User Reviews for Victoza

7.8

Summary of Victoza reviews 7.8 628 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

TJS 1970 · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hi all I have become insulin resistant so my consultant has put me on victoza to help regulate my high bloods and also to aid weight loss. I was started on the 0.6 dose for the first week alongside my 4x per day insulin regime. The all day sickness feeling was hard to get used to and the very weird spontaneous burps! Almost immediately it started to reduce my blood glucose levels but I think that was mainly due to the fact that food was the last thing on my mind, whilst feeling so sick. The week was rounded off with horrendous D&V. I persevered and am now on the 1.2 injection. The bubbly tummy isn’t the nicest feeling but I’ve completely changed my whole eating regime. So I’m juggling insulin levels and food and bloods which is not easy. And today I bought myself scales as I was excited to see if the suffering had enabled some sort of weight loss, and I am gutted, not a single pound :-( feel very deflated."

Kfrank · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Starting out at the low dose. I was so excited that Victoza was going to improve my A1C and help with some weight loss. However three days after increasing the injection dosage to 1.2, I started getting so many side effects: nausea, stomach pain, extreme fatigue , muscle aches and light headed ness. I stopped the injections on a Thursday, and by Saturday I started having a fever and stopped urinating. I still also felt fatigue and nausea. It is Monday and I’m starting to feel better. This is a serious medication. It scared me and I do not recommend taking a chance with it. There are too many other good alternatives. If you do try it, stay in touch with your doctor about any side effects."

Abby · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

For Weight Loss "Just started Victoza today to help me loss some weight. Doctor gave me first dose before I left office. I’m 5’ 8” 224 #. I’ve had breast cancer and I also have Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) which means I produce too much spinal fluid). I have severe sleep apnea but lost 50 pounds and was able to stop using Victoza. I have gained 23 back and am scared any pound may put me back on it. I was able to lose the weight on Diamond? but had to stop taking it due to kidney stones. I am excited to see where this takes me."

Minerva September 13, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Victoza 3 weeks ago. Did .06 for a week then bumped up to 1.2. Was nauseated for the 1st 2 weeks but it is better now. Glucose readings have dropped significantly. Appetite has decreased but haven't really lost any weight."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza is good for sugar control but haven't lost even a single pound???!!!!"

Maple · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2019

For Weight Loss "Been taking Victoza for 3 weeks started at 0.6 first week 1.2 second week and 1.8 this week. The first two weeks I didn’t feel too much of anything maybe thirsty. This week I’ve been nauseated, heartburn, fatigued, constipated, bloated, sweaty, headaches, not sleeping well. I’ve had to get up twice a night night to pee. After I eat something sweet, carbs, even my morning joe all makes me sick. My doctor wanted me to lose weight to bring my sugar levels down. I tried to watch what I ate and weighed my food to lose weight. Didn’t do so well in that department. After 3 months of trying to lower my blood sugar levels my doctor put me on Victoza and from what I’ve read it should also help me loose weight and that it needs to be refrigerated. Thanks to all the reviews."

Papergirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For Weight Loss "DO NOT take Victoza if you have gastrointestinal issues. I wish I had investigated it before I took it!!"

Chocolate · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2019

For Weight Loss "I feel like a new person. I have lost 25lbs in Victoza! I would love to try a higher dose or even Saxenda, since I have hit a plateau, just to get back on track."

Me · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza about 10 days ago, because I have type 2 diabetes and my A1Cis high. After I took this about 3 days my back started hurting, when I urinated my kidneys throbbed, and peeing hurt. Then my stomach started to have sharp pains run through it at night. This went on the whole time I was on it, so after almost two weeks I stopped taking it, then a couple days later all the pain went away. This medication is not worth it. Plus the cost, I got 2 pens almost 700 dollars. So not worth it."

Twirley · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

For Weight Loss "Second post. Started Victoza 22 July 2019 at 91.7kg. Been on it 3 weeks and 4 days, weight loss 8.1 kg ( 17.8 lbs). I started on .6 for 8 days ( initially slight hung over feeling which disappeared after 3 days), then clicked up over over 3 days until 1.2 ( no side effects except thirst). Two days ago I started working up to 1.8 by advancing the clicks a bit more towards 1.8 each day. Tomorrow will be on full 1.8. For me it seems that gradually going up to the required dose has really minimized the side effects. I am eating about 1000 cals a day and not hungry at all. I do light gym 3 times a week , more for a shoulder injury than cardio at the moment. NO alcohol except for the odd Vodka soda when socializing. I am beginning to allow myself to believe that this time it will be possible to lose my excess 25 kg. I feel strong and in control and am no more a vacuum cleaner when food is around."

Deej · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza last week. So far it has caused me to be nauseous and throwing up. I don't know about weight loss yet but my glucose levels are still high even though my appetite is gone. I can't hardly eat anything because everything has a horrible taste now. I have bad diarrhea since taking this medicine. I also stay thirsty so I drink lots of water. I have no energy and I have lots of dizziness. I hope the bad side effects go away but I hope the loss of appetite stays because I need to lose about 100 pounds."

Heidi August 10, 2019

For Weight Loss "I stated Victoza 8 days ago. When I started Victoza I weight 212 lbs. So far I have lost 10 lbs and I didn't even exercise. I did feel nauseous for the first 2 days, and constipated. Also I have no appetite."

Twirley · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For Weight Loss "First week, all cravings gone. Very few side effects. The first 3 days felt slightly hungover feeling but nothing serious. I cannot believe how in control I am. I have lost 4.2 kg . I know this is "water" and hope to have a steady 1 kg loss a week. I am on Keto. Lets see what week 2 brings. I will continue with .6 another week before considering upping the dose."

Cathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on lantus, novolog and metformin and my A1C 10.3. In feb of this year my Endo added victoza and by July I was down to 6.4!! Still taking all of the above too. Had to re adjust some because I was dropping at 2 am"

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The very first day I took this I was beyond sick and thru up for the next 4 days uncontrollably never ever will I use Victoza again"

BW in Sugar Land TX · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 7, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking Victoza for 7 months along with 500mg of Metformin. My A1C has dropped from 10.1 to 6.1. I still suffer from occasional diarrhea, but the side effect is well worth the results."

Brat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Victoza for 4 months. No bad side effects. I have lost 32 pounds. My A1C went from 6.7 to 5.8. My average glucose went from 128 to 94."

Sinsinattie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Weight Loss "I’ve been on Victoza since May 2019 and to date I have lost 34 lbs! Yea it does take a bit to get used to and you will lose your appetite but stick with it. I find that I do get constipated and I’m not sure what to do about it right now since I’ve always had issues with bowel movements. One other thing that drives me crazy is that I will be starving and then when I finally eat I take 3 bites and then...full! My husband teases me about it because I will be ready to hurt someone then get full almost from just looking at food. I’ve not exercised at all with this medication but definitely feel well enough to do so. 6 more lbs til I’m out of my 200’s.... so onward!"

Skye · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So far started day 2 with .6 dose and I've noticed no side effects."

Mel · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Weight Loss "I started taking Victoza a year ago. I was amazed I lost 150lbs. I felt like I had gotten my life back but now I seem to be gaining it back. Very slowly but it scares me because I had no control over the loss and I want to control gaining weight. If I gain all that weight back it will be devastating for me. Anyone know about this? Help!"

Marty · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 13, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Puts me in donut hole fast, then I can't afford it the rest of the year. Victoza is too expensive."

Missi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

For Weight Loss "I'm not usually one to review, but I have to share my experience of Victoza. My Dr first prescribed this to me in January (2019) starting with a 0.6mg dose. After the first month I increased to 1.2mg dose. 5 months later I am still taking 1.2mg and have not increased yet to 1.8mg. To date I have not suffered with any side effects. I can confirm that it has completely banished my sweet cravings and reduced my appetite by at least 70%. As a result, since 5 January 2019 (today is the 12 June 2019) I have lost 90.5lbs. This has been alongside a diet of 1200 calories a day, but I should add NO exercise. Also, once a week, usually Saturday evening, I allow myself some "freedom" when I eat/drink whatever I like. To summarise, taking Victoza I can easily estimate that I've lost twice as much weight in a week as what I would have by diet alone. If you're thinking of trying it, I'd say GO FOR IT - I'm so glad I did!"

charlesvaughn · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Intemittant constipation for the past four weeks with cramps. I am asking my doctor to reduce the dosage amount to see if that will correct that problem. Otherwise, my glucose has never been better; 86 in the AM and 86-100 before dinner. I continue to lose weight."

Sara99 June 5, 2019

For Weight Loss "I’ve been on Victoza a week now. I want to lose 30 pounds and am always one to get side effect. The bad ones. I’m just starting out on the lowest dosage and it’s 0.6, then each week I’m suppose to move up if needed. Honestly I don’t want to as it’s working at this low dosage for me and nothing ever works. It took my sweet craving right away. I have no side effects at all and I’m not hungry. I make sure to eat my healthy meals like protein after working out and lots of greens. Staying away from carbs cuz they make me feel like garbage anyways. I do find I’m thirsty a lot which is good to increase my water. I’ve lost 6 pounds this week and I know at least 4 ish is water. I did get sick in the beginning I felt like I had extreme heartburn and threw up. What surprised me is it was the meal from the day before. So it shows you it really slows down what it digests."

Nastypup · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Victoza for 3 months. The nausea was unbearable. It did little to control my blood sugar. I lost weight because I was too nauseous to eat! Then, I started vomiting and there was blood in it. I switched to Trulicity and the nausea and vomiting stopped immediately. My blood glucose is better controlled."