User Reviews for Enbrel

Ankylosing Spondylitis 40 reviews 128 medications

7.9
Summary of Enbrel reviews 169 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Enbrel has done a fantastic job of relieving the inflammation and pain associated with my severe RA. I began Enbrel three weeks after surgery unrelated to RA. Almost overnight the inflammation in my hands and the painful joints disappeared after the first injection. Have not experienced any bad side-effects to date, other than some minor sinus issues. I eat raw local honey each day, two tablespoons morning and evening to help keep me healthy. Am on Methotrexate 10 mg injection once a week, as well as Enbrel 50 mg injection once a week. Tried going off Methotrexate, but was back on it after ten days as apparently Enbrel alone is not quite enough to treat my RA."

RA-Don (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am 47 having AS for 26 years. last 5 months have starting using Embrel, I can not describe the results... try it yourself... amazing"

Anas Sunbul (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My hands have been deteriorating rapidly, they'd closed into a fist and could barely open them, was in pain every day that only huge doses of prednisone (not prescribed) helped. A few days after my first injection the pain was gone and my hands opened up again. I'm hoping this continues to be the case."

Eostara (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Used for about two years. Injection site skin discoloration. Lost effectiveness and caused secondary reaction."

gdvv January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Good but very risky medicine. I am Psoriasis Psoriatic Arthritis patient. After 8 years of using Enbrel I developed Lymphoma. Warning labels are not enough. If you think that you will be among the 90 % of patients that are lucky enough, go ahead. But think more than twice before taking an Enbrel shot."

Richard VA January 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Plaque Psoriasis "Enbrel worked for me like a miracle for about 8 years, possibly a little longer. Unfortunately, it seems to no longer be effective. I am about to switch to something else, not sure what. And so my rating of 5 indicates that it worked well, but lost effectiveness. I truly thought I was finished with psoriasis, but it was back."

J- (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've gone from 6 sulfasalazine, 1× 15mg tablet form of methotrexate, 4 naproxen and 1 omeprazole a day to only my 1× Enbrel injection and 1× methotrexate injection a week and am 100% better. I'm still exhausted and occasionally have puffy hands but pain and inflammation are gone."

Shellbel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Works extremely well. The day after I give myself the injection, I feel like I have a cold (common side effects) ... Two days after, I'm fine. I get sick easily when inconsiderate people ride public transportation sick and don't take care about coughing. Grocery shopping is another hazard as sick people run into the store "for just a second" and head home to be sick. Buying masks for the hazard areas is a good idea. I always ask at Drs offices for a few and have never been refuses. Even with the one day colds and the hazard if getting sick frequently, IT'S MORE THAN WORTH TAKING DUE TO BENEFITS. (I wouldn't even regret taking it if I got the most severe rare side effect alone or in combination with methotrexate)"

Placebo;p (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Took Enbrel with methotrexate for four years and it worked great. Developed optic neuritis in right eye and discontinued it. Optic neuritis is inflamation of the optic nerve and is one of the neurological disorder side effects of the drug. Changed diet to eliminate red meat and poultry and sugar and take natural supplements."

Bob H. California (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Of all the biologics , Enbrel is my best compromise. It takes away most of the arthritic symptoms but does not do as well a job on the psoriasis. I think the pharms concentrate of Blocking the T cell when they should work on the overall underlying issue of inflammation. If you can control the whole bodies inflammation, then you'd go a LONG way to solve numerous so called diseases."

cheltz (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel for 15 years...and it is truly a wonder drug! It cleared 99% of my affected areas. For the first 4 or 5 years I injected myself once a week....then for several years I injected my self every 10 days. Results were the same...very positive! For the last few years, I've injected myself once every 2 weeks...and the results remain positive. I tried once every 3 weeks for awhile, but the plaque began to show up again...so I went back to once every 2 weeks. I say again...ENBREL is a wonder drug!"

The Commissioner December 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Took 1 injection. Found out I could not afford it because Medicare won't pay. Have never experienced a FLAIR of this nature. I am in so much pain it is unbearable. Hope it goes away soon. I cannot bear it!"

LisaDo1965 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "My experience so far with embrel has been just brilliant! This is comming from someone who at one point had to get lifted out the bath, have someone wash my hair, get me dressed, put my shoes on. I currently taking the 50mg pre filled pen, just about to take my third dose today. The effects so far have been excellent and I have seen a huge improvement in the quality of my life! After 2 weeks of taking embrel I have no stiffness on a morning, I can go a full day without taking ANY pain killers (prior to this I had to take 2, 30mg codeine 4 times a day, followed by 2 500mg naproxen twice a day - just to function!!!) I have seen a big improvement in my hips (stiffness/pain) and the swelling in both of my knees has almost gone!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I took Enbrel for AS for about 3 years. I noticed a huge improvement in joint swelling after the first dose. Enbrel really helped my joints feel great. I was even able to attend aerobic classes! Unfortunately, on year three of treatment, I developed a life threatening infection in my spine. I also suffered heart valve damage. Both of these were declared to be due to the Enbrel. I knew the risks when I began taking this drug. It gave me almost three years of feeling great and leading a normal life. It also almost killed me...."

cowgirl78 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I was officially diagnosed with AS in 2011 (at age 27) and started taking Enbrel. Enbrel did help reduce my pain after a few weeks but wrecked my immune system. If the flu was going around, I would be one of the first to get it. For a few years, I would take Enbrel to help with the pain but stopped during the flu season. This past year, I stopped taking Enbrel altogether because it was becoming less affective. I would recommend trying Enbrel if you have AS. I does help you, but might not be a long term solution for everyone."

James Garland October 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am 35 years old and have Been on and off Enbrel for 13 years. It's the only medication that keeps my AS under control. P90x stretching videos work so well for AS also."

Markm02 (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for about 8 years and it has been the best experience for me. I had to go off of it for a short time due to surgery and my husband had to help me up out of bed and to even walk because I was in so much pain without it. It is a life changing experience that I don't know what I would do without it."

Elmaab October 5, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "ive been on enbrel for 2 months i have not had any changes. i have diabetes and have pins and needles sticking my feet legs hands. my pins and needles have gotten worst. my joints hurt a lot worst. im trying to keep hope that it will kick in soon. but im getting weary"

polotics September 20, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for 15 years and it has been a life changer. I was literally pain free. Until about a year ago, shortly have the injection I started feeling nauseous, thought maybe it was something I ate but I have since tracked it and every single time to give myself an injection I get nauseated and it lasts for about 36 hours. Has something in the formula of Enbrel changed?? I'll take being nauseated any day over the pain."

Andi G September 19, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've been on Enbrel since May 2012 for Rheumatoid Arthritis and took it varying from every week to as long as 7 weeks at a time. In March 2016, after trying to lean off enbrel, I started having issues with my lower back SI joint and behind my shoulder. I took Enbrel and it got better. I was officially diagnosed with mild to moderate Ankylosing Spondylitis in June by my rheumatologist. I went back to Enbrel every other week and I feel great. Just like the arthritis, my AS went away. I am only 22 years old but Enbrel has kicked two physical diseases and I'm so happy. Try Enbrel!!!"

iLovePumpkinSpice September 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I do have the medication with me(Enbrel) but Im unable to pinch myself due to my damaged fingers because of arthtritis , I went with a nurse to teach me how to do it but was impossible for me to grab the pen I have no grip abilities, tomorrow I will see my R doc to see if a have another options on how to do it, I live by myself and there's no one around to help, and my question is what's the reason nurses woud'nt do it in the office?? Im willing to pay for this service since I can't do it . I need your comments please ?"

kasiloka September 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am starting my first shot of Enbrel next week. I am scared to death of the side effects. I have been on Prednisone and Leflunomide for about 6 months and it has helped, but I am not getting the full relief he had hoped for, so my doctor decided to try weekly Enbrel shots. Feeback? Good or bad experience on Enbrel?"

Anonymous September 7, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Well it's been an hour and a half since my first injection by my doctor in my arm and I feel like a giddy space cadet mentally compared to the insomniatic, sleepless, suicidally depressed wreck that I've been for decades. I started off with misdiagnosed JRA called "growing pains" by my inept pediatrician when i was a child and after it never cleared up I went to see a specialist at age 15 then diagnosed with JRA. It went into a remission in my late teens early twenties then crept back up badly about 6 years ago. I tried every anti-inflammatory in the book and methotrexate with no success only prednisone helped but made me a wee bit too violently insane at times. Basically it's working good so far. 10 stars for enbrel."

ToxicEstates (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I began taking Enbrel in 2008 for severe RA after a year of trying a series of other drugs. I lforgot I had RA. Last Nov. I stopped taking it because I had to be on chemo. Things were fine until April when I went into a full blown flare. Extreme morning stiffness lasted 6 hours or more. My thumbs were virtually useless. I hobbled like I was 95 years old with excruciating pain in my feet, knees, hips and neck. I took morphine which did little to suppress the pain. After consulting with my oncologist and rheumatologist I took my first injection of Enbrel in June - expecting it to take another month or longer to stop the flare. I felt much relief 2 days later. Now I'm almost back to normal."

Kishcakes August 20, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis for 40+ years. I've tried many remedies: tar baths, tar ointments (peee...eeww), various steroids, phototherapy, methotrexate, the works. Some offered relief, albeit temporarily. The steroids were effective but tough on skin thickness and couldn't be used long. About 8 years ago my Doctor convinced my insurance to cover this new drug called Enbrel Enteracept. Since then my life has changed dramatically. No more plaques anywhere... not on scalp, elbows, knees, arms or legs. I do have a remnant guttate form that waxes and wanes, but it is manageable with OTC creams. No other side effects and I'm finally very comfortable in shorts and tees."

Craig Jxn July 18, 2016