User Reviews for Cosentyx

Learn more about Cosentyx.

Plaque Psoriasis 13 reviews 20 medications

9.1
Psoriatic Arthritis 3 reviews 59 medications

3.7
Ankylosing Spondylitis 5 reviews 128 medications

2.8
Summary of Cosentyx reviews 21 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Plaque Psoriasis "Out of nowhere, in my 50s, I developed Plaque psoriasis. The local dermatologists did not seem to know how to help me. I was put on heavy steroids and other medicines that made my life miserable. Muscle aches, unable to sleep and rashes that bled up at the merest touch. I found a specialist in New York City and she is my angel! I was put on Sterela which helped. Then I was then switched over to Cosentyx and my life changed. I am almost 100% cured, as long as I keep taking the injections. The side affects that I've noticed are more frequent cold sores and a stuffy nose. I take Valtrex at the same time I take the injection in the cold sores have stopped. The stuffy nose, I can deal with. This product is a miracle."

Happy Consumer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I have had this aggressive illness since the age of 20. I am now 31 and have been put onto cosentyx. I just had my first injection today and have had less pain and stiffness already. Given that i had tried every other treatment option this was the last form of treatment for Ankylosing spondylitis. No side effects as yet. Hope this treatment is the one. Regards, Posso"

Posso Postans January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Had psoriasis most of my life starting as a teenager. Tried many things before cosentyx inclding Enbrel and Stelara. After 15 long years of nothing working for me Cosentyx has cleared my body by at least 95%. Very easy to use and thankfully NO side affects at all !!!"

John Denver January 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Experienced headaches, exhaustion and uti symptoms while on this drug. Also several areas of psoriasis seems worse, redder and painful. Did help slightly with accompanying joint pain but not enough to warrant tolerating the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was given my first two shot booster and nothing happened at all. After 5 weeks with one shot a week I have no improvement at all. Suddenly felt sick and sleepy all the time and got the worst vaginal yeast infection I have ever had a long with urinary tract issues. Not going to continue this treatment. Just glad that my medical insurance didn't pay the 16 thousand dollars that big pharma mercy wanted for a three month treatment!"

Dg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Otezla and Stelara and various topicals over the past 15 years or so. Each medication seemed to reach a plateau as far as effectiveness which is why I moved on to another. I've been on Cosentyx a little less than 2 months and my psoriasis is worse than it's ever been. I spoke with my dermatologist and was told that Cosentyx seems to take a bit of time to see positive results. Their experience has been that right around the third month, improvement is seen. That's the only reason I am staying with it for another month or two. After reading all these glowing comments about having clearer skin in weeks or a month, I'm a little discouraged that my psoriasis has gone 1000% in the other direction."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "After fourth injections started light headed, nausea, feel like diarrhea constant, ear drainage, white stuff in eyes, very tired, sleeping ten to fourteen hours a day. Doctor will not call me back. Don't know what to do!!!!!"

Hopen to feel better. December 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Nightmare with this drug. Prescribed it for AS but also suffer from ulcer colitis. Not only did it flare up my colitis but also left me with peripheral joint swelling and pain. My joint pain had previously been extremely well controlled with Humira and Simponi until they lost efficacy. Humira was by far the best medication I have been on."

Ayoobi November 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been living with psoriasis for over 20 years. Tried everything from pills to ointments, it help a little but nothing like cosentyx. I am still in the early stages, just finished my weekly shots and I already see a huge improvement. The itch is completely gone and I can see the redness is clearing on a daily bases. Even my arm hair over the plaque has started growing again. I am thankful that I have insurance as I hear it is quite expensive ..10k per dose....I strongly recommend this treatment, it might change your life, it did for me.."

Jpeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I finished the loading dose with no improvement. My Dr upped me to 300 mg. I'm on month 4, I'm very fatigued and still in pain so I'm not impressed with it. I'm also experiencing mouth sores."

AS'er November 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been taking this medication with the study for over 2 years for severe psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis has disappeared. I rarely have outbreaks and if I do they are small and disappear within weeks. For psoriatic arthritis, I would rate it lower, around a 7, because I still have to take a d-mard each month along with 300 MG monthly of cosentyx . Still, this is an impressive medication for people with severe psoriasis arthritis. I was barely walking when I started this study and now people ask why I have a handicapped tag. That massive improvement is due, in part, to this medication. It took about 3 months to feel the total effects for the arthritis and there was a noticeable difference taking 300 MG instead of 150 mg."

Too Young to feel so old (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've finished the 5 week loading dose 3 weeks ago. It is not working for Ankylosing Spondylitis. I am very disappointed. My Dr is upping my dose to 300 mg and I hope that will work."

AS'er (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for about 3 and a half weeks now and my psoriasis has improved I would say by 80%!!! All the plaque is now flat against my skin (meaning, if I close my eyes and rub my arm, I cannot feel any areas of plaque). All that remains is the discoloration from the plaques which are slowly fading as well because I go to the tanning booth to tan. I have experienced NO side effects at all, in fact the skin on my face is also glowing and radiant. After suffering from psoriasis for over 10 years my body had become immune to Clobetesol and Humaira really didn't work for me, but Cosentyx has been GOD SENT! I would recommend and hope that this work for anyone and the best thing for me has been the quick improvement >30 days!"

Anonymous August 2, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking the med for two months and I have as of yet had any recognizable side effects and the med seems to exacerbate the reason I'm taking it for, the pain and psoriasis symptoms. So far I can say OK."

Sammy mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Just started cosentyx- 90 per cent of my body covered have used humira,stellara, otezela and multiple creams without much success 4 days after loading dose my hands were 74 per cent better- I'm excited to say this is s great choice w little side effects"

Helenium Troy (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "First, let me say that i am so thankful for biologics to treat psoriasis and make possible to live and enjoy life without scales covering 100 percent of my body. Enbrel worked great for years. It stopped being effective. I tried stelara and humira but didnt work for me. Thank God for Cosentyx. After the loading doses and first month there after, I am about 98 percent clear. This is the clearest I've been in a long time. So easy to administer, zero pay with assistance copay and clear skin... with no side effects yet "

eptexas (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Freaking miracle drug. I tried everything but nothing would get rid of my psoriasis. I am a 6 year sufferer of it, had it everywhere including my scalp. I am now 6 weeks on Cosentyx and I am completely clear! I am beyond ecstatic, truly incredible stuff. So far I have had so side effects and hopefully that will continue.!"

Gnfanatic April 20, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx now for 5 months. I went from severe to 95% clear, with no side effects so far. Zero sugar, low carb, high fat diet; exercise; and sun/UV on the rash are also very important to keep it clear. Also the plaques have largely to do with a biofilm, sticky fungus bacteria environment, created by normal/harmless skin Malassezia and Staphylococcus varieties. Your body can't break down the biofilm but these can: chitinase, essential oils (thyme oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, etc.), sugar alcohols (xylitol etc.). I make lotions with these and fractionated coconut oil (which are anti-Malassezia saturated fat chains) to break down the psoriasis plaques so they can heal. Active vitamin D prescription ointment (calcitriol)."

ogiebjl April 6, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 20 years, on my scalp and body. I have tried every cream, ointment, pill and quite a few shots. So when my doctor suggested trying Cosentyx, I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to give myself shots again. But I tried it and after just the first month I could finally see my knees, I didn't have to apply and creams, ointments or scalp oils. Every last bit of my psoriasis was cleared, 100%, I couldn't believe my eyes , I was amazed!!!! 20 years of putting on scalp oil, with a shower cap on and going to bed embarrassed next to my husband, and now I can get out of the shower, style my hair and go, NO MORE SHOWER CAPS!! I know every medicine works differently for every person, but you have to give it a try!"

Grace1979 February 2, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started using Cosentyx in September 2015 I was very apprehensive about trying it but I gave it a try 5 doses for 5wks straight then once every twenty eight day but by the third dose my psoriasis was 98% gone and by my fifth and last dose I'm psoriasis was 100% gone. I have not had any breakouts I am still 100% clear my skin is soft an beautiful I HAD psoriasis for over 30 years I recommend everyone to try COSENTYX I AM very happy I gave this a try an you will be to.."

cathy0513 December 3, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Lost my right great toe due to a serious osteomyelits infection."

Thomas Sakowych (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015