User Reviews for Trintellix

Depression 6.0
Major Depressive Disorder 6.0

Reviews for Trintellix

Hopeful · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

For Depression: “I went into a mild depression but major anxiety situation. I started Trintellix 6 days ago. Today I feel the best. I found myself happy and chatting with everyone I saw. I had slight nausea the first 4 days. I took it in the morning with a banana and it was fine. Kept a little something in my stomach the first 3 days. I did have trouble sleeping but took half a Benadryl and it helped. I’m feeling good today. I’m hopeful it will work for me. My doctor said I can come off of it in 90 days. It’s just to build up my seratonin levels. He only suggested 5mg. Try to stay with it if you have no major side effects”

Indiana · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Depression: “I took Trintellix and I had awful side effects. Life began to seem not worthy. I also developed Tardive Dyskinesia. And still have it after a year and a half. It drives me crazy.”

Josie · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2020

For Depression: “I started trintellix 3 years ago. I stopped it twice. I got back on them because I didn't have any other choice. My family doctor just retired and I cannot live without medication and it kind of help with anxiety but not so much with depression. I'm ALWAYS confused, no sex drive, constant nausea, some food that I loved now taste disgusting. I have abnormal intolerance to almost everything that has a strong smell. I cannot use mint toothpaste because of the odor and taste... I cannot concentrate. It's just an awful medication for me. I can wait to have an appointment with my new doctor to finally say good bye to this. I took cipralex and zoloft in the past and it was better.”

Snake · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2020

For Depression: “This medication has been a lifesaver. I have tried so many different antidepressants (Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, etc.) and none of them have worked as well as Trintellix. My “episodes” have disappeared and I finally feel stable which has allowed me to make important life decisions that I was always too fearful to do. In the past, I felt that I couldn’t trust my emotions because they felt too extreme. After years of constant sadness, worrying, and lack of motivation, I am relieved to feel like my normal self. I had maybe 3-4 days where I felt nauseous but overall, I do not experience this side effect. I have been on 10mg for approximately one month and it’s been the most joyous month I’ve had in years. I highly recommend this medication.”

gobucks820 · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2020

For Depression: “I've had BP II since middle/high school and am 30 now. I've only been on Trintellix for two days at a dose of 5 mg (plan to go to 10mg in 4 more days, if I want to). No side effects so far, which is a big plus among SNRIs like this & fingers crossed it doesn't continue. Latuda has been a godsend, so I remain on that while taking this. The research is very promising as with these reviews for MDD/depression. It's meant to work within 7-10 days per medical research (not anecdotes), and the anecdotal reports support this. Hoping this helps with my depressive period of BP and the accompanying fatigue and low motivation! Note: my insurance is very good that this drug is free, but other insurance typically makes this $0-10 with the patient assistance card.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2020

For Depression: “The day I took trintellix I feel my throat open up. I felt the effects of it almost immediately. It has changed my life. I have taken other antidepressants and they’re only made me feel so terrible with vomiting and feeling so down. I was hesitant to try anything else yet my amazing doctor who I trust very dearly told me how effective trintellix has been for anxiety although it is commonly used for depression. Changed my life. Highly recommend. Ps. My doctor reassured me that trintellix would be the right drug for me if I had no side effects. That’s why I trusted to try it. If you’re having side effects it’s not the right drug for you and you should commit to trying other meds till you find the right fit. The right fit may take several tries yet I promise and can reassure you, it will change your life for the better. Trust in the process and commit to finding the right fit with the help and surveillance of your doctor. You won’t regret it.”

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 1, 2020

For Depression: “Started Trintellix in a VERY LOW DOSE.. seemed to help. After 3 months, didn’t seem to help at all. Increased my dose, then the vomiting, weight gain went crazy!! Had to leave work several times because of vomiting!! I am a nurse in a VERY busy emergency department!! Grateful they didn’t fire me! Then the weight gain - up 20 LBS!! They claimed “ no significant effect on weight”.. LYING!!! Never again.. weaned off.. I’ll deal with being sad!”

Lee1209 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Depression: “I started Trintellix 2 months ago for anxiety/depression. I've been on Wellbutrin which helps my mood & can counteract some sexual side effects so I’ve stayed on it but it hasn’t really helped my anxiety. I’ve been on Zoloft, lexapro (horrible experience) and cymbalta, all had side effects I ultimately found unlivable. Honestly, starting trintellix was rough but if you can manage, stick with it! I had pretty bad nauseousness but only threw up once within the first few days of starting, & I started super slow & low. No other side effects and this is the first med that has not affected my sexual function. My anxiety is lessened and I feel hopeful. The daily nausea has gone away although I’ve noticed I’m more prone to motion/car sickness but my doctor gave me zofran for that. So far this Wellbutrin/trintellix combo is the best I’ve found for me. P.S. go through their website to get your Rx card to help with costs it helped my price tremendously”

Lf · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Depression: “I just started two days on this drug. I was told take it with food in the morning to stop nausea. First day my stomach was upset but no vomiting. Today I took it after I ate and within a hour or so I vomited so badly my throat is completely sore. Is this normal? This is such an expensive drug, even with insurance I paid almost $200. I don’t want to discontinue the use just yet but I am not sure I can handle the nausea and vomiting. Anyone else having these same issues?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I had an awful experience. My depression was considerably worse, I had no motivation, everything threw me into a rage. Even a normal conversation felt extremely irritating. Never again.”

Pandora · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I'm bipolar 2 and have suffered with major depression for so many years now. I have tried most antidepressants and with no luck! My latest bout lasted 3 very long years..3 very dark years. I had enough of fighting my own brain and decided that I should see my psychiatrist because I knew in my heart that this wouldn't get better and I would wake up in 3 more years worse and wondering where my life has gone. I did it and I've been on lamictal and trintellix for a few months now. I promise you it's the best result I have ever had. Zero side effects unless you go up in mg too fast. So far? I'm happier. I have more motivation. I have more clarity. I shower daily - most days lol And, more importantly, I have hope. Not all meds are meant for everyone and they are very different just we are as people. Please don't give up if trintellix isn't "Your drug" Blessings over you all, Pandora.”

Trintellsex · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Definitely mixed feelings about Trintellix after being on this medication for a year. Prior to this I took Paxil and abandoned that horror due to reduced emotions and feelings for anything or anyone. Began Trintellix and you'd swear I was bipolar (which I'm not). I wake up some mornings, take a 20 mg. tablet and feel happy, but severely anxious. Throughout the day the anxiety builds up until the evening. The evening sucks. The anxiety slowly builds into depression, wake up the next day and it happens all over again like groundhog day.”

asadlife May 27, 2020

For Depression: “I'm in my early 30's- been dealing with depression for almost 15 years. My former doc prescribed me trintillex. he swore it was a super "clean" med with out side effects. it's been 2+ years taking it (max 20mg) & I had no positive effects. Don't let your doc tell you it won't/rarely causes weight gain. IT DOES, especially if you're a female. It will continue the longer on it/dose increased. Also, awful GI problems- bad nausea or bad constipation. Also only makes anxiety worse especially if you take in the AM- take in PM you can't sleep ^_^ I would stay away from this drug DEFINITELY if you have anxiety, sensitive stomach, prone to weight gain from meds. I'm done off this in 4 days! can't wait”

Sundance · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

“I was out on 5mg of Trintellix for anxiety and have only taken it for 3 days and the side effects are awful. I quit taking it as of tonight. I can hardly walk and it gave me a headache, severe dizziness, sweating and insomnia. This medication is awful and do not recommend it to anyone. I will try other ways to deal with my anxiety/dizziness.”

Nurse75 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Depression: “I have always suffered from anxiety and depression. Having to go to work as a nurse's not knowing what the next day would bring was making my anxiety out of control. I went off Wellbutrin, started low dose of Trintellix. The anxiety was quickly gone, but I feel blah, crying al ot, getting depressed easily. I'm going top try and get back into working out again and see if that helps.”

GTL · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I’ve tried citalopram, Effexor, Wellbutrin SR and XL and Trintellix for anxiety issues, but all seemed to cause more anxiety and added depression, than I had before I started taking them. Every time I stop taking them I feel significantly better. Other negative side effects for trintellix specifically included nausea (I had to stop eating specific foods and because I was taking the medication with water I felt sick every time I drank it throughout the day), lower sexual appetite (significantly, was affecting my relationship), and lack of focus (I’m honestly lucky that I didn’t lose my job the week before I stopped taking them). I know I’ve had anxiety my whole life but the more I observe my issues, I’m fairly certain that the majority of my anxiety is caused by ADD.”

Ellie · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I have very mixed feelings about the medication, I started taking trintellix 10 about a month ago. I started noticing some weird mood swings, at about 8pm I get super manic and by 9 I'm horribly depressed and too anxious to talk to anyone. I feel stoned 24/7 and I get fishbowl vision. However it has significantly helped with depression.”

Lindsey · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I just started this medicine today fingers crossed!”

Kgirl February 25, 2020

For Depression: “I went on this medication because I have a condition called PGAD (persistent genital arousal disorder). The condition I have is absolutely horrible. I was previously on zoloft for over 10 years 100mg. It starts to flatten out so my doctor also gave me Wellbutrin 150mg in 2016/2017. In May 2019 my PGAD condition occurred (reasons are still unknown). I was then told to go off zoloft due to it's sexual side effects and try something else. My doctor gave me Trintellix 10mg. At first it worked okay. I felt super nauseous for a while. Then later almost every night I waa throwing up an hour after taking Trintellix. I took Trintellix for 8 months with zero relief of the vomiting. I have to take domperidone before my trintellix so I don't puke. My condition sort of got better now it is terrible. I also have anxiety and panic attacks nearly every day and cry very easily. It just isn't the pill for me. It was used for my anxiety and did not work.”

Trish · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Been on a number of MDD medicines. This Trintellix is the best. It has changed my moods of depression to the better. I have tried others . It seem I had no energy, fatigued, and sat in the dark for a number of months . I was giving up on what would help me. I suffer from agorphobia as well as severe anxiety with panic disorder. Trintellix along with a low dose of at lorazepam has helped me cope and feel better. The company has been a blessing along with my doctor helping to pay for the trintellix. I would recommend!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

For Depression: “I was on Cipralex for 5 years for anxiety and depression and my anxiety was better but about depression it was up and down, my dr switched me to trintellix 20 about 6 months ago and I feel my depression is getting better. I feel more happy but it worsened my anxiety ! I don't think this drug helps for anxiety at all !!!”

cali999 February 23, 2020

For Depression: “Trintellex started working by the end of the second week and continues to. I am happier than I have ever been and so impressed that Trintellex was able to get me through the incredibly difficult last two months, e.g changed jobs, had a project with an impossible deadline, the holidays, etc. I'm on 10mg daily. Side effect-wise I have some sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, difficult to achieve orgasm) but right now it seems worth it to feel this good. I've also lost weight. A new wrinkle as of 2 weeks ago is a tinnitus. I only notice it when its totally quiet which hasn't made sleeping the best so I take Trazadone to help with that which works great. After two months, I'm still feeling great on the Trintellex but the side effects aren't dissipating and I'm wondering how long I will be able to deal with them. Definitely not forever. Will update if things change.”

SD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Hello everyone! I started trintellix in the middle of January at 5 mg. The side effects were horrible. I remember that on the second day I vomited on the street while I was having a walk. I also had other side effects. After the first week, things started to change slowly for the better. After the second week, I took 10 mg. During the six week when I broke up with my boyfriend and everything felt apart. The medication stopped working and my depression got worse. I was on the way to kill myself. Everything was so serious and I decided to go back to my home town where is my family and therapist. For 3 weeks I have been on Effexor XR and I cannot say I see a positive change but I feel hopeful that things will change for the better. I rate Trintelix with 2 because it had awful side effects and it didn't help me at the end. I wish luck to everyone reading this. You are not alone!”

Blondie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For Depression: “I started Trintellix at 10mg over 4 weeks ago after being on Prestiq for over a year. I have been going into a deeper depression then I have ever experienced. I have sweats, upset stomach (take in morning with food). My nerves are shot and I don't want to leave my bedroom. I used to be so active in life now I just want to hide. I am going to my doctor today to request being taken of this medication and be put on something else. This medicine has just made my life worse than ever before. If you are deciding on what to go on I would not recommend this product.”

Nelly Moo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “This has changed my life for the better. My depression has lifted and I feel positive about life”