User Reviews for Trintellix

Learn more about Trintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 135 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Depression 277 reviews 79 medications

6.2
Summary of Trintellix reviews 412 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Trintellix

For Depression "I have been on this medication for roughly two years. Before I started Trintellix, I was on Zoloft and it caused me to gain almost 40 pounds in less than 4 months. Needless to say, I could no longer keep taking that. My doctor changed me to Trintellix, and it has worked very well. It is the only antidepressant that I have been prescribed that has not caused me to gain any weight. Also, it is fairly cheap if your insurance covers some and if your doctor gives you a coupon."

DCGrad (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just started taking Trintellix 4 days ago. No nausea, I have had headaches but that's kinda a common thing for me, so not sure its the med. But my whole reason for getting on here was to see what people had to say about any side effects of dreams. Many dreams all in one night, and none of them are good. I stopped taking VYBRID because of insomnia. Now with this medicine So far its crazy dreams. I'm hoping this is only temporary. No changes in my anxiety and depression yet.....so I guess I will wait and see as usual."

513 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's been about 12 days since I've started taking trintellix in the 5mg dose.The first few days I was having very vivid dreams, tossing and turning at night, and I would wake up very tired each morning. I take this medication in the morning with my Seasonale birth control, and a One A Day Woman's Multivitamin. At first, it decreased my appetite to almost nothing every day, I even had nausea lasting for about 3 hours after I took it with food. Now that I've been taking it for 12 days the nausea and dreams have started to slowly subside. I noticed on the second day that it pushed suicidal thoughts out of my head almost completely, as well as feelings of constant self doubt and pity, mood swings, and anxiety. For me it's making a difference."

Cornyyy March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Run away. This med have me hives and nausea , kept thinking it would go away. I can't take it anymore. Sort of helped with anxiety but not totally."

Nausea for a month (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "One month on 5mg of Trintellix. I was on Zoloft for 3 years and was a zombie. It is like a veil has been lifted. I have energy like I did when I was in my 20s. I also can see I am clearly surrounded by critical condescending people. I never was able to give much thought to their behavior while on zoloft. I am experiencing a euphoric feeling that was absent prior to trintellix."

Middle Aged Dad March 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Using Trintellix for 2.5 months and I feel transformed. It breaks my heart to see how difficult these medications are for those on this blog. I've always been a half empty person. Go figure. I've done OK with my career and my relationships. But everyday felt like a battlefield, another day of struggle and woe. I went to my doctor and ask for a dopamine booster. Trintellix is what she prescribed. I had a sense a dopamine booster would help since I like drinking and alcohol stimulates the production of dopamine. As does weed. Now with Trintellix I don't need either of those, and my have passion and energy for living has returned, something that I thought was long gone (I'm 65). My only side effects have been a little dizziness, but temporary."

Just another face in the crowd (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "After 3 days of 5 mg, I'd had enough of this RX. Being knocked out during the day for 1-4 hours, but only sleeping in 2 hour increments at night, with violent/disturbing dreams, even waking with auditory hallucinations. The nausea wasn't extreme, but the overabundance of gas build up was too much for me. My depression only worsened because of the sleep deprivation."

My Drugs, My Trials (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "First time using an anti depressant this long. I have tried others and couldn't stay on them for more than one day because of terrible dizziness and other strange side effects. I'm only on 5 mg because I have a low tolerance for any type of medication. I did experience some nausea but I sleep well and feel a lot better than I did before taking this...if you are also someone who doesn't believe in anti depressant medicine but has tried natural alternatives that haven't worked I would definitely give this a try on a low dose very good medication!"

Marie99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I've been taking Trintellix for about 3 weeks and have been miserable. I know a new medication takes about a month before being able to tell if it works. From day one, I have had a headache, crazy dreams, a constant banana taste and cotton mouth. The dreams are disjointed, overlapping and exhausting. The banana taste is like that artificial flavor like taffy or snack cakes. It is constant, even after eating pickles. I am constantly drinking something to try to get did of the cotton mouth. I have a traumatic brain injury so my brain is wired differently. I'm taking 450Mg Lamictal and 300Mg Wellbutrin and now Trintellix along with it. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to stop taking the 10Mg of Trintellix"

Mysticopiate February 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "It feels slightly more effective than Prozac. I was slightly nauseous for about 24 hours after my first dose. In my opinion, the only downside to Trintellix is the price."

jhh13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Experiencing a little nausea. It seems since I started this medication 1 week ago I can no longer stomach coffee. My Dr. is weaning me off zoloft. Zoloft zapped my energy after 3 years. Dreams are vivid but sleep is good. I am experiencing nocturnal erections again and my libido has increased."

Middle Aged Dad (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I have tried over 20 different medications, and Trintellix is the best fit for me. I always describe its effect for me as "being able to turn everything down in my head." I can see how this might not be a good fit for others as it might certainly aggravate "feeling nothing" or "feeling detached." However, as my issue is primarily that I feel TOO much and am unable to step back from my emotions and intrusive, racing thoughts, Trintellix's "detachment" is extremely helpful for me. I do get nausea for the first week upon taking Trinellix or upping my dosage; however, this subsides for me. I was on 10mg for 8 months and have now increased my dosage to 20mg in hopes of it being even more effective."

justagal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Little beneficial change in mood with serious vomiting problems"

Jock777222 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on this medication for about 4 weeks. I kept telling my doctor from the first week that it was making my depression worse but he made stay on it for four weeks. I was crying all the time, lying in bed and having severe really badl thoughts. Not a good drug for me."

kennedy12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Celexa from 2002 to 2014, 20 mg a day. My doctor told me about Brintellix (now Trintellix) and I switched to it about 2 and half years ago. Since I am also on Wellbutrin, I only needed 5 mg of Trintellix a day. Can't say that it makes me feel perfect, but it helped with my depression and anxiety disorder. Today is the first day that I have not been on Trintellix, but still on Wellbutrin and I am feeling about as even keel as I have in a while, not experiencing anxiety or depression at all. I'll see how it goes in the next few days, but if I keep on feeling like this, I will stay just on the Wellbutrin and not go back to Trintellix."

odiugelcnu February 11, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "December 2016 I started on 5mg of Trintellix. I'd reached a point in life, 65, where my life was more than I could ask for: good job, strong marriage, good friends, healthy, and yet I lived a dark cloud of fatigue and disconnection, lacking excitement and motivation. I was just maintaining. So I tried Trintellix. I'm now on 10mg. For me I've had little to no symptoms, and a rebirth of joy, motivation, and creativity. I've also added a weekly exercise routine at the local Planet Fitness. Between diet and exercise I find this modern medicine to be a miracle. Of course I realize my body will probably adjust to this feeling and I wont' be quite 'euphoric' forever, but I now know what feeling good feels like."

Modern Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "My psychiatrist wanted to get me off Effexor, which was making me extremely irritable and hypersensitive. He weaned me off of it VERY quickly, while he had me start taking Trintellix. That first week was pure hell - and I know it's because of the fast weaning of Effexor: horrible digestive issues, mood swings, random crying spells, etc. Now, I'm now into my 5 th week on Trintellix (for MDD) and clonazepam (for anxiety), and I can definitely feel myself starting to "level out." I don't have major mood swings, no crying spells (thank goodness), no physical side effects, and I'm not so sad about things. But overall, I still feel depressed. So I'm hoping he'll increase my dose at our next appointment. So far, it's looking good. Will update."

It's Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "After upping dosage to 20 mg my vision started messing up. We lowered it and are titrating off of it now. My vision is still messed up. I can no longer see through my glasses very well. I'm seeing a specialist next week. My head throbs as wee and nausea. My vision better return or someone will be in trouble."

JREH1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "This greatly helps my depression and anxiety so far of been on them a month and its good. Anyone dealing with the same symptoms should give it a shot."

Sante (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I have not tried this; however, I think it is importatnt to emphasize proper diagnosis. Most people do not undertand what type of depression they have. I have bipolar depression, which is not approved for this drug. Being kicked into a manic episode could be deadly."

Tess2016 January 29, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Horrible! Took for a week and cried almost the whole last 3-4 days before I stopped it. This made my depression worse. I know it said 'sadness' would subside in 4 weeks but mine only got worse and worse over 1 week. I barely got out of bed! Awful experience."

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I've been on it for a week at 5 mg. I take it right after dinner so my stomach is nice and full, and have had no experience of nausea. I haven't noticed much in the reduction of anxiety but it's too early. Had stomach aches the first few days but those went away, and feel hot constantly but otherwise the side effects have been pretty manageable. Hopefully it starts to do more in the way of anxiety as I am starting 10 mg in one week!"

LiseL90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "First time using an anti-depressant after a year of mistaking symptoms for iron deficiency. Felt significant improvement with 5mg within first two or three days. Did experience nausea but was getting better at end of first week. Started 10mg in week 2, and the nausea returned and has not subsided. Also experiencing intimacy issues which I have never experienced before. Overall, I feel better mentally and emotionally, but the nausea makes it difficult to enjoy fully. Will ask doctor about going back to 5mg, or try something different."

TXTuff January 23, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Taking it since one month because of a reactive depression for over a year. I have never taken anti-depressants before and kept refusing although my psychologist urged me to for several months. When the depression kept getting darker: no energy, sad, bad insomnia and constant thoughts of suicide (which my psychologist didn't know) I decided to take the advise to start on brintellix (was either that or kill myself). The first 4 days I was so tired I spent most of the time in bed . Then I just started to feel better and better. High energy level, creative, not sad, no mood swings, slept great at night and best of all the suicidal thoughts just disappeared . I started and stayed on 5 mg. No side effects at all, working night shift no problem!"

Hek8870 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Everybody reacts differently to medications, especially those used to treat psychiatric disorders. Unfortunately for me, Trintellix caused major side effects, including a ridiculous amount of unfocusable energy that channeled itself into restless leg syndrome and extremely bad anxiety. Due to the energy and RLS, sleeping was very hard to do, and when I was able to get to sleep, I had the most unsettlingly terrifying dreams. For me, Trintellix was not a fun stop on my journey to find the correct medication(s) for me."

Will V January 17, 2017