User Reviews for Trintellix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder
6.4

Depression
6.1

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 540 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "This has been my miracle drug. Nausea is definitely a terrible side effect but went away for me in about two weeks. However, I give this a 9/10 because due to the expense of this medicine I had you stop taking it when I lost my insurance. Almost a year later (and nothing else working) I was able to get back on Trintellix 20mg. Typical nausea again but this time I was breaking out in EXTREMELY itchy hives. I had never had hives or allergies before. I also didn't think it was Trintellix because I had taken it for a few years before (it was brintellix then). Well it's the Trintellix and doctor ordered me to stop which sucks! It's helped wonders with my depression, PTSD and derealization episodes."

Nicole 1086 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2018

For Depression "After many years of trying different antidepressants, my doctor prescribed Trintellix. After about 3 months, I started sleeping 9-12 hours a day, was extremely apathetic, and had no motivation. I had all kinds of tests done because none of these were listed as side effects. I ran out of my pills over the holidays. After being off Trintellix for six days, I woke up feeling like the bell jar had been lifted off of me. Now, a week later, my sleep is starting to get closer to normal, my empathy is returning, and have had more motivation. I also gained weight."

fishing buddy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "After I had my first child, I went through post-partum depression which later turned into major depressive disorder. I had been hospitalized for self harm/suicidal issues 3 times within one year. I no longer have thoughts of suicide, crying spells, or self harm habits. I enjoy life now and can actually reflect on the past year and see how awfully sick I was. This does cost me $60 with my insurance which sucks but I am happy to pay the amount as my life has improved greatly. This is the longest I have gone without having to switch medications due to it not working. I thank God many times over for this relief."

Kandiimom January 11, 2018

For Depression "I have been on 10 mg trintellix for 1 year now. I feel like the depression cloud that had been hovering over my head is gone. I feel good emotionally. The downside is I do feel lethargic. The lethargy has made me more sedentary which has caused me to not exercise as much. As a result I have gained approx 20 lbs. According to the BMI chart I am considered overweight. My sex drive initially increased while on trintellix but has since tapered off. It could be the result of lethargy and weight gain. I can honestly say that if you can get past the lethargy and not worry about weight you do feel pretty good on trintellix."

Melancholy January 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has changed my life. For me the cons are: I have energy to go, go, go which I have never had, I feel happy for the first time ever, my panic attacks have completely stopped, I look forward to my future, I am so calm with everyone where I was being very hateful and snappy before, and I am no long afraid everyone is watching me every time I go in any public setting. I have not experienced any side effects. If you need a motivating, calming, make you feel happy med I suggest trintellix. Diagnosis: PTSD, Major Depression disorder, borderline personality disorder, OCD, and anxiety."

Happy12985 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Depression "I had previously given Trintellix a rave review on another site. Since that time, I have been suffering with pancreatitis, which the doctors could only attribute to Trintellix, as I had no other contributing factors, AND pancreatitis is a known side effect of the drug. Trust me - you NEVER want pancreatitis! This is something you would only wish on your worst enemies. From now on I will look at the side effects of every medication before even trying them."

Trixie001 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been on this medication for exactly 8 weeks. I started tapering off Pristiq and onto Trintillex at 5mg for 2 weeks, then 10mg. I had a really difficult time with Pristiq withdrawals and thought that’s why I was so nauseous. But the feeling has never left. I’m so nauseous every single day, all day long. I have no appetite, and the nausea is interfering with my every day life. This is worse than morning sickness!"

KJH3 January 2, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "After having been on sertraline for years for MDD at increasingly higher doses and hence pesky side effects I'd had enough, felt like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety, which it was supposed to treat. Plus I weighed more than I wanted to in spite of exercise and diet. Doc prescribed Trintellix and holy cow, I will never take sertraline again. I have had no side effects, well, dry skin, but that I can manage. No brainy-type side effects, I don't feel sedated at all, but I do feel calm and no depression. No longer craving carbs. I only wish I'd known about this medicine sooner. I feel like myself! The pharmaceutical company has a "loyalty program" for helping with the cost, do check it out."

DoingTheBestICan (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Went from being on Zoloft for a long time to this. I also take Wellbutrin in the morning and Seroquel XR at bedtime. Had a week or so of feeling icky in the morning but powered through it because I really needed this med to work. After two weeks and going from 10-20mg I had a "HOLY MOLY, I FEEL AMAZING" moment. Levelled off after a few weeks but I feel so serene and that good positive feeling still hasn’t left after a months. I am thankful to have stuck out the nausea and gave this med a real chance. I understand it’s not for everyone but for me, it blows any SSRI's I’ve ever been on out of the water. Worth it!"

NaythanielC December 21, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Trintellix... It's been pretty good for me, it's kind of lost it's efficacy over the length of time I have been taking it now but it is one of the only ones that works for me it seems, so I stick with it. I'm on 20mg max dose currently. The only thing was the bad nausea, it was yucky at first but then it got a lot better. I don't have anything bad to say about Trintellix really, it has helped me quite a lot actually, just have been on it for quite some time now but I work with it as that's a big part of taking these meds. Gotta work with them to get the best results. But anyways, just thought I would jot down and share my own little experience with Trintellix. Peace."

Graham Howard (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "After being on 90mg of Cymbalta for three years, and with gradual increases and no betterment to my conditions, a counsellor through my school suggested trying Trintellix at 10mg. First of all, this makes me sick to my stomach whether I eat or not, causes constipation, horrible irritability, night sweats and itchiness. I can't tell if the itching is my anxiety or if it's from the medication, but it's horrible. It's either causing me great amounts of itching or it's not helping my anxiety- both cases suck. I can no longer drive on the highway or go to school because I'm too anxious and depressed. I hope I find a better medication, because this one sucks."

jordpetrella December 7, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Trintellix has really made a difference in my life. I have terrible depression. I was suicidal and even slit my wrists because I felt hopeless. My doctor gave me this new medicine and I have been taking it for about 4 weeks now. I am not suicidal anymore. I love my life. I even have more energy now and my anxiety seems to have magically disappeared. I can actually have conversations with people and look at them in the eye. Only thing is, I have gained about 5 lbs. But other than that, this is great!"

Lynnnnete (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "When started- slight upset stomach, moderate constipation. 6 weeks into it- constipation I’m eating a cup of fruit and drinking 2 cups of warm tea for breakfast. Takes care of the constipation. After 20 years of depression and anxiety I want to tell anyone reading this that healthy eating and exercise are your best bet. Medication only helps. Rated Trintillex a 7. It got me back to where I need to be, but as with most medications it comes with side effects."

Nickname already in use (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Two months on Trintellix. Amazing results. I had some stomach pain and headache at the first week. But with time, it all went away. Now, I am at enjoying relief from major depression. It is great. I had depression to the point I could not walk anymore and I gained over 40 pounds in one year. It is time to get in shape again. I am 100% happy and got my life back. Thanks Trintellix!!!"

milo405 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Life changing experience. I have been on many different medications on and off over the years, and trintellix is honestly the only thing that worked for me. Pros: I was able to eat again! My depression and anxiety had caused me to lose over 30 pounds in just a few months, and I looked sickly. After 2 weeks on trintellix, I got my appetite back. My anxiety reduced, but didn't fully subside. I had Xanax for emergencies when trintellix couldn't control my anxiety. I was still able to feel emotions, and never had sexual dysfunction. It helped me get my sleeping back on track, and I was able to establish a normal sleep schedule. Cons: Cost, thank goodness my doctor had a lot of samples becaue I could not afford the monthly cost every month."

Mistee1 November 20, 2017

For Depression "Prescribed this after Effexor started wearing off after about 3 years. Started at 5mgs..it was working and I felt better than I had in YEARS but dose still too low..after 4 weeks doc upped dose to 10mgs. Felt like I was going to achieve remission. But into 3 week on 10 mgs...bombastic stomach pain! Not nausea..that's to be expected. Not stomach aches. When I'd take the pill, 10 minutes later, to get such a bad stomach pain to where I could not eat normally that entire day. Went back down to 5mg..but thoughts and sadness coming through. Tried 5mgs 2x a day...STOMACH PAIN. Back to 5mg but too low dose. Tried 10 mgs again..encased pill in bread to ease pain but seemed like the and normalcy went away and pain still there off and on. Stopped after 4 months."

AnnStacia (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had sudden large amounts of projectile vomiting the 5 weeks I was on this med. Other untoward side effects include headache, eye pain, visual changes, emotionally labile, very anxious, depressed, very tired, no energy, racing thoughts."

Roryanne November 12, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is the ONLY antidepressant that has A) worked for me and B) not caused weight gain. Yes, its expensive. Yes, it causes horrible nausea for the first few weeks. I've been on it for several months now, and unfortunately I still get slightly nauseous every morning when I take (with or without food). But its been completely worth it for me. My depression no longer controls my life or causes me to miss work or school. My advice: try it if you can afford it. Soldier through the initial week or so of nausea. Give it a chance and it might just be your miracle drug - it was for me. Mild nausea for 20 minutes every morning is a small price to pay for an antidepressant that truly works. 9/10 only due to price and nausea."

Frankie91 November 12, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I avoided this medication because of fear of the side effects reported, especially nausea. However have been taking for about 10 days now at 10mg with no serious side effects and no noticeable nausea yet. Definitely for me the AD that interferes least with concentration. We all react differently to these medications but I have been pleasantly surprised so far."

Anonj (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been on anti-depressants for 20 years, trying more than I can remember. Was on Cymbalta for 8 years, but it quit working for me. Depression was my biggest problem when I was younger, but now anxiety seems to be the bigger problem. Been on Trintellix for 2 weeks now (first week 5mg; second week 10mg). The side effects I can handle are nausea and headaches. The ones I can’t handle are feeling high as a kite everyday, brain on warp speed and can’t focus or concentrate. The absolute worst side effects are high blood pressure and ITCHING!! I cannot stop itching! My skin is ripped apart all over my whole body, and my skin feels about 100 degrees constantly! The itching is driving my insane. Seeing psychiatrist next week. I need help w/this!"

ItchyandScratchy (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

For Depression "I got 5mg samples from my doctor for depression and anxiety and took almost the whole sample bottle but had to stop. This drug affected me very oddly and I couldn’t take it anymore. In the beginning I felt like I was on speed, which I didn’t mind. It got rid of my depression and anxiety almost immediately. My confidence came back and I could get up in the morning. Towards the end, however, I had increased cravings for food, I went from not being able to sleep at all to having to sleep ALL DAY. My nipples almost got really tender and a little swollen. I knew I had to get off this medication it was horrible. Hopefully Wellbutrin will work for me."

Gailehart (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I usually have awful side effects from antidepressants, but did not have any with this one. So far Trintillex is the only antidepressant I have been able to tolerate. It allows me to function. I actually sing sometimes which was so rare for me. I cannot live without it. Unfortunately, it is expensive (even with insurance). I would give it a 10, but I have to pay so much money each month to get it."

MDD Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2017

For Depression "I have been on this drug for 3 days and can’t take it any more! I feel manic, have lost fine motor control, and my heart is running as fast as if I had been—well, running. Not for me!"

Dolly75 October 18, 2017

For Depression "I'm on 10mg and the anxiety/depression has greatly improved. I used to take it at night before bed, but then I found myself not sleeping well at all. I changed to around lunch time and some days I am so nauseous I can't eat lunch. Such a shame since it's helping with the anxiety and depression, but the side effects are killer."

sc0689 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "If you have been struggling with unsuccessful medications for years, you need to go get genetic testing. Do it. This is a fairly recent development which I just found out about two months ago, after taking various medications for depression and anxiety for 15 years. My genetic test results indicate that I have 4 gene mutations that make the use of SSRIs and SNRIs ineffective. And of course, those are the medications I have been taking since the onset of my depression. So I am making the switch to Trintellix. Too early to say if this will be the right medication for me, but it is a comfort to know I am at least now working with my genetics instead of against them. Genetic testing is not the silver bullet, but it is valuable data. Do it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017