User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 158 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Depression 289 reviews 79 medications

6.2
Summary of Trintellix reviews 447 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "So, back in the day I started with Wellburrin, Lexapro, Zoloft etc...tried it all and nothing was working. Finally my doctor switched me to Trentillex. There wasn't really any side effects when first starting. After about a month and a half, I finally felt something. The darkness went away. The despair, anxiety, and gripping hell that kept me from getting out of my own bed. It's all gone. As if it was lifted before my very own eyes. Life is great now. I'm truly happy for the first time in years. Please, give this a try, push through the side effects, and see what you feel like after 1-2 months. It's a small price to pay for a better life."

MTC May 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have treatment resistant depression and have been on 20+ psychotropic meds (including MAOIs) in the past 20 years to try to get out of the pit that is depression in addition to lots of CBT/other therapies and ECT treatments. I started taking this medicine in the fall of 2015. It was still very new at this point but I was willing to try anything. It took several weeks to become effective and a couple months to help markedly. I went from having an average mood of 3.4 on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the best to having an average mood of 7 in a six month period. My mood has stayed stable for the last year, save for the infrequent dip down. I am thankful for this medicine and the fact it gave me my life back after a decade in an episode."

JR46464646 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed with major depression after years of dealing with terrible Rheumatoid arthritis that has limited my mobility. My doctor prescribed me 3 different antidepressants and after Cymbalta gave me head zaps and my anxiety was causing panic attacks he switched me to Trintellix. I started on the 5 mg while I was weaning off 60 mgs of Cymbalta. The nausea was so bad. I would like to think I have a pretty strong stomach but this med made me sick like when I was pregnant. I stuck with it and 3 weeks in at 10 mgs I feel fantastic! I'm so glad I stuck with it!! I'm laughing again and my motivation is incredible! It was so worth it! If you're debating it stick with it through the nausea to see if it works for you. Im truly thankful!!"

Lovelylibra936 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on several antidepressants and/or anxiety meds over the past 15 years. This is the first one that I can actually tell a difference without having to take a cocktail of other Drugs with it. The ONLY downside was the nausea. The first couple days felt like morning sickness. Once I got through it it's been well worth it. And unlike many other drugs there isn't the overwhelming weight gain."

Blue ain't my color May 14, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been treatment resistant for depression for over 3 years now after trying numerous medications. Took 5mg of Trintellix for about 2 weeks then moved up to 10mg for about 5 weeks. Had some nausea/stomach issues the first few weeks with the start of the drug and the dosage increase. Didn't help my depression whatsoever but was super expensive (~$400 for 30 pills). Starting coming off it about 2 weeks ago. Got what I can best describe as 'stuffy ears'... felt like swimmers ear without the pain but it was disorienting and messed with my hearing and balance a little."

Brett84cc May 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Struggled with mild-severe depressive episodes for ~ 10 years. I have hypersomnolence , with morning sleep inertia & regularly experience hallucinations just as falling asleep and upon waking. I have unrefreshing sleep, regardless if long or short. Dealing with day to day stress and trauma resulted in an attempt to overdose and a general disconnection from my feelings. My sleep doctor prescribed Ritalin for my daytime sleepiness and it helps. However, my depression slowly came back into my life to intolerable levels. I've tried Zoloft, Effexor (resulted in bad cystic acne), Cymbalta, with no luck. I'm now on Trintellix. It's early but I felt refreshed waking up this morning which has not happened in the past 10 yrs. Hopeful."

SleepyConscience (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have dealt with chronic depression most of my life & I am 65 years young. I have been on so many pharmaceuticals over the years; starting at age of 23 (Valium, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Buspar, Effexor, Pristiq, etc) and Cymbalta for 15 years. Current dose is 90 mg daily (1-60 mg & 1-30 mg). I went to see a Psychiatrist at my Family Practice Docs suggestion we felt I needed a change. I have also had Fibromyalgia for 25 years plus & collected disability. Cymbalta has had the most longevity with me because it also managed my Fibro. 1 month ago I started on 5 mg of Trintellix. No side effects for 2 weeks. Then she bumped up to 10 mg & no side effects except exhausted. Removed 30 mg of Cymbalta & its’ been 2 weeks & I feel great. I feel blessed – no side effects except being tired."

Jenn in PA (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been battling major depression and anxiey for years and was at the point of saying this illness is meant to be my fatality. After several tries on different antidepressants. Trintellix has given me a new outlook on life. If you are at the point of tiresome trial and error do not give up until you try Trintellix. The benefits out way the side effects."

Tired of Mental Health agony May 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication was a life changer for me. After struggling with debilitating depression and anxiety and trying several SSRIs my pdoc did a gene test which uncovered that my body doesn't tolerate SSRIs, So he put me on trintellix which is an atypical antidepressant. I finally started feeling the light at the end of the tunnel. I started with 10 mg upped to 20mg . I am so grateful for my doctor for thinking outside the box and get me on the road to recovery. The first few weeks I did experience severe GERD and even took a PPI for it. But after a few weeks it thankfully subsided. I started to see improvement after 8 weeks."

todayisworsethantomorrow May 4, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had depression for most of my life and had been taking Zoloft for about 7 years after I had my first child, recently felt it wasn't working as well anymore so I talked to my doctor and they suggested this.Took it for 6 weeks but had to stop. I know everyone is different, but for me it made my depression worse, I started having mood swings, anger issues, crying over everything, panic attacks, around the 2nd week I developed a cough, No other symptoms. When the cough persisted for about 2 1/2 weeks I went back to doc and they prescribed me antibiotics. Completed those, still had cough, then I had panic attacks 2 days in a row so I stopped taking the trintellix, as soon as I did, the cough was gone. definitely don't recommend this med"

La617 May 2, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was not happy about this drug at all. It made me feel SO lazy and tired. Zero effect on my mood; in fact, I was in a worse mood since I had zero energy."

Sasha9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has changed my life. It's been a miracle drug for me after cycling through different meds for the last 3 years, trying to find what worked. I've powered through the nausea and vomiting and diarrhea for the last two months. Unfortunately I'm at a point that I am not sure I want to continue the medication due to the nausea. Beside that, I haven't experienced any other side effects."

Kristina123123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "After trying multiple antidepressants, my doctor decided to try me on trintellix. The first couple of weeks were rough from a quick transition from Effexor to Trintellix. It's helped not only my depression but my anxiety a lot better. I'm really impressed."

Medically happy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My nurse practitioner was uninformed . None of the "NEW" meds worked for me. Every two weeks she would try another med. This meds was the worst. I had headaches constantly with this med. I have the impression she was not educated about the meds and the side effects."

Unhappy camper!!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on many antidepressants and they all make me want to snack and overeat. I gained a lot of weight on all of the other antidepressants. I was so tired of gaining weight. About a year ago I started taking Trintellix and I am no longer craving snacks all day. My depression was marked by feelings of irritibility and lots of crying. I feel 100% better. I think that this medication has worked better than any others I've tried. So relieved."

Feeling good in NJ April 26, 2017

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "All I can add is all I want to do is sleep!!! Nausea and diarrhea and general feeling of being sleep walking thru the day. Hard time concentrating not sure how I'm going to be able to find work since I don't feel like doing anything. But at least I'm calm snd feel things will get better. Now to just wake up."

Sheltiegirl April 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication is fantastic. I have a lot more motivation and true happiness ( without the overstimulation that you sometimes get on Wellbutrin). I started on five then went to 10mg. After a week at 10 mg I felt like a new person, but with severe nausea. "

David-in-Denver (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It was very difficult titrating up to 20 mg of Trintellix. I started at 5 mg one week; 10 mg the next week, 15 mg the following week until I reached 20 mg. The nausea, vomiting, and dizziness were almost unbearable; I missed 2 days each week for a month while starting it. Thankfully I was on FMLA and was able to muscle through it. I have been through almost every SSRI, SNRI, etc and nothing but electroconvulsive therapy worked for me. After the first week on Trintellix I felt happy for the first time, actually happy, which is why I muscled through the side effects. I have been on it for a year now and it is a miracle pill. Make it through the first month and all side effects go away."

Jesstere April 24, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This med made me very angry. I lashed out at my family while on this. Definitely not helpful."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Day 1 on Trintellix. Have been on Zoloft for 1 1/2 yrs. It helped my PMDD immensely, but I started to feel like I was losing ANY emotions. Not sad, not happy either. Recently started to feel so BLAH that nothing I did brought me any joy, I could basically take it or leave it. I told my doctor that I wasn't sad, just wasn't feeling the "zest" for life that I knew I should be feeling. He switched me to Trintellix. I was reading reviews on it last night, just to know what to expect, so I had anticipated the nausea after my first dose. And sure enough, about 15 min later the wave of nausea hit me and then I was off to the bathroom. I'm more than willing to get through the side effects in the beginning if it means feeling more like ME again"

SunnySummer23 April 22, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm only on 2.5 my along with Celexa. I've had weird, disjointed dreams but they don't bother me much. No nausea as many people have seen. But I have had an increase in energy but it comes at a price...I feel like every muscle is tight. I've also experienced painful gas bubbles & a pinching in my chest & a feeling like my heart is pounding but my BP & pulse are fine. I've also been breaking out on my face. Even with the side effects it's made enough of a difference (3 years in a severe depression including suicide attempt) that I'll put up with them to feel this good."

Louski1964 April 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been taking Trintellix for over 6 months now and it's helped me a lot! Taking it along with my anxiety medication and birth control has completely gotten rid of my suicidal thoughts and now my panic attack are extremely rare, and only when I am about to/am on my period. My only problem is that it hasn't done as well as psychiatrist has hoped, I still have some of the daze and haziness that prevents me from being able to do anything. Which isn't a very great point if you're on 20mg and your insurance will barely pay for it since it's new, leaving you with about 340$!!!! I still think it's done well by getting me stable and calm but still not really good enough for me, at least right now."

Suuuunnss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on my fifth day, 5mg. Side affects too unbearable to try and continue to see if the affects subside. Unbearable nausea, diarrhea makes it impossible to leave the house. I was hopeful this medication would be beneficial I've tried so many without success."

bobbiegene (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had MDD for over 19 years and have been on numerous antidepression medications. Most recently my Dr switched me to Trintellix. I took it at night after reading about nausea side effect and had very little. Did have some itching (stopped within 2 weeks) and had bad irritability. My Dr added a small dose of Abilify and the irritability went away within a week. Thinking of switching from Abilify as add-on to Wellbutrin instead because of large weight gain which primary Dr thinks is from the Abilify. Overall it helped me a lot when nothing else was working anymore."

BonBon47 April 9, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I stayed on this medicine for about 3 months. I started on 5mg and worked to 10mg. I loved the way I feel on it but I cannot deal with the nausea it causes. Usually about 15 minutes after taking it the nausea sets in for about an hour to 2 hours. Some issues with decreased libido but other than that I had no other side affects. I finally ask my doctor to switch me to a different medicine due to the upset stomach."

ragan4bama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017