User Reviews for Flecainide

Also known as: Tambocor

Learn more about Flecainide.

Paroxysmal Supravent...ular Tachycardia 3 reviews 1 medications

8.1
Supraventricular Tachycardia 1 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Flecainide reviews 83 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Flecainide

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been taking 50mg of flecainide twice a day for 2 years now and still love it. I have had no incidences of afib and no side effects. I do like my alcohol and have 1-2 drinks daily. I believe the flecainide keeps me from having an alcohol related episode which my doctor believes is my trigger. I agree with him but also think dehydration, dieting and stress have been contributing factors as well, and again, the flecainide overrides them all. I'm sure it's not perfect for everyone, but for me it's been a godsend."

rozebot (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been on Flecainide for about 3 months. Before, I was having Afib everyday, usually at night for over a year. And even after taking other medications prior to Flecainide , it would take several hours before the Afib would go away. It was a terrible existence. Since taking Flecainide, I have had NO Afib. This to me has been remarkable. The side effects for me are mainly tiredness for a couple of hours after taking it. It might give me constipation but I really think that diet plays a greater role. Eating more fiber and veggies, and less meat is better for me. I have been taking Flecainide once in the early afternoon and then once usually an hour before bedtime, each time with 100 mg. I wonder if I can stop taking it in the future?"

MarilynSF December 16, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "No side effects. Keeps my afib in check. I have to stay cool or I can go into Afib. I take 100 mg twice a day."

Lilarene October 13, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Three months ago, because of paroxysmal afib and after wearing an event monitor, I was put on both Flecainide (50 mg twice per day) and Metoprolol (50mg at night). The original dose was Flecainide 100 mg twice per day, but when I told the cardiologist that I didn't like the way it made me feel, he immediately said "Well OK, just take half the amount each time", as though the difference wasn't a big deal! The Flecainide seems to be working, but instead of feeling better I am feeling progressively worse by the day. Not sure whether Flecainide is to blame or the Metoprolol. Feel I'm in a dream most of the time, excessive daytime sleepiness, slight dizziness, memory problems, depression. Hard to get hold of cardiologist."

Nanfran (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Flecainide has given me my life back. I have had NO side effects....maybe the first week or two it didn't take effect immediately.. but I love this med. It has changed my life for the better after suffering from long bouts of atrial fibrillation.."

Besami September 28, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Beware of this drug. My mother was put on this drug in addition to diltiazem. It sucked all the life out of her. She got tremors; couldn't walk 100 meters without catching a breath. Major fatigue and weight gain. If you're sensitive to meds, do not use this drug. She will stop this drug today."

bad_drug_finder July 28, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "afters years of Sotalol and many AF attacks Flecanide has been a wonder drug for me, I get tired but don't blame flecanide thats to easy, many things cause tiredness!"

moveon (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I had the first afib experience in 2004 (age 63)while playing senior softball, took shock paddles to convert. Kept playing sports and had second episode in 2007, converted with Amiodarone. Stayed on that until new doctor (insurance changed), took me off without a replacement, re-ocurrence couple months later, restarted on Amiodarone for conversion. Back with original doctor, kept up Amiodarone and all the blood work, x-rays, pulmonary function tests, etc. required semi-annual till 2014. Finally (after more tests) was switched to 100 mg. Flecanide & 12.5 mg. Metoprolol twice daily, with no semi-annual tests. So far-so good, except for some arthritis ? issues, still active in sports (senior). Hopefully this will stay with me."

PJ&co July 13, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I am a reasonably well controlled insulin dependant diabetic. I was put onto flecainide as I was unable to have an atrial ablation and had reacted badly to both beta blockers and calcium blockers. Within 24 hrs of taking a dosage of 30 g , twice, I lost all control of my blood sugars. I stopped taking flecainide within 48 hrs of the start due to out of control blood reads ie excessively high. 2 days further down the line I still have no control of my blood sugars and have so trebled the amount of insulin I would normally take, eg 14 at breakfast to 8( plus an additional 8 units mid morning). 18 at lunch compared to a usual 8 units as examples. My diet has currently very little carbs in it as I attempt to get things back under control."

Sue Travis (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "After a number of inconvenient and stressful visits to ER where I had an injected dose of flecainide ( which put me back into sinus rhythm) my cardiologist prescribed me 200 mg of Flec tabs plus 50 mg of metropolol on going into AF. It works a treat reversing me in 1 to 3 hours but I'm hoping doesn't lead to some of the side effects described in other articles on the net."

Jac 71 year old male January 24, 2016

For Atrial Flutter: "Medicine works great, but after being on flecainde for weeks, I started getting a dry mouth and a cough."

4291 January 3, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "This medication (Flecainide) was prescribed as well as Cardizem CD for chronic A-Fib although nothing was found wrong with my heart, electrical or plumbing. Serious side effects occurred and I stopped taking them, took me three months to recover from the meds. Did my own research and learned that Fosamax was actually responsible for my A-Fib. The Doctors at the Heart Hospital didn't have a clue. Has been four years now and no A-Fib and absolutely no meds! This was a nightmare experience! Female, 74 years old."

mehrstetten (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I don't ever like taking new medicines especially those that can have severe side effects. I started taking Flecainide 50 mg 2 x a day on October 13th as my paroxysmal atrial fib was getting more and more common. Before this year I would get afib once a month. Then it started happening a few times a week, sometimes more. My cardiologist prescribed Flecainide because the afib was affecting my quality of life. So far it is definitely working to keep my heart in rythym., No abnormalities that I know of. However I do have a slight headache most of the time and feel fatigued a lot and sometimes feel a little like I am not taking a full breath. I am trying to see if these symptoms subside."

patae (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I started having A Fib in 2003, after 3 trips to the hospital my Dr put me on Flecainide 100mg twice a day and 50 mg of metoprolol I have not had a single episode until 4 days ago, I went to my cardioigist this morning and he told me to take 300 mg of Flecainide tonight and if that did not get me back into normal rythem I will have a cardioversion 2 days from now."

weezee October 6, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Had AFib for 6 months. Did the cardio version once. Went on this drug 5 days later tried cardio version again and it worked. Been on drug now for 10 days. Feeling tired have shortness of breath with even light exercise like walking around the block. Also headaches not happy about it"

A fib (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Only on it for 8 days. After 5 days started having shortness of breath, muscle spasms in upper back, pounding heart rate, fatigue, stiffness in neck and face."

bilswyfe (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been treated for AFib for about 6 years, after a long episode resulted in an ER visit. My dosage was raised to 100mg x2 per day after a short period of 50 mg, which didn't entirely prevent Afib. I have experienced some blurring of vision, dizziness, and fatigue, but have always dismissed as minor. I am starting to exercise more and am worried that the medication will prevent me from getting enough air/oxygen in my system."

Ardobeltza July 27, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am a 59 year old female and have been taken off of Flecainide (100 mg./day) after using it for 5 months since my occasional afib episodes stopped. I was advised to stop drinking alcohol by my electrophysiologist since he was convinced this was my trigger. I did for a while, but then started having a couple of drinks a few times a week. In the past few months, I have had 2 episodes and now use the 'pill in the pocket' method to stop them. I thank 'googling' for even knowing of this method since my doctor didn't tell me about it until I brought it up, however he did say it was fine to do and recommended taking 2 of the 50 mg. pills at one time. Within 1 hour, both times, my heart reverted back to its normal rhythm and I had no ill effects."

rozebot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2015

Tambocor (flecainide) for Atrial Flutter: "Kept me in regular sinus rhythm but after three years on the med I failed a stress test due to QRS widening, a potentially fatal heart rhythm irregularity. Doctor states it was caused by the medication"

cv1 May 22, 2015

Tambocor (flecainide) for Ventricular Tachycardia: "I have been on Flecainide since 2008 for Afib and I am very pleased. I would suggest trying this before a Defibulator or letting them do Ablation."

Patriciads627 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have been taking 2 per day, 50 mg tablets for about 3 years. Irregular heart beat and high pulse rate with even brief exertion have been essentially eliminated. My life is much more comfortable and much less worrisome. I do believe my vision has become somewhat more blurry, but the + outweighs the -."

Anonymous May 7, 2015

For Atrial Flutter: "Works Wonders!"

SgtOxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "On occasions taking Flecainide triggers my atrial fibrillation. It's quite immediate, about 1-2 minutes after taking the medicine. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I just wonder if I should stop taking it."

csong October 28, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am a 58 year old female who had two afib episodes in a 6 week period that did not stop until I was converted back to sinus rhythm in the ER. I had been on Metoprolol for two years but after the second afib incident, I was also put on 50mg of Flecainide two times a day. I have had no side effects except a lower heart rate, therefore my Metoprolol dosage had to be adjusted down to 25 mg. a day from 50."

rozebot (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "My pac's started up about 10 years ago and 18 months ago I developed Atrial-flutter and Atrial-fibrillation. I had an ablation for flutter but still had A-fibrilation. This medicine scared the heck out of me after reading about it online. I decided to trust my EP and give it a shot. It's been 3 months since I started and no A-fibrillation. My Pac's have nearly gone away as well. I used to get 500 skips in a day but now I only feel one or two total during the course of a week. I feel great and hope it keeps working. After I started taking Flecainide, I did have about 10-14 days of mild side effects (tired, headache, indigestion-bloating) but feel completely normal now. I have much more energy and psychologically I am very upbeat. My heard beats normally now, it's awesome!"

AshfordB September 24, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next