User Reviews for Cymbalta

Chronic Pain

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.6 1,319 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

hicksy98 · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

For Fibromyalgia "I was on it for 3 days, and was experiencing all kinds of mental things, and had severe panic attacks. It helped with the pain along with Lyrica...but that was scary . I felt cloudy head and confused, sad, happy, depressed."

Ali August 9, 2019

For Depression "I’ve been on again off again taking Cymbalta for about 5 years. The longest amount I have stayed on it consistently being 2 years. Unlike most of the reviews I’ve read and experiences I’ve heard Cymbalta actually gives me insomnia for the first week or two that I take it , it also suppresses my appetite a lot and makes my mind feel fuzzy. But Cymbalta also works immensely for me in terms of my depression which has been severe since childhood making it feel manageable. The withdrawals do suck , I get insomnia again, restless legs and brain zaps. If you can stay on this medication consistently or long term it’s a good option for depression/ anxiety. But if you are not then I don’t recommend it, the side effects at the beginning and end are rough."

Anonymous August 7, 2019

For Fibromyalgia "I started Cymbalta to help with pain. I had horrible side affects. I was extremely nauseous, tired, sweaty and more. I took this medicine for about a month and the side effects never seemed to go away. So I stopped taking it even though I know you’re supposed to slowly do so. I just felt sick taking it and I still feel sick after stopping. I can’t stop throwing up. I honestly don’t even think it’s worth trying this medicine. I would stay away at all cost."

DM · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

For Fibromyalgia "I took one dose of this medicine, 20 mg and with an hour had severe diarrhea, a horrible headache and then panic and anxiety set in. It was so bad that I had to leave work 2 hours into my shift. On my way home, I actually stopped at the ER and sat in the parking lot debating on whether to go in. Luckily I was able to reach my doctor's office who gave me the go ahead to take a xanax to counteract these side effects and didn't have to go to the ER. It was so bad that I even had my husband leave work because I was too scared to be home alone. I would rather suffer through pain than have to do that again."

itselixx14 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2019

For Fibromyalgia "Cymbalta seemed to help at first, until the side effects became unbearable and it stopped working. It made me sleep over 12 hours a day, gain a bunch of weight, and made me have no libido what so ever. Not to mention it's extremely hard to come off of. I stopped it last week and I'm still experiencing withdrawals -- brain zaps, nausea, headache. I would not recommend Cymbalta for fibro. It might help your pain, but it'll make your fatigue worse."

PLW July 28, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Love that I am pain free!"

Mr. Noshow · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was hesitant to start the drug with all the horror stories but I guess that's with any drug that's not right for that individual. I had a horrible experience with Prozac. I suffer from GAD, fatigue, & was dealing with back & neck pain. Drug started to work pretty quick. Doc switched me from Zoloft to Cymbalta when Zoloft stopped working after a year. I had some dizziness & felt off for a couple of weeks but nothing like Prozac. Started out at 30mg during the transition but jumped up to 60mg after 2 weeks when I stopped zoloft. The drugs has worked well so far. I can see a significant reduction in anxiety which has given me the energy to start exercising again. It's also put me in a good mood & reduced pain by 80%. On week 2 of 60mg so I hope it continues to improve."

Kb · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

For Depression "This really works. I tried 5 different meds before this one and it is definitely the most effective. I would say give it a chance., it’s changed my life around within two weeks"

Alfie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2019

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I had frequent 'attacks' of neuropathy pains and after a few months of using Cymbalta, the cycle of attacks drastically reduced."

CM · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

For Anxiety "I took one pill and I’ll never take another. I was prescribed Cymbalta for both chronic pain and anxiety. I was on lamictal for anxiety at the time, which kind of worked but not great. I took Cymbalta at 6:30 in the evening and within an hour I had severe diarrhea (which lasted almost two days). As I tried to go to sleep an anxiety attack set in, the likes of which I have never experienced before, and it swallowed me up. For the entire night, I was curled up on the floor under a sheet, shaking. My mind was trapped in pure fear and panic. I could barely walk to the bathroom, which, thanks to the gastrointestinal distress, I needed to do often. My mind was racing and voices were screaming in my head and there was no way to make it stop. It was absolute the worst thing ever. It started to fade around 6 or 7 am and by 4 pm I was feeling almost normal, just a little shaken up. I hope I never have to endure torture like that again."

Rainmon · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

For Depression "Cymbalta works well with no effects - unlike Zoloft witch made me feel like a zombie"

jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I've been on Cymbalta 20 mg for about 5 weeks which was prescribed for chronic hip/lower back pain. Day 2 into the medication the hip/lower back pain was gone! Doc upped the dosage to 40 mg....day 1 after taking 40 mg the arthritis on both hands/fingers was gone also. Very minimum side effects."

oneiannie July 21, 2019

For Depression "I started Cymbalta for my depression as Zoloft wasn't able to keep up. I also have myofasial pain syndrome, fibromyalgia, bursitis, sciatica, SI joint Dysfunction, osteoarthritis in my left knee/right hip. Cymbalta pulled me out of the horrible depressive spell but it really calmed my fibro and myofasial pain. Like 85% better. Worse in the summer so I'm experiencing it still helping me but a pain flare-up trying to fight thru. I'm susceptible to migraines, cymbalta has not given me headaches. When I first took it it really knocked me out made me feel gross so I learned to only take it at night and it really helps me sleep. Only two bad things that have happened is - forgetting to take it the next day I'm pretty miserable and feel slightly out of it. The other is stay sitting up after taking it to make sure it does not dissolve in my esophagus or I get severe pain and diahrrea. I'm on 60mg since February and I still feel good. I've never had anything help my chronic major depression like this has."

Rs · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

For Back Pain "I started 30mg cymbalta 3 weeks ago for my neck and lower back pain. I feel so much better now. I went through weird side effects and lost appetite. I was afraid to take this medication after reading the reviews but everyone is different. I’ve been able to work and workout without pain. Cymbalta worked pretty good for me."

Polarprince · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "This drug over time took away all emotional feelings. I could witness a accident and instead of being concerned I wasn't even phased. I found myself being cold and blunt with people. I was also suffering from crazy head and body sweats. Random but always severe. My Blood Pressure went through the roof. I lost ALL sexual desire to be with my wife or any woman. I'm blessed my wife stuck by me. Fatigue was also severe. I could sleep 12 hours and wake up feeling like I worked a 12hr midnight shift. After two years and age 43 I am starting to come off of it. My dose of 60mg has been reduced to 30mg and the sweating is gone, BP stabilized and energy returning. The main reason I suffered through the drug so long because it did help my Osteo. Right now is sooner suffer with pain and tend to my wife's physical needs like I once loved doing."

Shaky July 17, 2019

For Depression "My Dr prescribed 60 Mg Cymbalta yesterday. I took one capsule at 1:00 pm. At 4:00am I had double vision. I also have glaucoma. Im not sure if I should take even 1 more. But I need a antidepressant so bad!"

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 12, 2019

For Chronic Pain "Cymbalta did not help my pain. I have myofascial pain syndrome. It made it worse because it caused me to clench my jaw. It also came with severe side effects, and then I found out it is almost impossible to get off. Withdrawal symptoms are horrendous and last months to years. I am on a 2 to 3 year taper schedule to get off of this drug that never helped. I gained 40 pounds and have terrible daytime fatigue. If you are considering taking this drug, please do a lot more research"

Tulsa · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

For Chronic Pain "For nine years I had lower back pain due to a bulging disk. I also had aches/discomfort in the left hip that caused me to walk with a limp. My doctor prescribed Cymbalta for chronic pain and a few days later I noticed that the hip aches/discomfort and back pain were gone. I no longer walk with a limp! Very minor side effects."

Nicole July 5, 2019

For Depression "I had been on eight different anti depressants for 12 years. I tried Cymbalta and had been on it for 14 years .I try to get off of it and I took eight months and I completely went off. Withdrawals were horrific All of my depression and anxiety came back but worse than ever. I’m so glad to be back on it. Cymbalta is a lifesaver."

Nick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 4, 2019

For Depression "I went through a bunch of medications for my depression and Cymbalta was the first one that helped my symptoms. I was no longer having episodes and my depression and feelings seem to have subsided. A few months in I started to feel less of any emotion. My wife and I started to argue and she would call me a walking zombie with no feelings at all. I didn't want to have sexual relations with her and that took a toll on our marriage. Other than that though the medication did work great for me but definitely something that I would have considered if I knew this would have been a side affect."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

For Depression "I feel so much better, I’m more calm, I don’t get frustrated easily, I have more patience, I have more energy to do things, etc.. the only side effect I get is body heat and a little bit of sweating. Also, I have no desire for sex, but it’s ok since I’m single lol. Anyways, Cymbalta helped me when it comes to my depression and leg pains."

Rob June 30, 2019

For Back Pain "I am blessed to have this medication available to me. I do have anxiety and fibromyalgia along with the back pain. The first 2 weeks I did not think I was going to be able to endure the side effects of Cymbalta but I tougher it out and I am so glad I did. My life is back and I can function like an almost normal person. There is no way for me to tell you how happy I am to be sharing this with the world!!!"

DSummer · Taken for 10 years or more June 30, 2019

For Depression "I have been taking Cymbalta for approximately 15 yrs. for depression & anxiety. I had tried every other drug on the market. It has been a life saver for me! The first few days I felt nauseous but that is a side effect that goes away. My dr told me it was one of the few that continues to work after taking it for a long time. I mistakenly have quit taking it a few times to see if I felt better. I had no adverse effects coming off of it except that my anxiety & depression worsened. This year was the first time I’ve had my dosage increased since starting the med. As long as it continues to work, I’ll never quit taking it."

Ss June 29, 2019

For Back Pain "Was put on this for pain, as a side effect it has improved my mood and disposition tremendously. I can only hope it continues to work this well."

Listentoyrbod June 26, 2019

For Depression "I’m disappointed that it made me so so sick not as bad as Latuda but 1 day is enough to know this is a bad drug."