User Reviews for Trulicity

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Trulicity.

Trulicity Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Trulicity to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"It was hard to get used to at first the nausea was so bad the first 3 days after being putting on it. Now I've been taking it for about 9 months now and I've dropped about 40 pounds. My sugars have never been better. I still have nausea here and there or when I eat greasy food but other than that I really like it."

Dorysmar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2018

"Pen malfunctioned 4 days ago. I never heard the 2nd click when the needle retracts, after leaving it in my leg for a full minute I took it out and the needle never had retracted. Thus, I had no idea if I got the med or not, or part of it, or none of it. It's been 4 days and my blood sugars are much higher than had I gotten the full dose. I usually run highs of 140 on trulicity and this week they have been highs of 280. I'm upset with Eli Lilly the manufacturer for not having better safe guards against this sort of issue. This is scary and should not happen...Eli Lilly yippy need better quality assurance standards!"

Krismariek January 15, 2018

"The risk is far more greater than, benefit. Their are no cures. Better off with the regular insulin , and managed eating. We all are fooled and baffled over marketing. Commons sense, tells us no. Drug company put twist on common sense and how their drugs work (CEO of a drug company wouldn’t use trulicity). It is only profit they want. Don't forget they took regulations and protection agency away for corporations for profit. Don’t buy what you see on tv. "

Keane55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

"I have been on Trulicity for 4 years now. Never had any side effects. I was first put on Metformin with little results. A new doctor came in and said to try Jardiance once a day and to use Trulicity once a week. Great results!! I can even cheat some. Love it!"

Cacspears123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2018

"I have tried many meds for blood sugar. My A1C was averaging 13 and after taking trulicity on my first 3 month check up my A1C dropped to 6.4. The only side effect I have had is a mild upper body rash. I have gained a little weight but just need to get out more. My appetite is good and no tummy problems. I have been on it now for 5 months and cant wait to go to my next check up."

bailey2371 January 4, 2018

"I started the medicine two weeks ago and the diarrhea is so severe it caused internal pain, swelling and whatever else I can’t see with the visual eye in my rectal area. Sometimes I can’t walk or sit and it’s painful even I’m laying down. This drug needs to come off the market. Many of the reviews are the same or worse than mine. If you’re undecided on rather to try or continue this medication, take it from ALL these reviews DON'T!"

QRMRB (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

"Might as well inject water. I know I was getting medicine because of sting as it was injected but blood sugar readings went up instead of down. After 3 months I was experiencing vision problems and diabetic neuropathy in my legs. I went back to my previous medicine and saw immediate improvement. I see the doc tomorrow but don't see Trulicity in my future. Side effects were initially a bit challenging but reduced over time. Lost from 177 to 172 over three months. I'm not overweight."

Burgiej December 27, 2017

"I started this a week ago and have been so sick . The nausea is the worst but also have had flatulence, belching and some diarrhea . I also keep breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm due another dose tomorrow and I'm a little scared to take it ."

Cyndi58 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2017

"Please don't take the side effects lightly if you experience them. I took two doses (two weeks) and experienced some stomach issues the first week. The second week started as the same kind of stomach pain, but it was more than just the nausea. The medication was causing problems with my pancreas and I ended up being hospitalized."

Gchicklet (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

"Awful heartburn, belching, headaches, nausea, and absolutely no appetite, lost over 7lbs in 4 weeks, could not afford to lose weight. Worst medication I have ever been on. Only good thing about it was it did bring down my blood sugar levels."

Gerry 73 December 14, 2017

"I began Trulicity 4 weeks ago. The first week anything I ate with too much fat sent me immediately to the bathroom. After a week, that side effect went away. I started with the .75mg for two weeks. The last two weeks I am now injecting the 1.5mg dose. Two days after injecting I have had an episode of low blood sugar, the sweats and very tired. It only lasts a day and I feel much better with no real side effects after that second day. My readings are improving. I also don't have a lot of cravings and I notice I do eat less."

Jingle Bells December 14, 2017

"My mothers doctor prescribed this to her. She told him after taking it, it made her feel funny and she didn't like it. He told her her body has to get used to the new meds. The next week she took the prescribed dosage, she felt dizzy, started seizing, and went into cardiac arrest. She passed away within an hour of taking that drug."

Kita2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

"The first day after the shot, I felt lethargic and so very tired. The loss of appetite is the first thing that is apparent. I am having bowel issues, but I consider the trade off worth it. My sugar was 232 and is now between 92-158 depending on what I had for dinner the night before. Rice seems to make things bad. I have been on Trulicity for a month now and with the help of a calorie counter (Myfitnesspal) I have lost 20 lbs and feel so much better. I did develop a bit of inflammation in the third week, but it didn't last long, and who is to say it was related to Trulicity. Overall, its really keeping my appetite at bay, which was unheard of before. I love this drug."

CCperez December 11, 2017

"MD says first time A1c is 7.3. Rx Trulicity lowers dose on second week. So far, so good. This is working well...for me. First couple of days had minor sweats and shakiness near meal time or break time, but I just had to eat and it went away. Lost few lbs, that’s good! I don’t think I lose my appetite because my desire to eat still there. I feel the hunger as usual but I can control the portion without feeling the cravings to eat more carbs. And when I eat it is more salads, fruits, vegs and protein with small amount of carbs, it’s still satisfying. Unlike before, I was craving for carbs. Morning fasting glucose check so in range, and my skin too looks so much better and healthier."

Taking control (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

"This is week 3 of me taking Trulicity, it started off okay finally seeing blood sugar under 200. Loss of appetite lost a few lbs BUT then came the headaches, orange urine, bad stomach cramps and now my foot has been swollen for a week. I went to the ER they said I was fine could be side effects of the Trulicity and told me to check with my doctor. I was on januvia, glipizide and never these kind of side effects. Metformin makes me so sick. I'm going to my doctor today to prescribe something else as I can't deal with the Trulicity."

Jaylamom365 December 8, 2017

"I tried to get through the awful side effects but am throwing in towel after a month. Horrible abdomen pain, gas, nausea are just too much. I don’t tolerate metformin well also. Will try Junuvia next."

Matt1974 December 6, 2017

"Started on Trulicity .75 for first 2 weeks and then up to 1.5 every week. I was taking Metformin 500 mg twice a day at the same time. I had been previously using Victoza and Metformin. Insurance company forced a switch to Trulicity because they would no longer approve Victoza or Saxenda. No real change in my blood sugar levels. I was consistently between 100-140 on any of these drugs. Big problem with Trulicity is suddenly, I had erectile dysfunction. I did not have this side effect with Victoza or Saxenda used in conjuction with Metformin. I am 60 years old and extremely physically active. I exercise 6 days a week. I lost 45 lbs through diet, exercise, and Saxenda/Victoza. Had no problem with ED prior to switch to Trulicity."

mda185 December 4, 2017

"been on this med for 5 years now since I participated in the drug trial. a1c has been normal and glucose levels are normal."

email4spam (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2017

"Started taking trulicity 8 weeks ago . Starting out there was a few side affects such as no appetite for food , pain in my back between my shoulder blades , gas , GERD out of this world and could not use the bathroom . I’ve been told trulicity slows down the digestion of your food . After 8 weeks I am having muscle spasms due to indigestion and all the other things associated with trulicity affecting my digestive system . In other words I eat for days and never go to bathroom . Food won’t move for days stuck inside of me !! Now that doesn’t sound healthy . My muscle spasms are so severe I have had to stop taking it . I hope this all goes away and hasn’t affected my pancreas , liver or digestive system . Going back to glipizide and metformin ."

Gtownboy November 25, 2017

"Well I visited my Doctor for regular yearly medical check up. Upon reading my last blood test my A1C was 7.6 which she was scared for me was high. She ask me if want to try this new medication Trulicity. I said why not, side effect diarrhea but lost weight in four weeks from 308lb to 297lbs. And A1C from 7.6 to 6.2. And having a good ability to control what I eat, lets say I don't feel like eating everything I see. For me trulicity works. I started on 0 .75mg now on double dose 1.5 which is not bad for the price $25 a week. Still taking my metformin 850mg. First time after my weight gain I have in control of what i eat."

Emmy P. November 23, 2017

"Had severe diarrhea and vomiting. Can’t eat lose 17 lbs in 12 days. Very weak with severe abdominal pain. Was not told that the side effects could be this bad. Not able to get around the house to sick to eat. Confusion and now bouts of crying can take this medicine. I haven’t had an injection in over a week but still feel just as bad. Don’t know why they put this on the market. Feel like my body is destroyed on the inside"

Debbieg796 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

"I see from reviews that this had been bad for some and good for others. For myself it has been more good than bad. I started on .75 four weeks ago. I found a loss of appetite a little nausea, some burping and lost a few pounds. After a couple of weeks I think I adjusted to the medicine and had no side effects and appetite came back. I am now on 1.5 dose and am getting the same side effects as before. I have now lost 5 lbs. I also take 1000mg metformin twice a day and glipizide 20mg once a day. My blood sugars numbers have improved from average 240 -300 to about 110 to 200. My A1C went from 12.7 to 10.3 in four weeks and I am now waiting to go have it checked again in two weeks. This is the best results from any medicine I have taken."

A159 November 18, 2017

"week 1 shot low dose- GERD kicked in, not really hungry week 2 shot, GERD worse, burping sulfur all day, still not hungry, nausea, tired all the time week 3 shot maintenance dose- GERD all time horrible, sulfur burps, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pains, tired all the time, food is revolting week 4 shot - wish I was dead. All the above now at the extreme - plus now I'm vomiting, missed work because of it. I will not take it again. Will stick with metformin and start cinnamon again."

no way greta (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

"I was reading all the reviews on Trulicity and got a bit worried with all the getting sick, cancer, and the not working comments. I have been on Trulicity now for three weeks and have not felt any of the symptoms. I noticed I can not eat like I used to. I have to eat smaller meals because I get full fast. My sugar numbers have gotten low, they are at 91 to 117. My numbers have not been this low in a few years. The one thing I do have to do is constantly test my sugars because I get low readings. Lets see how I feel after taking Trulicity for a few months. I will keep you posted."

Working on Lowering A1C (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

"Let me start off by saying that I have been very non compliant with my diabetes medications for years. Metformin was a bad experience. Glipizide made me hungry all the time. Byderion injections was the most horrific experience I ever had, I had horrible gas and abdominal cramping. I gave up on all diabetic medications and accepted that I was just going to eventually die from it My a1c was always over 10. But a Dr put me on farxiga which is amazing. No side effects for me at all and only 1 x a day but my a1c still needed help so he put me on trulicity and surprisingly the only side effect has been random nausea especially after eating badly. So now I'm on trulicity farxiga and actos and so far so good! I'm actually looking forward to my next labs."

Anonymous November 11, 2017