User Reviews for Cosentyx

Ankylosing Spondylitis
2.9

Summary of Cosentyx reviews 6.4 82 reviews

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Plaque Psoriasis "Cosentyx has been the miracle drug!! This was the 1st year in 29 years where I actually wore short sleeves & even shorts. I have psoriasis and psor istic arthritis & last fall both got a lot worse. I have been on so many topical solutions, creams, prescriptions, pills, biologics, with no luck. Some would ease the pain but never clear the symptoms. I decided to just focus on the sun's help until last fall where nothing worked. I went back to my derm & he wanted to try Cosentyx since it had little side effects & required less follow up testing & at that time it had been out for over a year. No joke, within 2 WEEKS I was completely clear & I still am. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life. I know psoriaisi isn't a life threatening disease but emotionally it might as well be. The embarrassment, the pain & sometimes just looking at it got me so down. Cosentyx has changed my life. I also haven't had much joint pain. I hope one day I won't have to be on anything but until then Cosentyx is my life."

lash97 October 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started cosentryx 9 weeks ago. It truly is a miracle drug. With the first dose my psoriasis was disappearing. I have lived with psoriasis for 27 years. Now I am happy to be able to actually wear short sleeves and shorts."

Country Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have only had two injections so far, and I can't wait to take the 5 weeks of cosentyx. My joint pain is tremendous. Psoriasis is the same, I'm very hopeful. I will let you folks know after my weeks "

BALTO (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Getting ready for my third 300 mg dose. I get nausea all the time. I just don't feel right. I have IBS and have been under control for some time. It has flared up now. I know its just been three weeks, but my fingers are no better and very painful. If this continues after finishing the recommended dosing of 4 weeks, I'm not going to continue. Not worth it if you have to deal w all the side effects and still have pain."

HENNY (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I would give this medication a 1/10 for PsA and 7/10 for psoriasis. My psoriasis was and has been fairly mild for some time but within 6 weeks of taking cosentyx I was all clear pretty much. I took the 5 week loading dose and 4 consecutive months following that and was forced to stop due to switching insurances and trying to get re-approved. I did not experience any improvement in my PsA symptoms and in fact would say that my general joint ache, stiffness and pain was worse. Besides seeing no improvement in my primary complaint, I have had 4-5 week long sinus infections, a thrush infection and several days in between with general stomach upset I hadn’t had prior to starting this medication. In switching insurances, they wanted me to try Enbrel first prior to re-ordering cosentyx for some reason. I will try that as I am curious to see the difference in effectiveness as well as side effects. I’ll also be taking Enbrel through the winter which will give me a better idea."

Frank (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "to all you short timers. I too had some side affects and thought it did not help with my pain. I gave it 5 months and now l feel much better and I was almost disabled. Now I can do a lot more of the things I could not do just on anti inflammatory meds. The side affects have gone away ..so it is working for me."

madrick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am at week 17 and am 100% clear. I had a throat infection with high fever for 3 days at week 12, other than that no side effects. My joints feel tender, but it may be from the reduced swelling making them ‘looser’. Only other drawback is the $$’s for the med. I am still working to get coverage."

Big$Shot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "It worked well a year into taking the drug. I experienced erectile dysfunction (ED) issues while taking this medication. Hence, the 5/10 rating for this medication."

Ironknees (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "This drug changed my life. Arthritis is gone. I am back on the field competing against guys half my age. Thank you Cosentyx!"

Old softballer (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "7 years of severe guttate psoriasis is practically gone after 1 month on Cosentyx. I've tried creams, UVb lights, diets etc with limited success. This is truly a miracle drug and has given me my active life back. Bless the creators of this drug. I can't recommend enough!"

Rez (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was put on consentyx about five weeks ago before that was on remicade. I had no blood sugar issues until now. Please just for your safety get your blood sugar checked. I had no issues on remicade and went for routine physical and blood sugar was 500 mg after fasting should be in 100-112 range. It can cause big health issues. They are trying to figure it out now. I’ll keep u posted. I am not bad mouthing the drug because I am grateful they are finding better treatment - I just think they should look into this. Search for this online and you will see."

Ryanvanf (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I tried all sorts of medications and treatment for couple years such as UV light, steroid cream, HUMIRA, BUT when my new dermatologist prescribe me COSENTYZ after couple weeks of injections I could see some improvements and continued taking it. Now I'm all healed up"

edward (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had plaque psoriasis for over 20 years tried otezla, methotrexate creams and lotions. Cosentyx has come to my rescue it has cleared my skin and I feel like a human being. For the first time in years I can wear clothes with short sleeve shirts there's no plaque on my face. I've only started this treatment but it keeps improving my skin all the time. I have never been happier I thought this could never happen and it did clear skin does happen!"

Door (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been on Consentyx for almost a year. I was about 80% covered before starting and was 100% clear after the loading stage. But as of Mar 18 it came back with a fury. I'm now taking shots every 2 weeks to no avail. Its coming back like it never went away.."

Moon June 17, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Plaque psoriasis started when I was 22 (13 years ago). Used steroid creams but it got to where it covered so much of my body, it was impossible to treat - so I simply maintained. About 18 months ago, I finally decided to get a dermatologist. We started on Otezla and after about 5 months, there was no more improvement (which was very little). After 1 year of Otezla, asked my derm about Cosentyx. We started that March 2018. After the first month of loading doses, I went from about 60% of my body clear to 75% clear. After my May dose, I am now almost 100% clear. It did leave behind discolored areas of skin where the larger plaques were but that is slowly fading away with tanning and continued Cosentyx injections. Easy injectable pens and little to no side effects. Definitely worth considering. "

srtaylorjr June 13, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since I was about six months old, having to lay on a towel from being unable to wear diapers, breaking out in horrible burning rashes from almost anything scented. Years of being subjected to laser therapies, tar shampoos and soaps, oatmeal baths( oatmeal EVERYTHING....don't even get me started on aveeno), all it does is smell good. I have tried vitamins, light therapy, other shots, medications, and nothing would get rid of the growing scaly red flaky patches on my scalp, forehead, ears, and elbows. Side effects I had itching for a few days, bruising from site injections, dizzy for about 30 minuted after dose, but otherwise no complaints. This is a specialty drug. It has to be refrigerated and you have to take two shots once a month, self inject or have a family member do it but they are sensory pens so not too hard or complicated."

Ilovecows3! June 9, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I just started taking Cosentyx. I was on Humara for my psoriatic arthritis which did nothing but make my hair break off and make me extremely tired the day after the injection. The negative to all these drugs is that they suppress your immune system making you more susceptible to other illness. I am struggling at work to type and do simple tasks so I am really hoping the benefits out way the side effects."

Lady (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Cosentyx is working for me and apart from the runny nose for a day to two after taking, I have not had the listed symptoms. However, I have experienced a rapid increase in my allergies and sensitivities to the point where I carry Epipens again and cannot be in a room with peanuts (anaphylaxis). Another strange thing, my periods are so heavy(embarrassingly so) I prefer to be at home and have had to have an iron infusion. As these are not listed side-effects, my specialist is sceptical. There is nothing else to explain these. I am considering whether to get off the drug as the period thing is negatively effecting my life and there not many solutions, however this is the only drug that has worked for me (but for flare ups). Also re painful injection sites - I use relax as much as possible and use lotion on the site after the injection which seems to help with the itches, redness and burning"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started injections on Friday. I've got psoriasis all over body at moment. I took injection out fridge did not inject till room temp but it still stung and burnt. Can anyone help on what to do for comfy injection please :)"

alli (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Not long after starting this medication I ended up being rushed into hospital with a perforated bowel and sepsis. I nearly died due to complications and spent a few weeks on intensive care."

Micklenator (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "After 14 years on other biologics with minimal results and loads of side effects. Cosentyx has changed my life in just 4 months!! For the first time in almost 20 years I have clear skin and wore a short sleeve shirt in public. What an amazing feeling!"

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "In January I felt that Enbrel stopped working for me after years of great relief. Doctor started me on Cosentyx, I have taken the 5 doses of the loading dose and feel horrible! Diarrhea, irritable bowel, terrible mouth sores, light headed, and general malaise. I never had bowel issues before this. Doctor wants me to give it more time (I'm due for an injection this week) but the side effects have thrown my life into a tailspin! I want my Enbrel life back, this is no way to live. I have to plan my work around access to a bathroom in a hurry and I speak funny because the sores all over my tongue hurt while speaking."

Desperate Dan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "It’s an amazing medicine. I’ve tried so many treatments for my psoriasis and they would work only at the beginning, I’ve tried the ointments, the UV lights, the pills and nothing was really good enough for me, plus they had bad side effects. But since I’ve started cosentyx my life got much better , I’m 99% cleared from psoriasis, with only small side effect ( running nose ) which I consider is nothing comparing to previous treatments .. I’m so happy now I feel like I’m a new person just started living my life."

Ally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "So far I have done the 4 loading doses and one monthly dose of the Cosentyx. My body is killing me. Elbows are on fire, fingers are sore and swollen, all of my muscles are killing me. I am trying to give this med 3 months to work as that's what it states, but I'm having a real tough time. I feel like a truck hit me, backed up, and ran me over again. I tried Humira before but that did nothing for me. I was on Remicade infusion and that actually seemed to be working. Then I had my 4th infusion and ended up with the worst sinus and double ear infections I have ever had in my 55 years! Not to mention that after each infusion I came down with a small cold for a few days. So my Dr put me on Cosentyx. He wants me to take 6mp with it but I refuse as this is such a major anti-rejection drug. He doesn't want me to take methotrexate with the Cosentyx for fear of another infection but I would rather take that than the 6mp. Hoping for the best!"

KimL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis for over 35 years last year it came on really bad like never before my first treatment was humira which I had a bad reaction so I stopped taking it. Then I went on Otezla for 8 months with no result then my doctor put me on cosentyx and I'm so grateful because in less then a month I've had such great result compared to 8 months of nothing this is such a miracle drug with no side effects. I'm one satisfied customer thank you."

Anonymous March 27, 2018