User Reviews for Prozac

7.1

Postpartum Depression

Summary of Prozac reviews 7.4 738 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

For Bulimia "I've had bulimia for at least 10 years; I'm 53 and don't want to be doing this when I'm 70! So I started on 20mg prozac, which did nothing and have upped it to 80mg which seems like the 'sweet spot' for me- no self-harm thoughts, no bingeing or purging-it has literally saved my life. This is the dose that is required for eating disorders or OCD, the lower doses are antidepressant dose! Such a relief not to be thinking about food 24/7!If you want to get better, this is the way to go."

jadesgreen (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on 20 mg of prozac for about 3 months now. It has really worked for me. I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and overall feel more functional. I was very anti-psychiatric drugs before taking them myself but it has really worked in a way that nothing else has. I took 5-HTP, GABA and tryptophan before the prozac and these all helped a lot, but I still felt extremely depressed around my menstrual cycle. Prozac has stopped that. Side effects are that I get hot more easily, sometimes have nausea and trouble staying asleep through the whole night but they are completely worth it to me."

Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started to get terrible panic attacks at night about 5 months ago. It was very scary and heartbreaking. I am a mother or 3 boys and I was losing my mind. I am on a low dose of ativan but it wasn't keeping the panic away and I started to have episodes during day. I can handle my anxiety and depression but I cannot handle panic attacks. Worst thing ever. So I decided to try Prozac. 10 mg was making me sick and was too strong. I felt funny. So now I cut it in half and put the powder in a full glass of water every morning. So I am in 5 mgs daily and ativan when needed. I haven't had a panic attack since. If the blue pill gives you heartburn.......try cutting it open and putting the medicine in water. When I started doing that my heartburn went away. I feel so much better and I don't feel drugged up or strange. I still have issues but I don't panic from the stress any more."

Blizzy (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Prozac for 24 years, and up until the last four years, it worked fine. At that point, my family underwent long term drastic changes. Needless to say, my depression returned, but this time with an unwanted companion: anxiety. I upped my dosage from 20 to 30 mg but it didn’t help at all. So I turned to Lexapro. Most importantly, lexapro addressed to anxiety, which Prozac really didn’t do. I have my life back. I don’t dread going to work every day. I am calmer and have a much healthier perspective. Light has entered my life once again."

Jtann November 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "My GP switched me from Lexapro 10mg to Prozac 20mg as I was trying to get pregnant & this has studies done around pregnancy etc. anyway I found this medication made me hyper, manic & over energized. I had racing thoughts, couldn’t settle, my panic attacks were back as bad as ever and I was starting to dread public situations like shopping, having lunch in work etc. I knew in my head it was med so I tried it for 9 weeks. I felt awful for the 9 weeks, manic and hyper & adrenaline pumping constantly. It was a horrible drug for me. It didn’t suit me so I switched back to Lexapro. Side effects coming off it weren’t easy even though it has a long half-life. I struggled on this in general. I’m sure it just didn’t suit my chemistry whereas I know it works for so many!"

Koko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I thought I was trapped that way forever. I tried EVERYTHING. 20mg and the book DARE saved my life. It took 6 weeks and got worse before it got better. Please know that you will recover and you aren’t alone."

Guest (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Absolutely love this medication, I suffered from postpartum OCD and it was so incredibly miserable. I had to be hospitalized to due my major depression and anxiety on top of the bad thoughts. Once I was put on this medication I noticed a HUGE change within the first few weeks or so. It takes some time to work but it's so worth it. I highly recommend. This medication saved my life."

Melmel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Depression "Look, this drug has worked amazing for me. I finally saw clarity in a long time. It really helped with my mood and I felt happy again. It’s a shame to say that its completely killed my sex drive and it has persisted even after months stopping it. I hate admitting that but it has been a bad side effect. I don’t recommend this and I’ve never had that problem before. My family members had the same problem on this drug so I guess it made me susceptible. I’m hoping to god this will change for me to not continue as a problem and I guess I’ve realized I have to accept and let it go if it is. Good luck guys"

sam15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac worked well for me but only for about the first four months. I tried increasing my dose but that to be ineffective. I don’t believe it to be a drug that should be used long term. In my circumstance I found I hit threshold where the medication was working against me. In hindsight I believe I had hit the point where I was “cured” and likely should have listened to my body and stopped taking the meds sooner."

Mands23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I couldn’t function at all in my daily life and triggers where pretty much anything which is suppose to be enjoyed in life , and would cause further pain in my stomach. I lived in sheer hell for two years until I finally saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me fluoxetine. I didn’t cry there after and within a week or so I noticed a difference in how I felt. It appears to have put the thoughts more into the background resulting in much less intense stomach anxiety. I had some bouts of diarrhoea, dry mouth, headaches and vivid dreams/nightmares which lasted 2/3 weeks. Still get the odd headache but could be because not drinking enough water. I feel more positive, more optimistic about the future, more able to think logically and deal with my issues better. It’s like everything has been toned down somewhat, and best of all the pain in my stomach has settled down a lot. So far so good. Started on 20mg remain on 20mg for time being."

James September 25, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Currently on lovan/prozac 40mg per day, after trying effexor, cymbalta, then zoloft. Took 20mg per day for about 1 month & as I had few side effects but felt it wasn't really helping with my depression, my dose was up to 40mg per day. Now I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm unbelievably unmotivated, I don't want to leave the house, in fact I don't really want to do anything except sleep. I'm not crying all the time, like I was but I don't seem to be able too, so I'm not sure that's such a positive. I feel kind of numb I guess. Not sure it's the right antidepressant for me......after trying several without any real relief, I'm not sure what is & would just like a break from the depression. I've dealt with it for so long & I need some motivation to actually live life.....back to the drawing board I guess"

Starstar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I just started Prozac yesterday as I am weaning off of Effexor (which I have been on for 4 years and although it helped with anxiety in the beginning, I had severe mood swings and a multitude of horrible side effects) Today I feel alive not just like someone going through my normal day. So far so good."

Fitness Fanatic (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My Dad was 'special ops' Korean War. I was Training at 6 years old, I was a Marksman, a Black belt at 8, and by 24 years old I was a deep cover operative. SAP/ SCI missions. Night terrors /PSTD episodes were 'every day/evening' most of my life. Now at 63, my kids have degree's and are 'engaged the world'. I trained them. My son has ADHD/on Adderall, my daughter is fine. Hiding my past, I lived 2 lives. Severe increase in night terrors, rages, screaming. Lately as we have moved from Hawaii, wife found old paper about my past, scared her ass, she grabbed $, a bag and flew back to London. 'Dear John' text 4 days later. I am using Xanax, Zoloft, and Adderall for my 'Suicidal thoughts'. My family are 'scared to death of me'. I am hollow, but looking to move on. Trying Prozac for the 1st time, hope it has the desired effect. What better test subject?"

Capt. Rick (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking Prozac 3 months ago for anxiety. I started with 2.5 mg for two weeks, then 5 mg for two weeks, then 10 mg for two weeks, then finally my dose of 20 mg. I think this really helped mitigate possible side effects. I haven’t experienced any insomnia or weight gain, or any of the other side effects I read about before starting this medication. Prozac has worked wonders for me and it’s honestly like my happy pill. It has ridden me of the intrusive, anxious thought patterns and panic attacks and I feel like a more reasonable and stable person. I still get anxious every day but I just feel a lot more in control of myself and my state of mind, and my self-talk is more effective than it used to be. I definitely recommend Prozac for anyone suffering from anxiety and panic attacks!!"

bettyboop (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Depression "This is the second SSRI I've tried for anxiety and depression. I will say that my anxiety now is basically nonexistent. I tried 20mg for a month then my doctor brought me up to 40mg. I feel like a complete zombie. I am so BORED and I feel like nothing is interesting or worth doing. I have no motivation. I sleep like 10 hours a night and end up taking a nap most days too. Prior to going on Prozac I was dealing with a lot of anxiety/agoraphobia but still had some motivation to do fun things or work on personal projects. Now I feel like everyday is just a slog to get through, that I need to occupy my brain somehow until I can go back to sleep. Prozac has made my suicidal thoughts a lot more frequent. I get very little enjoyment out of life and it feels like there's nothing to look forward to. I have no plan to act on these thoughts, but the increase led me to stop taking Prozac a week ago. Yesterday I learned that it can take as long as 3 months for Prozac to fully leave your body--yikes."

Lee September 7, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "So far I’m about 2 months into using Prozac and I must say it’s done wonders for me. I want to let people know that the first few weeks I had some stomach issues (slight loose stools) which subsided around week 3. After that my mood has been better my attitude and relationship has flourished. Also an odd side effect for me is having an increased libido. (Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing) also taking longer for orgasms (again probably isn’t a bad thing). If anxiety and depression rule your life give Prozac a try."

RF (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My mental illnesses that started when I was 13 & I had my first attempted suicide and ended up in a long term hospital for treatment. I was given Prozac when it was “The In” drug for teens! Now at 41 I’ve been on everything & now I’m back to Prozac. I feel amazing when I’m on it! I usually start feeling normal & stop taking it thinking it was a phase until it comes back! Now I’m sitting at my pharmacy waiting for it when normally with any antidepressants I couldn't care a less when it gets filled cause I still have to wait a month for it to work! Prozac seems to work instantly! It gave me energy, made me focused and happy! No dark, paranoid thoughts! Sex drive decreases but I can still orgasam. Everybody’s bodies are different and we all have different disorders, to me Wellbutrin was THE WORST! I think you have to trust your doctors and try a few and go with the one that works the best with least side affects!"

Rachelling September 5, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed the 20mg dosage of "Prozac" by my primary care physician per the request of my therapist. After two weeks of using it daily I think this is going to be part of a solution for me. After two weeks I definitely notice a difference. The 'noise' in my head (the horrible things it says) go nearly silent. My ears still ring a lot but not as much as before. I'm a little jittery, but I attribute that to a new exercise program I'm using as another part of the solution. The feeling I get about an hour after taking the pill is a sense of peace. The world appears a little brighter, and my tunnel vision subsides and the negative thoughts go mostly silent. I still have my spark while taking this drug too, which means I still have a sense of humor and can plan for the future. I still care about things, which is cool. I also find I don't overreact or worry about the future as much now. I'll see how this pans out in a month or two after I talk to a psychologist. Best wishes!"

Malachi Jones September 2, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I’ve been taking for 2 months and it has worked wonders for me and to think I been suffering from anxiety and depression and a serious eating disorder and this was all I need was Prozac. My mind state has completely changed I’m happy - I'm not a negative thinker anymore. I feel like a new and improved version already and can’t wait to see how much more better I feel as I continue taking this medication!! It’s so worth trying if you're suffering from depression"

Victoria (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Throughout my life I’ve been over-bearingly anxious. Never felt comfortable around people and would over-think everything. I’ve always been told to “tough it out” or “just don’t over think and over worry” I recently just ended my 4 years in the Marine Corps and was finally able to find the help I need without it affecting my military career. I’ve been taking Prozac 20 mg (Fluoxetine) and did not feel anything in till week 3 where I noticed that I wasn’t as uncomfortable or anxious. Fast forward to week 6 and my anxiety is virtually extinguished. I am now able to have conversations with groups of people I don’t know and I’ve been much more outgoing. There is still a little anxiety, but it’s manageable. Only negative side effect for me is that it takes a little longer to achieve an orgasm (which can be both good or bad, depending on the situation lol). I highly recommend prozac!!"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Depression "I've been 3 months on Prozac feel like zombie, not wanting get up in morning and not sleeping properly"

Deedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I’m 29 and have had severe anxiety most of my life. I have an overwhelming sense of being on-edge, nervousness and general uncomfortability. Went to rehab for benzodiazepines and opiates where I was prescribed 20mg Prozac. one a day for over a year but ran out of insurance and stopped taking it. I had the most crippling anxiety and wouldn’t even go out to the mailbox because I was so nervous about everything, don’t get me started about driving on a freeway! I was desperate and almost caved in to my self-prescribed meds that will work. Went to the Dr and got on prozac 40 mg a day, with 15mg Busprisone 2x, with Propanolol 10mg 3x a day and it really helps. I could feel the buspar help with my nerves on the road almost within the first week. I started getting the content/ slightly euphoric effects of the Prozac a tickle at 2-3 weeks and I could tell a big difference now at 5-6 weeks. The propranolol is like my go to for a panic situation, like the DMV, store, or having to share in a group."

NamedNikki August 11, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Awful!! I never felt worse than when I was on this drug. I had constant nausea, no appetite, huge intense mood swings. 10/10 do NOT recommend this"

19 year old girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Prozac is the only medication that has worked for my OCD especially with my intrusive thoughts repetitive behavior and homicidal thoughts; I'm a high functioning sociopath w/manic depressive bipolar disorder and extreme anxiety... unfortunately the prozac doesn't completely take care of my anxiety/panic attacks so I was put back on xanax [PRN] I also take Seroquel/lamactil (i do have seizures) diazepam when seizure activities are present."

Lucia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Depression "I lived life trying to fake it until I could make it. I lived like I was an extrovert but inside I felt like a worthless daughter, wife, mother and friend. I worked myself into a state of being physically ill & nearly died. When discovered that I subconsciously attempted a long term suicide, I woke up to complete chaos. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder w/psychosis. I started Prozac & was so sick & tired the first 2weeks that I wanted to stop taking it but wasn’t allowed to. Prozac allowed me to accept my natural personality & create a healthy, happy and safe way to live. I would love to think I would be ok now without it but it isn’t worth the risk. I have such peace in my heart & mind. I did add a low dose of Wellbutrin after the first year for sexual side effects. No drug will fix everything and they all have side effects but this combo has worked for me and has given me the life I now know I deserve. Good luck!"

Marthan August 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...