User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 249 reviews 29 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 27 reviews 27 medications

7.1
Schizophrenia 20 reviews 42 medications

6.1
Summary of Seroquel reviews 296 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel was prescribed for sleep disorder and it works just fine without any hangover the next morning"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have mainly been given this medication for insomnia, and for several years it worked incredibly to help me sleep every night, the withdrawals are rough when I don't have it, and my insomnia get's really bad as well. I think it helped my anxiety depression some too. All of a sudden at 200mg it stopped working! Was very bummed out, but luckily doctor has found a replacement."

5150Aries (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I first took Seroquel about five years ago. I liked it because it didn't have the same side effects, such as feeling extremely anxious, as other anti psychotic medications have. The problem that I had with it was that it gave me a huge appetite. The medication alone caused me to gain weight. Needless to say I no longer take it."

Pete0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Hello! I have bipolar 1 with psychotic features and I have been taking seroquel instant release for almost four years. Currently I take 300 mg in the morning and 600 mg at night. Seroquel has helped my depression like other but at the same time has kept my mania and psychotic episodes at bay. Don't know where I would be without this drug!"

glennbp1 July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Out of all the anti-psychotics I have taken, Seroquel makes me feel the most normal! I was on put on Geodon originally in 2012 when I had my first psychotic break. The Geodon made me gain 60 lb eventually caused insomnia, binge eating, and heavy drinking. Drugs like Fanapt and Lutuda made me more depressed/mind rush. I was put on Seroquel in 2015. My binge eating disorder continued, and I gained 40 lbs that year :/. It made me feel a million times better than Geodon though. I was able to stop popping Xanax and klonopin everyday. I eventually stopped binge eating in October, 2016 and lost the 40lbs. Currently I take 600mg of seroquel and 100mg of Zoloft, and .5 mg of Xanax at night as needed to quiet my thoughts."

Paranoid Schizophrenic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I take 300mg. It's been 5 years. I was on higher doses, once up to 900 mg. My delusions never went away, but I can control my thoughts better. I think of something delusional, but I don't follow the train of thought. Since I started a serious relationship 2 years ago, I have been working on my anger and paranoia that he would hurt me. It's harder to control my emotions. Right now, I have a outrageous story in my head about him, but after reading the posts on this website, I know these feelings aren't new. I've felt them with my own family. I'm going to a National Alliance of Mental health Illness (NAMI) meeting soon to get support about how lonely it can feel to be exhausted. I pray in the morning to help my negative feelings and meditate at night to be present."

Lana girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This medication was given to me free at my first visit to my psychiatrist. He assured me that he hasn't heard of any adverse side effects. Well this stuff put my entire body into extreme shock. I did not drink alcohol, I don't do drugs, don't smoke, and took proper dosage as prescribed. I was rushed to the hospital on this stuff, first dose. It was like my entire body on the inside was constantly being shocked with electricity and outside I literally could not move or even sit up. My body was shaking and felt freezing and had the feeling of being bruised. Took about 6 to 8 hours to wear off. Did not take again."

Samantha554444 May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "At one point, I was on regular seroquel as needed and seroquel XR daily. During this time, I gained a lot of weight that I just could not take off. I was prescribed the seroquel as needed, 25 mgs up to 3 times a day. Later on, I was going through something else and seroquel had just gone generic. My psychiatrist put me back on the 25 mg pill as needed. I rarely used it and this time I didn't gain any weight from it, which I was relieved about. I know they say that the lower doses are supposed to make you really tired, but that didn't seem to have any effect on me."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Ambfly made me gain 100lbs in 8mos. I got off of it and started to loose 5lbs a night. My bad episodes got worse. I wish. I had the right information about this drug. If had known about the drug beforehand I would never have taken it"

Suzzie Lu May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "So vivid in detail, from some, but, give this medication time. This drug had me feeling some wacked out, like on a boat sensation. Just light headed and motion sickness. I was told "six weeks" so instead of stopping it, which I dearly wanted to - I didn't. And to this day approx four years I thank myself, I didn't.. yes its heavy handed. But now I have nearly no racing thoughts, which drove me to suicidal tendancies, my mind never stopped it was like a TV on in the back ground. Next, sleep, sleep, peaceful sleep, I did crave sugar BUT NO WEIGHT GAIN. This drug is just broadly so good. This drug and a couple others balanced me. The racing thoughts Seroquel number one, but Ritalin was also something I am grateful for."

Willow Breeze April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Only lasted 2 weeks at the lowest dose, stopped because the side effects were so intolerable. Took in the evening, but still had trouble staying awake during the day, and felt like a total zombie when I did. May have given this a couple more weeks to see if it would have worn off had I not gained 15 lbs. as well (with no appetite change - I wasn't awake long enough to eat more!). I was already 35lbs overweight from meds as it was, & when I med chunks me up, it doesn't stop. Only reason it gets 2 stars is that it kicked my chronic insomnia's butt."

Gone Bananas (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "For years I struggled with finding the right medication to help treat my bipolar disorder. Olanzapine basically turned me into Sleeping Beauty. I take 200mg of Seroquel, three times a day. Keeps me nice and level"

Niloufar53 (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Definitely calmed me down during the first-time onset of schizophrenia. However it makes me very sleepy, sometimes I sleep 14 hours a day - and when I wake up I feel like I want to sleep even more. Also resulted in a lot of weight gain. Eventually had to stop taking it because of how tired I always was."

voskhod (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 5 years ago. I was so stressed about work, even though I liked my job and wasn't stressed about it for years before. Had continuous trouble sleeping more than 4 hours a night sometimes less. I went off work for two months due to stress, anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed 25 mg of seroquel and 20 mg of cipralex for depression. I take both at night an hour before going to bed. I saw a psychiatrist for about two months during the time I was off work. I didn't get off the couch basically all day for about a month. Started to sleep better and feel a bit better after a few weeks. I sleep perfectly now and haven't had any real problems last five years."

MG Mech March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "The drug made me gain weight and become depressed which I was never before using of the drug. I now have an addiction that I can't beat. I would probably sue them for not warning me about the drugs addictive properties. I think this drug may help some people. However people have a right to be informed about what they are getting into."

RG33 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Very drowsy for the first week of taking it, but once your body gets used to it, it is a great mood stabilizer. I've been on it 6 years and it calms the edginess and irritability with bipolar. Also makes you sleep like a rock. My weight only changed when lithium was added to my meds. No significant weight gain for me. If I go a few days without it, I notice I'm on edge constantly."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I took this medication on top of my regular antidepressants to help with my mood as well as insomnia. This was the worst medication I could have possibly used. I have a history of anorexia and binge eating disorder and Seroquel caused me to gain 10 pounds in a month which sent me into a total depressive episode."

anxietygirl18 March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was having extreme depression and hypomania and they could not find the correct drug for me and this was the miracle drug for me it was the key. It works very well for me and I would recommend it. I take Seroquel at night because it does make me a little sleepy."

Mymocha1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Been suffering with moderate/major depression with periods of extreme anxiety and daily thoughts of specific suicidal thoughts for 7 months. Suffered really rough initial side effects with Lexapro and endured this medication for 4 months up to 30mg. Felt worse then ever at this dosage and so I sought help from a private practice. He immediately told me to lower my dosage to 20mg of Lexapro (to eventally taper off completely) and put me on 300mg Seroquel, 200mg night and 100mg mornings. The day after, I woke up with new hope and a sense of calmness. I no longer felt suicidal. Thus the conclusion is that I'm probably Bipolar Type 2, meaning antidepressants is not the right for me. Seroquel always makes me sleep every night, all night! :)"

Matrlx (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was recently diagnosed with type 2 BP in July of 2016. I was on Lamictal at first and it was a nightmare, It kept me from being sad but I would still get very angry. Seroquel was next and I was too scared to take it at first, but once I started having a LOT of heated arguments and stress I finally decided to take it. So far so good, I only take 25mg because is chills me out and eases my anxiety. I don't get sad and I don't get overly mad or excited. First few days I am tired on the meds but after a few days I am able to manage my life. I wish I would have went to a Dr years ago to get treated because since I was 13 my moods have been up and down. Now I'm as chill as a cucumber."

D.M. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "My Dr told me basically nothing else has worked so what do u want him to do. The seroquel seemed to at first but I gained weight quickly and people are always asking if I'm expecting because I look maybe 5 months pregnant. I have paranoia problems as well with anxiety. I have suicidal thoughts throughout the day but I don't share that with my Dr because I don't want to get put in a hospital so I keep that to myself. I'm extremely depressed and it doesn't help me sleep. I can't sleep because of the thoughts going crazy in my head. So I have to take ambien. I'm sick of all these medications. I also take wellbutrin for depression and Xanax for anxiety. the Xanax helps but when I try to pull back from using it my body jerks. I know I need help"

whoever whatever February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug saved my life. I had my first manic episode recently and the doctor put me on 200mg and 50mg Xr at bedtime. I take Vraylar too. I sleep well and my bipolar tendencies (rage and mania) are pretty much cured. It took two months before I was not fatigued the next day. I have no weight issues from this drug. Thank God for this drug and the doctor who prescribed it."

MommaGia February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar, PTSD and depression. I was put on lithium and seroquel about 5 months ago. Lithium makes it so I don't feel .....anything. And seriously I take around 6pm and the next morning I feel like a zombie. Half the time I can't even get out of bed to go to work. All I want to do All day is sleep. I've told my doctor but he keeps telling me to give it some more time....... I have kids I have to take care of, but I feel so tired and lazy on seroquel. Only upside is it does help me sleep throughout then night instead of being awake depressing about my life. Lithium, not sure what it does to me but tries to block my emotional feelings which is good and bad at the same time. I still feel sadness though. Everyday."

Laurenjp055 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Seroquel more years then I know.I have always been on the magical 200mg. I'm only on 50mg now, because of weight gain. I really did not want to be on this, and tried to go off..The headaches, and misery are just awful trying to come off this drug. So, back on Seroquel... along with Lamictal, Tegretol and Topomax. I have Bipolar 1, another name I've been told is Classic Bipolar. Seroquel helps with sleep for sure. Don't like the heaviness on the chest, if it's too high a dose. Also, getting up to eat like 10 minutes after taking it. AND feeling zombie next day. I've noticed if My meds aren't taken before midnight, forget the next day. Next day is gone..Sleeping all day. And If I don't snack with these meds,my heart feels weird."

Melyssy (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Where do I begin? Seroquel, personally I think it is a great medication for the right person. I've taken seroquel on and off 3 different times, I am currently back on it and will most likely stay on it. I take 800mg before bed time and sleep like a baby. I do have a few side effects from this medicine which include dry mouth, constipation and indigestion. I take seroquel for Borderline personality disorder (BPD), I am also on 300mg lithium and 300mg 3x a day of gabapentin. Seroquel helps control my mania and impulsive behavior, it does not make me a zombie and I have great concentration. What I don't understand is this drug being prescribed to people for sleep issues, sure you sleep like a baby but those are the people with all these terrible side effects and horror stories."

Ckn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017