User Reviews for Stelara

Psoriatic Arthritis
6.6

Summary of Stelara reviews 8.1 120 reviews

Reviews for Stelara

For Psoriasis "My psoriasis has been around for 35 years. I kept it under control with a UVB light rack I installed at home. 6 months ago, it started raging....all over and bright red! I was at a loss, so I tried the Stelara. I have been on it for 4 weeks, and the change is dramatic. I only show signs of some scaling, but no redness anywhere! I did catch a serious cold 2 weeks in -any connection?? I am VERY pleased so far."

glee (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Psoriasis "It cleared psoriasis, last resort treatment. Now two years in- only problem started having symptoms of atrial fibrillation (AF) ? Is it stelara ? or age,(50) mother has AF."

louise (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

For Psoriasis "Ive had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 April 6, 2018

For Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "Have been on Stelera one year and it has worked great. No more Crohns symptoms. Humira did nothing for me"

Jane (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

For Psoriasis "hair loss, more plaques, weakness, infections irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), eyelash gone, pain remains but less"

zippy6545 February 13, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I am on week 2 on the initial Stelara IV infusion. So far, no side affects! (As I had with Humira, Cimzia, and Remicade). I have noticed that I am able to tolerate milk a bit more than I was able to prior. Not as much gas or abdominal cramping. Looking forward, and hoping the medicine will help me achieve remission!"

Crissymarie90 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Psoriasis "Started on Stelara 11/7/2012. Have been 98% clear ever since. 1/19/2018. I have been on them all. 32 years of psoriasis . Enbrel worked great but quit after 4 years. Stelara has been doing wonders for about 6 years. All bloodwork in order"

Gunnyhwy11 January 20, 2018

For Psoriasis "It's been 3 weeks today since my 1st shot and I am seeing a little bit of clearing on my arms, my back, stomach and legs are still the same but I am itching more now than before the shot, I still feel that Stelara will work for me but my body has to adjust to it. I never did want to use injections but my psoriasis is so bad that as much as I do not want the next shot, I can't wait to get it..."

Itchybob January 12, 2018

For Psoriasis "Have had severe psoriasis for over five years, I have tried all the creams and lotions, had light therapy and various drugs etc. I was delighted when the medics finally said I was eligible for biologics as I had heard such good things about them. Had my first Stelara injection in October, the second at the end of November and nothing whatsoever had happened! It has had no effect! My skin is now ablaze and I feel I am worse off than when I started this treatment. I am due to see the consultant again at the end of January, I hope he has a second 'wonder drug' up his sleeve because this one has, for me, been totally useless!"

Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I started stelara in 2013 cleared me up, miracle drug. Two years later I developed psoriatic arthritis and stelara did not help my arthritis. My dr switched me to cosentyx back in April and my lower leg is broke out and cosentyx is not helping my arthritis. My dr is swithing me to taltz now. I have never taken any TNF's such as Humira but may have too."

sandbaby26 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2017

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since the age of my early twenties around the knees and then slowly it spread to arms buttocks and eventually about 90% of my body. I tried all the creams with little to no help. Realized that the disease was from the inside and then tried the Juicing of fruits and vegetables which was very helpful. In 2015 I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my back and doctor suggested Stelara. My case was very severe so I was prescribed the .95 mg dose. First injection was noticeable in a few weeks easy. I have been taking the treatment for close to 2 years now and I am about 95% completely clear. Absolutely amazed by the results. All my blood tests have all been normal. The enjoyment of being psoriasis free is overwhelming!"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

For Psoriasis "I have psorasis on and off for over 20 years. It effected my ankles only with a small patch on elbows from time to time which has not come back for longest time. However the ankles would flair up so bad. Tried all the creams possible, Dovenex, Betnovate, mix by the pharmacist with tar in it .. and many more. All of these worked for awhile. The I took tablets internally, Acretin, Fumaderm... did not work. Side effects such as hot flushes, aches and pain, headaches. Then got tested for Stelera. Sceptical about taking an injection. All good so far .. started in early November 2017. I did use a fantastic foam recommended by my GP while impatiently waiting and suffering to get Stelera. Working from the inside now :))"

Mom60 November 30, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have taken 2 shots of this medication and have not noticed a slight difference in my arthritis or my dry skin.Would not recommend if your arthritis is severe."

rollover (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Stelara's been a great for me. I'm 64, have had Crohn's for 50 years and undiagnosed for 20 years until my mid-30's. I'm now in the best shape I've been in decades--no cramping pain for 3 years since starting injections. Been biking 30 miles a week, playing flag football and basketball, working with weights and a trainer 3x weekly. No side effects--yay!"

Life with Crohn's (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Hello I am 59 year old women who has psoriatic arthritis for over 7 years now. I was on remecade and decided to try something else so my RMD put me on stelara. So here's the thing although my psoriasis cleared up my arthritis is bad I've only been on it for 2 months so I am giving it more of a chance. Anyone else here have arthritis and on stelara? Thoughts please and thank you"

Susannn September 27, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Stelara has worked fantastically for me where Humira was a failure. I found that the biweekly Humira shots were not enough to control symptoms but the initial 8 week infusion of Stelara has been great."

KrullX (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

For Psoriasis "I'm a 65 year old male. Psoriasis since I was 30. Tried every RX and treatment there was with little help. Now into my 4th year on Stelera and it's been a blessing. No issues with my skin. Completely clear and no side effects for me other than tiredness. Otherwise in great health and take no other meds. It's the best. I'm thankful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

For Psoriasis "I am 47 year old Australian male, and had my first Stelara 45mg injection 3 weeks ago. I can honestly say Stelara is definitely working for me. Although my lesions are still visible, the "angriness" has subsided and scaling almost gone. Most of my PS patches are starting to look like sun spots or birth marks. I think a holiday in the sun will fix that up! It is slow progress, so I will be interested to see what happens following my booster injection next week. I just hope the improvement doesn't stop at where I am currently. No adverse side effects for me at this stage, but as suggested by my nurse, I am much more proactive when it comes to avoiding infections, such as coughs, colds or flu and we are in our winter season. So far so good."

googs0001 July 28, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had severe psoriasis for 22 years. Last year I developed psoriatic arthritis too. The pain was debilitating and made dealing with my skin even harder. It took doctors 6 mth to prescribe Stelara but once I got it, I got my life back. I've only had 2 jabs but I feel fantastic and my skin us 100% improved. A wonder drug for me. I pray to God it doesn't fail like Humira and Cosentyx. Good luck to all of you suffering with these horrific disease's"

Debidibdobs June 6, 2017

For Psoriasis "Dear all. I am 49 yrs old (M) just start the treatment. I just would like to let you know after a week my affected skin spectacularly improved. Improved mean I do not have any peeling areas…:-) I will get another injection for next month, and after every quarter. I am starting to believe again it will works after many other useless alternative treatment.. Although I do not know the side effects .. I'm a little frightened of what I read .. but I am so happy :-)"

ZiggyHUN May 24, 2017

For Psoriasis "I have had severe Plaque Psoriasis for 32 years. I am a 50 year old male. I have tried everything you can imagine over all those years. Even a 6 week program at The University of Michigan did not help the 85% coverage I have had since I was 18. Nothing worked until July of 2016 I had my firat Stelara injection. Within 3 months I was almost clear and almost a year later I am clear except for a couple spots under my fingernails. It is a miracle to me. If you have lived with it you know what I mean."

Kdub766 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2017

For Psoriasis "I highly recommend Stelara. After getting my first shot I immediately felt my skin clearing up and by the next day about 60% was gone. That week 80% was gone (btw I have guttate psoriasis) and I was super stoked because I've tried metho, cyclo,and Enbril (enbril only made my skin worse) but nothing really worked 100%. After my second shot which was a month after my first one I noticed it start coming back even on my scalp and I hadn't had it there in years. About 60% has came back. Luckily I had no side effects though. I think this could be the answer for a lot of psoriasis sufferers! My skin is just stubborn and hard to treat but not as bad as most people ):"

Vanessaaaaaa May 17, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Does not work for me. Much worse after 3 shots. Extreme fatigue."

Megszandra May 12, 2017

For Psoriasis "I was placed on Stelara Jan 2016 after suffering Moderate to Severe Psoriasis for 43 yrs (Im 47) yup my whole life with this hideous curse. Stelara for me was great I had NO SIDE EFFECTS I went from 80% covered to less then 10% after the 4th injection. Severe pain forced me to seek biologics not vanity. In Oct 2016 I was diagnoised with Thyroid Cancer and was removed from Stelara for next 2 yrs. "Sigh" Stelara DID NOT cause my thyroid cancer I was sick with thyroid issues a couple of years prior to using Stelara even after repeated visits to my Doctor and many specialists who all told me for 3 years my issues were in my head and after all this it ended up being all in my throat. Psoriasis sufferers are treated like complainers by most Dr."

Battyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017