User Reviews for Trintellix

Major Depressive Disorder
6.1

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 704 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

"Trintellix helped with my panic disorder but now I’m trying to get off of it cos of side effects. First of all this stuff will kill your libido, you will have no sex drive, no feeling in your sex organs and you might as well join a convent. Second is alcohol, if you’re young and single and like an occasional drink do not go on this drug. I had a half a glass of beer and it made me so dizzy I had to go home and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. So no sex, no alcohol. Now I’m trying to get off this drug (so that maybe I can have a social life again) and the withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. I wish my doctor never gave me this stuff in the first place."

NY/NJ person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2019

For Depression "Trintellix gives terrible stomach pain - would not recommend"

hootie March 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Trintelllix is expensive but worth every penny for me I take 2 mg at night of clonazepam and 10 mg in the morning of trintellix and felt great even help with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) pain"

Omarrivas6969gmail.com March 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 25 years old woman with major depressive disorder + social anxiety for 8 years (with episodes of agoraphoby). Trintellix solved my major depressive disorder in almost 3 weeks!!!. I was very sceptic with the antidepressive meds but this changed my view about it. I'm very happy with this antidepressant. I feel nauseated at times but compared with the symptoms of depression is negligible. Of course this is not a magic bullet, changes in your lifestyle are required: exercise, healthy food, no drinking/smoking... Hope this med help you :)"

Canary13 March 11, 2019

For Depression "I have been on effexor and just about everything else (hated getting off effexor - they don't warn you about the addiction before hand), but for the first time ever I can say I am back to a solid, stable 'normal'. Haven't been this happy and upbeat in well over a decade. All the others seemed to help, but I always had small dips and still struggle a lot with fatigue. I took about 2 months for total affect to be realized, but I am very happy. As always - your mileage may very."

cypherdude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2019

For Depression "Updating my review as I have now been taking Trintellix 10mg for 5 weeks. Feeling great, no nausea unless I drink a glass of wine. I was taking in the morning but it was making me very sleepy early in the evenings. Now I take at about 2:30 pm and that is working great for me. It has regulated my sleep so that in itself has changed my life! It has really helped me with my severe social anxiety and my low feeling is beginning to lift. I have no feeling of being medicated at all. My insurance is covering it thanks to my Dr. and his prior approval letter showing other meds did not work for me. My copay is $60 and there is a savings card with Trintellix on their website that brought my cost down to $10."

FigsMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken almost all of the antidepressants with varying results but mainly side effects I couldn't tolerate for the past 25 years. I began taking Trintellix 3 months ago. Starting with 5 mg. It took away my appetite and I lost 10 lbs. Now, I am up to 20 mg. a day and am feeling better. My mood is up and I have more energy. The only side effect is a slight problem falling asleep and my appetite has returned. However, the good out weighs the bad and I am hopeful for the first time in many years."

Trudy1910 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am updating my review of Trintellix. I have now been using it at 10 mg night for 5 weeks. Feeling better everyday. One thing I had a problem with is getting really sleepy early evening (around 5pm) so I started taking my dose at lunch time instead of first thing in the morning. That is working wonderfully for me. It has regulated my sleep patterns! Also a major plus is that it has helped me with my severe social anxiety. I am so happy that I was able walk into a fast food restaurant, order and sit and eat by myself! And enjoy it! I am 56 and never have done that before. I so hope this medication helps you friends and if not hope you find your happy place wherever it may be. Oh one more thing..the cost. I have Cigna insurance and of course they denied paying for this as it is a level 3 med. My Dr. was able to get me approved since I have failed on other AD’s and the copay was $60.00."

FigsMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

For Depression "I have Dysthymia, Social Phobia and I moved from Zoloft to Trintellix and got worse. I started using it to have more energy and initiative. However, I began to oscillate between being aggressive and sad. If it wasn't for Vyvanse (I have a severe ADHD), I couldn't get out of bed. I've already used 15mg and I'm now on 10mg with almost 6 months of use. I intend to stop and switch back to Wellbutrin XR - and maybe Zoloft - which is way more effective. Trintellix is ​​a lie: it has an abusive price and does not cause any significant change. This medication is garbage and a waste of money."

darkeye999h (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've tried several other SSRI's for MDD. Lexapro had me puking every day. Prozac made me a zombie. Paxil gave me an energy boost and worked well, but developed severe sexual side effects. Cymbalta seemed to be the best, but I got into a really bad funk and it just wasn't enough. After entering into counselling once the depression became debilitating, my therapist had me follow up with a Psychiatrist. He switched me to Trintellix and it is hands down the best drug I've tried. No side effects. He also put me on 10mg Dexedrin 3x a day for ADHD which was previously untreated and the combination has been amazing. I told my wife it's like jogging your whole life with ankle and wrist weights on and then all of a sudden someone removes them. That's the mental change I've felt on this drug combination. My depression scores have reduced from about 20-30 to 2 as of today. I hesitate to use the term "miracle drug." But it has definitely been an answer to prayer."

Thadius Watkins (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

For Depression "Reading so many other people having bad issues with this drug has me somewhat concerned. But at least for me so far, I am thrilled with Trintellix! It is not cheap but my insurance pays a good deal. And I have a good job. So I am completely willing to pay. I was taking Vibryd. But it stopped being effective. I have had no nausea or stomach issues. I have only been on it about a month. It was working much better than Vibryd within a week. I am much less irritable. No sexual side effects. I take this for both depression and OCD. It is not labeled for OCD. But antidepressants typically also work for OCD. And it does for me."

Paul is better (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Depression "I'd have to say its just ok, I have to take this drug at night due to getting so sick from it. When first starting on the 5mg I had more energy was sleeping better. Now on 10mg I'm exhausted most of the day and little to no motivation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Depression "I give this a 10, however the cost makes it a 1! I am dealing with post partum depression. I was given a 30 day sample. I took it right before bed, slept amazing. Had some loose stools the first week but nothing bad. When I went to pick up a prescription it was $375! Even with a savings card it came to $275! Now I’m trying something different and terrified. The first meds I tried made me a zombie, which I can't be when living and looking after 3 kids."

MammaMia (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

For Depression "I have suffered for about 10 years with depression and anxiety. Never suicidal, but I have just always felt like the world was passing me by. So my Dr prescribed Wellbutrin XL 300 mg about 2 years ago and the first 6 months worked just ok. I think it really disrupted my sleep patterns and stopped working completely on taking the edge off the depressed feeling a few months ago. I gained 30 lbs in one year on Wellbutrin, which made me more depressed. A week ago Dr prescribed Trintellix 10mg. The first day I felt a little nauseous, but it quickly subsided after an hour or so. I didn’t realize what a funk I had been in until the Trintellix. I do not feel medicated at all. The fog is lifting, I feel so clear and normal. From the 2nd day I have felt like I am sleeping like a normal person and am able to get up early and get going with my day, clearly. I am hoping my insurance will cover this, my Dr. has assured me he will get me approved and will keep me in samples until then."

FigsMama January 25, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I wish this medicine worked for me, but the nausea was relentless and didn't help with my sleep. By 20mg, my mood had never been better, but the nausea only got worse and had to stop. (PLUS: The cost of this medication is horrendous. Even with insurance, I paid out of pocket around $100 a month.)"

Victoria M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been on Trintellix 10mg daily for about four years; this last Spring of ‘18, I upped to 20mg. I felt my depression was getting bad again. I did see improvements with the higher dosage. I also take Propranolol daily for anxiety, which has helped significantly. In the last three months, my depression and anxiety symptoms have returned almost full force. I just started reading about side effects with both meds, and am putting some important pieces together. Within six months of beginning Trintellix, I began experiencing constipation, stomach pains, and mild joint pain. The symptoms were so bad, my Dr had my gall bladder removed. Nothing has changed. Now, I can’t help but connect the symptoms to Trintellix- can’t be 100% sure, though. Trintellix served me well for a period of time, but as usual, I’ve developed a resistance and need to search out another option. I hope this is helpful to those looking for more info on possible use of this Rx."

JC28 January 21, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I asked my doctor for Trintellix by name, and he said he’d never prescribed it. I liked that it claimed to have no impact on weight, as many other drugs have weight gain. All I can say is there’s a reason the pharma companies spend what they do to advertise a drug so heavily. It’s because they are trying to generate business for a marginally effective drug. I took the lowest dosage and felt it helped my depression marginally. The issue was it gave me severe insomnia. I’d go to bed at my normal time and just lay there wide awake, almost manic, which was due solely to Trintellix. This was taking the medicine in the AM upon waking, not at night. Unfortunately, I could not handle the insomnia, especially for an only marginal improvement and got myself off this terrible drug."

cmcdallas January 21, 2019

For Depression "In the beginning this medication was helpful for my depression. However the side effects were horrible. I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea continually. I had to stop taking this medication due to the side effects. They were unmanageable for me."

Bergie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "My Doctor called and told me that she wanted to put me on this even though I was doing fine on Wellbutrin 150m. I had asked to be bumped up to 300mg and she decided that this was the best medicine for me. Pros : I am not foggy Depression has been better Cons : FATIGUE like I can't keep my eyes open My eyes are blurry Severe Nausea Headache Don't really want to have sex Just don't care about anything Shorter temper with kids So this is just not worth it. Not at all. I want my life back."

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on 5 mg of this for 3 months and was told I may experience nausea in the beginning but it would subdue after a few weeks. But every night I take it I’m so disgustingly queasy and I get bad headaches and it’s hard to function or do anything or be around people because of this. It’s made me randomly throw up. It helped with my depression somewhat but not anxiety as much. The effects aren’t as overpowering or heavy duty as you see in some other medications like Prozac. This can be good depending what your looking for but the side effects did not suit my body. It’s also very expensive."

Sad Gurl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Depression "I tried Trintellix 5mg for a week but had the worst nausea. No change with food or when taking it before bed. Every time, about 30 minutes after taking it, the nausea kicked in: I would feel the acid rising, stomach irritation, and my gag reflex get really sensitive. I had to sit still and fight off the strong urge to vomit for about 2 hours until it eventually subsided. I read that some people had less nausea over time, but I just couldn't stick it out and work/live my life. It's a bummer because I felt so much better emotionally, I really wanted to continue it. I just don't know why it causes such intense stomach upset :( Currently I'm trying 100mg Wellbutrin again and might ask to add an SSRI to that as well."

RubyRed (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had depression and PMDD for years. Was on Lexapro and Wellbutrin but cut the Lexapro out because of anorgasmia. So I started 10mg Trintellix First week: heightened mood, a little less patient with family and friends, severe nausea after taking meds but got Zofran to take with it Second week: the fun first week ended and I feel semi-low again (like a good day but you see you're still depressed, still feel like a shell) Third/fourth week of taking Trintellix: zero bowel movements without fiber, miralax, Senna. Feel sick when I eat anything. Anger/irritability continues to increase. Maybe starting to get migraine headaches? New head pain with nausea that I've never had before."

Chickiemouse (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Depression "I have been on the 20mg Trintellex for 6 months. This my 3rd anti depressant and it seems to be working very well. I understand that drugs are chemicals and our bodies comprised of chemicals. So laboratory chemicals may not always mesh with some of our physical/chemical makeup. I have not had any of the side effects that the drug list but have experienced a great deal of hair loss since I began taking this drug. The price tag for this drug is a bit much and it’s a shame that you have to choose between being mentally healthy or a great head of hair!!!!!"

Botani (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Depression "Have just started using this drug, and am amazed at how fast it works! I already feel better after only 3 days!! Changed medication after 30 years' use of Cipralex, which did nothing for my depression, but did a great job keeping my panic anxiety under control. I just hope the stream of light that I now suddenly feel I can see, is not only my mind playing a trick on me, but a real effect of the new medication."

Thunder (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been diagnosed with MDD for the majority of my life. I've tried almost every drug in the book. One that actually worked for me was Lexapro but now that I am married I had to find a new medication since my sex drive on that one was completely nonexistent. My doctor put me on Trintellix 5mg and the first couple weeks it made me extremely nauseous which I was willing to deal with. But now I am just angry ALL OF THE TIME. I fly off the handle over anything, at anyone, at any time. It's literally destroying any relationships that I have. I have a doctor's appointment in a week and I'm hoping I can hang in there until then but to be honest I've already quit taking it cold turkey two days ago (I know it's the worst thing you can do but I'm ruining my life here) It's also extremely expensive, even with insurance. I found a coupon through my doctor though which lowered it to $10 but it's only good for 1 year. Good thing I plan on changing otherwise it would be $200 with insurance."

br00k3rs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2019