User Reviews for Botox

Chronic Spasticity
4.7

Summary of Botox reviews 6.3 261 reviews

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "My neck and shoulders are more painful than the migraine ever was but it has only been two weeks. How long has this side effect lasted for others?"

Red (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I deeply regret being talked into getting a botox injection by my specialist. I have an extremely small bladder capacity (about 100ml at best) and extremely high bladder pressure of 100 per 50 ml....This meant I was going to the toilet to pee every 20-30 minutes or so. It was frustrating, but somewhat manageable by wearing uridomes and leg bags. I was talked into undertaking a botox injection by my specialist and it has completely backfired for me. I am now urinary retentive and cannot pee at all. I have a constant sensation of having a full bladder and am needing to self catheter every 1-2 hours, day and night. Apparently I may be like this for several months until the effects of the botox start to wear off. It is now costing me a small fortune buying catheters, lube, hand sanitiser etc....I am going through about 70-90 catheters per week, so it adds up very quickly."

Cooper (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "Received my first treatment today for CD right rotational/retrocollis. Mostly rotational. I know it’s supposed to take time but I have already felt the muscles loosening and have better control of my head and can look left. Increased range of motion already as well. I thought 100 units spread out wouldn’t be enough but so far so good. Excited to start being able to do more PT to work on neuroplasticity. No pain at injection sites or anything in day 1. I believe they hit my left SCM, right splenius, right levator scap, and right obliquus inferior but I’m waiting for the report. My doctor isn’t much for explaining things or giving feedback."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My first round of botox injections was a week ago. The next day I felt a twitching sensation in my right eye that wouldn't go away. Yesterday I found out the whole right side of my face was numb and falling. It was very disconcerting. I called both my primary care doctor and the neurologist who injected me and both of their nurses said to go to the E.R. The I.V. fluids they gave me made a huge difference. The stiffness in my neck and jaw aren't as noticeable, the eyelid twitching has stopped and my eyelids and facial muscles are more symmetrical. It must have just been a bout of dehydration. My migraines are not even back. I'm happy."

Kansascitykitten (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I received the series of Botox injections 4 days ago in upper traps and scalenes Since then I’ve been much worse - upper traps and cervical areas are exceptionally tight to the point where I can barely do anything Nothing is helping - Pt, MED’s, anti-inflammatory drugs, heat etc I’m in much worse shape - not sure how long this may last ! I’m worried !"

Chrissandiego (taken for 10 years or more) October 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I am so pleased! I had horrible pain and leakage, so much so that I would wet myself several times a day. I suffered for years! Diapers with pads couldn’t hold all the leakage. I had Botox last week, and from day 1 have had no leakage. I do have a little urgency, but I expect this to get better, and it’s not constant. I did check my residual urine amount via catheter to make sure I was not retaining. I found this very simple to do, and quite reassuring. It was a little scary to have the Botox simply due to fear of the unknown, but everything is great and I’m so excited to have my life back!"

Astromom (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Chronic Spasticity "My Daughter is 32 non verbal and has had botox injections for about a year in her hamstrings calves and they targeted multiple muscles. Suddenly now she has about 5-6 falls a day she just falls backwards or collapses and falls forward without the ability to catch herself. The dr. says the botox wore off so he targeted more muscles. She cannot talk or express if she has headaches or muscle pain or spasms from her botox injections for her spasticity. It has not improved her gait or walking. I have read so many reviews of pain after. Yet my daughter cannot explain or express what happens before or after her falls or her daily activities if she is dizzy or disoriented. I am disappointed because the first few she walked better, now its getting worse."

Angelman October 18, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "I had Botox injection at the hospital under general anesthesia. I am handicapped and my physician advised me that the surgery centers won't take a patient that can't walk on their own in case of fire. (I think this is rubbish) The first night it worked great. Didn't have to get up, stayed dry and I was thrilled. Hasn't worked since. Am trying to decide if I want to give it another try. I am so tired of having to pee all the time and waking up in the night to change my depends as I have soaked the one I'm wearing."

dog mom September 24, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Had it done today. Worked for me right away. For once I feel normal again. That being said, I was given a percocet and valium one hour before procedure. Still felt half the needle sticks in bladder. Scale 1 to 10 , it was a 5.. but it was quick..Results almost immediate. I feel like my old self! I'm a 58 year old woman that had to double up on pads just to walk my dogs..Can't wait to walk them now."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I’ve been getting Botox for two years now. My migraines used to be 15-18 a month and now they are between 6-8 a month. I feel human again and not like they rule my life. However, since I started Botox my neck hurts 100% of the time. Sometimes so bad I can’t turn it to the left. Honestly sometimes I know driving isn’t very safe since I can’t turn my head. That being said. For now I’m happy with the results. I can’t raise my eyebrows anymore either so my kids like to tease me :)"

Brownsgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "This procedure has destroyed my life. My condition has gone from bad to bed ridden. I cannot wait for this to wear off. Do not get this done without reading about the risks."

Frustrated September 14, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had an overactive bladder before the botox treating. I had to urinate very often especially after drinking coffee or alcohol. Five weeks after the injection my condition has worsened. I urinate more often, in smaller amounts and the urge comes on very rapidly. I do not recommend this treatment."

Yves (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I'm 20 years old, I was diagnosed with an overactive bladder a year ago. I have tried many pills and none of them have worked. I used to always walk every single day when I was bored or had nothing to do. I was outgoing but my background was really unhealthy, I was always depressed ever since I been like this I have had bad anxiety and depression. I always got sad when my family would travel somewhere out of town especially my partner to. I always wished I went to. I had Botox done on July 24 and it hasn't changed a bit. I haven't tried any thing else but I always wondered if anyone has been in my boat and felt like going all the time but embrasses to go every time you have the urge.?"

Tee August 28, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "After reading all the reviews, it is just like everything else. It is good for some people and others not. I have been on Botox for 3 years getting the procedure twice a year. I have an excellent urologist and have had no problems at all. It is not perfect but makes my life manageable. I do use pads on outings as a precaution. Ladies restrooms are usually full and sometimes hard to find and I don't want to take a chance. At home, I don't need a pad. I am sorry for all that have this problem starting at a young age. I am in my late 70's and so glad for this procedure. I am off to a cruise this Fall."

Lizzie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Worse decision ever. Prior to receiving Botox , I used to go to the restroom 5-6 times during the day and night. Now I go approximately 8 times during the day and 11 at night. I have not been able to sleep at all. Most of the time is just the urge to go but not able to empty my bladder. My life has become a living hell!!!!....Please, Please do not have this procedure."

Insane August 26, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I’ve had migraines for 35 years and they were getting progressively worse over the years, to the point where meds would work okay for a few hours and then another migraine would begin. I had at least 1 migraine a day every day of the month for years. Then I began Botox injections...amazing and down right life changing. Highly recommend."

Shay (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had a botox injection into my bladder on June 21st and last year for four days I was fine and it felt funny not having pee running down my legs then a couple days later I broke out really bad with rash all over my body and very sick and into the emergency room at two different hospitals. I had a hard time breathing, sick to stomach and I could no longer urinate and had to use catheters for two weeks and I had to be put on 1 and a half worth of steroids pills and injections. I almost died from not having anyone explain to me more about the dangers. I am not still feeling like I was before the Botox. I had one injection that almost killed me. You will not submit because you don't want other patients to know the truth about what happened to me. But I will make sure that the media will know and inform the public as to what Botox can and will do to some women like me."

Momma Cass (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Got botox on my bladder 4 weeks ago after years of overactive bladder. Since then I've had 4 UTI's and now have to use a catheter as I was retaining urine, that's the downside. On the positive I've had no embarrassing accidents and certainly don't run to the loo like I used to. Nurse says it's early days so time will tell would I get it again??? Undecided on that one at the moment x"

Kaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "In 2000 I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I received my first series of Botox injections in October 2001 & right away I could tell it was a great relief. In 2004, I started having difficulty with more head tremors. I started on a low dose of Klonopin at just 0.5 mg as needed. It keeps my head pretty stable without the tremors & I can attend events, etc. and feel pretty confident. I would like to recommend a wonderful organization that I joined in the beginning that really provided a lot of useful information. The National Spasmodic Torticollis Association has a yearly weekend symposium where they have noted speakers & doctors talking on dystonia & the newest breakthroughs. I went to one that was held out here on the east coast close to my home & it was very informative & encouraging to meet others with the same disorder. Don't ever give up!! Good luck and God bless."

Cal August 5, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I'm 24 years old. Felt like my life was falling out of control. I would have to wear leakage pads every where I went. I literally got so depressed I stopped going out because I would have to leave the restaurant or leave a party to go home. I have been on several overactive bladder medications and this last one Myrbetriq has helped me but I was still having spasms. I went to a physical pelvic floor therapist and she did wonders on me. Unfortunately, my spasms came back and I felt bloated all the time! My urologist recommended Botox and we gave it a try. Let me tell you even though I felt some of the needles in my bladder. Was the best decision I ever made! I don't have to pee as often now, I can enjoy a public outing without the worries. I feel so much better!"

RodeoQueen (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "My daughter at 21 suddenly developed an overactive bladder. She is in a wheelchair so it was a very difficult and trying situation. We tried anticholinergic medication but it was unreliable and dried her out so she was always thirsty & it was a vicious cycle drink, pee, drink per 24/7. A friend told us how she had Botox for same condition so we gave it a go. 100% effective easily by day 3 and just changed our lives - we now have 100 units every 7-8 mths . My daughter has her life back."

Relax (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been on botox every 3 months for about a year. Just now getting the dose correct (I hope). It has worked wonders for me, but does not hold me the whole three months. I was out of town last week and had a major flare-up. I ended up trying cold laser therapy and it helped a lot. I was upright in 24 hours! My Neuro said it was ok to try, so I am going to see a local dr to see about continuing it. I hope to get off botox if possible - even though it works. It is so expensive. Has anyone else tried cold laser therapy?"

MJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Migraines started when I was 11 yrs old I'm almost 42 now. I have 22 migraine days average a month. Nausea, vomiting, etc. Had my 1st round of Botox injections 3 weeks ago...only 1 migraine since. Still waiting to see how it affects me long term, but so far I'm pleased"

FLgearhdgirlie (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox injection on June 12, 2018. The doctor never told me about urinary retention possibilities before hand or I would never have agreed to this procedure. I have had urinary retention since June 12 and still have to self catherize 6 weeks later with no let up in sight. I am constantly sick like I have the flu. I have terrible urge to urinate constantly. This is living hell for me between trips to the ER and doctor's office. I have lost over 20 pounds in 6 weeks. DO NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT."

Toni (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My physician encouraged me to get BOTOX injections for migraines. Other medications have failed. I was left with 4 painful nodules at 4 injection sites and severe ptosis (drooping or falling of the upper eyelid), and it did not help my migraines. I would not recommend this at all."

KarenM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018