User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Acetocot, Aristocort, Aristocort For Injection, Aristopak, Aristospan, Aristospan Intra-Articular, Aristospan Intralesional, Azmacort, Clinacort, Clinalog, Cort-K, Ken-Jec 40, Kenaject-40, Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, TAC 3, Tramacort-D, Triam-A, Triam-Forte, Triamcot, Triamonide 40, Trilog, Trilone, Tristoject, U-Tri-Lone, Zilretta …show all brand names

Dermatitis

Bursitis

1 review 74 medications
Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 8.1 61 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I started losing my hair suddenly about 6 years ago during some very stressful times in my life. I had to wear a wig & was miserable. I had always had thick, wavy "Farrah Fawcett" hair. I saw a doctor who referred me to a specialist. It's been about 4 years now that I go every six weeks for the injections. I still get tiny patches but we are able to control them but I have my long, pretty hair back!!"

Mimi (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Bursitis: "Since getting Kenalog-40 injection for hip bursitis a little under 2 months ago I've had worsening symptoms and they are awful. First I developed terrible acid reflux that left a constant burning in my throat then I developed gastritis. I had no appetite and couldn't eat, also diarrhea for weeks and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Anxiety started shortly after the throat burning and hot and cold sweats, racing heart, lightheaded, it's all gotten worse as the weeks have gone by. I have horrible insomnia, racing heart sometimes palpitations my vision is blurred I have terrible anxiety and now some depression. I can't even drive now I feel so out if it most of the time. And it is affecting me cognitively, I have trouble focusing and making decisions. Oh and my hair is falling out in clumps. I've had every test possible by my dr and everything is normal. Kenalog-40 injection has ruined my life. And I have no idea how long it will last. I'm terrified."

Lost May 17, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I got an injection in my right knee a month ago today (Dr had sample). I was a little worried about it containing steroids, because I've previously had them worsen my mental health symptoms, but I didn't have too many problems with that this time. Of course, after the injection, my knee was sore & swollen, making it difficult to walk right for a few days. I noticed nasal congestion, which is one of the side effects. Since it's extended release, I expected the osteoarthritis pain & swelling in my knee to go down, at least a little bit over time. To date, it hasn't & has actually gotten worse. I've also noticed increased knee stiffness & leg spasms (feels like they're behind the knee cap), that I didn't have before. I was looking forward to this med providing much needed relief, not causing issues. At this point, I'm not planning to get my left knee done. Just not the results I expected. Although I don't believe it's at all related, I will be fair & mention I also have fibromyalgia."

Jillyn31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Worse drug I have ever had. I was given a Kenalog injection for arthritis and fibromyalgia. I immediately had my blood pressure go off the chart and developed a rash and rapid heartbeat. I also had trouble breathing and problems with my eyesight. I now have a permanent heart problem. I do NOT recommend this drug for anyone!"

Cher (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I lost my sense of smell several years ago due to chronic sinusitis. In March 2017, I had a shot of Kenalog in my right hip, resulting in the restoration of my sense of smell. It was wonderful, but short-lived. The shot lasted 3 months, and my ENT will only give it once a year due to the chance of necrosis. I had my 2nd shot in mid April (almost 2 weeks ago) and unfortunately, my sense of smell did not return. Hoping that it will come back again."

gailkr (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Keloids: "It worked for me for the moment. I got injected for over a year and the keloids got red and came back bigger. I got a big one on my chest and 3 on my back. And now when I get a pimple or a small scratch they turned to keloids after years later with no injections . I guess since it's in my body the scars turned red and now getting bigger and these 2 new ones were ,Never injected. It sucks I'm 36 and they don't stop growing."

Roxsimon424 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Had an injection into my knee due to osteoarthritis. I am scheduled for knee replacement but there is 1 year wait for surgery. Before injection I could not sleep due to throbbing pain and after injection this is gone. My overall pain is significantly reduced. I had no adverse reaction to the drug."

HelenBee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "After the shot had pain down the entire leg for a week. No other reaction and NO relief in the hip area. It finally wore off and I'm back to where I started with the discomfort."

Carson Kid September 11, 2017

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Neuritis: "I have Tunnel syndrome in my foot. A doctor made my Kenalog injection in it. I could not feel my foot during five days. It's been three weeks now, but I have numbness and tingling . And I do not know when will finish numbness and tingling....If finishes at all..."

arialuk July 1, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped"

cet93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Had injection to right thumb on 3/1/17 for stiffness. As an adverse reaction, I've already lost 75% of my hair! If it ever stops falling, it will take years to restore! This medication is poison and should be taken off the market. i Contacted Bristol- Meyers Squibb and they have no comment to offer regarding my complaint. I am looking for an attorney!"

L Chiriboga June 1, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "Have been receiving the injections now for three months with great results. My hair was bald in the centers of my head. At this time my hair has grow about 1 inch at the point."

Jazzyj2005 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

Aristospan (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It's the only injection that truly helps my son be able to function as a rambunctious teenager without pain in all his joints. He's had up to 17 injections done at one time for his Poly-particular Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis with a short recovery time and pain relief for 3-4 months. I highly recommend asking about getting this injection instead of a short lived Cortisone injection."

Jrounds78 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I've been getting Kenalog shots for my alopecia once a month for five months now....Very little hair regrowth, the hair that has grown back is grey now, and the alopecia continues to spread. I've lost 40% of my beard over the past few months and nothing is helping, including Kenalog."

Trevmcg March 25, 2017

For Alopecia: "8 years ago I was diagnosed as having central alopecia...tender scalp accompanied by hair loss. Topical steriod lotion( Betnovate) and Doxycycline were prescribed by my dermatologist. They helped and the hair loss stopped. Because it is the scarring type, the top remained a bit sparse but I was grateful that the hair loss stopped. A couple months ago the hair loss started again and was terrible. Desperate, I requested triamicinolone injections on my scalp. I got 10 on December 15th. In about 8 days I could swear I could see the spaces filling. I almost cried. As a woman, going bald is undescribably horrible. It's been almost a month and it continues to improve. Thank God!!!"

Liz Charles January 14, 2017

For Dermatological Disorders: "Cream works great on rash that could not be identified when biopsy done. I get diarrhea though, especially bad if use too much cream. Use sparingly! I only use as needed for flare ups."

Unknown rash (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2016

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Iritis: "Chronic uveitis/iritis. Several drops and pills and injections later, the one thing that shows marked decrease between flares for me is this stupid kenalog injection. I would rather do anything that get injections in my eye! They're miserable for a few days afterwards. Not great for active mom of toddler. Want to burry my head in silence, darkness for three days. HOWEVER, I have basically been in a two year long flare, this injection has given me quieter days with my fickle illness. Saved my sight. Lasts about 3 months during rough goes and 8 months during good times. So they say."

uveitismama (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: " i have fibro, chronic pain around neck ,relieved pain very fast.. side effects still here- into 2nd week. rapid heart rate, feels like can't catch my breath, sweats, coughing, bouncing off the walls.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!"

Mygrandson January 15, 2016

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Received Kenalog injection in right thumb, for Osteoarthritis. I had side effects with Dr saying these were NOT related to the Kenalog Injection. Dizziness, bloody nose, confusion, Migraines. Dr. knew from my chart that I had Diabetes- Thyroid, AND PREVIOUS bad reaction with 'Prednsone' Dr. told me before injection on the same day, "I've never heard of anyone being allergic to "Corticosteroids" I agreed then to Injection & suffered since 12/16/2015 with the adverse effects. Grrrr! I'm female-77 years."

My other name (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "I had strained pretty much my entire body making changes in an old chest. My whole body seemed to hurt constantly and my hands were essentially unmoving and stiff. With an on and off Dx of SLE, I went to a rheumatologist. He injected once in the hip with Kenelog 40. By the next day I felt as though I were a good 20 years younger, with no pain to speak of anywhere in my body. My hands and feet were no longer swollen: ring size went from 9 to 8 and had to take up all shoe buckles at least one hole. My hands had more flexibility and strength than I had had in years. There were no negative side effects. It's been 6 months and I continue with the flexibility, etc. that I had from the beginning. This Kenalog 40 is great stuff!!"

Bellecoach December 7, 2015

Aristocort (triamcinolone) for Allergic Reactions: "I feel a positive response of this medicine."

v s pathak (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I went to doctor and told her my left arm was starting to freeze up like the right one did. I have R A for 15 yrs. The next morning I thought a miracle had taken place. Never felt so good for so many years. Went to Costa Rica and after about two months it returned. Came home and after searching for the drug. They had it at the hospital. Took it to my doctor and he gave it to me in right hip. Didn't last but about one month. Next time he gave it to me in my left hip and it maybe lasted 3 weeks. The next time I ask him to give it were my other doctor in Panama city beach,fl gave it to me. In my left arm and it is still lasting. Also noticed how my complexion cleared up. I have rosacea. Once it got in my eyes. You need to get it from a hospital drug store."

sailen4love (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "No one warned me that there were ANY side effects to worry about. I was given 2 injections into my left hip of Kenalog 40. Later the first evening, my face was hot and turned scarlet red. The red swelling went into my right eye and felt like sand. Then I started getting dizzy. My blood pressure was off the charts and my blood sugar Doubled! I had to lay down and all I did was sweat. I thought I was having a heart attack!! The next day, the facial rash was better, but the dizziness turned into violent shaking! When sitting very still, it felt like my whole body was on top of a paint shaker. I got horrible diarrhea that lasted for days. My OLP flared into a bloody mess. It took 12 to 15 weeks to even feel kind of normal again"

Styxgirl83 September 2, 2015

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I had alopecia for 5 months before I received any treatment . When I went to the doctor he prescribed a topical solution which didn't help much . He gave me my first shot on my bold spot and three weeks later my hair was fully grown . It totally worked for me :))"

Leidy :) (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015