User Reviews for Trintellix

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.

Reviews for Trintellix to treat Major Depressive Disorder

"I have been taking Paxil for about 2 years. After having open heart surgery 4 x CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) I had major depression totally couldn’t function. I asked my Dr if I could try something different. She gave me some sample of 1 month supply. Half way thru I feel 110.% better, more energy better attitude, more focus at tasks and generally feel much better. I didn’t have any of the side effects other people had. I had none of them at all. The drug works great on me. I feel great"

Bill June 11, 2018

"I was introduced to this two years ago when I had mild depression and it worked extremely well. Down the road I didn't need it anymore. I hate to see this drug have such a low rating on here because it's a life saver. I became suicidal last year and was put on Prozac. Eventually I got off of it because it gave me weird side effects of loopiness and headaches. I became suicidal again this year with panic attacks and I decided to try again with Trintellix. I'm not fully recovered but I am going to stick with this one as long as I can. I recommend this to anyone who can tolerate digestive symptoms . I can't deal with headaches like the ones Zoloft and Prozac gave me."

Murray (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2018

"My doctor put me on Trintellix and it was the worst experience of my life. He kept telling me it needed to get into my system. I took it for about 6 months and it made my depression/anxiety worse than ever. I could not function. I completely lost my appetite. I could not get out of bed. I could not go to work. I was a mess. He finally took me off and put me on something else and within 2 days I was feeling better-within 2 weeks I was functioning again and within 4 weeks I feel great."

jo June 7, 2018

"Being a 19 yr cancer survivor with negative effects of chemo and radiation, as well as having complete thyroid removal, Epstein Barr, fibromyalgia and extreme anxiety. I will say I haven't felt this great since before cancer treatments. Trintellix was effective with 2 days."

BB (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

"Trintellix has been a life saver for me. I was majorly depressed, unable to stay energized and would come home from an 8 hour work day and go straight to sleep. I couldn’t interact with people without becoming emotionally and physically drained. I was binge eating and struggling to “feel like myself.” I was prescribed Trintellix, starting with 10mg and then moving up to 15mg a day and it’s been a drastic change. My only side effects were migraines behind my eye (lasted about 2 weeks and then went away) & having to go to the bathroom almost immediately after I eat, which has somewhat gone away. I highly recommend this drug, I can’t explain how drastically it has changed the quality of my life."

Tate (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

"I was taking Prozac for 4 years, and went a year without medication. I decided to go back on but I wanted something different. My doctor prescribed my 10mg Trintellix, as he said it was the few medicines without a side effect of insomnia that I already had. I was advised to take it with food, so the nausea wasn't so bad. I took it at night and it made me sleepy, but it would leave me in a zombie state for the entire next day. It got to a point that I was truly falling asleep at work, but then couldn't sleep at all once I got home. I personally don't recommend it as it made my depression worse, and I had a major lack of motivation and extreme fatigue. I would recommend trying it if you are interested in seeing what it does for you, but it just wasn't for me."

Chelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

"Started at 10 mg dose, went through a month of nausea with a bonus side effect of weight loss because I was too nauseated to eat. After one month, increased to 15 mg and experienced another few weeks of nausea. Have been on 15 mg dose for a year and while I've experienced slight relief in depressive symptoms, it's no more effective a medication than some SNRIs or atypicals that I've tried. And it definitely is a sleep disruptor. Luckily, the drug reps push samples on my doctor, so I haven't had to pay for it but if I did, I would stop taking it. The cost is insane for the minor benefit."

Bellaroo31 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2018

"I have been on trintellix for 5 months. I have had problems where I cannot sleep . Overall it has helped with my depression and mood."

jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

"My daughter got severe migraines because of Trintellix for 2 years! Doctors did not think it was the medicine because the product information does not list headache even though it is the second most common side effect in registration trials. There is a review article you can google or call the company. Awful drug!"

Mich (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

"I hurt all over, muscle aches and pain. I have night sweats, and larger than usual bowel movements. I have waves of nausea and I feel like a worm out dish towel. I am stopping Trintellix today."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

"Drug works as it's suppose too for me. I sleep well and can stop crying. Started on 10mg now on 20mg. I sleep well and am starting to come out of my shell. Problem for me is huge weight gain and slow metabolism and muscle and joint pain. I am afraid of having problems with thyroid and being able to walk. Still taking it. Been on it for two+months. On 20mg. Waiting to talk to doctor"

Mam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

"The ONLY antidepressant that has touched my treatment resistant depression. Started at 10mg, now taking 20mg/day. The only side effect was some mild nausea for the first two days. Brilliant and Highly Recommended!"

WildcatVet (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

"On this I had jittery feeling, bad dry mouth, crying all the time, mood swings, irritable! Eye pain bad! Foggy vision, slept all day and all night!!! Couldn't get out of bed on my days off, constipated, nauseous! Stomach and back pain, unsteady on my feet. I was on it for 3 months and I stopped taking it today."

Camille morgan May 8, 2018

"Made me sick to my stomach, sweaty, and blurred my vision."

luke uno (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

"This has been the worst medication of my life. In September I started Zoloft for anxiety and depression and started becoming much more depressed then before therefore my doctor had me try a SNRI instead because I have been on 3 other SSRIs. Within 20-30 minutes of taking 5mg of trintellix I had stomach pain and GI discomfort. For over 4 hours I experienced horrible pain, was extremely nauseous and throwing up/dry heaving, and experienced horrible diarrhea. The side effects were so horrendous I lasted only a week on the medicine hoping the symptoms would lessen but after a week I couldn’t endure any more time suffering from the side effects."

Junie April 22, 2018

"I realize that we all respond differently to medications. This drug may work well for others but it was not the drug for me. Caused aggression and severe anxiety. Reported symptoms to my doctor and he doubled the dose and told me to wait 6 weeks. After 2 weeks, I called again and stated that I was worse. He started weaning me from Trintellix and weaning me onto Lexapro. After the third dose of Lexapro, I went into severe serotonin syndrome including coma and seizures. Near fatal drug interaction with Trintellix. Please educate yourself on the symptoms of serotonin syndrome!!!!! Looking back, I was in low grade serotonin syndrome for about 8 months, since starting Trintellix. The addition of another SSRI sent me over the edge. I have taken another drug for 23 years and have never experienced anything as horrific as this drug!!!"

Kiki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2018

"I have been different antidepressants over the years. I am currently on 20mg of trintellix a day. My crying hasn't stopped at all. I can cry over anything or just thoughts in my head. Has anyone else have this experience? I have always been tired."

Diana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

"I LOVED this medicine until the weight gain, boating, and constipation became too much to handle. I've tried all the SSRI's and the only one to help regulate my sleep was this one. I felt calmer, focused, and in general more in control of my life. All the SSRI's make me gain weight and this is one is no different. At first I lost weight then rapidly gained until my work pants no longer buttoned. And I did diet and exercise during this time to no avail. I didn't want to buy a new wardrobe so I gradually came off, I was weepy for a week and now my insomnia is back in full force. Wish I could take this again! Maybe if I lose the weight I will try again? Also if you have private insurance get the coupon from the website and it will cost you like $12 a month."

Zippie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

"I was put on 10mg Trintellix for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). It has been a blessing. I call it my miracle pill. I started feeling different after a week of taking it. I have been on it for 2 months and the improvements has been amazing. I have no anxiety, I feel happy and started sleeping again. Only the first 3 days I felt a little nauseated, but it lasted like 20 mins and it was gone. No other side effects. Simply it work perfectly for my. Give it a try. I was very reluctant of trying it because I was scare of the side effects but I am glad I took the leap."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

"I was already taking trazodone 200mg, bupropion 300mg, And buspar, though I can't remember what the dosage was for that. I wasn't doing well, I was crying all the time, suicidal, a mess. Checking myself in wasn't an option. My Dr. gave me some samples of trintellix. Mind you, I do shake a little, barely noticeable, from the bupropion. By the 3rd day I was shaking uncontrollably. End of week I was weeping, constantly, over everything. But the worst thing? My memory packed it's bags and moved out. Seriously, there was no retaining anything. I couldn't think, process, focus. I stopped at a week. The effects lasted months. Pay attention, have someone watching you, and stop immediately if this happens. You'll know quickly. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying, beware, we all respond differently to all these meds."

Pmbourque March 22, 2018

"I suffered from major depression!! I tried trintellex and I'm feeling a lot better."

Kee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2018

"After nothing else worked then came Trintellix. So far the only antidepressant that has worked me. I’m back to my old self!"

only1chris8204 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

"I have maybe experienced sporadic minor relief but my side effects (nausea, hives, headaches, sudden and explosive vomiting, sexual dysfunction) only get worse. I have never experienced a totally depression free day on this medicine. I doubt a good doctor would prescribe this expensive medication unless he/she was very receiving some sort of incentive from the pharmaceutical company. It is really worthless. I’d be better off taking arsenic, probably."

Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2018

"I took this drug for 4 weeks. I had failed a four week trial of Lexapro which I was placed on after 12 years on Effexor, a drug that totally stopped working for me about a year ago. I was queasy for the entire time I was on Trintellix. I threw up several times. I received no discernible benefit from this medication and stopped taking it abruptly. That may not be the wisest course and I don’t necessarily recommend it. But I became fed up with the queasiness. Initially, I felt a lot better and my energy returned. Now, ten days out, I have had a few spells of flu-like symptoms. I feel that I received no therapeutic benefit from this drug."

MoodyBlues (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

"I have been taking it for the past five months. I started at 5 mg and went up to 20 mg during three months. No side effects after the first two weeks. Brain fog improved after the third month. Improvements to my sleep, energy, heart rate, mood, ability to multitask and focus, appetite, etc. are happening slowly. I did not feel an immediate relief at all. They way it is improving my depression is much like how my depression happened: very slowly over the past four years. In fact, it happened so slowly that I could no longer realize I am depressed and it took me a year to confirm my disease after countless doctor visits with several physical symptoms such as stomach ache, excess acid, IBS, fainting, increased heart-rate, sever low energy, and 40 lbs weight gain. I tried Cipralex and Zoloft before Trintellix and they gave me very severe side effects so I stopped them after a week. Now after five months on Trintellix, I can say, I feel a lot more better"

Ghaz February 27, 2018