User Reviews for Contrave

Learn more about Contrave.

Obesity 822 reviews 62 medications

Weight Loss 234 reviews 44 medications

6.4
Summary of Contrave reviews 1056 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Contrave

For Weight Loss "I been in contrave for 4 weeks already taking 4 pills a day. The only side effect is feeling tired all the time but I can manage that I haven't lose not even one pound. But the doctor told me to wait at least three months. I am paying $90 a month so that's just the time I will wait to see results. I really hoped it works."

Azav (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "For now, I will give Contrave a 7, as it is my first day. I feel a bit loopy, but it seems to be clearing up. Have not had the urge to go grab some fast food lunch, nor am I hungry at all. Have a little dry mouth, but I would say that so far it is doing its job. Will update after a week. 6'3 262 on 04/26/2017"

Sususuper (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "This is an update to my previous review. I have now been on Contrave for three months, and in that time I have lost 35 lbs (goal is 130 lbs total). The first two weeks were horrible, then the side effects subsided. When I consciously watch my diet, I lose very steadily. Even if I don't, I usually lose 2 lbs a week. My life before Contrave was constantly thinking about food, snacking, and looking for the next "fix." Now I get hungry, but not famished. I can eat when I am hungry and rely on my body to give me cues- before, that was a foreign concept to me. For once, I feel like I am in control and that I can see this through to the end, and get to a healthy weight, which I have never been able to do. If you are obese, consider it."

txtw April 26, 2017

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Female, 43, 270. After reading many reviews on this site I was very nervous about starting Contrave. I have been battling my weight for as long as I can remember. Recently I hit my highest point when I went on a medication for depression and anxiety. I started the week of April 17 with a low carb diet as well. 1 week later I am down 9 pounds!! I haven't really had any of the side effects that some people talk about. I did have a very bad migraine one day (never get), but other than that nothing I can't deal with. At this point, I am willing to try anything. Today, I start the 1 pill morning, 1 pill evening regimen. I am hoping with the increased dosage, I will still feel ok. I'm praying that this will help."

heatherjs43 April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Unless you REALLY need this drug, I do not recommend it. That being said, if you are 80-100+lbs overweight, it is worth a try. It has cut my appetite/cravings for any food, not just junk. Female, 30, 5'9", starting wt 260(ish). Started Contrave approx 6 weeks ago; have had nearly every side effect: nausea, constipation, headache, dizziness, trouble sleeping, dry mouth, bad taste in mouth, and tremors. I also got two of the less common ones: tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and menstrual irregularities. Most of the side effects DO go away. I still get migraines a couple times a week/a few times a wk before this. The constipation, trouble sleeping, and tinnitus remain. I am down 16lbs in 6 wks tho. Would 2-3lbs be more if I was less constipated"

thecaptain87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Took my first pill this morning at 8:05 during my commute to work with a protein bar and lots of water. By 8:45 I could feel the effects and felt as though I was a little buzzed. By 9:30 I felt impaired and was trying to figure out how I was going to make it through an entire day at work trying to be productive. By 11:00 I was very sick in our employee restroom and left work at 11:15. I got home, crawled into bed and slept until 5:30. Needless to say, I cannot fathom taking this drug ever again let alone "building up" to 4 pills a day. I really was hopeful the side effects wouldn't impact me but I know for certain the body shouldn't feel the way mine did today. I'm not a quitter but also don't want to lose my job due to taking these."

Was Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Hello, I started taking Contrave April 18,2017 The only side effects I experience was a nausea, a headace nothing major. I am down 4lbs which I am very excited about. For the nausea I take motion sickness. that helps out, I crew gum to offset it. I eat less. I work out three times a day. One thing I notice this medicine changes the way things taste. as for drinking fluids. it makes drinks taste flat. which is fine with me. I start my 2 pills a day tomorrow. I will keep everybody updated on my progress. After reading all the reviews I was very discourage about starting Contrave. I am so glad I am giving it a try. I keep jolly ranchers in my purse. my mouth gets really dry. I pray this Medicine works out for everybody."

kekecece (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Hi iam 33 years old 5' 2" and weigh 230. I started taking Contrave 3 days ago, I took my first pill in the morning and shortly after I felt different, then my mouth started getting dry, through out the day I dranked lots and lots of water, which is a plus because I am not a fan of water, and I felt very sleepy, on the second and third day was the same but now this time I ate less major plus, but my anxiety level was at my most high, and I just wanted to cry. I felt depressed, I spoke to my husband in regards of my side effects, and I just started to cry, I've read some reviews and I see that it does work, but Iam having second thoughts because I don't want to feel depressed."

Cyndy113 April 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Started Contrave 4/17/2017. It works lost 4 pounds, no side affects except extreme dry mouth which I drinks plenty of water. I take 2 pills daily."

Bigmoney April 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been on and off this medicine for a year or so and what I've found is that when I stay on it and take it like I'm supposed to, I lose weight and eat healthier. When go off I eat horribly but it's honestly more of me going off my diet so I don't bother with the Contrave. Now I have been taking it faithfully since February 1st and eating low carb and I'm down over 25 lbs. I think it does really work and it helps me make better choices. My main reason for this review is to let all of the "newbies" know that the side effects will go away. I felt horrible for the first few weeks as I was building up my dosage but I have absolutely no side effects now. Start very slowly and gradually build up to the full dose"

Lori Ladd (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I'm a 39 year old female, 5'7" and 224 pounds. I've struggled with my weight off and on. Last year I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I'm in a low dosage thyroid medication. I eat fairly clean but I stay very tired already. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he suggested contrave because it's a nonstimulant. I'm to increase the pills weekly by one. This week I'm only to take one each morning first 7 days. I took my first one this morning and roughly 45 minutes later I was incredibly sleepy almost drunk feeling. It's gotten a little better but not much. I don't really have an appetite and I feel foggy minded. I will continue and hope the side effects ease up over time."

Goodgirl77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've been on Contrave (1 pill) 5 days and I have lost 5lb. The medication is definitely curbing my appetite and cravings which is helping me make better food choices. I do sense slight anxiety when I wake up in the morning. Since one pill is working so well for me, I am hesitant to increase my dose."

Davidsmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm 5"9 and weight 225 pounds. I'm on my second week and I'm doing well with my cravings. I feel like I'm starving at one point and eat 2-3 bites then feel so full. And that's only taking one in the AM and one in the evening. My sleep has been fine. Although, I do have an iusse going to the bathroom. Which means I need more water and fiber in my diet. I'm not sure if I have lost weight yet. I'm going to check at the end of the month. I want it to be a surprise. Also this medication has helped me stop smoking. I really didn't think it would. I really thought it would just be a bonus and I have stopped smoking in a week!!! I have no desire to either. The only other issue is that I zone out a lot but over all I'm happy!"

Beagle_lover April 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started Contrave last Tuesday I weighed 211 lbs. I weighed in again yesterday and I have lost 6 lbs in 7 days. The first day I felt a little strange, like I was on a pain medication or something. I felt nauseous for the first couple days but that soon went away. The side effects that I have noticed now is; excessive sweating and major mood swings. Today I start taking two, one this morning and one this evening. We shall see how I do. I will check back next week. Good luck everyone!"

delarose (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "LOVE Contrave! I have been on Contrave for some time now. 37 yrs old, 5' 4". To date I am down 63 pounds :) I did not lose my weight overnight, so do not get discouraged. I still get to have the foods I like, just MUCH smaller portions. I get so full, and stay satisfied until my next meal. I drink lots of water throughout the day. The only side effect I have had is cotton mouth, jolly ranchers help a lot. I do like that they offer a coupon to help cover the cost, my insurance does not cover it. When I first started taking Contrave, my out of pocket with the coupon was $60.00, now I pay $90.00. I have no clue why the cost went up :( I have had several friends get on Contrave because of my results. My own doctor was very pleased as well."

twoshocks2 April 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Update, I have been on Contrave for a full 3 weeks now. So far I have lost 10lbs! I am going to start taking 2 pills in the morning and also at night. I still have some stomach cramping some times but I have to remember to drink lots of water to calm that down, it makes me feel better. I do have some insomnia but not in an exhausted kind of way. I am still able to continue with my busy career. I have also experienced constipation, but I've started taking in more fiber to combat that issue. So far I continue to feel full and food continue to be blah. I'm still eating healthy did try carbs twice but it was hardly anything. At Easter I did have a few pieces of candy but was able to stop after a few pieces. Will continue to update."

WannaBsexy (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I tried Contrave for 5 days. I was just taking on in the morning and one at night. The side effects were too much. I was very dizzy, constant nausea, dry mouth and eyes and on the 5th day a slight ringing in my ear. I also had insomnia at night and sleepiness all day. Contrave did reduce my appetite and cravings. I might try Contrave agin later, but I'll start with just one pill a day. I'll probably drink more water next time. I gave a 5 rating since I was only on the product 5 days."

DLady April 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "So this is my second week in contrave take one tablet twice daily. When I started this drug I was 170 pounds. I weighed my self this morning and I was at 167. So about 3 pounds this first week. Thankfully I have not experienced insomnia yet but I have been nauseous. I can only eat once a day and if I eat more than that I end up puking it back up so there isn't a point in me trying to eat more than that. I'm hoping that I am able to start exercising soon because I have not been able to do so due to a torn tendon in my ankle."

Palavi April 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started this medicine five weeks ago and I'm down 22lbs. Some jitters, some insomnia, some constipation, but not enough to stop the meds. I've always been an emotional eater and with this medicine I don't even think about eating, and I have no desire to snack. This medicine absolutely addresses my food addiction."

Tracy30240 April 19, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I am a 49 year old female. I started Contrave in October 2016. I started this drug at 226 lbs, I'm 5'6. To date I have lost 31 pounds with minimal exercise. The first 4 weeks were rough, dizziness, feeling foggy, sleepless nights, when I did sleep I had crazy dreams, constipation, dry mouth. But at about week 5, the side effects seemed to diminish. I still have a dry mouth with makes me drink lots of water, but the other side effects are gone. This drug has really reduced my cravings. I LOVE sweets, but I now find I can pass on them. I also love wine and I find I can just drink a small glass or nothing at all. I fill up very quick when I eat a meal. I have tried other weight loss drugs, this is the only one that has worked for me."

Cruisechix (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I just started conclave today. Hoping to see some results I'm 40 years old female and weight 275. This is the biggest I have been my entire life. I gained a large amount of weight after having to start estrogen for my menopause and I suffer from prolapse bladder hoping this will help me and prevent me from having to have surgery. Seeing all the pros and cons makes helps me with understanding what I may go through. I will update every 2 weeks hopefully with good results!!"

Rubygirl76 April 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I am sick today, no food intake, medication reaction to Naltrexone to complete a Contrave dose. Titrated up from 12.5 mg Week One to 25 mg Week two. Didn't notice much change but by Day 2 at 25 mg, nausea started getting much worse. Couldn't eat a thing, couldn't even keep ginger ale down. Although I've lost about 2.5 pounds the first week with very little exercise and a big cheat on Easter, if this nausea and vomiting will be the norm, I'll have to pass on it. Not taking any tonight and will roll back dose to 12.5 mg tomorrow. If I can tolerate that but see no more weight loss, I will chalk this one down to another plan that doesn't work for me.. At 56 years old I'm getting so tired of this lifetime of trying to control my weight .."

Nauseaous in Colorado (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Contrave 1 week ago. I am 5'5", 230lbs and 40yrs old. I'm tired of being over weight. I am so happy my insurance finally covered this medication. I was told to start with two pills twice a day. At first I didn't because I was scared. I was taking 2 once a day. After day 3 I went up to four a day and besides needing to take some benedryl to help me sleep, I have had no side effects. I'm peeing like a mad woman, my appetite is way down and I feel good. I went to weigh myself this morning and I've lost 7lbs. I think I finally found something that's going to work for me. Super excited to see where this takes me."

Jcw5! April 16, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "61 adult male- ADHD, 5' 10"-215 lbs. Heart disease w/ 2 stents (on BP medication) & hip replacement 8 weeks ago. Athletic with the fat in sides, back and chest not much in the stomach. Weight a challenge based on years of yo-yo diets and from high school and college sports. Finishing up week two of single doses in the morning & evening. By day three aspects of the drug positively lessened ADHD effects. Certain obsessive personality components are noticeably lessened that also included eating routines. Started working out heavy at beginning of Contrave and gained 5lbs by end of first week due exercise. Appetite was down by day 6. HR & BP low at a 204lbs by 2nd wk w/ exercise & eating healthy. Reduced BP meds but some dizziness starting day 7."

Nitwit Genius (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started a month ago at 184lbs. I am now at four times a day dosage. Side effects have been minimal. The worst has been insomnia. Not full on, I still get sleep, but it is not usually a good night's rest. Dry mouth in the beginning, which forced me to drink more water (a good thing). That side effect is gone. For the first 2 weeks, I really did not notice any difference and was not losing weight. After 4 weeks I weighed myself again and I was down to 173. So 11lbs. in one month with minimal exercise but a big change in diet. I also tried this medication because I heard it helped to stop smoking. Unfortunately, my nicotine habit has not been effected. I am continuing with Contrave and hope it continues to work. Very pleased right now."

MojoT. April 15, 2017