User Reviews for Saxenda

Learn more about Saxenda.

Weight Loss 68 reviews 44 medications

8.1
Obesity 237 reviews 62 medications

7.6
Summary of Saxenda reviews 305 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "March 2016 I started to take Saxenda, starting weight was 198 lb. now March 2017 my weight is 110 lb. After realizing the best time to take Saxenda was at night before going to bed it helped with all side effects. It's all about trial and era. Some foods don't sit to well and weight loss has slowed down but on an overall experience it's been great I would recommend this to anybody needing help to kick start the weight loss. One thing that must be done to help along the progress is working out. In the beginning I walked everywhere. Now I run a few times a week to maintain the weight. It's a never ending cycle but can be managed with time and effort. Good luck to you all."

Dede 1 March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Been on saxenda for two weeks , no side effect and no weight loss. I have been exercising by walking 45-1 hour. Frustrated."

Kisavira (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started taking Saxenda on December 27, 2016. For the first three or four weeks I struggled to beat the nausea and "full" feeling. I questioned if losing weight was worth being THAT miserable - however I pushed through. It's now March 21, 2017 and I have lost 23lbs. I have reduced my caloric intake and have increased my daily exercise. I am hoping to meet a goal that I have had set for years. In high school I gained 52lbs in seven months from birth control. Since then I struggled with weight loss and ended up at 233lbs (the most I have ever weighed). I was miserable and tried exercise, dieting and everything else yet nothing worked. This medication so far has helped me set goals and reach them. I'll update in three months!"

aalford31 March 21, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've been on Saxenda for 1 week so far @ 0.6mg. I've lost 4lbs. I've had no side effects, only thing I can say is that my mouth is dry and I'm thirsty more than usual. Otherwise no side effects, I take the injection around 7pm-9pm. Last night I just upped the dose to 1.2mg and I'm more thirsty so I just carry a large water bottle with me now."

Anonymous March 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity " began with the minimum 0.6 mg dose of Saxenda on 9 February and increased by the same amount every 7 days. My appetite disappeared but the acid indigestion was horrible.I also felt tired, lethargic and dizzy most of the time. After 3 weeks, I decided to increase the dosage every 14 days instead, which helped. I'm now steady at 2.4 mgs. The side effects have disappeared, except for the fatigue. I wear a Fitbit and try to do 5,000 steps per day. Cardio is out of the question; I'm just too tired but I have lost 5kgs (approx 12lbs). I feel and look so much better. I've started getting an itchy rash at the injection sites. Fatty or sugary food is repulsive; I can easily eat less than 1,000 cals / day."

Carambar March 18, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda on 03/14/2017 as of today I am down 3lbs. Still new to this, I inject around 7pm based on the reviews I have seen. I sleep well at night..The first day I experience a little nausea but other than that haven't experience any of the other side effects. I will check back in a couple weeks from now"

beautifulsmiles79 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started Saxenda on March 3, 2017 starting weight 214 lbs. at .6 mg on March 10, 2017 I increased my dosage to 1.2 mg. and noticed some side effects abdominal pain, burping, constipation, decreased appetite and tiredness. When I woke up today I felt sick on my stomach and vomit for the first time, one the side effects decreased I started feeling better, but notice my appetite is very low. I can barely eat any foods. I have lost more then 8 lbs with in 2 weeks. I contacted my doctor who recommended that I don't increase my dosage, and I am under care with an nutritionist who has me on low carbohydrate diet of 135 carbs, per day. I am happy that this drug is working, but has some concerns feeling tired."

teenie17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been on Saxenda for 5 weeks now . I have lost 15 pounds. I take my injections at 7pm every night. I wanted to avoid the side effects by taking it at night. The nausea has been really bad for the past week, since I have been on 3mg. Zofran has helped. I find I do have to take a Laxative to aid with the constipation. I'm happy it is working . A long journey ahead."

Babynurse60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Saxenda has been a miracle drug for me! I started on March 4 at 0.6 dosage weighing in at 208 in my doctors office. Currently taking 1.2 dosage and weighing in at 194. My appetite is totally suppressed, don't look or care for food! Where have you been all my life?! Initial side effects were tiredness and dry mouth. Injections are easy to give and I have no bruising. Will check in again with updates next week!"

Meliemel March 16, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda for two weeks. First week dose at .6 I experienced nausea and vomiting. Not a good experience. I had to work from home. I learned to take it in the morning after I got to work. Second week I upped my dose to 1.2 and went through terrible nausea and vomiting. My blood pressure is also skyrocketing and face is completely red. I am very bloated and uncomfortable. Do not think this drug is for me."

Donna Y March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've been on Saxenda for 4 months and only lost 14 pounds in this drug. It costs me $450 a month and the results at first went like this month one 6 pounds weight loss, month 2 two pound weight loss, month 3 six pound weight loss and month 4 nothing! Weight stayed the same. Before taking it I was in a calorie reduced diet that had me losing 2-3 pounds a month so that would average out to 10 pounds in 4 months. I don't think the weight loss difference is worth the $450 a month."

Cassandra701 March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "*UPDATE* I have now been on Saxenda since Feb 19th and on March the 9th, I had lost a total of 12 lbs in 19 days!!! Now March the 13th Day (23 days on Saxenda) I am still at the 12 lbs weight loss.. but I am sure by Friday I will have lost at least 5 more lbs , I ate the most today that I have eaten since I started and that is 1116 calories and 95 carbs. This is still very good, I was just more hungry today than usual, I believe I will up my dose to 2.4 tonight, I have been rotating between 1.4 and 1.8. Look forward to giving more updates soon!! Also if your insurance does not cover it, you can go to the Saxenda web site and get a coupon, even if your insurance covers it, this coupon savings card will have you pay only 25$ a prescription!"

Jmoyer79 March 14, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started 02/20/17 with a sample from the Dr office. My insurance covered it, but I still have to pay $100 for a month's supply and $30 for the needles. I take the shots at night to reduce the side effects. Only time I feel queasy is the morning after I up my dose. I just upped it to 2.4, next week I'll be on the full dose of 3. I am a lot more tired more often. I sleep great at night. I have been able to skip breakfast and supper and not go to bed hungry. I can't eat as much in one sitting either, I get full a lot quicker. So far I've lost 6lbs, but I think this will work great since I'm not hungry very often. My problem is sweets and I don't crave them anymore. (they still taste good if I eat them!) Will update again."

SunnySmiles77 March 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda since 1/31/17 and only have lost 7 pounds, the last 3 weeks not 1 pound, side effects bad constipation , disappointed with the drug !!"

Mattjill (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "This is my 3rd week and I have lost about 11lbs with no side effects yet. Saxenda is the best I have ever tried."

Mookie35 March 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started on Saxenda on February 14, 2017. My weight was 295 lbs, I am 6'3" tall and 55 years of age. Today it is March 8, 2017. When I began using this product I experienced some sickness, itching and I was very tired however the appetite suppression effect was immediate. As such, I modified my diet to include more healthy and "weight loss friendly" foods. I also upped my doses every 4 days instead of every week as recommended. I am very pleased to announce today that all of the symptoms except the itching have resolved themselves. I have been on a full, 3.0 dose since March 2nd. At this time I am 281.2 lbs, which is down about 14 pounds. My goal is a 50 pound weight reduction and I feel that with Saxenda this is a very realistic goal."

Rob1961 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been taking saxenda for just over two weeks and I'm on the 1.2 ml dose. I have had no nausea apart from the first dose but after the 11th day I have noticed a rash on my tummy that doesn't want to go away (very itchy) has anyone experienced a rash from using saxenda? I have lost 2 kilos in 2 weeks."

A.D. March 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I've been on Saxenda for 1 month. I was up to 1.8 mg when I started to feel more than just one or two side effects. I was feeling tired, had a lot of gas, felt dizzy and just not well. Because I had done so well the first month, I am not giving up on Saxenda. I talked to the Saxenda team and was informed that some people do not increase their dose every week. I decided to stop taking it for just a couple of days so I could feel better. I began again at .6 mg and am feeling better. I can work out again and continue with my busy life. I keep a food journal and try to stay around 1300 calories a day. There is no sense in trying to do this and not be aware of eating healthy habits because at some time, one will come off the medication."

Terry Lu March 7, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda for a week and a half. In this time the only side effect I've had is constipation. The injections don't hurt, and I've only had 1 small bruise. I don't know how much I've lost as I'm waiting to see my doctor for my check up, but I know I've lost it as I can see it. So far I would recommend it to anyone. Another great thing, this doesn't react with any other medicine. Therefore I have been taking it with Champix to give up cigarettes. I have not felt like eating to counteract the cravings, and have been smoke free for 2 days (I've smoked for 25 years so this is a big milestone)."

Laura19801985 March 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have been on saxenda for almost a year now and have been doing very well. I have been eating one plate of food instead of three. You have to drink plenty of water to flush the toxins out of your body. You have to limit wine to only 5 oz. per day because if you drink too much while taking the saxenda, the saxenda has no effect on the weight loss."

Hov422 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "Been on saxenda for a week. And lost 8 pounds. Was little constipated, a little sleepy, and not my normal appetite. So far I am pleased. Can't wait to see what happens in future."

Carykeila (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I am a pharmacist so I did a lot of research on Saxenda before deciding to try it. I have tried other weight loss medication before without any benefit, just side effects. I have taken Saxenda for 2 and a half weeks, I have lost 6 lbs. I’m doing a slower titration on the dose 0.6 x 14 days then up to 1.2mg for the last few days. The day I increased the dose to 1.2mg I felt bloated and burped all day long- I hardly ate a thing! I felt much better the second day. My biggest concern is I can not afford it! I got 1 sample pen from my doc, she has another waiting for me to pick up. My insurance will not cover it. The cost for a month supply is $1198! That is $14,376/year! Who can afford that? I guess the sample will be my last use."

Drmarya March 4, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I have had a 30lb weight gain since May of last year, so I finally was able to get Saxenda prescribed to me! And I am thrilled! I just finished my 2nd week and I have lost NINE POUNDS in 12 days! This is with NO excercise other than normal walking at work and house cleaning. It has curbed my appetite I have been keeping a daily food journal , I am on dose 1.2 and have a VERY hard time eating more than 800 to 900 calories a day and keeping my carb intake under 90 or less. Of course the low calories are the largest part of the weight loss. I have found that Saxenda has given me the ability to walk right past any snacks , I am excited to be on this journey! Will give an update on weight next week."

Jmoyer79 March 4, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity "I started Saxenda 2 weeks ago had only 1 day of side effects. I can say I like the results and have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks."

Milla Milla March 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda on 1-12-17 and as of 2-27-17, I have lost 16 pounds. My insurance will not cover this medication so I am not able to afford it at the full dose. I have been taking 1.2 mg daily due to cost. Seems to be working ok for me at this dose and I have had no bad side effects. I have lots of trouble losing weight and seem to have finally found something that works and my insurance will not cover it. :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017