User Reviews for Prozac

7.1

Postpartum Depression

Summary of Prozac reviews 7.4 771 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

For Panic Disorder "I am on my 6th week on prozac and I can't believe how much this medication has helped my panic disorder. I went from having up five or six panic attacks a day to having only one very minor one this week. I have also experienced probably 90% less derealization and disassociation episodes in the last three weeks. My hypochondria is 100% VANISHED!!! I was so scared of the side effects I obsessively read reviews on this site and many others but I had none except a minor loss of appetite the first week. I noticed a change in energy by the end of my first week. Its not that I have euphoria or experience no moments of anxiety but they pass faster, I don't immediately catastrophize and I am beginning to believe that even if bad things to happen to me I am strong enough to get through them. I used to cry multiple times everyday and I haven't cried once this week. I really hope it continues to work for me!"

Lemons (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I was put on Prozac 20mg for my anxiety and stress but it made me GET OCD. Worse anxiety. Hands started twitching. Couldn't hold my phone. Dr. upped my dose to 30mg (because of increased anxiety) and the muscle twitching and tremors got so bad I just stopped taking it. Did nothing for anxiety. Felt worse ."

Imnotlikethem March 15, 2019

For Depression "I started Prozac 10mg after finding out Zoloft caused me no improvement whatsoever. After almost 1 week of taking prozac I started really bad diarrhea couple times a day, after 2 weeks my pupils started really dilating and this caused me to not concentrate on my driving and I almost felt my I was about to loose my conciousness. I was really holding on to not actually because I didn't want to get into an accident. This drug is just not for those people who can get really sensitive to extra serotonin in their body, like I was. I would really recommend talking to your healthcare provider first. If you ever took any antidepressive meds and how you reacted to them in the past. Because this could be a life threatening drug to your life and everyday daily activities causing you to not have a good eye coordination and behavior ☹"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Prozac for roughly a year. Before that, I was on Lexapro for a year but switched due to weight gain. Where do I begin? This pill has given me confidence, more social ease, allowed me to live my life more freely and openly and not panic at the slightest inconvenience. I can go with the flow. I'm more regular, I sleep better, it's as though I was missing something and this is it. An additional bonus I've found, which I can find no information on is that it has made my hair grow thicker, faster and fuller. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?"

Mandy1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2019

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm 27 and I suffer severe PMDD, rage, mood swings, irritability, depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety. I decided one day, when I was PMSing severely; punching things, crying and breaking things, it was time to try meds. Long story short, I gave prozac a shot. It was great for a few months. I stopped crying, I was calm, anxiety has been to a minimum. Well it's been about 4 months and I'm now weaning off my meds because of the side effects. I can deal with excessive yawning, but now I am breaking out on my inner elbow, the back of my legs, my ears and neck, my chest feels heavy. One day I had horrible pain in my chest and throat like I was having a heart attack. I have no allergies, I don't smoke, I eat healthy, I sleep well, etc. the meds stopped working, I suffered PMDD this month as if I wasn't even on medication. I am going to look into herbs and natural remedies"

Tot March 4, 2019

For Depression "Guys if I could I would get 0 stars. This drug gave me very dangerous neurological side effects similar to Multiple sclerosis. I got twitching of my eyelid and in all my body, I got tremors and also shaking, big insomnia with an effect weakness, fatigue. Also I wake up every morning with numbness of my fingers. I stopped using it after 14 days. I found some articles that Prozac may be toxic on your cell in the brain. Horrible. That was my 4th drug for my depression in 3 months, I said enough and no more, these things are very dangerous for your body even is presented everywhere as a lifesaver. I bought something natural Maca for energy, Rhodiola and Ashwagandha and these seriously work! No side effects!"

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started having really strong suicidal thoughts. I saw a psychatrist and he diagonised me with OCD and said there's no depression inside me I doubt it. He started me on Prozac and Risperdal. I struggled for 1 year long. I decided to change the doctor. He said not to leave Prozac and add one other medicine called effexor. I finally found out that only the brand Prodep Olimelt and Lamez ( Brand name of Prozac Zyprexa and Lamictal in Nepal) work best with each other. No other brands can be used.I am now currently on 150mg Efexor XR( Australian Brand) Prodep 20mg 2 capsules( Nepalese Brand) Olimelt 5 mg ( Nepalese Brand) and Lamez 100mg ( Nepalese Brand) and I am living a life. So if you are suffering from any mental just go to Nepal and ask a psych to take Prodep 20 mg capsule Olimelt 5 mg tablet and Lamez 100 mg Tablet( Remember lamez 50 mg tablet doesn't work well with this combo so just 100mg Tablet) doesn't matter whatever dose you are on. Good luck !!"

Reesub February 26, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I took this medication for 2 months for body dysmorphic disorder and my breasts grew three cup sizes. I can’t exercise or fit into my old clothes, and I have back and neck pain. It has exacerbated my BDD. I am so afraid I am going to get breast cancer now. It is extremely disturbing, and I am terrified. I have been off it for over a year and they have not gone down. This was not listed in the literature and there was no indication of permanent side effects. If this starts happening to you while taking this medication, please be aware that you could be stuck with it for life. I wish I knew or I would have stopped it immediately."

Sallyforth (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

For Depression "Prozac levels have to build up in your body so REAL effects don't show up for over 4 weeks. Of course that doesn't mean it will agree with every body. The only relatively fast effect I had with this med was improvement in my ability to fall asleep and the quality of the sleep I got also improved within 2 weeks. Early side effects were appetite loss, a slight increase in breakouts (face), excessive yawning, desire for alcohol decreased but increased interest in recreational mari, stomach upset, headaches. Sounds like a lot but every med has its acclimation period. This one is just particularly long. After about 2 months, it helped me recognize and face my depression, and manage my anxiety really well. But, latent side effects for me were increased appetite, decreased libido, worsening brain fog, and stomach upset. Prozac did what it was supposed to do and I would try it again, but for now I'm testing the waters with other meds to lessen SEs."

ValleyDoll February 20, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I hope you will understand me because my English is not perfect, so sorry for that. Before everything you should never use antidepressants without doctor’s surveillance. I did this mistake and I literally ruined my life . When I was in high school I was obsessed about girls. I mean I hadn’t any anxiety or panic attacks but just I couldn’t talk to girlfriends like others which was making me upset sometimes. Actually my story is so long and complicated but I want to say that you shouldn’t take anxiety pills for just foolish problems. Because after , you can ruin your life. These suggestions are especially for young students like me. You should start and quit taking only on the recommendation of professional advice."

anxious turk (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Hey there! 29 year old gay man vet tech and future DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program ). Lost my fiance 2 days ago due to spleen injury/rupture. Doctor put me on 20 mg of fluoxetine and 0.5mg of klonopin as needed,no side effects for now,I'm just praying this will work..."

lukavettech (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Relieves anxiety slightly, not enough to render you a functional human being and definitely not worth the side effects."

dordeduh (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I wish I had been on this medication sooner in life. I have always been a highly sensitive person, Prozac has allowed me to feel a sense of "normalcy". I don't overreact as often anymore, I am more at ease socially. I don't have as drastic of mood swings during "that time of the month". I am easier to get along with in my relationships, I sleep better and wake early. I am energized and have dedicated myself to the gym since I started this medication. I have tried lowering my dose from 20 mg to 10 mg and I do not find it to be effective. I will likely be on this medication for life as I feel it improves vastly my quality of life. Side effects are a mild dampening of sexual desire but I take Maca supplements and that helps."

Jess33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2019

For Depression "Was on 20mg for 2 years. Tried increasing to 40mg, but the anxiety side effect was just too much. Very easy to withdraw from a long half life."

Pocariboy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication has truly been life changing. I suffered from severe anxiety for years. After taking this medication for a month, most of the anxiety and intrusive thoughts disappeared. I take the lightest dose 10mg, and have found that it is just enough for me when used in conjunction with mindfulness techniques that help keep anxiety at bay. I will say, this medication made my appetite disappear completely. Lost 15lbs very fast once I started taking it."

SouthernFlorida February 2, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I suffer in the past from panic disorder and anxiety. I try so much drugs like lexapro, paxil etc. Only Prozac makes me feel happy. Thank you science Thank you Prozac. I take 20mg Prozac every morning."

Itchy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I love prozac. Life saver"

Ffs January 27, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I suffer from harm OCD/intrusive thoughts that honestly took over my life. Prozac gave me my life back and after suffering for 13 years, I now have no intrusive thoughts and my OCD is almost non-existent. This is a miracle drug with little to no side effects, except some mild insomnia. It takes time for the effects to kick in so give it some time, it took about 4-6 weeks for me to really feel a change."

Al January 24, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Anyone thinking about going on Prozac DON'T DO IT! Unless you plan to take one month off work. But trying to come off is a nightmare so you become dependent on Prozac. I took it for seven days then enough was enough I had every side effect. I also lost my job seeing as I couldn't focus on small or let alone big tasks. The first night not taking it I experienced headaches so bad I thought my head was going to explode...I also had uncontrollable leg movement and jaw locking. I didn’t sleep until 6am in the morning and woke up at 3pm. I will say though I did experience myself becoming overly happy on the third day. Hopefully I feel back to my normal self within a week"

Samantha (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Dr tried me with Prozac. First 8 days were bad. Severe nausea no appetite and worsened anxiety. After reading everything I could on the net, I stuck to reading just the positives. Made my mind up to stick with it as I think so many give up too soon. Now day 11 and the fog is definitely lifting. My last 3 days have been so much better. Think of it as a journey and rate each day out of 10. Write it down..day 1 I scored 3 so pretty low..day 2-5 scored 2!! Today I’m a 6.2 so please don’t give up on this med. I may score 5 tomorrow but I WILL NOT stop taking it. I believe in it and that gives me a positive attitude towards my recovery. Even if it is a placebo effect, I’ll take that any day over depression and anxiety. I’ll never be a 10 but the high 7’s will do just fine."

Potty (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

For Depression "Only side affect I had were vivid dreams but they were tolerable. Really helped me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I am a 58 year old female with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I tried a lot of different antidepressants during my bouts. Nothing really worked for the terrible panic attacks I was having. My doctor put me on 20mg. Prozac. The side effects were bad for about 3 weeks but the fourth week it really started to work well. I am still on it for 2 months now. It works. So don’t stop taking it because of the terrible start up side effects such as, anxiety, low appetite, fatigue, yawning, terrible stomach issues, insomnia and blurred vision all cleared after 4 weeks. I feel good now and I will continue to take it."

Roseosey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I’ve been taking Prozac for 1 year now. I started with 20mg. The anxiety and obsessive thoughts were still there. My dr decided I should go up in the dosage to 40 mg. And it helped tremendously. I would say the side effects while being on the medicine was gain weight, and unable to orgasm. After 8 months of being on 40 mg she suggested to try 30 mg and that was definitely a game changer. I am now able to reach orgasm normally. The first three weeks my sleep was still disrupted so she prescribed me trazadone 25mg. I took that for the first two months and it helped me. I don’t need it anymore."

Mrs.H (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking 20mg Prozac for over a month and may stop purely for the memory issues I am facing and find it hard to enjoy anything anymore which includes (Takeaway food, sex and playing games or anything that's pleasurable). It is if you prefer the positives over the negatives and right now the negatives are slightly winning. In short: Positives: Weight Loss(best shape I've been in years) Appetite suppressant Reduced Stress Reduced Anxiety Reduced Depression Less Angry or irritable Negatives: Severe memory problems (both short and long term) Decreased sex drive(Male, not sure about female) Numbing of both positive and negative emotions Terrible sleep(Always feel jittery when tired in bed) Super lethargic(Being lazy always forcing myself to do stuff)"

teal1995 January 10, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I’ve tried every SSRI from cipralex (personally hated it) to Zoloft (liked it but made me sleepy and only helped depression not OCD) and now for a few months Prozac. I have never ever ever been so mentally stable in my life. I’m 23 and have severe body dysmorphia and for the last couple of months 40mg of Prozac daily has almost completely halted my repetitive thoughts and image related compulsive behaviours (asking boyfriend for validation, checking mirror constantly, comparing self etc). It’s worked so well that even my boyfriend has noticed how much more stable our relationship is without my constant insecurity caused by the BDD. Couldn’t recommend more. Only side affect is weird vivid dreams but I can deal with that."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2019