User Reviews for Seroquel (Page 2)

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 218 reviews 33 medications

7.2
Schizoaffective Disorder 26 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 14 reviews 42 medications

6.5
Summary of Seroquel reviews 258 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been medically treating my Bipolar Disorder for 11 years. Finding the right medication and the proper doses is tremendous work. You may find that seroquel is not helping you but that may not be true, you may not have found the right dose and inital side effects do subside. I take 900mg lithium/400mg seroquel /400mg lamotragine. Up until 2013 I was in/out of serious episodes that would last for months and destroy my life. I was taking 150mg of seroquel and my doc was hesitant to increase my dose. This increase of dose saved me. I am no longer controlled by this disease, rarely have episodes. I do hate seroquel for sedation/panic attacks at night, lucid nightmare, weight gain. BUT I have my life back and the negatives are so worth it!"

griffithschris March 12, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Made me a complete zombie. Threw them out."

floridaangel (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Although my doctor prescribed it mainly for Bipolar Depression, he will temporarily increase the dose in response to emerging manic symptoms especially racing thoughts, agitation, extreme irritability and dilusions. Positive - Significantly (80-90%) calms my thoughts. Helps me fall and stay asleep. Keeps my depression in check. I am now compliant with all of my medications and trust my doctor. Negative - higher doses blunt my affect. I must take my dosage at bedtime because of tremendous sedation which is when the drug saturation is highest in my blood and brain. If I must get up during the night, for example bathroom, I'm disoriented and dizzy. I could never take it during the day. Weight gain from "munchies." Sex-related problems"

HeadinWest (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Hey all, I am writing both as a user and a person seeking additional information on Seroquel XR. I have been on it for about three months. I have found that it eliminated the manic phase of my diagnosis, as well as anxiety. However, tapering back and forth due to side effects has made it difficult to make consistent observations and I have suffered depression and even suicidality as a result. What have others experienced on this topic? I understand bipolar disorder is a multifaceted illness and therefore should be treated from both angles. Are most of you on more than one medication in conjunction with seroquel? I understand I have also had a difficult time taking it as prescribed and this may have hindered my results. Thank you."

Jayms89 February 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I spent months on this medication and all it ever did for me was make me drowsy, all I ever did was sleep, not worth the toxicity to your liver"

Does Not Work (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Works kinda well but you will sleep like nonstop and you will gain weight. I gained at least 30 pounds on this med and was sleeping like 14 hours a day."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Made me feel like a zombie. I slept too much, gained 20lbs, had restless leg syndrome and congestion at night, increased depression , I had a breakdown of laughing and crying at same time. I lost of reality."

suezyque (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had a negative experience.I was mad at my self because i went against my better judgment. I knew that this one was a weight gaining pill. I kept telling my doctor that I was gaining weight from this pill he insisted that it had nothing to do with seriqul xr he continued to say its what I was eating. I told him last week on the phone he said what have you been eating I went on a fast normally before seriqul I would just lose the extra weight when I went on a diet. This time a week went by it got even worse So I am very happy that I just stopped taking it. It is not worth it. I had a doc for 10 years prior to this one and I had never been diagnosed with bi polar - he calls it a mood disorder. I know I have it and I am open to something new"

candy kane February 16, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on a lot of them and I'm now on 300 mg Seroquel it is the best , I have not gained weight but I exercise I take it at night. I don't see things, I feel things touching me but I still have one voice and not 4 in my head ."

Stphy February 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel, 50mg nightly in addition to Lithium (2 x 200mg) and Cipramil (20mg) a dream combo for me. Stops the racing thoughts and knocks me out cold for 8 hours / night. Slight weight gain of maybe 2-3 kilos but hardly noticeable. I'll take the extra weight over hypomania and insomnia any dat."

peony16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had severe depression and anxiety for a long time. Adding to that, I was sexually assaulted and now also have PTSD. Long story short, I became addicted to opiates and am now in recovery. Being in recovery, I embarked on a journey to get my mental health under control. I was diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and PTSD. I take Seroquel at night with Lamictal, and Lithium twice daily. The Seroquel is a must for me. After five years of flashbacks, panic attacks, and night terrors over my rape, I can finally get a full night of sleep. I have asthma and it doesn't bother it, and I'm on 100mg per night. I saw one reviewer say do not take seroquel if you have asthma. The truth is EVERYONE is different. Seroquel works great for me."

Jacob Ethridge February 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I tried taking Seroquel when I was a teenager. Everytime I took it it would knock me out & I would sleep the whole day away. Needless to say, I wasn't on it for very long."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on this med in 2010 for a year. The dose went from 25mg up to 400mg. The first few weeks were very difficult. It knocked me out cold and I had such a blocked nose I could hardly breathe. I toughed it out and my depression lifted. I stopped taking it because of really bad blocked nose. I have just had a major depressive episode (2015) with insomnia. I was prescribed 100mg. It worked within 24 hours. I was able to sleep for 9 hours and feel refreshed and energized. The depression and anxiety have improved dramatically. This time I'll stay on Seroquel."

JaxWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I almost passed out on 20mg.'s. My pulse was a dangerously low 40 b.p.m.. This is a very dangerous drug that has been linked to sudden deaths when combined with at least 12 other medications."

scammed (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have a child on Seroquel. We've tried Abilify, Risperdal, and Geodon to no avail. Seroquel seems to keep her psychotic symptoms at a whisper instead of shouting in her head. My husband has also used Seroquel for his schizoaffective disorder. He switched to Risperdal because the Seroquel was sedating when ingesting over 50mg and he needed doses during the day. Our daughter is on an average of 500mg a day with no sedating effects whatsoever and we're wondering if she just does not do well on this class of drug since 600mg a day is the highest she can safely go for her age. Nothing seems to keep her psychotic symptoms completely in check, particularly her paranoia."

LizGC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on 600 mg a day 2x300. It is being used to help with depressive episodes of bipolar which I get more than the highs. It seems to of helped stop the very very lows but I still feel low with little energy or motivation. My appetite seems about the same although I have put on weight but that's down to me not working now. Sleepwise I struggle to get to sleep but once I'm asleep I sleep for about 8 hours."

Madmick. January 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "My Dr started me out at 200 mg at bedtime and 100 mg in the morning. I have found sleep comes much more naturally. Esp after the 200 dose at bedtime. And the 100mg in the morning keeps me balanced throughout the day.I am happy with my results for my Major depression."

Marine 1 January 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Turned me into a dribbling zombie. Everyone thought I was drunk. Horrible."

salyy65346757 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am dx'd with bipolar II plus other psych diagnoses and have tried multiple meds since 2004 and all of them caused such horrible side effects that I couldn't take them. Now in 2016 I am willing to try again. I fought my Dr for many years and she insisted that If I would only listen to her that I would feel much better and not have to suffer with my rollercoaster emotions. The down is so bad now that I finally couldn't stand myself any longer so I told her I'm willing to try Seroquel. I took it for a month only to find out that it causes VERY low libido. I know that sanity is more important than a libido, but come on!!! Isn't there an RX that works like Seroquel without the low libido effect? Help!!! otherwise this medicine is perfect."

lintek (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm not sure how I feel about this drug helping with my bipolar. I'm on lamictal for that and was put on seroquel to help with it until I was on a high enough dosage of that and truly did not feel it made any difference. I have stayed on a low dose of seroquel simply because I LOVE the sedative effects. If there was an option on here for the reason we were taking it was "insomnia" I would have put that. I never realized how awful I was sleeping until this medicine. 50mg a night and I get an amazing nights sleep. No more waking up to every little sound despite sleeping with a noise maker. It's amazing."

Mellooo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Seroquel for severe anxiety and suspected bipolar. Let me begin with this. Do not EVER TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE ASTHMA. You know that horrible drying effect that many antihistamines have resulting in asthma attacks? This is much worse. I started out with an 8th of a tablet (12.5mg). This gave me a calm, sleepy feeling that would put me to sleep for bed and would last until roughly 5pm the next day. But when I upped the dose to 37.2mg I had a really bad asthma attack, heart pounding and my ears rang which lasted 2 weeks after I discontinued the med. Not a pleasant experience for someone with severe anxiety. Be very cautious. Up the dosage more slowly than the MD recommends. I was to start 50mg/night"

Tacodog (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

"I'm 47 and have severe insomnia associated with Young Onset Parkinson's. Normally I take stilnox/Ambien nightly for sleep but recently I went through a 2 month period when the Ambien was not working effectively so my doctor gave me this stuff...It gave me the worst, most vivid nightmares I can ever remember having. Thankfully the Ambien is back to working so I won't be taking this horrendous stuff ever again.....If you have Parkinson's, I would definitely just say no to seroguel as I have talked to several other Parkinson's patients that have had a bad time with it."

Draco2023a (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Misdiagnosed as bipolar when it was GAD. Weaned myself off after severe blood pressure and white blood cell drops. Dr. refused to help me stop this drug and refused to change diagnosis. I weaned myself off - it took almost 3 mos. it's been over a year and my sleep pattern has been destroyed. New doctor has me on Trazadone - 250mg, which I took in the past. Now the Trazadone only keeps me asleep 3-4 hours. White blood cell count and blood pressure have normalized. "

M-Li January 10, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking seroquel for 17 years . I am diagnosed as schizophrenic but for the last 10 years I have had very little symptoms. After 6 years of being shifted from one med to another all of which made me feel awful, made me put on weight and had no effect on my condition.I was happy to be put on seroquel purely because I felt normal but still had very little effect on my symptoms. I was very reluctant to change meds again so stuck with it . I had my energy back and was getting out exercising and started to loose the weight I'd put on . The schizophrenia was still there but at least I was getting a break from just sitting there with it. It took a while but after 2-3 years the symptoms started to decrease and just kept on decreasing ."

Bazzzaaa1 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking this drug for a few months I'm on a very high dose (800mg). I was finding on lower doses my paranoia was overwhelming and my depression was getting to the suicidal point. Now I'm on a higher dose I'm like a zombie, lack of motivation in everything I do. For me personally, I do not think its the right drug for me but everyone takes to medications differently"

English friend (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016