User Reviews for Botox

Facial Wrinkles
5.5

Summary of Botox reviews 6.4 245 reviews

Reviews for Botox

For Overactive Bladder "I had a botox injection into my bladder on June 21st and last year for four days I was fine and it felt funny not having pee running down my legs then a couple days later I broke out really bad with rash all over my body and very sick and into the emergency room at two different hospitals. I had a hard time breathing, sick to stomach and I could no longer urinate and had to use catheters for two weeks and I had to be put on 1 and a half worth of steroids pills and injections. I almost died from not having anyone explain to me more about the dangers. I am not still feeling like I was before the Botox. I had one injection that almost killed me. You will not submit because you don't want other patients to know the truth about what happened to me. But I will make sure that the media will know and inform the public as to what Botox can and will do to some women like me."

Momma Cass (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Got botox on my bladder 4 weeks ago after years of overactive bladder. Since then I've had 4 UTI's and now have to use a catheter as I was retaining urine, that's the downside. On the positive I've had no embarrassing accidents and certainly don't run to the loo like I used to. Nurse says it's early days so time will tell would I get it again??? Undecided on that one at the moment x"

Kaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "In 2000 I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I received my first series of Botox injections in October 2001 & right away I could tell it was a great relief. In 2004, I started having difficulty with more head tremors. I started on a low dose of Klonopin at just 0.5 mg as needed. It keeps my head pretty stable without the tremors & I can attend events, etc. and feel pretty confident. I would like to recommend a wonderful organization that I joined in the beginning that really provided a lot of useful information. The National Spasmodic Torticollis Association has a yearly weekend symposium where they have noted speakers & doctors talking on dystonia & the newest breakthroughs. I went to one that was held out here on the east coast close to my home & it was very informative & encouraging to meet others with the same disorder. Don't ever give up!! Good luck and God bless."

Cal August 5, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I'm 24 years old. Felt like my life was falling out of control. I would have to wear leakage pads every where I went. I literally got so depressed I stopped going out because I would have to leave the restaurant or leave a party to go home. I have been on several overactive bladder medications and this last one Myrbetriq has helped me but I was still having spasms. I went to a physical pelvic floor therapist and she did wonders on me. Unfortunately, my spasms came back and I felt bloated all the time! My urologist recommended Botox and we gave it a try. Let me tell you even though I felt some of the needles in my bladder. Was the best decision I ever made! I don't have to pee as often now, I can enjoy a public outing without the worries. I feel so much better!"

RodeoQueen (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "My daughter at 21 suddenly developed an overactive bladder. She is in a wheelchair so it was a very difficult and trying situation. We tried anticholinergic medication but it was unreliable and dried her out so she was always thirsty & it was a vicious cycle drink, pee, drink per 24/7. A friend told us how she had Botox for same condition so we gave it a go. 100% effective easily by day 3 and just changed our lives - we now have 100 units every 7-8 mths . My daughter has her life back."

Relax (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been on botox every 3 months for about a year. Just now getting the dose correct (I hope). It has worked wonders for me, but does not hold me the whole three months. I was out of town last week and had a major flare-up. I ended up trying cold laser therapy and it helped a lot. I was upright in 24 hours! My Neuro said it was ok to try, so I am going to see a local dr to see about continuing it. I hope to get off botox if possible - even though it works. It is so expensive. Has anyone else tried cold laser therapy?"

MJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Migraines started when I was 11 yrs old I'm almost 42 now. I have 22 migraine days average a month. Nausea, vomiting, etc. Had my 1st round of Botox injections 3 weeks ago...only 1 migraine since. Still waiting to see how it affects me long term, but so far I'm pleased"

FLgearhdgirlie (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox injection on June 12, 2018. The doctor never told me about urinary retention possibilities before hand or I would never have agreed to this procedure. I have had urinary retention since June 12 and still have to self catherize 6 weeks later with no let up in sight. I am constantly sick like I have the flu. I have terrible urge to urinate constantly. This is living hell for me between trips to the ER and doctor's office. I have lost over 20 pounds in 6 weeks. DO NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT."

Toni (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "My physician encouraged me to get BOTOX injections for migraines. Other medications have failed. I was left with 4 painful nodules at 4 injection sites and severe ptosis (drooping or falling of the upper eyelid), and it did not help my migraines. I would not recommend this at all."

KarenM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia. I did not have any real pain. I just had the head shaking which made it difficult to sleep with my head bouncing on the pillow. I got Botox shots about a month ago. The head shaking is much worse and the pain on that side of my head, neck and shoulders is intense. My doctor used the machine someone mentioned and knows what she is doing. It is just not working for me for cervical dystonia. I have had it for wrinkles and it works great for that. I am waiting for a call back from her to see if there is anything they can do to help the pain and shaking this has caused. Do y'all (yes, I'm from the south) know of anything that will help? I'm really hurting."

susanm (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Had migraines for 20 years and used botox for about 11 times now. At first seemed to really help but wore off after 2 months. Now I am having ear problems, dizziness and severe pain on side of head and neck. I think I am going to stop botox treatment."

Sassy 35 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Before Botox, I would get around 17-23 migraines a month. Not headaches, but true migraines where you vomit, and can’t function. The Botox shots worked great for preventing migraines and reducing pain. I went from 17 to 2 migraines a month, it was incredible! At first, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, but unfortunately, the crippling cost and intense side effect pain made me stop. It began positive, and slowly grew into a big negative. The side effects from Botox were manageable, but after two years, they grew to be unbearable. I started getting intense, massive knots in my neck, jaw, and shoulders that weekly massages and muscle relaxers couldn’t alleviate. It became a terrible chronic pain and because of the $1,500 out of pocket cost for 200 units every three months (with health insurance covering the rest) it just wasn’t a long-term option. We reduced the units, but the damage was done. If you're seriously considering Botox, try it for a year and see!"

Cassie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "Recently diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia (CD) and occipital neuralgia. Neck pain right side, shoulder spasms, 11 months. Headaches eight months. Pre-botox: PT, acupuncture, anti-inflammatories, nerve meds...steroid injections, ablation, cranio sacral, osteopath. No relief. Two weeks ago botox for both. Headaches disappeared immediately Neck pain unchanged. Wrong diagnosis? Sleeping better with headaches gone but still exhausted. Recently had annual physical. High blood calcium level wondering if that could be related to neck pain. Still too soon to tell but hoping botox will work. Don't want to wait for next round. Only negative side effect is weird sensation when I try to eat or lean forward. Like I have a two pound weight on back of my neck. Also, when I try to bring food to my mouth, subtle difficulty opening my jaw fully. No trouble swallowing. Anyone else have this?"

whatapainintheneck April 9, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I took Botox for migraines for 3 years, and I immediately notice neck pain and other adverse reactions after the first injections. My doctor told me that my neck pain was not due to the Botox so I continued usage. After years of unexplainable pain and seeing other doctors I discovered that my issues sounded like the horrific stories of other Botox users. I remember when I didn’t have neck pain, and it came to me that it all started around the Botox. It’s been 6 months since I had my last Botox treatment but I am still in pain. My CK levels are abnormally high due to the muscle damage caused in my neck to Botox. I have trouble sleeping, and doing just about any other task, and lately my muscles in my neck and face are uncontrollably twitching. I don’t know where to turn to."

Fighter April 4, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "I have cervical dystonia and received Botox every 3 months for 3 years. The worst side effects were: intense pain in the injected muscles, head drop, and mild dysphagia. I didn't have the side effects after every series of shots, only some. My doctor also said there should be no pain with Botox, I think the Botox company needs to do some additional research about the side effect of pain, because most of the posters here have complained about it. The head drop I had after many of the shots, and had to put my hand under my chin when I was walking to keep my head up. My doctor managed to get it perfect (with little to no side effects) maybe 4 times out of the 10-12 times I was injected. Then I went into remission for 4 years. Still had cervical dystonia, but I felt it was manageable. A good physical therapist can be an enormous help if you are diligent about doing the exercises. Now its back and I'm scheduled to receive Botox in a few weeks. I'm apprehensive....."

Pianiki (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia "The key to getting the relief is both a good Doctor and patience in finding the correct amount needed. Nothing will be perfect but the injections provide the only sensible way to cope."

Jerry P. (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Absolutely terrible. Has had no effect or positive impact on preventing my chronic migraines. Awful side effects no one warned me about: extreme hair loss (it falls out in clumps), constant nausea, hot flashes, depression & lack of energy.. just to name a few. I’m 23 and have never felt worse. Highly recommend A DIFFERENT TREATMENT."

Aj2240 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I had about five partial rounds of Botox. The first 2 helped me go from chronic to frequent episodic, then no benefit for 3 rounds all likely at 100. Took a break and HA worse.Then I had a round from well-known headache/pain clinic and found that I had not been getting standard protocol before. Got about 1/2 my normal headaches so very happy. As that wore off, I went back to the clinic. A different Dr. asked me where the headaches hurt and was trying to customize injections and he also told me he was giving me extra--I assume that means 200 since before I had 150. 2 days after that, I have had migraine just about every day for last 10 days-I knew there were risks but did not realize I could cause more migraine than I had before. Hope this is just the med waiting to kick in but very concerned"

mo (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I have been getting Botox injections for 6 years now. I react differently almost every time. Sometimes it lasts a year or so, and other times only 6 months. I've had to use catheters for up to 4 months after, other times not at all. I always end up with infections though but that is normal for me anyways. All I do know is that no matter what, it's always worth it!!! I will ALWAYS pick any single side effect that happens to me over peeing uncontrollably all over myself! These injections have changed my life and I an truly grateful "

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 6, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Many more trips ro bathroom with very little output. Gained 6 pound this week. Lots of urges with little or no pee. ???"

Papa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Best treatment I've had. I thought my active life was over. After several years of misery, missing out, avoiding people and feeling unclean, I have got my life back."

Lady Vics (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Three hours in hospital for injection, $2,650.00,doctor bill $249.00. Results: I used to get up 4 1/4 times a night, now it's 5 or 6, one night 9. The urge to pee is so strong that it leaks before I reach a urinal and I can't hold it back. Usually the urge to pee is so strong, I hurry to the toilet and nothing comes except pain in my penis. Many times when I do pee it burns. I just can't wait for the Botox to wear out. ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I have had migraines for 25 years. With treatment, I still average 10 per month. I'm in year 2 of Botox injections. First injection knocked me down with severe flu like symptoms, vomiting and severe pain at every injection site. Horrible. Each round of injections brings different symptoms which makes me believe the Botox itself is inconsistent. Last 2 rounds, I now have non healing deep lesions between my eyes , continued areas of peeling that feel like Burns and a lot of painful facial neuralgias. My lips, and chin are often numb. Also having peripheral neuropathy which my doctor cannot determine a cause. My treatments are on hold until I see a dermatologist and my neurologist."

Abbycat1 January 26, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "I could write a book on my experience with migraines and treatments I’ve tried (literally everything no exaggeration). I’ve had migraines for 27 years, topping out about 4 years ago with 4-7 migraines a week - disabling pain. Two years ago I started Botox injections and it literally saved me. I’m now down to about 3-5 a month (so from 20/month to 1/week on average). I very rarely need to be out of work or miss events now. I know some have had bad side effects, but personally mine are mild and in comparison to the relief, totally worth it. I 100% agree you need a skilled Neuro who does these injections all the time. For me, because of Botox, I am finally feeling well and active in my life."

Nickname is already in use (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2017

For Migraine Prevention "I've had three rounds of botox now for my migraines (around the scalp, forehead and neck). The first 2 left me with little to no side effects. The 3rd time has been horrible, I will NEVER do it again. I feel very confident in my neurologist, I don't believe she performed the injections differently - but upon leaving the appointment I immediately broke down sobbing in my car because of the pain. I am now 17 days in and I have had a headache every single day all day long. My eyes physically hurt to be open, and I am even more sensitive to light and sound than I ever have been with my common migraine. I've been given a prednisone burst and it still hasn't helped. I'm worried that the next 4 months of my life are ruined."

Madeline868 December 21, 2017