User Reviews for Rexulti

6.4

Schizophrenia

Summary of Rexulti reviews 6.6 160 reviews

Reviews for Rexulti

For Major Depressive Disorder "Mixed bag. On the positive side, it can pull you out of a dark hole really quick. On the negative, I'm starting to suspect it is causing a lot of my anger and irritation symptoms to go off the charts. I'm going to try going off of it for a few days again and if that makes me feel better, time to call my doc for something else."

Josh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Rexulti/Brexpiprazole has been amazing for my lifestyle while dealing with Schizophrenia. When I was on Risperidone, I was having trouble getting up for work, and was getting to work late at 10-10.30am. I also had two episodes of acute Schizophrenia on a low dose Risperidone over 4 years. The side effects on a higher dose of risperidone made me feel lethargic and tired all day. However, on an equivalent dose of Rexulti, the voices are not there anymore. Intrusive thoughts are more controlled. And I get up early enough in the morning to get to work by 8.30-9! Has happened for two weeks now, and I'm pretty sure this will continue, because I don't feel the same lethargy as I did on risperidone. So in effect, I'm on a relatively high dose, but the side effects are much lower than risperidone. I am really happy with the results."

Dipodo September 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I never thought I would feel alive again. I have struggled with major depressive disorder for six years. I’ve been on many medications hoping each time it would be the “magic pill.” When I started Rexulti it took about two weeks for me to feel the positive impact of the medication. I feel present and a part of life again. I can get out of bed and do things and be happy!!!! I am grateful for Rexulti and how it has helped me."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The doctor said it would work fast if it’s going to work. I finally feel like my old self, before all the stress and trauma I had years ago, which I believe triggered my condition. Abilify worked before but it’s too expensive. I never thought I’d have my concentration and memory and happiness back! But it’s here!"

V (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Depression "I think I have finally found what works for me! It took a lot of trial and error. I am currently on Pristiq (the generic kind) 100mg, Rexulti 1mg, and Vyvanse 75mg everyday. I take the Vyvanse and half an mg of Rexulti in the morning and Pristiq and another half an mg of Rexulti at night. The 1mg Rexulti all at once gave me anxiety by the end of the day. Now I have back my passion, my drive, and excitement for life! I have anxiety, depression, and ADD, but these medications balance out everything correctly."

Cuteme87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had daily depression since 1983. I’ve literally tried over 30 meds over the years maybe way more. Currently I take 250mg of Effexor, 60mg of Adderall, 4mg Lorazapam and Ambien It has kept me alive but I can barely earn a living for my family (I am the sole provider for family of 6). My motivation and drive are non existent. I started Rexulti 3 days ago at .5mg and I already see a difference. It’s too early to really endorse the drug but I wanted to share my early reaction. I’ll check in again if the website allows"

Heromaker4 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Rexulti is the first anti-psychotic I've been on with no apparent side effects. It has my schizophrenia under control and has completely gotten rid of my voices. It also helps control my paranoia, psychosis, and helps with my gut-wrenching anxiety so I can get out of my apartment and lead a normal life. I have nothing but good things to say about Rexulti."

Coryman616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This has been a great! I have had MDD and treatment resistant depression for over 4 years. It has been debilitating the last year/year and a half. I could not even get out of bed. This is my 3rd day on .5mg and I was able to get up at a normal time, stay awake all day, and do a few things around the house. It did hurt my stomach both days, but I'm willing to have a stomach ache if it means I can get back to life! It is expensive, but you can get the discount card from your doctor and then pay only $15/month."

Alec8125 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Depression "I am one of those people who went through every antidepressant ever (paxil, prystiq, effexor, wellbutrin, etc.) Finally landed on prozac. Felt much better, but far from ok. After several months, rexulti was added. I am one of the lucky ones I suppose, because within hours I knew I had just won my own personal lottery - a med combo that worked for me. I now know what I have never known my whole life - what it's like to feel normal. I feel like this drug combo saved my life. My wife and kids do too best of luck to those struggling, because it took me 36 years to get the combination right. Tried it all. I recommend trying this combo to all. If it doesn't work, keep trying. It's worth the frustration when you feel it for the first time - normalcy. It is expensive unless you are willing to fill out the paperwork and get it for free. ;)"

Jhmedic65 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Rexulti for 4 days and I hate it. The first couple days were fine. I felt like my old self. Now I have restless legs and anxiety. I’m paranoid about gaining weight too . I have struggled with my weight my whole life and don’t want to have to worry about that."

Jazzycat (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "For those of you commenting on the expense of this drug - it shouldn’t cost anymore than $15 after you have met your insurance deductible but you have to use a savings card. Go online to acquire one or ask your Doctor. But always use a savings card. One savings card is good for 12 months. Also go to a specialty pharmacy. Look it up on line in your specific area. They will also help with your doctor to get the approval needed. It’s called a prior authorization. I hope this helps all. It’s an incredible medication."

Hope (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

"I take Rexulti as an adjunct for my OCD (I am already on Luvox, an SSRI specifically for OCD). Rexulti has worked effectively even in the first week. The only problem is that it causes akathisia (including restless legs syndrome)--it's a movement disorder, which causes constant restlessness and urges to move around. It's easily manageable with medications like Cogentin, but akathisia sucks. I am also super, super thankful for that Rexulti hasn't caused any weight gain for me. In addition, this drug is unaffordably expensive!"

james (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Depression "Had major anxiety for about 4 months which lead to a bad depression. Doc prescribed me rexulti because he said it will be a quick fix, and it worked for me within 4 days I felt like my old self. My constant thoughts cleared up, I could enjoy life again. Problem is I was gaining weight like CRAZY. Doc also told me possible side effects down the road (muscle twitching). He now has me taking Vybriid and it was doing good for a while, but now that I am off the Rexulti I feel depressed again."

jeny90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Rexulti 1mg for 11 days now. I feel it is helping. I do not yet feel “good” or “great”, but I feel a little more alive and glad to be alive. So for that I give it a rating of 7 for now. Only time will tell if it will make a bigger different in the next couple weeks. I am also on 150mg of Venlafaxine as well."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Rexulti for a little over a month now and it has basically been a godsend. The first week or two I cried nonstop at almost anything. Happy things. Sad things. Funny things. It was more of a delusional cry than a depressive/sad cry. It was really annoying but went away after about 1-2 weeks. I have not gained any weight, which I’m super thankful for. The only side effect I've really had is the fatigue. I’m so tired every single day that I’ve started taking naps. I never take naps. I’ve also started drinking coffee in the mornings to keep myself awake. I’ve also never been a coffee drinker. These two things are starting to worry me a bit because it’s almost interfering with my schoolwork and daily function. But I love this medication otherwise and don’t want to consider anything else if it’s really helping me."

GradStudent048 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Depression "Just started rexulti just now Tuesday July the 3rd with trintellix at 10AM read all reviews soooooo I hope it works for me I been through to many different DEPRESSION MEDS"

Badback (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "24 years old. 4 yrs of treatment. I've tried Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), etc, MAOIs, SSRIs, SNRIs, DNRI, atypicals...nothing worked. I took Rexulti...boom. I never thought life would ever be this good. God bless the people that found this. Thank you so much. I am going to hang out with my friends and family first time in 4 years."

Frank L. (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Depression "Diagnosed with treatment resistant depression early 90's. Nothing would get me out of bed; it was so bad I self-medicated with meth for 23 years just so I could function. Quit meth in 2014, which put me back in bed despite Zoloft & Wellbutrin which were chosen because most everything else I had tried had failed. About 4 weeks ago I started Rexulti 1mg as adjunct. This past week there is no denying I have more energy. I've gone so long with none, yet this week I am tending to things & have a great outlook. I'm amazed to be feeling this well. Have trouble falling asleep & have slight uneasy/restless feeling, but after so many years feeling like the living dead, I actually welcome a bit of restlessness. MHMR public health service applied to the manufacturer for me, and they approved it free. Rexulti is truly a miracle from God. I wish every person out there the strength, blessings, and power of God to fight and win your battle."

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medicine is horrible. My hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia are increased 10 times worse than before. I have agitation, body temperature dysregulation issues, dizziness, insomnia (despite taking Temazepam), and it makes it difficult to think. I don't recommend this medication."

Schizogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Rexulti is bad. I feel so awful. My anger issues are blown out of the water thanks to Rexulti. "

Lue (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "For two months, this drug was a miracle . I have coped for years with debilitating fibromyalgia and depression. Suddenly I had my life back!! I was up early I’m the morning and active all day... something I haven’t been for 10 years. My thinking was no longer foggy and I was motivated to accomplish all sorts of things. I enjoyed joining friends for activities and lived life fully. Then it just stopped working. I can even remember the time and place it happened. Truly sad - I had so hoped this would be “it” for me."

MsChally (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've only been on this medicine about two weeks and my suicidal thoughts don't occur anymore. I'm not as angry or agitated either."

Kal (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've have been depressed since childhood always pretending to be happy. SSRI were first tried a 100 combos along with therapy and books. Then rexulti was recommended. I thought oh good another miracle prescription, another period where I would pray to the gods to not feel like a blob of nothing on a good day and it would appear to "work" and then the grey and then darkness would happen when it would stop working. This didn't happen with rexulti I was shocked I kept waiting for it to stop working - it didn't. The only time it stopped is when I missed appointment and didn't have any which was a huge mistake. I won't let this happen again. It's not going to make you into Julie Andrews but it will allow you to have days where you don't look at everything darkly and think about suicide."

Jen718 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "At first I was prescribed Abilify in addition to my Cipralex to help with my severe depression. However, I noticed fairly quickly that I had the most vivid horrifying nightmares and was even wet my bed. I'm 49 btw. Never wet my bed before. My psychiatrist lowered my dosage and that took care of those issues. However the urge to spend money was so intense. But more frustrating was the eye twitching. Consequently, he decided to switch me to Rexulti. After 1 week on it, the same side effects returned but with a vengeance. The urge to spend and the eye twitching was too much. So I decided to quit. I didn't want these side effects ruin my life permanently."

Stella (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Depression "I have had 3 nervous breakdowns. I am on Zoloft and Xanax - I have not felt good for 5 years. I started this medication as an add on to Zoloft - I feel like I have my life back!"

Jayne June 11, 2018