User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 351 reviews 140 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 47 reviews 44 medications

7.7
Summary of Victoza reviews 398 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "Victoza is all the things everone says. Burping, Nausea, Sleepiness No food cravings oh yeah and you lose your appetite and tons of weight and so much more. That was my goal... I am down 20 lbs in 4 weeks. I will suck it up so I can for once take something that will actually help me lose this awful weight and rid me of this Diabetes nightmare. One thing I can say is, it is not for whimps."

Sarah Sarah April 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "After reading hundreds of reviews I was very nervous about the side effects and I'm gonna be completely honest there the worse I've ever known I've never felt so ill in my life BUT it did only last 5 days on 0.6 and 2 days when I doubled to 1.2 so stick with it if it's getting you down I promise it is worth it!!!! I take my dose at 11am and find I can eat fairly normally throughout the day until about 6pm then I have a tiny dinner and feel full to the brim also I am finally getting a full night sleep as I'm not up every hour needing the toilet. Today I had my review and I'm over the moon I've lost 16lb with no effort at all... I highly recommend "

Hayley1985 April 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using victoza steadily since October 2016. I've had no side effects and along with diet my A1C has dropped from 10 to 6.9. I've lost almost 30 pounds as well. My only complaint is that there is waaayyyyyyyy too much left in the pen when it's reached it's last dose. I'm on 1.8mg. This is an expensive Med even with my discount card and my insurance. There needs to be away to get almost all of the med out. Too much is going to waste. I take lantus as well and because of the unit measurement of the drug I'm able to use an insulin syringe to get all of my medications ( that's expensive as well). I hope this issue can be solved eventually. It hurts my heart and pocket to see that medication wasted. Thanks."

Almost satisfied (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Viktoza for a month now, I've not had any nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea ... but also I haven't lost any weight and my blood sugar is the same at 13-15mmol/L before breakfast every morning. My energy levels have dropped and I feel more tired than I did without Viktoza. I'm a lot less hungry so I'm eating less than before but still no weight loss and no drop in blood sugar. Have also had periods of blurred vision and odd sensations in various parts of my body. I'm baffled because it seems to be doing lots for other people almost immediately yet it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all for me even after a month on 1.2 dosage. Any ideas?"

Grace Kirk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza exactly 4 weeks ago. I have felt nauseous from time to time but generally feel worse if I eat more than I needed. I can easily feel very full eating 700-800 calories a day. I haven't had any other side effects except that I have way more energy than before which is wonderful for someone who has fibromyalgia and is always tired!! The inches are melting away and I'm so happy to have lost 11.5lbs, it's amazing! After unexplained weight gain of 77lbs over the course of a year this is just what I needed. 1 month in and 1/6 of the weight I need to lose has already gone - if you haven't already, give it a go."

K-Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Hi I wanted to give another update. My last update was on March 22nd. Today made 5 weeks and 3 days on victoza and I am down 26lbs. I'm still eating healthy, hardly any appetite and haven't started any kind of exercise program yet. I have had no side effects other then light heartburn that i take an over the counter medication for. I have to say I am pleased so far with my results and look forward to the future."

NanaD2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "(2/2) from 0.6 to 1.2 I know my digestive system has slowed way down My doctor prescribed Metonia and Domperidone to counteract these side effects which seems to be working for me I also notice my appetite has continued to be low and I get full very quickly my blood sugar stabilized with 3-4 day after starting the Victoza and despite the side effects I am happy with this medication but hope not to be on it long term as I worry about long term side effects I would recommend this"

Catlover9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started the victosa 20/3/17 I have been taking it for a few weeks now was on 0.6 and now I have increased to 1.2 I had some side effects like nausea and constant sulphur burps they calmed down after about a week I am over 10 pounds down in nearly 3 weeks and also feel full throughout the day and night :)"

Emz 1 April 9, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I just started on 0.6 victoza two days ago. No side effects whatsoever. Feel great. But I feel full all the time - not just full but stuffed. I aim to lose 125lbs.. I'll keep you posted."

Gal175 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on victoza since Feb 15 2017. I have had barely any side effects and have lost 30 lbs. The medicine does not work by its self I take the 1.8 dose and I eat low carb and low sugar. I also have fibromialgia and Hashimotos. I go thru the patient assistance program to get my victoza."

Rosie E (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'd been on Victoza for over a year. I never lost any weight. I didn't really see much of a difference in my A1C's, but kept taking it because my sugars at least weren't going up. My current A1C is 7.2. A couple months ago, I started having major bloating problems, including nausea and occasional vomiting. It progressed to a hospitalization for chest pain (ruled out cardiac) and then to GI who did UGI as well as Gastric Emptying Study and showed Gastroparesis. OMG!! The GI doc said Victoza is notorious for causing this. Thank God my case is reversible because I caught it early enough. Of course no more Victoza for me!!!"

Firecracker. (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started a two week trial of Victoza prescribed by my Dr on 3/8/17. I was nervous about giving myself injections as well as the side effects. I started at 0.6 but after no side effects I increased my dose on my own to 1.2. I lost 8 lbs after 9 days but it kept fluctuating 1-2 lbs. I grew skeptical and started to believe this was too good to be true. After a 30lb weight gain in the last 7 months from stress eating, my appetite was finally under control so I continued with the injections. My insurance appvd the drug and last week my dose was increased to 1.8. Today is April 3, and without diet or exercise, I am down 12.5 lbs (in about 3 1/2 weeks). I'm excited and can't wait to reach my goal weight of 165 lbs. Good luck!"

Faithful-E (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "my blood sugar was 300 to 400+, last week I got a fast pass to the Hospital because it went up to 500+, my doctor put me now on Victoza and my blood sugar is around the 166, I know is the first week, but yeah, Nausea, Headache, the feeling of fever and pokes on the stomach are there. What I did was instead of the 1.2 doses I'm supposed to be, I started from about .6, hopefully I'll be on 1.2 by next week, . be ready for pregnant side effects, 3/30/2017"

Fernando O March 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Victoza for about a month. Started at 0.6mg for the first two weeks and lost about 3 pounds. Increased to 1.2mg after two weeks and have lost an extra 9 pounds for a total of twelve pounds the first month. My main complaint is a little upset stomach and a little diarrhea. But I can handle it for the sake of weight loss. I seriously cannot eat no where near as much as before. I used to be able to eat 6 pieces of a papa John's large pizza in one sitting. Now I can barely eat 2 without the crust. I have waaaaayyyy more energy now. I don't understand how some people are having problems with injection site. I Wash my hands and use alcohol to clean injection site before I give myself the shot."

Kiki83111111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking victoza. A1c down in half. I had sick feelings first month. I lost 50 pounds in 4 months."

Dave2718 March 27, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "5'4 start weight 251 lbs. Started Victoza March 8, 2017 and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I was put on this medicine because I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I also have a thyroid disorder that I've been dealing with the pass 10+ years and have had difficulty with weight loss. It slightly decreases my appetite but I am still hungry. I don't forget to eat, I just don't have the constant hunger. Most of the time I don't even feel the needle stick. When I do feel it, it's painless. In the first 2 weeks, I may have had some heart burn or acid reflux type symptoms but that was only for a couple of days and not severe, very minor. I haven't exercised in the two weeks since starting because of another issue but will start back this week."

TeeBee125 March 26, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor suggested victoza. The biggest side effects are constipation and upset stomach. I burp and have gas a lot. My appetite is gone and I can't eat as much. I fill up quickly. I have only lost a few pounds but I am only 17 pounds overweight. I will stick with it. My fasting sugar numbers have been between 100 and 115. I will stick with it."

cinderlast (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Hi, following up.from my post on 3/14/17. So I started victoza on 3/6/17 which was 2 weeks and 1 day ago as of today, I went to the dr today and have lost 15lbs. I have no side effects and am on 10 (clicks) of the pen. I still have no desire to eat and have to make myself. Still having to find things that I want to eat. I've had the same things I posted early. Chicken, lean beef, lots of veggies, no carbs and lots of fruit and water (when I eat). I can excited to see what the next 2 weeks bring."

NanaD2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I tried Victoza 0.6 a few months ago, had severe dizziness 24/7; stopped. Wanted to try it again, as I have to lose weight and am insulin resistant. This time started at 0.3 (5 clicks). Had the headaches (head, neck), burping + some nausea, but stuck w it for 3+ weeks before moving up to 0.6. After 2+ wks of 0.6, I'm now at 0.9, largely w/o side effects except constipation. My endocrinologist says the best weight loss is at 3.0, but at 0.9, I'm absolutely seeing wt loss (6 lbs in a month) and noticing distinct lack of hunger. I'm cautiously giving it a rating of 8, because it still beats amphetamine-like appetite suppressants. If you have trouble, start very low and take your time moving up; so far, I believe it's worth it."

movin' south (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Down 14 lbs in 4 weeks. No appetite, waves of nausea from time to time. I vomited the first week with it, and I have had two episodes of diarrhea. I am on 1.8 now for almost a week and am feeling better. This is exactly what I needed to get my eating under control. Love the fact that I'm not hungry and that food does not look or sound appealing to me at all. So now I make myself eat and when I do I'm choosing healthy foods."

Wldhair46 March 19, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started victoza on 3/6/17 and have had a great experience so far. No side effects and it suppresses my hunger all day, I have to make myself eat and it doesn't take much to fill me when I do. I just don't want food and have had to find certain things that I can actually eat and like because it just doesn't taste the same anymore. I am drinking plenty of water though. I'm excited to see how much weight I can lose with this along with watching what I eat. No carbs, lots of greens and fruits I do allow myself 3 to 4oz of chicken or lean beef aday."

NanaD2 March 13, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 0.6mg on 03/04/17. I have experienced severe nausea, and have vomited twice in the first week. I just increased the dose to 1.2, and the nausea has only gotten worse. I am down 5lbs in the first week. I would like to continue for a month to see if the side effects lessen, other wise will not be able to continue."

Tammy20 March 12, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I just started Victoza yesterday. I have only felt sleepy about mid afternoon. Not sure if that is a part of side affect or not. I can tell you I woke up this morning and have not be hungry in the least. However; knowing I need to have something I forced myself to have a salad for lunch. I became very sleepy after eating. I am drinking a lot of water. I hope to see a significant reduction in weight especially since I'm up to close to 300 lbs although, it doesn't really show that I would be that heavy. I am very hopeful, and I also am watching my carbs. The reviews of some I have read have encouraged me. Looking for a new me with in the next couple of weeks and months. I have only given a rating of 1 since I have just started."

Queen Diva7 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor gave me samples of Victoza to take along with metformin. Started on .6 and then increased to 1.2. I have been on it for a little over a month. Don't know if it's working on my a1c numbers as I have not had tests yet. I am having terrible headaches, neck hurts and fatigue all the time. It's making me hungry all the time, have gained 5 pounds. But the worse side effect is welts that are red and itchy at the injection sites. My doctor has told me to stop taking it. Do not recommend!! I was on Trulicity , which was working wonderful, lowered by A1c level from 8.4 to 6.1, but cost is way to high and that's with insurance! so back to the drawing board. :-("

af2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm just starting on .6. I've been on it for 2 days and I've already noticed the total lack of desire for food. My goal is only 25 lbs. so I'm combining it with the gym 3-4 days a week. I'll certainly come back in a few weeks to keep you all posted. Good luck to all."

Mother of 4 in SC (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017