User Reviews for Trulicity to treat Diabetes, Type 2 (Page 2)

Trulicity has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 720 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 37% of those users who reviewed Trulicity reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Trulicity Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Trulicity

McGarin January 28, 2019

“I am very concerned that this drug is doing more harm than good. Horrible, constantly churning stomach with a very bloated feeling if you remotely consume too much food. I guess it's designed to do that. The worst is the constant belching, a rancid, foul, sulphur taste that can fill a room with a stench. I belched in front of my girlfriend last night on accident (because sometimes it can't be helped) and she actually wondered if I had passed gas ... and yes, this is coming out of my mouth. Hard to sleep. A couple of nights this week I awoke with terrible stomach pain. I went to feel my belly and it was as hard as a rock. Passing inconsistent stools and feeling somewhat constipated at times. I thought medication was supposed to help a person feel BETTER, not worse. Sometimes I feel doctors just pass out whatever the drug reps are pushing and do not educate you very well about the drug or side effects. I had asked and he simply said "mostly a little nausea." It's more than that.”

computerlcs · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2020

“Started the Trulicity medication over 2 years ago. Have had no appetite since. Now I have lost 105 lbs and look like a stick man. I kept telling Dr but he was not worried saying a1c looked great. I feel horrible all the time. My family is very worried about me. My Dr has left the practice and my new one is very concerned that it has gone this far. This drug really hard on my body. I feel week all the time, headaches NO appetite. I can eat a half of a burger and feel sick and unable to eat any more. I have a appointment with new Dr in a week. I hope he has a alternative as there will be nothing left of me within a couple more months. Do not take this drug. Oh my, I wish my other Dr would have listened to me before I got this bad. Went from 315 lbs to 187 lbs now. Enough is enough.”

Surfsounds · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2021

“Trulicity is price-fixed with no clarity of how insurance is applied. The Eli Lilly company is currently charging exorbitant amounts. Their patent won't expire for decades. Time to boycott this company for lying about their "$25" monthly cost. Right now they list a 4 dose, 1.5mg monthly supply at $953. A disgusting amount. Their coupon is not enough of a discount. Time to stop taking it. It has side effects anyway.”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“Dr. prescribed in the fall. Reading these reviews I was TERRIFIED. Dr. insisted that he had never had a patient with such experiences. Spoke with a friend who was on it. He reported a little nausea the first couple weeks but it subsided. So far I have experienced NO side effects other than a little gas. Very tolerable. Looking forward to seeing my labs next month.”

dawn loree · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2020

“I tried Trulicity for 4 months, the stomach upset and sulphur burps were the worst not to mention the stomach pain, nausea and increased my acid reflux. Had to take two Protonix and Prilosec a day and still had heartburn from this injection. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped Trulicity. I am doing much better but still have the burps that I never had before this injection. Depending on what I eat they turn into Sulfer burps. Dropped my A1C from 8.8 to 8.4 lost 8 lbs. But not worth the stomach issues.”

ragah · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

“I took Trulicity for 3 months and it helped me lose weight and lower my A1C. However, the side effects were just too much. I've been off it for 40 days now and I still have very bad side effects including upset stomach, the constant need to belch, throwing up, feeling very cold complete with the shakes, and sweating. I've read the effects last approx a month after discontinuing the drug, but it's been 40 days for me and I'm still feeling the negative effects. Be very careful if you start this drug and have an exit plan ready.”

Mimi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2019

“This is my second review. I have now been on Trulicity for 7 weeks with no side effects. My glucose numbers are holding steady at 110-120 compared to 450 when I first started. Still watching what I’m eating — no sugar and low carbs and lost 23 lbs!! Trulicity does keep me full so I’m eating a lot less. The day I inject I have tons of energy and I never felt as good as I do now in a long time. I’m just glad I’m one of the people that can take this medicine because it does work!!”

Cabo · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

“I took this drug for the 1st time on Monday. By Thursday I was having extreme vomiting and diarrhea, reflux and burps that smelled and tasted like poop. No way I will be taking this again. Calling the Dr. Asap.”

Cin · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2020

“Trulicity lowered my blood sugars by quite a bit but it also gave me severe muscle pains, a constant headache, and urinary retention. I tried it several times but finally had to give it up because I was so miserable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

“I started a month ago, my BSL was out of control and Forxiga was giving me nasty side effects. I have to admit it has been FANTASTIC, my BSL has never been that good and the side offers has been minimal. I experience constipation the day after I have my injection, I do have some occasional headache but that’s it. I am extremely thankful to have been prescribed Trulicity, so far it has only been a blessing. Before I stated I was very pessimist given the reviews about the side effects that unfortunately some people have experienced. I am 100% satisfy with this product and I guess each individual react differently as any other medication.”

Meltop · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

“I been taking Trulicity for a month now and I have had no bad side effects. I have lost 10 pounds, I and I seem to be tired all the time. My blood sugars have been good. My insurance only lets me pay $10. So far so good”

Hdc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 19, 2021

“I have been on the highest dose of trulicity for close to a year. I have lost weight because I don't have any appetite. I have been to the ER and 2 video visits with severe adverse symptoms. Nausea, vomiting and constipation. I now have to go to a GI doctor. The healthcare team has not so much as acknowledged my ailments are from the highest dose of this medication and these people suggest not to stop taking it. Yeah, ok. I'm done.”

Princess1979 · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

“I was on Trulicity for three weeks and what a horrible three weeks this has been. I have had diarrhea for the last three weeks and started vomiting as of Saturday December 12th and I called my Doctor up she took me off of Trulicity ASAP and now it's a waiting game for these awful side effects to go away. Eating little bits here and there and pushing in fluids but hard to keep down. I will never go back on Trulicity ever again.”

KarmenJ April 30, 2020

“I have been on this medication for about six weeks I just took my seventh week shot two days ago and I feel like I am dying. I am nauseated ,dizzy, weak, extreme diarrhea, and I have burning and numbness in my legs and feet. I was initially taking Victoza which I did very well on, but I lost my insurance and could not afford the hopper tags. So my doctor tried me on Trulicity And I honestly feeling so bad. I have a month worth of shots left but I am trying my best to get this medication out of my system. Talking to my doctor about something new. Praying for us all”

Lucinda1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2019

“If you want to feel like walking death, this monstrosity of a "medication" is for you! I have taken 1 dose of Trulicity, 2 days ago....never again. Sitting on the toilet with explosive diarrhea & projectile vomiting into the tub all night long, my body is killing me, my head is pounding, I'm beyond bloated, the sulphur burps are ridiculous & I feel like I'm getting stabbed in the stomach. It is the same exact thing I went through with Ozempic...don't ever take that stuff either.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

“This has been horrible. Started with .75 for two weeks, moved to 1.5 and the increase of mental and physical anguish has been overwhelming. Bloated, depressed, fatigued, cloudy, a weight fluctuation (216 yesterday, 209 today, and when I take the shot again my weight shoots back up)... oh and my sugars are not good. This has been a horrible and pointless experience.”

Pinkie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

“Wanted to share my review of Trulicity because my experience has been a positive one. I was so afraid to take this after all the bad reviews. I know that everyone's experience on a med is different, but I'm glad that I gave this a try. It's been 4 weeks now, and I have experienced little to no side effects. A bit of dizziness the first week was about all. After 1 month on Trulicity, my A1C has gone from 8.3 to 6.6. I had previously tried both Metformin and Metformin XR and could not tolerate the constant nausea and diarrhea. So far this med has worked will for me, I'm down 8 lbs after one month, and have more focus and energy. I'll continue on with the med, and will update if anything changes.”

Ellie · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

“This is worst medicine ever, and I’ve taken quite a few. I had to take Trulicity because my insurance won’t cover Victoza without a fight, and this is the second time I’m given low rated/poorly tolerated medication for this reason. Thanks Tricare. That same night, I had awful stomach cramping and diarrhea. Then the stomach pain was a little less severe but more persistent. I also suffered fatigue, constipation, bloating, sulphur burps, heartburn, nausea, dizziness, poor sleep, nightmares in addiction to the stomach pain. Once it was so bad, it woke me up! I had constipation switched with diarrhea and heartburn for almost 2 weeks and I stopped the medicine already. It stays in your system for DAYS and still messes with you. It’s awful.”

Anonymous February 20, 2020

“Injected myself for the first time on a Friday night. Feeling very pleased as my levels dropped to 7’s . Sunday arvo out n about with hubby. Started getting bad stomach pains. Just before getting into car I started projectile vomiting . It wouldn’t stop. Very embarrassed as this was on the footpath and road and ppl could see. Pain still very intense in my abdomen. Got home n still projectile vomiting. Doctor prescribed me medicine to stop the vomiting. That worked but the pain in my abdomen just intensified more. Had foul sulphur burping as well. Later that night was fully constipated but did finally manage to go . Thought yay finally no more pain. Wrong!!!! 5 minutes later explosive diarrhoea non stop . I’m still in intense pain, still got diarrhoea, haven’t been to work all week . Never ever ever have I felt such intense pain .Doctors daily n still no relief. WORST medication ever!!!!!! Stay well away from this torture drug!!!!”

Di0215 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

“I took my first dose of Truclicity in January. I started having pain in my left side through to the back. The doctor suggested I take it every two weeks. The pain has persisted, plus now I am super nauseous and throwing violently. For the last four days I’ve lived on fat free broth. No more for me!”

mhami · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 20, 2017

“I started this injectible over a a year ago and am stopping it on my doctor's advice. After all the usual start up symptoms went away after a few weeks, the medication did seem to work, but as time went on it seemed to not work as well. Also, my hair started to thin out and fall out, mildly, and I have Tinnitus and it definitely made it worse, making it very loud. I also started having problems with my liver, gastritis and my thyroid has almost completely stopped working, so now I have to be on Synthroid! Make sure your doctor checks your thyroid at times.TO THE LADY WITH THE NEW STENTS= I have fourteen stents, no problem whatsoever. I also found it helped with the weakness if I ate first thing in the morning.”

NCWaterman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 20, 2017

“I have lost 60 lbs taking 1 injection each week for the last 9 months. My A1C is best since 2012. Has helped decrease my appetite immensely and is main reason for the weight loss. Once I started seeing some results it was easy to moderate intake and start to make better food & beverage choices. It has been a life changer for me. I am hoping to drop another 20lb by Nov 1. Was 365lb 2009 now 242lb. Good luck to all!”

Keesha · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

“I took this medication for 5 weeks, while informing my Dr of the awful side affects that I was having he kept ensuring me that I will soon feel better. After going to the Emergency Room on 3 different occasions for severe nauseating and stomach pain that had me bed ridden for almost 2 weeks straight. Come to find out that this medication has given me pancreatic cancer. Do Not I repeat Do not take this medication!”

Gerri c · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2016

“I have been on 1.75 for 10 months and I will never give this up. Sure the stomach was forced into a new appetite. But once I stopped any fried foods, cheese and a few other irratations, the stomach was happy. Funny thing was my mind stopped craving cheese and fried foods. Totally gone from things I think about eating. Thursday is my dose day. Wednesday night I have huge appetite, but still for good stuff. Lost 20 pounds, a1c down and blood pressure down. But best of all I am no longer with irritable bowels . No more cycles of loose and diarrhea. I feel my intestines are happy and I am absorbing minerals and nutrients now.”

Teri · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2020

“I started Trulicity .75 on a Monday morning I can say I just felt a little nauseous. Oh but when TUESDAY came it was the worst day ever I literally felt like my life was slipping away! There was abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting - constant vomiting for a good 5 hours it’s like it was TRYING to make me vomit until nothing was left and when there was nothing left I was vomiting bubbles! Literally bubbles and saliva. The burps are horrible smells so disgusting. I guess I will play the waiting game to see what the rest of the week holds but I am definitely not taking this again. Nope If I would of stayed on I’m pretty sure I could have lost weight but nahh not worth it”