User Reviews for Saxenda

Learn more about Saxenda.

Weight Loss 105 reviews 44 medications

8.3
Obesity 303 reviews 62 medications

7.7
Summary of Saxenda reviews 408 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "I've been on it for 4 days. No weight loss yet but it does decrease appetite with very little nausea. The needle is painless. I'll keep you posted :)"

YeahDatWay (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "excellent medication, no side affects, suppresses appetite, very effective weight loss."

saddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started this drug on July 13, 2017 and have felt nothing but sick, dizzy and not hungry at all. In 2 days I have already lost 4 lbs."

Lady 486 July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I wanted to share my good news. I stopped my Saxenda about three weeks ago. I was on it for about 14 months, the doctor thought I was ready to go it alone. I started at 250lbs, I an 198 as we speak. My goal is 180. I have a protein shake each morning for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a one plate size dish for dinner. The key is portion control, eat small sensible meals each time and you will be ok. Now I have to get to the gym. Good Luck To All!"

Jason H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I stated Saxenda on July 11, 2017. On my third day. Be glad when the little nausea stops. I have no appetite, must make myself eat something. Hopefully this will work. Will keep you posted."

Jay2716 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Prior to this medication it took me a month to lose 5lbs with strict dieting and vigorous exercise. I've been on this med exactly 2 weeks and have lost 6.8lbs. Female, 5'3" and went from 204.5lbs to 197.7lbs. Keep in mind this is with absolutely no exercise (primarily because it's made me feel so nauseous) and no fancy diet plan and with a couple days dining out. I eat a fraction of what I used to eat and often have to remind myself to eat at all. This stuff is phenomenal and now I feel like it's actually possible for me to lose weight. Nausea has been the primary side effect, it's been rough at some points but manageable. I plan to start working out again next week so I'll definitely post an update after another month or so"

Beca_2994 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hi everyone! I started taking Saxenda 10 days and have already lost about 8 pounds. The first night I was very nauseous, but it hasn't been as bad. My appetite has become virtually non existent. I eat maybe a forth of what I used to eat, but I'm loving the results already. I've been on Metformin for almost 10 years and it's never done what this medication has. I'm on my way to my goal weight!"

Firegirl631 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello all, 3rd time writing. Just got back from the Dr. I did my 1st dose on June 19, weighed 266lb, followed the dosing schedule, lost 11 lbs in 17 days. This drug is awesome and no side effects at all. Very happy with the results. Will continue until I reach my goal of at losing another 30 pounds.. My ideal weight for my height is 180 lbs but I would look sick and wouldn't go that far down. I was once 220 lbs and looked decent. With this drug, it will be a breeze. Also, I walk about 8 km a day and I barely eat. Sugar cravings are gone finally and need to pump out all the crap out of my liver until it functions back a 100%, then the weight will melt off. Happier than I can explain...to all you who are feeling discouraged, be patient."

Hello all... (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "5'6" white female with very sedentary career and lifestyle. Fighting weight issues, in hindsight, not since high school and college (because I was at ideal weight) but since my first child in 1993 and fighting issues with edema in my left leg after the birth (c section) of my 2nd child in 1998. I decided that as I, at my heaviest at 265 really need to lose weight. I began my saxenda journey with my youngest daughter (who also struggles with weight) on May 22 I lost 20 pounds the first month and currently at 30 pounds lost. I have absolutely no side affects. Unfortunately my daughter has not been so lucky - she has had severe nausea but has been able to lose 18 pounds; as a college student her schedule of taking it has been inconsistently"

Mphsflynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been on Saxenda a little over 2 weeks now and I'm down 8 pounds today. I'm very pleased. The side effects are manageable and the appetite suppression is wonderful. I've been walking most nights for 1/2 hour. I hope to lose 60 more pounds and get close to my goal weight by Christmas. Good luck everyone"

GretaGrape (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started this four weeks ago and I have lost 14lbs. I have tried different weight loss programs and nothing would work. Then my doctor said that is one he recommends and I am so glad."

Liz66 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Been on saxenda for a week now and can't wait to increase the dosage tomorrow. Haven't lost any kgs as yet. Only had mild nausea couple of time and upset tummy for one day only but lots of muscle pain though. I only have been doing little bit of walking everyday but eating much less than what I used to. Am a female at 80kgs (176 lb) at the moment... hoping to lose at least 10kgs (22lb)by the end of the year. Very expensive for me but if it works then will be worth every cent...will update soon. All the best to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Started Saxenda with dr.-approved diet 9/9/16. By 11/30/16 was down 26lbs and happy. Have been maintaining between 1-3 lbs of goal. Still taking daily injections. My insurance didn't cover & I paid $1300 the 1st time. Thankfully we learned my husband's insurance covers so now I pay a $35 co-pay. I've never reached max dose of 3 mg. Gone to 2.4 mg a few times but get nauseous. Dose alternates between 1.2 mg - 1.8 mg. Cravings are much easier to control. I eat what I want, but in moderation. Haven't stayed consistent with exercise though except for walking. Before Saxenda I tried everything for 4 years but nothing worked and I gained more weight each time. I'm age 51, 4'11, 110."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started saxenda on May 21, by June 23 I have lost 20 lbs. I walk 3 to 4 times a week about a hour and I stopped drinking sodas. I just got my refill today I hope the next 20 come off as easy."

Catbyrd July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started on May 25th with Saxenda and Contrave. To date I have lost 19 lbs. I'm 5'2 3/4 and weighed 185. I'm so happy with the results. Only side effects so far is Nausea if I take Contrave on empty stomach I get constipation. Sadly I work as as a weekend nurse and when I work my bowels decide to work which is so inconvenient. I really need to walk more during the week to keep "things going." I really have NO appetite at all and am now eating to live. It is so hard to force myself to eat, but if I don't I get really sick."

Falconwidow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I am 24 and for years I have struggled with my weight. It wasn't super serious until I got in a relationship- I gained nearly 40kg in under a year. At my heaviest I was 116kg. I see a personal trainer, go to Zumba, and I thought I was eating well- nothing helped me shed the weight. I got tested for thyroid issues and PCOS- neither explained my inability to shed the Kgs. I started this drug about 17 days ago. My starting weight was 106.7kg- I now weigh 100.4kg. It has completely changed how I view food, what I crave, and made me realise that whilst the foods I was previously eating were good foods, I was eating far too much because my body had forgotten how to recognise true hunger. I am so excited- it is so worth the money. 10/10!!!"

Fat24 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Hello I started sAxenda June 19,2017 been on it for about two weeks now I dropped 8 pounds from 259lb to 251lb . I am at 1.2 right now and I feel absolutely great. I didn't get to nauseous or anything. I m hoping to drop 20lb by the end of this month and lucky me my insurance pays for it nothing out of my pocket"

Flower310 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda since 5/5/17. 20lbs gone, losing very slowly. I work out hard 5-6 days a week. I slowly increased my dosage because it made me so nauseous. I started dosing at night which helped. If I eat a large or fatty evening meal, I would get sick in the morning. Overall I only threw up about 4 or 5 times. Finally at the 3.0 dosage after 3 months. Now I have no side effects at all. I read that other's side effects disappeared at 3.0. Wish I didn't increase so slowly. I had muscle pain in my right side which took a couple of weeks to go away. I have muscle pain in my right neck, it's getting better but occasionally hurts. My Dr. told me that muscle pains are a side effect. Will see how it continues to help."

Kitcat3sn9 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have been overweight for years. As a last resort, I tried Saxenda. I have taken the drug on and off for 6 months and lost 36 pounds! I eat a lot less thanks to this. I exercise more but I don't think that has anything to do with the medicine. The worst side effect is nausea. After being on the meds a few months my stomach gets irritated from the injection."

Mommytryingtogetherbodback (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started on June 16th with a starting weight of 243.8lb . Before I started saxenda I tried the Keto diet and had a bit of a jump start as my starting weight before that was 251.6lb. I haven't had many side effects every now and then I get a bad case of nausea but not everyday like I had expected from what the doctor said. I will up my dose again this Friday which marks my two weeks from start. As of today I am 241.2lb so I have lost 2.6 lbs since I started the injections. Hoping for more I do need to start incorporating exercise which I'm hoping will help. I'll update again soon!"

Lauren4988 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda on 6/1/17. I titrated the dose as prescribed. The first day I was overcome by chills and severe nausea. I had to sit down on a walk with my husband. I had a salad and pizza, ate my normal portion, but felt very ill afterwards I continued the 0.6 mg for a week and lost 5lbs. If I hadn't seen a significant weight loss, I doubt I would have continued this medication. I increased my medication and switched injecting in the morning to the evening, which helped me sleep through the side effects of nausea, sweats, shaking. It also helped me reduce my 3 cups of coffee to one and a much smaller breakfast than usual. End of week two, 12 lbs down. I'm on week 3, I've lost a total of 21 lbs and counting. I do go to the gym 3 days per week"

Skatergurl (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "6/26/17 - update: on Saxenda for 4 weeks and I have lost 15 pounds so far!! So excited on 2.4mg right now. I haven't gone up again yet because I am afraid I won't have an appetite at all. Now I can only eat small portions but I am making sure I am getting all of my nutrients. will update again in a few weeks. good luck everyone."

punkin322 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "June 26th, 2017- update - so I have been on the Saxenda for a month now. My dosage is up to 2.4mg and after one month I have lost 15 pounds! I am so excited and folks are noticing that I am losing weight. No really bad side effects at all, the occasional upset stomach but that is really just feeling full and not wanting to eat. I am making sure that I am taking in enough nutrients because I am not taking in the amount of of calories that my doctor want. She put me on a 1500 calorie diet and I am eating about half of that"

punkin322 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I've been on Saxenda for weight loss for one month today. I've lost 14 pounds. I have very little appetite and feel satiated quickly. My cravings are gone. I average 1200 calories a day without ever feeling uncomfortably hungry. This is all a complete 180 for me. I exercise 5 times per week pretty intensely but did so before the medication. I did experience some of the gastro side effects but they were all manageable. I see no reason to not reach my goal of losing another 44 pounds, hopefully before the end of the year."

jrp827 June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been on this medicine for only 2 weeks and have loss 13 pounds. It has totally cut my urge of wanting high carb foods and desserts. It also has not only cut my portions but I have been able to focus on eating proteins, fruits and veggies while eating good carbs but keeping them at minimum portions. The downside is I find myself a little more emotional than usual and my stomach has been hurting more since l've increased my dosage from 0.6 to 1.2 mg. I truly don't think I need to increase it additionally and will contact my physician to see if I can remain at 1.2 mg. The other downside is that insurance sometimes give a hard time paying for this medicine and it is approximately $1200 per month otherwise."

Katkin25 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017