User Reviews for Cymbalta

Back Pain
5.9

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.6 1,215 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Anxiety "Cymbalta changed my life. I was going through the worst life experience I could imagine. Thoughts of suicide dominated my life and panic attacks were often. Then I started taking Cymbalta and everything changed. I started having the ability to see a hopeful future and my panic attacks disappeared. The days I forget to take it look grey until I take it and hope returns. I'm too fearful to exist drug-free in my later years. I've never experienced any side effects, just positive ones. I wish I had started taking something like this when I was young. To me, it's a miracle drug."

Amos (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

For Anxiety "Terrible drug. Don’t start. Your body becomes addicted to it. The withdrawal symptoms when coming off are horrific"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2018

For Depression "I switched off citalopram onto this medication 3 weeks ago and it is causing major RLS symptoms from day one. I was up for 4 hours last night! I think it is effective so far with my depression/anxiety but can't really tell as I am so sleep deprived!!! Will probably have to stop it. I don't want another med on top of this to have to stop the RLS symptoms."

Karen15235 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Depression "Cymbalta has literally changed my life. My brain was always in this constant fog, I could never think straight about anything and intrusive thoughts about suicide would pop into my mind constantly. I didn’t care about anything and struggled to find my motivation. Now I’m thriving in work, taking pride in my appearance and being a much nicer person. I’m brighter, happier and just a much better person to be around. My colleagues and family have all noticed the change. Before I started taking it i’d read so many bad things about it, I almost didn’t try it. I’m so glad I did. I feel like the person I always dreamed I could be. I can think clearly and I’m not riddled with anxiety anymore."

Bromis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I don't usually leave reviews for anything and I researched this drug and saw so many negative comments about it so I thought I would leave a positive one. People seem to try this for 1 - 3 days and give up, how is this giving the drug a good chance at working? I have had chronic musculoskeletal lower back pain for just over a year now without any opiates working long term, so my doctor prescribed Cymbalta 30mgs to start with, yes I did have side effects... nausea, insomnia, lack of concentration, fainting, headaches etc but when you are desperate for pain relief you try anything and I stuck it out for the 2 weeks and all the side effects have gone, I now gone up to 60mgs and I feel this is kicking in quite nicely, I don't need my pain patches anymore etc"

kazza (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "After battling and dealing with pain for many years I was prescribed Cymbalta. This drug works for pain. It kinda blocks it. That said it was a rough start, dizziness, nausea, sweating. This fades and then you feel better. Pain reduced in all areas. I could go about my day to day without pain stopping me. Then after 2 years it just stopped working. I don’t like pain meds etc. As I knew all good things end I decided to try and get off this med instead of increasing dose. Well let me warn the consumer, the patient, it was very, very, extremely difficult to reduce and withdraw from. I have a medical background and a friend warned me. It was bad, vomiting violently ( I don’t vomit ever), then in bed with headaches and chest palpitations that were scary. Finished withdrawal and reduced medications in general. Be careful with this medicine if you choose to access it for medical treatment."

Fibrofight (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2018

For Depression "Took Cymbalta for two years due to severe depression. Couldn’t function hardly at all before the med. Once I started taking Cymbalta I was able to go to work and function normally again. No major side effects. Came off it for a couple months, reducing my dose down slowly, no bad withdrawal symptoms. However once I was off of it the depression and anxiety returned tenfold. And I’m going back on it."

Aim (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "20 MG reduced my stress, worries, & obsessive thoughts. I've never been able to relax because I thought I wasn't doing enough, but now I enjoy the moment. I'm better at work, chores, getting things done. I'm not at war with myself. I'm finally living in MY LIFE instead of being in MY HEAD. I started because GAD and PMDD were causing shingles and interstitial cystitis. All better, relationships too. I can also finally fall asleep, which was a part of my struggle. I also run better, fewer pains. After muscle tightness and insomnia disappeared, there are lasting, but manageable, side effects. Libido lower, appetite higher, orgasm slower, constipation common, but patience, coffee, and probiotics help. Alcohol causes headaches, but I don't crave it either."

No Longer Stressed Out September 29, 2018

For Anxiety "This stuff made me want get suicidal thoughts and other dark thoughts. The side effects of this medication resulted in me being misdiagnosed as major depressive disorder and Bipolar 1. My doctor wouldn’t listen to me about the side effects and continued prescribing other medications to help with my new diagnosis. I was prescribed a total of 10 medications within 4 months because of the side effects of this medication!!"

I HATE Cymbalta! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I was prescribed this for depression and chronic pain. The first time I took it was at night as instructed by physician. I was given 30mg I honestly thought it was going to die. I laid down after taking it and within 30 minutes I was feeling sick to my stomach. I went to get up to get to restroom to vomit but felt as I was going to pass out. I finally made to bathroom thinking what is wrong with me I've never had any drug do me like this. I checked my sugar level it was 59 which is low and I'm not a diabetic. I only did this for taking care of both parents which were and knowing their symptoms. I had to drink juice and eat a peanut butter sandwich to bring my sugar level up. I vomited, had a high heart rate, almost passed out felt so dizzy and weak due to it dropping my sugar count. I figured it had to be that medication so I threw it away and have not taken it again. I have not felt like that since. So it didn't work for me sadly."

Texas (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Anxiety "I was on citalopram 40mg for years and it had stopped working. Had to reduce my citalopram before going on to duloxetine/cymbalta 30mg. The Citalopram withdrawal was 20mg a day for 2 weeks then 20mg every second day then 2 days of nothing then start taking 30mg duloxetine every night. I have been on it now for 2 weeks and have noticed a little difference because it can take a few weeks for full effect to kick in. Withdrawal symptoms from citalopram were not nice at all. Maybe the reduction was too quick. I ended up in hospital for few days which did me good. I have been out of hospital for week but been on duloxetine 30mg for about 2 weeks so I know I have to wait a bit longer for full effect to take place. I still get a bit anxious etc but things are slightly improving. I hope in another couple weeks I will notice even more of a difference. I live in Australia and government covers most of the price so I only pay about $7 a packet"

linda5211 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Depression "Been on this 3 years and it works for me when I have no alcohol or illegal drugs. For pain I started smoking cannabis and my antidepressants doesn't work with weed!! With a week off weed and antidepressant working! I'm happier now, I'm laughing more, singing and joking. I am committing to getting better and cutting out anything else unless prescribed."

Fcd (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2018

For Back Pain "I took my first pill at 9:30am. It’s 1:48 am now and I can’t sleep. I am very anxious and fatigue. I’ve noticed that I yawned several times today and felt super uneased. Never taking the drug again. I’m trying to flush my body with water to get rid of it. Terrible side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have gained 50lbs from this med, so I stopped it, I went through the absolute worse withdrawals. I've been off 3 months and now just started back up tonight. I will figure out how to get the weight off but for fibro pain it has been the best one yet"

angela (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have no complaints , been on it for weeks now . Feel so much better"

Clara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Anxiety "I had pain throughout my entire body I felt like I was dying. My moods were at an all time low for months. No ambition just wanted to sleep and give up on life at age 45. I had been on other medicines for several years they worked ok but I still had issues. I just tried to cope with them until it became too much. I am on day 2 of Cymbalta 60mg and I can already feels the difference. I wake up feeling alive and I’m not hurting all over my body. My mentality is about 80% better already. Thank goodness this worked!! I hope it helps others as much as it has helped me!"

Jaye September 6, 2018

For Anxiety "Been taking for 10 days. First day upset stomach. Took for 2 days at night, but was having insomnia getting 3-5 hours sleep. Switched to mornings and started getting 6-7 hours sleep after 1 week. Noticed big improvement with slight depression within first few days (I was easily emotional several times a day). Anxiety is not gone but seems to be getting better already. Little dry mouth and decreased appetite (lost 4 lbs) but seems to be getting better each day. The first few days can be a little rough but I'm seeing improvements and I suggest to people stay with it the side effects will improve."

Rocket (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Depression "Cymbalta is the only antidepressant that works for my depression & anxiety. With it I feel calm and can think clearly and logically. I don’t catastrophise. I don’t get dark thoughts. Essentially no side effects. This drug radically changed my life for the better. A wonder drug."

R X (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Anxiety "It seems to help with most days but I am still on a dosage increase. I started at 30mg then bumped to 60mg and now I am at 90mg. I still have bad days but I'm hoping these will lessen as I become accustomed to the 90mg dosage. Next to no side effects except that weird 1% side effect of INSANE bruises."

SquidFartz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Cymbalta was really hard to take at first. I felt very out of it the first day, the second and third day the nausea was unbearable, I had terrible stomach cramps but the worst was the insomnia (but I had that before I started taking cymbalta). I was advise to try to stick to it and not give up because the benefits were coming. After 6 days I was so happy that all the side effects disappeared, I'm sleeping on my own with out insomnia meds, I feel like myself again and the terrible panic and dispersonalisation I was having are gone. I know I still have some time to go until is in full effect. I'm only on my second week but I'm excited to know that is going to be even better. Yes! Side effects suck and you feel you can't take it! BUT I think about the quality of life I was having without it and I'm afraid because it was so bad I was thinking of doing "anything" to stop it. Cymbalta is giving me the opportunity to enjoy life again. If you are struggling with side effects just hang in there. It will get better."

Anonymous August 25, 2018

For Anxiety "Although this medication helped me tremendously with my anxiety I believe it should not be taken by people who already deal with suicidal thoughts. I took 30 mg for a month and was fine maybe a little sleepy, as soon as I was raised to 60mg my suicidal thoughts were back and consistent, I have since gone back down to 30 mg and it is still happening."

Haily (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I was prescribed cymbalta yesterday and after taking only one pill I became incoherent. Thank goodness I was safe at home. I begin accusing my husband of things and spoke of things that made no sense. It was awful. I suffered some type of psychosis. I didn't recognize my husband and so forth. I even tried to call cops because I was scared of my family. It wore off after several hours . Very bad experience"

Adria August 18, 2018

For Anxiety "This medication honestly changed my life. I thought I was fine while taking it, so I went off cold turkey. It was the worst experience of my life. I took my 2 pills after about 9 days off. After an estimated 3 hours, I felt like my normal, happy, non-anxiety self again. I don't recommend it to anyone though. I tried about 4 different medications before Cymbalta was the one that helped me. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

For Back Pain "I have been a nurse for the past 30 years, and my job requires me to be on my feet for 90% of the time I am at work. Also at times we have to do heavy lifting and yes we learn safety techniques to do this, but sometimes you still end up with a back injury. I myself suffer from Lumbar Stenosis and after about 10 minutes of standing I begin to experience very heavy lower back pain and sometimes both my legs get numb. So my Neurologist prescribed Cymbalta 30mg once daily, at first it was amazing, I had zero pain for the first time in 5 years. But it was short lived, after about 1 month the excruciating pain was back, so the dosage was adjusted to 60mg once daily. Again it worked wonders but after 1 month the pain was back. So this medication did Not work for me."

Scrub Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2018

For Anxiety "About 8 years ago I was going through a major depression and anxiety and bipolar and OCD all wrapped in one. The psychiatrists I had been seeing tried using the old school drugs Zoloft etc. Nothing was helping so I checked myself into an inpatient program. Then the miracle happened. The in house Psychiatrist put me on CYMBALTA. He explained that it differed from the older medicines in that it affects two parts of the brain. I experienced very little side effects and within a couple weeks I was feeling like my old self. It truly is a miracle med in my opinion."

Comeback Kid (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes