User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 332 reviews 139 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 22 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Summary of Victoza reviews 354 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "So I was 290 when starting this about 4 weeks later and have lost 20 pounds. Everybody is different, I was fine first week then when increased to 1.2 was very nauseous and absolutely no appetite. When increased to 1.8 I could not handle was continuously vomiting so went back down to 1.2 for now. Still appetite is nonexistent and have to eat very small "meals". It is basically trial by error, you have to see which foods your body can tolerate while on this med. I am happy so far with results as I feel this is exactly what I need to get out of some unhealthy eating habits."

Snwprncss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

For Weight Loss "2 weeks - 9 lbs 1st week: no Victoza, only diet - lost 2 Kg (4.5 lbs) 2nd week: 0.6 mg Victoza, a little exercise - lost 2 Kg. Found it pretty impressive, since this isn't water weight anymore! The first days I was very thirsty, always had a bottle of water around... Would feel hungry a bit in the morning, but if I just wait a few minutes it would go away and then I wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day. Eating well / healthy though, but not very much. On the 7th day had more appetite, but I believe it was because I went on 2 days with no carbs at all, I don't think it was the drug effect "wearing off" Today is the 1st day of my 2nd week with Victoza, went up to 1.2 mg, no side effects so far. Will def eat more fibers this week."

DRBR2017 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

For Weight Loss "I'm taking victoza I was fine until I went up to 1.8 and it made me sick I had all the side effect on the list I didn't loose weight but was sick as a dog. Does anybody else feel like me.."

Neecey069 January 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had a hard time assigning a numerical rating. On one hand, Victoza seemed like magic in that it lowered my sugars so reliably, and instantly. It almost seemed like validation that I wasn't doing anything "wrong"--my body needed help w/sugar metabolism. That earns a 10. On the other hand, I have to take into account quality of life. NEVER have I been so sick, for so many days consistently/consecutively. I am not a person who gets sick easily. I do not miss work due to illness. I function thru colds,upset stomach,headaches,muscle pain--you name it. Victoza knocked me on my butt. I was sick every day for 3 weeks. All same sx's as everybody else. There are NOT mild. I stopped it b4 I even got to 1.8 dose. Not reasonable. My body said hell no."

Lucy S (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this medicine since before Christmas and the side effects are awful from feeling sick, really eggy belching and really bad wind that keeps me awake as anyone else experienced this and how long did it last ???"

Curvycaz83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started November 18, 2016...First three weeks was super hard, fatigue and lost of appetite. Dr. gave me my first pen in the office. Took shot and straight to work to vomit. Today is December 27, 2016 and I am down 22 pounds. Insurance company notified they will stop paying for the medication effective 01/01/2017."

2morrow December 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza is awesome. I got diagnosed my A1C was 13.6. They gave me Glipizid (XL 10 mg daily) and Metformin (1000mg 2x daly) and got my A1C to 10.8 and fasting glucose to 267 They gave up and sent me to the Endocrinologist. He gave me Victoza (6 mg for two weeks, then 1.2mg ) After 1 month my fasting glucose is down to 80 and my A1C is at 8.4, which is remarkable given that A1C test include two months without the drug. Even better, Victoza makes me feel full and I eat less. Weight has dropped 6 pounds already But it doesn't end there. I had mild hypertension 135/85. Now its 108/72 Only side effect was a mild rash at the injection site. Went away after a couple of weeks."

amarsailles (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started taking this on Nov 3rd, 2016 for weight loss at the suggestion of a new Dr. I am not prediabetic but over 100 lbs overweight. Age 46 I went back for my follow up on 12/12/2016 and had lost 13 lbs. I did experience nausea the first few days. This medicine reduced my appetite. Rating 8 out of 10 because I'm still early in the process. Will report back"

Andi T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on day 3 of victoza at 0.6mg and am miserable. Repeated episodes of nausea, vomiting and watery diarrhea all day. Can hardly get out of bed except to go to bathroom. We will see if I make it through the night without a repeat, but I am stopping the med. It is not worth it. I did note an immediate decrease in appetite from day one and can see how it would help my weight if side effects weren't so bad"

Sudi22 December 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Started this med on 11/18/2016, Nausea, headache, and sleepy. I have been on the borderline for over ten years. Annual physical, u must take off 40-60 pounds, diet and exercise I could only remove 25. The first week down 7 lbs. Appetite is completely gone, have to force myself to eat and drink. Take more naps, drink more smoothies, hard time emptying bladder...Overall, sleep better, feel lighter and clothing bigger. However, it has only been about two weeks. Me and personal trainer start workout next week."

Chappelle November 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Victoza now for about a month. I'm a relatively newly diagnosed diabetic. I found out two months ago. I was on 1000mg Metformin twice a day. Even on the Metformin my sugars would be 280-400. Even waking up in the morning fasting I would be in the 240-270 range. So in our first checkup my doctor suggested Victoza. Holy crap. What a difference. On the first day with only the .6 dose I had my first sugar below 200. I have had no negative side effects at all. I ramped up to the max dose in the first week because I was feeling great. I still have no negative side effects. My appetite is significantly reduced. Post meal sugars in the 120-140 range. 90 or less in the AM. Love this med!!!!"

SteelRain13M (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was nothing but sick on this med. Severe intestinal diarrhea and abdominal pain. In effort to overcome all the dreadful side effects, I went on Paleo diet. No wheat, dairy, sugar, peanut or legume type beans. within a year I was off all diabetic meds. Yes it is radical life style change, but far better then injecting poison."

4RealDeal November 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was recently prescribed victoza. the day I took my first dose (1.8) I ended up in the er. I was continuously throwing up and needed to be hydrated. The following week I tried it again and I was in the er again. This does not work for me. I have read many reviews that say it gets better after two weeks but how can you go on with your day if you are nausous or vomiting all day."

GSGS (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Victoza for about 3 months. Lost 20+ pounds. Started at .6 for two weeks then upped to 1.2 for a week and 1.8 since then. I've tried everything to control my blood sugar. Before Victoza, I was running about 165-195 in the morning and 140-150 all day. Metformin made it higher. Xigduo made it higher and had horrible side effects. Tried a few others with zero positive results. Victoza worked the best once I hit 1.8 dose. My morning BS is never higher than about 110 and I'm always <100 throughout the day. The biggest thing is that it completely controls my appetite. I work from home full-time and used to snack all day. With Victoza, I have to make myself eat and I eat very small portions. I'm just not hungry AT ALL. Love it!"

UHCougarsfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have officially been on Victoza for more than a year...I currently take highest dose of 1.8. along with Metformin daily. My A1C is finally normal @ 5.0 - my sugars never higher than 7.0 (even after meals) - I've yet to ever experience a episode of hypoglycemia. After a year there is 45 lbs less of me :) and my desire to be active/healthy again has returned. I will encourage those that Victoza alone is not solely the answer.....I have family members who also went on Victoza, did not follow diet/exercise and or portion control and the drug only made them feel worse and had no effects. I personally found Victoza a great tool in combo with portion/diet/exercise to truly be the answer I'd been waiting for! Worth a try if you are serious..."

McG Type 2 October 17, 2016

For Weight Loss "I stared taking the sister medicine of victoza which is saxenda OMG for the first week at 0.6 I was very nauseated, diarrhea, constpation and abd pain. I stopped taking then 3 weeks later she prescribed victoza the first week was fine no S&S the second week everything hit me at once nausea, and pain, diarrhea, and constpation I stopped taking it. It has been 5 days and I'm still ill the constpation is horrible along with still being nauseated. When will this go away and oh the belching will not let me sleep! I will not recommend this medication to anyone. I will never take it again!"

Nauseatedx10 October 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been a type 2 diabetic for 10 yrs now. I tried victoza in may 2016. As of today, Sept. 24th I have lost 45 pounds, I'm down to 1 metformin a day and my A1C is great!! The side effects are minimal. Mainly sour stomach but that can be controlled mostly by diet. Low starch foods help alot. I'm so glad after trying a few newer meds that I found victoza!!!"

Brandy t (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "Stops the hunger craze..have lost 20 lbs in 3 mths..no side effects..best wt.loss drug i have tried."

Leeanie September 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was warned of the nausea but after a few days that did slow down I find eating smaller meals and taking some ginger gravol pills help its the non drowsy kind ..am surprised how fast it started working cause I tested myself last night and hit a seven like haven't seen a seven in ages it agrees with me. not had those other symptoms just the nausea for a bit I take the ginger gravol or drink a ginger beer and am good usually"

fosia momma September 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Started taking Victoza, a week ago 0.6, after injection I feel slightly nauseous..it pass and then I became full.of energy, I had to move so I walk 3 miles a day, my energy last all day, and my appetite has completely disappeared, I make myself eat, and dry mouth is another symptom for me, so that encourages me to drink more water..my fibromyalgia is in remission, wen medication wears off, I have muscle aches, but I also have low vitamin D, I don't think I will be taking this forever or everyday I started last week at 162, I am now 156, my BMI.is at 150..so when I reach my goal I will do once a week for maintains."

Steffen38 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on the drug for about 10 months. Lost 46 lbs. I find that it no longer supresses my appetite. In talks with my doctor we have decided to come off the drug for 2 months. See how my weight is and go from there. Not sure if/when I start to take it again it will again supress my appetite. Time will tell. I exercise regularly - 5 to 6 times a week. I had absolutely no side effects. 6 months in doctor did all the blood work tests. He was extremely pleased with the results. Good luck"

Daslt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have PCOS diabetes and tons of pain in my body every day. Victoza, since I have been put on it a week ago I have lost 18 pounds, my appetite has been suppressed drastically no other side effects except for feeling great that I'm finally losing weight after over 5 to 6 diet tries for years this is the only thing that has help me so far I'm so thankful for this medication for the doctor allowing me to try it out!!"

Rachlynn (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Weight Loss "Follow up...I'm about 1week and 3 days in and I have lost 12.2lbs! I can notice that my appetite is suppressed but no crazy headaches or other side effects. Today I battled with constipation so I will increase my fiber. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the results and will try and incorporate some exercises to maximize my results! Stay tuned! #victoza"

TrayD35 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

For Weight Loss "After many years of steadily gaining I topped out at 330 lbs. I wanted the bypass surgery but family was not on board. After changing doctors and seeing a new Endo, she suggested victoza and I am very grateful. I just came back from my 3 week follow-up and so far I've lost 14 pounds. My appetite has subsided and there are many times where I know I'm hungry but I just can't eat. Terrible gas and diarrhea so I need to be careful from eating fruit and too much cereal. Portion control is easy because I cannot finish the plate anyway. I went up to the full dose mistakenly the end of the first week and that was not good. I went back to the middle dose and I will challenge the higher dose in a couple of weeks. Good stuff. Happy."

Charlie59charles787694 August 26, 2016