User Reviews for Otezla

6.1
Plaque Psoriasis 56 reviews 17 medications

Summary of Otezla reviews 97 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "took for psoriasis went away!!!! then came back!!! quit cold turkey do not do!!!! side affects are worse coming off drug. acts like a narcotic!!!!! i too thought the sides effects were worth it but it comes back!!!! one side effect not mentioned bad mood swings!!! and have panic attacks when you try to get off the drug!!!! people need to know."

moedad July 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Otezla for 4 months. I experienced the headaches thy every person seems to be getting, but I was willing to fight through those if the medication worked. I never saw any clearing but I did get a horrible rash all over my chest and back. It went away after I went off it. Don't take this med! Unfortunately I also have Crohn's disease and take Humira - which works wonders for the Crohn's but doesn't affect my psoriasis at all. I'm stuck with the topicals and kenolog injections again."

Tina Z. in MN July 16, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "for my psoriasis keep it under control ,but for my arthritis ,omg it's like having a new life my bones stop hurting and I can walk more than ever. Otezla should be for Arthritis more than psoriasis"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "My feet have always been the worst, with hands next. My feet actually got better but my hands are way worse and now I have plaques on the front of my legs. A bad trade off !!"

Elelcart (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Otezla has changed my life for the better. My arms, legs, stomach, scalp and personal areas were covered with psoriasis for decades. It was very depressing, I hid under clothes no thought everyone was staring at my horrible looking skin. I had tried every ointment and cream know to treat psoriasis. Nothing worked. I finally, went to anew dermatologist and asked him about Otezla - I have been researching many oral melds but were afraid of the side affects. He said that Otezla could work, that the side affects were minimal but the success rates were not super high. I started on the Otezla pills long with Enstilar spray cream. After 2 months I was free and clear. It has been miraculous, my skin is smooth, & my self confidence has gone up."

Caroljcarolj265 July 13, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "So far so great! I've had zero gastro-intestinal side effects or headaches and tremendous clearing of my skin after only 2 weeks (started with the starter pack). I am full of energy and body feels great! I have 1 bridging pack and now comes the challenge of getting my insurance to cover it... fingers crossed!!!"

Mimimalone July 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I notice there haven't been any recent otezla review postings. Does that mean everyone is so sick and tired of talking about this useless drug that makes you feel constantly lousy?"

red skin (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I LOVED Otezla !! Sadly I am an asthmatic - the multiple respiratory infections and the persistent coughing was too much - Oddly My pulmonologist read up on the drug and it has been used to treat respiratory conditions but it triggered my asthma - Psoriasis went away !!! Skin looked amazing !! Some diarrhea- but would have sacrificed that for the amazing results - wish there was an alternative"

Sweet M July 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had to stop Otezla after 16 days due to vomiting and severe diarrhea. I felt generally fine until day 16 and was beginning to see improvements. Seven days now after stopping Otezla and still have 7-10 diarrhea episodes per day and significant fatigue. I do not plan to restart."

sonomaco July 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Otezla had recently been approved. After three months on Otezla my skin was mostly clear (psoriasis returned FAST post-Embrel). I was able to stop ibuprofen completely. The pain was reduced to 1/10. Anti-nausea meds helped with stomach discomfort of Otezla side effects. Fourteen months in, the nausea was getting worse, lasting all day. Tremors. Appetite non-existent. Fatigue and anxiety increasing to unbearable levels. Spending more time in bed than not. Pain returning to joints... especially hands, feet, and lower back. Stopped Otezla three weeks ago. Appetite is back, nausea and diarrhea gone. Anxiety minimal. Energy level much higher. Was only going to stop Otezla for two weeks. I believe I am done with Otezla. Quality of life decision."

acmelabs (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Within weeks my plaque psoriasis disappeared. Chronic diarhea caused me to stop taking it. P came back within weeks. Several months ago I was in a motorcycle accident and sprained my wrist. Never got better, got worse. Diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Thinking of trying it again. Don't know if I can take living on the toilet. Hoping my body will get used to it but not opptomistic."

Jmj49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was prescribed Otelza for psoriatic arthritis in my knees and psoriasis on my knees and shins. After 6 months of regular usage, my knee pain has resolved but my psoriasis remains entirely unaffected, (I had way better visible skin results using Triamcinolone cream once a day at bedtime). But what I wanted to share is why I came off Otezla this month: I lost 23 pounds these last 3 months, developed a bowel problem where I had to rush to #2 after most meals, lost some appetite in general, and worst of all, I developed terrible anxiety and fears that I never experienced before. I also lost my sense of joy overall, even though I did not quite reach the lows of depression. I am on day #2 of no Otezla. I am starting to feel better already."

Stillwater_OK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Otezla for 3 months and saw some clearing on my skin and definitely had severe headaches and diarrhea, but had to to stop taking it because I developed a respiratory infection. At first I thought there was no connection. After a month, I started back up and my skin became progressively worse, but I stuck it out as I was told by dermatologist it takes time to adjust to it. By the 4th month my skin was so badly inflamed it was pure agony to put clothes on. I broke it places I never had psoriasis, to top it all off, I developed yet another respiratory infection and was told by Pulmonary doctor that it is a side effect of the medication and that I had to stop taking it due to its dangers to people with asthma, wish I knew that."

Karly45 June 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Went on starter pack of Otezla. Am on second week now and hands are again horrible, swelling splitting open and bleeding on almost every finger and one palm. Have it on feet also but not nearly as bad. I am trying to hang on to see if it will turn around. I did have headache and diarrhea last week, eating more before taking it. I am back on tapering dose of Prednisone to help with the horrible symptoms. Trying to last a month with Otezla to see if it will, in fact, work for me, but trying to go on trips or be seen out and about is not easy when everyone focuses on your hands and their leprosy-like appearance. Luckily my work friends are very supportive, even bringing in lotions they made and holistic medicines for me."

catjack (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for over 20 years. I started this medication 3 months ago my psoriasis have never been worse 80% of my body is covered in psoriasis. My arthritis has also been an issue but not to the same extent. I would never recommend this medication to anyone."

Becca5512 June 16, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "On Otezla for 5 weeks and seems to be doing its job. Rashes have gotten pale and very quite. only problems have been some AM headaches and slight nausea. Corporate has been very helpful in getting me this medication."

JXW (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Went thru starter pack. Now on 2ns week pack. Made areas less angry. Still red and itchy but less scales. ZERO side effects. Will report back in a few weeks. Praying it helps more."

M NOLA June 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I guess I am one of the lucky ones! I love this medication and the people at Otezla have been completely supportive and generous with me. For the first time in years I can wear whatever I want! I recently took my first hot tub in about 5 years. No redness. Otezla started to show some progress after 2 weeks, and continued to improve over 3 months, at which point I still had a few rough patches, but no redness. My side effects are mild and as expected. No weight loss, but my skin is better than it has been in 8 years. My doctor had to apply twice to Blue Shield followed by an appeal to get me 4 months of coverage and Otezla is paying the co-pay. This has been a dream come true for me."

Nikkipeace June 6, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was given this medication after my insurance stopped covering Embrel (which worked awesome for me) the beginning of 2015. To me, this medication what the worst of all worst for my body. While taking this medication, I experience every side effect that it stated and never subsided. I experienced massive headaches, diarreah, and MAJOR weight loss. I had lost 10 - 15 pounds within a 3 month period. Now that iT has been almost a year in a half, I am STILL struggling to gain my weight back. The extreme weight loss now has caused joint issues that has prevented me from doing my daily routine activities. It didn't do much for my plaque psoriasis either. I wouldn't suggest this medication to anyone."

CW95 June 4, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was amazed at how quickly Otezla worked on my Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis. I was ecstatic and I had absolutely no side effects. Unfortunately, it was short lived and 5 months later Otezla stopped completely working for me."

Carr120 May 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "on day 14 of otezla. the usual occasional headaches that i have been plagued with for years are now daily and can be quite intense, which is resulting in lost sleep. the nausea is almost constant. i was hoping for some weight loss, none yet. no diarrhea, in fact, it seems to be the opposite at times. my red spots on legs, arms, feet and hands have doubled. it's the start of summer and i am so discouraged. i wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants every day. i am constantly paranoid about my skin and i stand a certain way, so people won't see my ghastly looking feet. i don;t like anyone walking behind me. i'm stubborn so i will stick with it for now and just live with a headache, nausea and lots of red spots."

red spotted lady May 25, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Enbrel for about 3 years. The only good thing was it cleared my psorasis which was horrible, especially on my scalp, but also on my elbows, waist, legs,etc. I statred to have allergic reactions, and once a t the end had anaphylaxis . Shortness of breath and other symptoms also encouraged me to try Otezla. I am sorry to report that my psorasis immediately returned with a vengence, my scalp is covered with tight painful scales itches, burns,is embarrassing and also is on my elbows and they Crack bleed, hurt . .. but, since I started Otezla, I have been on 4 rounds of antibiotics for URI's, sinus, pneumonia, had terrible diarrhe , swollen glands. I have to go to my Dermatologist next week and am asking for Cosyntex.."

KK2255 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I gave it a try for 2 months, but the abdominal pain, diarrhea, and pounding headaches never went away. I verified that you can cut the pills to try to taper up the dosage and they start you on smaller dosed pills to begin with anyway. After 2 months I never got up to the full dose and my side effects never got better. I did try taking the full dose and had rapid diarrhea and had a pounding headache that lasted 3 days. It was less successful than 3 of the 4 TNF-alpha inhibitors I had tried and less effective than Xeljanz (tofacitinib) at treating my psoriatic arthritis."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started Otezla aftertaste years of psoriasis and the onset of psoriatic arthritis. I saw results within two weeks and was completely clear after second week. I did not have any side of effects except a slight headache, I did nothing different drank beer while on it no side effects."

Yo momma May 18, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have plaque psoriasis and PA for many years now. I was using Enbrel of which in comparison worked miracles. I started Otezla to try something new and not biologic. I was on Otezla for 3 months however, saw very little improvement on my skin and felt my PA became even worst. A finger completely swelled up of which had never happened to me in the past. I also felt more inflammation. The beginning symptoms of irregular bowl movements and major headaches were horrible, but gone after 2 weeks. What did remain up to the last minute were horrible horrible allergies/sinus as if I had a cold the entire time. The longer time on the medication the worst I got. I stopped taking Otezla and all side effects are minimizing. I also felt very depressed."

JustMe78 May 13, 2016