User Reviews for Botox

Chronic Spasticity

Facial Wrinkles

Summary of Botox reviews 6.4 254 reviews

Reviews for Botox

For Urinary Incontinence "I had Botox injection at the hospital under general anesthesia. I am handicapped and my physician advised me that the surgery centers won't take a patient that can't walk on their own in case of fire. (I think this is rubbish) The first night it worked great. Didn't have to get up, stayed dry and I was thrilled. Hasn't worked since. Am trying to decide if I want to give it another try. I am so tired of having to pee all the time and waking up in the night to change my depends as I have soaked the one I'm wearing."

dog mom September 24, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Had it done today. Worked for me right away. For once I feel normal again. That being said, I was given a percocet and valium one hour before procedure. Still felt half the needle sticks in bladder. Scale 1 to 10 , it was a 5.. but it was quick..Results almost immediate. I feel like my old self! I'm a 58 year old woman that had to double up on pads just to walk my dogs..Can't wait to walk them now."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I’ve been getting Botox for two years now. My migraines used to be 15-18 a month and now they are between 6-8 a month. I feel human again and not like they rule my life. However, since I started Botox my neck hurts 100% of the time. Sometimes so bad I can’t turn it to the left. Honestly sometimes I know driving isn’t very safe since I can’t turn my head. That being said. For now I’m happy with the results. I can’t raise my eyebrows anymore either so my kids like to tease me :)"

Brownsgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "This procedure has destroyed my life. My condition has gone from bad to bed ridden. I cannot wait for this to wear off. Do not get this done without reading about the risks."

Frustrated September 14, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had an overactive bladder before the botox treating. I had to urinate very often especially after drinking coffee or alcohol. Five weeks after the injection my condition has worsened. I urinate more often, in smaller amounts and the urge comes on very rapidly. I do not recommend this treatment."

Yves (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I'm 20 years old, I was diagnosed with an overactive bladder a year ago. I have tried many pills and none of them have worked. I used to always walk every single day when I was bored or had nothing to do. I was outgoing but my background was really unhealthy, I was always depressed ever since I been like this I have had bad anxiety and depression. I always got sad when my family would travel somewhere out of town especially my partner to. I always wished I went to. I had Botox done on July 24 and it hasn't changed a bit. I haven't tried any thing else but I always wondered if anyone has been in my boat and felt like going all the time but embrasses to go every time you have the urge.?"

Tee August 28, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "After reading all the reviews, it is just like everything else. It is good for some people and others not. I have been on Botox for 3 years getting the procedure twice a year. I have an excellent urologist and have had no problems at all. It is not perfect but makes my life manageable. I do use pads on outings as a precaution. Ladies restrooms are usually full and sometimes hard to find and I don't want to take a chance. At home, I don't need a pad. I am sorry for all that have this problem starting at a young age. I am in my late 70's and so glad for this procedure. I am off to a cruise this Fall."

Lizzie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Worse decision ever. Prior to receiving Botox , I used to go to the restroom 5-6 times during the day and night. Now I go approximately 8 times during the day and 11 at night. I have not been able to sleep at all. Most of the time is just the urge to go but not able to empty my bladder. My life has become a living hell!!!!....Please, Please do not have this procedure."

Insane August 26, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I’ve had migraines for 35 years and they were getting progressively worse over the years, to the point where meds would work okay for a few hours and then another migraine would begin. I had at least 1 migraine a day every day of the month for years. Then I began Botox injections...amazing and down right life changing. Highly recommend."

Shay (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had a botox injection into my bladder on June 21st and last year for four days I was fine and it felt funny not having pee running down my legs then a couple days later I broke out really bad with rash all over my body and very sick and into the emergency room at two different hospitals. I had a hard time breathing, sick to stomach and I could no longer urinate and had to use catheters for two weeks and I had to be put on 1 and a half worth of steroids pills and injections. I almost died from not having anyone explain to me more about the dangers. I am not still feeling like I was before the Botox. I had one injection that almost killed me. You will not submit because you don't want other patients to know the truth about what happened to me. But I will make sure that the media will know and inform the public as to what Botox can and will do to some women like me."

Momma Cass (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Got botox on my bladder 4 weeks ago after years of overactive bladder. Since then I've had 4 UTI's and now have to use a catheter as I was retaining urine, that's the downside. On the positive I've had no embarrassing accidents and certainly don't run to the loo like I used to. Nurse says it's early days so time will tell would I get it again??? Undecided on that one at the moment x"

Kaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "In 2000 I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I received my first series of Botox injections in October 2001 & right away I could tell it was a great relief. In 2004, I started having difficulty with more head tremors. I started on a low dose of Klonopin at just 0.5 mg as needed. It keeps my head pretty stable without the tremors & I can attend events, etc. and feel pretty confident. I would like to recommend a wonderful organization that I joined in the beginning that really provided a lot of useful information. The National Spasmodic Torticollis Association has a yearly weekend symposium where they have noted speakers & doctors talking on dystonia & the newest breakthroughs. I went to one that was held out here on the east coast close to my home & it was very informative & encouraging to meet others with the same disorder. Don't ever give up!! Good luck and God bless."

Cal August 5, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I'm 24 years old. Felt like my life was falling out of control. I would have to wear leakage pads every where I went. I literally got so depressed I stopped going out because I would have to leave the restaurant or leave a party to go home. I have been on several overactive bladder medications and this last one Myrbetriq has helped me but I was still having spasms. I went to a physical pelvic floor therapist and she did wonders on me. Unfortunately, my spasms came back and I felt bloated all the time! My urologist recommended Botox and we gave it a try. Let me tell you even though I felt some of the needles in my bladder. Was the best decision I ever made! I don't have to pee as often now, I can enjoy a public outing without the worries. I feel so much better!"

RodeoQueen (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "My daughter at 21 suddenly developed an overactive bladder. She is in a wheelchair so it was a very difficult and trying situation. We tried anticholinergic medication but it was unreliable and dried her out so she was always thirsty & it was a vicious cycle drink, pee, drink per 24/7. A friend told us how she had Botox for same condition so we gave it a go. 100% effective easily by day 3 and just changed our lives - we now have 100 units every 7-8 mths . My daughter has her life back."

Relax (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been on botox every 3 months for about a year. Just now getting the dose correct (I hope). It has worked wonders for me, but does not hold me the whole three months. I was out of town last week and had a major flare-up. I ended up trying cold laser therapy and it helped a lot. I was upright in 24 hours! My Neuro said it was ok to try, so I am going to see a local dr to see about continuing it. I hope to get off botox if possible - even though it works. It is so expensive. Has anyone else tried cold laser therapy?"

MJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Migraines started when I was 11 yrs old I'm almost 42 now. I have 22 migraine days average a month. Nausea, vomiting, etc. Had my 1st round of Botox injections 3 weeks ago...only 1 migraine since. Still waiting to see how it affects me long term, but so far I'm pleased"

FLgearhdgirlie (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox injection on June 12, 2018. The doctor never told me about urinary retention possibilities before hand or I would never have agreed to this procedure. I have had urinary retention since June 12 and still have to self catherize 6 weeks later with no let up in sight. I am constantly sick like I have the flu. I have terrible urge to urinate constantly. This is living hell for me between trips to the ER and doctor's office. I have lost over 20 pounds in 6 weeks. DO NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT."

Toni (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My physician encouraged me to get BOTOX injections for migraines. Other medications have failed. I was left with 4 painful nodules at 4 injection sites and severe ptosis (drooping or falling of the upper eyelid), and it did not help my migraines. I would not recommend this at all."

KarenM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I did not have any real pain. I just had the head shaking which made it difficult to sleep with my head bouncing on the pillow. I got Botox shots about a month ago. The head shaking is much worse and the pain on that side of my head, neck and shoulders is intense. My doctor used the machine someone mentioned and knows what she is doing. It is just not working for me for cervical dystonia. I have had it for wrinkles and it works great for that. I am waiting for a call back from her to see if there is anything they can do to help the pain and shaking this has caused. Do y'all (yes, I'm from the south) know of anything that will help? I'm really hurting."

susanm (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Had migraines for 20 years and used botox for about 11 times now. At first seemed to really help but wore off after 2 months. Now I am having ear problems, dizziness and severe pain on side of head and neck. I think I am going to stop botox treatment."

Sassy 35 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Before Botox, I would get around 17-23 migraines a month. Not headaches, but true migraines where you vomit, and can’t function. The Botox shots worked great for preventing migraines and reducing pain. I went from 17 to 2 migraines a month, it was incredible! At first, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, but unfortunately, the crippling cost and intense side effect pain made me stop. It began positive, and slowly grew into a big negative. The side effects from Botox were manageable, but after two years, they grew to be unbearable. I started getting intense, massive knots in my neck, jaw, and shoulders that weekly massages and muscle relaxers couldn’t alleviate. It became a terrible chronic pain and because of the $1,500 out of pocket cost for 200 units every three months (with health insurance covering the rest) it just wasn’t a long-term option. We reduced the units, but the damage was done. If you're seriously considering Botox, try it for a year and see!"

Cassie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "Recently diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia (CD) and occipital neuralgia. Neck pain right side, shoulder spasms, 11 months. Headaches eight months. Pre-botox: PT, acupuncture, anti-inflammatories, nerve meds...steroid injections, ablation, cranio sacral, osteopath. No relief. Two weeks ago botox for both. Headaches disappeared immediately Neck pain unchanged. Wrong diagnosis? Sleeping better with headaches gone but still exhausted. Recently had annual physical. High blood calcium level wondering if that could be related to neck pain. Still too soon to tell but hoping botox will work. Don't want to wait for next round. Only negative side effect is weird sensation when I try to eat or lean forward. Like I have a two pound weight on back of my neck. Also, when I try to bring food to my mouth, subtle difficulty opening my jaw fully. No trouble swallowing. Anyone else have this?"

whatapainintheneck April 9, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I took Botox for migraines for 3 years, and I immediately notice neck pain and other adverse reactions after the first injections. My doctor told me that my neck pain was not due to the Botox so I continued usage. After years of unexplainable pain and seeing other doctors I discovered that my issues sounded like the horrific stories of other Botox users. I remember when I didn’t have neck pain, and it came to me that it all started around the Botox. It’s been 6 months since I had my last Botox treatment but I am still in pain. My CK levels are abnormally high due to the muscle damage caused in my neck to Botox. I have trouble sleeping, and doing just about any other task, and lately my muscles in my neck and face are uncontrollably twitching. I don’t know where to turn to."

Fighter April 4, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have cervical dystonia and received Botox every 3 months for 3 years. The worst side effects were: intense pain in the injected muscles, head drop, and mild dysphagia. I didn't have the side effects after every series of shots, only some. My doctor also said there should be no pain with Botox, I think the Botox company needs to do some additional research about the side effect of pain, because most of the posters here have complained about it. The head drop I had after many of the shots, and had to put my hand under my chin when I was walking to keep my head up. My doctor managed to get it perfect (with little to no side effects) maybe 4 times out of the 10-12 times I was injected. Then I went into remission for 4 years. Still had cervical dystonia, but I felt it was manageable. A good physical therapist can be an enormous help if you are diligent about doing the exercises. Now its back and I'm scheduled to receive Botox in a few weeks. I'm apprehensive....."

Pianiki (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "The key to getting the relief is both a good Doctor and patience in finding the correct amount needed. Nothing will be perfect but the injections provide the only sensible way to cope."

Jerry P. (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2018