User Reviews for Luvox CR

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 5.0
Summary of Luvox CR reviews 7.8 11 reviews

Reviews for Luvox CR

Dad April 15, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “Had a pretty positive experience on this med. Took about a month to really kick in, OCD intrusive thoughts lessened; while I continue to deal with anxiety, it’s been better overall on Luvox. Currently on 100mg.”

Anonymous August 29, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I’ve been on antidepressants for years. Prozac helped me but then stopped being effective. So I got prescribed Luvax. The biggest problem was the side effects. I had the most painful stomach cramps and diarrhea along with horrible anxiety and palpitations. These made me give up on sticking with it. I’m not sure if it would work well if I stuck with it but the side effects were too severe for me.”

Patsyb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 12, 2019

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I was given Luvox CR for panic disorder and no this doesn't work. It was a waste of my money on Co payments. My doctor gave me it and decreased my klonapin which never made any difference. Main reason for this is for OCD disorders”

Leah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 1, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Luvox is very effective for social anxiety disorder....”

Linah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 28, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Good for SA”

Rina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 7, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Very effective”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 20, 2012

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I was taking 300MG of this medication for almost 1 year. I stopped taking it for about 4 months because I wanted to see how I would feel being medication free. I faced withdrawal symptoms for 1-2 weeks after suddenly quitting from 300MG to nothing. The withdrawal symptoms weren't severe at all. During the time when I was on it, I had peace of mind. I can't describe the experience other than I felt so good that I have decided to start taking it once more. I suffered from Social Anxiety, OCD, and extreme depression.”

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Anxiety and Stress: “I have taken many SSRIs in the past and this one worked far better for me than any other. Unfortunately I no longer have health insurance or a job and can't afford it. I now take Celexa, but it doesn't work near as well.”

Anonymous July 13, 2011

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I have taken Luvox CR for 2 yrs and regular Luvox for 5 yrs before. I was taking 150mg at night but I have much better results taking it in the morning. Usual side effects (dry mouth etc.) dissipate in a few weeks. Best medicine for me and I pray it keeps working but 7 years total is pushing it.”

tdl86 August 2, 2010

For Anxiety and Stress: “I have very high stress levels and panic disorder. This has helped with my stress some and my anger levels have been a lot less severe. I take other medications for anxiety attacks so I don't think it has changed that any. My OCD hasn't changed either but I've never found a medication to change my compulsions or obsessive thoughts.”

Anonymous September 3, 2009

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I'm taking this for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I've taken it for about 6 months. It has helped slightly. My pharmacy couldn't order it fast enough so 3 days off of it, I had a headache and threw up at work. Overall, I have had help with this. I have to take it at night because it makes me very sleepy.”

karandben August 18, 2009

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I have some wierd combinations of "illnesses" I take this to help with PTSD, OCD, and ADHD. I am doing so much better overall, and better than any other drug I've tried for PTSD, so I am happy with this drug.”

TCC February 25, 2009

For Depression: “This medication did help improve my mood slightly, but had interactions with other prescription medications I was taking at the same time. It is very important to inform your doctor about what medicines you are taking and it is also VERY IMPORTANT TO ASK if there are any contraindications with these medications. This should not be a problem if you have a good relationship with your doctor.”

dra s. October 22, 2008

For Anorexia/Feeding Problems: “I've been using this drug for 3 months now (200 mg). It works great but makes it a bit hard to fall asleep.”