User Reviews for Trintellix

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.

Reviews for Trintellix to treat Major Depressive Disorder

"I had been on Lexapro for MDD but I had gained weight and gotten to the point where I barely wanted to leave my house. I’m now on Trintellix and I have a brighter mood and am more energetic and interested in life. I would recommend this drug. I haven’t had any of the gastrointestinal symptoms."

Cleobaby (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

"As I'm on it only for 3 weeks, my rating goes mostly for the minimal side effects. I tried several other antidepressants and this didn't create sexual dysfunction. I had an annoying itching all over my body, which went off after the first week. Be patient and don't give up, if you find you can tolerant the side effects for a few weeks. Now I could say I have zero side effects. Unfortunately though, I cannot say it is helping with my depression as of yet. I will wait another week."

gcarvalhomaciel September 11, 2018

"I've been diagnosed with double depression which is a combo of persistent depressive disorder and major depression and I've been on so many medications that this need was my last shot before ECT. I can't believe the difference trintellix has made in my life. I no longer have to worry about ECT and I feel good for the first time in 17 years."

Lilmissbittu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

"I had tried cipralex for a while when I was younger and it helped with my depression but the side effects were unpleasant and unhelpful. I had sexual dysfunction, blunted emotions, and a terrible crash after one beer resulting in weeks of anxiety. I was off and barely scraping by without help for years when I finally saw a new doctor who listened to my story and recommended trintellix. On the first day I noticed my mood improve. Over the weeks the residual anxiety vanished. I felt excited to wake up with the sun for the first time since childhood. The nausea was difficult to cope with, but if I take it before bed when already sleepy I am asleep before the nausea starts. It helped my concentration a little and we added concerta to the mix. I still cry but it's when I have a reason to now. Little things people take for granted, like vacuuming and doing laundry, are possible. It drained my savings but it helped me feel ready to try again. I'm finally employed and getting somewhere again."

rowan August 31, 2018

"I've been on Zoloft for years. Then when I felt better, I would stop. Big mistake. Symptoms came back. Finally 2009, my doc said that if I stopped again he won’t treat me anymore. My wake up call. April 2012 knee surgery. I prescribed Percocet for pain. Got hooked, and depression/anxiety symptoms came back. So doc weened me off Zoloft and put me on 20mg Paxil. Felt great a month later. June 2018. I asked if I could take 10mg of Paxil to help with erectile dysfunction. It helped, but 5 weeks later, my depression/anxiety symptoms came back. After 4 weeks back on 20 mg, no help what so ever. I’m seeing a new doc and she introduced trintellix 5mg and drop the Paxil to 10mg to slowly wean me off. Also take 1.0mg klonopin at bedtime to help me sleep plus .25 klonopin to help with anxiety in the morning and .25 in the afternoon. Today is day 3 on this new plan. I have social anxiety. I feel better when I stay home watching TV. I have very little interest in the things I enjoy. Just wondering when should I feel like my self again"

Looking for advice and answers August 26, 2018

"Started on 5mg for a week, then 10mg for a week, then started 20mg. Two days after starting 20mg the nausea was too much to tolerate and I had to stop taking. It's unfortunate as it was really helping my depression and my memory. The cost is co-pay after maxing out of pocket."

John (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

"This medication was prescribed to me as I was gaining weight on Zoloft. Initially I had depression/mdd. Until a few years ago I was diagnosed with PMDD. This is by far the toughest illness a women may be facing around her period time. I do not think this drug is for PMDD at all. I have been on it for a little over a year and it did nothing for me, minimal help. Please look at other SSRIs for the treatment of PMDD or Yaz. Some meds may help but it really depends. This one really doesnt."

z (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2018

"For years I’ve experienced various forms of depression including post partum (PMDD), and MDD. My treatment regimen has included SSRI, SNRI and Wellbutrin. To my dismay none of these agents seemed work for me and as a result, my depression relapsed and my episodes were greater, even to the point of suicidal thoughts. Often times I would have talks with my psychiatrist that while being on the prescribed medicine, “ I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel.” Come to find out later these feelings were a result of the medication not helping me. After a few years of complete misery and helplessness, Brintellix came along. My world changed. Within the first week I was feeling complete. I was sleeping well, had more energy and I also found interest in things again. The biggest improvement was my focus and concentration. More than 3 years later, I’m still in this drug and experienced absolutely no side effects."

Coach (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

"I take 5 mg per day of trintellix. I take 10 mg as needed. I have cut the 10 mgs in half and I have also taken just the 5 mg pill. This is my first experience with antidepressants. I did try a generic prozac but only for 2 days as it gave me anxiety. Trintellix makes me a little dizzy for the first hour and tired for the 1st 2 hours. Based on reviews I anticipated strong nausea but it was not the case for me. I find that it is helpful to take it at night. Sometimes I feel huge energy, then at other times, I am "spaced out." However, I have noticed less obsessive/spiralling thinking and have stopped counting calories. I do feel a bit more complacent. At times I feel strangely positive, even blissful, and I know that it is the medication because it is so out of character. Then again, this medication does not prevent me from getting upset if something truly upsetting happens. Overall I recommend if you can afford it. Take advantage of the discount program."

Sandy August 13, 2018

"This medication only gave me headaches with no relief from my depression."

LA (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

"I started at 5 mg with the understanding I would increase to 10mg after 7 days. By day 4, the nausea was deepening rather than going away as the doctor thought. At day 6, I was constantly vomiting, even to the point of dry heaves. My face and upper arms were bright red, with areas of broken capillaries. While easy to take (small pill form) the side effects were bad for me. It was difficult to get back to the doctor, and nausea continued whether with or without food. All in all, a very uncomfortable experience."

MayJay (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

"I have been on viibryd for 3 years and noticed my depression was starting to get worse recently. I’ve been on all medicines imaginable. My dr put me on this starting out at 10mg and reduce my viibryd to 20 at the same time. I was on this less than a week And I was a complete wreck and I was itching all over."

Jokaye (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

"I was put on it less then a week ago Amplified my migraines and I lost track of time the last 5 hours in one day. I was dizzy and nauseous very forgetful and I feel like I was an out-of-body experience although it helped me with certain problems that I had. I would not recommend."

Joy (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

"I'm a 32 year old female, been on numerous antidepressants over the years. After being on Brintellix for 2 weeks I started thinking of suicide (I haven't felt suicidal in over a decade). Brintellix brought out the worst in me and really put me on a rollercoaster. Please be careful with this drug and monitor yourself closely, FDA issued warnings of the suicidal tendencies related to this drug as well, it very nearly ruined my life. I don't recommend it at all."

M (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

"Caused sexual dysfunction"

Queen Slick (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

"Drug is fine but the price of $400 a month is absurd."

Jake (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

"I have been taking Paxil for about 2 years. After having open heart surgery 4 x CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) I had major depression totally couldn’t function. I asked my Dr if I could try something different. She gave me some sample of 1 month supply. Half way thru I feel 110.% better, more energy better attitude, more focus at tasks and generally feel much better. I didn’t have any of the side effects other people had. I had none of them at all. The drug works great on me. I feel great"

Bill June 11, 2018

"I was introduced to this two years ago when I had mild depression and it worked extremely well. Down the road I didn't need it anymore. I hate to see this drug have such a low rating on here because it's a life saver. I became suicidal last year and was put on Prozac. Eventually I got off of it because it gave me weird side effects of loopiness and headaches. I became suicidal again this year with panic attacks and I decided to try again with Trintellix. I'm not fully recovered but I am going to stick with this one as long as I can. I recommend this to anyone who can tolerate digestive symptoms . I can't deal with headaches like the ones Zoloft and Prozac gave me."

Murray (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2018

"My doctor put me on Trintellix and it was the worst experience of my life. He kept telling me it needed to get into my system. I took it for about 6 months and it made my depression/anxiety worse than ever. I could not function. I completely lost my appetite. I could not get out of bed. I could not go to work. I was a mess. He finally took me off and put me on something else and within 2 days I was feeling better-within 2 weeks I was functioning again and within 4 weeks I feel great."

jo June 7, 2018

"Being a 19 yr cancer survivor with negative effects of chemo and radiation, as well as having complete thyroid removal, Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia and extreme anxiety. I will say I haven't felt this great since before cancer treatments. Trintellix was effective with 2 days."

BB (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

"Trintellix has been a life saver for me. I was majorly depressed, unable to stay energized and would come home from an 8 hour work day and go straight to sleep. I couldn’t interact with people without becoming emotionally and physically drained. I was binge eating and struggling to “feel like myself.” I was prescribed Trintellix, starting with 10mg and then moving up to 15mg a day and it’s been a drastic change. My only side effects were migraines behind my eye (lasted about 2 weeks and then went away) & having to go to the bathroom almost immediately after I eat, which has somewhat gone away. I highly recommend this drug, I can’t explain how drastically it has changed the quality of my life."

Tate (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

"I was taking Prozac for 4 years, and went a year without medication. I decided to go back on but I wanted something different. My doctor prescribed my 10mg Trintellix, as he said it was the few medicines without a side effect of insomnia that I already had. I was advised to take it with food, so the nausea wasn't so bad. I took it at night and it made me sleepy, but it would leave me in a zombie state for the entire next day. It got to a point that I was truly falling asleep at work, but then couldn't sleep at all once I got home. I personally don't recommend it as it made my depression worse, and I had a major lack of motivation and extreme fatigue. I would recommend trying it if you are interested in seeing what it does for you, but it just wasn't for me."

Chelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

"Started at 10 mg dose, went through a month of nausea with a bonus side effect of weight loss because I was too nauseated to eat. After one month, increased to 15 mg and experienced another few weeks of nausea. Have been on 15 mg dose for a year and while I've experienced slight relief in depressive symptoms, it's no more effective a medication than some SNRIs or atypicals that I've tried. And it definitely is a sleep disruptor. Luckily, the drug reps push samples on my doctor, so I haven't had to pay for it but if I did, I would stop taking it. The cost is insane for the minor benefit."

Bellaroo31 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2018

"I have been on trintellix for 5 months. I have had problems where I cannot sleep . Overall it has helped with my depression and mood."

jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

"My daughter got severe migraines because of Trintellix for 2 years! Doctors did not think it was the medicine because the product information does not list headache even though it is the second most common side effect in registration trials. There is a review article you can google or call the company. Awful drug!"

Mich (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018