User Reviews for Botox

5.8
Chronic Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Botox reviews 137 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Botox

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for overactive bladder io the 11 August 2016 been very unwell since flu symptoms aching body but above all my bladder is worse than ever .on and off the toilet constantly, with terrible throbbing and feeling of contantly full bladder. Back in hospital now they don't know what's going on although they are the ones responsible for the procedure !! At the end of my tether I wish I had never had this done no doctor wants to take any sort of blame and are playing dumb this is at King George hospital in goodmayes Essex been here for 2 nights they don't know what to suggest and have been mucked about for 2 days and nights. Can't sleep as sensation gets worse when I try to relax. Don't have this done"

Jo stewart August 28, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I am 33 and have had overactive bladder all of my life. I went through a lot of treatments that didn't work. I now have a normal life thanks to botox bladder injections. I used to urinate 20-30 times a day. With botox, I'm normal!. My doctor instills lidocaine in my bladder then does the injections via cystoscopy with me awake and unmedicated. I do feel the injections, but it's not terrible, and definitely worth it to me. The first time I was so disappointed that I had more frequency after the procedure than before, but now I know it doesn't take effect immediately. I usually have fatigue about 2-3 days after the procedure and the botox takes effect in 1-2 weeks. I have had it 5 times, it lasts me about 7 months."

Kjt4100 August 27, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I am extremely happy with the Botox injections in the bladder. I have severe incontinence, overactive bladder before. I have MS and my urologist explained I would have to self-cathe after the procedure. That's no big deal. I cam wear real underwear again! Yay!"

Kim418 August 24, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Botox Bladder Beware........ I agree with that person who wished they had not let Botox anywhere near them. I had the Botox bladder procedure 8 (yes, eight) weeks ago, and I haven't peed yet (on my own). Four semi-permanet catheters the first 6 weeks and then self catheters since. Now I don't dare go out more than 3 hours after I cath....... or I'll be stranded. No hike or other lengthy activities, etc...... picture cathing behind a tree????? Another problem is that I'm getting very little info from my doctor..... maybe she's never done this before. PS--- for males it's very expensive; generally they need to put you out, and requires a surgey room. Very bad decision. Males..... don't do it; carry a bottle, & look for rtrms."

Kona Boy August 22, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Just had this done 5 days ago, finally something that works, after trying various medications for nearly 20 years, no more incontinence pads during the day, and had first night sleep without getting up 3 or four times to go to toilet. I would recommend this. Only wish it had been done years ago. I know its early days yet for me, but great improvement so far."

Anne, Falkirk, Scotland (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox in bladder 10 days ago and it has only made my bladder worse.instead of going to the toilet every 20 minutes I'm now going every 5! I'm not sleeping and have had really bad urine infection! I was back in hospital on Sunday! I would not recommend anyone getting this done. I have suffered with bladder problems for 17 years and getting really down about it all now! I have no idea what to do now."

Kerri edinburgh (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I've had Interstitital Cystitis ( IC) for about 6 years or so. Some pain while peeing and bladder pain. Last Feb 2015 the Urologist inserted the Botox into my bladder. My life for the past year and a half has been miserable to say the least. Never had problems before with incontinence but boy do I have it now. For the past year and a half I've had to wear Depends during the day and at night I have to wear an External Catheter and drain bag. My desire to do anything is not there anymore where before I was always pretty active. My Urologist doesn't understand why I'm having this outcome. He has other patients that do the Botox for the IC and had good results. Never again. Don't know if this stuff will ever wear off."

Drewry August 7, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox bladder injections just over a week ago and wished id never let them anywhere near me. I suffer with severe over active bladder disorder, intersticial cystitis and have done all of my adult life I thought, prayed this would be the answer. A week on and i'm in so much distress and discomfort and at my wits end. God only knows if its such early days what else is to come. Im being treated for UTI even though the test showed negative but it was worth a try. On reading the posts on here it seems I'm not alone. Im hopefully seeing my Doctor tomorrow but not really sure what they're going to do. I am so fed up but it is reassuring to know im not the only one. This condition is a curse that no one can understand unless they've lived wi"

jiljen August 4, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "This is my second time having Botox. They gave me 100 first and that didn't help so they doubled the dose to 200. I have gotten a little control during the day but still very incontinent at nights. Still wear Depends and pads. Very disappointed. I feel lots of pain around my private when I have the urge to pee. Also I experience a severe tingling sensation from my shoulder down my arms to tips of my fingers and as I pee the severity lessens and stops as soon as I'm finished peeing. Apparently, my Doctor has never heard about this. Am I alone here? Very frustrated."

Monday's child (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Migraine "After 6 years of intractable migraines my Neurologist gave me Botox shots. I now go in every 3 months for shots. It has dropped my daily pain level from an 8-9 to 5-6 which I can live with, believe me it's not perfect but much better. My head is sore for about 3 days after the shots, which feels like bee stings, and I usually lay around with ice packs on my noggin."

RadAngel28 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I am 38. I have Multiple Sclerosis, for the past five yrs I had to wear depends, at night no matter what I did I would leak through the depends, and all over a bed pad. Every night. A yr or so ago this urologist moved into my area. She has credentials up the but. I HATE urologist. But my MS nurse said go at least talk to her. We decided to try Botox. I love it. For some reason my MS attacks my bladder more than most. I was already self Cathing . So having to do that after botox wasn't an issue for me. fortunately it does work immensely for me, and we are using a very high dose.....but because of MS it only works for a little over 2 months for me. So for about 3 weeks I'm back to incontinence, but at day 91 I go Again!!!"

Jlh78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I have had Botox injections often over the past three years. For me they last about six months. My doctor performs the injections under general anesthesia so I don't feel a thing except for the IV that is the worst part for me. I have only gotten one UTI from the injections. I have Multiple Sclerosis, the doctor I have is knowledgeable about MS. We tried four different meds which didn't work. I have good luck with the injections so I plan on sticking with them."

owl2772 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Botox, in short, gave me my life back. It's literally a life saver."

Ausy711 July 26, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for overactive bladder six weeks ago and it's been nothing more than a nightmare for me. My main issues were frequency and bladder spasms and the Botox has only worsened these issues. I initially experienced a great deal of bleeding with large clots for 12 hours which I was unaware could occur - only slight spotting had been mentioned. Within a week I could no longer urinate and a Foley catheter was inserted. Six weeks on, my bladder remains seized and despite a number of attempts to remove the catheter, my bladder hasn't improved. I have had two uti's and been admitted to the emergency dept for severe bladder trauma, urine retention and uti. I have suffered extreme anxiety as a result of all of this. It's not for everyone!"

Kich Moochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Migraine "It seems like every time, I go to get my injections now, after all the injections(usually 40-45). That evening, I start with the worst headache ever and keep it for ( this time - Injections were on Friday 7/15 and today is 7/20). I'll probably have to go get a shot of Depakote to kill it on 7/21.I take topomax 200 mg. A day as a preventive, but I don't know. My doctor doesn't want to give me migraine meds., due to the fact I'm on so many medications already. Hrs worried about stroke or heart attack, because of my Bp and chronic pain meds., and leaky heart valves. I'm just sick of headaches all the Damn time."

neckmech (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "This is the only treatment that has cured my migraines and I've tried everything from oral medications to trigger point injections,cervical injections and anything else in between to relieve constant life changing migraines.The headaches dimished by the next day and until the Botox wears off ,about 12 weeks or so I don't have any,which is a miracle.I only wish I was given this sooner. It also only cost 80.00 out of pocket every three months. Another nice bonus or perk is any wrinkles you may have on your forehead ,in between your eyes, etc. are gone as well. This isn't a permanent medication either,with minimal side effects,better than most of the pills out there.If it doesn't work it can just be stopped and not injected again."

SamanthaSunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I'm on my 3rd dose of Botox. I have bladder incontinence. My bladder was in a constant spasm. It was hard to leave the house After trying pills after trying Depends after having a few accidents I agreed to the Botox injections. I found the procedure uncomfortable but maybe for 5 minutes. It took most of the first year to get used to using a cath as a norm. You can get reusuable ones or pre-lubricated once. I now use the later but they are more expensive. The first round lasted 1 year the second round lasted 6 months and now I'm on my third round. The first and third round more Botox was used. I love it. No more leaks, accidents. I can sleep all night. Take long walks, long car rides."

LovingBotox (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox March 21st 2016..When i havent got a UTI it works a treat,since having it done i have had a UTI just about every other week..Its sad because it does make a massive difference...Awaiting water test results just getting over another UTI as i write..I have become immune to certain antibiotics ..Not sure if im gonna have it again"

buzzfm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I'm am shocked to hear how disappointed everyone is with Botox and I'm sad too. I completely understand the frustration, embarrassment and all round annoyance of peeing yourself. I started having Botox when I was 33 (I have MS). I had to start catheterising after my 2nd lot of Botox. This was the end of the world to me, 33 and having to use a catheter. Now, I think Botox is a huge benefit to my life and using a catheter is the norm. Obviously, everyone has different experiences but I love it x"

Clairekins July 9, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "Each time I have had injections, the spasms stop within a couple of days, but then I have severe weakness in my neck and weird gait disturbances and muscle weakness in my lower extremities for up to 3 months. Just about the time I decide I won't get injections again, I have had pretty bad neck spasms and upper back pain, making me reconsider getting more treatments. It's a vicious cycle....."

whitehouse1 July 8, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "The side effects are horrible and I still have my migraines. Dont do it."

JenZ21 July 8, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Reading the testimonies here, I'm one of the luckier ones. I did not have to have a catheter, but I had to strain to void like I have never strained before. I was worried that I was going to do damage to the bladder muscle. I had constant feeling of needing to urinate. Rarely felt like bladder was empty. On top of this, my hands and feet would swell every day, when I have no problems with water retention. Doctor said I shouldn't ever have Botox again as it's likely an anaphylactic reaction. I had the procedure two weeks ago and am still miserable. Still not as long as others have gone through, but I was much happier to take the medication. Naturalist recommended a dot of estrogen cream on the urethra will draw it up to stop leaks."

RockyRoll July 8, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Never ever try Botox again! The first 3 wks I couldn't hold my head up., my arms were weak., vision blurry, sore throat, droopy right eye. Very depressing to totally be incompasitated! It was a big deal to get thru a shower and dress myself! Never again! Now at three weeks out, I'm light headed, still having hard time keeping my head up. Have started back to headaches for past week. They seem different in the sense I haven't had a visual aura., but the top of my head feels likes it going to pop off. The pain in my temple is the same. I've wasted an entire month! Been house bound!"

Jewels60 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "One week after Botox treatment, I was and still am miserable. I have had utis and urinary retention. Following a trip to the ER, I was fitted with a catheter, which was pretty uncomfortable. Next came self catherization, which has been nearly impossible, due to my bulging bladder. I would rather wear depends than go through this ongoing nightmare. I resent the fact that my doctor only mentioned retention casually and did not explain the consequences."

Galway girl July 3, 2016

For Overactive Bladder " I had my injections last Wed. I had to go to the ER last night for Major Acute Water Retention (can't pee). I have to wear a cathater with the bag. I'm pretty sure I will have to self catherize until the Botox wears off. I wish I never did it, it paraylayzed my bladder. I will never have it done again. On the other hand I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from OAB I'm 36. Very disappointed why this had to happen to me, quality of life is worse with the Botox at this point I'd rather wear depends. Please do not to this procedure. PLEASE the possible side effects are not worth it at all."

Arose4503 June 21, 2016