User Reviews for Botox

4.7

Summary of Botox reviews 6.1 310 reviews

Reviews for Botox

HL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "My mom had the Botox injection done two months ago, the worst decision she’d ever made. She’s was in a lot of pain when she had it done and still experience pain here and there till this day along with other side effect. People should read up on common and rare side effect from this procedure, weigh out pros and cons. Please think carefully before you decide to go for it. It’s awful to see my mom going through this whole ordeal and unable to help her."

KM · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Had botox done in March 19 under local anaesthetic. Told this was the all singing and dancing cure, total rubbish. Not only was it extremely painful (according to clinicians only going to feel a slight scratch), it didn't work. I was worse off than when I started after this useless treatment. I would never have this treatment again and it is extremely painful under local."

CAC · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "Botox for migraines ruined my life. I lost my ability to swallow, lost control of my neck muscles, breathing difficulty, dry eyes, drooping lids, severe stomach cramping, vomiting, diarrhea, waking up through the night not breathing, body was in a constant panic attack for 5 months, rashes, tingling, spasms, high heart rate, low grade temp, the list goes on. The nerves never healed to my esophagus and now I'm 2 years out on a pureed diet at 31. Please read about the black box warning and side effects because I sure wish I did."

Lydia · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

For Cervical Dystonia "Hi there! I am 53 yrs old and was diagnosed about 4 months ago with cervical dystonia. I am currently not working since June as I couldn’t stand the pain any longer. I had my first Botox injections about 3 weeks ago and really not much has changed. I was sooo optimistic but felt so discouraged afterwards. After reading many of these comments saying that it could take 2 to 3 different times before I see relief, in holding out and staying positive. Happy thoughts and prayers that I’ll have a good ending "

Cathy August 3, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had bladder BOTOX done on 2 Aug 2019 after suffering for years with urge incontinence, I had local anasthetic, a tiny bit of numbing cream, and they assured me it wasn't too painful, how wrong could they have been, I felt everything they did, I screamed and cried in pain, it was like jabbing a red hot needle into raw flesh, she said nobody else had been that bad, there had to be one didn't there! After all that, it hasn't worked for me, I'm just the same as before (insert swear word here!) I don't know if it will improve in a few days or not, anyway all I'm saying is if you do decide to have it done, have a general anaesthetic, you could have an extra sensitive bladder like me!!"

Elle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "The good: my migraines went from 12-15/month to 2/month. Completely changed my life. The migraines I had were less severe and easier to treat. The Bad. Took 3 rounds to get full effect. Had a migraine for 5 days after the first round, 3 days after the 2nd, none after the 3rd. Have sensation of head fullness when bending over and neck muscles feel strained. Migraines kick back in after 10 weeks, so it’s a struggle until the next round at 12 weeks. The good outweighed the bad for me. So many more headache free days."

Muffin July 20, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I previously was having migraines 20 days per month I was taking Imitrex and other medications but none of those gave me the wonderful relief I get since I started Botox injections over a year ago. I started my first dose with half dosage but it didn't really help so after 3 months I did the full dose of 31 injections and it surprisingly gave me relief up until time for my next appointment in12 weeks, I still receive my 31 injections every 3 months and my Botox appointment I won't ever cancel, the Botox injections work very well for me, I have not experienced any side effects. I am so happy to live without those awful debilitating migraines I was suffering with. The medication I took before the Boxtox injections never gave me the lasting relief I experience now."

Fi · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Hi i have an over active bladder, tried lots of tablets that worked for awhile then it wore off. I've required botox approx. once a year for four years. On two occasions I've had flu like type symptoms a couple of weeks after that have lasted for two weeks. But it's well worth it. I've always chosen to go for general anaesthetic as I was too scared to go for local. Today, my Dad went for bladder botox under local. And Dad said it was so painful they had to stop. I keep getting asked to go for local. I think this is to save money. I could be wrong. (Scotland)"

Never again · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I have New Daily Persistent headaches and have tried every med imaginable. 15 months ago I gave Botox a try. Severe migraines for a week following with the most debilitating neck/shoulder pain/weakness of my life. I really struggled, it was tremendous. Headaches did not improve and I continue to experience neck pain. Just leaning over to tie my kids shoes... I can only tolerate bending over for a minute now. This has become a neck chronic problem. My neurologist doesn’t take this side effect seriously either."

Fancygal · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 21, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had this done by a urologist over a year ago and that's the worst thing I could have ever done because it backfired on me. I have multiple sclerosis and I was told by the doctor because I tinkled a little bit when I coughed or sneezed that this would be a great thing for me so I wanted to do that because I didn't like the sneezing and cough problem. 2 days later after having injection I was in the ER with severe pain like I had the worst bladder infection a person would not want and then they gave me a suppository and that helped but that didn't last long and when I went back to the doctor who did this Botox all he could say was I'm sorry It didn't work for you and it ruined my bladder that now I have to wear briefs and this is really out of control so I would not recommend anyone because it didn't work for me and for the ones that did work for I say great for you..."

Sue Pine · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

For Migraine "The first time I got the botox injections it was wonderful, migraine free for 6 months. The second time, no relief...win some, lose some, but have to keep trying as my migraines are debilitating ...."

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I have MS and unfortunately for months I was suffering with overactive bladder issues and urine leakage. Urologist told me about procedure. I had this done under anesthesia. Its nearly day 4 and so far I feel amazing, I remember the day after waking up with not a full bladder at all. I don’t have to cath myself. but I do have to strain a bit to make it come out. But no pain or discomfort at all."

Lowkey June 9, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I had headaches/migraines most days of the month and finally got sent to a neurologist who started me on Botox treatment. Oh my gosh it has been life changing, I’m so thankful for these treatments!! I haven’t had any adverse side effects other than a stiff neck for a couple of days."

Cora · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I tried Botox to rid of the 9 remaining migraines I'd get each month after Aimovig reduced my original 15/month. I'd tried several TCA's but couldn't tolerate the side effects; Topamax caused vomiting. Unfortunately it's been almost 3 months since my first and only round of Botox injections and my migraines have worsened in intensity and number. The first month I had 30 migraines--not even a 10-day course of prednisone decreased them. The second month I had 16, thanks to Aimovig and 100mg Nefazodone (which I started because I couldn't use a daily triptan), but in this 3rd month which isn't over yet, I've had 12 migraines in 13 days and Aimovig hasn't made a dent this time. Obviously I worry that my migraines & frequency are now worse because of the Botox, but I'm trying to be optimistic that this horrible change isn't permanent. I can't recommend Botox."

Santa Fe Gal · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for my overactive bladder and I must stay it is a miracle. 100%. Effective. Zero side effects. After almost 20 years of worsening incontinence, one treatment restored me to normal control, like when I was a teenager. The procedure is a little painful, but totally worth it. I’m 71 years old . Medicare covered it. I tried acupuncture in the ankle prior to this as a treatment, it was 100% ineffective."

Vai · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I had a horrific response to the Botox I had for migraines. I ended up 5 days in the ER after most recent set of injections. Severe heart palpitations, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, feeling faint, weak, dizzy, rash all over my body, muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing, tightness in my throat, severe dry mouth, tingling in my hands, feet, limbs, etc. I will NEVER get these injections again. There have been days I can barely get up, so severely fatigued and weak. Stabbing random pains, difficulty sleeping, chest tightness and pain, back, head and neck pain, it has completed halted my way of daily life. Severely puffy eyelids and one is droopy. It has been almost a month since injections and I am still no where near normal. I was told the only thing they can offer me is life support at the hospital if I stop breathing on my own. This has been terrifying. It has caused sudden extreme anxiety, which I didn't have at all before. My neurologist made it sound like the worst that could happen is a droopy eyelid."

Social worker June 4, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I am now 65 and suffered migraines since age 19. I have tried every drug as it hit the market. The last two years my headaches increased to the point to where I thought I would have to retire from my job because nothing was really controlling and totally eliminating my headaches. I have a needle phobia so it was very hard to consider Botox but when pain is bad enough, you are open to anything that might help. I went to neurologist who immediately suggested I consider this. I finally agreed to try as a last ditch effort to save my career since I am not quite ready to retire. The results have been truly amazing with minimal problems with side effects. I consider myself to be very lucky and this treatment has been a blessing to me. It is amazing to feel normal in my head again! It has been so long. I just went for my 3rd round. I can only speak for me but, it has saved life and my sanity."

Mia May 22, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for overactive bladder December 13, 2018. Within a week I couldn’t urinate at all and had to start self cath. 6 months later I’m still having to cath and have had 6 bladder infections that are becoming resistant to most antibiotics. I’ve even had to have a PICC line for IV antibiotics. This has changed my life and not in a good way. I see no end in site for the self caths and scared this could be continue forever."

Coby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "Had tremendous results with a mix of Botox and medicines to reduce severe headache occurrences from 15+ headaches per month down to 8 or fewer. Incredible improvement. One scary drawback - noticable frontal hairloss!"

Cat May 3, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I shared my experience earlier. I had botox on November, 2018 and 6 months later, I am still having to self-cath. I go to the bathroom more now than I did before, it has been horrible. I didn't think I would have to live on the toilet but I am. The botox has really affected my life and job negatively. I have exhausted all other options and am wandering if I am going to have to live like this for the rest of my life. This has been such a horrible experience."

nolatune · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 24, 2019

For Cervical Dystonia "Family member has cervical dystonia (CD) related to Parkinson's Disease. He was receiving Boxtox from a specialist who eventually retired. Was not effective. New MD is a Physiatrist & he began with trying different dosages (increased) & mapping out where he injected the Botox and how much he administered in each muscle. Targeted many different & small muscles. My husband has had about 3 rounds with the new MD. Previously, his head was severely tilted to one side. Now the head is almost perfectly straight. He still has neck pain, but maybe the pain will improve with time since this is new doctor. He also receives physical therapy from an excellent provider. The physical therapy is not merely heat or cold pack, electric stimulation. It involves active patient participation, stretching, strengthening. No traction. Improvement may be due to the combination of therapies."

SB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 13, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Had my second set of Botox today for overactive bladder problems, the first one lasted 8 months, could have gone longer but going on a trip in June and wanted to make sure I did not have to pack a suitcase full of pads. Best decision I ever made. After five years of wetting all the time, not getting any sleep and quality of life awful, this has been a miracle. Yes it is a little painful during the injections, but well worth the pain."

Truenorth · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I developed tinnitus back at the end of June 2018. Along with it sharp sound sensitivity. A couple of weeks later chronic daily migraine. Had Botox treatment at the end of Dec. My daily migraines changed from aching, stabbing type to a electrical burning numbing, pulsing type. Had my next botox treatment on March 22 and my symptoms are worse. I now wake up with a migraine where previously I had a few hours before onset. I as well have an increase in tinnitus level, body aches, tired dry eyes, and overall body weakness. So disappointed. Don't know if I want to try a 3rd time ."

Sally March 19, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Best thing I’ve ever done, I had urge incontinence and was rushing to the loo all the time. Had 200 mgs of Botox. It was very uncomfortable having the injections but didn’t take long. Had a bad month where I thought "I’m not having this done again", but then it settled in. I sleep through the night. I have to self cath about 4 times a day. I can now go 5 hours without wanting to go. I’ve booked three holidays and regularly go out walking and travelling on public transport. Definitely a life changer."

Tapper March 14, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox last Nov 2018 for my bladder and I hate it - it has changed my life. I go through more pads now and had to change to the bigger ones. I can't go anywhere for any length of time. I walk around the block have to come in and change a pad. Other then my surgery it was the worse thing I did. BUT I had to try I was desperate to get my life back. But I realize now that the life I had was okay, and now its gone. Good Luck"