User Reviews for Luvox

8.3

Anxiety and Stress

Summary of Luvox reviews 7.3 84 reviews

Reviews for Luvox

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had a great experience with Luvox, personally. I had very few side effects aside from being quite tired in the first few months (I was on a 300mg dose w/2mg risperidone). A big factor for me was that I hadn’t had OCD symptoms very long when I went on the medication and I did a LOT of CBT therapy - So when I came off the medication I had the tools to help myself. I was on Luvox for 3 years while doing the intensive therapy for my incredibly severe symptoms. I’m now off the medication and have (touch wood!) not had an OCD symptom in over a year. If I do relapse though, I will go straight back to Luvox."

KT90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "The worst drug I have ever take in my life. It gave me severe anxiety. Made me so tired and I can't sleep, and I got a seveer stomach pain , electric shocks. I don't recommend it at all."

Leen90 June 10, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I switched to Luvox because Effexor was making my cholesterol go through the roof and now the sexual side effects are back and I'm more tired than usual. I take 450mg Wellbutrin with it along with various supplements. I'm going to give it a few weeks before trying something else."

mihulka3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "If you're having trouble was Luvox making you tired take it before bed or have a doctor prescribe 300 mg of Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a cousin of Amphetamine."

RM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Switched from Prozac to Luvox. I already feel a difference in my depression. So far so good!!!"

Allie K. (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It's a miracle is what it is. This med allows me to function. Tried so many things and this is the only med to help with OCD. Took away a bunch of compulsions and anxiety associated with them. I find it easier to push away thoughts. Side effects- night sweats, sexual dysfunction, tiredness. Doesn't work on depression it seems though its an SSRI. Still with these side effects it's a miracle drug. Saved me. Been on 300mg for years. I should say going on it is hell, constant anxiety and panic and then one day it just drops and you feel better. It gets worse before it gets better. If you take this and feel terribly anxious, it's working. Push through."

anxiouscharlie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "On Luvox I woke up one morning and just decided I didn't need to bite my nails anymore. After 40 years of nail biting I'm cured. It's also helped my OCD disappear. It's an amazing medication!"

Me12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started taking Luvox for my OCD in 2007....50 my a day, then increase by 50 mg once a week until I reach a daily dose of 400 mg. At 350 mg per day, I began to feel like I could stop doing the repetitive behaviors, and at 400 mg, my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ceased to exist! It. literally disappeared from my brain, like I never even had it!! I love Luvox, and I wouldn't give up the freedom I have without OCD - for the world."

Corizus (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "After growing up much of my life leaving myself undiagnosed, I decided to start therapy for OCD and anxiety. I later decided to start taking medicine. I'm only 18 years old. They put me on Fluvoxamine/ Luvox. I'm currently on 200mg. It's harder to notice a difference since it took forever to kick in, but overall I feel much better, and I'm able to be more social and not stress out. I'm able to let things go. The only side effect I notice is tiredness. However I'm able to cope."

redskins98ac November 4, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I once had a horrible experience in my life losing a friend but then I got over it but met another friend BUT my mind was making me think I would lose my new friend, like my old friend who stopped being my friend without telling me. Anyways I found out I had OCD & I started luvox. It did take a few extra weeks then expected but over the last month I've began to really not worry & have the compulsive consistent non stop worries! I've definitely came a long way. Especially that my friend assured me if he would stop being my friend he would let me know"

Koolken92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I know this medicine is supposed to be great but the internal tremors are driving me crazy. I've been on luvox for a week now and the tremors make my anxiety 10 times worse! I also have a raspy voice that comes and goes."

Bellafarber October 10, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking Luvox since 1998. I always knew something was strange about the way I acted growing up lol. As I grew up, married, and had a child, life became very scary to me. I worried constantly, fearing death for those around me. I suddenly had an episode of what is referred to as an anxiety attack. I thought I was dying... it was a horrible experience, and before I finally went to a social worker seeking help (and that was very hard for me to admit to myself) I'd had a couple more of these anxiety/panic attacks... So... the social worker diagnosed me with OCD. She worked along with my M.D. whom I still see to this day and trust very much & decided to give the medication she recommended to him for me a try. ... continued"

Foondigirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Was switched to luvox from lexapro since we found out my anxiety and depression is stemmed from my OCD. Ruminations and cleaning OCD tendencies. I cannot explain how INCREDIBLE that has completely flipped my mindset off (in a good way). I no longer need to take my high doses of xanax to sleep, I do not need to take xanax during the day, I also do not need to take my adderall to concentrate anymore. I know this is an older drug, but I wish I would have known about this before the lexapro!"

teacherteacher14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed this medication when I was 14 for OCD and panic attacks. During my time on it I took between 150 and 200 mg and had a very negative reaction. The medicine made me unbearably tired, so much so that I experienced visual hallucinations due to such extreme exhausting. Also, I now have major gaps in my memory from that time. I think Luvox can be effective, but be careful with it, especially if you're young and/or very small (I was less than 100 pounds at the time so you can imagine how I'd react to a dose like that). It got rid of many of my anxiety and OCD symptoms, but at what cost? By far the strongest SSRI I have ever taken. Tread carefully."

mary9090 July 26, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a life-long sufferer of OCD - started when I was 7-8 years old when OCD wasn't even a common word or diagnosis - am now 52. I tried many drugs in the 1990s - most had awful side effects. I found Luvox in 1994 (from a knowledgeable MD) and it helped. I managed to live a productive life. I stopped taking it 5 years ago - thinking I could use my life skills to cope with OCD and anxiety, but learned behavioral and coping skills can only work to a certain extent in a person whose brain chemistry and/or neurons are not functioning correctly. My doctor recommended I get back on it, so I am starting it up again. For what its worth: therapy can greatly help an OCD victim - and IMO the best therapists are the ones that have or had OCD themselves."

PJK Grizz (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I took luvox after coming off sertraline for bad side effect, my main problem are insomnia and I can't sleep at night after I had my baby 6 month ago. I started 1st on 25 mg for about 3 days and after that 50mg for the next 2 weeks. I can feel the different in my anxiety but sleep and mood not improved. My pdoc increase my dose to 75mg , but it seems to make me even worst. Then after 2 week my pdoc increase the dose to 100mg. I can feel the difference but not in good way. My moods are still low and I just don't wanna do anything. My sleep also has not improved. I'm struggling every day. I developed new instrusive thought too. I can't hold it anymore because this AD do make me worst than before. Bad AD !!!!!!!"

azrwty June 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on it from 2 months for my anxiety and its working pretty fine but I've decreased libido and low sexual drive and its concerning for a young guy to have this sort of side effects. I am gonna consult my doctor about this"

PalashT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was first put on this med in 1995 to deal with my OCD which manifests itself in compulsive negative thought and inability to overcome negativity, as well as occasional wishing I would die and suicidal thoughts (never acted upon). Due to frequent professionally-caused moves around the world, periodically Luvox was unavailable to me, so I was placed on alternatives such as Zoloft and others, all of which had heavy side effects. The best thing for me about Luvox was my ability to cope, no sexual side effects, and also the ability to still feel, all of which other drugs (especially Zoloft) prevented, leaving me feeling like a zombie. Luvox let me be me without my OCD and generally with it, I am a happier, more positive and creative person."

TLBW May 25, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Been on Luvox for 270 days and it's been good."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had attempted suicide and was convinced my life was over prior to being on this, it saved my life plain and simple. I take risperdal to augment the effect of luvox. If you find the luvox isn't working entirely try adding on an antipsychotic, it did wonders for me. I have schizophrenia and OCD, so having an antipsychotic is absolutely essential. But yeah, Luvox has done wonders for me. It may take a few months before you feel the full effects though. I just got raised to 200mg and so far so good. Thank you Luvox."

JonSnow2013 March 30, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It totally solved my Severe OCD and , to some extent, social anxiety"

Reeme March 10, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Luvox for many years, it has normalized my emotions/anxiety levels. I have gone off it once or twice but depression & anxiety have once again flared to the unbearable. I sometimes feel tired but I also have fibromyalgia so that could be causing it. I often have a dry mouth & experience low libido but nothing as bad as the hopelessness I felt when not on it - Luvox has improved the quality of my life"

SVeeBee February 27, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This may be the most effective drug for OCD (or a close second to clomipramine [ANAFRANIL]). It is inexpensive, and for me worked within a week to calm down intrusive thoughts and lifted my overall mood. I have been on and off this medication 3-4 times, and it worked each time to save me from crippling depression. That said, like all SSRIs, this medication caused sexual dysfunction (difficulty having an orgasm, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction), which was a deal breaker for me, even with OCD. I will say, however, that IN MY EXPERIENCE, the sexual dysfunction caused by fluvoxamine was not as bad as the dysfunction caused by paroxetine [PAXIL], sertraline [ZOLOFT], or Anafranil."

RWi February 1, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I've had a severe depression with anxiety. I must have tried countless products, one worse than the next. I've been on Cipralex for 15 years - but it stopped working. Latuda was terrible - why did they give it to me??... I can't even recall half the names. Finally, there's a perfect solution for me. It's so terrific I need to share it. I take Cymbalta (min. dose) in the morning (with my synthroid), and take Luvox (min. dose) at night, along with half a zoplicone (7.5 mg) for sleeping. I haven't felt this well since I can remember. The Cymbalta takes care of my fibromyalgia / headaches, and the Luvox has cleared away all the anxiety. It's a miracle. It's been a month now. I'm back to work and feeling well."

Thea-B.D. January 23, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Use this drug with precaution. I am a female in my early 20's. I was prescribed luvox for severe OCD and within a week on it, my OCD spiraled out of control and impaired my ability to function. My psychiatrist initiated the weening process way too quickly and I am currently experiencing sickening withdrawal symptoms (Throwing up, vertigo, hot flashes, quivering). Everyone's body is different, so for some people it may be of help. Just be honest with your doctor about if you feel any adverse reaction and make sure you get on the medicine gradually. My psychiatrist put me on a high dose too rapidly. Good luck, guys!"

Qte345 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016