User Reviews for Seroquel

Schizophrenia
6.1

Summary of Seroquel reviews 7.1 365 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

"I have ADHD/ dysthymia for my entire life and have been clean & sober 33 year's. This seroquel 50mg nightly for 2 weeks stopped a 30 month sleepless period in which the clinic I'm with stopped prescribing my ambien after 5 years for no sane reason! My primary doctor is compassionate and listened to my symptoms. My psychiatrist prescribed clonidine, but its ineffective for my turbo- brain! I practice no food at night except bananas or sleep inducing food. I'm getting 6-7 hour's rest now for 14 days straight! I'm comfortable with the results of SEROQUEL 50mg!"

Ken (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2019

"This medication was absolutely awful. They weaned me off of Risperdal and put me on this medicine and it made my symptoms worse. Overall I had very bad anger and temper issues. I had troubles eating food because I always felt nauseous and the food I used to love now tasted nasty to me. They were treating the WRONG thing, thought to have Bipolar, but I was misdiagnosed. So overall my experience with this medication was terrible 0/0 do not recommend for autistic individuals."

Eevie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I took seroquel in a lower dose in the morning for agitation and anger management along with my mood stabilizer for bipolar and a larger dose at night to put me to sleep for years and it was very affective. However, I had suicidal thoughts that might have been worsened by it. If you're a parent or caretaker and your child has a history of suicidal tendencies please keep this medication (and all medication) locked up or in a place your child doesn't have access to."

alyssa (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Seroquel 4 months ago as before I was on it I had really bad, uncontrollable mood swings throughout the day. After about 3 months of really struggling I had a really bad depressive episode where I was convinced people at work were out to get me. My mind was racing extremely fast, I had a huge amount of anxiety, and was extremely stressed out combined with really low sinking depression. I had to spend 24 hours in a hospital and they put me on Seroquel and a few other medications. The Serooquel has completely saved my life, along with my support system. I had low sinking moods occasionally for about 2 months and had my dosage upped. Now I'm at 200mg every night and am about 90% stable. I was diagnosed Major Depression W/ Psychotic Features but since have been diagnosed with Bipolar II. If you're having mood swings or intense anxiety with an out of control racing mind please don't force yourself to push through it. Try seroquel and it might give you your life back like it did me."

Tayson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2019

"I took a full tablet cause I got a sample bottle from my psychiatrist and it made me sleep all night and all day. I didn’t get up til like 5:00 pm the next evening. I took it at 8:30 the night before. Tonight I’m taking a half a tablet hoping I don’t sleep like I did. This was horrible for me like I was still pretty doped up even after waking up. And then I went to bed without it at 9 pm that evening and slept all night again but was able to get up at 9 am yesterday morning."

Sammi (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Have been on many meds that were inappropriately used for my anxiety and instability including high dose Depakote and tryclic anti depressants making me more unstable with unbearable antipsychotic overloads. Eventually a sedative dose of seroquel around 125-150 mg worked very well for calming down anxiety intrusive thoughts and allowing me to sleep. It is ridiculous that some of the doctors who aggressively medicate and aren't cautious because the right dose of helpful medication can be life saving while a bad approach can cause instability that caused serious problems in my life. Then unfortunately psychiatrist often blame your condition over their inappropriate treatment so it's important to be aware of what's going on with you."

Jake (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has been life saving for me after being on the wrong medications that it made more unstable so I ended up being in hospitals for years. Now at 125-150 mg of seroquel I’m able to get rest and have reduced agitation and anxiety and am finally stable. I have also been put on higher doses which felt uncomfortable but the right dose has been life saving."

Jake (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Due to weight gain I tried other medications to help control manic thoughts at night and help me sleep. Nothing works. What I decided to do was actually up my dose with my doctor so that the effects of sleepiness would kick in before the hunger. I take 200mg Seroquel at night with a combination of 300 mg Wellbutrin XR for depression and 150 mg Lamictal for mood stabilizing during the day. I take 15 mg of BuSpar twice a day for anxiety. I got off all of these when I was pregnant and was complete basket case. This drug cocktail worked for 10 years and I spiralled when I went off of it. Since I’ve been back on my meds four months I’m completely normal again; functioning at a high-level. I run a very successful business and I know that I could not do it without these medications. I have virtually no side effects except for if I stay awake for too long after taking the Seroquel I will get on uncontrollable hunger. Seroquel does cause dry mouth in the middle of the night but it’s worth it"

Tk April 9, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Warning: may trigger suicidal thoughts. History: I was prescribed Seroquel after multiple meds weren’t helping to improve my depression. Quickly, my depression got markedly worse to the point of me not being able to get out of bed and not bathing because they felt too exhausting. I also had my suicidal ideation and thoughts get overwhelmingly worse. My psychiatrist increased my dosage and it just got worse. I had to change psychiatrists (unrelated to this) and my new psychiatrist immediately had me taper down my dosage with the goal of getting off the Seroquel completely. Once I got off of it completely, I felt like a new person - no depression or suicidal thoughts since. I know this med has helped a lot of people and I am so happy it has. I don’t think many other people have had this experience, but wanted to put it out there that it wasn’t good for me and if anyone is having similar experiences, please speak with the person who prescribed it and know that it can get better."

Ahimsa March 30, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has been a life-changer for me. It has curtailed my manic episodes and kept me sane as I struggle with bipolar I with paranoid features. I recently attempted to switch to Geodon due to weight gain, but I immediately switched back to Seroquel because the benefits outweigh the risks of some mild weight gain. I take 400mg daily: 200 mg in the morning and 200 mg in the evening. It helps me get a decent night’s sleep which is crucial for keeping me from slipping into bipolar episodes. I give it a 9/10 because the weight gain can be a moderate annoyance."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2019

"I have been on seroquel for 3mths started out on 150mgs. for anxiety and panic attacks which it isn't listed for. Within that 3mths my cholesterol which is already high raised over 24 more points. I gained 20 pounds within the 2 months. My arthritis which is already bad has gotten even worse. Most of the weight gain was water retention and bloating. It has not helped with my anxiety at all. It does help me sleep for a few hours but not the whole night. I reduced the dosage to 50 mg myself because of the side effects. And have since lost some of the weight. And am sleeping better. Maybe I was on too high of a dose. But all of the side effects that I have are side effects that this drug cause. It may work for some people but not for me. And for me the side effects are just too much. And I don't think that this med should be prescribed to people who have certain conditions. As soon as I can get my PCP to prescribe something that will help me sleep better I'm done with this poison."

Tammy Moulton March 1, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve had many problems with the wrong medications making me more unstable including restlessness. My seroquel dose was raised very quickly to 250mg in hospital, then overmedicated after. But now after working with a doctor for a long time my doses are between 75-125mg and have been life saving to calm me down and help me sleep and think clear after having very bad insomnia caused by anxiety. Ignorant doctors call this a sleep dose but it has many mood stabilizing benefits for people sensitive to medications. I also take with lamictal in morning and Gabapentin at night Klonopin as needed has been life saving."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2019

For Schizophrenia "a purple 300mg seroquel tablet really works to set rehab in motion."

Ricky (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2019

"I have Asperger's syndrome, I suffer with generalized anxiety, major depression and paranoia. Dopaquel is amazing, I never realized that I could feel this good! Munchies and weight gain are a real concern but it is manageable. The only downside for me is that I'm sooooo sleepy for most of the day."

Molly92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Good drug, pity that for my anxiety was not sufficient"

Pat286 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve been on Seroquel for years-150mg at night to sleep. I combine it with 50 mg Trazodone and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I sleep through the night and I can deal with my anxiety and Bipolar 1. Diagnosed 22 years ago and tried just about every other drug suggested. This works-I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I’m a bit groggy in the morning but It’s worth it to be stable and functional"

Poohbear (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I struggled with bipolar 1 disorder and before I found this medication I was all over the place. When I was manic I was like supergirl and when I was down I felt so pathetic and worthless. When I first got on this drug my ups and downs got better but they were still problematic. But, it’s almost been a whole year since I got on it and I have never felt more stable so I’d say it takes time but it’s worth it. I’m not at creative as I was when I didn't have any treatment, but I am still passionate (and sane lol) and that honestly makes up for it. And I definitely do not get that low. I have my fair share of struggles but I’ve learned that it’s ok, it’s life, but nothing like the highs and lows I experienced before. It’s a miracle pill for me."

Baibai November 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel XR for 2.5 years now with doses ranging from 150mg to 250mg. Currently taking 200mg. It does work, BUT it works very slowly, therapeutically talking. The anti anxiety effects kick in I would in a week or two maximum and the sleepiness is very intense in the beginning. What I don’t like about it, is that you get used to the dose very quickly and the symptoms return needing to either up or lower the dose. It’s not a super stable medicine. The first days of upping the dose you do feel more stable, calmer, peaceful but a week after you find yourself asking for more. Now therapeutically, it brings you back to earth, you know, but it’s not enough. In my case the lack of motivation is a big thing for me. It was so bad my doctor thought I had attention issues and wanted me to try Adderall and I said no because I knew it was from seroquel. Anyway, all antipsychotics are motivation killers and make existing depression worse and trigger ADHD in my case. Good luck."

GR (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was on a number of medications. For hallucination (both tactile and visual as well as auditory) I’m dealing with more of the schizophrenia part. I been diagnosed a year now. I been on ability, respridal, zyprexa. And nothing until seroquel. I am completely calmed down and feel much better. Really sleep and very hungry. Restless legs and arms but all around a good medication."

K1998 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Ive been on seriquel 400mgs for a lot of years, ( it was a lot higher dose. I am bipolar type 2, diagnosed in 2010, and if I take anymore I cannot get good sleep. I am amazed to read the comments\post how people are sleeping so well and are groggy on a 100-200mg tablet! Wish I could!! Lol. I'm on a 400mg dose and I can't sleep well at all? Should my dose be increased? Or should another medication be added? I fall asleep but I'm not sleeping a load of hours, I get like 5-6 hours sleep no matter what time I take the dose."

Am7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for a little over 5 years, and currently at 100mg (was higher but I could not function). I am Bipolar I and have been since 1984. It was offered to me for my depressive side, and I can tell you for a fact, it didn't help at all for the mania (except it did and does help with sleep). After suffering through severe depression for about 2 years, Seroquel was introduced to me at the hospital. I went through some terrible side effect(s) that included legs with uncontrollable twitching and with arms. I still have twitches with my left arm but not often. The other effect is with the libido. I have no desire for this anymore. Is the drug worth it? I certainly is for me; without this, I am a goner to the mania world."

Dave (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "All the antidepressants were no good. Seroquel is the only med found to stabilize my mood."

Yogibear (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Gave me extremely painful full-body muscle cramps. The muscles in my eyes even cramped up."

Megumi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug works for me, it's a great drug, I'll give it a 10 out of 10."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I use this drug in a low dose, 25 mg, to help me sleep. I am diagnosed BP1. It makes me tired enough to get to sleep. I do not feel extremely tired, but if I lie down and close my eyes I fall asleep quickly, and usually can stay asleep for 7 or more hours. Some days, I do feel very groggy but it is worth it to me. I drink very little alcohol - one beer every two weeks or so, but if I drink the beer close to bedtime the combination makes me extremely tired. I have gained 15 pounds since my last Bipolar major episode (Severe M followed by severe D in fall 17 to winter 2018). All the gain happened on olanzapine (discontinued) but either lithium or seroquel seems to have made it tough to take some of that weight off."

Alt jay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)