User Reviews for Botox

Chronic Spasticity
4.7

Summary of Botox reviews 6.2 279 reviews

Reviews for Botox

For Overactive Bladder "I would never do this again. Since my injection one month ago I have had three trips to the ER, two foleys catheter put in, bleeding when I tried to self catheter and a physician who seems indifferent to my problem. My life has become an obsession about being able to pee. My QoL has been negatively affected. I should have found this site before I let myself get talked into procedure. What a mistake."

Q (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "My migraine was constant. Lasting weeks at a time. I have only had one treatment with Botox and it cut the intensity of the migraine considerably. I now can feel highs and lows. The lows being partial relief. Unfortunately, it is like the migraine moved into my jaw, neck, shoulders and then down my spine in a flare up. Holding my arms up while driving causes spasms that will rival the worst Charlie horse! A month in and the neck pain is getting very slowly getting better. I have tried numerous muscle relaxants and creams to help, but nothing ever kicks it. I will try a second injection. I plan to discuss omitting or limiting the injections in my neck and back of the skull with my Dr. to see if we can lessen the neck pain and still get relief."

Pain in the neck. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had the Botox in October 2018 for an overactive bladder. I got told I could go into retention for a few days. This was the worst decision of my life. 3 days after the procedure I couldn’t pee I was in agony so I got taken to A&E I was admitted and was in for 13 days. I had an infection and was in retention fully, had a fullness feeling and was in chronic pain. I got discharged with catheters and I was so sore using the catheters I couldn’t use them. So ended up back to A&E admitted again another 5 days with a indwelling catheter in this time. Then came home 3 days later the catheter got blocked the pain was that bad I couldn’t walk, sit, stand or anything. I was sick so back again to A&E admitted again it’s now middle of January I’m no better. I’m still using catheters. I've got the fullness feeling and can’t get on with my life. I don’t get any feeling of needing a wee. All I can say is please look into it properly before deciding to have this. It is not worth it at all !!!!"

Donna January 16, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "3 months ago I had my first injections. It made it so I go even more often in my pants. I read where someone did it a second time and they got better. I go in tomorrow for my second try. Mine is worse now than before I started treatment. I damaged something from my radiation. I was great until my 40 treatments of radiation. I hate wetting myself and feeling so dirty. I even decided to retire at 61 because sometimes I'd wet myself in front of customers. I pray this time it works. It's very depressing so now I am on depression meds. Wish me luck"

jimbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "We were going on a 90 day trip, and I was used to doing PTNS (Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimuation) every month. I decided to try the botox so I would not have a problem on my trip. Actually if I had read some of the horror stories on this blog, then I probably would have opted out. I am glad that I had it done. The procedure was painful. Then the twinges afterwards were like mild labor contractions for about 12 hours. Tylenol helped a lot. I told my husband that I would never have it done again. After the initial twinges and a few days it worked, and it has been amazing for 6 1/2 months, and it is still working. I feel free from rushing to the bathroom. I am now just wondering when it will wear off. I will definitely be doing it again and just taking Tylenol that first day. Just know that it hurts, then it cramps for a while, but to me it is so worth it. I am hoping I can go without another treatment for 8 or 9 months."

snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I am finished with Botox!!! The first round of 30 shots were hell afterwards! I had migraines/chronic neck pain/headaches for a month. Then I had three weeks of no migraines/headaches/neck pain. I thought I died and went to heaven. And then it all came back. Honestly, I was actually dreading the second round of Botox, but I knew I had to give it one more chance. The second round was worse!!! I wake up with what feels like a vice on my neck. Immediately I had 23 days of migraines/severe headaches straight. There is no way to explain what it feels like to lay in bed with lights off, no sound or very faint, and being in your head feeling so alone. Luckily, I have had no migraines for three weeks now but horrible headaches and a very painful neck. Migraines are the the most misunderstood, complicated illnesses both for the person who has them and secondary to that is understanding from friends and family members. It really wears me down when I have these everyday."

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For Migraine "I absolutely love botox for my migraines. They were down to 1 a month."

kim January 9, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I've been having Botox treatment for my migraines every 12 weeks for nearly 2 years and they have improved my symptoms massively, I have suffered from debilitating hemiplegic migraines for just over 20 years and despite being on most of the preventative drugs out there was getting attacks on average once a week, usually so bad that I would need hospital intervention. Since starting the Botox, I'm not saying it's magic, I still have attacks but the frequency and severity when one does hit is so much lower and I usually only start to have attacks around the time my next cycle of Botox is due, it has changed my life."

Lillypops (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "Had procedure in August 2018 and have suffered with constant infections ever since. Wish I could turn the clock back as I would not have had this done- BIG mistake. I don’t think the risks are explained enough and they most certainly should be as a lot of people suffer negative effects from this treatment. Think very carefully and ask LOTS of questions before making a decision."

Bennybenson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

For Migraine Prevention "I get the Botox injections for my cluster headaches and have informed my doctor I(neurology) that I am satisfied with the results. I'm not having to tote around needles and or pills just in case I got a cluster headache. I would agree the botox for cluster headaches for me is a 5-star rating"

X~ January 3, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had this done in December 2018 due to an over active bladder. I regret having this done. Now I can't fully empty my bladder which brings on cramps. I rather deal with the over active bladder.. At least I felt relief when I passed urine. Now constant cramps, fullness and discomfort.."

Bladder 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox a year and a half ago for OAB and it has never worn off. I’m in constant agony. I have to self catheterise nearly every hour or two, sometimes more. There’s times I’m cathetering every 20mins if I’ve had a drink. What ever goes into my bladder has to come out right away or I am in agony. It’s ruined my life wish I had never got it done!!"

Alana December 28, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had the botox on 11/30 and on 12/10 I had to go to the doctor because my bladder felt so full and I could not urinate enough. They gave me catheters to cath myself which was hard for me to do, I always got at least 500 mL. I got 650 mL back, called the doctor and was told to go to the ER and get a foley catheter. I went back to the doctor on 12/19, had the foley removed. The next morning, I had to cath myself again, I could only urinate a little. I went back to the doctor, after urinating they had a 650 mL urine return and they put another foley catheter in. I am in so much pain today I could just cry. I have had 2 UTI's since the procedure and am just miserable."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "So I’ve been taking medicine for overactive bladder for a long time and I’ve had some undesirable side effects from those medications. I’m only 27 and when my doctor told me about the Botox injection into the bladder I was skeptical but I told myself I would give it a try and at least then I would know so when I went into the doctor to get the procedure done it was pretty uncomfortable but here I am three days later and I can feel Definite relief for me. I wasn’t having any problems with leaking or peeing on myself it was just the urgency I was having to get up during the night up to 10 or even more. Anyways like I said I’m on day three and I definitely feel a lot of relief from the sense of urgency and my doctor said that it could take up to two weeks for the full effects to work so I am super hopeful that it will get even better than it already has overall I’m really glad I got this treatment I hope this helps"

Shayster (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "Please stay well clear of this horrible drug, the hospital never told me the risks they said you'll be fine it will help you. Botox in the bladder is pure torture regardless of needing it, the reviews speak for themselves and I wish I read all these 1 star reviews before I had the procedure done, it's ruined my life and has only been one month. I was advised it will help my condition it's made my life worse. Anyone reading this. Do not have this procedure done regardless of your condition it will torture you slowly. I can only pray that this horrible drug will wear off in time every day is a struggle. The healthcare providers haven't the slightest clue they are meant to help people not make them worse and they should of explained the 7 risks not say just sign the consent form you'll be ok. Stay well clear of Botox it will make your life hell. Mr T"

Mr T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2018

For Migraine "Had allergic reaction on twelfth treatment. Still going threw it a week after injections. Two emergency room visits. Doctor said it can last two weeks or longer. Botox still working way thru body. This is horrible!"

Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Had mine done 4 weeks ago my incontinence is worse. Goning through more pads per day. I'm glad I tried it had to find out if it would help. Now I realize that after my prostate surgery I have to realize a new normal and live with it. The one good thing about Botox is it wears off after a few months so I should get back to where is was before the treatment. Hang in there it does suck but it could be worse."

tapper December 14, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I tried Botox injections in the back of my neck and front left side for Cervical Dystonia 2weeks ago today. Total of 16 injections, the pain was something I never want to go through again. I have missed a total of 24 hours at work due to pain and overall difficulties with talking and of this weird feeling of my head being pulled back into my neck. Intense piercing pain in the top of my head in the back. I have difficulty lifting with pain in my upper back, shoulders and neck area. I am getting cramping at the back of my head near the hairline. Difficultly turning my head to the right (making it hard to reverse when driving). My throat is swollen it is hard to eat. I knew about this as being a side effect. But the rest has been so much of a burden that I rather have a head that shakes. I can’t see myself going through this process again. To top it all off my head still is shaking. I am excited for this medication to wear off."

Sorasaurus (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My neck and shoulders are more painful than the migraine ever was but it has only been two weeks. How long has this side effect lasted for others?"

Red (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I deeply regret being talked into getting a botox injection by my specialist. I have an extremely small bladder capacity (about 100ml at best) and extremely high bladder pressure of 100 per 50 ml....This meant I was going to the toilet to pee every 20-30 minutes or so. It was frustrating, but somewhat manageable by wearing uridomes and leg bags. I was talked into undertaking a botox injection by my specialist and it has completely backfired for me. I am now urinary retentive and cannot pee at all. I have a constant sensation of having a full bladder and am needing to self catheter every 1-2 hours, day and night. Apparently I may be like this for several months until the effects of the botox start to wear off. It is now costing me a small fortune buying catheters, lube, hand sanitiser etc....I am going through about 70-90 catheters per week, so it adds up very quickly."

Cooper (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "Received my first treatment today for CD right rotational/retrocollis. Mostly rotational. I know it’s supposed to take time but I have already felt the muscles loosening and have better control of my head and can look left. Increased range of motion already as well. I thought 100 units spread out wouldn’t be enough but so far so good. Excited to start being able to do more PT to work on neuroplasticity. No pain at injection sites or anything in day 1. I believe they hit my left SCM, right splenius, right levator scap, and right obliquus inferior but I’m waiting for the report. My doctor isn’t much for explaining things or giving feedback."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My first round of botox injections was a week ago. The next day I felt a twitching sensation in my right eye that wouldn't go away. Yesterday I found out the whole right side of my face was numb and falling. It was very disconcerting. I called both my primary care doctor and the neurologist who injected me and both of their nurses said to go to the E.R. The I.V. fluids they gave me made a huge difference. The stiffness in my neck and jaw aren't as noticeable, the eyelid twitching has stopped and my eyelids and facial muscles are more symmetrical. It must have just been a bout of dehydration. My migraines are not even back. I'm happy."

Kansascitykitten (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I received the series of Botox injections 4 days ago in upper traps and scalenes Since then I’ve been much worse - upper traps and cervical areas are exceptionally tight to the point where I can barely do anything Nothing is helping - Pt, MED’s, anti-inflammatory drugs, heat etc I’m in much worse shape - not sure how long this may last ! I’m worried !"

Chrissandiego (taken for 10 years or more) October 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I am so pleased! I had horrible pain and leakage, so much so that I would wet myself several times a day. I suffered for years! Diapers with pads couldn’t hold all the leakage. I had Botox last week, and from day 1 have had no leakage. I do have a little urgency, but I expect this to get better, and it’s not constant. I did check my residual urine amount via catheter to make sure I was not retaining. I found this very simple to do, and quite reassuring. It was a little scary to have the Botox simply due to fear of the unknown, but everything is great and I’m so excited to have my life back!"

Astromom (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Chronic Spasticity "My Daughter is 32 non verbal and has had botox injections for about a year in her hamstrings calves and they targeted multiple muscles. Suddenly now she has about 5-6 falls a day she just falls backwards or collapses and falls forward without the ability to catch herself. The dr. says the botox wore off so he targeted more muscles. She cannot talk or express if she has headaches or muscle pain or spasms from her botox injections for her spasticity. It has not improved her gait or walking. I have read so many reviews of pain after. Yet my daughter cannot explain or express what happens before or after her falls or her daily activities if she is dizzy or disoriented. I am disappointed because the first few she walked better, now its getting worse."

Angelman October 18, 2018