User Reviews for Paxil

Postpartum Depression 5.9
Summary of Paxil reviews 7.0 800 reviews

Reviews for Paxil

Tricks · Taken for 10 years or more July 28, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Love this Paxil medication. I have been taking it for 10 years and only once had thoughts of suicide. They upped the dose to 30 mg. It has been the best thing I have ever taken”

Luna · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I took Paxil for 4 months until the teeth grinding became so unbearable it hurt very badly to eat. So I stopped it. 3 months later I am having the same level of nighttime teeth grinding, which has been causing major health issues. I wake up every morning with a terrible migraine. I read it can cause lifelong teeth grinding. I’ve never done this before taking Paxil.”

Dor agam June 16, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I have been taking this medicine for 2 and a half weeks, I have been feeling better ! I feel like my old self again I’m less anxious and obsessed about sleep. Paxil is a life savior”

PJ June 10, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I commenced on Aropax nearly 25 years ago. It was a miracle drug for me. Within 36 hrs I could not remember what a panic attack felt like. I couldn’t bring one on just by thinking about having one. I have been on and off them over the years, mostly took only 10mg but now I am on 20mg.”

Skye · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Depression: “Seems like a lot of people have a good experience with Paxil and I really wish I could say the same. I took it for about 2.5 months and had chronic diarrhea the whole time which only seemed to get worse as time went on. And of course the usual sexual side effects that come with SSRIs. I couldn't handle it anymore, having diarrhea for that long just left me feeling very sick all the time. So I tapered off which is where things have gone from bad to worse. I've never had a problem coming off of any type of medication in my life but this is HORRIBLE. Brain zaps, nightmares, highly increase depression and crying spells. This stuff is freaking poison to my body. I would never recommend this to anyone.”

Robby · Taken for 10 years or more June 5, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “Upped my paxil dose from 20mg to 30mg. 6 weeks ago and still have small anxiety. I have been on 20mg for 20 year and worked well I needed a boost. Can it take this long? I had no anxiety for almost 20 years.”

MaryMac · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I’ve been taking Paxil for almost a year now. I struggled with social anxiety all my life, but it was manageable. But when I started college, it got really bad. It got to the point where I couldn’t order food at a restaurant or buy a bag of chips at the gas station without feeling nauseous. My doctor thought Paxil would and put me in 20mg. And it really has made a huge difference. I can function like a normal human now. I’m not suddenly a social butterfly or anything, I’m still a rather shy person. This drug won’t change your personality, but it does help alleviate anxious symptoms associated with social situations.”

Ky · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I've been on almost every antidepressant out there (save for some tricyclics) for major depressive disorder and none helped enough to justify the side effects. I was on Paxil briefly when I was 14, but stopped it due to insurance problems. I started it again a couple of months ago and it has been incredible. I started out at a dose 10mg, had some nausea but nothing major and it went away after a couple of weeks. I've now been on 20mg dose for almost three weeks and am experiencing some nausea again and headaches, but emotionally, I feel fantastic. I didn't have a severe PTSD anniversary reaction this year thanks to this medication. I feel good. I care about things. I feel like I can handle setbacks without wanting to just give up. This has truly been a miracle for me so far.”

Teeth grinding · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Second time in a few weeks I have tried the generic Paxil has anyone else experienced teeth grinding and severe muscle lockdown? I guess that is why I can’t stick with it. I take Klonopin and Valium. Would Zoloft be a better alternative I would like to reduce the anxiety medications. Been on lamictal jacked up thyroid currently reducing Depakote ER because of side effects”

Cubbie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I was diagnosed with severe depression and panic disorder many years ago which was associated with fibromyalgia. I had been on all types of medicines and even spent time in a mental health unit. Fast forward to present my psychiatrist and i discussed trying out paxil which my sister had suggested to me since nothing else was working In feb 2020 i started on 20mg of paxil, at first i had horrible night sweats, lack of sleep, foggy dizzy head but i decided to keep on it. So dr increased me over time and now I'm at 40mg i take before bed and i must say it's a MIRACLE medication for me!! I care about things, more energy and try to enjoy life as much as possible.. Only side effect is my vision ain't the best and i eat more then usual and I'm having alot of memory problems with forgetfulness. But idc this med is the best thing to ever happen to me mental health wise!! Thank you God!!”

Junie April 30, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I was prescribed 12.5 mg of Paxil for PTSD. I have been on it a year. It gave me horrible nightmares and upon awakening I felt so overwhelmed and depressed it was awful. I suffered through this for a year while Drs told me the Paxil would not cause my symptoms. I had never felt this horrible in my life. I finally found a new psychiatrist and told her about my problems with SSRIs. I was put on Trintellix a week ago. Today is the first day in a year that I felt good just waking up in the morning. I hope it lasts. I also am a mental health professional and have some understanding of antidepressants or I would have just given up and believed what the doctors told me about the antidepressants not causing my symptoms. No one really knows how the psychoactive meds work and they can affect any one person differently than another. So my advice is to believe yourself if you think a med is causing you negative side effects and don't give up until you find what works for you.”

Nothx · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “Was prescribed Paxil at a young age for generalized anxiety. Eventually it moved into panic attacks and depression. When this medication works it works well, but when it quits it’s the worst thing you can imagine. It quit working (paxil poopout) and I had tremors, severe depression, derealization, depersonalization, panic attacks, bad thoughts, crying, lost 20lbs. I’ve been withdrawing for almost a year now from this medicine. THE WITHDRAW FROM THIS IS SIMILAR TO HEROIN. Please steer clear of this medication. It’s not worth the horrible wit withdraw it will give you.”

Jasmine April 24, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “Paroxetine has changed my life. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder about 2-3 years ago and started on paroxetine back then, within a month almost all of my anxiety was gone. It didn't make me gain any more weight than I would have on my own, I've always struggled with eating disorders and if anything the paroxetine helped with that as well. If you take it for a week or two you won't be getting the real effect, take it for 1-2 months before deciding if it's the right medication for you; you really do need you give it a chance to work. Good luck!”

Gordon · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 17, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I need sunlight or D vitamin to work miracle with the Paxil !!!Not so good for Winter months, because they have sedating approach to CNS!Good for short or long term use!Every time works great! ps. Add some supplements of fish oil or natural vitamin d,for boost metabolism”

B · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 1, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “It has been many years since I took Paxil. I took Paxil as a child to help me with my anxiety, specifically social anxiety. I would have terrible stomach aches before and during school because I was so crippled with anxiety. I had a few friends, but never made an attempt to meet anyone new. I was prescribed Paxil and my life made a 180! I became very social and made a lot of friends very fast. I loved the life I was having! The downside and ultimately why I stopped was because I didn't have a care in the world and the hurt my schooling. I started to get behind on homework which hurt my grades.”

Still There March 27, 2020

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Every medicine is different and it also depends on what else are you taking with this medication..”

Doc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “Paxil made me gain about 50 pounds so I got off it. It didn't even work that well for my anxiety. The withdrawal coming off it were a nightmare - seriously - this drug is awful. My doctor said the weight gain is likely permanent :(”

JC69 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Paxil has some side effects like ED, and sexual dysfunction that I don't like as well as weight gain, but I recently discovered that adding prisiq or Effexor helps a lot with depression when Paxil alone isn't enough and it somewhat helps with sexual disorders. Still ask your doctor if this combination is right for you because it doesn't help everyone. Start slow and you don't need a high dose either. Paxil is effective for anxiety and Pristiq is effective for depression. The combo works for me..”

Papaz · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2020

For Depression: “I was on this Paxil for 11 years, it didn't help my depression but it managed to ruin my life when I came off it too quickly under the advice of my doctor. Fast forward to present day. I now use a mobility scooter / electric bike due to suffering horrible physical symptoms of CFS /M.E. which were triggered by coming off this drug 11 YEARS AGO. My circadian rhythm is utterly destroyed as is my stamina. I constantly live in a heightened state of hyper arousal. I have no energy and constantly have to meditate 2 hours to get back 20% of the health I used to have. (That is only until the symptoms slowly return with any activity) These drugs are dangerous and wreck lives. I am a real person and the above story is true.”

Code · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “Lin- I didn’t mean to “report” you. My experience with Paxil has been very much the same! Just got to get through it and we will all be better people. Hang in there, you got this. Always Love”

KitKat · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

For Depression: “I have been on this medication for less than a week and already feel so much better than I did a week ago. Before I was having crying spells multiple times a day, major anxiety, depression, the works. Now I am able to get up, go back to work, and function normally again. I have only been on this medication a few days, but I am extremely thankful for it so far.”

Anonymous February 11, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was very skeptical about taking paxil as I’ve never taken a daily medication before. I started taking it and was on it for 4 days. On the fourth day I work up with this dizzy/ groggy feeling. I didn’t think much of it and then I took my medication for the day. I decided to take a nap due to the dizzy feeling and when I woke up I had the worst suicidal thoughts, my head felt even worse, my eyes couldn’t focus on anything, my pupils were dilated, my body felt extremely limp but I was shaking and I also had cold sweats. I called my doctor and she recommended I go to the hospital. I ended up not going because one of my friends had gone through the same thing and told me to stop taking the medication and just drink some water and eat some food. I felt better for the rest of the day but that night I only got 3 hours of sleep due to nightmares and suicidal thoughts.”

Twitching for life(?) · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

For Depression: “I suffer from anxiety, depression, and OCD. I was on the lowest dose of Paxil for a month and almost immediately developed twitching and a vocal tic that comes with the twitch. I had withdrawals after tapering off for about a week (per my doctors instructions) so I had to redo the taper over a month period of time. I’ve been off Paxil for 6 months and continue to have the twitches and vocal tics. I worry this is now a life long issue. It’s embarrassing when I’m in public and keep twitching or making involuntary sounds. I wish I never went on Paxil.”

Pqhe February 8, 2020

“My cousin took this while he was in college. He had life all in front of him, he was in a wreck and used this for head trauma medicine and a month later he took his own life. Don't trust this drug it is dangerous and deadly and you can't trust what they say about it”

FeelingWell · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

For Trichotillomania: “I have Excoriation disorder and I been on Paxil for 3 days and the difference was immediate, it has really helped me. I emerged from a relapse and have not picked since beginning Paxil. I also look in mirrors less and when I do I like my appearance much more”