User Reviews for Cosentyx

Learn more about Cosentyx.

Plaque Psoriasis 10 reviews 19 medications

9.7
Psoriatic Arthritis 1 reviews 59 medications

Ankylosing Spondylitis 3 reviews 128 medications

1.7
Summary of Cosentyx reviews 14 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Nightmare with this drug. Prescribed it for AS but also suffer from ulcer colitis. Not only did it flare up my colitis but also left me with peripheral joint swelling and pain. My joint pain had previously been extremely well controlled with Humira and Simponi until they lost efficacy. Humira was by far the best medication I have been on."

Ayoobi November 29, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been living with psoriasis for over 20 years. Tried everything from pills to ointments, it help a little but nothing like cosentyx. I am still in the early stages, just finished my weekly shots and I already see a huge improvement. The itch is completely gone and I can see the redness is clearing on a daily bases. Even my arm hair over the plaque has started growing again. I am thankful that I have insurance as I hear it is quite expensive ..10k per dose....I strongly recommend this treatment, it might change your life, it did for me.."

Jpeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I finished the loading dose with no improvement. My Dr upped me to 300 mg. I'm on month 4, I'm very fatigued and still in pain so I'm not impressed with it. I'm also experiencing mouth sores."

AS'er November 7, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been taking this medication with the study for over 2 years for severe psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis has disappeared. I rarely have outbreaks and if I do they are small and disappear within weeks. For psoriatic arthritis, I would rate it lower, around a 7, because I still have to take a d-mard each month along with 300 MG monthly of cosentyx . Still, this is an impressive medication for people with severe psoriasis arthritis. I was barely walking when I started this study and now people ask why I have a handicapped tag. That massive improvement is due, in part, to this medication. It took about 3 months to feel the total effects for the arthritis and there was a noticeable difference taking 300 MG instead of 150 mg."

Too Young to feel so old (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've finished the 5 week loading dose 3 weeks ago. It is not working for Ankylosing Spondylitis. I am very disappointed. My Dr is upping my dose to 300 mg and I hope that will work."

AS'er (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for about 3 and a half weeks now and my psoriasis has improved I would say by 80%!!! All the plaque is now flat against my skin (meaning, if I close my eyes and rub my arm, I cannot feel any areas of plaque). All that remains is the discoloration from the plaques which are slowly fading as well because I go to the tanning booth to tan. I have experienced NO side effects at all, in fact the skin on my face is also glowing and radiant. After suffering from psoriasis for over 10 years my body had become immune to Clobetesol and Humaira really didn't work for me, but Cosentyx has been GOD SENT! I would recommend and hope that this work for anyone and the best thing for me has been the quick improvement >30 days!"

Anonymous August 2, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking the med for two months and I have as of yet had any recognizable side effects and the med seems to exacerbate the reason I'm taking it for, the pain and psoriasis symptoms. So far I can say OK."

Sammy mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Just started cosentyx- 90 per cent of my body covered have used humira,stellara, otezela and multiple creams without much success 4 days after loading dose my hands were 74 per cent better- I'm excited to say this is s great choice w little side effects"

Helenium Troy (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "First, let me say that i am so thankful for biologics to treat psoriasis and make possible to live and enjoy life without scales covering 100 percent of my body. Enbrel worked great for years. It stopped being effective. I tried stelara and humira but didnt work for me. Thank God for Cosentyx. After the loading doses and first month there after, I am about 98 percent clear. This is the clearest I've been in a long time. So easy to administer, zero pay with assistance copay and clear skin... with no side effects yet "

eptexas (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Freaking miracle drug. I tried everything but nothing would get rid of my psoriasis. I am a 6 year sufferer of it, had it everywhere including my scalp. I am now 6 weeks on Cosentyx and I am completely clear! I am beyond ecstatic, truly incredible stuff. So far I have had so side effects and hopefully that will continue.!"

Gnfanatic April 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx now for 5 months. I went from severe to 95% clear, with no side effects so far. Zero sugar, low carb, high fat diet; exercise; and sun/UV on the rash are also very important to keep it clear. Also the plaques have largely to do with a biofilm, sticky fungus bacteria environment, created by normal/harmless skin Malassezia and Staphylococcus varieties. Your body can't break down the biofilm but these can: chitinase, essential oils (thyme oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, etc.), sugar alcohols (xylitol etc.). I make lotions with these and fractionated coconut oil (which are anti-Malassezia saturated fat chains) to break down the psoriasis plaques so they can heal. Active vitamin D prescription ointment (calcitriol)."

ogiebjl April 6, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 20 years, on my scalp and body. I have tried every cream, ointment, pill and quite a few shots. So when my doctor suggested trying Cosentyx, I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to give myself shots again. But I tried it and after just the first month I could finally see my knees, I didn't have to apply and creams, ointments or scalp oils. Every last bit of my psoriasis was cleared, 100%, I couldn't believe my eyes , I was amazed!!!! 20 years of putting on scalp oil, with a shower cap on and going to bed embarrassed next to my husband, and now I can get out of the shower, style my hair and go, NO MORE SHOWER CAPS!! I know every medicine works differently for every person, but you have to give it a try!"

Grace1979 February 2, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started using Cosentyx in September 2015 I was very apprehensive about trying it but I gave it a try 5 doses for 5wks straight then once every twenty eight day but by the third dose my psoriasis was 98% gone and by my fifth and last dose I'm psoriasis was 100% gone. I have not had any breakouts I am still 100% clear my skin is soft an beautiful I HAD psoriasis for over 30 years I recommend everyone to try COSENTYX I AM very happy I gave this a try an you will be to.."

cathy0513 December 3, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "Lost my right great toe due to a serious osteomyelits infection."

Thomas Sakowych (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015