User Reviews for Ozempic

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
6.2

Reviews for Ozempic

InMiami June 15, 2021

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I just started Ozempic to help with weight loss. My first iunjection (0.25) was four days ago. I was nervous at first about injecting myself with anything. The needle doesn't hurt at all. I was also nervous about possible side effects after reading the reviews. I went through with it anyway and have had zero side effects. I'm pretty sure I've been eating less and haven't been as hungry. I think it has been curbing the hunger. I read one review that said to inject in the thigh, not the stomach, even though the instructions say either are fine, as well as the upper arm. My pharmacist recommended the stomach so that's what I did and I was completely fine. Here's hoping for some decent help with weight loss when used with eating better (and less) as well as some exercise. Make sure you refrigerate it. I didn't think to put it in the fridge until the next day and apparently my third pen (I got a 3 month supply) will have to be tossed which is very sad given how pricey this is.”

aggies1995 June 7, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started taking this 3 weeks ago. I didn’t really have any terrible side effects other than fatigue, but after my third injection, nausea, diarrhea and stomach pain hit me with a vengeance. I feel like I ate rotten eggs. I’m not sure I want to continue taking this. I might try injecting it in my thigh like some others have tried. I hope it works because my glucose readings have been in the 90s to 120.”

masco4ever · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “So far I love the results my A1C of 9.8 and now it is 5.6. From Aug 2020 to now I lost 67 lbs with diet and working out from the first week. I had a head ache but after nothing but positive results from low blood sugars ranging from 80 to 110. I kept checking I thought it was wrong lol but overall I tell everyone that is type 2 to speak to there doctor and see if it works for them......”

dana · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2020

“Started taking this medication off label for weight loss only, I am not diabetic. Started on Aug 30, 2020. First 2 weeks I had some mild nausea nothing terrible and some mild dizziness, the past 2 weeks I have had no symptoms. I definitely cannot eat what I use to or you will feel sick. I am doing the weekly injection at 0.25 along with weight watchers and in the past 26 days I have lost 10.5 lbs :). My sweet tooth cravings are pretty much gone. Really happy so far, I am increasing to 0.50mg next week. I'll keep you all posted!”

Zell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 29, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started ozempic 9 months ago. At the time I was a little over 200 lbs and was taking 1000 mg of metformin daily. Metformin had worked for me for almost 20 yrs so I didn't expect that is had suddenly stopped working. For 3 years I gained weight even though I worked out, and I thought it was just my appetite out of control. One random day I realized my metformin was the problem. I saw a new dr who prescribed ozempic. What a miracle! 9 months later and I’m down 40 lbs, my a1c dropped from 8.1 to 5.6, and I have virtually no symptoms from the drug other than fullness. The symptoms in the beginning did not last long either. Nausea, headache, fatigue...all cleared up within a week or 2 each time my dose was increased. It can cause what feels like constipation but for me it’s just that I simply haven’t eaten enough. This drug feels too good to be true. I’m so pleased with my experience so far!”

Teresa September 6, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I’ve been Ozempic for 4 weeks. I am so glad that my doctor sat me down and told me what to expect. She also asked if I could handle it. She said that if you can make it through the 4th week I promise it will get better. She was right. I was pretty sick the first two weeks. I learned that it had a lot to do with me trying to eat my normal intake of food. Once I started to catch a clue and making my portions smaller, I learned it would make me feel better. I could guarantee if I ate too much, I’d feel like crap. People aren’t kidding about the side effects. It’s real. But I made it and am now starting to feel better with each day. I’ve lost 18 pounds now and I’m amazed. Yes it makes you sick but if you keep trying to eat like you did it will be worse. You have to start listening to your body You can’t keep eating your same amounts and expect to lose weight.”

MzGormo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started on Ozempic Sept 2020, starting weight 312 lbs (5’ 4”). I am type 2 diabetic and take 2550mg of Metformin daily. HbA1c was 79, sugar cravings and blood sugar out of control. Started on 0.25 dose, for a month. Quite bad stomach cramps and nausea for the first month. Went up to 0.5 on month 2, then 1.0 dose for month 3 and since. No 1 tip - inject into your leg rather than around your belly. Once I changed to injecting in my leg, nausea and cramps disappeared overnight & never came back. To maximise effectiveness, you can’t eat like you did before. I re-joined Weight Watchers in Sept. I have lost 80lbs in 5 months, HBA1c dropped from 79 to 51 which is normal type 2 level although the doc feels with more weight loss, it could go to normal levels. In Ireland, diabetes is classed as a long term illness so all medications are covered by the government so I don’t have to pay for this. Otherwise costs €195.”

Mary March 6, 2021

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I was prescribed it for prediabetes and weight loss. Today in one week since my first injection and I lost 6 lbs....in one week, last diet (one of very many) it took me 3 month to lose 10 lb by starving myself, which tells you how elevated sugar prevents you to lose weight. I am not diabetic, my a1c 5.5. I has slight nausea and fatigue first 2 days and after that, it’s all gone and I never felt better, I have no cravings, I eat approximately 1000cal. A day and it’s more than enough, instead of contact thoughts of food I do other things that I USED to enjoy: exercise, etc. I am worried coming off ozempic before I lose all weight I need. It is a miracle drug for me! I hope it will help you all! If they keep working on meds like this it will reduce DT2 and obesity drastically”

Concerned · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started Ozempic in late December at .25 injection. I also take 500mg metformin per day. Soon after I started Ozempic I had decreased apetitite and my sugars improved, but I had reflux, gas, bloating, nausea and diarrhea. After 4 weeks I started .50. 2 weeks in I have bouts of painful constipation then diarrhea, nausea, bloating, gas, reflux and cramping. I've almost vomited a few times. When I eat it feels like the food just sits and sits, barely moving through my gut. My doctor wants me to stick with it, saying that these side effects usually improve, but It's been pretty miserable. I'm thinking I'm going to stop taking it. While Ozempic has been effective in regulating my sugars and losing weight, I don't think it's worth the suffering that I've been enduring on this medication. I understand that studies showed it causing thyroid cancer in mice, but no one knows if it causes thyroid cancer in humans. I don't want to be the guinea pig the drug makers use to find out it does.”

jamison42 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been on 0.5 Ozempic for 2 months now. The nausea is no better. I vomit almost every day. Driving down the road and I begin to vomit. Almost caused me to wreck my car twice now. I've lost 30 pounds and feel terrible. My stomach hurts all the time and now my back. I do not urinate much at all even though I've increased water. Calling today and going off it. Losing weight is great, but not at the cost of feeling horrible every day.”

Will · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Did the first 4 weeks o Ozempic @ .25 had mild stomach issues. Nausea was come and go really not consistent. Helped control my eating. Dr said if you over eat or eat like you used to you will throw up. There is no place for the over eating but up. Didn't over eat didn't have much issue. Took stool softener to keep things moving. At the .5 dose ate less but less side effects than my first dose. Glad I have started the med it works.”

Doubtful January 19, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took one Ozempic injection at .25 and ended up at ER 2 days later. I had horrible bloating. Burping smelled like eggs. Unstoppable vomiting and diarrhea. I ONLY TOOK ONE INJECTION and stopped the medicine. It has been 2 weeks and the medicine still making me sick. I'm just wondering how long it takes to fully leave your system? I just want to feel human again. I was tested for pancreatitis but was ok but dr said will repeat labs soon. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS MEDICATION TO ANYONE. PLEASE BE SAFE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.”

Maria B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started taking Ozempic in June 2020, initially lost 20 pounds by August. Total of 30 pounds so far, last 10 have been a lot slower. I went from 186 pounds to 156 pounds. A1c went from 6.5 to 5.6. Minimal side effects include occasional nausea and constipation. Started using miralax which has helped. Side effects I have experienced are worth the benefits. I consistently wake up with glucose levels in 80-90 range, never out of green zone on glucometer. I cannot over eat. If I do I feel ill or get heartburn so I have learned my lesson. I am really happy with this medication.”

Mac October 18, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Ozempic has caused me so much constipation !!! I know a side effect is diarrhea but it does the complete OPPOSITE for me . A day or two after I take my injection I have no bowel movements at all !! Every week I am forced to take a laxative . It has caused so many problems for me . Anyone else experienced severe constipation . So frustrated”

Saucy December 3, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Been on Ozempic since mid April 2020. All side effects listed with the worst being chronic diarrhea. Nausea has been significant, but has settled to occasionally. Trying to follow a more plant based diet I have lost today an official 60 pounds. I find the less meat I eat, the more energy I have, the better my blood sugars are as well. I am 53, so weight loss isn't impossible for us older ladies...”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was terrified to take this after reading some of the reviews online, but I have to say I am so happy I started this drug. I've followed others suggestions about injecting the drug into my upper thigh and not my abdomen. I was on a .25 dose for 4 weeks then moved to .5 and that's what I currently take. My appetite has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. I was addicted to eating junk foods, and I simply cannot eat them anymore, my stomach cannot handle them. I get full after eating one proper sized meal, and it keeps me going for most of the day, only having a snack like 1 apple in the evening. Side effects were mild for me, had some constipation but I started taking fiber supplements to help with that. I have been on the medication for 7 weeks now and I'm down 10lbs and I feel great. Make sure your doctor gets you to increase the dose slowly, inject into your thigh and be ready to make better dietary choices when starting this drug. I truly believe it saved me from morbid obesity.”

JE · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Ozempic for 4 months to reduce insulin resistance (caused by polycystic ovary syndrome). The medication has significantly reduced my appetite. I have had a few minor side effects - a stomach cramp here, an episode of diarrhea there...but nothing at all significant. My weight went from 151 (BMI 25.9) to 133 three months later (BMI 22.8). I honestly could not be happier.”

Margie September 27, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on Ozempic after taking Gliperide for several years. I started on 0.25mg then on to 1mg. I started having the nastiest burps ever, then diarrhea 3 to 4 times a day. After 3 months I went to a gastroenterologist and was diagnosed with gastroparesis, a side effect of Ozempic. I have all the side effects nasty ,offensive smelling burps, eye floaters in both eyes, bad diarrhea, stomach pain, now this disease that has caused pre cancer cells. Yes, my appetite has decreased, I have lost 15 lbs in 3 months, my numbers are good. But not worth being sick every day. Just found out my daughter is going thru the same exact thing. So take it at your own risk.”

Momo · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Ozempic for 16 months and have lost 80Lbs! I started at .25 and have moved up to 1. At first I was terribly sick but I took my time to adjust bit by bit while the dose was slowly raised and now I don't feel sick at all from it now! If you can hold on and push through ( the push was hard, REALLY sick some days) it does get better. It has saved my life”

Sane One March 13, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “After reading this, that junk in the fridge will go in the garbage. Do NOT put yourselves through this for weight loss and even diabetes. I mean seriously, which is worse? Pancreatitis? Thyroid cancer? Horrible gastro conditions? Injecting ourselves with this lizard juice can't be good for us. And, it’s beyond expensive to say the least. Pharmaceutical companies should be ashamed of themselves but that’s nothing new. This is totally off the charts. Just say no to drugs these drugs. Please be fair and unbiased and publish this comment, if you’re fair and unbiased!”

Dnw2308 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 30, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I’ve been on Ozempic 6 months. I had gestational diabetes with both children so know I have an increased risk of type 2. I had bloodwork done and unsurprisingly my fasting sugar was high but my a1c was high normal. My doctor prescribed Ozempic and I am currently at 1mg/ week. Results: blood sugar in perfect range, lost 20 pounds (15% body weight), loss of sense of taste for tons of foods, alcohol aversion. All in all I’m far healthier but I do miss enjoying food. I wonder if this is sustainable long term. Time will tell.”

Janny · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My doctor gave me Ozempic 0.5 to start with. I always had upset stomach, diarrhea with most foods, and an overall sick feeling all the time. I was able to "live" with it until now. She decided to up my dose to the 1.0 and my body went into total chaos. I am always nauseous, constipated, got reflux, feels like my food is stuck in my stomach and doesn't go anywhere. I'm constantly burping and feeling bloated. The sick feeling feels intensified and I cannot function at work. I took my last one this past Friday night and was miserable all weekend long. Today I am at work unable to function at my best because the nausea is bad. I would say it is effective in lowering your blood sugar numbers and helping you loose weight but not worth feeling horribly sick over. I will not be using this medication any longer.”

Lynn December 22, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took 1 dose of Ozempic and I have been sick ever since, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps and a little dizziness. This is terrible, will never use again. Can someone tell me how long these symptoms last?”

Shebee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on Ozempic for 8 weeks. At first it I had side effects of a lot of nausea. Now I wake up cold and clammy the last week and very anxious. Overall feeling unwell. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?”

leilanibz May 19, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on it for 7 weeks. I have had the runs as others have noted and the sour stomach, but what I also noted is that those symptoms are worse if you've eaten too much, or a heavier meal before bedtime. Small snacks are ok. I don't drink any sugar laden beverages, and I eat lots of fiber already. My diet is mostly vegetarian, but not for any reason other than my stomach just feels better on it. I think that has helped keep the side effects in check. So far I've lost 8 lbs, which TBH is kind of shocking. I never thought my body would give up this weight, but I'm heading in the right direction. Sugars are dropping nicely, especially my fasting sugar. I have that hypo drop and spike when you wake up, and that seems to be levelling off, which is great. So I'm going to keep going. Oh and I didn't jump in with dosing, I started with .25 and kept on that for six weeks and only just now moving to .5. Slow gradual is the right way. Too much at once will make you sick.”

Lem · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Honestly am so impressed so far with these meds. My weight had been creeping up due to insulin resistance (which itself makes it harder to lose weight) and PCOS. My doctor recommended I try this in conjunction with a very low carb and calorie diet. I started with a half dose of 0.25mg once a week injection and then after 2 weeks up to 0.5mg a week and so far in 6 weeks I’ve lost 15cm from my waist and 9cm off my hips, 5cm off my bust. I have been eating lite and easy roughly 1000 calories a day. Haven’t weighed myself yet as I’d prefer to see the difference in cm. This medication makes me feel a little nauseous the first day or two after my shot but after that I never feel hungry. I can quite easily eat a super small portion and feel full! I drink about 2L of water a day and do about 8000 steps at my job. It really has been great and sooooo much cheaper than Saxenda which was another one I was considering. Hopefully I continue to lose weight!”

dsgrey · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 24, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been using Ozempic for 18 months. A1c has dropped from 8.1 to 6.0. Weight dropped from 195lbs to 157lbs. Minor side effects for the 1st two weeks, I dropped most of the weight within 4 months and my A1c went down to 6.3 in those 4 months. My doctor decide to take me off Ozempic after 6 months to see if I'd stabilized but within 4 weeks my A1c was back in the upper 7s. I'm staying on Ozempic for now. Great medication but a ridiculous price.”

AKAgirl57 · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have tried them all! I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 18 and I will be 40 this September. When I say I have tried them all, it’s no exaggeration, but my search stops here!! This medicine has done in a couple of weeks what I have been trying to do all my adult life! My blood sugar is perfect! I actually look forward to testing my sugars throughout the day. The other Day I cheated and have a slice of caramel cheesecake. Normally, this would spike my blood sugars too well over 250, but when I tested my sugar one hour after consumption, I was at 132!! It only get lower as the night went on!! This is some good stuff!! I am so happy my doctor recommended this for me! I’m in love!! I’m finally optimistic about my future with this dreadful disease.”