User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 69 reviews 62 medications

5.3
Summary of Otezla reviews 195 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "Tried this med for 6 days; had to stop. Almost went crazy! Severe depression, cried at the drop of a hat, extremely nauseous, IBS & so irritable, it nearly cost my relationship!"

LuJean September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started with the starter pack, and when I went from 10 mg to 20 mg, it was a train wreck. I actually couldn't function, my entire body was like hell no... massive fatigue, cramping in the stomach, fogginess, couldn't go to work. I feel like I had 30 beers. I hope this works out for you if you are trying it, but I'm finished with this.gl"

Train Wreck1 September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Been on Otezzla for about 6 months. The first few months I thought my prayers had been answered. My skin cleared up by 75 percent in 3 months. I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. My pain had decreased as well. I did have stomach issues, severe headaches and major pressure in my ears and can hardly hear! The medication has quit working. Not clearing up my scales or itching at all! And the pain! The pain in my fingers, elbows and feet is worse than ever. I'm up all during the night from joint pain, now have nerve pain in my feet and cannot open a bottle of water in the mornings. Very sad this didn't work out because I refuse to take immune suppression medication."

Denny789824 September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "On otezla for a short time 4 weeks must come off it because of surgery right shoulder rotator cuff. Up to this point minor side effects but did cause some sleep issues which could also be contributed my upcoming surgery. Had such good results with Biologicals for 15 yrs. until they lost there effectiveness. Now as I get older 67 would like to try something less immunosuppressive. Not encouraged by comments I read. But everyone is different so I will stick it out for four months"

Mattcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am just about to hit my 16th week of Otezla (which they say is about as long as it takes to start working). I am not noticing a massive improvement- some spots in certain areas are down to just pink inflamed dots (legs and torso), while other areas actually seem to be worse (elbows, ears, scalp). I found the first week or two I had a lot of loose bowel movements, and my appetite was suppressed, but that quickly went away. I cannot comment on headaches as I live with a neurological disorder. I have a drug plan through work, and luckily this drug is covered, so I will continue this drug until Christmas and then go from there."

hookings21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "The very first day I took otezla it felt like I was going to vomit but I didn't so I continued taking it. Then after taking the second and third ones for the evening I started having pains on my right shoulder. I thought I slept funny. But the pain was still bearable and I thought it will go away so I continued taking it although I began having a hard time sleeping. The seventh day/evening it got worst. Right after I took the evening pill the pain on my right shoulder went all the way to my arms and my right fingers. I was up until 3 in the morning I couldn't sleep and thought of going to the urgent care. The next morning, both of my arms are in pain, I decided to stopped taking Otezla. I should have not taken it in the beginning."

biggest mistake September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Otezla twice, two years apart. My first experience helped my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis within 3 months with minimal side effects. I had loose stool for a couple of days and a mild headache. THEN I developed a very aggressive breast cancer and was advised to stop Otezla.. I underwent chemotherapy, bilateral mastectomies and reconstruction. One year later, I began taking Otezla again because my psoriasis and PA came back with a vengeance, as predicted. Four months into treatment, I developed breast cancer in my sternum. Once again, I quit the Otezla and have since undergone radiation treatment. I did not tick the boxes for a patient at high risk for breast cancer. I feel my cancer may well have been a direct result of Otezla"

Joschally September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm five days in and had to stop taking Otezla due to the horrible side effect from this drug. I'm having every side effects you could think of. Nausea, diarrhea, headache, vomiting, pain in my upper stomach so bad it was unbearable and chest pains. I haven't spoke to my rheumatologist yet but I choose on my own to stop taking this drug. Nothing helped for pain and I couldn't keep any good or liquids down. Joint pain as well as back pains started getting worse."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medicine is miracle to me. I have psoriasis from last 7 years. I tried all diff type of med from prescription to over the counter tablets and creams but nothing was working. I was getting depressed and anti social. For me it was looks like my Dr was just making money from me and not doing enough. I changed my dermatologist and got new one, then my new Doc prescribed me Otezla which I start taking twice a day sometime once a day. I seen my skin start getting clear. Today was the first day my hands was totally clear. I was so happy. I lost few pounds while I am taking this pills also I am more sexually active. Thanks to the creator of this pill!!"

Vaneet August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Third and last day on Otezla. Took fourth 10mg pill at 6:30am with breakfast. Slight headache, no nausea, no depression. Not feeling myself. I had to make a conscious effort not to 'zone out' all day. BP is up. Had disturbing dreams last night and woke up with pain in hands, ankles, and back. Every plaque is itching like crazy. I have stopped taking this drug."

projectotezla August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am now on my eighth day ,and besides the slight nausea and the frequent bowel movements throughout the day (it's not affecting my working and taking care of my son's needs),I think that I'm going to stick it out. I was on the Enbrel sure click last year and because I caught an infection and my system was severely compromised, I was admitted to the hospital, in serious condition; so, no more Enbrel. I stayed clear for a few months after being taken off of it, but once the psoriasis came back ,it went rampant....please check back in a few weeks with an update"

MsT12171 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "This was for my Guttate Psoriasis; PROS: Easy to take and digest. No adverse side effects other than occasion so headache. CONS: Didn't really work. Improved flaming and dryness but red patches are still there and still itchy/burning skin. If you have mild psoriasis it may work but for anybody with moderate to severe I would be very doubtful. Let down as I was hoping it would be a wonder drug and it's definitely not. Some creams work better."

Aurastar56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took otezla for about 5 months for psoriatic arthritis. I experienced headaches and upper respiratory infections almost the entire time. I saw little, if any, improvement to my arthritis pain and inflammation."

Yandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Since the first pill on Otezla I started to get severe sinus headaches that could not be remedied by Tylenol or Advil. Nasal congestion began shortly after that as did steady head pain. I am now 7 days on the pills and I stopping due to these headaches, loose bowel movements, sinus congestion and pain, headaches and most importantly INSOMNIA!! I have been up 2 days straight and have stopped these pills last night. Since being on these pills I have not slept more than 2 hrs per night if at all. My foot pain has been lessened as well as the pain in my fingers but the side effects are just not worth it. Still getting sharp pains in my toes and difficulty with hip joint and knees while I did not have before starting Otezla. Not the drug for me!"

cdep July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Humira for several years, and it worked great. Eventually though, my body started making antibodies against the Humira, and it started working with less efficacy. I then switched to Otezla. I once did a trial study of a pill version of a ps med (the only one I had ever heard of at the time), and it worked great, so I was pretty hopeful as I started Otezla. For me, I could literally feel the Humira leaving my body. For those of you with bad ps, I started feeling those pins and needles again. I gave Otezla almost 6 months before calling my Rheum doc and asking if I could try something else and here I am. I'm not scaling a ton, but I'm constantly itchy (hard to sleep). I've tried a lot and some have worked. For me, Otezla doesn't."

Big Jon 42 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am technically taking this for reactive arthritis, that I have struggled with on and off for 15 years. Most recently on a 4 year stint, where I have been talking steroids. The idea was that this would allow me to get off of steroids. It took a few months to seem to help, but now (6 months) I have been weening off the steroids. In the beginning I experienced migraines, which I never had before, about 2 per week, Now about 1 per month. I also regularly experience diarrhea, not having to go more often, but lose stool when I do. Annoying but tolerable. It also seems to work as an appetite suppressant, which is positive side effect for me at 40 yrs old lost about 8 lbs so far. So overall pretty good med now that migraines are less."

activatedvoxel July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Major nasal congestion and outbreaks in hives it's not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on and off otezla for a year-and-a-half now. I took it for about four months with horrible upset stomach. I did see improvement with my plaque psoriasis on my knees and elbows. I quit otezla because it made my stomach so upset. My psoriasis came back worse than ever. Which freaked me out. Most other medications have even worse side effects so I chose to try otezla again. I have now been back on otezla for about a year. My plaque psoriasis is 75% clear. If I do not stay on a rigid Regiment of taking my pills twice a day my psoriasis immediately comes back worse and my stomach will become upset again. Still not sure what I think of otezla."

earlybirdrobin June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Thank you Celgene for creating such a wonderful medicine. I have been using it for a year and it has really lessened the effects of my plaque psoriasis. As an added benefit, it has helped me to lose weight, and I no long crave sweets! It's an all-round wonderful thing!"

Wonderful medicine June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was on Otezla for 4 months. Absolutely no improvement, and side effects were dreadful...splitting migraine headaches daily, chronic diarrhea, depression. I would never consider taking this medication again."

Neal C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "My dr gave me samples and within a month, I was almost clear with no side effects. However, My co pay for Otetzla is $ 1,352.00 per month which is totally unaffordable. I was denied financial assistance, because I was a little over income. I am on Medicare plus supplementals and never thought that at this stage in my life I would be unable to afford my medication. Due to breast cancer, the other meds on the market are not suitable. If anyone has any idea what to do next, I would appreciate it. Otetzla is a great product - but unaffordable. Their customer service dept was stone cold in denying my plea for help."

Anonymous June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking otezla for five months with no improvement in my psoriatic arthritis. I had minor psoriasis plaques on my elbows. It is definitely clearer. My joints have shown no improvement. I have lost a considerable amount of weight while on otezla and am now quite underweight. I will have to discontinue the drug because of the weight loss and the fact that it has done nothing for the arthritis."

spareribs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Slow but steady results... Plaques are significantly reduced but whole areas of plaques are left slightly pink. I have new plaques in areas I have never had them before. Hands, forearms and biceps. They are small but a little unsightly due to the location. Whilst the initial titration of the Otezla was generally easy. The maintenance of 30 mg, twice per day is just simply unbearable. I am an up-beat, happy and balanced individual but after 40 days, I started noticing a slight inability to make clear decisions and felt generally gloomy. I also was noticing a lack of happy thoughts and feeling continually malaise. After my family asked me to stop the Otezla, I spoke to my Dermatology group who have reduced the dose to 30mg per day."

Scott J Ashworth (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ok I am extremely upset! I have been on/off this drug over a year, last yr around this time I got a horrible rash on my hands on the tops down to wrists, pain my my breasts that is unbearable with 4 swollen lumps, I was set to go for a mamo and ultrasound but my breasts hurt so much I couldn’t imagine them squashing my dense breasts no way! Then the depression the past year of wanting to hide away in my room away from my family and wishing I don’t wake up and no explanation as to why! I had Palmer pustular plaque psoriasis and psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis as well as fibro, well my last visit I told my Dr and he for the first time in 6-7 yrs was very flippant saying see my general practitioner which he knows - he is mine."

Kim graves (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "8 days in. No relief and as the Enbrel I was taking wears off I am hurting so bad I had to start a course of prednisone. I feel nauseous and depressed. Beautiful weather outside and I don't care. I'm in a farm room watching TV. Miserable and not myself. Called my doctor so we will see what he says to do. I may follow up this post with further results. To be fair it's only Day 8 maybe it will improve"

Unity659 June 1, 2017