User Reviews for Trulicity

Learn more about Trulicity.

Diabetes, Type 2 197 reviews 139 medications

5.9
Summary of Trulicity reviews 197 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Trulicity

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started on Trulicilty low dose last Thursday and 2 days in I got the chills and body aching esp my back and hands now I have developed a cough and the back of my neck hurts. I have to inject another dose tomorrow let's see how it is hope this isn't the reason why I'm sick cause usually I'm never sick and I got my flu shot. As I'm writing this review review but now I feel like crap. But blood sugar is good fasting today was 93"

Sukilayvone February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Four weeks now on this medication first 3 weeks on 1.5 then they reduced it to .75 still no different, and am NOT taking another one! The vomiting and diarrhoea is crippling me, having to take two days a week off sick, I can't do this. I've lost just under a stone in weight and I'm not that big to start with! The constance stomach cramps not wanting to be far from the loo is taking its toll! It hasn't helped my sugars at all if anything it's worse! Good luck"

Domino66 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started this medication..75 dose. I'm worried about the lab tests on rats causing thyroid tumors...anyone else know about this?"

Trymcclinton (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking the 1.5 dose now for about a month, it has really gotten my diabetes under control, yes I had a little stomach issues (mostly gassy) in the first week or so I used it, but it cleared up, I inject it into my stomach, but I alternate sides every week so I am not injecting it in the same place all the time. I think this helps. I have experienced a bit of weight loss about 2 pounds in a month, which is not terrible. But looking at all the other comments in here, I guess it affects people in different ways, my experience has really not been bad at all. I hate giving my self injections, but it far out weighs the high sugar readings. Your supposed to be between 70 and 99, I was 481, I am now down around the 100 mark."

Boomy3200 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started .75 dose in November of 2016. It immediately curbed my appetite and helped me lose 37 lbs by Feb 2017. There is a little stomach discomfort sometimes but its not too bad. There is also constipation for about 3 days each week, but I believe its from the colon not moving anything. The med slows digestion. My experience with the med is positive, much more than with Bydureon. That's was a nightmare. I recently went to a low carb high fat diet and its working even better now. I hope this helps someone out there. PS, And don't let the doc start you on the higher dose. Ask for samples or rebates because most insurers don't cover it."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Day two of taking the higher dose of trulicity I was so ill , my breath smelt like poop and I kept burping with the most awful eggy/ pooey breath , later that night I was violently sick and it smelt again like poop and looked liked it . I've never been sick with what looked like should have come out the other end . Just started on lower dose today so hopefully don't get side affects like that again ."

Lotuselise (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on my 4th week of taking Trulicity. The first 3 weeks, have had side effects like, nausea, heart burn, sickness, which I kind of managed to tolerate. But this forth week has probably got to be the worst side affects I have had. Everything thing I eat I can't keep down. And very bad heartburn all the time, and I just feel miserable. On the plus side, yes my sugar levels have reduced which is great, and I have lost half a stone in weight."

Pam1969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So this was my first time taking trulicity I took first shot on Wednesday. Today is Friday. I am on .75 once a week. I have had no side effects except for constipation. No sickness, no bad stomach...nothing. I am wondering if anyone else has had constipation? I am also on trisiba 66 at night, and my regular meal insulin at every meal."

Sianny (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started on .75 initially for two weeks, then upped to 1.5. After a week at 1.5 dosage, began getting severe acid reflux. I did loose about 10 lbs. but I woke up several times choking on stomac acid, got so bad it was in my lungs. Great. Lowers A1C but at the risk of choking to death in my sleep. Trulicity sucks. AT this point I'm taking Lantus and novolog, still can't get AM before breakfast numbers and after meal numbers anywhere near goal. I'm beyond frustrated. About ready to chuck the whole program and just take my chances. The alleged cure seems worse than the disease!"

Greenco Mick January 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Aside from all of the stomach issues and fatigue, this is now the second time that a box of the pens have been defective. When you contact the company to report it, they all but call you a liar. I will be telling my doctor to find another med. I use other pens and have never had a problem with them. The secondary issue is now I have used pens ahead of time in the place of defective ones and my insurance will not authorize more pens ahead of time. The drug company did agree to do a """one""" time replacement of the two pens. Getting off now because this tells me I am on my own in the future."

no money to bu January 31, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "6 weeks on Trulicity 1.5 injection and my continued previous metaformin 4 each day. My last injection left side I had blood on injecting and later purple around that local site. For the past 2 weeks I've had a sore inside the right floor of the nostril which is uncomfortable. Initially I used to feel full all the time but now, I have a desire to eat more. My weight has dropped considerably, but this morning has risen. Generally my energy level has been better. My blood sugar is mostly 6.2 and lower. Half hour after food I note my sugar hasn't gone beyond 8 and after 2 hours I tested and found it was back to 6.7 or lower. I am more actively engaged in doing chores. Metaformin I found myself doing stroking movement all the time."

Maude288 January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have had no problems with trulicity other than weight loss. I have been taking the injectable .75 for 8 weeks now with absolutely no problems. I'm not sure of my A 1 C as they are doing it February 10th. I have found I have absolutely no appetite and have to force myself to eat or even remember to eat as I always seem to have that "full" feeling. Dr also has me on the once a day dose of Januvia and glipizide. I'll update on my a1c when it's checked again. Thank goodness for my insurance paying anything that has to do with diabetes, as between Trulicity and Januvia, it would break the bank!"

Dia 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Trulicity 1.5 and Oseni on Tuesday. Did not feel well on Wed...kind of indigestion and burping a little, thinking it was lunch. Thursday the awful sulphur burps started which have not stopped. I feel like a baby is kicking my insides. Friday was all day diarrhea. Not much appetite but I know I need to eat so I eat a little. My blood sugars have NOT gone down and holding between 150 and 210. Sat the diarrhea was gone but the burps were worse and nothing can stop them. I cannot sleep. I am so tired. Sunday, today, I could not make it to church because of the burping and gurgling in my belly and you never know when the diarrhea will hit again. I will not use another dose of this medicine."

Pegleg51 January 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took my first dose 4 days ago, Having indigestion and nausea. Hoping I can lose some weight on this because it does kill cravings. I was on tanzeum and had absolutely no side effects but it is cost prohibitive. Can get this for free with mfr. coupon. Hoping the nausea goes away- its like morning sickness ladies!"

LoloLoo January 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "In the beginning I had some diarrhea and belly issues...that subsided after a few days. I only have one reaction to it now and that is I get an itchy hive at the injection site about 12 hours after I use it. It goes away within a few hours, I'm not worried. It has lowered my HA1C's like a charm. I LOVE this injection, I feel fuller longer, I no longer crave sugar, I've lost 25 pounds without really trying and I have no side effects at all. One tip...to ease the burn of the shot I put it in a cup of warm water so it comes up past room temperature. Also I use the coupon on the website to pay for it."

Melijm January 23, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This was my 4th week taking trulicity .75 the 1st two wks went ok, the 3rd week I started having severe pains in my stomach, severe nausea, hives, diarrhea. The 4th week was the same but worse, I broke out in hives from my head to my feet, had welts all over me, I just got back from the hospital last night because of it. And it's still doing the same thing the next morning, I wake up with severe stomach pains, nausea I belch an tastes like rotten eggs, diarrhea, and the itching, hives everywhere! ! Ended up having to take prednisone and benedryl for the hives rash, Zofran and acid reducers for the sickness and vomiting. It makes food lay in my stomach and doesn't let it digest. Please DO research on this medicine if it is offered!!"

Becky v (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity (.75) for about 6 weeks. Has lowered blood sugar about 25 points. Will get A1C in two weeks. The first shot left me with nausea and upset stomach. That has passed and now I have no stomach problems. I take shot at night and am fine by next morning. It has left me with joint pain in my hands. This pain started the first week and I still have some joint pain. I keep hoping it will go away. I will see what happens in the next few weeks. I noticed in reviews that other people also had joint pain. Do any of these people have information on how long the pain lasts?? In talking with drug company and pharmacist, no one has any information on this issue. I have lost about 10 pounds."

Terry age 70 January 19, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started Trulicity last Thursday morning, through my diabetes specialist nurse at the hospital. I can relate to other people on hear with regards to side affects. The first day I felt nauseous and also felt very week like having the flu. No tummy pain though. Woke up the following day with fabulous levels 5.7 the best in 13 years . Yes my appetite has gone a lot, but I am not complaining. I have slimming world tomorrow morning for a weigh should be interesting. So so far so good "

Pammy1969 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "12 weeks in. 1.5 dose. Severe cramping of legs and abdominal area. Not digestive. Flank muscles under ribs bilaterally. This drug dose was suspect but I take lots of things. I took it 2 days late and found myself coming under control without cramps. Injected it at 10 pm last night. Up at 4 am next morning with such severe cramps that I fell down."

RobertRay (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Trulicity 1.5 for a few months now. I'm Type 1 so I also take humalog and tresiba. I have a love/hate relationship with Truclicity. It definitely helps with my sugars and weight loss. I don't have to take a much insulin when I'm on it. However, I have random nausea, weakness, and fatigue. Seems lately that it's happening more often. It's hard for me to get things done during the day because of the side effects. So I'm trying to decided if its worth staying on it."

Plhf (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine is awesome! Some stomach issues in the beginning (nausea, indigestion). They do not persist after a few weeks. My mood has improved, as well as less of an appetite. I uave not had any hypoglycemic events. Let your dose get to room temperature before injection."

Porkbelly11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took this have been sick all week from one dose and I will be glad when it wears off and I will be not taking any more. I had heart burn, an upset stomach, felt so full and sick especially when I eat. No more of this stuff - one dose enough."

Ding bat January 15, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood sugar went down first injection. It continues to be 7 or below morning and two hours after meals. I felt full and think sometimes I didn't eat enough. My weight dropped and continues. I am now on my 2nd month and for two days I have felt more hungry which I hope will change because I want to progress with weight loss. I have had next to no side effects. I feel better now but sometimes dizzy if I bend down for instance. I think this is an amazing drug and I feel sure I can get my weight down to target."

B Nixon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My experience after six weeks has been wonderful but scary at the same time. The drug makes me sick for a few days where I feel like I've been put through a tunnel. After that it kind of reduces the rest of the week. It does make me feel light-headed but not overly dizzy. I will update later. So far so good."

Zippy da glipity (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had my first dose. A day ago. I didn't and haven't had any side effects, Didn't even feel the needle, I'm an emotional eater. I eat if I see them eating in a movie. Good commercial, someone putting on a recipe, read a book that has food in it, eat breakfast, between lunch and supper, and bedtime. One thing I've noticed is that, today, I have not thought about food, I'm not hungry. Even with seeing food on tv. So I'm wondering if this also works on your mind. Dr.put me on it to get my sugar down, it was 11.3, 10.4, 9.5. 8.3. And now my a1c went back up to 9.3. And I been battling my weight, and my Dr.is also a Weight loss Dr. So feeling great, and I feel different, but seems like my mind has different thinking of that makes sense."

CracklinNut (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017