User Reviews for Saxenda

Learn more about Saxenda.

Weight Loss 137 reviews 44 medications

8.3
Obesity 352 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Summary of Saxenda reviews 489 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "I started Saxenda end of June of 2017. My doctor started me at 0.6mg and every week I went up until I finally reached 3.0mg. I still have episodes of extreme tiredness and lethargy, not to mention the nausea. But, it is not consistent, and therefore bearable. I have lost 25 pounds thus far with no exercise; I have plateaued now, but my doctor ensured me if I introduce exercise I will lost more. The weird thing for me is that I have NO appetite or desire to eat animal protein - most days I have to force myself."

zizi141 September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Starting on 0.6 on 25 Sept 17.. Skeptical but trying to stay positive. Hearing good and bad reviews so cant make a judgement call till I try it. I'm not obese but definitely have stubborn body fat around my waist that diet and gym just won't get rid of. Hoping this will help Will check back here after week one. 5"10 & starting weight 86kgs. (189lb)"

Turadom September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "A few of my friends and I who are on it (we work in a hospital and all started taking it) plateaued at 25-27 lbs. So, a couple of us stopped taking it, maintained what we lost, and are going to start it again. The reason is that the longer we were on it, the less we felt that "I'm hungry but nothing sounds good" feeling that curbed our appetites. Will go back on soon. I went from 314 lbs to 288 lbs - maintaining about 291."

vmdjlp September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hit the scales at 208lbs (14.12stones) and decided enough. First dose of 0.06 morning, felt mildly nauseated early evening. But had a little bite to eat. Next day, same dosage, early evening too nauseous to eat at all. 3rd day ok to eat a bite, but noticed all cravings and more surprisingly, thoughts of food gone. I'm on day 6 now, and a have lost 8lbs. I'm sure there will be water in there, but even so very impressive. I've had a muggy headache on and off but think it's a fair trade off."

Blooboo75 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I have to admit I purchased my saxenda and after reading the reviews on side affects I didn't touch it for 2 weeks. So negative. Eventually I had the courage to try it. Well I will tell you I have been on saxenda now for 3 weeks. I have never even had any side affects at all. I have lost the urge to eat so much, little is better. I have this new energy and just feel so much better. I've lost 12 lbs and feel I'm on my way. After reading all the negative comments then you read the drug info about the side effects which happen to 1 out if 10. I hope to be off meds in the near future. Give it a try. It works. You will like yourself again"

Getting thin (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Unfortunately for me, this medication has not helped me lose weight. I have also had a lot of side effects such as nausea and fatigue. However, I have read a lot of great weight loss stories. I did however get a surprise pregnancy. I have never gotten pregnant on my own so I am contributing it to this med."

dancexstar September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I'm starting this medicine tomorrow. After reading the starting dose here I'm confused as my Dr is starting me at 1.8? Wondering if I should call help line and confirm starting dose. Anyone have the same situation?"

Suzi q September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Been taking Saxenda for 2 weeks and am on 1.8mg, going up to 2.4 today. Down 5 pounds! Goal is to lose 30 more. It has greatly reduced my appetite and any cravings. Few side effects: dehydrated, vomited once, nauseous here and there. I inject in the evening. Bought needles quite I expensively off Amazon. My insurance won't pay for it so I ordered it from a reputable Canadian pharmacy. I have hypothyroidism and am menopausal so losing wt is very hard. I have high hopes Saxenda will work for me!"

SunnyArt September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started this 5 days ago, no weight loss yet. Don't want to give it a star rating yet, as it would be premature. My biggest challenge is controlling my appetite. I always tend to overeat which is why I wanted to try Saxenda. So far, I've had no side effects, and have had no significant changes in my appetite. I'm hoping when I increase to 1.2 in 2 days I will feel a change. After reading reviews, I'm a little depressed that others have had better results in the first week. Still keeping my fingers crossed that it will soon kick in for me."

Mo_Nique (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "My Dr. gave me a sample to try as I have gained 100lbs in the last 3 years with no reason as to why. So I started taking the injections on a low dose it lasted a little over 1 week and I lost 9 to 10 pounds. I can not get my insurance to cover and I can not afford it without help. My Dr. gave me 2 more samples trying to encourage the weight loss so far 22lbs of weight but I ran out last week we have begged and pleaded for the insurance to cover but no luck. I think this would be cheaper than Gastric Bypass surgery as the Dr. said would be my next course if I cant lose the weight. "

Katies Dad 123 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Saxenda on 8/28 I am currently on dose 1.8. I feel great, sometimes I get bad headaches at night but they go away. I have lost 11 lb's rarely feel hungry and I do not have any cravings for sweets. Which sweets are a big thing to me. Right now I feel like I am at a stand still I eat around 800-1000 calories a day. Looking to lose 40 lb's but I am taking it as it goes. I am so happy I started this."

sunflower611 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Started my pen today at 0.6 I'm 33 years old and I stand 5"3 My weigh is 209lb. I haven't had any side effects which I'm so thankful for. My appetite for today felt the same as any other day hopefully tomorrow I will feel the fullness everyone is talking about!!! My goal is to be 160lb hopefully this works well for me Is there a special diet that goes with this?? I'm am a loss to what foods should be avoided?? "

MissChappie September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hi, I started Saxenda on Aug 26th I lost 7lbs the first week and felt great very minimal nausea. 2nd week I upped my dose and toward the evening I would seem to get my cravings back a little at the end of my 2nd week I was down 11 lbs total. Today I upped my dose to 1.8 and I hope to be back on track. So far today I am not hungry at all. I have no side affects and I feel I have more energy since I have been on Saxenda which is weird b/c I hear about how everyone is so tired. Love the affects I am seeing and can't wait to hit the 20lb lost mark."

weightloss611 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "update no. 3 - I started on the drug on 11 July 2017 , I have lost 26 pounds in 8 weeks. I am still on 0.6 dose and decided not to up it, as I continue to lose weight. The side affects have gone. My appetite has returned, but I seem to be able to manage it on this medication, I'm very happy with the results."

lougal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Saxenda 2 weeks ago. The only side effect I have had is being tired all the time. I have lost 6 lbs with no exercise, but now that my kids are back at school I'll be going to the gym. I find that I am not hungry for like 3 days, by the 4th day I am starving. I will be starting 1.8 in 2 days so hopefully that will stop the every couple day hunger."

Sparxmoore (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I'm a 45 yr old female, 5'6" tall, and my starting weight was 220 when I weighed in at the doctor's office on August 31st. I have some health concerns that lead my doctor to prescribe this for me. My doctor helped to administer the first dose so I would know what to do the next day. I felt okay the first 2 days with little side effects. The 3rd day I couldn't stand the smell of bacon. Who doesn't like the smell of bacon? This girl now! The 4th day I threw up my morning coffee and meds. I have been experiencing constipation as well. I am currently on 1.2mg and on day 9. I've lost 5 lbs so far so I'll keep dealing with the side effects. I did start to inject at night to help with the nausea. I am very hopeful this medication will do the job!"

A Blossom (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started saxenda on 8/28 and have lost 8 lb's. I eat about 900-1000 calories a day. I never feel hungry or crave sweets. No side affects which is great I up'd my dose to 1.2 on Monday and seems to be going good. Lets hope it continues. love the results."

slimdown (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Saxenda in June 2017. I've lost 40 lbs. Since I started. I also combined it with the Ketogenic diet. The first month I felt nauseous and no appetite. It made me dizzy not eating. So, I forced myself to eat high fat low carb foods and man it helped. It's amazing what an avocado a day can do for you. I am now trying to incorporate a regular (portion controlled) diet into my life. It's a lot harder than you think after limiting carbs for a few months. I have about 30 more lbs to lose before my goal weight. I started at 5'6 213lbs. Size 14. I weigh 175 now and a size 10. I'm at that point were I'm fearful it's going to stop working - I hope not but we will see. One more thing... my insurance through work pays 100% for this medication."

Mariiie September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started on Saxenda on 8/31/17. I am 5'5 weighed 198lbs. It has been six days and I have lost 4lbs. The only nausea I had was the first dose. After that I have had no problem. I started on Belviq in April and lost 20lbs but my doctor felt it was not longer effective since you are suppose to loose 5 percent of you body weight every 6 weeks. Still walk on the treadmill every morning and eating low calorie meals. I want to be down to 160lbs by next April. I hope I meet my goal."

Tarheel Girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Update lost 7 lbs since 9/1/17"

Mandimc September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started 9/1/17 and have had no appetite and when I make myself eat it doesn't taste the same...diet coke is the only thing appealing...no side effects other than diarrhea when I do eat...37 years old, 5'7 212 lbs...needing to make my goal weight of 160"

MandiMc September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Day 10 of Saxenda I cannot believe that my sugar cravings disappeared the first day. Nausea has been a big issue but I started adding slices of fresh ginger to my water and that has saved me. I'm down 5 lbs. I split the 1.2 dose to .6 morning and afternoon. It's working I'm thrilled. Insurance covered all but $200 a month, but the doc gave me a savings card that you can get online so next 10 months will be $30."

Imshell45 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started on 08/31/2017, so only my second dose of 0.6 mg. No side effects at this point. Dr. Administered the first injection at the office around noon yesterday. By that evening, I wasn't hungry and seemed to have more energy than normal. Took the second dose at 7 am this morning. Haven't felt like eating, and my normal coca cola (my drug of choice) just didn't taste right. Which I feel is a good thing. Easier to stop something when it doesn't taste good. I am 49 years old, PCOS, and yesterday at the Dr. office weighed in at 330.4 lbs. I got my insulin tested this morning fasting. I will meet with the nutritionist next week. Since this is a great long weekend, I am planning on starting the Keto diet that my Dr. is recommending."

TraceyCashman September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "The medication effected my appetite and I was free of ongoing hunger pangs. I have lost 40 lbs and am maintaining it. I wish it was not as expensive as it is. My health and energy level have improved, far outweighing periodic nausea and constipation issues."

Jillo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started the injections 4 weeks ago have lost 16 pounds , nausea at first , constipated, love them"

Nog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017