User Reviews for Trulicity to treat Diabetes, Type 2 (Page 3)

Trulicity has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 719 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 37% of those users who reviewed Trulicity reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Trulicity Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Trulicity

Emily February 12, 2020

“I was on Trulicity for 6 months. The first 5 months my symptoms were mild enough that I could manage them. Around 5 months I started getting extremely bloated, gassy, sulphur burps, extreme fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and headaches. I would get sick 2-3 days after my injection. Since stopping Trulicity- I've still periodically gotten sick. (Extreme boating, gas, sulphur burps, diarrhea, vomiting, extreme fatigue) I've had my (low functioning) gallbladder removed, I've had ran EGD done.... and I'm still sick. Nobody can seem to diagnose or fix the digestive issues Trulicity has caused me. (I've been off of Trulicity for 10 months). I'm at my wits' end. I wish these awful effects would go away for good.”

Poco · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

“Diabetes for 8 years, taking 2000mg Metformin. Dr. added 0.75mg Trulicity per week. No real change in BSL (blood sugar levels) - still staying in the 180-225 range in fasting levels in the morning. Not really exercising. No big side effects either. On the day she changed me to 1.25mg pen, I got a refill on my 0.75mg pens plus the 1.25 mg pens a day or 2 later. So using the 0.75mg pens 2x week - this has made the weight drop off, and the appetite to go down. I've lost 22 lbs in 3 months, which is a good rate and so encouraging to stay at it. No real bad side effects that would make me want to get off Trulicity. Diarrhea seems to come with eating fats. Maybe the 2x week is better for me. I'm only paying about $30 per 4 pen box on my insurance so is affordable. Just wonder if I ever had to stop using Trulicity - would the weight and appetite come back.”

Kris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 6, 2019

“I have been on Trulicity for over 9 months now and I have not experienced any major side effects. My A1C went from a 13 to a 6.3. I have lost over 23 lbs. My BSL are within the normal range. My reading daily use to be over 300. I am at 100 or 103 at the most. The Dr. notice that my thyroid numbers have been slightly elevated. So we are keeping a close watch on that.”

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2020

“I’m 73 years old, not overweight at all, and have had type two diabetes for the last 10 years. My A-1 C is up to 8.9 so my doctor started me on Trulicity. To say I am nauseous is an understatement. Headache, abdominal pain, absolutely no appetite. I don’t know how much longer I can tolerate this drug.”

Nikki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 14, 2019

“I started on the lower dosage and had absolutely no side effects. I stayed on that dosage for 8 weeks and started on the higher dosage. Now this new dosage has given me all the side effects. I will say they aren’t horribly bad. I can survive the side effects because my A1C has gone from 9.5 to 6.3.”

Anonymous February 23, 2020

“Had my first injection on a Friday ...projectile vomiting a day later along with extreme abdomen pain , sulphur burps, explosive non stop diarrhea , blurred vision. Ended up in hospital not only had to be rehydrated I was also given 2 potassium transfusions (which also are extremely painful) . Day 7 and still having abdomen pain but not as severe. Horrendous stuff!!!!!!!!”

GenerationX · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 22, 2019

“Been on trulicity for a year now and have lost 35lbs. A1C is right where it needs to be. I used to take metformin and it was a nightmare with having to deal with diarrhea, extreme stomach nausea and just anytime that I was out and about with errands or out to eat and having to worry, or stress if I was going to have to rush getting to a restroom. Trulicity does have its side effects of fatigue here and there. It also suppresses appetite which is a good thing. Stools are much better other than a spell of diarrhea once in awhile but nothing compared to Metformin. Trulicity is also easier to deal with just one shot once a week compared to Metformin where I was pilled to death at 500mg 2 in morning and 2 in evening Monday thru Sunday 365 days a year”

Mawmaw · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

“Started Trulicity 5 days ago on Thursday afternoon. Horrible night. Horrible indigestion, bloating, nausea, gas, feeling so bad and weak all over. Wanted this medicine out of my body. Late Monday afternoon began to feel better. Today, Tuesday, still feel better with just some belching. Have to eat little at a time and eat ginger cookies for some leftover nausea after eating. Sugar levels have been lower. Now trying to decide if same thing will happen with second dose on Thursday and if I want to do another injection.”

Willie wag tail · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2020

“I have had type 2 diabetes for 16 years Controlled well on low-carb, high-fat eating plan (lchf) diet Got too difficult and gradually went back to normal diet, but still low carbs Hba1c was rising, so Dr suggested trulicity. I've had 5 injections and will see Dr on Monday, thus week. I've had enough, my levels have gone up, even, combined it with metformin. I am getting side effects of feeling nauseous for about three days after injection, burping, wind, constipated, no appetite, all thought if food makes me feel sick, only good point lost 3 kgs. I can't continue, it's not suitable for me, if my readings had come down, maybe... a big maybe I'd continue. I've tried for just on 6 weeks, but I feel shaky, sick, constipated, it's not worth it for me.”

byflywire · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

“My uncle is taking Trulicity. He is doing well on it, but my father took Trulicity and after two months he ended up having multiple strokes and losing the ability to work. My uncles experience has been positive and my fathers is an accumulation of every warning on the label gone wrong. Try diet and exercise before Trulicity.”

Dothy · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“My doctor attended a seminar and came back and changed my Humalog and put me on Trulicity. I recently had a triple bypass (heart surgery) and was very concern about this action. I did research on this medication and found it was only tested on animals not humans. It caused throat tumors in the animals and pancreatitis cancer. I then decided to see if anyone posted any review and there are over 600 hundred. Thank you all for your reviews. You helped me and prevented me from serious complications. I did not take the medicine and call my doctor and inform them of this. You should make your own decision on what to put in your body. Doctors are about money and experiments and they receive incentives .”

eva · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

“I was waiting long time (a year ) until I started using trulicity pen, why? I was scared after reading many reviews about side effects. But when metformin was not effective and I had constantly UTI which meant antibiotics, I didn't have a choice. I wish I had started it earlier. I have no side effects ! The shot is not painful and easy to do, no diarrhea, no mood changes, no vomits, no stomach pain, no gases. Yes, I have a little less appetite,especially in the morning, a little less visits in bathroom for number twos ( but I have at least one movement), a little nausea sometime but nothing bothering, even not noticeable. Each person react differently, usually bad reviews are from people with strong negative reaction on medication, that is why I am writing this review. Maybe somebody who really needs this medication will not be scared to try it as I was. I gave less stars, because lowest dose didn't lower my morning sugar level, maybe more side effects will come with higher dose which I need to try.”

Edgar May 25, 2020

“Been taking Trulicity for 4 years now with no side- effect. 3 months ago, I started to feel bloated, stomach upset, keeps burping and nauseated every time I inject Trulicty. I am not sure if I will continue taking it as the side-effect is starting to get into me. A1c is 7.8 with Trulicity.”

Hannah Grace · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2017

“Wanted to share my experience - I did not take this drug Trulicity - my mum did. My mum took this drug for approx. about 6 months and she lost a lot of weight - however, she seemed to get quite a lot of abdominal pain. 1 night she had to home from work - she was in severe pain in her stomach, vomiting and sweating and ended up in A&E. Turns out she had severe acute pancreatitis - she spent nearly 4 months in hospital. She had necrosis of the pancreas and had most of her pancreas removed. She was extremely ill. She died from clots and a stroke in the end. I am convinced this was started from trucility. DO NOT TAKE THE RISK, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, STOP WHEN YOU GET SIDE EFFECTS! I lost my mum. I don't want anyone else to go through the same.”

Older · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 7, 2020

“I've been taking this for several months. At first it worked really well. But the last few months after about two days makes me violently sick with horrible tasting burbs. This week I injected on Monday morning by 9 pm wens I was up all night being sick. Make sure you talk this through with your doctor”

Mischka.Fairfax · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2018

“Started taking Trulicity 11/2018. Began with 0.75 ml for two weeks. Slight side effects of a little gas and nausea. Nothing else. Bumped up to 1.5 ml and the gas and nausea got a bit worse but went away quickly. Anything greasy results in mild diarrhea so I’ve eliminated all greasy foods from my diet. If you pay attention to what you eat, you can eliminate the side effects. Please be aware you definitely can’t eat the same amount of food as you did prior to taking this medication. I have lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks. It’s a great drug. You just have to pay close attention to what and how much you eat.”

Mrs.K. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

“Been on Trulicity for a few months for Pre-diabetes, ended up in the hospital with severe vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pains. No one figured Trulicity, now 3 weeks later same episodes. I am done with this !!!”

Dari September 3, 2020

“When I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes they immediately put me on Tresiba insulin at 26 units. My a1c was 13 at the time. After 3 months I got my a1c down to 6.9 but also started gaining weight as this is a "side effect" of Tresiba. Been struggling ever since. I have been on Trulicity for about 3 months in addition to the Tresiba. During this time, on the low dose, it did not do anything for suppressing my appetite. It did however help lower my blood sugar from the 130 range to 100. 2 weeks ago we increased to the highest dose and I have been starving to death. It is 24/7 non stop. When I eat I feel like I haven't eaten anything and I am starving. It really is an unbearable feeling. I am doing my best to not eat much but cannot bare to feel like this all the time. My doctor was shocked and is looking for another alternative. Already tried Ozempic last fall but had severe stomach cramps, and sore throat. Came off of it after 2 months.”

Bonbon February 27, 2020

“I took Trulicity for 5 weeks & the 3 days after the first dose I was nauseous & somewhat constipated. Sugars came down somewhat, but the longer I took it, the worse I felt!! Stopped taking it after the 5th week & I’m still nauseated & my abdomen hurts so bad! I’m praying this gets out of my system soon!! I don’t have much of an appetite which I’m glad but ready for the pain to leave!!”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2020

“For the love of anything don't take this if you can avoid it. I've taken Trulicity for 3.5 months now hoping my body will somehow tolerate it. Not the case. I've lost over 40 lbs. I feel like I have food poisoning every day. Bloated. Diarrhea, constipation, horrid nausea. Now I am starting to vomit. Losing weight is good but not like this.”

Susie February 23, 2021

“I have been on Trulicity for 2 weeks. Prior to this I was on Byetta for 5 years. At this time, Byetta is no longer available where I live. While on Byetta my A1C was 5.5, there were no side effects, and my weight dropped by 20 lbs. When I could no longer buy Byetta here $125/month and no prescription, I was put on insulin (Lantus and Humalog). Problem was many hypoglycemic episodes and could not get regulated. Hence Trulicity. My readings stay in the 160's. I have abdominal discomfort, lack of appetite, and constant indigestion. (And the cost is $190.00 per month!) I am not sure I can stay with this...would love to have my Byetta.”

John · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

“I see this commercial every night and it cracks me up because this is the most disgusting drug I've ever taken in my life I have never ever been so sick in my entire life and I am a recovering heroin addict and I've never been that sick even on heroin withdrawals”

Nana November 12, 2019

“I've been a diabetic for 23 years, and the last 4 years, I've been all over the charts with my A1C. Dr. prescribed, trulicity last week, I should have read this reviews on this site first. I've been sick the last 4 days! I swear I felt it in my lungs, the minute it was injected, then the nausea started. I've been in bed the better part of the last 4 days, but between, the cramping, dizziness, diahrrea, headaches, and high blood pressure readings, I've decided it's not working for me. It's not worth the misery. I wanted to give it a chance, but I can't live like this any longer. Any food I put in my stomach, feels like a sharp pain it feels like my insides are . turned inside out!! I'm 58 and I quit!! Life's too short :).”

Anonymous February 2, 2021

“I have been on Trulicity .75 for about 2 months now. I've gained back 3 of the 10 lbs that I had lost prior to starting Trulicity. I had the rotten egg burps for about a week, but that has gone away. Been a bit constipated. My numbers have stayed consistently high, between 160-180 and my appetite hasn't changed at all. I have an appointment in 3 weeks, we'll see what Dr. says/does. My insurance isn't covering the medication so for now I'm getting samples from my Dr.”

Daph · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

“It's been almost 4 weeks now since I've been on the Trulicity 0.75mg weekly. I did experience some mild nausea and a few headaches, but overall, my experience has been great. My appetite has decreased a lot. I was advised to stay on the 1000mg of metformin at bedtime by my endocrinologist, which balanced out the constipation and diarrhea. I am however, gassy..lol..but I can deal with that. I have experienced some weight loss, but I don't know how much. I see it in my clothing, and I feel much lighter. I also have increased energy.”