User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 155 reviews 56 medications

Chronic Pain 83 reviews 112 medications

6.2
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1028 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "Cymbalta has been an incredible drug for me. Since taking Cymbalta, I have been able to enjoy life more, sleep less and feeling more refreshed, reduction in pain, and improved memory and concentration. Recently, I have been studying for an exam. This is a hard exam, that I previously had failed before, while not taking Cymbalta. I started taking Cymbalta, approximately in January. The months leading up to the exam, I was more focused, and able to concentrate better than I can last remember. I know that Cymbalta doesn't treat concentration or memory problems, but I think that sometimes if you are depressed, it can have a severe affect on concentration. Thank you Cymbalta for helping me in my life."

CymbaltaFan April 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the beginings of osteoarthritis. I'm a 24 year old mother of 3 children, and for me, Cymbalta has helped manage my pain. With 2 kiddos under the age of 3, and a special needs step-child, I don't have time to hurt, and I definitely can't lay around when I have a flare-up. Cymbalta has made the pain lessen from a screaming pain, to more of a whisper. Do I still have flares? Yes. But they are fewer and the pain is less, and I am able to control my flares better with the help of naproxen and a muscle relaxer. As far as side effects, I've noticed some loss of appetite and constipation. Every medication has some sort of negative effect, but you have to pick and choose what you are willing to live with."

Gracey Mae (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Was put on this for anxiety/pain. Although it did help with anxiety, it made me very weak in the legs. So much so that I can't stand it. I am prescribed 60 mg, but I take 15 mg to keep the edge off. Im told weakness in muscles is not a side effect. Garbage ! I see in some comments that few others have it. Doctors act like we don't know our own bodies. ...So frustrating!"

nervousnelly9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have never in my life functioned properly until cymbalta, I have gone from panic attacks , to public speaking with no hesitation , I finally have a real life , I don't over stress , I no longer ruminate , no shakings , no lasting side effects , a bit hyper and loss of libido but sorted out in a few months, I never want to come of it , changed my life totally , been on 60 mgs for 20 months"

may78 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Severe constipation, horrible horrible time it gave me,I don't care what anyone says,I was on it for 6 weeks and had to take laxatives every other night just to get relief before it finally hit me what was happening, I went off it right away, terrible drug,I'd rather live with any kind of pain then to ever go through that again!!!!"

Samby April 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My new doctor recently switched me from klonopin to Cymbalta. I'd been taking Klonopin for two years at a low dose with NO issues, but this doctor can't help meddling. Anyway, this Cymbalta is a nightmare. I'm not depressed, just have anxiety, so why am I taking this? I've been so edgy and nauseous since starting it. I can't sleep, and sit in meetings at work spacing out. Never take this medication. I'm seeing my doc next week and am just going to flatly say I'm not taking this anymore. Luckily a different doc prescribes the Klonopin."

Jame F April 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Within 2 hours of taking the medication, my brain lit up, it felt like I was high. I couldn't contain the energy, so I went for a run. By midway through the day I went to the park with my nephews, I took them on the swings. I thought I'd go on with them, so I started swinging and it felt like I was going to die. The most terrible feeling of fear I have ever experienced. It felt like I was free falling. I had a total panic attack. At the end of it I freaked out and just needed to get home. Could barely drive or focus. By day two I started feeling terrible raw feeling in my stomach, fought the feeling of vomiting most of the day, exhausted detached. My brain would fluctuate between euphoria and complete inability to calculate or communicate."

Dr stranglove April 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this drug back in the summer-ish of 2016. I was given 30 mg, which, let me say, was [at the time] The Holy Grail. I lost a bunch of weight, because it had helped me feel good enough to stop emotionally eating. Started on 60 mg, and it felt like a placebo. I accidentally stopped taking it for about 5 days and experienced physical withdrawals which I wasn't warned about until I googled. I'm currently weening myself off of it, because I refuse to be a slave to this or any other drug."

purple reign (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "My confirmed diagnosis is Fibroidmyalgia, Sjogrens, and severe arthritis which I have suffered for many years. The Fibroidmyalgia tested the worse out of all other disorders. My PCP gave me 60 mg/day of Cymbalta which was reduced quickly for I slept all the time & couldn't control my eyes. My husband said i walked around w/my eyes wide open & I'd forget to blink, said I resembled a zombie. My RA Doctor advised me to combine Cymbalta with Lyrica to increase effectiveness which I'm hesitant to try. My pain, tiredness, and sensitivity has increased severely w/Cymbalta, and I honestly feel it's not worth the risk."

Simply Tired (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "After reading some of these comments I realize I'm not alone I just broke down about an hour ago not understanding why am so depressed I'm not sad but I'm depressed I am a cancer patient that is 40 years old and I've been battling cancer and severely depressed since I was 24 I just recently spent a month in bed because I was in such horrible pain I finally ended up in the hospital because my cancers back once again and they upped my dose from 30 mg to 60 mg to help with pain and depression. I haven't noticed that it helps with any pain but I have had all the side effects but I've read in these comments I'm so glad I found this now I know to stop taking this med but I'm terrified of the side effects to come I haven't worked since January 5 I get discharge from the hospice house on February 20 and all I can do is go to the bathroom and lay in my chair I'm fighting so hard to be happy but nothing is working"

Jennifer Breese (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I experienced brain "zaps" and severe mood changes on Cymbalta. It worked great for neuropathy at first but it worsened my depression and anxiety. I felt restless all the time, like I was climbing the walls. Eventually I felt numb and unable to function. My doctor refused to take me off of it, so I took myself off and found a new doctor who refilled my Zoloft prescription."

KDev (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Took it 7 months, might as well been taking aspirin, well, actually BC aspirin worked better. Works for some people, just doesn't metabolize with this old fellow. Waste of time"

Quando62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed Cymbalta when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year. Cymbalta is by far the worst medicine I could ever imagine being on. It did nothing for my fibromyalgia pain. I stayed on it to see if it would work with time, nothing. I told my doctor I felt no better about my fibromyalgia pain and decided to wean off. This is the ugly part. My dose went from 60mg to 30mg for the next two weeks and then I was told to take it every other day for 2 weeks and so I did. Here I am 3 days off of it completely and I feel horrendous. Muscles are stiff, mouth is constantly dry, diarrhea is nonstop, vomiting, constant nausea, headache, body zaps, brain zaps, feeling exhausted but can't sleep. Cymbalta is hell. Please avoid at all costs."

Rachpar March 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I must say that it helped with my neuropathy, but from day one, I had a terrible time urinating and was experiencing horrible nightmares. As soon as I discontinued it, these symptoms went away. I am on Zoloft now without any problems."

bfdarvey3744 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had such a mixed experience on Cymbalta. I took it for 1 month. It made half my day awful, and the other half great. I would take it in the morning (30mg) and for the first half of the day I would feel this dark undercurrent, but kind of speedy at the same time. It made me have terrible anxiety and paranoia and I fought with my husband in the mornings, accusing him of petty things. Then around 1pm this darkness would lift and I would feel happy; it was really bizarre. But the damage done to my marriage from my behavior in the mornings was terrible. I hope my husband can forgive me for the drama. My last dose was 2 days ago and I feel much more stable and sane. I did not like how this drug altered my personality so much in the mornings."

ccinsf (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I suffered for about 2 yrs with fibromyagia. With in the first 2 days at 20mg I felt a significant decrease in the electrifying buzzing throughout my body. I finally got comfortable enough to get a good night of sleep. The first day I had eye pain but it went away later in the day. Currently I wake up in the morning with a little nausea and my fingers swell but this too subsides throughout the day. Overall I have been more active and alert than I could ever remember. :)"

Tiff L (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've tried prozac, effexor, welbutrin and buspar. Cymbalta is the only med that makes me feel normal and cures my anxiety with no noticeable side effects. There is a withdrawal if I miss a dose and it involves being very sleepy, vivid dreams and night sweats. It's not fun, but it's worth feeling normal again."

Alezie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm hoping my comments reaches out to those who like me gave up on medication time and time again as it affected their work outs. As a long distance runner and someone suffering from years of major PTSD and Anxiety, it was nearly impossible to have the stamina to run while on meds. I'd have to grin and bear the struggles of my PTSD without meds during my years of marathon training. Cymbalta and Latuda have been the perfect combination for me. Though Latuda is more for Bi-Polar, it has helped many people with PTSD, like myself. I have no weight gain and I have plenty of stamina to do my running. I'm so grateful to God and my doctor for finding the best program for me. If you're an athlete, help is out there."

SoCalPhilly March 14, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I took it for 5 days 30mg and have never felt so sick. The first day I was crippled with diarrhea and a headache which continued to the following day. I then got a tightness in my throats and couldn't stop yawning. I stopped eating due to the nausea.The headache didn't go away and by day 3 was joined by an earache and sweating. Yesterday was the worst. All of I sudden my vision became blurry and I couldn't talk properly. It was terrifying. Like my brain stopped working. I couldn't drive and was so dizzy I kept falling over. I stopped immediately and now have to wait 3 days for it to leave my system. I still feel horrendous and I still can't see properly."

Sugarplumsquirrel March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Started on cymbalta 30mg in Aug 2017. I do suffer from anxiety and in addition to that I have herniated discs and problems in my neck. This medicine has been the greatest thing I have ever taken. Finally I can go to grocery stores alone and not have panic attacks in the middle of walmart. So my anxiety has greatly improved. The tingling and dizziness I would get in my head and arms is gone. My neck pain has improved but it could get even better if I could increase my dose to 60 mg. But my blood pressure is at times is too high. Once this is under control they will increase cymbalta. I have had no side affects at all on this medication and feel like I can live again. Mood has improved and I feel like myself again."

Shuna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I've been taking 60mg of Cymbalta and 300mg of Lyrica along with other meds like Tylenol 3, Vicodin, trazodone, alprazolam and vitamins for about 9 months for fibromyalgia. I haven't noticed much of any difference in the pain dept. The only thing I notice is the trazodone and alprazolam helps me sleep about 5-6 hours a night. The pain is still there and I'm just getting so tired of all the pain and frustration. I've seen a rheumatologist and a physiatrist but nothing has changed. I don't know what else to do or try."

Bobmkatt March 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I married a great man. I put this man through hell . I'm 34 was 32 had a hysterectomy and here came menopause. I was living hell. I felt every bad feeling you could possibly feel. For no reason. Finally this Feb 2017 I snapped. I don't remember much other than trying to kill myself. I almost lost my family. I reached out for help my Dr put me on 30mg then 60 now 120. The 1st day I felt brand new. My face was numb but that's it. Everything is brighter better warm and I have love in my ❤ Thank you for saving me!"

Kansas Kim March 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I was in an accident 3 months ago. I had extreme pain and finally I found a doctor who listened to me. After my accident and my lower buttocks legs and heels I could hardly move not including all the neck problems I had the first wee.k I felt some flu symptoms however one day I woke up and I have to say it made me 75% better I just got increased from 30 to 60 it seems like I might have some of the side effects. I first had my body a little flu like feeling, in my mind a little foggy, however if you're really taking this for nerve pain I would suggest this to anyone it has helped me more than anything. Starting next month I'm going to wean off of the narcotic pain pill I've taken 3 months all the bad reviews on most scared me from me but I tried"

Alley 267 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Please DO NOT take this!!!! I have taking it for 7 years it never really worked I don't know why I kept taking it, When I was diagnose with mood disorder they put me on new meds and took me off cymbalta. They did wean me off BUT I WAS AWFUL THE WITHDRAWALS WERE AND STILL ARE 3 WEEKS LATER SO BAD!!! THE BRAIN ZAPS ARE THE WORST AND THEN THERE IS SWEATING SHAKING NAUSEA PLEASE DON'T EVEN START IT EVEN IF IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD"

Pamipoo414 February 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I took this drug for GAD. Of course it did its job. BUT PLEASE READ ABOUT ITS WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS BEFORE STARTING!!! I have stopped taking it 4 days ago and you can't imagine the things I am going through. I remember before taking it, I read reviews about this drug. And one of the reviews wrote 'DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. IT IS HELL' and I was like why so dramatic. And oh boy was he not!! I am reading about how to reduce the withdrawal symptoms. And after reading the users who are trying to stop Cymbalta on this page https://www.drugs.com/answers/long-cymbalta-withdrawals-747877.html?page=2, I found out that I have a long way to go. Please be careful."

Fadi MEL February 18, 2017