User Reviews for Botox

Facial Wrinkles 2 reviews 26 medications

5.5
Summary of Botox reviews 190 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Botox

For Upper Limb Spasticity "I receive the highest dose of this drug for spasticity in my upper arm. All I can say is that it definitely helps me but then the drug will wear off quickly, I am now on the highest dose."

Scott0409 April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I had sling surgery for stress incontinence. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and no leakage. I had minimal urge incontinence, but since the surgery, the urge incontinence is 100% more. I need to go every 30 minutes and have to wear the thickest pad. I have been told that I can retrain my bladder/mind if I hold on until the urge goes away, this may take months to do. I am reluctant to have botox. Has anyone done this?"

Colbak April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Facial Wrinkles "This neurotoxin sent me to the hospital with leg convulsions, extreme anxiety, confusion, pain, depression and difficulties swallowing. I'm 8 weeks post botox and still have to take meds to stop my legs from convulsing. My anxiety is still through the roof. It's a very scary thing to be told by medical professionals that there is NOTHING they can do to help you. The only advise I was given was to call 911 if my throats started to close and I'd be put on a ventilator. Everyday I'm one day closer to hopefully making a full recovery. But please if you are considering using Botox do your due diligence and be informed on the risks. I had had it many times before with no problems this time my body decided enough was enough!"

S. Hudson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention "Just got my first set of Botox injections yesterday And the experience was easy and I was definitely pleased my doctor took her time with each injection and before I knew I was done"

Annbell April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "Ok an update on my Botox treatment , close to 3 weeks since I had this done , it kicked in faster than expected and what a relief to not wear pads for the first time in years and the urge to go has basically gone and now I can sleep all night , a Huge Huge plus , now what many call the down side to the botox is the self cathing , for me I don't see this as a real down side , it takes just seconds to cath and its no big deal to me , it is such a small price to pay for the huge benefits , but thats just my opinion , cath 5 or 6 times a day , or tinkle every 30 minutes and constant leaking , I'll take cathing hands down"

Anonymous April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "For spinal cord injury's this is a life saver. I have a permanent catheter so paralyzing the bladder is not a problem, which seems to be the most frequent complaint. If they could paralyze it permanently, I'd sign up. If you suffer from leakage or involuntary urination and have a permanent catheter, try it. You won't be disappointed. I have it done twice annually for the past 10 years. My only issue are the large blood clots that can clog my catheter a few days after, but a small price to pay."

Cliffpo March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I had the procedure for my bladder with botox on December 14, 2016. It has been the most horrible experience in my life, the doctor never told me about the possible consequences of it, I will never recommend it, EVER!!!!!!! It's been almost three months and I still have problems."

Ma. Cristina (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cervical Dystonia "I have both cervical dystonia and spasmodic dysphonia. I receive Botox injections in my neck, shoulders and voice box. The injections in my shoulders accompany the injections in my neck for cervical dystonia. The injections in my shoulders leave my shoulders feeling knotted and cause frequent headaches and muscle pain. My Neurologist told me the Botox should get rid of the pain and not cause it but in my case, the headaches and muscle pain are noticeably there. Does anyone else experience this problem?"

Buffyboo123 March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I've been having bladder botox injections for 12 years at Hospital I have had urge double incontinence for about 15 years, caused by Multiple Sclerosis (primary progressive). I am nearly 70. I was tried on different treatments for about 3 years. Nothing worked. I had to wear thicker and thicker incontinence pads (very embarrassing)! Eventually, I was given Flexible Cystoscopy and Botox. Has to be done every 9 months, first it was with (20 injections), later increased to (30 inj's). It was worth every jab! Takes about 15 minutes under local. They always do FC and test your urine first. Discomfort during procedure and sore for a few days. No other side effects. Time to find a loo, and dry pants."

Dont have nickname (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I had a Botox treatment to my bladder for OAB on December 21, 2016. My urologist did not counsel me on the side effects or send me home after the treatment with an antibiotic as directed in the Botox pamphlet. Since that time, I have had two UTI's and still cannot empty my bladder. It is March 7 and I still have to self-cath every four hours. Like someone else wrote, I'm afraid my bladder will never be the same again and right now it feels like I'll be self-cathing for months. I wish I had never heard of Botox for my bladder!"

RB2020 March 7, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cervical Dystonia "Amazing.. I had cervical Dystonia from an allergic reaction to a drug when I was a kid and have been dealing with it and the pain half my life. It has stopped me from being active among with other conditions I have had. Since doing botox I haven't thrown my back or neck out, my pain has lessened and my quality of life has increased ten fold. I just got another shot (we are still figuring out my exact amount) and have been doing it for close to a year now. It takes time to reach the right amount and they don't want to give you too much early due to severe side effects of paralysising your muscles and causing a droop in neck or hard to swallow which can last several weeks or longer. I think I am close to finding my sweet spot. Don't give up!"

David15545645454 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I've been receiving Botox every 4 months for severe OAB for the past 10 years. Without it I need heavy incontinence pads or adult diapers. With it, I only experience an occasional small accident about 2 weeks before treatment and need no pads at all. It completely changed my quality of life for the better."

Esmerodo (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I've had Botox injections 3 times. The 1st time I developed symptoms after a week which made me go to the ER. My bladder was on fire! The Botox only lasted 4 months. The second time, I had zero symptoms and it kicked in right away. The Botox lasted 8 months. The third time, which was yesterday, hasn't kicked in yet but I've been having bladder pains which is relieved after emptying. But I wrote this to say that everyone is different so you can't really go by our reviews - try it out & if you don't like it, don't get it anymore, simple as that. Also, I've found it to last longer while also taking Ditrapan 10mg once a day. Ps. Someone said it's more expensive for males which isn't true, it all depends on your insurance."

M. Gg (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cervical Dystonia "Getting injections for 15 years with great relief. The key to Botox injections is that your neurologist uses the EMG (Electromyography) machine in order to find the nerve activity and inject the correct site. I insisted and the neurologist complied. I get my shots every three months and the doctor administers 250 to 300 units. I consider the injection pain nothing compared with the pain my neck suffers without them"

Inslori (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Spasticity "My daughter was forced have a baclofen pump at the age of 2 and 2 months after brain injury before anything else was tried. They set pump at 497mcg sent her home on clonazepam, diazepam, trazdone and nurotin She is so tight I couldn't get her hands to open without force. I changed doctors as they reduced the meds she loosened up more and more is able to move and use a gait trainer. Introduced botox was introduced first time 7mo ago only gave 1 injection each hamstring and 1 in each abudctor to see how she would respond. I was amazed I can't wait to see next treatment. I totally recommend boxtox"

JackO27 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Took it for basilar type migraines triggered by fibromyalgia due to a car accident when I was 12. Botox works too well in me. All the surrounding muscle of each trigger point injected locked up. This works great in my mother who has a different type of migraine"

Headachpanda (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "For years I've had to deal with my overactive bladder. I went on various prescription drugs only to have bad reactions, the worse being severely dry eyes causing a tear in my cornea, it did not put me in my happy place. In 2007 I had a bladder suspension which stopped the peeing when I laughed, coughed, sneezed or cried. That change my life but I still had that "key in the door" peeing sensation. I still had to find the bathroom every time I entered a mall or grocery store. I found the best urologist. We tried the interstem. Unfortunately I herniated a few discs in my back due to a car accident. The interstem had to come out in order to have a MRI. I have had Botox 5 times now. It's amazing. now I even get injections in his office & awake"

Having to pee all the time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention "I have been getting the injections for over a year. Takes about 4-7 days to kick in. Take it easy the first few days or your neck will hurt!! I will say that after a year of it working with no headaches-I have started to get mild headaches again. Everyone should at least try it if you have bad migraines-it saved me."

Amesme (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention "Have had classic migraine (with and without aura) since I was 8 or 9 years old. 30 years of regular intense pain. They increased until I was having 8 major migraines a month with about 20 days pain each month. I have been on Botox injections (31 every 3 months in forehead, scalp and shoulders) and had only one 'big' migraine in the 3 month cycle! Probably down to 5 days of noticeable pain a month I.e need to lie down or sleep. Has been amazing for my migraines. I guess it doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth discussing with your neurologist."

Nakka15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I just recently had my 4th Botox injection. For the first time, other than needing to use catheters due to retention (just 1 1/2 wks now), I feel normal. Every 4 hrs, and my bladder is actually full!! Over the next couple of weeks that will get better, but I still might have to cath. (knowledge from past experience) after intercourse and 1st thing in the AM. I'm okay with that. Forgot what that was like since my hyst 10 yrs. ago. For those who are frustrated after two weeks: Patience...give it time. It takes a few times for things to begin to be better, and each Botox brings better relief. The pain during the injections, although quite powerful, are well worth the results!! At least for me."

DDSS - Grateful for Botox (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention "Migraine suffer for 12 years; used Botox for 1.5 years (32 shots in my forehead, scalp, neck & shoulders) until last injunction in July 2016 caused Bells Palsy, blurry vision and loss of hearing all on the right side. It's been 7 months and droopy face is better, but vision and hearing have not returned. Neurologist said should return by 6 months or most likely permanent. I had to pay $1200 a quarter to lose my sight and hearing! Never use Botox...not worth it."

Indymigraine January 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cervical Dystonia "I have Cervical Dystonia and the first time I received the shots they didn't work I felt like it made it worse but doctor said everything I was going though was normal it would get better, she said just put ice on my neck and if that didn't help try a heating pad that didn't help so I desided not to have the shots any more, but about 6 months later I decided maybe I should try the shots again so I did and I'am glad I did because they worked the second time. I have to say when I get the shots and they hurt really bad they seem to work better I know that sounds crazy but its because she is getting the muscle that is causing the dystonia to act up. I'm really glad I give it a second chance. So if you are like me and gave up maybe try it again."

Sissy2012 January 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I've had an over active bladder for years and have had several medications with little effect. Then came the suggestion of Botox. My Doctor provided me with almost zero counselling on the effects. THEN, just as I was about to be put under, she asked me how much Botox did I want her to administer. Dah!.... should that be my decision???? I wish I had never heard of Botox. I had the Botox treatment on July 1, 2016 and it's now Jan. 10, and I have not been able to urinate without a catheter since which OVER 6 months now. Beware, Beware."

Kona Boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox injections into bladder about 3 weeks ago but it has made no difference to my OAB so far. The procedure itself is quite uncomfortable and I actually felt my symptoms were worse the week after I had it done. I know it takes two weeks to take effect so was really hoping to see a difference as the constant need to go to the toilet is so stressful. But unfortunately 3 weeks in and I don't see much if any difference. I do seem to be able to go longer through the night but daytime is no better. I've had no other side effects so don't regret trying, just wish it would work!"

Ricky05 January 4, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Overactive Bladder "Was going to the toilet every 30 mins, I have been having botox every 6 months for 3 years, Its wonderful, It last about 3 months then tapers off, Zero side effects."

78 year Old Man January 2, 2017