User Reviews for Trintellix

Major Depressive Disorder
6.2

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 635 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Lexapro for MDD but I had gained weight and gotten to the point where I barely wanted to leave my house. I’m now on Trintellix and I have a brighter mood and am more energetic and interested in life. I would recommend this drug. I haven’t had any of the gastrointestinal symptoms."

Cleobaby (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Depression "I have had mild depression and anxiety for quite some time and have always been highly opposed to medication. I was in serious need of something to manage my thoughts and my irritation and reactions. I have been on this 3 weeks now and can 100% say that I am so thankful for it. I am taking 5mg a day and the only side effects I had were a stomach ache the 1st 4 days with some sweatiness, but that went away day 5. I also wake up in the middle of the night and have a harder time going back to sleep. Otherwise, I am sweeter, my reactions are less emotional, all of my relationships have improved and everyday I am happier. I highly recommend."

Jamie (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "As I'm on it only for 3 weeks, my rating goes mostly for the minimal side effects. I tried several other antidepressants and this didn't create sexual dysfunction. I had an annoying itching all over my body, which went off after the first week. Be patient and don't give up, if you find you can tolerant the side effects for a few weeks. Now I could say I have zero side effects. Unfortunately though, I cannot say it is helping with my depression as of yet. I will wait another week."

gcarvalhomaciel September 11, 2018

For Depression "Been on Trintellix for 6 months. I had awful GAD and I now feel “normal”. Definitely have nausea and I’m a bit more tired than normal (need my daily nap) but now more chill. Tried Zoloft, Paxil and Cymbalta and had an awful experience with all of them - very happy with Trintellix."

Ej (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Depression "Med seems to be improving my overall outlook and feelings only been on for 3 weeks but seems to be working for the better. Will update in upcoming weeks."

Rick (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been diagnosed with double depression which is a combo of persistent depressive disorder and major depression and I've been on so many medications that this need was my last shot before ECT. I can't believe the difference trintellix has made in my life. I no longer have to worry about ECT and I feel good for the first time in 17 years."

Lilmissbittu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For Depression "This medication is a true life-saver for me. It took two weeks of 5 mgs and two weeks of 10 mgs to achieve the full effect, but it helped me immensely. I recommended it to my friend who has tried numerous meds for depression with minimal effects, and she is feeling so much better too. I also experienced no side effects. Highly recommend it."

Nicki (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had tried cipralex for a while when I was younger and it helped with my depression but the side effects were unpleasant and unhelpful. I had sexual dysfunction, blunted emotions, and a terrible crash after one beer resulting in weeks of anxiety. I was off and barely scraping by without help for years when I finally saw a new doctor who listened to my story and recommended trintellix. On the first day I noticed my mood improve. Over the weeks the residual anxiety vanished. I felt excited to wake up with the sun for the first time since childhood. The nausea was difficult to cope with, but if I take it before bed when already sleepy I am asleep before the nausea starts. It helped my concentration a little and we added concerta to the mix. I still cry but it's when I have a reason to now. Little things people take for granted, like vacuuming and doing laundry, are possible. It drained my savings but it helped me feel ready to try again. I'm finally employed and getting somewhere again."

rowan August 31, 2018

For Depression "I've noticed that emotionally I seemed to be feeling much better not long after starting it. But at about a month and a half out I'm not sure if the side effects are worth it. I really intense nausea that comes on quickly after taking it is making me miserable. Today I made the big mistake of taking it on a full stomach after lunch. Ended up vomiting my guts out within about 20 minutes, and my stomach is still a little shaky now, 6 hours later."

Aly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

"My doctor gave me trintellix for depression. I am not depressed!! Sometimes I have anxiety issues. I tried it and it MADE me depressed!!! I can't take anti depressants!!! They make me sick!! I've been prescribed several different kinds and they all make me sick!!! \"

Greeneyes (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for years. Then when I felt better, I would stop. Big mistake. Symptoms came back. Finally 2009, my doc said that if I stopped again he won’t treat me anymore. My wake up call. April 2012 knee surgery. I prescribed Percocet for pain. Got hooked, and depression/anxiety symptoms came back. So doc weened me off Zoloft and put me on 20mg Paxil. Felt great a month later. June 2018. I asked if I could take 10mg of Paxil to help with erectile dysfunction. It helped, but 5 weeks later, my depression/anxiety symptoms came back. After 4 weeks back on 20 mg, no help what so ever. I’m seeing a new doc and she introduced trintellix 5mg and drop the Paxil to 10mg to slowly wean me off. Also take 1.0mg klonopin at bedtime to help me sleep plus .25 klonopin to help with anxiety in the morning and .25 in the afternoon. Today is day 3 on this new plan. I have social anxiety. I feel better when I stay home watching TV. I have very little interest in the things I enjoy. Just wondering when should I feel like my self again"

Looking for advice and answers August 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on 5mg for a week, then 10mg for a week, then started 20mg. Two days after starting 20mg the nausea was too much to tolerate and I had to stop taking. It's unfortunate as it was really helping my depression and my memory. The cost is co-pay after maxing out of pocket."

John (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Depression "This medication has helped me tremendously. I am a college student, and experienced a bout of bad depression and anxiety that peaked between semesters. Trintellix has allowed me to be more focused and motivated academically and socially, and has improved my ability to study and retain knowledge. The medication made me nauseous the first couple of weeks, but it eventually subsided. I haven’t had bad side effects besides slight difficulty reaching orgasm, but all of the benefits outweigh the negative effects."

Bunnyhun76 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

For Depression "I suffer with PTSD, depression, and anxiety. Since I am service-connected disabled, I get all my treatment through the VA. My doctors and psychiatrists over the years, since depression hit me really hard in 2001, have tried numerous depression medicines to help me, but to no avail. Finally three months ago I was introduced to Trintellix. I could tell I was feeling better between two and three weeks after starting the medicine. I started out with 5 mg for a couple of weeks and then with my psychiatrist suggestion bumped it up to 10 mg. Stayed on 10 mg per day for about a month, till my psychiatrist bumped it up to the target goal of 20 mg per day, which is where I'm at now. Trintellix is a God-send!!! I love it and I feel like a new man! I can be happy now, with optimistic hope for the future."

Chuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Depression "20 mg, 7 months. Pros: worked when other antidepressants wouldn’t. Cons: horrible gastrointestinal distress. My stomach has bloated out like a painful ballon. Terrible constipation. Summary: if I didn’t have the stomach issues I’d give it a 10, but I’m starting to think I can’t put up with it anymore."

PTSDBPADD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2018

For Depression "This medicine is hard to explain first it made me sick at my stomach for about 5 days, then one day I felt like the sun had came out an things looked brighter, then I couldn't sleep, I just keep waking up. It seems to make me a little nicer, does not control temper, or make me as relaxed as zoloft. I've been on it for 2 weeks and I am going to try for 2 more weeks to make up my mind. It is kinda hard to know yet"

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication was prescribed to me as I was gaining weight on Zoloft. Initially I had depression/mdd. Until a few years ago I was diagnosed with PMDD. This is by far the toughest illness a women may be facing around her period time. I do not think this drug is for PMDD at all. I have been on it for a little over a year and it did nothing for me, minimal help. Please look at other SSRIs for the treatment of PMDD or Yaz. Some meds may help but it really depends. This one really doesnt."

z (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2018

For Depression "I took Trintellix for 3 and half years. It worked great for me. I got samples every month from my doctor due to the cost. My insurance didn't cover it and it was over $300 a month. I recently stopped taking it and now am I Zoloft. I pray it works as good as Trintellix did."

KK (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "For years I’ve experienced various forms of depression including post partum (PMDD), and MDD. My treatment regimen has included SSRI, SNRI and Wellbutrin. To my dismay none of these agents seemed work for me and as a result, my depression relapsed and my episodes were greater, even to the point of suicidal thoughts. Often times I would have talks with my psychiatrist that while being on the prescribed medicine, “ I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel.” Come to find out later these feelings were a result of the medication not helping me. After a few years of complete misery and helplessness, Brintellix came along. My world changed. Within the first week I was feeling complete. I was sleeping well, had more energy and I also found interest in things again. The biggest improvement was my focus and concentration. More than 3 years later, I’m still in this drug and experienced absolutely no side effects."

Coach (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I take 5 mg per day of trintellix. I take 10 mg as needed. I have cut the 10 mgs in half and I have also taken just the 5 mg pill. This is my first experience with antidepressants. I did try a generic prozac but only for 2 days as it gave me anxiety. Trintellix makes me a little dizzy for the first hour and tired for the 1st 2 hours. Based on reviews I anticipated strong nausea but it was not the case for me. I find that it is helpful to take it at night. Sometimes I feel huge energy, then at other times, I am "spaced out." However, I have noticed less obsessive/spiralling thinking and have stopped counting calories. I do feel a bit more complacent. At times I feel strangely positive, even blissful, and I know that it is the medication because it is so out of character. Then again, this medication does not prevent me from getting upset if something truly upsetting happens. Overall I recommend if you can afford it. Take advantage of the discount program."

Sandy August 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication only gave me headaches with no relief from my depression."

LA (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started at 5 mg with the understanding I would increase to 10mg after 7 days. By day 4, the nausea was deepening rather than going away as the doctor thought. At day 6, I was constantly vomiting, even to the point of dry heaves. My face and upper arms were bright red, with areas of broken capillaries. While easy to take (small pill form) the side effects were bad for me. It was difficult to get back to the doctor, and nausea continued whether with or without food. All in all, a very uncomfortable experience."

MayJay (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Depression "I have been taking trintellix and after 20 years of depression and anxiety I have been feeling much better. The only problem is, I can't afford it. I have the best health insurance and they do not pay for it. How can anyone get better if they charge over $200 a month. I am on SSI"

paly (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

For Depression "I had very little stomach issues. I read that many do, but not me. And I am feeling oh so much better on 10mg a day."

Duke (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

"I have suffered from major anxiety for at least 20 years now and have tried many different medications to help it. My doctor tried me on some samples of Trintellix and for the first time in my life the extreme obsessive thinking has REALLY slowed down. I still have some anxiety and obsessive thoughts but I do also notice a HUGE improvement with my anxiety and OCD. It did make me feel a little nauseated at first and still does if I don't eat before... and it even created a little additional anxiety for me the first few weeks in transitioning over but one thing I've realized is these medications take time to work and we need to give them at least 4 weeks before we make a judgement. I'm glad I waited it out. Even though it's not 100 % (I'm not sure it ever will be) it has at least minimized the obsessive thoughts enough for me to start enjoying my life again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes