User Reviews for Cosentyx

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cosentyx.

Plaque Psoriasis
8.6

Psoriatic Arthritis
2.8

Ankylosing Spondylitis
2.7

Summary of Cosentyx reviews 4.7 42 reviews

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Cleared about 80% of plaques, mild help on arthritis pain. Major hair loss"

Good life November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "After the initial phase I got very sick and my psoriasis has not improved at all. Runny nose ( like really bad) chills, hives, plenty of pimples everywhere and really tired . Hair Follicles infected. Bad medication"

Laika (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "7 year sufferer, 2 1/2 years on UVB and laser therapy. I've only taken 2 shot and I'm noticing a huge difference already. My hands no longer look like I was in a fire and one leg is almost totally clear. So far, no side effects. I had instant side effects with Otezla-from the first dose. I'm giving this an 9 only because of the insurance issue. Even thou they approved Otezla, I'm having a hard time getting Cosentyx approved. Hoping this is my miracle cure."

Shel1119 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I suffered with plaque and even worse painful inverse psoriasis for over 40 years. Through the years I've tried every prescription from ointments, sprays and pills all with mixed results. I started on Cosentyx after 3 weeks the inverse psoriasis was completely clear and 6 weeks the plaques were gone 9 weeks I am completely clear head to toe. My 40 year battle is over."

Scubabear (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have psoriasis and I did not have PSA but my doctor said it was time to start something else because creams and ointments were no longer working. I have good insurance and my doctor started me on Cosentyx samples to start, Novartis was sending me samples at no charge said they would work with my insurance to get it approved, no problem they said if your insurance doesn't cover it you will be covered through us for 2 years. Go ahead and start they said, now that my insurance has declined it twice they want me to sign away all of my Federal Privacy Laws pertaining to my private health information or they will not send me anymore samples. I have 10 biologic shots in me at this time- how do you switch now?!"

bellaclark (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "My husband switched Rheumy's & the new doc felt Remicade was not longer controlling his AS as his C-spine has started to fuse. After 3 months of talking up the benefits of Cosentyx my husband made the switch. Worse decision ever. Quality of life is horrible, he lives in his recliner once again. Back pain severe. Joints swollen, which never happened before. And the worst part 3 bouts of upper respiratory infections, last one is now pneumonia. Doc says at first not the Cosentyx...but it's a side effect I say. Duh. Very disappointed. Hope he can restart Remicade."

butterfly8184 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Excited to be starting this Biologic as hospital team assured me it was really suitable for the effective treatment of my psoriatic arthropathy and psoriasis. By the fourth weekly injection I had had two chest infections and the most horrible urinary tract infection. Three lots of antibiotics and a 7 lb. weightloss due to being so sick, I admitted defeat and didn't take the 5th dose. Admittedly the arthropathy eased slightly during the injection period but this was more likely due to the enforced bed rest due to being so ill than to the effects of the Cosentyx. Goodbye Cosentyx. Going back to Arcoxia."

Xytnesoc1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Very impressed. After four injections my psoriasis is very close to being gone. Still some scarring but itching has stopped. I generally feel much better physically and emotionally."

prebev (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Had much more pain in joints than the any other treatment including methotrexate, Humara, and for a couple years of nothing but Tylenol and Advil. Week 8 and going back to Humara."

Danny l August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Heartbroken"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "@ Thomas Sakowych RE:your comment on Cosentyx use for psoriasis. You stated on 10/31/15 that you had lost your big toe due to osteomyelitis infection. How is that related to the Consentyx? I have toe and nail psoriasis really bad and am beginning Cosentyx. Thank you"

Seahorse02 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on 300 mg shots once a week for six weeks. My plaques are a little thinner but no clearance. I'm also on a topical and mexotrexate. Humira and embrel didn't work either. I'm sad because I got my hopes up 2 years ago when I sought treatment."

Loie05 July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "One week after the 5th loading dose of 300 mg, my lips swelled to twice their normal size, became itchy and then erupted in blisters. My gums became sore, itchy and throbbing. I got a very red eye and began having itching on various other body parts, starting with my toes."

Ettenna July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am not sure yet if it is coincident or not, but shortly after starting Cosentyx, I experienced extreme pain while urinating to the point of even passing blood. I was taken off the medication for approximately 2 months for other medical issue including UTI and started seeing a slight improvement. (at this time we didn't consider that this could be a side effect) I was given the start up dose again because of the gap in treatment and by 3rd shot (start up dose) I was experiencing extreme pain again. I have been taken off the medication again to see if the bladder pain will improve. Not thinking what I am experiencing is worth taking the medication. While on the medication I do not feel there was any improvement to the arthritis pain."

last-Time10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for 1 year. I view it as a miracle drug. Best yet. Most everything cleared up. I know have some coming back on my lower legs which is depressing because I would like to be in shorts all the time. I recently just had an infection in my leg that may have been related. I met with my doctor and I have decided to try Taltz for total clearance. Taltz reviews are an 8 while reviews here are a 9.2. I hope I made the right choice."

mark528 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm thrilled with Cosentyx!! My doctor made me try the other one, Taltz, and I got horrible injection site reactions from it. Cosentyx started clearing my skin after the first injection and by a month, I was almost clear for the first time in years! Swimsuit here I come!! Oh and their plan brings my copay to zero and it's not based on my income. Did I say I love this medicine??"

ClearSkinNow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 30 years. I've used many topical ointments, light therapy, and Embrel. I've also tried many home remedies and recommendations; however, nothing worked to clear my skin and my arthritis got worse. I started Cosentyx and after 3 weekly shots, my skin started clearing, by my second monthly shot, my skin was completely cleared everywhere! My arthritis is already much better after the 3rd monthly shot and hardly noticeable at all. If you are a candidate, I highly recommend this course of therapy. The shots are barely painful (I am a wimp). "

motherhess (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have suffered with this debilitating and embarrassing disease for more than 10 years. Creams, steroids and light therapy made no difference. I am on week 5 of Cosentyx and experienced a severe cold and cough that I could not fight due to the weekend immune system. Other than that this is proving to be a miracle for me. Almost clear! I cannot remember the last time my skin felt soft and itch free. No more flaky scalp and body! I am hoping that the great results continue and wish the best to all other users!"

Rhonda K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I just took my injection yesterday and I'm already seeing some improvement so by the mid-month I should be clear I'm feeling very hopeful I've been dealing with this over 20 years I was on Humira but as most of us know your body gets immune it did work I was on it for maybe over 5 years it did clear it up but for the last couple years my body has resisted it."

RON E. April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I thought that Cosentyx was finally the miracle drug as it cleared me about 100% for a good two years. But now all of a sudden it's starting to flare up on my lower legs out of nowhere...man this is BS. I guess I should be thankful for the couple clear years I had in my life. Back to Earth again I guess. Hopefully the next 2-year miracle drug comes soon. I bet the cure for psoriasis is out there, just like the cure for cancer probably is...but big pharma wouldn't allow that to happen...nope too much money to lose."

jgg122177 April 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Over 20 year sufferer covering a huge percentage of my body. This was the first medication to EVER clear it completely. I know it doesn't work for everybody. Truly a miracle drug and so thankful to have found it."

KenP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Out of nowhere, in my 50s, I developed Plaque psoriasis. The local dermatologists did not seem to know how to help me. I was put on heavy steroids and other medicines that made my life miserable. Muscle aches, unable to sleep and rashes that bled up at the merest touch. I found a specialist in New York City and she is my angel! I was put on Sterela which helped. Then I was then switched over to Cosentyx and my life changed. I am almost 100% cured, as long as I keep taking the injections. The side affects that I've noticed are more frequent cold sores and a stuffy nose. I take Valtrex at the same time I take the injection in the cold sores have stopped. The stuffy nose, I can deal with. This product is a miracle."

Happy Consumer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I have had this aggressive illness since the age of 20. I am now 31 and have been put onto cosentyx. I just had my first injection today and have had less pain and stiffness already. Given that i had tried every other treatment option this was the last form of treatment for Ankylosing spondylitis. No side effects as yet. Hope this treatment is the one. Regards, Posso"

Posso Postans January 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Had psoriasis most of my life starting as a teenager. Tried many things before cosentyx inclding Enbrel and Stelara. After 15 long years of nothing working for me Cosentyx has cleared my body by at least 95%. Very easy to use and thankfully NO side affects at all !!!"

John Denver January 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Experienced headaches, exhaustion and uti symptoms while on this drug. Also several areas of psoriasis seems worse, redder and painful. Did help slightly with accompanying joint pain but not enough to warrant tolerating the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017