User Reviews for Stelara

Learn more about Stelara.

Psoriasis 78 reviews 311 medications

8.4
Psoriatic Arthritis 4 reviews 58 medications

5.5
Summary of Stelara reviews 82 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Stelara

For Psoriasis "46 year old male. Not to be overly dramatic, but I was ready to commit suicide my skin was so bad. My hands looked like I was a fire victim. My elbows and legs burned and bled constantly. My scalp would flake and drop into my eyes and all over my clothes. I was in constant pain, and my relationships were non existent. Flaky skin would drift off of me whatever I did. I was weeks away from having to leave work and go on disability, which would have been the end of the line for me. Depression set in so badly I just wanted to end it all. Then I found a new dermatologist. Everything changed. My first shot of Stelara made a difference. Nine months later, 90% clear. A few trouble spots, but my hands are CLEAR! What a life changer!"

Wezzley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was given stelara for my severe psoriasis and it completely went away. I was able to concieve a baby, which at that point I decided to stop the injections until after the baby. While I was pregnant I had maybe a few spots show up. Now the baby is 6 months and my psoriasis is back, not as bad but enough to make me want to restart my prescription. While on it I noticed that I was extra tired the day of and the day after receiving the injection as well its not likely I could afford the 5000$ per needle if I didnt have coverage."

mishkack August 10, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have used Stelara now for 8 months. After years of anguish, defeat, pain( physically and mentally) sadness, I feel freed from this terrible curse. My skin/joints looks but mainly FEELS so much better. My quality of life has sky rocketed! Your initial ground work obtaining Doctor appointments, TB testing and establishing the right dosage that is effective for you and receiving assistance helping with cost. Once you get through those things... I guarantee it IS worth it!! DO IT!"

Juliefreed (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was 90% covered. Dermatologist took one look at me and put me on Stelara. Within a week, people started remarking that the plaques along my hairline seemed to be fading. After the booster, all but my scalp and back of thighs had cleared, and both of those were greatly diminished. Within six months, the raised red areas where the plaques had been were clear. At one year, all that's left is minor plaques on my scalp that could be mild dandruff. I have noticed that things like bruises and bug bites seem to take a long time to heal, but given the action of the drug that seems to make sense. My insurance covers the majority of the (expensive!) medication, and there is a program that covers the rest so I have no out of pocket expense on it."

Kybeedai (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

For Psoriasis "Stelara is a life saver. I have psoriasis for over 30 years. I have tried creams, PUVA, Vit A meds, Fumiderm, Otezla nothing has worked. My last med Otezla didn't work for me and made things much worse. I had my first Stelara injection on May 7 2016. After about 10 days I could feel an improvement. After 4 weeks there was a dramatic improvement and I was almost clear. It is 9 weeks since my second injection and my life has changed in so many ways for the better thanks to this medicine. There is a slight redness where some of the patches were but the dermatologist assures me these will fade. I have no side affects whatsoever. Thank you for this life changing medicine and for restoring my self esteem after all this time"

FrostyOne July 24, 2016

For Psoriasis "What a life changer! I started Stelara 2 months ago. It took about a month for me to start seeing some relief and now at the end of my second month, no more itching, redness, and almost all of the psoriasis is gone. I only wish I had started this sooner! Make sure you check out the patient assistance card that can be used in conjunction with your medical insurance."

CreativemominFL July 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've been on Humira and Enbrel. Hands down those two were the worse experiences of my life. So many side effects. I've tried Methroxate and that was even worse!! Finally, I was introduced to Stelara and I haven't had a flare up for two years now. I work out 5 days a week (weight lifting and cardio) and just have the normal muscle soreness. My joints haven't gotten worse at all. My psoriasis is pretty much all gone. I've had no side effects that I can remember. I haven't gained or lost weight. Long term, not sure how this will affect me but I want the quality of life now and I got it with this shot. most insurances will have you paying $200 but if you get the Stelara card, it goes to a $5 per shot copay! (every three months)."

nebskersfan July 19, 2016

For Psoriasis "I had 65% coverage of my body with thick plaque psoriasis. PUVA, methaltrexate, every cream in the book....no improvement. Was fortunate enough to join the clinical trials for stelara in 2005, have been injecting 90 mg every 3 months since then. I am 99.9% clear with no flare ups and PA under control. No side effects that I can recognize. To me Stelara is a life changer."

Livershot June 18, 2016

For Psoriasis "I came down with psoriasis at age 54 and am now 57. It devasted me within 2 months. I lost my finger nails and toe nails. I couldn't walk without help. My hands were useless. I just started with the injections on 2/2/16. Had my 2nd injection on 3/2/16. I've notice some improvement on my left shin area of my leg and my left elbow. Other areas are now pink. My feet are somewhat better but my hands are still bad as I wear examination gloves constantly. I've still have flakes, dryness, itching and bumps as the Stelara hasn't helped "yet" with that. I'm due for my 1st 90 Day shot after these 2 booster shots. I'll see what my Dr. Thinks then on 5/25/16..."

Mr. Timmy D April 19, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have had chronic Psoriasis for 25 years, since I was 9, all over my body, face and hands. I tried Methotrexate when I was 22, and I was finally clear for the first time. I was on this medication for 12 years, with a small break to have my child. Unfortunately it just stopped working, my liver wasn't happy and my Psoriasis was coming back, BAD. My only option was biologic therapy - Humira or Stelara. I had to undergo months of tests to qualify for funding. I finally had my first injection 7 weeks ago, and without exaggeration on the second day I felt my skin changing, relaxing. A week in and it had visably got better, thinner and less angry. Now my skin is 90% clear, just some slight pinkness on my legs. And no side effects! AMAZING!"

Lisamp April 14, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have been on Stelara for almost 3 months. Had the 3rd shot even 1 month earlier than planned. I have psoriasis on my fingers and nails. I think this drug is just overrated. Nothing really happened. Plus the P is coming back on my elbows again after a long recession. I am supposed to take the last 3 shots but I don't think there will be any improvement."

Baknedicem (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since 1978. I had tried just about everything when my dermatologist suggested I take part in the study for a new drug, eventually called Stalara. It worked about 80% and left only two patches of itchy plaque - It has not increased (or decreased) since then. I went off of it (would not sign the papers to put my information in the cloud) in June of last year (2015). Surprisingly, it has not returned any worse in the 7 months I have been off of the drug. The two patches remain the same and all other body parts remain free of plaque. I'm feeling pretty good about that - I hope it continues."

HIML (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 8, 2016

For Psoriasis "At the start, after 2 injections, I was 99.5% cured, then the NHS decided to stop my treatment on the retirement of my Dr , in 5 weeks, the Psoriosis returned, worse than it had ever been, after 8 weeks still no treatment forth coming, my whole body was burning red hot & 75% scaley, had an injection 3 months ago, 99.9% of my body had cleared of Psoriosis in 2 months, I am due my next one next week, the NHS is holding it back again, I am dreading what is going to happen to me & my body if i don't get the next injection."

maktavish March 2, 2016

For Psoriasis "This has been great for me. I've struggled with psoriasis for 16 years, then this last year I developed psoriatic arthritis too. I was given Stelara after much struggle with the insurance company. The 45 mg dose helped and did more for my psoriasis than my arthritis but the 90mg dose has changed everything. My hand and my feet are almost completely free of psoriasis and my arthritis is nothing like it was this time last year. Crazy expensive but it has changed my life."

Luluplus2 February 22, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was on the medication for over 2 years. Went off to get pregnant. My psoriasis has come back 100 percent worse. 2x as bad 2x more spots. I am now covered everywhere it is a disaster."

graciehonalulu12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2016

For Psoriasis "Hello everyone and warm thanks for all extremely helpful comments! I received my second Stellar injection about one month ago, an phased out the cyclosporine one week ago. The skin is incredibly clear of spots (since 25 years it has not been this good), but as a change, an almost intolerable itching started. a) Would anyone have experience how to calm down the itching? Taking sodium bicarbonate with water seems to help a bit, but I am still scratching in my sleep. I have allergies, and thought that maybe antihistamine could work. Thanks in advance for any hints you may have!"

Itching - any help? (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Psoriasis "I am 41, I have had psoriasis since I was 3 and was misdiagnosed from the beginning as anything from warts to cradle cap. I've used Cole tar, all of the lights(including PUVA), steroids, vitamin D, diet, Chinese herbs, acupuncture and methotrexate ( probably more I can't remember). I have never been more clear than I am now. I've had no side effects that I am aware of and couldn't be happier. I was afraid of biologics, but I should have embraced them sooner"

Drumthwackett January 30, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had psoriatic arthritis for the past 12 years every treatment failed on me including photo therapy, humira, enbrel, etc. I was covered approximately 70% and completely covered on my face and head. I tried stelara and after 6 months got decent clearance I could see my face again. I am at one year now and at month 10 it just failed hard, I right back where I started. I can just shake my head, hair, and face over a sink and completely cover it scales, chunks, paste, and slough from my psoriasis. I very frustrated . No one should have to live through this. I haven't been on a date in over a decade. No one even talks to me, I am in complete isolation. I hate stelara because it gave me hope"

Crusty One (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2015

For Psoriasis "Had psoriasis for 14 years started in palm of my hands which was really bad for 8 years then my legs, past three years spread all over 90%, no sleep, severe itcing at night, skin shred everyday from room to room embarrassed to go any where wore clothing all over even gloves I have not even visited family I was depressed I had from puva, uv treatment, tar cream endless of cream and ointment all failed , December 4th 2015 had my first shot of stelara I must say they have saved my life, no more bleeding, no shredding I still have a long way to go but my skin show so much improvement. thank you I feel so much better This is a miracle drug for all of us who suffer from p Thank you Annette"

ann200240 December 26, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have Crohn's disease and was put on remicade to treat it and then I developed medical induced psoriasis it's so bad and painful I can't walk some days and I have a hard time opening things like doors. All of hair fell out and be a 24 year old girl I was devastated. I was put on stelara at an abnormally high dose of 90mg 1 a month for a few months now I'm at 6 weeks the goal is to get me to 8 weeks stelara has made an improvement my hair has started to grow back in and right after the shot I can walk and my hands start to heal but within a couple of weeks I back slide again but stelara has really helped me not lose my mind completely if I was a normal psoriasis person maybe it would be better."

Ney2015 December 5, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have been on stelara for over 1 year now. Had psoriasis on the palms of my hands and feet very badly. It has worked very well and i only get ocassional little flares now as oposed to not being able to walk. Side effects have been acceptable, noticed I get sick more easily and am prone to migraines when first taking a shot. Overall I would recommend Stelara for someone who is suffering."

Ndam November 7, 2015

For Psoriasis "28 year old male.. Been on stelara for 2.5 months went from 70% covered to almost 0% it had worked amazingly... Just a question does any pay know how long it takes to start seeing some of the red go away that was in the really bad spots? Thanks all and good luck"

Adamacierno October 20, 2015

For Psoriasis "Stelara is a wonder drug! It has cured up to 98% of the psoriasis I have suffered from for 50 years. No side effects (so far) apart from helping with arthritis of the knees. I can recommend this drug, although very expensive, from my personal experience."

Clic August 9, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have had servere psoriasis for 15 years I am now 34 nothing has work apart from u v but the condition soon came back after treatment since being on stelara I have notice a 90% improvement before starting I was 80% covered I could not hardly walk I had thick scales from my neck right down to my ankles since I have been on stelara all I have is a long thin white patch on the inside of my right leg and and I still have some red on both sides of my stomic,i have never felt so healthy or happy blood test always come back clear and I can at last wear shorts and tops with no sleeves with out worrying about what people think"

kevstar33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

For Psoriasis "64 year old Male Chronic Plaque Psoriasis since age 12. Hospitalised many times. Previously tried everything including PUVA, UVB & Tar, Dithranol, Topica Steroids, Topical Calcipitrol , Acetretin, Cyclosporin, Methotrexate, Fumaric Acid Esters, Infliximab (Remicade) and finally now Stelara. All treatments with the exception of Acetretin and Cyclosporin have been effective to some degree up to full clearance but the relapse time was always short. Was on Remicade for 3.5 years which was very effective but lost its effect over the last 6 months. Have just had my 3rd set of injections (2 at a time) and am as clear as I have ever been in 52 years. Truly life changing. Paid for by NHS!"

Harry64 July 22, 2015