User Reviews for Tazarotene topical

7.4

Summary of Tazarotene reviews 7.7 30 reviews

Reviews for Tazarotene

Leesh · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "This did not work for me. I used it religiously for 8 weeks and it only made my acne worse. I woke up every morning with New white heads, it gave me larger more painful pimples than I had before starting this cream."

SensitiveSally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2019

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: "I have not found an acne product that works and keeps me clear, until Fabior. I used Retin A micro for years and was constantly breaking out then peeling, breaking out then peeling. And it burned when I applied it. I have been using Fabior for the past year and finally found something that works. I got dry after using it for two weeks but not crazy peeling. It only lasted a weekend and wasn’t noticeable to anyone but me. I only use Fabior Monday Wed Friday and I use cerave moisturizer with it which I think helps. If I am breaking out (which is rare now) I may use two days in row but don’t need to often. It’s been life changing for my skin and has helped even out my skin and the leftover color that lingers from breakouts . I refilled for the first time a few months ago, so it lasted me a couple months but maybe because I only use a few times a week. ONLY USE A SMALL AMOUNT~seriously! Don’t irritate your skin with too much and plus it last longer that way!!"

Brittany · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 7, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "Tazorac completely changed my life when it came to my acne issues. I didn't get acne until my early 20's and by the time I went to the dermatologist, it was completely out of control. I felt so hopeless like nothing could be done to combat my skin issues. I was started on Benzaclin and Tazorac and the combination completely improved my skin. Best of all the Tazorac helps prevent scars and dark marks. Now I just turned 30 and the Tazorac is even helping with fine lines. Thank you TAZORAC <3."

Mj · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "Love this stuff Tazorac, I tried it a year ago and it dried out my skin so I quit taking it. I went to a different dermatologist who has me try it again but this time tells me to USE LOTION with the Tazorac and this time it’s working well and my acne is gone and my skin is even."

Renee February 19, 2019

For Acne: "I have struggled with acne including Cystic acne since puberty. I am now 50, I still have moderate acne. Deeply embedded around my mouth/chin, blackheads, scars from the cystic acne and always have several pimples. I have used EVERYTHING over the years, prescription and otc treatments. I have spent thousands of dollars for treatments. NOTHING worked until Now! I have been using Fabior for 2 weeks, but already see a difference. No more blackheads at all. My scars and fine lines are faded. I still get pimples, but that's part of the process, pulling them out. They dry up quickly though, into 1 to 2 days. I started out using it every night. It burned, peeling and itching was out of control. I changed my face wash, gentle is the way to go. I also use a moisturizing lotion and have changed to every other day. The peeling and itching are less and my skin less red. Remember to use sunscreen every day and a hat when possible to protect yourself, you are very sensitive to the sun."

Sammybanana23 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "The absolute best thing I have ever done for my skin. I started tazorac about a year ago and my skin has never looked better ever. I’m mid 20s women who never had acne until about 23. I started using this and it completely cleared my moderate/ mild acne. Not only is my acne gone, my skin tone is even. I’ve always had trouble with my skin tone being off, but this literally made my face all one tone and look porcelain clear. Also a huge plus is that this medication is usually prescribed for people with wrinkles to help diminish them and prevent them. Definitely would recommend using at a young age to prevent wrinkles, even skin tone, open pores and clear acne."

healed123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "HOLY COW! OK I’ve tried everything and my doctor randomly prescribed this nightly and I honestly didn’t think it would work. For some reason this did the trick and every since I started nightly it’s been getting progressively better and my skin is clearer than it’s ever been in my life. I love it, I got some dryness but less is more with the gel. I didn’t have any “purging” either. If you’re using this keep at it!! You will see results"

Joo December 11, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "Tazorac made my acne worse. Once I stopped using it my acne got better. It was in use with another topical cream. It’s very expensive."

George · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "This might work for some people, but I did not have a good experience with this topical. I was told to mix a pea-sized amount with a heavy moisturizer and spread it all over my skin. Initially, this was ok, but then my body broke out into a small bumpy irritated-looking rash almost a week in. I immediately went to the doctor who told me that I had a mild case of eczema due to how aggressive this cream is and how sensitive my skin is. She recommended discontinuing it until my skin improved and then only using this once a week until my skin "acclimated." Well, kids, the rash went away, but my skin never adjusted to even weekly use. This would make my skin dry, red, stretched and irritated. Consequently, my acne did not improve at all. In fact, I think it may have exacerbated the problem."

Blessed · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "Using this product was the best thing I could have ever done for my skin when my doctor prescribe this for me. I didn't have any side effects as long as I used it as the doctor prescribed the only thing was that when I went to get my prescriptions refilled it cost almost $400 and I could not afford it. If I could afford this cream I would use it forever my skin was so beautiful and smooth the color was awesome. The only reason I stopped using this product is because I couldn't afford it any longer. I went back to the doctor and she had to give me a lower version of this cream this time it's not worth my time but to anybody needing to use this product please use it ,it's a good product. Take my advice!!!! You only need to use a small amount at night and it worked great. The cream lasted for at least 6 months"

Hope · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2018

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: "I used Fabior foam after years of using Tazorac Cream for cystic acne & scarring. I noticed after using this product for 3 months that my scars looks worse. The scars look deeper and my skin is constantly dry. The foam was just as effective as the cream with controlling my cystic acne I’m going back to using the cream. Just wanted to share my experience in case someone else may be experiencing the same thing. I won’t refill the prescription and wish I’d never switched from the Tazorac cream."

Nikki June 11, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "HAVE BEEN ON FOR 9 WEEKS!!!!! So amazed by my results I am shocked and I hardly breakout now. Before I used to get bad breakouts and now I just get a few tiny ones and this is helping with my scarring also. 10/10 would recommend this product to anyone with acne."

Larry · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Psoriasis: "Applied to my plaque psoriasis daily . At first my skin got super irritated raw and started to crack open . After this initial bad reaction it started to heal and progressively clear . The amazing part is that the plaque psoriasis did not immediately return at that location like it does when you discontinue the use of other topicals . To me the pain is worth the gain. It is by no means a pleasant treatment but it's effective."

Danielle755 September 26, 2017

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "This medication actually works!! After trying too many topicals to count, tazorac is definitely the best. For those starting tazorac reading this review right now, I know how much it sucks in the beginning. The initial breakout can be so horrible- trust me, I've been there. I've cried and not wanted to go out in public but in the long run- I promise it's worth it. Give it about 3 months to officially work and you'll be grateful."

casie 23 August 7, 2017

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "I've tried a lot of different acne medications and some have worked for a while and then quit working, tazorac is no different. When I first started using tazorac my face was the clearest it's ever been. Then about 3 months later my acne came back worse. Tazorac is the best treatment I've used so far, but in the end it did not work out for me. :("

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2017

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "I started Tazorac on February 17, 2017. I had bad acne on my cheeks, and tiny bumps on my forehead. 4 weeks into Tazorac yes it did get worse. I didn't want to go to school or even go out with friends and family ! So, I went back to my dermo and he told me to keep my head up and that Tazorac was purging my skin and bringing everything to the surface. Slowly but surely, MY FACE LOOKS AMAZING !! It's May 13, 2017 and I barely have anything on my face and it's as smooth as a baby's bottom. If you're going through the purging stage I know what you are going through but I promise to stick with it and just know that the Tazorac is getting all the gunk out of your skin !! stay positive, drink water, use tazorac !!"

juht773321 April 23, 2017

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "if i could rate this a 0 I would. I have struggled with acne for 5-6 years now. At the end of October I FINALLY went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Tazorac along with Acticlate. However, Tazorac DOES NOTHING. It is a topical treatment meant to be used at night, it is supposed to help clear acne and scarring. I would use it every night after washing my face. It didn't work...AT ALL. I still get acne and I have been using this stuff for 6 months. I highly DO NOT recommend."

Anonymous 2017 January 21, 2017

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "Most amazing medication ever for acne- it feels like it's renewing skin while you sleep and helps to clear up skin immediately-- highly recommend!"

sixdogs4me November 2, 2016

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "I am 65, becauses of thyroid supplements, I started getting very oily with lots of blackheads on my nose, lips, & chin & a few small pimples. Went to my Derm after an 18 year lapse; she prescribed Tazorac; I really wanted accutane which I had taken in my 40's, really good stuff, but she insisted that I try Tazorac at .1%; I love it. It set my face on fire for about 2 weeks, I used Epionce medical barrier cream to cool it. & help with the sting. My face was very red too. After 2 weeks, the burn lessen and now I can put it on several days in a row without the cream. Been using for 2 mos & my skin is looking fantastic & brighter, I have a few acne scars and they are looking much smaller too. I am getting complements from family members."

Olpimple · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 16, 2016

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Psoriasis: "I apply it all over my face after washing and patting dry. I keep it on overnight, don't wash it off, and keep it on until the next night I shower. I do this three days in a row, and then I do this routine every other day for about 2 months. This clears up my dermatitis for 2-3 months, at which point, I start my routine all over. Winter months are a battle with the irritation, peeling, and redness, but that's when I have to be most aggressive with treatment. When my skin gets to the point where its super itchy, raw and red, I use benedryl lotion and it works like a charm. I love this product. My skin looks fantastic. Not only is it really great at clearing up my skin, it's also great at diminishing fine lines."

AnSF99 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 2, 2016

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "I was using the 0.10% strength which helped greatly with clogged pores, blackheads, small pustules. However, I also had cystic hormonal acne, which the cream wasn't effective enough for. I took this in conjunction with spironolactone, but eventually had to take accutane. Downside of this drug: sun-sensitivity, skin peeling, redness For the record, it takes weeks to see results, and your acne gets WORSE before it gets better."

Nurse77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2016

Tazorac (tazarotene) for : "Started this 11 weeks ago. I am so so sad right now. I have been having horrible hair loss the past couple weeks and couldn't figure out why. Just figured out it is the Tazorac! Read up on the side effect of hair loss. It's really bad. My hair was so healthy and nice. I literally have almost bald areas with sparse hairs over my ears and my front hairline. It feels thin everywhere but I can't see it. Stay away from Tazorac."

Realitygenerics · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2016

For Facial Wrinkles: "I love tazorac. I use it for skin rejuvenation not acne but it's cleared blackheads, evened skin tone, Greatly closed pores. I've used tretinoin and that was much harsher on my skin. This has been mildly effective. Meaning no bad side effects. I use 0.05%. One thing, I have combo skin which being in my late 30s, the oil and acne decreased. My acne scars were around mouth from my younger years. Something I'd like to point out is, I notice in some areas on my face it doesn't decrease pores size, particular each side of cheeks near nose. However comparing this to tretinoin this wins by far for me! Now my mother whom has non complicated skin responds excellent to tretinoin so it depends. Cost is outrageous!!! Find coupon."

Stazzle · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2016

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: "I have been using it now for about a month. I have had acne since I was 11 and I'm now 50. Nothing has ever worked, ever! My dermotologist asked me to try first every other day and now I'm using it every day...about the side of a pea and I mix it with my Neutrogena face lotion with SPF sunscreen. I place it on my face and declote'. It has removed so many sun spots! My face looks 5 years younger...and my acne is healing much faster. It use to take a blemish, sometimes months to heal! Now I can see my skin is recuperating faster from blemishes. Even my best friend keeps saying, "you look so good today, what are you doing?" Ha, I finally told her and she has an appt with my dermatologist now. I am still using samples, don't know $$"

ms_sylviaj instagram January 15, 2016

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: "This product is a miracle for me! I have had acne since I was 13. I have tried everything no thing worked. My story is I stumbled upon on fabior by participating in a clinical trial. I didn't care about the money I just wanted to try anything to help my acne. The first month of using fabior it made my acne worse! It made me look like I got hit with the ugly stick. I had pimples everywhere and I was peeling a lot. I cried and my boyfriend convinced me to keep using it. He said that's your problem you always give up on a product if you don't see immediate results. I thank goodness I listened to him because the following week. My skin started to look beautiful. I never get pimples anymore and all my dark spots I use to cover with makeup are gone."