User Reviews for Cosentyx

Learn more about Cosentyx.

Plaque Psoriasis 24 reviews 23 medications

8.7
Ankylosing Spondylitis 6 reviews 132 medications

2.7
Psoriatic Arthritis 7 reviews 62 medications

2.3
Summary of Cosentyx reviews 37 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "My husband switched Rheumy's & the new doc felt Remicade was not longer controlling his AS as his C-spine has started to fuse. After 3 months of talking up the benefits of Cosentyx my husband made the switch. Worse decision ever. Quality of life is horrible, he lives in his recliner once again. Back pain severe. Joints swollen, which never happened before. And the worst part 3 bouts of upper respiratory infections, last one is now pneumonia. Doc says at first not the Cosentyx...but it's a side effect I say. Duh. Very disappointed. Hope he can restart Remicade."

butterfly8184 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Excited to be starting this Biologic as hospital team assured me it was really suitable for the effective treatment of my psoriatic arthropathy and psoriasis. By the fourth weekly injection I had had two chest infections and the most horrible urinary tract infection. Three lots of antibiotics and a 7 lb. weightloss due to being so sick, I admitted defeat and didn't take the 5th dose. Admittedly the arthropathy eased slightly during the injection period but this was more likely due to the enforced bed rest due to being so ill than to the effects of the Cosentyx. Goodbye Cosentyx. Going back to Arcoxia."

Xytnesoc1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Very impressed. After four injections my psoriasis is very close to being gone. Still some scarring but itching has stopped. I generally feel much better physically and emotionally."

prebev (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Had much more pain in joints than the any other treatment including methotrexate, Humara, and for a couple years of nothing but Tylenol and Advil. Week 8 and going back to Humara."

Danny l August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Heartbroken"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "@ Thomas Sakowych RE:your comment on Cosentyx use for psoriasis. You stated on 10/31/15 that you had lost your big toe due to osteomyelitis infection. How is that related to the Consentyx? I have toe and nail psoriasis really bad and am beginning Cosentyx. Thank you"

Seahorse02 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on 300 mg shots once a week for six weeks. My plaques are a little thinner but no clearance. I'm also on a topical and mexotrexate. Humira and embrel didn't work either. I'm sad because I got my hopes up 2 years ago when I sought treatment."

Loie05 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "One week after the 5th loading dose of 300 mg, my lips swelled to twice their normal size, became itchy and then erupted in blisters. My gums became sore, itchy and throbbing. I got a very red eye and began having itching on various other body parts, starting with my toes."

Ettenna July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am not sure yet if it is coincident or not, but shortly after starting Cosentyx, I experienced extreme pain while urinating to the point of even passing blood. I was taken off the medication for approximately 2 months for other medical issue including UTI and started seeing a slight improvement. (at this time we didn't consider that this could be a side effect) I was given the start up dose again because of the gap in treatment and by 3rd shot (start up dose) I was experiencing extreme pain again. I have been taken off the medication again to see if the bladder pain will improve. Not thinking what I am experiencing is worth taking the medication. While on the medication I do not feel there was any improvement to the arthritis pain."

last-Time10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for 1 year. I view it as a miracle drug. Best yet. Most everything cleared up. I know have some coming back on my lower legs which is depressing because I would like to be in shorts all the time. I recently just had an infection in my leg that may have been related. I met with my doctor and I have decided to try Taltz for total clearance. Taltz reviews are an 8 while reviews here are a 9.2. I hope I made the right choice."

mark528 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm thrilled with Cosentyx!! My doctor made me try the other one, Taltz, and I got horrible injection site reactions from it. Cosentyx started clearing my skin after the first injection and by a month, I was almost clear for the first time in years! Swimsuit here I come!! Oh and their plan brings my copay to zero and it's not based on my income. Did I say I love this medicine??"

ClearSkinNow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 30 years. I've used many topical ointments, light therapy, and Embrel. I've also tried many home remedies and recommendations; however, nothing worked to clear my skin and my arthritis got worse. I started Cosentyx and after 3 weekly shots, my skin started clearing, by my second monthly shot, my skin was completely cleared everywhere! My arthritis is already much better after the 3rd monthly shot and hardly noticeable at all. If you are a candidate, I highly recommend this course of therapy. The shots are barely painful (I am a wimp). "

motherhess (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have suffered with this debilitating and embarrassing disease for more than 10 years. Creams, steroids and light therapy made no difference. I am on week 5 of Cosentyx and experienced a severe cold and cough that I could not fight due to the weekend immune system. Other than that this is proving to be a miracle for me. Almost clear! I cannot remember the last time my skin felt soft and itch free. No more flaky scalp and body! I am hoping that the great results continue and wish the best to all other users!"

Rhonda K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I just took my injection yesterday and I'm already seeing some improvement so by the mid-month I should be clear I'm feeling very hopeful I've been dealing with this over 20 years I was on Humira but as most of us know your body gets immune it did work I was on it for maybe over 5 years it did clear it up but for the last couple years my body has resisted it."

RON E. April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I thought that Cosentyx was finally the miracle drug as it cleared me about 100% for a good two years. But now all of a sudden it's starting to flare up on my lower legs out of nowhere...man this is BS. I guess I should be thankful for the couple clear years I had in my life. Back to Earth again I guess. Hopefully the next 2-year miracle drug comes soon. I bet the cure for psoriasis is out there, just like the cure for cancer probably is...but big pharma wouldn't allow that to happen...nope too much money to lose."

jgg122177 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Over 20 year sufferer covering a huge percentage of my body. This was the first medication to EVER clear it completely. I know it doesn't work for everybody. Truly a miracle drug and so thankful to have found it."

KenP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Out of nowhere, in my 50s, I developed Plaque psoriasis. The local dermatologists did not seem to know how to help me. I was put on heavy steroids and other medicines that made my life miserable. Muscle aches, unable to sleep and rashes that bled up at the merest touch. I found a specialist in New York City and she is my angel! I was put on Sterela which helped. Then I was then switched over to Cosentyx and my life changed. I am almost 100% cured, as long as I keep taking the injections. The side affects that I've noticed are more frequent cold sores and a stuffy nose. I take Valtrex at the same time I take the injection in the cold sores have stopped. The stuffy nose, I can deal with. This product is a miracle."

Happy Consumer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I have had this aggressive illness since the age of 20. I am now 31 and have been put onto cosentyx. I just had my first injection today and have had less pain and stiffness already. Given that i had tried every other treatment option this was the last form of treatment for Ankylosing spondylitis. No side effects as yet. Hope this treatment is the one. Regards, Posso"

Posso Postans January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Had psoriasis most of my life starting as a teenager. Tried many things before cosentyx inclding Enbrel and Stelara. After 15 long years of nothing working for me Cosentyx has cleared my body by at least 95%. Very easy to use and thankfully NO side affects at all !!!"

John Denver January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Experienced headaches, exhaustion and uti symptoms while on this drug. Also several areas of psoriasis seems worse, redder and painful. Did help slightly with accompanying joint pain but not enough to warrant tolerating the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was given my first two shot booster and nothing happened at all. After 5 weeks with one shot a week I have no improvement at all. Suddenly felt sick and sleepy all the time and got the worst vaginal yeast infection I have ever had a long with urinary tract issues. Not going to continue this treatment. Just glad that my medical insurance didn't pay the 16 thousand dollars that big pharma mercy wanted for a three month treatment!"

Dg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Otezla and Stelara and various topicals over the past 15 years or so. Each medication seemed to reach a plateau as far as effectiveness which is why I moved on to another. I've been on Cosentyx a little less than 2 months and my psoriasis is worse than it's ever been. I spoke with my dermatologist and was told that Cosentyx seems to take a bit of time to see positive results. Their experience has been that right around the third month, improvement is seen. That's the only reason I am staying with it for another month or two. After reading all these glowing comments about having clearer skin in weeks or a month, I'm a little discouraged that my psoriasis has gone 1000% in the other direction."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "After fourth injections started light headed, nausea, feel like diarrhea constant, ear drainage, white stuff in eyes, very tired, sleeping ten to fourteen hours a day. Doctor will not call me back. Don't know what to do!!!!!"

Hopen to feel better. December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Nightmare with this drug. Prescribed it for AS but also suffer from ulcer colitis. Not only did it flare up my colitis but also left me with peripheral joint swelling and pain. My joint pain had previously been extremely well controlled with Humira and Simponi until they lost efficacy. Humira was by far the best medication I have been on."

Ayoobi November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been living with psoriasis for over 20 years. Tried everything from pills to ointments, it help a little but nothing like cosentyx. I am still in the early stages, just finished my weekly shots and I already see a huge improvement. The itch is completely gone and I can see the redness is clearing on a daily bases. Even my arm hair over the plaque has started growing again. I am thankful that I have insurance as I hear it is quite expensive ..10k per dose....I strongly recommend this treatment, it might change your life, it did for me.."

Jpeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016