User Reviews for Abilify (Page 3)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Abilify.

Autism

Bipolar Disorder
5.8

Summary of Abilify reviews 6.5 610 reviews

Reviews for Abilify

For Depression "I've been taking abilify on and off for about eight years. I feel so flat. I use to be a go getter not anymore. I feel lazy with the abilify and lamictal combo. What should I do. I feel emotionally flat and people say I look lifeless."

Tina1988 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2017

For Depression "I have been on Antidepressants for years - After several different meds my doc has me on Celexa 40 mg - I was still experiencing anxiety and worsening depression so we tried Abilify 10 mg. It was terrific until day 6 when my anxiety was horrible and I couldn't sit still at all. This med tripled my anxiety so I stopped it. I'm now taking 1/2 my Celexa (20 mg) and I started myself back on Welbutrin today - finally, the anxiety caused by the Abilify is gone - I see my doctor tomorrow - but I was just wondering what else works on Anxiety?"

Boyz5 May 1, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "After taking anti-psychotic medications for 9 years and trying just about every single one of them, I have finally found one that is working for me, at this point in my life. I started this medication (Abilify) nearly 4 months ago and the positive changes I’ve seen in my life make me so happy. I have lost almost 30 pounds within these last several months, I have been more active with my children, and I actually get off the couch and walk and enjoy life. I’ve been involved with my “FitBit” challenges which I would’ve never attempted to even think about doing before. My manic episodes are very rare and less erratic. Before when I would be on a anti-psychotic medication I would feel like I was in a “zombie mode” barely functioning day by day. The only downfall I have with this medication (Abilify), which is a side effect, is if I get up to quickly I get dizzy and just collapse. Now I’m at a plateau with my weight, but I’m not gaining weight either. I give this Anti-Psychotic Medication a 9 out of 10."

Charlotte9459 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on 5mg Abilify with a combination of Wellbutrin and lexipro medication therapy. Having no side effects. My sugar levels are within normal range and my BMI is at 23, normal range. I've had nothing but success on this medication. Previously, having to try numerous medications Atypical and second generation antidepressants, the regimen I take now has significantly decreased my symptoms of wanting to harm self and severe depression (isolation, poor self care, etc). This medication is awesome! I would definitely recommend to others."

Snowtippy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Excellent. Depression lifted fast. Stabilizes my mood very well, as a bonus I spontaneously los 55 lbs! All that weight came from Seroquel and Zyprexa. Con, has a negative effect on sleep, I need melatonin to be able to sleep. Also my blood pressure is suddenly a lot lower, 102/63 causing some light headedness during the day. It's however the first med that is able to stabilize my mood very well with very acceptable side effects."

Blueszz (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm not an easy patient, unsatisfied with the weight gain from the typical atypicals, lacking an 'oomph' from lithium, allergic to lamotrgine and anti-depressants give me a one way ticket to the manic rollercoaster. I started Abilify and within 3 days I was hypermanic and nauseous to boot. No sleep, spending $400 on some bed sheets seemed like a marvellous idea, thrill seeking etc and throwing up every 3 hours. However my psychiatrist guided me through it with sleep meds and something to settle the stomach and I'm so glad I pushed through. Yeah, the restlessness is an issue but I'd like to consider myself an 'experience and going out' person now. Anything better than the listlessness of depression or meds that are supposed to cure it."

Noekster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

For Depression "Had to come off this med, experienced many side effects. My doctor put me on Lamictal (along with my anti-depressant and this combo worked well for me."

jaccar (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I have rapid-cycling bipolar and have been on Abilify for a little over 7-8 months. At first, I was on the Abilify by its self and I experienced worsened anxiety and depression. I was thinking about switching drugs after a few weeks of these negative feelings not going away, so my Pdoc added Zoloft to my mix. This combination was a life saver for me. I would definitely recommend using Abilify as an add-on. My mania is manifested as rage, impulsiveness, and rapid negative thoughts in my head and Abilify stopped that for me. The only negative side effect I have now is weight gain. I've only gained 8 pounds, but I have to ignore my food cravings."

veee March 27, 2017

For Depression "I have been taking 450 mg of bupropion and 20 mg escitalopram for about 3 years and the combination has been working pretty well to control my depression and anxiety. I had breakthrough depression a couple of times a week, when I would feel guilty about random things, worry about things I couldn't control and get pretty "weepy". My doctor prescribed abilify, starting at 2.5 mg and increased it to 5 mg. This helped a lot! However, I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. I am tapering off abilify, and will start 25 mg of lamictal tomorrow."

momkat21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I took this med for 2 weeks. Within 3 days I was in full thrown into full a total manic state. I was awake every night by 3am because I couldn't sleep. I spent quite a significant amount of money in a short amount of time! I also put 4 pounds on in this time. The only positive thing I can say is that it gave me energy. The reason my pdoc tried me on it was depression and lack of energy. I also have bipolar and have been on Lithium for 3 years and have been steady until I took Abilify. Needless to say I have stopped taking this med."

Lpapa March 26, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on abilify for 6 weeks now and am still experiencing anxiety, agitation, constipation. I also feel sedated although I feel like I can't sit still."

Angel 23 March 24, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I started Abilify because my bipolar disorder drug cocktail became less effective. Abilify was new on the market. It lifted my mood considerably, I felt great. And without any bad side effects. I thought. After about 6 weeks I developed hand tremor. It got worse. My psychopharmacologist sent me to a neurologist who began treating me for a kind of tremor that's inherited. He did not believe it was due to Abilify- which now has a side effect listed as "muscle movements that could become permanent." Naturally I stopped taking Abilify. So either the neurologist is right, and Abilify activated the tremor or I developed the permanent muscle movement side effect. Either way, I now have to take an anti-tremor drug."

Merry Xmas (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

For Agitated State "Abilify made me extremely aggitated about the smallest things that wouldn't normally anger me. The time I was on it I am surprised I didn't end up in prison or a psych ward. One of the worst experiences of my life.. They must have had a good ad campaign for this drugs, because doctors seems to think it is the answer to everything. Fact is, the two trials done for the drug before it became the next coming of Jesus were done by the drug company who made it. Funny thing is, thy didn't hide in their trial that is caused agitation in a little less than half of their patients, which raises the question of why these companies even bother doin trials. They should just sell sugar pills, because it is clear that money was their only motivator..."

Nexxt March 13, 2017

For Autism "After 15 years of suffering from all kind of behaviors and agression we found the best neaouroligist in the world who cured my son from autisum, and it was a cure, if he was able to control the bheavior then he cured him to me. My son took 7. 5 abilify in the morning along with 2500mg of depakin chrono at night he took one 25 mg seroquel and depakin and 0. 25 clonozepam..My life has changed life is beautiful once you find the right combination..Abilify is a good medication. I love it"

KALAWANGU March 13, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Excellent medication! When I was first on Abilify I hated it. At first the doctors put me on 10mg which I hated because the dose was too high ( thinking about it now) . Then my doctor raised it to 20mg which was just making me even more emotionless. So I switched back to risperidone consta (injection), but I've always hated risperidone consta, so I thought my life was over. But then I noticed I had a full pack of abilify left over from before. So I decided to take just small dose of Abilify along side the risperidone consta, and guess what? The Abilify is great at such a small dose. It completely blocks the side effects of risperidone and I can live a greater life now. So I take Abilify and have risperidone injection every 2weeks."

Huystread 2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

For Depression "Worst medication I've ever taken. Experienced every side effect except sudden death and compulsive gambling. Started to feel like a zombie devoid of anything real. If you're not psychotic, don't take this!!!"

Triple Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 2, 2017

For Depression "I have experienced depression for years now and nothing seemed to work or I would get all of the side affects. A few weeks ago my Dr prescribed Abilify and wow, it works. I am taking 5mg a day currently. I say give it a try. It improved my mood my depression. After a few days. It has given me a better quality of life with my 10 yr old son. It has pulled me out of the dark . I hope it keeps working."

Shalshock (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

For Depression "I have been treated with situational depression that turned to a chemical imbalance and have tried just about every SSRI/ SNRI out there. I was on Cymbalta 60mg alone for several years and even with ability 2mg but it wasn't until I tried cymbalta 60mg with Abilify 5 mg that I saw real results I have more energy than I have had in several years, my anxiety and social anxiety levels have diminished to almost non existent. I don't seem to have any side effects from the Abilify. Hope some of you try my advice."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Did nothing for my delusions and hearing voices. It only made me twitchy, unable to sleep, agitated and gave me extreme tremor. On only 5 mg. I much prefer olanzapine, more effective with milder side effects."

BabygirlXOXO February 21, 2017

For Depression "I`ve dealt with profound depression most of my adult life. I`ve gone the gamut of most antidepressants with varying degrees of success. Most, even the very useful, usually lose potency after a few yearsl Out of desperation, my physician prescribed a small dose of 2 mg of Abilify in conjunction with Wellbutrin. Within a few days, my energy levels skyrocketed and my mood greatly improved. Even though I`m concerned about the many side effects, I plan on staying with it while it still helps."

JC 69 February 9, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I am very happy with Abilify. I have been on it with Lexapro and klonopin and I am feeling much better than I was. I can make firm decisions. As a matter of fact I bought my first home at 58. I take care of my own finances and for the most part I am very pleased with my adulthood. I am a wonderful grandma and my babies love me. It is awesome to be me. I feel free and "human ". I am blessed!!!!"

Noblee (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 8, 2017

For Depression "First I was afraid to start on this drug, I tried respiredone it was horrible - I had nightmares and fatigue, and I felt verry foggy. Doctor put me on abilify 2.5 mg in addition to effexor 300mg it works very well it gave me stability never been stable for long, no ups and downs it made my days better and really lift my mood! When I tried to stop I went into anxiety and depression so now I decide to go back on it. It really worth trying! No side affects except little fatigue. Life savior. No mood swings"

Deealt February 5, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've left an experience description on this site, on July 1, 2016. On the plus side, I'm still calm, socially acceptable, void of psychosis, anger, am kinder and gentler. But I've and continue to do so, developed anxiety. It is accompanied by a strong depression. The quality of my life has taken a turn for the worse for the last two months or so. And it is constantly getting worse. Today I took half a tablet of Clonazepam, as suggested and prescribed by my psychiatrist for exactly this reason. Anxiety, panic. And it helped!! But I resent to have to take a pill for such deeply disturbing and serious a side effect. Especially one such pill that is potentially extremely habit-forming, tolerance-developing, and dependence-training."

KarinthyFrigyes (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

For Depression "I've suffered depression from 35 years. It started situational then was magnified by an intense traumatic brain injury in 2010. I've tried every AD on market. I had horrible side effects, trouble tapering down, and really no relief. On Abilify, no weight gain. No spaciness. No dilated pupils. This drug works. Even through a death 12/30 & husband Dxed BiP over Xmas. I'm not taking any other AD. 1mg. Plus Klonopin."

Sun Moon & Stars (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Total Mania, could not sleep, monitored sleep showed never in REM sleep at all over an 8 hour period. Anxious, increased Resp Rate, wide awake, no hunger, racking thoughts. Unable to finally function at job related to no sleep. This drug is horrid!"

Manic now January 13, 2017