User Reviews for Nurtec ODT

Nurtec ODT has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 101 ratings on Drugs.com. 40% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Migraine
5.3
Migraine Prevention
5.3
Summary of Nurtec ODT reviews 5.3 101 reviews

Reviews for Nurtec ODT

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2020

For Migraine: “Took my first Nurtec dose on day 4 of a stubborn migraine/cluster (I've gotten conflicting diagnoses) plus neck pain. All pain was gone in less than an hour; no side effects. Sadly, almost 24 hours later, the pain is coming back. That's not a shock, since Nurtec isn't expected to prevent these headaches. My first impression is that Nurtec is faster than triptans but maybe not ideal if you get clusters. Unlike the triptans you can't take another one less than 24 hours later. If pain returns sooner than 24 hours later then maybe stick with triptans. (I'm also taking Aimovig 140 so I shouldn't be getting any of these dagnabbed headaches at all.) And I agree that the packaging is insanely wasteful and also rather difficult. When I'm in that much pain it's hard for me to jump through a lot of hoops.”

Ms. Mistoffelees · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

For Migraine: “Within 20 minutes of taking Nurtec ODT I had the nausea, which I had read about. I took some zofran but it didn’t even touch it. Then I had diarrhea and horrible stomach pain as well as really intense reflux. It felt like I was swallowing fire 17 hours and counting now. The worst part of this is my migraine isn’t even all the way gone! It is definitely diminished but not gone. I have never written a review on here but this has been such an awful reaction I knew I had to. I will never take this again. Everyone is different but for me, this has been a really terrible experience.”

JPin · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2021

For Migraine: “I’ve had migraines for 15 years now. I get terrible menstrual migraines and occasional migraines from weather and stress. My migraines begin at the base of my skull and then the sharp pain wraps around to my eyes and forehead as the migraine progresses. Minimum of 4 per month. Nurtec is the only thing that has ever worked, it feels like a miracle, it takes about an hour to work. About 50% of the time I have a lingering mild headache. I will then take 2 ibuprofens and then become headache free. I have noticed increased bowel movements sometimes, but no nausea. I feel Nurtec has changed my life! I am starting to take it preventatively every other day this month instead of just when a migraine begins.”

Very disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2021

For Migraine: “I have had migraines for 30 years and hemiplegic migraines for @ 10 years. I’ve taken just about all migraine prevention meds and usually use imitrex injection to get rid of migraines but because I recently started having breathing and heart racing with imitrex I tried nurtec again. First, second , third time intense nausea and vomiting now 4th time migraine pain spread to both eyes and is getting worse. I’ve been on Aimovig, Emgality and now Ajovy with no results. Botox caused migration syndrome and ended up with a paralyzed neck. I am sadly disappointed in all CRGP meds including umbrelvy.”

Kelly · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

For Migraine: “Warning- Nutrec Contains sucralose, a sugar substitute than can trigger migraines. I saw this after I tried it. The medication did nothing for me, no side effects other than a continued migraine made worse by sucralose”

DrB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 10, 2020

For Migraine: “This is the only drug that's actually worked for my chronic migraines. I also use neurobotox as a preventative, but it hasn't been preventing much lately. I get occipital migraines that last 3 days constantly. They come with nausea and hypersensitivity to light and computer screens, which is debilitating since I work in an office setting. I started nurtec in February and it's saving my life right now. One pill lasts 2 days, and it destroys the migraine and the nausea. It always takes 40-45 minutes to kick in. My migraines tend to come on in the night, so as soon as I wake up with one, I take a nurtec and wake feeling better. These are keeping me functional since my migraines have been so much worse this year.”

mdb1968 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2020

For Migraine: “This is the 1st negative review of a medicine. For me, this Nurtec ODT medicine never touched my migraine. Actually, my,lips and tongue felt as if they had been sprinkled with,cayenne pepper, but never swelled. Then, the metallic taste came on. Everything I tried to eat tasted horrible. After that, the stomach cramps and pooping began. Beware of this medicine. Maybe it will work for you, but I had a bad experience and will not use again.”

CJ-LA · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2020

For Migraine: “I had a bad experience with Nurtec. After one dose Nurtec caused severe nausea which started about 15 minutes after the pill dissolved. The nausea was the worst I have ever experienced and it lasted for about 18 hours. The nausea was so severe I was unable to function for the entire time. The nausea lead to vomiting with lasted 2 hours but it didn't relieve the nausea. Zofran also did not relieve the nausea, and then my doctor called in Reglan, which seemed to help. Nausea is a known side effect of Nurtec but certainly I do not think anyone would expect this kind of toxic reaction. Be careful with this medication.”

dpieniazek · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2021

For Migraine: “Nurtec is NOT working for me. But, not much else is either. I have also tried Ubrevely and I just started with Emagilty injection. Only twice so far. No help yet. I have had these headaches everyday lately, well for the last several.months. I do have an MRI scheduled to make sure it's not something else. Nurtec worked for me twice in 3 months.”

JD · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2020

For Migraine: “I have taken around ten Nurtec tablets now over the course of two months. Each time I take it early stages of a migraine. It takes about an hour to be effective enough that I can tell I still have a migraine slightly but there isn't pain. I haven't noticed any side effects which is pretty strange for me. I have tried so many medications for my migraines and I always have strong negative reactions to the drugs. I am very pleased to have found something helpful!”

Anne · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

For Migraine: “I called to get the prescription day one of a migraine, so by the time I got to take it, it was morning 2. It says to take it at the onset so I was uncertain of the effectiveness of taking it mid, fully established migraine. I was pleased to have the headache gone quickly with no side effects (I was tired and took a nap, but that might just have been 'Saturday Syndrome'). It's Sunday now, my weather trigger is still present, but I'm feeling pretty good - perhaps a little stiff at the base of my skull, but nothing I can't easily ignore. Happy with the medication. Thrilled with the $0 copay offer. Very concerned about being able to afford once that offer expires.”

Test1234 · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2020

For Migraine: “This medication does help my migraine headaches I get. It will help them for a few hours. However, this medication gives me the worst abdominal pain ever. It’s a very sharp stabbing pain that only occurs when I take it. It also makes me very tired.”

bday · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2021

For Migraine: “My doctor gave me samples of Nurtec ODT to try for my next migraine. Sunday (May 9, 2021) I woke with a migraine and tried one. The taste was pleasant, like soft peppermint. Unfortunately the medication did not help at all. My headache persisted at a milder degree, but was still a migraine. It did made me VERY sleepy and inebriated - slurred words, goofy comments, etc. After 4.5 hours with no relief, I called my pharmacist to see if there were any interactions with taking my old medication to knock the migraine out. He said it was ok, since they are completely different classifications of medicine. My old meds knocked the migraine out within 1.5 hours. The grogginess and inebriation stayed with me for 36+ hours! It wasn't my old medication, because it doesn't do that. Nurtec ODT did not work for me. I give a 1 out of 10, because it tasted nice.”

A0112 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2021

For Migraine: “Every time I took nurtec the strong mint taste made me nauseated. It took 4-6 hours to work and made me feel super sleepy. My migraines treated with nurtec frequently came back later that day and I had to wait 24 hours after 1st dose to take another. My neurologist switched me to 100mg Ubrelvy and find it works much better and faster”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2021

For Migraine: “Took it twice and it does work. Takes about 2 hours for full effect. Doesn't completely eliminate the migraine. I can feel it trying to creep back up at times. Doesn't work up to full 48 hours as commercial says but it doesn't make me tired and feeling drugged so I can take it and carry on with my day. I haven't noticed any side effects at all which is a first for a migraine medication. Having said that I'm not entirely comfortable taking this drug as it's very new and it just seems too good to be true that there are no side effects.”

arbie88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2020

For Migraine: “I have used this 3 times. The first two times it worked really well for menstrual related headaches. No rebound, no side effects. The third time, I got dehydrated and it turned into a migraine I think I took it too late because I thought rehydrating would make the headache go away. It worked, but took much longer. It took the edge off after 30 minutes, but the headache did not go away completely for about 6 hours. I am using samples given by my doctor. The packaging is really ridiculous. Way over the top and too much waste and frustration trying to get to 2 little pills. Please be more eco-conscious. You should be ashamed of this.”

Cate October 27, 2020

For Migraine: “This works great for me! I am unable to tolerate triptans and topomax so they did not work for me. Aimovig injections helped but after a year I started getting more migraines again. So then I tried nurtec and it helps stop my migraines. In the past my migraines would last 2-3 days but with this new medication they are gone the same day!”

Pocahantas · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2020

For Migraine: “Nurtec ODT medicine gave me a worse headache by 100x than what I had already. It made things far worse and amplified my problem to the 15th power. Stay away from this medicine unless you want problems! ZERO STARS”

dirtyicecubes · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2021

For Migraine: “This is supposedly an oral dissolving tablet but the pharmacist said to take it with a glass of water and swallow it. Thank God I did because NO ONE TOLD me it was PEPPERMINT. I am allergic to peppermint and it burned like fire, made me nauseated to the point of wanting to throw up. Luckily I had some jello and ate that quickly and put out the fire. The migraine got worse. It did not work for me. I will NEVER take this again.”

saltycandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2021

For Migraine: “First of all, I tried it once and NEVER again. I am allergic to peppermint and nobody told me it was peppermint flavored. This causes automatic vomiting and nausea! I ate some jello just to try to keep it down. It did not work, made me severely dizzy and nauseated, woozy and I really thought I was going to just faint. It was horrible. NEVER again”

Migraines suck · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2020

For Migraine: “This medication was terrible. I am on Aimovig and still have to take triptans so was hoping Nurtec could replace the triptans. It made the migraine worse and I was increasingly drugged up and with more pain. Really disappointed it had such a horrific effect. I hope some day they come up with something better than triptans”

lynlyn · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2020

For Migraine: “I have been using Nurtec ODT for about 3 months now, I would say it is about a 60/40 split whether it helps or not.. sometimes within a few minutes I start feeling relief, sometimes hours, sometimes not at all. I get it at no cost with the copay assist card and I feel no side effects which is rare for me I'm very sensitive to everything. So it is worth the try each time.. nothing else I have tried even slightly helps , migraine sufferer all my life so I hopeful it continues to help more than not”

Butterflymom · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

For Migraine: “I currently take 3 other medications plus 2 triptans that I can alternate between as the "onset" dose to try and relieve my migraine symptoms. Yesterday I received my prescription of nurtec and took my first dose of it right away since I had taken a triptan the night before and it hadn't helped yet. I didn't have much relief at all with that dose. It may be because it wasn't technically taken at the onset of that migraine. I'm not sure. I ended up sleeping most of the day today.( Its now 630 pm and I've been "awake" for a little over an hour) I had no migraine upon waking up but shortly after I did notice I was beginning to have a migraine. I did take another dose of nurtec. And I can say, I'm feeling no symptoms in less than an hour after taking it. Fingers crossed that this med will be the one to work. With having 2 different experiences, I'll make sure to come back and update my review or leave another after I've finished this first pack”

Aurora December 14, 2020

For Migraine: “It’s didn’t work for me at all. I took a sample from my neurologist. I got a sample with 2 doses I took 1 pill one day and the next day the other other one. I get severe migraines. I get Botox injections once every 3 months take topomax, depekote and tizanidine as needed. Nurtec is easy to take but it didn’t do anything for me. Also this medication is extremely expensive”

KelBel · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2020

For Migraine: “Not a long time Migraine sufferer but have had headaches my entire life (I am 33). This year has been horrible for migraines. I originally tried sumatriptan but doctor said Nurtec has less side effects. So far it has taken the migraine away in about 30 minutes - 60 minutes. However, about 2-3 hours in, I get caught with a giant bout of fatigue. The kind where you can't keep your eyes open. Fatigue seems to be a common side effect for me but some medicines less than others. Good luck.”