User Reviews for Seroquel

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder
7.1

Schizoaffective Disorder
7.1

Schizophrenia
6.3

Summary of Seroquel reviews 6.8 308 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "Made my mood a thousand times worse, only helps with putting me to sleep"

cmcmr December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Very effective. I feel human again. Sometimes you don't realize how far gone you are until you're better. No side effects other than weight gain which can be managed with a proper diet. I feel 100%. I'm also on Lithium, buspar, lexapro, and the Seroquel is 200mg. Seroquel really feels like it made the difference or topped it off."

jesus' grandfather (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar 2 , depression, anxiety and so started taking seroquel in 2005. It has helped my racing thoughts, some of my nightmares, and fears, and it has helped me sleep. I gained a lot of weight on it. It has helped me to get better with my mental health issues. I think it's helped me have a better life. I'm grateful to all the people who made seroquel a medicine that's approved for people to use . Because it helps me feel a lot better. I take also citalopram for depressions. And Ativan for anxiety. I also take depakote."

Sarahcaramelcoffee1993 November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on 11 meds in 5 years. MDD re diagnosed as Biplar1 three years ago. Seroquel works for me. Started on 25 mg q.d. But after psychotic break out am up to 400mg. Plus 900mg Lithium. I think we’re getting close to right cocktail including Adderall and atavin when required. No weight gain but have had eating binges. Makes me sleepy but I’m ok by 10:00 am with sheer guts and. Coffee. I am thankful for these medicines."

Teruterubozu (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I had side effects beginning Seroquel which subsided after 6 weeks, I grew to appreciate this drug it did wonders for my racing thoughts, plus sleep. BUT now need to come off it after many years omg- even tapering its horrible, I'm off it now and I’m suffering withdrawals. So extreme lethargic, depressed, fluey, had 2 weeks of random vomiting plus still had nausea and can hardly look at food. I used to call Seroquel my friend and smile but now my light headed ness is back. I wish I had energy and could eat well. 2 weeks this could last or more. Just putting this out there, I was a fan and still am I guess of this drug, but coming off is hard. I hardly ever get side effects and have gone off quickly with some, but this - this is hard, this is"

Platypus Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "helps with delusions and hallucinations with schizophrenia, it doesn't help anxiety but does aid sleep at start but now I can take 400-800 at night and it still won't make me tired just calms my schizophrenia down a lot. It is a very good antipsychotic not sure how people use it for sleep and it did help with sleep for the first week and now it doesn't make me sedated or tired but sedates my mind."

ac674 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was in and out of the psych ward for psychosis (diagnosed bipolar I with mania induced psychosis) for years until I finally committed to taking my meds and was put on seroquel 200 and lithium 900 nightly. I slowly weaned down the seroquel and have been at 25 mg for the past year in addition to the lithium. I have had zero episodes and have had a cool, stable mood since then. Seroquel works great for insomnia and the regular sleep has helped keep my mania non-existent. On a low dose the weight gain is manageable with proper diet and exercise and there are little to no side effects (besides the serious munchies.)"

Reyyya123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My son has taken 200mg each night for the past 3 years and he is now 16. It makes him very sleepy but seroquel along with 40mg of celexa has helped his anxiety. He just got a job last month and the mood stabilizer has helped him with emotional control. Although, he has not yet gone through puberty, I'm hoping that is not because of these drugs."

Mom of J (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Six months without a bipolar cycle. I want to socialize again, date, have friends around, and I'm always in a decent mood. Amazing medicine. I take 300 mg of quetiapine with 1200 mg lithium and 200 mg lamictal. My cocktail works!"

Scw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I try to avoid going on these forums because they always give me anxiety about the new medication I am trying out. I have let this forum make me think that side affects were happening to me that really weren't in the past. Seroquel is amazing. I have Bi Polar and Seroquel was not out when I was first diagnosed. I started on it May of 2016 and I have had to increase my dose 100mg since then and it has changed my life. Seroquel has given me the ability to start to live my life more the way I want to live it. I wanted to post that here to not discourage someone who is starting out on it. My psychiatrist heard about this from one of the top Bi Polar doctors in the world speak at Harvard. This drug is wonderful and so helpful."

BiPolarEarlyTwentiesGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Wow this medication.. it may have knocked me out many times (put me to sleep).. Hell it may have had made me sleepy 24/7, I would sleep sometimes 18 hours a day I spent a lot of time recovering with this medication.. sleeping. But I can't complain because well.. I have my life back. And I thank all those people who put their time and effort in producing this medication because without them, who knows where I'd be.. right now I'm back in college off of this medication but still on abilify. This drug may not be the cure to schizophrenia.. but it does wonders."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "If you have a mixed diagnostic, bipolar I or II, with traces of schizophrenia, seroquel acts as a good 'sidekick' to medications such as risperdal and zyprexa and abilify."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was prescribed 800 seroquel for my therapeutic dosage. Many years later, I decided with my pdoc to try 600. I felt more balanced, more centered and attuned - with the same effectiveness of the med. Later, while in a combination of other meds, I took the courage to play around with 300/400 mgs. of XR, and, to my surprise, I still got a precise dosage - no racing thoughts, sound sleep, no anxiety, much attenuated paranoia, and an awesome anti-depressant effect with half of the original 800."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel was prescribed for sleep disorder and it works just fine without any hangover the next morning"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have mainly been given this medication for insomnia, and for several years it worked incredibly to help me sleep every night, the withdrawals are rough when I don't have it, and my insomnia get's really bad as well. I think it helped my anxiety depression some too. All of a sudden at 200mg it stopped working! Was very bummed out, but luckily doctor has found a replacement."

5150Aries (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I first took Seroquel about five years ago. I liked it because it didn't have the same side effects, such as feeling extremely anxious, as other anti psychotic medications have. The problem that I had with it was that it gave me a huge appetite. The medication alone caused me to gain weight. Needless to say I no longer take it."

Pete0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Hello! I have bipolar 1 with psychotic features and I have been taking seroquel instant release for almost four years. Currently I take 300 mg in the morning and 600 mg at night. Seroquel has helped my depression like other but at the same time has kept my mania and psychotic episodes at bay. Don't know where I would be without this drug!"

glennbp1 July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Out of all the anti-psychotics I have taken, Seroquel makes me feel the most normal! I was on put on Geodon originally in 2012 when I had my first psychotic break. The Geodon made me gain 60 lb eventually caused insomnia, binge eating, and heavy drinking. Drugs like Fanapt and Lutuda made me more depressed/mind rush. I was put on Seroquel in 2015. My binge eating disorder continued, and I gained 40 lbs that year :/. It made me feel a million times better than Geodon though. I was able to stop popping Xanax and klonopin everyday. I eventually stopped binge eating in October, 2016 and lost the 40lbs. Currently I take 600mg of seroquel and 100mg of Zoloft, and .5 mg of Xanax at night as needed to quiet my thoughts."

Paranoid Schizophrenic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I take 300mg. It's been 5 years. I was on higher doses, once up to 900 mg. My delusions never went away, but I can control my thoughts better. I think of something delusional, but I don't follow the train of thought. Since I started a serious relationship 2 years ago, I have been working on my anger and paranoia that he would hurt me. It's harder to control my emotions. Right now, I have a outrageous story in my head about him, but after reading the posts on this website, I know these feelings aren't new. I've felt them with my own family. I'm going to a National Alliance of Mental health Illness (NAMI) meeting soon to get support about how lonely it can feel to be exhausted. I pray in the morning to help my negative feelings and meditate at night to be present."

Lana girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This medication was given to me free at my first visit to my psychiatrist. He assured me that he hasn't heard of any adverse side effects. Well this stuff put my entire body into extreme shock. I did not drink alcohol, I don't do drugs, don't smoke, and took proper dosage as prescribed. I was rushed to the hospital on this stuff, first dose. It was like my entire body on the inside was constantly being shocked with electricity and outside I literally could not move or even sit up. My body was shaking and felt freezing and had the feeling of being bruised. Took about 6 to 8 hours to wear off. Did not take again."

Samantha554444 May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "At one point, I was on regular seroquel as needed and seroquel XR daily. During this time, I gained a lot of weight that I just could not take off. I was prescribed the seroquel as needed, 25 mgs up to 3 times a day. Later on, I was going through something else and seroquel had just gone generic. My psychiatrist put me back on the 25 mg pill as needed. I rarely used it and this time I didn't gain any weight from it, which I was relieved about. I know they say that the lower doses are supposed to make you really tired, but that didn't seem to have any effect on me."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Ambfly made me gain 100lbs in 8mos. I got off of it and started to loose 5lbs a night. My bad episodes got worse. I wish. I had the right information about this drug. If had known about the drug beforehand I would never have taken it"

Suzzie Lu May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "So vivid in detail, from some, but, give this medication time. This drug had me feeling some wacked out, like on a boat sensation. Just light headed and motion sickness. I was told "six weeks" so instead of stopping it, which I dearly wanted to - I didn't. And to this day approx four years I thank myself, I didn't.. yes its heavy handed. But now I have nearly no racing thoughts, which drove me to suicidal tendancies, my mind never stopped it was like a TV on in the back ground. Next, sleep, sleep, peaceful sleep, I did crave sugar BUT NO WEIGHT GAIN. This drug is just broadly so good. This drug and a couple others balanced me. The racing thoughts Seroquel number one, but Ritalin was also something I am grateful for."

Willow Breeze April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Only lasted 2 weeks at the lowest dose, stopped because the side effects were so intolerable. Took in the evening, but still had trouble staying awake during the day, and felt like a total zombie when I did. May have given this a couple more weeks to see if it would have worn off had I not gained 15 lbs. as well (with no appetite change - I wasn't awake long enough to eat more!). I was already 35lbs overweight from meds as it was, & when I med chunks me up, it doesn't stop. Only reason it gets 2 stars is that it kicked my chronic insomnia's butt."

Gone Bananas (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "For years I struggled with finding the right medication to help treat my bipolar disorder. Olanzapine basically turned me into Sleeping Beauty. I take 200mg of Seroquel, three times a day. Keeps me nice and level"

Niloufar53 (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2017