User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 12 reviews 2 medications

Persistent Depressive Disorder 3 reviews 3 medications

5.5
Summary of Bupropion reviews 1239 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Bupropion

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Tabitha57.... What brand of 150 SR did you take... Mylan, sandoz or Brand name Wellbutrin?"

Rinmoe (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am a 47 year old man and have been on several medications for my schizoaffective disorder and depression. My last antidepressant was Efexxor XR which killed my sex drive for several years. I suggested my Pdoc to try Wellbutrin XL and I shall say that that my sexual life increased from 1 to 10. I am very pleased with this medication and would recommend it to anyone."

chefhemaro (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I am a 57 year old breast cancer survivor who has been in excellent shape, trim and happily married. After menopause, I developed insomnia, weight gain and depression. Can no longer take estrogen due to breast cancer, which made me feel tired all the time. Thyroid medicine helped but not enough--No energy and lost interest in doing things. My doctor insisted I try SSRIs such as Lexapro and Zoloft, but had bad side effects. I tried many supplements--not much help. I tried Bupropion HCL SR 150 mg. It worked right away. I take early morning and have energy all day. I did not have side effects (lost 2 pounds! and insomnia if taken after 10 am). Changed my life! Been on it 4 months."

Tabitha 57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "I used to smoke at least 2 packets per day for almost 20 years. I severally tried to quit without sucess. It was in 2001 while visiting a doctor friend when I learnt about the wonder drug zyban and decided to give it a try. I took 1 tablet per day for 1 week and has never looked back. No claving and no side effects. After 1 week of no smoking at all, I gave the rest of the medication to a friend. The way I think zyban has a degree of success is when an individual also desires and is determined to quit. All I needed was 3 days of no smoking"

Ndiathi (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Started taking it and I slept well at night and awoke early around 5 to start my day happily. But come 8 am and I am drowsy and needed to take already two hrs nap. Awake and resume My day with not much difficulties. Than st 2 pm again I needed a nap? So how was I gonna make it to work and my appointments too ? I went cold turkey. Felt much better after that. Only to crash again. I did try other anti depressants including pristique. But I suffered with insomnia with these meds. I know I need to start again but so confused if I should resume welbutrin"

Neemi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "I took this medication for anxiety, bc it was recommended by my doctor and therapist. I also read some reviews of how well it did for others. However, I didnt have a good experience at all. I only took the medicine for 3 days, and my anxiety increased exponentially. The 1st day I experienced migraines, dizziness, increased heartrate, ringing in ears, and nearly all other side effects. The second day I felt frantic and wanted to crawl on the walls. I also woke from panic and fear in the middle of the night. On day 3, I woke up angry like the Hulk, violent like. The side effects continued to get worse through the morning- flashes of heat, dizziness, further increased heart rate, panicked feelings, on & on. I DO NOT suggest this for those w/ anxiety"

R0x4nn3 January 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been taking wellbutrin 300 mg for about three years. I was taking Zoloft for anxiety before that and absolutely hated it. The first couple years on wellbutrin was great. I wasn't having anxiety attacks and stress was normal. However, I think my body got too used to it and now the effects are minimal. I can feel some difference, but my anxiety has been an all time high this past year. Since there's nothing higher than 300 mg, I'm planning to try something different. I did like wellbutrin, no side effects. Just doesn't work well for me anymore."

Kristine marie January 13, 2017

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "Day 1 of taking Wellbutrin XL, I was the most positive I've been in a long time. I had a very vivid colorful dream that first night, the first time I've ever dreamt in color (that I can remember). The dreams subsided after day one, but the medication continued to make me feel better. I'm about 2 months in, and it's been absolutely amazing in treating my depression. My motivation has drastically skyrocketed, and I feel more positive and optimistic about life."

Al82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "I have smoked since I was 12 yrs old. Started smoking daily at age 15. I am now 51. Quit a few times for 3 or 4 months but always went back to it. On day 2 with Zyban and still smoking but looking forward to finally quitting. First day I took one in morning. Felt a bit funny but also was getting pains in chest n arm. Not sure if this was just a panic attack or what but going to keep going. If it gets worse I will have to stop taking zyban. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was nothing more than a panic attack."

Annonymous51 January 11, 2017

For ADHD: "My husband was dxed with adhd as adult at my urging due to impulsiveness, anxiety, inability to hold a job and scattered memory. He was on Wellbutrin initially but changed to Adderall which was effective. Over the years he was on Strattera which lost effectiveness and was placed back on wellbutrin at his request. He has diabetes type 2 and anxiety and hypertension. Only on medication for a week and I am ready to pull my hair out. His anxiety is through the roof. Can't sit still but must watch TV while playing on phone. His blood glucose was panic value last night (441-normal 70-110), repeated himself multiple times, impulsive, left to play tennis but returned because forgot tennis racket and balls, then coffee, two more things. Not okay!"

seaoats (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on and off different SSRI's and none of them have helped e.g. slept my life away, foggy mind, couldn't concentrate, no feelings, constant ringing in my ears, low libido. I started on Wellbutrin XL 150mg for 1 month and my doc upped my dose to 300mg. My experience has been super wonderful, from sleeping too much I am now going to bed later at night and getting up earlier & feel refreshed. I cry when I need to which to me is a good release. I am always busy. I have redone my whole home & garden, I go out more (use to be a total recluse). I sit & have my coffee out on the patio & watch the bird life and find so much joy in every day life. I have found an inner peace with Wellbutrin XL that I have never felt before. Big thumbs up :)"

Lin-Lu January 10, 2017

For Anxiety: "I freaking LOVE buproprion! Sertraline and Fluoxetine would kill my sex drive and also make it impossible to achieve the big O. Now, I'm back! Not only is my anxiety and depression under control, and I was able to quit smoking, and I lost some weight... Having my sex drive back is awesome! I want to kiss the folks who invented this stuff!"

Sherry Goodman January 9, 2017

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "I have been taking welbutrin for about a 18 months. At first my libido came flooding back as it does whenI am no longer feeling the pangs of deep depression. It eventually settled in to normal levels but my main problem is my endurance! I have always been able to go the distance more or less but these days I climax in 60 seconds every time! It doesn't matter if we just had sex 5 minutes ago....60 seconds and I spill the beans!! I am a 37 year old male so maybe time is catching up with me??? Idk..."

MrQuick (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2017

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking 15mg remron at night for sleep and also to help out with the depression when I wake up in the morn! I recently started the wellbutrin xl for about 5 weeks now and I think its a good mix for me. Before the wellbutrin I was always tired and not into anything! Feeling down yet once I started wellbutrin it brought me back to life! I can finally do things and be happy about doing stuff. So far so good! I'll keep ya posted..."

Johnnie85 January 9, 2017

For ADHD: "Its weird, but Wellbutrin does something where I have the ability to slow down and think for the split second it takes before I do something impulsively. That's the only way I can describe it. Leaxpro makes the world annoy me off less and makes me chill. But Wellbutrin - It gives me time to think, is this a good idea!"

Stefane Marasco January 8, 2017

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: "My doctor started me on a very low dose of this (100mg). I have anxiety, depression, and (a questionable diagnosis, pending review) of bipolar disorder. The first day I took this I had a full blown panic attack. My heart was racing so fast and I was experiencing pretty bad chest pain and heaviness, so much so that I called the office and they wanted me to stop taking it and go to the ER to have an EKG done. I stopped taking it for about 2 weeks, but wasn't ready to give up on it - big mistake. So I went back on it for 3 days. Each day I had elevated heart rate, and felt anxious all day long. I was EXTREMELY irritable to the point of rage, my ENTIRE face broke out with painful cystic acne I'd never had before - basically over night. Skip!"

Brvvkelindsey January 7, 2017

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "Dr. switched me from 20mg generic Lexapro to 300mg of generic Wellbutrin XL HCL (bupropion) because I felt a lack of energy on the Lexapro. I didn't notice any change of energy level with the Wellbutrin, but had many side effects: significant weight gain (30 lbs in 8 months) despite it being "weight neutral"; constant headaches, joint pain, muscle ache, stomach pain, blurry vision, constipation and sleep disturbances. Switched from CVS pharmacy to Publix pharmacy and pills were different (small white round at CVS, large white oblong at Publix). Switching to new generic only made side effects worse. Went back to the generic Lexapro and after 3 weeks, all symptoms ceased and weight is dropping back off. Wellbutrin is not for me."

JaxLaurie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

For Smoking Cessation: "It's been a wk since I started with Bupron 150 SR (generic bupropion). In the first wk, the cigs started tasting funny (metallic taste), & by the end of the wk, I could hardly smoke a full cig. Been a smoker for the past 25 yrs, It's definitely working, & works best if you stop buying packs!"

Matanay January 7, 2017

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been depressed for quite some years now on and off. I've had my highs and my lows .I decided to talk to my doctor to try out anti depressants even though I was so scared and skeptical .My doctor prescribed me with setraline 50 mg I noticed my energy level increased to a certain extent but after a couple months I noticed no change at all I was just at a 5 out of 10 not going up or down so I decided to change my meds. He then prescribed me bupropion xl 150 mg. The first 3 days were amazing I had an incredible amount of energy . I felt the most normal I hadin a whole year . Soon after , the 6th day came and i felt horrible. Vomiting , headaches, confusion.. & night sweats.. etc"

Sammydee January 5, 2017

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Started Wellbutrin XL at 150 mg once a day to treat depression and anxiety, although was more concerned about depression. The first week I was on it I was absolutely miserable. I did not sleep or eat at all and was crying constantly and I think it definitely worsened my depression. However, I called my doctor and had my dose lowered to 75 mg and not extended release and I immediately felt better. I have been on that dosage for about 6 months now and I feel amazing. I am able to control my emotions so much better and I rarely have meltdowns ( I used to have a complete meltdown anytime anything negative happened to me). I definitely plan on staying on wellbutrin. Would just recommend you make sure you are on the right dose"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been taking Bupropion 1 pill 150mg once a day for anxiety and depression for a month and it hasn't really been working. I feel the same way. The first day I felt that it limited my brain somehow, but that was all. And I find myself not being able to sleep at all at night ever since I started taking it. I've been sleeping 2-3 hours. Maybe I should take a higher dose or change medication."

Angel8888 January 4, 2017

For Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 43 years 2packs a day tried to quit with patch, hypnosis, chantex didn't work for me . I went on bupropion 2 times a day for three days bad side effects but after 3 days all side effects went away . I smoked for three weeks on the medication and quit. It was not hard to quit I was on the medicine for a total of 2 months quit the medicine and have been smoke free for 6 months ."

Alice car January 4, 2017

For Depression: "I went through a rough patch in life and spent the good part of a year in bars to self medicating with alcohol my terrible anxiety with alcohol. I got to the point I was having alcohol withdrawals in the mornings. Went to the doctors to treat the withdrawals. After 3 weeks on librium and then another two with "as needed xanax (to fend off an alcohol craving trigger)", I went off of everything. About 2 months after my last drink, I was getting a bit depressed at times for no reason. After a couple of weeks of this and doing a lot of reading up, I asked my Dr for Wellbrutrin. He agreed and prescribed 150mgs a day, said the effects wouldn't be felt for at least a month. I'm a month in, focused, no booze cravings and sleep great."

Anthony367 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

For Depression: "F/26, Wellbutrin SR 100mg twice a day & I feel so much better. I've tried many different SS/SNRIs over the past 12 years & they all made me have extreme suicidal thoughts. I had kind of given up hope on finding something that worked for me, but then a new psychiatrist recommended trying Wellbutrin. The first week or so was rough, I had blurry vision, shakes, & extreme light sensitivity. Those negative side effects went away after 3 weeks. I'm 3 months in & my mood has significantly increased, which is just amazing because my depression worsens significantly in the winter. I feel optimistic for the future, my sex drive is better, I have more energy & am more focused (I have fibromyalgia as well so this is huge for me), and I've quit smoking!"

Kris10mo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Increasing dose from 150mg to 300mg daily stopped suicidal ideation, but did not improve anhedonia. Increased dose associated with onset of hemidyskinesia, which diminished on lowered dosage and resolved completely when drug stopped."

Kelly-Anne Bryan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017