User Reviews for Alli

Obesity
6.4

Summary of Alli reviews 6.5 90 reviews

Reviews for Alli

For Obesity "Years ago my doctor put me on Orlistat which worked wonderfully! I was able to easily lose 10-15 pounds in the first month which in turn motivated me to keep going even without the pill. Now years later when the same medication is over the counter it is half the strength as when it first came out. It never seemed to work as good. So this time I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt & take TWO to see if it would work the same way is used to….Needless to say it did NOT! One night while taking the pill out, I placed it on top of my dresser. The light from the bathroom hit it just right and I noticed something. I held the Alli pill up to the light and low and behold it was not even HALF full! You have taken something that actually worked for countless people without any serious side effects and turned it into something worthless! I again have wasted my money on your product when I can get better results from eating half a pack of sugarless gum! Thanks for nothing…."

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Obesity "I started taking Alli 2x a day 10 days ago. I only had 15 pounds that I've been struggling to lose. It's curbed my appetite and I've lost 3 1/2 pounds in 10 days! The only Con if you eat a high fat meal you will be stuck on the toilet tomorrow morning. It will definitely remind you not to do that again. What I love about Alli no jittery diet pill side effects and rapid weight loss."

Tiff (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Obesity "I started taking Alli the other day. I have had to purchase Poise pads, just in case of an oil gas or stool. I have read nothing but horror stories. But I am just experiencing extra bowel movements in the toilet. Mild stomach cramps. I wear the pads in case of anything due to side effects, but have had nothing at all. Lost weight already. But I am not hungry at all. I tried out the first day on a Sunday in case of adverse side effects. So far....so good. Hopefully this can be my go to for weight management going forward."

Margil (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Obesity "I took Alli 11 yrs ago only for less than 2 months and I still have all the side effects. I had my gallbladder removed, diagnosed with liver disease and do not feel like a myself anymore. Do NOT take these pills."

Janile (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Obesity "Alli is a miracle drug. You must eat within normal guidelines to lose weight. I do not recommend binging out on foods because Alli will make you go to bathroom.. a lot! I eat 1200 calories a day, take 4 pills a day and exercise 5-7 days a week. I've been taking these pills for 1 month and lost about 11 pounds..( down 35 total now from 8 months ago) I take them 1 week on and 1 week off to give my body a break so technically 11 pounds taking them 2 weeks.. Definitely recommend"

Vangel (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Obesity "I lost over 20 lbs in 2008 & could only take 1 pill a day & the most was 2 a day & kept it off with just 1 pill a day, without out exercising because of back problems & couldn’t exercise. It was a miracle pill for me because it even helped my acid reflux when nexium & other meds’s didn’t work. But in 2012 when they had a shortage of them here so I started getting the orilast from India instead of the USA but it DOESN’T work. I’ve tried taking 2 pills at each meal & only got greasy stools but didn’t lose not 1 lb. I wasn’t immune to it either because I had to wait almost 6 months or more for it to buy otc again..Even tried the prescription brand as well & no difference..So sad that you can’t buy U.S.A. products anymore!!"

SusieQ June 25, 2018

For Obesity "People keep saying all kinds of stuff about Alli does not work but it clearly states it is a weight loss aid and you need to exercise and eat right. Don’t forget that weight loss will take the duration your body took to gain weight. Take control of your body and stop blaming and whining. I lost 50 lb with diet, daily exercise and Alli in 6 months"

Banda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

For Obesity "I almost decided not to try Alli because of the horror stories but I'm glad I did. First two days I had minor nausea and slight cramping but it never reoccured after that. I have followed the diet and fat requirements and I have never had an accident or any problems and I am on week 4. The only slight day to day issue is minor constipation and a little gas. Not enough to make me stop taking it. I ate in a restaurant for the first time and did not have access to nutrition content and had no issues. If you are serious about diet and weight loss, give it a try and don't let the horror stories deter you."

Baby Shell (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

For Obesity "I've only been taking Alli for one week now. I also joined a gym and started a diet. I'm a 26 yr old female. Last Tuesday I weighed 278lb and today, Monday, I weigh 266lb. I take a total of three pills a day. One each with my meals. I'm only at the gym for about an hour. I do about 3-5 miles on the bike or treadmill, then weight machines. My diet now consists of low calorie/low fat. Tons and tons of veggies and fruit/high protein. I think all the combination of what I am doing is why I lost 12 lbs within just six days so far. And trust me, I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism sucks! As far as side effects, I have not had any "bathroom accidents" that are apparently quite common. But like I said. I have been following the low fat diet like the packaging says to do. The only thing I have experienced is lower back pain that feels similar to period cramps. But that could also be due to me join the gym. I will definitely be finishing the bottle and hoping for even more results."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Obesity "I took it and it helped at first but then I wasn’t breathing well this pill gave me shortness of breath it took me 5 yrs to recuperate my self it was a nightmare the worst experience in my life I felt like I had a plastic bag in my face I couldn’t breath at all"

Martha Morin February 21, 2018

For Obesity "This was the worst decision I have ever made, taking this pill. I am only about 35 pounds over weight and I joined a national company and attend meetings. I started having orange bowel movements. There were droplets of orange oil all over the toilet bowl. I constantly dripped the oil and it was such a mess. I dumped the bottle in the trash. I will stick with my program and just lose a bit more slowly. Thanks for nothing Alli!!"

SandiaCee February 6, 2018

For Obesity "I blame Alli for dangerously Low Platelets in my blood that happened to me after many months on Alli. The condition almost killed me "

exalli (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2018

For Obesity "started Alli feeling unhealthy, no energy, not much bowel movement. 5'5 weighing 195lbs. I know most of its fat I use to lift weights years ago in younger days when I was fit. I had pregnancy diabetes Dr said if I didn't keep weight under control I'd be a diabetic later in life. Once I had baby I no longer had to take insulin but 20 years later I'm overweight. I started Alli went from 195lbs to 190lbs lost 5lbs in one week. My bm's are more consistent, I feel more energy. I walk about a mile each day, I try to watch what I eat so that I don't get oily stools with stomach cramping (Feels like menstrual cramps) sometimes I splurge on a steak dinner when my husband takes me out to dinner the rest of week it's one piece of lightly buttered toast with cup of coffee sugar/cream and an apple for breakfast, tuna sandwich with apple for lunch, and airfryer chicken or fish filet for dinner. It's been only one week on Alli I'm determined to lose 45 more lbs"

SassyCowgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

For Obesity "I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks ..great way to put on the pounds taking alli"

m hood January 10, 2018

For Obesity "Please Please do not use this drug. My husband who was in perfect health use this medicine and got diagnosed with colorectal cancer."

Extremecautiously January 2, 2018

For Obesity "This is the only diet aid that I would use. It is non addictive, and does not cause the jitters or sleeplessness. It's easy to use and it does the job. I've use Alli selectively off and on if I've had fat in a meal for many years. We aren't supposed to eat high fat, but it's satisfying and helps prevent carbo bingeing. And not every meal contains significant amount of fat. It also helps if you need to drop weight fairly quickly. All of the rumours about Alli are true. You will need to move your bowels more often and you may get I need a bowel motion type cramps. They say some of the side effects are deliberate, to prevent you from chowing down on a heaping plateful of ribs. Once, just once, I had an accident - fortunately, I was at home."

pinch210 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

For Obesity "This pill has worked for so many people so I thought I would give it a shot. I go to a dietician regularly for food allergies so my diet is already very healthy and effective. I took Alli not only for weight loss, but mostly because I had heard from friends it would help keep me regular. I will say if you cheat on your diet do not take Alli you will have oil movements instead of a normal bowel motion. However, even in my instance Alli caused me serious stomach issues. Although I did not have accidents I did have feelings that I was not going to make it to the restroom or extreme gas. This pill all depends on your body chemistry. Even with a good diet sometimes it will not work. However, I did start taking a veggie fiber after Alli and it has great benefits"

Anonymous November 29, 2017

For Obesity "I have never had kidney stones and started taking alli 1-2 times a day a few months ago. I was just taken to the hospital for a kidney stone. I have not changed any other meds or anything else. I believe the stone is a direct result of alli."

Dalms November 10, 2017

For Obesity "Rated Alli an 8 as I am using in conjunction with weight watchers, so don’t know if it is WW, Alli or the combination of the two, I have not experienced any side effects and week 1 lost 5lb"

Aug73 October 10, 2017

For Obesity "I've been taking alli for 3 weeks (only on week days with a bit of cheating at the weekend) and I've lost half a stone. You won't get any nasty side effects as long as you limit your fat intake to less than 15g a meal and avoid high fat foods. It's not a miracle drug, you can't just take it with an unhealthy diet (you will get the side effects then!) but with a healthy diet and exercise it increases your rate of weight loss. I think it's worth the money."

KateGW887 August 3, 2017

For Obesity "I agree, the awful side effects only happen when you deviate from the low-fat, reduced calorie diet. I have tried so many things and this is really the only thing that has worked for me. I have been taking it for a month now and have lost 6 pounds! In the past, I was only able to lose about half a pound a week on low calorie diets (fasting, intermittent fasting, Whole 30, weight watchers, etc). I have not had any accidents because I am afraid to eat anything that might make the side effects occur. It is such a great deterrent for me and it is working! I plan to take it until I lose another 30 pounds."

Daltonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

For Obesity "The moment I hit 30, my metabolism slowed. Despite working out and eating healthy, I felt bloated after I ate and I was irregular. I really felt like my body was overloaded and not processing things at a normal speed but I felt lethargic and hungry so I was starting to get depressed over the whole thing. I tried diuretics/lax and increasing fiber to no avail and the cramping sucked. This is making a real difference. I feel leaner and lighter and my joints aren't so overtaxed carrying the extra weight. My energy is way better. It's messy at times and not easy but if you have two weeks of down time where you can be by the bathroom, give this a go."

Kimber17 July 13, 2017

For Obesity "Okay so after reading some of the reviews I was a little reluctant to try Alli. There were comments saying how you would poop yourself etc. Well let me tell you no that does not happen if your eating a healthy diet . I love it and yes instead of losing the typical 2 pounds a week I am losing 3. So happy I tried this and will continue to use it . Down 16 pounds and 24 to go ! Check it out yourself before you read all the ridiculous comments . Eat healthy and yes it works!"

Kar4em11 July 1, 2017

For Obesity "I am not obese but I decided to try Alli as a weight loss supplement to help with my diet because I have zero willpower. I like to eat and eat until I'm full and I like pizza. I was 5'8" and 160 lbs. 40D-29-34. Dress size M/8. With no diet change, I lost a few pounds using Alli. Enough to throw out some too big clothing. At day 90 I changed my diet and began eating healthier and there's a change in my body shape. I had IBS constipation but Alli removed the need for me to take prescriptions for my IBS. I don't have accidents but I am very regular now -like clockwork! And the Alli works for me to lose the few lbs. I needed to lose. I can fit into a 6."

Maggiemaggamuff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 3, 2017

For Obesity "If you're having problems with oily farts then you're not following the recommendation of a reduced fat diet! That oil is fat your body isn't absorbing, anytime it starts happening to me it's my reminder I need to watch what I eat!! I also have IBS I now have regular BMs and haven't been as bloated. Also my appetite isn't as strong where I'm binge eating and I'm not craving junk food as much."

Unique Monique May 13, 2017