User Reviews for Botox

5.4
Chronic Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Botox reviews 156 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "I had my third set of Botox 3 weeks ago. It has done wonders to my severe neuralgia and Paroxysmal hemicrania. I had some side effects the first two sets (3 months apart) but they went away after about 10-12 days and I have been 90% pain free. I was getting up to 9-12 attacks a day lasting about an hour each, and lost my job as a result. This last set has produced terrible side effects: Headaches on forehead (Banding), severe shoulder pain, very puffy right eye, chronic skin rash on my back, occipital area of neck, and upper arms. Large red welts that burn and itch. It has now been prevailing for over a week.... I also have inflamed intercostal muscles especially around my sternum and it id incredibly painful."

Anonymous November 23, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Within six hours of receiving the injections the side effects began to take control over my body. Every side effect mention I had it, including the migraine headaches. The medications should wear off by the next three weeks. To date, I am still feeling the side effects. I would not recommend Botox for two reasons, 1. The medication does not freeze the nerve as stated. 2. It is extremely expensive. The pharmaceutical company should be sueded!!!!!!!!!"

Very disappointed November 8, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I have to say I'm shocked at the number of reviews from people just a few weeks out from their injections complaining of having to self-Cath or peeing more often. Did you not read any of the literature on this procedure? Did your doctor not explain what the Botox was doing to/for you? You are paralyzing your bladder muscles, i.e. they may not work at all or very well after, causing retention. This is why the literature states that if you are not prepared/willing to Cath after, don't do it! An organ is being stuck over and over with needles - don't you think that organ may be a little upset initially and freak out a bit with spasms (causing more frequent urination in some) until it has a chance to calm down?"

Mom21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "My husband had prostate surgery (TURP) for an enlarged prostate in January (11 months ago). Ever since, he has had annoying leakage. The doctor mentioned two options - Botox or an implanted device. He said Botox had "99% success rate" so my husband opted for that. Ever since, a nightmare. At first, he simply could not pee at all. He had an indwelling catheter for a while, and since has had to do self-catheterization four times a day (still cannot pee a drop). The Botox must have relaxed the bladder too much? Plus there was a LOT of old blood in his bladder, presumably from the Botox injections. The doctor said it was not possible to be from the catheters. And he has a UTI. The slight leakage seems like NOTHING next to this nightmare."

TiredOfThis! November 1, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I had Botox treatments for my migraines for about a year and a half. I was thrilled as it completely took away my migraines and I had no side effects. I had my life back. Then last August I went to get my regular 3 month injections at 4 p.m. By 7 p.m. that evening I experiencing dizziness. By the next day I had a severe headache, next pain, dizziness, trouble swallowing, pain in my shoulders, etc. It was terrible. My doctor told me he didn't think it was from the Boxtox, but that I probably caught a virus at the same time I got the shots. Seriously? Here I am, 3 months later, and I can hardly hold up my head. I have headaches, shoulder pain, neck pain, pain and numbness going down my arms. The dizziness has never gone away."

Xina717 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "It took me four years to discover that Botox injections from a neurologist was the answer to my chronic neck pain which was a result of a car accident, and subsequent failed neck surgery. No doctors that I had visited ever suggested botox shots. All other solutions presented by my doctors did not work. That includes physical therapy, steroid shots, and a lot of different pain medications. I have found that I need to go for a botox shot about every 3 months for pain. The only problem is when I moved to another state, I found that there is a lack of trained doctors who do botox shots for neck pain. I now have to wait 6 months for an appointment."

hji October 27, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I've had OAB for 10 years, no leakage, just urgency/frequency, varying between awful pressure or just niggly frequency. Tried everything over the years and finally had botox 2 weeks ago. Well, what a complete waste of time - it has not worked, the pressure is so intense, it feels worse than before! Saw the nurse today, peeing ok by myself (no catheter required) and no retention, no UTI. She said I have to allow 4 weeks for "it all to calm down" but I'm not holding out much hope. She is arranging for me to see the urologist asap but that will still be another 4 weeks. Sick of my life revolving around my bladder."

Millie.G October 20, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for bladder 15th August 2016 got urosepsis the first week was in resus at a&e, an impatient for one week . now nine weeks later a complete nightmare bladder over 200mls still in retention constant UTIs could not get used to self catheter because I was using it every hour and kept piercing my bladder now on A indwelling catheter with still constant UTIs a total nightmare and. Instant pain wearing the catheter . I am worried I will ever have a normal bladder again and a normal life !! Worried that now using an indwelling catheter will weaken my muscles even further !!! Sick of taking Antibiotics, lost weight through stress and worry!!! I suggest whoever has this treatment should look at all the risks first and research it."

Lorraine11 October 16, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "Thank you for the opportunity to share my experience. I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I have been taking the shots for three years. I receive these shots every three months. The pain from these shots is very intense. I believe l receive seven injections per visit. I have tried to ice the area, it does not help. I have had pt, as well as acupuncture, neither worked. I find the shots help for about three months. I like the results, but don't like the pain. The doctor says it is due to the tension of the muscles. Anyone having this problem? Thanks for listening."

Creativeone12345 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Had Botox for overactive bladder 12 days ago. Been miserable ever since, pain is as bad as ever and I have gone into retention so now having to self catheterise up to 4 times a day. Will now need to wait for the Botox to wear off to see if I can pass urine normally again. 6 months of pain, throbbing, pulsating sensation and the constant feeling of needing the toilet and I thought Botox was the answer, instead it's made matters worse!"

Mazzamont October 11, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "The Botox not only was highly ineffective for me, but also left me with horrible neck and shoulder pain. My first Botox was over a year ago, a week after that I woke up with a frozen neck and shoulders pain. I was waiting for the 3 months mark for a relief, but it never came. It seems that the muscles that were injected became paralyzed and other ones started overcompensating, and thus became very tight and painful. Neck MRI came normal. 4 months ago I was talked again into the Botox and the neck pain got only worse. On top of that I am having this horrid nerve-like pain on the left side of my head. Besides, the Botox never helped with my migraines. So please be careful, cause you may end up worse than before..with a new kind of pain."

Lanikai86 October 6, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I was having migraines for 3 years almost daily in summer! Horrible, lived on Imitrex and xanax. My neurologist suggested Botox . First round after the injections I had discomfort really burning in back below my neck. I kept putting heat on it and it was gone in 3 weeks. I also did not like the side effect of my eyebrows going up from botox! My husband said I looked like I was shocked all the time or sometimes a devil! Maybe 1 mild migraine after that! Day I was due for 2nd round I had an excruciating headache before botox shots. Dr went ahead with botox and by days end migraine was gone! This was 2 weeks ago and not 1 migraine. I also asked him not to inject above my eyebrows so he injected in between eyes. Doing wonderful!!!"

Tamnik September 28, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I had botox injections for migraines almost a month ago and am still wearing a neck brace. For the first seven days, I had excruciating head pain, migraines, and neck pain. I felt like my neck was on fire. I called my doc office, Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute (MHNI), and was told that is a common side effect and should fade after 5-10 days. The pain was unbearable. My physical therapist is the one who told me my neck muscles are not contracting which is causing all the other smaller muscles to be strained from trying to support my head. It's absolutely terrible. After almost a month and still no relief. Never again! Still wearing a neck brace daily. MHNI says its a rare but possible side effect. Have to wait for it to wear off"

Michigan810 (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "I'm writing again because it's been a little over a year since I posted my experience with Botox for dystonia and migraines. This past year has been truly remarkable and while I haven't been 100% migraine free or pain free, "Life is Beautiful". My doctor, God bless her, received training from Allergan on the latest protocol for migraines, so the frequency of my migraines has lessened with the new therapy. As I am writing this, I am amazed that not ONE muscle is in spasm in my neck...now the tears are starting. It's so wonderful! That's what I wanted to share. Every time I've gotten my injections it's been a little different, but I think the variable has been me...not the Botox. Don't give up. Try it if you can."

Queenofa (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Horrible migraine hours following treatment. Started out like someone hit me in back of the head with a baseball bat. Then the horrible nonstop headache set in. Ended up at ER the first day because nothing stopped pain. Woke up the next day with excruciating headache. Worse than any of my terrible daily migraines. The neurologist did not call back. Long story short. Went to ER 2x in 5 days. Neurologist was completely unhelpful and never spoke with me. After 6th day I barely made it thru work. There is severe cramping in neck and in between shoulders. Where the muscles were paralyzed the other muscles in the area are over compensating for the "Botoxed" areas. I WILL NEVER again do Botox. It made a bad situation completely unbearable"

Do NOT USE BOTOX September 22, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox 7 months ago and I'm just now able to pee just a little so still need to self cath. Botox was the worst thing I could have done because it did nothing for my pain nor my frequency. I had no problem peeing before Botox!"

Kehlev September 19, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "1st Botox shots 11/2015. Wasn't able to get another tx until 10 days ago. The 1st time it was great! Migraines down to about 2/mo. Loved it! This time the day after I woke w/back of neck very painful. Worse was pain in the back of head. Felt like hit w/a 2x4. Very bad headache too. It was horrible. I get pain med for other issues & it did nothing. Head swolIen, tight glasses. Some pain in my L shoulder down arm. It asted 5 days, in bed w/heating pad. 7th day worst pain gone but need hand under chin or on back of head to control head movement due to weak neck. Don't wake w/neck pain, but it starts after moving a bit. If I'm on my feet, dizzy. Weak jaws when eating or drinking. Head turns only 2" to L or R side. Weak upper arms. Never again."

LuvBluSkyz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox injected about 4 weeks ago now. I had more of an urge to go post injection; however I was unable to empty bladder. Still 4 weeks later I'm pushing to go. I've been to ER (drained me w catheter) and urologist who say I have a normal amount of urine left but I don't feel that way. Spend night in pain and days pushing to go. Also constipated almost three weeks no matter how many laxatives I take. Can't wait for it to wear off I'm 26 & miserable. Wish I never did it."

Amii (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Have suffered from leaking all my life which became so much worse as l passed the menopause. Saw consultant for years who then said he could not help me. I was devastated. Then saw another who gave me several different tablets to use together although that wasn't the norm. Then offered me Botox. It worked beautifully straight away. My whole life changed for the better. Had the treatment twice and then a totally different illness became evident and l had an operation. Applied to have the Botox again and l am having it for the third time next week. I'm so pleased. Shame for those it didn't work well for but for me it's a life changer."

Suesum September 2, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for overactive bladder io the 11 August 2016 been very unwell since flu symptoms aching body but above all my bladder is worse than ever .on and off the toilet constantly, with terrible throbbing and feeling of contantly full bladder. Back in hospital now they don't know what's going on although they are the ones responsible for the procedure !! At the end of my tether I wish I had never had this done no doctor wants to take any sort of blame and are playing dumb this is at King George hospital in goodmayes Essex been here for 2 nights they don't know what to suggest and have been mucked about for 2 days and nights. Can't sleep as sensation gets worse when I try to relax. Don't have this done"

Jo stewart August 28, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I am 33 and have had overactive bladder all of my life. I went through a lot of treatments that didn't work. I now have a normal life thanks to botox bladder injections. I used to urinate 20-30 times a day. With botox, I'm normal!. My doctor instills lidocaine in my bladder then does the injections via cystoscopy with me awake and unmedicated. I do feel the injections, but it's not terrible, and definitely worth it to me. The first time I was so disappointed that I had more frequency after the procedure than before, but now I know it doesn't take effect immediately. I usually have fatigue about 2-3 days after the procedure and the botox takes effect in 1-2 weeks. I have had it 5 times, it lasts me about 7 months."

Kjt4100 August 27, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I am extremely happy with the Botox injections in the bladder. I have severe incontinence, overactive bladder before. I have MS and my urologist explained I would have to self-cathe after the procedure. That's no big deal. I cam wear real underwear again! Yay!"

Kim418 August 24, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Botox Bladder Beware........ I agree with that person who wished they had not let Botox anywhere near them. I had the Botox bladder procedure 8 (yes, eight) weeks ago, and I haven't peed yet (on my own). Four semi-permanet catheters the first 6 weeks and then self catheters since. Now I don't dare go out more than 3 hours after I cath....... or I'll be stranded. No hike or other lengthy activities, etc...... picture cathing behind a tree????? Another problem is that I'm getting very little info from my doctor..... maybe she's never done this before. PS--- for males it's very expensive; generally they need to put you out, and requires a surgey room. Very bad decision. Males..... don't do it; carry a bottle, & look for rtrms."

Kona Boy August 22, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Just had this done 5 days ago, finally something that works, after trying various medications for nearly 20 years, no more incontinence pads during the day, and had first night sleep without getting up 3 or four times to go to toilet. I would recommend this. Only wish it had been done years ago. I know its early days yet for me, but great improvement so far."

Anne, Falkirk, Scotland (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox in bladder 10 days ago and it has only made my bladder worse.instead of going to the toilet every 20 minutes I'm now going every 5! I'm not sleeping and have had really bad urine infection! I was back in hospital on Sunday! I would not recommend anyone getting this done. I have suffered with bladder problems for 17 years and getting really down about it all now! I have no idea what to do now."

Kerri edinburgh (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016