User Reviews for Stelara

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Stelara.

Stelara Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 241 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Stelara to treat Psoriasis

"It's been 3 weeks today since my 1st shot and I am seeing a little bit of clearing on my arms, my back, stomach and legs are still the same but I am itching more now than before the shot, I still feel that Stelara will work for me but my body has to adjust to it. I never did want to use injections but my psoriasis is so bad that as much as I do not want the next shot, I can't wait to get it..."

Itchybob January 12, 2018

"Have had severe psoriasis for over five years, I have tried all the creams and lotions, had light therapy and various drugs etc. I was delighted when the medics finally said I was eligible for biologics as I had heard such good things about them. Had my first Stelara injection in October, the second at the end of November and nothing whatsoever had happened! It has had no effect! My skin is now ablaze and I feel I am worse off than when I started this treatment. I am due to see the consultant again at the end of January, I hope he has a second 'wonder drug' up his sleeve because this one has, for me, been totally useless!"

Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

"I have had psoriasis since the age of my early twenties around the knees and then slowly it spread to arms buttocks and eventually about 90% of my body. I tried all the creams with little to no help. Realized that the disease was from the inside and then tried the Juicing of fruits and vegetables which was very helpful. In 2015 I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my back and doctor suggested Stelara. My case was very severe so I was prescribed the .95 mg dose. First injection was noticeable in a few weeks easy. I have been taking the treatment for close to 2 years now and I am about 95% completely clear. Absolutely amazed by the results. All my blood tests have all been normal. The enjoyment of being psoriasis free is overwhelming!"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

"I have psorasis on and off for over 20 years. It effected my ankles only with a small patch on elbows from time to time which has not come back for longest time. However the ankles would flair up so bad. Tried all the creams possible, Dovenex, Betnovate, mix by the pharmacist with tar in it .. and many more. All of these worked for awhile. The I took tablets internally, Acretin, Fumaderm... did not work. Side effects such as hot flushes, aches and pain, headaches. Then got tested for Stelera. Sceptical about taking an injection. All good so far .. started in early November 2017. I did use a fantastic foam recommended by my GP while impatiently waiting and suffering to get Stelera. Working from the inside now :))"

Mom60 November 30, 2017

"I'm a 65 year old male. Psoriasis since I was 30. Tried every RX and treatment there was with little help. Now into my 4th year on Stelera and it's been a blessing. No issues with my skin. Completely clear and no side effects for me other than tiredness. Otherwise in great health and take no other meds. It's the best. I'm thankful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

"I am 47 year old Australian male, and had my first Stelara 45mg injection 3 weeks ago. I can honestly say Stelara is definitely working for me. Although my lesions are still visible, the "angriness" has subsided and scaling almost gone. Most of my PS patches are starting to look like sun spots or birth marks. I think a holiday in the sun will fix that up! It is slow progress, so I will be interested to see what happens following my booster injection next week. I just hope the improvement doesn't stop at where I am currently. No adverse side effects for me at this stage, but as suggested by my nurse, I am much more proactive when it comes to avoiding infections, such as coughs, colds or flu and we are in our winter season. So far so good."

googs0001 July 28, 2017

"Dear all. I am 49 yrs old (M) just start the treatment. I just would like to let you know after a week my affected skin spectacularly improved. Improved mean I do not have any peeling areas…:-) I will get another injection for next month, and after every quarter. I am starting to believe again it will works after many other useless alternative treatment.. Although I do not know the side effects .. I'm a little frightened of what I read .. but I am so happy :-)"

ZiggyHUN May 24, 2017

"I have had severe Plaque Psoriasis for 32 years. I am a 50 year old male. I have tried everything you can imagine over all those years. Even a 6 week program at The University of Michigan did not help the 85% coverage I have had since I was 18. Nothing worked until July of 2016 I had my firat Stelara injection. Within 3 months I was almost clear and almost a year later I am clear except for a couple spots under my fingernails. It is a miracle to me. If you have lived with it you know what I mean."

Kdub766 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2017

"I highly recommend Stelara. After getting my first shot I immediately felt my skin clearing up and by the next day about 60% was gone. That week 80% was gone (btw I have guttate psoriasis) and I was super stoked because I've tried metho, cyclo,and Enbril (enbril only made my skin worse) but nothing really worked 100%. After my second shot which was a month after my first one I noticed it start coming back even on my scalp and I hadn't had it there in years. About 60% has came back. Luckily I had no side effects though. I think this could be the answer for a lot of psoriasis sufferers! My skin is just stubborn and hard to treat but not as bad as most people ):"

Vanessaaaaaa May 17, 2017

"I was placed on Stelara Jan 2016 after suffering Moderate to Severe Psoriasis for 43 yrs (Im 47) yup my whole life with this hideous curse. Stelara for me was great I had NO SIDE EFFECTS I went from 80% covered to less then 10% after the 4th injection. Severe pain forced me to seek biologics not vanity. In Oct 2016 I was diagnoised with Thyroid Cancer and was removed from Stelara for next 2 yrs. "Sigh" Stelara DID NOT cause my thyroid cancer I was sick with thyroid issues a couple of years prior to using Stelara even after repeated visits to my Doctor and many specialists who all told me for 3 years my issues were in my head and after all this it ended up being all in my throat. Psoriasis sufferers are treated like complainers by most Dr."

Battyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

"I am a registered nurse and have had psoriasis since I was 12. I am now 56. It was mostly contained to my scalp during the winter months. But I started experiencing psoriatic arthritis which was getting worse in my hands and feet. 1 month after starting Stelara, I noticed a difference. It has been 9 months and I have no more psoriasis or arthritis pain. I did not experience any side effects. I highly recommend this product."

NYC RN April 9, 2017

"Do not use Stelara. I wish I hadn't. I have had nothing but stomach/immune system issues since taking Stelara about 1 year ago. It did reduce the psoriasis but at a cost that no one should pay. I have several scans and an endoscopy only to have the gastro intestinal specialist tell me that my issues appear to be related to the Stelara and that my immune system has potentially been compromised indefinitely. STAY AWAY from all biological drugs, they are not safe in my opinion."

Worse than before (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

"I am 27 years old and have psoriasis since 15. I have tried all ointments, sunbeds and every tablet.... Yes every tablet. I have just been put on stelara and had my first injection on Friday. Injection was pain free and very quick. I can honestly say I have had.no reductions in the psoriasis but it seems that my itching has completely stopped. I find my self scratching out of habit and I don't need to. Fingers crossed for this because if this doesn't work I don't no what next :-("

#NOMOREFLAKESPLEASE (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

"I developed a severe case of psoriasis soon after my 18th birthday, with 90% of my body covered. For years I tried everything under the sun including steroids, PUVA, all topicals, Embrel, Humira, and methotrexate. The only thing that ever helped was the metho and if I tried to go off of it, I would be unable to leave the house for months on end, living in excruciating pain. I had been on metho for over 30 years, resigned to a life of weekly nausea and chronic lethargy, when my new doctor suggested Stelara. I tried it, positive that it would fail like everything else I had tried. And that was when life began for me again. I have now been on it for 1.5 years and for the most part completely clear. It has been a miracle for me!"

OnAClearDay (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

"I got diagnosed with psoriasis about three years ago, it wasn't bad at first so I never paid too much attention to it, and it eventually went away. About a year ago it came back, and took over my entire body. I was covered in rough, itchy, red patches and there was nothing that would fix it. I tried natural oils, salts, tanning, ointments, foams, even pills, and nothing worked. These things helped and soothed my psoriasis, but nothing really made it go away. I finally turned to Stelara and I could cry from the results. I am getting my second injection this Friday, and after only the FIRST one, my skin looks 75% better. The injection immediately caused my skin to be less itchy, and appear far less irritated. I suggest Stelara to EVERYONE!!!"

PsoriaPISSED December 6, 2016

"I got my first injection almost 4 weeks ago and am amazed! I've suffered since I was 29 and am now 41. I've tried every topical cream/ointment that's out there. Cortisone injections in my hands and feet that thinned my skin out so bad you can see all my veins - even spent almost $10,000 on an in home phototherapy bed with only sporadic relief. I live at the beach during the summer with my kids and this summer I had to wear a dress to my ankles to save embarrassment. After only 4 weeks, my feet are 100% clear except for some redness and my legs are clear with the exception of light pink spots where all of my lesions were. No side effects at all so far. I've never been so happy :)"

Mellybell (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

"Ive been fighting psoriasis and arthritis since 2004 tried everything out there the only thing that has worked for me is stelera its amazing !!!"

Kickser (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2016

"Hey guys, almost amazing results in 2 months then started getting patches all over my trunk. My professor put me on to 90mgs and its almost all gone again. Someone said they still itch a lot so I would suggest (phenergan 25mgs tablets) take 1 an hour before bed and you'll sleep like a log.The only thing that it hasn't help is the mental health side of the psoriasis so I'm looking at getting help from my Dr. Good luck guys and stay psoriasis free "

squiddy1967 September 12, 2016

"I've been battling severe scalp psoriasis for 6 years, as well as the beginning of psoriasis in my genital region. Topicals didn't come close to helping. I was on Otezla for 3 months but the side effects (vomiting, diarrhea, and headaches) were horrible. I tried Humira for 5 months but it didn't reduce the plaques enough. After my first stelara injection, there was a dramatic decrease in my scalp psoriasis, and the few patches on my genital region disappeared completely. After the second injection, my scalp is 80% clear with no itching or burning. The injection itself is pain free, the needle is maybe half an inch. I haven't had any side effects either. Highly recommend, I'm so happy with the results!"

RG15794 September 12, 2016

"46 year old male. Not to be overly dramatic, but I was ready to commit suicide my skin was so bad. My hands looked like I was a fire victim. My elbows and legs burned and bled constantly. My scalp would flake and drop into my eyes and all over my clothes. I was in constant pain, and my relationships were non existent. Flaky skin would drift off of me whatever I did. I was weeks away from having to leave work and go on disability, which would have been the end of the line for me. Depression set in so badly I just wanted to end it all. Then I found a new dermatologist. Everything changed. My first shot of Stelara made a difference. Nine months later, 90% clear. A few trouble spots, but my hands are CLEAR! What a life changer!"

Wezzley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2016

"I was given stelara for my severe psoriasis and it completely went away. I was able to concieve a baby, which at that point I decided to stop the injections until after the baby. While I was pregnant I had maybe a few spots show up. Now the baby is 6 months and my psoriasis is back, not as bad but enough to make me want to restart my prescription. While on it I noticed that I was extra tired the day of and the day after receiving the injection as well its not likely I could afford the 5000$ per needle if I didnt have coverage."

mishkack August 10, 2016

"I have used Stelara now for 8 months. After years of anguish, defeat, pain( physically and mentally) sadness, I feel freed from this terrible curse. My skin/joints looks but mainly FEELS so much better. My quality of life has sky rocketed! Your initial ground work obtaining Doctor appointments, TB testing and establishing the right dosage that is effective for you and receiving assistance helping with cost. Once you get through those things... I guarantee it IS worth it!! DO IT!"

Juliefreed (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2016

"I was 90% covered. Dermatologist took one look at me and put me on Stelara. Within a week, people started remarking that the plaques along my hairline seemed to be fading. After the booster, all but my scalp and back of thighs had cleared, and both of those were greatly diminished. Within six months, the raised red areas where the plaques had been were clear. At one year, all that's left is minor plaques on my scalp that could be mild dandruff. I have noticed that things like bruises and bug bites seem to take a long time to heal, but given the action of the drug that seems to make sense. My insurance covers the majority of the (expensive!) medication, and there is a program that covers the rest so I have no out of pocket expense on it."

Kybeedai (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

"Stelara is a life saver. I have psoriasis for over 30 years. I have tried creams, PUVA, Vit A meds, Fumiderm, Otezla nothing has worked. My last med Otezla didn't work for me and made things much worse. I had my first Stelara injection on May 7 2016. After about 10 days I could feel an improvement. After 4 weeks there was a dramatic improvement and I was almost clear. It is 9 weeks since my second injection and my life has changed in so many ways for the better thanks to this medicine. There is a slight redness where some of the patches were but the dermatologist assures me these will fade. I have no side affects whatsoever. Thank you for this life changing medicine and for restoring my self esteem after all this time"

FrostyOne July 24, 2016

"What a life changer! I started Stelara 2 months ago. It took about a month for me to start seeing some relief and now at the end of my second month, no more itching, redness, and almost all of the psoriasis is gone. I only wish I had started this sooner! Make sure you check out the patient assistance card that can be used in conjunction with your medical insurance."

CreativemominFL July 22, 2016