User Reviews for Gabapentin systemic

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced

1 review 54 medications
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 7.3 1,687 reviews

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Neuropathic Pain: "I have had chronic back and neck pain for years due to severe scoliosis. I was hit by a drunk driver while on a motorcycle and my right knee was shattered (9 surgeries), my neck broken, (1 surgery), my hips displaced, and chronic neuropathy. It took 5 years to walk again and I was diagnosed with GAD & PTSD. I am a special ed teacher and need to be physically functional. I have had chronic pain for 30 years and due to the high rate of opioid abuse in the nation, doctors want to take me off of my hydrocodone. I did my own research, and learned about gabapentin. I asked for a prescription (300mg 3x/day) and it is working well for the nerve pain. I still have joint pain so I don't know what to do yet. I have had more energy and have been more motivated being on the gabapentin."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "Taking 500mg three times a day. I was a complete mess before this miracle drug. Now I no longer have anxiety or depression. I have my life back. It's amazing"

Slushy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2018

For Pain: "Horrible drug for chronic pain. Made my entire body feel like it was on fire and I still had all the pain I usually have on top of that."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Diagnosed bipolar and put on Lamictal. 1st panic attack sent me to ER at age 27. Had anxiety for 2 years. Doctor added Lexapro which eliminated all anxiety and panic attacks. In 2017 I had another panic attack that sent me to ER. My panic attacks felt like I was going to pass out and die. Doctor switched me to Paxil (40 mg) & Klonopin (1.5 mg) and continued to take Lamictal (300 mg). I continued to have milder panic attacks and anxiety which felt like I was being choked. I tried Buspar but didn't help. My doctor mentioned gabapentin so I came across this forum and gave it a shot. My doctor started me on 100mg 3 X's a day and I am 260 lbs. It totally eliminated all anxiety and panic. I can drive, live life without fear of having a panic attack or dealing with daily anxiety. There are zero side effects for me. I am off the Klonopin and carry it with me just in case. I eliminated ALL caffeine from my diet. Gabapentin has been a miracle drug for me and I hope it helps you too."

bob2756 October 24, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was on Benzodiazepines for forty years. I found a psychiatrist to help me get off. I was also in pain from a spine injury. I have a good spine doctor and he worked with the psychiatrist. They thought gabapentin would serve a two fold purpose for nerve pain and anxiety and withdrawal. It worked. I took gabapentin for almost a year and I stopped for six months. I can't say I experienced any bad side effects from stopping but the nerve pain was back and withdrawal from Klonapin increased. I got into a funk and low grade depression and had existential crisis and felt detached from everything. I decided to try gabapentin again and I have to say it turned my situation around. It's been eight months and I'm doing much better with both anxiety and nerve pain. For me the benefits far outweigh any side effects which are minimal for me. I am much calmer, feel normal, not emotionally detached and beleaguered. I can't say that I have experienced any of the horror stories I've read."

Luke October 21, 2018

For Hot Flashes: "I had been on bio identical hormones for 8 years. Life was great until I was diagnosed with pr/er+ her2- stage 1 breast cancer, had bilateral mastectomy and hot flashes, sleepless night came back immediately. My oncologist just recently prescribed gabapentin it is unbelievable how quickly the hot flashes have stopped. I pray it continues to work, I can now get a good night sleep! Give it a try!!"

Hotshot (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "After dealing with anxiety and depression for many years I started taking Gabapentin it is the best medication I have tried yet for anxiety tension and overall pain. I have been able to do so much while taking it."

Pgp (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Excellent for postmenopausal insomnia"

Witchiepoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I AM IN SHOCK!! I have suffered from leg pain chronic for 20 years. nothing has worked other then tyelnol 3 codeine. My doctor prescribed gaba - 6 pills a day so total of 600mg. I am pain free 4 to 5 hours , then i need another dose. I am so happy I could cry. This is a horrible illness to live with daily - fibromalagia. good luck everyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Anxiety: "It seems to be helping somewhat at 900 mg a day. I wish more folks here would specify the dosage. A lot of posts seem to be enthusiastic about this drug but I'd like to know how much to take - beyond the 900 mg's to feel a more profound, lasting effect"

stanislavski66 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started taking gabapentin for anxiety and it changed my life. It gave me a level of control in my life I never experienced before."

Canadan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am now coming up to 6 months and alcohol free after taking this drug. I am 54 and I was a very heavy drinker. Spirits were my drink of choice and I started early in the morning and easily polish a litre bottle off. I went to see a specialist and she prescribed me Gabapentin/Nuerontin. I took my first pill (300mg) in the evening before going to bed and actually slept all through the night without waking early. No night sweats and grabbing for the bottle to get my first drink of the day. I was a bit fuzzy headed for a few days but that faded however my alcohol cravings had gone. I still have problems with being in groups of people socialising when its booze related so I tend to leave early. I am now the official taxi driver! I am going back to see my specialist next month so I can cut down slowly on the pills if needed. Currently I am on 300mg x 3 a day. Good luck to you all and hope this helps and gives some encouragement and hope."

Anthony UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

For Pain: "I was prescribed gabapentin for nerve pain from back problems. I have also been severely depressed for over a year. 3 days in I felt a massive lifting of weight, and as if sun had come out. No idea why. Couldn't understand it. I felt like the duracell bunny. 6 days in on long walk noticed no pain in back of legs. First time in months. If gabapapentin IS responsible for my duracell bunny syndrome, long may it last. I can do stuff again.. very happy bunny. Will see if it lasts........"

Bizibèe (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "Hello Everone, Took forever to find a "current" forum on this drug - this one is great. My Dr. prescribed me Gabapentin for about the past 3 months and I've been skipping several days a week because I'm worried to death from what I've read everywhere, that it wears off in time. My days that I don't take it are very bad. Once I start daily, that's it, no turning back again. I don't want to face withdrawal when the time comes if won't continue working in 5 months, or 3 years etc. Just scared and so worried, that's why I am "saving" days for it to work well. If anyone here has searched like me, the internet is 95% nothing but very bad news on this medication. I don't know what to do..confused."

Patindaytona (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2018

For Pain: "Worked a bit in controlling pain but the side effects where bad. Horrible loose stools with explosive gas, bloating and a dead feeling over whole body. Nothing countered the watery diarrhea so I stopped taking it. Thank goodness I didn’t take long enough for withdrawals. Killed my sex life too"

Kracker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

For Anxiety: "Amazing drug for anxiety, especially social anxiety. Whenever I take gabapentin I'm able to go out and socialize without problems. I've been taking this for 6 years. I never had any luck with any other drug, and I've tried so many. The only side affect I get with gabapentin is if you don't take it consistently you will get really depressed and angry. At least I do."

Sallyella (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I used 1800mg per day for several years while in recovery from opiates, then alcohol abuse. I was shocked to find extremely minimal withdrawal symptoms on a very fast, doctor prescribed and monitored taper. The taper began at 900mg per day, and went down 300mg every 3 days, going from 300mg to 0. I've had a few sleep disturbances, but I experienced those from time to time on the 1800mg per day prescription as well."

dres (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Prescribed 600mg four times a day for alcohol withdrawal. Helps me so much with cravings from day one! I sincerely hope more doctors prescribe this."

Pk September 30, 2018

For Occipital Neuralgia: "I take four 800 mg doses per day. The pain is barely at bay, but anything else I’ve tried had zero effect. I also take flexeril at night I don’t think it does anything. There is a bald spot on the back of my skull where I constantly press down bc of the pain. I do everything with my left hand now bc I can’t keep my right hand off the spot. The pain never goes away. I’ve had facet injections, nerve blocks, massage, 6 weeks of PT. My Occipital Neuralgia has bankrupted my family and is ruining our lives. I fear losing my job- becoming homeless with no health insurance. I also live with Depression and Anxiety disorder which are exacerbated by the ON. I take so many pills every day I can’t imagine what it’s doing to my organs. I’ve tried exercise, yoga, meditation I’ve done everything I was told to try. Gabapentin is the only thing that helps at all. If I were not a mother, I would end my life. The pain is constant and unrelenting. No one should have to live like this."

Kbk September 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Wow this medication is a lifesaver. It got me off Klonopin instantly. It did something unusual for me. I have Bipolar disorder type 2 and depression has just been my daily thing. This medication not only took away anxiety it completely took the depression away. I am on lamictal too. I have been on so many medications it’s scary. None of them working. This one has just sucked away my depression as if it never existed. I am amazed and even though I dislike medication, this one is a miracle. I take 1800 mg divided three times a day"

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "This has been very good for sleep combined with a sublingual melatonin. Is anyone else concerned that its an anti-seizure med or the side effects associated with it? I have both insomnia and anxiety. I also have been taking CBD oil with it during the day for anxiety which is also supposed to help with sleep. Over all happy just worried that long term could have side effects to it."

sleep deprived (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "I use in conjunction with glycine, take both as sublingual ie the powders are placed under the tongue & left there until absorbed/dissolved. I rinse mouth with water afterwards."

Ged (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Pain: "A year after the first of two discectomies I still had nerve symptoms bad enough that I couldn’t walk more than about a mile. Being an avid hiker this wasn’t good enough. My spinal doctor put me on gabapentin 3x600 mg per day. One month later I was hiking 6 miles. Two months later I was hiking 12 miles"

BadBackPaul (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2018

For Pain: "Started on gabapentin and it’s awful . I’m dizzy falling over . Going to stay in bed till it wears off . Feel like I’m dying ."

Cloudy (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Insomnia: "I normally wake up in the middle of the night as I have always been a light sleeper....then can't turn my brain off to get back to sleep. My doctor prescribed this and it has been great...I take 200mg and fall right back to sleep. I also have taken Sonata and have good results with that but need to take more than one capsule per night."

Elizabeth (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...