User Reviews for Rexulti

Schizophrenia
5.6

Summary of Rexulti reviews 6.5 177 reviews

Reviews for Rexulti

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is an intense drug. At first it seemed to be working, I wasn’t prepared for the side effects. My depression seemed better . I had just moved when I first started it. Keep in mind every medication works differently for people. I didn’t think to check the side effects until I had too but I just wasn’t acting like me. The medication had enhanced my anxiety tenfold. The depersonalization and the intrusive thoughts had me to where it was all I could do to recollect myself. I had just moved so I didn't have a regular doctor. The last few weeks I was on this medication were tough. I managed to get into a better place and now know a few reasons why I am strong. I wouldn’t recommend this medication to myself again. This medicine seems to have helped some people and that’s great. Depending on why you take it. Be careful if you interact badly with it be aware of your situation, be aware of the side effects, be aware of who you are in your heart, and be aware that therapy is a lot easier."

MAKen2032 December 9, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been on lexapro 15 MG and rexulti 1 MG. Depressions gone but after being on this for one month anxiety is MUCH worse. Also I gained 10 pounds and am always tired. Two weeks ago I started having full body tremors where I lose consciousness. Was tested by neurologist who believes this was caused by anxiety. Now my doctor increased both meds. Terrified of increased anxiety and having more seizure type episodes."

Mindy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is by far the most effective antidepressant I have ever taken, after 23 years of drug therapy, and numerous combinations. The only side effect has been some mania, causing me to feel like my "brain is on fire"! So I do suffer from insomnia, mostly because of the increased brain activity. But I had insomnia before taking Rexulti, so this is not a new symptom. The "mania" is not a negative; I am extremely productive and never get sad, stuck or depressed."

Scotchie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been suffering from MDD, rexulti has stopped me from going into deep depressive states which is huge! Unfortunately I think it’s what’s been making me so terribly tired. I struggle immensely to go through the day now without falling asleep. Being near sleep tired during work is absolutely terrible I wonder if I should stop taking the medicine at times. It’s worked great for my MDD though"

Kyle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Chest pains, headaches galore. Not to mention my memory has been horrible and my legs have been very restless. Thursday (11/22/18) I was relaxing, calm. But then there was a ringing in my ears as there had been everyday 3 days prior. I began to feel like I was dying, which was me beginning to panic due to the effects I've been having. I haven't had health anxiety since I was 8 years old. I'm 18 now, but never this bad. I began to get agitated very quickly and I couldn't stop moving. I was pacing around my house, moving my legs, rocking back and forth and threatening my parents as I grew more agitated and feeling like I was in a cage. I could not get in touch with my prescriber so I had to go to the ER. Eventually, I got tired and it subsided so I did not need the sedative the hospital staff wanted to give me. Blood work, EKG and urine test all fine. I've been on it for roughly 6-8 weeks and it stopped working."

Sarah November 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started with .5 and had ophthalmic migraines but laughed for the first time in a long time; went down to .25 and the ophthalmic migraines ceased. Now, after about three weeks, irritability level is off the charts; swollen nasal passages a/k/a nasopharyngitis, hives, urticaria a/k/a welts, alternate between constipation and diarrhea, so so tired, a daily headache and difficulty breathing. And very weird dreams; awakening 2-3 times a night. So, to sum it up - great at first; now side effects make me wonder about continuing to take it. (Oh, and had to file an appeal with my insurance company to cover it.)"

Kb (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I wouldn't recommend this drug at all, made me feel extremely anxious and nervous all the time!!"

Cr (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've see a couple other posts saying the same thing I have experienced. Rexulti worked WONDERFULLY for 3 months then it just stopped working and I'm back to my old depression/anxiety self. I was so happy those 3 months and I though I was 'done'--problems solved! Dr has increased the dosage but I don't feel anything. Like some of you I am very disappointed that my great summer free from anxiety and depression has ended."

JR380 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "If I could give this medication a 0, I would. My psychiatrist prescribed me a low dosage of Rexulti to help boost my "regular" antidepressant. After beginning this medication I felt paralyzed from my body to my increase in anxiety. I had no control of my motor skills which was dangerous because while driving my foot would tremor/bounce off of the gas & break pedals. I couldn't move my hands or grasp things properly and it absolutely terrified me after reviewing the side effects because motor movements was one if them and it stated it might not be able to be reversed. I immediately ceased this medication, the craziness stopped, and I would never go near it again."

Kelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Depression "I was put on this medication to help with the fatigue I’ve been experiencing for close to 2 years. I was taking it in conjunction with Cipralex (20 mg) which I’ve been on for 8 years. I was taking 0.5 mg of Rexulti for the past 3 months and my energy levels were great. Unfortunately it made me gain 20 pounds in that time. My appetite was out of control... seriously, I was eating out like 4-5 times per week and binging at night. Insane. I just went off of it close to 2 weeks ago and after 2 days my appetite went back to normal. I just can’t be on antipsychotics."

Natalie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

For Depression "Dear God, save me from this drug.I took this for 2-3 months, violently sick 2 my stomach daily. My doc tried a variety of antidiarrea pills to no avail; I lived in the bathroom. I worked to d/c thru a slow taper, causing the worst drug w/d I've ever encountered. Going from 2mg to 1mg I threw up IN my car TWICE, & walked around w/intense nausea. I had to taper at a 1/4 mg after that, sick throughout. I eventually got off-a near wk ago, & bc of its lovely 91 hr 1/2 life I'm still stuck in the bathroom. I wake up nightly, rushing to the bathroom. It's lightening-up but "better" has never been such a relative word. I guess a decrease from 20+ trips without warning to 7-8 times with a "manageable" 15 minute daytime warning is an improvement, but it's not quality of life. No prior major stomach issues, just this nasty pill that's caused a complete life interruption. At the very start of a stomach issue I'd advise tapering off, there is no drug known to man that can control Rexulti's effects on your GI track."

crazydude81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Depression "The Doctor gave me 14 day trial and after second day I felt change. I went from dark place, hearing voices and other issues. To almost being the women I was 3 years ago. I'm HAPPY AGAIN and with that been said I'm motivated and I stopped sleeping long hours out of day. Depression disorder is such hard thing to overcome. And finally now I feel courage to move on. The only problem I've is my out of pocket cost $250. And at moment I do not have money resources. I lost my job over 2 years and had accident year ago in which I'm still recovering. I'm saving every penny to buy month supply."

Go,nel (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on rexulti for 4 months. The first 2 months were amazing I felt like my old self I was able to get back to enjoying life!! Then one day it just stopped working. My doctor tried increasing the dosage which would help for a day or 2 but now I'm back to square one if not worse. I really had faith in this medicine :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had problems with major depression and anxiety my entire adult life. I was on an SSRI (Zoloft then Paxil) for many years. When I hit menopause 4 years ago, the SSRI's stopped working and my depression worsened. My depression became very severe this past year and I had periods in which I was having suicidal thoughts. I have tried many different medications over the past 4 years, especially the past year. I saw a second psychiatrist for a second opinion and was diagnosed with TRD (Treatment Resistant Depression). I tried several med trials. I felt like a human chemistry experiment. I was starting to lose hope of finding a medication that would work for me. My psychiatrist started me on Rexulti 2 weeks ago and for the first time in over a year I am not in the gutter of depression. The fog has finally lifted. I am taking 0.5mg/day. I noticed a difference within a week. I also take Seroquel 200mg QHS, Dexadrine 10mg in the morning and Clonazepam 1mg prn"

AJ63 October 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am 23 years old and have struggled with PTSD, BP, and MDD for more than half my life. This has caused problems off and on with impotence and libido amongst other things. At 16, I was diagnosed with Bipolar II by a psychiatrist. I never gave meds a chance because I thought "only crazy people take meds". This past year, I have stuck with 400mg Lamictal and it has balanced me for the most part. Not too long ago, I had a fight with my S/O and had a dangerous impulse decision. My psychiatrist now put me on Rexulti 2 weeks ago and it has already changed my daily life. I have rediscovered my confidence and my patient partner doesn't have to be so patient when it comes to the bedroom. I give this drug a 10/10. But what works for me might not work for you.. But heed this... I feel better than I did before."

doggo212 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Depression "I have had depression for years. I have ADHD also. I take wellbutrin, adderall and trazadone for it all. I have been on rexulti for a 3 weeks now. I have not gained any weight. I have lost 10lbs so far with WW on it. I am a full time college student. Rexulti has helped me more with of my ADHD symptoms. It has helped with my concentration also. I am glad they finally have come out with something that I am able to actually loose weight on."

LFR September 25, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm up to 2 mg a day but it really hasn't helped all I do is sit and cry all day I have no energy, no drive, no motivation but it has increased my appetite and that's not a good thing I'm overweight now."

Peggy September 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Mixed bag. On the positive side, it can pull you out of a dark hole really quick. On the negative, I'm starting to suspect it is causing a lot of my anger and irritation symptoms to go off the charts. I'm going to try going off of it for a few days again and if that makes me feel better, time to call my doc for something else."

Josh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Rexulti/Brexpiprazole has been amazing for my lifestyle while dealing with Schizophrenia. When I was on Risperidone, I was having trouble getting up for work, and was getting to work late at 10-10.30am. I also had two episodes of acute Schizophrenia on a low dose Risperidone over 4 years. The side effects on a higher dose of risperidone made me feel lethargic and tired all day. However, on an equivalent dose of Rexulti, the voices are not there anymore. Intrusive thoughts are more controlled. And I get up early enough in the morning to get to work by 8.30-9! Has happened for two weeks now, and I'm pretty sure this will continue, because I don't feel the same lethargy as I did on risperidone. So in effect, I'm on a relatively high dose, but the side effects are much lower than risperidone. I am really happy with the results."

Dipodo September 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I never thought I would feel alive again. I have struggled with major depressive disorder for six years. I’ve been on many medications hoping each time it would be the “magic pill.” When I started Rexulti it took about two weeks for me to feel the positive impact of the medication. I feel present and a part of life again. I can get out of bed and do things and be happy!!!! I am grateful for Rexulti and how it has helped me."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The doctor said it would work fast if it’s going to work. I finally feel like my old self, before all the stress and trauma I had years ago, which I believe triggered my condition. Abilify worked before but it’s too expensive. I never thought I’d have my concentration and memory and happiness back! But it’s here!"

V (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Depression "I think I have finally found what works for me! It took a lot of trial and error. I am currently on Pristiq (the generic kind) 100mg, Rexulti 1mg, and Vyvanse 75mg everyday. I take the Vyvanse and half an mg of Rexulti in the morning and Pristiq and another half an mg of Rexulti at night. The 1mg Rexulti all at once gave me anxiety by the end of the day. Now I have back my passion, my drive, and excitement for life! I have anxiety, depression, and ADD, but these medications balance out everything correctly."

Cuteme87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had daily depression since 1983. I’ve literally tried over 30 meds over the years maybe way more. Currently I take 250mg of Effexor, 60mg of Adderall, 4mg Lorazapam and Ambien It has kept me alive but I can barely earn a living for my family (I am the sole provider for family of 6). My motivation and drive are non existent. I started Rexulti 3 days ago at .5mg and I already see a difference. It’s too early to really endorse the drug but I wanted to share my early reaction. I’ll check in again if the website allows"

Heromaker4 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Rexulti is the first anti-psychotic I've been on with no apparent side effects. It has my schizophrenia under control and has completely gotten rid of my voices. It also helps control my paranoia, psychosis, and helps with my gut-wrenching anxiety so I can get out of my apartment and lead a normal life. I have nothing but good things to say about Rexulti."

Coryman616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This has been a great! I have had MDD and treatment resistant depression for over 4 years. It has been debilitating the last year/year and a half. I could not even get out of bed. This is my 3rd day on .5mg and I was able to get up at a normal time, stay awake all day, and do a few things around the house. It did hurt my stomach both days, but I'm willing to have a stomach ache if it means I can get back to life! It is expensive, but you can get the discount card from your doctor and then pay only $15/month."

Alec8125 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018