User Reviews for Otezla

Plaque Psoriasis 60 reviews 17 medications

5.7
Summary of Otezla reviews 106 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Otezla

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Otezla as an alternative to Enbrel for 6 weeks.The itching turned out to be the least of my worries.Ideveloped migraine headaches, blurred vision, severe depression and upset stomach. I stopped taking it when I couldn't even get out of bed and saw a psychiatrist.He told me to stop the medication immediately and gave me medication that would eventually counteract the side effects. This took approx 6 weeks.In the meantime I went to see an eye dtr due to the clouds in peripheral vision and blurriness.Turns out, although my last visit to him was in Nov (only five months earlier), my eyesight was completely different. I now need to wear reading glasses& a separate pair for watching tv, driving, distance.If anyone has exper. pls reply."

Renee4023 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was able to avoid most of the gastrointestinal side effects by taking my pill about an hour or two after eating. After week 1, my psoriasis seemed to get more ashy than red. The patches became very itchy, but I felt that the medication might be working. That was the furthest extent of any clearing for me. By week 2, I was feeling depressed with anxiety that I couldn't seem to shake. Around week 3, my anxiety was getting so overwhelming that I called my doctor to tell him that I couldn't take the medication anymore. If you still want try Otezla and your insurance doesn't cover it, you should be able to work through your doctor to potentially get 2-week supplies directly from the manufacturer while your doctor is submitting an appeal."

Charlie - Austin, Texas August 23, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was optimistic about Otezla because nothing else worked. I tried Humira, creams, Kenologe injections..everything. The 30day sample pack was like a miracle and then the let down happened. My Psoriasis got so bad that it was bleeding and my depression was crazy. The headaches were everyday and I was screaming and crying for no reason. I stopped the Otezla waited a month and tried it again to make sure I was right. Unfortunately I was correct. Otezla didn't work for me."

LynnSwartz88888 August 19, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Three bouts of bronchitis in six months and two trips to the emergency room and I decided to stop this medicine. Anxiety and depression from the start. I saw some clearing at first but then it leveled off and I just couldn't take the side affects anymore."

ColieH August 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "This drug was wonderful for my pain and psorisis but caused horrible depression so I wanted to tell people to watch for mood changes. I thought it was only me but my rheumatologist told me this medication now has a black box warning for severe depression. Please be aware and watch for changes in personality. Sadly I had to discontinue use."

DB? August 17, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medicine has been unbelievable for me. I am now 100% clear with only a couple of dry places on my scalp. I was so completely miserable and in pain but since I started taking this drug almost two months ago I'm clear! My insurance refused to pay for it even after my doctor petitioned a second time. I'm now in another fight for coverage and I will continue to fight! I have had some side effects (severe headaches, nausea, sleeplessness) but worth it! While I know this drug does not help everyone, I love it and so appreciate what it's done for me."

Rolyma August 13, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Been taking Otezla for 3 weeks. The first week I had a mild but persistent headache, bad heartburn and nausea, bloating, and muscle cramps in my legs. By the second week the headache was gone and down to slight nausea for a few hours after taking a dose. PsA is much improved, lesions are slightly better. By the 3rd week I am having very slight nausea but the PsA is almost gone. My knees, back and hands and feet feel almost normal. Lesions are still improving but very slowly. I'm still using steriod topicals and an occasional dose of Naproxen for joint pain."

MeateyPetey August 13, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "This is the only drug that has worked for me -- and I have tried em all! Really. All. Of. Them. I have both plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The side effects were minimal in relation to the relief I received. About 50 percent cleared on scalp-- 100 percent cleared every where else on my body. 100 percent relief with arthritis pain."

Mizsherry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Ohhhh crap what a nightmare. This did soften my plaques. But after a week I am quitting. 3 massive migraines. I thought the one I'm currently having would kill me. Went to the hospital. Typical diarrhea. I had massive tendon spasms last night. This drug is good for some but not for me. This was my last hope."

rob allen (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "took for psoriasis went away!!!! then came back!!! quit cold turkey do not do!!!! side affects are worse coming off drug. acts like a narcotic!!!!! i too thought the sides effects were worth it but it comes back!!!! one side effect not mentioned bad mood swings!!! and have panic attacks when you try to get off the drug!!!! people need to know."

moedad July 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Otezla for 4 months. I experienced the headaches thy every person seems to be getting, but I was willing to fight through those if the medication worked. I never saw any clearing but I did get a horrible rash all over my chest and back. It went away after I went off it. Don't take this med! Unfortunately I also have Crohn's disease and take Humira - which works wonders for the Crohn's but doesn't affect my psoriasis at all. I'm stuck with the topicals and kenolog injections again."

Tina Z. in MN July 16, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "for my psoriasis keep it under control ,but for my arthritis ,omg it's like having a new life my bones stop hurting and I can walk more than ever. Otezla should be for Arthritis more than psoriasis"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "My feet have always been the worst, with hands next. My feet actually got better but my hands are way worse and now I have plaques on the front of my legs. A bad trade off !!"

Elelcart (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla has changed my life for the better. My arms, legs, stomach, scalp and personal areas were covered with psoriasis for decades. It was very depressing, I hid under clothes no thought everyone was staring at my horrible looking skin. I had tried every ointment and cream know to treat psoriasis. Nothing worked. I finally, went to anew dermatologist and asked him about Otezla - I have been researching many oral melds but were afraid of the side affects. He said that Otezla could work, that the side affects were minimal but the success rates were not super high. I started on the Otezla pills long with Enstilar spray cream. After 2 months I was free and clear. It has been miraculous, my skin is smooth, & my self confidence has gone up."

Caroljcarolj265 July 13, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "So far so great! I've had zero gastro-intestinal side effects or headaches and tremendous clearing of my skin after only 2 weeks (started with the starter pack). I am full of energy and body feels great! I have 1 bridging pack and now comes the challenge of getting my insurance to cover it... fingers crossed!!!"

Mimimalone July 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I notice there haven't been any recent otezla review postings. Does that mean everyone is so sick and tired of talking about this useless drug that makes you feel constantly lousy?"

red skin (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I LOVED Otezla !! Sadly I am an asthmatic - the multiple respiratory infections and the persistent coughing was too much - Oddly My pulmonologist read up on the drug and it has been used to treat respiratory conditions but it triggered my asthma - Psoriasis went away !!! Skin looked amazing !! Some diarrhea- but would have sacrificed that for the amazing results - wish there was an alternative"

Sweet M July 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had to stop Otezla after 16 days due to vomiting and severe diarrhea. I felt generally fine until day 16 and was beginning to see improvements. Seven days now after stopping Otezla and still have 7-10 diarrhea episodes per day and significant fatigue. I do not plan to restart."

sonomaco July 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Otezla had recently been approved. After three months on Otezla my skin was mostly clear (psoriasis returned FAST post-Embrel). I was able to stop ibuprofen completely. The pain was reduced to 1/10. Anti-nausea meds helped with stomach discomfort of Otezla side effects. Fourteen months in, the nausea was getting worse, lasting all day. Tremors. Appetite non-existent. Fatigue and anxiety increasing to unbearable levels. Spending more time in bed than not. Pain returning to joints... especially hands, feet, and lower back. Stopped Otezla three weeks ago. Appetite is back, nausea and diarrhea gone. Anxiety minimal. Energy level much higher. Was only going to stop Otezla for two weeks. I believe I am done with Otezla. Quality of life decision."

acmelabs (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Within weeks my plaque psoriasis disappeared. Chronic diarhea caused me to stop taking it. P came back within weeks. Several months ago I was in a motorcycle accident and sprained my wrist. Never got better, got worse. Diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Thinking of trying it again. Don't know if I can take living on the toilet. Hoping my body will get used to it but not opptomistic."

Jmj49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was prescribed Otelza for psoriatic arthritis in my knees and psoriasis on my knees and shins. After 6 months of regular usage, my knee pain has resolved but my psoriasis remains entirely unaffected, (I had way better visible skin results using Triamcinolone cream once a day at bedtime). But what I wanted to share is why I came off Otezla this month: I lost 23 pounds these last 3 months, developed a bowel problem where I had to rush to #2 after most meals, lost some appetite in general, and worst of all, I developed terrible anxiety and fears that I never experienced before. I also lost my sense of joy overall, even though I did not quite reach the lows of depression. I am on day #2 of no Otezla. I am starting to feel better already."

Stillwater_OK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Otezla for 3 months and saw some clearing on my skin and definitely had severe headaches and diarrhea, but had to to stop taking it because I developed a respiratory infection. At first I thought there was no connection. After a month, I started back up and my skin became progressively worse, but I stuck it out as I was told by dermatologist it takes time to adjust to it. By the 4th month my skin was so badly inflamed it was pure agony to put clothes on. I broke it places I never had psoriasis, to top it all off, I developed yet another respiratory infection and was told by Pulmonary doctor that it is a side effect of the medication and that I had to stop taking it due to its dangers to people with asthma, wish I knew that."

Karly45 June 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Went on starter pack of Otezla. Am on second week now and hands are again horrible, swelling splitting open and bleeding on almost every finger and one palm. Have it on feet also but not nearly as bad. I am trying to hang on to see if it will turn around. I did have headache and diarrhea last week, eating more before taking it. I am back on tapering dose of Prednisone to help with the horrible symptoms. Trying to last a month with Otezla to see if it will, in fact, work for me, but trying to go on trips or be seen out and about is not easy when everyone focuses on your hands and their leprosy-like appearance. Luckily my work friends are very supportive, even bringing in lotions they made and holistic medicines for me."

catjack (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for over 20 years. I started this medication 3 months ago my psoriasis have never been worse 80% of my body is covered in psoriasis. My arthritis has also been an issue but not to the same extent. I would never recommend this medication to anyone."

Becca5512 June 16, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "On Otezla for 5 weeks and seems to be doing its job. Rashes have gotten pale and very quite. only problems have been some AM headaches and slight nausea. Corporate has been very helpful in getting me this medication."

JXW (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2016