User Reviews for Xarelto

Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery 1.0
Summary of Xarelto reviews 5.6 179 reviews

Reviews for Xarelto

Yogi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I took this drug Xarelto for atrial fibrillation and ended up with side effects of the most painful legs, they felt as if they were on fire. Now my arms are beginning to feel the same pain, I also find great difficulty in controlling my bladder, Never had this before. Has anyone out there had the same experience?”

Vlad · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 25, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Have been on Rivroxiban 20mg for 4 years for deep vein thrombosis and have put on 3 stone since. The doctors gave me a health check and said I need to see a dietician I have never been 14 stone before always around 11 stone this I believe is a discrepancy that the doctors do not look into, I have about 30 20mg tablets left then it for Me- as from now on I will be taking 100mg of aspirin a day which is as good as Rivaroxaban but less risks as its good for thinning blood, and Edema ( swelling of the lower ankle and leg)”

Hla2020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Please do not take this drug, my husband died on this. He had been on Warfarin for 7 years with no problems. Cardiologist swapped him to Xarelto, within 5 months he was coughing up blood, having dizzy spells, aneurysms, lung problems, I could go on. He was convinced it was this drug and the more I read about the more I have to agree . He died in June.”

Autologous1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Xarelto is very effective in providing anticoagulant effect. For me that resulted in almost uncontrollable nose bleeds (up to 14 hours) and 3-5 hours for very minor skin scratches. But the worse outcomes were the side effects: consistent headaches; severe shortness of breath; depression; bad mood (extremely grouchy); stomach aches; and constipation. I do not recommend this medicine to anyone. Warfarin ($6.00/month) is easy to manage and it has almost NO side effect.”

Khali · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Suffered from multiple clots in right leg that ended up traveling to my lungs. Had to have emergency surgery because a clot broke off and was blocking the left artery of my heart. After 8 days in the hospital I was put on Xarelto. Started out as 15 mg twice a day to 20mg once a day. Was originally supposed to be on it for 6 months but my insurance wasn’t approving my follow up CT scan and ultrasound. Ended up being on it for a year and 6 months. While taking Xarelto, I experienced numbness and tingling in the leg where the clots were, horrible anxiety, leg swelling, leg pain, heavy menstrual cycles, and bruising. I recently stopped the drug cold turkey, doctors orders. Anxiety has gotten worse as I’m afraid of experiencing another DVT/PE. Overall it did the job. No sign of clots in legs or lungs.”

Loulou · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 11, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Have been on the Xarelto medication five years and had experienced no major issues, just some bleeding with small cuts and some bruising. Then I developed arm and leg pain and some gum bleeding. The leg pain started in one thigh and woke me up at night with burning prickling nerve pain and sometimes felt like I had been electrified. The rest of the thigh was numb. Soon both legs were involved. My doctor switched me to Eliquis which she said had less side effects and I will soon see if the arm and leg pain disappear.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “When I became ill over a year ago and developed blood clots in my lungs P.E. my doctor put me on XARELTO 20 MG. I have not developed any more blood clots Xarelto as took care of the blood clots. Occasionally I do get some side effects dizziness short of breath and aches and little bit of pain on my legs. I can over look these considering that Xarelto takes care of the blood clots in my lungs so I'm still here living a normal life doing the things that I enjoy. All medications have side effects.”

aroon · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “Had been on 10 mg Xarelto for one year now. I had Porter vein thrombosis (PVT) in December 2019. Acute pain in abdomen. Was on 20 mg initially. Fully recovered but will have to take 10 mg Xarelto life time. No side effects at all.”

Nessness · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “Absolutely hate Xarelto. Hate it. I PEs in both lungs discovered in Dec 2019 when I had severe shortness of breath. 22 at the time, female. Had started birth control two weeks prior, was dehydrated, and was doing a lot of sitting down due to finals. 15mg twice a day worked for me, only had fatigue and night sweats to deal with. I've been on the 20mg once a day for about 5 months now, and I feel worse every day. Headaches all the time, fatigue, excessive sweating, rapid heart rate, leg pains that give me anxiety about more possible clots, heavy periods, chest pains that make me feel like I'm not getting better. It's hard for me to sleep at night with how uncomfortable I always am. Off it mid-June. Can't wait.”

Specialdiamond April 19, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “This drug sent me insane. Recently had DVT in arm. 1st tablet caused burning nerves in face & spine rushed to A &E who were dumbfounded. Within 1 week i was pacing the house all night. Heart racing severely. Anxiety out of control (never suffered from anxiety). Week 2 lips and mouth burning. Anxiety and heart rate worse. Week 3. Pacing house 16 hours a day, paranoia, intense pressure in head, muscle spasms, unable to close eyes. Nerves on skin . Reduced dose didn't help improve situation. Eventually doctor switched me to Eliquis which I'm absolutely fine on. I believe this drug is ok for a lot of people, however if you have a reaction its severe. Lost over a stone in 3 weeks, hyperventilated daily, my behaviour and personality changed dramatically. Within 48 hours on Eliquis all symptoms ceased. I'll be reporting this drug as having done some research I've found it can cause anxiety, paranoia, muscle spasms which are not listed in the literature”

Xarelto101 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Been on over 7 months. Now on 10mg by own will plus research concluding that xarelto 10mg is more effective than aspirin. These sites lack knowledge and unquestionable advice. First of all, drink mostly water if you want best combined results. Dont take 10mg unless that is what your doc told you or you have passed the end of your treatment prog based on your algorithm. We all have one. Reduce consumption of colored drinks. Always wear stocking if swell problem. Exercise prevents new DVT on top of xarelto. ”

Elb · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Used xarelto and it caused A fib. which was the worst thing. Caused my heart to race. Actually hurt my heart. Took six months for me to return to anything normal in my life. This drug is dangerous. Stay away from it.”

Meena · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 19, 2020

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I have had a fib and was hospitalized 6 times in 7. Put on Xarelto blood thinner as having a stroke is far worse if you survive it than any side effects. My father had 11 strokes in 5 years before he died at age 58. I have had no side effects from this drug. Had major surgery and was told that I bled less than one tablespoon. Xarelto has very rapid time frame when stopping the pills before surgery. It exits your body very rapidly so I find it hard to believe all the symptoms reported after the medication were stopped were caused by this medication. I took my regular one a day pill two nights before major surgery and stopped the pill the night before surgery and restarted the medication one day later per doctors direction. I have been on this medication for six years because of my a fib and my family history of stroke. This medication does nothing to cure a fib but it does everything to prevent strokes. It has a very rapid exit time for leaving your body.”

OdieJo · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Had a blood clot in my arm after PICC line placement for chemo. Dr put me on Xarelto 20 days ago and my liver enzymes have been tripled since starting the medicine! I’m more worried about my liver than the blood clot now. Anyone else have liver problems on Xarelto?”

Brian · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: “2008, I broke my leg from a dirt bike accident, got a DVT under my knee on leg with the cast, then broke into Bi-lateral multiple Pulmonary Embolisms. Put on Coumadin for 6 months. 18 months later, working for 4 1/2 hours at a desk, stood up, had another DVT under the opposite leg, went into Bi-lateral multiple Pulmonary Embolisms again! Test showed Factor V Leiden.After 2 years, my Dr put me on Xeralto, living a more normal life. Last 2 months terrible pain in my right 3 toes, Podiatrist noted that foot was red and warm, compared to left foot. Ordered an Ultrasound on my leg, have a blood clot?! He is having a Vasular Surgeon review and see it he wants to see me. Darn it, now after nearly 10 years this is happening?!!! I am concerned, 1) should my dosage at 20 mg be increased? 2) should I have surgery to dissolve or remove the blood clot? I am sure upset and apprehensive!!!!”

Flyboy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “After blood clots in my leg and lungs, I was given a prescription for Xarelto. With in a couple days, my erections increased substantially! I did loose some weight and my appetite diminished due to the pain in my knee and upper back. After taking Xarelto, I noticed that my penis had some length, about an inch, and my erections were noticeable more often. I am 62 and 1/2, about 180-185 pounds, taking Xarelto 20mg once a day, and currently have no blood clots. I will continue using Xarelto for the 6 month period then visit my Doctor for a follow up evaluation.”

Wayno · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2019

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I had an unprovoked triple DVT an lots of clots in my lung..zero symptoms..apparently I have "sticky blood syndrome" possible either genetic or caused by a different medicine. It means my blood platelets stick together, blood becomes thick and causes clots...had no clots since I've been on Xarelto 20mg daily..”

Nr · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: “I was put on Xarelto in Spain after I got a blood clot. When I returned to the US I stayed on it another two months. It’s ridiculously expensive and has no antidote but I still gave it a try. My last ultrasound still showed my blood clot was there. So my vascular surgeon took me off it. My new hemotologist wants me back on it but I don’t see any benefits to this medication. I am going to try a natural supplement called platexia. Hopefully it will relieve my pain in my leg and foot and dissolve my blood clots. (Old and newer) one from pregnancy the other maybe from birth control.”

Jer October 7, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Used Xarelto and it almost killed me. Took drug as prescribed and it caused afib. First day heart rate jumped to 114 and wouldn’t come down. Finally came down to 85. Next day heart rate went 120. Third day 117. I stopped the drug. I was so sick. So weak I could hardly walk. Took three months for me to feel normal after I stopped taking the drug. This drug is awful”

Holio · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Had a freak 1 time afib event. 54 year old Male. No history of heart issue in family. Rushed to ER with heart rate of 152. Felt weak, sweaty, generally terrible. At ER, heart went back into rhythm, was given xarelto 1 per day 30mg for precaution. Saw dr 6 days later. Felt horrible for every day on this drug. Pain, dizzy.. felt like I was being poisoned. Got worse everyday. If I didn't get off this poison, I would have lost my job, as I could not function! Dr at cardio clinic took me off this drug immediately after stress test came back perfect and all blood work perfect. Been off this now 6 days and almost free of side effects. Still some episodes of anxiety, tired, and dizziness. Started feeling better the next day after stopping. Stay away from this drug at all costs.. I'm wondering if I will ever feel normal again.. I was only on it for a week and wow.. unbelievable..”

Jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

For Pulmonary Embolism: “On Xarelto 15mg for 4 weeks twice a day and now 20mg once a day. I have one month left. I went to ER after one month of treatment for what felt like another PE ...only to find out that my original PE site was clear and I have nothing else. Therefore, I’m convinced the symptoms I’m experiencing are side effects from the drug. Constant tiredness, lightheadedness, bouts of shortness of breath followed by random body aches and anxiety. The anxiety is body anxiety where I get shakey... I can’t deal with any type of interaction or social stimulation or I get short of breath and anxious. Prior to this I was a very socially active person but now I cannot withstand a short visit from anyone. from the infarctions from a PE I still have lingering side effects with physical exertion but I still do believe that they are intensified from this drug especially the neurological side effects. Xarelto does have horrible side effects (not for everyone) but it saved my life so I hate to complain about it.”

Charlie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I started Xarelto in April do to a unprovoked DVT in my upper left auxiliary. It was coincidental. I started 15mg x2 then 20mg x1. After 2 months on it I started noticing minimal blood in my stool and anal spams. Went to my GI doctor and now waiting for my colonoscopy to be done. I get headaches, muscle spasms, constipation, lightheaded. My concern right now is mainly the blood in the stool. Even though is minimal I’m scared that it could be something else. I’ve heard and read stories about Xarelto causing blood in stool. Anyone out there having blood in stool and spams in the anus do to this medicine? Please share. I’m off this pill next month since my clot went away.”

PB · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

For Pulmonary Embolism: “HORRIBLE side effects from this drug. I have a page full of side effects experienced but the worst of it was rapid heartbeat, no energy spells, feeling like passing out, and anxiety with some sleepless nights. Been off of it for a little over a week and still feeling some effects from it! Stay away from this drug if you can.”

gty August 12, 2019

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I've been on 20 mg Xarelto for 6 months after a pulmonary embolisml short of breath when walking up hills still. Very occasionally a elbow joint will hurt and a few times I've had a sore throat. Swelling pretty much gone in left ankle. I think it works for me. I'm still alive”

Snagz · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2019

For Pulmonary Embolism: “Lots of people focus only on the negative of being on a blood thinner, if it wasnt for xarelto, I would most likely of been dead. I can't take warfarin, I had a bleed on that. I've had no clots since being on xarelto. Been on it, 20 mgs a day for over two years. Thanks for giving me an alternative blood thinner. You most likely saved my life, and definitely increased my life span.”