User Reviews for Saxenda

Saxenda has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 1,288 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Obesity
7.6
Weight Loss
7.6
Summary of Saxenda reviews 7.6 1,288 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Saxenda

Lost in Space · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2021

For Obesity: “In week 4 of taking Saxenda & on 2.4 daily dose. Felt ok most days. No side effects. Appetite is zero & some days am struggling to eat 500/600 calories. Some days only 100/200 calories. Drink lots of water. I’m keeping food diary. However despite walking for an hour every night & following very limited food intake. I’ve gained 3lbs!! Very disheartening & think if there’s no significant by end of week 5 I’ll be stopping.”

So happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started Saxenda two and a half moths ago, and I have lost 32 pounds. I am very lucky that I had very minimal side effects. I had some headaches at the beginning but they were manageable. I am up to the 3 ml dose, and I am happy with the results so far.”

CorStone · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started using Saxenda on the 16th of June 2021. I started with 0.6mg for two weeks and then upped my dose to 1.2mg per day. I have lost 5.6kg (12lbs) thus far. I feel great, my appetite is almost non-existent. The only problem is that I still crave sugar during my menstrual cycle and I am constipated. I still have 20kg (44lbs) to go and I am hoping that the constipation and sugar cravings will dissipate soon.”

Bassgirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started taking Saxenda April 2019. I was 273 lbs, lost over 90 lbs and am still keeping it off. It is a whole different life for me. I used to avoid going down the stairs to do laundry, but now don't even think about it. We got a 66 lb dog and I walk him twice a day and get in 6000 to 10000 steps a day. I am very thankful to my P.A. for telling me about it. I really lost 1/3 of my weight. I have been off Saxenda for about a year now.”

lbdd13 June 3, 2021

For Obesity: “I am currently in week 3. I have lost 14 pounds. The side effects have been minimal, and are a little stronger on a day that I increase dosage. The notable side effects are a light nausea when it is time to eat, or after a meal in which I have eaten more than I should. I am incredibly pleased with the results of this medication. I feel good, and my stamina for exercise has increased. My blood pressure has dropped significantly, so my doctor and I reduced my blood pressure medication by half. My cravings for sugar are non-existent. I carefully consider what I am eating. I try to get in fruits and vegetables, but if there is pizza at my house, I just eat a few bites. I encourage anyone who needs this medicine to try it!! Giving yourself an injection is actually easy. The needle is so small, you barely feel it. I don't write reviews normally, but I feel very strongly about this option for weight loss.”

Sweet pea girl March 7, 2021

For Obesity: “Started October19/2020. First three months side effects were nausea and acid reflux. At about 2 months in constipation was bad. Started eating all bran every morning and taking 1flora lax daily and the constipation went away in two weeks. Almost 4 months in all side effects are gone, so my body got used to the drug. Started at 201lb, BMI 34. Now 165lb, BMI 29. I am 62 years old and thought I could not lose weight any more because of severe food addiction . I think this drug has helped with readjusting my metabolism. Words can never explain the pure joy I feel inside. I should have went to see my DR. A long time ago to talk about weight loss. I used to eat ALL of the time, even get up at night to eat. Not any more!”

Ttteee February 26, 2021

For Obesity: “I've been on saxenda for seven days. My starting weight was 186.4, and today I'm 181, that's >5lbs in one week! I have had very, very mild nausea for a few minutes after the first dose, unusual taste in my mouth, I'm incredibly thirsty and have a dry mouth. I have lost my appetite and only feel the need to eat around dinner time. At this point, I have a nutritious soup and a slice of brown sourdough. If I still feel hungry, I will eat some plain chicken breast pieces. This is very strange for me as I am usually constantly hungry or obsessing over the next meal. I was very much a binge eater in the evenings, but I have lost all cravings. An unexpected bonus, I've not felt the need to drink alcohol or coffee. I used wine as emotional support, sometimes drinking a bottle a night, but I've not felt any urge to drink at all. I had a glass the other day out of habit, and it lasted me all evening; I'm pleased to say that I didn't enjoy it very much!!! Best of luck, everyone.”

Erica · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I’ve been on Saxenda since 1/5/21 and I have lost 40 pounds in two months! This is a miracle drug! I’ve been trying to lose weight for years now because I gained SO much weight in college. You can say I definitely gained the “freshman 50”. Once I graduated college in 2013 I tried every kind of diet from WW to Jenny Craig to diet shakes and that never worked. My mom told me about this injection and it’s honestly changed my life! I definitely recommend this injection if you have a really hard time loosing weight. I will say you definitely need to exercise for 30 minutes at least twice a week but you don’t have to do more than that. I am so happy and feel so great! I wish you all the best of luck, you won’t regret it!!!!”

Happy January 2, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started Saxenda on Oct. 15, 2020 and have easily lost 20 pounds. I have remained on the initial dose of 0.6 because any higher dosage and I was horribly nauseous and vomiting. Most notable for anyone who enjoys cocktails and wine (not to excess) is that I have almost an aversion to this. Smaller meals, no need to snack, increased walking and I feel great. 10 more pounds to go and not in any hurry. The fact that I can achieve these results at the lowest dosage also makes me happy!”

BigSmoke999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started using Saxenda on June 2. I am 43 years old and my starting was 87.8kg. My height is 172 cm and I’m very athletic. For the past to years my weight started to slowly escalate from 73 kg to 87.8 kg . I’m not sure if that is due to hypothyroidism or age but in either case I wasn’t very happy because no matter how much I was working out or dieting, my would would increase . My doctor recommended Saxenda and honestly it’s been the best thing that ever happened to me. I just started my 1.2 dose and to date I have lost 4 kg (9 days) My appetite decreased dramatically, I basically drink lots of fluids ( juice and water) and bread is strictly out of the menu… I don’t crave it at all! I hope to get back to my ideal weight (70kg). I can’t wait to get my old body back ❤️. I will post another update soon”

Tired of being fat · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2021

For Obesity: “I started Saxenda 1/17/21. I am up to the 2.4 dose and have lost 18lbs. The side effects have been rough. Nausea and vomiting occur weekly and get worse after I increase the dose. I am hopeful that my body will get accustomed to the Med and the side effects will lessen. I find that I don’t eat a lot because I feel sick most of the time. I was thin half my life and obese the other half, and have gotten to the point I don’t want to go out because of my weight. If the weight loss continues, it will be worth the constant sickness. I just take 1 day at a time and set my mind to my goal- to feel better about myself.”

Indianna · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2020

For Obesity: “I had lifetime weight issues endless docs and specialists and eventually put on Saxenda. Lost 6.4% of total starting weight in 7 weeks. Now ten weeks in and haven't been reweighed yet but lost 2 sizes in all clothing so far. Have had no side effects at all other than 10 days or so after starting developed a bit of reflux which I've never had before but cold drink and occaisional mylanta tablet removes the issue. My life has improved beyond belief thanks to this medication and what may in my case be a genetic condition. Yes some people may have issues nothing in this world is perfect and undoubtedly some people will be unfortunate enough to suffer an unwanted side effect as noted in some reviews but on the whole I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone that has serious weight issues as most people like me thankfully don't have side effects.”

A. · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2020

For Obesity: “I absolutely love this Saxenda. I have been struggling with weight all my life. A lot of yo-yo dieting. After Saxenda I dropped 75 lbs in less than a year without consciously changing my diet. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not. Up until this I had never felt full in my life. Now I can’t eat 1/4 of the food I used too. I have severe IBS but had no issue with nausea.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

For Obesity: “Just finished my 3rd week on Saxenda, about to start the 2.4 dose tomorrow. Result - nothing. No side effects eg. nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pains, dizziness. Just nothing. No weight loss except one pound. Still have the same desire to eat and however much I eat, I don’t feel sick at all, like some people. £320 for what? I still weigh 13 stone. Someone tell me where I am going wrong. Thought I wasn’t injecting properly, but consulted my GP nurse and she says it’s fine. Somebody please help me.”

Povi · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I'm on my 19th day. I have been on 1.2 now for 3 days I stayed on 0.6 while the nausea settled a bit. I am having some nausea still but have only recently increased the drug dose. The 2nd night I woke up at 2am and threw up, that was the only time though. The ongoing nausea comes and goes but mainly when I think about food, which isn't often these days. I'm not craving anything at all and meat is a little off putting and anything like bread or chips (carb stuff like that) is totally off the menu and I'm enjoying fruit. Having some constipation but I need to drink much more water that will fix that little issue. I am active but not overly .. maybe walking 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes ... and doing stuff around the house daily. I'm 62 and in 19 days I have lost 7kgs (15 pounds).”

Fattofit December 18, 2020

For Obesity: “Saxenda works so far.... I’ve lost 8lbs in 6 days on the starting dose. I also eat clean, count my calories and exercise for 2 hours a day. After reading all of these reviews I’ve noticed that in the USA Saxenda costs cash pay patients $1500 but in Australia and the UK it costs under $400. Why do American drug companies charge Americans 3-5times more than they charge everyone else? This goes for every prescription, not just Saxenda.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Obesity: “I have been using Saxenda since March 6, 2020. I am on 3.0 dosage I just recently noticed some side effects that are really bothering me mentally. Diarrhea worse ever, like running water, belching, and constant bloating. Please give me some good advice what can I do.?”

PhatJade · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2020

For Obesity: “I have been taking Saxenda since December 2019. I have lost 16kgs (35 pounds). I have had some of the worst side effects. Nausea, acid reflux, vomiting and constipation - but I am afraid to stop taking it as I don’t want to gain the weight back. Can anyone offer any advice?”

DrD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

For Obesity: “Started Saxenda January 1, 2020 at 300.4 lbs. To date February 21, I am down 44 lbs. 1000 to 1200 calories per day and 10k to 12k average # of steps per day. Cravings are gone low appetite and nausea if I try to eat too much. Few side effects now but same as everyone else at beginning. By the end of my 2nd script I may be down 60 lbs and would like to stop shots for a while but concerned on gaining back. Anybody have experience with stopping? Can I stop for a month and start again if not happy with weight gain?”

astrict1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started using Saxenda 3 weeks ago. I’ve lost 13 pounds in that time. I noticed a significant decrease in my appetite in the first few days. I haven’t increased the dosage since the lowest dose seems to still be effective for me. And I haven’t noticed any side effects. As a side note, I also monitor my daily intake of calories as I have for quite some time now. But no restrictive special diet ( I eat what I like, but within a calorie budget). I only drink water and black coffee. And I exercise moderately at least every other day.”

Daisymae · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I'm about 3.5 months in. No side effects after I hit the 3.0 dose. I take at night before bed. Biggest problem is dry mouth. With mask wearing I'm not sure if it's from the meds or not- but water solves it. Usually I'm under hydrated anyways so more water is needed. Appetite has shrunk. I don't clear my plate. Cravings are gone- it's so weird how it's a habit to go to the kitchen all the time. I was worried about the holidays, but breezed threw them without feeling I lost out. I believe this medicine is helping my eat less. The habit of smaller meals is one I plan on keeping. I do a protein shake for breakfast. Usually a fruit cup or yogurt for lunch. A regular dinner. I try to get 75+ protein in me a day. I also aim for tons of water. At 3 months this in this meal plan is easy and I never feel I'm starving. I started at 370. Lost 15 alone and started saxendra at 355. I'm down to 322 at the months in. 10ish pounds a month is a good steady pace for me.”

Laura January 15, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I started Saxenda 2 months ago, I can’t get over the head aches and nauseousness I get when I take it! I lost 38 pound but feel awful. I wonder if all this misery is worth it :( I will post again when I increase my dose .”

Jenwen · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I started Saxenda 5 weeks ago starting weight 84.7 kg now weighing 79.5 kg I have had no side affects. I feel that I crave less and my appetite is reduced my portion control is much easier. Best thing I have done.”

loopylou789 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

For Weight Loss: “Saxenda worked for appetite suppressant for first 6 weeks or so then stopped working once on highest dose. However main side effect was pancreatitis caused by gallstones which I have never had before until I took this medication. Ended up hospitalised 3 times and now waiting gallbladder removal. Wish I never tried this medication as the pain it has caused I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Never been sick a day in my life and now spent weeks on and off in hospital. This is a known side effect. You have been warned!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I’m 5’8 and started at 204 lbs 8 weeks ago. Currently 183 lbs. I have no side effects except constipation which is manageable and I’ve stayed at the 0.6 dose the entire time. I have no cravings at all anymore after suffering from a sugar addiction and as far as I’m concerned this is a miracle. Try it because for some it works amazingly and maybe you’re someone that it works for like me. I’m in Canada and this is covered by my insurance.”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2021

For Weight Loss: “I have been taking Saxenda since end of Sept 2020 - I also make sure I do 10,000 steps everyday. My appetite has decreased significantly, on 1.8mg and lost 21kgs( 46.3 pounds) haven't had any major side effects - occasionally bowel issues so surprised with all the people that have experiences. I also spoke with a Dietician in conjunction as recommended by my GP with some extra tips but quite happy with it”

Pam · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

For Obesity: “Well, I started Saxenda May 15, 2020. Starting weight was 235lb and after a week, I'm now 229lb. I haven't experienced any nausea, vomiting, bloating or changes in bowels patterns. I've been diligently working on my nutrition for a long while so a low cal diet has not been my issue; weight plateau and emotional eating has been my problem. My doctor gave me a thorough description of how the med works so I had a good understanding going in, plus my sister had gastric sleeve surgery and this drug seems like it works like a sleeve or band surgery, without the surgery. If you over eat, you will get sick. And as far as the injection....it's a piece of cake! I look forward to seeing my progress in a few months.”

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2020

For Obesity: “I started Saxenda on September 22nd and I weighed myself today (September 28th) and have lost 14 pounds so far! I haven't felt any side effects so far. Tomorrow I up my dose. I think it's really helping me control my hunger and desire to eat so much.”