User Reviews for Victoza

Diabetes, Type 2
7.8

Summary of Victoza reviews 7.9 599 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started using the Victoza injections but my blood sugar is getting higher and higher, one morning it was 15.1 ! Will have to go back to docs."

unojen (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2019

"I have been taking Victoza for about 3 weeks now and I feel amazing. M Doctor gave it to me for insulin resistance from PCOS. Week 1 was 0.6mg dose, week 2 was 1.2mg dose and now week 3 is the full 1.8mg dose. I was worried about nausea and feeling sleepy but I feel better than I have in the last 9 years. No nausea, tons of energy and overall feeling great. A great result for the Victoza has been the weight loss of 6lbs which is a bonus. I feel full after a small amount of food but never feel bad."

KSmith (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2019

For Weight Loss "I'm 56 years old and was at 285lbs 5'8". My history is I have had full thyroidectomy due to cancer, spinal disc disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides,& had also bladder cancer. My food intake is low 40 carb & under 1,200 calorie diet ,walk 3 miles daily. I'm on Victoza 0.6 once day and the weight I lost was 10lb's. My side effects include constipation which is the main issue, and I also mild nausea for the few days. My blood pressure meds where cut in half, no need for cholesterol meds, nor prescript omega 3 for high Triglycerides. Anyway I feel great, I sleep better going up to 1.2 dose next week. 100% total success worth it all so far. You must drink a lot of water that's only thing - I drink a lot of water and eat lots of fiber from vegetables. I recommend Vicoza treatment. I have medicare and tricare for life covers"

Angel May 18, 2019

For Weight Loss "Marie again. Well I'm on my 4th week of Victoza and so far I've lost over 10lbs. I take my shot every morning at 9am and the nausea is only at its worse the hour before my next shot. Taking a shower helps with this. I've been smoking cigarettes a lot less and eating way less than I used to too. Fatigue is often but manageable. No other side effects. I'll keep doing Victoza for another month to see what results I'll get."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been using Victoza a year now with my dose going from 0.6 to now 1.8. My side effects are mild morning nausea after having my Victoza shot the prior evening. I have lost 15lb initially, nothing more and I eat mostly at lunch because I have little appetite at night. My A1C staying at about 7.6 and my blood sugars 155-175 each morning. The doctor is OK with those higher numbers for me. I am tired and out of sorts a lot while taking Victoza........"

Robin (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It only worked a little because of the nausea and heart burn. But once I got pills to counteract the nausea my A1C went up to 8.4 and I actually gained weight over a year and half. It might work for others."

Rudolph (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2019

For Weight Loss "I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks. I followed protocol exactly to increase dosage to 1.9. I've lost 10 lbs, but the side effects are so severe it's not worth it. I have alternating constipation and diarrhea with painful cramping. I am nauseated all day with little appetite. Most food tastes terrible so I am eating very little. I also feel tired with little energy all the time. I've tried taking Victoza in the evening, but nothing seems to help. I'm pre diabetic but I think I may have to try something else."

MarMar (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2019

For Weight Loss "I'm currently on day 3 of using Victoza for weight loss. First day went great; no side effects. Day 2 I had nausea and fatigue. Today, I feel great. My appetite has been practically non-existent the past 3 days and I love it. I force myself to eat dinner though. I'm drinking more water than usual and my smoking habit is decreasing drastically as well. I'll continue to post with my weight loss updates. I have high cholesterol but no other health issues. 3 days ago I was 196lbs, 5'5". I'm hoping to drop at least 20lbs. State medical covered my costs for pens and needle tips."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2019

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza for weight loss and appetite control. As everyone, I started 0.6, 1.2 and I wanted my max to be 1.8. I’ve lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks with the use of the pen and dieting. It does control my cravings and appetite but not to the point where I have zero appetite. First week I had some mild generalized body aches and felt tired but it didn’t intervene with my day to day life. Second week, a couple episodes of nausea - nothing drastic. Third week, a couple dull headaches and still slightly tired. At baseline I have constipation issues so difficult to say if this drug is contributing to that. I will say my nausea is worse when I exercise. I’ll feel fine before, then exercise and I’m nauseated the rest of the day - again it’s manageable. I take the injections each morning. All in all it’s working well for me although I’m always paranoid and on the lookout for further symptoms of more serious issues but this will not be a long term drug for me."

Amandalb (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm losing weight but when I went for my 3 month check up my A1c went up and I I thought it suppose to lower my blood sugar? My Dr added metaformin 1000mg 2x daily I'm seeing a endocrinologist in a week but I am still confused."

Anonymous April 22, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been on Victoza for a month now with no side effects. Aside from the fact that it’s an injection, it’s been great. I can take it at any time of day which makes it easier. My A1c has gone from 7.9 in January to 5.7 in April because of my intermittent fasting routine and the Victoza. I’m hoping to keep continuing improving my A1c so I no longer need this medicine despite how well it’s worked and how well I’m tolerating it."

Cleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Day 1 - 0500 Morning (fasting) BS 154, injection (effortless) .6 dose. No side effects. Day 2 - 0530 BS 206, .6 dose. Nauseous all day, diarrhea all night. Day 3 - 0600 BS 168, .6 dose. Nauseous, but functional. Dehydrated, tired. Nausea worse by evening, very little to eat during the day. Black licorice (Wiley Wallaby Beans) ONLY thing that helped the nausea. Day 4 - 0600 BS 174, .6 dose. Day 5 - 0530 BS 152, 1st day increased dose to 1.2. By 6pm had screaming migraine. Day 6 - 0900 BS 126 Nearly 30 hours straight migraine. Called Dr. said to go back down to the .6 dose tomorrow. Day 7 - 0515 BS 164, .6 dose no headache and had enough energy by evening to go for my 30 min walk. Day 8 0600 BS 161 .6 dose, nausea, diarrhea, lethargy to the max, and xero appetite. Even water tastes terrible. Day 9 - 0600 .6 dose - Begin 72 hours of EXTREME itching head to toe. Skin feels raw, sunburned, my throat, eyes itchy, swollen. Day 11 - Depression. $300 in unused pens."

FireenJen March 23, 2019

For Weight Loss "Ok I have tried everything to lose weight!!! Victoza so far in one month has helped me lose 14 lbs!!! I’m even eating what I want but 75% less of it.... As far as the side affects go if you are nauseous start with less clicks and increase one click at a time. Also taking at bedtime helps with the fatigue."

Cyndi rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The side effects of full dose are really awful. Food stays in my stomach for over 24 hours, causing such discomfort! After that, the nausea & vomiting. Totally not worth taking if I feel like I have the GI flu. I haven't vomited in years - until starting Victoza. I don't think I'll continue."

Ldlwill2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started using Victoza 1.2 dose pen on Wed 02/06/19......have had no nausea, no jittery feeling and no appetite. Have lost 3 lbs already!!! Sugar numbers are running great! Major problem my out of pocket is too high.....don't think I can continue taking it."

Happy (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm starting Victoza tonight 1/31/19. I'm supposed to take it for 1 week at .06, then 1 week at 1.2, then up it to 1.8. I also take glipizide 10 mg and metformin 500 mg. My A1C is 12.2 I weight 254 lbs and I'm 5'8. I'm really hoping for success. I would love to be able to stop glipizide."

Skippy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Weight Loss "Started Victoza for weight loss July, 2017. Weight 240 at 5'8". Female, age 50. No diabetes but borderline A1C of 5.7 Obese and very physically active (long-distance bicycle tours and commutes) since just after college. Initial side-effects of nausea, fatigue, burping subsided after 2 weeks. After 6 months I had lost 40+ pounds so was under 200lbs for the first time since college. Often had to remind myself to eat. I found that simple carbs in the morning sabotaged the meds. Doctor put me on metformin for additional appetite control. After trying different doses and types what works for me is 1.8 Victoza in the morning and 500mg metformin ER with each meal. Lost another 10 lbs. For the past year my weight has fluctuated from 187-194. It's amazing to not be hungry and not be obese. I'm still 20lbs overweight but A1C down consistently to 5.4 and lipids much better (I also take a statin)."

Numoi January 28, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking Victoza .06 for a week then supposed to go up to 1.2. No problems other than slight nausea first three nights. Lost 9 pounds in 4 days. Originally at Dr I weighed 154lb then five days later was 145lb I don’t think I can keep dropping weight like this. I take it at 8 pm every night. In morning here were my wake up blood readings first day 107-118 - 63- 49. These last two numbers scare the hell out of me , need to call doctor Monday cause on Tuesday the 29th I’m supposed to go to 1.2. Oh and do have a little heartburn and feel tired"

Connie (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my first dose on 1/15/2019 and loss 5 pounds in 6 days. I had nausea the first few days with no other side effects. I also had a decreased appetite. I’m hopeful that I can lose 55 pounds and have my A1C go down."

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

For Weight Loss "I have been on Victoza for 4 weeks and on 1.8 dosage the last week. No side effects and also no weight loss. I eat what I have always eaten which is very little and I walk 2 or more miles every other day. I need to lose 40 lbs and was hopefully this medication would help. I am not diabetic but do have hypothyroidism. Discouraged!"

Amber January 14, 2019

For Weight Loss "I just started on Victoza on Jan. 2. Started at 0.6 for 5 days, then moved to 1.2. Side effects minimal. Experienced a headache 1 day, mild nausea first few days, a little more tired at night, which is when I take it. I'm down 8 pounds in 9 days. Am in my 50s, menopausal. I love, love, LOVE the CONTROL this medication gives me over food and my appetite. I have insulin resistance and mildly elevated blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. I guess my insurance (BCBS) figured "close enough" because they're paying for it!! Am so excited and LOVE this drug. It is so much more effective than amphetamine-like drugs for weight loss. I will check back in in a few and give you and update. As someone said, "Victoza is not for whimps." But if you can man it up, it's totally worth the side effects. Good luck, all."

BookLover (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on this medicine for 10 days and had all the side effects. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, was a big one, back pain, upset stomach, painful urinating and difficulties. I was on this medicine 8 yrs ago never had a problem with it. This time it was so horrible having a reaction and not knowing what to do to feel better. The Doctor told me it had to run it’s course and get out of my system and I would feel better. It took about 3 days when I started to feel better."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza did lower my numbers but the side effects were terrible. Acid reflux, nausea and diarrhea. The reviews and information I read said to put up with the diarrhea (it was green!) for awhile to see if your body would get used to it. After 2 weeks I had to stop the medication. Now it looks like there has been kidney damage, having tests done. If you get diarrhea, don't wait 2 weeks to quit!"

chihuahua (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on this for 4 years, along with 2G Metformin. A1C has been consistently under 6.0. I lost 60 pounds the first year, but gained back 20 after eliminating Metformin. I am now back on the Metformin, and am no longer gaining weight, at 25 pounds over ideal. Indigestion and reflux were an issue, early on, WHEN I ATE TOO MUCH. After learning to stop eating when I felt full, it was no longer an issue. I still use Omeprazole - just in case."

JohnJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was so sick for 4 weeks straight. Vomiting and major diarrhea so bad I couldn't even live a normal life.... worst medication I have ever had!"

Hopper (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018