User Reviews for Enbrel

Plaque Psoriasis 9 reviews 23 medications

7.5
Summary of Enbrel reviews 183 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Enbrel

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I live in Western Australia and disturbed by some comments on here. The cost of Embrel is cost of an ordinary prescription $36 for me the government pays the remainder of the cost to the chemist. I also go to the the medical centre every Saturday morning a Dr looks over my prescription and then he advises the nurse to administer the injection also no cost to myself and this is part of nurses duties. I am unsure of the country where people who have made comments referring to cost and that nobody is there to administer the injection for them. I am very lucky to live in Australia as we have the best health system worldwide and everybody is given the opportunity to receive proper medical help whether you are rich or poor there is no discrimination."

Kloppi September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I developed RA after Breast cancer treatment. After 2 years in terrible pain I started enbrel and the pain was took way like by hand. Stayed with this medication for about 4-5 yrs until the side effect came out. Today I have Multiple Myeloma --an incurable blood cancer with tons of effects and short life. I really don't know if taking Enbrel for RA is worth. Must have an alternative."

DarkBrown September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2016. Was on methotrexate until March of 2017 with decent improvements. Went on enbrel in March of 2017. Unbelievable results. Feel great. Thanks Amgen!!!"

Phast Phil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "ENBREL is a life changer. I tried oral therapy (methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisone, etc), and had severe side effects. With ENBREL, the stabbing sensations of a hot knife twisting in my joints stopped. I inject myself weekly in the abdomen with the SureClick pen. 2 out of 104X the injection site bruised. 2 out of 104x using ENBREL, 2 SureClicks failed to inject. AMGEN replaced for free. Surgeries helped me regain hand and arm strength. My 2-yr follow-up X-ray for my total knee replacement was spot on, despite the permanent RA damage to the femur. Double rhizotomy in cervical spine every 6 mos helps. Will replace damaged forefinger and thumb joints this year. Mountain biking again! Thank God for ENBREL!"

loudwaters (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took enbrel for about 8 yrs with great satisfaction and little side effects.Then it lost its effectiveness and I changed to Humira with even better results.Now after 7 more years it appears its effectiveness is starting to wane .I'm considering going back to enbrel and trying it again hopefully with comparable results as the first time. good luck to all and I hoped this helped someone."

Matt. (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Embrel from 2004 to 2012 until it stopped working and I switched to Humira. I was on a double dose due to the severity of the arthritis- in nearly every joint. Psoriasis is mild. Enbrel was a miracle drug that took me from barely walking to 80% mobility. Still can't kneel or run but that's minor. I can WALK!!!! I had no side effects. I took it with methotrexate for 3 years and then stopped the mtx cause Enbrel was so effective. Alas the day came when Enbrel quit working but 8 years was a nice run compared to some people. Humira is almost as effective but the psoriasis was better with Enbrel. I've had PsA for 45 years and Enbrel was a God-send."

OhComeNow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Using for 5 months and the results are amazing. I forgot the past with the psoriasis ,I was just afraid to be sick ."

SBH37 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "After a battle with the local health authority I started to use the miracle drug Enbrel over 7 years ago and found immediate relief. I never took another of the numerous painkillers or other drugs I was taking until 2 months after I was changed over to Benepali in January 17. After complaining of Benapali not being as effective as Enbrel I had an appointment with the physio today, just 2 months since my last appointment. ALL of my measurements are lower than before i.e. I have lost movement and my pain scores have gone from all zeros to a mix up to 8. I'm hoping I can go back to Enbrel as it was so much more effective for me."

Kirovfan (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "After negative side effects from another "biologic", I went on Enbrel. It did help the joints, quite a bit, reducing joint pain and increasing mobility. I was able to walk up and down stairs, and started walking from 1 to 5 miles a week! ( A near miracle after 45 years with Psoriatic arthritis!!) Most of the symptoms of Transverse myelitis, which started on another biologic and was much more severe on that previous drug went away, with the exception of Bladder Incontinence.... made a life outside the home very difficult. That side effect stopped within 3 days of taking Enbrel, and has not returned in the past 2 years."

ksquared (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for about 5-6 years roughly, I use to take methotrexate and Enbrel, then I stick to Enbrel and it has stabled my arthritis. I am doing it now every 3 weeks and I find my joints hurt after taking it. The best place to do it in my opinion is the upper leg. Sometimes the area I did my injection would itch but it would dissapear after a couple days. Overall I haven't had much complaints using this medicine, I used the sure click which makes things easier then the automatic one."

Curly Sue101 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was terrified to take this drug, or any drug that they were going to put me on for the arthritis. I took methotrexate, prednisone and plaquenil which just about did nothing. Went to another Rheumatologist who suggested I try enbrel. Put all the fear aside if you're afraid to inject it because it does not hurt at all and you don't even see the needle (I hate needles). I've only been on it for 3 weeks but my pain has just about gone away and this is coming from someone who could barely get out of bed last April. Haven't had any side effects so we will see how it plays out from here."

Ben D April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with RA 20 years ago. Never had any serious issues that I could not easily live with until one year ago February. Had a severe flare in shoulders, hands, wrists and other areas. I was put in methotrexate, sulfasalazine and prednisone and plaquinel. Also had several steroid injections. I also needed to take Aleve on a regular basis. I started Enbrel 5 weeks ago. Remarkable results. Haven't taken an Aleve since. I have stopped methotrexate which was giving me a chronic cough. I feel much better."

Phast90 April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had one injection of Enbrel in the Dr. office two weeks ago it did such a great job on my knees there was no pain, no swelling I felt normal for a change, I could not believe this drug could do so well. I will finally be starting my weekly injections tomorrow. Boy am I ready! The side effects scare me a little now that I have read these reviews."

friendgal10 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "Make sure and take the shot on your thigh. It hurts less. Also, do not buy into the advice about icing the area or letting the shot sit out for a bit to warm up some. It hurts the same. I have been on Enbrel for five months. The big red spots do go down after a week on the first few shots and after a month you only get a mark for a day or two. My advice is to give yourself your shot on a Sunday and by the weekend you'll have no mark. I am in college and it is not that bad. I am on 50 mg which has not worked well and my doctor is going to increase my dosage. It helps some, but Celebrex is still my go-to for pain. Wash your hands a lot!"

Happygoluckygirl March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Enbrel has done a fantastic job of relieving the inflammation and pain associated with my severe RA. I began Enbrel three weeks after surgery unrelated to RA. Almost overnight the inflammation in my hands and the painful joints disappeared after the first injection. Have not experienced any bad side-effects to date, other than some minor sinus issues. I eat raw local honey each day, two tablespoons morning and evening to help keep me healthy. Am on Methotrexate 10 mg injection once a week, as well as Enbrel 50 mg injection once a week. Tried going off Methotrexate, but was back on it after ten days as apparently Enbrel alone is not quite enough to treat my RA."

RA-Don (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am 47 having AS for 26 years. last 5 months have starting using Embrel, I can not describe the results... try it yourself... amazing"

Anas Sunbul (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My hands have been deteriorating rapidly, they'd closed into a fist and could barely open them, was in pain every day that only huge doses of prednisone (not prescribed) helped. A few days after my first injection the pain was gone and my hands opened up again. I'm hoping this continues to be the case."

Eostara (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Used for about two years. Injection site skin discoloration. Lost effectiveness and caused secondary reaction."

gdvv January 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Good but very risky medicine. I am Psoriasis Psoriatic Arthritis patient. After 8 years of using Enbrel I developed Lymphoma. Warning labels are not enough. If you think that you will be among the 90 % of patients that are lucky enough, go ahead. But think more than twice before taking an Enbrel shot."

Richard VA January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "Enbrel worked for me like a miracle for about 8 years, possibly a little longer. Unfortunately, it seems to no longer be effective. I am about to switch to something else, not sure what. And so my rating of 5 indicates that it worked well, but lost effectiveness. I truly thought I was finished with psoriasis, but it was back."

J- (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've gone from 6 sulfasalazine, 1× 15mg tablet form of methotrexate, 4 naproxen and 1 omeprazole a day to only my 1× Enbrel injection and 1× methotrexate injection a week and am 100% better. I'm still exhausted and occasionally have puffy hands but pain and inflammation are gone."

Shellbel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Works extremely well. The day after I give myself the injection, I feel like I have a cold (common side effects) ... Two days after, I'm fine. I get sick easily when inconsiderate people ride public transportation sick and don't take care about coughing. Grocery shopping is another hazard as sick people run into the store "for just a second" and head home to be sick. Buying masks for the hazard areas is a good idea. I always ask at Drs offices for a few and have never been refuses. Even with the one day colds and the hazard if getting sick frequently, IT'S MORE THAN WORTH TAKING DUE TO BENEFITS. (I wouldn't even regret taking it if I got the most severe rare side effect alone or in combination with methotrexate)"

Placebo;p (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Took Enbrel with methotrexate for four years and it worked great. Developed optic neuritis in right eye and discontinued it. Optic neuritis is inflamation of the optic nerve and is one of the neurological disorder side effects of the drug. Changed diet to eliminate red meat and poultry and sugar and take natural supplements."

Bob H. California (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Of all the biologics , Enbrel is my best compromise. It takes away most of the arthritic symptoms but does not do as well a job on the psoriasis. I think the pharms concentrate of Blocking the T cell when they should work on the overall underlying issue of inflammation. If you can control the whole bodies inflammation, then you'd go a LONG way to solve numerous so called diseases."

cheltz (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel for 15 years...and it is truly a wonder drug! It cleared 99% of my affected areas. For the first 4 or 5 years I injected myself once a week....then for several years I injected my self every 10 days. Results were the same...very positive! For the last few years, I've injected myself once every 2 weeks...and the results remain positive. I tried once every 3 weeks for awhile, but the plaque began to show up again...so I went back to once every 2 weeks. I say again...ENBREL is a wonder drug!"

The Commissioner December 1, 2016