User Reviews for Vraylar

Learn more about Vraylar.

Schizophrenia 14 reviews 42 medications

7.9
Bipolar Disorder 60 reviews 28 medications

6.4
Summary of Vraylar reviews 74 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Vraylar

For Schizophrenia "So this stuff works but beware if you have sleeping issues promise you it will only make it worse . And if you decided to stop taking this meds please I beg u go the doc so they can help lower your doeses bit by bit safely."

Roseee July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Saphris and this is by far the best medication I've been on. I did have a good experience with Seroquel until I got sick, but I would sleep through a hurricane which was bad for my work. I went two years after I got sick not feeling like myself. TWO YEARS. No real joy, no passion, no libido, nothing. Also my anxiety was out of control and I was beginning to use a lot of Ativan. Then, my psychiatrist was unavailable so I saw his PA and he put me on Vraylar. I don't know if this is even possible but I swear I began to feel better in a matter of days. It was incredible. My anxiety was the first symptom I noticed began to improve, then I started to notice the "pep in my step" improve. I'm happy again!"

MC4Vraylar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This was the worst drug I've ever been put on in my entire life. It literally ruined me for months. I couldn't see colors the same, I could hardly read or look at a computer screen. I was so restless and tired all at the same time I feel useless. My body always felt tired and I was so irritated that if anyone even put their hand on me it would bug me out and hurt my skin. When I finally got off, I lost my vision completely for four days and ended up in the emergency room. Literally all I could see were shapes. It was a horrifying and traumatic experience that scared me from ever going on pharmaceuticals ever again despite how bad my bipolar disorder is. Absolutely the worst medication I've ever been and I'm mad I trusted my doctor"

Mgggg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This has been a miracle drug for me. It's evened out my severe mood swings. I have some side effects including weight gain, back ache, pursing my lips and heartburn, but I'm staying on it because I'm starting to feel so "normal"."

zolar June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar saved my life. I was diagnosed bipolar in my early 20's. I went through a 5 year stint of hard drugs nearly killing myself. After getting sober in 2010, I took Depacot (made me gain a ton of weight) Lithium ( gave me intense tremors and I was always thirsty). So, I decided to go off meds. Relapsed on alcohol. Found myself in the hospital within a month for trying to commit suicide. I went to a partial hospitalization program where the psych Dr prescribed me Vraylar. I swear within 3 days, I was a new person. I had tons of energy, I was happy, and it's only been a week I am still only on the 1.5 dose. I am so thankful for this drug. I am usually extremely sensitive to psych meds and have experience no side affects."

Penguin143 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Vraylar for probably 4 or 5 months now. It has been great. At first I didn't think it helped, then we doubled my dose from 3 mg to 6 mg and it started to work. It keeps my mixed episodes at bay, which are always the ones that get me hospitalized. Any drug that will keep me out of the hospital is a miracle drug for me. Also, I have gained no weight on it (I've actually lost 7 lbs) despite the studies showing quick weight gain. Overall, I'd say give Vraylar a shot if your doctor recommends it. There are very few side effects compared to the other atypicals I've been on, and I've been on quite a few. Also, go to Vraylar's website and get the coupon called Vraypay. It reduced my copay to just $15!"

MD1 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My husband has been on it for 3 months and he's himself again . I am glad we finally found something that works ."

Glad to be me zee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have lost 30 lbs in four months. I am starting school and feel the best I have felt in 10 years. It has been life changing to me I am on Vraylar 3 mg."

Rennae (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking Vraylar for schizophrenia for over 6 months. It has been the best anti-psychotic to date for me. The only downside is I still experience weight gain. I'm looking to continue this drug until a better one comes out. I've been stabilized and happy for the first time since my illness started 6 years ago."

TheBiz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I have been using lamictal for years. Recently my Dr added vraylar and I won't lie the first couple days were horrible!!! I got so sick but I pushed through and the results have been amazing and I've had only taken it a week. I am diabetic and haven't had high blood sugar, no wait gain although I was sooo hungry the for the first couple days. If you can push through the side effects I highly recommend this medicine. I feel alive again I have energy and just look forward to life. Also the voices and visions have stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Have had a great experience with vraylar. Went from oversleeping on a regular basis (on risperidone) to sleeping a healthy 8-10 hours. Feel sharper, more social, and generally in a better mood. Unfortunately have been dealing with insomnia and on and off nausea. It's been two weeks since starting. Overall the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm hoping the side effects subside over time. Give it a shot."

mustangman224 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "After 12 years of various medications to treat my Bipolar I I have finally found true stability and my new normal. No more mood swings no more panic attacks-literally gone. All I take is 3mg of vraylar now after years of being on 3, 4 sometimes 5 meds. This is truly a miracle drug for me. I am on such an even keel I had no idea I could ever live like this. So grateful."

DietzT May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug was a nightmare for me. I have Mood Regulation Disorde. I was totally anxiety ridden one minute and hiding in my closet crying the next. Tired as heck one minute then hyper and crazy the next. I have never had mood swings this severe in my life. This medication also gave me tons of other physical symptoms such as high blood pressure, nausea, and a general feeling of being happy and sad at the same time. I've tried a ton of meds, and this is the worst one to date. Also, it should be noted, if your sensitive to weight gain, the trials on the drug did show 1-2 lbs gained in 3 weeks. So you might want to watch out for that."

Alice 123456 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication works for me. I can get housework done, mow the grass, and just push myself to do things now. Sometimes I can't sit still. Side effects were sore muscles and nauseous which went away after a few days. Depression is gone. Only thing is it makes me nervous a little bit and on edge so I take something else for that."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has been a life changer for me. No weight gain. Side effects for the first week or so. I did become dependent on it and become crazy after missing a few doses of it. It is absolutely perfect for MIXED episodes. It is the best medication I have found so far. I have been taking for about two months I believe."

rachel7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My sister had been on clozapine for 11 years! She was doing great; showering on her own, changing her own clothes (for those that know people with schizophrenia then you these are major tasks in of themselves) she was even volunteering, working out and DRIVING! Just last week her doctor, whom we have grown to love and depend on, told her about Vraylar.Of course SHE wanted to try it.Sure she still had the voices in her head but they were quieter and she could always tell the difference between her world and reality. After 3 days on Vraylar she went full blown maniac! Throwing things,yelling at us in tongues ,hitting and kicking us. We finally got her to the ER and got the Clozapine back in her system and the Vraylar out.She's still in CCU."

Cegswim April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I have major depression with psychotic features. Or at least that's what they say. Antidepressants never worked for me and had awful side effects. Antipsychotics worked better, but the older ones made me too sleepy, Abilify gave me ADD-like symptoms. Latuda was pretty good, no cognition-affecting side effects, but it did sometimes give me bouts of annoying nausea. I heard Vraylar was good at improving the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which were very similar to the effects of depression in me, so I wondered if Vraylar would work for me too. I've been on it for about a month now, just titrated up from 1.5 to 3 mg. I feel "brighter." More animated, more social. No side effects for me at all. I like it."

Stardustgazer April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My son switched from Risperidone to Vraylar, and it was a terrific decision. He has no positive symptoms on 1.5 mg of the Vraylar, and he feels much more clear-minded and motivated than previously. He has been able to recommence his college classes and generally reclaim more of his true personality. Occasionally, he experiences akathisia, in which case he takes a day off of medication with no ill effects that we have seen. I give high praise to the scientists behind this medication. The fact that it works in selective and adaptive ways in regulating dopamine is a tremendous advantage. The Risperidone left my son feeling disabled, whereas the Vraylar has facilitated a positive and dramatic turnaround."

Jay11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Paranoia significantly alleviated and mind activity controllable with medication"

Lunar_dollar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm not even up to the full dose on this medication and I feel great! Started 1.5 mg about a week ago going up to 3 mg tomorrow. My anxiety is gone and I haven't needed any Ativan. I'm happier and more up beat. It's so nice to feel like myself again after two years feeling a little off. The only thing was I experienced some nausea the first few days but I think it's going away."

MC64282 April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my second post, I was waiting for my insurance to approve this med....been on samples starting at 1.5, then to 3mg, and now 4.5mg, other then a little bit of restlessness, I am tolerating this med quite well (after trying over 40 other meds) it has been 2 months since I began taking it, and at least some of the suicidal thoughts have dissipated...I will continue to take it, and work up to 6mg starting next month....but by far, one of the best Bipolar meds I have tried in over 9 years!"

Leeza1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this 2 weeks ago. I have mixed manic bipolar disorder. I was on latuda and Risperdal for 3 years. I finally got off of them after the doctor realized it was messing with me. On vraylar I noticed I sleep less like only 8 hours instead of 10-12. I also feel better I don't hear voices anymore and I felt good enough to cut and color my hair. 2 weeks ago that would've been out if the question. I've started exercising and I've noticed the side effect of restlessness. I hope it goes away! Overall this is a wonder drug!"

Camoprincess86 March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "So far I have found this drug great. I've taken many anti depressants since I was 16 ( now 33) and just was diagnosed with bipolar. Feeling much more energy at times I don't know what to do so I workout"

Mags123 March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Vraylar for 2 weeks now and have noticed a huge increase in my libido. No other side effects and I am definitely having less anxiety and much better impulse control! It almost feels like someone stepped into my mind and organized everything!"

BipolarAmy (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Best drug I have been on so far. Has no side effects that I have found. Doesn't make you feel sick or dizzy like other drugs have done for me."

awilliams13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017