User Reviews for Cosentyx

Ankylosing Spondylitis 3.6
Summary of Cosentyx reviews 6.2 155 reviews

Reviews for Cosentyx

TeeC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 19, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I have been on Cosentyx for 5+ years and have never had a flare up. I still have some psoriasis on my ears and one tiny spot on my derriere which can be taken care of if I put a little cream on those spots.”

Megs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2020

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I've tried Enbrel with no change in inflammatory markers. I was on it for 3 months. I started Cosentyx single injections and my markers went sky high. I was put onto a double injection and my markers went down significantly. I don't feel any relief from pain, never have with any of the millions of things I've been prescribed. But all in all I've had a positive experience with cosentyx. Just wish I could get some help with my pain levels. I have just turned 31, and I feel as though I'm trapped in the body of an 80 year old. Somedays I really struggle with my diagnosis.”

Holly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have had psoriasis since the sixth grade. I am 60 now and have endured psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for the past 7 years. The pain and fatigue are debilitating. I tried Methotrexate, my hair fell out and my liver got messed up. Doc put me on Humira, no help. Started Cosentyx 6 months ago. Started at 150 mg now up to 300 mg. At first everything was great. I thought I had found my cure. Unfortunately my psoriasis is starting to flare. I have spots by my ears, my neck, the middle of my back and my upper arm. I am miserable. I’m asking my dr for a referral. I’m desperate”

NHGAL · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Injection 1 caused a hive over my eyebrow, wasn't sure if it was a mosquito bite, injection 2 hives all over my arms, back, leg and my throat started to close. Antihistamines were taken BEFORE I injected and the hives lasted 3 days! Please have antihistamines nearby.”

Beth · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “So, I previously left a review for Stelara - which I had stopped and then had a full blown inflammatory response in my body-joints, tendons, spine, and scalp psoriasis. I since started Cosentyx. I have done the five loading doses (300mg - 2 injections) and I honestly feel 10 x better. I felt so debilitated in the previous state. (I'm in my 30's and very active so debility should not be in my vocab). I still have a little residual arthritis in my hips and tendons but I think it will clear after a while *Fingers Crossed*. It supposed to take anywhere between 12-16 weeks to fully take effect so I have got time to be patient. IF not a little Tylenol and Aleve daily have been working well. I do not feel fatigued as I did with Stelara. I do get a random nasal drip but its manageable compared to the alternative. So I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I probably have to take a biologic for the rest of my life to function normal but if it works, I'm happy. I will up date as time goes on.”

GingerBeard May 17, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I’m now 40 and I just started to have psoriasis at 36. I started Cosentyx in February and it’s now May and the plaques have lightened a lot but haven’t went completely away. My biggest concern is that I’ve been actively working hard to lose weight since November and had lost close to 35lbs when I started Cosentyx. I’ve been on a strict diet since November and exercise program working out 5 to 6 days a week starting January. February I started the starter doses of 2 shots a week for 4 weeks of Cosentyx, I’ve gained the entire amount of weight back mainly in my midsection, regardless of how much I try to lose. I’ve taken the monthly dose now for 2 months and keep gaining. I’ve talked to my dermatologist about it and he just keeps referring to the companies claim it doesn’t cause weight gain. I disagree because that’s the only thing that’s changed in my regiment. I think I’m going to stop taking. I’d deal with the psoriasis than to keep gaining.”

TC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I was in so much in pain. I was having a very hard to to get up from a chair. There are times someone had to help me up because I could not do it at all. I am in my 30s there are times I felt embarrassed to get help getting out of the chair. I got diagnose with AS in December. I started Cosentyx in February 2020. I been on Cosentyx going on three months. I feel like I have my life back. I do yoga and I am trying to do Pilates. I am finally free from the pain!”

Suz · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have been on Cosentyx for over 6 years now after trying enbrel, methotrexate and a 3 year stint in a clinical trial. It has done wonders for me. My skin is 97% clear. I do have 3 tiny patches but I am okay with that. I am not hiding and have more self esteem, I sleep better at night, no more cracking skin and blood spots on my sheets or clothing. I have had PSA for almost 20 years. I know when I get sick (I had strep throats last year) my skin cracks up so I try to keep healthy. Does anyone know if I can still use Costenyx if I get pregnant? My joints are manageable now as well. I love this life saving drug!!!”

Annie March 17, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have mild to moderate psoriasis, mainly on my knees, elbows and lower legs. I started Cosentyx in May of 2019. Within two weeks my psoriasis was clear! BUT I noticed my sinuses were awful and I’ve never had sinus problems before and I just generally felt bad. I decided to stop cosentyx in September of 2019. Since then I’ve had the worst flare up ever in my life. My legs are covered and now my forearms and scalp. I regret getting on cosentyx and honestly wished I would have just stayed in the tanning beds.”

Cam13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “After Humira stopped working for my psoriasis I was switched to cosentyx. Within a month my symptoms had almost completely disappeared. 2 years later my skin is completely clear. It has changed my life. Thank you.”

mrsjenn · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I've had plaque psoriasis for about 5 years now, had it on my scalp as a child and it laid dormant until I turned 30 then BOOM covered in plaques all over. Was prescribed methotrexate originally in low doses which helped but never got me clear. Then slowly my doses had to be increased just to keep me somewhat controlled. I begged my Dr to let me try the newer meds (biologics), he was old school and insisted we stick with the old drugs. I was given a referral to a new dermatologist and thank God for him! Within the first week of my loading doses, my skin began to clear and also feel "normal". Those with psoriasis know how you feel it coming on just under the skin. I'm about to take my 4th loading dose and all that's left is the red areas where my bad plaques were. Every time I shower and exfoliate, they get lighter and fade more and more. The only side effects I've had are feeling slightly jittery directly after my injection and feeling tired. To curb that, I take my shots at bedtime now.”

SteveS February 3, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I took Cosentyx for severe psoriasis beginning in February, 2019. I saw good results, with est. 80% plaque clear up in under 4 weeks. However, within the first 6 weeks I developed new onset Crohn's disease. Nobody in my family has a history of IBS. I lost almost half my body weight, suffered severe pain, bleeding, and missed months of work. The doctor doing my colonoscopy couldn't even get a 3rd of the way in without harming me. I'm not alone in this experience there are other people who have had this experience. Novartis' website still claims that new onset Crohn's or IBS is not possible. I am now on Remicade supported by a high weekly dose of methotrxate, just to avoid having a flare up. I have not had a flare up since stopping Cosentyx. The risk of severe, violent crohns is not worth using this drug.”

Biz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 30, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Have been on Cosentyx for almost a year and wondering if anyone else may have experienced vision problems after taking this drug? I am 43 years old and had an “eye stroke” called BRVO in one eye, which is very uncommon for someone my age. I also have a lot of eye twitching. My ALT & AST enzymes have also been elevated while taking Cosentyx. Thank you in advance for your feedback.”

Red · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I was taking methotrexate for my psoriasis on my hands for several months and my hands were almost clean but I felt like I had the flu all the time so I started using Cosentyx and after 6 weeks my fingers are splitting again and they are in worse shape than before I started taking the methotrexate. I don’t want to go back to methotrexate!”

Tim · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I think these reviews need to be taken in context...most people rarely post positive comments about drugs, they are just to busy getting on with there lives, the people who have negative reactions are far more likely to post (and I feel deeply sorry for those for who it has not worked for) For me it’s been a life changer...I was on anti inflammatory meds, and sulfazalazine before, no anti-tnf. I started to feel better within 4-5 weeks of first injections (taken weekly). Now...no more aches and pains...no stiffness..this literally has been a miracle cure for me. I think it’s much more effective if you haven’t been on anti-tnf or similar before.”

Mr Lee · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 20, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I liked using Cosentyx for its effectiveness and convenience.”

Lj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I’ve been on Cosentyx for about 8 months for PsA. About 4 months in my right eye started twitching. My rheumatologist said it was due to me being overly tired or under a great deal of stress. Neither of which I am. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Overall it has helped my PsA but the twitching is very annoying!”

Miami attorney · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 17, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Truly a miracle drug for me. 50 yrs old. Had some plaques but not many. One large one on my right ankle. Got strep throat and it literally took over 90% of my body. Developed left hand joint pain and swelling. Got put straight onto Cosentyx (300 mg/2 pens). Been on it for 9 months now and I am entirely clear with zero side effects. It took a solid 3 months before it was entirely gone. But honestly, this particular biologic has been nothing short of a miracle for me.”

Mr Peep · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “So far so good some minor skin irritation but considering acne and psoriasis most of my life that ain't nothing. We will see long term.....”

Lucy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “This is my 3rd failed biologic. I am at week 12 and not only am I breaking out with new spots but itch is intense. The spots on my hands hurt really bad. I don't think I will be on cosentyx much longer.”

Aiden · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “This medication caused me serious bowel complications. My primary care physician took me off the medication immediately. I've been free of bowel issues since that time.”

BadHealth56 December 13, 2019

For Psoriasis: “Tried this for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, severe psoriasis. Initially got worse, especially psoriasis. After 3 injections I started to feel better, psoriasis was going away. Only side effect was minor nausea. After a few months my psoriasis cleared up completely. Psoriasis that covered over 80% of my body. Gone. Then the issues. Joint pain, severe fatigue set in. I'm not sure if fatigue was med related or disease related. After not tolerating pain, after 6 months I was off the drug on to the next. I have been on remicade, humara, cosentyx, simponi aria, and now cimzia. Remicade was by far the best but after many years I developed antibodies. All these drugs failed. I'm now on cimzia we will see... All biologics work different for people! Remember that! What may work for you may not work for others. If you had side effects that doesn't others will. If you have psoriasis-psoriatic arthritis, I would skip everything and try cosentyx.”

gojiracat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 20, 2019

For Psoriasis: “I have use cosentyx for 7 months . my rash /redness around my back and belly is gone. The red area around my upper legs was 90% gone have had a return of sores/rough skin covering about 20% of cleared area. My shedding/flaking went away but had started to return. the heavy duty scaling on shins never went away fully and now is back with a vengeance . head and ears cleared up nicely no redness or shedding. If this was the only drug out there I would still use it but I am going to try one of the new drugs when my insurance says they will cover it partially .”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2019

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I just completed my 5th weekly dosing of 300 mg. Now will be going monthly. My pain has decreased at least 80%. At this point, the medication has changed my significantly. Hoping going forward the results will be the same!”

Beachmom November 11, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I started Cosentyx after my Dermatologist did a biopsy on 2 spots & it came back psoriasis. She also suspected psoriatic arthritis due to my complaints of joint pain. After expensive lab work to check for TB/hepatitis, I was started on the 5 week starting dose of Cosentyx @ 300mg/week. After week 3-4 I noticed more sinus trouble than normal, developed an acne like rash on both sides of chest, psoriasis developed in ears/lobes, and scalp worsened. It did not do a thing for me & I do regret taking it. I found a new dermatologist who told me to d/c Cosentyx, gave me topicals & wants me to start Humira to treat PA and psoriasis. I’m nervous due to the reaction & lower immunity but told I need to treat PA or joints will worsen. For years of not knowing I had psoriasis, then getting diagnosis & treatment has been life altering. I feel the Cosentyx made things worse & was not for me.”