User Reviews for Prozac

7.4
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 553 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "I was on this medication for over 14 weeks and it made me into an unemotional zombie. My grandma literally passed away in front of me and I couldnt even shed a tear. It helped get me moving around more but, it wasnt really helping my depression. I wasnt happy at all and my anhedonia still persisted. Also, on top of all that Prozac made me lose my libido/sex drive even after I stopped taking it over 6 weeks ago. Im scared my libido/sex drive is never going to come back. This is why I only rated this drug a 1."

MixedBipolarDude16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was going through a breakdown and eating healthy and working out but still life was a mess and I couldn't cope so my PCP prescribed this to get me through. I lost a bunch of weight, fine because I was a tad chunky and became numb to so many things but I was able to cope better and I had a bunch of energy. I couldn't sleep but it was okay with my 75 hour work week. It was hard to concentrate on my medical studies because I would get confused a lot but overall I adjusted and I would get on it again. Getting off it was smooth."

Audriauna-all-day (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

For Depression "This is a great medicine. I switched to this after taking lexapro and having some difficult-to-manage side effects. I did not have any side effects at all on Prozac in the beginning. I have noticed that recently I have more of an appetite. I monitor what I eat so I haven't gained weight but it is more of a challenge. My sister is also on the same dose but has not had the hunger side effect."

ZisserZasserZooz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Ok, I felt better two days in to treatment. Then, a week in, I am calm. Two weeks in, still calm. Just even. Finally. I've struggled with rapid heartbeats, sweating, panic, fear, talking too fast, gasping for breath because I have so much anxiety, and just a general uncomfortable feeling my whole life. Of course Xanax and meds like that worked, but when they wore off the anxiety would come back worse. This drug Prozac? Like, why didn't I try it earlier. I've been on many other antidepressants and only Cymbalta came close. On 20 mg and my headaches and muscle tension are also reduced. I hope this lasts. The only side effects: early waking, and waking up a few times at night, but I just take some Benadryl and I sleep through the night"

ZoeMushka10 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

For Depression "At first it made me feel really sick constantly and have stomach aches but after 2 weeks it started to help me cope with my anxiety and depression waaay better. I wanna make it clear I wasnt looking for a cure when I started taking prozac, but just a way to better manage my feelings because I dont think I will ever be cured since Ive been chronically depressed my whole life. And it does really help me manage way better, I still have depressive episodes tho, but I dont break down crying easily or feel anxious all the time and I stopped disassociating."

Anaqueef (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "This was the second antidepressant I tried, worked great for a few months be then it went downhill fast. I stop shortly after it got really bad, however Prozac withdrawal is one of the most emotionally and physically challenging things I've ever done. I do not advise people with even slightly addictive habits to take this, I truely do not like this med, at all, but maybe it works for some people."

Sadboi November 18, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Having horrible anxiety that comes and goes especially if things change. As a child I was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder but mom disagreed. I was very anxious and unable to concentrate and unable to become a good student so I sufferered tremendously. Started Prozac 20 mg and hope it helps. I am 64 and just stopped working full time because my anxiety kicked in ."

Riley-Gunther (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

For Depression "Been on Prozac before and worked well. Left it too long before seeking help this time, never felt this bad, extreme anxiety, depression and feelings of doom and obsessive racing thoughts. First week in and making me worse, but this is to be expected I guess. Docs upped them to 30 mg so will see what happens. Cry all morning, wake early sweating and anxious, feel sick, lost a lot of weight. Want my life back"

Dizzydaisydoo (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "After 2 weeks, this crap called medication made my OCD WORSE, Then a few weeks later i was so depressed that i couldn't even get out of bed. I went from being a healthy lady with moderate ocd, to a majorly depressed obese pig in 2 months. Thanks prozac. Dont put this depression (causing) pill down your throat. Talk to your doctor about other options. Also, i just want to let you all know something, 50% of psychiatrists will do anything to make their appointment with you quicker, even if that includes just opening their book of medications and picking a random one in your category (in my case, ocd). Always try medication free solutions BEFORE popping a pill. eg, ocd training, therapy, natural treatments, etc"

LanieMal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2016

For Depression "six years ago I almost lost my life from an abusive relationship. I am 24 years old now. Luckily I am a survivor of domestic violence. From that traumatic time in my life I have been severely depressed, anxious & have had thoughts of suicide. For the past six years I have been on & off depression medications. Some have worked but the effects were too extreme. I tried Effexor but didn't like it too much and the withdrawal was terrible. Then I tried to work things out without medication and was doing good for a while but became very depressed/gained weight and so decided to give medications a try again. Recently started on Prozac (10 mg) about a week ago so far the low dose is good for me. I am more positive, exercise daily & new diet."

PTSD gal November 2, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on meds for depression, anxiety and pmdd for over 10 years. Even on Zoloft I would cry at work all the time over little things, take everything personally, Finally, there was a suicidal ideation breaking point for me and I went off Zoloft and on Prozac 20 mg. Within a few days, I felt the depression and sadness lifting. 2 months later, still not depressed. My psychiatrist just upped my Prozac to 30 mg and I'm having trouble sleeping through the night. Overall I feel less emotions and don't care as much about work and other things. I don't react strongly to anything. However, I'm tired a lot and feel much less motivated in all areas of my life. It's better than being depressed &stressed."

Jenn2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "With all medications my G.P. gives me daily, is a good reason to try Prozac, I have no days without stress, scared of some health problems, that might kill me, such as brain aneurysm, had 2 surgeries for it, and survived both, first one had less than 50% of surviving, as aneurysm started bleeding, was under for 5 hours, to a coiled process, taking 8 different medication at night and 5 in morning, to help combat diabetic type two, to chronic leg wound open for past 21 years. Scared of everything I do, as stress alone can trigger another brain aneurysm, and I need to stress out, my G.P. freaks out every time I want to try different drugs to ease tension, I smoke marijuana, was licensed by Government, but quit after a year, could write more,.."

Bearminator (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2016

For Depression "This medication was awful. Despite only being 17 at the time so the doctor decided that I would be put on this medication for my depression I knew that there was a chance that this may cause my condition to deteriorate. I saw no improvements with the 10mg so my doctor increased this to 20mg. This is where it all went downhill. I developed full blown Panic disorder as I was having several panic attacks a day so I was unable to go to school. The medication increased my suicidal thoughts to the point where I was not sleeping at night due to constantly thinking of ways to kill myself. One day I nearly did attempt suicide so I had to be assessed by a Psychiatrist who put me on tranquilisers for a week then admitted me to a psychiatric unit."

India98 October 23, 2016

For Depression "I am a recovering opiate addict and alcoholic. I have been sober for five years and extremely grateful. However, I have been diagnosed several times by physicians as having depression. It got so bad about a month ago that I decided to try Prozac 20mg. I have been on Celexa in the past but it made feel disconnected. The Prozac took about three weeks to kick in but it is working wonderfully now for a few days. It is like a switch was flipped and I just feel normal and positive. I do have some of the usual side effects but they are bearable. Everyone is different for sure but I am very pleased with Prozac thus far. If you are trying this medicine, stick with it as it does take a while to have an effect. very grateful!"

Nigeloz October 21, 2016

For Depression "I've been depressed for most of my life but was raised to "tough it out". I am a recovering opioid addict so I am scared to take any medication at all. The last 3 years I've completely withdrawn from any social activities, relationships & have just been doing the bare minimum to get by. Recently my oldest son turned 18 & has severed ties with me. This took me to the lowest low I've ever been & made me suicidal. For the sake of my younger son, I chose to get help. I was put on 20mg of prozac & have been on it for 3 weeks. I wish I would have done this sooner. Through my recovery from opioids, I've learned that pills are not the answer so these combined with counseling is the solution I've needed for a long time. I hope this helps others."

TT79 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

For Depression "I have been on several different SSRIs before and haven't seen much improvement. So far, this seems to be the only antidepressant that's worked for me and hasn't given me too many side effects. I was on Luvox, which wasn't helping at all for any of the multiple conditions it was prescribed to treat, and was switched to an equivalent dose of Prozac. Ever since starting it, I've had more energy and have been able to smile, laugh, and overall just feel like a normal person. For me, in combination with Seroquel, Adderall (for ADHD, but also gives what I take for depression a little boost), and Wellbutrin, this is a wonder drug. It still helps me get through every day after quite a few months on it. Couldn't say the same about other SSRIs."

Xelleld (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

For Depression "My nurse practioner kept insisting I try Prozac along with Olanzapine for my severe bipolar depression because it was the gold standard (supposedly they work good together). So, I ended up taking Prozac all the way up to 60 mg for over 12 weeks (along with Carbamazepine, Olanzapine & now Saphris) and I only got a partial response to the medicine. It helped get me functioning again but I wasnt happy. I still didnt enjoy the things I loved doing. For example, I would try listening to music or play video games but it wouldnt do anything for me. The euphoria was kind of missing. I know 80 mg is the max dosage but I shouldnt have to be on the max dosage or go beyond it to get a desired effect. Oh, and I lost my sex drive on Prozac too! Grr!"

BipolarDude86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I know this is a process, but it sucks. I'm now taking 40 mg of Prozac and it literally does nothing for me. I started with Zoloft, and at least that was an appetite suppressant Both Zoloft and Prozac just make me tired, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. My goal is to gain energy and be able to do...anything...other than sleep."

Tierna October 8, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "For anyone who is hesitant about trying an anti depressant like Prozac because maybe you have too much pride, or you're embarassed that you have to take a pill everyday to feel like yourself. I was suffering with anxiety and depression for about 5 years after a really traumatic car accident and refused to try anything. I'm in my early 20s I thought I was too young. I only wished I would've listened to my body and mind sooner. Prozac changed my life. I only take 20mg and it is incredible. I feel happy.. I feel calm. I feel like my old self. I haven't had any anxiety in months.. I'm not moody. It's like that big dark cloud is finally gone, don't be afraid to try this anti depressant. Im a brand new Me, because of it. I feel invincible"

ChristinaM872 October 6, 2016

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My dr started me on 20mg once daily.After a few months with no improvement he raised it to 40mgs.After about 2 weeks at this dose the depression subsided some and also my anxiety as I found myself reaching for my Xanax less and less.However after about 5-6 months the depression and anxiety came back and my doctor told me raising the dose would do no good.So,that being said, if you need an anti-deppressant to get you through a rough patch in your life (divorce,holidays,death of a loved one) this seemed to work very well just after about 6 months I was right back where I started. *Another benefit is it's generic (Fluoxetine) in many stores is only $4 for a month supply.Ive seen some Anti-deppressants cost well over $100 for a month*"

sopranofan (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac 10mg Changing my life, one day @ a time!! LOVE it!!"

ColetteAdele September 28, 2016

For Depression "20mg for three months. No effect at all."

Chuck789 September 24, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Hi there , I started thanking this magic pill about 4 mos ago . I've had general anxiety disorder and depression for at least 20 yrs . Biggest anxiety is with taking medication . Finally at 44 it hit me like a brick & I stopped driving and not being able to work due to crippling anxiety and irrational fears ..I seemed help and got the courage to start on 10 mg Prozac about 4.5 mos ago , increased to 20 mgs after 3 weeks . I have to say this medication truly saved my life & sanity ! I feel normal again and anxiety is gone ! I recommend it to anyone who has double thoughts about it , it truly works :)"

Ak72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2016

For Depression "Was on lexapro and didn't find it helpful . prozac seems to be doing very good."

Riply222 September 9, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had to come off Fluoxetine due to severe pains in my back , hips and legs. It's been 4 weeks and still getting the pain. So worried I've damaged myself for good. Don't know what to do ! Doctor has put me on Naproxen for the pain, but how long do I take this for!? , has anyone else experienced this? Every time I come off naproxen I get the pain straight back again. Making me so unhappy."

Jojo woo September 3, 2016