User Reviews for Saxenda

Learn more about Saxenda.

Weight Loss 50 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 206 reviews 62 medications

7.6
Summary of Saxenda reviews 256 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Saxenda

For Obesity "Started Saxenda on January 8th. I am down 8.5 pounds. I'm a nurse, so I don't mind the shots. I've been very pleased with the appetite control. Was really big on sodas (2-3/day) and snacking in between meals. Now I drink a lot of water - constantly thirsty. Have only had 1 soda since I started and the snacking has all but stopped. Some days I have to remind myself to eat. I do have some nausea when titrating up on the dose - but its manageable. I have found my biggest problem is constipation which I am taking OTC stool softeners for and seems to help. No fatigue at all. In fact, I'm more active now than I have be in years. Super excited to see the end result. My goal is 60 pounds!"

Angie Long (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

For Obesity "I have been on Saxenda for 3 weeks now. The first week I experienced very little side effects which was relieving as I usually get very sick from medications. By the end of week one the smallest portions would fill me up which is wonderful but I had no weight loss and I was eating strictly healthy. Week 2 I stuck to .06 for an extra week so my body could adjust better and finished the week with 3 lbs lost since start date. Almost no desire to ever eat. Week three I have increased my dosage and have been feeling extremely nauseous and having weird chest pains. I hope it goes away. I'm a little uncomfortable with the possible long term side effects and will only stick this out if I start seeing results. Happy with appetite decrease though."

Jschwab00 (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

For Weight Loss "28lbs lost in 2.5 months using saxenda (dose between .6-1.2) & following doctor's guidelines for eating. Didn't exercise during the months. I was losing except for physical therapy 1x a week for back. I'm at a good weight for me (4'11", 106, age 50) and have been maintaining within 2-4lbs for about 2 mos. now but still using saxenda. Haven't been super strict with diet but not going crazy either. Added light weight training and walking on treadmill 5-6 days a week right before Christmas. If I overeat a day or 2 I go back to watching and the weight comes right back down. Thankfully husband's insurance covers drug because mine doesn't. Feel great, cholesterol & blood pressure good again, back is better, and clothes fit."

Anonymous January 15, 2017

For Obesity "I have been taking Saxenda for 5 weeks now--have been titrated from .6 for 7 days and increasing every 7 days by .6 until I got to 3.0 . The nausea and constipation is AWFUL. The fatigue--walking across a room and back makes me feel as if I had run a marathon! terrible stomach pains and bloating! yuck. But --I will continue taking this as long as the VA will pay for it. I have to lose more weight in order to get my new knees. Does anyone notice if the fatigue and bloating and nausea lessen over time?"

nightbeck (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

For Obesity "I have been on Saxenda since September. It is now the beginning of January and I have lost 32 lbs. I experienced a lot of nausea in the beginning, however, I stuck it out. Currently I am at 3.0 dose and feel amazing! I started at 216 lbs and now weigh in at 184 lbs."

Bethie MI (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

For Weight Loss "I'm in my second week and since I have upped the dosage I have noticed constipation and for the last day moderate abdominal pain and diarrhea. I definitely don't eat near as much as what I used to And I am very happy about that. I did have headaches the first week nothing that Motrin couldn't take care of. I am 5'5" I weighed in at 230 pounds and I have lost 5 pounds as of the first week not sure today. I am very concerned about the possible side effect of cancer in the thyroid since I do have Hashimoto's disease. But I was considering the gastric sleeve surgery before this medication and really want to give it a shot because I don't want a large portion of my stomach taken out. I'll check in and update you all."

Josiegirl111 January 6, 2017

For Obesity "I started Saxenda last July 2016. In the first two months I lost 4% of my body weight. After that, it stopped. I continued on for another two months, with no change. The information that comes with the drug says to stop taking if there is no change after 4%. I did stop. The weight came back on. I spoke with my doctor in December, and she encouraged me to start again. One side affect I've had, other than some mild nausea, is red itchy welts at the injection sites, when I start on the 1.2 mg and higher doses. The itchiness was intense. Started taking Benedryll, which helped. In time, the itchiness reduced, but still get red marks. My drug co pays for the drug, but not the needles. Needles are expensive!"

Katie Canuck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2017

For Obesity "I've been taking Saxenda for 8 days now and I am down 10lbs already! This stuff is AMAZING! I am not hungry at all and when I do eat, I get full very quickly. I started on .06mg for the first 7 days and now I am on 1.2mg. I am not hungry and I still feel stuffed from breakfast. I have not changed my eating habits but I noticed I crave less sugar. I have an addiction to soda and I have not craved it really for the past few days. This stuff is a MIRACLE!"

Jem77 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

For Obesity "My starting weight was 297. Now two weeks later I'm 283. After each increase I did have nausea and vomiting for a day or two. I thought I would have to stop and then I discovered Pepto-Bismol. My second day of Pepto-Bismol I felt like a new man. According to the label you can have 2 tablespoons up to eight times a day which means every couple hours. This really made a difference in the side affects. I rated it a 9 only because of the side effects other than that I'm 100% satisfied with this new medication!"

JoeyCT (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on saxenda since October. I weighed in at 215 prior and am now 182.8 pounds (I'm 5'7"). I take a lot of medication to help with chronic depression and tied in with major life events and poor eating I was more and more miserable with my weight that I gained in two years, mostly after my surgery for endometriosis (stage 4) and taking Lupron depo (horrid stuff) I just couldn't shake the weight. I started this a bit nervous I kept a low dose for awhile, around 1.8 because I had stomach upset but I did take it at night to help with that. I ended up taking the full dose but found 2.4 is more then enough to suppress my appetite. It's amazing I don't think about food and need less to feel satisfied. love it!!!"

April who's super thrilled December 28, 2016

For Obesity "Started in Nov weight at 176 have lost 11lbs down 165 currently started at .6 now up to 2.6 have tried 3. But have nausea and headache so went back down. Definitely notice with feeling full fast and some days I have to make myself eat if I don't eat I feel sick. I haven't followed a strict diet but have cut sweets so not crave. Drink lots of water mouth is always dry. I have found when I do eat & drink plenty of water I loose more."

Looseby50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2016

For Weight Loss "Crazy start during 1st of holidays (Oct.) but had upper endoscopy done to help with some constriction. The extra weight was affecting my health and wellbeing so I did not want to wait to start. My doc had a trial kit to start with then I got my first month's prescription. Used insurance to absorb part of the cost and the coupon that was given by the manufacturer. Dubious & nervous of injections, I pushed forward as possibility of better health was worth the anxiety of sticking myself. Needles are tiny & you inject into the fatty areas so you don't really feel it while sticking. There can be achiness or stinging in the injection site sometimes. Started having rash & itching at some shot sites but have lost 8 lbs. & feel like exercising now."

Kickstarting (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2016

For Obesity "I'm up to 3mg dose.. only lost 8 lbs in 2 months. I was very leary starting this medicine due to the thyroid and nausea issues, but I gave it a try.. it did not curb my cravings. It did make me full fast.. so instead of eating 2 sandwiches, I would only be able to force 1 down, but I don't think its worth it. My Dr says it takes 4 months to really kick in. Side effects were dry mouth, HORRIFIC FATIGUE, and confusion. nothing too major, but like any drug there is something. I would not recommend this drug as it is not a fast solution to weight loss and it is pretty discouraging if you want to lose more than 1 lb a week even with injecting yourself."

queen c (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

For Obesity "I have been on Saxenda since October 13, 2016 - and have lost 19 pounds. I started off on a very gradual increase in dose which helped with side effects. I only feel nauseated when I eat foods that I should not be eating. The medication does reduce your appetite - so you need to ensure that you are eating regularly. I am very happy with the results so far as it is helping to motivate me to make overall lifestyle changes - eating better and exercising. Still enjoy a little treat - but am careful not to eat anything that will upset my stomach. I would encourage anyone dealing with obesity to give this drug a try. It truly works and the side effects can be managed if you are committed to eating healthy foods."

Canadiangirlsrock December 12, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on it for over a month now , no real side affects but great weight loss . I was 73 kilos I am now down to 66 kilos . I have hashimotos thyroid disease so it was a complete struggle to lose weight after having my son . I'm just worried as I had a read that when testing this in the lab the animals they tested it on got cancer ...... feeling stressed now i wish i didn't read it .."

yeneka (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Saxenda for two and a half months and I have lost 28 pounds!!! I highly recommend it . It does make you feel sick but it's well worth the out come!!!"

kicklighter4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

For Weight Loss "I am on day 3 of Saxenda. I am doing the sample while waiting to find out if it is covered by insurance. I've had no side effects and a mild reduction in hunger. Not sure if i will get better results once I up my dose. Was hoping for a miracle but so far not amazing...."

Sillybe2be December 7, 2016

For Weight Loss "Been on it over a month and have gained weight not lost. So sad bc it has so few side effects compared to the others"

Eliza717 December 6, 2016

For Weight Loss "I was so excited about this new drug. I gained about 20 pounds after my 2nd child then an extra 20 from Viibryd. My insurance didn't cover it but the Dr gave me free samples. The first week was hell for me. I felt like I was pregnant all over again. Horrible fatigue, super nauseous and my emotions we're off. I felt like I was going to having panic attacks. The fatigue was the worst! After day 6 I'm quitting."

coolmommy3 December 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started Saxenda November 7. I'm down about 10 pounds already. I didn't experience a lot of side effects just very fatigued/ tired a lot. I had extremely low energy. My doctor said, get this, I wasn't eating enough. Wow! Once I increased my fiber and protein I started feeling much better. Feeling very hopeful about this journey."

Princegirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

For Weight Loss "This drug is extremely effective, and I lost nearly 14 pounds in 8 days. However, I had severe side effects and took myself off the drug after becoming so dehydrated that I had to go get 2 bags of IV fluid. I was so dehydrated, my veins were collapsing whenever they tried to start the IV. I am extremely active, and training for half and full marathons. I guess my energy needs are too great for what this drug allows you to consume. Every time I ate I got extremely gassy, had severe heartburn, and had the runs. I physically had to make myself eat. My stomach would not take or process much water at a time either. If you work out a lot - stay away I definitely think in a few years there will be lawsuits over this drug."

Memphis Meg (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Obesity "I just stated saxenda 2 days ago, no side effects yet. However I have to force myself to eat. I am not hungry at all.... no desire to eat."

Beatrix Lacey Monty December 2, 2016

For Obesity "I have been taking the drug since April 1st and I am down about 50 pounds. I was taking Viibryd, because I developed panic attacks after our house was flooded out by Sandy and gained a ton of weight. Anyone who takes an anti-depressant, no matter which one it is, you need to get off it as soon as possible because you are going to gain a lot of weight. The reason why this drug is so expensive is because weight loss is the number one thing people cherish the most. What is the first thing you notice when you look at someone for the first time? What they look like! Novo Nordisk knows that and they have a captive audience. When you sell gold, you can charge a lot of money and people have to buy it."

hov422 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2016

For Obesity "I was unable to get rid of my baby weight after having my 2nd child and heard about saxenda. After much thought I decided to consult my doctor who was not oppose to me trying it. I've been on saxenda now for almost 2 months. I havent experienced any side effects I started with .06 and now on dose 3.0. After one full month I weighed myself and I've lost 10lbs. I've decided to weigh myself monthly so I will check in a few weeks my process! Oh and my insurance has picked it up but only for a limited time I have 2 more refills left!"

Josterm November 27, 2016

For Obesity "I have started Saxenta this morning ( stated with 0.6 to go up to 1.8, will increase every 4th day as the Dr prescribe). I was told to expect nausea but been 4 hrs and other then being thirsty nothing at all. The DR place me on the Saxenta as 7 years ago I was taking antidepressants and the weight just piled on and could not loose it and start having lots of other health issues. I hope this will help me loose the weight and get my health back to normal and start exercising again. By the way the DR place me on the Saxenta 1.8 and Optifast for the first month, been advice to drink a minimum of 3 Lt of water. Will update as I go ....in a month"

Annnbele (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016