User Reviews for Tretinoin

Also known as: Altinac, Atralin, Avita, Obagi, Refissa, Renova, Retin A Micro, Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova, Retisol-A, Stieva-A, Stieva-A Forte, Tretin-X, Vitinoin

Learn more about Tretinoin.

Photoaging of the Skin 19 reviews 10 medications

8.8
Acne 242 reviews 523 medications

7.9
Summary of Tretinoin reviews 261 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Tretinoin

For Acne: "HAVE PATIENCE!! I am not one to write reviews but I feel like I needed to as reading these are the only thing that encouraged me to stay on this cream. I am 28 and one day out of the blue, developed cystic acne around my chin and jaw line. The dermatologist suggested it was due to hormones and stress. She prescribed me trentenoin 0.025%. I started using it every night, but the dryness and peeling became too much, so I switched to every other night. The first 2 months were absolute hell. My face broke out more than ever in places it never did before. Every morning I woke up, I would have 1-2 new cysts. I am on week 10 and am finally starting to see an improvement. It gets better, just stay patient!!"

Sarahann13 August 22, 2016

For Acne: "Okay,it's only the 2nd day that I've used this acne cream, but I am telling you it is the best!! Since using it twice, my acne and blemishes are already disappearing and I'm seeing results! After reading several reviews before initially using the medicine, I knew that this was a very drying cream so I have been using my regular moisturizers and I've added a great product to give my face just a little extra moisture: Rosehip Oil w/ Vitamin E.I wash my face gently with a foaming cleanser and then use my face serum.Then I will add one or two drops of the Rosehip oil to my moisturizer and apply it.I have not had any dry spots or peeling so far and hopefully continuing this routine will prevent any in the future. Extremely happy with this stuff!"

Megzzo August 18, 2016

For Acne: "I developed cystic acne, I'm guessing as a result of hormones, stress, and genetics. My doctor and I changed what we were using during the second visit, since we were doing some trial and error (figuring out what works). Since my skin is not sensitive, we went from a combination of doxycycline, tretinoin, and clyndimicine (idk how to spell it) to a combination of tretinoin of higher strength, erythromycin/BP gel, and minocycline. My skin has cleared up in a matter of 2 months with the occasional pimples and some acne scarring. As far as the tretinoin goes, my derm said that it was supposed to clear up my whiteheads and blackheads, but it has only made my pores seemingly smaller, not cleared them up."

Sabrina L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

For Acne: "I HIGHLY recommend this medication. I am 15 and have had mild to severe acne since I was around 12. I have been using this for 2 years off and on. About 4 months ago I started using it religiously and saw a dramatic difference. The only problem is it makes your skin dry and or flaky during the first period using the medication, which is why I gave it 9 stars. But nothing compares to the result. I only get very small pimples and I also has decreased my acne scars dramatically with use. Overall if you are having problems with acne (especially with confidence issues resulting in acne) then I HIGHLY recommended this medication! I use .05."

zoemargoswerd August 15, 2016

For Acne: "Used this religiously every night for a week. My acne is mostly concentrated on my cheeks and a bit on my forehead, so anyway my forehead completely cleared and there's definitely an improvement on my cheeks! So glad. I wish I knew before hand. Tried so many things I shouldn't have."

Mich. (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using Retin-A for about a week now. If you have oily skin or experience breakouts every morning like me, I would definitely recommend this. I use the .01% dosage recommended by my doctor. They told me I may experience peeling of the skin. My skin has peeled in some spots, but it's not very noticeable. I removed the peeled skin by using baking soda and water(great exfoliant!) Skin varies by person. I've given up on every acne regimen and decided to see my doctor. I swear by this stuff. All my acne scars are fading and my skin has become significantly smoother."

CarlyP August 9, 2016

For Acne: "I had really bad acne and I would get made fun of but when my doctor gave me tretinoin gel 0.025 my face to this day is so much better my confidence is better I like looking at my self in the mirror I feel better this is such an amazing medicating!"

New me ! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I have posted early before about my 1st & 2nd week using Retin A 0.025 cream. My 3rd week was much better than my second week, some of my acne stared to calm down and my face felt less bumpy. During this week I started to use the cream 4 times a week because my cheeks were hurting. My 4th week was the most improvement. I started to use the cream every night again since my face had stop hurting. During the 4th week most of my pimples disappeared and my skin felt smoother, I still had some pimples popping up but not as much. Now my cheeks are pretty smooth with a couple pimples but my cheeks are really red from the scars that were left behind from the pimples. I'm hoping they will slowly fade later. Will keep updating!"

An.nym.us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

For Acne: "4weeks of using tretin0.025%:( it has been hell of a journey.. I have had severe break outs ,peeling and dryness .In the 3rd week I got dark pigmentation all around my lips n a further above the lips area.Completely disfigured my face:'( probably feels like I permanently spoilt my face. So confused as to continue or discontinue as I haven't seen any results and it has js worsened everything#depressed"

Shivani.khadabadi July 31, 2016

For Acne: "A miracle-worker. Even on my laziest nights I make sure to put this on. After almost 9 months of using, my skin is glowing, radiant, and smooth. My pores have never felt cleaner, and I only get breakouts very rarely. It's also incredibly reduced the appearance of my scars, which i though were incurable."

cardsfan411 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2016

For Acne: "I have been using the 0.01% cream for about two months now. I will say it cleared my acne up a lot! It does not help with closing pores though, my pores are still extremely visible. Also, I have a huge neck rash from this medicine that won't seem to go away."

NunyaBigghg July 21, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "(Female/moderate acne) I have suffered from acne since I was 12. This summer has been the worst for my face. I have acne all over my forehead and my cheeks. In the beginning of the summer I had small tiny bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks, that later became bigger. I've used many, many products on my face that worked quite a bit to not working at all. Then in the beginning to July I started using Retin-A 0.025 cream. The first week showed great results on my forehead my forehead is now clear, but my cheeks became worse. This second week that I am currently in is what I guess is the purge, my cheeks are entirely red and covered in acne. I don't want to go outside and my cheeks really hurt. Will keep updating, Not losing hope."

An0nym0us July 21, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Retin a cream is tropical treatment for acne and scars, i use retin a cream 0.05% srom last 3 months that cream suits on my face and now face is glowing"

mydrugpill (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Got on retinol because of acne scars. I was hesitant in the beginning because everyone complains about how it makes acne worse before it gets better. My advice to you is start out slowly and allow your skin to adjust. I started off with using it once a week..and gradually moved on to 3 times and I have not experienced purging.Also my skins pretty smooth and my scars are fading. Another thing...just use vaseline as a moisturizer...why should you bother your skin with extra chemicals? Also be wary of doctors who just hand you the retinol with no proper instructions. I researched extensively before buying the product and to my surprise the doctor couldn't even advise that only a pea-size amount is to be used. Patience pays people :)"

Apple97 July 13, 2016

For Acne: "Okay, firstoff, you aint got patience you keeping that acne ! Like boi, i started breakin out in the beggening of 7th grade then my face started being so greasy and you could easily see my pimples, my doctor recomended the trenitoin cream and so i didnt worry much about my acne at that time so i only applied it like once a week cause i kept forgeting but when i actually applied it each night my face started being so dry and peeling it was embarrasing it lasted for about a week so then , in the middle of 8 grade i still had that same acne so i actually got my lazy butt off everynight to apply it and lets just say it takes about 1-2 months depending on how bad ure acne is to see results, just takes time dont give up"

Acne acne acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For Acne: "I was blessed with good clear skin through puberty until almost hitting 30. Crazy acne breakouts over both jawline with big cystic pimples. Headed to derm and was recommended 0.05%. 2weeks into using it, went through hell-ish period as i was told 'deep hidden pimples' started popping one by one - big and red. Encountered sensitive red skin with minimal peeling. But by 3rd week all starts clearing off. Into my 2nd month now and still using it. Using this cream daily before sleep. Cleansed daily with Vit-A cleanser and topped it off with moisturiser and AHA in both day & night time. Never forget to sunscreen. Key word - patience!"

Norashikin July 8, 2016

For Acne: "I have been using tretinoin for almost 3 weeks now. First week was alright but after that my face broke out quite bad. I had quite a few new pimples on my face. Ughh those two weeks tested my patience but I knew that it has to get worse before getting better so I kept that positive attitude and moved forward. Now I think my face is getting used to the cream and I am not seeing any new pimples anymore. Hopefully, now the "clearing up phase" will start. Fingers crossed."

DhruviP July 4, 2016

For Acne: "I have been using 0.025% tretinoin cream every other night along with 1% clindamycin in the mornings and alternating each night w the tretinion for a little over a week and I already am seeing huge results!!! I've had minor peeling and some itchiness but minor and well worth it"

KKM5456 July 1, 2016

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I never ever had an issue with acne in my life until I started working after college (I correlate it with the crazy stress at work). So, I started using 0.25% Retin A about a year ago. A couple months in, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted; still breaking out, skin flaking. I emailed my doctor and asked for the 0.5% strength... big mistake. I used that for about three months and my skin could not tolerate it AT ALL. Regardless, I wasn't about to give up totally on Retin A! So I went back to using the 0.25% and FINALLY got the results I've expected all along. I always get comments now on how clear and "fresh" my skin looks. Retin A (especially with a clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide cream) was a miracle for my skin. No pimples.. ever!"

2016Darling July 1, 2016

For Acne: "ive been on this tretinoin gel for two months and its has its ups and downs. the first month i saw results my face was clearing but the peeling and burning was not what i expected, the second month my face seemed to go back to how i started, which was not ok. I am still using this gel, hoping the third month will bring better results."

jadaa June 30, 2016

For Acne: "I have been lucky to have very clear skin all of my life. When I turned 50 I started to get minor breakouts on my forehead and around my mouth. I was already seeing a dermatologist for something else, but she sent me home with a script for 1% tretinoin. I had the angry dry skin that looked like my face was peeling off, that lasted a few months, so I started mixing it with my night serum and that made all the difference. 6 months of use I started using my cleanser and that's when I really began to see results. I'm 53, my pores are tight, my rosacea is non existent, and I have had no breakouts in months. My 45 gram tube has lasted the first year and it's not even empty, but I just refilled again at Costco, best price I've found."

Sue-Z-North-West June 26, 2016

For Acne: "I started using Tretinoin cream occasionally a few months ago. My skin started getting really bad so i started using it every night (as told by my doctor) and i saw a big difference (other then my skin peeling every other day). It was clearing up finally and i barely had any breakouts until two months later and now its like my skin has become immune to the cream. I am now experiencing horrible acne all over my chin area and upper forehead. Planning to set up a new appointment with my dermatologist to try another prescription. Do not recommend."

Kennybrownski (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For Acne: "I have been using Tretenoin for almost 3 weeks. My face is getting worse, I really don't know what to do? My derma told me this is only normal. What I need to do now is to calm myself and be patient. God heal me. "

Mr_sabarre June 22, 2016