User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Bupropion Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Bupropion to treat ADHD

"I have always had such a hard time learning and was diagnosed with depression by the age of 8. After trying many antidepessants nothing worked for me besides Bupropion. Not only am I confident and happy again, I'm able to actually understand information that I am learning unstead of it going in and out as I focus. It has helped me achieve time and time again my goals. I recently graduated from college and am so impressed where I stand today. I have taken 300mg mg with another ADH medication. Once my doctor took me off of it due to unrelated problems and everything in my life fell through the.floor. My grade went from a B down to a D. My personality went from happy to bitchy. Once I started taking it again, everything is went back to normal."

Confidents August 25, 2016

"If only I had this as a teenager and young adult. No telling where I might be by now. At 50, this has changed so much for me. I'm focused, I've begun organizing and cleaning my home. I'm taking care of myself more. I have a more positive attitude and less anger. There's still a long way to go, but this could change my later years for the better."

T Roy (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

"Bupropion, the generic version, makes me feel more on top of things. I do feel the medicine kick in after about an hour and I get a bit "high" if you will. It's a feeling of motivation to go do things and be productive. The first time I was on Wellbutrin (one month), it only lasted about 2 hours (at least what I could feel) and ended up not caring about anything for the rest of the day. Then recently I started Wellbutrin XL 150MG and it lasts much longer. I made the mistake of taking it at night, when I should have taken in the morning. Bad insomnia because of it, but I learned my lesson. I'd say it is the only antidepressant that has worked on both depression and ADHD by helping me concentrate, remember, stay on track, and also motivation."

Jelly94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

"Went off Vyvanse onto this and found that after about 7 weeks at 300mg that I had considerable energy boost and overall more steady feeling. However, I still feel no calming or focus benefits for me and my Dr has now prescribed Guacamoliefein or somethingto try and make me less hyper active and impulsive. I just think I need a race car or a figher jet to boast my noreadrenaline levels as the Wellbutrin just seems to act on my dopamine levels. I truly believe this could be the right meds for folks with more inattentive type symptoms or folks with ADD and type B personalities like my Dad and brother. I'm type A and this Wellbutrin just doesn't bring the calm focus the Vyvanse brought me."

Braindeadn't July 31, 2016

"My Dr. prescribed me Wellbutrin XL 2 months ago for depression and ADHD. It has truly helped with both. I began planning and cooking meals, exercising, and I have more motivation and I focus much better. However, I had to quit drinking coffee because the drug makes me feel anxious. I describe it as irrational/unreasonable. For example, one day I was in Wal-Mart with my toddlers and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I think I'm going to give this drug another month and if the anxiety persists, I may ask to try something else."

27 year old woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

"This lasts all day; I'm a fast drug metabolizer, so I take 150mg in the am and 150mg in the pm. There isn't a come down, like from stimulants. It helped my thoughts to come back to a normal pace and stay on-topic. Helped energy levels. Didn't help my ability to pay attention to details. Still spaced out when people were talking to me. BUT it helped me be more present and actually remember to do things. No more losing my keys/phone/shoes/mind every day, or struggling to do simple tasks. Added Adderral for the spaciness. Note that it may counteract/mute the effect of most stims, so your doctor may suggest you adjust your dosage. Because of they way they interact, it actually makes my adderral last longer, and there's zero crash from it."

kendalh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 28, 2016

"It did not help with my focus at all. frequent urination, hot flushes, more energy but did nothing for my ADD."

china egg (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2016

"I hve major depression and anxiety issues and was recently diagnosed with ADHD. SSRIs make me sick and but I found that taking trileptal (which is an NSRI) completely knocked out my anxiety but didn't touch my depression or my ADHD symptoms . I was terrified of taking the stronger psychiatric medications. But then my doc added Wellbutrin. It had a fast and profound and effect on my ADHD symptoms first. My thoughts were calmer and not so all over the place and my thought felt sharper, my focused. My energy level is up too. It took a little while for it to touch the depression, that was more of a slow burn but now the lethargy and hopelessness is gone. Trileptal and Wellbutrin are non traditional meds for anxiety/depression/ADHD but this my"

Sassy. Spann May 22, 2016

"This medicine has changed my life. Typical antidepressants (SSRI's) never worked for me, and if they did the effects wore off after a month or so. I've had mild symptoms of borderline personality disorder and moderate symptoms of ADHD, and after three months of taking it, I can't imagine being off of it. I can control my emotions, concentrate, and FINALLY FEEL JOY, for the first time in my life. My PMS symptoms are also way less intense. I did have mild anxiety in the first week and a bit of nausea for 3 weeks, but the side effects went away after a month or so. My mom tried it for her ADHD, but it didn't work for her, and it doesn't work for everyone. But if you know you have a severe dopamine deficiency (like I did), this medication is definitely worth a shot!"

Kaylee S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

"I've only been on it for 4 days but I refused to go back on Adderall. I require 2 30mg Adderall tablets a day and experience audio hallucinations after taking it for about 18 months. I have been off Adderall for 15 months. I told my Dr. I refuse to be back on it. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder. All of my mental health care is very well-documented from the time I was 14 years old. I am now 32 and at a place in my life where I do not want to take any stimulants to help me Focus. I do take lorazepam but I'm down to 15/ 2 milligram tablets a month from 60. I seem to have energy and increased concentration with Wellbutrin. Adderall keeps me more focused but it's not worth the side effects. I also take 1/3mg of Lunesta to sleep."

Monofletch (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"Started out at 150 mg xl, and just upped my dosage to 300 mg xl. This medication has worked wonders for me. It definitely helps with attention span, and impulse control, without making me feel on edge like some stimulants did. I am very productive at work, and I find it easier to stay on task. Overall happiness & motivation has increased immensely. Best medication I've been prescribed so far."

Great Medication April 4, 2016

"I've been on 200mg bupropion (regular release, not SR/XR) total for over 5 years along with an SSRI. I have depression and ADD. The bupropion helps the focus, though it can make me feel impatient and irritable when it "peaks". I like it because it helps the depression, ADHD and restless legs and helps offset the negative effect of SSRIs on libido. It does make intrusive images/thoughts worse. I will have sudden mental images of violence (for instance, suddenly getting slammed into by another car while driving) but I'm used to my brain being a pest so I let it roll off me. Helps with motivation and planning and organization. Can cause dry mouth and slight ringing in the ears."

Mizzerella (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2016

"Started wellbutrin 150 XL once a day last year. Went up to 300 XL once a day. I felt very hyper, so went back go 150. Six months later tried above again. This time feel great. Very calm. Wonder why that is?"

SandySeba February 6, 2016

"Well I'm halfway through week 2 and I am absolutely loving my life right now. I lost my job in October and my wife in the same month. I was severely depressed and experienced major anxiety as well. Today (1 week and 3 days in) I'm laughing, being funny feeling awesome. I also used to abuse alcohol. I started to drink to slow the thoughts that raced in my head down. Since being on this the focus is totally apparent. The motivation is apparent, the memory is a little off, but remember I haven't reached full efficacy. That should be 4-5 weeks max. Had some trembling in my hands heart palpation a bit nothing you can't get through. Smoking and drinking have both gone down "

Jp1003 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

"It takes the edge off my ADD without making me feel drugged. It also takes a few days to notice it's effect when you start taking it. Also, it keeps working a few days after you stop taking it."

T. W. February 1, 2016

"Almost 30 and this is the first time I sought help for ADD. It has truly been a scourge in my life. Been on bupropion over 3 weeks. 300 mg per day. I don't have depression and am taking this for ADD. Nothing has changed for me other than urinating more."

DreamKing805 January 29, 2016

"I am 43 years old & was diagnosed with ADD at age 24. I have taken a variety of drugs to treat the ADD, but with no success. Started taking Wellbutrin 300mg 5 years ago & will take it till the day I die. Life changing. More focussed, clear headed, juggling less thoughts simultaniously, less stressed, no more mood swings, feel I have more control over my life, etc. When I started taking it, I had terrible side-effects, insomnia being the worst. But I stuck it out & only at 6 weeks felt the difference. Will highly recommend for ADD!"

Ilze, South Africa January 28, 2016

"started on Wellbutrin XL 150 ER once a day for a week before being bumped to 300mg. Day 1: felt like I was walking in a dream state, also felt like my soultimate was being pulled through the front of my body by a magnet. Strange but kinda cool. Day 2: woke up after 6 hours refreshed with energy. first time in over 7 months this happened, and has continued to happen every day. Much more focused mentally, much calmer. Day 3-7: same as day 2. Day 8: Bumped to 300mgs, felt supercharged, back to the dreamlike state, no magnet pulling at my should this time, extremely focused, libido through the roof which was nice surprise too, appetite suppressed a bit, I'm a bodybuilder so that's not good for me but can eat as much with a bit of effort."

TommyMacIrish (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

"Great for me. Increase my attention and help decrease my sleeping mood during a day."

Sherrii12 November 6, 2015

"Diagnosed with ADHD at age 21 I was unable to take the typical agents used to treat ADHD namely stimulants. Wellbutrin XL has been a godsend for me to help a battle some of the ADHD symptoms without the nasty side effects in come down blouse of stimulants."

Uback007 October 22, 2015

"My doctor switched me from celexa to Wellbutrin for my anxiety but I also experience not being able to focus so much while I'm at school. I'm hoping this medication helps me overall. I'm waiting for my shipment to come in. Reading that it's helped a lot of you guys on here makes me feel much better about taking it, I was a little nervous."

starlime October 2, 2015

"I got diagnosed with ADHD very early in life. They had me an Adderall. I stopped taking It around age 18. Now that I'm 21 and the ADHD is still prevalent I went to get help. They started me on Welbutrin to hell curb the depression and maybe help with the ADHD. I think my depression is cause by the ADHD. Not depression is cause ADHD. The welbutrin hasn't done to much for the ADHD side, but has helped with mood. I'd give a higher rating if this was depression."

Cammyjay September 30, 2015

"I like this medicine very much . It's a smoother form of adderal but not as habit forming . I can eat and sleep . I can concentrate better and enjoy life . It really helps me with my depression ."

headknocker September 5, 2015

"This medicine has literally helped so much, I take it with my Adderall but on occasions I'm out of Adderall this is where this medicine is awesome it helps withdrawals, my mood energy I think it's one of the best medicine is out there"

gets me back on my feet (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2015

"It gave me my life back. No more bouts of depression and I have my socaial life back! I have ADD symptoms and this helps me focus a great deal. I wish I knew about this years ago.I would never go off it now."

Annor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2015