User Reviews for Taltz

4.8

Summary of Taltz reviews 7.1 92 reviews

Reviews for Taltz

MERK · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been using Taltz for 2 months now. I do not have the arthritis pain that I once did in my arms and legs. It has cleared the Psoriasis of my hands about 80% and my feet look some better but only 50% clear. I will continue using Taltz as long as I can. No side effects to mention. First week I can't sleep and I feel a little sick with no appetite. Minor setback in comparison. I'm glad I found this medication."

Scousejill · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "Hi, just wanted to give an update, I have now finished taking Taltz every two weeks now, and will be injecting every 4 weeks , I had very severe plaque psoriasis, thick, which basically covered all my legs, although I’ve had amazing results, I’m about 80% clearer, since starting this drug, I still have lots of smaller patches still on my legs, I’m just hoping in time these patches will also disappear, and not start to get any worse, now I’m moving to injecting every four weeks, keeping my fingers crossed, I feel good, no infections, amazing drug. X"

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had scalp psoriasis for 25 years. I have tried all the topicals, shampoos and two biologics with no success. I tried Taltz and it worked! Unfortunately I started getting side effects of sneezing and nasal congestion at 6 months. Recently had swollen and burning lips. I will have to stop using."

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have palm plantar pustular psoriasis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa and psoriatic arthritis. I’ve been through Humira, Enbrel, Stelara, cosentyx, and Otezla. I started with a new rheumatologist and she proscribed Taltz. I’m on week 8 of the loading dose and I hate this medicine. For one thing, it doesn’t help with my constant stiffness and pain from the arthritis, it hasn’t stopped my nails from pitting, and worst of all, I have constant severe breakouts of folliculitis. I’ve been taking doxycycline for over 30 days and still have pimples all over my body. Dermatologist suggested I stop with the Taltz. Additionally, it is unquestionably the most painful injection of all the biologics I’ve tried."

Lindy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have tried everything for 24 years and only Talz has worked. My Psoriasis has gone completely!!! I was covered with it. I feel so much better. Thank you for giving my quality of life back. God bless you."

cburec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

For Psoriasis "I have been taking Taltz for moderate Guttate Psoriasis and am on week 23 now. I do have much clearer skin than I ever did, and injections have gotten easier. The only drawback is how often I'm catching infections and having other not so fun side effects with experience. I had strep throat for almost 2 months and went through 2 antibiotics. Sore throat never stopped due to sinus infection on top of that when strep left. Saw 3 doctors and had 2 positive strep tests. Even the Taltz pharmacist said it was just hard to clear it up due to lesser immune system. Just saw my dermatologis today who basically told me the doctors don't know what they are talking about and he does because he is the one who prescribes it all the time. His words. I just couldn't believe this Dr talking to me like this, like I've not been experiencing this- it was like he was trying to convince me that I was wrong!. I've never had so many health issues and infections in such a short period of time. It can't be anything but the taltz...but I love my clear ish skin!"

Deanski · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "After dealing with psoriasis for over 50 years, I am finally totally clear. I started Taltz 9 months ago with concerns about taking a biologic. So far, I have had no side effects and I am looking forward to wearing summer clothes without embarrassment. The shots do hurt but well worth the results. It helps to swear while injecting. I qualify for a $25 co-pay per month. If not for that, I would never be able to afford it. It's a life saver for me."

Scousejill April 24, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "Hi, I have suffered with plaque psoriasis for over 40 years, I have tried several treatments over the years, I tried Methotrexate, this was a miracle drug,.but everything runs its course I guess, I’ve tried other Biological drugs, which haven’t worked, then my dermatologist suggested I try Taltz , I was a little nervous, but by now the pain from my plaque Psorasis was so sore, Anyway I took my first double dose of Taltz 2 weeks ago, i injected into my stomach, either side of my belly button, and , yes, it does sting, but it wasn’t unbearable. Within days I started to see a difference, my legs were looking less red and painful, and less itchy, it felt amazing, seeing such a difference so soon, I look 60% better already, I can’t believe it. I’m about to take my next injection and I’m hoping the progress continues, I can’t wait, no side effects up to now, I feel great, trying to stay positive, this medication looks like we’re going in the right direction to find a cure."

Hillary · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "It irritated my bowels. I won't use it again."

Meg · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2019

For Psoriasis "I started taltz around 5 months ago. I previously have tried different tablets and injections none of which really improved my psoriasis and one of which lowered my immune system so low that I was admitted to hospital for 5 days. So understandably I was a bit hesitant especially with such mixed reviews. And at the age of 26 I had little hope of anything ever improving my psoriasis. Taltz has been an absolute miracle for me, I had psoriasis on 80% of my body and after just the 2nd injection my psoriasis was completely gone. Granted the injections are slightly painful but I’d take 10 second of pain once a month over a life time of psoriasis any day."

Oz · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2019

For Psoriasis "I took it and within a few days and I was clear! I was covered in severe patches....elbows, knees, hair and hair line, back, stomach....everywhere. I was an on screen journalist and covering it up was a nightmare. Let alone going to the beach for a surf or swim with my son. I was so embarrassed I'd pretty much go in fully clothed. It was horrible. I started Taltz after trying everything. It worked within days. It was a miracle. A pure example of modern medicine at it's finest. I am still pretty much clear. A couple of spots but they are no drama. This stuff is the bomb."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I just took my 5th Talz injection (I take it once a month). My psoriatic arthritis has gotten substantially better but my psoriasis (skin) has gotten worse. I wonder how long it takes before I see an effect on the clearing of the skin."

Nikki · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had a severe guttate psoriasis outbreak from strep throat 2 months ago. I already had a few plaques prior, but the outbreak was unreal. I was literally covered from head to toe everywhere was covered in these red spots and the itching was the worst. For weeks they just kept coming, my feet , hands , in my palms scalp. Everywhere! I have just taken my fourth injection and have already seen a drastic change my face, neck and chest are mostly clear and the rest of me has improved greatly with each shot. I've had psoriasis for 20 plus years and this is the only thing that has really worked . I'm hoping with a few more injections they will clear up too. The shots hurt when the meds go in and I've had a few headaches but nothing a goody powder didn't help with. I'm excited to see what clear skin looks like . Thanks Taltz!"

Mike Jones · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Taltz worked for three days and then went right back to the unbearable pain I was in before the shot."

BooBoo · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2019

For Psoriasis "This injection has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered with scalp psoriasis since I was about 12 years old. I am now 38. I tried several prescription ointments/topicals, natural treatments and every shampoo that I could find for scalp psoriasis, but nothing ever helped or got rid of it. The worst flare up occurred when my Dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed. I could feel the hardened skin on my scalp when I would tilt my head back. It was awful. Taltz completely cleared my scalp psoriasis in a matter of weeks. No more chemical filled shampoos destroying my scalp and hair. No more stress or embarrassment of going to a hair dresser. This injection is AMAZING."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started taking taltz after humira stopped working for me. After 3 weeks, I have noticed an uptick in symptoms of psoriasis instead of going away. Not impressed."

Jodi · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

For Psoriasis "Amazing! I just got done with my 4th injection (technically 5th if you count the 2 Injections received on the first visit). My skin is 75% clearer. My psoriasis had gotten so bad over the past 4 years and I tried all the ointments and steroid creams and nothing worked. My dermatologist recommended taltz and it has changed my life. For the first time in years I have smooth skin! Most of the dry patches are gone and I only have a few red spots where the dry skin was, but its smooth to touch! I have had 0 side effects except for a little pain during the injection. Occassionally I'll feel a slight lump in the injection site but it goes away within 2 days. I have been getting headaches but only occasionally.. nothing I can't handle. This will be the first year I might actually put shorts on with confidence!"

Rache · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on several biologics over the past few years for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This is the ONLY one that has worked. I work in sales and the disease process had severely affected both my professional and personal life. My former boyfriend broke up with me due to the skin lesions associated with this disease process. My immune system is a bit weaker but my quality of life has drastically improved. I am beyond thankful."

JT February 14, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "The injections are not painful for me. No side effects. But I want clear skin!! No astounding difference and I’m 3 months in. Discouraged."

Sherry · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have started my 160mg loading dose yesterday, it is a painful shot. I have tried Humira which was 70% good. Then Cosentynx which gave me 100% clearance for a year which was my happiest since I was 20 now I am 43, then it started to relapse. I am on Talz now hoping it will work. I have such a severe itch all over that my skin is bleeding. Do not know if it is a Talz side effect or the flare of my P. I really hope Talz will kick in quickly I hate the look and the itch."

Jam February 6, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "After 3 weeks my skin and nails cleared. The autoinjector did not hurt at all. The medicine is a bit more painful than vitamin b shots. Well Talz did nothing for the inverse psoriasis under breasts, groin creases, and buttocks. Even that was sort of ok with the other results. Unfortunately, at once a month EVERY THING went sideways. Arthritis pain. Huge sores opened up overnight. The inverse psoriasis worsened. I got psoriasis on my scalp, on and in my ears, at my tear ducts, on eyelids. I did not have psoriasis in these areas before. These sores itch worse than the plaque. They are not dry. They are sticky and weepy. I am getting pustules on my hands and wrists and palms. Everywhere. The itching is truly horrendous and the pain of all of this new psoriasis is excruciating. My bones and joints are moving and they hurt. I was amazed with Taltz. I do believe it needs much more testing and work on dosages."

Just Me · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Taltz for 8 months for P and PA. At first it cleared my skin fairly quickly but when I hit the once a month dose my Psoraisis came roaring back. My plaques are much larger now than they've ever been and in places I never had P before. I am not a big fan of biologics anyway, too expensive and dangerous, and have read some patients have benefited more from probiotic therapy and a better diet. Overall I am very disappointed in Taltz and would not recommend it."

MiMi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis "This medication has 98% cleared up my plaque psoriasis"

Melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My psoriasis was somewhat under control and joint pain under control with Remicade. I switched to taltz because my dermatologist thought my psoriasis was not okay. I have had flares with psoriasis and joint I hate medication and am mad at my doctors for switching. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it"

Shay · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Had been on methotrexate, Otezla and 3 months of Humira. None were working with the psoriatic arthritis or the psoriasis plaques. My rheumatologist finally tried Talz and within 4 days, my skin was 75% clearer and arthritis pains were less. After 3 months, NO plaques and very little joint swelling or pain. I am feeling almost like I did before psoriasis and PsA."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)