User Reviews for Saxenda

Obesity
7.8

Summary of Saxenda reviews 7.8 840 reviews

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "I started using saxenda on Oct 31st, 2018. I had gotten a sample of it to see if I would like it. Took it for 3 wks and lost 18 lbs. Had issues getting a prior authority through my insurance and took me a week and a half to get it approved. Gained 2 lbs back while waiting. Got back on it 5 days ago and already lost 5 lbs! I get nauseated after eating...especially anything sugary. I get the runs a lot, especially after I eat. At work, I drink a yogurt shake which is 90 cal. If I eat solids, I'm running to restroom with in 10 mins of eating. So I only eat "food" at home. The cravings for salty and sweet foods has gone and I never really feel hungry anymore. I started at 260lb and now at 239lb. Im 5'10". I try to walk 6-7,000 steps a day to keep loosing, sometimes I even get to 10,000 steps. So basically been on the meds 4 wks and lost 21 lbs! Happy with my progress!"

Shan (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Obesity "This is a big rip off four weeks $400 out of pocket and it doesn't work for me. I certainly wont be forking out another $800 for two more prescriptions that I am supposed to take. Side effects are nauseous - burping - constipation - rotten dry mouth - tired - loss of energy. To be honest I am a lot worse off than what I was before - hardly had anything to eat and lost 1/2kg - YES 1/2KG IN FOUR WEEKS. I only have to loose 8kgs about 17lbs no hope with this rubbish. Pharmaceutical Company wins again."

Hutchie December 5, 2018

For Obesity "I have been on Saxenda for over two months I have actually gained eight pounds I didn’t lose any weight at all in the two months I was on the program. It’s a lot of money to pay for something that doesn’t work for me at all. I was told this drug is very effective but I had no luck."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

For Weight Loss "I started at 0.6 as instructed. Every week I increased by 0.6. My pen ran out by the third week so I needed a second one before reaching the full dose of 3.0. The cost with the discount card is $50, plus $30 for 90 needles. I’m tracking my meals with LOSE IT (app), weighing every Saturday and, doing Bikram Yoga 2-3 times a week. I started at 177.4 three weeks ago and weighed 173 this morning. I eat 1200 to 1300 calories and I AM SO FULL (just with the 1.2 dose) but could do 1400 calories easily on the 0.6 dose. I highly recommend limiting COFFEE, CARBONATED DRINKS, or RICH/SPICY foods. I am extremely uncomfortable or even vomit/experience extreme diarrhea if I eat as I am accustomed. At 5’6” I feel best at 144 lbs. After several consecutive life stressors I gained 40 lbs in the course of three years. Saxenda is THE ONLY COURSE OF ACTION to assist me with chronic cravings and feelings of hunger or deprivation."

Jax November 29, 2018

For Obesity "I said I’d update as I continue on this medication - I started on October 26th at 287lbs and have now dropped to 269.8lbs as I approach the 5 week mark - 17lbs down in almost 5 weeks is definitely nothing to scoff at! - I’m on the max dose now 3ml and all the nausea and other side effects have disappeared as well - I hope this helps other individuals seeking a non invasive option to assist in weight loss - it’s not been easy but using this medication combined with MyFitnessPal to keep track of calories and make better choices has been key for me."

BH (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Obesity "I started Saxenda September 2, 2018 and weighed 198 pounds at 5 foot 5 inches. I have lost a total of 23 pounds so far and have had very few, minor side effects. I have been at the full dosage of 3mg for approximately 1 month. I did feel slightly nauseous for a few days when I would increase my dosage. I do not feel hungry between meals and rarely snack anymore. When I do eat, I am full after a smaller portion. If I eat very greasy or high fat foods, my stomach will hurt, so it is a good deterrent! I have been extremely pleased with my weight loss and progress on Saxenda. My insurance does cover this medication, I only have a $30/month co-pay. I would not be able to afford this medication if my insurance did not cover."

AS November 27, 2018

For Weight Loss "I lost 45lbs and have been on this drug for 6 months. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism Hashimoto auto immune disease. Started weight 190 and new weight 145."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Obesity "I started using saxender on 31st October to help aid weight loss. I was extremely worried about all the side effects but I have lost 11lbs since. Yesterday I increased my dosage to 1.8 and today I have suffered massively with feeling sick and having pains in my stomach. I am going to reduce my dosage back to 1.2 and continue until I feel it is no longer working. So far, I’m really happy with the results!"

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Obesity "I am 3 days in on the 1.2 mg dose. 4 nights ago I consumed Spicy/Greasy food (which did NOT taste right), few hours later horrible boiled egg smell burps, abdomen distention, loose stools and severe nausea! Thought I had picked up a stomach bug. Last night I ate a piece of Pepperoni Pizza ( again, just did NOT taste right). This morning boiled egg burps are back. I have come to the conclusion that I need to avoid Spicy/Greasy foods. :( I really Love Spicy foods! However getting back to a Healthy weight is more important. I have NOT weighed yet, waiting till end of 1.2 mg dose."

Lisa Lu (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Obesity "I started this medication along with seeing a nutritionist in July of 2018 and have since lost 22lbs. Slow and steady wins the race. I had very little side affects at the beginning while increasing my dosage. Some burping and gas but it all subsided after a week or so. I do on occasion have an upset stomach but I really enjoy spicy foods so that may be the culprit. Having this medicine covered by my insurance 100% has been such a blessing. I have noticed that the longer I have been on it, the more my body gets use to it and I don’t feel as full. I also incorporated intermittent fasting and that has helped as well. Try and get through the first month and hopefully all side affects will go away!"

Aratnc (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Obesity "I started aboutt 4weeks ago I had Lipo/tummy tuck to try an get weight down an get off BP meds 1yr ago loss 17pds but gained 10 back! "

Des (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Weight Loss "Well this is my 3rd and final update. I had to leave the saxenda alone. I was on it a year and a half. Lost 75lbs. Well I was experiencing stomach pains which end up getting so bad I had to go to emergency. I had gallstones and mild liver damage. Jaundice the whole 9 yards. Caused by saxenda. These were one of the RARE side effects and I was one of the lucky people to experience it. I spent a total of 10 days in the hospital. The end of September and the month of October was rough for me. My liver enzymes were off the charts. I am ok now, gallbladder removed and liver enzymes are back to normal. So I'm letting you guys know this so that you are aware. Have your doctor check your liver enzymes and make sure you're good. I hate to have to leave it alone because it worked well but I need my liver. Good luck and get your blood checked (liver enzymes) from time to time."

Dee313 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2018

For Obesity "I’ve been on it for 4-5 weeks. Been experiencing heartburn and acidity around the 3rd week till now. I can’t sleep from being nauseated all the time. Woke up vomiting twice. I get stomach aches almost all the time."

La (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Obesity "I started this medication 4 days ago. So far, I have only experienced some belching and nausea a few minutes after injection. I have the desire to urinate a lot throughout the day. Today was the first time I felt full and had some mild constipation. I do feel a bit bloated, but I am hoping that passes. I started on the lowest dosage and I am a 250lb, 5'7 woman. I had my thyroid radiated over 11 years ago and weighed about 150lbs. I gained the first 100lbs in 6 months and then in 2016 had a baby, which pushed me to 270lb. I was able to lose some of the "baby weight" but I am back to struggling to lose the weight I've gained since having my thyroid radiated. I am a bit concerned with the side effect of pancreatic cancer. I hope there aren't any surprise side effects that will happen when I up the dosage next week."

Lulu (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Obesity "Saxenda has to work so well years ago when I tried it, however now after retrying it IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. I’m so disappointed, because I had high hopes. I haven’t lost a lb in over a month. I don’t know what changed but this drug is a huge disappointment"

Chanel32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

For Weight Loss "Just started yesterday. headache and bloating today. It's early in know. I will keep reporting .."

steve (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Weight Loss "I’m a 44 year old 5’3” female. I started saxenda last week at 233 lbs and today weighed at 227. I have been amazed to watch 1.5 - .5 lbs go every day. My appetite isn’t 100% gone but when I start to eat I can’t finish anything! Before this drug my appetite was insatiable. I’m not really having any side effects other than not being hungry. On day 3 I decided to go ahead and increase from .6 to 1.2. I was tolerating it fine and and am desperate for results. Right now this seems like a miracle."

Sly1974 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Obesity "I started Saxenda on October 26 and weighed 287lb - combined with a 1600 calorie a day diet - today November 5th I’m down to 279.6 - I’ve had some nausea and am a little bunged up but not anything I can’t put up with - so far so good."

BH (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Obesity "I started 2 weeks ago and tomorrow night will start my 3rd week and will increase my dosage again. I have slight nausea and a little diarrhea but that could be because I had my gallbladder out. The most side effect I have had is heartburn. Rolaids work good for it though. The only thing I've really noticed is at the beginning I was hungry all the time!!!!! I have a very slow metabolism so I'm thinking it was finally working again. I've lost 5 lbs so far. The injection site burns a little when first injected but that goes away within minutes. I'm not snacking like I did and not eating as much. A lot of people say they were not hungry at all, I haven't felt that way yet. Hoping when I increase the dosage I will feel like that. I will keep you updated!!!"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Obesity "I started Saxenda, 10/21/18. I am 5’5 and weighted 281lbs. The first couple of days, while being on the dose of 0.6mg, I experienced no side effects. On the fourth day I began burping awful tasting burps and it was very constant. It was slightly embarrassing and I kept mints in my pocket during work to over come the smell. At that time, I went and bought OTC anti acid and began taking that in the morning with my other medications. That has seemed to help tremendously. I still burp and have indigestion but not as bad as before. I have not experienced any of the negative side effects that people have mentioned in previous comments. I have, however, experienced decreased appetite and feeling fuller faster when I do eat. I have been trying to make healthier food choices and when I do eat, I find myself only eating half of what I have in front of me. That’s a huge difference from before starting the medication. I have been on the medication for 2 weeks and I’m down 10lbs."

Hopeful November 5, 2018

For Obesity "I have used Saxenda for 1 month, very little side affects. I'm doing well on this medication and have had 10 lb weight loss. However my insurance company will not cover this medication for me, so it looks like I will have to stop using it, due to the cost. Very disappointed because it's the 1st medication that has worked this well for me. If you have insurance coverage for this medication you are very lucky."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Obesity "I am 37 years old and I have been taking Saxenda for a week now. I have lost a total of 12 pounds so far. I am amazed at the weight I've lost in 1 week. I haven't started working out yet but I have changed my eating habits tremendously and I rarely have an appetite. I am taking several medications for my diabetes and high blood pressure and I have to take them with food so I have to eat. I also eat some type of fruit or vegetable every 2 hours."

Slim Chick (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Obesity "I started saxenda on October 24th so am currently on 0.6mg. I have definitely eaten less and not had cravings for fatty food like before. I haven’t lost any weight yet but I also haven’t managed to pass stools. Can you take over the counter laxatives to relieve this? or would this effect the medication. I have also had a bit of heartburn and so far managed this with full fat milk. I have just bought 5 more pens due to arrive today (£300) if I don’t see results at the end of thousand 5 then I will stop but if I lose then I will continue. My goal is to lose 3.5 stone. Fingers crossed "

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Obesity "My starting weight was 344lb and I am down to 336lb. I am starting on my third week 1.8. I am having to force my self to eat. I am only craving water. I get sick when eating. Some day I am worn out and otherI have a burst of energy"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Obesity "Awful! Took saxenda for 4 days. The side effects were terrible. Severe diarrhea, nausea, headache, no energy, zero appetite (literally had to make myself eat some fruit & crackers just to have something), lightheaded, dry heaves, dizzy. No more. I quit."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...