User Reviews for Prozac

7.2

Postpartum Depression

Summary of Prozac reviews 7.5 705 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "This medication has helped me so much with my happiness and mood, it has definitely levelled me out. BUT I am quite disappointed because my sex drive and libido has gone. I hate saying that I had trouble maintaining an erection during sex twice. I did notice and pay attention to my libido going down over time. Completely stopped masturbating. Never had this problem before. I do blame this medication. It’s a shame. 4 days off it so I will see how it goes and see whether my libido improves. Been on this drug for about 3 months"

Sam15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "This antidepressant does help with anxiety and depression, but caused me to have side effects like stomach problems (mostly diarrhea), terrible acne, made me tired yawning all day, constantly hungry, and bothered my sinuses. I was only on it for a few weeks and had to go off of it."

MSmith June 10, 2018

For Depression "I was on 10mg starting and it didn't help, so I went to 20mg and my life felt so on track, I gained 30 lbs, but with exercise daily I lost 15 and don't mind the way I look. I have bipolar II and It made my mania worse, but with the right mood stabilizer, I believe this antidepressant is a great. I switched to wellbutrin and I hate it, I am going back to Prozac today"

KADEZKO (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Prozac 20 mg now for at least a month and a half and I am so glad for this medication. On the first day I took this pill I felt different. I have lost weight which is a great thing because I am overweight. I don't really have a appetite, not complaining about that at all but the only down side is NOOOOOO sex drive at all and I can barely have a orgasm. I'm going to stick with the medicine because I have struggled with depression for years and years and haven't felt this good in I don't know when. My medicine works all day everyday and sex only last a few minutes...not giving up my medicine for sex. Give the medicine time to get in your system it really works and it has saved my life! Thank goodness for this Pill."

depressedgirl1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Best medicine ever. I recommend it to everyone. I've been on and off for about 8 years. I always go back on because I lose it after a while. It helps me with anxiety, and especially obsessive compulsive. It runs in the family that we think about things way to hard and can't let go of stuff. This drug stops the irrational thoughts from snowballing. I seriously do recommend this to everyone. To me, it really has been a cure-all. Life is still life, but goodness is it much better with Prozac."

Rondog (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2018

For Depression "Horrible drug. It made me feel like zombie, and there is the side effect of risks of suicidal thoughts. Took it for a few months before the side effects started kicking in with a suicide attempt . After I woke up I realized that it was the drug. After stopped taking it I feel much better on another med."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug has done wonders for me. It change my life. No more fear or negative thoughts. The only mayor problem weight gain and decrease of sexual desires. I don’t know what to do. I love this drug but can’t take the weight gain. I go to the gym and try to eat less and still my weight doesn’t go down. I really don’t know what to do. Any advice?????? I am a new person on this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Depression "I've taken prozac for 10 months initially at 20mg then 40mg. It has worked very poorly for my depression and anxiety. I have become so constantly anxious and unmotivated due to the medication and dependant on alcohol. I need to change to something else this has had no positive effects on me."

Jon April 27, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed Prozac for my PTSD -- I have social phobias, panic disorder, anxiety, agoraphobia and depressive disorder. When I started on Prozac my symptoms weren't nearly as bad as they have come to be now. It made me incredibly depressed, I was nauseous all the time on it, I was losing weight and I was already underweight as is -- 5'7" and 115lbs. The first time I ate a full meal on it was Thanksgiving at a relative's house, the whole next day I spent violently vomiting and had terrible diarrhea at the same time. Prozac wouldn't allow me to keep anything down, and the constant nausea throughout the days was terrible. Wouldn't suggest for someone with a sensitive stomach... ALSO my psychiatrist said there shouldn't be any effects coming off, I could just stop it. I crashed majorly! Depression got terribly worse, and panic attacks were coming on pretty bad for a short period after!"

staceya97 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "It’s changed my life and I am so grateful for this medication. My view on western medicine has changed a lot."

Amira (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was on Paxil over 10 years ago, but ended up gaining a lot of weight on it, even with working out like a mad man, and watching what I eat very meticulously. After being on several meds in the next 10 years, which did not appear to work (although I wasn't on them for a long period to time) I decided to try Prozac from the advice from my psychiatrist, who is a very good doctor. I took a gene test to see what medicine would be best from me, and the tests revealed prozac would be best. I started off on 20mg, increased to 40mg, and eventually went up to 60mg (due to my OCD). At first, I kept the weight off, and in fact was losing a bit of weight. However, after being on 60mg for a long period of time, I decided to weigh myself, and was totally dismayed, and went into a deep depression, on how much weight I gained. I always thought weight gain was one thing under my control, as I work out and watch what I eat. To say it mildly, it was like a punch in the stomach."

jcb2334 April 19, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Prozac for about 3 weeks. Started on 10 now moved up to 20. I can say this drug really kills most of my anxiety and stress. It is definitely helping with my depression also. My mood has stabilised for the most part. I recommend giving it a try, everybody is different so give it a try. Thanks :)"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Depression "Give this medication at least 3 months to fully work. I started at 20 mg and increased to 40 mg within a month in a half.I have to be honest, the side effects can be difficult but stay with it regardless because you’ll be thankful you did by the time you start feeling the benefits of this drug. A year ago is when I started Prozac and I’m so much happier today than I was from the start Give it time because nothing good happens over night. Good Luck to everyone."

CrazyTown813 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2018

For Depression "Believe it or not but as soon as I took my first pill of this amazing drug, I felt sudden improvement in my mood."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Hi, I started on Prozac 6 days ago, I am constantly tired and have no get up and go, exercising feels like a chore. I am very foggy in the head as well. Anxiety has decreased a little, but sleep is very disturbed. Going to stick with for another week and hopefully these horrible side effects will go and I will get my energy back."

Nel45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Depression "Been on Prozac for two weeks. Definitely works better for me over a period of time. Mood has significantly increased with a stabilising sense of well being. Been a lot happier. Everyone reacts differently, I recommend giving this a try. Best to stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks, Good luck! :) There is always hope"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This med is very good. I went from almost quitting my job to enjoying life again. This is my fourth week on it. 20mg a day. The first two weeks were difficult but right now my panic attack is mild as well as my anxiety. I hope it stay that way. My doctor told me I would have to take it for at least 6 months, which worries a bit. Does anyone knows any natural remedy for panic attack and anxiety? I want to be free from med. Plus med may stop working anytime. Please help!"

Sk April 10, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking 20 mg of Prozac in early 2017 for anxiety, depression and OCD. For the first few months, I felt fantastic; I was so relieved that I had finally found a medication that worked for me. Skip to August of 2017. I maintained dark thoughts. I eventually stopped taking the drug due to this scary reality. In December 2017, my doctor and I decided to give it one more try. This time around, at 10 mg per day, my thoughts became dark very quick; I stopped again, once and for all. It's been roughly 3 months that I've been off of Prozac and I now have good and bad days. Some days my thoughts are dark, and on my good days, I feel mostly okay, but will have periods of melancholy. I wouldn't recommend Prozac for folks with a history of trauma and strong suicidal urges. However, I have 2 cousins on Prozac that have moderate depression, and it's been a positive life changer! It just didn't work for me."

Prozac made it worse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug has made me a new person. I was experiencing severe anxiety and the Paxil I was taking for over 6 years was not having much of an effect on me. My doctor switched me to Prozac and I felt shocking the first two weeks whilst on it. I was very close to giving up on it. My doctor urged me to persevere with it and within a month, I was beginning to enjoy life again. In fact, enjoy life better than before. You will feel worse before you feel better on this drug. It takes at least four weeks before you notice a difference. It is worth the wait and pain. I am now on 40mg and life is good."

Pandora (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Depression "I've been on many medications for depression. Prozac makes me the most happy. I'm 18 years old. Prozac helps me a lot. But it might not help everyone. It might even change for me."

MRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medication almost a year taking 60mg once a day. These are the side effects I have noticed. It seems to cause memory loss (I had a photo graphic memory) and insomnia. This may be what is causing the fatigue. I have gotten so fatigued since starting this medication that it interferes with my ability to function normally. I feel like it has also taken away my ability to truly feel my emotions. NOTHING bothers me anymore and if it does, it is for a very short time then I seem to forget it bothered me at all. This is good in someways and not in others. I now have to take other medications to counteract the side effects of this medication. Not sure what I’m going to do as far as staying on it. It has not caused weight gain for me and the side effects I listed are really the only I have noticed but they are severe and effect me on a daily basis."

Living4today March 29, 2018

For Depression "I have had depression for a while, I have been in and out of therapy, and this is the first medication I have been given. I had taken it for about 2 weeks, and it made me feel worse, it gave me random energy spikes, and I was easily agitated. After I came off of the energy high, I was feeling worse then I had before I had taken it. Upon my more detailed research of the drug, I had found a few of my friends had taken it, and were up to 70mg, and it had helped them, but I couldn't seem to have the same effects. My aunt had taken the medication, and said that it helped her, but not as much as the therapy did. I feel like this is a drug that might work for a very few select of people."

Ani (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "First two weeks I felt like this tablet was making me 10 x worse and I was sleepy and didn't wanna get out of bed, crying and flipping out, not eating much. Well after reading google, as I was going to go off the tablet but I decided to give it two weeks,. Now the last 2-3 days I've felt fantastic, no anxiety or tight stomach feelings, no sleepiness, eating like a horse ;) give this medication more time."

Lols (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Depression "I used Prozac and nothing happened, my psychiatrist increased my dose but nothing happened so I was taken off."

Roxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "In 2014, I suddenly started having terrible panic attacks and I believe this drug saved my life. My panic attacks were so bad I thought I’d have to check into a mental hospital and I considered suicide. Doctor put me on 20 mg and within just 5 days, the extreme anxiety subsided and the panic attacks were reduced. After 2-3 weeks, panic attacks completely stopped. I am so grateful for this drug during that time period. I stopped taking it after about 2 years because I felt much better. Fast forward to now, I started to have bad anxiety again due to a lot of stress in my life. Back on 10 mg and it helped within about 2 weeks. I was more calm, slept better, didn’t worry as much. However, I gained 15 pounds in 2 months and it made me lethargic, tired, and foggy. I’m weaning off now. I can’t stand being overweight and tired all the time. This drug definitely helped my anxiety, but the weight gain and fatigue has been really bad this time around."

Kris (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018