User Reviews for Trintellix

Major Depressive Disorder
6.1

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.1 686 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on 5 mg of this for 3 months and was told I may experience nausea in the beginning but it would subdue after a few weeks. But every night I take it I’m so disgustingly queasy and I get bad headaches and it’s hard to function or do anything or be around people because of this. It’s made me randomly throw up. It helped with my depression somewhat but not anxiety as much. The effects aren’t as overpowering or heavy duty as you see in some other medications like Prozac. This can be good depending what your looking for but the side effects did not suit my body. It’s also very expensive."

Sad Gurl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Depression "I tried Trintellix 5mg for a week but had the worst nausea. No change with food or when taking it before bed. Every time, about 30 minutes after taking it, the nausea kicked in: I would feel the acid rising, stomach irritation, and my gag reflex get really sensitive. I had to sit still and fight off the strong urge to vomit for about 2 hours until it eventually subsided. I read that some people had less nausea over time, but I just couldn't stick it out and work/live my life. It's a bummer because I felt so much better emotionally, I really wanted to continue it. I just don't know why it causes such intense stomach upset :( Currently I'm trying 100mg Wellbutrin again and might ask to add an SSRI to that as well."

RubyRed (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had depression and PMDD for years. Was on Lexapro and Wellbutrin but cut the Lexapro out because of anorgasmia. So I started 10mg Trintellix First week: heightened mood, a little less patient with family and friends, severe nausea after taking meds but got Zofran to take with it Second week: the fun first week ended and I feel semi-low again (like a good day but you see you're still depressed, still feel like a shell) Third/fourth week of taking Trintellix: zero bowel movements without fiber, miralax, Senna. Feel sick when I eat anything. Anger/irritability continues to increase. Maybe starting to get migraine headaches? New head pain with nausea that I've never had before."

Chickiemouse (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Depression "I have been on the 20mg Trintellex for 6 months. This my 3rd anti depressant and it seems to be working very well. I understand that drugs are chemicals and our bodies comprised of chemicals. So laboratory chemicals may not always mesh with some of our physical/chemical makeup. I have not had any of the side effects that the drug list but have experienced a great deal of hair loss since I began taking this drug. The price tag for this drug is a bit much and it’s a shame that you have to choose between being mentally healthy or a great head of hair!!!!!"

Botani (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Depression "Have just started using this drug, and am amazed at how fast it works! I already feel better after only 3 days!! Changed medication after 30 years' use of Cipralex, which did nothing for my depression, but did a great job keeping my panic anxiety under control. I just hope the stream of light that I now suddenly feel I can see, is not only my mind playing a trick on me, but a real effect of the new medication."

Thunder (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been diagnosed with MDD for the majority of my life. I've tried almost every drug in the book. One that actually worked for me was Lexapro but now that I am married I had to find a new medication since my sex drive on that one was completely nonexistent. My doctor put me on Trintellix 5mg and the first couple weeks it made me extremely nauseous which I was willing to deal with. But now I am just angry ALL OF THE TIME. I fly off the handle over anything, at anyone, at any time. It's literally destroying any relationships that I have. I have a doctor's appointment in a week and I'm hoping I can hang in there until then but to be honest I've already quit taking it cold turkey two days ago (I know it's the worst thing you can do but I'm ruining my life here) It's also extremely expensive, even with insurance. I found a coupon through my doctor though which lowered it to $10 but it's only good for 1 year. Good thing I plan on changing otherwise it would be $200 with insurance."

br00k3rs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2019

For Depression "Zoloft at a high dosage had always been effective for me to pull out of a major depressive episode. I recently started Zoloft again after a year of upheaval that led to anxiety and major depression. This time I felt like a zombie. Dr. started Trintellix. Initially I was very nauseated and it caused diarrhea. This was at 5 mg. This got better and Dr. bumped me up to 20 mg. I have noticed I have more energy, but 20 mg makes me feel angered easily. So I tried 10 mg. Not sure how this did. Anyway, at any dose - I have increased hunger. I gained 5 pounds in the 1st 3 weeks alone; now gained 10 pounds. I just don't like the medicine. I don't like any antidepressants due to side effects. The side effects outweigh the benefits for me. I think I will try without them. I think anxiety is more of an issue for me than depression. I have Klonopin for that as needed, which is not often. I take Trazodone for sleep and it is effective."

Lulabelle January 7, 2019

For Depression "They put my 11 yr old daughter on this stuff. It's been a nightmare. Her moods are all over the place. She had a gene test done and we found out certain medicine, she can't metabolize. She has been on a lot of different medicine and so far only thing that worked was rispidone. But she gained a lot of weight with it so that won't work either."

Corgi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Depression "I began Trintillex in early in November, 2018. I started at 5mg, went to 10mg, with only minor issues with constipation. I went to 20 mg and now need to take MiraLax each day (and I'm still not "normal"). The drug works very well for me--very well. It kicked the deep, dark cloud far enough away to give me a chance to regain clarity. Now, after 10 weeks, the cloud has dissipated. It has helped mildly with anxiety (including social anxiety). It definitely works for me as an anti-depressant. BUT, the constipation is an issue. I'm considering going back down to 10mg to see if it's dosage related. Will discuss with my doctor. By the way, I take it at night--have no nausea and helps me sleep. And I'm experiencing improvement in brain clarity (no fog). I really, really, really don't want to stop taking this. Aside from the constipation, no side effects."

jay December 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The best antidepressant I’ve ever taken. Giving it 9 stars because for the first two weeks, I felt like a had a knot in my throat. After that period was over, everything else was smooth sailing. I only have to take 5 mg a day for Trintellix to be effective so that’s a plus. Starting off with this low dosage, I hopefully should be on this medication for awhile. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "In six weeks of 20mg dose I have gained 12 pounds. I got through a couple of pages of reviews here and see no mention of weight gain and it is supposed to be “weight neutral”. That said, my stomach is tight and bloated and I was convinced I had something more serious going on but it has to be this med. Initially I could tell a positive difference but that plateaued and I wasn’t improving any further. I didn’t get sick stomach or headaches but the weight gain is a deal breaker."

Tray (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have tried Vybridd, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Prozac. Prozac I had a huge relief in symptoms but the side effects I could not tolerate. The doctor put me on Trintillex 10mg and after a month I felt no improvement or side effects so I was bumped up to 20mg. I am no longer depressed but I do not feel as good as I did on prozac emotionally. I have noticed impotence , constipation, increased sinus infections, minor weight gain, and neck stiffness. Overall I haven't had any intolerable side effects and it is keeping my depression at bay. Because of the price I am hoping to come off the medication in a few months."

E.Ceasar1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on trintellix for 6 months and it has been a very positive experience. It’s effective for anxiety & depression with little to no sexual side effects. I encourage people to stick with it for a few months before making any judgements. After reaching my titration level things have been great. Make sure to take it with food. I learned that one the hard way..."

Linda December 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've struggled with massive depression for about 15 years now and it is very real. I've taken all sorts of different kinds pritiq, wellbutrin, zoloft, viibrid, and many others and I think trintillix worked better then most. 1 big problem! After taking it for a little longer than a month I started to get very bad constipation. Problem is that I didn't realize it was from the medication at first. Then I told my doctor and she confirmed that it was from Trintillex. I felt like I was pooping out a porcupine each time I had to have a bowel motion and that's no exaggeration. I would spend an hour struggling away on the toilet until I finally pooped Told my doctor that I couldn't take it any longer. But hey, my depression was better. Now I'm on viibrid which isn't working as good and I have no sex drive. "

Depressed guy December 29, 2018

For Depression "I have tried many antidepressants and I have to say so far I am very happy with this one. You don't gain weight, you have energy, and you don't feel doom and gloom. It also does not give you anxiety. No sexual side effects. I have been on it for about two months and so far no issues. I am currently happy on this medication and hope that more improvements will come with longer usage."

jflo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2018

For Depression "This medication has been a game-changer for me, even just being on the lowest dosage. With this being my first antidepressant, I didn’t know what to expect, but after a few weeks the change was undeniable. Even after a day or two my concentration improved. I do get a bit nauseous for about an hour after I take it with a meal, but it’s not bad enough to outweigh the benefits."

Elizabeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Effective within 3 days for me. My executive function is off the charts and my suicidal ideations are almost non-existent when I am medicated with Trintellix."

Snikram (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2018

For Depression "Omg!!! This drug has been a nightmare for me! I didn't even realize it until today. I read the side effects of the medication. I have every single one of them, severe migraines, eye pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. I have been going through so much in my life that I literally didn't know that it was the trintellix that might have been causing the migraines, eye pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting that I have been having since I've been on it the last several months! I just put it with stress and sinusitis. I was on Lexapro for many years I was suffering from very bad depression because of a lot of bad things that was going on in my life this past summer. I thought it was time for a change of medication. I nurse practitioner put me on Prozac and that made me agitated. Another nurse practitioner put me on Trintellix. At first I thought it made me feel better because it made me very active. I was doing things at home getting out of bed which I wasn't doing when I was on Lexapro."

Schmaxie10 December 20, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on antidepressants for most of my life. I started Trintellix when my current medication stopped working. In the first months I improved but after a year the depression came back worse and I reached a dark new low."

Hopeless (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Anger and irritability. Minimal therapeutic effects (if any) on me. Very expensive, Insurance company refused to pay for it till my doctor filled a form. Don't know why this is a first line treatment for depression. Probably because it's new and costs lot of $. Vivid dreams at night and tired during day. Been on it for more than a month at 10 mg. Poor outcome. Some older medications work much better."

Honest review (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My psychiatrist warned me that it can cause nausea. So I was prepared. The nausea was not even that bad and was gone by the fourth day. I know this because I took the drug exactly for four days before I realised the horrific dreams I was having are a side effect of Trintellix. Dreams that I could not distinguish from reality and could not wake up from. It also made me very sleepy during the day, even though I was taking it at night. And actually affected my driving, since I would look at the cars approaching and thought nothing of it. No reaction . Otherwise I felt better. Even wonderful, energetic too. I am now just second day without it after being on i just 4 days. I still feel happy and active and thankfully no dreams."

hela (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed over thirty years ago and suffered with depression for several years before that. Recently, I was taking bupropion, duloxetine, and quetiapine. It seemed to be a good combination but excessive sweating just became unbearable. I was taken off duloxetine and it was replaced with trintellix, also I reduced my dose of bupropion. I’m undecided if the excessive sweating has actually changed, and I haven’t felt much of a change mood wise, but I’m not yet ready to give up on it. My major concern is belly bloating! The nausea is relatively mild but the bloating is quite painful. Within minutes after eating my stomach is rock hard and it feels like there’s no room for my lungs as I feel slightly short of breath. I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds, so I’m hoping with smaller portions maybe I can tolerate it. I will see my psychiatrist in a couple weeks, and if the bloating is still bad, I think I might have to give up on trintellix and try something else."

Kali Jade December 6, 2018

For Depression "I am not happy with this drug. I stay awake all night and sleep most of the day. It has not made much of a difference in my depression."

Goodpal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’m having problems with anger and irritability on trintellix. I’m trying to change over from Pristiq to trintellix but I’m finding my irritability scary. It’s probably withdrawal from Pristiq. I don’t know if I can handle this My dr is away so I have no support. She said Pristiq is easy to come off of. Ya as if she knows what it’s like to withdrawal off an antidepressant. It’s hell . Maybe I’ll find a support group on line and read what tips and experiences others are having. I spent the day in bed depressed and screwed up. All the best to people who are struggling with this drug."

Julie (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on 20mg of trintellix for about 9 months. Honestly, I don’t know that it’s really done much for me. My insomnia has not let up and I still have suicidal thoughts....not sure that there are any good depression meds out there"

Jp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...