User Reviews for Seroquel

Schizophrenia
6.1

Summary of Seroquel reviews 7.1 341 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

"Let me just say, I HATE seroquel! I was prescribed it for sleep 8 years ago. For the first couple years I was in about 300-400mg a day and I would feel like I was literally dying when it kicked in. My heart would race, I felt like I couldn’t breathe, and then I’d just black out. It made me feel so sluggish the next day. Also, I gained soooo much weight on this! It makes you have an insatiable hunger and it’s terrible. I would walk down the halls and knock into them like I was drunk, my vision was so blurry and I couldn’t think. It was the worst sensation ever! I’m now down to 50mg of the XR and trying to wean off but I’m scared. Last time the doctor tried, I blacked out and my blood pressure dropped and the hospital said I couldn’t wean off it. Now a year later I’m trying again and it’s terrible. I can’t sleep, restless legs, can’t get comfortable, and feel tired all day. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYBODY!!!"

Kae (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm 18 and was diagnosed with Bipolar type 1 about a year ago. I've been using 200MG of Seroquel for a couple of months now and it's really helped my mood. I was suffering from a bad manic episode and it calmed me down within 1-2 weeks or so. The only bad side effect is increased appetite, sleeping a lot and nausea but I got over those within a couple of weeks."

Oli (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I love it for sleep. Honestly I was on ambien and I took way too many and it wasn't safe. I honestly thought nothing could work like it but seroquel was a life saver. I sleep like a rock. It does make me hungry though"

Nick i (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I loved that this helped me sleep. Put me to sleep and kept me under. It gave me a baseline between my ups and my lows that I never really had experienced before. I unfortunately was having a reaction to it, every night my entire body would buzz/shake. I'd wake up to that horrendous feeling and fall back under. Beside the reaction I really loved it. Too bad my body reacted like that."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel and I have a love hate relationship. When I first started taking it, I was in a hospital, my psychiatrist prescribed it. I had super vivid dreams.. but he insisted I stay on it and they’d go away. He was right, they did. Seroquel works great to calm your mind when you start receiving the correct dosage. However I’m sleepy all the time! It’s definitely a drug that I don’t want to be on very long. I’ve gained about 20lbs since being put on it, 7 months ago. "

UpperSM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Of all the meds I’ve taken for my bipolar Seroquel is the best with the least side effects. I’ve been on Abilify, Depacote, and another one can’t remember the name. Horrible side effects...severe blurred vision, rash, panic attacks, restless legs, insomnia, gastritis, blood in stools and more. Seroquel is working for me and for that I’m very grateful."

Tootie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Literally garbage. Did not help moods. Slept 12 hours at night and still needed 2-6+ hours of naps in day. No control over when to sleep. Lots of weight gain."

Rabbit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "The Cons: higher appetite, weight gain, diabetes, cognitive dulling. The Pros: I take 800/day all at night and once a quarter I accidentally double dose and feel perfect after that. I just slept for 24 hrs during a stay-cation and wow do I feel good and sharp. So my employer is aware of my condition and we structure my workload, such that I do serious creative computer programming in the afternoon after the "dulling" wears off. My advice is to take it all at 8pm and get in bed at 8:30 - 9:00. Then you will be able to do normal work at 9am and complex work after noon. Diet and exercise are key, because you have to manage the diabetes that comes with it. If I feel depressed or manic, I might add 400mg and that usually fixes it, but that is probably risky. Also note that the generic is really cheap now, under $25/month at max legal dose. Or $54 for 3 months worth."

john b (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It slowed my mind down so I could sleep. My Dr - psychologist and psychiatrist worked together with me to find the right does. 150 mg is perfect. I had been sleep deprived for years, and was told to sleep no less than 12 hours for 2 straight months. I would take 50 mg for a few days then 100mg a few days later I was up to my full dosage. After adding an extra pill, the first mornings were a little rough, holding on to the walls and walking slowly for the first 5 or so minutes of waking. This has made my life so much better in combination neither Clozanepam. I don’t have anxiety or panic attacks. My psychologist isn’t urging me and making arrangements for me to check into a hospital to get rest. These 2 drugs have changed my life and I’ve monitored my weight,"

Angela May 27, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I give Seroquel 7 out of 10. It works like a charm for my crazy head, but that doesn't seem to change the fact that it has sedative side effects"

Elsbeth (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I take 800mgs of Seroquel and 1 mg Zolipderm. I have bipolar 1 and PTSD With this combination of pills I sleep all night with no side effects. I take Lorazepam 1mg twice a day as needed and take Adderral 20mgs 3 times a day for my ADHD. I was having fainting spells. I was so sick I had to be admitted to the hospital. Stayed two days back to normal."

Ann May 13, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I took one pill 50 mg I was in such a deep sleep my children could not wake me up even the next morning I felt like I was drugged I slept the entire day away. You can forget about driving on this stuff two days later I still felt the affects of the drug."

saphire (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I am a teenager and I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. At first everyone thought it was just depression so I was put on prozac. Prozac made me worse. It increased my anger, but that was just because I didn't have depression. I switched psychiatrists and found out I was bipolar. I was put on a low dose of Seroquel (50mg) and within 3 weeks I was on 200mg. Seroquel works extremely well to mellow out my moods and keep me from being depressed or manic. Only side effect I'm experiencing is weight gain but that is not a bad thing as I have been underweight for a long time."

Gab (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is a total hell. It gives you the impression that your brain is burnt by it in a very conscious way. All your person seems possessed by it... It's like a chemical weapon... It's a so unpleased sensation that I now react so badly when a professional is talking to me about it. I've so much suffered by this. How a so small pill can do so much harm? The sensation can't even be described. It literally just erased my mind when I take it at times. Don't try this!"

Anonyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I used this medication at the peak of my mania induced paranoid psychotic episode and it helped calm it immediately. However, I am extremely sensitive to medication, so while taking only 25mg of this I became so tired that I couldn't possibly stay awake. Even though I took it at night, it became dangerous because I could no longer walk or talk properly, I even considered peeing in the bed because I couldn't even walk to the bathroom..lol. Although it completely knocked me out for 8+ hours and I had a fantastic sleep, when I woke up I was still tired.. which eventually made me depressed. I ended up stopping this medication because I couldn't get the dose up to where it needed to be to control my bipolar symptoms (any higher than 25mg and I'd start drooling). I guess I'm just very sensitive."

Paranoid (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Amazing. This stops my body from producing too much energy. and makes me sleepy. Alot of people don't know schizophrenia is just extreme mania. when your brain produces too much dopamine & you can't sleep. This medication saved my life :) I recommend taking it with prozac & lamictal."

Haimé (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "3 years ago I was hospitalized for a suicide attempt & diagnosed with rapid-cycling bipolar. I was put on a low dose of seroquel until I could get in to see the psychiatrist a month later. It definitely levelled out my mood and made me feel much more stable within days. Even after switching meds 3 times since, I still use seroquel as a supplementary medication and I have no desire to get off of it"

Cboxjett (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on this med years ago and taken off. I asked him why I stopped taking it because of weight gain, I don't feel that was the only reason. I have had problems with anxiety and depression for a long time, but it got extremely worse. The anxiety was so bad that I couldn't eat, gave me worse flashbacks from my PTSD which was caused by trauma throughout my life (domestic abuse and rape). I got headaches, eye pain, palpitations, my hypothyroidism was all off, stomachs pain, worse depression to the point I lost weight which I am already thin. I could go on, but the Dr didn't take into consideration that I suffer from epilepsy, got vertigo, seizures increased. I ended up yesterday in a crisis center because I couldn't stop crying, and had racing thoughts which I forgot to mention. And the flashbacks of my life was one after another. Just was not a good choice of medication for me, especially with physical issues."

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed Seroquel for treatment resistant depression. I only took it for about 2 weeks. For every night I wasn't able to sleep my doc upped my dose. Which was most nights. In my opinion, it was upped too quickly. It literally made me feel like I was going crazy. I'm aware that is a very subjective feeling, but I can't put it in words how bad it made me feel. I would still recommend it only if titrated very slowly."

VickyEE (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "works well. It knocked me out, sleep great through the night.. was having a hard time sleeping with other insomniac medications, & by far this is the best so far. I only started taking it so I'm not sure, what the side effects will be.( I'm taking it for bi polar)"

kylo G February 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This has helped me immensely in combo with lexapro to treat anxiety and depression"

jensrda February 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking Seroquel for a long time. It destroyed my life. It's addictive because when you stop taking it you'll never be able to sleep again. There's no getting off of it. I sleep in till 2 to 5 pm every day. I'm sluggish all day. It never helped with any of my symptoms of schizophrenia. It makes me crave sugar immensely. This drug is very dangerous. You have to be very careful when taking it. Don't drive or be around people you don't know or trust. Let's just say I could sleep through anything. This drug should be illegal even if it does help some people with their mental illness. There are other things people can take. Risperdal for example does wonders for me. I'm working with my doctor on getting off of Seroquel. I didn't do it sooner because I'm so sick I can barely accomplish anything really. I just want to say to all schizophrenics I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that NOBODY has any idea of what's happening to you."

Suraya Jada (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "All began well and I was on a small dose for a while. Then I had a relapse and we upped the dosage. Then I started awful side effects every night after taking it! Then my Mum came to stay and said "It's the medication." So I called my shrink and asked to go off it and he said OK- no more side effects!"

Neuromancer (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "My daughter began taking 400mg of Seroquel when she was 17 years old. The first year she gained over 40 pounds. Her doctor recognized that the weight gain was contributing to her depression. He prescribed Topamax. My understanding is that Topamax is normally used to treat seizures but this medication also helps with impulsivity (which she struggles with as well). A side effect is that it’s an appetite suppressant, or at least that’s how it effects my daughter. She currently takes 100 mg a day and is back down to her regular weight. I hope others can safely be prescribe this medication if their doctors find it appropriate."

Boo’s Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews for seroquel for depression and panic/anxiety. That is why I was prescribed it 2x a day and I didn't take it very long. Everyone is different, I'm glad it works for others, for me I was extremely tired 24/7, had to force myself to get up and stay up and do anything, I felt like I was out of it like it wasn't even to help me mentally and emotionally but like I took a street drug. I was so tired and forcing myself to stay up. I couldn't do anything luckily I didn't have a job at the time. This drug did not help me. Everyones different though, I'm sure it has helped others. To me its like seroquel=sleep."

mae77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018