User Reviews for Flecainide

Also known as: Tambocor

Learn more about Flecainide.

Paroxysmal Supravent...ular Tachycardia 3 reviews 1 medications

Supraventricular Tachycardia 2 reviews 25 medications

4.5
Summary of Flecainide reviews 91 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Flecainide

For Atrial Fibrillation: "After ER episode for atrial fib (which I believe was one-time stress-induced issue) I was bullied into taking this med by hospital upon discharge. My job as a knowledge worker requires me to *think* for a living. I'm considered an expert in my field. This damn drug put me in a mental fog to the point that I stared at the computer screen wondering what I was looking at. My mood became aggressive, depressed and I felt increasingly isolated, listless, tired, but hard to sleep. I gained about 15 lb with no change in diet, in fact I probably ate less. I lost desire for my usual workout routine. After weaning off after 6 months, and now taking only daily aspirin, I'm back to my happy self, focussed and motivated. This is a bad drug, IMO."

Janet-L September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Life long history of slight double vision (1 diopter). Within 4 days of usage, developed severe increase of double vision (estimate 10-15 diopters). Ceased usage and symptoms decreased by half within 1 day. Now, 3 days later and recover continues but not fully back to ordinary."

Bob Grif September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "2008 A Fib diagnoses after 2 years of dizziness and feeling "odd"otherwise fit and healthy. 4 Cardio versions and 2 catheter ablations under my belt now. First Doc prescribed cardio version and Amiodorone , horrible side effects. Went to a Cardiologist that specializes in A Fib. Tried two ablations. Effective for a awhile but after last cardio version prescribed Flecainide. Still get breakthroughs for short durations but the strange feelings and emotional drain after incidences are the most debilitating. I just take a Klonopin and a nap. 100mg twice a day every 12 hours. 73 year old Female"

Tai Ngaruru (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Benign artrial fibrillation. Cardiologist tried everything -- next step was surgery. Was having from 10-15 six hour episodes per month and ruining quality of life. Have been on flecainide for 2 years and it is now completely under control. Only episodes I've had were a year ago during a bronchitis episode but as soon as antibiotics kicked in the a-fib was gone again. Absolutely no side effects and this medicine has changed my life."

Melodye3 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Following a knee replacement over two years ago I developed SVT...a runner for 35 years, I couldn't believe I had any issue with my heart. Hypertension, mainly due to heredity, but that is about all I can complain about. I lived with the problem for a year until 1/2016 when my doctor put me on metoprolol...this stuff was terrible. My heart rate would drop to below 50..or go higher than 90. Again I lived with this medication for a year until I thought about cardiac ablation. Before considering this method, my NEW Doctor prescribed flecainide. This was a game changer for me. Though I still have a "skip", I am functional and have much more energy and overall better wellness than I had not had for years."

rellimlm (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Flecainide has controlled the a-fib, but I have a constantly cold nose and my mouth feels like I've had lidocaine sprayed like before dental work. Some days it's worse than other days. I take 100 mg twice a day with 25mg metropolol. After two cardioversions, I'm willing to give flecainide a chance. I've been taking it for six months and hope the side effects don't get worse with time."

Bloha (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Drug was great for one year. Today afib pops up much more frequently"

Effectiveness (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ventricular Tachycardia: "I was put on Flecainide several months ago. Side effects were fatigue, and dizziness. Effects were interfering with my life (had to pull over if driving and my commute to work is at least and hour each way). Fatigue was robbing me of being able to enjoy activities. I have stopped taking and am looking into other treatment options."

Not an old lady yet! February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been taking 50mg of flecainide twice a day for 2 years now and still love it. I have had no incidences of afib and no side effects. I do like my alcohol and have 1-2 drinks daily. I believe the flecainide keeps me from having an alcohol related episode which my doctor believes is my trigger. I agree with him but also think dehydration, dieting and stress have been contributing factors as well, and again, the flecainide overrides them all. I'm sure it's not perfect for everyone, but for me it's been a godsend."

rozebot (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been on Flecainide for about 3 months. Before, I was having Afib everyday, usually at night for over a year. And even after taking other medications prior to Flecainide , it would take several hours before the Afib would go away. It was a terrible existence. Since taking Flecainide, I have had NO Afib. This to me has been remarkable. The side effects for me are mainly tiredness for a couple of hours after taking it. It might give me constipation but I really think that diet plays a greater role. Eating more fiber and veggies, and less meat is better for me. I have been taking Flecainide once in the early afternoon and then once usually an hour before bedtime, each time with 100 mg. I wonder if I can stop taking it in the future?"

MarilynSF December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "No side effects. Keeps my afib in check. I have to stay cool or I can go into Afib. I take 100 mg twice a day."

Lilarene October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Three months ago, because of paroxysmal afib and after wearing an event monitor, I was put on both Flecainide (50 mg twice per day) and Metoprolol (50mg at night). The original dose was Flecainide 100 mg twice per day, but when I told the cardiologist that I didn't like the way it made me feel, he immediately said "Well OK, just take half the amount each time", as though the difference wasn't a big deal! The Flecainide seems to be working, but instead of feeling better I am feeling progressively worse by the day. Not sure whether Flecainide is to blame or the Metoprolol. Feel I'm in a dream most of the time, excessive daytime sleepiness, slight dizziness, memory problems, depression. Hard to get hold of cardiologist."

Nanfran (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Flecainide has given me my life back. I have had NO side effects....maybe the first week or two it didn't take effect immediately.. but I love this med. It has changed my life for the better after suffering from long bouts of atrial fibrillation.."

Besami September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Beware of this drug. My mother was put on this drug in addition to diltiazem. It sucked all the life out of her. She got tremors; couldn't walk 100 meters without catching a breath. Major fatigue and weight gain. If you're sensitive to meds, do not use this drug. She will stop this drug today."

bad_drug_finder July 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "afters years of Sotalol and many AF attacks Flecanide has been a wonder drug for me, I get tired but don't blame flecanide thats to easy, many things cause tiredness!"

moveon (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I had the first afib experience in 2004 (age 63)while playing senior softball, took shock paddles to convert. Kept playing sports and had second episode in 2007, converted with Amiodarone. Stayed on that until new doctor (insurance changed), took me off without a replacement, re-ocurrence couple months later, restarted on Amiodarone for conversion. Back with original doctor, kept up Amiodarone and all the blood work, x-rays, pulmonary function tests, etc. required semi-annual till 2014. Finally (after more tests) was switched to 100 mg. Flecanide & 12.5 mg. Metoprolol twice daily, with no semi-annual tests. So far-so good, except for some arthritis ? issues, still active in sports (senior). Hopefully this will stay with me."

PJ&co July 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I am a reasonably well controlled insulin dependant diabetic. I was put onto flecainide as I was unable to have an atrial ablation and had reacted badly to both beta blockers and calcium blockers. Within 24 hrs of taking a dosage of 30 g , twice, I lost all control of my blood sugars. I stopped taking flecainide within 48 hrs of the start due to out of control blood reads ie excessively high. 2 days further down the line I still have no control of my blood sugars and have so trebled the amount of insulin I would normally take, eg 14 at breakfast to 8( plus an additional 8 units mid morning). 18 at lunch compared to a usual 8 units as examples. My diet has currently very little carbs in it as I attempt to get things back under control."

Sue Travis (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "After a number of inconvenient and stressful visits to ER where I had an injected dose of flecainide ( which put me back into sinus rhythm) my cardiologist prescribed me 200 mg of Flec tabs plus 50 mg of metropolol on going into AF. It works a treat reversing me in 1 to 3 hours but I'm hoping doesn't lead to some of the side effects described in other articles on the net."

Jac 71 year old male January 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Flutter: "Medicine works great, but after being on flecainde for weeks, I started getting a dry mouth and a cough."

4291 January 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "This medication (Flecainide) was prescribed as well as Cardizem CD for chronic A-Fib although nothing was found wrong with my heart, electrical or plumbing. Serious side effects occurred and I stopped taking them, took me three months to recover from the meds. Did my own research and learned that Fosamax was actually responsible for my A-Fib. The Doctors at the Heart Hospital didn't have a clue. Has been four years now and no A-Fib and absolutely no meds! This was a nightmare experience! Female, 74 years old."

mehrstetten (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I don't ever like taking new medicines especially those that can have severe side effects. I started taking Flecainide 50 mg 2 x a day on October 13th as my paroxysmal atrial fib was getting more and more common. Before this year I would get afib once a month. Then it started happening a few times a week, sometimes more. My cardiologist prescribed Flecainide because the afib was affecting my quality of life. So far it is definitely working to keep my heart in rythym., No abnormalities that I know of. However I do have a slight headache most of the time and feel fatigued a lot and sometimes feel a little like I am not taking a full breath. I am trying to see if these symptoms subside."

patae (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I started having A Fib in 2003, after 3 trips to the hospital my Dr put me on Flecainide 100mg twice a day and 50 mg of metoprolol I have not had a single episode until 4 days ago, I went to my cardioigist this morning and he told me to take 300 mg of Flecainide tonight and if that did not get me back into normal rythem I will have a cardioversion 2 days from now."

weezee October 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Had AFib for 6 months. Did the cardio version once. Went on this drug 5 days later tried cardio version again and it worked. Been on drug now for 10 days. Feeling tired have shortness of breath with even light exercise like walking around the block. Also headaches not happy about it"

A fib (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Only on it for 8 days. After 5 days started having shortness of breath, muscle spasms in upper back, pounding heart rate, fatigue, stiffness in neck and face."

bilswyfe (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been treated for AFib for about 6 years, after a long episode resulted in an ER visit. My dosage was raised to 100mg x2 per day after a short period of 50 mg, which didn't entirely prevent Afib. I have experienced some blurring of vision, dizziness, and fatigue, but have always dismissed as minor. I am starting to exercise more and am worried that the medication will prevent me from getting enough air/oxygen in my system."

Ardobeltza July 27, 2015