User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 125 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Depression 262 reviews 80 medications

6.1
Summary of Trintellix reviews 387 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Trintellix

For Depression "Been on trintellix for bout three months. Last month sobbing has stopped but I'm having vision disturbances. I started at 5 mg then went to ten. From ten to twenty and my head hurt so bad backed down to ten again. The vision issue is still there along with profuse sweating and breakthrough anxiety. Been through so many different antidepressants I'm afraid of what will happen if I hafta go through another drug change. It's been a nightmare."

#56 January 11, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Emsam from July to November 2016. My insurance went away so I could not afford the $1000 a month, $70 a month with insurance. Today is January 10, 2017. For two months I have not been on anything. I have not felt suicidal at all. I have no motivation and I get the anxiety but the suicidal tendency is GONE! Yay! Emsam is the bomb! I love it. Today I went to the DR. he gave me some trials for Trintellix. I have not tried them yet but I will follow up with a weekly update. My DR seems pretty excited to get me on these pills. Not sure why. I have not read very many good reviews of it today. We will see how it goes."

For Eva January 10, 2017

For Depression "Update: I have been on this for a little over a month, 10mg for the past 3 weeks, 5mg 2 weeks before that. I am still getting extremely nauseous when I take it, burping and stomach upset/pain as well. Taking it at night did help with these symptoms but then I noticed I couldn't sleep so I try to take it before lunch. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my symptoms. I still feel down and have a hard time getting excited about anything. I really just want to stay in bed. I've recently started noticing I'm hungry all the time."

unicornsoul January 9, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "My husband had been on every drug and drug combo available- nothing worked for his anger, depression and crippling anxiety. This has been a GOD-SEND! After 24 years of marriage, I finally feel like I found the loving, kind man I fell in love with. No side effects at all, much more stable moods, and soundly sleeping at night. He also takes Seroquel at bedtime."

Saved marriage January 7, 2017

For Depression "I had such high hopes for this medication for my severe depression and anxiety. I was committed to try it for a full 4 weeks. I started on 10 mg and then went up to 15 mg. I never managed to get to the 20 mg due to overwhelming nausea, belching, excessive salivating, unbearable constipation and then the vomiting started. I didn't gain weight but that is because I couldn't eat. It did help with the depression but not the anxiety. Definitely not for me!"

PHNurse January 3, 2017

For Depression "It's known within the pharmaceutical industry that 5% of patients will suffer 90% of side effects from any given drug. That's me, and an MTBI bumped me up to the elite 2.5% who get side effects never heard of. But Trintellix was supposed to be good for depression from brain injury, so I gave it a try. No gastric symptoms, but on day 2, I woke up not knowing what day it was. 7 hours after second dose, heightened anxiety and a sense of "speeding", without the edge, took hold. Then, I found myself annoyed that Shaw's was out of everything I usually bought there - until the egg case in the wrong place alerted me I was in Stop & Shop. No memory of deciding to go there. Bu-bye Trintellix. Just glad I only paid $3.10 for it."

Forlorn Hope (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

For Depression "Awful, severe, intolerable constipation! Almost complete blockage on my same high fiber, vegetables, fruit, & low fat protein diet. Took for two weeks and it never got better. Going back to my Lexapro generic."

Mary F. December 31, 2016

For Depression "I have been on 10mg for 6 weeks. Very little nausea at first and some headaches but nothing ibuprofen did not take away. I did not notice much at first, then maybe 3-4 weeks I noticed a little relief from frustration and sad feelings. I can't find a job and have gained a good amount of weight over the past year so I am having self esteem issues anyway but over the past week I am a mess. I am sad and cry a lot. I cannot focus and feel cloudy in my thoughts. I am very irritable and short tempered. I will try to see about increasing the dose. It seems like a slow progression but I am hopeful a higher dose may help."

Momandwife December 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking this med for about a month. I am taking it with Wellbutrin 300 mg. I am taking 5 mg. It has helped tremendously. The first day I took it, I was nauseous & had a headache. I have been taking it @ night, about an hour before bedtime, and have not had either symptom again. My energy level has increased, I have been able to do things I need to do, more importantly I have been able to do some of the things I want to do. The feeling that life was too overwhelming is gone. I have my sense of humor back and I am not on the roller coaster of crying @ the drop of a hat or being so angry I wanted to smack the skin off someone's face. I am very pleased with this medicine & hope it continues to do as well as it has been doing for me"

Glennaraye (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

For Depression "I've tried three different SSRIs and one SNRI and have the same side effect with them all.....I can't achieve an orgasm. My psychiatrist put me on Trintellix because it's not suppose to cause this problem....and it doesn't. On the other hand, I can't tell much difference in my depression, and I can't sleep, I'm back to having mild panic attacks, and I feel like I've had a breathing treatment with all the "wonderful", not, side effects. This isn't the medicine for me. I've only been taking it a little over three weeks, but my psychiatrist is getting a phone call tomorrow."

Heightened anxiety, insomnia (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Depression "I'm only on day 3 but thought I would share since I was looking for first couple of day reviews and couldn't find very many. I read enough to know to take AFTER eating and I have experienced very little to no nausea. (THC may have helped this) I did have some burping on the 3rd night. The main thing I notice are my thoughts after taking and sleep. The first 2 nights, I feel I got a little paranoid and some increased anxiety and noticed it was taking me longer to fall asleep. Took my 3rd dose last night, and I have yet to go to sleep. Been up for 18 hours. I even took this dose a lot earlier than the other 2 because I noticed it was taking me longer to fall asleep. I usually took it between 9 and 10 but last night I took it between 7 and 8."

unicornsoul (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Depression "Started on it about eight weeks ago with 10 MG. I went in to a new psychiatrist complaining of anxiety issues related to a stressful job, etc. At the same time I was weaned off Prozac which I had taken for the last 15 years. Terrible dizziness is now recurring on a daily basis to the point I cannot even safely drive. A wave of light headedness overcame me while driving in heavy traffic on an urban interstate a couple of days ago. Fortunately I was able to get off and go home on local roads with the windows down. I thought it might have been the Allegra antihistamine which I have taken for a long time without feeling dizzy. Stopped Allegra, continued with Trintellix, still dizzy symptoms."

Dizzy Driver November 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was taking cipralex/lexapro for a little over a month. It really helped my depression but gave me minor erectile dysfunction, delayed orgasm and blocked orgasm. This was not worth staying on the drug. I have switched to trintillex and now my mood is still great and all the sexual problems are gone, great drug"

necro666 November 26, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on medication for about 4 weeks. Anti-depressants have always been my best friend. This drug has been remarkable thus far. No major side effects physically. The main problem I am dealing with are dreams but mostly nightmares. I take my medication usually before lunch. I missed it one day and took it before bed time, never again. I was awake most of the night. I am successfully weaning off of xanax & THC during this period with great success. No thoughts of suicide. Life seems better. I'm in my late 40's and a full-time student. I would totally recommend this medication because this is the first time in life that I feel more myself. Hey, I can even crack a smile....something I haven't done in years."

Better days ahead November 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have not been on Trintellix long enough (only 3 days) to know how it will affect my depression. My doctor gave me samples and said to take with food. But the first day (monday) I took it and then ate and I was nauseated. The last 2 doses I've eaten first then taken it as soon as I finished eating and have had no nausea so far. I will come back and review again after having been on it for a couple of weeks. Good luck to all!"

Marie413 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this med in September of 2015. I have been on 30 psychotropic medications over the past twenty years to manage my MDD and anxiety. Had 30-ish ECT treatments as well. Also have regular CBT therapy. Nothing was working for more than a couple of months. However I started Trintellix and saw improvement within a month. After a decade of a depressive episode that I never got into remission from, I was in partial remission. No, it isn't complete remission but I've dealt with the fact that that may not be in the cards for me. I haven't had active suicidal thoughts in a year. Until that point, I hadn't gone without suicidal thoughts for more than a month. This drug has been a life saver for me. No side effects."

JRH4646 November 12, 2016

For Depression "6 weeks I've taken this and I'm laughing and crying from one minute to the next. Can't sleep. But also my insurance made me quit cold turkey off of Prozac and Seroquel at the same time I started this and I was on the seroquil for 3 years!! I feel like I'm losing my mind."

Desperately need a clue 64 November 7, 2016

For Depression "I've been on trintellix for 10 weeks now, roughly. I was on 5mg for awhile, now on ten. At first the nausea was unbearable and all it really did was stop me from getting overwhelmingly sad as often but now I've found that I'm more outgoing and capable of trying my best even in uncomfortable situations. The nausea is still there but it becomes super tolerable and gravol is a lifesaver. The only time it became a problem is when I was sick, I vomited non-stop, I had bronchitis so apparently the throat pain mixed with nausea was to blame. Still, overall trintellix has done wonders for my mental health and I'm hoping the majority of others can agree or find another medication that will do for you, what trintellix has done for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on trintellix now for over a month. I've been on many meds for depression and anxiety. This one seems to work quite a bit on depression, but not anxiety. I had a bit of nausea in the beginning, but started taking the pill before bed and that seemed to work for me. I did have some constipation issues that were actually quite painful, but it only last a few days. Overall this medication does work faster than most I've been on. I just wish it worked for my anxiety as well."

Mich00000000 October 30, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this about 2 weeks ago. I was petrified because I have had been on so many meds for my bipolar manic depressive state of health. So far so good. Had like 3 days of nausea. But that is over. I am more focused and a little more accepting of life. Versus I wanted to end my life. I foresee very good results with this medication."

Tiffany1973 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

For Depression "I've been taking anti depression meds for about 7 years. Was on Celexa for 3 of those years and it was great. I worked my way up to 150 mg and it just seem to quit in me altogether so I was prescribed Zoloft by my doctor and I'm not happy with it. Had to and Sertraline to it, also prescribed by my doc. I finally got the courage to go see a therapist and he is slowly transitioning me over to Trillexine. I'm on Day 5 of coming off Lexapro and slowly moving to the Trillexine. Not that easy. I'm on .5 Trillexine and 150 mg of Lexapro. Seem to be having panic attacks and anxiety. I'm able to control it a little better but I'm ready for this anxiety to be gone from my body. I'm hoping this drug does the trick. "

1Badboxer October 26, 2016

For Depression "Made me so dizzy and nauseous. Would make me dry heave on an empty stomach and then throw up the water i drank it down with. It wouldn't make me actually throw up if i ate an hour before and then right after taking it, but still made me feel sick. Got upped to 20mg and couldn't keep it and any food down no matter what"

Jenny_123 October 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking it 8 days ago.. I started to feel a little better each day. I did have nausea the first day. i noticed that when i get excited or run around too fast working, i get a little nausea..but not too bad and it passes when I calm myself. I'm very happy with the way it's working. oh, and taking 10mg."

tomsbutterfly October 20, 2016

For Depression "This drug was a miracle worker for me. I have battled depression for about 20 years and have been on various medications. I have been on Wellbutrin for 5 years but the last year it wasn't working at all. Crying all the time, suicidal thoughts and constant sadness. My dr started me on 10 mg of trintellix in addition to the Wellbutrin. What a great change. I no longer feel suicidal and no longer sobbing all the time. I am laughing again and love life. The first couple of days u do have an upset stomach but it is well worth it!"

Happyface61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I suffer from Bipolar with depression. I had been on Trintellix (along with a mood stabilizer) to treat depression for approximately 7 months. My moods had been stable for that long. Then I had some added stress though and had severe depression... worst I have ever had. This ended with me being hospitalized and taken off Trintellix. My thoughts are it worked good for short-term for me, but not long term. So take this medication with caution & if depression gets worse then seek help immediately."

NJsharon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2016