User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Acetocot, Aristocort, Aristocort For Injection, Aristopak, Aristospan, Aristospan Intra-Articular, Aristospan Intralesional, Azmacort, Clinacort, Clinalog, Cort-K, Ken-Jec 40, Kenaject-40, Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Triamcinolone.

Dermatitis 3 reviews 313 medications

6.2
Lichen Planus 1 reviews 56 medications

Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 55 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Triamcinolone

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Had an injection into my knee due to osteoarthritis. I am scheduled for knee replacement but there is 1 year wait for surgery. Before injection I could not sleep due to throbbing pain and after injection this is gone. My overall pain is significantly reduced. I had no adverse reaction to the drug."

HelenBee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "After the shot had pain down the entire leg for a week. No other reaction and NO relief in the hip area. It finally wore off and I'm back to where I started with the discomfort."

Carson Kid September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Neuritis: "I have Tunnel syndrome in my foot. A doctor made my Kenalog injection in it. I could not feel my foot during five days. It's been three weeks now, but I have numbness and tingling . And I do not know when will finish numbness and tingling....If finishes at all..."

arialuk July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped"

cet93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Had injection to right thumb on 3/1/17 for stiffness. As an adverse reaction, I've already lost 75% of my hair! If it ever stops falling, it will take years to restore! This medication is poison and should be taken off the market. i Contacted Bristol- Meyers Squibb and they have no comment to offer regarding my complaint. I am looking for an attorney!"

L Chiriboga June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "Have been receiving the injections now for three months with great results. My hair was bald in the centers of my head. At this time my hair has grow about 1 inch at the point."

Jazzyj2005 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aristospan (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It's the only injection that truly helps my son be able to function as a rambunctious teenager without pain in all his joints. He's had up to 17 injections done at one time for his Poly-particular Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis with a short recovery time and pain relief for 3-4 months. I highly recommend asking about getting this injection instead of a short lived Cortisone injection."

Jrounds78 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I've been getting Kenalog shots for my alopecia once a month for five months now....Very little hair regrowth, the hair that has grown back is grey now, and the alopecia continues to spread. I've lost 40% of my beard over the past few months and nothing is helping, including Kenalog."

Trevmcg March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "8 years ago I was diagnosed as having central alopecia...tender scalp accompanied by hair loss. Topical steriod lotion( Betnovate) and Doxycycline were prescribed by my dermatologist. They helped and the hair loss stopped. Because it is the scarring type, the top remained a bit sparse but I was grateful that the hair loss stopped. A couple months ago the hair loss started again and was terrible. Desperate, I requested triamicinolone injections on my scalp. I got 10 on December 15th. In about 8 days I could swear I could see the spaces filling. I almost cried. As a woman, going bald is undescribably horrible. It's been almost a month and it continues to improve. Thank God!!!"

Liz Charles January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatological Disorders: "Cream works great on rash that could not be identified when biopsy done. I get diarrhea though, especially bad if use too much cream. Use sparingly! I only use as needed for flare ups."

Unknown rash (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Iritis: "Chronic uveitis/iritis. Several drops and pills and injections later, the one thing that shows marked decrease between flares for me is this stupid kenalog injection. I would rather do anything that get injections in my eye! They're miserable for a few days afterwards. Not great for active mom of toddler. Want to burry my head in silence, darkness for three days. HOWEVER, I have basically been in a two year long flare, this injection has given me quieter days with my fickle illness. Saved my sight. Lasts about 3 months during rough goes and 8 months during good times. So they say."

uveitismama (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: " i have fibro, chronic pain around neck ,relieved pain very fast.. side effects still here- into 2nd week. rapid heart rate, feels like can't catch my breath, sweats, coughing, bouncing off the walls.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!"

Mygrandson January 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Received Kenalog injection in right thumb, for Osteoarthritis. I had side effects with Dr saying these were NOT related to the Kenalog Injection. Dizziness, bloody nose, confusion, Migraines. Dr. knew from my chart that I had Diabetes- Thyroid, AND PREVIOUS bad reaction with 'Prednsone' Dr. told me before injection on the same day, "I've never heard of anyone being allergic to "Corticosteroids" I agreed then to Injection & suffered since 12/16/2015 with the adverse effects. Grrrr! I'm female-77 years."

My other name (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "I had strained pretty much my entire body making changes in an old chest. My whole body seemed to hurt constantly and my hands were essentially unmoving and stiff. With an on and off Dx of SLE, I went to a rheumatologist. He injected once in the hip with Kenelog 40. By the next day I felt as though I were a good 20 years younger, with no pain to speak of anywhere in my body. My hands and feet were no longer swollen: ring size went from 9 to 8 and had to take up all shoe buckles at least one hole. My hands had more flexibility and strength than I had had in years. There were no negative side effects. It's been 6 months and I continue with the flexibility, etc. that I had from the beginning. This Kenalog 40 is great stuff!!"

Bellecoach December 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aristocort (triamcinolone) for Allergic Reactions: "I feel a positive response of this medicine."

v s pathak (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I went to doctor and told her my left arm was starting to freeze up like the right one did. I have R A for 15 yrs. The next morning I thought a miracle had taken place. Never felt so good for so many years. Went to Costa Rica and after about two months it returned. Came home and after searching for the drug. They had it at the hospital. Took it to my doctor and he gave it to me in right hip. Didn't last but about one month. Next time he gave it to me in my left hip and it maybe lasted 3 weeks. The next time I ask him to give it were my other doctor in Panama city beach,fl gave it to me. In my left arm and it is still lasting. Also noticed how my complexion cleared up. I have rosacea. Once it got in my eyes. You need to get it from a hospital drug store."

sailen4love (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "No one warned me that there were ANY side effects to worry about. I was given 2 injections into my left hip of Kenalog 40. Later the first evening, my face was hot and turned scarlet red. The red swelling went into my right eye and felt like sand. Then I started getting dizzy. My blood pressure was off the charts and my blood sugar Doubled! I had to lay down and all I did was sweat. I thought I was having a heart attack!! The next day, the facial rash was better, but the dizziness turned into violent shaking! When sitting very still, it felt like my whole body was on top of a paint shaker. I got horrible diarrhea that lasted for days. My OLP flared into a bloody mess. It took 12 to 15 weeks to even feel kind of normal again"

Styxgirl83 September 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I had alopecia for 5 months before I received any treatment . When I went to the doctor he prescribed a topical solution which didn't help much . He gave me my first shot on my bold spot and three weeks later my hair was fully grown . It totally worked for me :))"

Leidy :) (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've had spring allergies as far back as I can remember. I get severe sinus pressure, loose focus, lose energy, etc. The inflammation in my body makes my blood feel like it's on fire. I get a Kenalog shot 1-2 times every spring and it has been more effective than anything I've every used in my life. The world comes into focus and my body feels like it comes back to life throughout the course of the day that I get it. Usually lasts 3-4 months for me and works wonders in my life."

Jayden2015 March 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I received an injection into my finger knuckle the first time I experienced debilitating osteoarthritis. Within 24 hours the swelling was almost completely reduced and my use of hands was back to normal for about 6 months. I am hoping a second treatment will be just as helpful. Also, I am finding the same problems in my other hand now. "

middle aged February 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "With the first shot I could touch my toes ,but it only lasted seven days. I am on second shot and it has been ten days and it's still working. I wake up at 5 every morning feeling refreshed. I look forward to my shot."

steve 007 November 8, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "My Dermatologist give me tiny injections under the skin on each plaque. My hands can get really bad. Usually by the next day or two they are gone. It lasts quite awhile. I also get injections of Kenalog plus numbing agent for severe muscle spasms from Fibromyalgia. The Pain Management doctor injects the muscles where the spasms are. By the next day I'm 90% better. Usually I only have to get these a few times a year. So Kenelog works really well for me."

JE2 August 24, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pityriasis rubra pilaris: "My husband has Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris also, he is using triamcinolone cream and it is working great on his PRP. Did not know that he could do a shot to clear his feet up faster. Thank you for the information."

Angie Weir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Lichen Planus: "Horrible side effects."

Anonymous April 15, 2014