User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 130 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Depression 269 reviews 80 medications

6.1
Summary of Trintellix reviews 399 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "Little beneficial change in mood with serious vomiting problems"

Jock777222 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on this medication for about 4 weeks. I kept telling my doctor from the first week that it was making my depression worse but he made stay on it for four weeks. I was crying all the time, lying in bed and having severe really badl thoughts. Not a good drug for me."

kennedy12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Celexa from 2002 to 2014, 20 mg a day. My doctor told me about Brintellix (now Trintellix) and I switched to it about 2 and half years ago. Since I am also on Wellbutrin, I only needed 5 mg of Trintellix a day. Can't say that it makes me feel perfect, but it helped with my depression and anxiety disorder. Today is the first day that I have not been on Trintellix, but still on Wellbutrin and I am feeling about as even keel as I have in a while, not experiencing anxiety or depression at all. I'll see how it goes in the next few days, but if I keep on feeling like this, I will stay just on the Wellbutrin and not go back to Trintellix."

odiugelcnu February 11, 2017

For Depression "December 2016 I started on 5mg of Trintellix. I'd reached a point in life, 65, where my life was more than I could ask for: good job, strong marriage, good friends, healthy, and yet I lived a dark cloud of fatigue and disconnection, lacking excitement and motivation. I was just maintaining. So I tried Trintellix. I'm now on 10mg. For me I've had little to no symptoms, and a rebirth of joy, motivation, and creativity. I've also added a weekly exercise routine at the local Planet Fitness. Between diet and exercise I find this modern medicine to be a miracle. Of course I realize my body will probably adjust to this feeling and I wont' be quite 'euphoric' forever, but I now know what feeling good feels like."

Modern Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "My psychiatrist wanted to get me off Effexor, which was making me extremely irritable and hypersensitive. He weaned me off of it VERY quickly, while he had me start taking Trintellix. That first week was pure hell - and I know it's because of the fast weaning of Effexor: horrible digestive issues, mood swings, random crying spells, etc. Now, I'm now into my 5 th week on Trintellix (for MDD) and clonazepam (for anxiety), and I can definitely feel myself starting to "level out." I don't have major mood swings, no crying spells (thank goodness), no physical side effects, and I'm not so sad about things. But overall, I still feel depressed. So I'm hoping he'll increase my dose at our next appointment. So far, it's looking good. Will update."

It's Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

For Depression "After upping dosage to 20 mg my vision started messing up. We lowered it and are titrating off of it now. My vision is still messed up. I can no longer see through my glasses very well. I'm seeing a specialist next week. My head throbs as wee and nausea. My vision better return or someone will be in trouble."

JREH1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

For Depression "This greatly helps my depression and anxiety so far of been on them a month and its good. Anyone dealing with the same symptoms should give it a shot."

Sante (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

For Depression "I have not tried this; however, I think it is importatnt to emphasize proper diagnosis. Most people do not undertand what type of depression they have. I have bipolar depression, which is not approved for this drug. Being kicked into a manic episode could be deadly."

Tess2016 January 29, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Horrible! Took for a week and cried almost the whole last 3-4 days before I stopped it. This made my depression worse. I know it said 'sadness' would subside in 4 weeks but mine only got worse and worse over 1 week. I barely got out of bed! Awful experience."

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

For Depression "I've been on it for a week at 5 mg. I take it right after dinner so my stomach is nice and full, and have had no experience of nausea. I haven't noticed much in the reduction of anxiety but it's too early. Had stomach aches the first few days but those went away, and feel hot constantly but otherwise the side effects have been pretty manageable. Hopefully it starts to do more in the way of anxiety as I am starting 10 mg in one week!"

LiseL90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

For Depression "First time using an anti-depressant after a year of mistaking symptoms for iron deficiency. Felt significant improvement with 5mg within first two or three days. Did experience nausea but was getting better at end of first week. Started 10mg in week 2, and the nausea returned and has not subsided. Also experiencing intimacy issues which I have never experienced before. Overall, I feel better mentally and emotionally, but the nausea makes it difficult to enjoy fully. Will ask doctor about going back to 5mg, or try something different."

TXTuff January 23, 2017

For Depression "Taking it since one month because of a reactive depression for over a year. I have never taken anti-depressants before and kept refusing although my psychologist urged me to for several months. When the depression kept getting darker: no energy, sad, bad insomnia and constant thoughts of suicide (which my psychologist didn't know) I decided to take the advise to start on brintellix (was either that or kill myself). The first 4 days I was so tired I spent most of the time in bed . Then I just started to feel better and better. High energy level, creative, not sad, no mood swings, slept great at night and best of all the suicidal thoughts just disappeared . I started and stayed on 5 mg. No side effects at all, working night shift no problem!"

Hek8870 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

For Depression "Been on trintellix for bout three months. Last month sobbing has stopped but I'm having vision disturbances. I started at 5 mg then went to ten. From ten to twenty and my head hurt so bad backed down to ten again. The vision issue is still there along with profuse sweating and breakthrough anxiety. Been through so many different antidepressants I'm afraid of what will happen if I hafta go through another drug change. It's been a nightmare."

#56 January 11, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Emsam from July to November 2016. My insurance went away so I could not afford the $1000 a month, $70 a month with insurance. Today is January 10, 2017. For two months I have not been on anything. I have not felt suicidal at all. I have no motivation and I get the anxiety but the suicidal tendency is GONE! Yay! Emsam is the bomb! I love it. Today I went to the DR. he gave me some trials for Trintellix. I have not tried them yet but I will follow up with a weekly update. My DR seems pretty excited to get me on these pills. Not sure why. I have not read very many good reviews of it today. We will see how it goes."

For Eva January 10, 2017

For Depression "Update: I have been on this for a little over a month, 10mg for the past 3 weeks, 5mg 2 weeks before that. I am still getting extremely nauseous when I take it, burping and stomach upset/pain as well. Taking it at night did help with these symptoms but then I noticed I couldn't sleep so I try to take it before lunch. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my symptoms. I still feel down and have a hard time getting excited about anything. I really just want to stay in bed. I've recently started noticing I'm hungry all the time."

unicornsoul January 9, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "My husband had been on every drug and drug combo available- nothing worked for his anger, depression and crippling anxiety. This has been a GOD-SEND! After 24 years of marriage, I finally feel like I found the loving, kind man I fell in love with. No side effects at all, much more stable moods, and soundly sleeping at night. He also takes Seroquel at bedtime."

Saved marriage January 7, 2017

For Depression "I had such high hopes for this medication for my severe depression and anxiety. I was committed to try it for a full 4 weeks. I started on 10 mg and then went up to 15 mg. I never managed to get to the 20 mg due to overwhelming nausea, belching, excessive salivating, unbearable constipation and then the vomiting started. I didn't gain weight but that is because I couldn't eat. It did help with the depression but not the anxiety. Definitely not for me!"

PHNurse January 3, 2017

For Depression "It's known within the pharmaceutical industry that 5% of patients will suffer 90% of side effects from any given drug. That's me, and an MTBI bumped me up to the elite 2.5% who get side effects never heard of. But Trintellix was supposed to be good for depression from brain injury, so I gave it a try. No gastric symptoms, but on day 2, I woke up not knowing what day it was. 7 hours after second dose, heightened anxiety and a sense of "speeding", without the edge, took hold. Then, I found myself annoyed that Shaw's was out of everything I usually bought there - until the egg case in the wrong place alerted me I was in Stop & Shop. No memory of deciding to go there. Bu-bye Trintellix. Just glad I only paid $3.10 for it."

Forlorn Hope (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

For Depression "Awful, severe, intolerable constipation! Almost complete blockage on my same high fiber, vegetables, fruit, & low fat protein diet. Took for two weeks and it never got better. Going back to my Lexapro generic."

Mary F. December 31, 2016

For Depression "I have been on 10mg for 6 weeks. Very little nausea at first and some headaches but nothing ibuprofen did not take away. I did not notice much at first, then maybe 3-4 weeks I noticed a little relief from frustration and sad feelings. I can't find a job and have gained a good amount of weight over the past year so I am having self esteem issues anyway but over the past week I am a mess. I am sad and cry a lot. I cannot focus and feel cloudy in my thoughts. I am very irritable and short tempered. I will try to see about increasing the dose. It seems like a slow progression but I am hopeful a higher dose may help."

Momandwife December 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking this med for about a month. I am taking it with Wellbutrin 300 mg. I am taking 5 mg. It has helped tremendously. The first day I took it, I was nauseous & had a headache. I have been taking it @ night, about an hour before bedtime, and have not had either symptom again. My energy level has increased, I have been able to do things I need to do, more importantly I have been able to do some of the things I want to do. The feeling that life was too overwhelming is gone. I have my sense of humor back and I am not on the roller coaster of crying @ the drop of a hat or being so angry I wanted to smack the skin off someone's face. I am very pleased with this medicine & hope it continues to do as well as it has been doing for me"

Glennaraye (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

For Depression "I've tried three different SSRIs and one SNRI and have the same side effect with them all.....I can't achieve an orgasm. My psychiatrist put me on Trintellix because it's not suppose to cause this problem....and it doesn't. On the other hand, I can't tell much difference in my depression, and I can't sleep, I'm back to having mild panic attacks, and I feel like I've had a breathing treatment with all the "wonderful", not, side effects. This isn't the medicine for me. I've only been taking it a little over three weeks, but my psychiatrist is getting a phone call tomorrow."

Heightened anxiety, insomnia (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Depression "I'm only on day 3 but thought I would share since I was looking for first couple of day reviews and couldn't find very many. I read enough to know to take AFTER eating and I have experienced very little to no nausea. (THC may have helped this) I did have some burping on the 3rd night. The main thing I notice are my thoughts after taking and sleep. The first 2 nights, I feel I got a little paranoid and some increased anxiety and noticed it was taking me longer to fall asleep. Took my 3rd dose last night, and I have yet to go to sleep. Been up for 18 hours. I even took this dose a lot earlier than the other 2 because I noticed it was taking me longer to fall asleep. I usually took it between 9 and 10 but last night I took it between 7 and 8."

unicornsoul (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Depression "Started on it about eight weeks ago with 10 MG. I went in to a new psychiatrist complaining of anxiety issues related to a stressful job, etc. At the same time I was weaned off Prozac which I had taken for the last 15 years. Terrible dizziness is now recurring on a daily basis to the point I cannot even safely drive. A wave of light headedness overcame me while driving in heavy traffic on an urban interstate a couple of days ago. Fortunately I was able to get off and go home on local roads with the windows down. I thought it might have been the Allegra antihistamine which I have taken for a long time without feeling dizzy. Stopped Allegra, continued with Trintellix, still dizzy symptoms."

Dizzy Driver November 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was taking cipralex/lexapro for a little over a month. It really helped my depression but gave me minor erectile dysfunction, delayed orgasm and blocked orgasm. This was not worth staying on the drug. I have switched to trintillex and now my mood is still great and all the sexual problems are gone, great drug"

necro666 November 26, 2016