User Reviews for Seroquel

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder
7.1

Schizoaffective Disorder
6.8

Schizophrenia
6.2

Summary of Seroquel reviews 6.7 321 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking Seroquel for a long time. It destroyed my life. It's addictive because when you stop taking it you'll never be able to sleep again. There's no getting off of it. I sleep in till 2 to 5 pm every day. I'm sluggish all day. It never helped with any of my symptoms of schizophrenia. It makes me crave sugar immensely. This drug is very dangerous. You have to be very careful when taking it. Don't drive or be around people you don't know or trust. Let's just say I could sleep through anything. This drug should be illegal even if it does help some people with their mental illness. There are other things people can take. Risperdal for example does wonders for me. I'm working with my doctor on getting off of Seroquel. I didn't do it sooner because I'm so sick I can barely accomplish anything really. I just want to say to all schizophrenics I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that NOBODY has any idea of what's happening to you."

Suraya Jada (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "All began well and I was on a small dose for a while. Then I had a relapse and we upped the dosage. Then I started awful side effects every night after taking it! Then my Mum came to stay and said "It's the medication." So I called my shrink and asked to go off it and he said OK- no more side effects!"

Neuromancer (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "My daughter began taking 400mg of Seroquel when she was 17 years old. The first year she gained over 40 pounds. Her doctor recognized that the weight gain was contributing to her depression. He prescribed Topamax. My understanding is that Topamax is normally used to treat seizures but this medication also helps with impulsivity (which she struggles with as well). A side effect is that it’s an appetite suppressant, or at least that’s how it effects my daughter. She currently takes 100 mg a day and is back down to her regular weight. I hope others can safely be prescribe this medication if their doctors find it appropriate."

Boo’s Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews for seroquel for depression and panic/anxiety. That is why I was prescribed it 2x a day and I didn't take it very long. Everyone is different, I'm glad it works for others, for me I was extremely tired 24/7, had to force myself to get up and stay up and do anything, I felt like I was out of it like it wasn't even to help me mentally and emotionally but like I took a street drug. I was so tired and forcing myself to stay up. I couldn't do anything luckily I didn't have a job at the time. This drug did not help me. Everyones different though, I'm sure it has helped others. To me its like seroquel=sleep."

mae77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "the reason I'm rating this drug 10/10 is that it does not stab you in the back , and it does not ask for increased doses , it works all the time , and kicks in fast , and makes you feel euphoric combined with sleepiness. If stayed awake more than 30 minutes after taking it , you will feel hungry , so if you are worried about gaining weight just take it and sleep. Find your correct dose that works well , and remember good sleep equals good mood. If you feel sleepy the next day , thats if ' drink some coffee + 1 cup of water. And remember to do 20 minutes of exercise every day just not before going to sleep and you will feel batter 100%"

Light_bringer January 31, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug has changed my life. I'm on 300 mg and find it helps me sleep and stops me from becoming stupidly manic. I haven't gained any weight but I go to the gym and walk every day, so I'm very active. My only complaint is it takes me quite a while to wake up in the mornings. I'm also on 300 mg of Lamictal."

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It does help with sleeping and my brain was so calm BUT I was only on 25 mg and I gained 15 pounds in 3 months. I was constantly hungry but even if I only ate salad it would just keep me at the same weight. It was the gross cellulite chunky fat! My metabolism and thyroid was changed. I went off Seroquel to stop my body from changing so much."

Shanny5150 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on numerous different bipolar medications but this one was the worst! This medicine landed me in the hospital. I had pain in right waist when I urinated. My creatinine levels were high. And picked up a LOT of weight. I wonder if some of these reviews weren't written by the company itself. It seems there are lots more people struggling with these meds. I weaned off it but now it seems I have bad withdrawals, blood pressure problems, headaches, fainting, dizziness, severe insomnia, heart palpitations, red spots on my skin, my insides feels like they are shaky! I would never ever recommend this"

FOUNDSHEEP December 26, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel saved my life. With it, I can sleep deeply, I can restrain myself from impulsive behavior, it calms my anxiety, and it stops my irritability. I am a rapid cycle bipolar 2. I've noticed I have a 3 day gap of not taking it before my mania comes back. The only side effects that I've experienced is sweating/dry mouth (so stay hydrated) and seroquel munchies. Right before bed as it hits me I get the munchies. If I eat right before I take it, I don't have such an intense craving for food. Rate 8/10."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Seroquel did not work for me (this is NOT to say it may work for you, because everyone's biochemistry is different). It caused me to sleep 16 hours a day or more on a extremely low dose (75 mg), and over 2 weeks caused me to auditory hallucinate and creepy or hellish nightmares (worse than my normal ones). Over time it actually caused anxiety instead of reducing it. Hope you have a better time with Seroquel than me!"

dynamiterocket (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "This stuff is terrible! I have been on it for a very long time and had a lot of side effects like weight gain but the worst one was the dry mouth. I would drink 4 bottles of water every night and eat hard candy and spend most of my time in the bathroom. I also wanted to eat everything in sight. My doctor finally took me off this stuff and I'm on another drug like it but without all the side effects. I'm also feeling a lot better mentally."

cat momma (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I usually don't post on these sites but I had to with seroquel. First off, if you are on this drug, you have to give up drugs and alcohol. It does suck but I still party and go out and have fun with my friends, just sober fun. But learning how to dance your butt off without the help of alcohol is actually pretty liberating. I just want everyone to know that without going completely sober on this drug you get 1/2 the benefits of it. I drank half a drink the other night and was fatigued for 1 and a half days and was late for work. Imagine if I had two drinks every night I went out! I would be sleeping all the time! For everyone with Bi Polar, we know that taking care of ourselves and sleep is very important. We got this guys<3"

1017forever December 8, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "OKAY SO, I was put on this medication to help manage my "bipolar disorder." This medication would either COMPLETELY knock me out, or I would be able to fight it and stay awake throughout the night snacking ALL NIGHT long. it made me so hungry, and I gained 40lbs on it. My doctor NOW wants to put me on Ziprasidone which is similar to this medication, and I am very hesitant."

Merrrrr December 7, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Made my mood a thousand times worse, only helps with putting me to sleep"

cmcmr December 6, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Very effective. I feel human again. Sometimes you don't realize how far gone you are until you're better. No side effects other than weight gain which can be managed with a proper diet. I feel 100%. I'm also on Lithium, buspar, lexapro, and the Seroquel is 200mg. Seroquel really feels like it made the difference or topped it off."

jesus' grandfather (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar 2 , depression, anxiety and so started taking seroquel in 2005. It has helped my racing thoughts, some of my nightmares, and fears, and it has helped me sleep. I gained a lot of weight on it. It has helped me to get better with my mental health issues. I think it's helped me have a better life. I'm grateful to all the people who made seroquel a medicine that's approved for people to use . Because it helps me feel a lot better. I take also citalopram for depressions. And Ativan for anxiety. I also take depakote."

Sarahcaramelcoffee1993 November 26, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on 11 meds in 5 years. MDD re diagnosed as Biplar1 three years ago. Seroquel works for me. Started on 25 mg q.d. But after psychotic break out am up to 400mg. Plus 900mg Lithium. I think we’re getting close to right cocktail including Adderall and atavin when required. No weight gain but have had eating binges. Makes me sleepy but I’m ok by 10:00 am with sheer guts and. Coffee. I am thankful for these medicines."

Teruterubozu (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I had side effects beginning Seroquel which subsided after 6 weeks, I grew to appreciate this drug it did wonders for my racing thoughts, plus sleep. BUT now need to come off it after many years omg- even tapering its horrible, I'm off it now and I’m suffering withdrawals. So extreme lethargic, depressed, fluey, had 2 weeks of random vomiting plus still had nausea and can hardly look at food. I used to call Seroquel my friend and smile but now my light headed ness is back. I wish I had energy and could eat well. 2 weeks this could last or more. Just putting this out there, I was a fan and still am I guess of this drug, but coming off is hard. I hardly ever get side effects and have gone off quickly with some, but this - this is hard, this is"

Platypus Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

For Schizophrenia "helps with delusions and hallucinations with schizophrenia, it doesn't help anxiety but does aid sleep at start but now I can take 400-800 at night and it still won't make me tired just calms my schizophrenia down a lot. It is a very good antipsychotic not sure how people use it for sleep and it did help with sleep for the first week and now it doesn't make me sedated or tired but sedates my mind."

ac674 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was in and out of the psych ward for psychosis (diagnosed bipolar I with mania induced psychosis) for years until I finally committed to taking my meds and was put on seroquel 200 and lithium 900 nightly. I slowly weaned down the seroquel and have been at 25 mg for the past year in addition to the lithium. I have had zero episodes and have had a cool, stable mood since then. Seroquel works great for insomnia and the regular sleep has helped keep my mania non-existent. On a low dose the weight gain is manageable with proper diet and exercise and there are little to no side effects (besides the serious munchies.)"

Reyyya123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

"My son has taken 200mg each night for the past 3 years and he is now 16. It makes him very sleepy but seroquel along with 40mg of celexa has helped his anxiety. He just got a job last month and the mood stabilizer has helped him with emotional control. Although, he has not yet gone through puberty, I'm hoping that is not because of these drugs."

Mom of J (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Six months without a bipolar cycle. I want to socialize again, date, have friends around, and I'm always in a decent mood. Amazing medicine. I take 300 mg of quetiapine with 1200 mg lithium and 200 mg lamictal. My cocktail works!"

Scw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I try to avoid going on these forums because they always give me anxiety about the new medication I am trying out. I have let this forum make me think that side affects were happening to me that really weren't in the past. Seroquel is amazing. I have Bi Polar and Seroquel was not out when I was first diagnosed. I started on it May of 2016 and I have had to increase my dose 100mg since then and it has changed my life. Seroquel has given me the ability to start to live my life more the way I want to live it. I wanted to post that here to not discourage someone who is starting out on it. My psychiatrist heard about this from one of the top Bi Polar doctors in the world speak at Harvard. This drug is wonderful and so helpful."

BiPolarEarlyTwentiesGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Wow this medication.. it may have knocked me out many times (put me to sleep).. Hell it may have had made me sleepy 24/7, I would sleep sometimes 18 hours a day I spent a lot of time recovering with this medication.. sleeping. But I can't complain because well.. I have my life back. And I thank all those people who put their time and effort in producing this medication because without them, who knows where I'd be.. right now I'm back in college off of this medication but still on abilify. This drug may not be the cure to schizophrenia.. but it does wonders."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "If you have a mixed diagnostic, bipolar I or II, with traces of schizophrenia, seroquel acts as a good 'sidekick' to medications such as risperdal and zyprexa and abilify."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2017