User Reviews for Victoza

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Victoza.

Weight Loss

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Summary of Victoza reviews 8.0 483 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "Due to my insurance not covering Victoza, or any "anorexiant", my weight specialist is switching me to Sandexa. She is giving me her samples..."as long as you keep losing"! This is awesome. With Victoza, down 16 lbs. in 2 weeks! I know this is the kick-start I need to help me loose another 100lb. Has anyone gone from Victoza to Sandexa and noticed a difference, or does it work effectively the same? Your comments are appreciated! ;-)"

BlueEyz57 November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I'm actually a physician, 6'0 -- used to be 175 pounds, but this job has caused me to stress-eat so much that I ballooned to 220 pounds. Started Victoza at 1.2mg daily; couldn't tolerate going up to 1.8mg due to severe nausea, so I take about 1.5mg (intermediate click between 1.2 and 1.8) daily, and will occasionally take an additional 0.6-1.2mg dose later in the day before a large meal or if I feel the craving for pasta or noodles or a big dinner. COMPLETE loss of cravings for snacks. The thought of sugary/carby things does not interest me any longer. Feel full after a few bites. It's only been a few weeks but I've already lost 12 pounds. Combining this with high-intensity diet and exercise as well, and possibly a ketogenic diet. A+!"

doctorglp1 November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just started this med 2 weeks ago. I feel awful: generally ill feeling (like a cold or flu), severe headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramping (feels like I've done a massive workout and let the muscles cool down without stretching), muscle weakness (where it's a chore to lift arms and legs...skin pain, too), trouble sleeping, I can feel my heart pounding and hear it in my ears, coughing, and I don't know what else. I have spoken to my doctor and been told this will go away, but I'm concerned. My vision wasn't great before, but seems worse now. Not sure what to do..."

MBDub (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. Due to needing a total knee replacement was already trying to lose the 70lbs needed to have the surgery with little success. Thank goodness, I was restarted on Victoza on October 16, 2017. Since then, my blood sugar has consistently been 110-120. I have very little appetite along with nausea after the daily shot. I eat very little but was shocked to find out I am down 40 lbs since Oct 16th. I honestly believe this is due to the Victoza and diurectics I have for excessive water retention. Thanks Victoza!"

DFaith November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza in September 2017 and have lost 40 pounds. I'm thrilled with the weight loss however I continue to experience vomiting and diarrhea. Anything with red sauce is a big no for me. Can anyone recommend foods that they find are easy to manage? Any feedback is helpful. Thank you for your time..."

Lee from Boston November 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Victoza 2 weeks ago, just started 1.8 injection today. First week was the worst as far as getting sick. Things are better now still get a little nauseated now and then. (Mostly if I try to eat something sweet.) My morning sugars are looking closer to normal. They've have gone from 240 to 130 ( and I was also on Glyburide, Januvia, and insulin shot.) so it 240 readings were with these 3 medicines) Also lost 7 pounds... pretty cool."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I took the first injection in my doctor's office November 15, 2017. It's only one week but I'm down 8 pounds and feel like this may be what I need. I need to lose just over 100 lbs. I feel a little nauseous at times, but the appetite has dwindled and barely any cravings. Eating anything really sweet or sugary tastes disgusting. I'm taking this with Invokana so I'm not sure how this all works long term. Unfortunately, my drug insurance may not cover this. I certainly cannot afford to pay for more than a couple of months. I'm currently being checked for PCOS. So whether or not that makes a difference, I'll have to wait and see. I'm glad this available and I think this is what is going to work for me."

Anonymous November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on vitoza since 2013. I have lost 60 lbs and still losing but slower. My A1C has been 6.9 mostly. I sometimes get nauseated but not often. It has been a miracle for me!"

L chlebik November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "11/5/2017 Taking Victoza again, tried it a year ago and noticed it really helped with belly fat, lost a lot of hair though! Ended up quitting and getting hair extensions until my hair grew back. Back on victoza 0.6, already seeing a difference on the scale and around my tummy, 5 pounds in one week...and also saw more hair on my hair brush...have heard that lysine and collagen are good supplements to avoid hair loss? so am going to add those in because the weight loss is real. I never lose more than 2 pounds in a month and I work hard to eat below 1500 calories a day and low carb and walk. So a 5 pound weight loss in one week is stunning for me. Will probably take for 3 months and then hopefully will reach goal and stop taking"

Lorraine B. November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My July of 2017 A1C came back at 8.3% I went on Victoza 1.2 on September 1st. I just got my newest A1C and it came back at 6.4%. I feel great and thank Victoza and a couple diet modifications for this big change."

RobertMartin November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hi. I started this for Weightloss which exacerbated other health problems. In the last six months I’ve gradually gone up to 3mg per day. My weight was 155kg and is now 130.6kg. I had some sickness at the start and slightly when I increased the dosage. It’s changed my eating habits as I feel less hungry and the amount I can eat has gone down. To be honest the beginning was slightly tough but worth persisting with, just keep the faith."

Weise November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hi, haven't posted since April 2017 when I was so happy to have lost 11.5 lbs in 4 weeks....Well now I've been taking Victoza for 7 months - I have no side effects whatsoever and upped my dose to 3ml each day since mid Jul and I've lost a total of 67 pounds without even trying. I can't finish big meals and automatically eat healthier foods. I never snack as I'm not hungry and I honestly NEVER spend time thinking about food :) I couldn't be happier! My goal weight is 147lbs so 33lbs to go, not much longer."

K-Jane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been taking Victoza for 9 weeks. Some blood levels have been acceptable but not really spectacular. My main problem now seems to be regarding the definite feeling of physical laziness due to the medicine itself. My endocrinologist will be viewing my glucose journal in the beginning of December and I guess we’ll take things from there. This life of listless unmotivated physicality is definitely getting to me. I wish my glucose readings were lower. I shall carry on. Don"

dhhanlon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started off 6-7 months ago with low dose then up to 1.2 daily. Experienced mild side effects, not everyday but pushed through. Sugars in the 200`s to 170. No weight loss. Recently sugars jumped up a bit. So I increased victozia to about 1.4. Sugars climbed and the "serious" side effects occurred. The confusion and fevers I cannot have in my daily life. Stopping today, will see doc in a few days and blood work due. Not expecting blood to have significant positive changes. Injection hurts, bruising all the time. Take metformin and alogloptin too."

Anonymous September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Victoza for almost a week. No side effects. My food cravings were gone on the second day. I was amazed. Even more so now is that my apatite has decreased and starch and sugar cravings are gone. Once in a while I'll get the sweet tooth but I've always had carb issues. Those are gone. I'm so amazed. Hopefully the weight will disappear soon. I'll keep monthly updates. My insurance does not cover. I hope I can find a way to pay this when my Dr. can no longer give me samples."

Eileen Q September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started 4 days ago. My intital readings were over 400. It's taken them down to between 220-280. Most days I'm nauseous and no energy. Today I violently threw up after a meal and have felt much better since. I had two choices, this or Lantis. I chose this to help lose weight. It better work. My blood pressure has increased a bit, so I'm concerned it might not be worth the trade off. I'll give it a few weeks and see if things improve."

Capt1073 September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza has been great for me. My numbers are 88 to 125 consistently. The first couple weeks were a little rough with the side effects but my body has adjusted the last 2 weeks. I am eating normal meals, snacking a little more and sleeping better. My A1c was 8.3 in June, gets checked again in November. Based on my blood sugar testing, I expect my A1c to be below 7. Thank you Victoza!!!"

Amas Buddy September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Victoza for almost a month now. I thankfully have no side effects and have lost 8 pounds so far. I have PCOS and for the last 6 years I couldn't loose any weight. I really tried everything: no sugar , gluten free, low carb ! It feels amazing to finally see the weight come off. I have not been exercising but Victoza is helping with my cravings , I am almost never hungry and I don't think about food at all. It s amazing to feel normal again."

EllaMKC (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Lymphoma is the gift Victoza gave me"

tmunro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Victoza 1.8 for many years. Until recent blood work showed everything screwed up. When I went to my GP he told me the medication is basically killing me. Its making me lethargic, slowing down my metabolism, I am gaining weight and my body chemistry is dysfunctional. He ordered me to stop Victoza, its been a few days, I am still blah. Time will tell."

dyspond September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Victoza for 3 mos now and saw my Dr yesterday, happy to report down 40 lbs in 3 mos and now increased to 1.8 dosage. If you can stick it out with the side effects, it does get better. I barely have any side effects anymore...not 100% gone but much better! Pending for the results on my A1C reading but I feel it is much better than it was prior to this RX."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Doctor started me on the 0.6 with instructions to increase to 1.2 after 1 week. At 1.2 the side effects became so intense, went back to .6 and have done much better without the side effects. My appetite has been a lot less and I can't wait until my next Dr. visit to check on the weight loss!! Side effects have been tolerable on 0.6. Very pleased with Victoza."

fbcmontgo (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hi, I am 36 yr Male, Non Diabetic. I recently have started Victoza 0.6 Mg dose. I was using Xenical and I am still using it together with victoza. "

K965 September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Victoza for a few months and it caused me to have Gastroparesis! Sometimes diabetes meds can cause gastroparesis but my doctors were doubly sure it was the Victoza that did it!! I hope nobody else gets this!!! Now I have something else I have to live with the rest of my life!!"

Pandasmommy13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Started taking Victoza on March 25th weighing 318lbs. Experienced mild side effects - loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation. I have now lost 30 lbs and this drug has drastically changed the way I eat and view food, and I no longer have any day to day side effects. I am eating much less at meals, no snacking, and it has changed my cravings for junk food and sugar. Most peculiar of all is the fact that I am unable to drink beer anymore! I love beer, but after 1 my stomach turns inside out and I feel sick - not good for my love of beer, great for the health benefits of not drinking beer :) I have hit a few plateaus but then the weight loss begins again. I have gone down 2 pant sizes - this is a miracle drug for me!!"

Divemasterdave September 8, 2017