User Reviews for Rexulti

Learn more about Rexulti.

Depression 12 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 58 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Schizophrenia 9 reviews 42 medications

4.8
Summary of Rexulti reviews 79 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Rexulti

For Major Depressive Disorder "I would give this drug a 10 if it didn't make me gain a little weight. I have had depression my whole life and also have ADD and OCD. It seems to be helping with my depression AND my OCD. I am not taking any other anti-depressants and maybe that is the key. I know it's supposed to be an add on, but my Dr. said I could take it alone. I am also taking Sam e which only helps a bit. I have been taking Rexulti for only about a month. It started working after only a few days and I hope it doesn't stop working. I have taken so many other anti depressants all with side effects or they only worked for a while. I have even had Trans cranial Magnetic Stimulation and it didn't work for me. :("

Doone2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Great experience going from abilify to rexulti although abilify did me a tad better."

Danielle76 March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on rexulti for about a year. a lifesaver!! I'm no longer stricken by depression and doomed with sadness and unmotivated. Rexulti has given me life back and I actually want to leave the house and do things. great medication, not for everyone tho. I also did gain 30 pounds. only downside"

ram ram tom ram March 16, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "So far I've been loving the way this med has effected my depression and anxiety! It's helping me function normally. Things have gotten a lot better since taking rexulti and I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with MDD. I can only hope it continues to work for me! I've had some minor side effects, but nothing terrible."

Gmarie365 March 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I am not sure how many months I have been on this medication, but while I have been on it I have managed to gain almost 10 pounds. I do not feel like I over-eat either. The weight just seems to pile on. I feel incredibly sleepy during the day. So much so that on most days I take a long nap. I have very little energy. My stomach seems to bloat out more. Otherwise I seem to be doing just fine, both mentally and physically. So if you don't mind being fat, lazy, and lifeless; but not crazy; this might just be the drug for you!"

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Hi, I was taking this drug for depression. While on this drug a few weeks I suffered a T I A... A small stroke. I was also on medication for high blood pressure, thyroid , cholesterol and depression and a pain medication After my T I A , I am on aspirin, plus a blood thinner, nerve pain, and a higher dose of my blood pressure pill. Has any one else had a stroke on this medication"

Roezilla (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been dealing on a daily basis with a chronic low grade anxiety and lethargy / tiredness"

Playoutdoors (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "Has anyone gained weight on this"

gatorgirl61 February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "If you have any anxiety, do NOT take Rexulti! I had very severe panic attacks so Bad that I had to go to the ER. And they will not go away unless you go to the ER. One day I had 5 attacks back to back with my 15 yr old begging me to call an ambulance. They would not stop happening! My jaw would lock up, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and felt like I was dying. Nothing I did at home would stop them. Was a terrifying experience!!"

drod1981 February 1, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Started and have stayed on the very lowest mg. of Rexulti.( for roughly four months) Almost immediately I felt so much better, and as the days went on, I felt "alive" again. Did have an issue with hot flashes, but it didn't last long. My Pdoc is trying to see if I can get a reduction on the cost of this med. Hope he can, because if not, I have no other med that works for me, and it's back to doomsville again. I have D.I.D., PTSD; anxiety, and panic disorder. This drug really keeps me focused, and on an even emotional keel. Very pleased."

squididly face January 17, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "First couple weeks were good but after that had a lot of nervous energy and a lot of waking up thoroughout the night. About a month in a began having intrusive thoughts and had to be hospitalized. They took me off the Rexulti and the intrusive thoughts went away after about two days."

Sharlynn123 January 5, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I was taking this for ADD .right now I had to stop taking it the doc was giving me samples n I ran out waiting for my insurance co to give the ok . This med has changed my life. My thinking is very scattered like there's a radio on in my head. It's like the rexulti shut the radio off I can think so clear. My thinking is not jumping around When I am on it.I look forward to things Not bored. Want to try new things. Organizing comes so easy"

Donna mar December 29, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "The only side effects I have after 2 weeks of this drug is confusion. It has greatly improved my depression."

Ms. Bella December 12, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Can't say this med is helping after about 6 weeks. On 2mg daily, went off my Effexor XR I was on for over 10 years. I take 200mg Trazadone at bedtime and have for years and always slept fine. Nothing has helped the Schizo or major depression in all my adult life. This Rexulti? I have not slept one night since starting it! I go to sleep, then wake up in like an hour or two and am wide awake until my alarm clock goes off in the morning. What scares me is that I am like a zombie. A very tired zombie. Ugh"

sleepless in ohio (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was severely depressed for several months. My Dr. Tried everything that I could tolerate. I am on Trintellix & Klonopin. I started on the sample pack up to 1 mg. I snapped out of the hard depression within 10 days. I felt super. I talked Dr. in to an increase to 2 mg. I was irritable and nervous. I went back on 1 mg. and was back to my happy self. I would highly recommend Rexulti to anyone with hard to treat depression. This medication gets a full 10."

Ala5000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have MDD severe/recurrent, gen anx w/a big social element, ADD & intrusive thoughts. I was about ready to go to an inpatient facility until my doc prescribed Rexulti. While still on the starter pack, I noticed significant improvement. I also take Effexor&Klonopin. (Ritilan for the ADD) I have mixed feelings about the side effects. I was super morbidly obese and lost 1/2 of my body weight. The weight-gain, up at 3-3:30 am and severe am dizziness are starting to wear me out. My doc says no more than 6 months but I have gained 7lbs in 3 weeks so I am not sure I want to see how much I will gain over the next 5 1/2 months...but, I was 1st diagnosed at 16, now 44 & I will say this drug is a lifesaver. Discount card program makes it 0.00!"

Charisma72 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was put on half a mg for a week, then titrated to 1 mg. Everything was cool until about the 3rd or 4th wk I started feeling overhwelmed and ridiculously tired to where I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then it progrogressed to full blown anxiety in my POV. I never thought it could be rexulti until I finally saw my doc who took me off straight away after seeing how anxious I was. I can hardly deal with my son or life. He sadly has to calm himself as noise and lots of energy around me exascerbate my anxiety. I've been completely off for a day but I'm wondering how long it will be before I'm not anxious. I hope not the 2-4 weeks my doc said. I can't keep living with all this anxiety and tiredness and wanting to cry all the time."

Kiara ranae November 15, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had mdd for over 50 years and have been on nearly every anti-depressant and booster out there. I have a really fast metabolism, I only started on rexulti 3 weeks ago but I swear I started at zero and I'm now at least at 9! Great stuff!!!"

winter53 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Rexulti for a month. It was added in addition to my Zoloft 150mg and Klonopin 1mg regimen after I told my psychiatrist that I felt like I was right on the brink of breaking out of my depression, but couldn't quite get there. I started with the sample pack, which consists of a week of .5mg tablets and a week of 1mg tablets. After about the 4th day, I started feeling better -- more energy, less anxiety. When I upped the dose to 1mg on the second week, I felt even better. At the end of the 2 weeks, I felt 100% myself. The only side effects I've experienced are slight insomnia (waking up in the middle of the night) and increased appetite. But I've got my life back, so it's worth it. I love this drug. It saved my life."

clemencline November 7, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was prescribed Rexulti when my daily depression meds began to no longer work for me. It started working almost instantly I have been on Rexulti along with my daily meds, and I have been feeling better then ever."

Geo 516 November 7, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I'm only in my second week of the Rexulti, but feeling terrible. Hot flashes, dizziness, blurred vision, weight gain, bloating, shortness of breath, and suicidal thoughts. My depression feels much worse! I'm kind of at the end of my rope because I've tried everything else, even MAOI's. But I'm definitely going to have to get off of this med. :("

Obeewonkenobi (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Probably the best antipsychotic I have ever been. I have only responded to Abilify and yet I still had some intense residual depressive, obsessive compulsive, insomnia and anxiety symptoms not allowing me to function well half the time--the side effects of abilify were also too much. My doctor told me about rexulti and how it is a better and more cleaner version of abilify, therefore I agreed to try it. I have now been on it for a year and it has helped me in ways that I am glad that I switched to it. The only issue is that it still causes weight gain and diabetes but these are less severe than on abilify. It is worth dealing with those side effects because now I no longer have insomnia and can function thanks to rexulti."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm taking this for Bipolar 2 with major depressive disorder that has been treatment resistant for over 5 years. Rexulti is the first drug that has ever worked for me. I have tried virtually everything previously with things making me a zombie, worse than I was or simply nothing at all. Rexulti has been a miracle drug for me. It does give me insomnia so I'm going to try to switch to taking it in the morning to see if that helps. I am on a 2 mg dose."

Zippy299 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been diagnosed over the years, in turn, as having (1) atypical anxiety; (2) PTSD; (3) bipolar 2; (4) MDD. I have been on many drugs over the years and most recently, Zoloft (stopped due to severe insomnia); Cymbalta (stopped due to sexual side effects); Latuda (stopped due to insomnia) and most recently, Rexulti. My mood and depression have greatly improved over the course of a week being on this drug, but the insomnia it engenders is very difficult. I wake every 2 hours and have to really work, with relaxation tapes, to get back to sleep, or I occasionally take .5 mg Klonopin. I have an extremely demanding work life and the lack of sleep is a big issue. If it resolves, I will say I'm very satisfied with this drug."

Elliot C. (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was put on 2mg Rexulti once a day after my 10mg day dose of Abilify stopped working. I noticed positive changes on the Rexulti within a week. It does make me tired, so I take it at bedtime along with 60mg of Cymbalta. I am definitely less angry feeling, less moody, and haven't had any crying spells since starting it 3 months ago. I definitely think it is more effective than Abilify was for me. Has not effected my weight or libido any. I would say It's working as intended, and 2mg seems to be a good therapeutic dose."

LauraL43 September 30, 2016