User Reviews for Seroquel

Schizophrenia
6.1

Summary of Seroquel reviews 7.1 355 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve been on Seroquel for years-150mg at night to sleep. I combine it with 50 mg Trazodone and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I sleep through the night and I can deal with my anxiety and Bipolar 1. Diagnosed 22 years ago and tried just about every other drug suggested. This works-I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I’m a bit groggy in the morning but It’s worth it to be stable and functional"

Poohbear (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I struggled with bipolar 1 disorder and before I found this medication I was all over the place. When I was manic I was like supergirl and when I was down I felt so pathetic and worthless. When I first got on this drug my ups and downs got better but they were still problematic. But, it’s almost been a whole year since I got on it and I have never felt more stable so I’d say it takes time but it’s worth it. I’m not at creative as I was when I didn't have any treatment, but I am still passionate (and sane lol) and that honestly makes up for it. And I definitely do not get that low. I have my fair share of struggles but I’ve learned that it’s ok, it’s life, but nothing like the highs and lows I experienced before. It’s a miracle pill for me."

Baibai November 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel XR for 2.5 years now with doses ranging from 150mg to 250mg. Currently taking 200mg. It does work, BUT it works very slowly, therapeutically talking. The anti anxiety effects kick in I would in a week or two maximum and the sleepiness is very intense in the beginning. What I don’t like about it, is that you get used to the dose very quickly and the symptoms return needing to either up or lower the dose. It’s not a super stable medicine. The first days of upping the dose you do feel more stable, calmer, peaceful but a week after you find yourself asking for more. Now therapeutically, it brings you back to earth, you know, but it’s not enough. In my case the lack of motivation is a big thing for me. It was so bad my doctor thought I had attention issues and wanted me to try Adderall and I said no because I knew it was from seroquel. Anyway, all antipsychotics are motivation killers and make existing depression worse and trigger ADHD in my case. Good luck."

GR (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was on a number of medications. For hallucination (both tactile and visual as well as auditory) I’m dealing with more of the schizophrenia part. I been diagnosed a year now. I been on ability, respridal, zyprexa. And nothing until seroquel. I am completely calmed down and feel much better. Really sleep and very hungry. Restless legs and arms but all around a good medication."

K1998 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Ive been on seriquel 400mgs for a lot of years, ( it was a lot higher dose. I am bipolar type 2, diagnosed in 2010, and if I take anymore I cannot get good sleep. I am amazed to read the comments\post how people are sleeping so well and are groggy on a 100-200mg tablet! Wish I could!! Lol. I'm on a 400mg dose and I can't sleep well at all? Should my dose be increased? Or should another medication be added? I fall asleep but I'm not sleeping a load of hours, I get like 5-6 hours sleep no matter what time I take the dose."

Am7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for a little over 5 years, and currently at 100mg (was higher but I could not function). I am Bipolar I and have been since 1984. It was offered to me for my depressive side, and I can tell you for a fact, it didn't help at all for the mania (except it did and does help with sleep). After suffering through severe depression for about 2 years, Seroquel was introduced to me at the hospital. I went through some terrible side effect(s) that included legs with uncontrollable twitching and with arms. I still have twitches with my left arm but not often. The other effect is with the libido. I have no desire for this anymore. Is the drug worth it? I certainly is for me; without this, I am a goner to the mania world."

Dave (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "All the antidepressants were no good. Seroquel is the only med found to stabilize my mood."

Yogibear (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Gave me extremely painful full-body muscle cramps. The muscles in my eyes even cramped up."

Megumi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug works for me, it's a great drug, I'll give it a 10 out of 10."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I use this drug in a low dose, 25 mg, to help me sleep. I am diagnosed BP1. It makes me tired enough to get to sleep. I do not feel extremely tired, but if I lie down and close my eyes I fall asleep quickly, and usually can stay asleep for 7 or more hours. Some days, I do feel very groggy but it is worth it to me. I drink very little alcohol - one beer every two weeks or so, but if I drink the beer close to bedtime the combination makes me extremely tired. I have gained 15 pounds since my last Bipolar major episode (Severe M followed by severe D in fall 17 to winter 2018). All the gain happened on olanzapine (discontinued) but either lithium or seroquel seems to have made it tough to take some of that weight off."

Alt jay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I was on Seroquel for years for my schizophrenia. It did work really good, kept my psychosis down, kept me in reality. Really helped get rid of the voices although I did still hear some. Unfortunately I had to be taken off of Seroquel due to the damage it was causing to my liver. If it wasn't for the negative side effects it would have been the perfect medication for me."

Coryman616 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It changed my life. I am bipolar, and have far less episodes. I can’t remember the last time I had one. Not only that, but it has substantially helped my insomnia in combination with other medications."

Slayer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Diagnosed bipolar II early 2017, age 29. A combination of 100mgs of lamotrigine + 20mgs Lexapro worked better to stabilise my moods/reduce my anxiety than anything ever had before, I was happy. Partner and I decided I was in a good place to start planning for a baby however my psych warned of the possible risks of conceiving on lamotrigine so I began a 12 mth period of transitioning to Seroquel, which is considered lower risk during pregnancy that lamotrigine. Transitioning between drugs was going to be destabilising - I was prepared for that. What I wasn’t prepared for, was getting to a point where I should have “stabilised” on my 200mgs of Seroquel, and to be more depressed, more tired, more overweight, less motivated, more aggressive/irritable, than I had been in a very long time. I gained 10kgs in a year, my appetite was HUGE, and I could barely function due to heavy sedation. Back on lamotrigine now and feeling much more like my happy self again."

fly_sun_fly August 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on seroquel 100mg for about a month. My psychiatrist said I had some of bi-polar 2 and signs of depression. I couldn't get out of bed and I had suicidal thoughts. I began on 50mg the first two days then bumped up my dosage to 100mg. The first couple of days were pretty scary.. the side affects kicked in a bit. I had an anxiety attack while driving and had to get off my car (has never happened before.) One night I woke up in the middle of the night..couldn't breath felt like like I was about to vomit and pass out. About a week later, I began to feel better. Normal! Except for struggling to wake up in the morning. I am on my last week of the month and I'm starting to feel depressed again.. I jump in my sleep and get startled quickly. I have vivid dreams and sometimes I don't know if It happened in real life or not. Don't know why.. not sure if I need to change medication or dosage?"

MARLENE L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

"Let me just say, I HATE seroquel! I was prescribed it for sleep 8 years ago. For the first couple years I was in about 300-400mg a day and I would feel like I was literally dying when it kicked in. My heart would race, I felt like I couldn’t breathe, and then I’d just black out. It made me feel so sluggish the next day. Also, I gained soooo much weight on this! It makes you have an insatiable hunger and it’s terrible. I would walk down the halls and knock into them like I was drunk, my vision was so blurry and I couldn’t think. It was the worst sensation ever! I’m now down to 50mg of the XR and trying to wean off but I’m scared. Last time the doctor tried, I blacked out and my blood pressure dropped and the hospital said I couldn’t wean off it. Now a year later I’m trying again and it’s terrible. I can’t sleep, restless legs, can’t get comfortable, and feel tired all day. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYBODY!!!"

Kae (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm 18 and was diagnosed with Bipolar type 1 about a year ago. I've been using 200MG of Seroquel for a couple of months now and it's really helped my mood. I was suffering from a bad manic episode and it calmed me down within 1-2 weeks or so. The only bad side effect is increased appetite, sleeping a lot and nausea but I got over those within a couple of weeks."

Oli (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I love it for sleep. Honestly I was on ambien and I took way too many and it wasn't safe. I honestly thought nothing could work like it but seroquel was a life saver. I sleep like a rock. It does make me hungry though"

Nick i (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I loved that this helped me sleep. Put me to sleep and kept me under. It gave me a baseline between my ups and my lows that I never really had experienced before. I unfortunately was having a reaction to it, every night my entire body would buzz/shake. I'd wake up to that horrendous feeling and fall back under. Beside the reaction I really loved it. Too bad my body reacted like that."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel and I have a love hate relationship. When I first started taking it, I was in a hospital, my psychiatrist prescribed it. I had super vivid dreams.. but he insisted I stay on it and they’d go away. He was right, they did. Seroquel works great to calm your mind when you start receiving the correct dosage. However I’m sleepy all the time! It’s definitely a drug that I don’t want to be on very long. I’ve gained about 20lbs since being put on it, 7 months ago. "

UpperSM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Of all the meds I’ve taken for my bipolar Seroquel is the best with the least side effects. I’ve been on Abilify, Depacote, and another one can’t remember the name. Horrible side effects...severe blurred vision, rash, panic attacks, restless legs, insomnia, gastritis, blood in stools and more. Seroquel is working for me and for that I’m very grateful."

Tootie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Literally garbage. Did not help moods. Slept 12 hours at night and still needed 2-6+ hours of naps in day. No control over when to sleep. Lots of weight gain."

Rabbit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "The Cons: higher appetite, weight gain, diabetes, cognitive dulling. The Pros: I take 800/day all at night and once a quarter I accidentally double dose and feel perfect after that. I just slept for 24 hrs during a stay-cation and wow do I feel good and sharp. So my employer is aware of my condition and we structure my workload, such that I do serious creative computer programming in the afternoon after the "dulling" wears off. My advice is to take it all at 8pm and get in bed at 8:30 - 9:00. Then you will be able to do normal work at 9am and complex work after noon. Diet and exercise are key, because you have to manage the diabetes that comes with it. If I feel depressed or manic, I might add 400mg and that usually fixes it, but that is probably risky. Also note that the generic is really cheap now, under $25/month at max legal dose. Or $54 for 3 months worth."

john b (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It slowed my mind down so I could sleep. My Dr - psychologist and psychiatrist worked together with me to find the right does. 150 mg is perfect. I had been sleep deprived for years, and was told to sleep no less than 12 hours for 2 straight months. I would take 50 mg for a few days then 100mg a few days later I was up to my full dosage. After adding an extra pill, the first mornings were a little rough, holding on to the walls and walking slowly for the first 5 or so minutes of waking. This has made my life so much better in combination neither Clozanepam. I don’t have anxiety or panic attacks. My psychologist isn’t urging me and making arrangements for me to check into a hospital to get rest. These 2 drugs have changed my life and I’ve monitored my weight,"

Angela May 27, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I give Seroquel 7 out of 10. It works like a charm for my crazy head, but that doesn't seem to change the fact that it has sedative side effects"

Elsbeth (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I take 800mgs of Seroquel and 1 mg Zolipderm. I have bipolar 1 and PTSD With this combination of pills I sleep all night with no side effects. I take Lorazepam 1mg twice a day as needed and take Adderral 20mgs 3 times a day for my ADHD. I was having fainting spells. I was so sick I had to be admitted to the hospital. Stayed two days back to normal."

Ann May 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...