User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 365 reviews 141 medications

Weight Loss 66 reviews 44 medications

7.6
Summary of Victoza reviews 431 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "My husband is diabetic and takes Victoza. He has lost a substantial amount of weight since he has been on it and he eats CONSTANTLY! We have had to buy him a whole new wardrobe. I went to the Doc last week and I am pre-diabetic and have been on Metformin for about a year. The Doc suggested I take Victoza to help me lose weight and bump my A1C on down. I started out at 1.2 mg dose and so far I just feel a little nausea when my blood sugar drops. I just eat a little something or pop a hard candy into my mouth and the feeling goes away. I have only been taking the shot for 4 days but I have already lost 3lbs. I will check back after a few weeks with an update."

JAS77 June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "The side effects are everything that has been described. For me headache stomach ache (mild) but with each dose increase they return and then subside as my body adjusts to the dosage. Very tired but can't sleep more than 6 hours. But the real success 21 lbs in three weeks..amazing. I am also following intermittent fasting (16/8) with this, only small amount of carb 25g in the morning and then fruits veggies and protein for the remainder of day. Blood sugar better. NOTHING ELSE has worked for me. I love Victoza!!!"

Waterlilie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Here are some of my comments about posts like this made from non medical professionals. First off, the propylene glycol guy - unless your antifreeze is junk it should contain ethylene glycol. Additionally, almost all multi dose vials contain propylene glycol as a preservative and phenol is only a drying alcohol. It's also found in camphor phenique and similar oral pain remedies. It doesn't cause cancer it causes low blood pressure (pg) when given IV press in a fast manner. (Read a book). Secondly, if your GP is garbage there are about another 100k mds around so find a better one. I bet you spent less time looking for your GP than your car. You probably went to this great guy your friend from the fire department recommended."

DrEddieZane June 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 5/15. I went back to my Doctor on 6/15 and was down another 9lbs with a total of 45lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time..."

NanaD2 June 18, 2017

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Did well on the 1.2 dose but the 1.8 dose gave me significant side effects and they are just getting worse. I had to have prescription medication for vomiting. Side effects include, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, sore throat, tiredness, diarrhea, dizziness. It has been almost a month at 1.8 and I feel horrible. The side effects outweigh the benefits in my case. I will have to go back to the 1.2 dose and try to increase it by .1 every week."

BarbWestervelt June 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Started victoza about 6 weeks ago after increasing weekly to 1.2 oh boy was I belching and it smelled like eggs!! Couldn't eat much and was ok with that but I've tried skipping meals in the past and that didn't help my weight loss journey so I've tried to eat at least 2 meals daily I eat a low sugar 2 carb daily limit and attend cardio classes at the gym twice weekly. My blood sugar levels are good but I've not lost much weight -- down about 8 pounds was hoping for more but will keep at it! Going to slowly increase to the last dose to see if that helps! Fingers crossed !!"

Hopeful gal June 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm 58 and have always struggled with my weight, thyroid and other issues. I have been on Victoza for about a month and lost eight pounds. I admit much of that is because I have no appetite. That makes it easy for me to make healthy choices when I do eat. One thing that I have noticed is that Victoza definitely slows down the bowels. I think it's imperative to up the liquid intake. Because of the bowels I think it's difficult to really gauge the weight loss. I go down a pound and up two the next day etc. I think taking measurements or trying on an old pair of jeans is more accurate in seeing the real weight loss. I can tell my health is improving and I feel like if I'm patient this will get me to my goal weight of 155. 32 more to go."

DeanneNovak (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started on Victoza 0.6 for the first two weeks experiencing some nausea and diarrhea about every 4th day. Week three upped the dose to 1.2, for the next two weeks, again experiencing the same issues but not quite as bothersome. My appetite is definitely diminished, and at times I will feel queasy before eating. I have lost 7 pounds in the four weeks. My energy level is good, I continue to workout 6 days a week and my blood sugar readings have dropped significantly. Going into week five (started on 1.8 this am) my morning readings are averaging 127 and that's down significantly from my average of 163 before starting this medication."

Disney nut June 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My GP has done a con Job as they shoved me on Victoza without any info on how safe it is. As they can't prove stuff they have got you by the short & curlies. If you continue to take you could be seriously ill later. Think do you want to die - I think not. Get it withdrawn as it causes thyroid problems, plus cancer - who wants this - not me. I told my GP that I wasn't taking it any more if they couldn't be honest about victoza"

sillysod (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yea! Lets put Antifree in our body! Doctor want me to take it. Look up the inactive crap your putting in your body What are the ingredients in Victoza? Propylene glycol! Phenol (paint stripper) No thanks. Its all money and killing us! Active Ingredient: liraglutide Inactive Ingredients: disodium phosphate dihydrate, propylene glycol, phenol and water for injection"

why?? poison June 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza just over 3 weeks ago and I have had no side effects whatsoever. I feel great and am losing weight, and for the first time in my life I've experienced feeling full and satisfied. I've never had that feeling before. I've felt full (after eating much more than when on this drug) but never satisfied. It was a remarkable feeling. I've had a great experience and I hope to continue as I've a lot to lose. However, I do fear the potential for pancreatic cancer and will do more research on this."

MiniMe49 June 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Hi, I would like to share my story with you, I am a 29 year old Female from South Africa, Extremely overweight. I started my weight loss journey on the 23 May 2017. Weight Started: 90 Kg – 23/05/17 Current Weight: 83.4Kg – 01/06/17 Weight lost: 6.4Kg – 8 days Goal Weight: 60 Symptoms were extremely mild, Slight nausea and vomiting."

weightloss-zn (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am having a lot of side effects like heartburn running nose, back pain indigestion and sweats. I don't know whether to stop taking the meds, it has lowered my sugar greatly down to 88 instead of 300. I am also taking 10 mgs of glyburide in the morning and evening"

little cindy May 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on for 3 weeks and am losing weight. Clothes are loser. I average about 700 calories a day, as that is all I can bear to eat. The sight of food makes me nauseated and I take the med at night because of the drowsiness it produces. It is doing what it promises. Food has taken a back seat in my life for a change. I don't even think of my next meal, anymore."

FLDUO May 28, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Victoza for about a year now. I started with the small dose. Could never advance to the full dose due to the side effects. My doctor ran a A1C and my blood sugars had gone from 8.8 to 6.7. We decided to stay at the starter dose. I take the injection in the evening at dinner time. I still get the headache and nausea but it is mostly during sleep and wake up to it. I usually will get up, have coffee and ride it out for about an hour and get ready for work. Nausea gone headache dull and barely noticeable. It's worth the frustration to me"

Larry from Ontario, NY (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a research scientist and am very knowledgeable on insulin devices and diabetes 1. I got diarrhea a lot and for an extended time 2. About 12% of the pens shipped do not work. ExpressScripts refuses to replace defective pens. 3. My A1c levels began to climb linearly as soon as this drug replaced original therapy; i.e. Drug failure."

SciGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Victoza since February of 2017. At first I had nausea and constipation. I upped dose to 1.2 and was really feeling bad. When I went up to 1.8 it was continually making me feel sick. My doctor told me to go back to 1.2. After a week on the 1.2 things started getting better. I still have the nausea but it is only sometimes. The constipation I solved by taking a stool softener. I feel full after eating about a 4th of what I used to. Sometimes just the thought of food makes me feel queasy. The best thing is the weight loss. I started out weighing 323 lbs. I went to the doctor today and my weight is down to 280. It feels so good to lose weight without feeling hungry. A1-c number went down from 9.3 to 6.6."

Laniey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm going on my second week now. I had some burping and an over full bloated feeling that seems to have subsided. I also had a lil nausea at times but not bad. I had to force myself to eat the first week as well. Nothing sounded good. This coming Tuesday I go up to 1.8 dose. I though I was just imagining not being hungry because I like to eat but the fullness and over all lack of interest in food is awesome. Haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to be discouraged, it's only been 2 weeks. Going to stick it out here's a tip, I bought Gas ex for the belching and tummy gas it helped a lot. Also don't eat late at night because what u eat is really slow to digest and it will keep u up at night. I do my shot at around 2 pm daily."

Zeledon May 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been on Victoza since Feb 15 and to date I have lost 41 pounds. I am 57 years old. I did not have a lot of the side effects that the medicine can cause. I try and eat high in protien lower in carbs and sugar. That seems to work for me. I treat myself once a week to ice cream or something of that nature. I still have a lot of pounds to go but I feel so much better, I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. My goal is to get off metformin and manage thru diet and exercise. Much love everyone.....Rosie"

Rosie E May 21, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been taking this for 2 months and have not lost any weight. Haven't had any side effects but it's not helping with weight loss. Anyone else have this experience. Started out on 0.6mg and moved up to 1.2mg three weeks ago and still nothing. Only problem I have is extremely bad constipation"

Isabel540 May 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started on May 1 and upped the dose from .6 to 1.2 ml in a week. I felt dizzy, severe headache, and couldn't eat. I'm assuming this was from very low blood sugar? I went off it totally for a week to get back to normal and now started back 3 days ago on .6 ml again. I feel slight headache and can't eat again. Haven't noticed weight loss yet. Does anyone else feel this bad and is the weight loss coming?"

Getting depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been on it for a month or so. The nausea is awful at night for me. I lost 20 pounds in just a few weeks because I could barely eat anything at all. My appetite was nil. All food looked horrible to me and I couldn't imagine it would fit in my stomach because I felt so full all the time. I don't think this is a healthy amount of weight to lose in such a short time. I started at 160 lbs and down to 140lbs. My insurance covered the med it it's entirety."

DLyo May 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started on 1 April 17 and so far NO weight loss, my glucose readings gone UP not down, I have this full feeling all the time which I can't bear and feel generally 'not myself' . This evening I've had severe palpitations for about 3 hours with a horrible doom and gloom feeling, I have no pain, just flutters, tearful, impending doom feeling. I have just taken a reading and my glucose is 25mmol/L which is higher than it was BEFORE I started on Viktoza. It's not for me. I was doing better and feeling better just taking Sitagliptin. Going to ring my doctor tomorrow."

Grace53 May 15, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I read that Victoza is the exact same drug as Sandexa. Sandexa is just a higher dose. I just started Victoza for weight loss and have no side effects yet. I will keep you posted. My insurance covers it and my co-pay was about $70. There is a site that helps pay for Victoza. I am waiting for a card they will send."

Lahaina Lizard (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks with a no carb diet.. I have lost 3 kg.. I didn't experience a serious side effects however I am thinking to stop using it as I read about its relation with pancreas cancer"

Wish1986 May 8, 2017