User Reviews for Trintellix

6.1

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.1 798 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

HappyCamper · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I absolutely love this medication it save my life and my day to day activities are 100% improved and I feel like I got my life back thank you so much!!"

At · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Major weight gain 20-30lbs. This is the most I’ve ever gained on an antidepressant"

PA · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

For Depression "I was excited about this product after watching the commercial and seeing ads everywhere. My excitement was short-lived. When I was prescribed Trintellix and actually started taking the medication it was largely disappointing. I feel sick. I think my depression has been somewhat reduced but the side effects are unbearable. I feel very nauseous and lethargic. Hardly the savior I was hoping for."

Conster · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

For Depression "My Dr began me on 10 mg of Trintellix on Aug 6. As of Aug 7, I vomited violently every morning & had diarrhea as well. Sometimes both at the same time. Nasty. Nausea persisted through the day making eating virtually impossible til dinner time. By Aug 21, I was so irritable I became mean. I couldn't stop verbally berating my husband. It was awful. I began taking the pill at night to escape the GI side effects. I escaped the vomiting but still had gas, bloating & loose stool. As of today, I still have nausea & loose stool. My Dr increased my dose to 20 mg on Aug 29. I think it finally started working on Sept 12. I feel like 'me' again. Fingers crossed! As I live in Canada & have drug coverage through work, I am fortunate to not have to pay out of pocket for this med."

Spark1999 · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had to get off this quickly due to formication which is when it feels like little insect crawling on my skin on my legs."

PiPi · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 11, 2019

For Depression "Oh my God do not take this medication!!!! I am trying to ween myself off of this horrible drug. I do not feel good at all. The side effects are horrible, can't sleep, physical aspects are awful !!!!"

Depression and panic disorder. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking trinillex 10 mg for about 6 months now, no side effects other than low sex drive. Also before I was laid back and sweet and now I am so mean now and so lazy, that’s why I decided to look at the reviews because I just can’t clean my house anymore, do dishes anymore, so depressed all of the time, I just want to cry when I’m not being hateful, no motivation at all and now I see what the problem is .Thanks guys, I wasn’t going to quit because of the mean part because people like my nosey neighbor was about to really get it, lol, but I am going to discuss this with my doctor because I need to start living life again, thanks guys"

nostalgicfeelings · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2019

For Depression "I started taking the Trintellix medication somewhat recently, and while I'm not sure if it's helping my depression yet, I will say that it has been causing me really awful nausea. The nausea has been so bad that I'm almost afraid to take the medication each night. Eating before taking it sometimes helps, but not always. Please keep in mind that this is a possible side effect before taking Trintellix."

B · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

For Depression "Have had ongoing anxiety for nearly 5 years now, and due to that I have also become depressed. Symptoms range from vision problems to feeling hopeless/lost, to nervousness. My doctor put me on Cymbalta for 2 years, which helped but caused my cholesterol to raise to a concerning level and constant headaches. We then tried Effexor, which helped but not enough was on it for 8 months. Then he suggested Trintellix, my experience with it was not good, but others have said it helped them immensely. My personal experience was that my depression got severely worse. Normally I can cope just being at home alone, my other half is a truck driver, and my children are now all in school, so I normally like to build things in my garage but I haven't been out there in weeks, it's all I could do to get household chores done. And I would find myself bawling my eyes out while doing them for no reason. My other half saw this today after coming home and called the dr. He is taking me off of this medication."

Eburks · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2019

"Do not take this medicine. I took 10mg for one year, and 20mg for another year. After many attempts to wean off of it, I am finally free of this med. For me, I was so sick to my stomach every morning when I took it. I couldn't eat, sometimes I would throw up if I tried, it had me crippled over sometimes. When trying to wean off of it, my depression hit rock bottom. Dark thoughts slammed my brain, but I was so depressed, I had no will power to do anything. At one point, I had to be hospitalized because I of my thoughts. I spent 300-400 every single month to take this medication."

Winnie333 September 5, 2019

For Depression "I have had constant anxiety my entire life. I am 40 years old now. Zoloft helped with my agoraphobia, anxiety, panic attacks, and general feelings of daily anxiety. However, about 2 months ago I started feeling something that I'd never encountered in my life: depression. I had absolutely NO motivation to get out of bed, go to work, be around anyone, and felt horribly uncomfortable/sad daily. My doctor recommended Trintellix. I, obviously, have still been weaning off of the Zoloft. (I'm now on 50 mg of Zoloft and 10 mg of Trintellix.) Good luck to anyone out there who reads this...Know that you're definitely not alone or "crazy"! People who have never had anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses will never understand what you're going through. What may seem extremely easy for them to do daily can be so tiresome, exhausting, and unexplainably difficult. Keep trying and don't ever give up on yourself!! Life can and will get better...Even if it means waiting over 30 years!!"

Courtney Blair · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Trintellex since March of this year. Have had major depression & generalized anxiety since childhood. Started on Effexor XR in the 1990's. It seemed to quit working and so I started Trintellex 5mg then up to 10mg now at 20mg. All was great till recently; it feels like 20mg isn't enough. Depression is back full force. I take another medication for anxiety. I'm wondering if there is another medication that can be used as an adjunct to 20mg Trintellex which doesn't make me gain 12 lbs. like Rexalti did several years ago. Seeing prescriber in a few days; will see what she says."

BG · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2019

"Word of caution to anyone who plans on using Trintellix to treat generalized or social anxiety - not only did this medication not improve my symptoms, I believe it has made them worse. I was formerly on 50mg of Zoloft for a number of years and was doing well on it minus the brain fog and detachment issues that many experience. My doctor suggested I try this drug to get rid of some of those symptoms... In reality I wake up with a slight headache every day (magnified 10x after drinking), am more anxious and have had tightening in the chest. Long story short, this is not an SSRI and does not treat the same symptoms. I'm now going to try Lexapro to see if that's a better drug for me."

Sunny Beach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2019

For Depression "I've been on and off various anti-depressants for about 13 years. I hate taking them, have always resisted my doctor's recommendations. I found the improvements lack luster at best and this just reinforced the idea that it was just me - I was just broken. Trintellix is the first AD where I've felt a notable difference. I still struggle with anti-social tendencies, but I've stabilized at work and I've taken up hobbies again. Downside is the vomiting. It's been about 3-4 months now and I thought I was past it, but it has started up again. I can't take it in the morning on an empty stomach and I can't take it a night if I've eaten too recently. I think it bothers me less if I have small meals, but still trying to establish a definite pattern. Want to talk to my doc about trying a half dose twice a day to see if that makes a difference. Really want this one to work."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2019

For Depression "I took Trintellix for 2 weeks. First week was on 5mg a day. My doctor told me to take with my meal. Cause it may make you nauseous. First week I started to get real bad stomach pain and bloated with a lot of gas. Week 2 started taking 10mg a day. Well my stomach got so bloated and the pain was unreal. I couldn’t put and pressure on stomach. It hurt so bad. After about 15 days on medication. I had to stop cause of pain. A week later after stopping. My stomach is just getting back to normal. I liked the little bust of energy I got from taking Trintellix pill plus it did help with my anxiety."

Char · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Will probably update later when I’ve been on longer, but so far it’s been very helpful. I’ve been on several antidepressants over the last decade (only one has ever worked and had to be discontinued due to worsening side effects) and had no problem getting approval from insurance. I started on 5 mg for a week and had slight nausea on days 2-5 a couple of hours after taking with food that lasted about 20-30 minutes. I’ve been on 10 mg for a week and no nausea. It’s actually improved my IBS. Appetite has been the same. My depression symptoms mainly manifest as fatigue/exhaustion, brain fog, forgetfulness, lack of motivation. I feel great, I’m motivated, I’ve been working out, getting more done at work and at home, sleeping less (now I’m sleeping more like 8 hours instead of 10-12). My out of pocket is $100 for a 30 day supply of 10 mg, I’m looking in to bringing the cost down, but if I can’t it’ll be well worth it for how good I feel."

HJ August 27, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been fighting the diagnosis for years. I admitted myself for suicidal ideations in November 2018 again in June 2019. At that time the dr gave me Trintellix 10mg. It’s been amazing until of late. I am about to call my dr to increase to 20 mg. My anxiety has recently gotten worse also. I think I just need a higher dose. Aly mentioned feeling restless leg but in her whole body. Aly I have that feeling I call it Restless body syndrome. A sleep study showed my alpha intrusion waves were TEXT BOOK for. Fibromyalgia can cause depression. No cure, just treating symptoms. I take klonopin at bedtime to allow my body to relax, stop the mind racing and it seems to do well. Talk to your physician about a sleep study. It does help. However, don’t have fibromyalgia put in your chart. Make a list and don’t let your dr rush you. You are important and your mental health is more important than ANYTHING."

Kitchen diva · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2019

For Depression "I had some real through depression on Lexapro that I had been taking for years. So the doctor prescribed Trintellix 10 mg as a new drug which he said is well tolerated and does not have sexual side effects. I am an eternal optimist and thought I would not experience any side effects: I have itchy skin, nausea and had diarrhea for first two weeks. I started with 5 mg and then went to 10 the second week. So have been on 10 mg for 4 weeks now. The depression seems worse now and I feel restless. A bit more anxiety too. I am going to discontinue this now as I have given it a fair shot and it did not work. Other medications have not worked either so now am going to the gym every morning and trying to eat better and hope for the best."

JC August 23, 2019

For Depression "I have been on Trintellix 10 mgs for a week. I noticed something after an hr. My mouth got a strange taste and then vomit. I felt awful after that so I laid down for a few hours. That night I felt different. My mind was clear and I was in a mood to where I felt like speaking to other people. (A rare occasion.) After that I took it on a empty stomach. Still had the strange taste but no vomit. I have been more upbeat and haven't really wanted to take my adderall. I also have noticed that I'm not eating as much. I still get hungry but just eat a lot less. We shall see!!:)"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Great for depression but my anxiety which was gone when I was on Prozac, is now back and is very strong."

Hermie · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started Trintellix for treatment resistant depression (MDD) exactly one week ago today. I took 5 mg for 6 days and titrated to 10mg today. I have vomited every single day, various times throughout the day. No gradual buildup of nausea, just vomiting, particularly after I smoke a cigarette. Needless to say, I’m rarely smoking "

Sheila Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

For Depression "Started on this medication 7 weeks ago, and initially it was not bad. I immediately felt more upbeat, more energetic and optimistic. However, after week 5 (5mg) I started to experience abdominal bloating, pain and gas, and worse, dizziness, especially when laying down--a couple of times I got up during the night and stumbled and almost fell. The dizziness was so bad, the other side effects were tolerable. I told my doctor and we are taking me off of it. I hope to find something that agrees with me."

Honey · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and general anxiety after the birth of my first child who had a major birth defect causing 20 years of significant surgeries. I was put on zoloft which worked beautifully for over 22 years. It then began to wear off and I, too, was put on every anti-depression medication ever invented. Nothing ever worked. I continued to try everything, but eventually had a depression breakdown and lost my job of 35 years. Tried ECT, TMS but could not sustain the benefits as I had no medication working following the procedures. Finally was put on Trintellix (20 mg) with Bupropion and it is still working after 2 years. I pray this will continue to be effective as I will have no other hope if it does not. I experienced no adverse side effects. Not every med works for everyone as I am sure you have found out. Never give up hope!"

Stacey August 15, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had MDD for over 10 years now and I have been Venlafaxine EXR, Prozac, Cymbalta, and other medications. I have recently been switched to Trintellix because nothing else is helping. I tried to do yoga, Pilates, and daily exercise along with keto diet. I read the other reviews and I was very nervous before I started taking this and I thought of this is not gonna be a good medicine for me, but so far I have had zero side effects! I am on 10 mg for two weeks and then I go to 20 mg. So we will see how long it takes to work out, but so far it’s not bad. I even got nausea meds just to be safe, but I have zero side effects! So that’s definitely a big plus! Other meds have made me gain 40 pounds and didn’t help. Every person is different so I’m just trying to be a positive person on my experience so far. Be safe and stay positive!"

LCPC August 15, 2019

For Depression "As a therapist I have recommended Trintellix for my clients and have listened to doctor led seminars on this medication. As I have read some comments I was surprised how many patients expected Trintellix to help with their anxiety or docs who prescribed it maybe for that as it does not treat anxiety so it would have no direct influence for anxiety only depression."