User Reviews for Prozac

Not Listed / Other

9 reviews
Summary of Prozac reviews 7.5 700 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "Hi, I started on Prozac 6 days ago, I am constantly tired and have no get up and go, exercising feels like a chore. I am very foggy in the head as well. Anxiety has decreased a little, but sleep is very disturbed. Going to stick with for another week and hopefully these horrible side effects will go and I will get my energy back."

Nel45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Depression "Been on Prozac for two weeks. Definitely works better for me over a period of time. Mood has significantly increased with a stabilising sense of well being. Been a lot happier. Everyone reacts differently, I recommend giving this a try. Best to stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks, Good luck! :) There is always hope"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This med is very good. I went from almost quitting my job to enjoying life again. This is my fourth week on it. 20mg a day. The first two weeks were difficult but right now my panic attack is mild as well as my anxiety. I hope it stay that way. My doctor told me I would have to take it for at least 6 months, which worries a bit. Does anyone knows any natural remedy for panic attack and anxiety? I want to be free from med. Plus med may stop working anytime. Please help!"

Sk April 10, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking 20 mg of Prozac in early 2017 for anxiety, depression and OCD. For the first few months, I felt fantastic; I was so relieved that I had finally found a medication that worked for me. Skip to August of 2017. I maintained dark thoughts. I eventually stopped taking the drug due to this scary reality. In December 2017, my doctor and I decided to give it one more try. This time around, at 10 mg per day, my thoughts became dark very quick; I stopped again, once and for all. It's been roughly 3 months that I've been off of Prozac and I now have good and bad days. Some days my thoughts are dark, and on my good days, I feel mostly okay, but will have periods of melancholy. I wouldn't recommend Prozac for folks with a history of trauma and strong suicidal urges. However, I have 2 cousins on Prozac that have moderate depression, and it's been a positive life changer! It just didn't work for me."

Prozac made it worse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug has made me a new person. I was experiencing severe anxiety and the Paxil I was taking for over 6 years was not having much of an effect on me. My doctor switched me to Prozac and I felt shocking the first two weeks whilst on it. I was very close to giving up on it. My doctor urged me to persevere with it and within a month, I was beginning to enjoy life again. In fact, enjoy life better than before. You will feel worse before you feel better on this drug. It takes at least four weeks before you notice a difference. It is worth the wait and pain. I am now on 40mg and life is good."

Pandora (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Depression "I've been on many medications for depression. Prozac makes me the most happy. I'm 18 years old. Prozac helps me a lot. But it might not help everyone. It might even change for me."

MRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medication almost a year taking 60mg once a day. These are the side effects I have noticed. It seems to cause memory loss (I had a photo graphic memory) and insomnia. This may be what is causing the fatigue. I have gotten so fatigued since starting this medication that it interferes with my ability to function normally. I feel like it has also taken away my ability to truly feel my emotions. NOTHING bothers me anymore and if it does, it is for a very short time then I seem to forget it bothered me at all. This is good in someways and not in others. I now have to take other medications to counteract the side effects of this medication. Not sure what I’m going to do as far as staying on it. It has not caused weight gain for me and the side effects I listed are really the only I have noticed but they are severe and effect me on a daily basis."

Living4today March 29, 2018

For Depression "I have had depression for a while, I have been in and out of therapy, and this is the first medication I have been given. I had taken it for about 2 weeks, and it made me feel worse, it gave me random energy spikes, and I was easily agitated. After I came off of the energy high, I was feeling worse then I had before I had taken it. Upon my more detailed research of the drug, I had found a few of my friends had taken it, and were up to 70mg, and it had helped them, but I couldn't seem to have the same effects. My aunt had taken the medication, and said that it helped her, but not as much as the therapy did. I feel like this is a drug that might work for a very few select of people."

Ani (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "First two weeks I felt like this tablet was making me 10 x worse and I was sleepy and didn't wanna get out of bed, crying and flipping out, not eating much. Well after reading google, as I was going to go off the tablet but I decided to give it two weeks,. Now the last 2-3 days I've felt fantastic, no anxiety or tight stomach feelings, no sleepiness, eating like a horse ;) give this medication more time."

Lols (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Depression "I used Prozac and nothing happened, my psychiatrist increased my dose but nothing happened so I was taken off."

Roxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "In 2014, I suddenly started having terrible panic attacks and I believe this drug saved my life. My panic attacks were so bad I thought I’d have to check into a mental hospital and I considered suicide. Doctor put me on 20 mg and within just 5 days, the extreme anxiety subsided and the panic attacks were reduced. After 2-3 weeks, panic attacks completely stopped. I am so grateful for this drug during that time period. I stopped taking it after about 2 years because I felt much better. Fast forward to now, I started to have bad anxiety again due to a lot of stress in my life. Back on 10 mg and it helped within about 2 weeks. I was more calm, slept better, didn’t worry as much. However, I gained 15 pounds in 2 months and it made me lethargic, tired, and foggy. I’m weaning off now. I can’t stand being overweight and tired all the time. This drug definitely helped my anxiety, but the weight gain and fatigue has been really bad this time around."

Kris (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was only given prozac for my OCD because bipolar meds and antidepressants can be a nightmare. Prozac is my life now. I've been on it for years. I tried Trintillex to see if it was better, and that experience scared me. Prozac is so far the best for me. Amazing because it is so old. But it literally saved my life. I had to try lots of other SSRI's before Prozac. Prozac took a long time to kick in, but all good things are worth the wait. I was definitely crawling before I walked again. I just want to say that I'm so happy Prozac was invented. It made me feel normal again. It's given me myself back. It didn't change me or numb me- it made me feel alive. I owe all my progress to Prozac in terms of OCD. I was on the verge of ECT. I don't have any side effects except some weight gain (I was so skinny before) and being tired when night comes (I take it at night). Prozac is one of the best things that happened to me in life and I can't wait to take it tonight."

searchingforthecure March 22, 2018

For Depression "Okay, so, I took this drug for about two years, it did NOTHING. It almost made my depression worse. I never wanted to leave the house, I didn't even want to play baseball, the sport I've loved since I was little. I had good grades before I stared taking this, it made my unfocused, shaky, and all around nervous. My grades plummeted. All in all, Do not take prozac."

AstrosFan117 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2018

For Depression "When do most people take there med I take 20 MG a day I just started my third week and wondering if all nervousness ,anxious anxiety will subside any help would be appreciated thanks . Gc"

Gc March 15, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Hey! I suffer (suffered) from pain disorder which turned into depression soon after since I was 16. Now 35. I was given many SSRI's back then.. Name it, and I'm sure I tried it. I always made the common mistake of not giving it ample time to work. I was Rx Prozac last year, and this time I held it down. It works very very well! Panic attacks are pretty much gone! Outlook on life is better. I'm on 40mgs now daily. Side effects when I first started were tolerable.. upset stomach, no appetite, and cut into my sleep a bit. These went away in about a week. You must give it about 3 to 4 weeks for noticeable effects. Well worth it."

Bostong (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2018

For Depression "I've taken prozac for 2 weeks now. So far I've experienced a big decrease in appetite, which has been okay. The two major things that this drug has changed for me is that it's made me calm and collected and it makes me worry/stress less. The thoughts and problems that usually fill in my head don't affect me as much anymore and I get over things much quicker, which has led to decreasing my stress and my severe anxiety. I've also felt very calm and mellow, which could turn some people off but for me it has been a blessing. I've always not been able to stay still or focus, and am very scatterbrained, so this is a huge change that I've welcomed. It has helped me actually get things done and focus, and has made me much more productive since I actually have the motivation to do things now. Thanks for reading, I wish all of you luck on Prozac! Will definitely continue taking this amazing drug and am excited to see how much more it can positively change my life in the future."

Meg (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Depression "Made my depression worse, I felt like I wasn’t able to enjoy life anymore and I became much lazier. Two weeks of using the medicine and I overdosed. This drug can be very dangerous since your messing with your brains chemicals eventually your brain will try to reach equilibrium and make your depression worse"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Depression "It literally saved my life. I have been on antidepressants and mood stabilizers for about 25 years now. Up until about 8 years ago I was on setraline and depakote plus other mood stabilizers... nothing worked. I was horribly depressed, suicidal, and had gained so much weight. Then I had a breakdown . I was rushed to a doctors out of town and changed my meds. I was put on Prozac. I have been on it for about 8 years. You have to stick with it. It you stop it for what ever reason or miss more than a couple days doses then you will start feeling bad. It does help. I probably would not be here today if it was not for my doc and Prozac. Just give it time and stick to it. Do not give up. You have to give it time to kick in. A couple of days of side effects is not a reason to quit. Good luck."

Sox Girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2018

For Depression "2 years ago when I was 20 years old in college suffering from a terrible episode of depression I was prescribed my first antidepressant: Prozac. After 3 weeks I felt AMAZING. I was having sexual dysfunction so they added Wellbutrin. I felt great for almost 2 months until I had my first and only seizure. (Wellbutrin lowers the threshold for seizures). I discontinued Wellbutrin. I tried Prozac after the seizure and it had no positive effect like it did. In retrospective, I believe that the prozac induced a hypomania episode. I have never had a hypomanic episode before then or since."

VickyEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been living with PTSD, severe depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I reluctantly started Prozac but now I’m extremely happy I did. It’s been ~4 weeks in and I haven’t had a panic attack, I haven’t been angry, moody or irritable- quite a few times I felt somewhat euphoric and a steady feeling of being content/happy. I have fibromyalgia and this medication is said to help with the pain, It does. After drinking I would usually be in severe flare up pain and extremely anxious and depressed, now I feel perfectly fine and normal. Honestly, Prozac is helping me to live a better life without the stress and the depression. Its a relief to not be crippled by mental illness."

Bea7765 February 20, 2018

For Depression "I’m 45 year old female, I had a very tough past. It has haunted me in the present, prevented me from being a whole person. Although I had made peace with myself on some levels, my head would spin, go to dark places, feelings of self loathing, inadequacies would take over. I am premenopausal now as well, which in itself is a struggle. I started the meds almost 8 weeks ago. I was at 10mg for 4 wks..very slight side effects, foggy mostly. I felt it was “scratching the surface” in terms of helping..I was increased to 20 and it is doing the job just fine. My concerns were weight gain and sexual dysfunction, of which I have neither. If I have put on a couple of pounds, it’s worth it, for the clarity in my head. I am very pleased, my only regret, is not starting it sooner.. Good Luck, I hope this helps."

Ak3973 February 14, 2018

For Depression "These reviews are pointless each drug affects each person differently. Writing a review on a drug is meaningless. What works for me might not work for you keep that in mind!!"

Melkp1980 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2018

For Panic Disorder "30 year old guy (active, good job, college educated). I’m here to tell you this medicine worked for me — FOR SURE. I take just 10MG at night. I also take TIME RELEASE Xanax every evening before bed (0.5MG). The combo of the two has reduced my anxiety, panic, racing thoughts by 85%-90%. One year ago I was in the same place as you likely are. Looking for any solution and upset thinking nothing could help my, almost nightly, panic attacks. Everyone is different with this sorta stuff. However GIVE THIS A TRY, if you are on the fence. You owe it to yourself. And don’t worry, with your doctors permission you can probably still enjoy a few drinks here and there. Personally, I still enjoy a few cups of coffee each day (probably shouldn’t) and I also enjoy a glass or two of wine a few nights weekly. Take your doctor’s advice."

FloridaGuy25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2018

For Depression "This medication didn't help me at all. It made me much worse and unstable."

depressedfaye (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Depression "This is my first time taking any SSRI and I am legitimately happy for the first time in years. I had results in the 1st few days which went away after the first week, then took nearly 10 weeks until I felt results again so there was a long time where I felt like it wouldn't work. I had Serotonin Syndrome symptoms (tremors, large pupils, sweating, etc) so had to take a break for 1-2days, twice over weeks 1-8. Around week 10 on 20mg I started feeling great then by week 12 I started having migraines. My dr told me to stop taking it for a few days and when I didn't take it I felt great again. Once it builds up in the body to the level you need it works but beware of taking too high a dose after 3 months. I'm now on 10mg & it works like 20mg did when it kicked in. Hang in there and if you're having issues take a break or a day or two or lower your dose because even slight Serotonin Syndrome can block results."

Chi_Ada (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018