User Reviews for Enbrel

Ankylosing Spondylitis 36 reviews 127 medications

7.8
Summary of Enbrel reviews 145 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis for 40+ years. I've tried many remedies: tar baths, tar ointments (peee...eeww), various steroids, phototherapy, methotrexate, the works. Some offered relief, albeit temporarily. The steroids were effective but tough on skin thickness and couldn't be used long. About 8 years ago my Doctor convinced my insurance to cover this new drug called Enbrel Enteracept. Since then my life has changed dramatically. No more plaques anywhere... not on scalp, elbows, knees, arms or legs. I do have a remnant guttate form that waxes and wanes, but it is manageable with OTC creams. No other side effects and I'm finally very comfortable in shorts and tees."

Craig Jxn July 18, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Wonderful drug for ankylosis spondylitis patient"

Sunil mandowara July 17, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I was diagnosed of AS 2yrs back..My doctor prescribed me with Enbrel 50mg weekly which he tapered it slowly..I am still on Tab Methotrexate..I feel wonderful and have almost no pain days .I m 25"

Ronica. m June 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Embrel. Is the best medicine. I have RA. Since I was 25 years old"

lattecarr June 10, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "I tried other medications for RA before trying Enbrel and they either did not work for me or had side effects that I couldn't handle. Without Enbrel I would likely be disabled. That said, the cost of this medication without employer-provided insurance is completely unaffordable.The recent changes to the Enbrel Sureclick autoinjector (circa 2016, maybe 2015) are terrible. As another user mentioned below, the button on the old injector would go off easily once it was up against your skin. Now it is harder to push and harder to predict - you can go through several rounds of psyching yourself up for the injection only to have the autoinjector not go off each time. Frustrating!!"

Amanda B (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "OMGosh, my friends...Enbrel is my lifesaver! I have been 6'2" tall since the 8th grade, then...I think I stopped growing, (up, anyway-lol:) I am 57yrs old now, diagnosed with AS some years ago, and I am now...maybe...4'2", if I'm lucky. If it weren't for Enbrel, I would be in a wheelchair, no doubt in my mind! If it weren't for my stubbornness, (lol:) I'd already be in one. I could go on and on...and on-lol:) Just...PLEASE...IF you are suffering from arthritis of ANY kind, please ask your Dr about Enbrel, or...some other biologic that might be the perfect med for you. Hey, it's worth a shot! HA:) (pun not intentional, but...pretty good) Have to keep smilin'. One day at a time! Good luck my friends:)"

SassyKat13 (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "My daughter was diagnosed with rehumatoid arthritis at the age of 5. It took almost 6 months to get the right diagnosis. She was hospitalized and put on enbrel. It was amazing to see her walking again, being able to use her hands, and run. She has being using enbrel for about 20 months now. However this past few months I have notice it's not having the same effect as before. She's staring to limp, and wakes up with her fingers too stiff to move them. Hoping is just a flare."

DinalLL April 25, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have taken Enbrel for 17 years - since I was 30. I would not be a functioning individual without it. I have not had psoriasis since I started taking it, either. I know this sounds too good to be true, but it is my miracle drug. I've never had any side effects or problems. I am currently on the Sureclick but have also had to fill syringe needle and inject. If you let medicine warm alittle, it doesn't burn as bad."

Marley CJ (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was put on Enbrel in 2007. The change it has made in the quality of my life is amazing. I prefer the mix-it-yourself 25 mg vials because they don't have preservative like the pre-filled syringes, which causes the horrible burning sensation. These also have tiny thin needles, which make the shot almost pain free. I haven't had psoriasis since about 2008, and my rheumatoid arthritis slowed in progression considerably."

Marsha from California (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "It is too expensive and the Amgen company will not help low income people. The private foundations are out of funding. It is not good."

scottfreed April 17, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had RA for two years now. Started MTX about 7 months ago. I started to get worse, not able to open bedroom door in the morning. Stiffness lasting most of the morning and joint pain all day. MTX increased to max dosage without improvement. I take MTX injections. Started Embrel a month ago, much improved with first injection. Now morning I do not have a lot of stiffness, still have joint pain but it is improving as well. My RA was rated as severe. I've had no real side affects from either drug. I have muscle pain in my legs which I understand can be a side affect of Embrel but it beats the joint pain. I had read that the Embrel injections were painful. I personally did not find that to be true."

52 year old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed at the age of 6 with JRA ( juvenile rheumatoid arthritis). At 8 my doctor prescribed me to embrel. I started of taking it once a week. It worked wonders. I wasn't limping anymore. Nearly pain free just the slight stiffness once in awhile. I am now 16 and currently only take it every 15 day or twice a month."

tiffinay April 12, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I just wanted to share this in case there are any apprehensive people worried about having to get an injection. This is only my first week on Enbrel, but I feel like I have had some loosening of my joints and a reduction in pain. What I really wanted to share was that the injection is not nearly as scary as it sounds and does not cause a lot of pain. I was so scared to get a shot because of the comments online but my boyfriend finally injected my thigh with the sure click auto injector. IT'S NOT THAT BAD! I did it on my upper thigh and I barely felt any pain at all, I really built it up in my head! The side effects (nausea, diarrhea) are worse than the injection but not so severe. If you are new don't waste your time worrying and good luck!"

moonzzzzzzzzz April 11, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I was diagnosed at 33 year , now I' m 36 , I have tried Nucoxia which raised my BP .Then Doc recommended to Etanercept 50 mg weekly . It is really a wonder drug . No side effect , nothing. I'm on this drug for two week. I have used Ciplas Etacept"

Rob Rob April 8, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have severe RA and was started on MTX about 6 months ago already maxed out and pain and inflammation was doing major damage. Two years ago I was running a mile several times a week and when the RA hit I could not even open my bedroom door. Recently was started on Embrel. After the first shot I noticed a 25% improvement with pain and stiffness. I did not find the shot painful as some describe, but I had already been self injecting the MTX. No other side affects thus far. Looking forward to my second injection this week and continued improvement."

Ridenslide (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, the very painful debilitating type less than one year ago I called a rheumatologist. She told me I had every indication of rheumatoid arthritis but I had to tell her one more thing I was HIV-positive. Now most of these medications immediately stated not to take it have an infection. Well what is a person to do I have HIV and that's an infection. She gave me time to hash it out and I thought OK I'm going to try it. Of course it's premeasured syringes refrigerated this is how mine was prepared for me. I injected around the navel Area of abdomen. No real pain and no sensitivity occurred. After being on it for six weeks I went for my laboratory results and my doctor called me early on a Saturday morning and stop medication that has caused neutropenia, look it up very serious had to stop it. Now she wants me on it every other week since my blood work has come back normal again But very conflicted as to whether I should or not. Is there anyone else out there with the same condition I have I would love to hear from you thank you hope this helps."

Mr T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I'm 37 and was always healthy and pain free till 1 yr ago. I started having pain in my feet and heals, and my stomach & bowels, it got worse gradually. I started having pain in my left wrist, ankles, knee, shoulders and neck, even a couple of my toes also had a fever off and on. I had swelling and couldn't even walk. I had no idea what was going on till I went to a rheumatoid doc and he found out I had ankylosing spondylitis. He started me on enbrel and I stayed off my feet for a week resting my body. I got better and better ever week no pain at all. I just now am noticing my feet hurting, one knee and by shoulders and very fatigue . I'm praying that the medicine is still working. It's been exactly a yr since I started the enbrel."

JAMIE 1yr enbrel March 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It worked for my joints but I got dizzy and a headache. I had to stop taking it because I continued to feel faint."

Wendy411 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "So I started Enbrel two days ago and I feel exhausted , nauseous, and have a strange metallic taste in my mouth. Has anyone ever experienced this? I am told I should feel like a new person but I feel uncomfortable."

NewGirlIn Town (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Taking Embel once a week now (Started the day before Christmas 12/24/16). I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis for over 17 years but was misdiagnosed until 3/15. The doctors always told me that I had chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. It first started at @ age 37. I could hardly make it through a week without going in and getting IVs full of vitamins and saline. I finally came across a Nurse Practitioner who prescribed me vitamin B injections (twice a week), vitamin D (once a week), and Folic Acid (Deplin - once a week). This really was helpful but the pain was horrific & I never felt right. And I had boughts with bad pain in my Achilles - left foot. There is more to my story but this site will not allow me to type it."

Penny Perfect February 20, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was on enbrel for seven years, got relief after first injection. I developed breast cancer this year and feel that enbrel played a part in bringing it on. I wouldn't change a thing though, I would have been crippled by now, I had good years enjoying life while on enbrel. I can no longer take enbrel, and my RA has gotten so much worse. Also taking prednisone, sulfasalazine, and methotrexate."

Lizzie Girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "The new color injectors suck. Harder to push the button and unpredictable on time of injection now tonight the damn thing after 35 seconds didn't retract. When I pulled it away it continues to spray my medicine across the room. Bring back the white sure click."

Shamus Horan (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for about 2 1/2 years & have really had no relief. Prior I was on methotrexate & ended up having to see a liver transplant doctor because of an acute drug injury to my liver. I now have to see the transplant doctor every 3 months so I'd rather be on Enbrel than Methotrexate. But honestly I feel the Enbrel is just a waste of my time. I've also tried Cimzia, Celebrex, Vioxx, etc. Yet here I am at 42 unable to lift my grandchild & 2 shoulder surgeries & 2 toe replacements while on Enbrel."

CET December 10, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had RA for 8 years. I still had much difficulty doing daily activities while on Methotrexate only. I've been on Enbrel for 15 months and now wouldn't be able to function without it. The Sureclick Autoinjector is a convenient method of administration, but is always quite painful and but fortunately over quickly. I'm so thankful to be on Enbrel."

desert dweller (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have suffered several forms of psoriasis for about 40 years. I have recently started biologicals, at last resort. I was on enbrel sure click for about 9 months. The stuff burns like hell in the legs. Enbrel did very little for me. I am now starting Humira."

Cookie_007 November 14, 2015