User Reviews for Botox

Chronic Spasticity
4.7

Summary of Botox reviews 6.2 292 reviews

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "Had tremendous results with a mix of Botox and medicines to reduce severe headache occurrences from 15+ headaches per month down to 8 or fewer. Incredible improvement. One scary drawback - noticable frontal hairloss!"

Coby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 15, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I shared my experience earlier. I had botox on November, 2018 and 6 months later, I am still having to self-cath. I go to the bathroom more now than I did before, it has been horrible. I didn't think I would have to live on the toilet but I am. The botox has really affected my life and job negatively. I have exhausted all other options and am wandering if I am going to have to live like this for the rest of my life. This has been such a horrible experience."

Cat May 3, 2019

For Cervical Dystonia "Family member has cervical dystonia (CD) related to Parkinson's Disease. He was receiving Boxtox from a specialist who eventually retired. Was not effective. New MD is a Physiatrist & he began with trying different dosages (increased) & mapping out where he injected the Botox and how much he administered in each muscle. Targeted many different & small muscles. My husband has had about 3 rounds with the new MD. Previously, his head was severely tilted to one side. Now the head is almost perfectly straight. He still has neck pain, but maybe the pain will improve with time since this is new doctor. He also receives physical therapy from an excellent provider. The physical therapy is not merely heat or cold pack, electric stimulation. It involves active patient participation, stretching, strengthening. No traction. Improvement may be due to the combination of therapies."

nolatune (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Had my second set of Botox today for overactive bladder problems, the first one lasted 8 months, could have gone longer but going on a trip in June and wanted to make sure I did not have to pack a suitcase full of pads. Best decision I ever made. After five years of wetting all the time, not getting any sleep and quality of life awful, this has been a miracle. Yes it is a little painful during the injections, but well worth the pain."

SB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I developed tinnitus back at the end of June 2018. Along with it sharp sound sensitivity. A couple of weeks later chronic daily migraine. Had Botox treatment at the end of Dec. My daily migraines changed from aching, stabbing type to a electrical burning numbing, pulsing type. Had my next botox treatment on March 22 and my symptoms are worse. I now wake up with a migraine where previously I had a few hours before onset. I as well have an increase in tinnitus level, body aches, tired dry eyes, and overall body weakness. So disappointed. Don't know if I want to try a 3rd time ."

Truenorth (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Best thing I’ve ever done, I had urge incontinence and was rushing to the loo all the time. Had 200 mgs of Botox. It was very uncomfortable having the injections but didn’t take long. Had a bad month where I thought "I’m not having this done again", but then it settled in. I sleep through the night. I have to self cath about 4 times a day. I can now go 5 hours without wanting to go. I’ve booked three holidays and regularly go out walking and travelling on public transport. Definitely a life changer."

Sally March 19, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox last Nov 2018 for my bladder and I hate it - it has changed my life. I go through more pads now and had to change to the bigger ones. I can't go anywhere for any length of time. I walk around the block have to come in and change a pad. Other then my surgery it was the worse thing I did. BUT I had to try I was desperate to get my life back. But I realize now that the life I had was okay, and now its gone. Good Luck"

Tapper March 14, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence "At first I was nervous about botox as I already have sacral nerve stimulator, had it done in 2018 and went into retention so now self catheterization. I'd rather be like this than having accidents. I've been accident free since 2018"

Jay dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had a Botox injection in my bladder in December and I had trouble peeing. My bladder was in a lot of pain before I had this done too. The severe pain did stop but still had some pain still with my bladder. By February I was having severe pain again and infections again. So that Botox injection doesn't really work. It causes problems. It is not good that you can't pee and that is what it does. I much rather run to the bathroom several times then not be able to pee at all. And my pain issue with my bladder is back so soon. So I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

help (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "Oh my God, I wish I had never tried Botox for migraine! After my first set of injections, my migraines were exactly the same and I had extreme neck pain for about a month. I should not have gone through with the second set of injections but I was desperate to take control of the migraine problem. Two weeks after my last Botox, and I have no relief whatsoever for the desperate migraines plus my neck feels totally broken. I cannot bend over to put on my shoes, unload the dishwasher, make my bed, etc. Agony. And the headaches are the same if not worse. I can't wait for that neck pain to pass again. It works for some people, I know, but not everybody."

smack (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Cervical Dystonia "After MVA I had Cervical Dystonia. Botox helps reduce spasms. Used in conjunction with physiotherapy. After initial treatments felt like I had the flu and felt ill. Also made vestibular issues worse for a time because all mechanisms are related. Still unable to do actvity do to combination of issues although the Botox is definitely helping. Anyone suffering from head injury or whiplash be sure to get assessed for neuro-vestibular and neuro-ophthalmology issues .. also certified physiotherapist specializing in upper ceevical spine. Do not recommend chiropractic to treat a traumatic injury like whiplash. Most doctors are clueless so you have to do your research. Hope this helps someone. Take care."

Ryoma (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for the second time 23rd Jan and a week later I had to go to A&E as I couldn’t wee, they tied to put a catheter in but I was screaming crying as it was so painful, they eventually got it in and I had retained 518mls, I don’t use catheters now but the sensation I get when I need to go is painful and I’m finding I have to squeeze the last drop out, I also get a shivering/shuddering sensation as I start to wee. The first time I had Botox was brilliant no problems at all that’s why I agreed for a second treatment, I’m never having it done again all I think about is my bladder, I’d rather wet my self than go through that again, can’t wait for it to wear off"

Lulu February 20, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "So far the best decision for me. Had the injections Jan. 19, 2018 and is still working I make an appointment every month just in case but so far so good! I am so sorry for other peoples nightmare results as I must be one of the lucky ones!"

ladiedi329 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I would never do this again. Since my injection one month ago I have had three trips to the ER, two foleys catheter put in, bleeding when I tried to self catheter and a physician who seems indifferent to my problem. My life has become an obsession about being able to pee. My QoL has been negatively affected. I should have found this site before I let myself get talked into procedure. What a mistake."

Q (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "My migraine was constant. Lasting weeks at a time. I have only had one treatment with Botox and it cut the intensity of the migraine considerably. I now can feel highs and lows. The lows being partial relief. Unfortunately, it is like the migraine moved into my jaw, neck, shoulders and then down my spine in a flare up. Holding my arms up while driving causes spasms that will rival the worst Charlie horse! A month in and the neck pain is getting very slowly getting better. I have tried numerous muscle relaxants and creams to help, but nothing ever kicks it. I will try a second injection. I plan to discuss omitting or limiting the injections in my neck and back of the skull with my Dr. to see if we can lessen the neck pain and still get relief."

Pain in the neck. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had the Botox in October 2018 for an overactive bladder. I got told I could go into retention for a few days. This was the worst decision of my life. 3 days after the procedure I couldn’t pee I was in agony so I got taken to A&E I was admitted and was in for 13 days. I had an infection and was in retention fully, had a fullness feeling and was in chronic pain. I got discharged with catheters and I was so sore using the catheters I couldn’t use them. So ended up back to A&E admitted again another 5 days with a indwelling catheter in this time. Then came home 3 days later the catheter got blocked the pain was that bad I couldn’t walk, sit, stand or anything. I was sick so back again to A&E admitted again it’s now middle of January I’m no better. I’m still using catheters. I've got the fullness feeling and can’t get on with my life. I don’t get any feeling of needing a wee. All I can say is please look into it properly before deciding to have this. It is not worth it at all !!!!"

Donna January 16, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "3 months ago I had my first injections. It made it so I go even more often in my pants. I read where someone did it a second time and they got better. I go in tomorrow for my second try. Mine is worse now than before I started treatment. I damaged something from my radiation. I was great until my 40 treatments of radiation. I hate wetting myself and feeling so dirty. I even decided to retire at 61 because sometimes I'd wet myself in front of customers. I pray this time it works. It's very depressing so now I am on depression meds. Wish me luck"

jimbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "We were going on a 90 day trip, and I was used to doing PTNS (Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimuation) every month. I decided to try the botox so I would not have a problem on my trip. Actually if I had read some of the horror stories on this blog, then I probably would have opted out. I am glad that I had it done. The procedure was painful. Then the twinges afterwards were like mild labor contractions for about 12 hours. Tylenol helped a lot. I told my husband that I would never have it done again. After the initial twinges and a few days it worked, and it has been amazing for 6 1/2 months, and it is still working. I feel free from rushing to the bathroom. I am now just wondering when it will wear off. I will definitely be doing it again and just taking Tylenol that first day. Just know that it hurts, then it cramps for a while, but to me it is so worth it. I am hoping I can go without another treatment for 8 or 9 months."

snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I am finished with Botox!!! The first round of 30 shots were hell afterwards! I had migraines/chronic neck pain/headaches for a month. Then I had three weeks of no migraines/headaches/neck pain. I thought I died and went to heaven. And then it all came back. Honestly, I was actually dreading the second round of Botox, but I knew I had to give it one more chance. The second round was worse!!! I wake up with what feels like a vice on my neck. Immediately I had 23 days of migraines/severe headaches straight. There is no way to explain what it feels like to lay in bed with lights off, no sound or very faint, and being in your head feeling so alone. Luckily, I have had no migraines for three weeks now but horrible headaches and a very painful neck. Migraines are the the most misunderstood, complicated illnesses both for the person who has them and secondary to that is understanding from friends and family members. It really wears me down when I have these everyday."

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For Migraine "I absolutely love botox for my migraines. They were down to 1 a month."

kim January 9, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I've been having Botox treatment for my migraines every 12 weeks for nearly 2 years and they have improved my symptoms massively, I have suffered from debilitating hemiplegic migraines for just over 20 years and despite being on most of the preventative drugs out there was getting attacks on average once a week, usually so bad that I would need hospital intervention. Since starting the Botox, I'm not saying it's magic, I still have attacks but the frequency and severity when one does hit is so much lower and I usually only start to have attacks around the time my next cycle of Botox is due, it has changed my life."

Lillypops (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Had procedure in August 2018 and have suffered with constant infections ever since. Wish I could turn the clock back as I would not have had this done- BIG mistake. I don’t think the risks are explained enough and they most certainly should be as a lot of people suffer negative effects from this treatment. Think very carefully and ask LOTS of questions before making a decision."

Bennybenson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I get the Botox injections for my cluster headaches and have informed my doctor I(neurology) that I am satisfied with the results. I'm not having to tote around needles and or pills just in case I got a cluster headache. I would agree the botox for cluster headaches for me is a 5-star rating"

X~ January 3, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had this done in December 2018 due to an over active bladder. I regret having this done. Now I can't fully empty my bladder which brings on cramps. I rather deal with the over active bladder.. At least I felt relief when I passed urine. Now constant cramps, fullness and discomfort.."

Bladder 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox a year and a half ago for OAB and it has never worn off. I’m in constant agony. I have to self catheterise nearly every hour or two, sometimes more. There’s times I’m cathetering every 20mins if I’ve had a drink. What ever goes into my bladder has to come out right away or I am in agony. It’s ruined my life wish I had never got it done!!"

Alana December 28, 2018