User Reviews for Luvox

8.3
Anxiety and Stress 22 reviews 9 medications

Summary of Luvox reviews 70 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Luvox

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a life-long sufferer of OCD - started when I was 7-8 years old when OCD wasn't even a common word or diagnosis - am now 52. I tried many drugs in the 1990s - most had awful side effects. I found Luvox in 1994 (from a knowledgeable MD) and it helped. I managed to live a productive life. I stopped taking it 5 years ago - thinking I could use my life skills to cope with OCD and anxiety, but learned behavioral and coping skills can only work to a certain extent in a person whose brain chemistry and/or neurons are not functioning correctly. My doctor recommended I get back on it, so I am starting it up again. For what its worth: therapy can greatly help an OCD victim - and IMO the best therapists are the ones that have or had OCD themselves."

PJK Grizz (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I took luvox after coming off sertraline for bad side effect, my main problem are insomnia and I can't sleep at night after I had my baby 6 month ago. I started 1st on 25 mg for about 3 days and after that 50mg for the next 2 weeks. I can feel the different in my anxiety but sleep and mood not improved. My pdoc increase my dose to 75mg , but it seems to make me even worst. Then after 2 week my pdoc increase the dose to 100mg. I can feel the difference but not in good way. My moods are still low and I just don't wanna do anything. My sleep also has not improved. I'm struggling every day. I developed new instrusive thought too. I can't hold it anymore because this AD do make me worst than before. Bad AD !!!!!!!"

azrwty June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on it from 2 months for my anxiety and its working pretty fine but I've decreased libido and low sexual drive and its concerning for a young guy to have this sort of side effects. I am gonna consult my doctor about this"

PalashT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was first put on this med in 1995 to deal with my OCD which manifests itself in compulsive negative thought and inability to overcome negativity, as well as occasional wishing I would die and suicidal thoughts (never acted upon). Due to frequent professionally-caused moves around the world, periodically Luvox was unavailable to me, so I was placed on alternatives such as Zoloft and others, all of which had heavy side effects. The best thing for me about Luvox was my ability to cope, no sexual side effects, and also the ability to still feel, all of which other drugs (especially Zoloft) prevented, leaving me feeling like a zombie. Luvox let me be me without my OCD and generally with it, I am a happier, more positive and creative person."

TLBW May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Been on Luvox for 270 days and it's been good."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had attempted suicide and was convinced my life was over prior to being on this, it saved my life plain and simple. I take risperdal to augment the effect of luvox. If you find the luvox isn't working entirely try adding on an antipsychotic, it did wonders for me. I have schizophrenia and OCD, so having an antipsychotic is absolutely essential. But yeah, Luvox has done wonders for me. It may take a few months before you feel the full effects though. I just got raised to 200mg and so far so good. Thank you Luvox."

JonSnow2013 March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It totally solved my Severe OCD and , to some extent, social anxiety"

Reeme March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Luvox for many years, it has normalized my emotions/anxiety levels. I have gone off it once or twice but depression & anxiety have once again flared to the unbearable. I sometimes feel tired but I also have fibromyalgia so that could be causing it. I often have a dry mouth & experience low libido but nothing as bad as the hopelessness I felt when not on it - Luvox has improved the quality of my life"

SVeeBee February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This may be the most effective drug for OCD (or a close second to clomipramine [ANAFRANIL]). It is inexpensive, and for me worked within a week to calm down intrusive thoughts and lifted my overall mood. I have been on and off this medication 3-4 times, and it worked each time to save me from crippling depression. That said, like all SSRIs, this medication caused sexual dysfunction (difficulty having an orgasm, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction), which was a deal breaker for me, even with OCD. I will say, however, that IN MY EXPERIENCE, the sexual dysfunction caused by fluvoxamine was not as bad as the dysfunction caused by paroxetine [PAXIL], sertraline [ZOLOFT], or Anafranil."

RWi February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've had a severe depression with anxiety. I must have tried countless products, one worse than the next. I've been on Cipralex for 15 years - but it stopped working. Latuda was terrible - why did they give it to me??... I can't even recall half the names. Finally, there's a perfect solution for me. It's so terrific I need to share it. I take Cymbalta (min. dose) in the morning (with my synthroid), and take Luvox (min. dose) at night, along with half a zoplicone (7.5 mg) for sleeping. I haven't felt this well since I can remember. The Cymbalta takes care of my fibromyalgia / headaches, and the Luvox has cleared away all the anxiety. It's a miracle. It's been a month now. I'm back to work and feeling well."

Thea-B.D. January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Use this drug with precaution. I am a female in my early 20's. I was prescribed luvox for severe OCD and within a week on it, my OCD spiraled out of control and impaired my ability to function. My psychiatrist initiated the weening process way too quickly and I am currently experiencing sickening withdrawal symptoms (Throwing up, vertigo, hot flashes, quivering). Everyone's body is different, so for some people it may be of help. Just be honest with your doctor about if you feel any adverse reaction and make sure you get on the medicine gradually. My psychiatrist put me on a high dose too rapidly. Good luck, guys!"

Qte345 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed this drug for ocd, depression, and anxiety. I couldn't take it for longer than 2 days. It did not help me with anxiety or depression only made it worse. If you take this drug and it makes you feel awful you're not the only one."

someone who took this drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug literally saved my life. When I was first diagnosed with OCD I took other meds for it with often very bad side effects. FINALLY I was put on Luvox. I have been taking it for over 18 years now. Like I said before it saved my life."

Andrew Norman (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "My son was prescribed this for anxiety and racing thoughts... Helped initially with improved mood... but very tired. After a week or 2 noticed noticed increase in impulsive behaviour... lying, stealing, cheating, rudeness. Sleep remain reduced and diarrheoa and headaches. We have finally reduced it off... but still quite emotiinal"

Loz83 September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a Brazilian boy, 21yrs old and i suffer from mild depression and GAD. Effexor was the holy grail for my HUGE anxiety, unfortunely it came along with sexual problems. My doc said Luvox had a lower chance of having these kind of side effects. Its been a month since I switched to it and i felt nothing but a 70% return in my anxiety using half of the maximum daily dosage. Still cant ejaculate neither have the same libido as i used to."

Adrian123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started taking this drug over 15 years ago whenever I had unwanted mind chatter going on. It wasn't like I heard voices in my head like crazy people, just my thoughts going crazy almost allowed to keep me awake. If someone said hey I like that color blue on you, I would think it's because I look fat in other colors really bad another color and then I would start obsessing about that. It really was a prison that I was in and obsessing on things that were small and absolutely had nothing to do with my life. Luvox 100% almost as if it took away every single one of those problems that I had and no longer have any sort of Mind chatter or even think much about if someone gives me a compliment other than hey thanks."

DanniiCatera July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug saved my life. Really helps control the obsessive thoughts. I have been taking it 5 years. Only side effect is increased sweating, but it's no big deal."

Mandy lynn June 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "To be clear, I am on luvox for its entire spectrum of effect-- OCD, anxiety and stress, and major depressive disorder. I have been on almost every single drug on the market, and Luvox is consistently the only one that has ever worked. The luvox/latuda (atypical antipsychotic) combination worked wonders for me in the past, and though I am only on luvox now, it has definitely helped with curbing recurrent, insistent thoughts of hopelessness and despair. It has blunted my anxiety, and after years of depression, I am starting to feel a little better. Just tired as all get out, though!"

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking generic brand of Luvox just over 14 years now. It seemed to work for the first few years but it would only reduce the intrusive thoughts and anxiety where you could manage throughout the day. I just switched to Luvox brand name a couple of days ago. I just got my life back. I practically feel cured. I am more mentally focused, my concentration is much better, and most importantly my intrusive unwanted thoughts area pretty much gone. I feel like I can carry the world on my shoulders. Luvox brand name has changed my life forever. I hope it continues to do so for the years to come. I thank God for giving me the idea to try and switch from generic to brand !!!!!!!!"

Joeyc May 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This medication works fine it just makes me really drowsy and I yawn so much,it also makes me go to the restroom more. Other than that it works fine"

Brygitte May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This medication has helped me for years and works excellent. I wouldn't trust anything else!"

Hannah M. April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks and soon my OCD was out of control. I was switched to Luvox and have improved greatly. However, I'm always tired and yet still can't sleep. I've heard that some side effects can improve over time - hoping this happens for me."

Luvncoopy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've been on Luvox for 6 months now on 200 mg/day. I switched from Prozac because of libido problems, but it actually didn't make any difference. I completely lost interest in sex and got weight really fast. My OCD is controlled, but I feel depressed, sleeping a lot during day and nothing during night haha it's horrible... Also I compulsively scratch my head until it bleeds (tricotilomania?) and Prozac had helped me stop it. Now on Luvox, the problem is back. I'm switching back to Prozac or giving a try to Zoloft."

Heyheymama January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Luvox was the second medication I tried for OCD. I was only on the lowest dose of this medication for 4 days, because the side effects were unbearable. About 4 hours after taking this medication, I became incredibly sedated and out of it. The drowsiness was so pronounced that I did not wish to continue this med. Since I had no where near reached the therapeutic dose of this medication, I hope that my rating doesn't discourage one from trying it. All SSRI's are notorious for having some inital side effects before you see their benefit; I just couldn't make it to that stage."

juliagulia65 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It has worked very well for my OCD, I've been taking it for 6 months now and all side effects have gone away. I recommend Luvox for OCD."

Alex T.S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015