User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.4

Summary of Otezla reviews 5.4 265 reviews

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "Third day in the starter pack. Marked improvement in scale and red cracked skin on my face, scalp and belly button. Slight stomach discomfort on day one, barely noticed. I work out riding a bike 21 miles, 1.2 hours daily, which I feel may help me also. Hopeful. I can see people now, and not feel judged for my skin."

Iron fist (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My dermatologist put me on Otezla for Granuloma Annulare. Mine is rare in that it is widespread and "recalcitrant." I have been on it for almost 2 weeks now. I have nausea and bathroom urgency throughout the day, though it is lessening as the days go by. I have not yet reached to full dose as I was instructed to take a dose only on a full stomach and I am too nauseous to eat two large meals a day. So I'm up to 30 mg once a day. The headaches have mostly subsided so it gives me hope that I will get acclimated to the other side effects. However I am so uncomfortable and full of aches and pains and exhaustion that I can't tell if I'm depressed or not! I sure don't feel like doing anything at all. So time will tell. I revisit the derm at 5 weeks. So far, I have not noticed any changes in my GA lesions."

GAgirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla worked great...for a while. Started in February few side effects was completely clear in months. Unfortunately it seems to have stopped working and psoriasis is returning."

Sometime (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "My main issue is Palmoplantar Pustular Psoriatic Arthritis, along with inverse and plaque psoriasis. I took Otezla for 59 days before calling it quits because it did nothing for my psoriasis but the nausea was 24 hr 7 days a week. Doc wanted me to stay on it but too sick to my stomach to go any longer. Exactly what is the timeframe to see improvement anyway?? I thought 59 days was enough! Barf."

Boo0202 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Been psoriatic since 1999, sometimes very bad. I am 51 year old. I have been on Otezla for about 3 months and skin has cleared. Initially it was bad when I followed a timed regime to take the medicine twice daily. I changed that (my decision) to take it along with two large meals which for me is brunch and dinner. Since my stomach movements are now too frequent, my skin is clear besides significant loss of weight, good bpm score, lesser exhaustion and more energy for exercise! Good job Celgene"

Bamiyan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've been taking Otezla since June 29th 2018. I was prescribed Otezla by the dermatologist but plaque was not present just dry skin. A small small patch of dry skin on my arm prompted a biopsy and that's how I got my Psoriatic arthritis diagnosis. My issue is I do not and never had any plaque skin issues just joint pain and I don't find this medication handling the joint pain on a daily basis. Every so often I'll get a severe pain in a finger joint, a bone in my foot or shoulder pain. I'm not sure if I need to continue taking this. I also have osteoarthritis have had knee replacement and now was told I need hip replacement. I'm going to give this medication one more month and see what the outcome will be. One good thing is I had no side effects at all."

Mimi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I’ve been on Otezla for about 4-5 months now. The first month I definitely saw some clearing in my original areas which were always on the upper part of my feet, scalp and a bit on my knees every now and then. Now starting my 5th month on it, I’ve begun to get breakouts in places I’ve never ever had problems like my fingers, wrists and as of the past couple days the soles of my feet. I’ve never had so many breakout areas...when I told my dermatologist in my follow up that I wasn’t cómpletely sure it was working, her first reaction was to keep me on Otezla until the end of the year to give it time to work. When I told her I’d been feeling a bit down and had nausea...she told me straight up that statistically most people suffer from depression so not to worry. I really got the vibe that she didn’t care and that she’s probably getting a commission from Otezla for keeping me on it. I’m really considering getting off it...Otezla for me has done more bad than good."

CVL September 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started taking Otezla in 2015 for inverse psoriasis. I experienced nausea, diarrhea, migraine headaches, and extreme fatigue for the first 6 months. The intragluteal fold fissures and fissures under my breast and arms were gone in less than a month. I had plaque on my shins that were spreading painfully and rapidly and my skin cleared in less than 3 months. The side effects were horrible, but tolerable. I reported the extreme fatigue because I was unable to drive a full ride home without calling for a ride when I was driving. I found myself pulling over to sleep because I couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm taking a stimulant now, and my skin remains clear. This medication has really helped me and the side effects are now tolerable. I get sporadic headaches, nausea every day, but my skin is not open any more."

Maria September 9, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am day 5 into the starter pack and I have to tap out. It gives me headaches. It causes nausea and the second I eat something, it causes loose, somewhat urgent bowel movements. The worst part though is the acid reflux thing going on. I am burping often and cannot sleep due to the burn. It's so uncomfortable and I have been popping Rolaids like tic tacs. My doctor thought it would help with my nail psoriasis since it is so difficult to get rid of. I did did have pretty stubborn psoriasis on my elbows that has never gone away with anything and it took about a month for my insurance to approve the Otezla so in the meantime he did give me Clobex spray to try that and it's the best thing I've ever used. My elbows we're clear in two weeks as well as the rest of my body and I have not used in a week since we starting Otezla and nothing has come back. I am going to ask for more of this and try to use it more aggressive on the nails."

Courtlynn September 3, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've just started Otezla and have had only the second day with some vomiting but other than that no real side effects. I'm hoping this is easier than I have read regarding the side effects. Will keep updating as I get further down the road"

Oliver (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Some temporary improvement with the medication for 6-8 months, then stopped helping and plaques returned or increased"

Mid west doc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla, ;( my back hurts again, daily headaches, and feel so tired every day! Wake up with leg cramps every night.. Like jumping out of bed cause they hurt so bad. I'm a painting contractor on ladders everyday, my legs feel very weak and shaky. Besides that, my teeth and nails throb. Back pain! it's absurd how bad it hurts.. My energies are so low..."

just me (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I hated this drug! I made me feel depressed, feel sick, and tired all the time! I would rather have what it is supposed to temporarily relieve symptoms of- than to go through all of the side effects. why do the pharmaceutical corporations always try just try to rent us reductions to symptoms rather than cure the problem? One word; "Profit!""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "1 year on Otezla and my TSA, ALT, and glucose levels have all doubled. While Otezla does not indicate the need to have monthly liver tests I strongly encourage anybody starting to take this medication to discuss with their doctor getting baseline and reoccurring blood work done for at least the first year. I started Otezla in July of 2017. The reasons for taking it was to treat psoriasis of the nails, dactylitis (swollen fingers), and a few stubborn psoriasis patches in the hair line, in ear, and a patch of inverse psoriasis. Pros: Dactylitis gone in a month, 1 year nail psoriasis improved 60%. I still have psoriasis patches but they are smaller and less frequent. There is slight reduction in inverse psoriasis. Cons: TSA, ALT and glucose levels doubled in a year. Bowel movements occur within an hour after eating anything and really any other time of day including waking you up in the middle of the night."

middle aged guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Wow, I guess I have been living in a bubble. I am stunned to read some of these negative comments. I have been on Otezla for over a couple years now. After the initial common short-term side effects, I have had continuous 90 to 95% clear skin. Psoriasis used to control so much of my life, keeping my dry patches covered in public. Now I just wear whatever I want. No more long sleeves all summer and I can wear sandals again. For me Otezla equals freedom. I am so grateful!"

NoelNoel (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Rashes in crotch area for at least 5 years. Rash on chest for decades. Acne for 55 years. Scaly patches on arms, legs, back for 10-15 years. Pitted dry fingernails for 30 years. Dry eyes, dry mouth. Dupuytren’s Contracture for several- maybe 5-10 years. Lower back pain for over 40 years. Severed shoulder tendon. Both Achilles Tendons sore. In the past 40 years only have had 2 or 3 pain free days. I have read 4 pages of reviews. My heart goes out to you all. To us all. This is an unpredictable disease. Yesterday was day 4, 20mg + 20 mg and I had marked relief in hand and finger pain. Although swelling has not abated. I had a mild and short-lived headache, and mild but longer lived stomach pain. Today I awoke with more swelling in my fingers than ever, painful- but not more pain than ever. I took 20mg + 30 mg today. Swelling and pain both decreasing as the day wears on. Mild stomach pain - short lived. Stronger and longer headaches, but easily tolerable."

GoSox1 August 7, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had very mild psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis and was put on Humira about 10 years ago. I thought I might have been in remission so I stopped. After 18 months, I finally went back to the Dr and she suggested Otezla. I started otezla about 11 weeks ago. I only had mild stomach issues. I wanted to lose weight so that side effect was welcome (lost 20lb), I found my appetite was greatly reduced. 5 weeks in my joint pain was getting better but I developed the worst upper respiratory problem that I ever had. I do not get sick typically - even while on Humira. It was really bad for about a week but it is now 5 weeks into this upper respiratory issue and it continues to linger - I'm taking both Sudafed and Mucinex dm so the symptoms are milder (a mild cough, ears plug up off and on). I have not read many people who had upper respiratory reactions. I still have about 3 weeks until I reach the full efficacy point so I think I will stick it out for the time being."

john_r July 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "When I first started taking Otezla I was skeptical, but after 2 months I could really see improvement. Now after 5 months, my psoriasis started getting worse than before. I had outbreaks in new areas and flare ups from old. I had hoped it would work, but I was wrong."

Jimbo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I got psoriasis at age 29. Plaque psoriasis all over scalp and spots all over body except my hands and feet. I started Otezla at age 31. I took this medicine for 4 months. It was awful. I stuck through the nausea because I figured it would be worth it if it helped my psoriasis. It did nothing for my psoriasis, not even in the slightest. After 4 months, I decided it was either have psoriasis and be nauseous a few hours every day or have psoriasis and not be nauseous. I stopped taking Otezla at that time. I would never recommend this medication to anyone."

Phoenix2012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on this pill Otezla for 3 months for plaque psoriasis on the soles of my feet only. Absolutely no improvement. In fact, worse since I stopped. My neck is itchy and red now. Hope it's not psoriasis. I never had it there before. Seems like a scam. Will now try Humira after wasting 3 months of my life on hold waiting for Otezla to work."

Sandra M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on otezla for only a month it has taken the pain from my fingers and elbows away. It is starting to work on my plaque psoriaisis I have had psoriasis for 56 years. I'm 73 now otezla is working the best out of anything else I have tried. I had very few side affects just a little nausea not much I sure hope it keeps working"

rml313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "From the start I had joint pain. I needed a couple of advil every day. The stiffness is slowly increasing also. It's been 5 months. We are now going to try something else. I go to the bathroom 3 times a day. My stomach is very upset after taking the pill for 3 hours. My stomach is getting worse. I have a yogurt everyday and avoid disruptive foods. My teeth hurt. At first they woke me up during the nite and I had to have advil for the pain. Now it is mild a couple times a week. My psoriasis has completely disappeared thats the good."

CHANCE (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medication has horrible side affects. Luckilythe side effects, only lasted for 2 weeks for myself before they settled down. Unfortunately Otezla medication has zero effect on my condition."

Beatdown (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I began seeing a dermatologist after a bad experience with an esthetician. My skin along my hairline face and ears was scaling and peeling horribly. I had my first appointment and the doctor immediately told me I had psoriasis and skin infection. I never had any issues with my skin other than normal acne. I was prescribed a lot of medication to get it under control. Otezela was one of them. I have been taking almost three months and have seen significant improvements in the areas that I mentioned above. With that being said I have seen breakouts in areas that I did not have before and they seem to be getting worse. These areas are thighs, left arm and my back. I know no pill is perfect and am extremely happy with the results in original area, but do not want new problem areas. I will be scheduling another appointment with my dermatologist before my body get dependent on this drug."

Aquarius (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I saw nearly 40% clearance within a week of taking Otezla. I went from looking like a burn victim to having clear beautiful skin that wasn't cracking and bleeding. It's amazing. and I have never had a better experience. Humira and Methotrexate did not help me at all, no movement, this is the first drug to change my entire body, or make any change at all. So thankful."

Amy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018