User Reviews for Edoxaban

Also known as: Savaysa

Edoxaban has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings on Drugs.com. 0% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 67% reported a negative experience.

Atrial Fibrillation
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
Summary of Edoxaban reviews 3.0 4 reviews

peppercleo · April 3, 2017

Savaysa (edoxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I was scheduled for Cardio Version to treat A-Fib. I stopped taking 48 hours before the procedure. I was told the treatment would take 2 hours and I must lie flat for a total of 4 hours. Well, 10 1/2 hours later, I was still lying flat from severe bleeding in my bladder - not even where the incision was made. I was allowed to go home the next day. The doctor's PA told me to start back up right away on Savaysa to prevent a stroke. I did even though I disagreed. In less than 6 weeks I began to have double vision and lost the use of my left leg. My husband insisted I go to the emergency room. Long story short, brain scan found two bleeding brain masses & I was flown to a Hospital in Phoenix where I remained 8 days”

Erik179 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 25, 2018

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Have had AF (atrial fibrillation) since Aortic Valve changed in 2011, age 65, I feel great , only mild AF at night Now have a leaking Mitral Valve age 72 Still feel great, but get a bit tired Doctor persuaded me to go onto Anticoagulants due to Stroke risk. So now on Edoxaban, they wanted me to start Warfarin which I was not interested in. So far no side effects 2 months on Seem to pass water, more water at night. No aches and pains , no bleeding, some bruising at start of taking this. After reading all the feedback on the other Anticoagulants, which are appalling, I feel I may be lucky with this, otherwise will come off this and go back to the Baby Aspirin which i used to take, but won't help with a stroke with A.F. Also take milled flax seeds, large serving spoon a day, Turmeric 600 tabs , and Garlic 1000mg tab Recently had 8 weeks Radiotherapy, advanced Prostrate Cancer, Still feel great, Just back from Benidorm”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · September 8, 2021

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I had an appointment with the doctor suffering with swollen ankles. he prescribed water tablets and arranged an appointment with a specialist who carried out an ECG, took me off 75mg aspirin which I had been taking for many months and prescribed 60mg edoxaban, arranged heart scan and 24 hour monitor. On returning home I received a phone call to report that something was urgent as something showed on monitor on the 3rd night I experienced really bad muscle problem ( not cramp), felt like my skin was going to burst and after 4 years visits to doctors and specialist still not received an answer to the problem. Whilst in hospital I was fitted with a pace maker. I was taken off 60mg adoxaban and prescribed 20mg riveroxabban, I am now on 75mg aspirin, the medication I was on many months previously. I have asked for copies of reports without success. I do have a report from a previous 24hour monitor which states nothing wrong with my heart or valves. Still suffering major muscle problem.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 1, 2018

Savaysa (edoxaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “It helped thin my blood during my afib. But the side effects of this medication where to life threatening. Bleeding from my lungs was my side effect.”