User Reviews for Fanapt

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Fanapt.

Psychosis

6.5

4 reviews
Summary of Fanapt reviews 6.4 22 reviews

Reviews for Fanapt

For Psychosis "I've been on this medicine since March 28, 2014 and it's currently 3/28/2017. Very effective medicine with no weight gain, but it takes away my ability to ejaculate which I sometimes miss. I've really been waiting on the injection version to be available as this is the best medicine we've found for me for depression and psychosis and I'd like to try the shot. Our insurance Aetna & medicaid covers the co-pay entirely. This medicine is great for anyone suffering from schizophrenia, depression, autism, or bi-polar. I've been diagnosed with all four. Other medicines I've tried are Latuda which gave me the need to constantly move akathesia, I've been on nearly every medicine and I'd recommend this one the highest , I also take clonidine to sleep"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This is a miracle med its helped with the hallucinations and the paranoia"

austin dad February 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I've taken Fanapt for about a month and it feels as though I'm taking nothing for my mental illness. Plus I'm achy all over, have heart palpitations and feel agitated all the time. I'm going back to zyprexa"

smiley.82 December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Fanapt is the first medicine we've tried where I can function because of the medicine. I can hold a job now, the paranoia is wayyy down, and I only get a few hallucinations throughout the day. My mind isn't quite as sharp, and the dry throat gets pretty bad, but other than that, this drug has saved my life. I've been on it for 8 months now."

JakalSwitch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "So far nothing but the worst dry mouth I ever experienced. It hasn't even been a week and I am not sure if I can do this. HORRIBLE THIRST! I even wake up in my sleep to drink water and it doesn't help. I have temporal lobe epilepsy and my seizure activity causes schizophrenia like complications. I REALLY WANT THIS TO WORK! I'm worried about diabetes. I wonder if I am having a reaction with my other medications. So far no seizures though."

Psychotic Epileptic (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "It worked well but horrible horrible Sexual side effects. No more ejaculation for man. Not recommended."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective February 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "At first I thought it was helpful because I want to remain open and optimistic, I do think the medication helped with some anxiety. The side effects for me were so negative. It became very clear once off the Fanapt how the side effects were adversely impacting me. I had severe joint and muscle pain as a result of taking Fanapt. I can deal with a little anxiety. My other medications take care of that Lamictal and Topamax. Fanapt side effects outweigh the benefits for me. Yoga and breathing exercises and mindful meditation. Also the restlessness and dry nasal passage ways and feeling that I had to constantly have to move and shuffling of my feet as well as the long term possible tardive dyskinesia. "

buddygrl December 12, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I've been on this medicine for 8 days and no side effects. I'm slowly coming off the Clozaril because it made me so tired and he put me on Fanapt. Giving it time."

richard campbell (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "This medication has changed my life. It helps me with my psychosis, depression, and anxiety, with virtually no side effects. It made me tired initially but that didn't last longer than a week. I also lost a few pounds which is great because I had gained lots of weight on other medicines. I LOVE Fanapt! I'm a new person on this medication and for the first time in my life, I am doing well in school."

Fanapt Fan December 19, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My son who is 27 has only been on this 2 days and he says he is socializing. Spoke to people, played ping pong."

AmeliaBound (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "I was put on this a few days ago. It does seem to level out my mood and it seems to make me "spin out" a lot less. Sleeping better after stressful situations and am bouncing back from emotional setbacks much better. Only problem so far is I am unable to ejaculate. Hoping they find something that will allow me a sex life though. I am dizzy and groggy on it too. But I will definitely use this if no other treatment gives me the peace that Fanapt does."

vinman563 July 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I couldn't sleep at all. It made my heart beat fast. Overall physically I felt very uncomfortable and unstable. I stopped it and went back to Zyprexa."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Amazing medicine, side effects minimal and results fast. Hallucinations, visual and auditory gone completely within days of starting this medication, also seemed to improve overall mood."

Anonymous November 17, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "I was put on Fanapt for my Bipolar a little over a year ago. I also take other medicines, but this one really did the trick for me and got me on track. I do struggle with the drowsiness and take it early in the evening in order to get up the next morning... but it is worth it to me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My daughter had great symptom control, but developed urinary and fecal incontinence after being on it for over a year. Back to looking for the next best medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Fanapt was the third medication I tried to treat mood swings associated with Bipolar Disorder. It has worked wonders for me! It decreased my emotional reactivity so that I am able to perform well at work. I have less anxiety and my hypomanic episodes are not only fewer, but also less intense. I really wish that it was less expensive, though. My insurance will not cover it and even if it did, it is so expensive that it would consume more than half of my annual benefit allotment. I hope I can find a way to continue taking it. It has made such a difference for me."

Anonymous February 5, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This medicine has saved my life. I take it along with other medicines of course, but I can really tell the difference in my level of anxiety. Would recommend anyone with unrelenting anxiety to try."

Anonymous October 25, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take Fanapt for Bi-Polar Disorder and Anxiety. Have been on Fanapt for several months and have had great results with it. I missed 2 doses and could see a huge difference in myself. I would recommend it to anyone. I haven't had any side effects from it. It's been great."

SusieQ41 January 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have only been on this medication for 5 days and I haven't slept in 5 days. Going to stick with it for another 5 days and see what happens."

Anonymous October 23, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I have only been taking Fanapt for a couple of months now and am happy to say it really works well and has less side effects then my previous medicines."

Natsu June 2, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "I've been on this for a month. The symptoms I was put on this medicine to control are under control. It's worked great for that. The problem lies with the side effects. I'm sleepy constantly. I went from sleeping less than 4 hours a night to sleeping more than 12 hours a day. I'm exhausted. I've put on weight and I have a stuffy nose, head cold symptoms all the time. If I miss a dose the cold like symptoms let up but when I take the next dose its back in full force. I have been "sick" for the last month. No medicine that I've been put on for the "cold/allergies" help. It has to be the Fanapt causing it. I'm miserable. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the cold just magically went away. Imagine that!"

sjAimee April 14, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psychosis "Just recently started taking this for depression, bipolar, insomnia and anxiety. I feel so tired and groggy feeling."

sebmissya March 26, 2010