User Reviews for Prozac

Postpartum Depression

Summary of Prozac reviews 7.4 830 reviews

Reviews for Prozac

Guest · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Prozac made me crazy, 13 days on it and landed in A&E with seizure like panic attacks where I couldn’t move my arms or face. After 5 days off and I’m still in the highest anxiety crisis I’ve ever been in. I was prescribed it for panic attacks but the panic attacks before were nothing as bad as when I started taking the Prozac, I ended up with depersonalization mixed with severe panic attacks and insomnia. It gave me problems I never had before, my doctor had to put me on diazepam just to counteract the side effects! This drug may work for some people but it can cause massive suffering for others and with its long half life it’s not easy to come off."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on Prozac for nearly a month now. Anxiety is worse, nausea and I generally feel like rubbish. We will see I suppose in a few weeks if there is a difference in my anxiety. But you better be prepared for side effects when starting this drug."

Nadethi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I tried Prozac for 5 weeks, it made me feel awful. Shaky, brain felt wired, nauseous, made it difficult to sleep, and the last 4 days on this I was severely depressed and feeling suicidal which is what led me to stop taking it. At that point I felt like I was on it long enough to be getting some benefits, but I felt worse than before. I had success for many years on Paxil (paroxetine), unfortunately it stopped working for me and I was at the highest dose. I also suffer from anxiety. Fluoxetine actually felt like poison to my body, even though it was supposed to be okay according to my Genesight test results. Very dissapointed."

Gwenn · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

For Depression "I feared going on anti-depressants for years. Like 20 years. I did not want to be someone who had to take a pill every day. Finally, I gave in after having a break-down and I wish I could talk to the 35 year old me and say hey, dummy, you will feel like yourself again so just hush and take it! I have had an incredible experience with this drug. I've been on it for four months and feel like the Gwenn I was years ago. If you are stopping yourself from trying this medication for similar reasons, I hope you will reconsider. Initially, it was difficult as my body adjusted to the medication but I expected that as my doctor told me the first few weeks can be challenging. I almost gave up but something deep inside me told me to push through. After 3 weeks, I really felt the benefits and now that my body is used to it, I am myself again. I highly recommend."

JFK63 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I take 80mg of Prozac with Lamictal, and it helps a lot. But be warned, it will ruin your sex life."

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

For Depression "35 y/o black man with generalized anxiety and depression. On Prozac I definitely feel weak tired but not so much of lucid dreams and never had a problem falling asleep. I've noticed my self smiling more willing to to out with family and also I'm thinking differently about my life and who I am. 2 weeks into meds."

Bobbie · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Two weeks in 20mg prozac feel nausea shaky weak and very fragile. I feel constant fight or flight."

Don89 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I take it in the morning with my other meds. Less OCD."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For Depression "I expierenced lucid nightmares often. Also I was forgetting things frequently, especially conversations between people I see daily. It made me feel numb but my moods were more controllable. So, positive and negative effects. I decided to change medication because of the memory loss and nightmares. I'm diagnosed with bulimia, OCD, anxiety, depression."

Az · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "It really helped me to go through my anxiety and stress to get relief. I have used it for about 6 months, I got days with good mood and some with down but overall it benefits me. The only side affects had less energy and made me sleepy."

K July 26, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Hi all, I am a 32 year old male have always suffered from social and generalised anxiety which causes depression. I have been taking fluoxetine for nearly a decade I have been taking 20 mg for the past 6 years or so but have been suffering very badly with social and general anxiety for the last couple of years and despite this carried on only using 20mg per day. I saw my doctor and they recommended I take 20 mg every other day to see if I could come off the drug or instead felt worse and could up the dose. Sure enough after only about a week of taking every other day I felt worse than ever and had extreme anxiety. I have now been taking 40mg per day for the last 4 weeks and have honestly never felt better. I have had many challenges and events that would usually make me have extreme anxiety and that nauseous, stress feeling in your stomach that makes you angry and agitated but I have had none of this at all."

peaches · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "After trying many forms of therapy for my OCD and anxiety I was beginning to feel as though nothing would work long-term. I started this medication 3 months ago and the dose has gradually gone up since then. The only side effects I’ve experienced is that I’m a little more fidgety than usual, and when I first started it I was a lot more anxious. However, after a few weeks of being on it I started to feel so much better. Now I’m on 20mg and it is definitely the best thing I’ve ever done. With a combination of cognitive behavioural therapy and Prozac I can’t believe how good I feel. I am less anxious, my mood is better, I can control my OCD more. It really does take a few weeks to kick in, but it really does work."

MyDogIsAwesome July 18, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have suffered from MDD for 4 years before I got my diagnosis. By the time of my diagnosis, I had mental breakdowns every night, was completely withdrawn from all friends and family, and my grades went from straight A’s to straight D’s. I was tired, numb, and sick. I tried to kill myself twice. Then I started Prozac at 10mg and then up to 40 mg. Three years later, I was finally able to get my life back together. It takes several months for Prozac to take effect. For me, it was an entire year. For sure it’s no miracle cure, but I was less empty and less tired. Prozac is not a happy pill. It won’t fix your problems. It won’t make life seem infinitely better. It won’t undo the damage. Nothing will. It will only give you the opportunity to make everything better again. And for me, that was opening up to others and seeking the help I needed. I'm doing better now. Prozac did it’s job. Now I have to do mine."

LA · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I started taking 10 mg of Prozac on April 24, 2019. It has been the worse experience of my life! The first few weeks I felt wonderful, but then upper lip started getting red bumps, sores on my lips, weird taste, sensitivity to spicy food. My lips are still somewhat swollen. Lips horribly chapped, mouth dry. Anxiety attacks like I’ve never had before and now depressed. I need off of this rubbish now. Waiting till Thursday to see my doctor."

Rose · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medication since I was 13 years old. It has worked great although the side effects after being on fluoxetine for so long are not so good. They are terrible vivid violent nightmares, and heart palpitations. I can deal with the side effects because this medicine helps me function. I am currently at 40mg."

Liam July 15, 2019

For Depression "After a few months on Prozac, I no longer the depressed version of myself that I was before Prozac. Happiness was something I rarely felt, and now feel daily - and I was never excited by anything ever, and now am so positive and excited for my future plans and goals! I do feel almost ‘cured’ of major depression. The first couple of weeks were a struggle, and I did feel worse before I felt better - I felt more dark and depressed than I ever have - so it’s very important you have a plan in place if this does happen, a friend/counsellor/doctor you can talk to for example. I then felt very numbed out and had very low libido, which lasted a couple weeks but did also stop for me. My libido is still less than it used to be now, but for me it’s not an issue as I was annoyed with how high it was before. Side-effects included, Prozac has been life-changing for me and I am now excited to move country and start a new job, something I was absolutely terrified about before. I wish I’d tried it years ago!"

Lukaswithak93 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 14, 2019

For Depression "I’ve been taking Prozac for 2 1/2 years now. I started in the September 2017 at 20mg, stopped in October 2018, and restarted in January 2019 at 10mg. As of July 2019 I’ve increased to 20mg. Prozac makes me feel “normal” every time, especially the 20mg. It’s amazing! What’s odd is the first time I took it I gained weight and loss sexual function; however, this time I seem to be losing weight and sex isn’t impaired. I wonder if stopping and taking it again changes how the body responds? Overall 10/10."

Scarface · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "40 mg helped calm my nerves"

Tony45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prozac 80mg, Lamictal 200mg, & Klonopin 2mg are a great combination for my MDD. Works Great!!"

Karni July 8, 2019

For Bulimia "Before I started taking this drug I gave myself anxiety reading bad reviews. I never really allowed myself to believe I was depressed because there were always people who “had it worse”. I never allowed myself to believe that my seven years of bulimia and anorexia were a problem. When I became depressed again this year, after years of fighting I decided to take the plunge. I was prescribed 20mg and went up to 60mg in three months and have stayed here for the last four months. It was within two months that my friends noticed a difference in my personality. I was happy. I laughed. I felt confident in myself for the first time in a decade. I am lighter. Prozac, for me, has saved my life. Yes, I also eat healthier and go to therapy and try to meditate - but without this medication I don’t know where or who I would be. I lost myself for many years and I found myself again thanks to this medication. If your doctor has prescribed it, trust that advice and trust this review."

Kim July 7, 2019

For Depression "I’m 30 & was battling clinical depression. I was initially prescribed 10 mg of Prozac 2 months ago. The first day I took it was almost like I’d taken a sleeping pill. I FINALLY could sleep, but it didn’t make me “sleepy”. I actually had way more energy. My anxiety slowly stopped. I slowly had happier thoughts. After a month my dosage was increased to 20 mg and the first week of that I actually started feeling a little depressed again, but after a week and a half my mood elevated. I started getting involved in activities again. I started hanging out with my family and friends again. I make an effort to do my hair & makeup, work out, work on goals... I’m back to me. I’m truly happy. Prozac saved my life... for real. I feel a part of this world again when at one point in time I didn’t want to be a part of this world. It works, it just takes time. You will feel like nothing is happening for a while, but one day you’ll just be happy and you’ll actually notice it."

Elizabeth July 1, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "My daughter ttook 5mg of Prozac for four days before deciding to stop using due to horrific side effects. Day 1 was wonderful, no anxiety with just a slight headache. Day 2 brought on severe nausea so bad it was painful and the dark feelings of depression and crying uncontrollably (she previously had zero depression), along with “static” feeling in her brain. The morning of Day 3 woke with feeling as if she was on fire, nausea and nightmares (again never previously had nightmares). Day 4 included all of the above topped with panic attack. She stopped taking it. The last 5mg dose she took was a Sat night at 6pm. We ended up in the ER on Monday due to waking up Monday morning with such an extreme panic attack that she was inconsolable and almost passing out. After 5 hours straight of this we ended in the ER where they gave her a shot of Ativan to calm her. Was told the half life is 1-3 days since she had only taken 4 so praying tomorrow is better."

Beck · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder 2 months ago and have been taking Prozac ever since. I haven’t felt any different whatsoever, I still can not find the motivation to get out of bed or even leave my house. It’s different for everyone I suppose, but hasn’t worked for me at all."

Catwoman · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 29, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac saved my life. It has given my joy and the opportunity to live life to the fullest. Initial side effects weren't easy but worth persevering. I am finally enjoying life."

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

For Anxiety and Stress "I was off work for months due to the awful side effects of 4 different anti depressants that I was given for anxiety/panic attacks and mild depression. I thought nothing would work and was almost resigned to handing in my notice. I was certain Fluoxetine would be no different but am here to say a huge THANK YOU BECAUSE IT DID!!! It took 4 weeks for the side effects of feeling out of sorts and shaky to start to subside but after 6 weeks I was suddenly ready to start work again and I wasn’t even nervous about my first day back! I have energy, confidence and calm. After 9 months of feeling like normal life was over for me, it feels almost like a minor miracle."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)