User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 146 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Depression 284 reviews 79 medications

6.2
Summary of Trintellix reviews 430 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "It was very difficult titrating up to 20 mg of Trintellix. I started at 5 mg one week; 10 mg the next week, 15 mg the following week until I reached 20 mg. The nausea, vomiting, and dizziness were almost unbearable; I missed 2 days each week for a month while starting it. Thankfully I was on FMLA and was able to muscle through it. I have been through almost every SSRI, SNRI, etc and nothing but electroconvulsive therapy worked for me. After the first week on Trintellix I felt happy for the first time, actually happy, which is why I muscled through the side effects. I have been on it for a year now and it is a miracle pill. Make it through the first month and all side effects go away."

Jesstere April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This med made me very angry. I lashed out at my family while on this. Definitely not helpful."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Day 1 on Trintellix. Have been on Zoloft for 1 1/2 yrs. It helped my PMDD immensely, but I started to feel like I was losing ANY emotions. Not sad, not happy either. Recently started to feel so BLAH that nothing I did brought me any joy, I could basically take it or leave it. I told my doctor that I wasn't sad, just wasn't feeling the "zest" for life that I knew I should be feeling. He switched me to Trintellix. I was reading reviews on it last night, just to know what to expect, so I had anticipated the nausea after my first dose. And sure enough, about 15 min later the wave of nausea hit me and then I was off to the bathroom. I'm more than willing to get through the side effects in the beginning if it means feeling more like ME again"

SunnySummer23 April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm only on 2.5 my along with Celexa. I've had weird, disjointed dreams but they don't bother me much. No nausea as many people have seen. But I have had an increase in energy but it comes at a price...I feel like every muscle is tight. I've also experienced painful gas bubbles & a pinching in my chest & a feeling like my heart is pounding but my BP & pulse are fine. I've also been breaking out on my face. Even with the side effects it's made enough of a difference (3 years in a severe depression including suicide attempt) that I'll put up with them to feel this good."

Louski1964 April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been taking Trintellix for over 6 months now and it's helped me a lot! Taking it along with my anxiety medication and birth control has completely gotten rid of my suicidal thoughts and now my panic attack are extremely rare, and only when I am about to/am on my period. My only problem is that it hasn't done as well as psychiatrist has hoped, I still have some of the daze and haziness that prevents me from being able to do anything. Which isn't a very great point if you're on 20mg and your insurance will barely pay for it since it's new, leaving you with about 340$!!!! I still think it's done well by getting me stable and calm but still not really good enough for me, at least right now."

Suuuunnss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on my fifth day, 5mg. Side affects too unbearable to try and continue to see if the affects subside. Unbearable nausea, diarrhea makes it impossible to leave the house. I was hopeful this medication would be beneficial I've tried so many without success."

bobbiegene (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had MDD for over 19 years and have been on numerous antidepression medications. Most recently my Dr switched me to Trintellix. I took it at night after reading about nausea side effect and had very little. Did have some itching (stopped within 2 weeks) and had bad irritability. My Dr added a small dose of Abilify and the irritability went away within a week. Thinking of switching from Abilify as add-on to Wellbutrin instead because of large weight gain which primary Dr thinks is from the Abilify. Overall it helped me a lot when nothing else was working anymore."

BonBon47 April 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I stayed on this medicine for about 3 months. I started on 5mg and worked to 10mg. I loved the way I feel on it but I cannot deal with the nausea it causes. Usually about 15 minutes after taking it the nausea sets in for about an hour to 2 hours. Some issues with decreased libido but other than that I had no other side affects. I finally ask my doctor to switch me to a different medicine due to the upset stomach."

ragan4bama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "The not-so-bad: I'm apparently one of the lucky people not to experience significant side effects. No GI issues or nausea, although I always take with food. The bad: No positive effects, either. Titrated quickly up to 20 mg, and in over a year Trintellix has done zilch to control my depression (or anxiety). My doctor likes it for some reason and has kept trying to augment it with various meds, with little success and many bad experiences. I've advised him I'm stopping it. Trintellix might work for mild/moderate depression, but for my MDD, it completely lacks horsepower. It's like trying to put out a house fire with a water pistol. I could just as well take Tic Tacs...at least they'd give me fresh breath"

Ratluvr (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've taken this almost a month now and my mood has changed for the better significantly! Insurance covered, but since it's pretty new my copay was $75/month I did find a website that had a voucher from that made it cheaper Side effects for myself: nausea/headache first week, redness in face, sore throat, excessive thirst the entire time, I'm constantly thirsty, I'm debating whether my mood is worth it, but I figure I could always use more water anyway lol I've noticed within the last few days my poop is green, unsure what that's about, but definitely a side effect. Gonna at least give it another month and go from there"

Lyss8504 April 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Since starting on the 5mg trintellix for a week I started to notice a gradual difference in overall anxiety and depression. For several months I had been taking Celexa with no change, then Lexapro with very little change. I take the 10mg trin in the morning and can notice more of a difference now than with prior SSRI's. I also take two 1mg dosage of clonazepam throughout the the day. For those who have tried so many others I recommend a start on the 5 for 7 to 10 days, then a direct increase to the 10mg. If the 5mg isn't packing enough of a punch. I've had no side effects but this med is expensive. Several pharmaceutical reps. I know also take it and have said they can tell a difference."

Dr. H MD (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "trintellix is awesome. Prior to trintellix, I was feeling empty, disconneted from my body and not wanting to do things. With trintellix, I am more motivated, happy, and outgoing. It has also improved my cognition incredibly, like as if i am on a stimulant. AWESOME DRUG!!!!!"

ololade464646 March 29, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This drug has been the best Anti-Depressant/Anti-Anxiety medication I have ever been on. I have been off and on different medications for the past 10 years. (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Cipralex) The first 2 weeks on this medication were rough with nausea and vomiting. My doctor encourage me to push through the first two weeks which I did. After 2 weeks the nausea went away and haven't had any side effects since. It's the first medication I have felt a notable different with. My anxiety is very low. No more tightening chest, vomiting, diarrhea, not being able to breath when in a situation that would previously make me anxious. Only butterflies in my stomach now. I have never felt better in my life. Very optimistic. Is this what normal feels like."

Elise K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "On week 6 of Trintellix 10 mg and it is finally starting to work. My depression was severe and it is finally starting to subside. This medication for me was very slow acting but had little to no side effects. It also hasn't done much for my anxiety issues but I'm not sure its suppose too. Will probably give it 2 more weeks and then request an increase to 20 mg. With a coupon of course. Super expensive without one."

Meds starting to work (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on it one month. Put on after a suicide attempt. I am no longer obsessing about suicide but I can't get out of bed. It has reduced my anxiety very much, which is great. I was terrified of everything. But I wish I had the energy and desire to get up and do something during the day. So I'm still depressed but hoping for more improvement since I no longer want to kill myself."

13Trin March 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took all sorts of meds to test with most horrible side effects. Finally one day my doc had me try Trin 20 mg and my life changed. I read negative reviews and was scared but I have had no side effects except for some weight gain. I had a family member that got severely sick and I was by their bedside for 3 months though I would get depressed I never had a dark dip (you know what I'm talking about) I bounced back quickly. I recommend trying this. Just try and in a week u will know. Drug is super expensive. Use coupon. Call the Pharma company. see what happens... it may just change ur life. Oh... forgot to mention that I just started my own business after years of working for idiots getting fired. I doubt I could do this without this med."

Female. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I almost never experience major side effects from any medications, and I have been off and on many antidepressants over the past 14 years. I was taking zoloft for a couple months, which was helping with my depressive symptoms, but I though it might've been giving me sexual side effects, but I wasn't sure so my doctor suggested trying trintellix. He said it has a lower incidence of sexual side effects. Well, not only did trintellix give me horrible sexual dysfunction and even lower libido, every time I took this drug for two weeks, I literally felt like I was coming down with the FLU about 15 minutes later. Headaches, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feverish. I really do think this stuff is poisonous, and needs to be pulled from the market."

PoisonoisDangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I felt better with in the first week, it was great for a while until I realized I couldn't really feel emotion I was a numb happy I thought it was really strange to not be able to cry or feel upset at all ever, even if i was hurt, I also had really bad migraine headaches often, but on the upside I was able to function in social situations, work, interact with my children more positively and everyone around me seems to like me a lot more when I was on it. - Oh & it's very expensive, I was on 10 mg ,27yrs old, female, took for about10 months."

No nickname McGee March 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on this medication for roughly two years. Before I started Trintellix, I was on Zoloft and it caused me to gain almost 40 pounds in less than 4 months. Needless to say, I could no longer keep taking that. My doctor changed me to Trintellix, and it has worked very well. It is the only antidepressant that I have been prescribed that has not caused me to gain any weight. Also, it is fairly cheap if your insurance covers some and if your doctor gives you a coupon."

DCGrad (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just started taking Trintellix 4 days ago. No nausea, I have had headaches but that's kinda a common thing for me, so not sure its the med. But my whole reason for getting on here was to see what people had to say about any side effects of dreams. Many dreams all in one night, and none of them are good. I stopped taking VYBRID because of insomnia. Now with this medicine So far its crazy dreams. I'm hoping this is only temporary. No changes in my anxiety and depression yet.....so I guess I will wait and see as usual."

513 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's been about 12 days since I've started taking trintellix in the 5mg dose.The first few days I was having very vivid dreams, tossing and turning at night, and I would wake up very tired each morning. I take this medication in the morning with my Seasonale birth control, and a One A Day Woman's Multivitamin. At first, it decreased my appetite to almost nothing every day, I even had nausea lasting for about 3 hours after I took it with food. Now that I've been taking it for 12 days the nausea and dreams have started to slowly subside. I noticed on the second day that it pushed suicidal thoughts out of my head almost completely, as well as feelings of constant self doubt and pity, mood swings, and anxiety. For me it's making a difference."

Cornyyy March 17, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Run away. This med have me hives and nausea , kept thinking it would go away. I can't take it anymore. Sort of helped with anxiety but not totally."

Nausea for a month (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "One month on 5mg of Trintellix. I was on Zoloft for 3 years and was a zombie. It is like a veil has been lifted. I have energy like I did when I was in my 20s. I also can see I am clearly surrounded by critical condescending people. I never was able to give much thought to their behavior while on zoloft. I am experiencing a euphoric feeling that was absent prior to trintellix."

Middle Aged Dad March 15, 2017

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Using Trintellix for 2.5 months and I feel transformed. It breaks my heart to see how difficult these medications are for those on this blog. I've always been a half empty person. Go figure. I've done OK with my career and my relationships. But everyday felt like a battlefield, another day of struggle and woe. I went to my doctor and ask for a dopamine booster. Trintellix is what she prescribed. I had a sense a dopamine booster would help since I like drinking and alcohol stimulates the production of dopamine. As does weed. Now with Trintellix I don't need either of those, and my have passion and energy for living has returned, something that I thought was long gone (I'm 65). My only side effects have been a little dizziness, but temporary."

Just another face in the crowd (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "After 3 days of 5 mg, I'd had enough of this RX. Being knocked out during the day for 1-4 hours, but only sleeping in 2 hour increments at night, with violent/disturbing dreams, even waking with auditory hallucinations. The nausea wasn't extreme, but the overabundance of gas build up was too much for me. My depression only worsened because of the sleep deprivation."

My Drugs, My Trials (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017