User Reviews for Trulicity

Learn more about Trulicity.

Diabetes, Type 2 248 reviews 140 medications

Summary of Trulicity reviews 248 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Trulicity

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity 0.75 for a little over a year. I seem to be nauseated and have headaches each week on the day after. When I first started taking Trulicity it was more like 3-4 days of feeling sick, with horrible headaches. My A1C went from 13 to an 8, (also taking Tresebia daily) and haven't noticed any side affects, with the exception that when I would take both shots first thing I the morning (on opposite side). I find that when taking both of these medications I take Tresebia first thing in the morning everyday, and Trulicity around noon (once per wk.) making sure to shoot them on opposite sides, this has so far helped with the nausea and headaches. Also sipping on lemon water with crushed ice. Hope this helps."

Ranelson71 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started Trulicity on yesterday around 8am by noon I was feeling a little nauseous. I slept on and off all day. Today I'm not as queezie I ate two boiled eggs for breakfast so I could take my metformin I've had two bananas and a half of a peanut butter n jelly sandwich. For dinner I cooked green beans fish and rice I fixed a small portion and could barely get it down. It has really suppressed my appetite. It's weird how I can think of certain foods and feel sick. I'll keep you posted from week to week."

Nikeba May 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On week 2 I have bad cramps, very constipated, nausea and horrible burping, my sugar is down but idk how long I can hang in."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have lost 34 pounds over the past six months with not a lot with not a lot of effort - this drug is made a big difference in my life. My appetite has decreased which is amazing to me."

Debbie Decker (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hey guys me again. I am almost at the end of week of week 5. My numbers are fantastic, no stomach pain now (thank goodness), the diarrhea seven to eight times a day has finally eased off, still loose but I can deal with that because before Trulicity I was very constipated all the time. No nausea or upset stomach. I think I will stick with this medicine. I have truly given it a chance. I have noticed the reviews on here and a lot of people stopped after the first dose. If you will keep hanging in there the symptoms will subside. The only thing that I still have hanging on is the horrible gas and belching (yuck) Oh and I have still not lost any pounds while taking this. Time to start the eplictical...Good Luck, I'm loving it!!!"

Debbie K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on trulicity for about 6-7 weeks. It has been like a miracle drug for my 30 years of type 2 diabetes. My aic went from 8.8 to 6.9 almost overnight. I guess this is why I seem to get full so easy. I wish I could have an occasional bout of diarrhea because I suffer from constipation so badly. Other than the feeling like something like a brick is in my stomach it's been wonderful and to be honest I have had a full feeling in my stomach for a long time it's just that now it's a little more intense. I say try it."

She' (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my first trulicity shot this week by the second day I felt horrible severe stomach pains fever loss of appetite cramps cold belching acid reflux I can't imagine a medication can make you feel so terrible I will not recommend trulicity"

Anniesez May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this 4wks ago. I have lost weight and sugars are down. The side effects are awful and almost unbearable. I hate it. I called the doctor and told her I have indigestion from hell gas, stomach bloating, explosive diaharra, nausea. She said to hang in there it will get better. I took the last shot today and already feeling the side effects. I want to know why the hell a company would make medicine like this. I will never take this again. Very displeased"

Anonymous May 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Thus far, Trulicity has worked for me to get my blood sugars under control. Changing my eating habits, I can tell that I have lost some weight while using Trulicity. Others can tell as well. I know of three other patients who have requested from their physician Trulicity as a result of me talking with them about Trulicity."

Anonymous May 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on my twelfth day of Truicity. Mild headaches, curbed appetite, little stomach cramps is the most symptoms I have had. Sugar levels are good."

Jag55 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine is the best!. I'm type 2 diabetic - Side effects: some light nausea for a couple of days only. My sugar levels were out of control ranged from 250 to 450 before Trulicity 1.5- I found this forum looking into the feedback of Trulicity users and I was terrified of the side effects users had and posted in here - Regardless my concerns I decided to go for it. This is my 3rd week and my sugar levels are like never where before ranging from 110 to 140 (after meal) - No side effects, the hunger is gone as well as less of an appetite. I loss 12 pounds in almost 3 weeks. I have not had any hypoglycemic events. I'm very happy to finally get my levels in control-"

FLBeach May 4, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 60 year old female who also takes Lantus and Metformin. I started the 1.5 dose of Trulicity about a month ago. I had mild gastrointestinal symptoms at first: flatulence, heartburn and burps that smell like sulpur. About 10 days ago the side effects got much worse: abdominal cramping, explosive diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. I had to call in sick to work twice in the last week. Sometimes I feel better, but then the symptoms hit out of nowhere. I have absolutely NO appetite and have to force myself to eat. Feels like food poisoning. This morning I had to go to the ER. They did tests and the doc said it was due to the Trulicity and I should stop taking it. I used to be on Victoza, which worked fine, but ins. co. won't pay for"

berndsgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Never used it, try to activate saving card online, near to impossible, call customer service number, nasty representative, and after an hour of trying to activate it card was expired, funny thing card was dated to expire 6 months later, hahahah what a joke."

Alcasa May 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "A week ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Due to the increase of my A1c my endo discussed several options for my diabetes. We both decided that Trulicity would be a good try along with an increased dose of Metformin. Was on 1500mg of metformin a day for polycystic ovarian disease. Currently on 2000mg a day plus the once a week Trulicity injection. The day I started the shot I had an A1c of 8.6 and a glucose reading of 232. Since then and I am through my first week I have not had a glucose reading above 151. I have noticed quite a decrease in appetite and I have no desire to snack. I am colder than I used to be and there has been some mild diahrrea but I can deal with that over the high sugar readings."

Diabeticnewb (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My mum started on Trulicity in November. She felt nauseous almost from day one, bloated, tender stomach, diarrhoea, gassy. In mid February she went into A&E, then into intensive care with severe dehydration. On March 6th, after 4 days back home, she died from acute pancreatitis. I only found out cause of death today but already believed Trulicity to be the underlying cause."

Carrie1975 May 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been a Type II for decades, A1C is 11, blood sugars easily go over 500 the older I get. 200 is a good day. Been on Trulicity a month, and have missed special occasions due to entire days of diarrhea. About the time it settles, it's time for another shot. I don't know how anyone could take this and go to work. Forget any activity away from a bathroom. Exhausted, drained, and yes, I've lost 20 pounds but feel awful and lightheaded. I thought I had gone into Ketosis. Worst of all, I'm waking up with sugars of 400. No miracles here except the weight loss, which tells me it's really exlax in disguise. Very disappointed. The only thing that works for me is the gym."

JeannieCat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I begin this 3 weeks ago. I'm a Fibromyalgia patient and we suffer of what is called, fybro fog (we forget a lot of stuff), so I forget to eat and also with this medication I don't feel hungry, so I have to put alarms in my phone because we Diabetics "HAVE" to eat. Other than that, this is perfect. I lost 8 pounds already and my sugars are 75, 87, 96 in the mornings before breakfast. Hope I can get to my ideal weight and healthy. Happy life to you all!"

AdelaidE Crescioni (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I switched from Victoza to Trulicity because of nausea. But, when I stopped the victoza, I realized that nausea was the least of my side effects. I had been having pain in my hands and wrists so bad that I was sent for testing to see if I had carpal tunnel or neuropathy. My hands stayed so cold that I was wearing compression gloves all day at work. When I stopped the victoza, the pain stopped completely . Now I am on Trulicity and am having horrible muscle pain in my shoulder, arm and down to my left hand . I have spent a fortune on chiropractic care and massage therapy. I am at a loss on what to do ."

Tinajohnson10211966 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Follow up to my comment on March 4, 2017. I have experienced very little as far as prolonged side-effects. I had my first follow-up with my endocrinologist yesterday; since she put me on Trulicity. My results to date: Blood glucose levels- down Heart rate - normal Blood pressure - perfect Daily Insulin use - way down Money spent on eating- way down WEIGHT - MINUS 30 lbs !!!!!! 2/14/17 weighed 298 4/20/17 weighed 268 Doctor said she had never seen such dramatic weight loss from Trulicity, but she was happy and impressed! Only side effect I have are cold hands and feet (which is rare) but I'll take it!!!! Trulicity is EXACTLY what I needed."

Pharmcop1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Trulicity since January. After taking Metformin for 10 years, along with Januvia the last year, I was having less success controlling my numbers. For the last year I was on Metformin, prescribed by a different provider, I suffered from diarrhea several times a day when she increased it to 1000mg BID and my glucose was not controlled. My current Endocrinologist changed my medications to Glipizide and Trulicity. I had minimal nausea for a couple of days with my first dose of Trulicity. That has been my only side effect. My glucose was under control within one week. Down from over 200 to within normal limits (70-110). After 90 days my a1c was down to 6.8 from 9.1. All of my other labs were normal. I am happy."

Janice2017 April 21, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Unfortunately after 3 doses I had to stop this medication. Initially I did experience nausea but I could deal with that, it was into the third week I started to experience severe stomach pain and I was so ill with real vomiting, cold sweats, shakes etc. The pain would not go so doctor had to be consulted and apparently because Trulicity slows the metabolism my stomach wasn't emptying properly and causing all the problems. The pain was so severe at one point I really thought I had a serious condition!!!"

Goldengirl 55 April 19, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Well, I am 24 hrs into the shot and so far (knock on wood) the only side effect is headaches (which I never have) but I can deal with that. My morning blood reading would normally be about 169 and I got up this morning and it was 75. Just wondering how many days into it that the side effects (nausea & vomiting) started with people that did experience these effects? Will keep you posted after the week is up....."

Debbie K. April 18, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After reading many reviews, I fully expected to be nauseated. Checked my work schedule to see when best time was to call in sick so I'd know when to start. Bought Gravel too. Took my first shot last week. Side effects: NONE. Good effects: sugars are rapidly falling. I'm shocked. But very happy. Worth a try."

TrulicityAmazed April 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Trulicity for the last 8 weeks and apart from the odd light stomach cramp and less frequent but a little more severe headache I haven't had any of the side effects that other people have mentioned. I have noticed a decrease in appetite and as such my portions have reduced although I am now eating regularly where I wasn't before. My sugar levels at some stage were around the 14-15 range (130+) but since taking this my morning levels before breakfast are between 9 and 11 (75-97) and my before evening meal levels are between 5.3 and 8 (34-64) depending upon what I have eaten during the day. In the last week I have started a low carb higher fat diet which is where the lower readings have come from. On 0.75 at present."

mrshedgehog (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started w/ Victoza but I switched to Trulicity in Feb & WOW it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've lost 25 pounds including exercise & no snacking on junk food, no fried food or red meat. This med really curbs your appetite. Works great for me! I pray it works for whomever is reading this good luck..."

Trulicity Gal.... April 12, 2017