User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation
2.3

Summary of Rivaroxaban reviews 6.2 137 reviews

Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: "Developed multiple PEs as a side effect of the oral contraceptive pill - after discharge, I took Innohep with Xarelto for 2 weeks, then Xarelto alone for 6 months. Taking Xarelto instead of warfarin stopped me from becoming even more of a pincushion from needles and prevented frequent hospital visits. I experienced next to no side effects, aside from feeling cold and dizzy occasionally. I was lucky with my government's healthcare as they covered virtually the entire cost, but it would have been very expensive otherwise (about €300 a month)."

Jo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "First 5 weeks on Xarelto I had explosive diarrhea A sac of blood formed at the back of mouth and broke while brushing teeth. I had wondered if the sac was pus signalling abscess, however, after the sac broke and blood flowed, no other problems occurred. My eyes have sandy substances that I am continually rubbing away, eyes are red, irritated, look tired. Sometimes I cannot read what is on a computer screen or in a book. I have tiredness/weakness. Also, headaches/neck aches which are not normal for me. Will be discussing these at an appointment in July. I have been on Xarelto for 4 1/2 months."

Smiles (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I was treated at a local hospital for minor chest pains. The chest X-Ray and EKG came back normal. Advised docs that the pain was mountains pass 10; however, I was subsequently prescribed with a narcotic which I refused. Two days later the pain returned so I visited the local VA hospital. Subsequent CT scan determined a PE in my right lung. Docs prescribed me with 20mg Xarelto for 90 days. They later extended my medication due to a heterozygous mutation because they wanted to do further research. I’ve exhibited symptoms of dizziness (initially), minor leg pain and fatigue. Anxiety increased overtime because neither of them were excruciating and I never had any shortness of breath. After telling doc of my initial symptoms, which I no longer have with the exception of the minor leg pain, he assumed that it was in my imagination. Three months later, I broke out in hives. I was upset at the fact that they basically refused to discuss the side effects"

LEO May 31, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I experienced blood urine for 3 weeks."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on Xarelto for afib for just over 1 year. Did not experience experience any side affects until recently I had blood in my urine . Up to then the degree of afib did not improve. I am assuming the blood was attributed to kidney stones but I had none of the symptoms, e.g. no pain at all and no difficulty in urinating. My doctor told me to stop taking the Xarelto immediately, which I did and 6 days later my urine is pale yellow and clear and assuming it continues to be I'll take my chances and forget about blood thinners."

Les (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I was 55 when I was diagnosed with DVT that caused extreme pain and swelling. Doppler testing confirmed blockage from mid-thigh to the base of my calf for both primary and secondary veins of my left leg. I was prescribed Xarelto and was placed on the drug for six months. At the end of the six months the condition improved sufficiently to allow complete blood flow. I was then placed on high aspirin use for the next 12 months. I was not aware of any noticeable side effects. The condition existed for me due to being athletic, a consultant with over 20 years of frequent air travel, and was a pre-mature birth. These are all known conditions that can lead to DVT."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Diagnosed with blood clot in left leg. Put on Xarelto, after 3 doses had severe headache and neck pain. Dr. took me off and will try something else. Treatment worse than the problem."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on xarelto for 7 months. I had bleeding in both eyes the first month, bleeding from Hemmoroids after that and still do. My joints and muscles hurt so bad and its actually hard to walk at times. I have swollen legs , feet and hands. I do know I am overweight and 71 years old but my blood pressure is controlled on meds. I do have afib, but I want off this terrible medication. Doctor told me they are all the same and I need to stay on it. Coumadin made me terribly sick , dizzy and tired. I am ready to give up and just take natural thinners."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: "I hate the side effects from Xarelto. I've been diagnosed with Leiden factor V blood disorder. Had been on warfarin for 10 years with no side effects however it was discovered blood clots were still forming in my legs. Was placed on Xarelto October 2017. Up until October I was very active in running 3-4miles 5 x week along with swimming 2-3,000 yards 1-2x a week. Now I can barely walk briskly. Terrible knee joint and leg muscle pain. Can no longer enjoy running or swimming. Doctor suggested putting me on Eliquis....read other patient accounts for that drug and it seems worse than Xarelto. I'm alive but frustrated that pain from from side effects of this drug has severely restricted physical activity"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "RESPONDING TO "cludden i50" I've been taking Xarelto for 4 weeks and have blood in my urine intermittently. CAT -Scan shows no cancer in urinary tract but stones stuck in ureter are the cause and hoping removing them will stop bleeding. Suggest you do these tests."

ken3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I’ve been on this drug since Sep 2017. Sometime November 2017, I’ve experiencing some right leg pain, posterior calf and hamstring pain while driving. I’m very active and still managed to workout almost at least 5 times a week. The pain subsided late December 2017 but still experiencing the same pain occasionally. Now I guess the drug also triggers my BPH. Any thoughts on this?"

LAchargers17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I made a comment here a couple of years ago when I had just been put on Xarelto, before that I had been on Elequis. The side effects were to bad, especially with Xarelto, that I stopped any medication. However, a change in Cardiologist, and I was eventually persuaded to try another, PRADAXA. This one suits me and I have no side affects at all Xarelto gave me really bad migraines, my head felt as if it was swelling and my eyes popping out. I couldn’t get out of bed most days. I will never forget that. You have to take responsibility for your health. Always speak to your Doctor first. If your not happy get a second opinion."

Paulanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "In 2008, a kindergarten kiddo knocked me down and I broke my femur. I ended up with a DVT and bilateral PEs. Took Warfarin but my INR was all over the place, so Doctor put me on Lovenox until all was clear. Fast forward to this past October 13, 2017. Woke up with swollen and hurting ankle. I feared a superficial clot. NEVER dreamt I had a DVT... Much less 3 huge clots from behind my knee stretching all the way to my ankle. Dr. started me on Elaquis and, of course, I was allergic to it. I was switched to Xarelto. 3 days later, I started having HORRIBLE headaches that began about one hour after taking the med and last ALL day long! I'm up and down all night, either insomnia or leg cramps. I am waiting to hear from dr on a plan. HATE this med!"

Kindergarten Teacher December 11, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Drug works. Thins your blood out! Been on Xarelto for 1 year and quitting it. Have a loop monitor for 6 months and no AFib. One doctor says quit it one says stay on. Some score they use says I can quit so that's what I'm going to do. First six months had some muscle pain but I blamed Lipitor. Started to get blurry vision so eye doctor said everything was fine. Now I'm a year in. I have 2 large bruises on both legs and big toe just recently for really no apparent reason. Nose bleeds almost daily, muscle pain in bicep and upper back with heavy feeling in legs when walking. Shortness of breath comes out of nowhere and lasts less than an hour happens on occasion. Quit and so far muscle pain has subsided."

RogerAFib November 4, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "It killed my beloved mother in July 2014 she was suddenly rushed by ambulance early morning hours. She had several ischemia strokes and had uncontrollable bleeding after surgery she died to taking xarelto. Now I've been turned down by lawyers because the death report said she died from C.O.P.D. and trying to find another law firm who will take my case the end results are death from this bad drug"

Fourc77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "My beloved mother went to the hospital by ambulance in 2014. She had afib which caused her to have ischemic strokes, bloody urine found out later in coffee can. She was in a nightmare for 6 weeks until the early morning hours of July 12th 2014 . They did an abdominal surgery so that the bleeding would stop and they had to cauterise her arteries in her stomach and put a vac pac on her. Then was rejected on the case so far because her death report said she died from COPD can someone help me try to get justice . "

Fourc77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "On my fifth week. Everything was fine. I cannot remember if I doubled my 20mg dosage yesterday, but this morning up to noon time I was urinating blood. I have gone twice more since noon time with no blood. Has anyone else experienced this with xarelto before?"

cluddeni50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Xarelto seems to work for thinning the blood and allowing clot reabsorption but it causes bleeds particularly heavy periods. This major side effect which obviously affects women but not men does not seem to be addressed by Xarelto and therefore it is under researched. Heavy periods are associated with anemia which in turn can cause heart and other organ problems as well as cause fatigue and weak immune system apart from the obvious life style inconvenience to women sufferers."

Anonymous August 26, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "My mom has AF and didn't take any blood thinner before. She went to emergency in US and the doctor prescribed this drug to her. She followed the instruction to take the medicine. About 25 days later, she got the brain bleeding and woke up three weeks later after surgery, another two weeks later, she had the second brain bleeding, a few weeks later she passed away. It took my mom to the heaven. What should I say. "

Blind Trust (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have episodes of red blood cells in my urine, (colour of red wine). GP has referred me to the urology specialist at General Hospital. Is this normal after 3 months of taking this meds?"

C.Y (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Apparently helps my a-fib, but causes bad bruising and bleeding from minor wounds. I also have bad heart burn and take antacid frequently. This happens while I'm eating, after, and also when my stomach is empty. A friend who tried Xarelto had the same problem, which makes me think it's from the medicine, or at least it made it worse. This causes me lots of pain and discomfort, but I don't know if another blood thinner would be the same."

Jeepy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I had a PE in 2014. Will be on blood thinners for life. Specialist switched me from warfarin to Xarelto last February and life has been three shades of hell ever since. Weight gain, pain, headaches, hair loss, ridiculous fatigue ... my period was out of control- like Carrie (stephen king) style until I finally got an IUD device (which I have never really wanted to do but at least my iron stores have recovered.) I found a new family doctor who agreed to put me back on warfarin but the specialist talked me out of it this winter. I'm so weak and tired I can't stand it. Started on warfarin yesterday and get to quit the Xarelto in two days. Can't wait."

Jabba The July 15, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I was taking Xarelto for DVTs in my right leg. For the most part the drug went as expected. Until I got a nose bleed. When it started it was like any other. Then the bleeding started like a cut vein. And it would not stop. I was rushed to emergency at a local hospital, where they shoved 2 devices that were to help it stop. They did not work and the ER doc on hand had to put larger ones in. I was told at the time there wasn't any drugs that would slow the bleeding down. It was time and compression that worked. It scared the hell out of me. As of now I will not go back on it due to these effects. And also due to my work. If I got a bleed in the place I work, it'd be disastrous."

RJ347 July 10, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: "Xa inhibitors such as Xarelto are increasingly becoming more commonly prescribed and very effective in treating Antiphospholipid syndrome (an autoimmune disorder that causes 'sticky blood' resulting in clots) as an alternative to Warfarin, particularly in the cases of patients such as myself who had unstable INR results. The side effects have been minimal, and possibly can't all necessarily be blamed on Xarelto as I take many other medications, some with similar side effects such as tiredness and headaches. The worst side effect for me is dizziness, but my specialist recommended I take it just before bed instead of the morning as the dizziness wears off within several hours."

fizzypop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "While on Xarelto I experienced a stroke. Partial loss of vision. I have atrial fibrillation. Initially, a few years ago I was put on Coumadin. That was a hassle. Then I was very glad when Pradaxa came out and it was prescribed. But it caused such stomach pain. I was then put on Xarelto. I took it faithfully as prescribed. I had no discomfort or side effects, but then in December of 2016 I had the stroke. Now I am on Eliquis."

BuckeyeJoJo July 1, 2017