User Reviews for Stelara

Stelara Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Stelara to treat Psoriasis

"Useless"

I.TCH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

"I wish I could post a picture. My arms, legs, and torso were covered in guttate and plaque psoriasis, and now I just have a couple small spots of guttate that pop up around my calves/ankles. I wore a short sleeved dress that came just below the knee to go to dinner with my boyfriend for my birthday, and I felt and looked so great. It helps that I've also worked hard to lose 40 lbs.... But I honestly don't know if I would have worked so hard to lose weight if I would still have had to cover up all the time anyway. The best is that I can wear shorts and tank tops in hot weather again! I know stelara helps people with much bigger problems. But being comfortable in your own skin is definitely important."

T (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2018

"I've had moderate Psoriasis for the last 50 years! I'm 60 year old male and the first red patch of Psoriasis appeared on my chest when I was around 10. Since then I have used mainly topical ointments and creams for patches on my legs, back, elbows and scalp with little relief. In fact, as I got older, my Psoriasis became rather worse. In 2012, I started using Humira which helped with about a maximum 75% success rate in clearing the plaques. It never totally cleared my Psoriasis. But - it stopped its effectiveness around 2016. I have now been on Stelara for the past 2 years and am about 99.5% clear! I really like it as I have not been this Psoriasis free.......well..., ever! Unfortunately, the Psoriasis has also taken its toll on my joints and I suffer from arthritis pretty much everywhere. So far, I am not sure if Stelara has helped with that, but I'm happy it has helped with the plaque Psoriasis. Hey, life is only hard the first 100 years....so let's move it along."

Freddy Riasis (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2018

"Clear skin!"

cmb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2018

"Unbelievable that this can be true! My last escalations were particularly ugly and all over my body. I was getting very depressed as the other treatments did nothing to help. Winter was ending and you can't cover up forever. I have had this heinous disease for 35 years. I am now on this for 9 months (1st shot, booster shot, then 2 more). I am 100% cleared!!!! Beaches, swimming pools, short sleeves!!! I pray it keeps working : )"

glee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

"I've taken Stelara for over a year and the results were excellent. I am plaque free."

Mack1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

"After years of light treatment, Raptiva and Humira, I am 100 percent cleared. I was an absolute mess, bloody sheets and clothes. Raptiva was removed from the market by the US government, Humira helped but only to a point. It cleared up much of the condition but never improved any more. I have been clear of the condition for several years now, but still get an injection every eight weeks. Cost compared to all the other meds is extremely expensive but it really works for me."

Jay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

"I took Stelara shots in June and July 2018. I am 64 years old & psoriasis for 13 years. In Hospital end of July with pulmonary embolisms both lungs & blockage. They thought I was going to die. It was not worth trying and I believe that physicians should evaluate better the age and shape the patient is in before prescribing. I take full responsibility for taking the drug but I am not a physician."

MC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

"I am a psoriasis patient and suffered for 35 years. I purchased the medicine and got complete relief. You may try the same. "

Debdas (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

"Tried Humira over 9 months, bad reactions, nausea, weakness. No positive results. Then tried Otezla, again no positive results, bad headaches a side effect. On Stelara I have very positive results; scaling gone, itching gone, red patches gone, all in less than 4 months."

Dave L (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

"I was the first person in Oregon to try Stelara as soon as it was available. I had tried everything - creams, light treatments, infusions, shots - you name it. I have been the poster child for this drug. It cleared up right away and I've been psoriasis free for years. I don't know how long it's supposed to work for, so I hope it's forever. At first I was on the assistance program plus insurance, but once I got Medicare I was kicked off. However I am lucky enough to have great secondary insurance now that covers all but $50."

Pdxuser (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2018

"I just lost my best friend to Stelara, yes it cleared her psoriasis up but she got severe lung problems last year and was put in ICU in Feb 2108 and then started having strokes 5 wks ago. We lost her Saturday night. She started seeing different symptoms a year ago. I told her and she said oh no its not the shot. I think it was - this stuff is poison"

Mal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

"I've had spots of psoriasis since my early twenties - mostly limited to my elbows and a couple spots here and there on my legs. However, I got a strep infection in February and got an outrageous covering of guttate psoriasis. Nothing would help - I went through 3 bottles of different topicals, went to the tanning beds with little to no difference. I was on antibiotics to make sure the strep was gone and my stomach was unhappy about it. Finally got my first shot of Stelara last week. I have limited insurance so I was grateful for the assistance program. Within a couple of days the spots seem less angry - less pain, itching and not as bright red. The patches are still there, but appear to be fading. I'm praying the progress continues!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

"I have used Stelara since 2015 and I have 100 per cent clearing! As an actor, I am very concerned about the breakout or even before they happen ,but Stelara has been very effective in controlling the plaques and I am still amazed at its efficacy on me. I have been trying to take longer interval between shots , I had a dose 3rd week in Dec '17 and the next one on April 2018 and this has been the longest interval I have taken. What I have observed within a week (and goes away) after injecting myself with a dose, I feel slightly fatigued, but it it doesn't stop me from going to the gym working out or mountain biking that week. I'm just thankful that my insurance covers the cost of this expensive drug, but its worth every drop. I was diagnosed with moderate psoriasis before using Stelara and have used the PUVA, creams, shampoos, salicylic acid. PUVA was horrible, as that psoralen would give me a nauseous feeling like a freight train just hit me, but the the booth gave me a great tan."

ECG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2018

"My psoriasis has been around for 35 years. I kept it under control with a UVB light rack I installed at home. 6 months ago, it started raging....all over and bright red! I was at a loss, so I tried the Stelara. I have been on it for 4 weeks, and the change is dramatic. I only show signs of some scaling, but no redness anywhere! I did catch a serious cold 2 weeks in -any connection?? I am VERY pleased so far."

glee (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

"It cleared psoriasis, last resort treatment. Now two years in- only problem started having symptoms of atrial fibrillation (AF) ? Is it stelara ? or age,(50) mother has AF."

louise (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

"Ive had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 April 6, 2018

"I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

"hair loss, more plaques, weakness, infections irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), eyelash gone, pain remains but less"

zippy6545 February 13, 2018

"Started on Stelara 11/7/2012. Have been 98% clear ever since. 1/19/2018. I have been on them all. 32 years of psoriasis . Enbrel worked great but quit after 4 years. Stelara has been doing wonders for about 6 years. All bloodwork in order"

Gunnyhwy11 January 20, 2018

"It's been 3 weeks today since my 1st shot and I am seeing a little bit of clearing on my arms, my back, stomach and legs are still the same but I am itching more now than before the shot, I still feel that Stelara will work for me but my body has to adjust to it. I never did want to use injections but my psoriasis is so bad that as much as I do not want the next shot, I can't wait to get it..."

Itchybob January 12, 2018

"Have had severe psoriasis for over five years, I have tried all the creams and lotions, had light therapy and various drugs etc. I was delighted when the medics finally said I was eligible for biologics as I had heard such good things about them. Had my first Stelara injection in October, the second at the end of November and nothing whatsoever had happened! It has had no effect! My skin is now ablaze and I feel I am worse off than when I started this treatment. I am due to see the consultant again at the end of January, I hope he has a second 'wonder drug' up his sleeve because this one has, for me, been totally useless!"

Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

"I have had psoriasis since the age of my early twenties around the knees and then slowly it spread to arms buttocks and eventually about 90% of my body. I tried all the creams with little to no help. Realized that the disease was from the inside and then tried the Juicing of fruits and vegetables which was very helpful. In 2015 I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my back and doctor suggested Stelara. My case was very severe so I was prescribed the .95 mg dose. First injection was noticeable in a few weeks easy. I have been taking the treatment for close to 2 years now and I am about 95% completely clear. Absolutely amazed by the results. All my blood tests have all been normal. The enjoyment of being psoriasis free is overwhelming!"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

"I have psorasis on and off for over 20 years. It effected my ankles only with a small patch on elbows from time to time which has not come back for longest time. However the ankles would flair up so bad. Tried all the creams possible, Dovenex, Betnovate, mix by the pharmacist with tar in it .. and many more. All of these worked for awhile. The I took tablets internally, Acretin, Fumaderm... did not work. Side effects such as hot flushes, aches and pain, headaches. Then got tested for Stelera. Sceptical about taking an injection. All good so far .. started in early November 2017. I did use a fantastic foam recommended by my GP while impatiently waiting and suffering to get Stelera. Working from the inside now :))"

Mom60 November 30, 2017

"I'm a 65 year old male. Psoriasis since I was 30. Tried every RX and treatment there was with little help. Now into my 4th year on Stelera and it's been a blessing. No issues with my skin. Completely clear and no side effects for me other than tiredness. Otherwise in great health and take no other meds. It's the best. I'm thankful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017