User Reviews for Saxenda

Obesity
7.7

Summary of Saxenda reviews 7.8 940 reviews

Reviews for Saxenda

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda for 10 days and am following the dosing exactly as prescribed so I am 3 days into 1.2. Insurance covered most of the cost. I haven't experienced nausea, burping, or any of the other symptoms I have seen described. But I have a complete loss of appetite. I am 53 years old, female, 5 foot 2 inches, and started at 179 pounds. When I weighed myself a few days ago, I was down to 172. I have, however, experienced a sadness over the complete loss of joy in eating. I don't know if that makes sense, but it is a struggle for me. I can't even imagine eating chocolate, soda, or anything "bad" for you."

Mrs.D (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Obesity "I’m 61 and 280 lbs when I started six weeks ago . I’m impressed with the weight loss of an average of 2 -3 lbs a week . I don’t exercise much but will soon start now that I’m motivated with beginning to drop LBs . I was fine with no side affects ramping up as suggested by the manufacturer until I reached 2.2 and then had major nausea I slowed my ramp up increasing levels every two weeks now at 3.0 and occasionally feeling nauseous but tolerable but lately I’ve dealt with major burping. And I’ve felt exhausted up till the last few days. I’m not hungry and fill up with smaller meals I do have to force myself to drink enough water and ice tea where before I was always thirsty."

Life long tub (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Obesity "Lost 20 pounds the first 2 months. Have been on Saxenda for 2 yrs, haven't lost another pound. The price is EXORBITANT and to date, have not found insurance that would cover any of the cost. The Saxenda website coupon will only cover UP TO $200 and each pen costs $250 and only covers 6 days' worth of medicine. So you end up paying $50.07 every 6 days for one pen and a lot of hassle because to get down to this price, it requires first being charged $1037.00 for 5 pens, spending no less than 2 hours on the phone debating. Tried getting Saxenda from Marks Marine Pharmacy in Canada. They charge $499.99, so basically $500.00 for a box of 5 pens, so 30 days' worth of medicine. $500 is still pricey for 30 days coverage of a maintenance medication that didn't help me lose the full amount of weight I needed to lose AND requires daily injection of a shot into areas of fat that leaves bruising. You be the judge."

Lolly (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2019

For Obesity "I have been on just under 2 weeks. I don’t have any side effects. My stomach only wants light foods now and the thought of fast food like McDonald’s makes me want to barf. All meat actually. So needless to say eating has become difficult. I’m not hungry and only on 0.6 daily in tummy. Yesterday I couldn’t think of anything I would be willing to eat. So I got some rocket goat cheese and avacado with a nice dressing. I felt there was too much dressing and couldn’t eat it after 2 bites. That was my meal for yesterday. I did get up at 12am out of boredom and make a protein shake. That hit the spot. I’ll have a another today and go on liquid diet I think. I’m also doing keto so choices are even slimmer. I’m down 8kg from keto in 2.5 months and from Saxenda I’m not sure maybe I’ll attribute 2kg to it."

Jomamamama (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda 3/22/19. I am 5'3" 44 years old and starting weight was 162.4. I workout 5-7 days per week and eat a very healthy diet. My metabolism just hasn't been working in my favor so I reached out to my NP and got started on Saxenda. To date, I have lost 7.8 pounds in ONE WEEK!!! I do get some headaches, fatigue, thirsty all the time and had 2 days of nausea without vomiting. I find eating a rice cake with peanut butter first thing in the morning coats my stomach and then small meals throughout the day to keep the nausea away. I am very pleased with results thus far and am looking forward to more weight shedding off. I increased my dose today to 1.2 mg. I am an RN and a huge promoter of exhausting all options first, like eating a healthy diet and exercising. Saxenda is best, in my opinion, for people who work hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and just need a boost."

L (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

For Weight Loss "I have used saxenda for a week with no side effects whatsoever Lost 5 lb and was feeling great Upped my dose to 1.2 and the nausea and fatigue jumped in Feeling terrible once feeling ok will revert to 0.6 dose"

Suky (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Obesity "This is a dream come true.. honest..I started Saxenda 3 days ago, the first day appetite was normal, yesterday I had zero appetite, none.. I had to force myself to eat 216 calories for breakfast and couldn't eat a thing the rest of the day or night( I usually eat 4x a normal person and ALL DAY LONG). Today same thing only I only could eat 180 cals then had energy to work out for 2 hours straight and tread mill (its been a long time since I've used my home gym) I haven't eaten again today and since I burned 160 cals doing that I technically ate 20 cals today!!! I'm usually a 3000 - 5000 cal a day person. Plus I drink wine every day and Saxenda it took away that craving as well. I'm down 5 lbs in 3 days, this is crazy awesome, zero side effects also. I'm praying it lasts. I'm on 0.6 for the dose and not going to increase at all unless I start getting hungry. This is better than the best xmas morning I've ever had.. lol ps I'm 5'3" and 220lbs"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Obesity "I cannot comment on how effective Saxenda is as I just cannot get past the nausea and tiredness so I'm stopping just 12 days in. I know it works for some people but I'm not willing to put up with the side effects."

Ollypoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

For Obesity "I have been on saxenda for a month now. I am losing weight but developed this bumpy/hive rash all over my arms and legs that itches severely. I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or not. Has anyone else experienced this? I went to a walk in clinic and they said it was a viral rash and will go away on it's own. I told them the only new drug I was on was saxenda and they said it wasn't from that. I think I may go off for a few days to see if that helps. Otherwise saxenda has been great! No other side effects and I am losing weight. I guess I'll see what happens when I go off of it"

Labchic97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2019

For Obesity "Suppressed my appetite for 1 week started 0.6mg then increased by each week nothing! after spending 200 quid on 2 pens lost about 6lb."

lissycossie March 24, 2019

For Obesity "I had the best results with this drug ever. I have worked out and restricted calorie intake all of my life and weight loss has been anon stop battle. This is a miracle drug. I look great, it changed the way I look and feel."

betterlookingnow (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2019

For Weight Loss "I am only on day 4 using Saxenda. I started at 216lbs and in 4 days am down 4 pounds to 212lbs. I am 49 years old and 5'4". I have had no side effects at all and have started walking 5km per day. I don't feel a loss of appetite so I'm not really sure if the Saxenda is working. I will see once I increase the dose. Cost for me here in Windsor, Ontario was $438 for one month. I should add I am also following a keto meal plan and had lost 35lbs last winter doing just keto and walking every day but when I stopped walking in the winter I put back 20lbs. So my endocrinologist told me to try Saxenda. I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and had lost 150lbs but gained some back when I hit menopause, my dad died and I quit smoking all at the same time. Hoping to lose 40lbs or maybe a bit more. I really am glad I have no side effects yet at the same time it makes me wonder if it's working for me like it should"

MzG (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

For Obesity "Saxenda stops food cravings. Sweets can make you feel sick as well. I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks and my calorie intake ranges between 1100 to 1800 calories per day. I'm 5'6" tall and my starting weight with Saxenda was 185 pounds. I will admit that I have not been exercising and I clearly need to each day as my weight loss could have been much greater than what it currently is. Side Effects of Saxenda (for me) was nausea, slight headaches, and the feeling of nausea when eating anything sweet, and severe constipation. My Provider advised me to take one cap full of Miralax with 8oz of water each day to keep the constipation at bay. No constipation after beginning this daily regiment. The PCP that I see is taking blood and running full panels at the 8 week mark to make sure my body is handling the Saxenda, as it does cause cancer and other complications. My labs will be drawn on 4/2/19 and I'm very hopeful that everything looks GREAT!"

LABUTTR (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

For Obesity "I've been on Saxenda for eight days so far to help me loose weight. I just upped my dosage from 0.6 to 1.2mg and I can honestly say I've only had one day of NOT feeling nauseous and extremely tired with an ever-present vile metallic taste in my mouth. It's been very difficult to function so I would think twice before trying this drug if you have a demanding lifestyle. I've stuck to a fairly healthy diet - calorie controlled, fairly low fat with a wide range of foods but small portions and no eating after 7pm and LOTS of water. Weight loss has been slow but acceptable and I am going to stick to as low a dose as possible as I am convinced my tiredness and nausea can only get worse on the higher doses. You really have to try hard to re-educate yourself how to eat on any diet and this medication is no exception so pooping after over-eating, as one user has reported, doesn't surprise me."

Ollypoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Weight Loss "My doctor gave me a sample kit of Saxenda and it worked wonderfully. I almost completely had no appetite and would eat because I knew that I needed to do so. I had my doctor call in a prescription for the medication and I am so disappointed that the cost for a 50 day supply is $1459 and even with the savings card it still cost over $1200 and of course my health insurance does not cover it. It is really sad that this company has such a great product but it is priced out of range for the average consumer. Like Saxenda but cant' afford Saxenda "

Leila (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Obesity "I started saxenda 0.6 I week ago 13/03/19 I can't believe how my sweet craving has gone and my appetite too. I had headache and nausea to start for the first couple of days but it was ok. I'm very happy has I have lost 5lbs in my first week staying on ,0.6 for now I also feel better in myself been will continue"

Misspoppy (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Weight Loss "I began using Saxenda in October 2018 for weight loss. While I'm not obese, I've put on a few pounds over the last several years & it's been hard to shed them due to an underactive thyroid. After trying other weight loss methods, my doctor suggested Saxenda. I lost 10 pounds in the first month. It's the end of March & I'm down 16 pounds. I had severe side effects the first week, but due the tech incorrectly teaching me & I had increased my dose to quickly in the first week. I reduced the amount & slowly worked up to the 3 mg. I haven't had many issues. The worst was the constipation but I offset it with psyllium husk fiber. I have to limit alcohol to once a week. I never ate fatty foods, but now I basically cannot eat high fat foods. I also found that drinking more water helped ease symptoms, especially constipation. I track my food with Weight Watchers. I can track any symptoms to what I ate during the day. I am pleased with Saxenda & recommend it to anyone having trouble with weight loss."

CountryGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

For Obesity "I had a GBS [Gastric band/bypass surgery ?] 20 years ago. I lost 150 lbs but regained 100. Because of my weight gain, my new PCP referred me to a bariatric doctor. I was prescribed Saxendra. My insurance covered the entire cost with the exception of a $35 copay. I administered my first dose (0.6) on 3/14 and my 2nd on 3/15. I had NO appetite nor did I even think about food. I had already lost 2 lbs. On 3/16 I held off on the 3rd dose until after I spoke with my doctor again. I was really worried about the cancer risks. Later that day here comes the side effects. Diarrhea, intense stomach pain and nausea for two days and counting. I've taken Immodium that seemed to do the trick but when it wears off the side effects begin again whenever I eat something. I'm on a very restricted diet so it's not that. I just completed my 1st month on a diet program and lost 15 lbs without meds. I'm about to try Pepto Bismol and fluids because I'm now dehydrated. Yes I lost 2 pounds in 2 days but was it worth it?"

Cathy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

For Obesity "I have been on saxenda for 3 weeks, going in to my 4th. Just started on my 1.8 dose. I started off at 198 lbs and am now at 186 lbs. 12 lbs in 3 weeks isn’t bad. Exercising about 2-3 times a week. But stay physically active at work all day. Eating pretty much the same stuff, when I do eat. Suppresses my appetite so much that I have to remind myself to eat sometimes. I had 1 night of vomiting about a week ago. But other then that, no real side affects. I do have a little diarrhea here and there. I see it as a good thing though, cleaning out the bad stuff. Pretty pleased overall. My insurance covers all but $20 of the script, so that is good too. Will continue to update. Hope to lose at least 26-31 more lbs."

Slogan79 (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

For Weight Loss "Just completed week 2 and I have lost 4lb. This medicine has curbed my cravings for bad foods. I have a sweet tooth so don't need to be hungry to eat sweet foods however I gorged on chocolate the other day and had to stop because I was going to be sick. I'm due to go up to 1.8 tomorrow but I'm tempted to stay where I am because I'm afraid of I go up I wont be able to eat at all. 4lb might not be a great loss but having a desk job and minimal exercise I'm not complaining. Just wish it helped with wine cravings. Will check back in next week. Xx"

Van123 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Obesity "I started yesterday. Didn’t feel a thing doing injection. Was super confused if one click equals 0.6 I don’t know but that’s what I did. Well today I pooped myself. It was even on the floor. It was like a sludge. So bizarre came out if no where. I’m sure it’s the drug as this has never happened before. So be mindful of this. It can happen without you even knowing. I ate crazy lunch yesterday then didn’t want dinner. Had sweet craving and did some sugar free choc as I’m on keto also. Today I don’t want to eat any at all. Cost me $150 AUD for two 3mg pens."

Yomama (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Weight Loss "So, started Saxenda Dec 31, 2018 I am 45 yrs old, 5' 3" starting weight 193lb. It is 3/15/2019 I now weigh 165lb. I toggle between doses. My body cannot handle 3mg dose. I get sulfur burps, hard stomach pains, constipation then loose stools. I am talking worse than the flu sick. I cannot drink wine or fatty foods. That's a good thing. If I watch what I eat and small portions things are good. Mess up and the food will sit in your stomach. Slow gastric emptying really stinks. Zofran has helped with the nausea. I will remain on Saxenda until I cannot tolerate the symptoms. I am a nurse we make really bad patients. Listen to your body. Eat right! Good luck"

Kimmie March 15, 2019

For Obesity "March 22/19 is my 5th month on Saxenda and I'm down 70 pounds. I followed the directions in the box. I was sick with nausea and I was so tired. I started exercising a little each day. I lasted 6 minutes on the treadmill my first day. I included healthy eating too. I treadmill for 2 hours a day now. Not all at once! Saxenda is not a miracle weight loss - you need to make an effort by eating healthy and exercising. You will get hungry on Saxenda you need to make the right choice on what you eat when you are hungry."

Christy March 15, 2019

For Obesity "I started saxendra due to my weight at 101kg (173cm tall). Been on it for 2 months and I have lost 12kg, down to 89kg. No side effects. Only a little bit of nausea the first few days. I feel fantastic. I see an exercise physiologist every 2 weeks for my workout plan (currently 4x hard 30 min walking and 2x weight training). Food: Barely hungry. I track everything I eat, all my exercises, steps, weight (with a Fitbit). I still drink alcohol, and eat ice cream/chocolate, but in moderation and the calories are counted (average 1400 a day). If I know I'm having a big night I will eat less through the day so I can have more calories at night. Some weekends I end up with 2200 calories a day but I enjoy those, I need them and am still in calorie deficit over the week because of my exercise. If you don't exercise, just track your calories. Know how much you're burning vs. how much you're eating and be in calorie deficit."

Sa S March 14, 2019

For Weight Loss "I started the Saxenda jabs last Tuesday to lose weight, and I’ve lost a total of 7lb in just under two weeks. I’ve gone from 0.6 dose to 0.9 as I don’t feel I needed to increase that much. The only downside I’m having is not being hungry at all and I have zero motivation and I’m always tired. I’ve had minor acid reflux and a severe vomiting attack last night but that was it."

HRM (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019