User Reviews for Trulicity

Learn more about Trulicity.

Diabetes, Type 2 276 reviews 141 medications

6.1
Summary of Trulicity reviews 276 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Trulicity

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I did fine until first shot of increased dosage. 2 days after injection I had severe diarrhea and vomiting. I had one walk-in clinic visit for fluids. Two ER visits with the last ending in admittance to hospital with 5 more bags of fluid. I wouldn't suggest anyone take the increased dosage if the smaller dosage is working. Actually I wouldn't recommend it to anyone"

milk maid July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been battling this silent disease for too long (20 years) with no good end results. I was just starting to think maybe my high numbers are normal for me? After finding the right doctor and the right regiment I think I'm starting to get back to normal. (what is that?), with Metformin, Lantus and, Trulicity . I was a little weary about taking a weekly injectable...scared of something going wrong. My numbers are no longer 400-600. Trulicity has brought them down to NORMAL! I'm only fearful of the bad data out there and what are the long term effects of this drug? Need to do more research but it's working!"

insulin resistant (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Trulicity for 6 months. I started on the lowest dose for 2 months then increased to a double dose for the next 4 months. I thought it was working great until 2 days ago and I got numbers in the mid 500's the past 2 days. Talked to another person using Trulicity also and the same thing happened to him. Neither one of have changed our diet or have done anything differently. It's a mystery. I'm wondering this was a bad batch or if it just stops working after a while. At $250 a month I can't afford something that works this ineffectively. Any others have this problem?"

u don't need to know (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on my 2nd dose, and no side effects at all. I haven't lost interest in food, like I was hoping because I need to lose weight. I have not been sick or anything, and my daily readings have not gone down by much. I almost wonder if its really getting inside of me when i inject it (Being funny there). I hope it starts to do something, I am on the lower dose, so maybe I need the higher one. I go for a follow up in August, I will know more then"

Bunnyblue25 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Addendum to June 13th post: My A1c is 7.2, down from 9.2 in May. That's 2 points in 2 months. Yaay!!!! My Endo was very pleased. He started me on Trulicity..75 in May because I was having GI issues with Janumet. I've had no nausea or diarrhea with Trulicity. Only mild headache, decreased appetite, some abdominal soreness/achiness, and low blood sugars during the day. Now, I take 5-10 units of Novolog prior to meals and at times none at all depending on my blood sugar reading. My Levemir has decreased as well- I take 42 units at night vs the previous dosage of 50 units twice daily. My weight is down 6 lbs. I recently filled a prescription for a 90-day supply of Trulicity and did not have a co-pay. Overall, I am pleased."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Addendum to June 13th post: I AM SO HAPPY TO REPORT- My A1c is down from 9.1 in May to 7.2 as of today!!!! That's after 6- once weekly injections, smaller portion sizes, some weight loss, exercise and diligence on my part. I'm still taking the .75 dosage of Trulicity, a decreased dosage of Levemir at night; Novolog (as needed) prior to meals. I'm hoping to have the insulins discontinued at some point. No issues with nausea or diarrhea. My belly is tender or aches at times, but not painful. I still experience occasional low blood sugars that require I keep a snack on hand. I plan to mention these symptoms to my Endo. tomorrow. My fasting blood sugars run <130; 2-hour blood sugars (post meals) <150. Overall, I'm pleased."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity for 3 weeks and I love it. My blood fasting readings have dropped from an average of 205 to an average of 147. With my Tufts insurance, 4 pens had a co-pay of $30.I have had no side effects at all."

TonyBLowell June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this injection for 6 weeks now.... the first injection I did in my thigh and it hurt like hell, the following injections I did in my tummy and didn't feel a thing. I have had an upset tummy, but nothing that I can't put up with, as the benefits have outweighed that. I have a real food addiction and I have lost interest in food and have to make myself eat, so my blood doesn't go too low. My sugar has dramatically improved, I have more energy, I have lost weight, and suddenly I have motivation back. I would recommend the medication, but it seems it depends on the reaction to your own body if people can use it or not."

Jess1972 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity for 15 months now and am very happy with the results (1.5), but don't like the side effects. For the first 2 months, I was sick for 1 or 2 days after each injection, with vomiting and diarrhea. But after that, I only had the nausea and vomiting once every month or two. I do still have loose bowel movements fairly often. I have neuropathy in my feet and hands so I am very happy with my lower a1c (last one was 4.6). My endo has lowered my preprandial humalog and levemir to keep my blood sugar up around 90 to 100. I was having lots of sub-50 blood sugars."

williep (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "September 2016 I tried the higher dose but could not tolerate it. Recently my doctor had me try the lower dose. I was able to tolerate it and then titrate to the higher dose. Initially the nausea and indigestion were significant but I waited it out and it got better. I lost 8 pounds the first month. Had I not started on the lower dose there is no possible way I could have used the medication. My sugars average 112 over the past month and those are not even fasting. I really like the medication. It's a matter of just toughing it out."

Steftx2001 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity for four months and could not be happier. My A1c has dropped from 8.1 to 6.0 and I have lost 16 pounds. My first couple of shots made me fell a little blah the day of the shot but passed by the next day. Other than that and a curb in appetite I have had no other side effects."

asprince June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I wanted to learn about side effects and effectiveness. I appreciate the posts. My experience: I am only on day 3, first shot on Sunday. I have been extremely tired, unable to sleep more than an hour at a time. I toss and turn at night. I can't hardly eat, which is good, as I tend to overeat, or eat when I am not even hungry. My Dr. told me to not eat sugar, rice, bread, potatoes, etc. I haven't, so I have had none of the side effects of loose bowels or vomiting, however, I am only on day 3. I have to make myself eat. I feel nauseous most of the time. I tried to choke down eggs this morning with little luck. I am hoping to get down 30+lbs so I don't have to be on insulin as my a1c is borderline."

somewhereinOK (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The day after my first injection, I was so exhausted that I slept the entire day. Two days after injection, I vomited all day. I'm currently on day 3 with extreme nausea and diarrhea. I will not do this again! This is horrible!"

AmyM123 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I think Trulicity may have been responsible for my husband's death. He died within 3 months of his first use of this product. Became sick the very first day of his first injection."

Tkwhite4 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On week 6. Doing well, was pressing to hard and injections hurt but figured it out. Find I have a bit of stomach ache after injection but 1 Gin-Gin ginger candy and it's fine. Also found I can't eat anything with tomato sauce until a few days later or my stomach hurts."

Gabryyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My first 2 weeks were awful! Nausea, constipation, extreme stomach ache, loss of appetite and a muscle spasms on my trapezoid, missed a few days of work and one emergency room visit for the muscle spasm. The third week was a whole lot better, and now I'm 2 months in have lost 30 lbs! Little to no side effects, and feel great! blood sugar numbers are no higher than 98 and they stay stable pretty much all day"

DR. LUVA June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity for 10 weeks. The first month I lost 13lb but nothing more. I still get a headache the day after the shot and a little upset stomach. Still helps my cravings a lot. Just wondering if aggravation, is a sign. Just statred doing this about 2 weeks ago.. my sugar has dropped low to where I start to shake and feel sick to my stomach. I feel like it has helped."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Addendum to May 31st post: I'm still taking Trulicity .75 mg/.5 mL dosage, approaching week 5. My blood sugars continue to improve; fasting blood sugars 110-130; 2-hour post meal blood sugars <160. I've noticed that I have to carry a snack with me at all times because I've had several low blood sugars ranging 65-80 without symptoms. I continue to decrease my dosage of Levemir and at times I do not take Novolog. Overall, I am pleased with this medication. My appetite has decreased. I've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks along with exercise and smaller portion sizes. No diarrhea or stomach upset. I do have a mild headache almost daily. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. I'm sure my Doctor will be pleased with my next A1c."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a Pre Diabetic and overweight and was prescribed this to help lose some wieght. In my opinion this drug is horrible. Took my 1st and ONLY injection Thursday come Friday night I could barely move. My stomach and sides were so sore. Saturday I slept all day had low grade fever, severe stomach pains, nausea, loss of appetite, headache. Sunday I went to ER because I got worse and couldn't take the stomach pain. Dr said it was a reaction from this drug. He gave me fluids due to dehydration from explosive diarrhea and morphine for severe pain. Today I left work early because not only am I having horrible diarrhea I am vomiting like crazy. Low grade fever again. I feel so sick. I would not recommend this medication at all. Of course your going to drop weight from vomiting n diarrhea."

Rebecca1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was so excited about taking trulicity because a friend of mine has been taking it and has lost 70 lbs and has been taken off insulin. When I got home from the doctor with my four week samples I sat down and took my first dose then about 8 hrs laters I'm on the toilet puking my guts out. I broke out in a cold clammy sweat... cold water was actually pouring off my face but even though I was cold and clammy, my skin felt like it was being burned by a blow torch. The literature says that nausea will subside after a couple of weeks but you couldn't pay me to take it again. I sure hope others don't have this experience because it seems to work...good luck to all"

Esrh1967 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on my 6th week with Trulicity .75 and Janumet 50/1000. My numbers have vastly improved. I had been on the Janumet alone for a while but that made me have some terrible stomach issues. I had asked the doctor if I could discontinue the Janumet, but because my A1C was 12, she said not yet. The last 2 weeks though, and especially this last week, the stomach issues have returned and seem to have worsened. I will discuss this with my doctor but was wondering if anyone else has had this or a similar experience."

Trulicity/Janumet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've taken 4 shots of this med and it's a wonder drug to me. My fasting sugars used to be 140-200 now numbers are 85-120. I've had zero issues with this med I also take invokana I'm very pleased"

Teresa72 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been DM Type 2 for 15 years and in the last 2 years taking Levemir, Novolog and Janumet. My last A1c was 9.1. I started having abdominal upset and diarrhea from the Metformin in the Janumet, so my Doctor took me off of Janumet He started me on once weekly Trulicity (.75 mg) 2 weeks ago. Already I've seen significant changes in my blood sugars: 110-140 (fasting) and 85-170 (post meals). As a result, I'm taking 1/2 the dosage of Levemir and less Novolog prior to meals. I'm hoping to come off insulin. After starting Trulicity, I had some upper abdominal soreness and stomach cramping, but those symptoms have improved. I have NOT had any diarrhea or nausea. My appetite has decreased because I feel full all the time. So far so good!"

deren-Oh May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I initially started the higher dose September 2016 but couldn't handle the side effects, such as nausea and indigestion. I went for my yearly with my pcp and she started me on the lower dose. It's almost the end of week one and I feel much better than I did on the higher dose. By day 3 I was a little tired and my appetite was really decreased. The nausea is tolerable. I've lost 3 lbs over the past week. My sugars are much better. I suggest that if you can't tolerate the higher dose definitely try the lower one. I also take Metformin ER 1000mg twice a day. My A1C was 6.2% before adding the Trulicity."

Steftx2001 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Initial use info and review. Little dizzy and nausea the first day. So far, blood sugar readings are dropping. Was around 107-117. Now at 83. A1C is at 6.7. Looking forward to dropping THAT number. Next A1C read is in mid July. No other adverse affects so far. (This "Anti-Spam" verification is ridiculous)"

MWatkins228 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017