User Reviews for Saxenda

Obesity
7.8

Summary of Saxenda reviews 7.9 695 reviews

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "4 months in Saxenda and I have only lost 9 pounds. Despite doing exercises and counting calories the weight was just slowly coming down. So I am not sure if Saxenda was doing anything. Slight occasional nausea and headaches the first couple of weeks. No other side effects either. It has done nothing to decrease my appetite or cravings. Unfortunately it seems I was not responding to Saxenda and today my doctor discontinued it. So frustrating. Big disappointment."

Pilatuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Weight Loss "Like a light switch turning off my appetite and the uncontrollable thoughts I had of eating junk food even when I wasn’t hungry. Gone from 179lb last May to 150lb. At 3 mg/day, I still have control over food most days. I’m finding that my rheumatoid arthritis has been exacerbated though the lab results do not show it. In 15 years I’ve never been so stiff I the mornings. Now my Rheum MD wants to hold my Arava so that a fingernail infection will respond to the bid dosing of Cipro. Not sure where I’m headed but my goal is to reach 140, 137 if possible."

Zoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm on my first week of Saxenda. My doctor recommended it after I tried to loose 20 lbs but ended up GAINING 40 lbs. After scouring the internet, I decided to take it at night (1900-ish) and only experienced slight nausea but I keep pepto bismol tablets near me. I've lost 8 lbs and have noticed a decreased appetite. When eating, I notice a distinct sense of fullness."

Smhood82 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Obesity "So far, so good. I've been on Saxenda for 10 days and am down 8lbs so far. Have experienced no real side effects aside from lack of appetite, and when eating too much a large brick feeling in my guts. I'm a 46yo female, starting weight 275lb, current weight 267lb. I've had 4 major orthopedic surgeries in the last 3 years which have set me far, far back in physical activity. But I'm trying. My insurance is covering this for 6 months, with a $25 copay."

Christy (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Obesity "I have been on saxenda now since October, 2017 and started at 230lbs. Just weighed myself last night and am down to 194lbs. The only side effects are being backed up, slight headache and feeling tired. I work out at the gym 4 days a week and hike every other week for 2 hours. This medication really works, but it works more if you excecise more. Excercising also helps with the constipation. Am very blessed that my insurance(Molina)!covers the entire prescription. This med is better than surgery for weight loss. It's really worth it. Good luck to you all."

Sen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2018

For Weight Loss "Week 1: (287lb weight) dosage 0.6 no side affects, Week: 2 (278lb weight) 1.2 dosage. I think it’s working I’m eating healthy and going to the gym 5-6 times a week I’m very impressed with saxenda!!!"

Jay May 7, 2018

For Obesity "I am into my 7th week and have lost 14.6 lbs! Started at 230lb and am at 215.4 an average of 2 lbs per week! (Mod. Intensity workout 2x/week) I definitely notice the decrease in appetite and feeling full for many hours after eating (up to 8 hours). Dry mouth is a constant battle for me, fatigue and on and off constipation but not bad enough to stop. I hope to increase my exercise to 4x/wk to help prevent the plateau I noticed others hit during treatment. It has also helped me make better food choices, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies to help prevent constipation and it reduces the nauseous feeling if you eat something heavy. I find injecting around noon is best to prevent the late night munchies for us night owls but on my work days I do it early (7am) and I definitely notice I feel like eating more that evening. I highly recommend trying this drug to help you get on the right track but you still need to be willing to adjust diet and lifestyle habits if you want to maintain permanent weight loss."

Pharmerjenn May 6, 2018

For Obesity "I started taking Saxenda at 260lbs. I had hypertension. I don't really have a chance to exercise because of my work schedule but I do walk 30 minutes daily. I really did not think it would work however by the 2nd week I had already lost 5lbs. I am currently down to 230lb without exercise. I also had skipped some days not for any particular reason, just that my schedule would be so busy I would forget."

Jessica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2018

For Obesity "Update - At 3.0 - Weight is slowly coming off. My doctor had me switch from taking the injection in the morning to night time to see if it would help with nausea and gas. It has helped but I also find myself wanting to eat more during the day. I am afraid this may slow the weight loss even more. Has anyone else done this and if so, what was your experience? Thanks!"

Got to Go (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Weight Loss "Today is day 13 on Saxenda and I feel pretty good. I felt amazing week 1 but now feel my stomach upset off and on during the day. Not terrible but noticeable. I do not feel hungry and feel energized/motivated which I haven't felt in years! I am down 7 lbs. and will start on 1.8ml on Thursday. I'm curious of the upset stomach issue. I'll post an update soon."

Maggie (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Obesity "I am 58 years old, I have been on Saxenda for 11 months. I lost 40 lbs effortlessly but slowly for the first 8 months. At about 9 months I stopped losing and am struggling to keep from gaining. I have gained 5 lbs. back even though I have continued taking it. Have noticed lots of hair loss since I've been on it. Some nausea and constipation at first but that didn't last long."

Donna April 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "Started on the .06 dose and had headache & nausea. Everything tasted super sweet or bad, I would not want it. I did feel full, but everything seemed to turn my stomach. On the 2nd week, upped the dose, more nausea, then the worst heartburn ever. Had no desire to eat, which is good if you are trying to lose weight, but...the heartburn made me wonder, is this worth it? Did I mention NO weight loss!? After work I was beyond exhausted. Just wanted to sleep, no energy to help the kids with home work, make dinner, or even think about doing chores! At 1 point I remembered what people doing Chemo & battling cancer say, food has no taste, they don’t want to eat. So I stopped the treatment, there are very few things in life that give pleasure, eating happens to be one of them......taking drugs to lose weight, not losing any weight ( bloated), feeling horrible & taking the risk to possibly getting cancer? No thanks. Back to reducing portions & getting more exercise."

Rio19 April 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "Giving an update: just started my week 3 dose yesterday, so now at 1.8. Down a total of 9lbs! (So that’s 9 lbs in two weeks!) Feeling good, no more problems with being nauseous, however since starting week 3 yesterday I have developed the awful, nasty Sulfer burbs! Hoping it’s just a phase and will pass as my body adjust to the new dosage! I will keep you updated!"

MaeMae (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "Today is day 7. I am a 27 yr old female started at 94 kg down to 92 kg already lost 2 kg. I hardly get hungry most days and I make myself eat cause I know I need it and no sugar cravings. Really dull headaches otherwise no side effects! Tomorrow I up my dose to 1.2mg I will keep you posted. I can't believe it this is GREAT!"

Missy (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "Also wanted to share that I did too get a red rash at site of injection when I first started using Saxenda. Problem was NOT that the needle was injecting the fluid incorrectly, but that I was sensitive to the drug. I hung in there and within a few weeks I didn’t experience any problems at injection site. I can say that injecting at the belly is a lot better. I still get a slight rash if I use my leg or arm. Luckily I did not have to discontinue the use of Saxenda as a rash was my only symptom."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

For Obesity "Started Saxenda 12/27/17. I am 5ft 3inches and 64 years old. I weighed 237 pounds. The weight started to come down a few pounds a week. Had a little nausea when I increased the dose each time but I switched to taking Saxenda at night which helped a great deal with the nausea. I am now 209 pounds and have been on maximum dose of 3 mg. I am beginning to notice a slow down in weight loss as I don’t quite feel the effects of the drug as when I first used it. Does anyone else have this same experience of the drug’s effectiveness lessening with time ??"

DEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

For Weight Loss "I'm a female, 45 years, trying to lose about 30 pounds. I started on Saxenda about 3 weeks ago and have lost the first 10 pounds. I think that came off rather quickly because I've had nausea almost every day (none to mild to moderate). I can absolutely tell that the drug slows my gut mobility. When I ate a banana close to bedtime, I could tell it was still in my gut in the morning (unpleasant burps and more nausea). Never eating that close to bedtime again (which I know is not a good idea anyway). As far as dosing, I started on 0.6 and am slowly making my way to 1.2. I think if I titrate any faster that I'd be too sick! I am hoping the nausea goes away once I level out to a stable dose. I don't plan to stay on this longer than necessary, but have been told by my physician that it is important to keep taking low doses for a few months after goal weight is obtained (ie about the same amount of time that it took to lose the weight). I'll give an update in another few weeks!"

LosingW8 April 26, 2018

For Weight Loss "Been on Saxenda since 4/10 & today is 4/25 and I've only lost 5 lbs. From reading some of these reviews I was like wow a lot of people lost weight fast even without exercising. Yet I'm walking, doing the eliptical, and eating better and stuck at loosing 5 lbs. I know it's different for everybody, so I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm on the 1.8 dose and it seems like I'm finally getting fuller faster after barely eating anything at all. Hopefully this dose is the start of more loss. I felt nausea and seemed more hungry at o.6 and 1.2. Now I'm feeling like this could work! Good luck people!"

Tee (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Obesity "I am a 49 yr old white female and weigh 352 lbs. I began my journey on Saxenda in mid March. I have been on this drug now for about 5 weeks. I have only had very minimal side effects. Started with a mild headache it wasn't too hard to deal with. I rarely ever felt sick to my stomach maybe only a few times during the course of this drug. It did lessen my hunger a little not a lot though. The entire time I have been on this drug I've had mostly mild to moderate headaches. I lost 2 lbs total and gained 1 lbs back.....ugh. I decided today 4/23/18 that it is no longer worth the headache and no weight loss at all. So I am discontinuing using this drug. Very discouraging to see all the others weight loss falling off and mine is just stable. If the drug works for you that's awesome but sadly for me it did not so I will need to find another way. Good luck to everyone else. It just wasn't working for me :-("

Pepper April 23, 2018

For Obesity "I am a 59 year old female, 5'11" tall and started Saxenda five months ago. In that time I have lost 60 pounds. I started at 337lb and now weigh 277lb. Saxenda is not a miracle cure but one of the many tools that I have used in this journey. I use an app to log all of my food and a fitness tracker to record steps and remind me to move on a regular basis. I have still had days when I was eating from emotion rather than hunger but I was able to make better food choices and limit the damage. It is never too late to stop eating. I still have a lot of weight to lose but I am sure that this time I can do it and then keep it off."

Prairie Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Obesity "I am a 47 year old female. I have been on Saxenda for 14 weeks. After 12 weeks I had lost 14kg, just over 10% of my body mass. I was really pleased but then suddenly while still injecting 3.0 per day the weight loss stopped and I have started gaining weight. This is the weight loss pattern I have experienced my whole life. My doctor has given me referrals to a dietician and an exercise physiologist, I'll try these supports and see if combined with Saxenda I can lose more weight. At $387 per month (including 100 needles every three months), I can't keep using it if it's no longer working. My health insurance only pays $50 once per year for weight loss medications - with the obesity epidemic this is unbelievable! Saxenda is definitely worth a try."

KLT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started this med 12-17 It’s 4-21 The med killed my appetite for a month. It’s not long lasting. I stopped losing weight & getting my appetite. The side effect was constipation"

Marissa G (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

For Obesity "I am a 58 year old female and I weighed 195lb when I started Saxenda last November (2017). I was very rough until I reached maximum dose. Nausea, depression (which I have anyway) and a lack of motivation to anything more than breathe. However, I stuck with it and am so glad I did. In November I lost 12 pounds. December I lost 12 pounds. It came off slower after that and my dog became terminal and died. Then I started walking to work and have now lost a total of 45 pounds (as of April 20). It was really easy because now I don't think about food and eating it every minute of every day. I made a concerted effort to get off sugar and bread. What a difference! I would like to know if the Saxenda becomes less effective over time and what happens when you go off it? I expect to have to work to maintain but I'd like to know if it is going to be just difficult or next to impossible ! I have another 20 or so pounds to lose and am looking forward to having my old self back again."

golferdoodle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Weight Loss "I am 32 years old, 5 feet tall exactly and started at 162lbs according to My scale at home the day I started. So have just finished week 1 on saxenda, the lowest dosage, I increase it tomorrow. Side effects not bad. First few days I felt nauseous. If I just ate something small it went away. The last few days I haven’t felt sick at all... well except one day when I ate too much, really wasn’t much but I ate a large Caesar salad.. and I ate until I felt stuffed.. I felt rather nauseous for about an hour after eating. So now I don’t eat as much. I honestly don’t really ever feel hungry. So I make myself eat. But I have to eat rather small portions to keep from feeling sick. But now that I know all that, I manage my meals better and I feel great! I am down 5lbs the first week."

MaeMae (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Obesity "Hi, I am 50 y female, 5.2 and 190 pounds. I also have a 8 y old son. ( first and last). I gained all the weight after pregnancy and quitting smoking when iIgot pregnant. I’ve tried few diets, most if them did not work, one did but very expensive and no health coverage. When I stopped the program gained back everything and more. My GP prescribed me saxenda, just got it from the drugstore. I was happy that it was all covered by insurance, however, came home and realized no needles. I am in Canada, Ontario. Does anybody know if i have to buy them separately or they just missed to add them. Do they also need to be on the prescription? Other than that, quite nervous before starting, but same time very determined to lose the extra weight. Any answer, advise, suggestion, will be much appreciated. Thanks."

Susan (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018