User Reviews for Abilify

Bipolar Disorder
5.7

Summary of Abilify reviews 6.3 692 reviews

Reviews for Abilify

For Depression "Life changer for me. I am using 2mg of Generic Abilify with 450mg Wellbuterin and 40mg Prozac. I suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) 12 years ago and my thought process has a major improvement sine being on these. I gained 8lbs but could be from increasing of Prozac from 20mg to 40mg given same time as Abilify."

Kwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "After complete hesitation of taking Abilify added on with Lexapro I tried it and WOW it worked wonders I came out of a suicidal state within few days and I’ve lived a normal few weeks. I’m not saying that this is completely over with but I feel so much better I’ve had zero side effects from it and I am on 5 mg I was hesitant to take any kind of drug add it onto an antidepressant already but it is well worth it and I feel so much better already"

Kristy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

For Depression "My psychiatrist put me on 1 mg of Abilify about two months ago, hoping it would augment the Paxil (paroxotine) I've been taking for 20+ years, and which is no longer effective. My mood almost immediately improved, but unfortunately, Abilify makes me feel restless, irritable and fatigued, as well as slightly hypomanic."

Lizzie G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2019

For Depression "I was on Abilify for 4 months. I was on only 2mg. Gained 17lbs after 2 months. Had an enormous appetite, always hungry even an hour after eating. Really did nothing for me. And I am still trying to get this weight off."

lakegirl March 23, 2019

For Autism "Son started taking 2mg abilify in Nov and it did great. Helped with his emotional instability. Around Jan-Feb, I noticed that his behavior is back to pre-medication. He’s emotional, crying at everything, and developed aggression. Going to ween him off and find and different medication."

Kaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This stuff is awful . Shame on the doctors selling it. Don't take this med at any cost."

timmy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2019

For Depression "I cannot express how much Abilify has already changed my life and it has only been a week. I feel reborn. Before being prescribed this med I felt hopeless, depressed, and my anxiety was terrible. I thought I could never be happy, but I already feel like a new person. I see sunshine and look at life totally different."

Liv March 11, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Abilify is great, I don't feel flat like zyprexa and invega made me feel. Do not gain any weight. I feel energy and motivation to do things. At first it made me feel a little bit restless but that seems to fade away. Been using it for over a month now. Hope it stays this way!!"

Nietzsche (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Schizophrenia "Was on paliparidone for 6 months and pretty much wanted to die. Switched to Abilify 200 mg injection and things are much better. Took a very long time to get over the first medication but once I did the difference between the two was night and day. I am not dizzy when I stand up and my strength has returned. I still feel a little zombie like though so cannot give it a ten but no voices and no obvious side effects. If you are suffering from a not too severe case of schizophrenia, or a drug and alcohol induced psychosis, then this drug may just work for you. Best of luck."

Doing well (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2019

For Depression "I experienced Parkinson’s symptoms with Abilify. I went through a long period of limbo, not knowing if I had Parkinson’s or not. I even went through the BIG program for those with Parkinson’s. I read that Abilify can cause Parkinson’s symptoms. I stopped taking it and the symptoms went away. Too bad, because it was the first thing I’ve taken that worked for my depression."

agsols (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Depression "I think that 2 MG's does not cause weight gain. On the 5 mg I noticed weight gain. I took 2 mg and when I needed a jolt I took 2 of the 2 MG's for a few days then went to just 1 of the 2 MG's tablet. It's like after 2 years it wasn't working as well but I will not go off of it again. It pulled me out of the bed for over a month I was just laying around not wanting to do anything and after 2 days of 2 mg tablet, it felt like the lights were turned on again when nothing else would help. I have not gained weight at all on 2 MG's."

Sapp6511 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2019

For Depression "Took a small amount 2mg abilify to augment Lamotrigine. Really did not like it. Caused me to have tremors which stayed with me during the duration of therapy. Also increased my anxiousness to the point where sometimes I could not sit down, or feel relaxed."

Pocariboy February 5, 2019

For Depression "Yes I think taking abilify at day time is crazy. I get so sleepy its awful..."

rubenruben (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Ability works great to treat my mood disorders"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I’ve been taking Aripiprazole for about 4 days, and I already feel a LOT less depressed. But not 100% yet, it’s too soon to tell. I still have anxiety. I will follow up soon. Also, I have noticed no side effects so far besides appetite increase (which is good in my case because I am underweight) and dizziness/sleepiness when it kicks in. So I take it at night."

pinklotus (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Schizophrenia "Abilify is good for me. Works really well taking the 20mg tablets. Not gaining weight like I did on zyprexa."

Felix77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Depression "My life has changed so much for the better, I am my self again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend this medication. I suffer with ADD, depression, and I take sertraline along with the generic form of abilify. I noticed a difference after the first week. Stick to it people, I promise you, you're missing out on a great life here"

Echrapy7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

For Depression "I’ve been very depressed since losing my Mom two years ago. My depression had worsened to the point where I could hardly drag myself out of bed in the morning. I’ve been on Celexa for anxiety & depression. It was like a magic bullet for my anxiety but did nothing for my depression! My Dr started me on Abilify two weeks ago and I can actually feel it working! I’m actually doing things without having to drag myself. Another positive thing: I’ve always had wonderful dreams at night, but have never had a single dream since I lost my Mom. I actually started having dreams again! I feel like my brain is waking up from a long sleep!"

Magoo (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I took this for three months and it caused me to gain 40+ pounds"

Jns1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Since starting Abilify (in combo with Lamictal), I find that my depression, both the major and mild symptoms, is gone! On just Lamictal it was mild but still there. Now it's as if it's been wiped out. Hope this lasts, as I haven't been on the drug very long. I also have mood swings and impulsivity issues so I think it helps with that too. Now I'm just waiting for something for my OCD and attention issues."

kellymcnamara1994 December 10, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "One of the most horrible drugs I have seen. A terrible reaction. Anger and hostility, craziness and spending. Watch out for this drug. It was horrendous."

mom witness (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve tried every mood stabilizer, typical psychotic and atypical antipsychotic for my Aspergers and Bipolar depression, and Abilify always helps the most. I feel happy on it and it helps me with dysphoric mania consistently. It does cause weight gain, but I have been able to lose weight on it by cutting calories to 1500 a day and walking regularly. Plus, it has a generic version now, so it’s cheap!"

Dizzydaisy (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2018

For Depression "I have ADHD and treatment resistance Major Depressive Disorder. I have tried just about every medication to treat my depression and nothing worked for the past 15 years. This year my doctor rx'ed me 5 mg of Abilify to add with Vyvanse and Wellbutrin. I can say for the first time in my life; I'm not depressed. I have never felt this happy before. I'm not used to being happy and keep waiting for something bad to happen and relapse, but day by day passes and I still feel AMAZING!!!"

Morgan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Depression "I absolutely hate abilify. I cannot stay still I feel like I have to be doing something constantly and even when I am doing something I feel the need to lay down all the time. I get super bad shakes, super sweaty all the time, and bad insomnia. I can't even eat anymore this medication makes me feel like not myself. I'm glad it has worked well for other people but this just isn't for me even when I'm off of it I still feel the same I'm not sure how long it takes to get out of your system"

assirallll (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medicine for over a month. After the first few days, I could feel that I was getting better❤️ I had lots of energy, a great attitude, depression and anxiety is gone❤️ I did have to go from 2 mg to 5 mg, because it was seeming less effective, and the transition has been good. The only bad thing is I get indigestion every day, but nothing a rolaids can’t fix. I highly recommend this medication"

Baby hair (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018