User Reviews for Vraylar

Bipolar Disorder
6.1

Summary of Vraylar reviews 6.3 176 reviews

Reviews for Vraylar

For Bipolar Disorder "I have bipolar 2 and took this to treat mixed features during hypomanic episodes. At 1.5mg it helped to reduce but not eliminate the hypomania and mixed features. At 3mg it gave me horrible akathisia. Now I'm trying to get it refilled but the coupon my doc gave me isn't working with the pharmacy (4 trips and over an hour wasted). I've been 2 days without the med and I'm experiencing intense anxiety due to withdrawals. I am going to refuse to continue taking this med and demand something else. I'd rather be hypomanic than down $240."

CORRIN (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking Vraylar 1.5 mg at bedtime almost 2 weeks ago in conjunction with my other bipolar meds. I had been on Rexulti previously but after rapid weight gain on it and sudden mood changes, my pDoc switched me to Vraylar. She told me to take it daily for two weeks as it would build up in my system and then to only take it 3x a week to prevent the high likelihood of unbearable restlessness occurring. I'm almost ready to drop down to 3x a week, although I'm worried that will make it less effective for me. It has been a godsend! I'm singing in the car again, I'm laughing with my family again, I'm taking joy in my children again and doing all of the things I love with them again. It's like a miracle. I don't feel overly high or like I'm getting manic, I just feel like my normal self used to and it feels great. I'm easy going again, I feel joy again. It's amazing, I would highly recommend Vraylar."

Ambi (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I was on 1.5mg for 4 weeks. I had headaches, nausea and was so tired I was bedridden. This new wonder drug is not so wonderful. I have gone back on my old medicine."

Bm77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Vraylar gave me the worst akathisia in my life. At one point I was so restless and anxious that I left work (without telling my boss) and drove straight to the hospital. I really thought I was going to die. I was having uncontrollable jerking movements while taking this stuff. Everyone reacts differently to meds, so maybe this med just isn’t for me. I ended up going back to Seroquel XR- I’ll take sedation any day over that horrible feeling Vraylar gave me."

DayJellaz (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "After being hospitalized twice with my bipolar and after trying ten different meds vraylar saved my life. From the age of only 16 bipolar disorder had ruined my life due to both mania and depression but now with vraylar I am finally stable and get to live life"

young (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on vraylar going on two months now my moods any everything have never been better. I definitely recommend this drug"

Mzachary (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor went on and on about this miracle drug and how it would change my life. I should've smelt the science experiment when she happened to mention I would be the first person to take it in her practice I had extreme insomnia - lucky if I had an hour of straight sleep, sleep medications wouldn't work. Restless, I had to go, go, go. I was shaking all of the time and my anxiety was through the roof. I had multiple panic attacks at work wherein I had to leave (this has never happened even on my worse day) Upside the visual/auditory hallucinations stopped as well as the delusions and I felt like everything was hunky dory emotionally wise but that was due to the mania it all but catapulted me into. Doctor pretty much refused to change my medications even after only having taken it for a month with all of these horrible side effects. I realised I would have to do it and never went back. I will never touch Vraylar again."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

"Not sure what to think yet. I’ve been bounced around on various meds trying to find the right one. I was put on Vraylar for depression since none of the SSRIs have worked. I have had a lot of nausea, dizziness and what I would consider hot flashes. I take mine in the am. And it doesn’t seem to cause much drowsiness. I'm also taking Lamictal with the Vraylar. I’m hoping things will get better. Because I want to feel better!"

Kiki (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "My husband took this medication for 3 days. Each day became progressively worse. He was getting more agitated, huge appetite increase, restless and anxious by the day. Not to mention the minimal to no sleep he was getting. I was surprised to see the side effects appear so quickly, but I am glad. We are now on day 4 off the medication. I'm hopeful he will be getting back to baseline soon. With detox he has brain saps, interrupted sleep, restlessness and anxiety. Last night was better than any night in the past week. Given the side effects and length of time the med stays in your system I am glad we stopped the med after 3doses"

Carebear (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I gained 67 pounds over the course of 10 months at 4.5 mg--just beware of weight gain"

Missy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my second day taking 1.5mgs & so far, so good. I'm feeling levelled"

Poetguy (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I would really pay attention to the side affects while taking this med. I developed blisters on my scalp and was diagnosed with shingles but the blisters never went away one day I came across the printout of side affects and for some reason read them and blisters are a serious reaction. I have not taken it for a few days now and I have no new blisters pretty scary it really reminds me though that we need to pay attention to our health symptoms and meds side effects. These drs have too many patients to keep up with everything we are on etc."

guyshannon1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was given vraylar for rapid cycling depression, I also have ADHD. I had no negative side effects, or so I thought. I stayed on it for about 5 months and in a state of extreme mania the entire time. I lost 30 #. I loved it because I finally felt good and did not disclose everything to my doctor, like cheating on my husband which I would NEVER have done before. But I finally had to come off of it as the mania increased. Now I’m diagnosed as bipolar unspecified, because of my reaction to it."

TrashDog (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on vraylar 1.5 mg for a month. It causes me to bite & chew my lips & tongue uncontrollably. Till they bleed. I also clench my jaw. I take Artane (trihexyphenidyl) 5mg 2x/day for side effects. It works but if I forget to take Artane, my life is a misery of chewing my face. I still have problems with my mood but my psychosis/paranoia/delusions are gone. I never realized I was psychotic all the time until taking vraylar."

AJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I took vyraylar right before I was going to bed.... I remember not feeling good and my fiancé kept asking me what was with me. All I remember is waking up on the couch This is the SECOND time this medicine has caused me to black out Good thing I wasn’t at work this time"

Squilly (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I feel like Vraylar in combination with my other medications have made a huge decrease of delusions, paranoia"

Jtw (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Good for handling mania. Gave me energy back. When my dosage was increased due to mild depression I experienced weight gain of about 40 pounds! I'm a petite woman so the weight gain was just too much for me. I tried to stick with the med but I could not fit into any thing. My appetite kept increasing and the depression did not go away."

Maine (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 10, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have bipolar, mixed features and this drug did wonders for my mania and depression, however, after a huge 30 pound weight gain I am choosing to discontinue this drug. I have been off of it for several weeks now and have had a nightmare of a time getting the weight off. Even though I'm not as hungry or eating nearly as much as I was on Vraylar."

Lilly1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I just started my 3rd wk on 3 mg's. I really don't feel any different to be honest. I have been on lamictal for a couple years and it has been a life changer for me, but I started feeling so sensitive, having a lot of crying episodes which is not like me at all. I have been very restless but I'm not sure that's from this medication. I follow up with my dr next wk to see how I'm doing. If I can't tell a difference by then I will probable discontinue"

RED (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Schizophrenia "This medication causes suicides"

AMichael (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started Vraylar about 7 weeks ago. My dr. weaned me off of Topamax because it was affecting my cognition. I could not process logical thoughts, like order of events in relation to time. Vraylar allowed only for 5 hours of sleep. (I already have interrupted sleep.) My doctor said to take it in the a.m. I did that today, and I feel nauseous. I’ve also gained 4 lbs. since I began. It could be “holiday weight,” though. My appetite seems to have increased. 2 factors other than Vraylar could be the cause: I started running again & that increases appetite. I’m also not eating throughout the day, which could be causing me to binge at night and eat when I wake in the night. I’m going to continue with Vraylar. It has been a good mood stabilizer replacement for Topamax. I was using samples. I 1st filled a prescription for it this week at a cost of $0. I have no idea why it was covered. I’ll use coupon from dr. if necessary."

Savedby1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "A miracle drug for my depression but I did have to go through 2 to 3 weeks of restlessness and insomnia for me when I first start taking it."

CrazyMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 many years ago but have only really started taking meds and managing it. I've been on lamictal 150mg twice a day and clonopine 1mg as needed. In the last month I started having more anxiety and the lamictal just didn't seem as effective anymore. My doc started me on the Vraylar 1.5mg 10 days ago and I'm most definitely worse with it. I'm more agitated, emotional, shaky, can't sleep even with sleeping meds. My paranoia has significantly increased. I I don't recommend this med at all."

Less stable (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've had severe depression alongside bipolar. I've been on Vraylar about 3 months. My depression lessened significantly. Recently, I've been restless and dealing with insomnia (even with sleeping medicine), and I have constant anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I have also gotten agitated, and it feels like it's almost pushing me into a manic episode. It's very scary and lonely to be put in this position. These side effects were not discussed at all. I don't suggest this medicine."

Frankie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "In combination with my lamictal, Vraylar works very well for me. I originally was prescribed Vraylar for mood swings, but discovered when I began Lamictal that it was actually helping my social anxiety tremendously. Anyway, after about 9 months of taking Vraylar, I have developed Akathisia. I can’t stop moving the toes in my left foot, and believe me, it’s worse than it sounds. I am totally unaware when I’m doing it, but if I concentrate on it, I can stop. I am getting off of Vraylar immediately. I hope these symptoms don’t persist"

NoBigDeal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018