User Reviews for Vraylar

Bipolar Disorder
6.3

Summary of Vraylar reviews 6.5 136 reviews

Reviews for Vraylar

For Schizophrenia "I rarely experience side effects from medications. I was only able to take 1.5mg of Vraylar for 3 days (nights) because it caused horrible nausea. ~3-4 hours of taking it the first night I was nauseous, then gagging, then vomiting. Throughout the day I felt nausea which lifted slightly around 11pm only to return a few hours after I took the next dose at 12am. Tonight I didn't take it, I'm done, but still feeling slightly nauseous and now I'm looking at the half life of this drug (2-4 days!). It could be 2-3 weeks before I feel physically well again. Now I'm looking at the next med I'm supposed to try scared to death because of these side effects"

cozy (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was given this medication in place of lithium. I was on it for a month. I experienced many side effects while taking this. Restless (pacing around the house), anxiety, chronic dry mouth, depression (crying for days) and TD uncontrollable muscle movements. Mainly in my face and jaw. The doctor gave me samples and never warned me of the potential side effects. Please be warned. I have stopped taking Vraylar for 3 weeks and the uncontrollable muscle movements have still persisted I don’t know if they are permanent the Vraylar website says that they may be a permanent. I am scared and don’t recommend Vraylar to anyone."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Awesome. No more racing thoughts. Mania has slowed down and no weight gain. However I have samples. Don't know how I am going to afford it."

Deputykja (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

"I suffer from schizoaffective disorder. Vraylar has stabilized my mood and cut the incidence of hallucinations by about 1/2. I've noticed two main side effects. First, fear. I am frequently terrified particularly when riding in a car but at other times as well. I had to cut my dose when I started suffering flashbacks. Now the fear isn't gone but is liveable. Second, I've lost interest in social interactions to the point I even have trouble watching T.V. or reading because I can't identify with the characters. Feelings of empathy and compassion are muted. I've already tried and failed most of the antipsychotics due to side effect sensitivity. These side effects are mild by comparison, but still debilitating."

Seeing Things (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve never written a review on a med before. I have bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression, and ADHD. After switching from abilify (with combo of other meds) to this, I GAINED 15 pounds in 2 WEEKS and I have always been thin. I'm livid and stopped last night and went back to abilify. I didn’t even notice any good effects from it besides putting on pounds. Now, I have to work extra to get my weight back. This drug was awful for me. :( It was like taking a placebo plus weight."

Britt (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Let me say that’s Vraylar 3mg has been a Godsend for me. I am not all over the place with my moods and not agitated. I felt like I was going down the rabbit hole and this changed all of that. I am not aware of any side effects on myself. I’ve been on this for a year and a half and would encourage anyone to try it when your doctor suggests it. Also take Luvox and Trazadone to sleep. I do have trouble sleeping but had that before ever starting the Vraylar."

Georgiagirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "So my thought on this product is it makes me feel as if I’m crawling out of my skin and I get a metallic taste in my mouth and when I smell. I really don’t like how it makes me feel but as a whole once about a hour to an hour and half later it gets easier and easier. I still think it strong and I agree with a lot of other people that have commented on this page that maybe going to taking it every other day at 1.5 mg and I don’t think I need to go up anymore than that. I used to take lithium and thought it worked ok but I took that over 10 years ago and decided I didn’t need it, I wasn’t bipolar that I would be fine. But after being with my man for almost 11 years he said he thought I was bipolar. So I went to the doctor and had got these vraylar pills that he said he had some samples after telling him about what my husband had said to me. I only gave it a 5 even though it makes me feel better once I get past the side effects."

Sassys17 August 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking 1.5 mg a month ago. After a week I went up to 3mg. My experience with vraylar has been excellent. I've never felt so stable in more than 20 years. I've tried all antipsychotics and many antidepressants and never felt this good. I was afraid to try Vraylar because of the side effects such as tardive dyskinesia (TD), akatesia and restlessness. Many antipsychotics have me those side effects. I decided to try it anyway and boy am I glad I did. I've never felt better."

AJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine took away my motivation. I had a general feeling of discontent and unhappiness. This medicine made little tasks seem daunting. I have been off of it for three days and am starting to feel like my old self. I was on it for 30 days."

Jim Bob Ferley (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on vraylar now for 5 week's. I'm on 3 mgs and I have days that I feel like it's helping me. I am noticing some difference especially in the evenings. The mornings it's hard to get going. I also take lamictal, zoloft, klonipin, serequel to sleep. I have been on and off so many meds these last few years. I am wondering how long it takes to have the full effect. I am going to try to take it at night to see if it helps my mood. I am going to give it a couple of more weeks to see if it improves. If not, I'm considering ECT."

ARTLUV (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar disorder rapid cycle mixed episodes and PTSD. I finally found something that makes me feel normal! No more off the wall up and downs constantly. I didn't know this is what its supposed to feel like. My only problem is I have gained a lot of weight. Otherwise I would give it a 10. Hoping my doctor will give me an appetite suppressant to go along with it."

Breebaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine makes me feel really good like really good. It was suppose to help with mania, however I'm not sure if I am feeling like a "normal" person or just really happy. My spending has intensified since I started taking it though. It causes my legs to be restless and I want to crawl out of my skin at times but I really like the way it helps with my mood. I'm not sure if I should continue taking... any suggestions?"

Manny July 13, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I am taking this medication in combination with latuda for schizoaffective disorder. I have previously tried so many medications of the antipsychotic and antidepressant classes without much success due to intolerable side effects and ineffectiveness. This is the best thing I have ever tried as far as mood improvement and cognitive enhancing effects. I have tried this medication alone in the past and it caused insomnia, and wasn't effective for psychosis at the 3 mg dose. In combination with latuda, this is not a problem. As of writing this review, I am at week 1.5, and it is really starting to kick in, feeling a bit better each day. Never give up. Current medications are (daily); Latuda 60 mg Vraylar 3 mg Gabapentin 1500 mg Trihexyphenidyl 5 mg Fluoxetine 2.5 mg Divalproex 1000 mg"

cubicleclown (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Vraylar because of a manic episode. I was told it would be gentle and would NOT hit hard. Within half an hour of taking the first dose, I had a full psychotic break that lasted two days. On the second day I took another dose and was highly agitated afterwards. We reduced the dosage to every other day (1.5mg). 2 weeks after starting it, the Vraylar hit me like a truck and I went from somewhat manic all the way down. After 4 days of deep dark depression I stopped taking it. I feel much better now, but I am left with genital numbness, exacerbating an existing problem that had actually gone away, but came crashing back even worse than before. I'm on different, much better meds now, older meds, but the genital numbness persists despite my having no problems with desire."

Scorpionis (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "My psychiatrist started me on Vraylar 1.5 mg once a day, about 3 weeks ago. And within those past few weeks, this medication has made such a huge difference in my life. I have hardly any depressive mood episodes, and my rapid mood shifts are down to a minimum. Vraylar helps me have a huge positive mindset,I feel like myself again. I would strongly encourage anyone who struggles with depressive mood episodes, like I did in the past,to ask your doctor about Vraylar."

LilKornRocker92 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar has been a blessing for me. After years of trying almost every bipolar medication out there and experiencing terrible side effects, I was almost out of options. I was taking 1200 mg of Lithium daily which was causing the worst stomach pains and I was constantly running to the bathroom. I started Vraylar and almost immediately saw a positive effect. My stomach pains went away, my mood became more balanced, and it even helped with my cognitive abilities as well. Short term side effects were stomach ache, shaky hands, and uneasiness, but they went away after 2-3 days of taking the medication. I've noticed such an improvement (and so has my wife), that we only wish this drug was on the market years ago. I would highly recommend this as an option for BP 1 if you have tried all of the other medications. LOVE IT!"

Doug July 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor just diagnosed me as bipolar 2 weeks ago and prescribed Vraylar to help with my moods. I'm always nervous to start new medications so I just started it a couple days ago. So far the side effects are making me want to quit taking it. I was told to take it before bed but it makes my mind race so badly that I've been laying here for 3 hours and still can't sleep. And I can't take it in the morning because it makes me feel drunk-tired and for lack of a better word, completely high. As exhausted as I am, I still feel like I could take on the day without sleep. Other side effects are dizziness, restlessness, shakiness, headache, upset stomach, intense hunger, feeling like I'm catching a cold, can't stay asleep, blurred vision (I'm typing with one eye closed), irritability, difficulty concentrating, and an intense manic episode starting about an hour after taking the pill, lasting all day. I'm super sensitive to meds and I really don't think this is the med for me "

Black Queen June 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started Vraylar roughly 2 weeks ago and can’t even begin to explain how different my life is now. About a month ago I was having passive suicidal thoughts, very depressed, irritable, and fatigued. It was a chore just to get out of bed in the morning. Ever since I started this medication I have not had a symptom of either of these symptoms! I couldn’t even imagine this was even possible to feel so good. If your at your wits end and feel like giving up, don’t! This goes for any medication out there. I’ve tried 15-17 different medications and believe me I was getting very impatient, but this medication gave me my life back and I’m able to smile again! Keep your heads up high, and hold on to the little things called hope and faith in the process!"

Drew (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This is the 5th day that I've been taking 1.5 mg of Vraylar for depression/ anxiety/ possible bipolar and it is the 1st day that I feel really good. I take it at night. Until last night I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, last night I slept very well and feel well rested today. I have the energy and motivation to get things done! Excellent, I hope this continues!"

Momkath (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I know everyone has different brain chemistry, so what works for some may not for others. Vraylar was horrible for me. I had terrible brain fog, akathisia, and sadness for the month that I took it. My performance at work was going downhill and I was constantly ready to snap at someone. Finally off this stuff and back to my Seroquel XR. Doc added some Rexulti to help the Seroquel. It’s been 3 days since I’ve stopped Vraylar and I feel much more like my old self already. Thank goodness my doc gave me free samples for the Vraylar, so I never had to pay for it."

BipolarBear92 June 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I believe Vraylar has saved my life. However, I take the following medications as well. Zoloft, Seraquel, Lithium, Atavain, Restoril, and Ritilan. My biggest complaint is emotional numbness. Don't get me wrong, it's better then crying constantly and having severe paranoia but it's a hard way to live. I cannot feel emotions. There's a numbness, I CANNOT cry, it's like I'm detached from my own brain. With that said, I still feel the upside out ways the downside as I am still breathing."

JTW June 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I just started Vraylar 6 days ago for bipolar 2 disorder. I have tried probably 6 different medications over the past few years which I discontinued due to lack of effectiveness or side effects. I was at an all time low mood wise. Crying for no reason, loss of hope and in deep despair. My psychiatrist recommended starting Vrylar. I noticed an immediate improvement in my mood and energy level within 2 days of starting it at 1.5 mg/day. But I have noticed, it is progressively making me more anxious and activated feeling. It has also caused me to have extreme insomnia. I also take clonazepam 0.5-1mg and Seroquel 150mg at bedtime. I am going to change to every other day dosing and see if that helps with the insomnia. I am sticking with this medication and am hopeful that this medication will help get me and keep me out of this awful fog of depression and anxiety that I’ve been in for the past few years."

AJ63 June 6, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Vraylar for schizophrenia since Sep 2017. I have had no negative side effects apart from a bit of drowsiness here and there. No akathisia as well. I would definitely recommend this med."

Kris (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking vraylar for 5 days now, I have absolutely no side affects yet and I wake up happy full of energy. Before I was so tired and empty so far I have no complaints. I will keep taking it."

Darci (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have mixed feelings about Vraylar, while it is working wonderfully for my swings (haven't had any in months! I was rapid cycle). The only fault of this drug is it causes me to binge eat at night, never had this issue before starting Vraylar. Other than that, amazing drug! I take 3mg in the morning."

Rombek (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018