User Reviews for Enbrel

Ankylosing Spondylitis 37 reviews 128 medications

7.8
Summary of Enbrel reviews 152 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "ive been on enbrel for 2 months i have not had any changes. i have diabetes and have pins and needles sticking my feet legs hands. my pins and needles have gotten worst. my joints hurt a lot worst. im trying to keep hope that it will kick in soon. but im getting weary"

polotics September 20, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for 15 years and it has been a life changer. I was literally pain free. Until about a year ago, shortly have the injection I started feeling nauseous, thought maybe it was something I ate but I have since tracked it and every single time to give myself an injection I get nauseated and it lasts for about 36 hours. Has something in the formula of Enbrel changed?? I'll take being nauseated any day over the pain."

Andi G September 19, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I've been on Enbrel since May 2012 for Rheumatoid Arthritis and took it varying from every week to as long as 7 weeks at a time. In March 2016, after trying to lean off enbrel, I started having issues with my lower back SI joint and behind my shoulder. I took Enbrel and it got better. I was officially diagnosed with mild to moderate Ankylosing Spondylitis in June by my rheumatologist. I went back to Enbrel every other week and I feel great. Just like the arthritis, my AS went away. I am only 22 years old but Enbrel has kicked two physical diseases and I'm so happy. Try Enbrel!!!"

iLovePumpkinSpice September 14, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I do have the medication with me(Enbrel) but Im unable to pinch myself due to my damaged fingers because of arthtritis , I went with a nurse to teach me how to do it but was impossible for me to grab the pen I have no grip abilities, tomorrow I will see my R doc to see if a have another options on how to do it, I live by myself and there's no one around to help, and my question is what's the reason nurses woud'nt do it in the office?? Im willing to pay for this service since I can't do it . I need your comments please ?"

kasiloka September 13, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am starting my first shot of Enbrel next week. I am scared to death of the side effects. I have been on Prednisone and Leflunomide for about 6 months and it has helped, but I am not getting the full relief he had hoped for, so my doctor decided to try weekly Enbrel shots. Feeback? Good or bad experience on Enbrel?"

Anonymous September 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Well it's been an hour and a half since my first injection by my doctor in my arm and I feel like a giddy space cadet mentally compared to the insomniatic, sleepless, suicidally depressed wreck that I've been for decades. I started off with misdiagnosed JRA called "growing pains" by my inept pediatrician when i was a child and after it never cleared up I went to see a specialist at age 15 then diagnosed with JRA. It went into a remission in my late teens early twenties then crept back up badly about 6 years ago. I tried every anti-inflammatory in the book and methotrexate with no success only prednisone helped but made me a wee bit too violently insane at times. Basically it's working good so far. 10 stars for enbrel."

ToxicEstates (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I began taking Enbrel in 2008 for severe RA after a year of trying a series of other drugs. I lforgot I had RA. Last Nov. I stopped taking it because I had to be on chemo. Things were fine until April when I went into a full blown flare. Extreme morning stiffness lasted 6 hours or more. My thumbs were virtually useless. I hobbled like I was 95 years old with excruciating pain in my feet, knees, hips and neck. I took morphine which did little to suppress the pain. After consulting with my oncologist and rheumatologist I took my first injection of Enbrel in June - expecting it to take another month or longer to stop the flare. I felt much relief 2 days later. Now I'm almost back to normal."

Kishcakes August 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis for 40+ years. I've tried many remedies: tar baths, tar ointments (peee...eeww), various steroids, phototherapy, methotrexate, the works. Some offered relief, albeit temporarily. The steroids were effective but tough on skin thickness and couldn't be used long. About 8 years ago my Doctor convinced my insurance to cover this new drug called Enbrel Enteracept. Since then my life has changed dramatically. No more plaques anywhere... not on scalp, elbows, knees, arms or legs. I do have a remnant guttate form that waxes and wanes, but it is manageable with OTC creams. No other side effects and I'm finally very comfortable in shorts and tees."

Craig Jxn July 18, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Wonderful drug for ankylosis spondylitis patient"

Sunil mandowara July 17, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Hi, I was diagnosed of AS 2yrs back..My doctor prescribed me with Enbrel 50mg weekly which he tapered it slowly..I am still on Tab Methotrexate..I feel wonderful and have almost no pain days .I m 25"

Ronica. m June 17, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Embrel. Is the best medicine. I have RA. Since I was 25 years old"

lattecarr June 10, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "I tried other medications for RA before trying Enbrel and they either did not work for me or had side effects that I couldn't handle. Without Enbrel I would likely be disabled. That said, the cost of this medication without employer-provided insurance is completely unaffordable.The recent changes to the Enbrel Sureclick autoinjector (circa 2016, maybe 2015) are terrible. As another user mentioned below, the button on the old injector would go off easily once it was up against your skin. Now it is harder to push and harder to predict - you can go through several rounds of psyching yourself up for the injection only to have the autoinjector not go off each time. Frustrating!!"

Amanda B (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "OMGosh, my friends...Enbrel is my lifesaver! I have been 6'2" tall since the 8th grade, then...I think I stopped growing, (up, anyway-lol:) I am 57yrs old now, diagnosed with AS some years ago, and I am now...maybe...4'2", if I'm lucky. If it weren't for Enbrel, I would be in a wheelchair, no doubt in my mind! If it weren't for my stubbornness, (lol:) I'd already be in one. I could go on and on...and on-lol:) Just...PLEASE...IF you are suffering from arthritis of ANY kind, please ask your Dr about Enbrel, or...some other biologic that might be the perfect med for you. Hey, it's worth a shot! HA:) (pun not intentional, but...pretty good) Have to keep smilin'. One day at a time! Good luck my friends:)"

SassyKat13 (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "My daughter was diagnosed with rehumatoid arthritis at the age of 5. It took almost 6 months to get the right diagnosis. She was hospitalized and put on enbrel. It was amazing to see her walking again, being able to use her hands, and run. She has being using enbrel for about 20 months now. However this past few months I have notice it's not having the same effect as before. She's staring to limp, and wakes up with her fingers too stiff to move them. Hoping is just a flare."

DinalLL April 25, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have taken Enbrel for 17 years - since I was 30. I would not be a functioning individual without it. I have not had psoriasis since I started taking it, either. I know this sounds too good to be true, but it is my miracle drug. I've never had any side effects or problems. I am currently on the Sureclick but have also had to fill syringe needle and inject. If you let medicine warm alittle, it doesn't burn as bad."

Marley CJ (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was put on Enbrel in 2007. The change it has made in the quality of my life is amazing. I prefer the mix-it-yourself 25 mg vials because they don't have preservative like the pre-filled syringes, which causes the horrible burning sensation. These also have tiny thin needles, which make the shot almost pain free. I haven't had psoriasis since about 2008, and my rheumatoid arthritis slowed in progression considerably."

Marsha from California (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "It is too expensive and the Amgen company will not help low income people. The private foundations are out of funding. It is not good."

scottfreed April 17, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had RA for two years now. Started MTX about 7 months ago. I started to get worse, not able to open bedroom door in the morning. Stiffness lasting most of the morning and joint pain all day. MTX increased to max dosage without improvement. I take MTX injections. Started Embrel a month ago, much improved with first injection. Now morning I do not have a lot of stiffness, still have joint pain but it is improving as well. My RA was rated as severe. I've had no real side affects from either drug. I have muscle pain in my legs which I understand can be a side affect of Embrel but it beats the joint pain. I had read that the Embrel injections were painful. I personally did not find that to be true."

52 year old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed at the age of 6 with JRA ( juvenile rheumatoid arthritis). At 8 my doctor prescribed me to embrel. I started of taking it once a week. It worked wonders. I wasn't limping anymore. Nearly pain free just the slight stiffness once in awhile. I am now 16 and currently only take it every 15 day or twice a month."

tiffinay April 12, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I just wanted to share this in case there are any apprehensive people worried about having to get an injection. This is only my first week on Enbrel, but I feel like I have had some loosening of my joints and a reduction in pain. What I really wanted to share was that the injection is not nearly as scary as it sounds and does not cause a lot of pain. I was so scared to get a shot because of the comments online but my boyfriend finally injected my thigh with the sure click auto injector. IT'S NOT THAT BAD! I did it on my upper thigh and I barely felt any pain at all, I really built it up in my head! The side effects (nausea, diarrhea) are worse than the injection but not so severe. If you are new don't waste your time worrying and good luck!"

moonzzzzzzzzz April 11, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I was diagnosed at 33 year , now I' m 36 , I have tried Nucoxia which raised my BP .Then Doc recommended to Etanercept 50 mg weekly . It is really a wonder drug . No side effect , nothing. I'm on this drug for two week. I have used Ciplas Etacept"

Rob Rob April 8, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have severe RA and was started on MTX about 6 months ago already maxed out and pain and inflammation was doing major damage. Two years ago I was running a mile several times a week and when the RA hit I could not even open my bedroom door. Recently was started on Embrel. After the first shot I noticed a 25% improvement with pain and stiffness. I did not find the shot painful as some describe, but I had already been self injecting the MTX. No other side affects thus far. Looking forward to my second injection this week and continued improvement."

Ridenslide (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, the very painful debilitating type less than one year ago I called a rheumatologist. She told me I had every indication of rheumatoid arthritis but I had to tell her one more thing I was HIV-positive. Now most of these medications immediately stated not to take it have an infection. Well what is a person to do I have HIV and that's an infection. She gave me time to hash it out and I thought OK I'm going to try it. Of course it's premeasured syringes refrigerated this is how mine was prepared for me. I injected around the navel Area of abdomen. No real pain and no sensitivity occurred. After being on it for six weeks I went for my laboratory results and my doctor called me early on a Saturday morning and stop medication that has caused neutropenia, look it up very serious had to stop it. Now she wants me on it every other week since my blood work has come back normal again But very conflicted as to whether I should or not. Is there anyone else out there with the same condition I have I would love to hear from you thank you hope this helps."

Mr T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I'm 37 and was always healthy and pain free till 1 yr ago. I started having pain in my feet and heals, and my stomach & bowels, it got worse gradually. I started having pain in my left wrist, ankles, knee, shoulders and neck, even a couple of my toes also had a fever off and on. I had swelling and couldn't even walk. I had no idea what was going on till I went to a rheumatoid doc and he found out I had ankylosing spondylitis. He started me on enbrel and I stayed off my feet for a week resting my body. I got better and better ever week no pain at all. I just now am noticing my feet hurting, one knee and by shoulders and very fatigue . I'm praying that the medicine is still working. It's been exactly a yr since I started the enbrel."

JAMIE 1yr enbrel March 5, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It worked for my joints but I got dizzy and a headache. I had to stop taking it because I continued to feel faint."

Wendy411 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016