User Reviews for Trintellix

Major Depressive Disorder
6.2

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 654 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Depression "I have been on Trintellex for a little over a year. I took moclobemide prior for about a year with great success but moclobemide interacted with way too many medications and could not even take cough syrup! So I decided to give Trintellex a try. I will never look back. I've never felt better in my life! I do not feel numb to feelings. No brain fog at all. I can think quickly again and communicate better (I felt muted on other antidepressants, except moclobemide) just like before my depression started. My memory has greatly improved. I enjoy life again! I do sometimes have nausea. I do get a burst of energy half way through the day. No effects on sex drive at all!"

Sunnymichelle (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2018

For Depression "Seems to be working great 3 months in on 15 mg. No side effects give it a chance to work."

Dan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Depression "I’d been on Cymbalta for 3 years after taking every antidepressants up til now. I thought my Depression was situational (marriage and financial issues) but as those things resolved my depression was still intense. My psychiatrist told me how great Trintellex is but to avoid side effects he had me titrate starting with 5 mg Trintellex and decreasing Cymbalta 10 mg every week. Last week I finished my Cymbalta and now taking 10mg of Trintellex. I haven’t had any stomach/nauseous side effects but I do have difficulty falling asleep and have the most intense dreams ever and although I sweat a lot with Cymbalta, I sweat all the time now. I’m not sure if Trintellix working although it’s only been a week. But I cry at the drop-of-a-hat; I mean sobbing. Anyone feel or felt like that early on?"

Gail (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took 5 mg of Trintellix for three days and by the fourth day I was random violent thoughts, felt extremely emotionally unstable, had vivid nightmares, night sweats, and terrible dizziness and nausea that made it feel like I was constantly falling. I’ve taken almost every antidepressant out there over the past fifteen years and have never experienced anything as dangerous as Trintellix. I reported my experience to the FDA due to the suicide risk. Since stopping the medication, I’ve had even worse dizziness (I have trouble even sitting up in bed), cold sweats, and a racing heart, in addition to still having nightmares. I’ve never experienced drug withdrawal from any other antidepressant. What’s scary is that there’s so little information online about Trintellix since it’s relatively new and not widely used due to the cost. After this experience, I will never take another psychiatric drug again."

AV (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Depression "Worst experience on a antidepressant that I have ever had! First day, I took the med, and 1 1/2 hours later I was shaking violently, vomiting, and had diarrhea all at once. My anxiety went through the roof and I had 4 panic attacks the first day! It took a week and my symptoms just escalated each day! I have been on everything and I’ve experienced the the worst side effects on trintellix then on Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, celexa, lexapro, prestiqe, and more."

Pixiedusttm (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Depression "After 2 weeks on this medicine I felt like I was losing my mind. I was so agitated and mean. It was awful for me."

Janie (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Depression "I love this medicine. Starting my fourth week of 5 mgs. and have had few side effects. I know it is early but I have been on about every antidepressant and have had terrible terrible side effects on all but Trintellix. Came off of Citalopram and the side effects were terrible even after one year. I hope to have continual results on Trintellix. It is very expensive but there are coupons out there to help."

Busterdog (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "It didn’t work for me- I hit rock bottom while on it and I am still not well"

Scoops (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first day I took my 5mg dose I began to experience minor bouts of dizziness every so often and a decrease in appetite but figured I was just getting used to it and decided I'd wait it out to see if it improved. In just 3 days I became severely dizzy, nauseated and could no longer keep food down. I was disoriented and overwhelmed with an unusual feeling. I was basically unable to function and had to immediately stop the pills. Since then my mood has tanked and I've become irritable and aggressive and have had unusual and impulsive urges. I've never experienced anything quite like it and have seen a lot of other similar experiences. If you start this medicine please inform yourself of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome! While it has done badly for me some people are doing very well on this medication so I can't in good conscience tell people not to try it. I wanted to share my personal experience and hope it informs people!"

MRG (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Zoloft for about 5 years with no problems. But recently I started having panic attacks again, was always tired no matter how much I slept, couldn't enjoy life and was having suicidal thoughts again so my GP switched me to Trintellix. I'm about 2 weeks in and so far so good! Almost immediately the suicidal thoughts stopped and I actually have energy again. I am still struggling with not wanting to go out and do things, but am pushing through. I am very happy with the results so far. Side effects are mild nausea for a couple hours after dosing and trouble sleeping. My head is feeling a little "swimmy" at times too, but I think that may be from stopping Zoloft. "

PayrollLady (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been on Trintellex for about 7 weeks now. I’ve gone from 5mg to 15mg and about to start 20mg. I’ve been on many antidepressant meds for over 25 years and nothing has helped like this medication has. I do get the extreme nausea (that’s why I didn’t give this med a 10 instead of a 9 rating), so I take this at night and sleep through the nausea side effect and no nausea during the day. It has helped me deal with my PTSD, MDD and anxiety. Now my house is clean, laundry is done, I take time for myself, react in a positive way instead of an emotional negative and defensive way, I have found with therapy and this med my world is changing and I no longer feel broken. My opinion is that it is definitely worth a try if nothing else has worked. This may just be the medication to put you back together again. The benefit of this med outweighs the side effects for me."

MicMac (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

For Depression "I came off Lexapro to trintellix, Lexapro was causing my head to be very foggy and was having memory problems, I'm on the 4th week of the trintellex 10mg, I'm waiting to get so see a dr to talk about the side effects. It' s making me very very moody and angry I can't even tell if my head is clearer because of all the emotions. The nausea is only bad if I drink alcohol with it. I only had sleep problems for the first week."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have severe MDD and PTSD. When I started trintellix over a year ago, it was very helpful. However, the effects seem to have worn off a bit. That said, I haven’t noticed any negative side effects whatsoever and actually lost weight while on it, and it DID work in the beginning. So I would recommend this drug, especially since it worked for me more than any other antidepressant and hasn’t come with any of the negative side effects. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2018

For Depression "This medication was prescribed to me for major depression, and is the worst. I started 10mg and the nausea is horrible and make me feel like a pregnant women. I was then lowered to a 5 mg and the nausea is still really bad. I can't deal with is so I have stopped taking it . Really expensive medication without manufactured coupon .!"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Depression "Best anti depressant I’ve taken in years. Feeling normal again, regaining my creativity and ‘normal’ daily life. Like the feeling of having more energy. Have some itching and vertigo like reactions but not enough to quit this medicine."

Margie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on almost every single antidepressant medication that has been to the market. I started with amytriptline about 25 years ago. I have access to sample medications so I’ve tried most of the new antidepressant since then. I was trying each of them for at least 3months and none of them helped at all. It was hard for me to believe when people were saying that medication help with their depression. Out of desperation I decided to try trintellix, and it was like magic, only after a couple days I noticed the difference, I could enjoy my life and have more energy, so less coffee intake. BUT the nausea is killing me, I take if on full stomach with zofran and famotidine. Still sometimes I have to stop it and when I feel really down, I restart it again"

Atena (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) I see just started me on Trintellix. So I am going to start documenting this. I stopped Bupropion last week because it even though it gave me some energy and helped some with depression, it raised my BP and I need help battling persistent depression which I have had for the past 20 years. I have been on the gamut of anti depressants. At the onset they helped but eventually didn't and I could not tolerate side effects of most of them. Therefore, I settled on taking Wellbitrin even though it just gave me energy. Now at 76, its endangering my health because of risk of seizures/high BP. So I am now taking Trintellix. I have more bloating/gas but thats it so far. I feel my mood is a little better today so thats a good sign. I had taken Viibyrd last month for 2 weeks and each day kept feeling more and more depressed. I will keep u posted."

Sally1350 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Depression "I was on 5mg of this for anxiety, after I found cipralex to be really sedating. I was only about to last a week on it due to being extremely nauseous, throwing up once, and feeling really strange on it.. almost a floating kind of feeling. That being said, I did find my head felt more clear then on some other medications I’ve tried, and I didn’t feel as foggy and sleepy. My doctor mentioned sometimes it takes 2ish weeks to see if the side effects will go away, but I couldn’t handle feeling so nauseous after a week. If you’re still trying to find the medication that works best for you, please don’t settle or give up - there is one out there for you (and me, I’m still searching, this is my third one I’ve tried) it’s just an extremely frustrating and scary process. All of our bodies chemistries are so different, so also don’t let these reviews scare you off too badly from trying something that could be great for you - unfortunately it just wasn’t great for me!"

Amanda (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on this for a week and a half. So far, I feel an increase in energy. Pros: I’m much more productive and outgoing than normal. I now feel like I have things to look forward to in life. Cons: a bit of nausea, gas (eek) that is definitely the worst side effect."

Cleobaby (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been on Lexapro for MDD but I had gained weight and gotten to the point where I barely wanted to leave my house. I’m now on Trintellix and I have a brighter mood and am more energetic and interested in life. I would recommend this drug. I haven’t had any of the gastrointestinal symptoms."

Cleobaby (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Depression "I have had mild depression and anxiety for quite some time and have always been highly opposed to medication. I was in serious need of something to manage my thoughts and my irritation and reactions. I have been on this 3 weeks now and can 100% say that I am so thankful for it. I am taking 5mg a day and the only side effects I had were a stomach ache the 1st 4 days with some sweatiness, but that went away day 5. I also wake up in the middle of the night and have a harder time going back to sleep. Otherwise, I am sweeter, my reactions are less emotional, all of my relationships have improved and everyday I am happier. I highly recommend."

Jamie (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "As I'm on it only for 3 weeks, my rating goes mostly for the minimal side effects. I tried several other antidepressants and this didn't create sexual dysfunction. I had an annoying itching all over my body, which went off after the first week. Be patient and don't give up, if you find you can tolerant the side effects for a few weeks. Now I could say I have zero side effects. Unfortunately though, I cannot say it is helping with my depression as of yet. I will wait another week."

gcarvalhomaciel September 11, 2018

For Depression "Been on Trintellix for 6 months. I had awful GAD and I now feel “normal”. Definitely have nausea and I’m a bit more tired than normal (need my daily nap) but now more chill. Tried Zoloft, Paxil and Cymbalta and had an awful experience with all of them - very happy with Trintellix."

Ej (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Depression "Med seems to be improving my overall outlook and feelings only been on for 3 weeks but seems to be working for the better. Will update in upcoming weeks."

Rick (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been diagnosed with double depression which is a combo of persistent depressive disorder and major depression and I've been on so many medications that this need was my last shot before ECT. I can't believe the difference trintellix has made in my life. I no longer have to worry about ECT and I feel good for the first time in 17 years."

Lilmissbittu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes