Cosentyx Side Effects
Generic Name: secukinumab
Note: This document contains side effect information about secukinumab. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Cosentyx.
Common side effects of Cosentyx include: infection and nasopharyngitis. Other side effects include: diarrhea. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to secukinumab: subcutaneous powder for solution, subcutaneous solution
Along with its needed effects, secukinumab (the active ingredient contained in Cosentyx) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking secukinumab:More common
- Body aches or pain
- difficulty with breathing
- ear congestion
- hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- loss of voice
- redness of the skin
- difficulty with swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- rectal bleeding
- severe diarrhea
- severe stomach pain
- tightness in the chest
- weight loss
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to secukinumab: subcutaneous powder for injection, subcutaneous solution
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Immunogenicity
Frequency not reported: Candida infections, herpes viral infections, staphylococcal skin infections, infections requiring treatment (increased as serum concentration of this drug is increased), neutropenia[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Neutropenia[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. "Product Information. Cosentyx (secukinumab)." Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Cosentyx (secukinumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 60 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: interleukin inhibitors
- Cosentyx 300 Dose
- Cosentyx Sensoready 300 Dose
- Cosentyx Sensoready Pen
- Cosentyx (Advanced Reading)