User Reviews for Rexulti

Learn more about Rexulti.

Depression 16 reviews 79 medications

7.9
Major Depressive Disorder 70 reviews 46 medications

6.7
Schizophrenia 11 reviews 42 medications

4.8
Summary of Rexulti reviews 97 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Rexulti

For Depression "I've been trying different combinations of medicines for a good 6 years. I was put on Trintellex about a year ago, and that helped some, but my depression was still disabling. Recently, I went to my psychiatrist and asked for a change in medication. She decided to add rexulti as an add-on to my Trintellex. The result has been phenomenal. I feel better than I have in years. I have more energy, I'm less anxious, and I've been able to leave my house without feeling overhelmed at all. This medicine has is working VERY well for me."

WR2496 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Will be starting med tomorrow? Dr. suggested this med but I am skeptical because Abilify gave me akathisia! I hope Rexulti works for me. I am also quite surprised how quickly it works for many people. Instead of weeks, it usually works in days. Looking for a good med!"

Johnnyboy4566 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Rexulti for 2 weeks. I also take 150mg of Zoloft, 200 mg Trazadone, 30mg vyvanse and xanax ER. I have more energy, I can actually leave the house now, I laugh and don't worry as much. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because of some slight nausea, headaches and my tinnitus has gotten worse. Hopefully those things will go away soon "

Blessed00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started this medication about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm on 1 mg. It's an add on to my Viibryd 60mg and Buproprion SR 200 mg. This pill has really worked great for me. It's given me energy and the motivation I need to get stuff done. My family has noticed the difference. On the downside is that I am restless and it's given me a bit of insomnia. My doc told me we can solve that by taking the dose as soon as I wake up. I start that tomorrow am. It's also made me want to night binge eat snacks more than ever. But I've learned my lesson with past medications and make sure never to have snacks available at home. So far so good. I'm making progress with my medication, psychiatrist, and psychologist. I have hope."

eyedepressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Rexulti 1 mg for a year after being on Abilify for a year or longer taken off because it didn't work and I gain a lot of weight. I feel more depressed (crying for no reason), no energy and I am having more anxiety attacks. I have also gained 20 more pounds. I want off. I am also on Fetzima and Klonapin."

Gnine0326 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on 1 mg for two weeks. Depression has lifted quickly. No weight gain as of yet. Had headaches for the first three days. Overall a promising start"

Kel12347 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have OCD/MDD/ASD .I was leery of taking this med, especially since I had trouble on Abilify. Abilify worked for me but came with EVERY side effect so I had to go off of it. So a new doc decided to give Rexulti a try since it's very similar and Rexulti is supposed to be "better". A couple of days on it and I was already getting harsh side effects; worse than when I was on Abilify. I started having stomach pains, sore throats, and near fainting spells. I nearly caused a scene in Wal-mart due to feeling lightheaded. Now I've had panic attacks before and these near fainting spells were not it. I've also started to become nauseous around anything sweet (possible high blood sugar?) The only plus is it helped me sleep."

Stardustpug (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My psych doc just added this rexulta to my med list. Im already taking klonopin and triliptal and effexor. I am scared to death to start rexulta. I do not want to gain weight!!!"

Ladybug6 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Rexulti has been a life changer! I'm on 1mg. I know that's not a lot, but it's worked so well for me. Way less depressed mood than usual. I have Bipolar Type II. This was an add on to Trileptal and it's really been amazing for me. Would definitely recommend to others :)"

skilld (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have chronic depression (dysthymia) & anxiety, & the depression worsened recently despite being on Zoloft & Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist suggested we try Rexulti & wean me off the Wellbutrin. I started on 1mg, & I had a slight headache for the first two days. After that, I felt like I was doing a little better and my husband commented that I was more active than usual. My dose went up to 2mg a couple days ago. Now I feel like I can really tell a difference! I haven't felt depressed, I have more focus and creativity at work, & I've actually had enough motivation to do chores at home. I'm a little restless, which I'll keep an eye on, but I haven't noticed any other side effects besides that and the temporary headache. I'm optimistic!"

LizziP June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Rexulti has helped my bipolar mania in so many way. From previous experience with antipsychotics, I was expecting side effects like increased appetite, excessive sleepiness, etc. I did get akathisia when I first began, but I did begin at 3mg (a high dose). I reduced back down to 0.5 and gradually increased to 1mg. So far (1.5 months), I have seen extreme improvement in my mood and sleep schedule. I feel more motivated and am getting more of my responsibilities done. My social anxiety is pretty much gone as is my GAD. The only issues I have is periodically having trouble falling asleep, but this is not significant. Overall, I think Rexulti has really helped me in many ways and I attribute the positive results in my recent life to Rexulti"

Mmaryland June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Rexulti for about 2-3 months after taking Abilify for about 10 years, which I had to quit for various reasons. Rexulti is great for my depression; I've had zero anxiety, and it's really the only drug out there that works for me at this point. I didn't give it the full 10 points for two reasons. The first reason is I get really hot when I go outside in moderate, 70 degree temperatures. I can't handle hardly any heat! Second, while 2mg works great now, getting up to that dose is hard! I was sleep-deprived for the first month on 1/2mg, and until I got up to my current does, I didn't sleep very well. One other thing, this medication does better for me without Topamax! Apparently Topamax can minimize the effects of Rexulti!"

Sparkler (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "for the first week I took this, I had some nausea and very intense sleepiness that made me take one and even 2 naps during the day. But I changed the time of day I took it and that seemed to help. For the first month I was sooo happy, and a lot less delusional. I'm not quite sure where it all went wrong. Now, my delusions have worsened, I've developed an intense phobia of driving and being in a car in general. I have many intrusive thoughts and honestly I'm considering stopping it. Which sucks because it worked there for awhile. I wouldn't say don't take this medicine, but pay attention to your body and be wary of any anxiety you're experiencing and talk to your doctor to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand."

Suzanne L June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Rexulti has given me back my normal life . I have been on Effexor for 5 yrs & it stopped working as well , my anxiety had started to sky rocket . my Psych. added this 1mg a day and within 3 day I could feel a difference . Within 5 days I could fall asleep guickly again , I woke @ 8:30 am after sleeping 8.5 hrs instead of 12 . I have accomplished more in 2 hrs this am than I have for a month. I am relaxed, anxiety is almost gone & it does not make you feel like you are speeding . The only side affect I had was some loose bowels the first 3 days , now all is fine . SOOOOO glad this work , I was afraid that I would have to get my meds changed . It feels nice to be living my life again ."

LILLIann20 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "So I was taking Rexulti for about 4 months and I had to get taken off it. When I first started taking it I felt so much better I thought hey this will work but nope. After a month I started having slight anxiety and when my doctor increased the Rexulti the anxiety got worse to the point where I couldn't drive at all because I was so scared of getting into an accident or my car suddenly stopping in the middle of the road. When I woke up in the morning during the week when my dad had already gone to work I had to check every room in the house to make sure no one had gone inside, and when I had to go into a dark room by myself I was scared that someone was around the corner ready to kill me. I'm off it and the anxiety is less but not gone."

Cinn Marie May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've taken several antidepressants, and had restlessness with Abilify. Now I'm taking Wellbutrin and Rexulti (1mg) and I feel wonderful. I feel like my old self again. I'm thirty years old and haven't felt this good since I was probably 19. Really good med. No side effects so far."

Happy_girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Very dizzy and lightheaded and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Don't get prescribed this medication. Also I feel groggy and sleepy."

johnsmith00000000000 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Rexulti for a little over 2 months. I started on 0.5 mg the first week and moved up to 1.0 mg the second week. I am taking it as an add-on to my Lexapro 40mgs for MDD. My depression was almost immediately better, but by the second week my anxiety was HORRIBLE!! I began getting sores in my mouth from the constant movement of my tongue. It's uncontrollable, as is the eye blinking. I stay tired from my body being tense 24/7. My Dr took my dosage down to 0.5 mg and increased my Ativan but I'm still not doing any better. I'm fixing to stop it completely. I pray that the issues with my tongue and eyes will go away once I stop taking it."

Harley**57 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I would give this drug a 10 if it didn't make me gain a little weight. I have had depression my whole life and also have ADD and OCD. It seems to be helping with my depression AND my OCD. I am not taking any other anti-depressants and maybe that is the key. I know it's supposed to be an add on, but my Dr. said I could take it alone. I am also taking Sam e which only helps a bit. I have been taking Rexulti for only about a month. It started working after only a few days and I hope it doesn't stop working. I have taken so many other anti depressants all with side effects or they only worked for a while. I have even had Trans cranial Magnetic Stimulation and it didn't work for me. :("

Doone2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Great experience going from abilify to rexulti although abilify did me a tad better."

Danielle76 March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on rexulti for about a year. a lifesaver!! I'm no longer stricken by depression and doomed with sadness and unmotivated. Rexulti has given me life back and I actually want to leave the house and do things. great medication, not for everyone tho. I also did gain 30 pounds. only downside"

ram ram tom ram March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "So far I've been loving the way this med has effected my depression and anxiety! It's helping me function normally. Things have gotten a lot better since taking rexulti and I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with MDD. I can only hope it continues to work for me! I've had some minor side effects, but nothing terrible."

Gmarie365 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I am not sure how many months I have been on this medication, but while I have been on it I have managed to gain almost 10 pounds. I do not feel like I over-eat either. The weight just seems to pile on. I feel incredibly sleepy during the day. So much so that on most days I take a long nap. I have very little energy. My stomach seems to bloat out more. Otherwise I seem to be doing just fine, both mentally and physically. So if you don't mind being fat, lazy, and lifeless; but not crazy; this might just be the drug for you!"

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Hi, I was taking this drug for depression. While on this drug a few weeks I suffered a T I A... A small stroke. I was also on medication for high blood pressure, thyroid , cholesterol and depression and a pain medication After my T I A , I am on aspirin, plus a blood thinner, nerve pain, and a higher dose of my blood pressure pill. Has any one else had a stroke on this medication"

Roezilla (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been dealing on a daily basis with a chronic low grade anxiety and lethargy / tiredness"

Playoutdoors (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017