User Reviews for Bupropion systemic

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Persistent Depressive Disorder
6.3

Summary of Bupropion reviews 7.4 1,653 reviews

Reviews for Bupropion

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for : "On Wellbutrin XL for more than a month for ADD. Taking Escitalopram for anxiety for many years now and it does very well. For the attention deficit I used to use Ritalin, Vyvance, Focalin, Concerta… which all on lowering levels after few hours causing headaches, nervousness, impatience and general bad feeling. Using Wellbutrin XL, start 150mg for 4 days and raised to 300mg. Effectiveness is amazing. I can concentrate on my work all day long, no side effect and no feeling of the medicine levels lowering in the body. General feeling is much better, more tolerance toward other people and things that happen to you during the day. Side effects occurred only at the first days and disappear after. On the first days I felt slight upper stomach pain and hard stool, which drinking lots of water and taking the medicine with food made it better. After a few days this side effects disappeared. Trouble falling asleep disappeared after a few days. Now I’m on 300mg- like it very much."

No Name (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for Depression: " I feel the same way as someone else on here - super irritated and angry . Have ruminations of the past. I'm stopping it today. I have a mood disorder and this makes it bad. Plus I feel weepy too. I can deal with the depression until I find a better med."

Jo November 8, 2018

For Depression: "This medicine killed my sex drive and caused ED! I've always had a high sex drive and I've never had any performance issues.. I took this and by day 3, I woke up and it was gone. I continued taking it for 2 more days hoping this was coincidental but it wasn't so I stopped. Now I've been off it 5 days and I've seen no positive change yet.. I'm so worried that it's ruined me."

JakeGuy (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I take lexapro 40mg with 300mg Wellbutrin . I feel way too good . When you take the lexapro by itself I’m blah and reserved but then with the bupropion my brain great"

Joedajew (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2018

Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) for : "I'm a teenage girl living with depression, anxiety and sensory processing disorder. Previous to wellbutrin, I was taking abilify for close to 5 years. I gained over 120 pounds on abilify within that time, and kept growing until I switched to wellbutrin. One thing I found detrimental was that even though abilify made me happy, I still had trouble with SPD (Sensory processing disorder) , anxiety and weight gain, which was in it's own way, making me worse mentally. So far it's been about a month and I've lost almost 10 kilos. 2 in the first week! I don't have the obsessive eating I had with abilify, nor do most of my SPD triggers bother me as much anymore. It's amazing. I wish I knew about it sooner."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

For Depression: "After taking 300mg with success for about a year my low levels depression returned. My dose was increased by 150 and I felt better within 24 hours. I'm not sure that is possible? I have more energy, I can focus and I have seen my depression reduce significantly. I do have some tics but totally worth it! Is it possible to feel it right away?"

Better (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2018

For ADHD: "I can not recommend this medication. While some may have found improvement while using it, all I have experienced is crippling migraines whenever I do the most simple of mental tasks. Even sometimes when not thinking at all. Headaches plague me daily ever since starting this drug, and only get worse when trying to use my brain. This is very counterproductive for someone with ADD. I was prescribed this to help focus, and all it has done is make me exponentially more irritable and bring me intense head and eye pain when trying to study or read anything. Lesser symptoms include some annoying random nausea, gas, bloating, and a total halting of my regular menstrual cycle. (Already checked, no I'm not pregnant. I sure thought I was though.) Bupropion sort of made me feel like I had a small improvement to my overall outlook on life, but I'm thinking this had more to do with my brand new employment shortly after starting the medication, not the drug."

Mariah (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I gained 77 pounds, lost my sex drive and self esteem. I went from 115 lbs to 192lbs. Im 5'4" . I'd already had 3 kids. Exercise (walking, yoga) didn't help at all to relieve anything.. I talked about these issues with several doctors, 2 general practitioners and 2 psychiatrists. The first three doctors found no problems except that I was OBESE and told me it was just my metabolism slowing with age. I had my thyroid tested by a gp and it was fine. No diabetes or hypertension yet. The last doctor (shrink) I spoke immediately had me taper off the wellbutrin XR which did not take more than 2 weeks. I lost about 25 pounds the first month and 5 months later another 20 pounds lost. My self esteem is improving and my sex drive returned. I know they say wellbutrin causes weight loss and has little sexual side effects but not for me for me, this medicine nearly ruined my life, physically and psychologically and sadly it contributed to the end of my marriage."

leopardeyes (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2018

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I have been taking Celexa for a while to treat depression and while helpful, it had made me very numb and I was still feeling occasional episodes of mild depression. My provider added Wellbutrin, and what a difference! Wellbutrin gave me a boost of mental energy and feelings of well being that I had never felt before. I am currently doing very well with the combination of Celexa and Wellbutrin. I feel better than I ever have in my life. I've been on this fantastic combination for a year. Highly recommend."

thankful (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 21, 2018

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I’ve been on Wellbutrin for a little over a year, and honestly it’s been life-changing. I’ve been able to go farther in my weekly talk therapy and get to issues that were blocked in the past because of depression and anxiety. I’ve gone further in my career and found a lot of daily comfort from feeling generally better and able to get through depressed times. I think I finally see an end point to therapy (it’s been nine years). I lost a few pounds and initially had a burst of sexual energy that has sadly dissipated. Now I’m back to normal sex drive, which is so much better than an ill-fated Lexapro trial years ago that prevented me from trying other antidepressants for years. I’m so very glad and grateful I found bupropion."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "Initially prescribed for smoking cessation 300mg. Worked really, really well. Then I had a pleasant side effect in which I lost 40 pounds. Really decreased my appetite. Then to my dismay, the weight returned. Fell into deep depression. Tried so hard to get back to the no appetite stage to no avail."

Kim (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "From someone who has had experience with this drug for the better half of two years, I would say be cautious taking this if anxiety is an issue for you. I suffer with social and generalized anxiety and found this drug to worsen my anxiety majorly, and also gave me random anger fits. I took this without an SSRI added and then with an SSRI added (which helped my anxiety some), but still felt debilitated by the anxiety. I woke up almost daily in a state of panic, dread, and could barely hold any conversation. Depression wise, it helped to an extent, but I'm having better luck with just being on an SSRI right now. Please talk to your doctor about your concerns regarding your self, because everyone is different. Overall, I'm glad to be off this drug and my anxiety is much better and I'm not angry all the time anymore."

Hope24 October 15, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Take this drug with a mood stabilizer. Great for motivation!"

goldenfish1978 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am bipolar 2 and my symptoms are almost exclusively depressive. SSRIs ruined my life, as it induced rapid cycling. For bupropion 300mgXL. Game changer! I'm motivated, can concentrate, have lost weight and haven't cycled anymore. Totally recommend it. Just don't expect it to care for your anxiety. 100/10!"

kindle68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2018

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I had an odd situation where I was not really depressed with sadness but I just felt nothing. I never got angry, never got happy- never wanted to do anything besides lay in bed. I tried to fake it as much as possible but I couldn’t anymore. I stopped answering my phone, lost all interest and motivation. I had taken all the antidepressants on the market but they made me feel crazy. My hands shook and I felt out of my body. I started researching the symptoms of low dopamine and I had almost all of the symptoms- poor memory, poor concentration, excessive worrying, lack of motivation- and overall just not giving a $#|+ about anything. I asked my doctor for Wellbutrin. In a couple of days I was calling old friends, kicking butt at work, and motivated for life again. My problem all along was dopamine not serotonin. I am thankful I figured it out. DON'T GIVE UP. Read about brain chemicals- dopamine, serotonin, and, norephenephrine- and make the choice based on research."

Kai2277 October 10, 2018

Zyban (bupropion) for Smoking Cessation: "Tried expensive Chantix first. Bizarre dreams and did really scary things in my sleep. Really a Psychotic's Drug ! Made me completely psychotic and angry. Then tried Zyban and read the interesting comments. Only needed the lower doses. I was on drug for 2.5 months. Able to gracefully quit 1-1/2 pack a day habit by Nov 2006. No angry responses. Not afraid to sleep. Even lost a few pounds. Have stayed off the butts since 2006. Good drug for smoking cessation--bad anti-depressant. Cheap. Generic available."

Nebraskan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) for Depression: "I've been on and off of various antidepressants and although the SSRIs helped when my little brother passed, the side effects were dreadful but I also no longer wanted to move - slept all day and every day with no sex drive. Hello Wellbutrin! Honestly, it changed my life. I have so much energy, sex drive back, and lost 10 lbs. The only downside is I don't always sleep well - but not in a groggy tired sort of way - seem to just wake up in middle of night and feel like I could go to the gym or something, but I will work my way through this due to all the positive things that have changed,"

GolferGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For ADHD: "Weight loss"

Hmk80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "You know, it's interesting to get on a medication like Bupropion and suddenly (literally within two days) start to notice an internal change in the way you think, feel, and behave which in turn makes you realize how seriously sick you were for most of your life."

Bob October 4, 2018

For Depression: "Was very depressed from having a stroke. No energy, no hope for anything. This has given me a new life. I have so much energy and the sex drive is back and forgot I had a stroke. I feel wonderful. Just give it a couple of weeks to work. Works wonders"

Chris (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "I am taking this to quit smoking, not a big smoker 10 or less a day, I asked my DR for help to quit and she gave me this, after reading some very negative side effects I was scared to take it but I really want to quit, on day 4 and I have noticed that I have no cravings to smoke just the habit part so that will be the only issue for me, the habit, I have had no other side effects so far"

harper (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "I have been a smoker for 20 years, and I have tried to quit many times, tried cutting down then cold turkey, tried the patch but it didn’t go well with my skin, I started taking Wellbutrin last Monday. Was told to smoke the first week, after 3 days, it tasted so gross that I went from smoking a pack a day to maybe 5 or 6 a day. I finally stopped smoking on day 8 of the meds and it honestly works so well. I never thought I could quit and it honestly has been a lot easier than I thought, especially when I went through hell trying to quit other times. I do get side effects I’m not crazy about. I find myself with less energy , ( which I heard should increase it) dizzy daily, and a complete scatter brain, but all well worth it in my eyes. You still get cravings, but not nearly as bad. And you have to be dedicated to quit as well, this pill helps but doesn’t do it for you. If I can do it, believe me YOU CAN! Good luck"

Meesh (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have never commented on a website like this but I must say - if you have anxiety DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I took it for 2 weeks (today was my last day) and every single day has gotten progressively worse. Besides the nausea and dry mouth, I couldn’t get out of bed for 3 days because I convinced myself that I had no friends and everyone hated me. Panic attacks every day starting first thing in the morning. My anxiety has never been worse. I’m starting on Effexor tomorrow so I hope I have a better experience with that."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started off on 75mg SR twice a day, and I really didn’t notice any difference in before taking it, to after, besides being irritable when I forgot to take it. I asked my doctor to switch me to the XL because I kept forgetting to take my second dose, this was a mistake. I took 150mg XL once a day for about 2 wks then started having panic attacks. First couple days they were only once at night and went away by the morning. After that it was like something in me switched and I was having panic attacks constantly all day long. I ended up going to the ER where they gave me Ativan to calm me down and I could finally sleep. Since then I have stopped taking bupropion, it’s been about 6 days. My elevated anxiety has not decreased, but I am no longer having any attacks. I plan on asking to be put on Lexapro since it’s what my sister’s on and it works well for her. I was originally put on this drug for ADHD, which I didn’t notice a difference in. If you are prone to anxiety STAY AWAY."

Kendall93 September 26, 2018

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: "I was prescribed 50mg Wellbutrin to take 1/day for my adhd symptoms and depression. I had read good things about this drug so I was excited to try it and I was hopeful about it being able to work for me. The first two days I took it, I felt better- more energy, happier outlook on life! But after the third day, I felt like I wasn't taking any pill at all. No noticeable positive effects and only negative side effects, like dry mouth, headaches, and sore throat. A week later I decided to ask my doctor to up my dosage to the XL 150mg. What a mistake! I started having paradoxal effects from it. I was CONSTANTLY exhausted, no motivation to do anything, and I became so irritable and angry that I would start the day already in a bad mood and small things would set me off. It made me feel unbearably depressed, which I had not done that in many years. I can see how this may be a miracle drug for some, but definitely be wary of how it affects you. Still looking for mine. :("

Thomasin September 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...