User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Kenalog-40, Zilretta, Kenalog-10, Aristospan Clinacort Aristospan Intra-Articular Aristospan Intralesional

Triamcinolone has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 133 ratings on Drugs.com. 64% of those users who reviewed Triamcinolone reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Osteoarthritis
Sarcoidosis
Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 7.1 133 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

SheriL64 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2021

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I fell at work more than 2 years ago, broke my patella, after 3 surgeries and the last one seemed to have worked well, my pain level was down to a 2-3. My doctor suggested getting this injection to get me lasting pain relief going forward, I wish now I hadn't. My pain level increased to at least to a 5 within in a week, sometimes it hurts as much as a 6-7. I have pain where I didn't have pain before, Calling my doctor this week. My surgery was at the end of April, the injection was done at 4 weeks. I am now 3 weeks past injection date and it is only worsened my knee pain. I am so over this knee pain.”

Janetk73 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have suffered for 4 yrs with OA and the last year was awful, I have tried everything and eventually all the doctors told me was lose weight and I was not going to do it by exercise. I needed a knee replacement and was too young. In March I finally found a wonderful Dr who listens and came up with a plan. I had the Zillreta injections in both knees on the 29th of March and it has changed my life, I can actually do things, and not be in excruciating pain. 10 weeks in and I'm getting minimal pain back so I'm hopeful that when I need another injection it continues to work. I will forever be grateful to my Dr for introducing this to me.”

PHIL · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 10, 2021

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I get a intramuscular injection of Kenalog 40 in my right shoulder to relieve psoriatic arthritis . The medication works within 2-4 days. It reduces pain from 8/10 to 3/10, The medication seems to be distributed by my blood stream. The rest of my entire body feel the results of the medication also.”

AT · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 14, 2021

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “For years my pain management doctor tried different medicines, but all worked about 1 to 2 weeks. When a new pain management doctor entered the practice, she suggested that we try Zilretta. Pain was almost immediately gone and it lasts for 2 months. Then I can manage the pain with Aleve for the next month. Zilretta has changed my life. I have been having the injections in my right knee for almost 2 years now. Have noticed no side effects.”

Swampbabe November 10, 2020

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I am in the last stages of osteoarthritis in both knees. I pretty young to have knees as bad as I do (so my doctor says) I’m 52 and have been fighting osteoarthritis for 12 years now. I had Zilretta injections in Jan 2020 and it was amazing for the pain. I was pain free for 3 months. My range of motion stayed the same but I had no pain! The only negative thing is when the injections wore off I had no warning of the pain coming back, it came back with a vengeance. I scheduled knee surgery for August and cancelled because of the corona virus. So today I had zilretta injections again to buy time until I feel safe to have surgery! These injections have been the only thing that works for me and I’m so grateful to be pain free even if it is only for 3 months!”

DJA · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have tried all available types of injections for my right knee and I have had less and less effectiveness with each injection. Zilretta has been a miracle drug as it has given me pain and swelling relief for two months. I am very active. I jog about 15-20 miles a week and walk about another 5 miles per week. Before Zilretta I did it with pain and a limp - not now!”

Lost May 17, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Bursitis: “Since getting Kenalog-40 injection for hip bursitis a little under 2 months ago I've had worsening symptoms and they are awful. First I developed terrible acid reflux that left a constant burning in my throat then I developed gastritis. I had no appetite and couldn't eat, also diarrhea for weeks and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Anxiety started shortly after the throat burning and hot and cold sweats, racing heart, lightheaded, it's all gotten worse as the weeks have gone by. I have horrible insomnia, racing heart sometimes palpitations my vision is blurred I have terrible anxiety and now some depression. I can't even drive now I feel so out if it most of the time. And it is affecting me cognitively, I have trouble focusing and making decisions. Oh and my hair is falling out in clumps. I've had every test possible by my dr and everything is normal. Kenalog-40 injection has ruined my life. And I have no idea how long it will last. I'm terrified.”

Anonymous November 16, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “Hair grew back almost instantly. I got Kenalog-10 injections from my doctor in late September. I started noticing hair growth after only a few days. Almost two months later now and my hair is almost completely grown. No more bald spots. It's not perfect, but it's getting there really quick. It was somewhat painful but totally worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “Since getting injection of zilretta after years of cortisone injections for bone on bone in my knees, my worse knee has gotten unbearable. I now not only have knee pain but it feels like a rubber band breaking behind my kneecap and excruciating nerve pain down my whole left leg, even while sleeping. I don't recommend getting this shot. Because of it, I now will have to have my knee replaced sooner rather than later.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was suffering with rheumatoid arthritis and my quality of life was non existent. I was hopeless. My thigh area and my groin area would burn and feel as if it would snap. I couldn't do anything. Pain management could care less about a person's pain anymore. I was in pain management for 8 years. An orthopedic surgeon checked me out suggested the injection of kenalog-40 and I have a life now. It's as different as night and day. I had a reaction right after the injection. Felt faint. Broke out in a sweat. It passed. I took some water. I was fine. I have such relief FINALLY. I hope my pain doesn't return. I'm worried about that because it pained me so much. But right now 3 weeks later, I'm way good!!!”

gingerlucy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I had a shot of Kenalog put in each SI joint. He said he put a total of 30 on 8/6/19. They never told me about any side effects and I've been miserable ever since. Severe fatigue, shortness of breath, very bad anxiety, weak, depressed and it hasn't got any better. It also messed up my thyroid medicaiton. I have no thyroid and now its very low which is making things worse. I wish someone could tell me how long these side effects last. It will be 2 months on the 6th of October and I'm not better. These shots have ruined my life and now they told to never get another one which I would never. I just want my life back. Could someone tell me how long it will take these side effects to go away. Thank you.”

TOPCAT LTKR · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2021

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I had Zilretta injections several times in my left knee which was bone to bone from degenerative arthritis at age 73 and I am a big man of 200 pounds. First injection gave partial relief for about 9-10 weeks maximum and each consecutive dose less effective down to about 4 weeks of relief with last dose. A big problem is they would only give another injection after 90 days so waiting for the next dose meant a lot of pain between doses. I quickly realized it is pain management only and the degenerative condition gets worse as you do more activity on the knee with reduced pain. So surgery is inevitable. You might as well go ahead with TKR. Also, it is a steriod. Several of my injections were painful at injection time and fact was for me, the surgeon delayed my surgery by 120 days saying Zilretta, as a steriod, gave increased risk of infection if given close to surgery date. I would not do it again. I would opt for TKR as soon as pain of bone to bone appears. They do not tell all up front.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “One day I was hobbling at work , walking with a cane. I was done! Some days I couldn’t get up out of a chair. My Dr told me about Zilretta injections for both my knees . I was shock my insurance covered it! Only $50 for both knees. Had both knees drained and injections with Zilretta. WOW! After 2 days of ice I stood up and walked normal for the first time in 12 years I had no knee pain at all. I had little to no swelling from the knees down. I have told everyone I know about Zilretta! So happy to be pain free! Thank you!”

Mygrandson January 15, 2016

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!”

Anonymous March 26, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have bone on bone in both needs and have been in horrible pain for about a year. I have have cortizone injections in the past, with last one only getting relief for a week. I was completely at my wits end . I am only 58 years old and am trying to hold off on knee replacement surgery for as long as possible. My prayers have been answered with Zilretta, I had an injection in both knees 8 days ago and I feel like a new person. I pray the relief continues. I would recommend this to everyone suffering with knee pain.”

Anonymous July 7, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “My hair was falling out and my doctor began a series of kenalog shots(3).Within 30 days I noticed it stopped falling out,and began growing back.Kenalog was successful for my hair,I regained a lost sense of smell,and it restored a sense of well being I didnt realize I had lost to cronic fatigue.It was wonderful, however I experienced a huge indenture on my body in the area I received the shot.It looks like a shark bite.My doctor said it is fat scarring.There are others who got this dent too.”

Katy · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “This is the first and last time using this injection, I'm 8 weeks in and still having panic attacks, insomnia, increased hunger, anxiety, How long does this last Please avoid at all costs you will regret it”

cet93 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped”

nuke · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I've had medial left knee pain for awhile and tried different avenues of pain management, including hyaluronic acid injections. Zilretta is awesome! It took a good week for it to kick in, but I am now at one month and the pain has subsided immensely. No side effects at all. I'm very active and play a lot of pickleball, so I'm a true test to the effectiveness of this drug.”

Marty · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I've had every knee shot for knee osteoarthritis with no results. I've had moderate to severe knee pain for five years. I had my left knee injected two weeks ago and got immediate results. Pain free! Yesterday I had my right knee injected with the same results. Zilretta is amazing! Curious to see how long the shots will last.”

Sheree · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I got diagnosed with Alopecia February of 2019. I noticed I had a bald spot in the middle of my head the size of a dime then it grew bigger & bigger, to the point that I had to find out what it was. The doctor gave me clobetasol propionate ointment. Then two months later I was given injections of kenalog 10 and it took about two months new hair grew in, a different texture at that! I was so happy & great full. Now I have spots elsewhere and the doctors are working on those areas as well. FEELING HOPEFUL!”

SusieQ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have had Zilretta injections in both of my knees. It is absolutely FANTASTIC ! I was pain free the 1st day after my injection. I did not have any side effects. I can do things I haven't been able to do for years. Going up and down stairs is so much easier now. I can stand in one place for and extended period of time. I can kneel on the floor and play with my Grand kids. I feel like a new person being pain free. I would recommend anyone with Osteoarthritis to try Zilretta.”

Tag · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I also have bone on bone in my knee. I was using cortisone injections and then doctor told me about Zilretta. I got the injection in May and by August it was wearing off. I am in more pain now than ever before. It felt great at first but WOW. I do not recommend this.”

Mimi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 26, 2018

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I started losing my hair suddenly about 6 years ago during some very stressful times in my life. I had to wear a wig & was miserable. I had always had thick, wavy "Farrah Fawcett" hair. I saw a doctor who referred me to a specialist. It's been about 4 years now that I go every six weeks for the injections. I still get tiny patches but we are able to control them but I have my long, pretty hair back!!”

bigferny1 August 14, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I had severe allopecia areata. While I was deployed in Iraq I recieved kenalog injections intra-muscularly 40-60mg every 2 months until bald spots started filling back in. Then I started receiving the shot interdermally at the site of the missing hair and it regrew. Here I sit, 2 years later with a full head of hair. Worked great. Did cause atrophy in the fat around where I received the shots. I also noticed that my joints felt weaker when taking it.”

NeNe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 3, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “MAN!!! Where do I start? Both knees are shot but I’m unable to do surgery at this time because of mother-in-law broken hip and recent major surgery on son so we’re taking care of them. ZILRETTA is fantastic for my osteoarthritis it works and it lasts for about 3 months I have been taking the injections about 9 months. Before that Dr was doing steroid injections that last almost 2-3 weeks. Greatest product.”

Leidy :) · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2015

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I had alopecia for 5 months before I received any treatment . When I went to the doctor he prescribed a topical solution which didn't help much . He gave me my first shot on my bold spot and three weeks later my hair was fully grown . It totally worked for me :))”

Jayden2015 March 9, 2015

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I've had spring allergies as far back as I can remember. I get severe sinus pressure, loose focus, lose energy, etc. The inflammation in my body makes my blood feel like it's on fire. I get a Kenalog shot 1-2 times every spring and it has been more effective than anything I've every used in my life. The world comes into focus and my body feels like it comes back to life throughout the course of the day that I get it. Usually lasts 3-4 months for me and works wonders in my life.”