User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 65 reviews 61 medications

5.4
Summary of Otezla reviews 182 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Otezla

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Since the first pill on Otezla I started to get severe sinus headaches that could not be remedied by Tylenol or Advil. Nasal congestion began shortly after that as did steady head pain. I am now 7 days on the pills and I stopping due to these headaches, loose bowel movements, sinus congestion and pain, headaches and most importantly INSOMNIA!! I have been up 2 days straight and have stopped these pills last night. Since being on these pills I have not slept more than 2 hrs per night if at all. My foot pain has been lessened as well as the pain in my fingers but the side effects are just not worth it. Still getting sharp pains in my toes and difficulty with hip joint and knees while I did not have before starting Otezla. Not the drug for me!"

cdep July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Humira for several years, and it worked great. Eventually though, my body started making antibodies against the Humira, and it started working with less efficacy. I then switched to Otezla. I once did a trial study of a pill version of a ps med (the only one I had ever heard of at the time), and it worked great, so I was pretty hopeful as I started Otezla. For me, I could literally feel the Humira leaving my body. For those of you with bad ps, I started feeling those pins and needles again. I gave Otezla almost 6 months before calling my Rheum doc and asking if I could try something else and here I am. I'm not scaling a ton, but I'm constantly itchy (hard to sleep). I've tried a lot and some have worked. For me, Otezla doesn't."

Big Jon 42 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am technically taking this for reactive arthritis, that I have struggled with on and off for 15 years. Most recently on a 4 year stint, where I have been talking steroids. The idea was that this would allow me to get off of steroids. It took a few months to seem to help, but now (6 months) I have been weening off the steroids. In the beginning I experienced migraines, which I never had before, about 2 per week, Now about 1 per month. I also regularly experience diarrhea, not having to go more often, but lose stool when I do. Annoying but tolerable. It also seems to work as an appetite suppressant, which is positive side effect for me at 40 yrs old lost about 8 lbs so far. So overall pretty good med now that migraines are less."

activatedvoxel July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Major nasal congestion and outbreaks in hives it's not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on and off otezla for a year-and-a-half now. I took it for about four months with horrible upset stomach. I did see improvement with my plaque psoriasis on my knees and elbows. I quit otezla because it made my stomach so upset. My psoriasis came back worse than ever. Which freaked me out. Most other medications have even worse side effects so I chose to try otezla again. I have now been back on otezla for about a year. My plaque psoriasis is 75% clear. If I do not stay on a rigid Regiment of taking my pills twice a day my psoriasis immediately comes back worse and my stomach will become upset again. Still not sure what I think of otezla."

earlybirdrobin June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Thank you Celgene for creating such a wonderful medicine. I have been using it for a year and it has really lessened the effects of my plaque psoriasis. As an added benefit, it has helped me to lose weight, and I no long crave sweets! It's an all-round wonderful thing!"

Wonderful medicine June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was on Otezla for 4 months. Absolutely no improvement, and side effects were dreadful...splitting migraine headaches daily, chronic diarrhea, depression. I would never consider taking this medication again."

Neal C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "My dr gave me samples and within a month, I was almost clear with no side effects. However, My co pay for Otetzla is $ 1,352.00 per month which is totally unaffordable. I was denied financial assistance, because I was a little over income. I am on Medicare plus supplementals and never thought that at this stage in my life I would be unable to afford my medication. Due to breast cancer, the other meds on the market are not suitable. If anyone has any idea what to do next, I would appreciate it. Otetzla is a great product - but unaffordable. Their customer service dept was stone cold in denying my plea for help."

Anonymous June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking otezla for five months with no improvement in my psoriatic arthritis. I had minor psoriasis plaques on my elbows. It is definitely clearer. My joints have shown no improvement. I have lost a considerable amount of weight while on otezla and am now quite underweight. I will have to discontinue the drug because of the weight loss and the fact that it has done nothing for the arthritis."

spareribs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Slow but steady results... Plaques are significantly reduced but whole areas of plaques are left slightly pink. I have new plaques in areas I have never had them before. Hands, forearms and biceps. They are small but a little unsightly due to the location. Whilst the initial titration of the Otezla was generally easy. The maintenance of 30 mg, twice per day is just simply unbearable. I am an up-beat, happy and balanced individual but after 40 days, I started noticing a slight inability to make clear decisions and felt generally gloomy. I also was noticing a lack of happy thoughts and feeling continually malaise. After my family asked me to stop the Otezla, I spoke to my Dermatology group who have reduced the dose to 30mg per day."

Scott J Ashworth (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ok I am extremely upset! I have been on/off this drug over a year, last yr around this time I got a horrible rash on my hands on the tops down to wrists, pain my my breasts that is unbearable with 4 swollen lumps, I was set to go for a mamo and ultrasound but my breasts hurt so much I couldn’t imagine them squashing my dense breasts no way! Then the depression the past year of wanting to hide away in my room away from my family and wishing I don’t wake up and no explanation as to why! I had Palmer pustular plaque psoriasis and psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis as well as fibro, well my last visit I told my Dr and he for the first time in 6-7 yrs was very flippant saying see my general practitioner which he knows - he is mine."

Kim graves (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "8 days in. No relief and as the Enbrel I was taking wears off I am hurting so bad I had to start a course of prednisone. I feel nauseous and depressed. Beautiful weather outside and I don't care. I'm in a farm room watching TV. Miserable and not myself. Called my doctor so we will see what he says to do. I may follow up this post with further results. To be fair it's only Day 8 maybe it will improve"

Unity659 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medication is like a miracle. I have gone from no fingernails no toenails no skin on my feet to almost completely healed. It takes some time for the medicine to kick in but this has been a life changer. My fingernails are coming back my psoriasis is much more manageable all because of a Otezela. The medicine I took before was a biologic and it made me so sick and tired and fatigued and depressed. So thank you to those that make this product this is a great thing for people with horrible psoriasis it is such an Insidious disease."

Weight11 May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am 19 and started taking otezla 4 months ago. First 3 weeks had terrible stomach upset and loose stool. Also got headaches. Continued with meds as directed and to this day see no improvement. And still occasionally get GI upset. Now I am moving on to Stelara. I have severe plaque psoriasis and without the use of my creams I saw no improvement for otezla and only gained stomach problems."

Autumn Rein May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla worked for me. (Please read entire review). A little bit of a stomach ache for about a week for about an hour after each of the twice daily doses. I was given the drug for several months due to my financial state. First the free Otezla stopped at 3 months, My psoriasis came back, a little worse than before. Talked with dermatologist and they got it reinstated, and my skin again slowly cleared. But again, like before the gratis product ended at 3 months. My skin is now worse than ever. I guess I am looking for an answer. Does taking this product with success and then stopping trigger a worse condition than when it was started. I really appreciate the company giving the product as paying $1233.00 p/mo as it was is impossible for me to afford it"

Jctoys (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm 34. I've had psoriasis for about 10 years now. I have had enough. I started taking methotrexate for a month along with some topical solutions for scalp and spots on my forehead. That worked great, but it wasn't something I wanted to be on long term. Otezla is the least harmful when it comes to side effects. It does not require routine lab/blood work. You're also not really supposed to drink alcohol when taking methotrexate. I love that Otezla does not lower you immune system and the ability to fight off infections. I've been taking Otezla now for 2-3 weeks and my skin has remained clear other than a couple spots on my knees that are almost gone. No real side effects. I will continue to take Otezla."

Ken C (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Works great! Slight headache to start.....which doesn't last. After 4 months 80% clear and I had psorasis over 75% of my body. Now after 6 months on it I am 99% clear. Unbelievable!!! This med has worked for me and I take/use nothing else in conjunction."

Timmy81 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Very disappointed , 12 weeks in and no visible results. I am experiencing very bad back pain every other day or so just got to the point of unbearable at 12:30 am . will be stopping otezla"

gojiracat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was reluctant to try this but after 20+ years of fighting psoriasis I figured it was worth a try. I read all the reviews first, so I'm contributing to the database for others. I had some stomach discomfort for a few days, some brain fog, and a few nights of bad sleep. My skin started to clear by day 5 (not sure about nails yet) but I really struggled with the afternoon 2nd dose, so I'm sticking to just 1 tab in the AM and nothing else. That keeps my skin about 80% clear and I can take care of the rest via topical steroids. A month into this and I still feel a little 'high' after my AM tab but very happy with the results. Good luck."

1 mo users April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "For me it works pretty good but not perfect . It surely makes my Psoriasis better , but it will not really disappear totally . I'd say it takes away 75% of Everything , but when you stop with Otezla , it all comes back worse than ever . But a combination of Dervovat and Otezla works great for me . Here in sweden we pay a maximum of 220 USD/Year for drugs . Then it`s free :-) . Since Otezla costs 750 USD/ Month here , I'm thankful for that ."

MadSwede (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been using it for about 18 months. Had used ointments, creams, etc. They helped. This has me about 90% cleared 80% of the time, even in winter (when it's usually worse). No real side effects -- upset stomach the first few days but that went away. Miracle drug so far for me."

DCHr April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on Otezla for 2 months now and have experienced a remarkable clearing of my lesions. Both knees, which were 90% affected have almost entirely cleared up. The face lesions have dried up and are almost unnoticeable now. The scalp, which was almost completely affected, has cleared up to the point that I'll soon be getting rid of the ever-present ball cap! (YES!!!) I feel that in one month, at my follow up appointment with my dermatologist, I am going to kiss her smack dab on the lips! My Wife has given me permission. Still haven't noticed a pronounced difference in my two thumbs, which have swollen at the joint over the last year or so. Hopefully, they will get better as well so I can get back to playing the guitar."

Shadowfax419 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on this product for over a year. It didn't help my plaque psoriasis at all. The only positive was that it didn't cost me anything to take it and it had no negative side effects. Not sure how this product even got approved. I don't know anybody who has said it has even remotely been. effective."

Wooster777 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am 8 weeks in now. Hands and scalp are pretty clear. I am noticing improvement on my legs and elbows. Feet are clearing nicely too. Still have occasional nausea in the morning. I feel better if I eat a good breakfast and hydrate. I am very optimistic I will be clear for summer. No headaches so far. No weight loss unfortunately."

katrins al beana (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started Otezla Nov 2016. I don't find it effective for my Moderate to Severe psoriasis at all in fact I'm having breakouts in places that never had them before and to make my issues worse I'm riddled with pain unlike anything I had ever felt in my 42 yrs of being a psoriasis suffer. The worse pains happen when walking and I can only pin point 2 possible reasons for the pain OTEZLA or SYNTHROID or Combo of both. I started Otezla and Synthroid roughly same time but after reading many post the pain seems common with both meds. Personally I could try and deal with pain if Otezla worked better or at least not break me out in areas that never had them. I eat a little before and after taking the pill and have not suffered Diarrhea or Nausea all."

Battyone March 31, 2017