User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Victoza Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Victoza to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I got con on victoza it does what it might say on the tin but its given me more than I bargained foe didn't expect to end up with thyroid cancer or depression Victoza makes me feel angry, sad etc I eat a meal I find I waste half of it it, makes me run to the loo more I don't end up making sometimes I go through lots of trousers in a day due to victoza causing problems I feel bloated my blood pressures gone up & up & up plus at first I thought I would give it a real chance to make a difference but has it not. Plus my GP said they have been given victoza to patients instead of Metformin- I don't think so as vicatoza is too expensive and Metforming is cheaper to buy than the other one. I feel like I've been lied to about the effects & affects it has on you"

Swetie pie July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well I have been on Victoza for 6 weeks and estimate a weight loss of about 20 pounds maybe a little less. I did not even know this was really for weight loss and that was why the doctor gave it to me. But hey its working. I don't have a goal except to wear a pair of Men Speedo Bikini Swim suit. I know sounds funny but If I can get to 250 and with my height I will look good in them. My trip to Asia with the wife is in November so wish me luck. Oh and it is helping my A1C"

Katy Texas man (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor gave me Victoza to lower my A1C which was in 8.2. She put me in low dose 0.6 injection plus 2000mg metformin. I started feel side effects after the second injection headaches, nausea and a lot of stomach discomfort. I don't have too much appetite the which is good. My reading drooped from 174 fasting to 120. The only bad thing is that my insurance don't cover Victoza so my doctor switch me to Trulicity and I hope I don't have new side effects."

Mrs.Nocturnal (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Victoza on 6/24 at .06 and the side effects were minimal. Little bloated feeling; nausea but never vomited. Then one week later increased to 1.2 then that's when the side effects got more intense; 'egg burps', diarrhea, gas, but no vomiting. Not much of an appetite and glad to say I've lost 14 lbs and BG is 109 in a.m. and highest I've seen after eating 2 hr reading 140. These are very good readings for me as I've never seen my a.m readings that low. Last Dr visit my A1C read was 7.5 Just going to stick with this regime of Victoza and see what my A1C read will be come Sept ...wish you all the best if you chose this RX"

Cb641 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started VICTOZA on June 26th 2017 didn't really have any of the side effects it did give me some what of a headache. I stared out taking 0.6 and now I'm at 1.8 I think you have to start out low so your body gets use to it. So far I have lost 20lbs and my sugar levels are really good. I got back to the doctor in August for my A1C last time it was 9.2 can't wait to see what it is this time. I will write another review in August."

jujhukle6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started victoza on April 21 2017 weighing 305lb. Started taking .06 and the first week had gas and insomnia, light nausea and loss of appetite totally. BP went from 135/80 to 120/70 Week 2 increase medication to 1.2 lost 8 lbs in 2 wks. At week 4 no more side effects weighing 288lb. Take peppermint gel caps for nausea and it helps with gas. I hope to get weight down to 200 lbs. No fried foods No pizza No soda, just fruits meat vegetables steamed chicken tuna fish salads smoothies and less dairy products. Will you posted. My blood sugars dropped by.50/100 points now. Can't really say to much bad about this drug but it help me to stay full less eating plenty of water."

Tuttie1977 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking victoza since April 2017, I been having a lot of nausea and diarrhea, I also have a host of other illness, like gastroparisis, I have had that problem before I started taking victoza, dr. Said that gastroparisis is a side effect from being a diabetic , so I will continue to take my victoza cause my a1c is way better not eating a lot and cause my goal is to lose weight, so I deal with the side effects, good luck to all that can hang in there with it."

Dc53 -1964 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Here are some of my comments about posts like this made from non medical professionals. First off, the propylene glycol guy - unless your antifreeze is junk it should contain ethylene glycol. Additionally, almost all multi dose vials contain propylene glycol as a preservative and phenol is only a drying alcohol. It's also found in camphor phenique and similar oral pain remedies. It doesn't cause cancer it causes low blood pressure (pg) when given IV press in a fast manner. (Read a book). Secondly, if your GP is garbage there are about another 100k mds around so find a better one. I bet you spent less time looking for your GP than your car. You probably went to this great guy your friend from the fire department recommended."

DrEddieZane June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Did well on the 1.2 dose but the 1.8 dose gave me significant side effects and they are just getting worse. I had to have prescription medication for vomiting. Side effects include, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, sore throat, tiredness, diarrhea, dizziness. It has been almost a month at 1.8 and I feel horrible. The side effects outweigh the benefits in my case. I will have to go back to the 1.2 dose and try to increase it by .1 every week."

BarbWestervelt June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started on Victoza 0.6 for the first two weeks experiencing some nausea and diarrhea about every 4th day. Week three upped the dose to 1.2, for the next two weeks, again experiencing the same issues but not quite as bothersome. My appetite is definitely diminished, and at times I will feel queasy before eating. I have lost 7 pounds in the four weeks. My energy level is good, I continue to workout 6 days a week and my blood sugar readings have dropped significantly. Going into week five (started on 1.8 this am) my morning readings are averaging 127 and that's down significantly from my average of 163 before starting this medication."

Disney nut June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My GP has done a con Job as they shoved me on Victoza without any info on how safe it is. As they can't prove stuff they have got you by the short & curlies. If you continue to take you could be seriously ill later. Think do you want to die - I think not. Get it withdrawn as it causes thyroid problems, plus cancer - who wants this - not me. I told my GP that I wasn't taking it any more if they couldn't be honest about victoza"

sillysod (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Yea! Lets put Antifree in our body! Doctor want me to take it. Look up the inactive crap your putting in your body What are the ingredients in Victoza? Propylene glycol! Phenol (paint stripper) No thanks. Its all money and killing us! Active Ingredient: liraglutide Inactive Ingredients: disodium phosphate dihydrate, propylene glycol, phenol and water for injection"

why?? poison June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am having a lot of side effects like heartburn running nose, back pain indigestion and sweats. I don't know whether to stop taking the meds, it has lowered my sugar greatly down to 88 instead of 300. I am also taking 10 mgs of glyburide in the morning and evening"

little cindy May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on for 3 weeks and am losing weight. Clothes are loser. I average about 700 calories a day, as that is all I can bear to eat. The sight of food makes me nauseated and I take the med at night because of the drowsiness it produces. It is doing what it promises. Food has taken a back seat in my life for a change. I don't even think of my next meal, anymore."

FLDUO May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Victoza for about a year now. I started with the small dose. Could never advance to the full dose due to the side effects. My doctor ran a A1C and my blood sugars had gone from 8.8 to 6.7. We decided to stay at the starter dose. I take the injection in the evening at dinner time. I still get the headache and nausea but it is mostly during sleep and wake up to it. I usually will get up, have coffee and ride it out for about an hour and get ready for work. Nausea gone headache dull and barely noticeable. It's worth the frustration to me"

Larry from Ontario, NY (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a research scientist and am very knowledgeable on insulin devices and diabetes 1. I got diarrhea a lot and for an extended time 2. About 12% of the pens shipped do not work. ExpressScripts refuses to replace defective pens. 3. My A1c levels began to climb linearly as soon as this drug replaced original therapy; i.e. Drug failure."

SciGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Victoza since February of 2017. At first I had nausea and constipation. I upped dose to 1.2 and was really feeling bad. When I went up to 1.8 it was continually making me feel sick. My doctor told me to go back to 1.2. After a week on the 1.2 things started getting better. I still have the nausea but it is only sometimes. The constipation I solved by taking a stool softener. I feel full after eating about a 4th of what I used to. Sometimes just the thought of food makes me feel queasy. The best thing is the weight loss. I started out weighing 323 lbs. I went to the doctor today and my weight is down to 280. It feels so good to lose weight without feeling hungry. A1-c number went down from 9.3 to 6.6."

Laniey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started on 1 April 17 and so far NO weight loss, my glucose readings gone UP not down, I have this full feeling all the time which I can't bear and feel generally 'not myself' . This evening I've had severe palpitations for about 3 hours with a horrible doom and gloom feeling, I have no pain, just flutters, tearful, impending doom feeling. I have just taken a reading and my glucose is 25mmol/L which is higher than it was BEFORE I started on Viktoza. It's not for me. I was doing better and feeling better just taking Sitagliptin. Going to ring my doctor tomorrow."

Grace53 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started this last night. I have zero appetite. How is this possible? I love food, but I don't really feel like eating. All I've had today is some grapes. I have a sandwich in my lunchbox, but I don't have any appetite. I haven't had any of the side effects so far. I started with the 1.2 dose. The "pen" is really easy to use compared to my intramuscular testosterone. However, this drug is ridiculously expensive. Even with good insurance, I would have to pay almost $400 a MONTH!!! Fortunately, another serious illness pushed me over my out-of-pocket annual. So, I filled the script for $0. Due to politics I may have no insurance next year. Anyway, so far, so good with Victoza."

IndridCold (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Victoza for a year now. Initially, for about a month I experienced a few side effects - nausea being the most prevalent. Pleased I continued the drug as ALL side effects have gone. The drug certainly has improved my glucose readings. I take my 1.8 injection first thing in the morning when my blood glucose hovers around 160ish. I don't eat for about two hours after the injection when my glucose numbers fall to the 120s. Not a cure but an improvement."

Bobjr52 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on victosa for about 7 weeks and have lost over 2 stone on it I feel full all the time and now I'm being increased to 1.8 after 3 months I hope to lose a lot more weight and that my blood sugar will u be a lot less than it currently is"

Emz 1 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using victoza steadily since October 2016. I've had no side effects and along with diet my A1C has dropped from 10 to 6.9. I've lost almost 30 pounds as well. My only complaint is that there is waaayyyyyyyy too much left in the pen when it's reached it's last dose. I'm on 1.8mg. This is an expensive Med even with my discount card and my insurance. There needs to be away to get almost all of the med out. Too much is going to waste. I take lantus as well and because of the unit measurement of the drug I'm able to use an insulin syringe to get all of my medications ( that's expensive as well). I hope this issue can be solved eventually. It hurts my heart and pocket to see that medication wasted. Thanks."

Almost satisfied (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Viktoza for a month now, I've not had any nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea ... but also I haven't lost any weight and my blood sugar is the same at 13-15mmol/L before breakfast every morning. My energy levels have dropped and I feel more tired than I did without Viktoza. I'm a lot less hungry so I'm eating less than before but still no weight loss and no drop in blood sugar. Have also had periods of blurred vision and odd sensations in various parts of my body. I'm baffled because it seems to be doing lots for other people almost immediately yet it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all for me even after a month on 1.2 dosage. Any ideas?"

Grace Kirk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"(2/2) from 0.6 to 1.2 I know my digestive system has slowed way down My doctor prescribed Metonia and Domperidone to counteract these side effects which seems to be working for me I also notice my appetite has continued to be low and I get full very quickly my blood sugar stabilized with 3-4 day after starting the Victoza and despite the side effects I am happy with this medication but hope not to be on it long term as I worry about long term side effects I would recommend this"

Catlover9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on victoza since Feb 15 2017. I have had barely any side effects and have lost 30 lbs. The medicine does not work by its self I take the 1.8 dose and I eat low carb and low sugar. I also have fibromialgia and Hashimotos. I go thru the patient assistance program to get my victoza."

Rosie E (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017