User Reviews for Bupropion systemic

Also known as: Aplenzin, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Zyban Advantage Pack

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Persistent Depressive Disorder
6.3

Summary of Bupropion reviews 7.4 1,688 reviews

Reviews for Bupropion

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "In the first review that I left, I'm pretty sure I trashed Wellbutrin XL. HOWEVER. I am currently on Lamictal, Pristiq, Concerta, Xanax XR PRN (as needed) and Propranolol PRN (as needed). These meds have done me wonders as far as stabilizing me. Especially Lamictal. Lamictal is amazing. I was still feeling depressed and that it was hard to get out of bed, and even stay awake with Concerta (or any stimulant). I thought of maybe doing Wellbutrin 150 XL, but was so scared of the anxiety that it gave me as a teenager. I mean, it turned me into someone else. But I could use the weight loss and activation this time. So I'm finishing up my first week with it, and wow. I've had no side effects except some insomnia the first few days. I think the medications (as well as being 5 years older/more mature) have helped me tolerate it. I can get out of bed now."

thebrogo (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Terrible drug. If there is a drug out there that is useless, than this is it. I have never been so sick from taking any drug like I was from this drug. Yuck."

RC (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For ADHD: "I honestly think this works better than adderall. I tried different dosages of adderall, and it all seems to have the crash effect. This medicine starts to work quickly, and you feel well balanced, not quick to react, calm, and focused. I take it once in the morning 100mg, and second dose in the evening. No side effects. Boosts sex drive!"

Charles (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I take half of pill when I'm feeling anxiety or depressed it helps me calm down."

Nikki (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2019

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I have been taking 150mg Wellbutrin XL for 4 months now and it has changed my life. I have had depression and anxiety since childhood. I took Celexa for about a year in my late teens and it left a bad impression on me regarding antidepressants (it relieved my anxiety but made me extremely sedated and robotic). After several years I finally gave into trying antidepressants again, as I had just lost my job and was struggling to get out of bed for class. Wellbutrin has helped me feel energized, less foggy, less irritable, but mostly just... normal. Insignificant inconveniences no longer feel like catastrophes. Self esteem is slowly coming back. Sleeping better. No longer crying everyday. Can keep up and be present in conversation. Also, I did not experience any of the common side effects. The only thing that I experienced for a few weeks was very mild aphasia (forgetting words), but I'd take that over being depressed any day!"

Sadie12 February 6, 2019

For Depression: "I have been on this medication since October. I started on 75 mg and got upped to 150 about a month ago. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE CRAZY MOODS/ANXIETY FOR THE FIRST 2-3 WEEKS. I had awful breakdowns, word confusion and mood swings for the first 2-3 weeks, but since then I have felt better and more myself than I have since elementary school. I used to be an extremely angry and moody person. This medication has helped me calm down tremendously. I'm still a grumpy person but can control myself."

nope (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I took Wellbutrin XL/Bupropion for about one year. I honestly don't know that it helped with my depression. It certainly didn't help with my anxiety. It caused my heart palpitations to increase, and I just felt like my heart pounded all the time. Which obviously doesn't help with anxiety. I took Celexa with it, and I didn't notice a change in my GAD or depression with that, either. The positive with Wellbutrin is that it does not cause sexual dysfunction. I did not gain any weight while on it, either. It just didn't work for me."

Sunydys33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "After 25+yrs of being misdiagnosed, told I am bipolar 1 and started Bupropion 150mg 1xday and Doxepin for sleep. Has lifted me out of a deep debilitating depression so far but won’t go higher since a higher dose triggered my manic episodes. Refuse to take lamictal or lithium etc. because side effects like weight gain, liver damage etc scare me really bad. Haven’t had any noticeable side effects but know 150mg is low dose. What works for one person, doesn’t for another."

ManicPanicDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2019

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on this for a couple of months now. At first, my heart rate was sky high no matter what and I shook a lot. So my heart rate is still high, but not as high. And I still shake, but not as much. It did help me quit smoking and lose weight. I am not sure what the side effects would be of Aplenzin, but I might try that. Keep in mind, I'm on the highest dose with a mood stabilizer, Abilify, and Buspar."

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2019

For Depression: "I started Bupropion (Zyban here in the UK) around Summer in 2018 after coming off Escitalopram (Citalopram) for treatment of depression. Although I was doing OK my doc said I could be doing better. Initially, it boosted my confidence and made me more spontaneous with my decision making which was great! 2-3 months later, my head became foggy and started getting acne on my face and back. I assumed it was something else as any side effects would have showed up earlier on. As soon as I was bumped up to 300mg I felt crawling from my head to my chest even though I was taking an anti-histamine and even days later after discontinuing the drug itchy spots still began to appear on my back. (Please note, I cut out caffeine and health supplements from my diet months before I was bumped up so there was nothing else to blame apart from my meds). Since discontinuing the drug and my skin already looks healthier even though I only stopped 3 days ago."

Holy Balony January 26, 2019

Aplenzin (bupropion) for Depression: "My psychiatrist gave me some samples to try. Days one and two were not bad I started feeling kind of dizzy and almost like I was in a bubble on day three. Day four was horrible I was very dizzy my joints started aching so badly I could hardly walk down stairs. I was so unbelievably cranky and mean, it was horrible! By 6 PM that night my face was bright red and I felt like I was drunk! I didn’t take one this morning and I’ve been having stomach cramps and diarrhea since this afternoon, hopefully it doesn’t take too long for this to get out of my system!"

Leocap (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Was only mildly effective for depression until I combined it with Lamictal. I give it an 8 though, because it has very little side effects. If used for acute depression (caused by real life events or stress), it’s the only antidepressant that you can take without side effects. I tried 3 others. Two made me unable to ejaculate during sex and one intensified mania. It does not make you tired either. Don’t expect miracles, but do generally expect no side effects other than possible anxiety (which is on par or less than anxiety caused by caffeine)."

JBreezy1 January 25, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "Wow. What an amazing drug. I have been on cymbalta for about 5 years, it was a life saver after a really bad period but began to lose its effectiveness. My doctor added wellbutrin 200mg and I feel like my old self again. Lots of energy, no feeling like the day is to hard to attack. No more feelings about giving up. No need for my daily nap. Wish I would have tried it 20 years ago could have saved a lot of needless pain. I am 40 now and have only been treated for depression for the last 5 years. If anyone out there feels sad all the time for no reason go to your doctor, it doesn't have to be that way. Anyway loving wellbutrin."

sad panda no more (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "I took Zyban to help quit smoking after several other attempts including cold turkey and laser treatment. It took me 9 days to quit completely, I gave into the cravings the first week but by day 9 I wasn't craving at all. I couldn't have any alcohol at first while I was adjusting but also didn't really want any (I usually love my beer). I was able to have a social drink after about 2 weeks. I thought it would be hard as smoking is usually associated with drinking but to be honest, it wasn't and I smoked for 20 years! I also didn't really want to quit, I love smoking and the social aspect that comes with it but I guess enough was enough. it certainly helped the pocket book!"

bello (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I’ve been on this medication for about a month now and I got really lucky with my side effects. No nausea when I started (I always took it with food) I did feel a slight pressure in my head the first two weeks but that subsided. My depression has only improved a little bit which I’m hoping over more time that’ll improve. I still have a lack of energy and some trouble getting out of bed which is a downfall. The biggest downfall of this medication is the NIGHTMARES. I’ve never been a person who had nightmares often before this, and now I suffer from sleep paralysis and very vivid nightmares almost every night which is scary. On top of that, I can only sleep for maybe 5 hours before I naturally wake up but I’m still tired."

Sabrinnaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I have been on other meds for depression, but Wellbutrin has been the best medicine the doctor could have put me on. This med has changed my life from night to day. I did not have the side effects with this one like I did with the others. I can not praise this med enough. Before being put on Wellbutrin I cried all the time, could not get my appartment dark enough and I just wanted to be alone all the time. I can't thank my doctor enough for putting me on Wellbutrin. I have also lost some weight and my sugar cravings are gone. Love Wellbutrin."

Didi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "This drug is amazing. It has lifted my depression and I have endless energy. The side affects are even better- weight loss and increased libido. It is the only antidepressant I've tried that has good side affects"

Sd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

Budeprion XL (bupropion) for : "Only on day 4 and I don’t like the feeling. I am light headed, dizzy and very nauseous. I get a bit agitated because of the symptoms, so I hope it’s very temporary. I am hopeful and will give it the 2 weeks the Dr suggested. I am in 150 mg a day. For years I have had anxiety that just keeps getting worse, and minor depression issues, and some anger issues. I Hope this is the right drug and dose because so far I don’t feel great and I hope to feel better soon."

Toomuch (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I started taking generic Bupropion XL 150 my once a day 8 days ago. The anxiety and depression I was feeling were paralyzing me from moving in any direction. I tried every natural option I could research. On day 1 I felt different, motivated and better immediately. In the days following side effects started. Heart palpitations, anxiety, afraid of everything, nightmares, a rash on my neck, eye twitching, staring into space thoughtless unable to make decisions, fear of leaving the house. Day 8 and I’m feeling much more at peace. I’m more focused on myself than issues I have with others. No insomnia and feeling less tolerant of binge drinking to calm down. I want to exercise, clean my house, set goals, eat clean foods and I feel everything is going to be ok. My self confidence is improved and orgasms unaffected. I am hopeful that Wellbutrin was exactly what I needed to be the healthy person I need to be no matter what happens in my life. I just needed a boost and reset."

Tessa January 14, 2019

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve probably taken placebo pills that have worked better than Wellbutrin. It does absolutely nothing, and it makes me appreciate the prescription drugs I have taken before that I didn’t think were doing their job. I still have really dark thoughts from time to time and my depression has been ghastly lately. Hands down the least effective antidepressant I have ever taken."

Otsutsuki (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2019

For Anxiety: "This medicine has helped me so much. I'm just wondering if it is causing me to dream. I've never dreamt before, or if I did, didn't remember any of them. I don't like the dreaming at all."

Dream Girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "At first I got a little heart palpitation from this medicine, at 300mg. However, after a month of that I feel great and it curbs the side effects of Lithium Carbonate, which I am also taking and which makes me gain weight. I am down to a healthy weight after gaining almost 15 lbs. on Lithium alone. I also don't feel suicidal, so that's another plus."

choochootrain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Anxiety: "I am a female in my thirties and have switched to bupropion from lexapro I am on the XL version. Overall I feel like this medicine is a better choice for me. The lexapro never fully got rid of my anxiety and this one has. I also gained close to 20 pounds on lexapro. Now I will say take with caution of how it will affect you. The first week I was extremely dizzy every single day. I couldn’t turn corners or even my head without the constant wave of dizziness. I thought several times of quitting it but I told myself I would give it two weeks and see. The second week I still had dizziness but not near as bad. And now it’s been a little over a month and if I see the dizziness it’s rare. So for overall anxiety it has helped me, hopefully it will continue to be a positive for me. I also was on Xanax for several years before starting either one of these medications and wanted to get off of due to it becoming more dependent!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I have had depression and anxiety for about 5 years. I was taking Zoloft for most of those and I felt like it kept me stabilized. I have gained about 50 pounds in the last 5 years. I started thinking about it and it all started around the time I started taking medication so I thought maybe this whole time that was the reason. Someone recommended this medicine for weight-loss so I told my doctor and we decided to give it a try. For 4 weeks I was on 150 mg. I felt miserable, angry, always fighting with my family, more depressed then ever, hopeless, etc. I told my doctor and she suggested upping the dose for another 4-6 weeks to see if that improves everything. I've been taking the higher dose for about 3 weeks. I've been balling my eyes out. I can't even go into my house without feeling an overwhelming wave of depression hit me. I feel like I can't spend a minute alone. I feel angry all the time. I think this medicine has pretty much been bad for me and will be talking to the Doctor again."

Jes (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking bupropion 150 mg for a couple months now . I take it for depression and found that it definitely helps ! It does take a couple weeks to actually notice the difference , you're not going to notice a difference after taking it for a couple days so you definitely have to give it a chance. I occasionally still do get depressed but not to the extend that it was which is a huge improvement for me . I find I enjoy life more and am more productive . Again I don't think this medication is a cure for anything , it's not going to magically change your life but it certainly helps as far as depression goes ! Also as a recommendation if plan to have a night out and your going to drink a lot skip the dose that day. That's what my doctor recommended. I have done this a couple of times and it's worked for me and hasn't affected me negatively but everyone's different so you want to be cautious when drinking a lot."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019