User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Also known as: Xarelto

Learn more about Rivaroxaban.

Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 2 reviews 3 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 4 reviews 40 medications

2.3
Summary of Rivaroxaban reviews 103 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "My mother was on these for 9 months. It caused her to have constant, severe diarrhea. Just yesterday she had a major bleed whilst going to the toilet. She had numerous tests on her tummy troubles a few months back and they found nothing wrong. Obviously Dr's prescribed these and couldn't be bothered reading up on the drug. She has been so sick for 6 months. Crazy."

Maree9 March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I developed a DVT in my thigh after hurting my back and being unable to get around for a few weeks, ended up in the hospital for 5 days on total bed rest. Shortly after a large DVT was found in my right thigh. I was put on Xarelto for one year. I have been on it now for 6 months and my leg and foot stays swollen, but does not hurt. My hair fell out for the first two months and then stopped, I have had no other side effects. I feel good with the exception of getting tired more easily."

Nutmeglady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I have been on this medication for 5 weeks now and since starting it my body has been so itchy and I don't know if I should stop it."

Olive oil February 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "Just started on xerelto"

Linda3569 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Experienced tiredness, nosebleeds, rectal bleeding A tiny cut is still bleeding three days after it happened Not happy, seeing Doctor tomorrow"

Ossy (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: "Developed a serious DVT blood clot in the arm that broke loose into a small PE in my left lung. I spent 3 months on Xarelto (3 weeks at 15 mg/twice a day and then 20 mg/once a day). Completely recovered from PE and arm clot during that time and felt great (no side effects from Xarelto at all!). 3 weeks after quitting Xarelto, I developed a massive bi-lateral PE and found out I have Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome. I'm now back on Xarelto (and will be on thinners for life) for a little over a month. The PE has cleared up and I've returned to hiking. No side effects/symptoms at all from the Xarelto. Despite a few bumps and scrapes while hiking, I don't even have abnormal bleeding/bruising! I'm guessing this is due to it's short half life."

48 yr old Male (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "In answer to change of health after going from 30mg a day to 20mg: I was diagnosed with a massive saddle PE on May 1, 2016 after having uncontrolled sweating with subsequent shortness of breath. 911 call, ER, BP 60/40 w/pulse 130-160. Doctor said surprised I made it to the hospital. Healthy, active 56yr old released after overnight stay with 6mos Xarelto therapy. Was fine with 21 day 15mg 2x day; 20 mg change made me feel like I was dying. Realized it was too much for my system at one time; cut the pill in half & took 1/2 2xday--still got my 20mg & felt good again. Finished with treatment for moment; since was unprovoked they've done extensive tests to find I have Factor 5. Waiting to see how 2.5mg Eliquis 2x dy 6mos works; just started."

QuickRecovery (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Experience initially- hives which disappeared after a few days- replaced by rash and itching on my ankles and feet which continues. Also woozy and light headedness continues."

Anonymous January 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I take xarelto for pulmonary embolisms and for dvt. My son takes it for dvt. We both have Factor 5. We both experience really bad leg pain, we both have chest pains, pains in hands and arms. We both feel very cold all the time. There are more symptoms but that is the worse symptoms. I have been on xarelto for only 5 months. My son has been on it for 2-3 years. Without insurnce it is $375.00 a month. My insurance covers mine but he has no insurance. He keeps losing his jobs because he can't work due to blood clots and or his leg pain."

Tina Spaulding (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "My mother is in the hospital now almost on her death bed from Xarelto. It caused her to have a gastrointestinal bleed and she has bloody fluid around her heart which had to be removed and she still has a chest tube for that, I don't recomment anyone to take this drug. It will kill you!"

Warningfolksofthisdrug December 27, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I'm a 50 yr old female who is still menstruating. I started this drug in the hospital and my cycle went from 3-5 days - up to 9 days then stopped. This month- I am on day 15 of an incredibly heavy cycle. I wear TWO extra long overnight pads ( which should last 10 hours) and I go through them in less than 2 hours. I started this drug after a mild stroke that seems to have been a by-product of A-fib . I didn't want Coumadin (aka Rat Poison) - and thought out of the 3 two-year old medicines left, this seemed to be the best for my active lifestyle. It is not. The bleeding is so heavy, I am exhausted. Pains in my feet adn ankles. Back pains, neck pains and Migraine like headaches on the opposite side of my stroke affected side. HELP!"

DameInDistress (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: "Put on xarelto 15 mg twice a day for thrombosis in left arm. First week was awful. I was dizzy and light headed, especially within an hour of taking the medicine. My doctor did warn me I had to take with food and the same times every day. After a week, I am not feeling lightheaded. I do however have joint pain, especially in my hands. My joints hurt a lot once I wake in the morning. Have to take for another week twice per day then will be put on 20 mg once a day. Give it some time to work."

Mac, 34 Female (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pulmonary Embolism: "50 yr old male-Undiagnosed PE in left lung. Had always been VERY active in the gym ( weights etc). Been on Rivaroxaban for 3 months now and looking forward to getting off the medication in another 3 months as long as haematology results okay. I really notice I am on this drug with good and bad days but tiredness and lack of 'get up and go' is getting to me. I still go in the gym which I think helps actually (run 5 miles and then light weights 3 to 4 times a week). I do sometimes suffer headaches and blurred vision too. I just pray I am not on this for life and have empathy for those unfortunately who are! It is better to be alive though and there will be alternatives one day-stay strong and live life to the full!!"

50 yr old FIREFIGHTER December 6, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Not many people take this drug for my condition (Antiphospholidid Syndrome) in the UK, so I'm what you might call an 'experiment', but I begged and pleaded to go on it as I'd had enough of taking warfarin, my INR was never steady and I was having blood tests taken every week sometimes. It does have some not so good side effects. When I first started taking it, I felt dizzy and faint within a couple of hours, so my haematologist suggested I take it just before bed instead of in the morning which solved the problem. It makes me more tired than before I was on it and I don't have as much energy. I've always been a stressful person and have noticed I seem to get more anxiety now. The good outweighs the bad though, I've had no more mini-strokes, so it's doing its job!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Light pink bleeding from my throat and. sores on tongue. Sore. and cramps in feet and legs.pink blood in nose also.Tingling in fingers. Sore arms, stiff neck Stomach pain that goes to my back.Shortness of breath."

Hinz November 20, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "Have been on Xarelto for 2 1/2 yrs after pulmonary embolism. First 20mg, then 15mg, now 10 mg. Have experienced a lot of negative side effects. Muscle and skeletal pain, intense burning pain in legs and other parts of body. Limits my movement tremendously and has had a very negative effect on my lifestyle. Am in pain everyday even with pain killers. If I stop Xarelto for a few days feel a lot better and am able to walk without little pain. My doctor says it's my imagination. That pain is not coming from Xarelto! Frustrating."

survivorbels September 21, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Very nauseous, hope hair does not fall out"

ywbeach (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pulmonary Embolism: "My 14 year old daughter suffered from pulmonary embolism after a long haul flight. After long discussions with doctors, it was agreed she would be on Xarelto. She has the height and weight of an adult so it made sense for her to be on Rivaroxaban. Various tests are being carried out as she is too young to have blood clots so there may be an underlying problem. Initially she experienced headaches, had a nose bleed and bleeding gums, blurred vision, fatigue, dizziness and some bruises but some of these symptoms have subsided. She still suffers from fatigue, some bruising but all under control. She takes 20mg daily and will be taking the medicine for a period of 6 months, at least. It will all be dependant on her test results!"

JJPJMP September 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "It has side effects. I cant treat it."

Temame September 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "After starting Xarelto, I saw no change after a few days so I headed out to my sales territory. I decided to spend the night in Chattanooga. I urinated before midnight and thought I saw a slight pink tint to my urine. I got up to urinate about 2 hrs later and decided to pee in a cup. Defintely reddish. I used another cup about 4 am and when I got up about 5:30-6am. This time my urine looked like ketchup water......I canceled safety talks and headed home to see my doctor. Defintely had blood in my urine. He stopped Xaralto..... Back to Coumadin and monitoring."

deermeat48 August 21, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "i have had 2 incidences with DVT and PE in 2012 first one both, leg and lung, leg swelled was being told everything but DVT, went to hospital they found it. all the hospital things interventional radiology went in and shot PE with clot busters, icu 4 days heparin drip then lovenox shots came home on coumadin for 9 months, 3 years later massive PE only symptom with this was SOB, seen all the Dr's heart, hematologist, vascular, pulmonary, can't find the WHY this happened, taking Xarelto now for 10 months will be on it for life, i do not have any side effects that i am aware of, or that bother me,taking it religiously every night , only scary thing is no antidote as of now, and afraid it will come back, cat scans showed it has improved"

joanib August 5, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: "When my calf swelled up hard, felt like a golfball was in it. I waited a week for the swelling to subside thinking it was a strain. Since it didn't subside I saw my doc who had me get the ultrasound and the dvt was confirmed. I was put on xarelto 30mg a day for 21days. In 3 days, the swelling was gone but I continued the med per drs presciption. After 15 days on the med, I started experiencing Tinnitus that sounds like a dentist drill. After 30 days on the med I now have a non stop migraine and 24x7 tinnitus. I stopped the drug for 48hours and the symptoms subsided. IMHO the drug works great till the DVT is cleared, but then it starts doing more harm than good. I think the drug co knows this, but wants the $$$$ sales."

1961jbar July 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: "I've only been on it 6 weeks. If you're going to let a Doctor prescribe this for you, make sure your doctor is going to be there through all of the side effects that come with it. I had to replace my first vascular surgeon already because he didn't care at all that my periods were now 16 days long. This drug may cause me to have another surgery to have an IUD put in to stop my periods completely. The claims on their website that this drug does not interact with food is untrue. There are complications just like being on the older medications. Find a doctor who knows everything about this drug before agreeing to be on it!"

MattJen July 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I am a 37 whose body hates me. May 20th I had a hernia repair repair (1st surgery went bad). 3 weeks later I got an infection in my incision. Dr did a CT scan. That's when he saw the clot in my ovarian vein. 8 cm long. He admitted me to the hospital immediately. Was on heparin drip and strong antibiotics. After 2 days blood was flowing a tad bit better. Was put on Xarelto. So far it seems ok. Minor side effects. Sore back, very mild dizzy spells, sore stomach (maybe from surgery and infection) and some weird tingling in my mouth. Nothing major after being on it almost a month. I do have to be on it for 6 months total. Hope nothing else happens. I can handle the side effects I do have. Just hope it makes the clot go away."

Bad Luck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I've been taking Xarelto for 5 months for a blood clot brain . I've felt a range of side effects including : dizziness/vertigo, headaches, photosensitivity, lesions on my nose, ear and tongue, sinusitis, nausea, diarrhea, HEAVY menstrual bleeding, and general aches/fatigue. Basically, any kind of infection I get is much worse than it would be normally. I haven't had any major bleeding events, but my periods have been debilitatingly heavy. As far as effectiveness, it has worked for me and I have not developed any further clotting, which is the most important thing. Not sure if other blood thinners are as effective and have less severe side effects, but if they are, it probably would've been worth the extra trips to the doc for me."

Nickname1234 July 1, 2016