User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.3

Summary of Otezla reviews 5.4 253 reviews

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "I hated this drug! I made me feel depressed, feel sick, and tired all the time! I would rather have what it is supposed to temporarily relieve symptoms of- than to go through all of the side effects. why do the pharmaceutical corporations always try just try to rent us reductions to symptoms rather than cure the problem? One word; "Profit!""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "1 year on Otezla and my TSA, ALT, and glucose levels have all doubled. While Otezla does not indicate the need to have monthly liver tests I strongly encourage anybody starting to take this medication to discuss with their doctor getting baseline and reoccurring blood work done for at least the first year. I started Otezla in July of 2017. The reasons for taking it was to treat psoriasis of the nails, dactylitis (swollen fingers), and a few stubborn psoriasis patches in the hair line, in ear, and a patch of inverse psoriasis. Pros: Dactylitis gone in a month, 1 year nail psoriasis improved 60%. I still have psoriasis patches but they are smaller and less frequent. There is slight reduction in inverse psoriasis. Cons: TSA, ALT and glucose levels doubled in a year. Bowel movements occur within an hour after eating anything and really any other time of day including waking you up in the middle of the night."

middle aged guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Wow, I guess I have been living in a bubble. I am stunned to read some of these negative comments. I have been on Otezla for over a couple years now. After the initial common short-term side effects, I have had continuous 90 to 95% clear skin. Psoriasis used to control so much of my life, keeping my dry patches covered in public. Now I just wear whatever I want. No more long sleeves all summer and I can wear sandals again. For me Otezla equals freedom. I am so grateful!"

NoelNoel (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Rashes in crotch area for at least 5 years. Rash on chest for decades. Acne for 55 years. Scaly patches on arms, legs, back for 10-15 years. Pitted dry fingernails for 30 years. Dry eyes, dry mouth. Dupuytren’s Contracture for several- maybe 5-10 years. Lower back pain for over 40 years. Severed shoulder tendon. Both Achilles Tendons sore. In the past 40 years only have had 2 or 3 pain free days. I have read 4 pages of reviews. My heart goes out to you all. To us all. This is an unpredictable disease. Yesterday was day 4, 20mg + 20 mg and I had marked relief in hand and finger pain. Although swelling has not abated. I had a mild and short-lived headache, and mild but longer lived stomach pain. Today I awoke with more swelling in my fingers than ever, painful- but not more pain than ever. I took 20mg + 30 mg today. Swelling and pain both decreasing as the day wears on. Mild stomach pain - short lived. Stronger and longer headaches, but easily tolerable."

GoSox1 August 7, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had very mild psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis and was put on Humira about 10 years ago. I thought I might have been in remission so I stopped. After 18 months, I finally went back to the Dr and she suggested Otezla. I started otezla about 11 weeks ago. I only had mild stomach issues. I wanted to lose weight so that side effect was welcome (lost 20lb), I found my appetite was greatly reduced. 5 weeks in my joint pain was getting better but I developed the worst upper respiratory problem that I ever had. I do not get sick typically - even while on Humira. It was really bad for about a week but it is now 5 weeks into this upper respiratory issue and it continues to linger - I'm taking both Sudafed and Mucinex dm so the symptoms are milder (a mild cough, ears plug up off and on). I have not read many people who had upper respiratory reactions. I still have about 3 weeks until I reach the full efficacy point so I think I will stick it out for the time being."

john_r July 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "When I first started taking Otezla I was skeptical, but after 2 months I could really see improvement. Now after 5 months, my psoriasis started getting worse than before. I had outbreaks in new areas and flare ups from old. I had hoped it would work, but I was wrong."

Jimbo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I got psoriasis at age 29. Plaque psoriasis all over scalp and spots all over body except my hands and feet. I started Otezla at age 31. I took this medicine for 4 months. It was awful. I stuck through the nausea because I figured it would be worth it if it helped my psoriasis. It did nothing for my psoriasis, not even in the slightest. After 4 months, I decided it was either have psoriasis and be nauseous a few hours every day or have psoriasis and not be nauseous. I stopped taking Otezla at that time. I would never recommend this medication to anyone."

Phoenix2012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on this pill Otezla for 3 months for plaque psoriasis on the soles of my feet only. Absolutely no improvement. In fact, worse since I stopped. My neck is itchy and red now. Hope it's not psoriasis. I never had it there before. Seems like a scam. Will now try Humira after wasting 3 months of my life on hold waiting for Otezla to work."

Sandra M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on otezla for only a month it has taken the pain from my fingers and elbows away. It is starting to work on my plaque psoriaisis I have had psoriasis for 56 years. I'm 73 now otezla is working the best out of anything else I have tried. I had very few side affects just a little nausea not much I sure hope it keeps working"

rml313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "From the start I had joint pain. I needed a couple of advil every day. The stiffness is slowly increasing also. It's been 5 months. We are now going to try something else. I go to the bathroom 3 times a day. My stomach is very upset after taking the pill for 3 hours. My stomach is getting worse. I have a yogurt everyday and avoid disruptive foods. My teeth hurt. At first they woke me up during the nite and I had to have advil for the pain. Now it is mild a couple times a week. My psoriasis has completely disappeared thats the good."

CHANCE (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medication has horrible side affects. Luckilythe side effects, only lasted for 2 weeks for myself before they settled down. Unfortunately Otezla medication has zero effect on my condition."

Beatdown (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I began seeing a dermatologist after a bad experience with an esthetician. My skin along my hairline face and ears was scaling and peeling horribly. I had my first appointment and the doctor immediately told me I had psoriasis and skin infection. I never had any issues with my skin other than normal acne. I was prescribed a lot of medication to get it under control. Otezela was one of them. I have been taking almost three months and have seen significant improvements in the areas that I mentioned above. With that being said I have seen breakouts in areas that I did not have before and they seem to be getting worse. These areas are thighs, left arm and my back. I know no pill is perfect and am extremely happy with the results in original area, but do not want new problem areas. I will be scheduling another appointment with my dermatologist before my body get dependent on this drug."

Aquarius (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I saw nearly 40% clearance within a week of taking Otezla. I went from looking like a burn victim to having clear beautiful skin that wasn't cracking and bleeding. It's amazing. and I have never had a better experience. Humira and Methotrexate did not help me at all, no movement, this is the first drug to change my entire body, or make any change at all. So thankful."

Amy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been on otezla for about 3 months now with no results what so ever. I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. If my body didn't start rejecting humira I'd still be on Humira ."

Tirekingdv88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I took Otezla for two years it did help to a degree but I still had to use clobetasol cream along with it for a decent result. For the past year I have had 5 sinus infections which my doctor picked up on was from Otezla. Found out chronic sinusitis is a common side effect of the drug. We decided it was not worth it and I did have a bad flare when I stopped using it and took a month to get it under control. One thing I did not realize is how fatigue inducing this drug is. After I stopped taking it my energy levels came up over a few weeks and I feel great now. My psoriasis is a little worse without the Otezla but not to much."

Tim (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been on Otezla about 9 months. Got through all the startup side effects with tolerable issues. Had been on biologics 12 years with great results, but lowered immune system and frequent UTI’s. Being over 70, I felt Otezla would be safer. Now I am having one of the worst flares of scalp and forehead thick plaques ever in 53 years. Calling Dr. to see what to do next."

GP May 10, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Coming off enbrel after 14 years I had numerous bouts with kidney stones. Then most recently last year I had numerous blood clots in the leg I gave myself shots in. Asked my PA about any other drugs. He suggested Otezla. I have been on it for 3 months and my legs feet toes ankles and Achilles ligaments have continually been in pain switching from day to day and am currently barely able to walk. I am a very good bowler and bowl in highly competitive competitions. I have gotten to the competition and couldn't even move . I never know from day to day if I will be able to compete or not. It costs hundreds of dollars to compete and I have not even come close to being competitive at any . I have had to withdraw from some because of the pain I'm in."

Dennis (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Awful. I was on Otezla for Behçets syndrome (as an experimental treatment). I had depression, GI issues, severe fatigue & no relief of symptoms while on it. After 4 months of suffering and still flaring I stopped the medication. My skin has now become flaky and really itchy! My skin was always fine before this. I’ve heard it worked for some Behçets patients but never worked for me."

Behcets babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I really wanted Otezla to work. I've stuck with it for five months now with ZERO result on my skin. I've pushed through the fatigue, headaches, generally feeling down, total apathy and weight gain. Yes you heard that right, I of course did not LOSE weight on Otezla. I've gained a huge swollen pot belly. This despite working out with a personal trainer and eating the same as before. My dermatologist confessed to me that that the REAL numbers for those helped by Otezla is closer to 20%. The other 80% of people see absolutely no change whatsoever. I appear to be among the latter group. I wish that information on this drug was more accurate. I also wonder at encouraging people to stay on this drug for six months. I've yet to hear from anyone who said it took that long to kick in. I'm starting to suspect that it's really all about sales. If anyone here has been on it for six months before seeing any results I'd be really interested to hear about it."

Ishmoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Within a month of taking otezla my psoriasis had thinned so much there were no scales left on it at all. I did have some digestive issues so after 3 months my doctor took me off of it. The problem I had was that after I stopped taking it, it came back and it showed in places on my body that I had never had it before so it came back even worse."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "had upset stomach for 5 days but it went away. No other side effects. I took about 6 months to get the same level of clearance as Humira, which I was on before. no needles no infections no labs essentially, I got clearance with zero side effects good luck to all"

Tom April 18, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am considering Otezla for my Psoriatic Arthritis, but after reading these reviews I wanted to share something that some of you may find helpful. There is a book entitled "The Great Arthritis Breakthrough" in which the author cites several studies that have attributed many cases of arthritis to bacteria and tests confirmed that a daily low dose of Minocycline antibiotic fended off the arthritis. I tried this regimen and found that it did work great for arthritis, however it did nothing for the Psoriasis. But seriously, if you are in pain like I was, this is worth it. I took Minocycline for about 2 years and then stopped and have have been off of it for two years now. I am only now starting to have a little inflammation in my right middle finger. Anyway, I wanted to share this in case others might find it useful."

davegerard (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla has side effects. Personally, I would have to run to the restroom constantly, even telling my kids to pee outside so I could get to the potty first. After a while my body adjusted. Otezla completely cured my physical symptoms. However, it caused a disturbing depression problem. I ran out when my doc was switching facilities. I was given the option to speak with a different doctor and resume... But at that point I had been off the med long enough to see happiness again. I've been on otezla for a long while... About the same amount of time I've been dealing with extreme depression. Since running out, my psoriasis has come back 10 fold. But, I can play with kids like I used to and am 100 percent happier despite the physical ramifications. I'm looking into alternatives now. Best of luck to everyone else."

Ash (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otherwise healthy 50+ year old guy who's had this for 30+ years. Like every other drug I've tried, it works for a while, then it doesn't. Mine worked great for 2 weeks, kinda worked for maybe 2 more weeks, then it all came back worse than before. I had stomach aches after taking it and resorted to "Tums", acid reflux meds, and eating something when taking the med. Moving on to something else after 6-7 weeks."

geek49203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Though I had no side effects when taking other biologics - or any meds - I had terrible respiratory stuff while on this so went off after a week or so. The way they tested it didn't allow me to know what to expect as they seemed they have data only at a 4 month or so mark. I wouldn't recommend it."

syb March 29, 2018