User Reviews for Vraylar

Learn more about Vraylar.

Schizophrenia 10 reviews 42 medications

8.1
Bipolar Disorder 50 reviews 28 medications

6.1
Summary of Vraylar reviews 60 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Vraylar

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has been a life changer for me. No weight gain. Side effects for the first week or so. I did become dependent on it and become crazy after missing a few doses of it. It is absolutely perfect for MIXED episodes. It is the best medication I have found so far. I have been taking for about two months I believe."

rachel7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "My sister had been on clozapine for 11 years! She was doing great; showering on her own, changing her own clothes (for those that know people with schizophrenia then you these are major tasks in of themselves) she was even volunteering, working out and DRIVING! Just last week her doctor, whom we have grown to love and depend on, told her about Vraylar.Of course SHE wanted to try it.Sure she still had the voices in her head but they were quieter and she could always tell the difference between her world and reality. After 3 days on Vraylar she went full blown maniac! Throwing things,yelling at us in tongues ,hitting and kicking us. We finally got her to the ER and got the Clozapine back in her system and the Vraylar out.She's still in CCU."

Cegswim April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I have major depression with psychotic features. Or at least that's what they say. Antidepressants never worked for me and had awful side effects. Antipsychotics worked better, but the older ones made me too sleepy, Abilify gave me ADD-like symptoms. Latuda was pretty good, no cognition-affecting side effects, but it did sometimes give me bouts of annoying nausea. I heard Vraylar was good at improving the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which were very similar to the effects of depression in me, so I wondered if Vraylar would work for me too. I've been on it for about a month now, just titrated up from 1.5 to 3 mg. I feel "brighter." More animated, more social. No side effects for me at all. I like it."

Stardustgazer April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "My son switched from Risperidone to Vraylar, and it was a terrific decision. He has no positive symptoms on 1.5 mg of the Vraylar, and he feels much more clear-minded and motivated than previously. He has been able to recommence his college classes and generally reclaim more of his true personality. Occasionally, he experiences akathisia, in which case he takes a day off of medication with no ill effects that we have seen. I give high praise to the scientists behind this medication. The fact that it works in selective and adaptive ways in regulating dopamine is a tremendous advantage. The Risperidone left my son feeling disabled, whereas the Vraylar has facilitated a positive and dramatic turnaround."

Jay11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "Paranoia significantly alleviated and mind activity controllable with medication"

Lunar_dollar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm not even up to the full dose on this medication and I feel great! Started 1.5 mg about a week ago going up to 3 mg tomorrow. My anxiety is gone and I haven't needed any Ativan. I'm happier and more up beat. It's so nice to feel like myself again after two years feeling a little off. The only thing was I experienced some nausea the first few days but I think it's going away."

MC64282 April 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my second post, I was waiting for my insurance to approve this med....been on samples starting at 1.5, then to 3mg, and now 4.5mg, other then a little bit of restlessness, I am tolerating this med quite well (after trying over 40 other meds) it has been 2 months since I began taking it, and at least some of the suicidal thoughts have dissipated...I will continue to take it, and work up to 6mg starting next month....but by far, one of the best Bipolar meds I have tried in over 9 years!"

Leeza1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this 2 weeks ago. I have mixed manic bipolar disorder. I was on latuda and Risperdal for 3 years. I finally got off of them after the doctor realized it was messing with me. On vraylar I noticed I sleep less like only 8 hours instead of 10-12. I also feel better I don't hear voices anymore and I felt good enough to cut and color my hair. 2 weeks ago that would've been out if the question. I've started exercising and I've noticed the side effect of restlessness. I hope it goes away! Overall this is a wonder drug!"

Camoprincess86 March 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "So far I have found this drug great. I've taken many anti depressants since I was 16 ( now 33) and just was diagnosed with bipolar. Feeling much more energy at times I don't know what to do so I workout"

Mags123 March 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Vraylar for 2 weeks now and have noticed a huge increase in my libido. No other side effects and I am definitely having less anxiety and much better impulse control! It almost feels like someone stepped into my mind and organized everything!"

BipolarAmy (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Best drug I have been on so far. Has no side effects that I have found. Doesn't make you feel sick or dizzy like other drugs have done for me."

awilliams13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "1) Have become very forgetful. 2) I daze out alot. 3) Hard breathing sometimes. 4) sleeplessness. 5) constantly have to be moving. 6) no real drive"

Famous James (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on Vraylar 3 weeks, and within the first 2-3 days noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level, and actually got out of the fetal position I usually lay in almost all day....although, there are only so many things I can actually do around my house and living alone, so a lot of built-up energy, that finds me pacing and wanting to call and talk to every person I know, (which doesn't work great, feeling like a bother to everyone) the depression went away within a few days of starting this med, but has since felt like it is returning, I am currently taking 3mg, and been waiting 5 days for my insurance to actually "Approve" that they will pay for it, in order for me to continue taking it at a 4.5mg dose, also a HUGE increase in appetite!"

Leeza1967 February 13, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this medication 3 days ago and I never get side effects for medication ever. This medication messed me up. From the first day I started getting headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting multiple times a day, I completely loss my appetite and the weird side effect I got is hiccups. I literally get hiccups 8-10 times a day. I'm stopping this medication cause it's not worth feeling like poop all day."

Weird hiccups side effect February 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Tonight is the first time I have taken Vraylar. It is 2/9/17. I plan to give this medicine a chance, and will keep others posted on how it is affecting me. I was very hesitant trying a new drug. My doctor is supplying me with 1.5mg samples. I do feel like a guinea pig because there doesn't seem to be very much feedback on Vraylar so far. I've been diagnosed for many years now as having Bipolar 2 and severe anxiety disorder. I do have a history or intense anger, manic episodes and sadness. Currently I am taking Xanax up to 3 times per day as needed for anxiety, Lamictal 200mg and Lorazepam 2mg at night. I also take 2 types of thyroid meds during the day. I am very hopeful that Vraylar will work, but really fear weight gain. This is post #1."

Twynlyn February 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication worked for me for about 3 weeks. I started on 1.5mg then my doctor increased it to 3mg. After the increased I had an upset stomach, my chest felt very heavy, and it was difficult for my to swallow and speak without gasping for air. My doctor wants me to go back down to 1.5mg I told my doctor I am taking myself off. Anything that bothers my breathing I can't tolerate."

Novrayler January 28, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Started taking Vraylar for bipolar depression after a huge miss with Latuda. Started at 1.5 mg and it worked quite well. Doctor upped dosage to 3 mg but a severe case of akathisia set in where I would force myself to sleep just to stop moving. It was dreadful. Went back down to 1.5 mg and it's been wonderful fighting the depression and seasonal affective disorder."

JackMag January 25, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Made my depression disappear with cost. I started having chest pains during exercise and having severe hallucinations. Could not drive and felt dissocaitive. Felt naseauted yet starving and yet had no will to eat. Gained 3 pounds in two days taking this drug. I also had trouble urinating and it was painful. Only took for a week before stopping at 3mg."

Ahc93 January 16, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "A couple of weeks after taking Vraylar I started noticing that (as having Bipolar 2) my moods weren't really changing. Finally, sometime near the third week, I started noticing that I was pacing, couldn't seem to concentrate on anything, and had a hard time simply sitting down. I realized that it was making me manic. I DO NOT AT ALL would want anyone else to take this if anyone notices these side effects. I am going to stop it immediately, I nearly had a breakdown. Could not stop crying. Also going to talk to my doctor about it, but I can't continue it. I wasn't even paying for it because I was taking a sampler, and my doctor was going to give me a voucher to see if my insurance would take it."

Chiyo January 7, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This has been the most effective medicine I have ever taken for my Schizoaffective Bipolar Type disorder, and I have tried seven different anti-psychotics prior to starting Vraylar. I was in a manic state when I took this medicine the first time, and shortly after the first dose the mania stopped completely. I am not experiencing any side effects whatsoever from Vraylar. This medicine has the efficacy of Clozaril, without all of the nasty side effects. I am truly grateful this medicine exists, without it I would have probably been hospitalized. Overall, I am extremely happy with this medication and I am so happy I finally found something that works for me."

ThePlantagenet January 7, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm happy to see that this drug has worked for some but it certainly did not work right for me. After the initial days getting it into my system I started crying for no reason multiple times a day. I figured I was just getting used to it and stuck with it through the dosage increase. The following day I basically cried all day and had suicidal thoughts that I just could not seem to get out of my head. My Dr had me stop taking it immediately and we performed a genomind DNA test to see which drugs would work for me. Vrylar showed up on the "High Risk" list along with a number of other anti-psychotics. Unfortunately my list of treatment options for Bipolar I is not very long."

Not for me personally January 2, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "Vraylar worked the very first time where it helped with increased motivation and willingness to attend drop-in centers. After 3-4 weeks, developed increasing akathisia that a new doctor pulled him out and gave him Seroquel - that was a horrific move! He slept 90% of the 2 days he was on. So after a few days, we brought him back to Vraylar on every other day basis. The results from the first trial was not the same the 2nd time around. He's back on it now everyday, and his restlessness is progressively getting worse and his akathisia is bad. So we don't know if it's because of the Seroquel break that took away the efficacy or that it lost it's magic - we don't know. All we know is that my son is very restless and now very unhappy."

crushedmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Vraylar for almost two weeks now and I don't seem to notice a difference. I do have hopes, as my doctor thinks I need to stick with it but I've been having severe mixed episodes since right before I started taking it (I'm not blaming this on the medicine but I want something to work quickly and it's not for me). I have been feeling restless but extremely tired. Like I'll go out to do a bunch of errands because I can't sit still but then drive right back home once I'm out because I'm so exhausted. I went from taking it at night, do the day, to back at night because it was making me tired. Also, severe blurred vision which I heard will go away. Very expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "It seems now to not be working as well with my depression as it did 2 1/2 months ago. My psych upped the dose from 3 mg. to 6 about 8 days ago and I still feel depressed. Has anyone else experienced Vraylar pooping out on them?"

Catzzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Terrible experience on vraylar, upset stomach, insomnia, felt like the flu upon stopping, would not take again. Glad I stopped after 5 days easier to detox. Had almost the same experience on saphris , which caused hairloss as well and rough detoxing."

cookie 1234 December 7, 2016