User Reviews for Saxenda

Learn more about Saxenda.

Weight Loss 84 reviews 44 medications

8.1
Obesity 275 reviews 62 medications

7.6
Summary of Saxenda reviews 359 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Saxenda

For Weight Loss "I'm from the UK, I start saxenda on 19th May. So just over a week. I increased the dose from 0.6 to 1.2 on Friday. Previously had no side effects, but now finding I'm waking in the morning with nausea and heartburn, and all I've had is water. Only lost 4.4lbs in just over a week. Feel like it's not working. I have found that my mouth is constantly dry, always drink water. Has anyone else had anything similar?"

CD82 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Saxenda users, has anyone gotten pregnant after using this drug. I am 27 and would like to have children eventually. I want to see if there are any women out there that have taken it and gotten pregnant after stopping use. Did it take a long time to conceive or did it happen relatively fast? "

sunshine1690 May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I've been on the medication for a little over a week so it's a little early but here's my experience so far. The first couple of days I was very tired and experienced some stomach upset. I also had some emotional outbursts- some crying which has since subsided. I read other reviewers comments before taking this medication and saw that taking too much too fast or titrating this too fast lead to unpleasant effects that were intolerable so I've titrated extremely slowly and I haven't even gotten to the lowest registered dosage yet but have consistently lost about a pound a day and have lost a total of 7 pounds since starting a week ago. I consistently have a very slight stomach ache after eating but it goes away fairly quickly and is tolerable"

Jesusgirl04 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I decided to try this medication after a friend seemed to be losing weight on it. I'm taking 2.4 mg and in week number 5. I am an undereater anyway and never hungry so not sure this was the right medication for me. I thought it stabilized blood sugar? Hope it's not just an appetite suppressant I have lost 3lbs which is very disappointing. I will go up to 3mg today but if I don't lose anything again this week then I will probably stop... My question - anyone experience needing longer time and the full dose to start losing weight?"

Missy12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "After being forced by doctors to get gastric bypass, I decided that this is not an option for me. I am somewhat physically active still (aqua aerobics and walking at work 4-8km a shift. I have tried diets and juicing only to keep gaining. I needed some extra help. I researched this product and other doctor prescribed drugs such as the pills that block fat but the side effects of wet oily farts and maybe pooping your pants was a no go as well. Enter Saxenda. its been a week since I started (0.6) and I have dropped 6lbs. My appetite and cravings have eased significantly. No major side effects so far. I drink lots of water and chew your food! Chew it until there is nothing. This is a virtually pain free daily self needle injection."

honihellcat (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "My PCP gave me a trial and an RX for Saxenda. I went to fill the script, but, unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it. I can't pay $800 a month even with the coupon. However, I am using the trial, and absolutely love Saxenda. I have had no side effects, it really helps me with hunger, helps with cravings , overall, helps me to eat less. I am so sad I cannot continue with this medication for my weight loss, but I definitely recommend this product."

Vickie501966 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Started on 0.6mg Saxenda on May 8th weighing 342 lbs. After 7 days I upped the dosage to 0.9mg for 5 days then to 1.2mg. I have had no side affects from the medication aside from a very slight headache the first few days, could be unrelated since its allergy season right now. Today is May 23rd and I've lost 15lbs. I am using this drug along with a low carb diet. My constant hunger was gone starting with the first injection. Is this how normal people feel? I don't wake up hungry, I don't go through my day always feeling hungry, I don't go to bed hungry. It's so liberating to be able to focus on other things instead of constantly being consumed by hunger."

LastResortinNj May 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've taken Saxenda for 4 weeks now. Started at 99 kg and now weigh 93, so a total loss of 6 kg. I'm currently at 2.4 and wonder if I should go a little bit slower because I think that I'm actually losing too fast. I have a lot of nausea and have had two spells of gastric gas (like rotten eggs) and violent vomiting. What I have learned so far is that I feel better taking the drug in the evening (apparently the maximum effect of the drug is 11 hours after the injection) and to stay away from sodas or sparkling water. I now will make sure that I drink more water (it seems to be important to avoid side effects) and that I eat enough proteins. Would love to hear from those who have used it for more than 6 months!"

1 month in (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "13 May2 2017 First dose before bed. Hope it doesn't cause insomnia, or that I'm so allergic I die in my sleep. Haha Kidding (not kidding). Excited for tomorrow. I ate like a maniac today in preparation. Like a smoker who smokes 2 packs the day before quitting. My last rites. Hoping for some serious results. Will keep you posted. May 18 2017 sleep well - a little lethargic and sleepy first 2 days. No other symptoms. I take it at night before bed. May 17 I had the worst diarrhea over night - but by 8am that was over. The rest of the day was fine. So far 3lb down. Appetite and cravings are down. I feel like I have some control again."

rhubarbvalley May 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "REDBOXES -Week two done, down 9lbs in all. Did no exercise this week due to sickness. Rested and slept all week. Still on .6 and have no cravings and I am in full control of what I am eating. No side effects now. I trying to keep my calories up to 1200 per day. The reason I am not increasing my dose is that I have to pay out of pocket for the whole thing. This is helping me loose weight and if I don't put the dose up it will save me a ton of money."

redboxes (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started this medication 5/8/2017. I had severe nausea and headaches the first 3 days and then nothing after that. It has decreased my appetite but no weight loss as of yet. I have decreased my carb intake and drinking more water added exercise. So I am hoping to see some results by week 2. If not then it will let me know its does not work for every body type. Just frustrated with the weight and this stomach apron."

Queen Ibe May 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "Saxenda and Appendicitis: I started Saxenda March 1st and had no negative issues at first. I injected every day through March and April and 1/2 of May and lost 20 pounds. I was looking at one year of prescriptions until I started having constipation that lasted for 5 days and I started having abdominal pain that settled in my lower right abdomen. The trip to the ER and cat scans proved that my appendix was inflamed. As I sit in the hospital trying to think how a microscopic bacteria could have attached to my appendix and started the infection I realized that the location of my pain, my appendix, and the spot where I may have injected 40-60% of my Saxenda injections were one and the same. Needless to say - I'm done with this drug."

Nancy531 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "*Update #3 or 4 lol.. I've been on Saxenda 2.4 current dose, I have lost a total of 28lb in 2.5 months! I am having some gut issues now, constipation, DO NOT eat sweets , I get very sick when I eat anything like a bite of a brownie or a York paddy, body won't tolerate the sugar, which for me is GREAT. I started at 208, I am now 184, average loss of 2 lbs a week. I'm super happy with this medicine. I do feel as I've hit a plateau, so I need NOT drink wine or diet sodas, when I drink only water and some milk , I drop about 3 lbs a week."

JMoyer79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I start May 11 no side effect!!! Going great!"

Red915 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "It's been 2 months since starting saxenda and I'm still having big time issues. I'm losing the weight, my a1c is better (it's always been under 7 and is now 6.5) but the side effects are taking its toll. The chronic diarrhea and gut rot have me feeling like an exhausted piece of dirt every day. The nutritionist says I need 50 minutes of Cardio per day, and theres no way this is happening as I just feel like crap all the time. If this wasn't a study I would have bowed out by now. I still may but it is doing what it's supposed to do.... Better blood gluose and weight loss. In the 14 month trial I was supposed to lose 12 pounds, it's been 2 months and I've lost exactly 20 pounds. We will see what the future holds."

Miller2411 May 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I am a 51 year old female, have been on Saxenda for one month now and have lost 10 lbs. I have had no side effects, other than the odd day of redness around my injection site. No nausea, or vomitting. I have had occasional constipation, but find that has been when I haven't drank at least 6-8 glasses of water.I'm eating much healthier, more vegetables and fruit, smaller portions of meat and cheese...NO FAST FOOD. My appetite has definitely decreased, and I don't have the same cravings as before. I am listening to my body more, and recognizing hunger as opposed to mindless snacking just because. When I feel like a treat, I have dried apple slices, hummus and low cal. crackers, healthy snack bars instead. Motivated :)"

AnnT65 May 8, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda on 4/28/17 at the recommendation of my doctor for weight loss. I have kept at the 0.6mg dosage and will not increase weekly rather every 14 days or so. I am tired and weak, extremely thirsty, my appetite is non existent. I try stay within 800-1000 calories a day but some days are harder than other to reach this goal. I have found if I have any carbs it makes me extremely nauseous and dizzy, I can no longer tolerate dairy it makes very sick to my stomach and gives me a terrible stomach ache. Constipation comes and goes. But so far as of today 5/7/17 I am down 8.5 lbs. I mostly snack all day on healthy fruits and veggies and have a small salad with chicken as my "big" meal. I will add 30-45 mins of walking a few times a week."

Bmy175 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I was getting frustrated with doing a lot of exercising and eating right but not losing weight. Diabetes runs in my family. I decided to make one last attempt at asking my endocrinologist for something to help. As I had asked a few Drs before but they would say, say exercise and cut your calories. Anyhow I got given the Saxenda, I had some mild nausea in the beginning. I've lost 13 pound in 1 month. I still exercise and eat healthy. However, I did not exercise much 1 week, only 3 times and still lost weight. For me it worked great. Suppressed my appetite, a little tiredness . But worth it. Now I'm just worried about maintaining my weight loss. That's the hardest part. Will have to talk to Dr. About it when I get there."

Steph938 May 7, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I've been on Saxenda for approximately 2 months and haven't lost any weight. I fluctuate daily and I'm actually heavier than I was when I started. It caused loose stools after every meal and massive headaches."

Nothappy2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I just started the Saxenda 0.6 today. I am hoping and praying that I will get good results. NO side affects so far. I will check back in later A New Start"

A New Start (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been on the medication for 4 weeks now. No side effects really. I feel full all the time so when I eat I am definitely not over eating any longer. I haven't lost any weight yet but I just started exercising. I will post a review in a month or so with updates if there are any. The cost is 100 through my insurance but they have a discount card that brings it to 30"

Lori h 78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Took my first dose of saxenda last night today very minimal side effects if any just feel a little queasy and a little foggy but if this is as bad as it gets I can deal with it"

Laura lou May 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda 27/04/17 and so far I love it! Down 5 pounds already...what! lol I'm rarely hungry and get full pretty quick. I either walk 4-5km a day or ride my recumbent bike for an hour. Drinking lots of water and eating clean. The first day I felt a little queasy but nothing that kept me from work or daily routine. No bowel issues either. Wake up each morning with a headache but it passes pretty quick once I'm up and around. I was a little hesitant before starting because of the reviews I read about all the side effects, but I haven't had many at all. Not crazy about spending $450 a month on it, but if it keeps on doing what its doing, its priceless to me!"

beckyboo123 May 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Beginning week 6. 15 pounds down. When I eat too much (more than 1/2 a regular meal), I feel very full and get indigestion. I am trying to ensure I take at least 10,000 a day. Been taking for 17 days...10 pounds lost. Controls hunger. I try to eat 700-900 calories a day and work out 2X a week. I have experienced throwing up, headaches, lightheaded, and constipation, but now, side effects are minimal. Looking to lose 50 pounds by end of year."

KimL50 May 1, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "On week 2 and 1.2mg. No side effects and down 3lbs in the first week but wasn't sure if that was just my usual fluctuation of 5lbs. I have never had an appetite so I was concerned that this was all did - control appetite. I'm an under eater with no metabolism. I decided it had to do more than control appetite so decided to give it a try. I take prescription medication for acid reflux so was concerned it would get worse. I discovered that by monitoring when I was eating high acid foods, I would eat high alkaline food and it has settled my stomach very nicely. So I will see how this goes:)"

Fatchick&$ April 30, 2017