User Reviews for Vraylar

Bipolar Disorder
6.2

Summary of Vraylar reviews 6.3 188 reviews

Reviews for Vraylar

For Bipolar Disorder "I started on VRAYLAR 1.5mg and took samples for about 2 months. I felt great on it, like I never had before on any other meds. But....the side effect that I can’t shake is the drowsiness and “fog” that started almost immediately. I didn’t want to quit because I felt better in every other way. I quit 2 days ago and I feel extremely less tired. I am going to have to find another medicine. I wouldn’t be able to afford it anyway!"

Yearsofsuffering (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 4 years ago. It took years of trial & error to find the right combination of meds that helped. Along with other meds, I took Abilify for 4 years & gained 60 lbs. It didn't seem to be doing much. It always felt like I still wasn't feeling AS mentally balanced as I COULD be feeling. I also had akathesia on Abilify. Now, I switched to Vraylar 1.5 mg (THANKFULLY my psychiatrist had samples to give me since the price of the med is crazy). I've been taking it for 3 weeks & it's already changed my life - no exaggeration! I feel recharged & have the energy to do simple tasks & to LIVE my life to the fullest & actually be positive for once. I actually feel like my mood is BALANCED for the first time in years! Only side effect I've had is that I keep making weird tongue movements & curl my tongue under the roof of my mouth without realizing I'm doing it. But w/ the improvements I've made since switching from Abilify to Vraylar, it's a small price to pay!"

sloane (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My psych doctor started me on this and at first, nothing happened at the 1.5 dose. Once he increased it to 3 mg- everything went south. I started hallucinating and not sleeping. It exasperated my bipolar problems. Needless to say, I am no longer on it."

Draagonsfire (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor switched my bi-polar medication from Seroquel, which I believe to be helpful, over to Vraylar. I was nervous in the beginning, Seroquel worked very well for me and I was afraid of going back to the symptoms. I was overjoyed with Vraylar. It helps me so much more than the Seroquel ever did. My family and friends noticed the difference within a few weeks."

Sadie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Works so so for me but at least it helps my depression and anxiety. I noticed that it does cause some confusion at times was told by several drs that I was normal so kind of annoyed about one drs diagnosis. Anyway I don't like really any med but my overall rating for this one is 4 out of ten for me."

Jimmy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Started on Vraylar 1.5mg for 3 weeks, mild side effects...went up to 3mg and the insomnia and restlessness and agitation was horrible. I made in 5 days and then saw doc. I have Bipolar I and she suggested I go back down to 1.5 and added 5mg of abilify. My body was sore for the first few days, but starting to feel good again and taking the abilify at bedtime helps with sleep."

Jennifer (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Diagnosed with bipolar 18 years ago. Tried different meds including Effexor, Paxil, Celexa, Abilify, etc., only made things worse. I ended up with Xanax but it made me sleepy so I take it at night. Bi polar and anxiety keeps me from concentrating, makes life rough, depression comes and goes, very angry. Seeked counseling, helps some, but not physiologically. Told my Dr about issues, they say Vraylar. Been on Xanax for 7 years now and was sceptical to try another drug. But I did, and am grateful. Total life changer. I did have an upset stomach the first day or two, but after that, no upset just great mood, no anger, anxiety or depression. Take 1.5 mg every other day and still feel great on second day, so that seems to be sufficient. Also continue the Xanax for sleep. I wake up refreshed and feel like I've gotten better sleep. I concentrate at work, have a ton of energy, don't eat all day like before and things that triggered my anger no longer affect me like before."

Normal human being May 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve been on Vraylar for a little over 3 months for bipolar. My side effects are I’ve had such bad dizziness I fainted on my kitchen floor and split open my face in 2 places. I’m having super dark thoughts, afraid to leave the house, I only feel good when I’m sleeping during the day at night it wakes me up throughout the night or I'm just wide awake all night, and I gained weight. I went back and forth taking it in the am and bedtime to see which was good but neither were. I’m just going to get off it the 1.5 mg Vraylar, 80mg Cymbalta (that is my happy pill❤️), 50mg Vyvance"

Scarred for life (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar helps my mood and mental health but it also makes me stupid. It makes it hard to recall the day before as if I am living one day at a time and the future or past doesn't click. This occurred at 3 mg and I reduced to 1.5 to see if it makes a difference if not I will just stick to Lamictal."

xanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve been on vraylar 3mg about 2 weeks it’s too early to tell if it’s going to work for my rapid cycling disorder but I have hope that it will. I was prescribed this after several incidents of dizziness and passing out on SSRI’s. So far I haven’t had any bad reactions to it just some annoying back pain at night that ibuprofen seems to help."

Huntersmom99 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2019

"I was prescribed 1.5 mg Vraylar to take once every 3 days for treatment resistant depression. My doctor told me that Vraylar was "weight neutral" but I gained 50 pounds in 1 year and had an increased appetite. Now I've stopped taking Vraylar for the past 2 weeks and have not noticed any withdrawal symptoms besides frequent diarrhea. My doctor said that it will take 6 weeks from stopping Vraylar to see if the depression worsens again."

Fat and Depressed (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2019

For Schizophrenia "Vraylar literally helped me to turn my whole life around. I have been on it for 2 years now. It was a rough adjustment, to say the least. However, after finally getting on the right dosage (4.5 mg) and addressing the insomnia it caused (with 400mg Seraquel), I am on top of the world. I was always high-functioning, but never able to fully recover for the duration of the time I was on Zyprexa and Haldol. I have fully recovered! I am now on track to finish my degree. I won’t elaborate with my restrained euphoria and uncharacteristically un-paranoid and sane outlook on life and this drug. I wish everyone had this experience with VRAYLAR. Best to all."

CrazyCT (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I take 100 mg Zoloft for depression. I also have anxiety disorder. My depression was getting worse so doc put me on Vraylar 1.5 mg which I take it in the morning, now I feel fantastic! No side effects at all - praise Jesus! I'm disabled and on Medicare so I'm going to have to get samples from the Dr long term as there is no way I can afford it. I've been on it for almost 2 weeks."

Joonbugg (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have bipolar 2 and took this to treat mixed features during hypomanic episodes. At 1.5mg it helped to reduce but not eliminate the hypomania and mixed features. At 3mg it gave me horrible akathisia. Now I'm trying to get it refilled but the coupon my doc gave me isn't working with the pharmacy (4 trips and over an hour wasted). I've been 2 days without the med and I'm experiencing intense anxiety due to withdrawals. I am going to refuse to continue taking this med and demand something else. I'd rather be hypomanic than down $240."

CORRIN (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking Vraylar 1.5 mg at bedtime almost 2 weeks ago in conjunction with my other bipolar meds. I had been on Rexulti previously but after rapid weight gain on it and sudden mood changes, my pDoc switched me to Vraylar. She told me to take it daily for two weeks as it would build up in my system and then to only take it 3x a week to prevent the high likelihood of unbearable restlessness occurring. I'm almost ready to drop down to 3x a week, although I'm worried that will make it less effective for me. It has been a godsend! I'm singing in the car again, I'm laughing with my family again, I'm taking joy in my children again and doing all of the things I love with them again. It's like a miracle. I don't feel overly high or like I'm getting manic, I just feel like my normal self used to and it feels great. I'm easy going again, I feel joy again. It's amazing, I would highly recommend Vraylar."

Ambi (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I was on 1.5mg for 4 weeks. I had headaches, nausea and was so tired I was bedridden. This new wonder drug is not so wonderful. I have gone back on my old medicine."

Bm77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar gave me the worst akathisia in my life. At one point I was so restless and anxious that I left work (without telling my boss) and drove straight to the hospital. I really thought I was going to die. I was having uncontrollable jerking movements while taking this stuff. Everyone reacts differently to meds, so maybe this med just isn’t for me. I ended up going back to Seroquel XR- I’ll take sedation any day over that horrible feeling Vraylar gave me."

DayJellaz (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "After being hospitalized twice with my bipolar and after trying ten different meds vraylar saved my life. From the age of only 16 bipolar disorder had ruined my life due to both mania and depression but now with vraylar I am finally stable and get to live life"

young (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on vraylar going on two months now my moods any everything have never been better. I definitely recommend this drug"

Mzachary (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor went on and on about this miracle drug and how it would change my life. I should've smelt the science experiment when she happened to mention I would be the first person to take it in her practice I had extreme insomnia - lucky if I had an hour of straight sleep, sleep medications wouldn't work. Restless, I had to go, go, go. I was shaking all of the time and my anxiety was through the roof. I had multiple panic attacks at work wherein I had to leave (this has never happened even on my worse day) Upside the visual/auditory hallucinations stopped as well as the delusions and I felt like everything was hunky dory emotionally wise but that was due to the mania it all but catapulted me into. Doctor pretty much refused to change my medications even after only having taken it for a month with all of these horrible side effects. I realised I would have to do it and never went back. I will never touch Vraylar again."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

"Not sure what to think yet. I’ve been bounced around on various meds trying to find the right one. I was put on Vraylar for depression since none of the SSRIs have worked. I have had a lot of nausea, dizziness and what I would consider hot flashes. I take mine in the am. And it doesn’t seem to cause much drowsiness. I'm also taking Lamictal with the Vraylar. I’m hoping things will get better. Because I want to feel better!"

Kiki (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My husband took this medication for 3 days. Each day became progressively worse. He was getting more agitated, huge appetite increase, restless and anxious by the day. Not to mention the minimal to no sleep he was getting. I was surprised to see the side effects appear so quickly, but I am glad. We are now on day 4 off the medication. I'm hopeful he will be getting back to baseline soon. With detox he has brain saps, interrupted sleep, restlessness and anxiety. Last night was better than any night in the past week. Given the side effects and length of time the med stays in your system I am glad we stopped the med after 3doses"

Carebear (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I gained 67 pounds over the course of 10 months at 4.5 mg--just beware of weight gain"

Missy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my second day taking 1.5mgs & so far, so good. I'm feeling levelled"

Poetguy (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I would really pay attention to the side affects while taking this med. I developed blisters on my scalp and was diagnosed with shingles but the blisters never went away one day I came across the printout of side affects and for some reason read them and blisters are a serious reaction. I have not taken it for a few days now and I have no new blisters pretty scary it really reminds me though that we need to pay attention to our health symptoms and meds side effects. These drs have too many patients to keep up with everything we are on etc."

guyshannon1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019