User Reviews for Taltz

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.5

Summary of Taltz reviews 7.1 77 reviews

Reviews for Taltz

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started taking taltz after humira stopped working for me. After 3 weeks, I have noticed an uptick in symptoms of psoriasis instead of going away. Not impressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Psoriasis "Amazing! I just got done with my 4th injection (technically 5th if you count the 2 Injections received on the first visit). My skin is 75% clearer. My psoriasis had gotten so bad over the past 4 years and I tried all the ointments and steroid creams and nothing worked. My dermatologist recommended taltz and it has changed my life. For the first time in years I have smooth skin! Most of the dry patches are gone and I only have a few red spots where the dry skin was, but its smooth to touch! I have had 0 side effects except for a little pain during the injection. Occassionally I'll feel a slight lump in the injection site but it goes away within 2 days. I have been getting headaches but only occasionally.. nothing I can't handle. This will be the first year I might actually put shorts on with confidence!"

Jodi (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on several biologics over the past few years for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This is the ONLY one that has worked. I work in sales and the disease process had severely affected both my professional and personal life. My former boyfriend broke up with me due to the skin lesions associated with this disease process. My immune system is a bit weaker but my quality of life has drastically improved. I am beyond thankful."

Rache (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "The injections are not painful for me. No side effects. But I want clear skin!! No astounding difference and I’m 3 months in. Discouraged."

JT February 14, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have started my 160mg loading dose yesterday, it is a painful shot. I have tried Humira which was 70% good. Then Cosentynx which gave me 100% clearance for a year which was my happiest since I was 20 now I am 43, then it started to relapse. I am on Talz now hoping it will work. I have such a severe itch all over that my skin is bleeding. Do not know if it is a Talz side effect or the flare of my P. I really hope Talz will kick in quickly I hate the look and the itch."

Sherry (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "After 3 weeks my skin and nails cleared. The autoinjector did not hurt at all. The medicine is a bit more painful than vitamin b shots. Well Talz did nothing for the inverse psoriasis under breasts, groin creases, and buttocks. Even that was sort of ok with the other results. Unfortunately, at once a month EVERY THING went sideways. Arthritis pain. Huge sores opened up overnight. The inverse psoriasis worsened. I got psoriasis on my scalp, on and in my ears, at my tear ducts, on eyelids. I did not have psoriasis in these areas before. These sores itch worse than the plaque. They are not dry. They are sticky and weepy. I am getting pustules on my hands and wrists and palms. Everywhere. The itching is truly horrendous and the pain of all of this new psoriasis is excruciating. My bones and joints are moving and they hurt. I was amazed with Taltz. I do believe it needs much more testing and work on dosages."

Jam February 6, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Taltz for 8 months for P and PA. At first it cleared my skin fairly quickly but when I hit the once a month dose my Psoraisis came roaring back. My plaques are much larger now than they've ever been and in places I never had P before. I am not a big fan of biologics anyway, too expensive and dangerous, and have read some patients have benefited more from probiotic therapy and a better diet. Overall I am very disappointed in Taltz and would not recommend it."

Just Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medication has 98% cleared up my plaque psoriasis"

MiMi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My psoriasis was somewhat under control and joint pain under control with Remicade. I switched to taltz because my dermatologist thought my psoriasis was not okay. I have had flares with psoriasis and joint I hate medication and am mad at my doctors for switching. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it"

Melanie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Had been on methotrexate, Otezla and 3 months of Humira. None were working with the psoriatic arthritis or the psoriasis plaques. My rheumatologist finally tried Talz and within 4 days, my skin was 75% clearer and arthritis pains were less. After 3 months, NO plaques and very little joint swelling or pain. I am feeling almost like I did before psoriasis and PsA."

Shay (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "30 year old with Psoriasis since 12. I started Taltz about a month and a half ago. I haven't had much improvement with clearer skin. Also I've been extremely sick for about a month now. Sore throat, thick phlegm and mucus, ear pain, eye pain, a lot of itching all over my body constantly. I have to take benadryl to sleep. I've been to the doctor 3 times and it's not a virus or cold so I'm guessing it's because of the injection. It definitely weakens the immune system. I don't like how I've been feeling since the start and I will not be continuing it. It's not worth all the side effects also my arthritis has gotten worse."

Eve (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "The benefits of Taltz for me are fantastic. I've had plaque psoriasis since I was 16. I’m 54 and have been clear for 2 years. It also helps with my osteoarthritis pain. I know the injections can hurt. I allow the injector to reach room temperature. Then I ice the injection site. It's hit or miss on pain. But if being slapped across the face once a month cleared my psoriasis, I’d do that too. Just saying....."

Sid January 4, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "Taltz has my plague psoriasis almost cleared up, I had 80% psoriasis all over my body. Been using Otezla with minimal results. Its great feeling skin on my elbows and knees instead of armored skin cells. Only one complaint the injections are too painful. I am seriously thinking of quitting Taltz I hate that pain. I hate needles anyway but these injectors are horrible."

skinanightmareinsd (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Taltz works really well. But omg the pain during the injections is almost unbearable. I have to have someone give me my injection because I'm crying the whole time. I wish they could make it like it was with the humira injection that didn't hurt at all."

Nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "43yr old female, Psoriasis since 9yrs old. Tried humira 50% cleared, stelara 90% cleared. Tried others because Dr thought I could be 100% clear - cosentx maybe 60% clear now Taltz. Skin looking ok, like it might get to 90% during loading stage (12 weeks) BUT injection site pain and reaction over my whole thigh, can’t wear pants but it did get better by icing immediately after. Other side effects - heavy scaling in my hair, ear infections fortnightly, thrush, skin rash/chafing, dry nasal passages, my nostril has split and scarred on one side. Thick sticky discharge from my nose, ears and eyes and developed a rash reaction to the discharge at the corners of my eyes, nose, mouth and my ears including my ear lobes. Hearing issues and can’t see when eyes inflamed. I am really sick, 1 month since stopping it and waiting and praying for side effects to improve. ENT specialist booked for 6 weeks time, absolutely not worth it for me unfortunately."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Have lived with severr plaque psoriasis for about 23 years. Never took any biologics to treat it. Within 3 days, I developed hives and severely itchy eyes, but that was controlled quickly and easily with antihistimine. Within a week, 90% of plaques were GONE. By Day 10, only the thickest plaques left any buildup, although those areas did appear to start to get rougher. Week 2 injection seems to maintain it, though midway through Week 3 some itching has redeveloped, though it may only be a very mild reaction. Insurance won't cover since I didn't try Humira, but Taltz has been probably 90% effective so far and I doubt that Humira or Enbrel would have come even close to alleviating any symptoms given my experience so far. Injection site pain is moderate, but I could see how it might be difficult for less hardened people. So far, no major illness but I rarely get sick and it has only been a month. Time will tell."

MortallyWounded September 18, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I’m 61 and have had psoriasis since I was 8 years old, have tried every treatment. Tried Otezla and it affected my liver, kidneys so got off that. I started Taltz a year and half ago with fabulous results. In the last 8 weeks I have never ever been so sick with sore throat, swollen lymph node on the right side, cough and sticky phlegm. I feel lousy on and off and this throat infection won’t do away. I have had every blood test, strep test and everything checks out fine. I’m on hold now for the next shot. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what I should do. I have to go back to work, but if I’m this sick all the time....is it worth it. Any other comments would be appreciated"

Susie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "It's been over a year on Taltz and I am 100% clear. Miracle drug for me and improved my quality of life. Was in Hawaii last week and sunbathing, snorkeling, swimming like any other person without feeling ashamed. One last callout: I see a lot of negative reviews on Taltz due to the injection. I migrated from autoinjector (very painful) early on to a normal needle and the latter has minimal pain."

taltzisamiracle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I’ve been using Taltz for a year now. I’ve suffered with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for about 20 years. I’ve tried everything and nothing seemed to work completely. Some meds worked okay on the plaques but didn’t touch the joint pain! When I started using Taltz I noticed a difference in my skin in a bout 4 weeks. After 3 months I was completely clear! I said completely clear! After having plaques for decades you can imagine how ecstatic that made me. My joint pain has improved so much that I’m able to take dance lessons! Yes, the injection is the most painful medication I have ever taken but the benefits are totally worth it. I can play with my kids and dance with my husband! I can wear a bathing suit on vacation or wear a skirt or short sleeves to the office! I wish the shot itself wasn’t so painful but for the first time in my life I’m not a prisoner to my psoriasis and joint pain!"

Hgriffin80 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "35 y/o female issues with mild psoriasis for decades and in April became severe after having strep. I was covered. My scalp was covered and spots started to appear on forehead and face. My back completely covered and arms and legs looked like a horrible case of chicken pox. Started w/steroid shot that seemed it was going to work , a week later it came back with a vengeance! Then tried other injections (also immuno suppressors) same thing, acted like they were working but a week in it was back full force. I began Taltz with 2 injections then 1 every 2 weeks for 6 doses then 1 a month. I am beginning the 1 a month regimen now. I was completely clear in days. I haven’t been sick and work in a high risk profession of catching colds/ flu/ etc.The injections are painful but quick. First the injections left large welts but that has subsided. I would take that any day over the psoriasis. I recommend taking the medication out of fridge couple hours before injection and follow it with an ice pack"

Taltzhappy August 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I just started Taltz. My first two injections were two days ago. I’ve done auto injectors before, but this one is so painful that I have to have someone else do it for me. Is it the injector itself or is it the medication? Am I doing the injections wrong? Idk."

Anonymous August 24, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Taltz for about 8 months now, and before Taltz NOTHING even subsided my psoriasis. I am now completely clear of the plaques, (still have the white spots that occur when the plaques go away.) The only downside to this medicine is it really does weaken your immune system. I was never sick before this medicine and now I am ALWAYS sick. Strep throat, multiple infections, colds, everything. I've gotten so sick I've almost considered this medicine not worth it even though it's effective. What's even worse is that I'm on a trial for the child version of the medicine. Overall really effective medicine, completely clear, yet always really sick."

Hannah August 15, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "39 year old male who never had previous issues until about a year ago I developed Psoriatic arthritis and Plaque Psoriasis that covered 80-90% of my body. I tried multiple other medicines without any success. I was finally able to see a new rheumatologist who gave me my first 2 shots of 80mg TALTZ and I was on my way to clearer skin and less joint pain. Now almost 3 months later I'm almost completely clear of plaque psoriasis except a few scars along my lower legs. I can honestly say this medicine has saved my life and given me the quality of life back that I had prior to this Psoriatic Arthritis and Plaque psoriasis break out. I know it's something I will forever have to deal with but I'm thankful my Dr found a medicine that works on me."

CentralCoastCali805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "I actually have Guttate Psoriasis. I tried light therapy, creams, and Otezla. Taltz is amazing! I have cleared up pretty much 95%! Using this drug there is a good 5/10 second pinching feeling when using the auto injector. I found I'd really swell up around the injection site for a few days. But I started taking allergy pills/antihistamine a day before my shot and a day after and it really helped the swelling. Being on any drugs sucks, but this really did a miracle on my psoriasis."

TwiztedTD (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis " I’m 47 years old, I have a psoriasis since I was 26 years old. I been tried different medicines including pills and injections but always my psoriasis is on and off. I’ve been on Taltz more than one and half years. I’m more than 100% clear. Due to some insurance issues thanks for their support program, that’s help me to continue treatment. I’m so thankful to God and taltz to make my life so easy and enjoyable. Thanks Taltz"

Farooq (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 16, 2018