User Reviews for Tretinoin topical

Also known as: Altinac, Altreno, Atralin, Avita, Obagi, Refissa, Renova, Retin A Micro, Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova, Retisol-A, Stieva-A, Stieva-A Forte, Vitinoin

Photoaging of the Skin
8.2

Acne
7.9

Summary of Tretinoin reviews 7.9 396 reviews

Reviews for Tretinoin

For Acne: "The gel is currently stuck on my skin. It has been for days now. Now my skin is more red due to trying to get the gel off"

an (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I started using Retin-A .0025% about a two-three months ago. I’m 26 years old and have had terrible acne ever since I was a preteen. I was able to get the acne under control by drinking 72+ oz of water a day and switching to a plant based diet. However, this has left me with noticable scarring. Retin-A has helped so much with this. I read the reviews of everyone saying it dries out your skin. This is true. USE A MOISTURIZER! Moisturize day and night. This has helped me so much. I don’t even notice dry skin anymore. Also, stay hydrated. Drink lots of water."

Alexandra (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2018

For Acne: "I was so scared to use this product as I have read some scary reviews. But TRY IT, it has made me so confident and my skin is beyond clear. BUT put cetaphil on 10 minutes before you put the cream on, it helps with dryness. Don’t stop using tretinoin because you experience bad dryness, it makes it worth it."

Jd December 10, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Photoaging of the Skin: "I'm Asian and I stay in a tropical country. This product was widely introduced here when I was in my teens and I was quick to use it since it was highly recommended by the big name dermatologists of that time. I had problematic skin back then and it was recommended by my own dermatologist. I was fourteen then. Now, I'm 41 and I'm often told I look younger. Even if I'm a male professional, that still matters a lot! I could still remember temporarily stopping for less than a year cause I'd have spells of temporary severe dry skin and, once, eczema, but I jump on to it once my skin has stabilized. Of course, good skin maintenance does help and seeking professional help if something does not seem ok is best, but I would say this product works. Start while you're young (best if you can start with some professional help!)."

Male Vanity (taken for 10 years or more) December 9, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I am in awe of how well this product works! I’ve been on it for 1 week and my skin is so clear I don’t believe it’s possible! I’ve struggled with acne since I was 12 (I am now a 21 year old female) and I’ve tried just about everything including accutane but nothing made a big difference. My acne has ranged from moderate to severe. My biggest struggle was the texture- my face was covered in tiny bumps and clogged pores. My derm now put me on .08% Not only are the pimples gone after a week, but my whiteheads & blackheads have disappeared almost like magic. There is dryness and peeling which I’m hoping will go away over time, but I’m fine with it because it’s left me with fresh, new skin. I highly highly recommend this product!"

Csc (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I used to be prescribed epiduo, but my insurance stopped covering it and it became too expensive so they put me on retin-a. All this medication does is dry out my skin, it doesn't even reduce redness or irritation from the acne. I personally have found that witch hazel and basic night serums do more than what I'm prescribed is supposed to do. 0/10 "

J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I personally recommend you guys not to use this Retin A gel for Acne. It makes ur skin worser and worser with big red boils. I was expecting a change in the initial months but when I came to a situation were I was not able to leave out of my house due to the peeling and scars. I was forced to change the doctor. Now I'm not using Retin A gel for past one month and things came to normal."

Aan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

For Acne: "After having acne almost all my life, as a child and now as an adult. My face has always been super red and low self esteem, even with makeup on. At first I discovered lavender oil on pimples will dry them and slowly kill the bacteria. It did work wonders but pimples kept coming back and my face was uneven, red and still not beautiful. I needed more! I then got prescibed tretinion and started using it 2x a week for a few weeks. The first few weeks I was peeling and anything on my face burned, even water. I almost gave up. My face was dry. Eventually my skin face got use to it after a little over a month of light use. Now I use it every night and my face is smooth, no acne and barely any scars. I want to cry. Tears of happiness, of course. Acne is the worse for your confidence. Struggling with acne is no fun. Whatever you do, just don’t stop. Keep going. It will get better and you won’t regret it."

Yas (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Photoaging of the Skin: "I began using Retin A 0.01% approximately 2 months ago. I have dark spots left from what doctors claim is atopic dermatitis coupled with hyper eczemas when I was younger. I have had these marks for over 20 years. I no longer suffer from breakouts however I do have the marks (front and back thighs). I started by specifically treating them spot by spot, rather applying to the entire area. Recently my husband disclosed that he is having a "hard time" actually seeing the marks to apply the cream, they have lightened up but I am not totally clear yet... I am on my second tube. When I complete this one, my intention is to increase to the .5 strength and observe those results. Will advise probably in another 2 months time. What I can say with certainty is that is works, faster for some than others... but it works, consistency is key."

Trinigirl868 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Acne: "Please do not use 2x a day! An incompetent pharmacist told me to use it 2x a day and it peeled my skin and bleached me by the second day. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, use fresh aloe vera gel on the skin 2x daily to soothe the burning sensation and help the peeling process move along. I'm saying fresh because packaged, processed ones usually having unwanted additives that'll do more damage than good. Instructions for Tretinoin Use every other night. So that's once, ONLY. Use ONLY A LITTLE at a time, especially if you have darker skin, or it'll peel your skin and make you red you. Apply ONLY on dry skin. So wait till your skin is no longer damp after your shower. To T-Rex-- hopefully, your skin has healed greatly now. And you're getting over the trauma. But I'd highly recommend trying it again, and this time, very carefully, maybe start using just every second or third day and slowly build up"

Lanasaptcmplx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "it is really excellent for both photoaging as well as acne. Initially my acne got worse but I got a good result after 1 month of its use . Strongly recommended"

Misum (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "My ex girlfriend turned me onto Retin A as she has beautiful skin. I have been using .05% and mixed it with a night moisturizer and pine cone extract. The colour is a bit dark as the extract is brown. After 3 months of nightly use the results are amazing when used in this combo. My crows feet around my eyes are almost unnoticeable. The wrinkles that used to be on my forehead are gone. I don't wake up with bags under my eyes either. I'm 54 and people comment that I look years younger as my skin is radiant and glows. My miracle cream..."

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I am 23 years old and I suffer from severe acne. I started using retin-a 0.05 a week ago. At first my face felt moisturized, the pimples become easier to extracted. After about 2-3 days my face started burning and then peeling. I wanted to use a moisturizer along with it but anything that touched my face made it ache or burn and when I say anything, I do mean anything...water, fabric etc. I used it twice a day as advised by my derm. He told me it would get worse before it got better so I continued applying small amounts on the bigger bumps but my face hasn't healed so I have completely stopped using it."

T-Rex September 15, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Retin A honestly changed my life! The first 6 months were awful. Hated my skin more by the day. But there is a huge silver light! Fast forward a few months and my skin is glowing, smooth, and hardly a single breakout. I'm 23 and have battled all sorts of acne through my life. That came along with some serious scarring. While there is definitely a ways to go for the scarring, its helped tremendously."

Lauren (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

For Acne: "I'd been struggling with my acne for 8 years and this is the only medicine that has helped me. I use it with Clindamycin topical lotion, and I use Treninoin .025% every 3 days, and .1% for the rest of the time. It completely cleared up my face. It might make your skin dry like mine but it is completely worth it - I use hydrating face masks and it takes away the dryness. It took me a few days to start seeing results, but it's different for everyone. Give it time, and make sure you're seeing your dermatologist because he or she might prescribe you a stronger Treninoin like in my case if needed."

AC (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "I’m 68 and have used Tretinoin for four months. The first 2-3 weeks of use my skin did peel and burn. After putting this product on at night, I use an oil serum and a night moisturizer. It helps to soothe my skin. I love this product and I get so many compliments on my smooth and younger looking skin. If you’re getting your face waxed, don’t use this 1-2 days before. My skin burned. I use daily moisturizer and sunscreen daily over Tretinoin."

Ginna68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Acne: "This is the best medicine for acne prone skin! You have to be patient and give it at least 4 months to start working. A little secret I learnt is to apply it 30-60mins AFTER you’ve applied moisturiser as opposed to applying it before moisturising. It will really reduce the starting up acne flair ups."

Rossntoss (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

For Acne: "Used this medicine for acne, it wasn't for me. Too extreme for my face. Spironolactone helped degrease my skin and clean and clear each day is a better fit."

rlcourtney (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Acne: "My son had a bad acne problem his Doctor to him to use this medication two times less two weeks the acne cleared after having this issue for five years"

Coconut (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Photoaging of the Skin: "37/f here...I have used retinol on and off since I was a teenager and got into my mom's supply. I looked like I got a terrible sunburn the first time I used it on my teenage face. The first few weeks/months are hard but it helps if you ease into it and only use it every other night or every two nights, or even once a week, then increase the frequency as your skin gets acclimated to it. I am often complemented on my skin and am mistaken as being at least ten years younger than I am. I recently had a baby and used some on my stretch marks and c section scar and the stretch marks are practically gone five months later with use only once a week. Retinol has been a godsend for me."

LA June 24, 2018

For Acne: "This cream has saved my confidence SO MUCH! I spent so long in the house and antisocial due to overwhelming acne. I finally went to my dermatologist about 5 years ago and was on numerous different meds for years. Finally she tried Trentinoin cream. Guys! I have now been on it for 4.5 months and it has worked WONDERS! The only VERY SMALL pimples I get anymore are because of outlying situations like going hiking all day in our humidity here where I live or falling asleep with makeup on. I never break out from day to day anymore and the scars I do have, have almost literally vanished. I feel so much freedom to do what I want with my life as opposed to being ruled by how I am feeling about my face each day. It’s awesome! For the first two months or so, like everyone else says, your skin will get very red and my neck itched like crazy (didn’t even put it on my neck), but my face got used to it and now I’m doing great! Would HIGHLY recommend this cream for acne!"

Louie S June 20, 2018

For Acne: "I'm a teen and I started using the gel form of tretinoin (.04%) just about a month ago to help with acne. I have oily/combination skin. At first, I used it every other night for 2 weeks, as my doctor told me to, and after 2 weeks I began to use it nightly. Towards the beginning, I didn't notice any flakiness/redness but my acne did get worse, mostly around my nose and mouth. This lasted for about 5 days before it started to clear up and I haven't had a problem since. I still get minor breakouts but I'm hoping they will go away the longer I use tretinoin. It made my skin noticably clearer and smooth, along with helping the brightness! I would highly suggest the gel form as it's helped me a ton, and I even have sensitive skin. It hasn't really helped with my oily skin, but I'm thinking that it's likely my moisturizer."

haddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I have used Retin-A .01% Cream for acne for the past 20 years. I find it to be very therapeutic to my skin. Recently my doctor switched me to the gel and its incredible the way it feels. It is not tacky or greasy. Its a very greaseless lightweight gel. There is a little bit more alcohol in the gels than cream but overall it feels great on my skin and is keeping the Acne at bay. I highly recommend this gel, or even the creams for acne but you have to know how to use it. Speak to your doctor if you have any questions and do exactly what he says. Your skin needs to get used to the strongest strength of them all to treat the acne. Its a wonderful, wonderful product."

GV June 6, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed this for my acne, which is moderate but can get really bad at times. They told me it would get worse for about a month and then get better. After using it for 8 weeks, I can tell you it only made it worse. My skin has never been that bad before. On top of the cystic acne, it cause me sensitive skin to be excessively red and dry. They gave me a pill to take with it (Minocycline) though, and it works wonders. 5 days ago I stopped using the tretinoin gel and only take the pill and now my skin is almost completely free of breakouts. Don’t use this gel if you have the choice."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "32-year old female. I'd been on Acanya (benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) for about 3 years before it stopped working very suddenly. Like, one day my skin was clear, and the next, I had breakouts on my chin and cheeks again. Anyway, I'd ordered a tube of 0.05% Retin-A online a while ago and used to use it as a spot treatment, which worked , for a bit. I think that was too strong for me. Just starting PRESCRIBED 0.025% Retin-A and, the morning after use on my entire face, my skin was less inflamed. I noticed 2 new pimples surfaced, but they were easily extracted. I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and then a toner + moisturizer in the mornings. Cetaphil cleanser - wait 20 mins - Retin-A - wait 20 mins - and neutrogena hydro boost moisturizer at night. I have noticed some blemishes come to the surface and minor peeling. But, my general skin tone looks so much better than when I was using the Acanya, despite those two drawbacks. Will keep using and see what the long-term results looks like!"

JustMyStory May 25, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...