User Reviews for Taltz

Plaque Psoriasis 29 reviews 22 medications

7.7
Summary of Taltz reviews 29 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Taltz

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ok so I have had plaque psoriasis since I was 14 years old and I have tried every cream, every lotion , even certain foams and I have even been prescribed humira and none of of has worked the way taltz had . I took my 1st 2 shots Wed and it is now Saturday and I have noticed a big difference in just a few days ...no more itching ... The inflammation has gone down immensely.. And I can finally be comfortable putting my jeans on now ... I know that every one is different when it comes to treatment ...I'm just glad I have found one that finally works for me :)"

Taltz works August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "4 months on Taltz, now on maintenance dosage , and Psoriasis plaques getting worse. I am disappointed with results, this is 3 rd drug failure. Failed Otezla, Humira, now Taltz. Systematic drugs have worsened my Psoriasis. I should have stuck to topicals. I feel there is no going back now, they have caused worsening of my symptoms. I had previously controlled my symptoms with topicals and now the don't work either."

Psoriasis Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "This is the only drug that has completely cured my psoriasis I have taken Sterla, humira, embel pretty much all injection sterla kept under control and talz cured I have a found confidence I can wear short bathing suit anything I want now and not have people look at me like I'm contagious"

Hneyney (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Another review after 12 weeks no change in my condition, Taltz is not helping and having same symptoms as described by another reviewer. Fine rash on chest, face and Genital itching. My Psoriasis lesions are starting to get worse on my hands , elbows and ankles. I had been on Otezla which worked for about 18 months, then I developed severe Psoriasis on my hands that I cannot get rid of, Humira made everything worse and I developed thick plaques on hands and feet, Taltz helped the plaques on palms hands and bottom feet but cannot clear top of my hands which are my most visible areas and very embarrassing. I take Estilar , clobetasol, and triamcinaline topically. Nothing is working. Biological have made my Psoriasis worse than ever."

Psoriasis Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have tried a lot, and Talz is the only medication that really really works my psoriasis is gone"

Jack449 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I took Stelara for plaque psoriasis for about four years and it worked very well----- until I had to miss a dose because I was having knee surgery. After 3 1/2 months I resumed taking Stelara but my body no longer responded to it and I started getting a lot of activity on my legs. My doctor suggested switching to TALTZ but I was put off by the initial starter doses and the monthly maintenance dose. (After all, Stelara is only one shot every 3 months.) Nevertheless, I decided to read online comments about TALTZ and was encouraged/ but skeptical about some people saying they saw improvement in days. Well now I'm one of those people. I saw improvement in just 4 days, I'm on week 6 of treatment."

I got better in days (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have battled psoriasis for 15 yrs trying nearly every topical & biologic treatment available. The only drug that ever provided me with 100% clear skin was Stelara, but unfortunately it stopped working after 3 years. I have been on Taltz for about 5 months. After my first two injections I experienced a reduction in plaques & itching and that progress remained while I was on the bi-weekly injections although I never cleared up by more than about 40%. As soon as I finished the bi-weekly loading period & had to wait a month in between injections my skin immediately reverted to the level of severity experienced prior to beginning Taltz. No negative side effects but this injection hurts more than Stelara, Humira, Cosyntex, & Enbrel."

Long time psoriasis sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started Taltz after developing a severe flare up of Psoriasis with Humira( worst medication ever). It has improved my Psoriasis lesions slightly but I have not had a great improvement as others describe, I have been taking it now for 12 week. I have about 50% improvements. I am still hoping it clears my skin but I expected to have better results by now."

Psoriasis sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Took for 3 months just before the first monthly injection, got itchy in genital area. Thought it was a yeast infection. Then eyelids swelled and I broke out in different rashes all over body. My chest broke out in what looked like a heat rash that went up my neck and half my face. My stomach has red dots all over and the folds in my skin are raised and itchy. This has been since before memorial .. Been on prednisone now for second time .. Any idea when these reactions will go away? Stopped taking before first monthly injection"

Teri P June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for approx. 10years, am in my late 20's. Trialled creams, phototherapy, soriatane, methotrexate with little success, had spots absolutely everywhere. I got approved for taltz (in Ontario); my shots are 100% covered. I am a RN and have lots of experience giving injections, how to make it hurt as little as possible etc. now the shots did hurt quite a bit but the pain was only a couple minutes. It's now almost 2 weeks since my first shots and my skin is a million times better- skin discoloration remains but the dryness/plaque has all gone, 0 itching. I can't wait. for anyone who has hesitated starting biologics I can tell you the fear of side effects does not outweigh my longtime fear of having any area of my skin exposed."

mikeoos (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Week 0 two injections, sting like bee but I started to see result next day, I had been diagnosed with several condition, from head to toe. Before week 2 and 3rd injection no more flakes and some of the areas were clear already, my 4th injection will be next Wednesday, but last weekend it was the first time in several years that I went to a swimming pool. I'm wearing shorts again, short sleeves. I still have dark spot but they are clearing so fast, no red skin anywhere. I have use so many drugs Enbrel, otezla, humira so many different creams, nothing work as good and as fast like TALZ I have been with this condition for over 30 yrs. No side effects until today My nephew introduce me with this drug, he has great results also."

Clear again (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I tried this drug but had terrible injection site reactions to it. My doctor switched me to Cosentyx and I could not be happier. They have a plan that brings my copay down to $0 and it's not based on income. My skin is basically clear just in time for swimsuit season!!"

Clearskinnow (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Took forever to get approved for this medication. I basically had to fail every other treatment first which I did. Insurance kicked in about 9K and Taltz covered the rest for a $5 co-pay. The injections feel like a bee sting but it only last for about 5 seconds. Within a day or two I started to see improvement on my skin. Within a week or two I had no flakey patches or shedding. It took about 2 months before the deep red/purple scaring went away. The only side effect I experienced is the upper respiratory infection. I cannot stress this enough. Do not take this is if you are sick. If you smoke or get frequent bronchitis you will get an upper respiratory infection shortly after taking this. Other than that it works great."

Wooster77 April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Just started on Taltz only one dose. Was up to third month on Cosentyx which was doing a great job when insurance changed and I was unable to continue therapy unless I switched to Taltz so I did. I was two months without biologics and my hands never did get as bad as I expected. My doctor ordered the Taltz without specifying autoinjector and I got the injections (which I wouldn't do again!) so I will see how it works. No big changes yet but I haven't taken my second dose! Fingers crossed it works as well as Cosentyx seemed to."

catjack March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Cleared me in the first week from 70 percent coverage No side effects on week 6 now."

Jar1976 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "No improvement at all, I have been using this drug for 10 weeks and my condition is only getting worse. I did develop inflammatory bowel syndrome while taking Taltz. I thought I should stay on this drug for the initial 12 week therapy, but with no improvement, I will discontinue use."

DonnaLM January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "God sent after 26 years of pain and suffering this truly the best gift I was ever given a little nausea sometimes but overall WOW ! Clear in 2 months OMG! THANK YOU TALTZ!"

Gina1961 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "The bad side effects far out way the good this drug does. You can die from these side effects!!"

Van29 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "After first shot started to clear In 3 days waiting for second shot I have had psoriasis for 23 years nothing worked then 3 days after shot clear weird but great feeling and I hate medicines but can't deny this works"

Jar1976 December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on this study for nearly 3 years. My psoriasis has been a problem since I was young and have dealt with it for 30 years! I have tried all sort of different drugs over that time and nothing has given even close to the same results as this. It truly is a miracle. I take one shot a month and I'm clean and clear of everything! Just like others have posted it took about 2 weeks to show big improvements and by a month in you wouldn't ever guess I suffer from severe plaque psoriasis. I thank all the doctors and nurses that have helped me through this process and I'm very happy to see this hit the market! Hope it works as good for you as it has for me."

Taltzrocks November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was using it by a trial, for a year and Im in love. My skin was clear like in the first 2 weeks of my first dose. I have 3 types of Psoriasis and works great. I get my first prescription for it and still waiting for de Pharmacy to know how much is my copay. Never felt so great in my life and I was diagnosticated with Psoriasis for more than 20 years. Lo usé mediante prueba del medicamento por un año y quede completamente enamorada. Mi piel quedó limpia en las primeras 2 semanas luego de mi primera dosis. Tengo 3 tipos de Psoriasis y el medicamento trabaja increible. Ya obtuve mi primera receta y sigo esperando por la farmacia para saber cuanto es mi deducible. Nunca habia tenido la piel tan limpia en mis 20 años de diagnosticada."

Completly in Love, Enamorada (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "My experience with taltz has been wonderful as far as the improvement but the cost of $12,500 is really outrageous. I was started by my dermatologist on samples and then hit with the price. I feel that this is discrimination and price gouging. If I was in a lower income bracket I would only have to pay $25.00 so apparently the cost to me and others is supplementing other people. I get regular phone calls from a nice little girl from Lilly Cares and I told her it's more like Lilly doesn't give a damn. I am now consulting an attorney and looking for other medications"

Margaret Vogel October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on This medication in clinical studies, guinea pig, for over a year. My psoriosis was very extreme ! This medication was concocted in heaven! Thanks Lily!!!!"

Tommydono (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I took my first dose a week ago. Within days I started to see improvement. I have psoriasis all over. Some smaller spots, some larger than a softball. Now at a week, my thickest plaques are almost gone. I still have discoloration at the sites, but no plaques. I've been on raptiva, which worked very well until they took it off the market. I've been on humara, stelara, just about all the topicals you could name, and most recently embrel for the last few years. I really can't believe how quickly this cleared my skin. The only thing that gave me this type of result was cyclosporine and that took over a month tip get this clear. I'll admit that the auto inject was not the most pleasant feeling and I typically use a prefilled syringe."

Matt3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "After 3 injections I have had almost total clearing. The only scales left are a small area on my lower back. This had worked incredibly well ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016