User Reviews for Venlafaxine systemic

Somatoform Pain Disorder

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Venlafaxine reviews 6.8 1,685 reviews

Reviews for Venlafaxine

For Hot Flashes: "I had be having hot flashes, all day and that where unbearable at night - I will be soaked, and this cause me to be very irritated. Anyway my Dr. suggested 75mg in the morning ,it really helped and my mood has improved thanks!!"

Diva January 22, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Anxiety: "I came to be on this drug in January 2018. I suffered from panic attacks and GAD. I felt horrible, I lost all my motivation and I was scared being crazy. I started with Effexor XR 37.5 mg for a week. Then I switch to 75 mg XR. The first month was the worst. Dizziness, akathisia, more panic attacks, sleepiness, my nerves were cracking. After 3 weeks all the side effects were gone and I started to feel better. Every day a little better. Now I am a new person! My husband is happier than me! Psychotherapy improved the effect of the drug. I really suggest to complement the drug treatment with psychotherapy. What I suggest is to resist quitting in the first month...it's always darkest before the dawn!"

sara90 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2019

For Depression: "The drug is good for depression, the withdrawal is bad. If you can make it past the third week of withdrawal, you will be a very different person. Light is brighter, taste is amazing, smell is stronger and you will get to have a new outlook. I was on that stuff for four years. Now I am on something different."

1011 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Panic Disorder: "I was put on this medication, almost instantly I noticed a difference. I started at 75 mgs, within two weeks I was up to 150mg. Now I am up to 200mg. I’m also on Adderall for ADHD, both medications do wonders for me. Before Effexor I was at my lowest with my anxiety and panic. Effexor has made me feel like me again."

Hehaw (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

Effexor (venlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "About 15 years ago I started menopause had terrible anxiety and depression. Tried talk therapy did not work. Tried several antidepressants, until Effexor. I started out with 37.5 than upped to 75mg, then eventunally upped to 225mg. I have been on that dose ever since. It has been a life saver. Anxiety and depression no more. I do have some side affects. I do get heated quite easily, I have had vomiting on occasion, nausea. I have thought about getting off the effexor until I heard about the withdrawals. Most antidepressants are addicting and have withdrawals. I am going to talk to my doctor about a change since I have been on this medication for so long. But otherwise it has been a miracle worker"

pm (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Anxiety: "5 years ago I got panic attacks. Thought I was dying! This created non stop anxiety insomnia etc. Couldn’t even function after this I was a wreck at 37 years old. This medication got me back into life. In about 3 weeks I was back on my feet. I bought a house and moved in with my girlfriend. I was on this medication 75mg a day for one year. Off for another year. Back on for the next. Then off again for a year. Today I have anxiety keeping me up for last few nights. I am starting on this medication again! Without this medication I would have not had a great last 5 years! Also currently I am starting to meditate as science shows it will physically change your brain! Wish everyone the best. Please remind yourselves it will get better!"

James bennett (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2019

For Hot Flashes: "My hot flashes and night sweats were gone within 24 hrs. I had been having 3-4 an hour day and night. I still get a little warm off and on and sweat but totally doable. If you miss one the brain “flashes” start in about 24 hrs. Don’t miss one. I do 75 mg a day. No Libido, but no reason to think it’s the meds but I should research that."

Gayle (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Anxiety: "My panic attacks started in 2012 , I started taking Zoloft 50mg which was working well until 2018 when my panic attacks came back, and the worse was that my hands started shaking which I think can be side effects of Zoloft, since June 2018 my psychiatrist prescribed me Effexor XR, started 37.5 mg for 1 week and then 75mg and increased it to 112.5mg since August 2018. I am very happy, and I feel that it is working. Side effects were little nausea (If I take it with food it is much less ), sometimes I have headaches and in summer I was sweating a lot and some times I feel tachycardia. I believe tolerating the side effects are much easier than having panic attacks. The only problem that I have is may hands are still shaking specially when I am doing delicate things,"

Suzo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I see so many reviews here from people that gave up this medication after one day, five days, seven days. Guys, this medicine can take up to a MONTH to work. In the meantime, you might experience side effects like increased anxiety. Stick with it. It works for me - It might not for you, but please try it out properly (ie. for at least a month) before you knock it."

Gaute (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

Effexor (venlafaxine) for Depression: "I've been on Effexor XR 37.5mg for 2 weeks now for anxiety and depression and am seeing good results already. Generally my mood is never stable, this medication has started to even everything out and I go through my days feeling content. My anxiety is subsiding and my mood and energy levels have increased. I find myself having tons of energy at times and not knowing what to do with myself, I am hoping that will even its self out. My first week of Effexor I had extreme fatigue and irritability that was difficult to deal with. So far my experience has been good and I am very hopeful. A lot of people go online to complain about their bad experiences, don't let that scare you away, everyone works differently."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Effexor RX has changed my life. I have had constant adrenaline and anxiety all day everyday. I couldn't make eye contact. I was chemically depressed for years. No memory, slow speech. Skin numb, no emotions, no goals. 75mg of Effexor and I can make small talk, I like people, I am starting to look forward to each day. Side effects: higher blood pressure, frequent urination, thirst, and it messed with my thyroid getting on it. (Go gradually on and taper off when changing dosages). Hoard extras to make sure you do not experience rapid withdrawal if for some reason you can't get any."

MMDandANXIETY (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

For Depression: "Life changer! Best medication ever for depression! I started taking it 2 months ago and with in 1-2 weeks I started feeling myself again! I was deeply depressed and had no hopes or goals in life! Ever since I stated taking this medication I become more happy setting goals and reaching them!"

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

For Hot Flashes: "I was experiencing not just hot flashes, but what I called flu flashes because it felt like I had the worst flu ever when they happened. I was getting more than 20 a day and it was obviously greatly affecting my life. I sucked it up for almost 5 years because I didn't want to do HRT. Effexor saved my life. 75 mg and they have almost totally disappeared. I can handle 1 or 2 in the evening."

Pammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and ASD. It didn’t do anything for my anxiety, it did minimal for my depression, but it did drastically decrease my irritably which is good. The reason I can only give Effexor XR a 1 though is because of the HORRIBLE withdrawal symptoms I had coming off of it. And no, I was not abusing it, I was taking it as prescribed. I have been on other drugs such as Adderall and Xanax, which are known to cause bad withdrawal symptoms, but neither of those drugs caused a withdrawal anywhere near as severe as Effexor XR did to me."

Otsutsuki (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2019

Effexor (venlafaxine) for Depression: "I started taking Effexor about 2 years ago now. At first a started at the lowest dose and found it did nearly nothing for me. However over time as we slowly increased it I found my depression did majorly decrease. I had been unable to get out of bed, had suicidal thoughts, no interest in relationships before beginning the drug. After about 6 months I found I was managing my depression much better. However it is still a daily fight. I also found I have a huge drop in sex drive due to the medication."

Em January 7, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was taking sertraline for about 9 years for anxiety and panic disorder. Suddenly I had severe depression and sertraline stopped working. I tried different medications but was not able to recover completely. Venalafaxine worked great for me and all my residual symptoms are gone. I definitely recommend this drug."

Ram (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Anxiety: "I just got switched to venlafaxine today for severe depression and panic attacks. I was beat and molested by my father for 15 years. I thought it was normal to be unhappy. I'm not taking all this unhappiness anymore .Thank you for giving me a heads up on this medication."

scared (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Hot Flashes: "I started taking Venla 12/27/18 for hot flashses. I was having them all day every day and night; had me in tears...miserable for 2 months. After only 3 days of 75mg twice a day they have stopped. The first day I was very nauseous but it went away by day 2. I experience some insomia and loss of appetite, but I can live with that. I've set my phone to remind me to take them every 12 hours to avoid relapse or withdrawals. Hope this helps someone skeptical about taking Venla. Oh I'm 50, my last period was in October, not sure if it's gone for good or related to the D&C I had in November. Maybe I'm menopause...who knows???"

Meechie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was on Venlafaxine 300mg for about 4 years. I also took Pregabalin and Sulpiride (anti-psychotic) at the same time. When I started on the meds I was in a very bad place and I needed a chemical 'fix' to get me back on my feet. I believe that Venlafaxine was a crucial part of treatment to give me room to work on other strategies with a therapist. I won't pretend that there were not nasty side effects because there were. This is not a medication for people with minor complaints, it is for people with serious mental health issues. I have recently come off the medication completely but I would not hesitate to take it again if I need to. As it is I am still seeing a therapist and I use benzos infrequently when I get a wobble. I attempted suicide 4 years ago, now, in part because of Venlafaxine I am learning to be a much happier and healthier person. As for withdrawal effects, mine were not too bad at all."

Bogmonster December 31, 2018

For Depression: "Initially I felt light headed and very calm, I was able be a better listener, my senses were much clearer and I had a general feeling of 'mindfulness'. I felt brain zaps at times. I became more business like and I felt detached from feeling. I don't like myself on this medication. I have little empathy for people now and I feel very matter-of-fact. I tend to be bolder in telling family and friends things I don't agree with. So, in a sense I get some benefit because I'm not hesitant in giving constructive criticism. But I've also lost my spirit, my mojo. I have no interest in participating in anything. If I had it my way, I'd be more comfortable if I could go and live alone on the moon. This on not for me. Take good care everyone. X"

Chase December 28, 2018

Effexor (venlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on effexor for 15 years. 6 months ago the hospital put it up to 375mg. Now it seem's that dose is no longer working for me. I also feel afraid to change drugs after being on it for so long."

Racky (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2018

Effexor XR (venlafaxine) for Depression: "I took my first and last effexor pill. I've been up for 24+hours and that's not me at all. I've had a severe headache as well as blurred vision. My doctor will know about this."

Lowman (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Depression: "I have been on effexor for 17 days and cannot stand it. Although it has helped my anxiety I feel detached from life and totally unmotivated to do anything. I was prescribed the drug for my driving anxiety. It has worked for that but it's not worth it when I am too unmotivated to drive anyways. It made me feel weird. I didn't really care about anything. I just existed . I chose to go off of it and I'm starting to feel alive again."

Anonymous December 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed 150 mg a day. But I decided to start myself at 75mg. The first day my anxiety was super bad, I was shaking, didn’t eat, had to leave my classes because I was so irritable and couldn’t sit still. I got home and my pupils were HUGE. The second day I had a migraine, dilated pupils, shaking uncontrollably, nauseous, no appetite, random muscle spasms, lost feeling in my legs randomly, bad anxiety, chest pains. My migraine got worse throughout the day and while on this you can’t take many pain relievers, so I tried to sleep it off. After an hour I woke up. I knew something felt wrong. I had felt out of body for the 2 days I was on it but I had my friend rush me to the hospital and I passed out multiple times, threw up, still had all the same symptoms as previously listed. I was super dehydrated. The doctors hooked me up to an IV for a few hours to get rid of my symptoms. Not saying you shouldn’t try it but I would recommend trying something else before this."

NikNak December 16, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Weird drug. I think it helped at first and really eased a lot of the really dim days initially. I continued to take it over the course of several years and in hindsight, I don't think it was quite right for me. I became a bit out-of-character, high-strung and weird. Maybe slightly bipolar but possibly a reaction to very difficult times and lots of change. Some of my worst periods of mental illness were on this stuff; my doctor had me on 300mg+ at one point, things were very flat, dysphoric and my adrenals were certainly working. I was a bit suicidal and a little detached at points. I eventually ditched it, experienced some lack-of-energy brain-zappy withdrawal for a while. I spent a few months drug free then found meds I suite a lot better. If you're still feeling depressed/despaired and it seems like your perception of the world has become cold/weird and you're agitated, I strongly advise you to speak to your doctor and try something new."

biscuits (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...