User Reviews for Trulicity

Diabetes, Type 2
5.5

Summary of Trulicity reviews 5.5 436 reviews

Reviews for Trulicity

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking Trulicity for several months. It's easy to inject. I was recently checked by my MD and my A1C used to be a 10 now it is a 7 and hopefully next time I visit with my MD it will be normal. Fried foods and sweets upset my stomach. So I don't eat them."

Clemsongirl#1 August 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been taking for 9 weeks. Seeing huge difference in blood sugar numbers. Haven't had a new A1C yet but it should be good. First week or two some nausea, dizziness and vomiting but it didn't continue. Do have to be careful what you eat and how much. You're going to make yourself sick if you don't heed their warnings about eating too much at once. I give it a thumbs up."

LZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took the drug for two weeks, got off before I lost the ability to walk. The first week I had a major pain in my left knee and throwing up breakfast. The second week throwing up continue. The knee pain was not as intense, but my right foot developed pain preventing me from walking more than 30 steps. Blood sugar readings showed no improvement, were running in the 230 area. Still struggle with walking."

Hampster (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "like having the worst case of flu"

rog (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Within an hour of taking my first injection, I had severe nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. Because this is a once a week dose, the med has stayed in my system. It’s been six days, and I’m just now starting to feel better. I’ve been confined to my home because I can’t be far from a bathroom. Fortunately, I have Tricare who, even though made me change from Byetta to this, they’re allowing me to go back on Byetta since I gave Trulicity a try; they’ll go back to paying for my Byetta."

SandyKay (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Trulicity for 4 months now. My A1c is now half what it once was. I lost 10lbs and I feel good. What I have realized is that my body craves more water than what was my norm but I'm ok with that. I have had none of the side effects that everyone else has had. My only complaint is the price. I am currently in between medical coverage and $800 is just a bit much for just a 1 month supply."

NitaBell (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On Trulicity more than three years. A1c always at 6 or lower. Then pancreatitis hit and put me in the hospital for ten days. Developed sepsis and hospital physician told my wife he didn’t think I would live. Feel great now, 4 1/2 months later. On zero diabetes meds now and last A1c was 6.2. Contacted Lilly and they offered me zilch sympathy or info or basically anything. I also feel Trulicity may be the cause of my stage 4 kidney disease, but have no proof."

Burr (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I feel like the user before me. I’m not sure I’m getting the injection. My AIc has been lowered by this drug but my blood sugars are high. How can that be? I also have experienced nausea and odd bowels with diarrhea and constipation. And dry mouth! My sugars are high! 145 - 160 and a recent 210. And that was the day I injected Trulicity. I have not been good on diet and have gained 10 lbs this year (sedentary) but wondering if this Trulicity is worth it? My insurance runs out on it soon so will have to self pay $800 a month! My AI C a few months ago was 6.5. (Amazing even with 160 BS). Help!"

Meridethlady (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Early 2018 I was referred to an endocrinologist who immediately stopped Metformin (1000mg/day) and switched to Trulicity 0.75 + daily Glimepride. With Metformin my meter showed my blood glucose 140-190. A1c was around 7. No apparent side effects from Trulicity except gaining 3-4 pounds and having "pebble" bowel motions which, after a few days, turns to urgent needs but not diarrhea. My same meter now shows blood glucose levels regularly 280+ and sometimes 400+. A1c has increased too. I have injected via belly and thighs. No difference but sometimes I wonder if any fluid was actually injected. Today I firmly placed the syringe near the top of my thigh, pressed the button and waited. I felt no "squirt" and the click came very quickly in 1-2 seconds. No tiny blood speck. No overflow drop. This has happened several times and I wonder if some syringes are faulty. With Medicare insurance via Humana mail-order I'm now paying over $40US a week which will eventually increase when I enter the next Medicare payment tier."

ExPat July 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Had my first Trulicity dose Thursday and I have NEVER felt this bad ! Headache , nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn ( and I can't keep anything down or in ). Sugar keeps going low because I can't keep anything down. I'm sorry but I will not take this again ! I'd rather take insulin than feel like this ."

LAB (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on trulicity for 5 weeks now I have actually gained weight and have a really bad excess fluid problem. I have a dull pain in my upper left quadrant, It's worse when I take my shot for like three days. I'm still on 0.75mg and due to start more soon. I'm really worried my pancreas can't handle this med. Previously I have had my sugars go from 150 to 90 just by swimming for 45 minutes. I will get my A1C in 3 weeks and hopefully it will be down if not I might have to go to insulin...not one of the things I want to have happen."

carla (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am taking trulicity for 6 month. After 3 month I started to loose my hair. Now I've lost 75% of my hair. For a woman it is devastating. Is anybody had this problem?"

davydovg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on the .75 dose for over a year. Endocrine wanted to increase the amount and I said I couldn’t handle the nausea at .75. But they encouraged me to continue. I really tried to forge past the nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Yes my sugars have come down however since February they have started to be all over the map. The nausea is much worse, I’m vomiting in my sleep and choking all the time. Irregular periods. Constant diarrhea. Numbness in my feet. Excessive fatigue. Joint pain. Itching all over. Sore throat. And most recently abdominal pain in my left upper stomach. I’m terrified I’m getting pancreatitis. This is not worth it. My Dr & endo said I would lose weight on this Med. False. I’ve gained 6 pounds. I’m over it. My kidney function has decreased I’m now stage 2 chronic kidney disease. I pray the Med isn’t to blame. I also pray that it hasn’t caused permanent damage to other organs. Don’t use this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My A1C numbers have NEVER been good. I would try so hard to eat right through the day, at night I would be so hungry that a 4th meal would only do - plus being an emotional eater did not help. I started taking Trulicity about 8 months ago, A1C 8.3, 176 pounds. The best and only side effect was loss of appetite and loss of the emotional urges to eat. 3 months ago A1C was 7.3, lost 22 pounds, ate healthy. Just had more blood work. A1C 5.5, morning glucose reading is 90, have lost 13 more pounds, slowly and healthfully and feel great! I see endocrinologist tomorrow and worry he will take me off Trulicity. Hope he decides to lower insulin, Levamir and at the very least just lower the dose of the Trulicity to see if I can maintain great numbers and weight loss! Trulicity seems to be my lifesaver! With the weight loss and great numbers my new hobby is ME! Plus, I feel so good I am trying to just ease through stress, because I can’t control anyone else...and just want to live."

Jayne July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am now on trulicity three and a half weeks. I have experienced severe bloating belching and flatulence. Also I have experienced sour stomach and acid reflux. The severe belching and flatulence is enough to keep me awake at night I've tried Gas-X does not help and Rolaids. Has anybody experienced these side effects. On the positive side my blood sugar has come down the last 75 points to be in the 120 to 130 range which I have not been able to achieve with tresiba alone. What I was really wondering because of the positive effects of lowered blood sugar with a these symptoms will subside eventually"

Steven (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Two different pharmacists said call my congressman because the trulicity manufacturer is doing a big scam called trulicity. And get that scam price over $2,500 dollars for 90 day supply. My pharmacist said they're trying to make tons of money from drug insurance. And the med is a scam itself. No good."

lisa July 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For many who have discussed success with Trulicity, But are struggling with the cost, I wanted to share what we were able to do for my 82 year old mom who is a type 2 for 15 years. Her doctor agreed to try the Trulicity before going to insulin and she is in her second year with significantly improved A1C. She is at the higher dosage. Some nausea still occurs but she manages to deal with it and has no other side effects. Though she has decent gap coverage with her medicaid, she is in the “donut hole” by June/July. So her doctor suggested we apply to Lilly Care. There is an online application and clear directions. They were also extremely helpful on the phone. You will need your doctor to complete their page and submit."

Sher0561 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Metformin stopped working for me and my blood sugar went up past 200. I had to save up money because it cost almost $400 to start this medicine. I've been on Trulicity for 5 months. It's wonderful! Blood sugar is down to 90 to 110, only side effect I have is palpitations. I will skip 3-4 beats over 30 seconds and then it is fine. Best thing that has happened to me in quite a while. Only problem is that Trulicity won't give you a savings card if you have medicare. Come on Trulicity, these are the people who don't a lot of money. I glad I have health insurance because I certainly couldn't afford it otherwise."

sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve taken Trulicity 3 weeks. I get very sick when I eat too much food at one time. Smaller portions stopped side effects immediately. I’m forced that eat less and correctly or there are consequences of vomiting, stomach pains and body aches. I still struggle with this some days and food comforts me when I am stressed. I guess it’s a mental thing. I eat less on this medication. I’ve lost 8 pounds in three weeks. I want to maintain my weight loss and learn to eat right. Overall, I am pleased and I have started exercising."

Pjay (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The first week after the shot I felt exhausted and had no appetite whatsoever. I could only eat a few bites of each meal. The second week I felt totally normal. Third week, less than 6 hours after taking the dose, I was vomiting and had severe stomach pains and diarrhea. I was so sick that I had to go to the emergency room. The remainder of that week I would have terrible diarrhea after eating any carbs or fatty foods. The doctor told me to try it one more time. I waited 2 weeks to try it again because I was honestly mortified from the time before. I tried it once more and had severe stomach pains and bloating all that day. That night I began vomiting and felt like I was going to pass out. It began to be so severe that I had to be hospitalized AGAIN. I will never take this medication again. I felt 10x worse than I did when I had the flu. I’m only 21 years old and usually my body is not sensitive to medications."

Never take this medication (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity for about 2.5 months! First shot was a little nausea and very tired. But was somewhat ok. Well I took my last shot Thursday and by Saturday I was the sickest I have ever been! Vomiting and severe pain in my stomach and back! Admitted to hospital. I am home and the nausea is still terrible. Don’t take it! Please!! Bad stuff!"

Nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On month 4 and my glucose levels are less than one half of what they were on metformin. I have some constipation which I am successfully treating with OTC medicine. Other than that, not symptoms like others have been describing. Overall very happy with my results."

petek (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It has worked wonders for me. It has lowered my A1C and I have had no big issues. However, I am having some breathing issues and don't know if this is the Trulicity. Has anyone else experienced breathing problems?"

Gina (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve just taken my 1st dose of Trulicity, on Saturday, and until today, Wednesday, literally no side effects. This morning about 11 am, back hurt so bad felt like a donkey had kicked me in the spine. By 12:30 I was in car crying on way home from abdominal pain. Nausea, sweating, shaking, pain was super low, near pelvic/pubic area. Sweating so bad it was pouring off me as I sat naked on my bed trying to find a comfortable potition. It’s summer here in NY and was lying in bed, wracked w/pain, sweating & cold, wrapped in a fleece blanket and feather comforter. My toes hurt they were so cold. After 3 hours of this pain just went away. I then passed out for 2 hours. Still very sore, especially in hips. But it wasn’t until today that I noticed that I hadn’t actually been hungry all week. And today all I had from 8 am until 7 pm was a toasted bagel. Not sure if this is worth the hassle. But my A1C has been rising steadily the last year."

lymric June 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took this med for 6 weeks. Dropped 4 pounds and lowered appetite. Drastically increased migraines; had to file intermittent FMLA (The Family and Medical Leave Act form) for work so I didn’t get fired. Got severely constipated then weekly severe cramping/diarrhea to finally move bowels. This also increased anxiety and depression. This med was stopped and changed to Victoza. Still suffering the migraine after effects until it is completely out of my system. Injection is super painful (like a 4 second bee sting). Had to work myself up to administering it weekly. Have more energy now that I’m off med. Anxiety and depression back to normal. Been off now for 1 week 5 days."

SW from OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018