User Reviews for Lexapro

7.5

Major Depressive Disorder

Summary of Lexapro reviews 7.8 1,417 reviews

Reviews for Lexapro

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Hello, I would like to say I lived by these reviews to help me through my darkest days with this here anxiety/panic disorder. I had symptoms that range from nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, no appetite, the feeling of about to pass out/faint, noodle feeling sensation in my leg etc to the point I didn't feel like myself anymore and thought death was near. Thank you for your reviews it help get past all that and I got to the good part where is works without the side effects"

Heartbreak89 November 9, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I’ve been on lexapro for a good three, four months now. I’m 18 and I’ve been having extremely bad panic attacks. But the medications seems to somewhat help with the panic. I got diagnosed with panic disorder today and mood disorder. So taking lexapro with a mood disorder can potentially make things worse for me. But hopefully that’s not the case. My therapist upped my dosage to 20 mg today so I start that tomorrow. I hope things work out well because I really don’t want things to get worse."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2018

For Anxiety "I am back to write an update on my almost 5 month journey on Lexapro. I am feeling great, and have a lot of positive things to say. I am starting back nursing school (to specialize in psychiatry, of all things!) this January after quitting due to my mental breakdown. I am back to working fulltime. I'm calm, and feel mentally able to achieve what I want in my life. The OCD rituals are a bare minimum now, and the horrible mood swings I had before starting Lexapro have almost completely disappeared. My anxiety and depression once had me homebound, and now I'm leaving my house 4-6 days a week, and I enjoy being out again. I'm 24 and have struggled with mental health problems since the age of 12, and thought I was doomed for life. Your life can turn around for good, so don't give up on yourself. Prayers for you all that you find happiness and live your lives to your fullest potentials. Be blessed."

Starry87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I’ve been taking 10mg for 6mths for GAD & OCD. There were improvements to anxiety but at the same time I changed some lifestyles habits and relieved stress by moving house and stopping work, and I also got treatment from a few different resources. So I can’t say that this medication was what worked. What I have noticed is that despite giving up sugar (binge eating) for over 4 mths and going to the gym for over a month now I am not experiencing weight loss. In fact, I’ve gained weight! I’m also retaining fluid and am constipated often. I’m female, 42 years young. I’m choosing to go off this medication (psych says it leaves the body within 27hrs and I shouldn’t experience side effects) because I don’t like the above side effects. I’ll let you know."

Willo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Anxiety "I was very hesitant to try any medicine for my persistent anxiety and low grade depression (30+ years of drudgery). I finally "called uncle" when it was clear that I would literally not make it through without additional help. I went to the doctor and balled my eyes out as she listened patiently. She started me on 10mg which made things worst for about 2 weeks and then kicked in nicely. I felt sooooo much better. I asked the doctor to increase my dose to 20mg which she agreed to to do. There was an immediate change for the better and now after about a month on 20mg I am feeling almost no anxiety or depression. An amazing drug! Side effects are sleepiness and some loss of libido. The list of good effects are too long to list. Increased patience with the kids. Being a better husband in so many ways. I feel like I am more in control of my life instead of always trying to avoid things that were uncomfortable. I recommend Lexapro!!"

TheNervousSuit (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Lexapro for over 3 months. There had been no change in my moods, and I can’t sleep at nights. I am having more panic attacks lately. I need something that is going to help me."

jeawill44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Well today is my first day taking this med. Really hope it works as I have been dealing with GAD and panic attacks for almost 2 years now. My first dr started me on prozac and that was a nightmare - it made my panic attacks worse. I was given Ativan to take as need and that helped but I came off all meds due to not wanting to be depended on them so I just been dealing the best I can. Now I'm really tired of being like this, face tingles all the time, I have tension headaches everyday, and i just don't feel right and most the time its like I'm outside my body - I don't know how to describe it. So I finally have a new dr and she wants me to try this so first 10mg is now taking. Now the wait begins to see if this helps. I really hope no side effects cause my anxiety will go through the roof. She did say if in one week I feel no change then go up to 20mg please pray 10mg works. Will help date later."

Turtlegirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked great for my depression but I gained a lot of weight quickly. I went from 105 lbs to 120 lbs in about a month. Therefore I changed to another drug."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I started taking lexapro (10mg) for anxiety and depression. This drug took effect quickly and I felt more hopeful within the first week. After a few days I had this false sense of elation, but I eventually evened out. I was less emotional, less moody, more focused. There were ZERO side effects.... until about three months in. My hair began falling out in massive clumps. I had visible bald spots and would wear my hair up in a bun to avoid the humiliation of having handfuls of hair fall out. After about 9 months and 40% hair loss I stopped taking this medication, with the assistance of my doctor. It was only five months later when most of my hair grew back, but so did my anxiety. I started lexapro again and felt amazing until about four weeks in when my hair starting falling out again I stopped taking the drug again. My doctor and I are still working to find the right rx for me. the side effect of hair loss is very rare. I highly recommend this medication."

Crissy October 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I really hope that my review can help someone out there. Even if it only helps one person, it will be worth it to me. I just had my first child in the month of April and about 3 months later, I noticed something was different. I was scared to leave the house and even the most simple tasks seemed overwhelming. My thoughts were racing, I would pace back and forth, and I was having multiple panic attacks. I wanted to call the emergency room because I thought I was losing my mind! After suffering for a month, I spoke to my doctor and she prescribed me 10MG of Lexapro. I had every side effect including upset stomach, hot flashes, going to the bathroom constantly, insomnia, mood swings, shaky hands, loss of appetite, and nausea. After 3 weeks, my side effects are almost gone! My appetite is back, I don't have panic attacks anymore, and I'm not scared to leave the house! Please be patient with this medication. It takes 3-4 weeks to even BEGIN to be effective!"

Godspeed October 25, 2018

For Anxiety "It should be in the drinking water. I've been on lexapro for 3 years. In the beginning, I had very very vivid dreams (loved that part), but it didn't last long. I made the mistake of drinking alcohol, which really, really didn't mix well with me. It made me even more extreme in my thoughts, plans, compulsions. Once I put the wine away for good, I slowly woke up and something snuck up on me: peace. I just don't experience the irrational worry and fear anymore. I don't want to yell and scream anymore. The world is a better place now."

Rett (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I’ve been on 10mg of lexapro for 3 months now. I’ve been suffering with anxiety for the past 10 years I’m 59. The first 3 weeks were horrible with most side effects they appear to have gone now however I have gained weight about 5kgs. The lexapro definitely has helped my anxiety has at least halved and I can do most things. I still occasionally take half an Ativan when I’m feeling very anxious. The main thing I seem to get is chest pain which is almost everyday I’ve been to the ER on many occasions and they say I’m fine. I don’t know whether to increase my lexapro or not. All in all I’m reasonably happy with lexapro."

Markscura (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Anxiety "This worked well for my anxiety (mostly social anxiety) that I've had all my life. It didn't work as well for depression, though. I'm on 10mg and I tried a higher dose at one point but it made me too tired. But for anxiety 10mg is enough. The only reason I'm thinking of changing is for something that helps my depression better."

ade987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

For Depression "I have PTSD and depression and have noticed a big change in mood swings. Much more up and less negative. Some sexual side effects at first. Now that I have been using the drug for a month the side effects seem to be gone."

Plotinus (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

For Depression "Wonderful drug for depression, but not so much for OCD..."

Metalstorm (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "This medicine is miracle!!! I been having anxiety since I was little girl, I been on lexapro for a month my anxiety went away, I feel happier, confidence, and I am more organized at work."

Rosa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

For Anxiety "People!! It takes about 4-6 weeks to work!!!!! Don’t write a review when the drug has not settled and began to give you the therapeutic benefits yet! 2-3 weeks into taking it, I felt rubbish, worst anxiety of my life, then pop, after about 4-5 weeks I feel the best I have felt in YEARS. I feel relaxed, calm and ready to take on the world, live my life like a normal person. I’ve suffered extremely bad anxiety, stress and panic attacks for over a decade, finally decided to try a regular medication, not just take a Xanax when I feel it coming on. This medication I understand may not work for everyone, but at LEAST if you can, give it 6 weeks and commit to it if you’re going to try it. Changed my life. I will say tho, the first month was bad anxiety, headaches, naps in the afternoon and just horrible. Prescribed Xanax to deal with the side effects for the first few weeks, then once it settles, no side effects, just a calm and peaceful mind. Thank you."

Just giving my opinion (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Anxiety "I took 15mg in 2014 for over half a year. It did not do a thing against my anxiety it even caused me to "not being interested in people" anymore, unable to receive love, unable to feel my surroundings. It destroyed my: sleep (10 hours wasn't enough). My muscles got destroyed and I felt very weak till this day I'm not fully recovered. It caused heavy brain fog (till this day not fully disappeared... "

Elite_Gamer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2018

For Depression "This medicine worked absolute wonders for me for about three months. After the (pretty bad) first side effects went away, I was the happiest I had literally ever been on 10 mg daily. I had energy and motivation. However, after the honeymoon period, things started deteriorating, and my doctor upped my dosage to 15 mg, and from there to the highest possible dosage, 20 mg. 15 mg felt no different from 10 mg. 20 mg made me incredibly suicidal and only increased the initial depression symptoms that first made me turn to medication as a possible answer. I am now on Prozac and so far it's been much more effective than the Lexpro and has had far fewer negative side effects."

Alice (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was very resistant to the idea of taking meds, but somehow lived with crippling anxiety for over 10 years that affected my friendships, family connections and ability to have a meaningful relationship. A year ago I tried Prozac and it made me have suicidal thoughts and the start up affects didn't disappear after 8 weeks. Then 3 months ago I bit the bullet and tried lexapro. Let me tell you that any Doctor who says u will be fine after 2 weeks doesn't know what they are talking about. The start up effects are brutal...sickness, increased anxiety, depression. I couldn't leave bed. However, 6-8 weeks later all these effects subsided and now 3 months + in its the best I've ever felt. This is game changer for someone who has suffered anxiety for over 10 years. Next...dedication towards therapies (recommend ACT, excellent framework to building up resistance to anxiety and minimalising its impact on your life). Stick with it...6-8 weeks of pain is nothing compared to months, years of feeling great."

RealRL (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Worked like a champ for 18 months. A near-miracle drug. Only downsides: it stopped working after 18 months. Also, I gained 30 pounds during that time and had a reduced libido."

Zac (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

For Anxiety "I started taking Lexapro 5 mg everyday for 3 weeks. At a very low dose my anxiety was unbearable by the end of the third week. It might work for some just not for me. I am on Buspirone now just started it today so no feed back yet."

Ryon (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Depression "I lost my mom when I was 24 years old 5 years later my dad passed too. I thought I was fine but I really was not. Going forward I hate that I did not take this medicine sooner. I use to get agitated about the smallest things. I was also always tired and I could sleep all day if allowed. I finally did some homework on this medicine and set a dr appointment. I take 20 mg and I am so grateful to have my Life back. It is worth a try."

Elizabeth (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Depression "Not bad for short term mental crutches, pretty good for long term regrets. It would have helped me decently had I not started dating 'the woman of my dreams' on month 2 of Lexapro this drug made me act as if I had the testosterone of a golden retriever. I couldn't comprehend intimacy. She jumped me once and it was as if she had stolen my virginity. -after being sexually active for a decade. I lost the ability to drive intimate momentum into a loving relationship. Not to mention the gas was outrageous. Probiotics were recommended, no change observed. However, I did poop blood if I ate very much red meat. It got worse if I had a drink with it. I took Lexapro for 10 months, I've been off of it for about 45 days now and haven't dropped blood in over a month. My libido is still recovering and I really hope that I regain the function that I had 12 months ago. Seems to be coming through, but I'm still bent by her leaving me.. she never met me, I feel barely introduced."

Some Joe September 24, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been on Lexapro 5mg (7 days at beginning) and upped to 10mg almost two weeks ago (for depression and anxiety) Straight away I had very vivid dreams and dry mouth, when I upped to 10mg I became increasingly anxious and emotionally unstable I am not able to stop crying and panicking at every situation. My paranoid racing thoughts were uncontrollable and disturbing, making me think all my close friends and family were turning against me (prior to medication my anxious thoughts often surrounded the idea that nobody loved me and were only pretending) Just wondering how long this side effect will last as it’s really negatively impacting my life and overwhelming me and ruining my relationship and self esteem"

angstandparanoid (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes