User Reviews for Seroquel

Schizophrenia 6.5
Summary of Seroquel reviews 6.8 407 reviews

Reviews for Seroquel

123 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I used to take this drug Seroquel for 7 years. The only side effects I had was sleeping too much, no way to wake up in the morning and "still sleeping" for 1st hour of being awake. Once I threw up breakfast because my body was just not working yet. And I was always putting guilt on me, because I didn't know that this is pill side effect. I used to think I am lazy, because I couldn't wake up. When having job, I always needed someone who woke me up, because I always turned off the alarm unaware, while sleeping. Only now when I changed pills and can normally wake up I see that I am not lazy and I am very happy for that fact! Another side effect was muscles cramps in legs - when I went to bed, I couldn't stay still, I had to move my legs because of some weird "muscle tightens". This happened occasionally. The side effects were not so terrible. It didn't do any harm to mind and emotions.”

shura June 1, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “This drug Seroquel made me feel like a zombie. Sure it would make me feel "normal" but it would completely knock me out. I was with some friends and I was going to give them a ride home from my house and accidentally took my medication too early and I literally passed out and they had to get a ride from a friend. I was only at a 50 mg dose. This medication was just not for me. I take Latuda now, which made me really drowsy when I first started taking it but I have since gotten over it.”

L · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

“This seroquel has so far been a game changer for me. I am 25 year old female, roughly 55kg, insomnia sufferer. Usually have very broken and inconsistent sleeping patterns, came to the conclusion that I probably needed sleep assistance after years of issues. I take 50mg at night around 11-12 and it knocks me out within half an hour. Don’t make the mistake of staying up on your phone or doing other things because you will end up staying awake in a daze raiding the fridge. Take it when you are ready to switch off and go to bed. I have noticed I wake up ravenous so I do cardio and caffeine in the morning to avoid weight gain - I can see how easy it could be to gain weight on this drug. Overall it works well for me. I could probably be getting away with 25mg instead of 50mg but I have such sleep anxiety that 50mg is my safe amount that I know will knock me out without overthinking.”

Zully May 2, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I can, now, see my own sign of mania or depression (having had Dialectical Behavioral therapy for six months). With that said, the meds are not miracles and after some dialectical treatment to add to my “tool box”... seroquel really helps. When I am restless, racing thoughts and moody I feel well balance after about 48-72 hours after using “coping skills” plus adding seroquel to prevent lack of sleep which induces worsening of thoughts, moods, eating, etc. For me, it’s very helpful to have self-relaxation skills to level my reactions. I give this medication, after months of skill work, A++. My experience is not to say it is 100% fluent to all bipolar sufferers. Good thing DBT is not a medication so won’t hurt to try it as a “tool”. The side-effects are mild. It does make me drowsy and sometimes do get oily face... yet, I can accept that over extended episodes. I also have to keep drinking lots of water as dry mouth is mild and do feel thirsty.”

Sam April 28, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “10 years ago, while in college, I had a marijuana induced psychosis (didn't know this was possible) & wound up in the ER. Don't remember 95% of events but apparently I thought the hospital staff was trying to kill me, was uncooperative & pulling IVs out of my arm. They had an officer restrain me & he decided it was a good idea to tase me in the head. I fell down and suffered a fractured skull, concussion & the next day my nightmare began. I developed PTSD, couldn't sleep, panic attacks, hyper-vigilance etc. I was close to ending my life when I found a $300/hr Psych. who started me on Seroquel immediately. Within 24hrs I felt almost as good as before the incident happened. I was on it for a year and stopped as the doc told me I could stop if I didn't have any psychoses in that time. Very grateful for that doc and Seroquel. Everyone should have medical care like I found regardless of their ability to pay $300/hr; fortunately my parents could afford it.”

Cutie Boots · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “My son has autism and anxiety. He started experiencing psychosis/auditory hallucinations at age 18...so bad he would yell and get very angry. We have started Seroquel, on it over 2 months now, some improvement but not great. His doc has now upped it from 25mg and we are now 500 mg. Along with Mirtazipine and Ativan for sleep. Hoping we can stay ahead of of his episodes instead of chasing them. I’ll give an update. Super helpful to read others reviews. praying we see some good results.”

Otto · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 17, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I've had a lot of side effects caused by this drug I never knew it was caused by this drug, I had high blood pressure, terrible gas last for days, muscle cramps, seizures I gained 60 lbs or more imbalance drug for 5 years or more I would not recommend it for anybody”

El February 20, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I suffer from Bipolar II, take 200mg Lamictal daily, and was prescribed 25mg Seroquel to take at night to help me sleep during hypomanic episodes. My psychiatrist claimed it would calm the racing thoughts, help me fall asleep, and hopefully make me think more clearly during the day. After taking it, I would still be awake for a couple hours trying to sleep and still having racing thoughts. In the morning, I had the worst experiences trying to wake up. I wasn’t trying to wake up early or anything, like 11 on my free days so I could sleep in, and even then I could barely open my eyes enough to turn off my alarm and would immediately fall back asleep. After finally waking up, I felt groggy and disoriented throughout the day. I couldn’t think straight, and was unable to focus during my classes. Not a good experience. I only took it a few times, and decided it was only having negative effects so I stopped taking it.”

Travis · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I have been on Seroquel off and on for three years. I have tried other meds for my Bipolar Disorder but nothing has worked better for me. I feel the only drawback is waking up in the morning with a cloudy head and dry mouth.”

Druger February 15, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “Seroquel knocked me out so bad that I slept 18 hours... the heavy sedation effect does go away though. It did not help at all with my schizophrenia. But it did make me put on a lot of weight. Altogether, antipsychotics have made me put on a ton of weight. I've tried many of them. And I used to weigh 160 pounds and now am 220... so far that's all these drugs have done to me, they should be called fat pills.”

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “Thank you everyone for sharing your views. For those that Seroquel has helped, how many weeks did it take to feel relief from the agitation? I have been on this for a week and don't feel less agitated yet, only too drowsy to yell as much after I take it for a period.”

Affinenine · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “They don't call it the demon drug for nothing. I was prescribed 25 mg in the evening for extreme irritability and "insomnia" off label. I cut it in half because I'm relatively small at 115 pounds. Knocked me out like a light. Went up to 50 mg and became nauseous, saw stars, heart palpitations, and my body felt extremely heavy. Stopped taking immediately after. Please note that the mood stabilizing effect only kicks in at a minimum dosage of 100 mg. Anything under that is a sedative, like Benadryl on steroids with the added benefit of developing akinesia and metabolic syndrome. You WILL gain weight on this drug regardless of dosage. On the bright side, it'll get rid of your allergy sniffles.”

Nefa January 12, 2020

“I am using seroquel for about 6 month dosage 100 mg for OCD . It really helped me and affected negative thoughts about 80%, which is more than good, so it is the most effective medicine for me and I have tried lots of medicines like cepralex and prozac .”

Polarizer · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “This drug absolutely did not work for me. Well the sleeping part worked.... I never slept so much in my life. Instead of waking up from 12 hours of sleep feeling well rested, I woke up angry and wanting to punch someone in the face. Sure I can have anger outbursts but only while on Seroquel did I want to punch someone. Started low at 25mg and my doctor kept increasing my dosage to 100.mg At 100mg, I would sleep 18 hours straight and my days and nights were blurred. The anger caused me great urges to drink alcohol, which is ironic because I don't even like alcohol. Eventually just stopped cold turkey and to this day I have never woken up as miserable as I was on Seroquel. Also I gained 60 pounds in a little over 2 months and had severe impotence. So definitely not for me.”

BPb January 3, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “Seroquel did not feel like it was doing anything for me the first month and a half in terms of my mood because it was the only med I was on. It did help me sleep again -- but I can't say it saved me from all of the racing thoughts and rapid cycling when up. As someone with Bipolar Disorder who experiences severe depressive phases, two doses of Lithium Carbonate, Gabapentin as needed for anxiety, and Seroquel 150mg at night for sleep is what is best for me. I guess how it forces me to fall asleep and stay asleep is what in turn effects my mood to be more relaxed the next day. Who wouldn't be relaxed when they sleep 8-12 hours a night lol. Other than that effect I do not notice a big difference in my mood change like I do with other meds.”

Jacob S. · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 15, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I take 400mg fast acting seroquel for bed and it knocks me out in about forty-five minutes. Sure beats laying awake all night overthinking things. I don't know what I'd do without it, probably stay up for several days and have another manic episode. The regular seroquel works better for me as the extended release just turned me into a brainless zombie.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

“Stay away from this seroquel if you have any sort of epileptiform activity in your brain! Epileptiform discharges mimic psychosis and rather than giving someone an anti psychotic they treat it with an anti convulsant. Seroquel makes the epileptiform discharges worse so you may have hallucinations. It happened to me. It’s a bad drug for epileptiform! Horrible! I took it for insomnia because I was so sleep deprived.”

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “Seroquel is an excellent choice for stabilizing the mood and improving sleep in the context of a Bipolar disorder. I have Bipolar II mood disorder and recently experienced chronic sleeplessness and angry-agitated moods. The day of my medical appointment I became overtly angry in two separate social circumstances. These angry reactions are very hurtful to those who experience the triggered anger. Seroquel (an antipsychotic and mood stabilizer) calms down the CNS agitation, reduces negative thoughts and improves quality of sleep: very important for our overall health and well-being!”

Winterviolet · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I started 100 mg of Seroquel after Abilify failed at managing my symptoms. On Abilify I was waking with constant anxiety and restless leg syndrome. Once I started taking Seroquel anxiety and restless leg syndrome disappeared and I’m feeling the best I’ve felt in a long time. The first week I was tired but after that passed it’s been nothing but a sense of inner peace and calmness. So happy I tried this medicine again. I think the dose of 100 mg is a perfect dose for me.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I rely on this for my sleep and psychosis episodes. I take 1/2 the 25mg as needed. No weight gain. I exercise and eat healthy. It's a lifesaver knowing my scary episodes can be treated with this.”

storm0224 November 20, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have schizoaffective disorder and manic episodes and seroquel has helped me soo much. I'm more calm I eat better sleep better the only downside is when I do have episodes they are full blown but its better than the everyday I was experiencing”

Neens · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “Has done nothing to curb my problems lack of self care, vertigo hypersexuality, suicidal thoughts round the clock. UK resident so cost not part of assessment.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Seroquel makes the psychosis easier to deal with but makes me very tired. experienced side effect drowsiness every time I took it.”

Scorpion Queen · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

“I have never been diagnosed with any conditions for which the drug is prescribed instead I have depression. What I found out accidentally, when searching for a sleep medication was, after one or two doses, my brain felt more calm and behaviorally more balanced & less anxious. Although, a bit lethargic, dizzying and unsettling @ initial dosage and awaken next day-these symptoms do not occur after 3 weeks of 100mg @ bedtime. I have never been diagnosed with bipolar or schizophrenia.”

Salty dog · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 23, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “After three days I had started having suicidal thoughts so had to go into hospital for seven days. I now take Effexor 150 and Lamictal 100”