User Reviews for Rexulti

Rexulti has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 285 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Rexulti reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Depression 6.6
Major Depressive Disorder 6.4
Schizophrenia 5.1
Summary of Rexulti reviews 6.3 285 reviews

Reviews for Rexulti

Bob80009 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2020

For Depression: “This medication has been a lifesaver for me. Rexulti works really well for my depression. The only side effect that I do not like is feeling fatigued throughout the day but I’m on stimulants to help combat that. I highly recommend it!”

Rexulti Rebel · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 14, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I only have good things to say about Rexulti. It basically changed my life and quite literally got rid of my depression, most notably my anhedonia. It also improved my quality of sleep and my cognition (though that might be because of sleeping better). Rexulti has only ever made me feel good. I've never had any side effects from it, nor have I gained any weight because of it. I started on 0.5 mg daily and then increased to 1 mg daily, which is the dose I've stayed at for the past 2 1/4 years. Alongside Rexulti 1 mg daily I also take Fluoxetine 40 mg daily, Clonazepam 0.5 mg as needed, and Zolpidem ER 12.5 mg as needed for sleep.”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2020

For Depression: “Took the lowest dose for Rexulti for 3 days. By day 3 I knew something was really wrong. I couldn’t remember the day (1st time in my life), felt confused, weak (I’m an athlete), and couldn’t get out of bed. Thank God I stopped, as soon as my girlfriend and I noticed the same side effects. 3 days later I still feel lingering effects and feel obligated to warn others. Only try this as a last resort and make sure someone is with you 24 by 7.”

Nobody · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 19, 2020

For Depression: “I'm taking Rexulti for maybe a half year now. Realy helps me being less anxious, paranoid, depressed and my psychotic symptoms are gone! And I don't have any side effects! No weight gain or restless-legs like I used to have on other medications. For me, it really does help a lot.”

Mel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 16, 2020

For Depression: “I suffered from severe postpartum anxiety and a year after I had my baby I was still having severe bouts of anxiety even with being on an SSRI. My NP added Rexulti to my SSRI and I’ve never looked back. It completely evened me out. No more dips with crying or being anxious out of my mind. It has been a lifesaver and I finally feel like me again. If you are reading this and you’re like I was and terrified to try it, all I can say is, I’m so glad I did. It may change your life.”

KMF · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have MDD and am on Vyvanse 60mg, Trintellix 20mg, just added Rexulti 1mg today. I have not found anyone on this regimen. Most days, it was difficult to get out of bed. I could not focus on small tasks, lack of desire to do anything I once loved and enjoyed. Does anyone else take this regimen and can you share your experience? Rexulti day 1, stay tuned.”

Liz October 20, 2020

For Depression: “I was taking Rexulti for about 8 months. At first it was amazing and all of a sudden everything went down hill. I will NEVER go back on the drug. It made me extremely depressed, suicidal and reckless. It put me in a mental hospital because how dark my mood went. This medication is awful!!!!”

Lauren · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have Bipolar II with major depressive & Borderline Disorder and I started on .5mg per day for two weeks. I couldn't handle it, brought on a lot side effects. Once doc reduced to .25mg/day, I am feeling very good. The side effects are almost gone. It has helped immensely improved my day to day life with depression which was causing anxiety and other triggers for my mood disorders. I was on lamictal and trileptal before this. I switched entirely to Rexulti 6 weeks ago. Great part of this is quick to help depression. Bad part, tolerance is a bit tricky. Restlessness, digestive, insomnia was horrible when I was on wrong dose. Also, HUNGER is huge. I see why people have gained weight. I don't think it's like SSRIs where it screws w/ your metabolism. It just makes you hungry. Try to get a schedule down for eating and only eat at those times normal amounts of food. This helped me avoid weight gain. Highly recommend.”

sbout · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

For Depression: “I have been taking 2 mg Rexulti for 3 weeks now. My major depression has improved greatly. I now clean house, tend to my hygiene more, put on makeup, etc. I am interested in things again. Gained 4 lbs. but not sure it is because of the drug. My weight fluctuates anyway. I will give this a 10. It worked within 2 days.”

Greenbean · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2020

For Depression: “I was taking Zoloft for depression and Rexulti was added to it. At first I felt great but after about 2 weeks I became very reckless. I didn’t care about anything. I didn’t care about Ccnsequences of my actions. I did lots of stupid stuff. I stopped taking it.”

M · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2020

For Depression: “If I'm being honest, it's done nothing for me except get me physically addicted to the drug itself. I have BPD + Depression At $10 a pill I'm pretty upset. Now I have to deal with the EXTREME (take note anyone thinking about this drug) withdrawal symptoms whilst dealing with my already moody, miserable symptoms of BPD and Depression. Avoid it at all costs, it's nothing but a money grab.”

Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This medication worked well for reducing my general anxiety and making me feel much better and have a clearer mind and less moody, I take it for Bipolar w/ differential diagnosis PTSD. My only complaint is I have minor auditory hallucinations. They don't bother me enough to change medication as I've tried Seroquel, Geodon, Wellbutrin, Abilify, lithium, Prozac, Lexapro, Latuda, and have been on Lamictal for years. The Latuda worked best but insurance won't cover it. The auditory hallucinations are things like my cat meowing, my phone alarm going off, and my name being said. It's a good medication, I still have anxiety that is so bad I have considered ordering groceries and other things exclusively online because I still get extremely anxious around people.”

Willis · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

“I started Rexulti for panic problems and the first 2 weeks were great. Felt amazing. Like a switch went off and was in the clear. Then developed inner hostility, rage and irritability by week 3. Triggered a hypomanic episode and I don’t have any mood disorder. Just severe anxiety. My cholesterol doubled, my BP which was normal required medication and I needed a statin. Gained 20lbs in 1 month. Off for 3 days and all the negative feelings are gone. I really thought this was the winner. Through it all, no anxiety. No panic. But made me so stressed and frustrated I had to stop it”

Jay August 25, 2020

“I took Rexulti 0.5 mg for a little under a year. Within a few weeks I noticed that I was overwhelmingly exhausted. I was sleeping on weekends for about 17 hrs each day and during the week I was terrified I would fall asleep at the wheel on my drive to work. I had no motivation at work and feared the effects on my job performance would get me fired. The first 3 weeks of treatment, I was on 1mg but had to lower the dose as my vision became very blurred. The worst side effect was that I gained 25 lbs within 2 months or so. I just got off the medication 2 months ago and am still dealing with the side effects. I’m still more exhausted than I should be (although it has improved) and am struggling to lose the weight through diet & exercise. Prior to taking this medication I was 5’6” 130lb (woman). Now I weigh 155lb. I feel awful about my body. Though this medication did help my OCD symptoms, the negative effects far outweigh that. I wish I could turn back time and never take Rexulti.”

Volleyqtpye · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I’ve never written a review of a drug before, but Rexulti has changed my life. I have tried just about every medication on the market for my MDD and nothing seemed to make much of a difference until Rexulti. Since the beginning I’ve seen a huge difference in my ability to control my urges which has helped tremendously with my eating disorder! My sadness and motivation has improved so much and I just find getting out of bed in the morning so much easier! I never thought I could feel like this!”

Kr · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2020

For Depression: “Rexulti samples were given to me (for depression) by my doctor. It helped to some degree but in order to continue use,I had to fill my own prescription. The cost AFTER insurance is near $500. This is ridiculous. Pharmaceutical companies, the FDA, and all other entities who have their hand in pricing meds do not have patients best interest in mind. Their only concern is money. How disheartening that our country allows this. It's no wonder mental health in this country is where it is.”

sel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 24, 2020

For Depression: “Ive been using rexulti for bipolar treatment since November 2019 and it has changed my life. My bipolar is so much easier to control now. I finally feel like my real self gets to make my decisions instead of my emotional self. I have done lots of counselling as well but the medication has been the most helpful. I can control my urges and sadness better. I don’t get majorly depressed or manic anymore. Rexulti was my life saver. cons: experienced some dizziness at the start but it went away, can’t cry ever, expensive without coverage.”

Lilly · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Depression: “I struggled with anxiety and depression for 17 years since age 6. I tried every other medicine without success. Finally, with the help of the almighty, I have greatly improved on Rexulti. A real miracle!!”

Melfell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 1, 2020

For Depression: “Rexulti has been a MIRACLE for my anxiety/depression. I’ve tried pretty much every antidepressant on the market and had awful side effects with every one. I take lamictal for depression and adding this on top of it, it absolutely changed my life for the better. I have no side effects other than gaining a couple pounds, which I needed”

No name · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This medication didn't work for me. I was totally out of my head with Schizophrenia with in 2 weeks of changing to the Rexulti. I'll never go back on this one.”

CG · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 28, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Has helped me in stopping self harming behaviors such as cutting, hitting, and starving myself. No other medication has done this for me. After 10 years of trying different medicines and on and off again treatment, at 23 I am finally in a stable place.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Depression: “I started on Rexulti at the low dose of 0.5 mg. It was really helping with my break through depression. I have been taking Wellbutrin for about 2 years and I needed a little boost. Well 2 months later and I gained 10 POUNDS. Super disappointed. The medication works, but be ready to be depressed about how much weight you've gained from it. Won't recommend.”

A.j. · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I'm only on day 5 of .5 mg and I feel a significant difference. I had overwhelmed myself with responsibilities and crashed and burned, then had bottomed out completely, when another major event happened. I do not want to be on antidepressants again, after 15 years of them and 2 1/2 yrs off, but they are working. My anxiety was out of control and I was seriously sick because of Corona virus isolation and my stress. I hope it continues to work at low dose. I hope I don't gain huge amounts of weight. I do have a prescription that will slightly counteract the weight gain.”

GradStudent048 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 25, 2020

For Depression: “I’m back! I posted nearly 2 years ago on July 5, 2018 when I had been on Rexulti for a month. This drug helped me a lot the first few months, and then things just started going downhill. I gained 40 pounds in a matter of about 9 months, and I’m finally at a place now where my psychiatrist and I agree that I don’t need this medication anymore. The weight gain has just been really detrimental for my mental health because body image and eating disorders were part of my triggers. I hope that this medication can help other people and they don’t have to suffer with it fizzling out and causing unprecedented weight gain like it did for me.”

SAJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I have had to opposite experience than others on this site. I was on Abilify for about 10 years after trying every 2nd gen anti psychotic. I also have Trauma PTSD. Anyway at some point abilify stopped working well and I became extremely manic and aggressive. I completely stopped sleeping. Honestly just stayed up all night sitting in a chair being weird and catatonic with racing thoughts. When I rarely fell asleep it would only be for a couple hrs. Dr. switched me to Rexulti because of studies showing it helps with PTSD and within 3 days I felt so so much better. I was less paranoid, less agitated, no voices, no paralysis, no EPS. Way better than Abilify ever was. I also started to sleep 6-8 hrs straight every night. It is like it just reset something in my brain and I began to sleep again. I guess it either really works for you or really doesn't.”