User Reviews for Victoza

Weight Loss
7.9

Summary of Victoza reviews 8.0 559 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was recently diagnosed a Type 2 Diabetic, insulin resistant. I started Victoza along with Metformin on 8/1/18; as of today (9/14/19) I have lost 33 pounds. I am watching my diet closely & walking 2 times a day. So far, so good. I feel so much better."

JDL (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza for 2 weeks. Started with 0.6mg for 1st week then up to 1.2mg now. Some nausea and headaches but not bad at all. Glucose levels are way down. Anywhere from 75-119. Before victoza glucose was in 270’s. My only complaint is fatigue. I just want to sleep and lay around. Difficult to go to work everyday. I hope this passes soon. I would like to stay on it because of the improvement in blood sugar and appetite is down. Anyone else have this issue???"

Dobielover (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Weight Loss "Victoza worked great for the first month or so I lost 15 lbs. No side effects at all. What I did find however was that this medication stops working after a month or so after my initial loss of weight it became very difficult if not impossible to lose more weight."

Samsung (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've started Victoza almost 2 months ago. Was doing well first few days. Then about 4 days in had a bad night of vomiting. Didn't really eat next day, then it seemed to subside. I don't have any appetite & have been eating mainly veggies & some fruits. Increased to 1.2 and again about 3 days in had the vomiting & this time diarrhea. Again, only 1 day & went away. Tried increasing to 1.8, but can't handle it. My Dr said to just continue with 1.2 for now. Been good for about 2 weeks until last night. I have been vomiting & really bad diarrhea since about 10:30pm. It's now 1:30pm next day & still diarrhea. I can't even keep water down. I've lost about 20lbs so far, but this isn't worth it. Not sure I can continue taking this getting sick..."

DD (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been on Victoza approximately 6 weeks. It's covered by insurance because I was "close enough" to diabetic/pre-diabetic, so gave it a chance. I had done some research about using it for weight loss, and the recommendation was don't move to the higher strength until your weight-loss plateau's at a certain strength. It wasn't up to 1.8 until around 4.5 weeks, but I've lost 27 lbs do far. It is like Saxenda but Saxenda goes up to 3..0 mg because it is indicated for weight loss. I wish I could keep increasing my dose but insurance would cut me off if I went beyond 1.8. Well, so far so good. "

Macklincj1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm 51 years old 5 ft 2 in, on July 25th I weighed 237lb and the doctor put me on Victoza sample dose 0.6. I've lost almost 10 pounds in a month continuing on the 0.6 dose until the first week of September as per Dr request. Sticking to the 1200 calories per day and light walking. I've joined the gym yesterday so I'm going to try and to go at least 3 x week. On medication feel so much better. I didn't realize how much the calories and sugar affecting me before. My heart was racing all the time could not sleep. I started the medication. I notice a big difference in my health over the past month. I can sleep better now. I don't have the anxiousness and feeling like my heart was racing all the time. Even the brain fog I don't have anymore. I can't wait to tell the doctor in 2 weeks how much better I feel since I've been taking this medication. I hope insurance approves the saxenda soon."

Exray539 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Weight Loss "Today is my first day taking it I went for the 1.8ml took it in the morning before coming to work. It's now 7pm and I've been feeling nauseated, was kind of scared in the beginning but will go through it. Lets see how much I loose and will keep you all posted :)"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on victoza for several years and it has worked wonderfully for my type 2 diabetes, I've had no side effects. My problem is this... A year ago my prescription insurance changed and I now reach a donut hole which the amount I pay for victoza is approx. With my insurance it is $145 for a 90 day supply, then in the donut hole it raises to close to $600.00 for a 90 day supply which I cannot afford. My question is this... how can victoza charge so much for their drug and expect people to remain taking it?"

katie August 7, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm non diabetic but have hypothyroidism. My Dr. Suggested victoza for the weight loss which was gained due to thyroid. I started victoza 0.6mg on 25/7/18 then increased the dosage to 1.2mg from 31/7/18. Yes significant loss of appetite. My weight is not coming off yes but I can see some difference when I look into the mirror in terms of inch loss. I have been an athlete so exercise and weight training is something which I regularly do and also have an average diet plan with proteins. Was just waiting and wondering about when can I see a proper weight loss on the measuring scale. But I'm confident it will soon..."

NM (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been using victoza for one month so far. I've increased gradually to 1.8 now . I have not experience any side effects except some tiredness. Sugar level is controlled . No weight loss so far and I believe lack of exercise contributed to this. I am continuing hoping to lose some weight. Dr. Will decide after more two months - if no weight loss will revert to my previous tabs . Will wait and see"

Maggie August 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on Medicare with supplemental drug insurance. I’ve taken Victoza for over a year. I lost 70 pounds and my last A-1C was 5.8. It costs me $128 per month. Twice a year I pay over $400 per month . This stuff works great, but I can’t afford it. I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago and my blood sugar has gone up significantly. I’ve tried applying for financial aid but I don’t qualify. Oh well, Novo Nordisk, you get no more of my money and my health will suffer."

Rob (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 07/17/2018 with 0.6 for about 4 days. After a couple of weeks, I gradually increased to 1.8. I barely eat due to the decrease in my appetite. The nausea isn't as bad as it was when I first started, but I still have a little. I lost 3 pounds within the first few days. I like the medication so far. No serious side effects besides nausea."

mspaula702 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza 0.6 three weeks ago I felt nauseous and terrible at first. This time I gave my injection earlier in the the day I noticed I felt better. I haven’t weighed myself yet but I can already tell I’ve already lost at lest 5 or more pounds it’s been two to three weeks since I started I also have PCOS so struggling to loose weight, it is a so hard. Now I feel that I eat less, crave sugar less I can only hope to continue to lose more weight. I was unsure to try injections but the needles are so small given correct you don’t even feel them."

Anonymous July 26, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza, 0.6mg, only 3 days ago. I immediately felt nauseated, weak and had no appetite. I did not want to eat, I could scarcely make myself eat. On day 4, before, I had taken my 4th dose, I got severe lower abdominal pain, burning diarrhea. I felt very ill and sat on the toilet all day. I took prilosec, imodium, sip only of water and felt really horrible. I will speak with my doctor about this but I will not take this medication again."

Laurie (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Weight Loss "Started on Victoza the beginning of June/18 - nausea was terrible for the first couple of weeks -have gradually moved up to 1.8 this week. Weight seemed to come off fairly quickly the first couple of weeks but now slowing down -total of about 15 lbs. I’ve noticed as well that my body shape is changing. Drug is expensive and not covered by my insurance but I’m going to try to continue. Would love to lose another 15."

Cheryls48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Weight Loss "Victoza. Started 0.6 for one week then upped to 1.2 for last 8 weeks . Combined with metformin and thyroid (ndt). I inject last thing at night. Lost nothing the first week, then 1lb a day for the first week on the higher dose, then about 1-2lb per week (minus a gap of 6 days when I was travelling and forgot to bring it and put on 4lb) since then. Lost about 14lbs in total. Never has this happened to me before, so I am very happy. Seems to have stalled a bit now, so may need to up the dose. Side effects: craving for orange juice, eating ice cream (neither of which I had before), heartburn (bad), sweating buckets (horrible. - dripping down the back of my neck), occasional diarrhoea (awful) alternating with constipation (bearable), sleepiness, very mild nausea. All getting better. I'm 65, female, exercise regularly, and eat well (5 years since I have eaten gluten)."

ali_r (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started the medicine at 0.6 on a Thursday. Taking it at 9:00 PM in case I have nausea. Friday, I have significant cold symptoms, runny nose, watery eyes, fairly severe headache. Saturday, my eyes are swollen and I know am coughing every few minutes. By Sunday noon, my eyes are almost swollen shut, my throat is swelling, making it hard to breathe if I lay down. I decided to stop the medication after 3 days due to the eye and throat issue. I won't risk my vision."

MG (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started on Victoza June 12th @ .06 - 2 weeks today , no side effects but also no weight loss. My Dr said to call him in a month and see how I was tolerating it and then he would up my dose. I eat the same as I did before - no difference, I'll keep you posted"

adiannas- nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taken Victozia almost 2 months ago. The dose was 1.2 I lost 12 pounds. Before I started taking it I ask my primary care doctor to send me to an endocrinologist. Thank goodness I did because I found out that Victozia causes pancreatitis. I was having bad stomach pain and my bowles did not move normally anymore. The endocrinologist told me to stop taking the Victoza immediately. Also, it should not be taken with Glimepiride. This drug will cause long-term effects on your organs."

pb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started victoza a little under 3 weeks ago and I have lost around 12 pounds. I've been on the 1.2 dose for about a week and I have no negative side effects. I have PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) so weigh tloss has always been a bit slower for me, but this seems so be helping. Before I started victoza I had to eat under 20 carbs a day and exercise a lot to get the scale to budge at all. Now I'm just limiting my calories to under 1200 a day and going for daily walks. My weight isn't melting off like some people experience on this drug, but it's definitely helping me."

Reviewer13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Weight Loss "I used victoza for type 2 diabetes but I will not talk about that. Victoza helped me to lose 20+ kilograms in very short time( two months). First month the drug will make you hate food and hating eating a lot, but then I start losing weight magically because I learned to eat less with the help of victoza . Moreover, victoza lowered my blood sugar to normal (~100 in the morning) after the third use."

Afvb1909 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 1.8ml dose on 5/22. 5 days later I have lost 10 lbs. A little nausea and stomach ache but nothing I can't handle. I have absolutely no appetite and to desire for food. Love Victoza so far."

Momof5 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Weight Loss "Victoza did wonders for me; not only helped aided in weight loss but has me feeling super energized during the day. Overall I'm pleased with Victoza. Noticed slight nausea during my trial period but that's subsided after about 5 days of usage. My appetite has significantly reduced and made it easy for me to eat clean (mostly plant based meals and lots of H20..NO gluten or dairy). I've lost a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks along with regular exercise and diet. Victoza is truly amazing:-)"

Fabulous_Scorpio01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Prescribed in Nov 2017. Additionally take 2g of metformin at that time. Titrated up from 0.6 to 1.2. During that time, I lost 30 lbs, and my a1c went down to 5.8 (207 to 187). Initially was taking it in the morning, but it was making me sick at work, so I started to take it after work, so if I was sick I was at home. Mostly no appetite, and nausea, and occasionally a headache. It went away after 3 weeks. Now I am increasing my dosage from 1.2 to 1.8 to see if I can reduce my metformin and lose more weight to reduce my liver enzyme numbers. While it was difficult at times when I first started taking the drug, I'm still excited to see if I will lose additional weight with the increase in dosage. I'm ok with the temporary side effects, because I know they will eventually go away. Additionally being at my lowest weight since 2003 is totally worth it, not to mention better liver enzyme levels and less arthritis pain due to less weight."

Cady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza for almost 3 weeks and recently bumped my dosage to 1.8 per dr's orders. At first I only had minor indigestion, no big deal. Now with the higher dose my whole body hurts. Everything aches and all I want to do is lay in bed due to the pain. Hoping this gets better or I'll either decrease the dosage or get back on my Metformin. This pain is ridiculous."

Alaska1010 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...