User Reviews for Enbrel

Enbrel Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Plaque Psoriasis.

Reviews for Enbrel to treat Plaque Psoriasis

"Great stuff! Cleared my psoriasis right up. Took for close to 15 years before Blue Cross Blue Shield stopped covering it. Now using Humira with disastrous results."

Buck (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2018

"Enbrel worked for me like a miracle for about 8 years, possibly a little longer. Unfortunately, it seems to no longer be effective. I am about to switch to something else, not sure what. And so my rating of 5 indicates that it worked well, but lost effectiveness. I truly thought I was finished with psoriasis, but it was back."

J- (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2017

"I have been on Enbrel for 15 years...and it is truly a wonder drug! It cleared 99% of my affected areas. For the first 4 or 5 years I injected myself once a week....then for several years I injected my self every 10 days. Results were the same...very positive! For the last few years, I've injected myself once every 2 weeks...and the results remain positive. I tried once every 3 weeks for awhile, but the plaque began to show up again...so I went back to once every 2 weeks. I say again...ENBREL is a wonder drug!"

The Commissioner December 1, 2016

"I've had psoriasis for 40+ years. I've tried many remedies: tar baths, tar ointments (peee...eeww), various steroids, phototherapy, methotrexate, the works. Some offered relief, albeit temporarily. The steroids were effective but tough on skin thickness and couldn't be used long. About 8 years ago my Doctor convinced my insurance to cover this new drug called Enbrel Enteracept. Since then my life has changed dramatically. No more plaques anywhere... not on scalp, elbows, knees, arms or legs. I do have a remnant guttate form that waxes and wanes, but it is manageable with OTC creams. No other side effects and I'm finally very comfortable in shorts and tees."

Craig Jxn July 18, 2016

"I have suffered several forms of psoriasis for about 40 years. I have recently started biologicals, at last resort. I was on enbrel sure click for about 9 months. The stuff burns like hell in the legs. Enbrel did very little for me. I am now starting Humira."

Cookie_007 November 14, 2015

"15 year old that had severe plaque psoriasis, I tried everything from tropical ointments to solar treatment nothing worked. As soon as I started with enbrel I started to see results in about two weeks in less than 2 months I was 100% clear. Thank you enbrel (: !"

Wendy Mata July 21, 2015

"I had psoriasis start around the age of 20 and was not living a healthy lifestyle. After less than two years, getting healthy and topical treatments it went away (clobetasol was the best and tanning). About a year ago it came back with a vengeance (26 years old). It was all over - scalp (a lot), chest, stomach, back, legs, arms. I was so depressed, scared to date anyone, and went back to topical treatment which did not work at all. I tried oral methotrexate, steroids shots to my scalp, prednisone (worked briefly), but nothing would take me back to the days of just having a tiny bit on my elbows and scalp. Enbrel worked! My skin is completely clear outside of a little on my scalp but it's the best my scalp has ever been. Thank you Enbrel."

Jenny S. January 17, 2015

"I have been on Enbrel for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis for over 8 yrs. In the beginning my Psoriasis was the worst but after having to be off Enbrel for 7-8 months in order to take immunizations my Psoriatic arthritis had gotten the best of me. I have been back on Enbrel now for 5 weeks of one injection of 50mg. I totally feel everything is going back to where I was. The Psoriasis is almost gone (which is great considering I was 90% covered within two months of stopping) but the arthritis is taking just a little longer. This medicine saved my life years ago. I am almost 48 and have suffered with this since I was 13."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 11, 2014

"Enbrel worked fantastic with near total clearing of all psoriasis for about the first 3 years, then acceptable but less complete clearing for the next 3, and finally stopped working altogether in year 7. Self-injecting with the pre-filled syringes was easy and overall I was pleased with the medicine and no side effects."

Northdallas4 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2013

"I am finishing my second month of twice per week injections of Enbrel and it had worked wonders for me. I no longer have the plaque Psoriasis and I can finally wear short sleeves without being embarrassed. Going on job interviews was torture in the summer because I always wore long sleeves to hide my embarrassment of the psoriasis. Even some of my patients asked me if I was contagious because the scales got so bad. I am a nurse so giving the injections to myself was a whole lot different then giving shots to my patients. I rotate the sites around my body and have not had any site reactions. I don't think I've had any bad reactions to Enbrel and I hope I never do. As long as it keeps working I will keep taking the injections."

Anonymous September 4, 2013