User Reviews for Luvox

Anxiety and Stress
5.5

Summary of Luvox reviews 7.4 90 reviews

Reviews for Luvox

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've only been on this a week and it has done wonders for my OCD ,the intrusive invading thoughts have gone from an all day problem to minimal much more manageable problem to deal with because they were going out of control before and were getting out of hand. ."

Ab August 30, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Luvox was really effective for my social anxiety!! 200 mg a day it was very good I feel calm."

Minao (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Works very quickly for OCD. Was on Luvox for almost fifteen years. Went off it for four years. OCD symptoms returned, so I went back on my previous dose and got chronic insomnia. The severe OCD thoughts went away within days though so I continued use. I lowered the dose and the insomnia dissipated after about 3 weeks. Have been back on it about six weeks and feeling much better. Am currently on 100mg."

npocko (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This was a fantastic drug for my OCD. Been taking it for over a year. I had tried SSRIs (Lexapro, Cymbalta) and they weren’t very effective. I worked my way up to 200mg of Luvox at one point (very high-had bad side effects) and slowly tapered it down to 100mg, and I still get just as good results. The only thing I have to complain about this med is the side effects- they’re quite intense! I had bad insomnia the first 2-3 weeks, the nausea persisted the entire time I’ve been on it, appetite and libido diminishes completely. However, my obsessive thoughts are far less irritating and intrusive. If they appear, they don’t bother me nearly as much and I can function so much better. This was a godsend for an uptight, OCD person like myself, though I wish there were less side effects."

Anxhelp11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "Tried all the SSRIs before resorting to this drug for GAD and panic disorder. Made me severely depressed within hours of taking it. I even had an anxiety attack cuz. I had thoughts of suicide. Got so scared of my own thoughts that I checked into the ER for the first time. I told my doctors about having suicidal thoughts due to this drug. She didn't believe me. She said I was probably depressed due to anxiety. Oh yeah, this drug gave me shortness of breath which made my anxiety even worse. I don't recommend this drug to my friends or family."

alimills03 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "After many years of depression and anxiety, and many different meds, my psych. started me on Luvox. Right away I had trouble sleeping; I was awake by 2:30am and then restless rest of night. Still, I woke up full of energy & feeling good and was very productive. After a few days I noticed this energy turned to severe anxiety. I was also from the start feeling chilled, almost like I was getting sick. Body aches became more prevalent and feeling totally run down. The last 2 days chest pain on and off.... not sure if anxiety or something worse. It's sad, what started off as promising, soon turned to out to be another reject."

dingogirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had a great experience with Luvox, personally. I had very few side effects aside from being quite tired in the first few months (I was on a 300mg dose w/2mg risperidone). A big factor for me was that I hadn’t had OCD symptoms very long when I went on the medication and I did a LOT of CBT therapy - So when I came off the medication I had the tools to help myself. I was on Luvox for 3 years while doing the intensive therapy for my incredibly severe symptoms. I’m now off the medication and have (touch wood!) not had an OCD symptom in over a year. If I do relapse though, I will go straight back to Luvox."

KT90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress "The worst drug I have ever take in my life. It gave me severe anxiety. Made me so tired and I can't sleep, and I got a seveer stomach pain , electric shocks. I don't recommend it at all."

Leen90 June 10, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I switched to Luvox because Effexor was making my cholesterol go through the roof and now the sexual side effects are back and I'm more tired than usual. I take 450mg Wellbutrin with it along with various supplements. I'm going to give it a few weeks before trying something else."

mihulka3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "If you're having trouble was Luvox making you tired take it before bed or have a doctor prescribe 300 mg of Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a cousin of Amphetamine."

RM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Switched from Prozac to Luvox. I already feel a difference in my depression. So far so good!!!"

Allie K. (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It's a miracle is what it is. This med allows me to function. Tried so many things and this is the only med to help with OCD. Took away a bunch of compulsions and anxiety associated with them. I find it easier to push away thoughts. Side effects- night sweats, sexual dysfunction, tiredness. Doesn't work on depression it seems though its an SSRI. Still with these side effects it's a miracle drug. Saved me. Been on 300mg for years. I should say going on it is hell, constant anxiety and panic and then one day it just drops and you feel better. It gets worse before it gets better. If you take this and feel terribly anxious, it's working. Push through."

anxiouscharlie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "On Luvox I woke up one morning and just decided I didn't need to bite my nails anymore. After 40 years of nail biting I'm cured. It's also helped my OCD disappear. It's an amazing medication!"

Me12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started taking Luvox for my OCD in 2007....50 my a day, then increase by 50 mg once a week until I reach a daily dose of 400 mg. At 350 mg per day, I began to feel like I could stop doing the repetitive behaviors, and at 400 mg, my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ceased to exist! It. literally disappeared from my brain, like I never even had it!! I love Luvox, and I wouldn't give up the freedom I have without OCD - for the world."

Corizus (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "After growing up much of my life leaving myself undiagnosed, I decided to start therapy for OCD and anxiety. I later decided to start taking medicine. I'm only 18 years old. They put me on Fluvoxamine/ Luvox. I'm currently on 200mg. It's harder to notice a difference since it took forever to kick in, but overall I feel much better, and I'm able to be more social and not stress out. I'm able to let things go. The only side effect I notice is tiredness. However I'm able to cope."

redskins98ac November 4, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I once had a horrible experience in my life losing a friend but then I got over it but met another friend BUT my mind was making me think I would lose my new friend, like my old friend who stopped being my friend without telling me. Anyways I found out I had OCD & I started luvox. It did take a few extra weeks then expected but over the last month I've began to really not worry & have the compulsive consistent non stop worries! I've definitely came a long way. Especially that my friend assured me if he would stop being my friend he would let me know"

Koolken92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I know this medicine is supposed to be great but the internal tremors are driving me crazy. I've been on luvox for a week now and the tremors make my anxiety 10 times worse! I also have a raspy voice that comes and goes."

Bellafarber October 10, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking Luvox since 1998. I always knew something was strange about the way I acted growing up lol. As I grew up, married, and had a child, life became very scary to me. I worried constantly, fearing death for those around me. I suddenly had an episode of what is referred to as an anxiety attack. I thought I was dying... it was a horrible experience, and before I finally went to a social worker seeking help (and that was very hard for me to admit to myself) I'd had a couple more of these anxiety/panic attacks... So... the social worker diagnosed me with OCD. She worked along with my M.D. whom I still see to this day and trust very much & decided to give the medication she recommended to him for me a try. ... continued"

Foondigirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Was switched to luvox from lexapro since we found out my anxiety and depression is stemmed from my OCD. Ruminations and cleaning OCD tendencies. I cannot explain how INCREDIBLE that has completely flipped my mindset off (in a good way). I no longer need to take my high doses of xanax to sleep, I do not need to take xanax during the day, I also do not need to take my adderall to concentrate anymore. I know this is an older drug, but I wish I would have known about this before the lexapro!"

teacherteacher14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed this medication when I was 14 for OCD and panic attacks. During my time on it I took between 150 and 200 mg and had a very negative reaction. The medicine made me unbearably tired, so much so that I experienced visual hallucinations due to such extreme exhausting. Also, I now have major gaps in my memory from that time. I think Luvox can be effective, but be careful with it, especially if you're young and/or very small (I was less than 100 pounds at the time so you can imagine how I'd react to a dose like that). It got rid of many of my anxiety and OCD symptoms, but at what cost? By far the strongest SSRI I have ever taken. Tread carefully."

mary9090 July 26, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am a life-long sufferer of OCD - started when I was 7-8 years old when OCD wasn't even a common word or diagnosis - am now 52. I tried many drugs in the 1990s - most had awful side effects. I found Luvox in 1994 (from a knowledgeable MD) and it helped. I managed to live a productive life. I stopped taking it 5 years ago - thinking I could use my life skills to cope with OCD and anxiety, but learned behavioral and coping skills can only work to a certain extent in a person whose brain chemistry and/or neurons are not functioning correctly. My doctor recommended I get back on it, so I am starting it up again. For what its worth: therapy can greatly help an OCD victim - and IMO the best therapists are the ones that have or had OCD themselves."

PJK Grizz (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I took luvox after coming off sertraline for bad side effect, my main problem are insomnia and I can't sleep at night after I had my baby 6 month ago. I started 1st on 25 mg for about 3 days and after that 50mg for the next 2 weeks. I can feel the different in my anxiety but sleep and mood not improved. My pdoc increase my dose to 75mg , but it seems to make me even worst. Then after 2 week my pdoc increase the dose to 100mg. I can feel the difference but not in good way. My moods are still low and I just don't wanna do anything. My sleep also has not improved. I'm struggling every day. I developed new instrusive thought too. I can't hold it anymore because this AD do make me worst than before. Bad AD !!!!!!!"

azrwty June 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on it from 2 months for my anxiety and its working pretty fine but I've decreased libido and low sexual drive and its concerning for a young guy to have this sort of side effects. I am gonna consult my doctor about this"

PalashT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was first put on this med in 1995 to deal with my OCD which manifests itself in compulsive negative thought and inability to overcome negativity, as well as occasional wishing I would die and suicidal thoughts (never acted upon). Due to frequent professionally-caused moves around the world, periodically Luvox was unavailable to me, so I was placed on alternatives such as Zoloft and others, all of which had heavy side effects. The best thing for me about Luvox was my ability to cope, no sexual side effects, and also the ability to still feel, all of which other drugs (especially Zoloft) prevented, leaving me feeling like a zombie. Luvox let me be me without my OCD and generally with it, I am a happier, more positive and creative person."

TLBW May 25, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Been on Luvox for 270 days and it's been good."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017