User Reviews for Vraylar

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vraylar.

Schizophrenia
7.9

Bipolar Disorder
6.4

Summary of Vraylar reviews 7.2 85 reviews

Reviews for Vraylar

For Bipolar Disorder "What a wonderful drug vraylar is. I feel normal again and am having no side effects."

Keenly (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on vraylar a year now and it's by far the best medication I have been on. I did have restlessness at first but I have lost over 50#'s since being on it. I feel like I got my life back."

Kountreegirl99 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar II three and a half years ago. I have been on so many medications with not much luck. Lithium works fairly well to manage my mania. My deep depression has not been able to be managed. I have been on Vraylar for over 3 weeks and still feel unmotivated, depressed and don’t know how to fill my whole day. I had the nausea and restlessness. I take a medicine for the restlessness that seems to be working. I am just praying that this drug needs to just build up in my body. I need relief really soon. Going through life without happiness is so very very bleak. I am using the coupon and paying $15.00. I take 1.5 mg in the morning. This is my second time trying Vraylar and staying at the lower dose. 3mg caused my legs to give out."

Kristinebp11 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking vraylar for about 4 months now and so far it has been the best drug I have been on with the least side effects. For the first couple of months I didn't have any at all and then I started to get my motivation back and along with that came restlessness and sleeping difficulty. That seems to be getting better as my body gets more used to the drug. My anxiety is manageable, my moods seem to be pretty stable and my depression is starting to really lift. Because of the very long half life of vraylar I've read that it can take longer than other drugs to work and to just be patient, that was easy for me seeing as there weren't many side effects. It took me years to find something to work but I'm so glad I didn't give up."

Weathers5839272 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "25 year old female with type II bipolar, coupled with ADHD, social anxiety, and hypothyroidism. I was on vraylar for a month last year, and my experience was so bad that I switched psychiatrists. I saw no improvements to my mood swings (primarily depressive), and gained 17 pounds in the span of that month. If you have a slow metabolism or thyroid condition, I highly recommend you stay away from this medication."

bipolar2ADHD (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Hi it been 3 weeks that I been in vraylar 1.5 . At the first 2 weeks I was feeling like fast palpitations or panic attack. Dr give m also clonazepam for my panic attacks which I used for 3 days and now I just taking the vrylar1.5 and my depression is gone and my panic attach also. Feel very happy with this medicine. I been diagnostic with bipolar#1 for about 29 years and this medicine for m work great!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on this for one week taking this after supper and before bed . My bipolar mania has been a daily struggle for years this is the first medication anyone has had me tired. For the first week I was on 1.5 mg and now I am on 3 mg. But I'm getting really bad panic attacks ( had 15 in one day before) . Other than that it works great mood outbursts . But still unsure what to do for the panic attacks ! Not to mention it's been two weeks and my Vermont state insurance still hasn't denied or approved the prior authorization been using samples my doctor have me to first try !!! Any suggestions ???"

Insanetrainwreck (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Vraylar 3mg for one week now. I am an ultra rapid cycling BP 1 with severe OCD and other issues. I rejected depakote due to my epileptic sister's weight gain so my doc decided to try me on Vraylar. I was supposed to have 1.5mg for one week before stepping up to 3mg. Unfortunately, I was in a bad place when I was there and left the samples behind. After my pharmacy called to have my Dr call the insurance company to verify it was medically necessary (oh boy, I AM a nutter butter) it was then ordered (only person in town on it? Oh goody.) and I took the first dose at bedtime. 6 hours later I felt like I had the worst tequila hangover ever. Fast forward one week and I am actually trying out the "feeling normal" thing I heard of."

Nutter Butter (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried everything and anything for my bipolar. This has been like a miracle that has brought me back to living life like a normal person. Out of the depths of despair and the highs of mania."

Sarahbc (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried just about every medicine for bipolar I that is known to man, and none have been effective for me. Was keeping my fingers crossed that Vraylar would be the one that would offer some relief but it proved to be yet another dud. I took this medicine at 2:00 p.m. and at 4:00 p.m. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. I then proceeded to sleep for 24 hours, waking up only once or twice for about 5 minutes to go to the bathroom! When I finally did wake-up the next afternoon I was extremely sedated and I had the typical zombified feeling that comes along with taking an anti-psychotic. Not to mention, I was on the lowest dose of 1.5 mg. I would hate to see what 3 or 6 mg would have done to me."

Socrates23 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Most recent diagnosis is bipolar 1. I've been better since starting trileptal about 6 months ago. Doc suggested added Vraylar. Big mistake as one 1.5 ml dose made me hyperglycemic, jittery, sweaty, nauseous. I fell when my muscles sort of locked up and was physically unable to speak or move for several minutes. Helpless, awful feeling. I ain't taking a second dose of this stuff."

DrBuck July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "So this stuff works but beware if you have sleeping issues promise you it will only make it worse . And if you decided to stop taking this meds please I beg u go the doc so they can help lower your doeses bit by bit safely."

Roseee July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Saphris and this is by far the best medication I've been on. I did have a good experience with Seroquel until I got sick, but I would sleep through a hurricane which was bad for my work. I went two years after I got sick not feeling like myself. TWO YEARS. No real joy, no passion, no libido, nothing. Also my anxiety was out of control and I was beginning to use a lot of Ativan. Then, my psychiatrist was unavailable so I saw his PA and he put me on Vraylar. I don't know if this is even possible but I swear I began to feel better in a matter of days. It was incredible. My anxiety was the first symptom I noticed began to improve, then I started to notice the "pep in my step" improve. I'm happy again!"

MC4Vraylar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This was the worst drug I've ever been put on in my entire life. It literally ruined me for months. I couldn't see colors the same, I could hardly read or look at a computer screen. I was so restless and tired all at the same time I feel useless. My body always felt tired and I was so irritated that if anyone even put their hand on me it would bug me out and hurt my skin. When I finally got off, I lost my vision completely for four days and ended up in the emergency room. Literally all I could see were shapes. It was a horrifying and traumatic experience that scared me from ever going on pharmaceuticals ever again despite how bad my bipolar disorder is. Absolutely the worst medication I've ever been and I'm mad I trusted my doctor"

Mgggg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This has been a miracle drug for me. It's evened out my severe mood swings. I have some side effects including weight gain, back ache, pursing my lips and heartburn, but I'm staying on it because I'm starting to feel so "normal"."

zolar June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar saved my life. I was diagnosed bipolar in my early 20's. I went through a 5 year stint of hard drugs nearly killing myself. After getting sober in 2010, I took Depacot (made me gain a ton of weight) Lithium ( gave me intense tremors and I was always thirsty). So, I decided to go off meds. Relapsed on alcohol. Found myself in the hospital within a month for trying to commit suicide. I went to a partial hospitalization program where the psych Dr prescribed me Vraylar. I swear within 3 days, I was a new person. I had tons of energy, I was happy, and it's only been a week I am still only on the 1.5 dose. I am so thankful for this drug. I am usually extremely sensitive to psych meds and have experience no side affects."

Penguin143 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Vraylar for probably 4 or 5 months now. It has been great. At first I didn't think it helped, then we doubled my dose from 3 mg to 6 mg and it started to work. It keeps my mixed episodes at bay, which are always the ones that get me hospitalized. Any drug that will keep me out of the hospital is a miracle drug for me. Also, I have gained no weight on it (I've actually lost 7 lbs) despite the studies showing quick weight gain. Overall, I'd say give Vraylar a shot if your doctor recommends it. There are very few side effects compared to the other atypicals I've been on, and I've been on quite a few. Also, go to Vraylar's website and get the coupon called Vraypay. It reduced my copay to just $15!"

MD1 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My husband has been on it for 3 months and he's himself again . I am glad we finally found something that works ."

Glad to be me zee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have lost 30 lbs in four months. I am starting school and feel the best I have felt in 10 years. It has been life changing to me I am on Vraylar 3 mg."

Rennae (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking Vraylar for schizophrenia for over 6 months. It has been the best anti-psychotic to date for me. The only downside is I still experience weight gain. I'm looking to continue this drug until a better one comes out. I've been stabilized and happy for the first time since my illness started 6 years ago."

TheBiz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I have been using lamictal for years. Recently my Dr added vraylar and I won't lie the first couple days were horrible!!! I got so sick but I pushed through and the results have been amazing and I've had only taken it a week. I am diabetic and haven't had high blood sugar, no wait gain although I was sooo hungry the for the first couple days. If you can push through the side effects I highly recommend this medicine. I feel alive again I have energy and just look forward to life. Also the voices and visions have stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Have had a great experience with vraylar. Went from oversleeping on a regular basis (on risperidone) to sleeping a healthy 8-10 hours. Feel sharper, more social, and generally in a better mood. Unfortunately have been dealing with insomnia and on and off nausea. It's been two weeks since starting. Overall the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm hoping the side effects subside over time. Give it a shot."

mustangman224 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "After 12 years of various medications to treat my Bipolar I I have finally found true stability and my new normal. No more mood swings no more panic attacks-literally gone. All I take is 3mg of vraylar now after years of being on 3, 4 sometimes 5 meds. This is truly a miracle drug for me. I am on such an even keel I had no idea I could ever live like this. So grateful."

DietzT May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug was a nightmare for me. I have Mood Regulation Disorde. I was totally anxiety ridden one minute and hiding in my closet crying the next. Tired as heck one minute then hyper and crazy the next. I have never had mood swings this severe in my life. This medication also gave me tons of other physical symptoms such as high blood pressure, nausea, and a general feeling of being happy and sad at the same time. I've tried a ton of meds, and this is the worst one to date. Also, it should be noted, if your sensitive to weight gain, the trials on the drug did show 1-2 lbs gained in 3 weeks. So you might want to watch out for that."

Alice 123456 May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication works for me. I can get housework done, mow the grass, and just push myself to do things now. Sometimes I can't sit still. Side effects were sore muscles and nauseous which went away after a few days. Depression is gone. Only thing is it makes me nervous a little bit and on edge so I take something else for that."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2017