User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 122 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Depression 254 reviews 80 medications

6.2
Summary of Trintellix reviews 376 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Trintellix

For Depression "Started on it about eight weeks ago with 10 MG. I went in to a new psychiatrist complaining of anxiety issues related to a stressful job, etc. At the same time I was weaned off Prozac which I had taken for the last 15 years. Terrible dizziness is now recurring on a daily basis to the point I cannot even safely drive. A wave of light headedness overcame me while driving in heavy traffic on an urban interstate a couple of days ago. Fortunately I was able to get off and go home on local roads with the windows down. I thought it might have been the Allegra antihistamine which I have taken for a long time without feeling dizzy. Stopped Allegra, continued with Trintellix, still dizzy symptoms."

Dizzy Driver November 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was taking cipralex/lexapro for a little over a month. It really helped my depression but gave me minor erectile dysfunction, delayed orgasm and blocked orgasm. This was not worth staying on the drug. I have switched to trintillex and now my mood is still great and all the sexual problems are gone, great drug"

necro666 November 26, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on medication for about 4 weeks. Anti-depressants have always been my best friend. This drug has been remarkable thus far. No major side effects physically. The main problem I am dealing with are dreams but mostly nightmares. I take my medication usually before lunch. I missed it one day and took it before bed time, never again. I was awake most of the night. I am successfully weaning off of xanax & THC during this period with great success. No thoughts of suicide. Life seems better. I'm in my late 40's and a full-time student. I would totally recommend this medication because this is the first time in life that I feel more myself. Hey, I can even crack a smile....something I haven't done in years."

Better days ahead November 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have not been on Trintellix long enough (only 3 days) to know how it will affect my depression. My doctor gave me samples and said to take with food. But the first day (monday) I took it and then ate and I was nauseated. The last 2 doses I've eaten first then taken it as soon as I finished eating and have had no nausea so far. I will come back and review again after having been on it for a couple of weeks. Good luck to all!"

Marie413 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this med in September of 2015. I have been on 30 psychotropic medications over the past twenty years to manage my MDD and anxiety. Had 30-ish ECT treatments as well. Also have regular CBT therapy. Nothing was working for more than a couple of months. However I started Trintellix and saw improvement within a month. After a decade of a depressive episode that I never got into remission from, I was in partial remission. No, it isn't complete remission but I've dealt with the fact that that may not be in the cards for me. I haven't had active suicidal thoughts in a year. Until that point, I hadn't gone without suicidal thoughts for more than a month. This drug has been a life saver for me. No side effects."

JRH4646 November 12, 2016

For Depression "6 weeks I've taken this and I'm laughing and crying from one minute to the next. Can't sleep. But also my insurance made me quit cold turkey off of Prozac and Seroquel at the same time I started this and I was on the seroquil for 3 years!! I feel like I'm losing my mind."

Desperately need a clue 64 November 7, 2016

For Depression "I've been on trintellix for 10 weeks now, roughly. I was on 5mg for awhile, now on ten. At first the nausea was unbearable and all it really did was stop me from getting overwhelmingly sad as often but now I've found that I'm more outgoing and capable of trying my best even in uncomfortable situations. The nausea is still there but it becomes super tolerable and gravol is a lifesaver. The only time it became a problem is when I was sick, I vomited non-stop, I had bronchitis so apparently the throat pain mixed with nausea was to blame. Still, overall trintellix has done wonders for my mental health and I'm hoping the majority of others can agree or find another medication that will do for you, what trintellix has done for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on trintellix now for over a month. I've been on many meds for depression and anxiety. This one seems to work quite a bit on depression, but not anxiety. I had a bit of nausea in the beginning, but started taking the pill before bed and that seemed to work for me. I did have some constipation issues that were actually quite painful, but it only last a few days. Overall this medication does work faster than most I've been on. I just wish it worked for my anxiety as well."

Mich00000000 October 30, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this about 2 weeks ago. I was petrified because I have had been on so many meds for my bipolar manic depressive state of health. So far so good. Had like 3 days of nausea. But that is over. I am more focused and a little more accepting of life. Versus I wanted to end my life. I foresee very good results with this medication."

Tiffany1973 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

For Depression "I've been taking anti depression meds for about 7 years. Was on Celexa for 3 of those years and it was great. I worked my way up to 150 mg and it just seem to quit in me altogether so I was prescribed Zoloft by my doctor and I'm not happy with it. Had to and Sertraline to it, also prescribed by my doc. I finally got the courage to go see a therapist and he is slowly transitioning me over to Trillexine. I'm on Day 5 of coming off Lexapro and slowly moving to the Trillexine. Not that easy. I'm on .5 Trillexine and 150 mg of Lexapro. Seem to be having panic attacks and anxiety. I'm able to control it a little better but I'm ready for this anxiety to be gone from my body. I'm hoping this drug does the trick. "

1Badboxer October 26, 2016

For Depression "Made me so dizzy and nauseous. Would make me dry heave on an empty stomach and then throw up the water i drank it down with. It wouldn't make me actually throw up if i ate an hour before and then right after taking it, but still made me feel sick. Got upped to 20mg and couldn't keep it and any food down no matter what"

Jenny_123 October 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking it 8 days ago.. I started to feel a little better each day. I did have nausea the first day. i noticed that when i get excited or run around too fast working, i get a little nausea..but not too bad and it passes when I calm myself. I'm very happy with the way it's working. oh, and taking 10mg."

tomsbutterfly October 20, 2016

For Depression "This drug was a miracle worker for me. I have battled depression for about 20 years and have been on various medications. I have been on Wellbutrin for 5 years but the last year it wasn't working at all. Crying all the time, suicidal thoughts and constant sadness. My dr started me on 10 mg of trintellix in addition to the Wellbutrin. What a great change. I no longer feel suicidal and no longer sobbing all the time. I am laughing again and love life. The first couple of days u do have an upset stomach but it is well worth it!"

Happyface61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I suffer from Bipolar with depression. I had been on Trintellix (along with a mood stabilizer) to treat depression for approximately 7 months. My moods had been stable for that long. Then I had some added stress though and had severe depression... worst I have ever had. This ended with me being hospitalized and taken off Trintellix. My thoughts are it worked good for short-term for me, but not long term. So take this medication with caution & if depression gets worse then seek help immediately."

NJsharon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2016

For Depression "This is an evil little pill! The first time I took it, I became very irritable. The second day, I was so angry that I screamed at my children for the smallest things. The third day, I start to itch all over and got a headache. The fourth day, I was so volatile that I screamed at anyone who dared look at me. I called my doctor who told me to push through. The anger became so bad, that I thought I was going to hurt someone. I've never reacted like that to any medication and quite frankly, it scared me and my family. As soon as I went off of it, didn't even wean myself off, my mood started to even out some."

Anonymous1111111111 October 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My Doctor gave me Trintellex recently for MDD And Anxiery Disorder. I was on viibyrd on and off for 3 yrs and it was not working for me anymore. I started Trintellex at 5mg for 7 days and now on 10 mgs, Day 5. I'm not crying anymore, my anxiety level is almost nothing and I feel happier. The only side effects I got was nauseated after taking the medicine for about an hour and itchy. I had to take a benedryl. These pass after about two weeks. I do not feel clouded like most other ssri make you feel or tired. I just feel normal! I think this is a great Medication."

Xaney October 16, 2016

For Depression "Lots of nausea after moving from 5mg to 10mg. Days and days of headache and nausea, did get a zofran RX and I feel much better! I believe this med is doing a good job at helping with my depression and anxiety. Just came off of Prozac after 10 years and I'm pretty happy with the results of Trintellix so far, 3 weeks in! Had to work the much hated job at work today - front desk.....easiest day I've had up front in years, I believe due to new Trintellix....very promising!"

Melymoo (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

For Depression "never again vomited so much after taking it and still feel sick"

jasminesmith October 6, 2016

For Depression "Taken for a month and have noticed positive improvement in every part of my life! Only side effect was gas in the beginning but has gone away."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm sure there's people out there who'll benefit from this drug. I'm just not one of them. I noticed a headache after just one day of being on Trintellix. The headaches became persistently worse and were soon accompanied with nausea. Now, I truly believe my doctor made a mistake prescribing this to me because I made him well aware of the fact that I was taking anticonvulsants. Nevertheless, I had several terrible seizures. After just one call to the hospital and a visit to my neurologist, I was told to stop taking it all together. Let this be a lesson: refuse this medication if you have epilepsy or a history of seizures. I'm appalled a psychiatrist would even give this drug to an epileptic!"

Emily Sickens Sons (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has helped me so much! I tried Prozac, Zoloft, and Lexapro before starting this medication. I felt much better in about 3 days with Trintellix. It is so nice to have more focused energy and be able to function again at work as well as having fun with my kids again. Great medication!"

Mike C from NY September 20, 2016

For Depression "Started this almost 3 weeks ago, no side affects except dry/flaky skin on hands , now week 3 nauseous 24/7 and headache 24/7, nothing is taking the headache away not imatrex (RX headache reliever) not excedrin NOTHING. I can't even eat , I feel like it's going to just come right back up. It's like it built up in my system for weeks and now my body is rejecting it. It made me feel better emotionally but physically I can't take it, I just want to stay in bed cause I feel like crap... I know it's the med cause it started on the exact day I started the 3 rd sample bottle. I'm stopping it. I haven't had a headache like this in years or been nauseous."

West2012 September 19, 2016

For Depression "I just started this medication today and felt the nausea and upset stomach within an hour of taking it. Food felt to heavy for my irritated stomach so I decided to make a protein shake with a scoop of Matcha green tea powder and some Almond milk. After finishing the shake I felt relief from the nausea and my energy went up. It seems like it would work great if it didn't irritate the stomach. I'm going to give it another few days and if the nausea continues I'm stopping it."

Hopefull909 September 17, 2016

For Depression "Been on it for depression and anxiety. It's only been for about 4 days now but while it does make them go away, I'm experiencing emotional bluntness. I can feel my emotions there a little but I don't feel them fully. I also keep waking up to sore jaws from the clenching. Sleep is worse as well."

IrisAdele September 6, 2016

For Depression "I am taking 70 mg of Vyvanse and also taking Contrave (which contains Wellbutrin). I was feeling ok, but multiple tragedies kept me in a severe state of depression, anxiety and overwhelming sense of apathy. every day I wanted to die. The dr gave me some samples of this med to take with current meds, and last night was the first time I took it. I did feel nauseous, but my doc had told me to take it at night and with food, so that helped since I went to bed once I started feeling sick. I woke up with so much energy. I actually sprung out of bed ready to take on the day, and looked forward to it. I was shocked that it had such a fast effect, but so happy because it's been a really long time since I've felt this good. Hoping it will last."

Flygirlll (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next