User Reviews for Botox

Facial Wrinkles 2 reviews 26 medications

5.5
Summary of Botox reviews 203 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "Very excellent experience with relief from migraine upon wakening lasting up to thirteen days at a time. I have had no migraines after the botox started working three days after injections. I do have neck soreness which is lessening as the days go by. I am on my first round and will try it again in three months."

The migraine artist August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I was diagnosed with status migrainosis in November 2016. I tried an SNRI anti-depressant and have had two rounds of Botox. I can say neither have been effective. The only effect from Botox I've noticed has been the tight band around my head in the first dose of shots and then increased soreness in neck and shoulders in second lot. And I had to skip out of work yesterday because my eyeball and side of head hurt so freakin' much - two weeks out from the second round of Botox treatment. I do not recommend. My migraines are likely hormonal in nature and I have epilepsy. While that is controlled, it leaves me with few options. Loathe to try anti-convulsants as it might muck up my brain in worse ways. Yes, there are worse states to be in."

Mollymigraine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "@Colbak - I too had the sling surgery. It took care of the laughing, coughing, etc. accidents. I had difficulty emptying my bladder. I couldn't sit to urinate, I had to squat like a linebacker. I had to go pee every 30 minutes. And when I had to go, I went from no urge to running and barely getting my pants down. My urologist said that I could a. Have the injection. b. Have bladder snipped to "undo" the surgery. Or c. Go to a dr. in Pittsburgh (close to me) and have a pacemaker type device put in. I got the injection a little over a week ago. The first day I was really crampy. Now, I can't fully empty and its getting worse everyday. I thought it was a UTI ,but now I have to self cath. I also go (trickle) every 15 min. Grrr! Hope this helps!"

GeckoLane July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "This is my last post as I am finally able to empty my bladder after having to self-cath every 4-5 hours for 6 months! I will never do Botox again for OAB."

RB2020 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I had 200 units of BOTOX injected into my bladder 4/52. Worse decision ever! I struggled to pee on the first night and requested an indwelling catheter to be able to rest. On discharge I could void a little, but not too well. By the following week the retention was so uncomfy I went to the GP who sent me for a scan. I was retaining 380ml. Drained bladder and showed me how to self cath. I wasn't very successful. Had a day with Gyny and nurses following week and they ended up putting in an indwelling cath. Been weeks now. Had it out for 2 hours and retained 680ml I couldn't void. Awful awful feeling of being so •full• Huge regrets I took this route, 4.5 years post a TVT for stress + urge incontinence that didn't help."

SuzyR June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "Life-changing! With Botox my almost daily migraines are well-controlled for 2-1/2 months of the three-month treatment period. If I do get a migraine, most of the time ibuprofen is all I need. Before Botox, ibuprofen would do nothing."

mmm69 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dystonia "I have adult onset generalized dystonia. I receive approx. 50 injections every 10 weeks. The injections start at the bottom of my feet and end at the top of my head. I have constant migraines and noises in my head. The botox really helps the spasms and cramps. The migraines and noises are kept to a minimum with the botox. It has been a godsend."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "An update from my post on March 7- I still cannot empty my bladder and have to self-cath. The Botox treatment was December 21, so now it has been five months! I am beyond frustrated! I have no idea when and if my bladder will ever be normal again."

RB2020 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "First had Botox injections March of 2016. Doctor stated it would last six to nine months. Lasted 13 months and no side effects. Last week had my second injection as an outpatient. Took about five days to have me back to normal. Best choice I made for my OAB. No problems at this time and hoping it last at least nine months."

BK May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "Received my first set of injections 3 months ago. The first week felt like a migraine was going to come, but never formulated. Botox reduced my migraines from 23 headache days per month to 6 headache days per month. I was able to decrease my oral preventative, Topamax and Depakoke (which I have several side effects from). Approximately 2.5 months in, the Botox wore off and migraines returned. Anxious to receive the next round and find some relief. It's a wonderful alternative to oral medication. Aside from some very mild soreness for a week, I have no side effects, even in my neck. It's the greatest preventative I've ever been on. Just make sure a neurologist gives you the injections."

Meemfelds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "So I just had the botox done yesterday. I was really hoping for possible reaction but with in a few hours I couldn't urinate called the Dr on Call and pissed (pun!) me off for he never called me . I had to go to my own hospital for 3 hours which was way to far. The hospital drained my bladder all though not much in it and had me begging him please there is still more iron in there he said nothing I'm sorry. I went to there bathroom 5 more times. I have one of the worst cases and next is getting the box implanted."

Rpoole (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I just had my third botox treatment. The first was great. It was painful but worth it. I did not retain urine or have an infection. What a relief. The second one was 7 months later and I had good results. This third one was nine months later and after 6 weeks I have not had any positive results. I have an appt with my urologist to see what we can do, but it is very disappointing to go through this with no results. I thought I could control this urge incontinency for life."

Haiku24 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I got my life back after Botox!"

PEP May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Limb Spasticity "I receive the highest dose of this drug for spasticity in my upper arm. All I can say is that it definitely helps me but then the drug will wear off quickly, I am now on the highest dose."

Scott0409 April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I had sling surgery for stress incontinence. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and no leakage. I had minimal urge incontinence, but since the surgery, the urge incontinence is 100% more. I need to go every 30 minutes and have to wear the thickest pad. I have been told that I can retrain my bladder/mind if I hold on until the urge goes away, this may take months to do. I am reluctant to have botox. Has anyone done this?"

Colbak April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Facial Wrinkles "This neurotoxin sent me to the hospital with leg convulsions, extreme anxiety, confusion, pain, depression and difficulties swallowing. I'm 8 weeks post botox and still have to take meds to stop my legs from convulsing. My anxiety is still through the roof. It's a very scary thing to be told by medical professionals that there is NOTHING they can do to help you. The only advise I was given was to call 911 if my throats started to close and I'd be put on a ventilator. Everyday I'm one day closer to hopefully making a full recovery. But please if you are considering using Botox do your due diligence and be informed on the risks. I had had it many times before with no problems this time my body decided enough was enough!"

S. Hudson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "Just got my first set of Botox injections yesterday And the experience was easy and I was definitely pleased my doctor took her time with each injection and before I knew I was done"

Annbell April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Ok an update on my Botox treatment , close to 3 weeks since I had this done , it kicked in faster than expected and what a relief to not wear pads for the first time in years and the urge to go has basically gone and now I can sleep all night , a Huge Huge plus , now what many call the down side to the botox is the self cathing , for me I don't see this as a real down side , it takes just seconds to cath and its no big deal to me , it is such a small price to pay for the huge benefits , but thats just my opinion , cath 5 or 6 times a day , or tinkle every 30 minutes and constant leaking , I'll take cathing hands down"

Anonymous April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "For spinal cord injury's this is a life saver. I have a permanent catheter so paralyzing the bladder is not a problem, which seems to be the most frequent complaint. If they could paralyze it permanently, I'd sign up. If you suffer from leakage or involuntary urination and have a permanent catheter, try it. You won't be disappointed. I have it done twice annually for the past 10 years. My only issue are the large blood clots that can clog my catheter a few days after, but a small price to pay."

Cliffpo March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I had the procedure for my bladder with botox on December 14, 2016. It has been the most horrible experience in my life, the doctor never told me about the possible consequences of it, I will never recommend it, EVER!!!!!!! It's been almost three months and I still have problems."

Ma. Cristina (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia "I have both cervical dystonia and spasmodic dysphonia. I receive Botox injections in my neck, shoulders and voice box. The injections in my shoulders accompany the injections in my neck for cervical dystonia. The injections in my shoulders leave my shoulders feeling knotted and cause frequent headaches and muscle pain. My Neurologist told me the Botox should get rid of the pain and not cause it but in my case, the headaches and muscle pain are noticeably there. Does anyone else experience this problem?"

Buffyboo123 March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I've been having bladder botox injections for 12 years at Hospital I have had urge double incontinence for about 15 years, caused by Multiple Sclerosis (primary progressive). I am nearly 70. I was tried on different treatments for about 3 years. Nothing worked. I had to wear thicker and thicker incontinence pads (very embarrassing)! Eventually, I was given Flexible Cystoscopy and Botox. Has to be done every 9 months, first it was with (20 injections), later increased to (30 inj's). It was worth every jab! Takes about 15 minutes under local. They always do FC and test your urine first. Discomfort during procedure and sore for a few days. No other side effects. Time to find a loo, and dry pants."

Dont have nickname (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I had a Botox treatment to my bladder for OAB on December 21, 2016. My urologist did not counsel me on the side effects or send me home after the treatment with an antibiotic as directed in the Botox pamphlet. Since that time, I have had two UTI's and still cannot empty my bladder. It is March 7 and I still have to self-cath every four hours. Like someone else wrote, I'm afraid my bladder will never be the same again and right now it feels like I'll be self-cathing for months. I wish I had never heard of Botox for my bladder!"

RB2020 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia "Amazing.. I had cervical Dystonia from an allergic reaction to a drug when I was a kid and have been dealing with it and the pain half my life. It has stopped me from being active among with other conditions I have had. Since doing botox I haven't thrown my back or neck out, my pain has lessened and my quality of life has increased ten fold. I just got another shot (we are still figuring out my exact amount) and have been doing it for close to a year now. It takes time to reach the right amount and they don't want to give you too much early due to severe side effects of paralysising your muscles and causing a droop in neck or hard to swallow which can last several weeks or longer. I think I am close to finding my sweet spot. Don't give up!"

David15545645454 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I've been receiving Botox every 4 months for severe OAB for the past 10 years. Without it I need heavy incontinence pads or adult diapers. With it, I only experience an occasional small accident about 2 weeks before treatment and need no pads at all. It completely changed my quality of life for the better."

Esmerodo (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2017