User Reviews for Gabapentin

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced

1 review 54 medications
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 7.2 1,659 reviews

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Anxiety: "I first starting taking this medicine in summer of 2017 for anxiety and panic disorder to help me from taking so much klonopin. I took 300mg 4x a day. To be honest it did help for a while but I think it's just because it was making me high. I know it doesn't directly affect gaba but it helps you detatch so you of course "feel better." Over time it will lose its potency though and I just ended up more depressed on it because it is a depressive drug. Since January 2018, I have been tapering down from 4 a day to almost just one 300mg per day and I've lost 20 lbs and my suicidal thoughts have been drastically reduced. I think this medication is probably good for short term use but overall not healthy to use for psychological reasons alone if you are prone to depressive thoughts or suicidal ideation."

Belle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "Works better for my anxiety than klonopin and xanax. Also puts me in a generally better mood."

K (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Gabapentin made me so sick to my stomach I felt like I had the flu everyday. I only took 300 mg at bedtime and it did make me tired, but just not worth it."

misbehaving (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed gabapentin in 2002 for neuropathy. It didn’t ease the neuropathy, so my doctor wanted to keep increasing the dosage. I declined the increase, but asked to keep taking the 300mg because I was sleeping so much better. I’m still taking the 300mg plus 3mg melatonin for insomnia. (I also must avoid alcohol, sugar, and caffeine after 5PM)"

Colleen (taken for 10 years or more) September 10, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This drug was a life saver for me. I strongly recommend it. I'm 25 years old and went through a 4 year binge drinking everyday. I suffered from withdrawals I had panic attacks and my anxiety was through the roof. Alcohol was destroying my health and relationships. This medication even lifts your mood and calms you down. I have been alcohol free and no cravings what so ever. It Worked the first day. I'm so thankful for this. More doctors should prescribe it. It is great. God bless everyone - you got this."

Kingzeus (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Pain: "I am a chronic back pain sufferer have had a disectomy performed and have two more bulging discs. I was prescribed Gabapentin 600mg a day and it does nothing to alleviate my pain. Instead I have now stomach issues."

Joethebuilder (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on gabapentin for years. I have severe withdrawals. I stopped taking it for awhile, thinking I’m addicted, I went back on it because I wasn’t doing anything. Just watching TV All day. Now I swim, walk, take care of dogs, etc. I realized it helps me with anxiety and depression."

Zee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "I just started gabapentin for shingle pain. I sleep better. Ihave only started one 300mg at night. I am hoping for results for the pain."

billie (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Insomnia: "This seems to really let me sleep, I now have to wake up by the alarm clock. But I have the most terrible nightmares ever with it I'm scared to death, but well rested. It takes away my low back pain at night. I just wish it did not give me nightmares."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I was having increased neuropathy due to diabetes also lower back pain and arthritis I started gabapentin a month ago 100mg twice daily and have since built up to 200mg three times a day. I am 63 and was diagnosed with diabetes at 50. All I can say is wow what a difference. Pain reduced by 80% no side effects."

Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

For Pain: "Been on Gabapentin for over a year and now for pain in my spine but now I have trouble thinking or getting out simple words and I cannot go out by myself because I get these fits of feeling like I am drunk and makes me feel like I am going wobble out into traffic I also get this pressure on my head like someone is pressing on it all the time. I also have been feeling really down a lot which is not nice my moods have changed a lot and what I used to care about I no longer care about. This is a horrible medicine and I would advise anyone not to take it but that is my opinion and my experience with this drug."

Apophis (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Ironically, my doctor prescribed this medication and I was so thrilled to have relief from the RLS which increased after a surgery pain nerve block; unfortunately, as the dose was increased [ 100mg. to 300mg 3x a day ]- so did the RLS intensity and as my doctor then lowered the dose back to 100mg. - I noticed the RLS intensity decrease but the RLS remained nightly. I stopped Gabapentin and my RLS stopped. I have slept through the night for 2 nights now and it is a total relief - you cannot imagine the prior intensity I had for 2 months. I have had RLS all my life - usually, prior, had occurred maybe 1x a week. I hope this sharing helps others."

Chillaw (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Anxiety: "Took 300mgs of Gabapentin today at 10:29am. Got really dizzy and my mouth felt a bit puffed up. But, I did not have that much anxiety. My anxiety makes my throat feel like it's going to close but when I took the gabapentin, I felt a lot better and now, at 5pm, my throat feels fine, my pain is gone and you know I feel a lot better. Supposed to be taking it 3 times a day. But, I am VERY scared of taking meds. But, once I found out gabapentin is a neurotransmitter and calms your nervous system, I felt better. Tired too. Maybe might get some sleep finally."

Gabayay (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Gabapentin made my heart race tremendously. At first I thought that was due to my increasing my dose, by mistake to quickly. But I tried it again many months later and had the same side effect."

young spirit, old body (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Yes, I have Diabetic neuropathy in my feet and have been on 600 mgs of Gabapentin for almost a year and still have no relief. My doctor is trying to find something that will help but in the meantime I'm walking around with little or no feeling in my feet. Hope you all have better luck with Gabapentin."

Yoda126 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on this medicine for 3 year's. I take 3200mg daily in divided doses. I was put on it after I lost my husband to suicide in front of me."

KAT August 25, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "BAD DRUG. I took this drug for only a couple of weeks due to pain that I had from a hard fall that I had. It didn’t help my stretched nerve pain at all... It’s only a matter of time before this drug pops up on the list of “narcotics”. There is absolutely withdrawal symptoms that are terribly uncomfortable (much like an opioid withdrawal). It’s not even close to being worth it... take ibuprofen instead and save yourself the discomfort."

Steer Clear August 24, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Gabapentin helped me horrible back issues due to a car accident and also with suboxone withdrawals when I started tapering off. But unfortunately when I stopped taking them I experienced horrible horrible withdrawals. My doctor is helping me taper off of them and it's gonna take awhile. Rapid weight gain is one of its side effects."

Bella830 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Had to keep increasing dose to minimize pain and permit sleep."

Aldini (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "Hey I’m Troy I live in California. I don’t know where to start so I’ll just tell you what I’ve been through and how this medication helped me. I’ve been bullied since grade 5 about a multitude of things. My whole life (so far) I’ve always felt different. Like I see things a lot differently than other people and I suffer from existential anxiety and severe anxiety. Always wondering why we’re here how we got here what’s the meaning of life blah blah blah. Anyways, you get my point and maybe you even relate to me. I’ve tried a bunch of medications to help me like: hydroxyzine, lexapro, abilify, adderall, strattera, Wellbutrin and a lot more I can’t remember atm. Anyways Gabapentin - after taking it for two days has already changed my thoughts, and my actions this medication makes me feel extremely happy, outgoing, at ease, and just overall fine. My thoughts no longer take control of me and drive me insane. Thank you Neurontin."

Troy August 21, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I've taken Gabapentin for about 15 years now. My doctor swears it will help my idiopathic neuropathy. I've been taking 800 mg and if it is helping it's only minimally. I've got so many other issues now I have no idea if it's from the Gabapentin or new conditions. I'd rather have a drug that treated the cause instead of symptoms."

Julia (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "You definitely feel weird and spaced out for a few days but that will go away once your body gets used to it. I was prescribed 300mg 3X a day for pain. I also take OxyContin and Norco. It changed my whole life. My pain dr didn’t know about the years I have suffered with PTSD, GAD and severe tension. To the point where my muscles in my upper back, shoulders, neck and back of my head, including my jaw would tense so much that I had constant headaches. So severe that I would vomit. This went on for years. I tried EVERYTHING! So little did I know that when dr added gabapentin, it would change everything. I got my first 8 hr sleep in over 20 years. It helped with all the pain. I started going for walks, cleaning my house and doing projects again. I feel amazing! So please give it a chance to work. I know it feels weird and icky for a few days but that does go away. Don’t give up."

Jp patches (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have not been able to sleep on this medication! I couldn't figure out what had changed all of a sudden to make me have insomnia so bad!! I have just started gabapentin for pinched nerve pain and it's wonderful for that, but I can NOT sleep. I am going to try and just take it in the morning because I don't want it interfering with my trazadone and remeron. I have been miserable for the last week , since starting this. It also causes dizziness BEWARE ! I got up after taking it in the middle of the night and fell over knocking a bunch of stuff around . I am not on anything else for pain and my doctor is very reluctant to try anything else. I am at a loss because I wake up in such bad hip pain ."

Teri55 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have a long chronic pain history. Degenerative disk disease among other probems. I've been taking neurontin 600mg and after the first three days I'm now wide awake through most of the night. Maybe getting 4 hrs of sleep in the early morning hours and my pain has not changed. I wake up feeling a fog and I stumble around my eyes cant focus...not sure what to do at this point..."

Discouraged (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "I have Degenerative Disc Disease. For over 5 years I have tried everything to get my life back. Currently, I am taking Codeine 100 mg 2x, Trazadone 100 mg @night & Celebrex 200mg 2x and still in terrible pain. Five years of life slipping away & have bad sleep. My Doctor is always trying new meds to help me, but often I get a reaction or they make me too sleepy to work in the day. Finally, she gave me GABAPENTIN! I started low dose: 100 mg for 7 nights- with food! That is a must, then up by 100 mg & so on until my current dose of 400 mg. It has taken some adjustments with other meds, lowering the Trazadone because I was TOTALLY dopey in the morning! I have also been taking melatonin before bed to help me sleep through the pain. I don't need it anymore. I woke up one morning & realized my back didn't hurt! I only needed half the dose of Codeine that morning. I know that Gabapentin isn't for everyone, but try it. It's an investment in your pain recovery."

Sheegwa August 18, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...