User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 50 reviews 59 medications

5.6
Summary of Otezla reviews 114 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Otezla for about 18 months and am very satisfied. The only side effect has been the loose stool that most people have experienced. Prior to taking this medication I was getting 12 to 15 shots per month on my scalp and all over my legs directly into the outbreaks. Additionally was using prescribed creams, lotions and shampoo. My scalp was so bad that the psoriasis covered a patch of skin cancer that was probably growing for over a year. It was detected as I insisted on a biopsy of the area because that one area was not responding to treatment. Except for one or two small patches my skin is free and clear. Insurance is a problem, however, these is a prescription assistance program available and you can be reimbursed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "had flu like body aches, constant urge to defecate and brutal migraines from day 3. fatigue was all consuming. rather deal with the joint pain!!"

dr. baker (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on Otezla a little over a year now and I think I will be stopping tomorrow after I visit my dermatologist. The Pros, much of my psoriasis cleared within weeks, especially on my neck and scalp. When doing UV treatments with the Otezla I was near 95% clear. I had all the side effects like tension headaches, stomach issues, and weight loss. However, I would take that and clearer skin over my psoriasis. I've had psoriasis for 24 years now and I have tried everything from steroid creams, UV, and biologic injections. I thought Otezla was the best! However, over the last month I have been experiencing anxiety and depression. I get stressed out so easily and having panic attacks has never been me. I cannot function normally."

Lesser Evil September 12, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My dermatologist put me on this medication using starter packs while they worked with the insurance to approve it. I lost my appetite completely I was exhausted, I almost lost my hearing and I got a serious upper respiratory infection. I had constant diarrhea and nausea and practically no sleep. I had to quit when I got the respiratory infection as I could hardly breathe. Why on earth is more testing not done with these drugs. The pharmaceutical companies churn our arthritis medication one after the other all of them with horrible side affects and outrageous pricing. How dare they try to charge almost $3000 a month for a drug with such poor results. Back to methotrexate and ibuprofen at least I can afford them."

Fionnd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have now been on otezla for the magic 4 months the company says it takes to improve. I am so much worse now. My arthritis is so bad I can hardly use my hands they are so swollen and painful, most of my joints are swollen and painful, and my psoriasis has gotten worse. I wish I had stayed on Enbrel, and as will be going back on it as soon as possible. I did not have any adverse side effects, it just wasn't effective for me."

maxsmemaw (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was prescribed Otezla 10 days ago for severe scalp and ear psoriasis. My dermatologist gave me the starter pack while I was waiting for insurance approval (which just obtained) and in this short period of time, I have noticed a nearly 50 percent reduction of the itchiness and scaling, which was so bad that it often bled and my scalp was painful from just a shower. I have a salt-water pool and the water stung so bad I tried not to get my head wet. I am astounded that I am already seeing a difference. I am even more astounded that I have had zero side effects. I was prepared for nausea, diarreah, and headaches - anything to get relief from the misery of constant scratching, scabing, and just plain pain. It hurt to even brush my hair."

Jaklyn (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Hi guys, I've been taken Otezla for about three weeks now. I feel my psoriasis is a bit better, but the side effects have been so bad that I haven't been able to work for a week. I'm so tired all the time. But I'm not giving up, keep taking the pills."

Jamppa August 30, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "No real side effects except the loose stool. Seems to effect most everybody. I'm 70% clear now, was almost 99% clear for a time until my insurance co. decided it was going to cancel my script. Missed a few doses, Never got back to where I was before. Only missed 3-4 days till I got the script back. I'd say never miss a day."

Meanjoe (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Otezla as an alternative to Enbrel for 6 weeks.The itching turned out to be the least of my worries.Ideveloped migraine headaches, blurred vision, severe depression and upset stomach. I stopped taking it when I couldn't even get out of bed and saw a psychiatrist.He told me to stop the medication immediately and gave me medication that would eventually counteract the side effects. This took approx 6 weeks.In the meantime I went to see an eye dtr due to the clouds in peripheral vision and blurriness.Turns out, although my last visit to him was in Nov (only five months earlier), my eyesight was completely different. I now need to wear reading glasses& a separate pair for watching tv, driving, distance.If anyone has exper. pls reply."

Renee4023 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was able to avoid most of the gastrointestinal side effects by taking my pill about an hour or two after eating. After week 1, my psoriasis seemed to get more ashy than red. The patches became very itchy, but I felt that the medication might be working. That was the furthest extent of any clearing for me. By week 2, I was feeling depressed with anxiety that I couldn't seem to shake. Around week 3, my anxiety was getting so overwhelming that I called my doctor to tell him that I couldn't take the medication anymore. If you still want try Otezla and your insurance doesn't cover it, you should be able to work through your doctor to potentially get 2-week supplies directly from the manufacturer while your doctor is submitting an appeal."

Charlie - Austin, Texas August 23, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was optimistic about Otezla because nothing else worked. I tried Humira, creams, Kenologe injections..everything. The 30day sample pack was like a miracle and then the let down happened. My Psoriasis got so bad that it was bleeding and my depression was crazy. The headaches were everyday and I was screaming and crying for no reason. I stopped the Otezla waited a month and tried it again to make sure I was right. Unfortunately I was correct. Otezla didn't work for me."

LynnSwartz88888 August 19, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Three bouts of bronchitis in six months and two trips to the emergency room and I decided to stop this medicine. Anxiety and depression from the start. I saw some clearing at first but then it leveled off and I just couldn't take the side affects anymore."

ColieH August 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "This drug was wonderful for my pain and psorisis but caused horrible depression so I wanted to tell people to watch for mood changes. I thought it was only me but my rheumatologist told me this medication now has a black box warning for severe depression. Please be aware and watch for changes in personality. Sadly I had to discontinue use."

DB? August 17, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medicine has been unbelievable for me. I am now 100% clear with only a couple of dry places on my scalp. I was so completely miserable and in pain but since I started taking this drug almost two months ago I'm clear! My insurance refused to pay for it even after my doctor petitioned a second time. I'm now in another fight for coverage and I will continue to fight! I have had some side effects (severe headaches, nausea, sleeplessness) but worth it! While I know this drug does not help everyone, I love it and so appreciate what it's done for me."

Rolyma August 13, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Been taking Otezla for 3 weeks. The first week I had a mild but persistent headache, bad heartburn and nausea, bloating, and muscle cramps in my legs. By the second week the headache was gone and down to slight nausea for a few hours after taking a dose. PsA is much improved, lesions are slightly better. By the 3rd week I am having very slight nausea but the PsA is almost gone. My knees, back and hands and feet feel almost normal. Lesions are still improving but very slowly. I'm still using steriod topicals and an occasional dose of Naproxen for joint pain."

MeateyPetey August 13, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "This is the only drug that has worked for me -- and I have tried em all! Really. All. Of. Them. I have both plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The side effects were minimal in relation to the relief I received. About 50 percent cleared on scalp-- 100 percent cleared every where else on my body. 100 percent relief with arthritis pain."

Mizsherry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Ohhhh crap what a nightmare. This did soften my plaques. But after a week I am quitting. 3 massive migraines. I thought the one I'm currently having would kill me. Went to the hospital. Typical diarrhea. I had massive tendon spasms last night. This drug is good for some but not for me. This was my last hope."

rob allen (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "took for psoriasis went away!!!! then came back!!! quit cold turkey do not do!!!! side affects are worse coming off drug. acts like a narcotic!!!!! i too thought the sides effects were worth it but it comes back!!!! one side effect not mentioned bad mood swings!!! and have panic attacks when you try to get off the drug!!!! people need to know."

moedad July 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Otezla for 4 months. I experienced the headaches thy every person seems to be getting, but I was willing to fight through those if the medication worked. I never saw any clearing but I did get a horrible rash all over my chest and back. It went away after I went off it. Don't take this med! Unfortunately I also have Crohn's disease and take Humira - which works wonders for the Crohn's but doesn't affect my psoriasis at all. I'm stuck with the topicals and kenolog injections again."

Tina Z. in MN July 16, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "for my psoriasis keep it under control ,but for my arthritis ,omg it's like having a new life my bones stop hurting and I can walk more than ever. Otezla should be for Arthritis more than psoriasis"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "My feet have always been the worst, with hands next. My feet actually got better but my hands are way worse and now I have plaques on the front of my legs. A bad trade off !!"

Elelcart (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla has changed my life for the better. My arms, legs, stomach, scalp and personal areas were covered with psoriasis for decades. It was very depressing, I hid under clothes no thought everyone was staring at my horrible looking skin. I had tried every ointment and cream know to treat psoriasis. Nothing worked. I finally, went to anew dermatologist and asked him about Otezla - I have been researching many oral melds but were afraid of the side affects. He said that Otezla could work, that the side affects were minimal but the success rates were not super high. I started on the Otezla pills long with Enstilar spray cream. After 2 months I was free and clear. It has been miraculous, my skin is smooth, & my self confidence has gone up."

Caroljcarolj265 July 13, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "So far so great! I've had zero gastro-intestinal side effects or headaches and tremendous clearing of my skin after only 2 weeks (started with the starter pack). I am full of energy and body feels great! I have 1 bridging pack and now comes the challenge of getting my insurance to cover it... fingers crossed!!!"

Mimimalone July 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I notice there haven't been any recent otezla review postings. Does that mean everyone is so sick and tired of talking about this useless drug that makes you feel constantly lousy?"

red skin (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I LOVED Otezla !! Sadly I am an asthmatic - the multiple respiratory infections and the persistent coughing was too much - Oddly My pulmonologist read up on the drug and it has been used to treat respiratory conditions but it triggered my asthma - Psoriasis went away !!! Skin looked amazing !! Some diarrhea- but would have sacrificed that for the amazing results - wish there was an alternative"

Sweet M July 9, 2016