User Reviews for Trintellix

Depression
6.2

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 724 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "This Trintellix for my MDD was downright nasty the two months I took it. I even went and had ECT done for a month because it seemed to make my depression even worse. The ECT must have only masked the symptoms because I was mostly okay while I was getting the treatments. But the symptoms came back hard right after I finished ECT. Uncontrolled appetite, sleep problems, extreme irritability and short-temperedness...not fun stuff at all. But shortly after I got off of Trintellix completely and went back to a previous antidepressant that did work for me, I started feeling better already."

BigMeowOfTX (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "This med has been a miracle for me after yrs of trying all the SSRIs as well as SSNI Effexor,... without success (Zoloft worked well for a while but faded). I’ve been on Trintellix for almost 4 wks now—it’s like my major social anxiety and depression have lifted!! I had bad nausea in beginning and almost stopped taking it. I am so glad I didn’t-nausea seems to have gone away...I’m on 5mg since I take Wellbutrin which increases trintellix affect. I pray things continue this way! Give it a chance if you feel nauseas at first. It could be worth it for you too. Constipation is my one issue that I’ve noticed so far, it can be expensive depending on insurance but their are manufacturer coupons and ways around it. With my bcbs low deductible plan, I pay 50 copay per month (haven’t done the discount yet, doc says they’ll cover more bringing it down to 10). I love this med, I’m beyond grateful to actually feel better. They need generic!"

Jls423 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2019

For Depression "I have suffered from depression off and on since my teenage years. I've tried literally dozens of psych meds over the last 30 years and had no relief. I started on Trintellix with Wellbutrin XL and I feel great. I started to see results within a week. I have now been on it for three months, and still very happy with it. My mood is great, I have energy and motivation. For me, it's been a miracle drug."

RJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed 10 mg a day of Trintellix for depression and the first 10 days I was sick to my stomach and itching, so I take an antihistamine at the same time at bedtime. Day 11 started feeling markedly better, nausea was gone, still itching, but less. Day 14 my overall feeling was 50 percent better than when I started the drug. Today, day 16 saw my doctor again. I had lost weight, my overall anxiety is much better, the depression 70 percent better. All my aches and pains have disappeared. The doctor gave me 2 months of samples and told me to come back in a month if I thought I needed to, otherwise continue as directed. I've been on multiple anti depressants over the years, none worked even half as well as the Trintellix"

Bella May 11, 2019

For Depression "Just started this after being on Lexapro for a couple of years. I've been on Trintellix for about 7 days and I don't really feel much change yet. I just picked up my first 30 day supply of 10mg tablets and with the coupon it came to $10 instead of $57 which was a pleasant surprise. I do feel like I'm sleeping a lot better, not waking up as much during the night and having some very vivid dreams. I feel tired during the day though and don't really have much motivation. I'm not sure however if this is due to my depression or the meds. I have nausea every time I take it even with food. I'm going to start taking it before bed so maybe I can just sleep through the nausea instead. I have also had a constant headache throughout the day...again, not sure if med related. I'm going to finish up my months supply and see if I feel any significant changes, if not, I guess Ill have to try something new."

boneshugsandirony (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on 10mg Trintellix for nine weeks. I also take Risperidone and Buspirone. I was on Viibryd before I started this drug. I have had MDD for 24 years, and have been on many anti-depressants. Trintellix is by far the best I've been on. I had a little bit of nausea and vomiting, but really no side effects other than that. The side effects went away after the first three days. Trintellix has regulated my sleep and given me so much more energy and zest for life."

Director2005 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I tried getting off of Effexor for a while, but withdrawals were bad. Lowering the dosage while increasing with Trintellix helped. 5mg was fine. 10mg was hard to get used to, nausea/diarrhea/really tired. I was also very itchy, but all of these symptoms went away after a week or two. One thing to note, I was a smoker and after a week of being on 10mg, I can't stand smoking and quit. I also cant stand soda anymore. So, I am in love with this drug."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Lexipro for a few years. Right now I am getting taken off of it so I can just take Trintellix. In the beginning of taking the Trintellix I did not notice nausea problems, I thought my mood was improving. But after a few weeks, I’ve been getting nauseous to the point where I have to leave work. I throw up everything I eat and I don’t notice a difference in my depression and anxiety, if anything it’s getting worse from the side effects this medicine gives me. I think I’m going to ask my doctor to put me back on the lexipro and take it from there. But what is extremely odd is that I did not have the nausea in the beginning but now I have it, and the doctor told me to take it in the morning but it just makes me feel tired and sick. Hopefully I’m not the only one experiencing this."

Bre (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2019

"Trintellix reduced my social anxiety"

Randa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2019

For Depression "Tried Trintellix for major depressive disorder. Started at 10mg a day and after two months went up to 20mg. Awful experiences. Had been fine when taking with food, then one day took without food. Big mistake. Thought I was going to die. Vomiting and rapid heartbeat. Survived it, but for me anyway, must always be taken with food. Been on for close to three months and mentally feel worse than ever. It has magnified the things that have depressed me for years. I can't stop focusing on the negative. Considering stopping it."

DepressedMore April 27, 2019

For Depression "This was the second worst drug I have ever taken. It put me into a state of mania... I was so agitated that it never stopped, night and day hyper... irritable, upset, like I had just gone for a run 24-7. Awful."

Kat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2019

For Depression "I have been on Trintellix (5 mg) for about 4 months and many days I feel better but some days I feel suicidal. Not sure if it is the drugs making me suicidal or if it is my depression. So I am debating, do I take increase to 10 mg to see if the suicidal thought go away or is it going to make the suicidal thought increase. The nausea is still pretty bad. Tums help and I take the drug with food. Plus I have IBS so I am worried about getting pancreatitis. Drugs are so scary and depression is so depressing, lol. What to do???"

Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2019

For Depression "Trintellix did bring me out of depression during Christmas time. 10 mg. I am also on Bupropion XL. I take it after lunch because if I don't take it with food, my stomach hurts. I have gained nine lbs in the last three months which I'm not totally sure is related. I use a manufacturer coupon to get the med."

Arti (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I wanted to wait a good amount of time being on this drug until I gave my review. I have now been on Trintellix for over 1 1/2 years and it works wonders for my depression. Prior to this medication I was on four different medications including: Cymbalta, Prozac, Wellbutrin and one other and none of them worked for me after a few months. This medication is for people who have serious depression and are looking for relief. I absolutely love this medication and it is the best I’ve ever been on."

cocopebbles (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2019

For Depression "Trintellix is great stuff, and glad I've finally found the drug that suits me. Been on Trintellix for nearly 2 weeks and my mood is so much better. Head is clear and I can get on with my day with no problems. I did have nausea for about 3 days but it's not that bad. No effect on sex drive or performance. It's worked for me. I hope it works for you"

Scottyboy (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I been on lexapro for 20 years then that stopped working, than tried many other for my panic disorder, also took and Genesite test. It showed trintellix would be a good match and on it 6 weeks, so far so good, I had been having panic and depression, and depersonalization which extremely hard ,but lets hope it gets better and better."

AMYZING (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Depression "I am not one to tattle on drugs or make blanket statements but I had a horrible experience on Trintellix. Sobbing uncontrollably and wanted to kill myself. Went into the darkest of places on this drug. Immediate relief when I came off if it. I am sure it works for some people. Unfortunately, I had a terrifying experience with it."

Bern April 6, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve read many of these posts. I too had nausea (would throw up within 15 minutes of taking Trintellix pill, every single day). My doctor told me to take an anti-nausea med like Zofran (or generic) 30 minutes before I take this pill. It worked. No nausea at all if you follow that rule. Please try that if that’s your only hold up. I’ve been on it about 2 years. I STILL have to take a Zofran 30 minutes before Trintellix or I will puke. Also, take it around bedtime."

Autumn (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2019

For Depression "positives: Trintellix helped me manage my anxiety and depression for a time. I had a few good days where I felt almost normal. I was able to continue working full time and focus enough to “appear” normal. negatives: After 5 weeks on 10 mg I increased to 20 mg for a week and that was too much. I ended up in the ER and they recommended to stop the medication (after 6 weeks total). I’ve been off this med for 4 weeks and waiting for appointment in a few days to discuss another med. I’m sleeping a lot better now than before starting Trintellix, but I still have issues with depression and anxiety that affect my daily life. I used Zoloft 50 mg in the past for PPA but it wasn’t effective the 2nd time I tried it. Going to try another med, not ever going to give up. If you have read this far and are looking for encouragement, know that there is a med that will work for you and you will get better. There is hope, even if it doesn’t “feel” like it today."

Averagemom April 4, 2019

For Depression "Was on Wellbutrin for about 8 weeks. First couple of days no fogginess, extra energy. But that was short-lived. Felt terrible, angry, and more anxiety. My doctor prescribed Trintellix 10 mg. I have been on it for almost three weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I don't have the nausea like most people have had, however I feel bloated and have gained weight. Some headaches, not too intolerable. The worst is in the evening. My skin feels dry, itchy, and blotchy. Feelings of insecurity and need to take more of my anxiety medication. I don't know if I am going to continue taking. Wondering how long it should be taken before deciding it is not right for me."

June (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Depression "I took 10mg Trintellex every day and every time even while eating (and I was taking gravol to hopefully help) I would get horrible nausea and vomited a few times every day. It doesn't agree with me and couldn't get through the sickness even though I felt like I was feeling better after a few days as well as taking wellbutrin. Not sure what else could help?"

Alena (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

"Trintellix helped with my panic disorder but now I’m trying to get off of it cos of side effects. First of all this stuff will kill your libido, you will have no sex drive, no feeling in your sex organs and you might as well join a convent. Second is alcohol, if you’re young and single and like an occasional drink do not go on this drug. I had a half a glass of beer and it made me so dizzy I had to go home and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. So no sex, no alcohol. Now I’m trying to get off this drug (so that maybe I can have a social life again) and the withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. I wish my doctor never gave me this stuff in the first place."

NY/NJ person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2019

For Depression "Trintellix gives terrible stomach pain - would not recommend"

hootie March 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Trintelllix is expensive but worth every penny for me I take 2 mg at night of clonazepam and 10 mg in the morning of trintellix and felt great even help with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) pain"

Omarrivas6969gmail.com March 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 25 years old woman with major depressive disorder + social anxiety for 8 years (with episodes of agoraphoby). Trintellix solved my major depressive disorder in almost 3 weeks!!!. I was very sceptic with the antidepressive meds but this changed my view about it. I'm very happy with this antidepressant. I feel nauseated at times but compared with the symptoms of depression is negligible. Of course this is not a magic bullet, changes in your lifestyle are required: exercise, healthy food, no drinking/smoking... Hope this med help you :)"

Canary13 March 11, 2019