User Reviews for Vraylar

Bipolar Disorder
6.4

Summary of Vraylar reviews 6.7 117 reviews

Reviews for Vraylar

For Schizophrenia "I believe Vraylar has saved my life. However, I take the following medications as well. Zoloft, Seraquel, Lithium, Atavain, Restoril, and Ritilan. My biggest complaint is emotional numbness. Don't get me wrong, it's better then crying constantly and having severe paranoia but it's a hard way to live. I cannot feel emotions. There's a numbness, I CANNOT cry, it's like I'm detached from my own brain. With that said, I still feel the upside out ways the downside as I am still breathing."

JTW June 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I just started Vraylar 6 days ago for bipolar 2 disorder. I have tried probably 6 different medications over the past few years which I discontinued due to lack of effectiveness or side effects. I was at an all time low mood wise. Crying for no reason, loss of hope and in deep despair. My psychiatrist recommended starting Vrylar. I noticed an immediate improvement in my mood and energy level within 2 days of starting it at 1.5 mg/day. But I have noticed, it is progressively making me more anxious and activated feeling. It has also caused me to have extreme insomnia. I also take clonazepam 0.5-1mg and Seroquel 150mg at bedtime. I am going to change to every other day dosing and see if that helps with the insomnia. I am sticking with this medication and am hopeful that this medication will help get me and keep me out of this awful fog of depression and anxiety that I’ve been in for the past few years."

AJ63 June 6, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Vraylar for schizophrenia since Sep 2017. I have had no negative side effects apart from a bit of drowsiness here and there. No akathisia as well. I would definitely recommend this med."

Kris (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking vraylar for 5 days now, I have absolutely no side affects yet and I wake up happy full of energy. Before I was so tired and empty so far I have no complaints. I will keep taking it."

Darci (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have mixed feelings about Vraylar, while it is working wonderfully for my swings (haven't had any in months! I was rapid cycle). The only fault of this drug is it causes me to binge eat at night, never had this issue before starting Vraylar. Other than that, amazing drug! I take 3mg in the morning."

Rombek (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Been taking for one month. Energy is back, sleeping well. The only thing I have notice is a few stomach issues but hoping those will pass. Small price to pay for having my life back."

Myhealth123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "For the last 25 years all I've heard was that there is no magic pill but just after a week I feel like I've found it. I've had manic, depressed, mixed agitated anxiety for longer than I can remember trying every med on the market also. Just after an hour I got results, CALM!!!! I feel like I'm a different person. Did have a numbing head, hot flashes, nausea but they have gotten better every day. I'm on 1.5 in the am and 1.5 in the pm. I finally feel what hope is like!"

Mom of Three (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I've only been on Vraylar two weeks and it's returned me to better cognition and a positive mood. The only side effects I've experienced are a little trouble staying asleep for long and an insatiable appetite. I gained 8 lbs in a month (but I was in hospital at the time and ate a lot of their food because it's better food than I get at home). I still have voices but my delusional symptoms have been greatly attenuated."

Haelan (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

"I'm on the fence with this medication. I was prescribed this for treatment resistant depression. Today is day ten. While it seems to be helping the depression, the side effects are almost too much. Weight loss/appetite suppression has been nice, but the shakiness, heartburn, nausea, cramping, bloating, increased insomnia and (probably the worst) blurry vision. I keep hoping that it will go away, but so far..."

DepressedNurse (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "On night 3 of either 5 or 10mg. Is now 2am. Took vraylar at 9pm. I'm wide awake, mind racing. Was prescribed to reduce mania. Not effective in that regard"

TLK (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "After just six weeks on this medication, my husband of twenty years committed suicide I knew the medication was bad but his doctor would not listen. In my opinion: This medicine is bad for the brain."

Widow (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started at 1.5 mg after coming off of 50mg of Zoloft. Since starting Vralyar, I've felt wonderful. I was like a roller coaster with ups and downs. I still have ups and downs, but they're less severe and less common. I have been a bit restless, and I've started sleep talking which may or may not be related. I feel amazing now."

Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was up on this medication in September. I was 180 pounds. After 6 months, I put on 50 pounds. This medication worked great for my bipolar disorder. But the weight gain took a very big toll on my mental health and depression. I just went off and started a new medication in hopes to losing some of this weight I put on. It also made me EXTREMELY tired. I'm on 30mg Adderall and come home from work every day to take a nap."

Shannon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Vraylar for 27 days. This medication has been life changing for me in a very positive way. I have Schizoaffective Disorder but I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 for about 40 years before this new diagnosis. Vraylar has really helped me quit hallucinating and my delusions are gone. I am no longer paranoid and my mood swings went from really high and really low to a new more stable middle ground. I have had some nausea, and muscle tightness, but really, very few side effects! It's so amazing to just be me again!"

Shell (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was placed on this after failing Abilify. In hopes that it would manage hallucinations and paranoia and any mania I would have, my doc insisted I try it even though I was feeling drowsy on the low dose of 1.5mg. Cranked it up to 3mg when my voices and paranoia continued and my depression worsened, which was later made to 4.5mg when the 3mg failed. That landed me in the ER, where I experienced incredible amounts of nausea and vomiting, pounding headache and hallucinations, as well as a general feeling of malaise and confusion. So, not the drug for me at all. HOWEVER - I’ve watched a friend blossom while taking this medication, so while it may not be for everyone (including me), it may work well for others. It’s a pricy drug, so be sure to get the savings card from your doc!"

Sunguppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed Bipolar at 17, I am now 45 and have tried every drug out there. Vraylar has been a miracle drug for me! I have been on it for two weeks. Fast acting and I am normal again doing normal things I haven't been able to do in a long time. It is hard to sleep and feel restless having to pace some times but hoping it passes because I haven't felt this good in a long time. My daughter told my son "look mom is normal!" What a great feeling!"

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Works great, no longer hearing voices after 30 years of trying many other prescription medications and participated in numerous studies previously."

Sister's caregiver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Going to try it monday."

REDROCK March 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug made me completely unsociable, unmotivated, and sleepy. I had difficulty carrying a conversation. I was dizzy and lethargic for most of the day."

Rotz (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Vraylar for a few months at different doses, trying to balance side effects and benefits of the drug. I often feel restless—I can't stop moving my legs—but extremely drowsy, an odd combination. Beyond that, my bipolar disorder is managed fairly well with fewer episodes of depression."

Mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar is an effective mood stabilizer. Initially had nausea that subsided. Then I had the insomnia and occasionally mild akathisia. I recently added trazodone for insomnia and anxiety, and it seems to be a great combination. Dx: bipolar 2 and GAD. Good luck on your search!"

Dice33 March 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Vraylar for about a year now. At first it made my skin feel like bugs were crawling in it but one that went away. The only other side effect was weight gain. This medication has helped with my moods tremendously though. I feel like I can be a good mommy again to my kids."

Mommy again (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I could only handle this med for a little over a week. I did notice a lessening of my anger due to bipolar, but the akathasia was out of this world. Under no circumstances was I able to sit still, which of course made my anxiety that much worse. Ended up going to the ER middle of one night because I officially felt like I was losing my mind. The Dr gave me a high dose of Zyprexa to calm me down and told me no more Vraylar. That was a week ago, and it STILL has not completely subsided."

BBP007 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed this over a year ago, before I was diagnosed with bi Polar depression. I was barely able to take this drug for 5 days, I was sleeping a lot and not eating I was awake around 5-7 hours a day. The time that I was awake I had trouble sitting and focusing on something, I was restless and felt like I needed to get up and walk. I missed work because of sleep but when I did go I got comments like “you look like a zombie” and “are you okay?” I ended up having to quit. Once off the medicine the symptoms like the sleeping and focus never resolved along with being stuck In Depression for over a year that weirdly started when I was taking the medicine. Now it could totally be my depression that kicked in and took over but all my problems just quickly followed the first time I took it and I’ve never been in depression no where near this long. I’m not saying it couldn’t help people tremendously but this was my experience so take with caution"

Eli Glaser February 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed Vraylar for treatment resistant depression. I developed extreme akathisia and it was so miserable. I had to leave work it was so bad. Maybe if I was able to begin with a lower dose I would have tolerated the medicine better. However, it is currently only available in capsule form so was not able to break it in half at its lowest dose 1.5 mg."

VickyEE (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018