User Reviews for Alli

Obesity 66 reviews 62 medications

6.3
Summary of Alli reviews 66 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Alli

For Obesity "If you're having problems with oily farts then you're not following the recommendation of a reduced fat diet! That oil is fat your body isn't absorbing, anytime it starts happening to me it's my reminder I need to watch what I eat!! I also have IBS I now have regular BMs and haven't been as bloated. Also my appetite isn't as strong where I'm binge eating and I'm not craving junk food as much."

Unique Monique May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have a feeling that the people commenting that it "doesn't work" are the ones expecting Alli to be a "miracle pill" for weight loss. You CANNOT eat rubbish whilst taking these, it won't work. It's as simple as that. Yes, the pounds won't literally slide off you, but they assist you alongside a healthy, low fat diet and exercise. I lost a steady 2lbs / 3lbs a week using these. Diet was full of fish, meat, fruit and veggies, and I snacked on healthy nuts and seeds (I also took a multivitamin supplement as recommended). I did HIIT workouts and jogged 3-4 times a week. They work if you put the effort in and they're used properly."

xnicnak (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have always been a small person but now I am 23 lbs. overweight for the 2nd go around again. I thought I would try Alli instead of going to get a prescription this time. It cost me $62.00 plus. I have been using it for 3 weeks and it does absolutely nothing to help curb your appetite, if anything, I seemed to eat more. So I thought I would try taking more than the suggested, well that did nothing either. I will report that there were no side effects or illness or anything like that which I have read on some postings. Alli was a big waste of money for me and I will just have to go and get a prescription again, which does work. Alli is Not a substitute for a prescription diet pill, no matter what it states."

Chessa April 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started taking Alli because I had read that it may loosen the stools. I have milk issues that when I drink milk I get bound up which is very painful. I was told lactose lol um... nope, (drank lactose free milk and had the worst belly pains ever) so I decided to try Alli I only take a pill at night and have bm the next morning Yay! I do have oily yuck left in the toilet but hey loosing a bit of weight even with just the one pill!"

GAULDIN March 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "In the past I used the prescription strength orlistat 120mg and I lost 45-50 pounds, short term, I also used portion control, exercised daily and felt the side affects if I ate something I shouldn't have. Years later Alli was on the shelf after I went to the Dr in need of help to lose the pesky 10-20 pounds and my Dr told me to use alli but double the dose and it is equivalent to prescription strength. So far I am down 6 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. Alli is only a temporary kickstart to any weight loss plan and is not intended for long term use. It has worked for me. The right way is to get up and move and know your portions and drink plenty of water!!"

Dcharger06 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I was reading the reviews and could not believe people had so much trouble with oily leakage. It clearly states that you cannot eat high fat foods. If you think you can take Alli and continue eating all kinds of high fat and fried foods, then you will have the oily side effects that are CLEARLY stated in the accompanying literature. Alli works great when taken with a low fat, healthy diet. It helps remove about 1/3 of the fat from the food you eat. I have taken it for a month now along with weight watchers. I have lost 12 lbs. and only had one experience with an oily accident. That was due to the fact that I went to a Mexican restaurant the night before and ate with abandon. I knew better, but I did it anyway and took the Alli pill."

bestie March 27, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "The side effects were not worth any potential weight loss. I spent way too much time on the toilet. I wasn't even having bowel movements. I would sit there and "oil" for hours. I had accidents, and "oiled" myself with this nasty orange oil. I'd rather be a fat cow than have accidents in my pants."

Scarlet999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I used Alli for about three weeks . I didn't notice it helping me lose weight faster than I can with a weight watchers program . It did increase my bowel movements. I did have some stomach discomfort and gas. I stopped using it at the end of the third week because I went out to dinner and took my pill with my meal and it made me extremely ILL. Vomiting and Diarrhoea for over eight hours !!! I would not recommend this product to anybody !!! Weight watchers is working out very well for me . Eating healthy and exercise is the only way to go, there is no magic pill!!! I had to find out the hard way !"

Marie72Marie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've taken this a few times and it does work, it definitely helps with the low cal diet. And yes u will side effects if u eat high fat foods and take it. But 100 percent it works"

Ready for it again January 26, 2017

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I took Alli when I was 20 years old and lost 60 pounds all of which I was able to maintain for the last 4 years until recently I have gained the 60 pounds back. I'm seriously thinking of taking them again because it motivated me to eat healthy and exercise. It DOES make you go to the restroom if you eat fatty foods but it really helps get your digestive track moving. Like I said I lost 60 pounds within the first 6 months of using it."

victoria.xoxo January 25, 2017

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been using Alli for a month. I take it three times a day along with exercise about 3 days a week by walking and running. I started out weighing 222 and now I am down to 215 and shrinking. IT WORKS!! I have tried so many weigh loss pills and this is the only one I have used that actually works. At first it worried me to see the oil substance in my stool but I quickly learned it was my body fat residue leaving my body. I feel great and I will continue using the product. My advice is not to rely on any product to loose weight. Use the product but get off your lazy butt and exercise and eat right and by doing so with this product you will achieve results."

HoustonSidney January 18, 2017

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Once again I fell for a product despite knowing better. There is no such thing as a weight loss pill. Nothing. Weight loss comes from modified diet and exercise. There's no magic pill. Not only didn't I lose any weight... I GAINED another 10 lbs. This was a waste of money and I suspect messed with my metabolism in the process. The makers of this placebo should refund all our money. Total con."

Disappointed in Oregon December 30, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "It's feel so good go to eat with no regret and then see all that fat in the water when I go to the bathroom what else I need to say this medication really work. Very happy!"

Jackiepr December 10, 2016

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Was taking many medications for a condition which caused a lot of weight gain. After weaning off, dr. put me on low cal, low carb diet with a prescription diet aid that worked but scary. I continued ti lose after stopping rx diet pill but then plateaud for a long time and started gaining slowly. Chose Alli to help things start moving along. So far I'm pleased. Psychologicaly, it helps motivate me since I spent money on an FDA approved diet pill. It helps so I can eat meals a little higher in cal than original diet which makes it more sustainable. In 3 days I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained back. I exercise almosr daily- for years. Try to make healthy choices and not eat late. Take with lunch and dinner where my fat and calories are a more"

Sofargood (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I used alli because I wanted to lose weight but needed help with commitment to my diet it's been about a week and I lost 5lbs surprisingly it helped with my bloating and constipation which may also be why I lost 5lbs in a week not looking for a miracle pill just something to help out like a guard rail at the bowling alley you may not get a strike but at least you didn't get a gutter ball lol"

MrsCarter November 7, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Nothing - I experienced Nothing. I would Not suggest this product to Anyone. after wasting $64.00 I am so Disappointed"

I took this as directed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "This product definitely works for me except here are some scary side effects (taken for 3 years) gum deterioration, tooth decay, weakness, fever and chills. Guess who's quitting Alli?"

Love fatty foods (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Worked brilliantly, I cut down my fat intake a week before starting them & continued this whilst on them, I lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks!! Really really pleased with the result & have just ordered my second months supply. You HAVE to reduce you fat intake to stop any unpleasant side effects, I'm now at the point where I don't want to eat high levels of fat because I don't want to suffer the consequences!!! Worked for me!!!"

Gemmie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Alli was working for me unfortunately I have medications for high blood pressure and seizures and Alli was affecting the absorption of those medications and I had to stop taking it. I loved it though."

JessicaHarp August 12, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I lost 75 pounds when I used Alli. I ate low fat foods like egg whites, low fat yogurt, salads with chicken breasts & low fat dressing, sugar free popcicles, tomato soup, lean turkey, chicken, & turkey. I added salsa, green peppers, onions, & mushrooms to make the food go farther & for taste. Lots of lean protI took one Alli when I ate a meal that contained fat. I also started walking. I walked 3/4 mile at first, then 1 mile, & then 2. If I cheated, it wasn't fun! If I ate a piece of pizza & took an Alli pill, it gave me the oily runs which wasn't fun. That made me not cheat! When I stopped exercising, and not eating right I gained the weight back. It's like any healthy lifestyle, you have to make changes to lose weight!"

1lifetimechange August 5, 2016

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I think most people expect changes in body too quickly. I have been on alli for three weeks I am down 4 lbs. I am eating smaller meals and in a consistent exercise plan. I never expected alli to make me rock hard after a month. I plan to use for 2 months to help kick start my second 15 lbs. Alli works if you follow restrictions not going to work with an extremely fat meal. This is supposed to supplement a new life style change. If I only lose 3 to 4 pounds more I will be happy. I am not expecting alli to work after 3rd month. I have 6 more pounds to lose before vacation and another 8 to 10 this year. The lesson is you still need to watch how much you eat. You also need to be active 3 to 4 days a week period. 15 lbs this year and 15 next"

Cheeky soccur star (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Do not waste your money, I repeat do not waste your money. I have been taking alli over a week now and it has made me bloated and I even gained a pound. Last night was the last straw, as I was washing my hands I had a orange oily accident and this is was so embarrassing it leaked through the shorts and I almost cried. Now I'm stuck with a bottle of capsules and out $70 a complete waste."

Mommyto4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I was so excited when i purchase the alli pills I started eating less 3 meals a day and 1 snack and my 3 pills didn't miss a day and I walk 5 times a week 3 in a half miles and no change was so ever I was scare to go on the scale I finally did after taking the pills for 20 days and did not loss not even 1 pound these pills do not work at all . I will not buy them again sorry wastes of my time and money "

Hello 42 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "It does what it says, so 3 stars. If you like orange oil coming out your butt, missing work, and fryer grease farts, then you'll like Alli. I'm thinking, if you don't have a lot of fat in your food, then it might be tolerable, but I'm not willing to find out. "

DudleyDooWrong May 9, 2016