User Reviews for Taltz

Plaque Psoriasis 36 reviews 23 medications

7.5
Summary of Taltz reviews 36 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Taltz

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've had severe psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis for over 35 years. I have been on everything to treat psoriasis and or the rheumatoid NOTHING really helped. Nothing ever cleared my skin. Started Taltz January 2017 within a month I had completely clear skin and had less pain and stiffness with the rheumatoid. July 2017 I had a flare with the rheumatoid Dr. took me off Taltz, put me on actemra. It's been a disaster! Psoriasis is back! It's so bad that it's unbearable and there's no improvement with the rheumatoid, it's getting worse! Saw my Dr. last week literally begged to go back on Taltz, Dr agreed I'm counting the days until I start Taltz again, I'll NEVER go off it again. I can not wait to have clear skin again. Taltz is AWESOME!"

I Love taltz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started Taltz on 4/29/17 and took my final does a few weeks ago. I had such high hopes but it did not work for me. I'd taken Humira for years with amazing results until it stopped working last October. Then I tried Stelara. Skin got worse, much worse. Taltz seemed to help a little at first. Thinned out some of the plaques. Then it stopped doing even that and my skin has gotten progressively worse. Another note on Taltz...the injections HURT. I found them by far more painful than any others. And it didn't stop hurting after the injection. Also, I had huge injection site reactions from it, 6 inch welts. It would have been worth the pain if it had worked. It didn't."

Rudimae September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started taking Talz a month and a half ago. Within 3 days I see immediate clearing of skin. Within two weeks, I was 100% clear. This drug has been a miracle and is the first that was so efficacious (I took enbrel for a decade and stelara most recently for a year). It feels too good to be true so true test is how long this will last. So far so good!"

taltz_is_miracle (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on taltz for about 4 months I saw results right away. It has even helped my rheumatoid arthritis some. The only side effect I have is mild cold symptoms which goes away pretty fast. The biggest drawback of this medicine is it lowers my immune system which sucks because I get sick a lot more now then without it. I got the flu recently it lasted 7 days and it was pretty severe. I have tried lots of other biologics, you name it I have tried it. Before taltz I was on cosentyx it was great except it gave me very bad mouth sores. With taltz I only had to pay a 5.00 co pay my insurance and Lilly took care of the rest. I am pretty much 99.9% clear taking this medication."

JessicaK46 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I'm over the moon with joy about the results of Taltz!!! So thankful everyday for having this into my life!!! For the first time in years I'm not having to wipe my shoulders off from flakes every two minutes... I'm not leaving a trail of skin everywhere I go!!! I've got my self confidence back again! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! And my patches are becoming less noticeable everyday and it's only week three!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had plaque psoriasis 25 years and have started Taltz 1 year ago. It completely cleared my skin. I used Stelera for 5 years prior to Taltz, but still had some psoriasis left on my elbows and some spots on my lower body. I am able to wear the clothes I want at work in summer and wear swimsuits in the summer! My life is changed. I wear dresses with short sleeves with no tights! I don't have to wear cardigan/long pants in the summer! I thank Lilly company for producing the drug and thank the co-payment assisting program! Thank you so much!!"

SeinJooarky (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I tried Humira for 4 mons made me worse. Then one shot of Stelera made me beyond sick and my hands and feet went from red pustules psoriasis itching to burned. Actually looked as if I was burnt inside out. Asked the Dr please do not put me on another biologic. Went for 2 months untreated while they tried too get taltz approved. So then I developed MRSA. Started the 2 starter doses on 7/28 of taltz. Then 2nd dose on 8/11. Now I am 100 times worse than I was on the Stelera. I'm burnt all over both feet and hands. I am unable too do anything. Went to the urgent care sat for 2 hrs was turned away they couldn't help me. Dermatologist is on vac. Couldn't get an appointment w/new dermatologist until next Friday. So here I am suffering, burnt from taltz."

Lowary August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ok so I have had plaque psoriasis since I was 14 years old and I have tried every cream, every lotion , even certain foams and I have even been prescribed humira and none of of has worked the way taltz had . I took my 1st 2 shots Wed and it is now Saturday and I have noticed a big difference in just a few days ...no more itching ... The inflammation has gone down immensely.. And I can finally be comfortable putting my jeans on now ... I know that every one is different when it comes to treatment ...I'm just glad I have found one that finally works for me :)"

Taltz works August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "4 months on Taltz, now on maintenance dosage , and Psoriasis plaques getting worse. I am disappointed with results, this is 3 rd drug failure. Failed Otezla, Humira, now Taltz. Systematic drugs have worsened my Psoriasis. I should have stuck to topicals. I feel there is no going back now, they have caused worsening of my symptoms. I had previously controlled my symptoms with topicals and now the don't work either."

Psoriasis Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "This is the only drug that has completely cured my psoriasis I have taken Sterla, humira, embel pretty much all injection sterla kept under control and talz cured I have a found confidence I can wear short bathing suit anything I want now and not have people look at me like I'm contagious"

Hneyney (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Another review after 12 weeks no change in my condition, Taltz is not helping and having same symptoms as described by another reviewer. Fine rash on chest, face and Genital itching. My Psoriasis lesions are starting to get worse on my hands , elbows and ankles. I had been on Otezla which worked for about 18 months, then I developed severe Psoriasis on my hands that I cannot get rid of, Humira made everything worse and I developed thick plaques on hands and feet, Taltz helped the plaques on palms hands and bottom feet but cannot clear top of my hands which are my most visible areas and very embarrassing. I take Estilar , clobetasol, and triamcinaline topically. Nothing is working. Biological have made my Psoriasis worse than ever."

Psoriasis Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have tried a lot, and Talz is the only medication that really really works my psoriasis is gone"

Jack449 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I took Stelara for plaque psoriasis for about four years and it worked very well----- until I had to miss a dose because I was having knee surgery. After 3 1/2 months I resumed taking Stelara but my body no longer responded to it and I started getting a lot of activity on my legs. My doctor suggested switching to TALTZ but I was put off by the initial starter doses and the monthly maintenance dose. (After all, Stelara is only one shot every 3 months.) Nevertheless, I decided to read online comments about TALTZ and was encouraged/ but skeptical about some people saying they saw improvement in days. Well now I'm one of those people. I saw improvement in just 4 days, I'm on week 6 of treatment."

I got better in days (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have battled psoriasis for 15 yrs trying nearly every topical & biologic treatment available. The only drug that ever provided me with 100% clear skin was Stelara, but unfortunately it stopped working after 3 years. I have been on Taltz for about 5 months. After my first two injections I experienced a reduction in plaques & itching and that progress remained while I was on the bi-weekly injections although I never cleared up by more than about 40%. As soon as I finished the bi-weekly loading period & had to wait a month in between injections my skin immediately reverted to the level of severity experienced prior to beginning Taltz. No negative side effects but this injection hurts more than Stelara, Humira, Cosyntex, & Enbrel."

Long time psoriasis sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started Taltz after developing a severe flare up of Psoriasis with Humira( worst medication ever). It has improved my Psoriasis lesions slightly but I have not had a great improvement as others describe, I have been taking it now for 12 week. I have about 50% improvements. I am still hoping it clears my skin but I expected to have better results by now."

Psoriasis sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Took for 3 months just before the first monthly injection, got itchy in genital area. Thought it was a yeast infection. Then eyelids swelled and I broke out in different rashes all over body. My chest broke out in what looked like a heat rash that went up my neck and half my face. My stomach has red dots all over and the folds in my skin are raised and itchy. This has been since before memorial .. Been on prednisone now for second time .. Any idea when these reactions will go away? Stopped taking before first monthly injection"

Teri P June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for approx. 10years, am in my late 20's. Trialled creams, phototherapy, soriatane, methotrexate with little success, had spots absolutely everywhere. I got approved for taltz (in Ontario); my shots are 100% covered. I am a RN and have lots of experience giving injections, how to make it hurt as little as possible etc. now the shots did hurt quite a bit but the pain was only a couple minutes. It's now almost 2 weeks since my first shots and my skin is a million times better- skin discoloration remains but the dryness/plaque has all gone, 0 itching. I can't wait. for anyone who has hesitated starting biologics I can tell you the fear of side effects does not outweigh my longtime fear of having any area of my skin exposed."

mikeoos (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Week 0 two injections, sting like bee but I started to see result next day, I had been diagnosed with several condition, from head to toe. Before week 2 and 3rd injection no more flakes and some of the areas were clear already, my 4th injection will be next Wednesday, but last weekend it was the first time in several years that I went to a swimming pool. I'm wearing shorts again, short sleeves. I still have dark spot but they are clearing so fast, no red skin anywhere. I have use so many drugs Enbrel, otezla, humira so many different creams, nothing work as good and as fast like TALZ I have been with this condition for over 30 yrs. No side effects until today My nephew introduce me with this drug, he has great results also."

Clear again (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I tried this drug but had terrible injection site reactions to it. My doctor switched me to Cosentyx and I could not be happier. They have a plan that brings my copay down to $0 and it's not based on income. My skin is basically clear just in time for swimsuit season!!"

Clearskinnow (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Took forever to get approved for this medication. I basically had to fail every other treatment first which I did. Insurance kicked in about 9K and Taltz covered the rest for a $5 co-pay. The injections feel like a bee sting but it only last for about 5 seconds. Within a day or two I started to see improvement on my skin. Within a week or two I had no flakey patches or shedding. It took about 2 months before the deep red/purple scaring went away. The only side effect I experienced is the upper respiratory infection. I cannot stress this enough. Do not take this is if you are sick. If you smoke or get frequent bronchitis you will get an upper respiratory infection shortly after taking this. Other than that it works great."

Wooster77 April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Just started on Taltz only one dose. Was up to third month on Cosentyx which was doing a great job when insurance changed and I was unable to continue therapy unless I switched to Taltz so I did. I was two months without biologics and my hands never did get as bad as I expected. My doctor ordered the Taltz without specifying autoinjector and I got the injections (which I wouldn't do again!) so I will see how it works. No big changes yet but I haven't taken my second dose! Fingers crossed it works as well as Cosentyx seemed to."

catjack March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Cleared me in the first week from 70 percent coverage No side effects on week 6 now."

Jar1976 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "No improvement at all, I have been using this drug for 10 weeks and my condition is only getting worse. I did develop inflammatory bowel syndrome while taking Taltz. I thought I should stay on this drug for the initial 12 week therapy, but with no improvement, I will discontinue use."

DonnaLM January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "God sent after 26 years of pain and suffering this truly the best gift I was ever given a little nausea sometimes but overall WOW ! Clear in 2 months OMG! THANK YOU TALTZ!"

Gina1961 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "The bad side effects far out way the good this drug does. You can die from these side effects!!"

Van29 January 4, 2017