User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Weight Loss 15 reviews 44 medications

8.3
Diabetes, Type 2 322 reviews 136 medications

8.2
Summary of Victoza reviews 337 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Victoza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been a type 2 diabetic for 10 yrs now. I tried victoza in may 2016. As of today, Sept. 24th I have lost 45 pounds, I'm down to 1 metformin a day and my A1C is great!! The side effects are minimal. Mainly sour stomach but that can be controlled mostly by diet. Low starch foods help alot. I'm so glad after trying a few newer meds that I found victoza!!!"

Brandy t (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "Stops the hunger craze..have lost 20 lbs in 3 mths..no side effects..best wt.loss drug i have tried."

Leeanie September 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was warned of the nausea but after a few days that did slow down I find eating smaller meals and taking some ginger gravol pills help its the non drowsy kind ..am surprised how fast it started working cause I tested myself last night and hit a seven like haven't seen a seven in ages it agrees with me. not had those other symptoms just the nausea for a bit I take the ginger gravol or drink a ginger beer and am good usually"

fosia momma September 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Started taking Victoza, a week ago 0.6, after injection I feel slightly nauseous..it pass and then I became full.of energy, I had to move so I walk 3 miles a day, my energy last all day, and my appetite has completely disappeared, I make myself eat, and dry mouth is another symptom for me, so that encourages me to drink more water..my fibromyalgia is in remission, wen medication wears off, I have muscle aches, but I also have low vitamin D, I don't think I will be taking this forever or everyday I started last week at 162, I am now 156, my BMI.is at 150..so when I reach my goal I will do once a week for maintains."

Steffen38 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on the drug for about 10 months. Lost 46 lbs. I find that it no longer supresses my appetite. In talks with my doctor we have decided to come off the drug for 2 months. See how my weight is and go from there. Not sure if/when I start to take it again it will again supress my appetite. Time will tell. I exercise regularly - 5 to 6 times a week. I had absolutely no side effects. 6 months in doctor did all the blood work tests. He was extremely pleased with the results. Good luck"

Daslt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have PCOS diabetes and tons of pain in my body every day. Victoza, since I have been put on it a week ago I have lost 18 pounds, my appetite has been suppressed drastically no other side effects except for feeling great that I'm finally losing weight after over 5 to 6 diet tries for years this is the only thing that has help me so far I'm so thankful for this medication for the doctor allowing me to try it out!!"

Rachlynn (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Weight Loss "Follow up...I'm about 1week and 3 days in and I have lost 12.2lbs! I can notice that my appetite is suppressed but no crazy headaches or other side effects. Today I battled with constipation so I will increase my fiber. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the results and will try and incorporate some exercises to maximize my results! Stay tuned! #victoza"

TrayD35 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

For Weight Loss "After many years of steadily gaining I topped out at 330 lbs. I wanted the bypass surgery but family was not on board. After changing doctors and seeing a new Endo, she suggested victoza and I am very grateful. I just came back from my 3 week follow-up and so far I've lost 14 pounds. My appetite has subsided and there are many times where I know I'm hungry but I just can't eat. Terrible gas and diarrhea so I need to be careful from eating fruit and too much cereal. Portion control is easy because I cannot finish the plate anyway. I went up to the full dose mistakenly the end of the first week and that was not good. I went back to the middle dose and I will challenge the higher dose in a couple of weeks. Good stuff. Happy."

Charlie59charles787694 August 26, 2016

For Weight Loss "i am using victoza about 6 weeks and its a magic medicine, i am taking .6 every morning and my appetite is under control, i am really watching my diet and healthy controlled portions helped me to loose 14Kg in 6 weeks.. facing the side effects Nausea, dizziness,but it worth facing it because i am really fed up of my wight problem, i don't have to use Insulin injection any more.. and my sugar levels are between 115 - 140 fasting and 160-190 after meal.. I will continue with Victoza..."

Peace71 August 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Tried metformin & other oral meds but none could control my fasting levels & met forming makes me very nauseous. Endo suggested Victoza. Gave me samples to test. Lost about 10lbs in the first 1-2 weeks of using it. No obvious side effects, initially. Sugar levels seemed to normalize & I had a complete loss of appetite. All seemed well. The samples ran out & I went for a period not using it while I awaited an endo follow up. I could see the difference in my blood sugar levels when I stopped. However, after getting back on it the weight loss did not continue. The longer I use it the less it works. Now experiencing shortness of breath. Seeing a cardiologist tomorrow. Side effects I've experienced are constipation, extreme fatigue, shortn"

Dcpublicist (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2016

For Weight Loss "I am Type 1 diabetes with food issues. My weight has increased yearly to 50 lbs overweight and recently my insulin requirements were increasing rapidly and still no control over blood sugar. I have been on Victoza for just over a week and have had fantastic results pretty much immediately. I am slowly increasing dose to avoid side effects and it is working. My appetite is gone and food doesn't have any control over me. I lost 5 lbs in a week and blood sugar is great! I've also noticed another benefit - I used to drink alcohol most days and I have no desire to drink. I feel great and would say the only side effect I am having is a slight difficulty in urinating - it takes longer to empty my bladder. I love this medicine!"

Wiesie (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started with .6 about 6 months ago. Nausea, dizziness, heartburn and loss of appetite. Not pleasant . Blood sugars did not seem to improve - questioned if stress due to symptoms was counteracting each other. (Stress raises glucose). Decided to give the drug it's best shot so after two week increased the dosing to maximum. (1.8). Slowly symptoms subsided and post meal glucose came down. Down substantially. Fasting still remains around 130 to 140 but that also is improved. Post meal about 140 if I eat a proper diet. While I would have preferred a greater reduction in numbers the drug is beneficial. Side effects are now all gone. I'm 64."

Bobsenior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Victoza for many months now, I reached the highest dose, tried that for a few weeks and developed severe Gastroenteritis, abdominal pain, flatulence and severe belching so had to go on the lowest dose again. Now I have been taking 1.2 for two weeks and the symptoms have started again, last eve, night and today have been miserable and painful. I am ready to stop taking Victoza completely, the discomfort is just not worth it for some weight loss and a bit better blood sugar control. I will just have to have an increase in the amount of Lantus and Novalog that I have been taking. Discouraged with this med."

toofarnorth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm one week in with victoza and my appetite has decreased significantly, having gastroenteritis symptoms on an evening and really bad flatulence! Am eating small meals of bland food to compensate, started on 0.6 dose and will increase in a couple of days to 1.2. Good news am losing weight! No sugar cravings! Will keep you all posted on how it progresses"

Seahorse67 July 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So far so good,,,been on it for 11 days have lost 3,5 kilos but i have basically removed all sugars and starch from my diet, The great part is i do not crave carbs where as i use to live for them!! I dont eat meat so basically its veggies and fish,, My bs has dropped nicely as well."

gina 07 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on this for 3 weeka and sugars great now. Has side effects of tiredness, increased pulse and severe heartburn but all gone now. Lost 5kg first week but nothing since then. Absolutely gutted"

tricat 16 July 2, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've struggled with my weight for years, I am a total binge eater at night. My doctor first brought up Victoza and I was really hesitant to take it (the whole injection thing scared me), but honestly it's not bad at all! You just have to pinch your skin wherever you're administering the medication and you won't feel anything. The needle used is I think a 38g which is SUPER small. No bruising or anything around the site of injection. This is my second week on it, and I've already lost 5lbs. I haven't experienced any side effects, I did get a little nauseous the first two days but it wasn't anything that was so horrible I couldn't continue. I don't have any problems binge eating, it's great! I hope to see more results in the next few weeks!"

Thalia289 June 28, 2016

For Weight Loss "My experiences seems similar to Ptmazeik's review. Days 1 and 2 were fine but Day 3 - oh boy. I took my shot at 5pm and I have to admit, I was excited. I was prescribed Victoza for weight loss. I imagined my extra weight just falling off. But the side effects were not worth it. On my 3rd night I was awoken by a butterfly 'wobble' spreading up my chest, arms and head. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was an intense nauseating feeling. It lasted for 13 hours. I couldn't sleep, I was frightened and I didn't know what to do. I eventually found milk would ease my symptoms and that excessive acid was a part of what was happening. 27 hrs had passed from my shot and I felt fine. Utter relief. Wont take it again. I did lose 3lbs ;)"

thfcme (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "Middle age stinks. In the last 5 years my weight and blood pressure became also uncontrollable. My last doctor visit I weighed in at my heaviest. 201# and being 5'7" was categorised has obese. Plus my blood pressure was sky high. Dangerously high. My doctor told me about Saxenda. Well my insurance company would not cover it. So the doctor's office called in an RX for Victoza. I started the injections May 3rd. I followed the dosing schedule and increased the dose every 7 days. I continue to take the 1.8mg dose. I have lost 31 pounds since May. My blood pressue is now normal even abit low. I feel like I have my life back."

SpookyRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I lost 8 lbs in 7 days but by the time I upped the pen to the middle dose I had no appetite and even when I tried to eat I gagged. I had to drink Boost to get something in me and was very weak, shakey and my heart was racing. I waited about a month and tried again planning to stick just to the lowest dose. By day 7 I had lost another 5 lbs and again was weak, and could hardly eat. Started having stomach cramping as well. I will not take this no matter how bad I want to loose weight or control my type 2 diabetes."

Made me weak. (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hi am on Victoza now for 2 months. Was on it before for a month. Had some side effects in the beginning but now its fine. My blood sugar levels are under control as well as my high blood pressure. Do experience some constipation. Very good drug. Pray my medical aid will consider it for chronic meds."

Charmsvn May 13, 2016

For Weight Loss "Dr.prescribed Victoza 3 mo. ago for weight loss, which was affecting my health. High BP, arthritis in knee, low thyroid, weight was 183 lbs. Loved it, no side effects, loss 40 lbs. But , just recently all at once, got headaches, lightheaded, unbearable pains in stomach, anxiety, fast heart beating, I thought I was going to die. I stayed up until 4:00 am, I felt out of control from all the anxiety. Thank God I had some Xanax! I love the weght loss results, however I don't ever want to experience that terrifying experience of feeling like I was going to die. Ithe was that frightening, I stopped the next day!"

Ms. Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Wow, I have been on Victoza 2weeks, also take 1000mg metform daily. My blood sugars now range 70-115. Losing about 1# per 2days. Little nausea first week, but gets better. Amazed, and Publix grocery store covers this med 100% so it's free with a Rx"

Shawnmz May 5, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Victoza for 1 1/2 months. Have lost about 10 lbs which is good for me. BS is great now I am at 1.2mg. My only real complaint is that I get very sleepy about 2 hours after the injection. Have mild constipation and occasional nausea after 2 weeks. Initially had bad nausea. I am real pleased with how it is working for me so far."

JanRN2 May 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I began taking this drug at the 1.2 mg level. Within a half day I began having serious side effects. I thought I had a very bad virus. I had headache chills nausea vomiting diarrhea insomnia. I missed 3 days of work. I stopped taking the drug. A month later I tried it again at the .6 mg level. First half day ok w just no appetite but then all happened again- vomiting and this time cold symptoms. I began having horrible diarrhea last night and called off work today. This is 48 hours after I stopped taking it. I threw rest away this drug feels like poison to my body"

Ptmazeik May 4, 2016