User Reviews for Luvox

Anxiety and Stress 18 reviews 9 medications

4.7
Summary of Luvox reviews 58 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Luvox

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug literally saved my life. When I was first diagnosed with OCD I took other meds for it with often very bad side effects. FINALLY I was put on Luvox. I have been taking it for over 18 years now. Like I said before it saved my life."

Andrew Norman (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "My son was prescribed this for anxiety and racing thoughts... Helped initially with improved mood... but very tired. After a week or 2 noticed noticed increase in impulsive behaviour... lying, stealing, cheating, rudeness. Sleep remain reduced and diarrheoa and headaches. We have finally reduced it off... but still quite emotiinal"

Loz83 September 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a Brazilian boy, 21yrs old and i suffer from mild depression and GAD. Effexor was the holy grail for my HUGE anxiety, unfortunely it came along with sexual problems. My doc said Luvox had a lower chance of having these kind of side effects. Its been a month since I switched to it and i felt nothing but a 70% return in my anxiety using half of the maximum daily dosage. Still cant ejaculate neither have the same libido as i used to."

Adrian123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started taking this drug over 15 years ago whenever I had unwanted mind chatter going on. It wasn't like I heard voices in my head like crazy people, just my thoughts going crazy almost allowed to keep me awake. If someone said hey I like that color blue on you, I would think it's because I look fat in other colors really bad another color and then I would start obsessing about that. It really was a prison that I was in and obsessing on things that were small and absolutely had nothing to do with my life. Luvox 100% almost as if it took away every single one of those problems that I had and no longer have any sort of Mind chatter or even think much about if someone gives me a compliment other than hey thanks."

DanniiCatera July 7, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug saved my life. Really helps control the obsessive thoughts. I have been taking it 5 years. Only side effect is increased sweating, but it's no big deal."

Mandy lynn June 29, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "To be clear, I am on luvox for its entire spectrum of effect-- OCD, anxiety and stress, and major depressive disorder. I have been on almost every single drug on the market, and Luvox is consistently the only one that has ever worked. The luvox/latuda (atypical antipsychotic) combination worked wonders for me in the past, and though I am only on luvox now, it has definitely helped with curbing recurrent, insistent thoughts of hopelessness and despair. It has blunted my anxiety, and after years of depression, I am starting to feel a little better. Just tired as all get out, though!"

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking generic brand of Luvox just over 14 years now. It seemed to work for the first few years but it would only reduce the intrusive thoughts and anxiety where you could manage throughout the day. I just switched to Luvox brand name a couple of days ago. I just got my life back. I practically feel cured. I am more mentally focused, my concentration is much better, and most importantly my intrusive unwanted thoughts area pretty much gone. I feel like I can carry the world on my shoulders. Luvox brand name has changed my life forever. I hope it continues to do so for the years to come. I thank God for giving me the idea to try and switch from generic to brand !!!!!!!!"

Joeyc May 21, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This medication works fine it just makes me really drowsy and I yawn so much,it also makes me go to the restroom more. Other than that it works fine"

Brygitte May 5, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This medication has helped me for years and works excellent. I wouldn't trust anything else!"

Hannah M. April 22, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks and soon my OCD was out of control. I was switched to Luvox and have improved greatly. However, I'm always tired and yet still can't sleep. I've heard that some side effects can improve over time - hoping this happens for me."

Luvncoopy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've been on Luvox for 6 months now on 200 mg/day. I switched from Prozac because of libido problems, but it actually didn't make any difference. I completely lost interest in sex and got weight really fast. My OCD is controlled, but I feel depressed, sleeping a lot during day and nothing during night haha it's horrible... Also I compulsively scratch my head until it bleeds (tricotilomania?) and Prozac had helped me stop it. Now on Luvox, the problem is back. I'm switching back to Prozac or giving a try to Zoloft."

Heyheymama January 7, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Luvox was the second medication I tried for OCD. I was only on the lowest dose of this medication for 4 days, because the side effects were unbearable. About 4 hours after taking this medication, I became incredibly sedated and out of it. The drowsiness was so pronounced that I did not wish to continue this med. Since I had no where near reached the therapeutic dose of this medication, I hope that my rating doesn't discourage one from trying it. All SSRI's are notorious for having some inital side effects before you see their benefit; I just couldn't make it to that stage."

juliagulia65 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It has worked very well for my OCD, I've been taking it for 6 months now and all side effects have gone away. I recommend Luvox for OCD."

Alex T.S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was having major anxiety and depression. I sought therapy for a year and nothing was helping. I tried Amitriptyline, Prozac, Lexapro, and I don't know what else I can't remember. I found a psychiatrist that immediately diagnosed me as OCD at 30(!!). Mainly O with some compulsions that are highly functioning. This drug stopped the depression in weeks at 50mg. Compulsions were so much more manageable. After two years it just stopped working. We've gone up to 100mg and I started getting blurry vision. 125mg and I was highly agitated and depressed. Not sure where to go from here."

OCD1983 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Absolutely amazing! I was in a terrible spot with my harm OCD..... And then this miracle of a drug came along! It's almost like its a physical volume knob that turns your thoughts down... To the point where they are still there, but so quiet they're insignificant. ONLY reason I gave it a 9/10 is because it took a while to work.... But that's different for everyone. If you're reading this and are wondering if it's going to even work... I have been on it for a solid 8 weeks, and I'm JUST now starting to feel the effects. I literally have trouble falling asleep now, only because I'm excited about tomorrow! :)"

Anonymous September 30, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Absolutely amazing! I was in a terrible spot with my harm OCD..... And then this miracle of a drug came along! It's almost like its a physical volume knob that turns your thoughts down... To the point where they are still there, but so quite they're insignificant. ONLY reason I have it a 9/10 is because it took a while to work.... But that's different for everyone. If you're reading this and are wondering if it's going to even work... I have been on it for a solid 8 weeks, and I'm JUST now starting to feel the effects. I literally have trouble falling asleep now, only because I'm excited about tomorrow! :)"

LudaCHRIS97 September 30, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Saved my life plain and simple. Taking the drug for 18 years now fluctuating between 100 and 400mg over the years. The thoughts consumed my every waking moment, smothering me, making it impossible to live. In the times I've gone off the drug over the years my symptoms resurfaced, only to be reigned in by Luvox. Yes there are side effects, but they are nothing that can't be tolerated when the alternative is death."

Prometheus bound (taken for 10 years or more) September 22, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I immediately noticed my anxiety went down but I had to stop taking the medication because I would sleep up to 16 hours a day, which was not practical as a law student. I also experienced severe nausea and headaches. I felt extremely frustrated that I was prescribed this medication by my doctor."

Renee92 August 16, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "One week and a half and so far so good - takes me down several notches for anxiety, which is good! I've had OCD for over 35 years and it's going to be v hard to break - it may be helping a smidge?"

Trishy Trish Gee June 28, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "After 10 years of struggling with heightening anxiety, I came very close to breaking point, and checked myself into a wonderful private psych hospital - which at the time, I found absolutely terrifying. Little did I know, my timing was perfect, as I met my new doctor (an angel/psychiatrist) who made an OCD diagnosis straight away. With him, I started on 100mg of Luvox, which had a positive effect within 2 days. We increased my dose to 200mg per night, which has continued to work superbly ever since (and it's been 1.5 years). I can't speak highly enough of Luvox, which is the one and only medication I've tried. The biggest thing I've learnt about OCD, is that the 'cure' (aka, return to the healthy pool) = medication + psychology + lifestyle!"

Courageous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This medication has helped me tremendously. I'm not sure how I lived without it. It took about a week of me taking the medication for my symptoms of OCD to improve, and ever since I have felt 99%. Once every few months I have my 'alright days', but then again, I do have my consecutive couple days that I forget to take them before I fall asleep.... :S :)"

Hann May 19, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "After being diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (2012)I began experiencing anxiety and depression excepting this life change and handling the symptoms. My doctor prescribed me Lexapro 20mg/daily which helped with mild anxiety and over all day to day stress. However, I still experienced heavy anxiety while traveling & taking on new projects/assignments at work. I explained that I felt that the Lexapro was great but not working in all situations. My doctor then switched me to Luvox 200mg/daily. I've been taking Luvox for less than a week now and am already experiencing dry mouth, lack of motivation, diarrhea, nausea, light headedness/faint, and being more emotional and irritable. Obviously not for me. Life over all was better with Lexapro."

Michaeld9815 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've been on Luvox for 12 years for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It was the first medication and I tried and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't try anything else."

Kijill (taken for 10 years or more) January 7, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I finally got the courage to talk to my GP about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and all the other issues it was creating. I was first OCD when 14 (Now 33) I was given some samples of Aropax back then and it seemed to eliminate the symptoms immediately, but over time and no planning for continued dosage, my condition worsened and led me to Luvox. I was really down and out. The Luvox initially made me very tired. Dimished Sex Drive and loss of appetite. The enhanced depression was getting to me. The initial 50mg dose was increased (I'm 6'5 115kgs) to 100mg. After 4-5 weeks this started getting better. The sleepiness became the opposite (hard to sleep). Take them at the same time every day and keep a journal of your improvement."

Aussie OCD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Luvox is fantastic - My Dr put me on it first up, I didn't try any other medicines, and I've been on it for over a year now, and have happily lived almost symptom free. The only thing is when I miss it one or two nights I become a bit of a mess, crying and feeling anxious. Also, I'm starting to feel a bit of depression which is odd for me, but I think it will just be a matter of lowering the dose - It was so bad I was on 300mg and 2mg of Risperidone, but now down to 300mg Luvox only, but perhaps should try going down to 200mg to see if the motivation comes back."

ElleTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2014