User Reviews for Victoza

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Summary of Victoza reviews 8.0 571 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "I took this injection for the first time just before going out for lunch. After returning home, my stomach started churning. I became nauseated and started vomiting for the next 24 hours. I thought I had food poisoning. It took 48 hours to recover. I then took the Victoza again and had the same symptoms. I was unable to hold down food, water or my blood pressure medicine for 48 hours. I remained nauseated for a week after that. I called my doctor who said stop taking it. I threw it away."

Tig2 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started on Victoza a little over 3 weeks ago, at 5'5", 197 lbs. I am at the 1.8 dosage. I've lost ~5 pounds. I am active and am on Weight Watches but have been unable to lose weight for over 9 months until I started Victoza. I've had some side effects; elevated BP and a bit of a consistent headache (I'm trying to counteract this by eliminating caffeine, increasing water, reducing anti-inflammatory meds) and tiredness. However, the decrease in appetite is a welcome relief!"

CAI (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "Was on it 4 months before it stopped working. I was on 1.2 for 2.5 months and then 1.8 for 6 weeks. I had insulin resistance but was not pre-diabetic when I started it. I lost 30lbs and was full on 1500 calories a day. Given my level of activity, I should have only lost about 18-20lbs. Magical stuff."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Weight Loss "Started trial of Victoza from Dr. He wanted to check side effects before prescibing Saxenda. Lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. BUT, insurance denied coverage for Saxenda so back to Dr. Second request for authorization and gave me another trial of Victoza. Insurance denied Saxenda again. I registered for the Saxenda prescription savings card and today went to my pharmacy $1021!!!! Talking to pharmacist he recommended getting script for Victroza bc insurance likes the price. Approved and my co pay is $25! I do get nausea when I increase dose, it doesn't last. Dry mouth bad first few weeks but helped me be motivated drink water. Diarrhea, yes rotating with constipation. Food doesn't appeal to me. Often don't eat dinner or just a few bites. LOT of fatigue. Heartburn mild but I think its bc I forget to eat and my stomach is empty. BOTTOM LINE.... love this for weight loss. SIde effects aren't perm. I'm losing weight. BEST part? I figured out how to get insurance coverage!!!!"

Hopeless (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started to lose weight with Victoza because I vomited twice a day for 3 weeks. When I finally got used to the drug I did see my sugar come down but not stay low for a 24 hour period. I has to stop because my co-pay was over $180 per month."

Geon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medication has been miraculous for me in managing type 2 diabetes, and losing weight as a big side perk. Although some side effects made the first six weeks challenging, after I had only been on it 3 months my a1c had dropped from 8.9 to 5.7 and I'd lost 40 pounds. Now I've been on it 9 months and my blood sugars are consistently in a normal range as well as having lost 82 pounds. As it slows digestion you feel full longer and eat less, although that can cause some heartburn/reflex, but it's manageable. I do know others personally that say this shot had no effect for them, but for me, it's been a life changer. I'm continuing to lose weight much slower but I'm 18 pounds until a "normal" weight for my height. I have been on the 1.8 dose since March."

Pippa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started on Victoza 11 days ago. I'm 36 years old, 5'10, I weighed 210. I'm down to 200 right now. So 10lbs gone. I had tried other diets such as keto and weight watchers. They would work for a bit but with my schedule they were hard to stick to. I also have PCOS. This drug has taken all those cravings for sugar away. I eat now not out of joy but out of necessity. I am not restricted. That was always my biggest downfall with other weight loss programs. I started on .6 for one week. I'm on 1.2 now. Saturday I'll go up to 1.8. I haven't had many side effects. Just nausea if I haven't eaten before my shot and if I have a big bunch of sugary foods. Lack of appetite is considered a side effect, but that's why I'm taking it so I don't list it. I have Medicare and they would not cover Saxenda but didn't have issue with Victoza."

MRB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Weight Loss "I've used Victoza for 14 months at a max dosage of 1.8 mg. It has allowed me to loose 65 lbs and I continue to loose at a rate of about a pound every 10-12 days."

Maria (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "There was a feeling of fullness. That caused belching as if I needed or I felt I would be throwing up soon. I tried to eat because my appetite is diminished on therapy, to assist in absorbing sulfur smelling burps."

Day (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My A1C crept up to 9.0 on Metformin ER 2000mg daily. So doctor put me on 1.8 Victoza of course gradually increasing dose from 0.6 to 1.8. At the third week I was at 1.8 and feeling terribly weak and out of sorts, sure my BGL had improved but seriously felt much worse overall. I finally backed off to 1.2 and really did not feel much better. The costs of this medication is enormous $880 from WalMart for essentially a months worth (3 Pens) at 1.8 dose level. My co pay was $176 and was simply too much to afford a drug with some benefits but also some serious negatives also. In the end I decided after 3 Pens I was done with this drug because it created too many side effects that significantly affected my daily life and the costs was far to high to continue to use the drug."

John IL (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Weight Loss "I am 37 years old, 5'5". My starting weight on September 20, 2018 was 233.7lbs. I have had 3 femoral and tibial osteotomies over the last 3 years. This is has made exercise very difficult and extremely painful. Hence the recommendation of Victoza by my Physician and Surgeon. Since starting 8 days ago at 0.6mg I have lost 11.5 lbs bringing me to 222.2 lbs. I increased to 1.2mg yesterday. I feel very successful. Symptoms- They haven't been unmanageable but sometimes more noticeable than others. Dry mouth, weird feeling tongue, nausea, heartburn, and lack of appetite. But, I've found peppermint tea helps with all of the symptoms. I'm going to keep going to reach my goal of 80 lbs lost."

Kaykes (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Weight Loss "I didn't know this drug had a weight loss aspect to it. I started on Victoza last November for diabetes. So far I have lost 48 lbs and my A1C recently was fantastic."

Roger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was recently diagnosed a Type 2 Diabetic, insulin resistant. I started Victoza along with Metformin on 8/1/18; as of today (9/14/19) I have lost 33 pounds. I am watching my diet closely & walking 2 times a day. So far, so good. I feel so much better."

JDL (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza for 2 weeks. Started with 0.6mg for 1st week then up to 1.2mg now. Some nausea and headaches but not bad at all. Glucose levels are way down. Anywhere from 75-119. Before victoza glucose was in 270’s. My only complaint is fatigue. I just want to sleep and lay around. Difficult to go to work everyday. I hope this passes soon. I would like to stay on it because of the improvement in blood sugar and appetite is down. Anyone else have this issue???"

Dobielover (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Weight Loss "Victoza worked great for the first month or so I lost 15 lbs. No side effects at all. What I did find however was that this medication stops working after a month or so after my initial loss of weight it became very difficult if not impossible to lose more weight."

Samsung (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've started Victoza almost 2 months ago. Was doing well first few days. Then about 4 days in had a bad night of vomiting. Didn't really eat next day, then it seemed to subside. I don't have any appetite & have been eating mainly veggies & some fruits. Increased to 1.2 and again about 3 days in had the vomiting & this time diarrhea. Again, only 1 day & went away. Tried increasing to 1.8, but can't handle it. My Dr said to just continue with 1.2 for now. Been good for about 2 weeks until last night. I have been vomiting & really bad diarrhea since about 10:30pm. It's now 1:30pm next day & still diarrhea. I can't even keep water down. I've lost about 20lbs so far, but this isn't worth it. Not sure I can continue taking this getting sick..."

DD (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been on Victoza approximately 6 weeks. It's covered by insurance because I was "close enough" to diabetic/pre-diabetic, so gave it a chance. I had done some research about using it for weight loss, and the recommendation was don't move to the higher strength until your weight-loss plateau's at a certain strength. It wasn't up to 1.8 until around 4.5 weeks, but I've lost 27 lbs do far. It is like Saxenda but Saxenda goes up to 3..0 mg because it is indicated for weight loss. I wish I could keep increasing my dose but insurance would cut me off if I went beyond 1.8. Well, so far so good. "

Macklincj1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm 51 years old 5 ft 2 in, on July 25th I weighed 237lb and the doctor put me on Victoza sample dose 0.6. I've lost almost 10 pounds in a month continuing on the 0.6 dose until the first week of September as per Dr request. Sticking to the 1200 calories per day and light walking. I've joined the gym yesterday so I'm going to try and to go at least 3 x week. On medication feel so much better. I didn't realize how much the calories and sugar affecting me before. My heart was racing all the time could not sleep. I started the medication. I notice a big difference in my health over the past month. I can sleep better now. I don't have the anxiousness and feeling like my heart was racing all the time. Even the brain fog I don't have anymore. I can't wait to tell the doctor in 2 weeks how much better I feel since I've been taking this medication. I hope insurance approves the saxenda soon."

Exray539 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Weight Loss "Today is my first day taking it I went for the 1.8ml took it in the morning before coming to work. It's now 7pm and I've been feeling nauseated, was kind of scared in the beginning but will go through it. Lets see how much I loose and will keep you all posted :)"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on victoza for several years and it has worked wonderfully for my type 2 diabetes, I've had no side effects. My problem is this... A year ago my prescription insurance changed and I now reach a donut hole which the amount I pay for victoza is approx. With my insurance it is $145 for a 90 day supply, then in the donut hole it raises to close to $600.00 for a 90 day supply which I cannot afford. My question is this... how can victoza charge so much for their drug and expect people to remain taking it?"

katie August 7, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm non diabetic but have hypothyroidism. My Dr. Suggested victoza for the weight loss which was gained due to thyroid. I started victoza 0.6mg on 25/7/18 then increased the dosage to 1.2mg from 31/7/18. Yes significant loss of appetite. My weight is not coming off yes but I can see some difference when I look into the mirror in terms of inch loss. I have been an athlete so exercise and weight training is something which I regularly do and also have an average diet plan with proteins. Was just waiting and wondering about when can I see a proper weight loss on the measuring scale. But I'm confident it will soon..."

NM (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been using victoza for one month so far. I've increased gradually to 1.8 now . I have not experience any side effects except some tiredness. Sugar level is controlled . No weight loss so far and I believe lack of exercise contributed to this. I am continuing hoping to lose some weight. Dr. Will decide after more two months - if no weight loss will revert to my previous tabs . Will wait and see"

Maggie August 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on Medicare with supplemental drug insurance. I’ve taken Victoza for over a year. I lost 70 pounds and my last A-1C was 5.8. It costs me $128 per month. Twice a year I pay over $400 per month . This stuff works great, but I can’t afford it. I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago and my blood sugar has gone up significantly. I’ve tried applying for financial aid but I don’t qualify. Oh well, Novo Nordisk, you get no more of my money and my health will suffer."

Rob (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 07/17/2018 with 0.6 for about 4 days. After a couple of weeks, I gradually increased to 1.8. I barely eat due to the decrease in my appetite. The nausea isn't as bad as it was when I first started, but I still have a little. I lost 3 pounds within the first few days. I like the medication so far. No serious side effects besides nausea."

mspaula702 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza 0.6 three weeks ago I felt nauseous and terrible at first. This time I gave my injection earlier in the the day I noticed I felt better. I haven’t weighed myself yet but I can already tell I’ve already lost at lest 5 or more pounds it’s been two to three weeks since I started I also have PCOS so struggling to loose weight, it is a so hard. Now I feel that I eat less, crave sugar less I can only hope to continue to lose more weight. I was unsure to try injections but the needles are so small given correct you don’t even feel them."

Anonymous July 26, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...