User Reviews for Trintellix

Trintellix has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 978 ratings on Drugs.com. 47% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Depression
Major Depressive Disorder
Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.0 978 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

Owenby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 18, 2021

For Depression: “I was so far down I was ready to give up. I begged my Dr for help, I cried all day everyday, I couldn't get out of bed, i thought i was going to die . I prayed, i begged for someone to please help me. My husband an kids didnt know what to do. I was I in a black hole but He kept me on the same old antidepressants. I decided to changed doctors , I dont beleive for one minute that my old doctor cared if I died . So i went online and found a different doctor and my new Dr put me on Trentellix. Along with Katmin treatment. I finally was able to get out of bed, to be able to go to work, cook a meal, not cry everyday. It was like I woke up . I truly beleive if I hadn't changed doctors and found Trentellix I would not be here today. It's the best medication in the world for ME! This medication saved my life.”

Vic · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2021

For Depression: “Unlike other anti depressants I have taken, Trintellix gave me immediate relief. Within a few hours of taking it I could feel a weight being removed from my shoulders, I can't explain it.. I'm just thankful.”

GrNana · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2021

For Depression: “Four weeks on Trintellix and I feel it is working better than any other antidepressant mostly due to the fact the side effects are almost non existent. I am not noticing my eating habits going through the roof and I don't have that apathy that I've had with almost all other drugs. It was tough for a couple of weeks until my digestive systems got use to Trintellix but now it is working great. I am just starting to enjoy some of the things I use to love. I am no longer mourning the two deaths in our family a year ago. I have nothing but good reviews for Trintellix. I am on 10g.”

Snake · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2020

For Depression: “This medication has been a lifesaver. I have tried so many different antidepressants (Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, etc.) and none of them have worked as well as Trintellix. My “episodes” have disappeared and I finally feel stable which has allowed me to make important life decisions that I was always too fearful to do. In the past, I felt that I couldn’t trust my emotions because they felt too extreme. After years of constant sadness, worrying, and lack of motivation, I am relieved to feel like my normal self. I had maybe 3-4 days where I felt nauseous but overall, I do not experience this side effect. I have been on 10mg for approximately one month and it’s been the most joyous month I’ve had in years. I highly recommend this medication.”

NovelReader April 25, 2021

For Depression: “I was prescribed Trintellix for my GAD and MDD. I’ve been taking 5 mgs for a week now. The first two days I experienced nausea and I am still experiencing headaches and some fatigue, which I suspect will go away In the next week. So far, I am very pleased with Trintellix. I have already begun to see a reduction of my GAD and MDD symptoms. Before Trintellix I tried Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Pristiq and Effexor all of which gave me horrible side effects and left me feeling very zombie like. So far no zombie like feeling with Trintellix. I will post an updated review when I hit the 4 week mark. I’m hopeful that my GAD and MDD symptoms will continue to improve.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2020

For Depression: “The day I took trintellix I feel my throat open up. I felt the effects of it almost immediately. It has changed my life. I have taken other antidepressants and they’re only made me feel so terrible with vomiting and feeling so down. I was hesitant to try anything else yet my amazing doctor who I trust very dearly told me how effective trintellix has been for anxiety although it is commonly used for depression. Changed my life. Highly recommend. Ps. My doctor reassured me that trintellix would be the right drug for me if I had no side effects. That’s why I trusted to try it. If you’re having side effects it’s not the right drug for you and you should commit to trying other meds till you find the right fit. The right fit may take several tries yet I promise and can reassure you, it will change your life for the better. Trust in the process and commit to finding the right fit with the help and surveillance of your doctor. You won’t regret it.”

Pandora · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I'm bipolar 2 and have suffered with major depression for so many years now. I have tried most antidepressants and with no luck! My latest bout lasted 3 very long years..3 very dark years. I had enough of fighting my own brain and decided that I should see my psychiatrist because I knew in my heart that this wouldn't get better and I would wake up in 3 more years worse and wondering where my life has gone. I did it and I've been on lamictal and trintellix for a few months now. I promise you it's the best result I have ever had. Zero side effects unless you go up in mg too fast. So far? I'm happier. I have more motivation. I have more clarity. I shower daily - most days lol And, more importantly, I have hope. Not all meds are meant for everyone and they are very different just we are as people. Please don't give up if trintellix isn't "Your drug" Blessings over you all, Pandora.”

Lee1209 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Depression: “I started Trintellix 2 months ago for anxiety/depression. I've been on Wellbutrin which helps my mood & can counteract some sexual side effects so I’ve stayed on it but it hasn’t really helped my anxiety. I’ve been on Zoloft, lexapro (horrible experience) and cymbalta, all had side effects I ultimately found unlivable. Honestly, starting trintellix was rough but if you can manage, stick with it! I had pretty bad nauseousness but only threw up once within the first few days of starting, & I started super slow & low. No other side effects and this is the first med that has not affected my sexual function. My anxiety is lessened and I feel hopeful. The daily nausea has gone away although I’ve noticed I’m more prone to motion/car sickness but my doctor gave me zofran for that. So far this Wellbutrin/trintellix combo is the best I’ve found for me. P.S. go through their website to get your Rx card to help with costs it helped my price tremendously”

TB · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2021

For Depression: “Been on it for over a year. 10 mg daily. Best antidepressant for me ever! Tried them all & all with HORRIBLE constipation & other side effects. This is the only one that took care of my depression & didn't have any awful side effects other than a little nausea in the beginning. No weight gain, no decreased libido. It's definitely worth a try!”

Clara · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 28, 2020

For Depression: “I have Anxiety/OCD/Depression. I took this pill for a year and it was the most amazing medication I had ever been on for my anxiety. I started low and took it at night to try and sleep away most side effects. But I did have diarrhea for the first 3 days of upping my dose and I only went up to 10mg. But then it would go away and I noticed a difference in my anxiety at 7.5mg but I seriously was able to live my life and I never knew what genuine happiness was until this medicine. BUT after taking it for 6 months I started to gain weight so fast.. I gained 40 pounds the following 6 months and then stopped taking it because it made me starving, I never felt full and these kinds of meds are known to effect your metabolism in a bad way. So yes this pill is amazing but I got fat on it.”

Winnie333 September 5, 2019

For Depression: “I have had constant anxiety my entire life. I am 40 years old now. Zoloft helped with my agoraphobia, anxiety, panic attacks, and general feelings of daily anxiety. However, about 2 months ago I started feeling something that I'd never encountered in my life: depression. I had absolutely NO motivation to get out of bed, go to work, be around anyone, and felt horribly uncomfortable/sad daily. My doctor recommended Trintellix. I, obviously, have still been weaning off of the Zoloft. (I'm now on 50 mg of Zoloft and 10 mg of Trintellix.) Good luck to anyone out there who reads this...Know that you're definitely not alone or "crazy"! People who have never had anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses will never understand what you're going through. What may seem extremely easy for them to do daily can be so tiresome, exhausting, and unexplainably difficult. Keep trying and don't ever give up on yourself!! Life can and will get better...Even if it means waiting over 30 years!!”

Mini · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2021

For Depression: “Took the full 8 weeks to adjust with a lot of stomach upset at first, but it gradually took away my anxiety which was making it hard to function. I was much better but still had some depressive thoughts/early waking (minus anxiety) - Doc explained 10mg treats anxiety, 15mg makes no difference and 20mg will treat the depression. So after a while I opted to level up and got some adjustment turbulence again for a couple of weeks - then I was all good. Much much better. Living life in a calmer and more constructive way. None of the sexual dysfunction side effects I got from escitalopram (lexapro - which was great for me othersiwe.) I swore I’d come back and review as I relied so heavily on reading these while I was waiting for relief. I won’t be putting myself back out in the cold with no meds ever again, it’s not pretty.”

Elle · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 8, 2019

For Depression: “This medication saved my life. I have tried several other drugs which did not help. Wellbutrin was the worst for me, giving me racing and really dark thoughts. Before taking any meds, I had an insane appetite and would wake up starving no matter how much I ate. (In addition to excessive crying, feeling hopeless, not being able to do simple chores like shower). I went a few years suffering like this because I was in denial that I was depressed. Well fast forward a few years later after trying 3 different drugs at different strengths, and Trintellix is the one for me. I never thought I would sleep through the night again. I sleep so soundly now. My appetite is back to normal. My depressive thoughts have been tamed. I am so grateful for this drug and all it has done to improve my quality of life.”

Copenhagun · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2014

For Depression: “I've been suffering from major depression since I was a teen. I've had issues with panic attacks, severe anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, and just about everything else. For years I've been on Lexapro because it's the only medication that would work for me. The side effects of Lexapro however were horrendous! The side effects outweighed the benefits. After a few months of discussing it, my doc switched me to Brintellix. I have done a 180! I feel so much better that it scares me! I haven't felt this good in so long that I forget how to act. I'd say it's a miracle., but I know it's no miracle.. it's science! After a lifetime of depression, I'm excited for the future.”

Doc Savage · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

For Depression: “I can't understand the negative reviews. Have been on Celexa for 15 years and after taking Trintellix for a week... no comparison. Gentle, totally effective, no side effects, no fatigue nor cognitive impairment, great feeling of comfort and lack of anxiety. Fingers crossed but it sure works for me.”

LaurenZzzzz December 8, 2019

For Depression: “Short and sweet— miracle drug for me. I have MDD and anxiety with panic attacks. This medication made me feel like myself again and did not cause any significant side effects. I’m pretty drug naive and I’d never been on a psychiatric drug until now. My life has significantly changed for the best. Please try this drug if you struggle with crippling anxiety that feeds your depression. I started off on a really tiny low dose since I’m super sensitive to medication, and any side effects were tolerable and went away within a week. Give this 2 months to work.”

Juliet · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 10, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Trintellix has changed my life. I feel a sense of joy and purpose I've never felt before, and have relationships with people in positive trusting ways. Depression and anxiety are managed and life is manageable for the first time. I take better care of myself and have a more stable, balanced life--and fun! My husband sees a huge difference in me. This med has been a a game-changer after trying 9 other antidepressants with little luck. Who knew life could be do good? And no sexual side effects. It has been a life saver and I would do whatever I have to to stay on it.”

p247 February 4, 2021

For Depression: “I've been on most of SSRIs, SNRIs & Buproprion. My depression started to worsen & my Dr suggested trying Trintellix with a caution that 1/5 people suffered from nausea severe enough to stop taking it. I started on 5mg in the morning and I'm not sure if it was the Trintellix but my mood and depression worsened to the point of suicidal ideation. Fortunately, I was in a hospital environment. I suffered nausea but it was manageable. Around day 6, I started to feel a little better. By day 8 I actually felt happy for the first time in a long time. Additionally, my thinking became much clearer. Cloudy thinking had been a problem with other SSRIs. I'm now on day 10 and increased to 10mg with no adverse reactions. One lesson I've learned is that SSRIs do different things to different people. Given Psychiatrists don't know exactly how these drugs work/differ from each other, it's a case of trying one, giving it 6-8 weeks to work and if it's not working go back to your Doctor.”

Joyce January 9, 2021

For Depression: “I struggle with severe anxiety, worrying and OCD. I’ve been on Trintellix for 2 months. I started taking it because I was obsessing and catastrophizing over a toxic person. My thoughts would repeat in my mind and I felt suicidal. It was a legal situation that I thought would ruin me. Wellbutrin 300 XL did absolutely nothing; in fact it may have made me worse. So I started on 5 mg of Trintellix and in days I felt my thoughts more glued and my fear and anxiety subsided enough to stop my suicide ideation. When this situation ends I may not need it but for now it’s helping me out a lot. I’m on 10 mg now and I think I’ll stay on 10 mg. One last benefit is my cognition/concentration is sharper; a bonus for work. Hope it works for you!”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Excellent drug for my MDD/anxiety. Here's what I suggest: Start slowly. Cut a 5mg in half; let your body adjust for 4 days. Then go to 5 mg for 4 days. Then to 10mg. Stay on it. Let it do its work. It has dramatically lifted my depression and anxiety and has helped me enjoy life, interacting with friends, etc. It seems to hit all the right brain receptors for me. I went up to 20mg but didn't need it; 10mg was enough and there are less sexual side effects at 10mg. Low dose is enough to get my neurotransmitters functioning - no need to go higher. It might have taken me a little longer to get there due to the slower titration, but definitely worth it. Doc said to be patient and that climbing too high too fast will increase risk of nausea, etc. Since I didn't have that, I'm thinking he is right. Good luck, I hope it works for y'all like it has for me!”

Braxton · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have tried all the SSRI's and some SNRI's. literally, prozac, lexapro, citalopram, well butrin, amitriptyline, remeron, venlafaxine, pristiq, paxil. I had slight symptom relief with lexapro however, the side effects outweighed the benefit. I started on 5 mg of trintellix, I take it in the morning as it is a little stimulating for me, after the first week I went to 10 mgs. The only side effect I experienced is the nausea and that only lasted for about 4 days and it was not severe. I feel like a completely different person. If others have not worked for you give this one a try. It has given me my emotions and concentration back.”

annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2020

For Depression: “I have been on trintellex (have worked my way from 5mg dose to 20mg) for 8 months now. Has helped with anxiety a lot. It got me out of a sad place initially but depressive symptoms came back after 4-5 months of taking it. I gained about 25 pounds and have stomach bloat. Sex drive is gone. I don't recommend trintellex for long term use. The weight gain and loss of sex drive only make the depressive symptoms worse”

Lf · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Depression: “I just started two days on this drug. I was told take it with food in the morning to stop nausea. First day my stomach was upset but no vomiting. Today I took it after I ate and within a hour or so I vomited so badly my throat is completely sore. Is this normal? This is such an expensive drug, even with insurance I paid almost $200. I don’t want to discontinue the use just yet but I am not sure I can handle the nausea and vomiting. Anyone else having these same issues?”

Benicia, CA · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2014

For Depression: “My initial experience with Brintellix is very promising. I've suffered from treatment resistive depression and Generalized anxiety disorder for many years. Name it, I've been on it. Many medicines flatlined me emotionally, other's amped anxiety and left me sleepless, others were weight sensitive, causing rapid weight gain (hello Remeron); others worked like a charm - until they stopped working. It's been a 25 year struggle. My new Doc put me on Brintellix and within short days I felt more alert and 'content' with no sleeping problems. No side effects on entry dose of 5 mg. I take 2.5 mg Klonopin when required if I have an anxiety peak - other than that I feel like the "Me" I knew was in there.”

Wicks · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I've been on every antidepressant known to man. Trintellix is the only one that I can say works for me. I have no nausea. Sex drive hasn't changed, still good. I am able to do my job now. I am happy for the first time in 20 years.”