User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 340 reviews 139 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 27 reviews 44 medications

7.7
Summary of Victoza reviews 367 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "I started to take Victoza 0.6 mg for weight loss, three weeks ago. After jumping through several hoops with insurance to cover the med, I was hopeful and excited to start this med and get results. First day was awful; headache, fatigue as I have never experienced in my life (shoulders/back/neck), nausea (like at sea), dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, GI issues I've never experienced before, dry mouth/dehydration, nightmares (when able to sleep) night sweats and insomnia. I tried to stick it out (2 HORRIBLE wks) in the hopes the side effects would subside; they got worse. I ended up passing out; hot/cold clammy sweats as if hypoglycemic, yet was not (140). I was taken by ambulance to the ED where I was given 2L fluids... BEWARE!"

Absolute WORST side effects! February 18, 2017

For Weight Loss "Holy crap, I just figured out why everyone is losing so much weight taking Invokana! You see, if we're all so sick with severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, we're too damn weak from dehydration to even consider shoveling those pork chops in...yeah? Am I right? I lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks, I'll take it AND the near-death side effects... *Yeah, I know, taking massive doses of laxatives is probably cheaper, but there's no settlement on the horizon with those, so I say we all just suck it up! U know eventually the FDA will figure out the drug company lied like 'usual' and covered up the deadly side effects. Eventually, we'll all be thin & wealthy. Woohoo! I'm in!"

ThrowsTools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Grandma and grandpa both got very sick while talking this. DO NOT recommend!!!!!!"

HelpingHand8488 February 15, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After years of struggling with my weight after developing hypothyroidism my family physician sent me to an endocronologist. After keeping a food diary for a month and tracking my exercise levels my endo studied both the food diary and exercise patterns and completely understood my frustration on why my weight wouldn't budge no matter what I did. He thought why not lets try Victoza and see what happen. At my first 3 month follow up I had dropped 29 pounds, and although the weight is coming off tougher now I will be going in for my 9 month follow up soon and altogether have lost a total of 40 pounds. I highly recommend giving this medication a try if you have struggled with your weight at all."

MJ Elieff February 15, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I absolutely do NOT recommend this medication! I tried it to help with some weight loss along with lowering my blood sugar. I only got through 2 doses. I immediately suffered from nausea and headaches the first day. The second night on victoza, I awoke with severe stomach pain and began throwing up. Throughout the next day I felt miserable. Headaches, achy, low energy, and puking everything I tried to put in my body. I ended up in the ER that night dehydrated. Due to the severe stress on my body, I ended up with ketoacidosis. I spent 3 days in the hospital. It was the worst experience I have ever suffered due to a medication. Please do your research before taking this medication."

Mommy of a Princess (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

For Weight Loss "I'm on 0.6mg dosage and have been on it for a few days. Lost 4lbs. Happy with that. Hoping to loose more. I am watching what I eat and exercising."

Mo025 February 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza today. At only 0.6 mg. I felt so undeniably and utterly unwell that I cannot imagine even trying it for a second day. In summary, severe low blood sugar symptoms, ravenously hungry and I was also prescribe this for weight loss as well as diabetes, headache, no energy, and a general feeling of being very not well. In short I do not recommend this to anyone."

Midsummerlight February 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza 0.6 mg for a week. Was on a flozin before which was wonderful, lost a stone and g ad tons of energy. Then I was forced to go onto victoza. Felt sick with headache since, stomach pain, constipation, always but thirsty. In fact so thirsty I can't sleep, no matter how much water I drink. Sore throat, which puts me off solid food. Hungry all the time but cut down on carbs so can't fill up. Plus, my blood sugar has shot up from 9 to 14 on this rubbish. Wondering whether the higher 1.2 dose would work, but scared of feeling even more ill. The energy I gained on the flozin has gone, I just want to sleep all the time. I am forced to use this as it was prescribed, they said they want to keep me on it 6 months. Can't wait to get back on t,"

Cooljools (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "In the beginning stomach aches and loss of appetite but now I've got my eyesight back to normal, no longer thirsty and best of all, I've lost weight, truly a win win situation."

BonnieSantana February 3, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Great Effective Unbelievable"

Alankar sangle (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It was hard to get used to the first couple weeks but has been great since..... I give It a 9/10"

laurie-h (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

For Weight Loss "I was on Victoza for about a little over a year. I had lost 128lbs . it worked great for me. I went off to see if I would gain it all back. To be honest I didn't add exercise to my daily routine as I worked in construction at the time.( I am a female) . I didn't diet. I am not the best example to learn from. My weight loss was strictly from the effects of Victoza curbing my appetite. Anyway..after agonist 3years being off...I didn't gain any weight back until my mother was dying and I think I was stress eating.. I gained about 60lbs. I'm getting ready to start Victoza again."

Jdolphins666 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 30, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started taking Victoza on October 30, 2016 weighing 221lb & by January 20, 2017 I had lost 29lb. I take the dosage 3.0, have changed my eating habits slightly (less fried foods), & I don't exercise. I've had no adverse side effects, I just stay full longer & no longer crave sweets. My only complaint is that it's so expensive even with insurance."

Debsidoo January 28, 2017

For Weight Loss "So I was 290 when starting this about 4 weeks later and have lost 20 pounds. Everybody is different, I was fine first week then when increased to 1.2 was very nauseous and absolutely no appetite. When increased to 1.8 I could not handle was continuously vomiting so went back down to 1.2 for now. Still appetite is nonexistent and have to eat very small "meals". It is basically trial by error, you have to see which foods your body can tolerate while on this med. I am happy so far with results as I feel this is exactly what I need to get out of some unhealthy eating habits."

Snwprncss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

For Weight Loss "2 weeks - 9 lbs 1st week: no Victoza, only diet - lost 2 Kg (4.5 lbs) 2nd week: 0.6 mg Victoza, a little exercise - lost 2 Kg. Found it pretty impressive, since this isn't water weight anymore! The first days I was very thirsty, always had a bottle of water around... Would feel hungry a bit in the morning, but if I just wait a few minutes it would go away and then I wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day. Eating well / healthy though, but not very much. On the 7th day had more appetite, but I believe it was because I went on 2 days with no carbs at all, I don't think it was the drug effect "wearing off" Today is the 1st day of my 2nd week with Victoza, went up to 1.2 mg, no side effects so far. Will def eat more fibers this week."

DRBR2017 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

For Weight Loss "I'm taking victoza I was fine until I went up to 1.8 and it made me sick I had all the side effect on the list I didn't loose weight but was sick as a dog. Does anybody else feel like me.."

Neecey069 January 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had a hard time assigning a numerical rating. On one hand, Victoza seemed like magic in that it lowered my sugars so reliably, and instantly. It almost seemed like validation that I wasn't doing anything "wrong"--my body needed help w/sugar metabolism. That earns a 10. On the other hand, I have to take into account quality of life. NEVER have I been so sick, for so many days consistently/consecutively. I am not a person who gets sick easily. I do not miss work due to illness. I function thru colds,upset stomach,headaches,muscle pain--you name it. Victoza knocked me on my butt. I was sick every day for 3 weeks. All same sx's as everybody else. There are NOT mild. I stopped it b4 I even got to 1.8 dose. Not reasonable. My body said hell no."

Lucy S (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this medicine since before Christmas and the side effects are awful from feeling sick, really eggy belching and really bad wind that keeps me awake as anyone else experienced this and how long did it last ???"

Curvycaz83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started November 18, 2016...First three weeks was super hard, fatigue and lost of appetite. Dr. gave me my first pen in the office. Took shot and straight to work to vomit. Today is December 27, 2016 and I am down 22 pounds. Insurance company notified they will stop paying for the medication effective 01/01/2017."

2morrow December 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza is awesome. I got diagnosed my A1C was 13.6. They gave me Glipizid (XL 10 mg daily) and Metformin (1000mg 2x daly) and got my A1C to 10.8 and fasting glucose to 267 They gave up and sent me to the Endocrinologist. He gave me Victoza (6 mg for two weeks, then 1.2mg ) After 1 month my fasting glucose is down to 80 and my A1C is at 8.4, which is remarkable given that A1C test include two months without the drug. Even better, Victoza makes me feel full and I eat less. Weight has dropped 6 pounds already But it doesn't end there. I had mild hypertension 135/85. Now its 108/72 Only side effect was a mild rash at the injection site. Went away after a couple of weeks."

amarsailles (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started taking this on Nov 3rd, 2016 for weight loss at the suggestion of a new Dr. I am not prediabetic but over 100 lbs overweight. Age 46 I went back for my follow up on 12/12/2016 and had lost 13 lbs. I did experience nausea the first few days. This medicine reduced my appetite. Rating 8 out of 10 because I'm still early in the process. Will report back"

Andi T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on day 3 of victoza at 0.6mg and am miserable. Repeated episodes of nausea, vomiting and watery diarrhea all day. Can hardly get out of bed except to go to bathroom. We will see if I make it through the night without a repeat, but I am stopping the med. It is not worth it. I did note an immediate decrease in appetite from day one and can see how it would help my weight if side effects weren't so bad"

Sudi22 December 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Started this med on 11/18/2016, Nausea, headache, and sleepy. I have been on the borderline for over ten years. Annual physical, u must take off 40-60 pounds, diet and exercise I could only remove 25. The first week down 7 lbs. Appetite is completely gone, have to force myself to eat and drink. Take more naps, drink more smoothies, hard time emptying bladder...Overall, sleep better, feel lighter and clothing bigger. However, it has only been about two weeks. Me and personal trainer start workout next week."

Chappelle November 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Victoza now for about a month. I'm a relatively newly diagnosed diabetic. I found out two months ago. I was on 1000mg Metformin twice a day. Even on the Metformin my sugars would be 280-400. Even waking up in the morning fasting I would be in the 240-270 range. So in our first checkup my doctor suggested Victoza. Holy crap. What a difference. On the first day with only the .6 dose I had my first sugar below 200. I have had no negative side effects at all. I ramped up to the max dose in the first week because I was feeling great. I still have no negative side effects. My appetite is significantly reduced. Post meal sugars in the 120-140 range. 90 or less in the AM. Love this med!!!!"

SteelRain13M (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016