User Reviews for Contrave

Weight Loss
6.2

Reviews for Contrave

Smiles · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 14, 2021

For Weight Loss: “Love love love!!! I started at 223lb. I am now 150!lb! Thanks to contrave and the hard work I put in. This is not a magic pill u do need to help yourself as well. I do recommend that you take a stool softener while taking contrave one the side effects is constipation. I took contrave for almost a year and 2 years later still keeping the weight off!”

Allie Harris · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I wasn’t 100% certain that Contrave would help me lose weight since I have tried and failed at so many diets. Contrave proved me wrong. I began taking Contrave on March 16 and today 4/12, I am down 10 pounds. I didn’t get on the scale until April. No side effects at this point, but of course everyone is different. I will continue my Contrave journey until I reach my goal weight. Thanks Contrave!”

Anonymous April 8, 2021

For Weight Loss: “Doesn’t work! Bad side effects of headache and dizziness. My craving actually increased and I ate more!”

mkkmal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 17, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I am a 51 year old female. My doctor has seen me yoyo with weight and struggle at times with my type 2 diabetes. She seemed excited to offer me this prescription. I read some reviews and had some doubts but I trust her implicitly, so started the process. Honestly , I wanted to quit within the first couple months. Horrible nausea, terrible vomiting, and I hate vomiting. I persevered and am ecstatic with my results so far. I have been on this medication for 7 months and I have lost 57lbs. I don't count calories I listen to my body. I don't drink coffee any more. And I used to drink a lot! I don't even like alcohol. Changed my tastes for foods. I don't crave anything. I know it may be rough the first few months, but I recommend sticking it out. I can't even remember the last time I was this weight and size. I'm so emotionally happy. I wish you all the best, what do you have to lose? Hopefully weight. Lol”

Yeahboi October 3, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I wanted to try Contrave not really to lose weight, but because I felt hopelessly addicted to alcohol and opioids, and read that the med. In Contrave also blocks opioids and is an antidepressant. I take one pill each morning for about 3 weeks now. I am overweight also. I had pretty bad leg/foot twitches (at night) for the first week or so also very thirsty. The twitches felt like mild electrical shocks to the bottom of my foot, and kept me from sleeping well. Also, I started walking 3 miles a day and going up and down my stairs 25 times fairly quickly. I limit my food intake to ~ 1200 calories. I never was a big eater, but alcohol was adding 600-900 cals per day. I’ve stopped drinking and opioids, with no problem. I have tried them again, but they are no fun, and just more calories. I've lost 12 pounds in 3.5 weeks and I’m done with alcohol and drugs. I have a better outlook on life now. I hope this helps others.”

Court98 November 4, 2020

For Obesity: “Hello, I started Contrave about 3 months ago. I am 22 years old and am 5ft 11. When I started I was 275lb and was just not happy with where I was with my body and health. I decided to start taking the medication and got up to taking 2 pills a day. I only really experienced constipation and headaches as a bad side effects of this medication. They were not that bad but were worse on some days. As of now (3 months in) I am 45 pounds down weighing in at 230. It is such a simple medication and works so quickly when paired with a good diet.”

Caroline February 25, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I can't believe all of the negative reviews for this drug. I have been on Contrave for 4 weeks now. My appetite and cravings have been drastically reduced over the last two weeks in particular. So far, I have lost 10 lbs and I am absolutely thrilled! I still have 60 lbs to go but this is the first time in 10 years that I am very confident that I will get down to my goal weight. I had absolutely lost all hope and thought I would have to grow old as an obese person. I've tried every diet under the sun including Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Keto, Non-Carb, I even had a gastric bubble placed in my stomach to make me feel full but had to have it removed after one week due to severe cramps and nausea. We all know what we need to do to lose weight, but when you are addicted to food and crave snacks all day, I always failed after 2 weeks on any program because I was just so hungry!”

Dee Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Obesity: “Contrave is costly. To avoid paying unnecessary money, just have your MD prescribe the two medical ingredients separately ie bupropion as one med and the naltrexone as the other. I only pay $20/month. By having them prescribed separately, my insurance covers almost ALL the cost. I've lost 50 pounds over 6 months and saved huge amounts of money by NOT using Contrave.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 28, 2020

For Obesity: “I have been on Contrave for 8 months and have lost approximately 35 pounds and have another 30 pounds to get to my target weight. If you can get past the first few weeks, it really does work. You can immediately feel the reduction in food cravings and appetite. I used anti-nausea drugs to help me the first week and then I had no issues. You do have to follow a healthy diet, but for people who eat compulsively it makes a big difference in being able to resist junk food and reduce your food intake. This ultimately allows your body to adjust to healthier food and shrink your stomach.”

Shellers · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I’ve been on this over 3 yrs. I lost about 56 lbs my first year. Then a few more over time after that. I started at 224. My lowest was 158. I maintain at about 162-165 and I am happy with that. I have kept the weight off I exercise. It’s been the best thing for me.”

JerseyGirl · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I started at 153 lbs I’m 5’2, 3 weeks later after starting Contrave I’m now 144. The side effect symptoms weren’t as severe as others describe but I do feel a little loopy, occasional headaches, I haven’t upped my dosage to more than 2 a day because I haven’t found it necessary. I used to drink almost every day, it wasn’t only bad but it was keeping me from losing weight. I felt like I was losing control of the drinking and Contrave has absolutely almost eliminated all my drinking cravings I’m so thankful to God, ive only drank 3 times in 3 weeks and I must say DO NOT DRINK WHILE ON THIS PILL, don’t take it for at least 2 days before drinking. My food cravings are very much diminished and staying under 1000 calories has been easy. It’s gotten easier as time goes. It does make me sleep through the night which I love, but it does make me feel slightly loopy during the day. I highly recommend Contrave for weight loss and to stop drinking.”

amblynn · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I lost almost 75 pounds since I started contrave. My doctor actually prescribed bupropion and naltrexone separately so my insurance covered most of it. I don't know if this was all because of the pill but 1.5 years later and the weight is off. I didn't really change my eating habits, I still eat unhealthy, not going to lie to you guys, and never work out, so I feel like it had to be the pill. My doctor just took me off of it so I am going to start better habits to make sure the weight does not come back.”

Bear · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

For Weight Loss: “Hi! I have just started my second round of Contrave. I used it about 3 years ago in conjunction with my regular weight lift routine and absolutely love the results! Over the course of about 10 months, I went from a size 16 dress to a size 10, I was able to fit in my old college T-shirts again, and ‘that special pair’ of jeans fit again. (You know...those jeans that fit just right in all the right places and make you feel like the hottest thing on earth. In the beginning there was some sleepiness and a little nausea, but speaking for myself it was worth it. I dropped 86 pounds of fat, gained muscle, and started enjoying clothes shopping again. The reason I stopped taking it was because I had to have several surgeries following a car wreck, but now I’m back on my feet and really to make up the progress I’d made.”

Anonymous October 16, 2019

For Obesity: “So one year ago today is started taking Contrave. I am a 65 yr old male and when I started I was 349 lbs. After many diets and weight loss fads with little to no success, I went to see my Doctor to discuss Bariatric Surgery which I wasn’t looking forward to but felt I didn’t have much choice . On this I have a bit of nausea and light headedness at first but it was very minor. Right away I felt my appetite decreasing. I did watch what I ate but didn’t restrict any specific foods just a whole lot less of it. It began to work immediately and the weight started coming off pretty quick I am very excited to announce that after 1 year I have dropped 75 lbs (my goal was 60 lbs)and feel wonderful. For me Contrave was a 'Wonder Drug' and gave me the boost I needed. I am remaining on the pills for a bit longer but I really feel I can monitor the quantity of food I consume . The only real side effect has been the money I have spent on new cloths - actually very happily.”

Dodgy Boy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2019

For Obesity: “I have been taking Contrave since late July this year. As of today I have lost 26kg (56lbs). I had bad side effects for the first 4-6 weeks but they have since subsided. I haven’t touched alcohol or fast food since early August and currently only eat one meal a day. This drug has worked for me and I’m glad I pushed through the early side effects as it has truly been worth it.”

Mo · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2021

For Obesity: “This is my very first time taking Contrave. I am 5ft and currently 205lbs. My eating habits prior to Contrave were horrible. I would eat any and everything I could get my hands on even when I wasn't hungry. This is my first day taking it and I can already feel the difference in my appetite. I had no urge to eat today but I did eat a few boiled eggs. I have had this weird taste in my mouth since I've taken it but no serious side effects. Whenever I feel the weird taste I just drink water. I feel like there's a bit of mental clarity and energy also. I usually nap throughout the day when I'm home but I haven't even sat down. This is my very first prescribe med for weight loss and I feel like I made the right choice although it is on the pricy side.”

JJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2019

For Obesity: “So, I wanted to wait until I placed a review anywhere about my experience with Contrave. I have Ben taking it for 3 months and am at full dose (2 tabs 2 x a day - 5am and 2pm). The first 6 weeks was tough. Felt nauseous and shaky. And I am someone who relies on Wellbutrin for mental health but, I was 15lbs overweight. I knocked of the 1st 20lbs with diet and exercise but menopause or age (53) just wouldn’t let me shed the last 15. So, spoke to my GP and we decided to try this. This medicine worked for me! I now think of food as nutrition not entertainment or a crutch when I am bored. Anyway I have 6 more lbs to go and then will tapper off and go back to Wellbutrin straight. If you are serious about taking back your health with diet and exercise and can’t drop the last bit, I would say give it a try.”

MattG November 21, 2019

For Obesity: “As far as negative effects I have had absolutely none. Which allowed me to change my diet to 1800 calories or less a day without feeling hungry. I have lost around 32 pounds. Also if you read this and think that well if you reduce your calories 1800 or less of course you will loose weight and that's true however before taking this drug I would have never been able to be limiting my food to this amount and feel fine . So I'm hoping by shrinking my stomach using this when I am eventually weaned off this drug my natural appetite will be at a more reasonable level so I can maintain. If you need to loose alot I would recommend it . You need to make healthy choices and have some commitment as well.”

Jimy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I had the Gastric bypass in December of 01, I was a KFC biscuit short of 400Lbs. The lowest I became was around 240 and my weight fluctuate between that and 260. I was asked by my VA dietitian if I would like to try something to take off some additional weight. I was placed on the Contrave Medication. When I started (Sep 2020) I was 255. I weighed in this morning (NO JOKE) 225. I am actually the same weight I was at when I was Playing college ball in the midwest, to be honest If we did not have the stupid restrictions about going to a Gym (CA) I feel I can get down to my army wrestling weight of 220 . Normally a person will consume food when the body says " Oh That Looks good" Contrave allows me to keep on a steady eating regiment. I noticed that I can eat the things I like to eat, yet not have that binge button go off in my head. So!!! It worked for me, if you are disciplined enough IT will work for you! One Side effect! it will plug you up, so drink lots of water!”

Claire July 29, 2019

For Obesity: “I've had great success on this medication. I experienced mild side affects (headache, constipation, dry mouth, occasional ear ringing) the first 4 weeks while increasing. I have lost a total of 35 pounds so far in 3 months! Binging has stopped, the cravings have significantly subsided, and I get full faster when I eat. This is with minimal diet and exercise. I'm sure when I introduce those 2 things it will take off even more. I have food addiction and no matter what my brain always told my body to eat even if I was full - I couldn't turn that off no matter how hard I tried. All that has stopped. Contrave has worked great for me and hope others have the same experience.”

Anonymous February 3, 2020

For Weight Loss: “Contrave was prescribed specifically for weight loss, but I have also been a moderately heavy drinker for about 10 years (3-6 beers per night, more on weekends). Was already on Bupriopion, so the Dr. prescribed Naltrexone in addition. One month in, I've lost 5 lbs, stopped snacking at night, and have almost completely lost all interest in drinking. Was sleeping more than usual at first. Mild nausea here and there. Excited to see where I'm at after a few more months of this.”

Anonymous August 21, 2020

For Obesity: “5'1 female- starting weight 195, current weight 162, goal weight 125. -33 pounds so far in 6 months. Overall my experience with Contrave has been a positive one. At first I did experience odd side effects some included, dizziness, dry mouth, involuntary twitching, and very VERY odd dreams. However, after awhile these went away. For the last 6 months I have been able to loose 33 pounds by only taking 1 pill at night. My physician is moving my dose up to 2 pills now, one the AM and one in the PM. I started that regimen this week and I am back to experiencing a little dizziness and dry mouth, odd dreams (not as much as the beginning). But, I am sure this will disappear as well soon. I eat 1 meal a day now and exercise for 1 to 1.5 hours 5-6 days a week.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 3, 2020

For Obesity: “Lost 50 pounds over 2 years, was key to the process and got me back to exercising. Did not experience any side effects. Cost of medicine offset by food savings and reduced healthcare costs in the future (I assume).”

Ali · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I was on contrave for about 4 weeks when all of a sudden I had a seizure. Never in my life did I have one before, I am not an epileptic nor is anyone in my family. It was very odd as the doctor who prescribed the contrave told me there are no side effects! Doctors don’t know everything I learned the hard way. My drivers license was suspended right away and now it is taking months to get a neurologist to see me. Be careful if you plan to take this pill!!!”

Panda71 · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I've just finished week 1 of this medication, and it works. It seems to of turned off the obsessive side of my brain. The 'I need MORE' feelings. I haven't wanted to binge, or overspend. I haven't had any side effects at all? I'll report back on the weight loss after 4 weeks, but at the moment the only negative is the $240 a box cost.”

Harlin · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2020

For Obesity: “I am a 50 year old male. I started Contrave 4 weeks ago and have lost 10kg. It causes some side effect symptoms like fuzzy head and a funny taste in your mouth initially. Sometimes I have a funny frontal headache. It has improved my mood and made me able to walk past food without stopping. I take snacks to eat during the day but usually don’t even touch them. I have been able to drop my cals to 1600-1800/ day. It’s also had an incredible effect on my libido and performance. My wife is loving it. It is not a miracle drug. You still have to work hard but it certainly helps a lot.”

Stac · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

For Obesity: “I am just shy of being on Contrave for 4 weeks. Taking 4 pills a day. I have been having horrible dreams!!! Every night. Camped with a friend and she said it was like I was fighting something in my sleep. Not an issue prior. Anyone else? I want to see this though.”

Pearl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2020

For Obesity: “I have been on Contrave for about 6 weeks and I have lost 17lbs. I just starting to feel nauseated during the day and during workout. I continue for another week and see what happens. I think I'm going to go back to 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.”