User Reviews for Contrave

Weight Loss
6.4

Summary of Contrave reviews 6.7 1,651 reviews

Reviews for Contrave

For Weight Loss "Just started week 2 with 2 pills/day. I haven’t started a structured eating or exercise plan yet but definitely feeling more energetic. I even wake up “happier” in the morning for lack of a better term. I’m excited to continue and see what it will help me accomplish. Side effects...mild constipation but I try to drink 100 oz of water/day. Female, 5’10”, 300 lbs. Good luck! "

JenCor (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Obesity "I have been taking Contrave for 4 weeks now. It wasn't very effective in the beginning but I have noticed that my nicotine addiction is now virtually nonexistent. I maintained at 228 at first but then I started dropping some weight. I have only lost 4.5 pounds but I find that is it much easier to control when and how much I eat. I started exercising 1.5 weeks ago, 20+ minutes on the elliptical, which is when the weight started dropping. The most impressive fact is, I actually started exercising. I haven't done that in YEARS. I get a little pressure in my head between my ears but other than that, as long as I drink a lot of water, that is it. Nausea only happens for me when I don't drink the water. I am only giving Contrave a score of 8 because, let's face it, it is no miracle drug. But IT DOES help with food addition and that constant "what can I eat now" thought. For me, I lacked motivation and will power and I think the Contrave is what is helping me finally after all these years."

lucyjava November 1, 2018

For Obesity "Finally a drug that works ! I’ve lost 60 lbs so far .. I’m going to lose 20 more .. don’t wait see your doctor today!! I’ve tried other pills . Pkg meals .. cabbage soup. And Atkins diet ... I kept a food diary.. exercised 5 days a week .. get control of your weight and talk to your doctor today ., good luck !"

Big boy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "I was hopeful this would help kickstart weight loss. I followed the directed usage by increasing one pill a week. I was nauseated, fuzzy/foggy, had frequent headaches, jittery, and insomnia from the start. By the time I got to two pills in the morning and two at night I was holding a trash can all morning because I thought I was going to vomit. I wasn’t losing weight and it didn’t seem to decrease my appetite. My symptoms just increased with the dosage. I hope it helps others, but I could not continue like this."

Flora (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Obesity "I started Contrave in January 2018. I am 5.1 and weighed 175. On August 1, 2018, I weighed 130 pounds. I had little side effects, just slightly nauseous when drinking coffee. The medication took about 3-4 weeks before I felt any changes. I was no longer hungry or desired certain foods. However, I was not good about staying on a healthy diet or exercising. I have been at my goal weight for 2 1/2 months and continue to take Contrave. The drug is not having the same effect of reducing hunger and cravings. Not sure if that wears off and need to stop and start again. Have had little follow up or help with maintaining my weight. Good luck to all."

Motherof6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have not been on this medicine long. This is the 4th day. First off this "tablet" is ginormous so if you hate taking pills like I do, this was a huge turn off. Second, they are not kidding about the nausea you will have when taking it. All 4 days I have felt like garbage, but especially the 3rd day. I see a lot of people stopped on their 3rd day in the reviews so I guess it's just worse on those days. However, I AM eating less but I think it's cause I'm too nausea to do anything."

Chatt37421 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Contrave in March of 2017 at a weight of 222 lbs. Weekly I went to therapy, an eating disorder group, and a pre diabetic class. I checked in with my dr monthly. By November 2017 I was at 182lb. In early October I had gotten injured and my attitude rapidly declined because I wasn't able to work. By March of 2018 I was up to 206lb. I got back on Contrave April 2018 to help aide the leg pain and maybe some of the back pain and stepped back to the full dosage. It is mid-October 2018. I am successfully down to 182 lbs again. Being on Contrave for 7 months in 2017 and now 6 months, I can say most of my chronic Meralgia paresthetica pain is gone. My side effects for the first round were nausea and headaches for 3 months. I also noticed constipation and ear ringing. This round the ear ringing is still there and I did binge for a bit at first but I figured it took some adjusting to get my body back into the swing of things."

Bex October 22, 2018

For Obesity "I am on my 3rd week of Contrave. Everything has gone well. I've lost about 10lbs. I just wasn't comfortable snacking all the time. I weight about 225 now. If I can maintain 205. I will be able to control my health symptoms. "

SnotMadonna (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Obesity "I have been on Contrave for 5 months. I have lost 28 lbs. Constipation is an issue; however, I drink tons of water a day and that helps. Eating so little has resulted in Vitamin B12 and iron deficiencies. Expect to continue losing weight. This is a long term drug. I expect that how it works is 'right on' for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Weight Loss "I've been on Contrave now for 3 1/2 months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm so pleased. Get great compliments from people which boost me up to keep going. Some side effects but the outcome is worth it. I've had thyroid issues for about 6 years and found it very hard to lose a pound. Glad my doctor prescribed this for me. Due to arthritis in my knees and most of my joints, I really do find it hard to excercise. The biggest problem is not the drug but the cost. I really think that all insurance companies should add this drug to their policy or government should help in some way."

Millie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Obesity "I have been on Contrave for 1 week, side effects were: nausea, hot flashes, foggy head. I have tolerated them, keep in contact with my Dr. The list of side effects frighten me at first too, but it seems to be working. I am going to finish bottle to see how it goes. Good luck to all!!!"

Bon (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Weight Loss "I took one pill only. I couldn’t function for two and a half days. I had a stabbing headache from it. Felt so nauseous I couldn’t move. Was terrible. Was a big expense for me as I’m retired and on my own. I wish I could get my money back. $230 for the bottle. One pill taken. "

Bobbie (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been on this medicine 10 days now. I wasn’t consider overweight by medical standards just uncomfortable by my own. I had been steadily gaining weight from emotional/ bored eating and drinking. The first day I did have a mild burning stomachache and headache by day 3 completely gone. I have lost 4.5 lbs in 10 days. I will see how it continues but cut away my feeling for needless snacking and drinking alcohol cut down to where I have only been drinking two days( I was drinking 5 days a week) and the two occasions were for a wedding and the most recent hurricane (people in FL have hurricane parties)"

LJH October 14, 2018

For Obesity "I have been on Contrave for 2 1/2 months. My main side effects are slight periodic nausea, headaches, and moderate constipation. I will continue to take Contrave. The drug has been so beneficial to changing my mind set and eliminating cravings! I cannot believe how well it works. I also eat "clean" and workout 3-4 times a week. I have done that for two years. I lost 75 pounds before the Contrave, but over the Holidays 2017, I gained about 35 back. I now have lost about 16. I think this medication is a great tool!!!"

lovin2cu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Weight Loss "I am 62 and 5’2” tall. I weighted 165 when I started contrave two weeks ago taking one in the morning only. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to sleep. After reading some of the reviews I will try the afternoon pill. I have restless leg syndrome and getting worse as I age. For some reason this medication has completely stopped my symptoms. I am sleeping better but dreaming strange dreams. I have had a little bit of constipation but eat plain nonfat yogurt with fiber one cereal in it for breakfast. Drinking plenty of water helps too. I seem to have a little bit of brain fog and can’t remember what I went in a room for. I haven’t lost any weight yet but feel more motivated and even resist snacks more often. I hope when I start taking two a day it will increase my weight loss without increasing side effects."

Graggy56 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "I was on contrave for 2 weeks, First week I felt nausea's, light headache, constipation so bad it felt like I was having a child through my butt. The 2nd week no side effects. I did not loose one ounce, discontinued contrave now, switching to qsymia."

rcl (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "Was scared 2 try because of side effects but I'm more scared of dying and leaving my family because of my obesity. I'm 41 ,5'5 and starting weight at 210.9lb. Currently I do no activity, eat garbage, depressed. I've been on contrave 7 days today. Lost 5 pounds. Have a little headache, constipated today. But 4 the 1st time in a long time I have a little hope. I can see a lil light in the dark now."

Kim (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Obesity "This is my third week on Contrave. I can't say the results so far have been great. There is a slight feeling of feeling full after meals, however I still find myself craving food at night. My weight loss has been minimal and I seem to be just stabilizing my existing weight before starting the medication. I am hopeful now that I have started the regiment of 2 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. I will start seeing some results."

Lonnie (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Weight Loss "I used contrave for 3 months and lost 35/40lbs. Taking them helped motivate me to exercise. I've been off a couple months and gained a few lbs back but that's because I don't exercise as much. I did get headaches at 1st but the weight was coming off so I dealt with it. I gave it a 9 due to that. The headaches did get better around when I started the 3rd month."

Rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been on this medication for 3 months, so far I have lost 35 lbs. I have struggled with PCOS and obesity for years. Even with eating right and exercising I would have trouble losing any weight and give up. I am currently keeping my calories under 1900, and eating low carb. To be honest some days I don't have an appetite at all and force myself to eat some proteins, so shakes have been my savior. I was already on wellbutrin prior to this medication, but I can say side effect wise I do struggle with sweating. To be honest I can handle the sweating as long as my weight is going down! I don't plan on being on this medication for a long time but it is the jumpstart I needed!"

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I was so excited to try this medication. I have used other prescription weight loss medications without much success. Unfortunately, on the second day and low dose (as you work up to a higher dose) my skin turned red, crusty with itchy hives. This itchy rash was all over my face, arms and torso. So uncomfortable and embarrassing. It was so bad I ran to my doctor who gave me lots of steroids and antibiotics. As you know, steroids make you hungry and gain weight. After about 4 weeks when my skin finally was back to normal, I tried the low dose again, just to see if it was possibly something else I was allergic to, but no. I had the same skin symptoms again. I rated the medication a 5 because I don't know how it works due to my unusual allergic reaction. I am so sad that I will never know if it works. I hope others will have better results."

Side effects not good for me (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Weight Loss "Just started the medication yesterday so far so good the only side effect is a mild diarrhea wish me luck"

Isa (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started taking a half in the morning and half at night for the first week. I noticed slow urination, gas, bloating and dry mouth. I continued to second week with 1 in morning and 1 at night. The bloating and constant rumbling in my stomach continued. I also started with some pain and just not feeling well. I decided to stop the medication. I wasn’t willing to continue with these symptoms."

Terry (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Weight Loss "I am 5'4 age 60 and weighed 174lb. I am now on my second week and weigh 167lb, I don't exercise like I should be. I had headaches when I started the first few days and when I went into my second week. I only have 17 more pounds to loose and thats it for me. My doctor only put me on this for the 120 pills, which is probably 4-6 weeks. This might not be for everyone, and I'm glad I haven't had problems as some of the others. This helps with the cravings and over eating."

CC (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Obesity "I started my weight loss journey in 2015. I started at 264lb. Today 2018 I am 216lb. I still have a way ways to go. I haven't really noticed any side effects. I have so many other illnesses so who knows. I did, however, notice that once I got a couple years into it, and I have been on the 2 in the morning and 2 at night, it like stopped working. Meaning I had cravings come back and I gained weight back and I got really upset. I am going to the gym 4-5 days a week. I have RA so I judge by how my joints are feeling but I still move around. My eating has changed a lot. I don't eat a lot of high-fat foods anymore. So yes love Contrave but I just hope it starts back up working again."

LilLady (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...