User Reviews for Botox

Hyperhidrosis 2 reviews 10 medications

Chronic Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Botox reviews 123 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Botox

For Overactive Bladder "I had Botox for overactive bladder six weeks ago and it's been nothing more than a nightmare for me. My main issues were frequency and bladder spasms and the Botox has only worsened these issues. I initially experienced a great deal of bleeding with large clots for 12 hours which I was unaware could occur - only slight spotting had been mentioned. Within a week I could no longer urinate and a Foley catheter was inserted. Six weeks on, my bladder remains seized and despite a number of attempts to remove the catheter, my bladder hasn't improved. I have had two uti's and been admitted to the emergency dept for severe bladder trauma, urine retention and uti. I have suffered extreme anxiety as a result of all of this. It's not for everyone!"

Kich Moochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Migraine "It seems like every time, I go to get my injections now, after all the injections(usually 40-45). That evening, I start with the worst headache ever and keep it for ( this time - Injections were on Friday 7/15 and today is 7/20). I'll probably have to go get a shot of Depakote to kill it on 7/21.I take topomax 200 mg. A day as a preventive, but I don't know. My doctor doesn't want to give me migraine meds., due to the fact I'm on so many medications already. Hrs worried about stroke or heart attack, because of my Bp and chronic pain meds., and leaky heart valves. I'm just sick of headaches all the Damn time."

neckmech (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "This is the only treatment that has cured my migraines and I've tried everything from oral medications to trigger point injections,cervical injections and anything else in between to relieve constant life changing migraines.The headaches dimished by the next day and until the Botox wears off ,about 12 weeks or so I don't have any,which is a miracle.I only wish I was given this sooner. It also only cost 80.00 out of pocket every three months. Another nice bonus or perk is any wrinkles you may have on your forehead ,in between your eyes, etc. are gone as well. This isn't a permanent medication either,with minimal side effects,better than most of the pills out there.If it doesn't work it can just be stopped and not injected again."

SamanthaSunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I'm on my 3rd dose of Botox. I have bladder incontinence. My bladder was in a constant spasm. It was hard to leave the house After trying pills after trying Depends after having a few accidents I agreed to the Botox injections. I found the procedure uncomfortable but maybe for 5 minutes. It took most of the first year to get used to using a cath as a norm. You can get reusuable ones or pre-lubricated once. I now use the later but they are more expensive. The first round lasted 1 year the second round lasted 6 months and now I'm on my third round. The first and third round more Botox was used. I love it. No more leaks, accidents. I can sleep all night. Take long walks, long car rides."

LovingBotox (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I'm am shocked to hear how disappointed everyone is with Botox and I'm sad too. I completely understand the frustration, embarrassment and all round annoyance of peeing yourself. I started having Botox when I was 33 (I have MS). I had to start catheterising after my 2nd lot of Botox. This was the end of the world to me, 33 and having to use a catheter. Now, I think Botox is a huge benefit to my life and using a catheter is the norm. Obviously, everyone has different experiences but I love it x"

Clairekins July 9, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "Each time I have had injections, the spasms stop within a couple of days, but then I have severe weakness in my neck and weird gait disturbances and muscle weakness in my lower extremities for up to 3 months. Just about the time I decide I won't get injections again, I have had pretty bad neck spasms and upper back pain, making me reconsider getting more treatments. It's a vicious cycle....."

whitehouse1 July 8, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "The side effects are horrible and I still have my migraines. Dont do it."

JenZ21 July 8, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Reading the testimonies here, I'm one of the luckier ones. I did not have to have a catheter, but I had to strain to void like I have never strained before. I was worried that I was going to do damage to the bladder muscle. I had constant feeling of needing to urinate. Rarely felt like bladder was empty. On top of this, my hands and feet would swell every day, when I have no problems with water retention. Doctor said I shouldn't ever have Botox again as it's likely an anaphylactic reaction. I had the procedure two weeks ago and am still miserable. Still not as long as others have gone through, but I was much happier to take the medication. Naturalist recommended a dot of estrogen cream on the urethra will draw it up to stop leaks."

RockyRoll July 8, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Never ever try Botox again! The first 3 wks I couldn't hold my head up., my arms were weak., vision blurry, sore throat, droopy right eye. Very depressing to totally be incompasitated! It was a big deal to get thru a shower and dress myself! Never again! Now at three weeks out, I'm light headed, still having hard time keeping my head up. Have started back to headaches for past week. They seem different in the sense I haven't had a visual aura., but the top of my head feels likes it going to pop off. The pain in my temple is the same. I've wasted an entire month! Been house bound!"

Jewels60 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "One week after Botox treatment, I was and still am miserable. I have had utis and urinary retention. Following a trip to the ER, I was fitted with a catheter, which was pretty uncomfortable. Next came self catherization, which has been nearly impossible, due to my bulging bladder. I would rather wear depends than go through this ongoing nightmare. I resent the fact that my doctor only mentioned retention casually and did not explain the consequences."

Galway girl July 3, 2016

For Overactive Bladder " I had my injections last Wed. I had to go to the ER last night for Major Acute Water Retention (can't pee). I have to wear a cathater with the bag. I'm pretty sure I will have to self catherize until the Botox wears off. I wish I never did it, it paraylayzed my bladder. I will never have it done again. On the other hand I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from OAB I'm 36. Very disappointed why this had to happen to me, quality of life is worse with the Botox at this point I'd rather wear depends. Please do not to this procedure. PLEASE the possible side effects are not worth it at all."

Arose4503 June 21, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I was diagnosed with migraines at 19, and there has been a steady increase in frequency and severity as I aged. At 49 they became intractable and I ended up on disability. Botox became the last option. It's been nothing short of a miracle. My cluster and ice pick ha's stopped, I've had only two throbbing migraines in 4 mos, and my photosensitivity has improved. It took about 10 days for it to kick in the first time. The pokes of the injections are a very small price to pay for the benefit I've seen."

TCBug June 18, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had botox in my bladder because of nerve damage in my back i had to go sometimes every five minutes and could not leave the house. Its four months after first treatment. I still can not urinate at all unless I self cath. Sometimes five times a day sometimes ten when i take water pill for heart condition. Cant get answers if this is normal"

Jayms1953 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "For the first time in 50 years, I have relief from migraines, since using botox. I have a life now. I can make plans. For the first 4-5 days after botox, I hurt from the injections, my neck hurts, but then I feel great for almost 3 months. It's not 100% as I still get migraines but, they come less frequently and last for a shorter time. I would tell people that it worth trying. A little bit of pain for 12 weeks almost pain free. I love it. It has changed my life."

Shear Bear (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "In 2004 I began to have migraines which grew progressively worse over time. After years of daily bouts with migraines that were at a 7 out of 10 on good days (not to mention that I couldnt take triptans because they gave me chest pains) my local VA began offering this new treatment called Botox and I was approved for it. I'm not 'cured' by any means but my life somewhat resembles a life now for a few hours a week. My good days are few but I am grateful for what I can get. I still get horrible migraines but I'll take several migraines per week vs. several per day. It reminds me not to waste my time when I have it; I I try to get stuff done. So I say to anyone, give it a try. It may or may not work for you but you should at least give it go."

Cynotusk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 31, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Have had a mixture of Trigeminal Neuralgia and Cluster Migraines. (Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania) for 14 years. Have tried every single medication available and even had a Caudal Nueroplasty done 1 month ago. Nothing worked. Had severe pains up to 8 times a day all lasting around 40 minutes. Two weeks ago I had Botox injections. I have been pain free for 5 days. There are side effects like very stiff neck and shoulder muscles, slightly tight throat on swallowing, blurred vision from time to time and a slightly puffy right eye. Beyond that the Botox works for me and have no regrets. I can live with the discomfort I have now as I have a life again and do not get the chronic pains all day."

ADS57 May 26, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Had Botox age 68 in July 2015 after 2 days had to return to doctor and have Foley cath put in. Doctor said leave cath in for a week return to office. Went back still retaining so they put in another Foley cath. Could do nothing with the bag strapped to my leg. Went another 10 days. Same thing. Retaining up to 400. Nurse taught me how to self cath. Using 4 caths per day and only going a little on my own. Finally after 6 months at check up only retaining about 20. So now I don't have to cath any more. I was a perfect for the Botox but it did not work on me. So now back on medication and dealing with OAB and accidents. This treatment is not for everybody. The side affects are awful."

jj1177 May 16, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "So my first experience was just on the cosmetic side and it helped with my migraines beautifully! My forehead looked amazing, and my migraines had been reduced. However I still felt the onset of them in my neck and shoulders. So upon talking to my neurologist, he said since I benefitted from the cosmetic one, I should try the actual one for migraines. Its been four days and I'm so sore and like other people have said AVOID getting the neck injections!!! I can hardly hold my head up and I wake with neck and shoulder pain. I'm bruised on my shoulders and it's swollen. Now I'm just in overall pain. The neck weakness is horrible it's weird to think holding your head up is hard."

Sabs01 May 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I had the 31 recommended injections. In the first 24 hours, I developed extreme injection site pain. It felt like electrified acid had been injected into my head and neck. All the injection sites became extremely itchy and my eye balls were itchy. 48 hours later, my neck and shoulders locked into knots. At 72 hours (after the weekend), I returned to my doctor. Doctor said that it was all in my head, even though I couldn't turn my head to look over my shoulder. He prescribed Benadryl and Aleve. Benadryl helped the itchiness, but Aleve did nothing for the neck and shoulder pain. I've tried Motrin, heat, massage and muscle relaxers... nothing has worked. At 10 days out, I can't hold my head up. Doctor is sending me to the ER."

Its-not-worth-it (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I think it depends on if you really suffer with this condition or you just wee alot as to wether you will appreciate it. I'm 30 years old and for the last 5 years I've had to wear adult nappys to bed (which more often than not, leak) this is humiliating. I already suffer with borderline personality disorder, depression, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Stomach ulser and now this! It was making my life hell. I had my first injection last year which did decrease the frequency I had to wee and stopped the leaking bit unfortunately didn't stop having to wear adult nappys at night, BUT this changed my life!! I will be having my 2nd injection on the 9th May, higher dose this time, if you don't appreciate what this does you didn't suffer beforehand."

Sophhee30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been having injections for over 1 year now. The dosage was increased, per my request, in December. This seemed to work well, although it still didn't last any longer. I went in in March for my next dose, which was the same as December, and this time it's just awful. I have constant tremor, I have jerky movements at times, neck pain, yet I can tell that muscles are definitely weaker....if fact even more so than last time. Is this a sign of too much? Or injection error? I am seeing a neurologist, I did have 1 appointment with a movement disorder specialist (3 hours away), does anyone have suggestions? Should I return to the specialist?? Any input is appreciated!"

marcy52 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Went through 2 rounds of botox injections. Terrible side effects: stiff neck with pain. Cold chill down my back. Difficulty swallowing that has worsen with time. It's been 2 1/2 years since I had the injections! I wish I had never tried Botox. Looking for a specialist to help with my swallowing problem. Still have migraines."

hortencia April 17, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I got my second round of Botox yesterday. First one was in 2014. I think that depending on your doctor's experience and acknowledge with this medication is how you will get better. If your doctor put to much medication will not be good for you. Thanks to my doctor I feel better."

Guaguin (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I received my first round of Botox in October. I must admit there was some improvement in frequency and severity of my migraines. What I didn't understand is the many, many drug interactions associated with Botox. Please do your research before trying Botox. I went for my second round in January. I was hesitant because I really wasn't feeling well. But my NP advised a second round. That's when things went way wrong. After about a week, I wasn't able to take any migraine medication because it gave me extreme anxiety. Eventually I had anxiety full time. I admitted myself to a hospital after 3 visits to ER. None of the doctors acknowledged Botox side affects. I was really in the dark. Since then, I have done a lot of research. Dont do it!"

Dredders (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I just had another round of Botox injections three days ago. While I did get a uti from the procedure and it was a bit difficult to void the first two days I am 100% now. I even went to work the following day. I also had this procedure in March of 2015. That one didn't go so well in the beginning but I think it was because I was in a INTERSTITAL CYSTITIS flare. If you have it I feel your pain. After my flare calmed down I noticed the Botox actually worked really well. This time I made sure I was not in a flare before Botox and all is good. This is a last line of treatment for me and at just 31yrs old I'm so glad I have found it. It is not a lifelong fix it will most likely require treatment every three months to a year everyone is different"

Final frontier (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2016