User Reviews for Stelara

Stelara has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 196 ratings on Drugs.com. 72% of those users who reviewed Stelara reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Psoriasis
1.5
Summary of Stelara reviews 7.5 196 reviews

Reviews for Stelara

Jethrox · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2021

For Crohn's Disease: “Stelara has controlled my UC very effectively, however, my mobility has been affected as I have aching joints and stiff muscles that is particularly bad after I’ve been sitting or driving.”

Karezig · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 19, 2021

For Crohn's Disease: “I was diagnosed 20 years ago and had a right hemi colectomy 15 years ago, Humira stopped working for me so I was changed to Stelara 6 months ago. First couple of doses intermittent headaches and felt tired but kept on them. Started with water infections, bad constipation resulting in internal bleeding and haemorrhoids, really tired and depressed caused by the constant headaches and joint pain so I'm giving up with them,”

D · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2021

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Stelara did not work for me. Within 2 days of both the loading infusion and the first maintenance subcutaneous injection, my symptoms worsened - much more bloody diarrhea and pain. Had to discontinue.”

Charlie April 7, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “I am going into my 8th week post my initial IV infusion on Stelara and so far so good. I recently got diagnosed with small bowel fistulizing Crohns and my GI doctor and I decided that Stelara would be the best treatment option for me before trying any other option. I experienced a decrease in abdominal cramping immediately after the initial treatment but the other symptoms persisted. At the 6 week mark all my Crohns symptoms decreased significantly. My appetite is back and I am putting on some weight, and I am having normal bowel movements. My chronic eye inflammation has also significantly decreased which makes me suspect that it is indeed Crohns related. I am only in the beginning stages of treatment but the impressive results makes me so hopeful and honestly has made me forget that I had Crohn's to begin with. No negative side effects so far but I did notice it has taken me way longer to get over a cold, but nothing other than that. Praying that this continues to work for me!”

JJ October 18, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “I had crohn's for 30 years been on loads different treatment, loads hospital stays but after 4th injection my stomach is now great!! No joint muscle pain more energy. Walk my dog miles everyday over forest .. it’s miracle !!.. so happy ”

Sicily · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “I'm a Crohns survivor for 44 yrs. Tried all the old meds some new. Remicade worked best for 3 yrs and 6 MP for 4 yrs. Humira worked for 9 yrs but all symptoms returned. Stelara was my golden hope. First 8 months..nothing! Now one year after initial IV infusion...much better results...almost too good. Constipation is my norm. Painful gas constantly...bloating..exhaustion...and a simple head cold took forever to leave. Not sure I will continue this. Body aches and joint pain much worse. My main issues are constipation and exhaustion. I'd rather have diarrhea and a bit more energy. Very disappointed! Good luck Crohnies!!”

Nicole · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 14, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “Amazing drug that has put my Crohn's into remission! Humira, Remicade, Cimzia, Entyvio, 6mp, Lialda, all failed to work for any period of time. I have Fistulizing Crohn's and had 3 feet of resection 2 years ago. Two years on Stelara and I have my life back. I also changed my diet to the Mediteranean, avoiding simple sugars and eating only healthy food. Changing the gut microbiome along with finding the right medicine is key to controlling Crohn's. Much research now is pointing to the role of healthy gut microbiota. Stelara is so simple to inject with it's tiny syringe! Lower risk of serious side effects than other medicines in it's class! Amazing!”

Wezzley · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 15, 2016

For Psoriasis: “46 year old male. Not to be overly dramatic, but I was ready to commit suicide my skin was so bad. My hands looked like I was a fire victim. My elbows and legs burned and bled constantly. My scalp would flake and drop into my eyes and all over my clothes. I was in constant pain, and my relationships were non existent. Flaky skin would drift off of me whatever I did. I was weeks away from having to leave work and go on disability, which would have been the end of the line for me. Depression set in so badly I just wanted to end it all. Then I found a new dermatologist. Everything changed. My first shot of Stelara made a difference. Nine months later, 90% clear. A few trouble spots, but my hands are CLEAR! What a life changer!”

Mikey Mouse · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1995, although I have been fighting with a bad stomach much longer. I have had 4 feet of my intestines removed through 4 different resections. ( usually 1 every 5 years.) I have been on Cimzia, Humira, steroids and lialda. I started Stelara in the summer of 2017, It stopped me from throwing up almost every time I ate, I still get cramping, but not nearly as painful as I did before. I am putting on some weight, thanks to some help. I remain hopeful that Stelara will continue to help me fight this crappy disease. I hope it helps all who take it, until a cure can be found. Love”

Lobo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I was diagnosed with Ulerative Colitis in 2006, but did not start biologics until 2017-2018. Started with Humira and found that I was a nonresponder. For the rest of 2018, and into 2019, I tried other meds and battled with my insurance on which medicine is covered based on their formulas. During those times I was not responding to anything, developed fistulas, and was found to have my UC progress to Crohn’s (or I may have had Crohn’s all along). I started taking Stelara and I feel great. My symptoms have improved to where I don’t think about them. I have my life back. I do take longer to get over respiratory infections and do have some joint pain, but I did also before Stelara so nothing new there. The one side effect I noticed is ringing in the ears sometimes. Stelara has changed my life.”

Vicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “I have Crohn's Disease and tried three different medications and broke out with Psoriasis from head to toe. Lost my hair and the ability to walk faster than a snail because my feet swelled up. Since Stelara, I have lost over 60 lbs, Psoriasis completely cleared, hair growing back. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and feel wonderful. I think Stelara helped my digestive system and now everything is working. Biggest problem with Stelara is, now I have to get a new wardrobe.”

JMS · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I am 55 and was officially diagnosed with Crohn’s about 10 years ago after many tests and misdiagnoses. I am convinced I’ve had it for probably 20 years. I tried Humira, Entivio and Stelara. The first two caused significant joint pain and brought no improvement to my Crohn’s. I started Stelara 10 months ago and am now in remission for the first time since my diagnosis. No significant side effects other than some fatigue the day of and day after the injection. Very happy with this medication. Easy to use and only once every 8 weeks. Good luck to all those searching for their own ‘right’ medication. Stick with it and don’t lose hope!”

Lucy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 26, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “Been on Stelara for a year now. Have seen relief of symptoms but meds do not stay in my body. We are now dosing every 4 weeks starting this month. I’m concerned about the long term effects of taking this medicine. Over these past 6 years I have been on 5 different biologics and none have helped me so far.”

LynnSanta · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “After 41 yrs of Crohn's & being non responsive to all treatments, including biologics, I've been on Stelara now for 16 weeks, & I'm starting to see a real difference !! I was reluctant to believe that it would work but, I'm ecstatic that something may actually turn things around for me. Best yet, NO Side Effects !! ”

CanadaBoi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 16, 2014

For Psoriasis: “On Stelara for about 9 months now. It does work well on reducing my very thick, very stubborn head to toe psoriasis that I've suffered from for nearly 20 years. The reason I am only giving it a 6 rating is that the manufacturer has totally over rated their product in terms of the length of time it lasts. For me, this medicine lasts about 4 weeks at best and I need another shot or the psoriasis flares up with the vengeance of a woman scorned. If I was to wait the suggested 12 weeks the psoriasis becomes worse than before I started. As a result of this, the price of the medicine should be drastically reduced to better reflect it's true half-life.”

Steelersfanatic · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “4 weeks after my initial loading dose my Crohn's is already much better, however the fatigue it is almost too much to bear. Despite having Crohn's disease I can usually get through the day and be productive. But on this drug I don't want to get out of bed. ”

Life with Crohn's · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 31, 2017

For Crohn's Disease: “Stelara's been a great for me. I'm 64, have had Crohn's for 50 years and undiagnosed for 20 years until my mid-30's. I'm now in the best shape I've been in decades--no cramping pain for 3 years since starting injections. Been biking 30 miles a week, playing flag football and basketball, working with weights and a trainer 3x weekly. No side effects--yay!”

POOH · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “I am worse on Stelera then I have ever been, I'm on it for Crohn's. Been hospitalized more now then before!!! I have had something going on in my stomach since I was 10 years old. I've been embarrassed, ashamed, frustrated, and exhausted. I am 55 years old. I have had 2 surgery's which I am blessed cause I know there are many that have many more. A million colonoscopys. So Many perceptions. All I want is some normalcy in my Life. I've used three doses so far... Done with it!!!”

Rach · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 26, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “Stelara put my severe Crohn’s disease into remission and it has stayed that way for the past 6 months. The shots don’t hurt very bad and it’s only 1 every 8 weeks for me! Side effects I’ve noticed: headaches, fatigue, groggy day after shot.”

Sunny3 February 13, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “Stelara was effective in the sense that it quickly healed my colon that had Crohn's disease. I would be thrilled except that after a few doses I developed horrible anxiety/depression, tinnitus and headaches. I have been on other biologics without these issues. I did not feel like myself anymore, so I chose to stop it because the negative outweighed the positive. Everyone responds differently.”

KrullX · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2017

For Crohn's Disease: “Stelara has worked fantastically for me where Humira was a failure. I found that the biweekly Humira shots were not enough to control symptoms but the initial 8 week infusion of Stelara has been great.”

Lindy Loo · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I have recently had my second bowel resection for Crohn's and today have started my first infusion of Stelara. No other drug has helped unfortunately. Chronic constipation, bloating and an inability to digest or process food has left me not really eating at all for the past 2 years. I am hopefully this drug will give me a quality of life again but am also aware the side effects may become an issue. The depression side of things may be interesting as I am bipolar...hopefully I'm covered there..Good luck to us all on our journey.”

Clearing results but side effects November 3, 2013

For Psoriasis: “I have had psoriasis since I was 4. Been on everything from biologics to light therapy. Stelara cleared me up but not without a price. I m a very healthy,exercise minded individual. Since being on, my blood sugar is off, I have night sweats, swollen breasts, feet, hands, swollen tonsils, and tiredness. My vitamin d levels are also low. Went of stelara for 6 months and every side effect went away. Flared up and went on it again and all symptoms came back!”

Bobh222 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2014

For Psoriasis: “I am 61 and first contracted psoriasis when I was 46 years old. It started on my elbows and gradually spread to my arms, torso, buttocks and legs. The last few years have been extremely difficult with a lot of redness and flaking. I could not wear short pants or short sleeves as I was very embarrassed. Over the years I tried hundreds of over the counter creams, supplements, light treatments, saunas, baths, diets, and prescription steroid creams and ointments. Nothing worked...until Stelara. Three weeks after my first shot of Stelara I was 95% clear. Two weeks after the second shot a month later I was completely clear of psoriasis.”

RDHChicago · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2013

For Psoriasis: “My Psoriasis started in my sophomore year in college (1985). Every year, my condition has gotten progressively worse. I've tried everything from PUVA, steroids, coal tar, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Humira & more. I've had success with the biologics, but got very ill with sinus infections on both Enbrel and Humira (so bad that I got vertigo and had to go to hospital via ambulance). I took 2 years off and now just started Stelara (had my "booster" second shot yesterday). My dermatologist is shocked how I've cleared already! This is a miracle and any person out there who can take it, should. I'm also sleeping so much better during the night-- not scratching in my sleep! Good luck and hopefully one day, we'll have a cure for this dreadful disease.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2019

For Psoriasis: “Absolute miracle drug. You wont believe it until you've tried.I have been head to toe covered in Guttate and plaque Psoriasis since age 19. By age 28, I have explored everything thinking 'Oh, this helped a bit'..'Let's try X,y,z'....' With Stelara, its not like that. Three injections in, it felt like Psoriasis never happened. Its very odd. Even creams used to leave a sticky sensation, hardening or thickening or white rings on the skin. With Stelara, NOTHING. No side effects - no even small bother. I just cracked on with life feeling very lucky that my 15 year nightmare, poof, vanished. Sufferers forget, that actually without Psoriasis, you're skin is beautiful and radiant down there.”

Juliefreed · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I have used Stelara now for 8 months. After years of anguish, defeat, pain( physically and mentally) sadness, I feel freed from this terrible curse. My skin/joints looks but mainly FEELS so much better. My quality of life has sky rocketed! Your initial ground work obtaining Doctor appointments, TB testing and establishing the right dosage that is effective for you and receiving assistance helping with cost. Once you get through those things... I guarantee it IS worth it!! DO IT!”

Lisamp April 14, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I have had chronic Psoriasis for 25 years, since I was 9, all over my body, face and hands. I tried Methotrexate when I was 22, and I was finally clear for the first time. I was on this medication for 12 years, with a small break to have my child. Unfortunately it just stopped working, my liver wasn't happy and my Psoriasis was coming back, BAD. My only option was biologic therapy - Humira or Stelara. I had to undergo months of tests to qualify for funding. I finally had my first injection 7 weeks ago, and without exaggeration on the second day I felt my skin changing, relaxing. A week in and it had visably got better, thinner and less angry. Now my skin is 90% clear, just some slight pinkness on my legs. And no side effects! AMAZING!”