User Reviews for Tretinoin

Also known as: Altinac, Altreno, Atralin, Avita, Obagi, Refissa, Renova, Retin A Micro, Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova, Retisol-A, Stieva-A, Stieva-A Forte, Tretin-X, Vitinoin …show all brand names

Photoaging of the Skin
8.2

Acne
7.9

Summary of Tretinoin reviews 7.9 386 reviews

Reviews for Tretinoin

For Photoaging of the Skin: "it is really excellent for both photoaging as well as acne. Initially my acne got worse but I got a good result after 1 month of its use . Strongly recommended"

Misum (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "My ex girlfriend turned me onto Retin A as she has beautiful skin. I have been using .05% and mixed it with a night moisturizer and pine cone extract. The colour is a bit dark as the extract is brown. After 3 months of nightly use the results are amazing when used in this combo. My crows feet around my eyes are almost unnoticeable. The wrinkles that used to be on my forehead are gone. I don't wake up with bags under my eyes either. I'm 54 and people comment that I look years younger as my skin is radiant and glows. My miracle cream..."

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I am 23 years old and I suffer from severe acne. I started using retin-a 0.05 a week ago. At first my face felt moisturized, the pimples become easier to extracted. After about 2-3 days my face started burning and then peeling. I wanted to use a moisturizer along with it but anything that touched my face made it ache or burn and when I say anything, I do mean anything...water, fabric etc. I used it twice a day as advised by my derm. He told me it would get worse before it got better so I continued applying small amounts on the bigger bumps but my face hasn't healed so I have completely stopped using it."

T-Rex September 15, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Retin A honestly changed my life! The first 6 months were awful. Hated my skin more by the day. But there is a huge silver light! Fast forward a few months and my skin is glowing, smooth, and hardly a single breakout. I'm 23 and have battled all sorts of acne through my life. That came along with some serious scarring. While there is definitely a ways to go for the scarring, its helped tremendously."

Lauren (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

For Acne: "I'd been struggling with my acne for 8 years and this is the only medicine that has helped me. I use it with Clindamycin topical lotion, and I use Treninoin .025% every 3 days, and .1% for the rest of the time. It completely cleared up my face. It might make your skin dry like mine but it is completely worth it - I use hydrating face masks and it takes away the dryness. It took me a few days to start seeing results, but it's different for everyone. Give it time, and make sure you're seeing your dermatologist because he or she might prescribe you a stronger Treninoin like in my case if needed."

AC (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "I’m 68 and have used Tretinoin for four months. The first 2-3 weeks of use my skin did peel and burn. After putting this product on at night, I use an oil serum and a night moisturizer. It helps to soothe my skin. I love this product and I get so many compliments on my smooth and younger looking skin. If you’re getting your face waxed, don’t use this 1-2 days before. My skin burned. I use daily moisturizer and sunscreen daily over Tretinoin."

Ginna68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Acne: "This is the best medicine for acne prone skin! You have to be patient and give it at least 4 months to start working. A little secret I learnt is to apply it 30-60mins AFTER you’ve applied moisturiser as opposed to applying it before moisturising. It will really reduce the starting up acne flair ups."

Rossntoss (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

For Acne: "Used this medicine for acne, it wasn't for me. Too extreme for my face. Spironolactone helped degrease my skin and clean and clear each day is a better fit."

rlcourtney (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Acne: "My son had a bad acne problem his Doctor to him to use this medication two times less two weeks the acne cleared after having this issue for five years"

Coconut (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Photoaging of the Skin: "37/f here...I have used retinol on and off since I was a teenager and got into my mom's supply. I looked like I got a terrible sunburn the first time I used it on my teenage face. The first few weeks/months are hard but it helps if you ease into it and only use it every other night or every two nights, or even once a week, then increase the frequency as your skin gets acclimated to it. I am often complemented on my skin and am mistaken as being at least ten years younger than I am. I recently had a baby and used some on my stretch marks and c section scar and the stretch marks are practically gone five months later with use only once a week. Retinol has been a godsend for me."

LA June 24, 2018

For Acne: "This cream has saved my confidence SO MUCH! I spent so long in the house and antisocial due to overwhelming acne. I finally went to my dermatologist about 5 years ago and was on numerous different meds for years. Finally she tried Trentinoin cream. Guys! I have now been on it for 4.5 months and it has worked WONDERS! The only VERY SMALL pimples I get anymore are because of outlying situations like going hiking all day in our humidity here where I live or falling asleep with makeup on. I never break out from day to day anymore and the scars I do have, have almost literally vanished. I feel so much freedom to do what I want with my life as opposed to being ruled by how I am feeling about my face each day. It’s awesome! For the first two months or so, like everyone else says, your skin will get very red and my neck itched like crazy (didn’t even put it on my neck), but my face got used to it and now I’m doing great! Would HIGHLY recommend this cream for acne!"

Louie S June 20, 2018

For Acne: "I'm a teen and I started using the gel form of tretinoin (.04%) just about a month ago to help with acne. I have oily/combination skin. At first, I used it every other night for 2 weeks, as my doctor told me to, and after 2 weeks I began to use it nightly. Towards the beginning, I didn't notice any flakiness/redness but my acne did get worse, mostly around my nose and mouth. This lasted for about 5 days before it started to clear up and I haven't had a problem since. I still get minor breakouts but I'm hoping they will go away the longer I use tretinoin. It made my skin noticably clearer and smooth, along with helping the brightness! I would highly suggest the gel form as it's helped me a ton, and I even have sensitive skin. It hasn't really helped with my oily skin, but I'm thinking that it's likely my moisturizer."

haddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I have used Retin-A .01% Cream for acne for the past 20 years. I find it to be very therapeutic to my skin. Recently my doctor switched me to the gel and its incredible the way it feels. It is not tacky or greasy. Its a very greaseless lightweight gel. There is a little bit more alcohol in the gels than cream but overall it feels great on my skin and is keeping the Acne at bay. I highly recommend this gel, or even the creams for acne but you have to know how to use it. Speak to your doctor if you have any questions and do exactly what he says. Your skin needs to get used to the strongest strength of them all to treat the acne. Its a wonderful, wonderful product."

GV June 6, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed this for my acne, which is moderate but can get really bad at times. They told me it would get worse for about a month and then get better. After using it for 8 weeks, I can tell you it only made it worse. My skin has never been that bad before. On top of the cystic acne, it cause me sensitive skin to be excessively red and dry. They gave me a pill to take with it (Minocycline) though, and it works wonders. 5 days ago I stopped using the tretinoin gel and only take the pill and now my skin is almost completely free of breakouts. Don’t use this gel if you have the choice."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "32-year old female. I'd been on Acanya (benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) for about 3 years before it stopped working very suddenly. Like, one day my skin was clear, and the next, I had breakouts on my chin and cheeks again. Anyway, I'd ordered a tube of 0.05% Retin-A online a while ago and used to use it as a spot treatment, which worked , for a bit. I think that was too strong for me. Just starting PRESCRIBED 0.025% Retin-A and, the morning after use on my entire face, my skin was less inflamed. I noticed 2 new pimples surfaced, but they were easily extracted. I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and then a toner + moisturizer in the mornings. Cetaphil cleanser - wait 20 mins - Retin-A - wait 20 mins - and neutrogena hydro boost moisturizer at night. I have noticed some blemishes come to the surface and minor peeling. But, my general skin tone looks so much better than when I was using the Acanya, despite those two drawbacks. Will keep using and see what the long-term results looks like!"

JustMyStory May 25, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed the tretinoin gel .025 about 6 weeks ago and my skin is terrible! This is the worst my skin has ever looked and I am a scared that it will continue to get worse. Prior to the medication I would get maybe 2-3 inflamed pimples that were painful on my chin and cheek around my menstrual cycle. Now I’m literally waking up to a new painful pimple almost every few days. The pimples also leaves behind an acne mark and takes weeks to fade. I knew there was an initial breakout on period on the medication but I didn’t think it would be this bad. So anyone who starts using tretinoin please be aware of the initial breakout because it is terrible. I don’t think I would have started using this medication if I had know my skin would have turned out like this. Since I’m already 6 weeks in, I’m afraid to stop. I’m hoping the next couple of months I will see improvements."

Alison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I am a 72 year old woman who has been using Retin-A for thirty-four years. I started using it because I had adult acne at the same time my teenage son had acne. I routinely am mistaken for being twenty years younger than I am. I have very few wrinkles. My skin still has dry patches occasionally but they are short lived. I have tried to get several people to use it but they always get discouraged with the redness and peeling in the beginning. This phase does not last forever. Please continue to use it, you will never be sorry."

DDF (taken for 10 years or more) April 30, 2018

For Acne: "I had suffered from comedones since I was about 16, and it just kept getting worse; nothing could fix it. My derm prescribed tretinion as a topical, and she warned me about the side effects (which all came true). At first, it's really bad. Not only will your skin be itching you constantly (because it's 'shedding', if you have blackheads/whiteheads like me they will probably turn into pimples and you HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO ALL POP. That horrible phase lasted me about 3-4 months. But it's completely worth it. Looking back, I'm so grateful I didn't stop it (even though it got really realllyyy bad) because I finally got rid of something that was really bothering me. Just hang in there, it will get better and you'll be so happy you didn't stop midway"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Acne: "I know very little about skin care and have tried a few products to treat what I thought was scarring but nothing worked. Instead of shopping around (because skin care products can be expensive, especially when you don’t know what you’re doing) I decided to go to a dermatologist. Turns out I have acne- mostly near my chin. I was prescribed tretinoin and was told to start off using it 3x a week until I got used to it. It started off rough with the burning/peeling/flaking of my skin, but after reading these reviews and applying oil-free moisturizer after the tretinoin, it only lasted about a week or 2. I am now past that phase of the medication and worked my way up to daily use. Thankfully I stuck with it because after 6 weeks, I am starting to feel confident even after just washing my face. Do not feel discouraged when it gets rough in the beginning- it is so worth it!"

Ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Acne: "I tried many acne creams and none worked for me until I found tretinoin. It cured my acne within a month or so and my skin has been clear for about a year now. I highly recommend this product. I used a cream with .05% and I needed to get a prescription from my dermatologist so it is not over the counter. Great product!"

annom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2018

For Acne: "I decided to give this treatment an 8/10 because I have only been using it for about 3 weeks and have not yet seen the full results. However, so far this cream has been amazing!!! I can really see the difference on my skin. The first couple of weeks your face will become extremely dry, begin to flake, and even burn a bit but after your skin will get used to it. I apply the creme every other night and usually try to moisturize with Cerave SA Creme (although meant for body). This has helped tremendously with the dry skin. I broke out a little the first week but after that have had no issues. I also see my blackheads going away as well."

Jas (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Photoaging of the Skin: "I been using this on and off for a few years. I started office with the middle dose which is 0.5. It does peel your skin, (THAT’S WHAT YOU WANT!) I want it to peel the dead, scarred, wrinkled layer off. It looks kinda bad peeling, but it lessens in a few weeks. I never had bad wrinkles, and look way younger than I am. I would have to say this does the job of peeling away fine lines, smoother and more glowing complexion. It will peel, sting, and burn, but that means it’s working. I have gotten those big cystic pimples too under my skin, but that’s good - it means it’s pushing hidden acne out. I’m glad I got this and will use as long as they make it. Also I use Night of Olay as a moisturizer"

West coaster (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2018

For Acne: "I started using this for adult acne. But been on it a little over one month. Noticing a persistent age spot has most definitely started to fade. I did not experience any purging or worsening of acne as I was warned. It does take the oils out of your skin. The places which were on my face when I started have all gone. The extra benefits of clearing up my face is wonderful. The first couple of weeks my skin was really peeling. Now my skin seems to have adjusted. I always use the cream at night then moisturizer + sunscreen every day outside to keep the results I’m getting. Oh and remember don’t put Retin A on your damp face, for some reason it’s so much worse on peeling and itching if you do. I am using a very small amount like the size of a pea. Overall I’m very pleased and plan to continue."

Denise (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Acne: "Honestly, my pimples are getting worse, bigger & more red. My skin burns and itches so baddd! I can’t even handle it. This isn’t doing anything for my face. Someone commented on here saying to just keep going & that it will make your acne worse for the first 3 MONTHS then it gets better. Are you kidding me like I have that long to wait & let my face look hideous with more pimples. I have a wedding in 7 months. I’m just gonna make an appointment for laser duh, should’ve known no acne medication I’ve EVER gotten from a “dermatologist” ever worked for me & I barely have pimples. No doctor can help me, seriously this is a joke. If Kim K. had pimples & went to a doctor I’m sure they would give her a product that actually works. Drs are nothing but scams. It’s like they hate for you to look good cause you’re a pretty girl."

Queen A (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2018

For Acne: "I have suffered from acne since I was 12 years old. Now a junior in college, I still had bad breakouts from my period and acne scars from over the years. I decided to visit a dermatologist and she recommended Retin-A. At first, my skin peeled from use every other night, but I decided to use it 3 times a week instead and it helped my skin from the burning/peeling and was still able to get my skin cleared up. I use Cetaphil cleanser every day in the morning and night then tone my face with witch hazel (super good on the skin and does not burn) and finish off with Shea Moisture problem skin moisturizer. Vitamin E oil also helps with the minor peeling if you are experiencing from Retin-A. It has been 4 months and my acne scars have cleared up, I do not have any pimples, and made my skin a more even texture. However, I have noticed that it has lightened my face a bit since none of my foundations no longer match my current skin tone."

Gcntrrs2 February 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...