User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.2

Summary of Otezla reviews 5.4 240 reviews

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been on otezla for about 3 months now with no results what so ever. I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. If my body didn't start rejecting humira I'd still be on Humira ."

Tirekingdv88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I took Otezla for two years it did help to a degree but I still had to use clobetasol cream along with it for a decent result. For the past year I have had 5 sinus infections which my doctor picked up on was from Otezla. Found out chronic sinusitis is a common side effect of the drug. We decided it was not worth it and I did have a bad flare when I stopped using it and took a month to get it under control. One thing I did not realize is how fatigue inducing this drug is. After I stopped taking it my energy levels came up over a few weeks and I feel great now. My psoriasis is a little worse without the Otezla but not to much."

Tim (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been on Otezla about 9 months. Got through all the startup side effects with tolerable issues. Had been on biologics 12 years with great results, but lowered immune system and frequent UTI’s. Being over 70, I felt Otezla would be safer. Now I am having one of the worst flares of scalp and forehead thick plaques ever in 53 years. Calling Dr. to see what to do next."

GP May 10, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Coming off enbrel after 14 years I had numerous bouts with kidney stones. Then most recently last year I had numerous blood clots in the leg I gave myself shots in. Asked my PA about any other drugs. He suggested Otezla. I have been on it for 3 months and my legs feet toes ankles and Achilles ligaments have continually been in pain switching from day to day and am currently barely able to walk. I am a very good bowler and bowl in highly competitive competitions. I have gotten to the competition and couldn't even move . I never know from day to day if I will be able to compete or not. It costs hundreds of dollars to compete and I have not even come close to being competitive at any . I have had to withdraw from some because of the pain I'm in."

Dennis (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Awful. I was on Otezla for Behçets syndrome (as an experimental treatment). I had depression, GI issues, severe fatigue & no relief of symptoms while on it. After 4 months of suffering and still flaring I stopped the medication. My skin has now become flaky and really itchy! My skin was always fine before this. I’ve heard it worked for some Behçets patients but never worked for me."

Behcets babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I really wanted Otezla to work. I've stuck with it for five months now with ZERO result on my skin. I've pushed through the fatigue, headaches, generally feeling down, total apathy and weight gain. Yes you heard that right, I of course did not LOSE weight on Otezla. I've gained a huge swollen pot belly. This despite working out with a personal trainer and eating the same as before. My dermatologist confessed to me that that the REAL numbers for those helped by Otezla is closer to 20%. The other 80% of people see absolutely no change whatsoever. I appear to be among the latter group. I wish that information on this drug was more accurate. I also wonder at encouraging people to stay on this drug for six months. I've yet to hear from anyone who said it took that long to kick in. I'm starting to suspect that it's really all about sales. If anyone here has been on it for six months before seeing any results I'd be really interested to hear about it."

Ishmoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Within a month of taking otezla my psoriasis had thinned so much there were no scales left on it at all. I did have some digestive issues so after 3 months my doctor took me off of it. The problem I had was that after I stopped taking it, it came back and it showed in places on my body that I had never had it before so it came back even worse."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "had upset stomach for 5 days but it went away. No other side effects. I took about 6 months to get the same level of clearance as Humira, which I was on before. no needles no infections no labs essentially, I got clearance with zero side effects good luck to all"

Tom April 18, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am considering Otezla for my Psoriatic Arthritis, but after reading these reviews I wanted to share something that some of you may find helpful. There is a book entitled "The Great Arthritis Breakthrough" in which the author cites several studies that have attributed many cases of arthritis to bacteria and tests confirmed that a daily low dose of Minocycline antibiotic fended off the arthritis. I tried this regimen and found that it did work great for arthritis, however it did nothing for the Psoriasis. But seriously, if you are in pain like I was, this is worth it. I took Minocycline for about 2 years and then stopped and have have been off of it for two years now. I am only now starting to have a little inflammation in my right middle finger. Anyway, I wanted to share this in case others might find it useful."

davegerard (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla has side effects. Personally, I would have to run to the restroom constantly, even telling my kids to pee outside so I could get to the potty first. After a while my body adjusted. Otezla completely cured my physical symptoms. However, it caused a disturbing depression problem. I ran out when my doc was switching facilities. I was given the option to speak with a different doctor and resume... But at that point I had been off the med long enough to see happiness again. I've been on otezla for a long while... About the same amount of time I've been dealing with extreme depression. Since running out, my psoriasis has come back 10 fold. But, I can play with kids like I used to and am 100 percent happier despite the physical ramifications. I'm looking into alternatives now. Best of luck to everyone else."

Ash (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otherwise healthy 50+ year old guy who's had this for 30+ years. Like every other drug I've tried, it works for a while, then it doesn't. Mine worked great for 2 weeks, kinda worked for maybe 2 more weeks, then it all came back worse than before. I had stomach aches after taking it and resorted to "Tums", acid reflux meds, and eating something when taking the med. Moving on to something else after 6-7 weeks."

geek49203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Though I had no side effects when taking other biologics - or any meds - I had terrible respiratory stuff while on this so went off after a week or so. The way they tested it didn't allow me to know what to expect as they seemed they have data only at a 4 month or so mark. I wouldn't recommend it."

syb March 29, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "@Cliff. I had the same experience you had, except it worked well for me for about 8 months. My psoriasis also returned, but worse than I have ever experienced. Since that time, I have tried Talz and am currently on Tremfya. Taltz was a very painful injection and it did not help at all. The psoriasis continues to spread and so far, the Tremfya has done nothing to help. Frustrating!"

Lily (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took this drug for 11 months and finally had to come off it. From Feb to May I did notice an improvement with pain but in June my hands and feet had such nerve pain I could hardly walk and had trouble planting my little garden. I was told the nerve pain could not be from Otezla. From day one I had 2 hours with diarrhea and was told that too would pass. It didn't. I stopped the drug in December before Christmas and the nerve pain and diarrhea completely stopped. Mind you I still have sore feet and hands but feel so comfortable. I had been on Methtrexate and Humira before this drug and they too had massive problems. I have always had Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but now my Surgeon said it was undiagnosed diverticulitis that I had kept controlled by diet. These drugs made my bowel much worse and now I need a section removed. How sad is that. Is there even a good drug out there?"

Bridget (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since I was 13 and now after 22 years I am finally happy with a pill that has helped me get rid of it. I used to get major migraines before I started taking Otezla and in the first 2 weeks of taking orezla I did get migraine a couple of times and I always had my migraine pills with me so that was not a big deal. Exactly after 2 weeks I started seeing results. I had Psoriasis almost at 70% of my body and I have less than 5%. This pill is amazing and I swear by it. Also I am from Canada and it's nice that it's covered by my insurance. I do see my doctor every 2 months to make sure nothing has changed in my attitude and for checkup. I usually don't write recommendation online but I am so impressed with this pill and that's why I wanted to share my experience with everyone."

Elila (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was prescribed Ortezla about a year ago and was provided with a starter package. I was very pleased that my psoriasis, which is extreme, cleared almost 90% before I had finished the starter package. I continued with this medication for approximately 4 months thereafter and the medication seemed to be effective. Unfortunately, after that four month period, the psoriasis lesions returned - like gangbusters ! - and the medication proved completely ineffectual. I restarted the medication twice but it had no effect whatpever and my psoriasis was significantly worse than when I started the Ortezla. It is only now, after approximately a year, that I seem to be returning to my original condition. I would be interested to know if anyone else had the experience of remission followed by an aggravated return of the psoriasis."

Cliff (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had started Otezla and had the typical nausea and loose stool but was completely tolerable until I hit the 8th day and then I had a rare reaction to this medication. I experienced severe dizziness, thought blocking, cluster migraine, extreme vomiting and uncontrollable bowel movements and could not function. I had to cancel two days of work because of my dizziness, a headache and thought blocking was so bad. I became completely dehydrated. Of course my doctor said to stop the medication immediately. I am now about a month post and still do not feel well - I had a minor bought of depression - constant tearfulness for no reason and I am battling some sort of fatigue. I am an educated professional and have dealt with psoriasis for my entire life - this was my first time agreeing to take a medication orally. It was a horrific experience. Anything that can cause this type of violent reaction in my mind is unhealthy."

Anonymous March 20, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had psoriasis and pasoriatic arthritis for the 10 years. I have tried all kinds of creams nothing has helped. Until this pill! OMG I'm completely amazed of how much my psoriatic arthritis has gone with this pill. I would cry every day with pain of the joints . The pain I would have in my neck was soooo bad. This is a amazing pill and everyone should try it. Form my psoriasis it has helped some but for my psoratic arthoritis it has been amazing plus do the 0 copay bc my insurance wanted $3500 a month and I couldn't do that at all. Thanks so much for this pill!!It literally has saved my life with pain daily!!"

nea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "After trying other treatments for 22 years, to no avail, my derm gave me a few starter packs when Otezla first came out. Within 6 weeks my skin was much better. Within 4 months my psoriasis was GONE. I kept taking for 3 years after a war with my insurance co (they finally covered it, thanks to my determined doctor who saw the results) and then decided to pull back to one a day instead of two afraid they’d stop paying when I had to switch insurance companies. I even went on vacation for 2 weeks and forgot my pills entirely. My psoriasis still didn't come back and hasn't despite the fact that I take maybe 3 pills a week. I think it may have actually cured me! This is truly a miracle drug for those whose systems can take it. And I never had side effects worse than some running to the bathroom issues in the first months. God bless whomever discovered Otezla!!"

HG (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "By the time I finished the starter pack (2 weeks) I was already showing signs of improvement. Two weeks later I was 99% clear. Little bit of loose stools, but no depression (so far). I've cut back to one tablet per day, but too early to see if it comes back."

DrewLM (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on Otezla going on my 4th year I had plaque psoriasis and swelling of joints I was nauseous for maybe 2 weeks when I started, my ring finger was a size nine and now it’s a size five that’s how much swelling has gone down for me. All my plaque was completely gone by the 3rd month which included my whole head my ears and unmentionable parts! I don’t have depression or any other side affects for me this drug is amazing!"

Trista7777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "When ointments are not as effective as they used to be, I started researching other treatments for Psoriasis. It's a constant battle on my head and wearing black is becoming more difficult. I'm not considering injection therapy so Otezla seemed the perfect solution. Side effects began on day 2 and started to subside after 2 weeks. However, the tension headaches got worse and I stopped treatment after 2 1/2 weeks. I saw little impact on my psoriasis, but I probably didn't take it long enough. However, my Psoriatic Arthritis was completely gone, which of course is acting up again. I so wished this would have worked for me."

Hausfrau (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Was prescribed and took for 8 months for plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. After a month began to notice a big reduction in plaques but only mild relief in pain. After 4 months began to experience depressed feelings and random dark thoughts while nothing had changed in life circumstances. Decided to go off when scared myself with thoughts of crashing my vehicle while driving. However, be warned the psoriasis plaques is worse now than before I took the meds and the joint pain is back. Would not recommend."

StillSuffering478 February 18, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been taking Otezla for the months and I see absolutely no change at all and my plaque psoriasis seems to even gotten worse."

COCOTHECAT (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I’ve had plaque psoriasis on my scalp/right ear for less than one year. I’ve read many of the reviews here but I’m not letting the negatives discourage me from Otezla because some negative reviews could be from drug competitors and (since each person reacts differently to drugs) without knowing a person’s medical history or if they’re taking other drugs, there’s no way to be sure if their results/side-effects are a direct result of Otezla. So (while it’s good to know others experiences) don’t necessarily allow them to dictate your choice to try it (especially if your plaque psoriasis affects you like it affects me.) I have a history of headaches (mostly sinus), occasional depression, and irregular sleep patterns; however, the condition itself adds to my depression and sleep problems. It’s only been 7 days – no noticeable improvement but experiencing NO side-effects. I’m still positive and hopeful. I’ll continue posting updates!"

Cinderfnrella February 2, 2018