User Reviews for Victoza

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Summary of Victoza reviews 8.0 539 reviews

Reviews for Victoza

For Weight Loss "I used victoza for type 2 diabetes but I will not talk about that. Victoza helped me to lose 20+ kilograms in very short time( two months). First month the drug will make you hate food and hating eating a lot, but then I start losing weight magically because I learned to eat less with the help of victoza . Moreover, victoza lowered my blood sugar to normal (~100 in the morning) after the third use."

Afvb1909 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started Victoza 1.8ml dose on 5/22. 5 days later I have lost 10 lbs. A little nausea and stomach ache but nothing I can't handle. I have absolutely no appetite and to desire for food. Love Victoza so far."

Momof5 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Weight Loss "Victoza did wonders for me; not only helped aided in weight loss but has me feeling super energized during the day. Overall I'm pleased with Victoza. Noticed slight nausea during my trial period but that's subsided after about 5 days of usage. My appetite has significantly reduced and made it easy for me to eat clean (mostly plant based meals and lots of H20..NO gluten or dairy). I've lost a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks along with regular exercise and diet. Victoza is truly amazing:-)"

Fabulous_Scorpio01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Prescribed in Nov 2017. Additionally take 2g of metformin at that time. Titrated up from 0.6 to 1.2. During that time, I lost 30 lbs, and my a1c went down to 5.8 (207 to 187). Initially was taking it in the morning, but it was making me sick at work, so I started to take it after work, so if I was sick I was at home. Mostly no appetite, and nausea, and occasionally a headache. It went away after 3 weeks. Now I am increasing my dosage from 1.2 to 1.8 to see if I can reduce my metformin and lose more weight to reduce my liver enzyme numbers. While it was difficult at times when I first started taking the drug, I'm still excited to see if I will lose additional weight with the increase in dosage. I'm ok with the temporary side effects, because I know they will eventually go away. Additionally being at my lowest weight since 2003 is totally worth it, not to mention better liver enzyme levels and less arthritis pain due to less weight."

Cady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on victoza for almost 3 weeks and recently bumped my dosage to 1.8 per dr's orders. At first I only had minor indigestion, no big deal. Now with the higher dose my whole body hurts. Everything aches and all I want to do is lay in bed due to the pain. Hoping this gets better or I'll either decrease the dosage or get back on my Metformin. This pain is ridiculous."

Alaska1010 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was first sceptical on using it I didn't want to have to stick my self every morning. But my doctor told me that the meds my previous doctor had me on were good but there are better ones. So I figured if it is better for me I want it. So after three weeks I can say that this keeps my sugars level all day as long as I eat correctly. My sugars are not dropping by lunch time and I have lost some weight. I have not had any side effects except for maybe a runny nose here and there but I can deal with it. You have to inject yourself with a very small needle and you do not feel it at all. My insurance covered it so it was not expensive."

Daniel (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’m dealing with daily bad headaches. I keep hoping they will subside, but, they’re not. Been on the Rx now for a week. Anyone else experiencing this? Ugh."

CM (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this medicine 5 weeks. At first 0.6 1st for the week, 1.2 the 2nd week and 1.8 the 3rd week. The first few weeks I was nauseated, weak, just felt yucky. I had bad headache 1 day and really bad diarrhea. I do not have a big appetite eating 1/2 of what I use to eat. Lost 7 lb, I was 201 lb now 194 lb. I do still get bad heartburn but other than that no more stomach issues. I found if I take the medicine at night instead of the morning I get no symptoms other that loss of appetite. This is the best medicine I have been on since I was diagnosed in 2009. For years I was only on pills and over the last few years been on several different meds.. My doctor wanted me to go on Victoza but I could not afford it. So I was on once a week Tanzium (stopped working), Levimir insulin but as soon as my insurance dropped the cost to $80 dollars for 3 months I was able to get off the insulin and start Victoza. I was gaining weight on the insulin but losing weight now on Victoza. I hope I keep losing"

CarolA April 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just started on Victoza. Have Type 2 diabetes and I am 46kg overweight. Before starting Victoza, I gave up smoking after 50 years and eliminated all sugar and carbs from my diet. In the past I have used Byetta but gave it up because it didn't agree with me. I eliminated all sugar and carbs from my diet and no longer take metformin but test myself after every meal . Taking Victoza will help as I am unable to exercise or walk far so weight loss is hard for me. The side effects do sound bad, but the effects of being obese are far worse - I mean I'd rather vomit or have a headache or whatever than have a heart attack. I met a woman some while ago who had been grossly obese but when I met her she was slender and looked fantastic. I asked her "How did you lose all that weight?" She just smiled at me and said "Because I wanted to." With the Victoza helping with eating and blood tests, my "wanting to" lose the weight has just solidified to "I WILL"."

Ted67 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking the medication for a week now. It has helped with by blood sugar. I've taken metformin, which caused stomach issues and diarrhea and invokamet which really didn't agree with me. I love the medication so far. It controls much appetite and I eat way less. The only side effects I noticed are nausea. The first 2 days I took it I had a lot of energy. I don't have as much energy now, but to much regular self I guess. It also lowered my blood pressure, which is a good thing!!!! I have no real complaints of the drug though."

Jo Lynn April 9, 2018

For Weight Loss "The plunger on the Victoza pen is not reliable. I have been using this medication for over a year and so far I have had to discard three pens because they are rejects. Not to mention the cost of replacement. I have taken the pens to the pharmacist and they can not get the pens to function either. As there are no representatives on the road it’s a dead end. I am going to ask my doctor for an alternative medication as this drug applicator is not reliable. Trust this feedback is a heads up for other users."

Lala April 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This stuff at 1.2 dose is pure poison to me. Started 0.6, and my blood sugar (BS) looked a lot better, no side effects. Increased to 0.6 + 5 clicks, appetite decreased, weight loss, even better BS. Asked if I could stay at that dose, was told no, increase to 1.2. Drs goal is to get me off lantus. Three days on 1.2 and I am puking every 2 hours and diarrhea even though I haven't eaten in 2 days. This is my 2nd attempt with victoza. There will not be a 3rd. Nothing in the world is worth feeling this bad. Had to miss work yesterday and can barely stand today. Terrified to drink, as I can't even keep water down. Dr insists my side effects are "rare". Clearly she hasn't read any of the forums or reviews."

Shmoo2u (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "3 months into Victoza and still working very well for me. I slowly went up to 1.8 for a month but found that I had to snack in early morning hours because of low blood readings so I backed off to 1.2. I took several days to drop down so not sudden change for my system. At 1.2 morning readings have me between 88-92. I am still losing weight @ 1 to 2 lbs. week. Have lost 26 lbs in 2 1/2 months and my appetite is okay and I don’t crave foods not good for me and I SEE my food portions much different and smaller. This is a wonderful drug but I have had to learn how to get it to work best for me."

Marsie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It's a dirty shame to sell something that cost this much. And a really bad shame to sell something that you have to then also buy the needle to use each time. Really when you buy a car you do get wheels and tires. So you can drive it. Getting the medicine in a box only to get home and have to go back to get the needles to take your medicine is so silly. This will be the only time I use this medicine. You need to get it together. A very upset customer"

Dog April 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been prescribed this for twice a week. I will be getting it in a couple days. My doctor said for the first week I should eat about half of what I normally do to help combat the nausea. She also said it should help with weight loss. Currently I am taking metformin 500mg a day & she is talking about adding lisinopril to my regimen"

missy moo-moo (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Victoza for about about 2 months and been a diabetic for over 20 years. I take 2 oral diabetes medication and Victoza is a miracle drug I lost ten pounds in two weeks !!! My A1c always been 10 and 11. I can’t wait to go to the doctor, I was sick for a whole week couldn’t get out of bed after the first week of doses at 1.8 in the early morning !! But now 1.2 in the evening no sickness and I can eat a little instead of not eating at all I don’t exercise because of my work schedule but I’m eating better"

Ladawn99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Starting taking Victoza about a month ago. Started at 0.6 with no side effects. Moved to 1.2 a week later. Felt fine for initial couple days then had several days of feeling nauseous much of the day and the bad burps. Subsided after several days, but did delay the next bump up to 1.8 for a few days. Been on 1.8 about a week and generally feeling pretty good. Significant decreases in blood sugar levels (from 300 to 130). Have lost about 5 pounds. On Victoza, heavier, greasier food is not appealing. Accordingly, eating much healthier. Note: When I bumped up to the 1.8, I had about a week I was having difficulty reading computer screen/phone screen. Based on other input on the blog, this apparently was related to sudden drop in blood sugar levels. Vision is significantly improved the last few days. Not quite normal, but close. Very much appreciate all of the input from this site! Thanks everyone!!"

CaliGal April 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "In addition to typical experience of mild stomach cramps, nausea, and the mid-morning diarrhea rash, gave me severe anxiety and feeling of panic with chest tightness. Discontinued use after a week of that."

tzachyb (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hi all, I started on 0.6mg for a week. Extreme nausea on day one but relieved with Ginger capsules. The rest of that week the side effects weren’t bad. Then I upped the dose to 1.2mg and the nausea and heartburn we’re unbearable. Stopped after second week. Took a two day break and started back o. The.6mg dose. Will eventually try to increase but not double. I’ll go up a click at a time to test my tolerance. I do not need insulin yet and my doctor thought it would help me lose weight and bring down my A1C. I’m so hopeful that it’ll work. I do not have an appetite at all on the low dose, but am tolerating it again so far. No weight lose yet and am hoping it will work on the lower dose if I’m unable to increase it."

Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started 3/26 and it is day 3 and I have had to force myself to eat. I am overly fatigued. But as a truck driver I really need to get my weight under control . I will keep you all posted! Good luck"

Truck driver (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes six years ago. Started on Metformin and it did not agree. Then on Januvia for 5 years and thought I would be a cripple from it. Dr. Put me on Victoza in January on 1.2 dose daily. I was 268 lbs., 66 year old woman, 5'4" tall. Since then I am down to 240 lbs. as of 2 months using this drug. 14 lbs. per month. Lately I am losing slowly, l/2 lb. per week recently and don't know if this will continue. My appetite is decreased and I do not crave sweets. I have a slight headache occasionally but found it was from eating a few pieces of jerky which I did not realize was loaded with sugar! I am now aware of what I eat and will be careful with my food intake. I think this drug is wonderful."

CarolFlorida (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started victoza one month ago to bring my A1c and blood sugar levels down for my type 2 diabetes. In the beginning I started the low dose of 0.6 and then went up to 1.6. My physician advised me to stay on the 1.6 because my blood sugar levels started to become normal when I checked my sugars twice a day. So far the time I've taken victoza I noticed I felt severely dizzy and light headed. I called emergency ambulance and they checked my sugar and blood pressure. My blood pressure was extremely low 98/52 because of the victoza. I explained all this to my physician and agreed that victoza was the cause of my low blood pressure. I had to stop victoza. I don't recommend victoza for those who already have low blood pressure or normal blood pressure because your blood pressure can become too low on victoza. Talk to your doctor about all side effects before starting victoza to eliminate the risks rather than benefits."

Eboney (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Weight Loss "The first time I took Victoza I was 53, 60 lbs overweight and lost 8 lbs quickly then it dropped off to 1/2 lb a week. I was disappointed so I quit taking it. I'm now 55 and am 75 lbs overweight. What I found was that by NOT taking it, I was gaining 1/2 to 3/4 lb every week. I've been back on it for about 6 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. I am consistently losing 2.5 lbs a week. Not as much as I would like, but as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm happy. I started off with 0.6 dosage at night before bed and when I wasn't feeling nausea, I clicked it up by one notch. I'm now at 1.8 dosage and doing well. I find the cravings have completely disappeared and I eat 1/2 as much as I used to (and I never though I over ate to begin with). I still have 60 lbs to go, but I'm hopeful I will finally get this weight off."

GoingthruMenopause (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Weight Loss "I have been using this drug for over 6 months.I would like to see a more reliable plunger/ needle. I have found the plunger jams and it’s very upsetting to have to stab yourself mutiple times.I have taken the plunger to my pharmacy and they have attached a larger needle and eventually we get the plunger operable."

Lana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hi so this review is based on my dad’s experience with Victoza. Definitely a drug that takes adjusting to. My dad’s A1C was at a level where we feared for his life, levels around 15-19 and he would not tell us but I knew he was not doing well and took him to a specialist. Dr suggested Victoza and we started adjusting it as directed. By the time he got at 1.8 the symptoms were unbearable. Sick, nausea no appetite. We decided to bring it down to 1.2. He was still feeling slight discomfort and I told him to take it right before bed. This change has made his quality of life 100% better! He’s so happy and feeling better than he has in years! He’s only been on it for 2 months and A1C is down around 6-7. We are afraid of the long term side effects and will ask Dr since this drug is supposed to help your body promote insulin, first, can he lower it even more and how long is he expected to be on this drug. So far great experience but we are proceeding with caution and testing regular."

Daddy’s Girl March 17, 2018