User Reviews for Trintellix

Depression
6.1

Summary of Trintellix reviews 6.2 604 reviews

Reviews for Trintellix

For Depression "I was on zoloft at various doses up to 200 mg for 5 years before I decided to wean off and go to nothing. Horrible withdrawal. After 6 months of being on nothing, I tried trintillex. First few weeks or so I felt constantly anxious and no mood increase/decrease. After 3rd week I felt a lift in mood and I had a few instances where I couldn't stop smiling, and go back to my old neutral/depressive state. I am about to go up to 20mg starting tomorrow because my OCD and anxiety are still there (though less), but as of now I can say that I feel a lot better mentally as far as mood and depression goes. I guess I am the lucky one as this causes almost no side effects as far as nausea and stomach cramps, other than constipation and a bit of dizziness/shaking and tremors the first few weeks, which are currently weaning away. I highly suggest you try this despite the horrible stomach side affects people are reporting as I have had no hardly any, and it just depends on the person."

josh June 19, 2018

For Depression "I went to the doctor with severe anxiety. It got to where I couldn’t stand to be around anyone. I was so irritable all the time and panicky. I do know some of this is my own fault for trying to do too much- single mother working while in nursing school. Putting pressure on myself to make straight As. There are many other factors, but in a nutshell, I think I overloaded myself. I went to the dr for something for anxiety. He gave me trintellix instead, which initially made me angry because I didn’t consider myself to be depressed and felt written off. However, within 3 days of taking this medication, I could tell a major difference. I really did not expect this to work for me at all, and I’m so thankful I tried it anyway. I am a much happier person. I’m able to get everything done without those awful feelings paralyzing me with fear. I’m pleasant to be around again to my family. I’m nicer. I don’t feel that horrible anxiety that clouded my perception of everything around me."

MB June 16, 2018

For Depression "Causes heart race."

Neiceygirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Depression "Just a reminder for anyone taking the drug and reading these reviews, it take's at least a week or two before one can begin to feel the beneficial results. As for my personal experience; I'm one week on the drug, and I'm taking Ativan as well to treat MDD and anxiety disorders. Other than some rather uncomfortable nausea, and a day or two of vomiting, this has been a very beneficial experience. No weight gain, libido is intact, and I feel clear; however, I strongly recommend you not do any heavy drinking while on this drug, and if you have a history of heart burn or stomach ulcers, then it might be a good idea to use additional medication to treat any stomach problems. All in all, it's working for me =)"

Dani (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Depression "I started taking trintellix about a year and a half ago for anxiety and depression after all other meds failed to help or helped but with lots of tiredness and nausea. This medicine is amazing!!!! It makes me feel absolutely normal!!! Occasionally I will get nausea it I take it without food or milk, but that's my fault."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Paxil for about 2 years. After having open heart surgery 4 x CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) I had major depression totally couldn’t function. I asked my Dr if I could try something different. She gave me some sample of 1 month supply. Half way thru I feel 110.% better, more energy better attitude, more focus at tasks and generally feel much better. I didn’t have any of the side effects other people had. I had none of them at all. The drug works great on me. I feel great"

Bill June 11, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was introduced to this two years ago when I had mild depression and it worked extremely well. Down the road I didn't need it anymore. I hate to see this drug have such a low rating on here because it's a life saver. I became suicidal last year and was put on Prozac. Eventually I got off of it because it gave me weird side effects of loopiness and headaches. I became suicidal again this year with panic attacks and I decided to try again with Trintellix. I'm not fully recovered but I am going to stick with this one as long as I can. I recommend this to anyone who can tolerate digestive symptoms . I can't deal with headaches like the ones Zoloft and Prozac gave me."

Murray (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My doctor put me on Trintellix and it was the worst experience of my life. He kept telling me it needed to get into my system. I took it for about 6 months and it made my depression/anxiety worse than ever. I could not function. I completely lost my appetite. I could not get out of bed. I could not go to work. I was a mess. He finally took me off and put me on something else and within 2 days I was feeling better-within 2 weeks I was functioning again and within 4 weeks I feel great."

jo June 7, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Being a 19 yr cancer survivor with negative effects of chemo and radiation, as well as having complete thyroid removal, Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia and extreme anxiety. I will say I haven't felt this great since before cancer treatments. Trintellix was effective with 2 days."

BB (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Trintellix has been a life saver for me. I was majorly depressed, unable to stay energized and would come home from an 8 hour work day and go straight to sleep. I couldn’t interact with people without becoming emotionally and physically drained. I was binge eating and struggling to “feel like myself.” I was prescribed Trintellix, starting with 10mg and then moving up to 15mg a day and it’s been a drastic change. My only side effects were migraines behind my eye (lasted about 2 weeks and then went away) & having to go to the bathroom almost immediately after I eat, which has somewhat gone away. I highly recommend this drug, I can’t explain how drastically it has changed the quality of my life."

Tate (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was taking Prozac for 4 years, and went a year without medication. I decided to go back on but I wanted something different. My doctor prescribed my 10mg Trintellix, as he said it was the few medicines without a side effect of insomnia that I already had. I was advised to take it with food, so the nausea wasn't so bad. I took it at night and it made me sleepy, but it would leave me in a zombie state for the entire next day. It got to a point that I was truly falling asleep at work, but then couldn't sleep at all once I got home. I personally don't recommend it as it made my depression worse, and I had a major lack of motivation and extreme fatigue. I would recommend trying it if you are interested in seeing what it does for you, but it just wasn't for me."

Chelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Depression "I was started on trintellix 5mg 2x day, I was hopeful. It didn’t run me crazy. Then suddenly it wasn’t affective. My dose was increased to 10mg 2x day, emotions all over the place . Dose now at 20mg with clonazepam . I cry all the time, I have no interest in anything. I go nowhere, I talk to no one, I can’t remember things, I don’t sleep more than a couple of hours at a time. I’ve lost my appetite, my sex drive, coping skills and now it’s destroying my marriage . I question my own existence. I’ve lost my job , my friends my life . I don’t get dressed or leave my house except for doctor appointments. This is an expensive medication and I’ve told my doctors it’s not helping and all I get is this is the strongest dose we can give you!"

Kimmiecoo7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2018

For Depression "My wife has been taking this for just over a week now and is almost completely back to being herself. She had tried 4 different antidepressants over the past 3 years and wasn’t herself at all. Even having insurance, it would have cost $90/month but I managed to find a voucher that dropped the price further."

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started at 10 mg dose, went through a month of nausea with a bonus side effect of weight loss because I was too nauseated to eat. After one month, increased to 15 mg and experienced another few weeks of nausea. Have been on 15 mg dose for a year and while I've experienced slight relief in depressive symptoms, it's no more effective a medication than some SNRIs or atypicals that I've tried. And it definitely is a sleep disruptor. Luckily, the drug reps push samples on my doctor, so I haven't had to pay for it but if I did, I would stop taking it. The cost is insane for the minor benefit."

Bellaroo31 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2018

For Depression "After trying many other medications, I am happy with my experience with Trintellix. I take 10mg once daily for depression and anxiety. I don’t feel like a zombie, have not had any sexual side effects or weight gain. The only adverse reaction I experience is very mild nausea afternoon taking so I take it in the evenings before bed."

gatorgirl5000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

For Depression "I've been taking Trintellix for the past 4-5 days. My anxiety is through the roof, and I'm very angry and sad. I'm on 5mg, also take Clonazepam, and it's not helping. It's causing trouble in my home life. I'm not sure what to do."

Halliemaddy (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on trintellix for 5 months. I have had problems where I cannot sleep . Overall it has helped with my depression and mood."

jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My daughter got severe migraines because of Trintellix for 2 years! Doctors did not think it was the medicine because the product information does not list headache even though it is the second most common side effect in registration trials. There is a review article you can google or call the company. Awful drug!"

Mich (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I hurt all over, muscle aches and pain. I have night sweats, and larger than usual bowel movements. I have waves of nausea and I feel like a worm out dish towel. I am stopping Trintellix today."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

For Depression "Drug worked okay to stop anxiety associated with the loss of my father. After increasing the does to max amount (20mg) I became extremely fatigued. I am talking, not able to get out of bed some days and going straight to bed after work. Even the lower doses continued the fatigue. This drug was not a good fit for me and was very expensive even with insurance."

Missy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Drug works as it's suppose too for me. I sleep well and can stop crying. Started on 10mg now on 20mg. I sleep well and am starting to come out of my shell. Problem for me is huge weight gain and slow metabolism and muscle and joint pain. I am afraid of having problems with thyroid and being able to walk. Still taking it. Been on it for two+months. On 20mg. Waiting to talk to doctor"

Mam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Depression "I started taking Trintellix about 1 month ago, after trying 4 other medications first. I finally found one that works for me and my insurance will not cover it. My Doctor was nice and gave me 1 month worth of samples. I love this medication! My motivation is awesome, good sex drive and overall I just feel great! I had not so great side effects with the other 4 medications I had tried. I just don't understand why getting help is so expensive? People are suffering because it is so hard to get help. Now my insurance wants me to trial and error 3 other medications off of their list before they will approve Trintellix. Trintellix works for me. What is the point of having insurance...? I guess I have to suffer for 3 more months just for them to actually help me."

Holly (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Depression "If I have to be on an antidepressant, and I do, then Trintellix is the one I've had the best experience with. I'm still on a 20mg dose and I feel levelled, a little bit anxious, but otherwise very little spiralling or anything like that which I had in the past. I've had issues with many other SSRI/SNRI class antidepressants in the past (primarily anxiety & sexual side effects). But Trintellix seems to be very, very manageable side-effect wise. Would be $50 with my insurance copay, but I signed up for a card on a website and I pay $10 a month now, so not bad."

Ska Octopus (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For Depression "Seriously, after 7 weeks I can't focus or get out of bed. UGH"

JORDAN (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Depression "The 1st week on Trintellex was fine, no problems. The next two weeks I had vomiting and severe diarrhea. I went off the med after 3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since I discontinued Trintellex and I still have liquid stools. I see the doc in 4 days."

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018