User Reviews for Vraylar

Learn more about Vraylar.

Schizophrenia 6 reviews 42 medications

Bipolar Disorder 42 reviews 33 medications

5.6
Summary of Vraylar reviews 48 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Vraylar

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on Vraylar 3 weeks, and within the first 2-3 days noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level, and actually got out of the fetal position I usually lay in almost all day....although, there are only so many things I can actually do around my house and living alone, so a lot of built-up energy, that finds me pacing and wanting to call and talk to every person I know, (which doesn't work great, feeling like a bother to everyone) the depression went away within a few days of starting this med, but has since felt like it is returning, I am currently taking 3mg, and been waiting 5 days for my insurance to actually "Approve" that they will pay for it, in order for me to continue taking it at a 4.5mg dose, also a HUGE increase in appetite!"

Leeza1967 February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this medication 3 days ago and I never get side effects for medication ever. This medication messed me up. From the first day I started getting headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting multiple times a day, I completely loss my appetite and the weird side effect I got is hiccups. I literally get hiccups 8-10 times a day. I'm stopping this medication cause it's not worth feeling like poop all day."

Weird hiccups side effect February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Tonight is the first time I have taken Vraylar. It is 2/9/17. I plan to give this medicine a chance, and will keep others posted on how it is affecting me. I was very hesitant trying a new drug. My doctor is supplying me with 1.5mg samples. I do feel like a guinea pig because there doesn't seem to be very much feedback on Vraylar so far. I've been diagnosed for many years now as having Bipolar 2 and severe anxiety disorder. I do have a history or intense anger, manic episodes and sadness. Currently I am taking Xanax up to 3 times per day as needed for anxiety, Lamictal 200mg and Lorazepam 2mg at night. I also take 2 types of thyroid meds during the day. I am very hopeful that Vraylar will work, but really fear weight gain. This is post #1."

Twynlyn February 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication worked for me for about 3 weeks. I started on 1.5mg then my doctor increased it to 3mg. After the increased I had an upset stomach, my chest felt very heavy, and it was difficult for my to swallow and speak without gasping for air. My doctor wants me to go back down to 1.5mg I told my doctor I am taking myself off. Anything that bothers my breathing I can't tolerate."

Novrayler January 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Started taking Vraylar for bipolar depression after a huge miss with Latuda. Started at 1.5 mg and it worked quite well. Doctor upped dosage to 3 mg but a severe case of akathisia set in where I would force myself to sleep just to stop moving. It was dreadful. Went back down to 1.5 mg and it's been wonderful fighting the depression and seasonal affective disorder."

JackMag January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Made my depression disappear with cost. I started having chest pains during exercise and having severe hallucinations. Could not drive and felt dissocaitive. Felt naseauted yet starving and yet had no will to eat. Gained 3 pounds in two days taking this drug. I also had trouble urinating and it was painful. Only took for a week before stopping at 3mg."

Ahc93 January 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "A couple of weeks after taking Vraylar I started noticing that (as having Bipolar 2) my moods weren't really changing. Finally, sometime near the third week, I started noticing that I was pacing, couldn't seem to concentrate on anything, and had a hard time simply sitting down. I realized that it was making me manic. I DO NOT AT ALL would want anyone else to take this if anyone notices these side effects. I am going to stop it immediately, I nearly had a breakdown. Could not stop crying. Also going to talk to my doctor about it, but I can't continue it. I wasn't even paying for it because I was taking a sampler, and my doctor was going to give me a voucher to see if my insurance would take it."

Chiyo January 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This has been the most effective medicine I have ever taken for my Schizoaffective Bipolar Type disorder, and I have tried seven different anti-psychotics prior to starting Vraylar. I was in a manic state when I took this medicine the first time, and shortly after the first dose the mania stopped completely. I am not experiencing any side effects whatsoever from Vraylar. This medicine has the efficacy of Clozaril, without all of the nasty side effects. I am truly grateful this medicine exists, without it I would have probably been hospitalized. Overall, I am extremely happy with this medication and I am so happy I finally found something that works for me."

ThePlantagenet January 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm happy to see that this drug has worked for some but it certainly did not work right for me. After the initial days getting it into my system I started crying for no reason multiple times a day. I figured I was just getting used to it and stuck with it through the dosage increase. The following day I basically cried all day and had suicidal thoughts that I just could not seem to get out of my head. My Dr had me stop taking it immediately and we performed a genomind DNA test to see which drugs would work for me. Vrylar showed up on the "High Risk" list along with a number of other anti-psychotics. Unfortunately my list of treatment options for Bipolar I is not very long."

Not for me personally January 2, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "Vraylar worked the very first time where it helped with increased motivation and willingness to attend drop-in centers. After 3-4 weeks, developed increasing akathisia that a new doctor pulled him out and gave him Seroquel - that was a horrific move! He slept 90% of the 2 days he was on. So after a few days, we brought him back to Vraylar on every other day basis. The results from the first trial was not the same the 2nd time around. He's back on it now everyday, and his restlessness is progressively getting worse and his akathisia is bad. So we don't know if it's because of the Seroquel break that took away the efficacy or that it lost it's magic - we don't know. All we know is that my son is very restless and now very unhappy."

crushedmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Vraylar for almost two weeks now and I don't seem to notice a difference. I do have hopes, as my doctor thinks I need to stick with it but I've been having severe mixed episodes since right before I started taking it (I'm not blaming this on the medicine but I want something to work quickly and it's not for me). I have been feeling restless but extremely tired. Like I'll go out to do a bunch of errands because I can't sit still but then drive right back home once I'm out because I'm so exhausted. I went from taking it at night, do the day, to back at night because it was making me tired. Also, severe blurred vision which I heard will go away. Very expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "It seems now to not be working as well with my depression as it did 2 1/2 months ago. My psych upped the dose from 3 mg. to 6 about 8 days ago and I still feel depressed. Has anyone else experienced Vraylar pooping out on them?"

Catzzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Terrible experience on vraylar, upset stomach, insomnia, felt like the flu upon stopping, would not take again. Glad I stopped after 5 days easier to detox. Had almost the same experience on saphris , which caused hairloss as well and rough detoxing."

cookie 1234 December 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Even though reading the other reviews gave me so much hope, after just 1 week at 1.5 mg, the side effects are just too much for me. 12 hours after taking it, I feel like I've got stomach flu and vomit violently. Also since starting I feel lethargic, will suddenly fall asleep, and I'm an absolute grump to be around. Currently taking lithium and lamotrigine which can't seem to get a grip on the swings."

Aukward (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on this medication for about a week now and I must say that out of all other medications I have been on, Vraylar is working pretty well. The only side effects that I have experienced has been an upset set stomach. I'm sleeping better and hopefully it continues."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "My wife has been on everything for bipolar. the Dr. added Vraylar to Bupropion, clonazepam and lithium. At first We thought it was amazing. She went from curled up in bed to going places and doing things. Her manic episodes had been limited to rage, and after starting Vraylar, they seemed to become euphoric just prior to turning radically disphoric. The get up and go turned to akathesia. It tapered off to simply loose it's efficacy. going up to 3 mg just brought the same roller coaster. My wife is treatment resistant to many meds. If you choose to try this medication, please look out for these side effects, and keep your optimism in check."

P.J. GA. November 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "Works well on all symptoms. Treats cognitive symptoms better than other meds. Does not make my mouth twitch like some meds. No sedation at all. No sexual side effects at all. Only noticeable side effect is a disturbing mental state when going to bed at night. The only other drawback is that it is not yet available in generic."

jimmzy (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar 2 plus Panic Disorder. I started Vraylar about 10 days ago and have had a wonderful experience. It has made my days feel more stable and helped keep me calm at night when my panic attacks come. Looking forward to healing more and more. FYI my cocktail is: Lamictal Amitriptyline Ativan Guanfacine (motor tics) Liothyronine (hypothyroid) I'm not sure yet if insurance will cover the expense of the drug, but for now I'm maxed out on my out of pocket for the year, so it's free. I guess I'll find out in January how much it will really cost. Reading reviews of this drug really freaked me out at first, but now I'm so glad I tried it. Give it a try for a few days!"

Jenny C. (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "This review is for my mother she has been schizophrenic for several years and all different medications none of them helped including Latuda and Risperdal she felt those made her symptoms worse but since she has been on this new medication she feels she is no longer sick we can all tell a big difference in her and she has been perfectly fine for the longest time she loves this medication she feels like herself again for once with no side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I remember eagerly waiting for this medicine to come out, and when it finally did, I think I must've been one of if not the only patient my psychiatrist had on it. At first, while taking it in the morning, I felt super nauseated (lost weight from it actually), and felt like I didn't want to get out of bed for anything. So I started taking it at night, which helped a little, but then it suddenly became stimulating for me, so I started taking it in the morning again. That's when I started noticing the therapeutic benefit setting in, which took roughly a week to start setting in. I quit taking it a month and a half later because of akathisia, but decided to give it another go here recently, and haven't really had any problems."

mikrw33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have only taken Vraylar for 5 days. The first three times I took it at night and was able to fall asleep but could not stay asleep. Each night it was worse - like wake up at 1:30 am and never go back to sleep. So I skipped a day (don't ask me why?) and then took it in the morning. Hugh difference! I have slept so much better since switching it to the morning.That is the only side effect I have had so far. I haven't really noticed any difference in my moods yet but it is really early. The only other medication I take is lamictal (past 8 years) which has been a miracle drug for me but doesn't conquer the nagging depression that never seems to go away. I have high hopes for Vraylar! Use the drug coupon that you can download from their web!"

ReillyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I usually don't read reviews on medication because I want to give the drug an unbiased try. After 5 weeks on Vraylart the lowest dose, here are my adverse reactions: insomnia, panic, paranoia, fear, mania, easily startled, itching, rash, decreased vision, dry cough, gerd, upset stomach, increased urination, loose stool. The insomnia started immediately. I would sleep a couple of hours and then be wide awake. The drug wore me out because of all the resulting side effects. I had no side effects on Seroquel and, after discontinuing the Vraylar, I am relieved to be back on it."

izzy26 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "After taking all the other antipsychotics I have found Vraylar to be the most effective in controlling my symptoms. The only side effect I've had is some minor quesiness the morning after my first dose."

WildcatVet September 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Started to feel ok the first week but once Doctor upped dose to 3 mg all heck broke loose . Massive anxiety panic attacks and loss of sleep . Felt like I was loosing my mind ."

Janine P September 17, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "this medicine is bad news"

kiss me arse September 13, 2016