User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 2)

Osteoarthritis

6.1

Back Pain

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.6 1,173 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Anxiety "After my first dose of the generic version of Cymbalta yesterday evening for major anxiety and minor depression. I was surprised to feel a difference within a few hours. My mood lifted and I had more energy. I still felt slightly anxious. Initial side effects: quite bad insomnia, slight jitteriness, slight diarrhea, very slight confusion at times and nausea for the first 12 hours after taking it. After 2 weeks, I now have zero side effects and have changed to taking it in the mornings. It is a miracle drug for my depression! The constant dark feeling of sadness has lifted completely. It has also helped my anxiety quite a lot, however I still have periods of anxiousness. I am definitely going to stay on this medication as it has drastically improved the quality of my life."

stillholdingon (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine gave me nothing but brain zaps and nausea. This medicine has a very short half life so make sure to take your meds within 20hrs or you will feel sick all day long. Getting off this medicine was worse than getting on. It took me months to get the nausea, brain zaps, insomnia, and headaches to stops."

Zae (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2018

For Anxiety "This medication helped me so much! I battled severe depression in high school due to chronic illness and about a year and a half later developed a severe anxiety disorder. I started off on other meds (i.e. Lexapro, Zoloft, etc.) with little help. I've been taking duloxetine now for ten years and it makes a world of difference for me! Every medication reacts VERY differently in each individual and its a process of trial and error, but I'm very thankful for this medication. Are there side effects? Sure, like with any medication. My worst ones are always being hot and dry mouth (comes and goes). I've found ways to deal with those though and it doesn't take away the fact that my anxiety is helped tremendously and my depression nearly disappeared. I will battle anxiety for my whole life, I'm sure, so please don't think any drug is a magic, cure-all pill! BUT I can conscientiously recognize an anxiety attack and use my coping skills, whereas before, I felt completely out of control."

Luvpaws1990 April 5, 2018

For Depression "Day 6 and not feeling anything yet."

Christina (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I’ve been taking 30 mg a day for a few months, prescribed partly for depression but mainly for neuropathy. I’ve noticed a marked reduction in pain, a minimal positive effect on depression but the skyrocketing anxiety is crazy. It seemed to actually decrease anxiety for about a week, then went in the opposite direction. I asked my doctor about this, and discontinuing it, but he said not to, and instead go to 60 mg. This has put me in an awkward position of noncompliance (for good cause IMO). Ultimately though, I guess it’s my responsibility. If I don’t notice a decrease in the anxiety soon I’ll be stopping Cymbalta. No sense in paying a doctor to feel worse!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking cymbalta 60mg for nearly 10 months now for anxiety and depression. Im feeling so much better and wanting to get off them completely. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks"

Loz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I'v been on Palexia SR 100mg and Pristiq 50mg for more than 2yrs for Chronic pain. Kept me functional, able to work etc. Told Dr I wanted to go off Pristiq, weaned off over 3 wks no problems. After 2 months my pain increased to unbearable even still taking Palexia. Revisited Dr about pain, Dr suggested Cymbalta 30mg. I read all the horror reviews, but needed to try something. Right from 2nd day, my pain s reduced by 60+%. No side effects. I can move like I have not moved in months. Amazing."

Marsey (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Cymbalta was prescribed to me for neuropathy pain - it didn't work! Instead I was cursed with the following side effects: gained 28 pounds in 2 months, lethargy, gynocomasty (breasts for men), sky high cholesterol and a severely damaged metabolism, impotence and near sterility. I can ravage the male body. Avoid this drug at all costs - IT IS NOT A CURE ALL."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Depression "Gave me the worst Diarrhea 10 times a day, could not work. Only on 30 Mg a day. Never again. Had been on Prozac for 10 years and Effexor for 15 . I weaned off the Effexor@ 150 MG to 75 MG to 37.5 MG . Because I couldn't walk across a room without falling down. Couldn't sleep, talk,etc, Electrical shocks from head to toe kept me up. Went to Hospital after being off effexor for 5 weeks, thought I was having a heart attack. They put me on 30Mg of Cymbalta. Took me 3 years to kick the cymbalta as Doctors said it was worth the side effect of explosive diarrhea compared to the depression. .. Was off 4 months. Massive Depression event. Hospitalized."

Ah Poop (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

For Depression "Coming off of Cymbalta was absolutely terrible! My Dr. tappered me off the drug and I followed his instructions. I became very sick the first day I was completely off. I was dizzy, throwing up etc., etc. I could hardly get out of bed for around 7 days. About a month later, I started getting sick again. After months of wondering what was going on, I found out my gall bladder was only functioning at 9%. I have read several instances where people have had gall bladder issues after they stopped taking Cymbalta. That could just be a coincidence, but you never know. If you are currently battling withdraw symptoms, hang in there. I am not going to lie it is not fun at all, but it does get better."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

For Anxiety "Horrific drug that should be banned, the withdrawal was insane, even for the short time I was on it, thankfully I met thousands of others in a FB support group now with almost 15000 members on how to get off this poison safely and properly, via opening capsules and bead counting ( yes it's that bad to get off of) and a extremely slow taper..."

Tony (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

For Anxiety "I'm 46 and over all generally healthy. I have suffered with anxiety and PMDD for about 6 years. After trying many SSRI medications and taking a low dose of Xanax on a regular basis, Cymbalta has totally changed my life for the better. The mild side effects are far better than what I use to go through. I went from 20mg to 30mg and this works for me."

Lynn March 3, 2018

For Anxiety "My husband had Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) 2 years ago and 2 months after he developed severe anxiety. At first he was given Ativan to help him. He was then given Celexa and it sent him for a loop--SEVERE anxiety, so that didn't work. He decided he would just use Ativan during the day and Xanax to help him sleep. I finally convinced him that he needs a long term treatment. He is almost through his second week of Cymbalta. It is making him very tired, almost exhaustion and he feels like he is in a fog. He is still having his spells, but I don't think they are as severe. I keep encouraging him to give it more time. I hope this works, I want my outgoing, funny, and energetic husband back."

Grandma T (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Back Pain "I was on 150 mg of imipramine for 30 years but it was not working any more so was switched to cymbalta and suffered with the sweats and sleepless nights. It eventually all went away but it wasn't easy. I still don't seem to have much energy and daily life seems forced so not sure if I should increase from 60 mg to 90 mg. I am still having severe lower back pain going for laser treatments and chiropractor. Any suggestions?"

Heat8004 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I had substance abuse 7 years ago and suddenly developed anxiety disorder. I was put on many meds then on cymbalta 60mg and within 3 months everything was back to normal and my doc weaned me of another 3 months. I lived the best years of my life from 2012 traveling working got married have a daughter everything with 0 anxiety until last month. I started feeling like am losing my mind along with intense fear and then I realised my anxiety came back Same doc put me back on 30mg of cymbalta in the morning along with 2.5mg zyprexa at night for 1 month 10 days into the treatment felt normal again I couldn't be much happier went back to the old me BUT unfortunately the last 3 days anxiety came back very high. I talked to my doc today and he told me to keep the dosages like they are and to wait a little...so is it possible that the drug stopped working or its just my body is readjusting?? Did anyone have similar experience where the medication worked the first 10 days and then anxiety came back?"

Mcmo11 February 26, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I wanted to try Cymbalta for fibromyalgia pain. I started with 20 mg a day and didn’t feel much so after a month I went up to 30 mg. Within five days I woke up with a bright red hot prickly face. I could not blame this on anything but the increased dose of Cymbalta. I had my liver enzymes checked and one of them was high. I weaned off over the course of a week And my face finally went back to normal. I haven’t had my liver enzymes checked again but I’m being very careful. I’m taking milk thistle and N acetyl cystine to clear the toxins out of my liver. Long story short this drug is not for everyone. Be very careful and have your liver enzymes checked if anything doesn’t feel right."

Probusybody February 24, 2018

For Depression "I've been on every depression med available. (Including Trintellix -- one of the newest). Trintellix worked really well, but I gained quite weight on it, and the $300/mo copay got old after a while. I'm really surprised and pleased with Cymbalta so far. I'm taking the lowest dose (20 mg?), and have not had any major issues (had headaches at 1st which happens with all new meds I try, and I always take with food to avoid nausea). I experienced horrible fatigue on Prozac, but I need to take this med in the a.m. I'm a runner and so usually constantly ache , but I'm actually feeling "lighter" and less stiff since I've been on this. I've also lost some weight/appetite which I love. This may be a result of ending the Trintellix, but whatever the case, I'll take it. I've always been really constipated, and Cymbalta has helped with that as well. (Does this mean that "regular" people might experience diarrhea?). I'm not agitated nor nervous, so all in all, Cymbalta has been really good for me."

MEL-Columbus February 23, 2018

For Back Pain "I was put on Cymbalta and Lyrica at the same time. Back and nerve pain improved, but was like a zombie on this. My family said had a blank look in my eyes like "no one home". Short term memory was gone. Since was only on it for about 2 months when weaned off didn't seem to have negative withdraw symptoms. Still on lyrica and pain level seems ok."

McQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Depression "This awful drug killed my son. He died of serotonin syndrome within 2 months of taking it. Ensure you have a vigilant doctor who cares for you and follows up how you react to the drug."

Mez (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Cymbalta for fibromyalgia in July of 2017. Prior to this, I was already taking Prozac for anxiety and depression, so making the switch seemed logical. The Cymbalta would help with those symptoms, while also combating the pain and fatigue I was experiencing from fibromyalgia. Honestly, it's been life-changing for me. I feel like my old self again. I'm relatively pain free and my energy levels are up. Prior to starting Cymbalta, the pain was so bad that I wanted to die. I even told my husband to divorce me because I didn't want him to be saddled with taking care of me. I was sleeping my life away, missing out on dinner and time with my family. I wore my hair in a bun every day because I didn't have the energy to even hold the blow dryer. It was really bad. I'm 95% back to who I was before fibro entered my life. I would highly recommend Cymbalta to any other fibro fighters out there."

JamieJulep (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have had fibromyalgia for 30. yrs. My M.D was supportive, - resorted to hydrocodone. It worked, but I hated taking opiates. Then my husband died. My doctor upped my hydrocodone to 4, 10mg a day. My Fibro was worse. Went to a pain clinic. Awful. I went to a psychiatrist. He put me on a low dose of xanax, for crying nightly. Still Pain! I returned to the psychiatrist. I was on Cymbalta, 60 mg., for depression, but still had Fibro without opiates. Psychiatrist told me to take 60 more mg of Cymbalta. Next day I was a new person! No pain, wonderful mood.Everyone is different. I am off opiates, and down to 0.5 xanax."

CissiePa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was on this medication for depression and possible help with fibromyalgia for a couple of years. My doctor had me on so many meds, I started taking myself off one at the time, with his approval. The Cymbalta was by far the worse withdrawals of anything I have ever taken. It was three solid months of withdrawals, cold, hot, tingles on my head and body. Even with a slow decrease in dosage, it was horrible. I would not allow anyone I care about to use this drug."

Sunshine32456 February 15, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have tried so many medications for my depression and anxiety and nothing had worked. I was hospitalized as I was feeling suicidal and the Dr thought right away that Cymbalta would work for me. It did! I also suffer from migraines which have improved as well. Starting up on the med was okay, but after 4 weeks I developed insomnia that lasted six months and finally went away. The meds also make me crave sweets in the evenings and I never had a sweet tooth before. I’ve heard other similar stories. My anxiety has also improved and I am currently tapering off of Clonazepam. I continue to get healthier on this medication. It offered me the crutch I needed to take care of myself, practice coping techniques learned in therapy, and get better."

Zenbound (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2018

For Back Pain "Wonderful until you come off it. 8 Years on Cymbalta for Chronic Pain and now 2 years of Brain Zaps, Fog ,Fatigue, Anger, depression etc. It is worse than crack. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy."

KenWoods (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed 20mg Cymbalta and while I was on the medication (3 months), my depression settled and I felt happy & motivated. However coming off cymbalta I experienced night sweats, low moods, mania, paranoia, anger and I convinced myself I had many mental disorders. I tried to put myself into psychiatric care. Please DO NOT take this medication, it is very new and doctors shouldn't be recommending it."

Gia19287 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018