User Reviews for Cosentyx

Learn more about Cosentyx.

Plaque Psoriasis 22 reviews 22 medications

Ankylosing Spondylitis 5 reviews 131 medications

2.8
Psoriatic Arthritis 5 reviews 61 medications

2.6
Summary of Cosentyx reviews 32 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Cosentyx

For Plaque Psoriasis "@ Thomas Sakowych RE:your comment on Cosentyx use for psoriasis. You stated on 10/31/15 that you had lost your big toe due to osteomyelitis infection. How is that related to the Consentyx? I have toe and nail psoriasis really bad and am beginning Cosentyx. Thank you"

Seahorse02 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on 300 mg shots once a week for six weeks. My plaques are a little thinner but no clearance. I'm also on a topical and mexotrexate. Humira and embrel didn't work either. I'm sad because I got my hopes up 2 years ago when I sought treatment."

Loie05 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "One week after the 5th loading dose of 300 mg, my lips swelled to twice their normal size, became itchy and then erupted in blisters. My gums became sore, itchy and throbbing. I got a very red eye and began having itching on various other body parts, starting with my toes."

Ettenna July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am not sure yet if it is coincident or not, but shortly after starting Cosentyx, I experienced extreme pain while urinating to the point of even passing blood. I was taken off the medication for approximately 2 months for other medical issue including UTI and started seeing a slight improvement. (at this time we didn't consider that this could be a side effect) I was given the start up dose again because of the gap in treatment and by 3rd shot (start up dose) I was experiencing extreme pain again. I have been taken off the medication again to see if the bladder pain will improve. Not thinking what I am experiencing is worth taking the medication. While on the medication I do not feel there was any improvement to the arthritis pain."

last-Time10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for 1 year. I view it as a miracle drug. Best yet. Most everything cleared up. I know have some coming back on my lower legs which is depressing because I would like to be in shorts all the time. I recently just had an infection in my leg that may have been related. I met with my doctor and I have decided to try Taltz for total clearance. Taltz reviews are an 8 while reviews here are a 9.2. I hope I made the right choice."

mark528 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm thrilled with Cosentyx!! My doctor made me try the other one, Taltz, and I got horrible injection site reactions from it. Cosentyx started clearing my skin after the first injection and by a month, I was almost clear for the first time in years! Swimsuit here I come!! Oh and their plan brings my copay to zero and it's not based on my income. Did I say I love this medicine??"

ClearSkinNow (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 30 years. I've used many topical ointments, light therapy, and Embrel. I've also tried many home remedies and recommendations; however, nothing worked to clear my skin and my arthritis got worse. I started Cosentyx and after 3 weekly shots, my skin started clearing, by my second monthly shot, my skin was completely cleared everywhere! My arthritis is already much better after the 3rd monthly shot and hardly noticeable at all. If you are a candidate, I highly recommend this course of therapy. The shots are barely painful (I am a wimp). "

motherhess (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have suffered with this debilitating and embarrassing disease for more than 10 years. Creams, steroids and light therapy made no difference. I am on week 5 of Cosentyx and experienced a severe cold and cough that I could not fight due to the weekend immune system. Other than that this is proving to be a miracle for me. Almost clear! I cannot remember the last time my skin felt soft and itch free. No more flaky scalp and body! I am hoping that the great results continue and wish the best to all other users!"

Rhonda K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I just took my injection yesterday and I'm already seeing some improvement so by the mid-month I should be clear I'm feeling very hopeful I've been dealing with this over 20 years I was on Humira but as most of us know your body gets immune it did work I was on it for maybe over 5 years it did clear it up but for the last couple years my body has resisted it."

RON E. April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I thought that Cosentyx was finally the miracle drug as it cleared me about 100% for a good two years. But now all of a sudden it's starting to flare up on my lower legs out of nowhere...man this is BS. I guess I should be thankful for the couple clear years I had in my life. Back to Earth again I guess. Hopefully the next 2-year miracle drug comes soon. I bet the cure for psoriasis is out there, just like the cure for cancer probably is...but big pharma wouldn't allow that to happen...nope too much money to lose."

jgg122177 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Over 20 year sufferer covering a huge percentage of my body. This was the first medication to EVER clear it completely. I know it doesn't work for everybody. Truly a miracle drug and so thankful to have found it."

KenP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Out of nowhere, in my 50s, I developed Plaque psoriasis. The local dermatologists did not seem to know how to help me. I was put on heavy steroids and other medicines that made my life miserable. Muscle aches, unable to sleep and rashes that bled up at the merest touch. I found a specialist in New York City and she is my angel! I was put on Sterela which helped. Then I was then switched over to Cosentyx and my life changed. I am almost 100% cured, as long as I keep taking the injections. The side affects that I've noticed are more frequent cold sores and a stuffy nose. I take Valtrex at the same time I take the injection in the cold sores have stopped. The stuffy nose, I can deal with. This product is a miracle."

Happy Consumer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I have had this aggressive illness since the age of 20. I am now 31 and have been put onto cosentyx. I just had my first injection today and have had less pain and stiffness already. Given that i had tried every other treatment option this was the last form of treatment for Ankylosing spondylitis. No side effects as yet. Hope this treatment is the one. Regards, Posso"

Posso Postans January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Had psoriasis most of my life starting as a teenager. Tried many things before cosentyx inclding Enbrel and Stelara. After 15 long years of nothing working for me Cosentyx has cleared my body by at least 95%. Very easy to use and thankfully NO side affects at all !!!"

John Denver January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Experienced headaches, exhaustion and uti symptoms while on this drug. Also several areas of psoriasis seems worse, redder and painful. Did help slightly with accompanying joint pain but not enough to warrant tolerating the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was given my first two shot booster and nothing happened at all. After 5 weeks with one shot a week I have no improvement at all. Suddenly felt sick and sleepy all the time and got the worst vaginal yeast infection I have ever had a long with urinary tract issues. Not going to continue this treatment. Just glad that my medical insurance didn't pay the 16 thousand dollars that big pharma mercy wanted for a three month treatment!"

Dg63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Otezla and Stelara and various topicals over the past 15 years or so. Each medication seemed to reach a plateau as far as effectiveness which is why I moved on to another. I've been on Cosentyx a little less than 2 months and my psoriasis is worse than it's ever been. I spoke with my dermatologist and was told that Cosentyx seems to take a bit of time to see positive results. Their experience has been that right around the third month, improvement is seen. That's the only reason I am staying with it for another month or two. After reading all these glowing comments about having clearer skin in weeks or a month, I'm a little discouraged that my psoriasis has gone 1000% in the other direction."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "After fourth injections started light headed, nausea, feel like diarrhea constant, ear drainage, white stuff in eyes, very tired, sleeping ten to fourteen hours a day. Doctor will not call me back. Don't know what to do!!!!!"

Hopen to feel better. December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Nightmare with this drug. Prescribed it for AS but also suffer from ulcer colitis. Not only did it flare up my colitis but also left me with peripheral joint swelling and pain. My joint pain had previously been extremely well controlled with Humira and Simponi until they lost efficacy. Humira was by far the best medication I have been on."

Ayoobi November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been living with psoriasis for over 20 years. Tried everything from pills to ointments, it help a little but nothing like cosentyx. I am still in the early stages, just finished my weekly shots and I already see a huge improvement. The itch is completely gone and I can see the redness is clearing on a daily bases. Even my arm hair over the plaque has started growing again. I am thankful that I have insurance as I hear it is quite expensive ..10k per dose....I strongly recommend this treatment, it might change your life, it did for me.."

Jpeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I finished the loading dose with no improvement. My Dr upped me to 300 mg. I'm on month 4, I'm very fatigued and still in pain so I'm not impressed with it. I'm also experiencing mouth sores."

AS'er November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been taking this medication with the study for over 2 years for severe psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis has disappeared. I rarely have outbreaks and if I do they are small and disappear within weeks. For psoriatic arthritis, I would rate it lower, around a 7, because I still have to take a d-mard each month along with 300 MG monthly of cosentyx . Still, this is an impressive medication for people with severe psoriasis arthritis. I was barely walking when I started this study and now people ask why I have a handicapped tag. That massive improvement is due, in part, to this medication. It took about 3 months to feel the total effects for the arthritis and there was a noticeable difference taking 300 MG instead of 150 mg."

Too Young to feel so old (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've finished the 5 week loading dose 3 weeks ago. It is not working for Ankylosing Spondylitis. I am very disappointed. My Dr is upping my dose to 300 mg and I hope that will work."

AS'er (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Cosentyx for about 3 and a half weeks now and my psoriasis has improved I would say by 80%!!! All the plaque is now flat against my skin (meaning, if I close my eyes and rub my arm, I cannot feel any areas of plaque). All that remains is the discoloration from the plaques which are slowly fading as well because I go to the tanning booth to tan. I have experienced NO side effects at all, in fact the skin on my face is also glowing and radiant. After suffering from psoriasis for over 10 years my body had become immune to Clobetesol and Humaira really didn't work for me, but Cosentyx has been GOD SENT! I would recommend and hope that this work for anyone and the best thing for me has been the quick improvement >30 days!"

Anonymous August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking the med for two months and I have as of yet had any recognizable side effects and the med seems to exacerbate the reason I'm taking it for, the pain and psoriasis symptoms. So far I can say OK."

Sammy mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016