User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Kenalog-40, Zilretta, Kenalog-10, Aristospan Intra-Articular, Aristospan, Aristospan Intralesional, Clinacort

Dermatitis

Bursitis

1 review 76 medications
Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 8.0 76 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Some mild pain and inflammation relief but that lasted just a little while. It's supposed to last a long time but my knee is pretty much worse than before I started the Zirletta injection. I can't say if that's the natural progression or the cortisone sped it up. But I can say that the regular cortisone shot I got before Zirletta was way more effective. I would not recommend Zirletta."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "The first set of injections kept me in pain and off of my feet for over a week. I've had to get the injections every 3 months instead of every 6 like my last medication. Every time it is the same thing, both knees end up swollen and painful for a week or longer. The effects of Zilretta are semi-beneficial for about 8 weeks. I've had a lot more pain, stiffness and swelling in my knees since taking Zilretta. There are days that I can't fully straighten or bend my legs. The inflammation is bad and my symptoms are becoming worse then they were before I started Zilretta. This is a serious concern. I'm glad that it is helping some people, but for me the short 8 weeks of slight relief is not worth the pain and worsening of symptoms that I have for the rest of the time between injections."

Haven (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Lichen Planus: "I had two shots of kenalog 40, 1 month apart. The lichen planus went away but the side effects of the medication were horrible. Made me feel ill, achey, tired, gastritis, cystitis gave me irregular menstrual periods (every 2 weeks) and a huge dent on my butt cheek where administered. 5 months later, I still have some of the effects."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "MAN!!! Where do I start? Both knees are shot but I’m unable to do surgery at this time because of mother-in-law broken hip and recent major surgery on son so we’re taking care of them. ZILRETTA is fantastic for my osteoarthritis it works and it lasts for about 3 months I have been taking the injections about 9 months. Before that Dr was doing steroid injections that last almost 2-3 weeks. Greatest product."

NeNe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for : "I’m 53 years old and do resistance training 5 days a week to keep my genetic cholesterol in check. My shoulder was hurting for a few years and getting worse. It was so painful when I finally went to the doctor I could hardly lift my arm to put a shirt on. I received this shot on a Friday. By Monday morning I felt like I was only 20 years old. I went from dealing with constant pain to zero pain in three days. I went from struggling with 25 lb. dumbbells to easily using 40 lb. dumbbells. I went from doing 4 sets of 25 pushups to 4 sets of 50 pushups. I almost doubled all the weight I had been struggling to lift before this medication and I felt like Superman. It was amazing for me! I had no side effects. The negative thing is I was 100% pain free for only three weeks and then the pain started slowly coming back. It’s still tolerable after two months. Now it only hurts when I resistance train even though I’m back to using lighter weights. At least I can still lift my arm pain free when I put on a shirt."

Onion April 24, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "Horrible injection, side effects worse than prednisone except you can't make it stop because it lasts at least 3 to 4 weeks after injection. My dermatologist pressured me to get this shot for my inflamed skin but he did not tell me it would make me so sick with nausea, vomiting and vertigo that I would not be able to function. Almost a month has gone by and I am still sick as anything from Kenalog. I will never let a doctor do this to me again! This drug is awful!!! It makes me thankful for the Lupus!!!"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I had high hopes for this injection after failed cortisone, and other injections. I iced my knee several times a day. I have a bit of relief in my knee but by the end of the day I'm "toast". It has been one week since my injection. I'm glad others had success, however, it is not working for me."

anonymous1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I have bone on bone in both needs and have been in horrible pain for about a year. I have have cortizone injections in the past, with last one only getting relief for a week. I was completely at my wits end . I am only 58 years old and am trying to hold off on knee replacement surgery for as long as possible. My prayers have been answered with Zilretta, I had an injection in both knees 8 days ago and I feel like a new person. I pray the relief continues. I would recommend this to everyone suffering with knee pain."

Anonymous March 26, 2019

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I have been on monthly injections for over four years. At one point I recovered 90% of my hair back only to lose my hair once again. Injections have since stopped as it just was no longer working. I am now trying the acid treatment on my scalp as a final attempt. It could be very frustrating yet only causes stress when people make it a point to remind you your hair is falling out."

Eloy (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had every knee shot for knee osteoarthritis with no results. I've had moderate to severe knee pain for five years. I had my left knee injected two weeks ago and got immediate results. Pain free! Yesterday I had my right knee injected with the same results. Zilretta is amazing! Curious to see how long the shots will last."

Marty (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had medial left knee pain for awhile and tried different avenues of pain management, including hyaluronic acid injections. Zilretta is awesome! It took a good week for it to kick in, but I am now at one month and the pain has subsided immensely. No side effects at all. I'm very active and play a lot of pickleball, so I'm a true test to the effectiveness of this drug."

nuke (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 74 years young, active person. Had pain in my jaw for about three weeks, could hardly talk or eat. Thinking it was something awful, I went to the E.R. and the MD there ordered a CAT Scan of the mandible, etc. Finally, the report came in as Osteo-Arthritis of the jaw area and inflammation, etc. Well, I was given 2 injections: one of Toradol for pain and Kenalog for the inflammation. Amazingly, after about one hour, I felt much better. Hardly any pain. The doctor told me to see my own MD for follow up and to take Aleve for pain until then. I will be making an appt. ASAP since I was good for three whole weeks but now the pain is starting again. I don't want to take Aleve too much as it irritates the stomach and could be harmful if taken consistently. No side effects from either drug."

Lovey (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Dermatitis: "I have used this drug for 20 years and it was effective for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis with no side affects."

jay (taken for 10 years or more) December 9, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Do not get this injection!!!! I got mine about 6 1/2 weeks ago. The first week was ok no side effects but no pain relief either. Side effects for me started at week 2 and still going. Burning mouth/throat. Worse anxiety then I already had. Extreme nausea, no appetite, I’ve lost 8 lbs and I can not afford to lose weight. I’m terrified how long this will go on."

Scared (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "One day I was hobbling at work , walking with a cane. I was done! Some days I couldn’t get up out of a chair. My Dr told me about Zilretta injections for both my knees . I was shock my insurance covered it! Only $50 for both knees. Had both knees drained and injections with Zilretta. WOW! After 2 days of ice I stood up and walked normal for the first time in 12 years I had no knee pain at all. I had little to no swelling from the knees down. I have told everyone I know about Zilretta! So happy to be pain free! Thank you!"

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had Zilretta injections in both of my knees. It is absolutely FANTASTIC ! I was pain free the 1st day after my injection. I did not have any side effects. I can do things I haven't been able to do for years. Going up and down stairs is so much easier now. I can stand in one place for and extended period of time. I can kneel on the floor and play with my Grand kids. I feel like a new person being pain free. I would recommend anyone with Osteoarthritis to try Zilretta."

SusieQ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: "I started losing my hair suddenly about 6 years ago during some very stressful times in my life. I had to wear a wig & was miserable. I had always had thick, wavy "Farrah Fawcett" hair. I saw a doctor who referred me to a specialist. It's been about 4 years now that I go every six weeks for the injections. I still get tiny patches but we are able to control them but I have my long, pretty hair back!!"

Mimi (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Bursitis: "Since getting Kenalog-40 injection for hip bursitis a little under 2 months ago I've had worsening symptoms and they are awful. First I developed terrible acid reflux that left a constant burning in my throat then I developed gastritis. I had no appetite and couldn't eat, also diarrhea for weeks and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Anxiety started shortly after the throat burning and hot and cold sweats, racing heart, lightheaded, it's all gotten worse as the weeks have gone by. I have horrible insomnia, racing heart sometimes palpitations my vision is blurred I have terrible anxiety and now some depression. I can't even drive now I feel so out if it most of the time. And it is affecting me cognitively, I have trouble focusing and making decisions. Oh and my hair is falling out in clumps. I've had every test possible by my dr and everything is normal. Kenalog-40 injection has ruined my life. And I have no idea how long it will last. I'm terrified."

Lost May 17, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "I got an injection in my right knee a month ago today (Dr had sample). I was a little worried about it containing steroids, because I've previously had them worsen my mental health symptoms, but I didn't have too many problems with that this time. Of course, after the injection, my knee was sore & swollen, making it difficult to walk right for a few days. I noticed nasal congestion, which is one of the side effects. Since it's extended release, I expected the osteoarthritis pain & swelling in my knee to go down, at least a little bit over time. To date, it hasn't & has actually gotten worse. I've also noticed increased knee stiffness & leg spasms (feels like they're behind the knee cap), that I didn't have before. I was looking forward to this med providing much needed relief, not causing issues. At this point, I'm not planning to get my left knee done. Just not the results I expected. Although I don't believe it's at all related, I will be fair & mention I also have fibromyalgia."

Jillyn31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Worse drug I have ever had. I was given a Kenalog injection for arthritis and fibromyalgia. I immediately had my blood pressure go off the chart and developed a rash and rapid heartbeat. I also had trouble breathing and problems with my eyesight. I now have a permanent heart problem. I do NOT recommend this drug for anyone!"

Cher (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I lost my sense of smell several years ago due to chronic sinusitis. In March 2017, I had a shot of Kenalog in my right hip, resulting in the restoration of my sense of smell. It was wonderful, but short-lived. The shot lasted 3 months, and my ENT will only give it once a year due to the chance of necrosis. I had my 2nd shot in mid April (almost 2 weeks ago) and unfortunately, my sense of smell did not return. Hoping that it will come back again."

gailkr (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Keloids: "It worked for me for the moment. I got injected for over a year and the keloids got red and came back bigger. I got a big one on my chest and 3 on my back. And now when I get a pimple or a small scratch they turned to keloids after years later with no injections . I guess since it's in my body the scars turned red and now getting bigger and these 2 new ones were ,Never injected. It sucks I'm 36 and they don't stop growing."

Roxsimon424 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Had an injection into my knee due to osteoarthritis. I am scheduled for knee replacement but there is 1 year wait for surgery. Before injection I could not sleep due to throbbing pain and after injection this is gone. My overall pain is significantly reduced. I had no adverse reaction to the drug."

HelenBee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: "After the shot had pain down the entire leg for a week. No other reaction and NO relief in the hip area. It finally wore off and I'm back to where I started with the discomfort."

Carson Kid September 11, 2017

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Neuritis: "I have Tunnel syndrome in my foot. A doctor made my Kenalog injection in it. I could not feel my foot during five days. It's been three weeks now, but I have numbness and tingling . And I do not know when will finish numbness and tingling....If finishes at all..."

arialuk July 1, 2017