User Reviews for Enbrel

Plaque Psoriasis
7.7

Summary of Enbrel reviews 7.9 203 reviews

Reviews for Enbrel

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I began Enbrel on Tuesday & by Thursday I could feel the difference. I was excited yet had the thought in the back of my head “how could this be?” It’s now only Saturday and has been 4 days. So much better that I can’t believe it. I am certainly thankful but wonder how it could work so fast. I have RA, fibro & thyroid autoimmune diseases. Plus degenerative disc in the lower back. Enbrel has even helped w/that. It has been more like a twinge than pain. No swelling, redness or pain anywhere. I was so afraid to take the medication but now that I have wish I hadn’t waited so long. I realize that it could stop working any day or have side effects. But for now I’m very optimistic. "

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel 50 mg auto injector for approximately 2 1/2 months. before this I was put on Prednisone for 3 bad months, then 5 months of Hydroxychloroquine that was ineffective. The Enbrel is included in my personal list of "miracle" drugs that work for me! The injections are now producing good results the same day I inject, dealing with crushing fatigue and debilitating body ache/pain. I know that people react differently to meds and Enbrel might not work for you or give you bad side effects, but I feel that, if you can tolerate the med, try it for 2 months. I just hope that, after my trial run, I can afford it or get assistance, its a great med for me."

youngoldman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "At various points I was on Enbrel, Stelara or Humira. All probably within a 3-5 year time period for psoriatic arthritis. Then I was dx with stage 3 non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. All Rituxan from here out."

MAB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My wife has found great relief using Enbrel for the last 5 years after she was diagnosed with aggressive psoriatic arthritis. My main complaint is the cost of a drug that was introduced 20 years ago. We were co-paying $10 every 90 days until my wife turned 65, when the debit card provided by Enbrel was cancelled. She has to sign up for a Medicare Part D plan now and her co-pay is over $4,800 a year for just that medicine, not including the monthly premiums for the Part D plan. With dual Medicare Part B and Medicare supplemental, our out of pocket cost for 2019 is $10,601, not including other deductibles, and we are healthy. Question: Why do the makers of Enbrel (Amgen) get to charge these exorbitant rates after 20 years on the market. I guess that's why they invented lobbyists."

Jim (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Made no difference after 5 months. Back on prednisone and ibuprofen."

JRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Last 3 months of use I developed neuro problems , tremors, urine issues, skin issues and seizures 2 to 48 hrs after injection, began walking with a list (tilted, off balance), became confused, locked myself in a closet for 2 days. Would turn on burners then go back and forth forgetting to get food out of fridge. Family demanded I stop. After enbrel I had 4 weeks of elevated blood pressure 160 over 95 and pulse of 90. My BP for 15 yrs has been 120 to 130 over 70s and pulse in upper 60s. Urine turned dark brown and had a smell so horrid I would retch. My liver prior to stopping Enbrel enlarged further as did my spleen. Enzyme levels skyrocketed and biliburin levels went from .5 prior to out of range 1.7. platelet levels dropped from low 120 ml per to less than 80ml per. Have regained memory but still have tremors have lost 45 lbs in a month with no end in sight. Still have neurological issues and walk funny Enbrel wrecked my body and Amgen is not interested in what happened."

Ivfiuidotcom July 18, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis "Great stuff! Cleared my psoriasis right up. Took for close to 15 years before Blue Cross Blue Shield stopped covering it. Now using Humira with disastrous results."

Buck (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on Embrel and plaquinil for about as long as I've been diagnosed which is about 10 years. I've had surgery to remove cysts on my fingers, bottom , my cervical spine (kinda tricky), tomorrow I go in to have a walnut sized growth on my left chest wall. My fingers are deformed, numb with episodes of Raynauds."

slynnette (taken for 10 years or more) May 24, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I used the Enbrel injection 3 times before I decided to NOT do the 4th injection. After the third injection I had a giant, purple raised, rash everywhere I had injected. 8 days after my third injection I suffered a massive subdural hematoma (brain bleed). On top of that the 8 days after the 3rd injection I had more body pain than I have ever experienced in my life. I would never advise anyone to use this medication!"

BeckyG17 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been using Embrel for 20 years. I started it in a trial in 1998. I could barely walk at the time and was in constant pain. Except for occasional knee problems I live a normal life with little pain"

Ell (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Just diagnosed with RA at 65 years old. The Enbrel is super expensive! Only on my third injection but nothing positive yet. The actual injection HURTS LIKE HECK but only for about 20 seconds which seem like minutes, then its over with but it really does hurt."

Sandie (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Essentially eliminated all of my pain. Shot itself isn't too bad."

Jack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was given Enbrel in January and after 3 injections noticed a rash. The rash after a month put me in the hospital. The rash turned into sores on my legs and after 1 month of stopping injections the rash is worsening. I would use this medication with caution. Take notes of side effects daily. For me the rash is an allergic reaction but it still has me in bed and not working. It feels like knives stabbing in my legs. unable to walk. numbness and swelling in my ankles. Something still isn't right. and its been over a month since last injection."

tina1414 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on Embrel for 3 weeks and its been a game changer to my life. I was on Methotrexate for 4 weeks and realized the pain did not subside. I'm hoping that this will last since I have experienced a few aches but nothing compared to the pain I had before. One MAJOR downside - the injection is very expensive, especially insurance companies in Asia do not cover this particular medicine."

Rui w February 5, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with polymyalgia in 2016 at the age of 38. This disease has taking a toll on me especially at night when I sleep. Well one day I could not move my arms legs had pain in my wrist. Then by the next couple days my shoulders and hips started to hurt. I could not comb my hair, open doors. My rhemotolgist dr placed me on 20mg prednisone after a few days I was able to function again. Prednisone doesn't last all day. My dr prescribed embrel last wk. From the second day I was able to move comfortably in bed. I knew it was working. I felt it over night. I'm so grateful. My CED rate was always high at least in the hundreds. Can't wait to see next month's labs. Because I'm feeling better I'm sure the number has gone down. What do you have to lose but the pain. I tried methatrexate and many other pills nothing worked but the steroids. Still feeling the embrel working next shot is tomorrow. So it hasn't worn off. Haven't felt side effects either. That's a plus."

ChrisTina1414 January 29, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Enbrel for a little over 2 yrs Tried MTX, Humira and some other biologic before insurance would pay for Enbrel, which my RA doc says is the "gold" standard treatment. I feel that it helped the first 2 years but after the last few months I've been having more intense side effects - achy legs, lethargy, headaches, injection site reactions and my joints are actually more swollen - especially in the a.m.? I went off it last year for 3 mths just to see what would happen and I felt better (side effect wise) and my RA seemed stable but my labs were abnormal after the 3 mths so my Dr. encouraged me to go back on the Enbrel. Been back on for 3 weeks and feeling very discouraged. Helps with the RA but now living with the side effects."

babysonographer (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2018

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "My 14 yr old daughter takes this once a week. It has really helped her. But the injections hurt and she often cries for several minutes after getting the shots. She has multiple health issues and has had 3 open heart surgeries. We have elected to stop taking shots and try something else. Its just too hard on her."

Asia742 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was one of the first people in England to use this drug over 15 years ago. When I started all the clinicians were very nervous, as was I. My RA was so bad I had little to lose. I am now in the gym at least 3 times a week and hiking regularly. For me it has been literally a life saver and a life changer. Good look to anyone who tries it."

Paddy 16 December 22, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "In hustler america for profit publicly traded "health" insurance companies manage all care. The doctor is simply window dressing. The for profit publicly traded "health" insurance companies and PBMs (pharmacy benefit mgmt orgs) deny every claim and deny needed medicine to generate billions in profit for rebates, etc...That's American "health" "care". A sad joke. Other than war and hustling--what exactly did America really stand for?"

Baseball Women November 19, 2017

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "My son was diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis when he was 11 years old. He started having pain in his heels and feet and was on crutches and unable to walk. He went from super active playing basketball and football to being unable to walk and going to school on crutches and in lots of pain. After being diagnosed and starting on the injections, my son noticed immediately the flare ups stopping and being able to walk with a limp, then jog, then run and back to playing all the sports he loves. He actually looked forward to the injections because he was able to see improvement each week with the injections. In two years his only side effect is an occasionally upset stomach."

Check05 November 13, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I live in Western Australia and disturbed by some comments on here. The cost of Embrel is cost of an ordinary prescription $36 for me the government pays the remainder of the cost to the chemist. I also go to the the medical centre every Saturday morning a Dr looks over my prescription and then he advises the nurse to administer the injection also no cost to myself and this is part of nurses duties. I am unsure of the country where people who have made comments referring to cost and that nobody is there to administer the injection for them. I am very lucky to live in Australia as we have the best health system worldwide and everybody is given the opportunity to receive proper medical help whether you are rich or poor there is no discrimination."

Kloppi September 16, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I developed RA after Breast cancer treatment. After 2 years in terrible pain I started enbrel and the pain was took way like by hand. Stayed with this medication for about 4-5 yrs until the side effect came out. Today I have Multiple Myeloma --an incurable blood cancer with tons of effects and short life. I really don't know if taking Enbrel for RA is worth. Must have an alternative."

DarkBrown September 2, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2016. Was on methotrexate until March of 2017 with decent improvements. Went on enbrel in March of 2017. Unbelievable results. Feel great. Thanks Amgen!!!"

Phast Phil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "ENBREL is a life changer. I tried oral therapy (methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisone, etc), and had severe side effects. With ENBREL, the stabbing sensations of a hot knife twisting in my joints stopped. I inject myself weekly in the abdomen with the SureClick pen. 2 out of 104X the injection site bruised. 2 out of 104x using ENBREL, 2 SureClicks failed to inject. AMGEN replaced for free. Surgeries helped me regain hand and arm strength. My 2-yr follow-up X-ray for my total knee replacement was spot on, despite the permanent RA damage to the femur. Double rhizotomy in cervical spine every 6 mos helps. Will replace damaged forefinger and thumb joints this year. Mountain biking again! Thank God for ENBREL!"

loudwaters (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took enbrel for about 8 yrs with great satisfaction and little side effects.Then it lost its effectiveness and I changed to Humira with even better results.Now after 7 more years it appears its effectiveness is starting to wane .I'm considering going back to enbrel and trying it again hopefully with comparable results as the first time. good luck to all and I hoped this helped someone."

Matt. (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2017