User Reviews for Prozac

Major Depressive Disorder 6.4
Summary of Prozac reviews 7.3 956 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

Awful drug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “((My experience with Prozac, other people will have different experiences))At the start you feel great then after a month or so onwards no improvement. It's only a mood stabiliser to stop 'bad thoughts' no low moments, no high moments. Just walking through life like a zombie. Doubled my dose and for a week I felt productive then my tolerance caught up. Quitting was the best decision I made. I feel happier and my 'brain fog' is clearing. It's good for anxiety though as it numbs you completely:D”

Aim · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I took Prozac for 6 months or PTSD and it made me feel terrible, I was suicidal for months. My doctor claimed I should take more....which made no sense to me. I went off of the drug and felt like myself again. Don't this drug”

RayRay · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I'm starting Prozac today and I'm currently on Zoloft but I've been weaning off of it. I tried about everything except Prozac so we'll see how it goes. Zoloft did help my OCD by didn't cure it.”

Jerry · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I’m 40 and for last 15 years have tried and stopped taking many many different SSRI’s and anti-psychotics Meds. Mostly stopped mental drugs cause of side effects, made depression / anxiety worse, and some other issues. But dang! Was on Prozac for last year and this vintage SSRI from the early 1990s has worked better and much much more tolerable than any other drug I have tried.”

LB · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I was experiencing OCD, general anxiety, and panic attacks. I was put on Prozac for 2 weeks. After a few days my symptoms got bad. I still can't eat, was still experiencing weird dreams etc. It was like someone put a magnifying glass over every symptom I was experiencing. I was previously on lexapro and never experienced anything close to what I just experienced with Prozac. Scared the hell out of me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Do not give up! This drug does work but it takes time. I am going on week 4 of 20mg and I am finally starting to feel better and more like myself. The first week was REALLY hard. For 2 days I had massive anxiety, worse than ever before to the point where I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I almost stopped this medication, but I pushed through because that’s what everyone said. After those few days it got better. I don’t have a lot of “what If” thoughts anymore and I am starting to feel myself. I know this is different for everyone, but my advice is try to push through the first 2 weeks if you can!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “This drug made me so much worse. It give me bad side effects and made me even more suicidal. Not for me!”

Rana · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 16, 2020

For Depression: “At the first I feel ok but after 6months I gained 20 Kgs !!! And I quit Prozac after 6 months and it was the best decision but I cannot get rid of the weight I had gained it affects my metabolic rate so bad !!! Now I have depression of being fat ! Don’t use it”

Ris · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I started 10mg dose of Prozac, then was increased to 20mg dose. I was on it for irritability for two months before it started inducing severe panic attacks, racing heart and the inability to think. I had constant headaches and no feelings, I couldn’t even feel pain. I’ve been off it for two months now and the withdrawal has just started. It has been horrendous, racing heart, anxious feelings, severe anxiety, loss of appetite, memory loss, foggy brain, feeling off, panic attacks every night. So far two weeks of this. I don’t recommend this, it’s been the worst 5 months of my life.”

JaneDoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Prozac is the best anti-depressant I’ve been on. It worked really well for 6 months and then it started to stop working (I wasn’t very consistent in taking my pills). I had very little side effects. The first month of being on it is very nice. It lets you feel happiness after not being able to. I’ve been off it since August and have not felt the need to start any meds again until recently. Prozac helped me be able to gain that sort of control. It’s okay to depend on medications for awhile or for a lifetime, whatever works for you.”

KermitZo1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Depression: “The first couple of weeks on Prozac went well, I felt happier than before. But after that it feels like the medication makes me more depressed than normal. Overall it’s an okay medication”

Liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since high school...I’m a 21 year old college student now. I was prescribed Prozac over 6 months ago, but didn't have the courage to take it. I initially came here and read the reviews which freaked me out. The past months I have been dealing with unbearable anxiety and panic attacks, that I could no longer manage. I gave in and have been on Prozac for 1 month now. The first week I had no side effects besides a headache. The second week came and the symptoms I had were obsessive thoughts, one bad panic attack, increased anxiety, feeling out of body, etc. This continued into week 3, but eventually got better. The middle of week 3 going on week 4 I feel very good! I have had little to no anxiety issues and can actually function in the world! This medication plus therapy once a week has been a good combination!”

Marla · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

For Depression: “This is great! I have been depressed since my divorce and have tried other antidepressants. This really works. Prozac even gives me energy in the morning! The only problem is that it gives me anxiety so maybe it’s good to get you out of the depression or maybe I need a lower dose.”

NellyM · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 30, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I had anxiety since I was a child. I remember having my first panic attack when I was playing with my siblings, not knowing what it was. Years later, I got diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After I couldn't bear my anxiety anymore and starting to affect my profession, I started taking Prozac 20mg since October 2018. First two months, I experienced a terrible loss of appetite and weight loss, subsequently. Also, very heavy menstruation for months then it went back to normal flow. Vivid dreams were frequent, too, not anymore, though. After almost two years of use, I have gained at least 25lbs, which is Frustrating for me. In terms of anxiety, I do think that this drug controlled at least 85% of my anxiety and panic attacks. My anxiety now is very occasional, and when I have it, either goes away by itself or stays with me the whole day regardless of my relaxation practices.”

Juno May 27, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I went on Prozac to treat depression, anxiety, and bulimia. It was the worst medication I’ve ever taken. I ended up in the psych ward after the mental breakdown this medication led me to. Other than the awful SSRI-induced mania and mood swings, I also suffered terrible side effects. Even after stopping this medication, the insomnia persisted for months. I don’t recommend.”

Anonymous May 25, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I've been through a lot of medications & this one was one of the worst ones I’ve ever tried. I was unaware of how horrible and scary the side effects were of this medicine. I started off on the lowest dosage and it lasted about two weeks before the bad thoughts & depression kicked in. I DO NOT recommend it. It has now given me fear of trying other medications.”

Anonymous May 13, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “This medication Prozac has helped me so much and has truly saved my life. My OCD and panic attacks were taking over my life to the point where I felt I could barely function. When this medicine began working for me I felt that I finally am the person I want to be if my OCD and anxiety did not stand in my way. This medication was absolutely amazing for my OCD and anxiety/panic attacks. I am on 50mg.”

Sagecious · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 8, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “The best thing ever to be invented. The very first time I took my first dose, literally 30 minutes later I went from being catatonic/incoherent/and hysterical to sudden new feeling I had never felt before in my life. Happiness, calm and serenity. My imaginary pain disappeared as well. Suddenly everything made sense. I was all like, omg god, is this what normal people feel? I couldn't believe I had been missing out on this emotion for the first 24 years of my life. It gave me my life back. Been happy, successful, productive ever since.”

stvjnr · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “Prozac was 8 weeks nightmare at first then all of a sudden I went from needing zopiclone to sleep to being able to sleep myself within 30 mins. My mood has picked up and I can better take my stress. I'm only on 20mg and took it due to trauma at work and subsequent insomnia. Life changing in a great way.”

Janey12 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “Fluoxetine helped to get me out of a bad place with regards to my OCD. I'm so thankful to it. Compared to other medications that I've taken in the past, it has very few side effects, especially in terms of weight gain etc. Alongside therapy, it's changed my life. Without even realising it, my compulsions and ruminating lessened dramatically. It's worth going through the first three weeks of transition, to experience the final effects.”

Proprozac · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2020

For Bulimia: “This drug saved my life. 5 months ago I started on 20mg of Prozac, this helped manage the binge cravings but I relapsed a few times throughout that period. After upping the dosage to 40mg I have not relapsed for 3 months and 16 days. This is after a devastating secret battle with bulimia of seven years. I have now upped the dosage to 60mg to manage a hair pulling disorder but my obsession around foods and eating beyond my needs are truly a thing of the past. I am so grateful for this drug. Please combine with an app that will track your relapse dates for awareness but also celebrate as you hit weekly, monthly and hopefully yearly ‘milestones’. Sending everybody love who needs it.”

Coco · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 15, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Didn't give zombie affect like Zoloft, still made sex bad and ED strong”

Anonymous April 7, 2020

For Depression: “I take Prozac because I have stomach issues of nausea. I have been on 40 mg for sometime now. I really do remember having many side effects except that it made me tired. It is suppose to be a happy pill. I will go off of it for a week or two and I do not notice of my being unhappy or being happy when I go back on it. When I go off it because i am too lazy to get it filled, after about a week or two, i feel like i am coming down with the flu, i.e., body aches....even to my fingers, shoulders....all over. As far as making one tired, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and need a lot of sleep and still feel like I need more. I just zonk out. So I did not notice any ill effects in taking this drug.”

PandaBear · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I've been crying and overwhelmed every day. I'm a health care worker in a hospital & before this pandemic, I didn't need any meds for anxiety/stress. I have a happy life. But then this pandemic struck us & I lost it control ... I have been on 10mg/day for one week & so far so good. I'm not freaking out as bad anymore. Crying way less. But I'll see how I feel as time goes on.”

Shireen2020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “It’s the first time ever I am leaving a review for something because i thought i owe that to myself and lots of people who are uncertain or hopeless, I took Paxil before Prozac for about 4 months, no effects at all, i asked my doc to prescribe Prozac because I was getting worst, was so depressed, always in a sad mood, was crying a lot, did not have the power to do anything at home, spent hours on bed at the weekends... And then started Prozac , after 3 weeks I had some up and downs, I was giving up till I started feeling better after 4-5 weeks NOW i am taking it for 5 months, did not cry for a long time, no sadness, no depressed mood, no anxiety..I am just so glad i did not give up, I am a mom and i needed to get up again. After years I feel I am living... thank to Prozac”