User Reviews for Trulicity

Trulicity Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 171 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Trulicity to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Took this med for 6 weeks. Dropped 4 pounds and lowered appetite. Drastically increased migraines; had to file intermittent FMLA (The Family and Medical Leave Act form) for work so I didn’t get fired. Got severely constipated then weekly severe cramping/diarrhea to finally move bowels. This also increased anxiety and depression. This med was stopped and changed to Victoza. Still suffering the migraine after effects until it is completely out of my system. Injection is super painful (like a 4 second bee sting). Had to work myself up to administering it weekly. Have more energy now that I’m off med. Anxiety and depression back to normal. Been off now for 1 week 5 days."

SW from OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

"This drug is provided free to me via British NHS. As well as diabetes I have heart disease I injected myself once I must admit that it did lower my blood sugar. However it made me totally depressed, my blood pressure increased from 128 to 190 extremely tired all the time l believe that if I had continued to take it, it would have finished me off I would strongly advise you to stay well away from this poison"

Zoom (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

"This caused gastroparesis after taking this drug for a year"

Kris (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2018

"So been type 2 Dietetic for 27 years on insulin for 18 yrs and have other health issues also. I need to take long and short lasting insulin also have a underactive thyroid which I take synthriod for so I wish I did my research myself before taking Trulicity. BTW I have taken 4 shots, so I was nauseated from day 1 also feel tired after sleeping 10 hours and lethargic all day long. I can see why people lose weight because I have no appetite and if I eat anything with any fat or carbs I am in the bathroom with diarrhea ~ there are more articles on why not to take this than why to use it. I was trusting my Dr that this was a good option for me to try. At this point I am hoping that the drug gets out of my system soon so I can go back to my exercise program and diet and get my sugars under control. My sugar is not controlled using this shot - it might work for 30% of the people but not for the 70% like me that happen to be on any of the 1000 drugs or supplements that it interacts with it."

Alice June 16, 2018

"I've been taking Trulicity since soon after it came out. My A1C dropped substantially, I've had no side effects, have lost weight and it has seriously limited my appetite. The pen is extremely easy to use and sometimes feel a little pinch...otherwise no pain from the injection. Contrary to many of these posts, I've had no problems and love this med. Now my insurance has changed and the copay for 3 months is almost $1000. Bydureon would be much less expensive but after reading the reviews, I'd really like to stay on Trulicity."

sunny in colorado (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2018

"Had some nausea which subsided quickly. Had decreased appetite and felt full quickly when eating. Have had constant burping that smells like sulphur or rotten eggs. It’s just awful. I am not going to take this anymore. I hope there are no side effects for abruptly stopping this med."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

"I have been using Trulicity for 6 months now, A1C lower and finally learning how to adjust my diet. Small portions, and nothing fried, limiting high fiber foods. Especially 36-48 hours after dosing."

Meems (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

"I unfortunately developed thyroid cysts, my a1c is still elevated after about 6 months on trulicity. I liked the idea of once weekly for compliance."

Equal185 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2018

"I absolutely HATE trulicity, it is a good drug to lower a1c but wow the side effects. I've had diarrhea, stomach grumbles, having to STAY near a bathroom at all times. Where I live all doctors are connected to NOVANT which the Dr tells me to take immodium and it will go away I tried that it didn't work. Then dr says literally "OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT". If I could change Dr I would but that would include me moving from North Carolina all together. I've complained several times, they must be getting money for putting me threw all this rubbish."

jweaarew25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

"I started Trulicity a week and a half ago. Side effects were a few minor headaches, one migraine-which may not be related as I've had them in the past. Heartburn on the second day. One low blood sugar event 24 hours after shot, Some burping. Feeling of nausea which only lasts for about a minute but could be a few times a day. Less appetite - lost 3lbs. General malaise after eating for an hour of so. BUT it is getting better, symptoms reducing. Blood sugar readings excellent. 87 after work. 130 after meals. (sensible meals) 90-100 in the AM. Pretty impressed."

Stu (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

"After 4 weeks of using it, I haven't lost any weight. I feel extremely tired, and I will ask to blood analysis because I have felt terrible . This is not for me."

Marna May 15, 2018

"The worst drug for anybody. I am still sick after 4 months. Hurt my Kidney and what ever you do don't eat pasta or you will poop on yourself and the pain is unbelievable. The worst experience I have ever had in my life. I would rate this a zero and it caused cancer in mice and they still approved this drug. Pharmaceutical drugs are about Money and greed and people are passing away daily from this drug."

Poopie Pants May 15, 2018

"I am on my third week of Trulicity and I have to say I’m glad I didn’t take these reviews too seriously in doing my research. The first week was awful...constant nausea to the point I had to get the doctor to call in that drug they give pregnant women for morning sickness. It really helped me push through. My appetite is about half of what it was. I have struggled with binge eating for years and this is the first thing that has helped me. It’s like if flipped a switch and I get no cravings and have much better self discipline. I haven’t been back to check my A1C at the doctor but there is no way this isn’t helping. If your eating is a cravings/mental thing I say give it a shot. Definitely worth that first week of misery if it is going to change a lifetime of bad habits."

Whitney H (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

"Trulicty has worked well for me . I’ve lost 48 pounds and my A1C only dropped .2 but that was my fault. I didn’t change my diet all that much. Positive things .... I didn’t get any of the side effects the first year. I did however notice that after I dropped the weight and picked up more exercise the side effects have started .... but they aren’t unbearable. From reading it certainly doesn’t help everyone , but I’m one of the few it does help."

Not too bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2018

"Started on Trulicity 0.75 three months ago for one month, then upped to 1.5. Started out with a little nausea but nothing horrific. Now, almost 3 months later, I feel like garbage every day. Belching and hiccups are awful. Constipated and nauseous and some days actually vomiting. My ribs hurt terribly from all the retching. Am afraid to eat anything for fear it will just make me sick. Am afraid to go anywhere because the urge to throw up comes on so fast. As of today (Saturday), I refuse to take it any more. Will see my doc on Monday to replace it with something else."

Bibi (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

"My fasting blood sugar was 199 on metformin so I started Trulicity 5 weeks ago and my sugars have come down some but still 166 fasting. Is it worth all the side effects that I am now experiencing, I am not sure. The gas pains in my stomach is horrible and I developed headaches and went to the doctor and my blood pressure has sky rocketed to 200/110. I am now on a third blood pressure medication. My legs are aching and I have heartburn everyday. Have not lost any weight."

Shelby (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

"I started taking this drug a couple months ago. At first it wasn’t too bad-a little nausea and decreased appetite. The more I took it, the worse the symptoms became. Severe vomiting, diarrhea and cramping, weakness and fatigue. At first I thought it was just a virus but it happened every time I took the drug. The vomiting and diarrhea have been so severe lately that I have had to miss work because of it. I will never take this drug again!"

RN FROM OHIO April 26, 2018

"I am borderline diabetic. I didn't know that Trulicity needed to be refrigerated which the manufacturer should print in bold letters on box. Anyhow, after calling pharmacist, he told me it was okay to take. I didn't feel any side effects until the second day. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep and then the rest of the day felt lethargic. Next few days, I felt queasy and no appetite. Seems like the symptoms come in the morning. I experienced gas pain that felt like I'd been kicked in my stomach. Today is day five, and I feel like I have the flu with mild fever (body aches, headache etc). I am still queasy and , I don't want to eat except saltine crackers. I am disappointed because I spent money on this and I have three more injections which I am not going to take. I can understand maybe a day or even two for side effects, but not all week. How is one supposed to function and go to work?"

beezus (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

"I’m type 2 diabetic started 0,75 trulicity January 2018 haven’t had any side effects maybe little weight loss."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

"Only slight nausea with the first dose. Second dose I took incorrectly and had to use an extra pen from my prescription which isn't good. Blood sugars are much better. Appetite has definitely decreased and I have stayed away from heavy or high carb meals to avoid any side effects. So far, so good."

DKH April 25, 2018

"This drug is helping me control my blood sugars and allows me to reduce the amount of long lasting insulin I have to inject daily and I have totally stopped using fast acting insulin all together. However, there are side effects with using this medicine. First the injection itself is an aggressive and painful shot. Thankfully it's only once a week. If I had to do it daily or multiple times a day I could not continue as I have such anxiety when administering the shot. This could use some major improvement by the manufacture. Second side effect I have on this medicine is that I have acid reflux or GERD symptoms where I have never had them before. Overall, my A1C numbers are looking better than they have in a decade, the first quarter on the .075 mg dose was at 6.9 and my second quarter numbers on the 1.5 mg dose just returned with a 5.9. Woohoo! Offer the drug in a vial that I can inject the medicine myself as I know I would be so much more gentle with the actual injection."

Tammy S April 25, 2018

"This stuff is toxic, practically nonstop diarrhea. Severe nausea, vomiting. Would have rated this a big zero if available."

Poopypants2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

"I started on Trulicity 1.5 with horrible side effects for 3 months. I have been on 0.75 now for 6 months and still have stomach cramps and some off days, have lost nearly 20 lbs and am not overweight. My thyroid readings have been out of range since taking this drug, cannot get a response from Eli-Lilly or Trulicity regarding this change. My Doctor thinks my thyroid med isn't working, funny it's worked for 7 years with no issues until now! Not sure what I will do yet. It would be nice if the company cared to respond like they said they would!"

Donna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

"I had bad indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain and nausea I really tried to stick it out because I was losing weight but I was miserable-I managed to use it for seven weeks and had to stop! My insurance covered it so that part was good!"

Kgoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

"My sister is a type 2 diabetic. She is currently on 2,000 mg of Metformin. I took her to the Dr. a few weeks ago and her Dr. scolded her on carbs after looking at her 4 day food journal. She was then put on Trulicity. She was given her first shot in the Dr.'s office. I am sorry that I did not question as to why she was put on Tulicity, everything was so fast. Her A1C was 5.6. A week later she took her second shot. I started researching and found this forum, with all of it's side affects. THANK YOU to all that has posted! I marched her back to the Dr's office to find out why she had to be put on this deadly drug. She told us it was for weight loss which made me even more upset. Sure, sounds like it is a great weight loss aide when all you do is throw up and have diarrhea. No Thank You, she will find a healthy way to lose weight!"

Dinah (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018