User Reviews for Victoza

Victoza has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 688 ratings on Drugs.com. 71% of those users who reviewed Victoza reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Diabetes, Type 2
7.7
Weight Loss
7.8
Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
Summary of Victoza reviews 7.7 688 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

Zenita Johnson June 16, 2021

For Weight Loss: “My doctor just prescribed me Victoza, I was really scared to take it at first, I been on it now for a week , I experienced little nausea, and a slight headache first two days, third day constipation, Other than that everything back to normal now, I will post later with Results my starting weight is 235 ,So ready to see if Victoza works for me , Hope I don't give up lol”

JoAnneG56 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2021

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “My doctor just prescribed this for me. Today is my first day and very excited to see all the positive reviews. My sugar also a bit on the high side so hoping it helps with that as well. I just started at lowest dose. I didn't even feel the needle (hope it went in !! lol) I am hoping to lose 25 to 30 pounds. I have tried other prescription diet aids and did not like the side effects on most. I will update shortly to advise on any side effects and results! Good luck everyone.”

Daisymay · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2021

For Weight Loss: “Today is my 3rd day on Victoza 0.6mg. I’ve lost 3 lbs of water weight I’m sure. First day just got slight headache, second worse headache and upper stomach pain with loose stool, today omg I was in the bathroom all day, and bad bloating. No headache today though. So I’m hoping the other side effects get better soon. I will try to post an update by end of month if I make it.”

C .c. April 17, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I have been on Victoza for a month. I have to lose a lot of weight so I can have hip replacement surgery. 20 pounds gone. I wish I could stay on this forever. It REALLY works on curbing my appetite.”

Pamcar · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I would recommend this to anyone who has had a hard time with weight loss. My weight has been up and down my entire life but now that I am older losing had become harder. I've been using Victoza for only a week and I have lost pounds. With no serious side effects at all. It just gets rid of my appetite.”

Missi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I'm not usually one to review, but I have to share my experience of Victoza. My Dr first prescribed this to me in January (2019) starting with a 0.6mg dose. After the first month I increased to 1.2mg dose. 5 months later I am still taking 1.2mg and have not increased yet to 1.8mg. To date I have not suffered with any side effects. I can confirm that it has completely banished my sweet cravings and reduced my appetite by at least 70%. As a result, since 5 January 2019 (today is the 12 June 2019) I have lost 90.5lbs. This has been alongside a diet of 1200 calories a day, but I should add NO exercise. Also, once a week, usually Saturday evening, I allow myself some "freedom" when I eat/drink whatever I like. To summarise, taking Victoza I can easily estimate that I've lost twice as much weight in a week as what I would have by diet alone. If you're thinking of trying it, I'd say GO FOR IT - I'm so glad I did!”

Sinsinattie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I’ve been on Victoza since May 2019 and to date I have lost 34 lbs! Yea it does take a bit to get used to and you will lose your appetite but stick with it. I find that I do get constipated and I’m not sure what to do about it right now since I’ve always had issues with bowel movements. One other thing that drives me crazy is that I will be starving and then when I finally eat I take 3 bites and then...full! My husband teases me about it because I will be ready to hurt someone then get full almost from just looking at food. I’ve not exercised at all with this medication but definitely feel well enough to do so. 6 more lbs til I’m out of my 200’s.... so onward!”

Gi · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I've been on Victoza for 4 months, started out on 0.6, increased to 1.8 now. I've lost 41 lbs. My main issueswith Victoza are constipation and light headed I am planning to continue for the near future.”

Philly99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I’ve been on Victoza for exactly one month, the first week I was on the 0.6 dose since then I’ve been on 1.2mg dose. I’ve lost 10 POUNDS. It curbs my appetite so I am skipping lunch, because I’m not hungry. The tiny needle took getting use to. I’ll go for blood work next week and see how my levels are...Haven’t had a lot of side affects so that’s a plus!”

LL · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

For Weight Loss: “Just started victoza 3 days ago. Down 9 lbs already , mostly fluid I'm sure but it's a great feeling. I have started keeping track of my calorie intake and today it was below 1000. Amazing because I was always hungry before. Only side effect so far is a mild headache, and if I eat too much (last night, was steak with sweet potato and squash) some slight cramps but pretty sure it's because I ate too much. I should have stopped about 5 bites before I did. I take the injection at night before bed. 0.6 for now. Don't even feel it. I'll report again in a few weeks and see how things are going. I would recommend if you are like me and can't control your appetite. So far so good.”

MarieQC April 7, 2016

For Weight Loss: “I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) years ago. Last year, I was referred to a doctor that specializes in this disease; at the time I first met him, I weighed a whopping 387 pounds (I%u2019m 5%u201910%u2019%u2019). Of course, the first thing he told me was that my PCOS would get better if I lost weight. I was totally discouraged! I told him that I was very active and had been on EVERY diet%u2026 nothing seemed to work. I was so frustrated and asked if there was anything he could do to jump start my weight loss from a medical stand point. This is when he told me about Victoza and about the study that demonstrated that individuals suffering from PCOS, not from Type 2 diabetes, had lost weight on this medication... I now weigh 275 pounds :)”

Bjmislove · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I suffer from thyroid, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and respiratory issues like asthma and bronchial issues, which makes it extremely hard to loose even 1 lb. I took 1.8 Victoza and it really made me sick. No hunger whatsoever, thirsty, coughing, really cold and the tiredness at the end of day is terrible. I cannot sleep. So that whole week I didn't take. I was 210 pounds and from one day of taking it that whole week managed to drop 9 lbs. Incredible, and amazing is this. I'll suffer through awful side effects because physically the weight loss is wonderful.”

NK · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I did my research on this medication and to be honest I was kinda nervous to take it. My Dr prescribed me this cuz my blood sugars were so out of whack. Morning BS were running any where from 250-270. I started this medication 2 1/2 weeks ago. At first didn't really get any side effects just a little nauseous here and there. I started out at 2 clicks and gradually made it up the 0.6. My BS morning reading is around 160 which I love didn't think this medicine would work so quickly. I've lost 6lbs already starting weight was 167. I do have more energy and don't feel so sluggish like I used to with the high BS all day long. It curbed my appetite I don't have no cravings for any sugar. Eat small portions cuz I get full so easily. I actually noticed food that is too greasy gets me nauseous or stomach ache. I want to continue to share my story as weeks or months go on :)”

Twirley · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

For Weight Loss: “Second post. Started Victoza 22 July 2019 at 91.7kg. Been on it 3 weeks and 4 days, weight loss 8.1 kg ( 17.8 lbs). I started on .6 for 8 days ( initially slight hung over feeling which disappeared after 3 days), then clicked up over over 3 days until 1.2 ( no side effects except thirst). Two days ago I started working up to 1.8 by advancing the clicks a bit more towards 1.8 each day. Tomorrow will be on full 1.8. For me it seems that gradually going up to the required dose has really minimized the side effects. I am eating about 1000 cals a day and not hungry at all. I do light gym 3 times a week , more for a shoulder injury than cardio at the moment. NO alcohol except for the odd Vodka soda when socializing. I am beginning to allow myself to believe that this time it will be possible to lose my excess 25 kg. I feel strong and in control and am no more a vacuum cleaner when food is around.”

Savannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I was on Victoza for two months and technically only lost 10 lbs but as far as visually everyone says I lost 30+ pounds I ride my bike an average of 15 miles a day so I believe I've gained muscle. I switched to ozempic because the Victoza had a side effect of dry mouth. I never had any other side affects. I literally ate anything I want and lost weight.”

T2D under control! February 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I'm a 45 yr old woman, diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 4 yrs ago. I was prescribed Metformin, then added glipizide, which made me gain a half a pound a day until I quit taking it 30 days & 15 lbs later. Then I was prescribed Victoza. The first 3 weeks, I was sick to my stomach, all day, every day. I had NO energy at all. I would get out of bed, get dressed & then lay back down - it was really THAT bad. BUT after around the 4th week, I started feeling normal again. My A1C went from 9.2 to 5.4 in just 5 weeks. Now, I am never above 130 -even after have a can of Pepsi. Also, I lost 30lbs in 45 days. Just amazing! Suffer through the initial sickness, don't give up on it, Victoza is a life changer! Victoza website for discount card. I pay $25/month.”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2021

For Weight Loss: “Started Victoza 6 months ago and have lost 32 lbs. I am also on a low carb diet. No side effects at all. I eat small meals and don’t get hungry between meals. I’m on 1.8 mg. However, I did hit the mother of all plateaus after about 3 months. I still get the reduced appetite effect, so I guess if I start exercising more, it will restart my weight loss.”

cathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 26, 2020

For Weight Loss: “hi I've been on victoza 1.8 mg daily for 2 years. It cuts your appetite well and I lost 30 pounds on it . BUT the catch is after a year and a half on it I got my hunger appetite all back three fold. Mow I'm struggling to cut portions but cant always hungry and I gained 15 pounds back!! Only a temporary hunger control only lasts for so many months. So sad I called the company but no response from them on the getting back your hungry appetite again . Sad so sad!!”

pamther March 14, 2013

For Obesity: “My Dr. Suggested adding Victoza to metformin and Actos treatment for diabetes since my a1c levels were getting progressively higher and I am 100lbs overweight. In 5 weeks I lost 23 lbs. For the first 3 weeks I experienced nausea and extreme fatigue. I love Victoza because for the first time I feel full after eating small portions, I have a greatly reduced interest in food and appetite. I feel relieved that I can finally eat to live and not live to eat.”

NanaD2 June 18, 2017

For Weight Loss: “Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 5/15. I went back to my Doctor on 6/15 and was down another 9lbs with a total of 45lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time...”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I started taking Victoza a year ago. I was amazed I lost 150lbs. I felt like I had gotten my life back but now I seem to be gaining it back. Very slowly but it scares me because I had no control over the loss and I want to control gaining weight. If I gain all that weight back it will be devastating for me. Anyone know about this? Help!”

Lolo · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Finished 2 weeks on victoza. 0.6 for one week then 1.2 for a week. I'm nauseous 24/7. No appetite. No energy. Nothing tastes good anymore. I stopped talking this med. After 1 day without it, the nausea was gone, my energy returned, my appetite came back and food had flavor again. Not worth the side effects and that's not how I want to lose weight either.”

SpookyRN · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2016

For Weight Loss: “Middle age stinks. In the last 5 years my weight and blood pressure became also uncontrollable. My last doctor visit I weighed in at my heaviest. 201# and being 5'7" was categorised has obese. Plus my blood pressure was sky high. Dangerously high. My doctor told me about Saxenda. Well my insurance company would not cover it. So the doctor's office called in an RX for Victoza. I started the injections May 3rd. I followed the dosing schedule and increased the dose every 7 days. I continue to take the 1.8mg dose. I have lost 31 pounds since May. My blood pressue is now normal even abit low. I feel like I have my life back.”

GA Peach · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started Victoza 8 months ago & have lost 83 pounds. I am woman 57 years old, 5'6" & weighed 290. I have been obese since early childhood. I have dieted all of my life. This is the first time I have been successful at weight loss. Yes there are side effects, but with the weight falling off of me this fast, I don't care. I woke up this morning weighing 216 so I don't care if I feel nauseas. I haven't weight 216 in 35 years. When I feel nauseas now is first thing in the morning before my shot. I do start feeling a bit hungry in the evenings when the shot starts wearing off, so I try to inject 12 hours prior to bed time. The reason I'm succeeding is because I decided to change my eating habits, log my food, walk & drink water.”

Butch · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 3, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My Dr. told me upfront I would experience nausea for around a couple weeks. I did. My numbers dropped like a rock. Lost 40 pounds, and look better and feel better, and have a new closet of clothes. After about the 2 weeks I realized the nausea was gone. If you can 'hang in there' with it that long this might be just what you need to help with your diabetes.”

Faith1976 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I started on Victoza 0.6 and initially the nausea was so bad I could not continue after 1 day. I stopped for about a week and decided to try again. This is now day 3 and I’m actually tolerating it better. I have not drank any alcohol and last time I had alcohol the same day I started my injection. Very bad idea... I now also take pepto or an anti nausea med right before I do my injection and I take it at bedtime. This has helped tremendously!!! I still have some belching and a slight headache but nothing like before. I’m really excited that my body is tolerating it. I’ll post again in a few weeks and hopefully I’ll be a few pounds lighter.”

tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I have been on victoza for 42 days and IO've lost 19lbs. This was my last hope by my dr because nothing else was working. I was at my heaviest 206lb. My dr also recommended I take the Pill Alli (over the counter-you can find at walmart) So with this I feel really good. Not like diet pills where you are good all day and then hungry all night. I do count my calories and do not eat after 6pm. This is the best thing with no side effects besides loss of appetite.”

TS · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I started Victoza about a month ago and have lost 5 lbs. I do well at the 0.6mg dose but when I bump it up to 1.2 mg dose after a couple of days the nausea is unbearable. does this go away? I'm not sure if I should go back to 0.6mg as I was up all night with nausea, but hey no appetite :-)”