User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 343 reviews 140 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 40 reviews 44 medications

7.4
Summary of Victoza reviews 383 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "5'4 start weight 251 lbs. Started Victoza March 8, 2017 and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I was put on this medicine because I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I also have a thyroid disorder that I've been dealing with the pass 10+ years and have had difficulty with weight loss. It slightly decreases my appetite but I am still hungry. I don't forget to eat, I just don't have the constant hunger. Most of the time I don't even feel the needle stick. When I do feel it, it's painless. In the first 2 weeks, I may have had some heart burn or acid reflux type symptoms but that was only for a couple of days and not severe, very minor. I haven't exercised in the two weeks since starting because of another issue but will start back this week."

TeeBee125 March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor suggested victoza. The biggest side effects are constipation and upset stomach. I burp and have gas a lot. My appetite is gone and I can't eat as much. I fill up quickly. I have only lost a few pounds but I am only 17 pounds overweight. I will stick with it. My fasting sugar numbers have been between 100 and 115. I will stick with it."

cinderlast (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Hi, following up.from my post on 3/14/17. So I started victoza on 3/6/17 which was 2 weeks and 1 day ago as of today, I went to the dr today and have lost 15lbs. I have no side effects and am on 10 (clicks) of the pen. I still have no desire to eat and have to make myself. Still having to find things that I want to eat. I've had the same things I posted early. Chicken, lean beef, lots of veggies, no carbs and lots of fruit and water (when I eat). I can excited to see what the next 2 weeks bring."

NanaD2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I tried Victoza 0.6 a few months ago, had severe dizziness 24/7; stopped. Wanted to try it again, as I have to lose weight and am insulin resistant. This time started at 0.3 (5 clicks). Had the headaches (head, neck), burping + some nausea, but stuck w it for 3+ weeks before moving up to 0.6. After 2+ wks of 0.6, I'm now at 0.9, largely w/o side effects except constipation. My endocrinologist says the best weight loss is at 3.0, but at 0.9, I'm absolutely seeing wt loss (6 lbs in a month) and noticing distinct lack of hunger. I'm cautiously giving it a rating of 8, because it still beats amphetamine-like appetite suppressants. If you have trouble, start very low and take your time moving up; so far, I believe it's worth it."

movin' south (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Down 14 lbs in 4 weeks. No appetite, waves of nausea from time to time. I vomited the first week with it, and I have had two episodes of diarrhea. I am on 1.8 now for almost a week and am feeling better. This is exactly what I needed to get my eating under control. Love the fact that I'm not hungry and that food does not look or sound appealing to me at all. So now I make myself eat and when I do I'm choosing healthy foods."

Wldhair46 March 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started victoza on 3/6/17 and have had a great experience so far. No side effects and it suppresses my hunger all day, I have to make myself eat and it doesn't take much to fill me when I do. I just don't want food and have had to find certain things that I can actually eat and like because it just doesn't taste the same anymore. I am drinking plenty of water though. I'm excited to see how much weight I can lose with this along with watching what I eat. No carbs, lots of greens and fruits I do allow myself 3 to 4oz of chicken or lean beef aday."

NanaD2 March 13, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 0.6mg on 03/04/17. I have experienced severe nausea, and have vomited twice in the first week. I just increased the dose to 1.2, and the nausea has only gotten worse. I am down 5lbs in the first week. I would like to continue for a month to see if the side effects lessen, other wise will not be able to continue."

Tammy20 March 12, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I just started Victoza yesterday. I have only felt sleepy about mid afternoon. Not sure if that is a part of side affect or not. I can tell you I woke up this morning and have not be hungry in the least. However; knowing I need to have something I forced myself to have a salad for lunch. I became very sleepy after eating. I am drinking a lot of water. I hope to see a significant reduction in weight especially since I'm up to close to 300 lbs although, it doesn't really show that I would be that heavy. I am very hopeful, and I also am watching my carbs. The reviews of some I have read have encouraged me. Looking for a new me with in the next couple of weeks and months. I have only given a rating of 1 since I have just started."

Queen Diva7 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor gave me samples of Victoza to take along with metformin. Started on .6 and then increased to 1.2. I have been on it for a little over a month. Don't know if it's working on my a1c numbers as I have not had tests yet. I am having terrible headaches, neck hurts and fatigue all the time. It's making me hungry all the time, have gained 5 pounds. But the worse side effect is welts that are red and itchy at the injection sites. My doctor has told me to stop taking it. Do not recommend!! I was on Trulicity , which was working wonderful, lowered by A1c level from 8.4 to 6.1, but cost is way to high and that's with insurance! so back to the drawing board. :-("

af2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm just starting on .6. I've been on it for 2 days and I've already noticed the total lack of desire for food. My goal is only 25 lbs. so I'm combining it with the gym 3-4 days a week. I'll certainly come back in a few weeks to keep you all posted. Good luck to all."

Mother of 4 in SC (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I've been on it for 2 week and lost 20 pounds already I started at 4 click in, now I'm at .6 But you do feel sick and very tired it's constant and I burp all the time My doctor said take it before bed because the worst part will be finshed by the time you wake up I don't really like food that much after OR anything really sugar not even my Pepsi :( and I would just eat because I'm bored now I don't even feel like it I was 280 Now 260 I hope to be at 170 one day "

AliRobertson (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I struggled w/ weight sense my 20's i got upto a whopping 220, my small 5'4 frame did not hold it well. I finally found a Dr who properly diagnosed me. My medication regime :metformin, spirlactone, Invokanna& May 2015 she added Victoza. It took me 3 weeks to get to 1.8mg injections & in about 6 weeks my clothes were hanging off me. I went from a 10/12 to a 6! I felt better & of course looked great @156. The last 6 months I have been eating way 2 much to the point of sick to my stomach, I never ate like this b4. My issue was my body wasn't breaking down sugars & my insulin was all messed up. So now I'm 170 & depressed I see my endo Dr 3/8 & hopefully she will start me on Contrave or something to loss these 15 pounds. Still need the victoza"

His Mommy February 23, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm starting Victoza tomorrow.. I will start at 1.5mg. I need to loose a lot of baby fat... I will not tell you what I weight as it's embarrassing. My goal weight is 80kg by 26 May, my 35th birthday. Wish me luck."

Pinkpound February 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm post menopausal, so losing weight is almost impossible. On Victoza I'm down 45 lbs. without any dieting or exercise. I was so sick from side effects for the first month or so, which was when I lost the most weight. At first it turned me off food completely so that I just couldn't eat. In time, the headaches and nausea subsided, and I could eat normally, except the feeling of fullness made me eat less. Slowly I've lost weight. I tried to stop taking it to rev up the weight loss again, but I put weight back on, so I'm not stopping until I feel like I've got my weight completely under control. It's a crutch for me, but it slowly works without dieting or exercise. If I can lose another 30 lbs, exercise should be easier, which will help."

LouLouS February 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started to take Victoza 0.6 mg for weight loss, three weeks ago. After jumping through several hoops with insurance to cover the med, I was hopeful and excited to start this med and get results. First day was awful; headache, fatigue as I have never experienced in my life (shoulders/back/neck), nausea (like at sea), dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, GI issues I've never experienced before, dry mouth/dehydration, nightmares (when able to sleep) night sweats and insomnia. I tried to stick it out (2 HORRIBLE wks) in the hopes the side effects would subside; they got worse. I ended up passing out; hot/cold clammy sweats as if hypoglycemic, yet was not (140). I was taken by ambulance to the ED where I was given 2L fluids... BEWARE!"

Absolute WORST side effects! February 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Holy crap, I just figured out why everyone is losing so much weight taking Invokana! You see, if we're all so sick with severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, we're too damn weak from dehydration to even consider shoveling those pork chops in...yeah? Am I right? I lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks, I'll take it AND the near-death side effects... *Yeah, I know, taking massive doses of laxatives is probably cheaper, but there's no settlement on the horizon with those, so I say we all just suck it up! U know eventually the FDA will figure out the drug company lied like 'usual' and covered up the deadly side effects. Eventually, we'll all be thin & wealthy. Woohoo! I'm in!"

ThrowsTools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Grandma and grandpa both got very sick while talking this. DO NOT recommend!!!!!!"

HelpingHand8488 February 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After years of struggling with my weight after developing hypothyroidism my family physician sent me to an endocronologist. After keeping a food diary for a month and tracking my exercise levels my endo studied both the food diary and exercise patterns and completely understood my frustration on why my weight wouldn't budge no matter what I did. He thought why not lets try Victoza and see what happen. At my first 3 month follow up I had dropped 29 pounds, and although the weight is coming off tougher now I will be going in for my 9 month follow up soon and altogether have lost a total of 40 pounds. I highly recommend giving this medication a try if you have struggled with your weight at all."

MJ Elieff February 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been using 1.2 mg for 15 days. I lost 8 pounds. However, I am on a diet (no carbs) as well. I would like to know by other people experiences if it works well without rigorous diet. It has been hard to not have any carbs."

LizSan86 February 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I absolutely do NOT recommend this medication! I tried it to help with some weight loss along with lowering my blood sugar. I only got through 2 doses. I immediately suffered from nausea and headaches the first day. The second night on victoza, I awoke with severe stomach pain and began throwing up. Throughout the next day I felt miserable. Headaches, achy, low energy, and puking everything I tried to put in my body. I ended up in the ER that night dehydrated. Due to the severe stress on my body, I ended up with ketoacidosis. I spent 3 days in the hospital. It was the worst experience I have ever suffered due to a medication. Please do your research before taking this medication."

Mommy of a Princess (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I'm on 0.6mg dosage and have been on it for a few days. Lost 4lbs. Happy with that. Hoping to loose more. I am watching what I eat and exercising."

Mo025 February 7, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Victoza today. At only 0.6 mg. I felt so undeniably and utterly unwell that I cannot imagine even trying it for a second day. In summary, severe low blood sugar symptoms, ravenously hungry and I was also prescribe this for weight loss as well as diabetes, headache, no energy, and a general feeling of being very not well. In short I do not recommend this to anyone."

Midsummerlight February 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza 0.6 mg for a week. Was on a flozin before which was wonderful, lost a stone and g ad tons of energy. Then I was forced to go onto victoza. Felt sick with headache since, stomach pain, constipation, always but thirsty. In fact so thirsty I can't sleep, no matter how much water I drink. Sore throat, which puts me off solid food. Hungry all the time but cut down on carbs so can't fill up. Plus, my blood sugar has shot up from 9 to 14 on this rubbish. Wondering whether the higher 1.2 dose would work, but scared of feeling even more ill. The energy I gained on the flozin has gone, I just want to sleep all the time. I am forced to use this as it was prescribed, they said they want to keep me on it 6 months. Can't wait to get back on t,"

Cooljools (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "In the beginning stomach aches and loss of appetite but now I've got my eyesight back to normal, no longer thirsty and best of all, I've lost weight, truly a win win situation."

BonnieSantana February 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Great Effective Unbelievable"

Alankar sangle (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017