User Reviews for Tremfya

Tremfya has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 52 ratings on Drugs.com. 54% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 31% reported a negative experience.

Plaque Psoriasis
4.6
Summary of Tremfya reviews 6.7 52 reviews

Reviews for Tremfya

Auntjuju · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 1, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have used every topical ointment steroid cream and anything over the counter for my plaque psoriasis. I have also been on methotrexate for years no results at all. I switched to Humira for a year. Again no results. I was considered 90% covered in lesions all over my body. In my dealing with psoriasis it has effected every aspect of my life. I started tremfya and two shots in I’m 100% clear for the first time in 25 years. My whole life has changed. I have not had any side effects at all. Thank You Tremfa!!”

GK · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 15, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “After second shot of Tremfya, both shoulder joints and wrists hurt. Shoulders are worse than wrists. These pains were not there before. But psoriasis is almost gone with 99 percent clearance. Hopefully, the joint pains will go away. Tremfya research staff could make a real difference by collating information from side-effects database filed both with Tremfya itself, doctors around the country, and the FDA. How long do the joint pains last? What percentage of patients gave up on Tremfya because the pains will not go away? After how long did they give up? For those that stayed with Tremfya, how long do pains typically last? All these important information is hidden in the data. Instead, we have almost zero information with the Tremfya nurses and the dermatologists also have no clue. Patients are literally on their own. Would the responsible party, in this case Tremfya and the FDA please step up to the plate and do their job? “Please ask your doctor” is not an answer.”

dukkie · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 7, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “It worked so good it cleared me up 100%. I saved my life and I'm not kidding. I had it so bad I didn't want to live and nothing was helping. This drug worked like no other. I have tried them all. The best part is that it worked in weeks, not months”

Rick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 11, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “After 2 years of light treatments for my psoriasis that did very little, 1 year of costentyx that got rid of about 30% of plaque psoriasis, that seemed to be coming back at the end. I tried Tremfya and it cleared up all patches of psoriasis on my head, back, knees, thighs, arms and even the redness is gone. I have been using tremfya for one year now and with no noticeable side effects. I'm completely happy with it.”

Rere · October 5, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on Humira and Stelera and now Tremfya for a year and a half and it has been the best medication for my plaque Psoriasis! I’m 98% clear from psoriasis for the first time in 37 years!!! I worry in 5 years when I have Medicare and a supplemental it will not be covered! But it’s been amazing for me”

Aychicks · Taken for less than 1 month · June 26, 2021

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have scalp psoriasis and arthritis and am allergic to steroids, tried topical nothing worked. Took my first Tremfya injection last night and I feel horrible, like I have been hit by a truck. Can barely get out of bed, if this is what it’s going to be like I’m not going to take it.. not worth it, praying I feel better tomorrow.”

Redapplescalp · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 24, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “My scalp use to be cover with flakes, rough red skin patches on my scalp, behind ears, very itching and embarrassing all the time for 20 years. Try all medical treatments and including sulfate tree shampoo, conditioner. Started using Tremfya in February 2020 saw results within a month. Now I am clear 98% I love it. I hate syringes, but this treatment has clear psoriasis.”

Misty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 24, 2021

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “It sure has helped me. I have been having Tremfya injections for almost a year now, it improved my skin and scalp after third injection. I have noticed some improvement with joint pain and swelling. The day of injection I get fatigue and the next day tired easy, other then that this injection is working great for me.”

Emlann · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 31, 2022

For Plaque Psoriasis: “For context, I've been suffering for 21 years but in the last 5 it spread to 80% of my body. Head to toe. I started Tremfya December of 2021. Within 3 weeks I started noticing an improvement in the look and the urge to scratch my skin off with a grater had subsided. In 2 months, almost completely gone except a few stubborn spots. Still pink in areas but now 4 months later there are only small pink patches as a reminder. Tremfya has both saved and changed my life. I finally feel like living again instead of waiting impatiently to grow old and die. I haven't noticed any notable side effects.”

KMC · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 6, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I had plaque psoriasis for three years after getting a strep throat infection from my daughter. After ointments creams, steroid packs etc (UVB narrow band treatments as well) nothing worked. By the time I had my third Tremfya injection my red patches and scaly skin were gone. It was amazing for me and I was very very frustrated.”

Kari · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 1, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I had incredible, real results within 4 days of my 1st injection. I went from nearly 80% lesion coverage to no lesions at all. I am 3 months in with no side effects. I am so incredibly grateful. I realize this won't be everyone's outcome. For me the risk was well worth it.”

M · January 21, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Been on Tremfya for 2 years now. Completely got rid of my psoriasis. I get fever blisters every shot though. Recently had flare up of HPV that I haven’t had in. 23yrs.... same partner nothing new. Thinking Tremfya may have caused this since it can cause herpes simplex to flare up it’s a possibility.”

Lee · September 26, 2019

“Tremfya did not work quick enough for my Palmar plantar psoriasis After 3rd shot finally some improvement. . The problem is the 1st 2 weeks it finally starts to work then u get relief and feel elated. Then the 6th week it completely wears off and u suffer for 2 weeks until you can take another shot . Then it takes another 2 weeks to feel relief. Shots need to be closer than 8 weeks .”

Canadianguy · February 21, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I've been on many bios over the last decade. They switched me to tremfya about a year ago from stelara, and I really wish they hadn't. Tremfya works somewhat for the first and second dose. After that it goes to 8 weeks and you suffer for at least half of those. I find it to barely keep psoriasis at bay for the first 3 weeks, then after that you are inflamed and get new spots. Tremfya is absolutely the LEAST effective bio I have used.”

Still waiting.. · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 25, 2021

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I am just about to have my fourth injection. I have not noticed any improvement in joint pain, fatigue or enthesitis. My scalp psoriasis is slightly improved. Initially my joint pain was much worse but now I am back to my baseline joint pain. Still waiting for any other improvements….”

Deb · August 3, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “As a type 1 diabetic that has 15 years of experience with different types of daily injections/pump sites/etc I can say the Tremfya auto injector is the worst injector system I have ever encountered. There’s no needle control and it personally takes a lot of muscle for me to use and it hurts more when you push down enough to inject because the needle digs in. Overall very bad design. However if you dislike seeing needles then it’s good for you because you never see the needle. By the second injection I noticed a big difference in my psoriasis. I’ve had severe plaque psoriasis for years and I just completed my 3rd injection and currently there are no noticeable plaques on my body. I’ve been amazed by the results but I dread each injection. Since being diagnosed with diabetes (at the age of 10) the Tremfya injector is the only needle to ever make me cry and for that I’m pretty frustrated. But for the results I’m getting I’ll absolutely deal with it.”

Dx14 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 14, 2022

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Totally resolved all plaques. Look forward to the shots because I feel like a superhero immediately afterwards-but it doesn’t last 8 weeks. After 4 weeks I’m right back to creaks cracks and pains all over, waiting for my next dose.”

Scott · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 29, 2021

For Psoriasis: “I feel like just so awful! Very sick with pain and I think I have inverse psoriasis Very painful and very itchy. I didn't have any of these issues till I started Tremfya. I have been on the medication for 7 months and went to the Dr and they said keep taking it and if my condition doesn't get better go to your primary. What???? They are the specialists. Don't know what to do please help.”

Wes · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 15, 2019

For Psoriasis: “Started Tremfya Feb 2019 after Taltz stopped working for my psoriasis. Currently about 6 months in I got swelling in my neck. Went to my GP and was told I now have hypothyroidism and a low blood count. Not sure if this was caused by Tremfya but am concerned because my next dose is coming up and I don't know what to do. Will be going to see my dermatologist soon to see what he says. Has anyone had anything like this while on this medication.”

Keziah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · April 27, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on Tremfya for 8 months now. It cleared me up quite a lot within the first 3 months but sadly I saw no more progress since then. I have never been completely clear within the entire time I've been on it. I've also experienced multiple BAD flare ups while taking it. Sadly.. it just didn't work for me. I was hoping to be fully clear by 6 months but that just wasn't the case. I'm seeing my Dermatologist this week to hopefully swap to something else.”

Toasty · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 11, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I’ve been on Tremfya for about a year now. I’ve been a lifelong sufferer of psoriasis and this was the first drug that really cleared up my skin. It’s been amazing but my only issue is that it’s now causing me sensitivity to the sun. I break out with a horrible itchy rash on my hands and chest. I’ve tried all kinds of treatments for that and have yet to find a successful one. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have a thought about what I can do about it? I waited so many years to have clear skin and now this. ”

Ramel · Taken for less than 1 month · April 27, 2022

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Wow just wow I have had plaque psoriasis for 7 years straight I mean when I say nothing helped nothing, otezla, creams or pills nothing. I have just started Tremfya and been on for 6 days now, I noticed it working by day 3 my face hands head everything is starting to clear I’m not even on my second shot and this is a miracle”

High Chaparral · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · March 21, 2022

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Tremfya was OK for Psoriasis but terrible for joint pain. Hobbled down stairs all day long, did not get better thru the day, cannot walk much. Have been in aqua PT for several months. Now rheumy switched me to Stelara every 8 weeks, cannot wait to start it and go for a walk!”

Bryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I've been taking Tremfya for just over 6 months now and I haven't seen any improvement. I was really hoping to get the results others were getting because I've heard 90% of users are clear within 90 days. I haven't experienced any side effects really except I've notice recently I've had to urinate a little more often.”

LC83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · October 4, 2019

For Psoriasis: “Been on Tremfya for about a year now. I had some form of psoriasis on about 80% of my body before I began treatment. After the first injection I had 70% clearer skin and 100% after the second. The needle is tiny and it is really easy to give myself the injection with little to no discomfort. No joint pain, I have hypothyroidism so I cannot comment on the fatigue side effects as I am always tired anyway. Did have minor headaches for a couple days after injections. Loved the drug but within the last month I have started developing plaques on my scalp and elbows again. Sad doesn’t even begin to describe my emotions. I have another 4 weeks until my next injection so we’ll see what happens. Heading back to the dermatologist if my symptoms worsen after that.”