User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Kenalog-40, Zilretta, Kenalog-10, Aristospan Clinacort Aristospan Intra-Articular Aristospan Intralesional

Triamcinolone has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 162 ratings on Drugs.com. 59% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 34% reported a negative experience.

Osteoarthritis
Iritis
Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 6.6 162 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

AT · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 14, 2021

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “For years my pain management doctor tried different medicines, but all worked about 1 to 2 weeks. When a new pain management doctor entered the practice, she suggested that we try Zilretta. Pain was almost immediately gone and it lasts for 2 months. Then I can manage the pain with Aleve for the next month. Zilretta has changed my life. I have been having the injections in my right knee for almost 2 years now. Have noticed no side effects.”

Swampbabe · November 10, 2020

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I am in the last stages of osteoarthritis in both knees. I pretty young to have knees as bad as I do (so my doctor says) I’m 52 and have been fighting osteoarthritis for 12 years now. I had Zilretta injections in Jan 2020 and it was amazing for the pain. I was pain free for 3 months. My range of motion stayed the same but I had no pain! The only negative thing is when the injections wore off I had no warning of the pain coming back, it came back with a vengeance. I scheduled knee surgery for August and cancelled because of the corona virus. So today I had zilretta injections again to buy time until I feel safe to have surgery! These injections have been the only thing that works for me and I’m so grateful to be pain free even if it is only for 3 months!”

Lost · May 17, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Bursitis: “Since getting Kenalog-40 injection for hip bursitis a little under 2 months ago I've had worsening symptoms and they are awful. First I developed terrible acid reflux that left a constant burning in my throat then I developed gastritis. I had no appetite and couldn't eat, also diarrhea for weeks and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Anxiety started shortly after the throat burning and hot and cold sweats, racing heart, lightheaded, it's all gotten worse as the weeks have gone by. I have horrible insomnia, racing heart sometimes palpitations my vision is blurred I have terrible anxiety and now some depression. I can't even drive now I feel so out if it most of the time. And it is affecting me cognitively, I have trouble focusing and making decisions. Oh and my hair is falling out in clumps. I've had every test possible by my dr and everything is normal. Kenalog-40 injection has ruined my life. And I have no idea how long it will last. I'm terrified.”

Katy · Taken for less than 1 month · October 27, 2020

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “This is the first and last time using this injection, I'm 8 weeks in and still having panic attacks, insomnia, increased hunger, anxiety, How long does this last Please avoid at all costs you will regret it”

David Pack · February 16, 2022

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I would NEVER recommend this Kenalog steroid to anyone under any circumstances. I was given it for Fluid in shoulder. Within 1 minute I felt like I could fall down, the left side of my face was Red Hot!! And the Hot flashes persistently happens to this day 7 months later! For 5 months they were horrible. My blood pressure went from 120/80 which is perfect to 164/104 and I almost had a stroke. My pain in my shoulder at no point was better an my Doctor at the Medical center never went over the side effects with me . I even asked and all he said was I have never heard of anything bad happening with the steroid. Which was a BOLD face lie. After hundreds of horror stories I’ve read there is NO way doctors should ever use this steroid! Very very dangerous people. My left eye gets blurry also and it is weird how it feels. Almost a foggy feeling. This drug is banned in the UK for a reason. They should stop doctors from using this anymore. I have prayed for this many times. STAY clear of Kenalog!!!!! It’s a life threatening drug”

DJA · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 3, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have tried all available types of injections for my right knee and I have had less and less effectiveness with each injection. Zilretta has been a miracle drug as it has given me pain and swelling relief for two months. I am very active. I jog about 15-20 miles a week and walk about another 5 miles per week. Before Zilretta I did it with pain and a limp - not now!”

Anonymous · November 16, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “Hair grew back almost instantly. I got Kenalog-10 injections from my doctor in late September. I started noticing hair growth after only a few days. Almost two months later now and my hair is almost completely grown. No more bald spots. It's not perfect, but it's getting there really quick. It was somewhat painful but totally worth it.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month · October 28, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was suffering with rheumatoid arthritis and my quality of life was non existent. I was hopeless. My thigh area and my groin area would burn and feel as if it would snap. I couldn't do anything. Pain management could care less about a person's pain anymore. I was in pain management for 8 years. An orthopedic surgeon checked me out suggested the injection of kenalog-40 and I have a life now. It's as different as night and day. I had a reaction right after the injection. Felt faint. Broke out in a sweat. It passed. I took some water. I was fine. I have such relief FINALLY. I hope my pain doesn't return. I'm worried about that because it pained me so much. But right now 3 weeks later, I'm way good!!!”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month · October 6, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “One day I was hobbling at work , walking with a cane. I was done! Some days I couldn’t get up out of a chair. My Dr told me about Zilretta injections for both my knees . I was shock my insurance covered it! Only $50 for both knees. Had both knees drained and injections with Zilretta. WOW! After 2 days of ice I stood up and walked normal for the first time in 12 years I had no knee pain at all. I had little to no swelling from the knees down. I have told everyone I know about Zilretta! So happy to be pain free! Thank you!”

gingerlucy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 27, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I had a shot of Kenalog put in each SI joint. He said he put a total of 30 on 8/6/19. They never told me about any side effects and I've been miserable ever since. Severe fatigue, shortness of breath, very bad anxiety, weak, depressed and it hasn't got any better. It also messed up my thyroid medicaiton. I have no thyroid and now its very low which is making things worse. I wish someone could tell me how long these side effects last. It will be 2 months on the 6th of October and I'm not better. These shots have ruined my life and now they told to never get another one which I would never. I just want my life back. Could someone tell me how long it will take these side effects to go away. Thank you.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 24, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “Since getting injection of zilretta after years of cortisone injections for bone on bone in my knees, my worse knee has gotten unbearable. I now not only have knee pain but it feels like a rubber band breaking behind my kneecap and excruciating nerve pain down my whole left leg, even while sleeping. I don't recommend getting this shot. Because of it, I now will have to have my knee replaced sooner rather than later.”

Mygrandson · January 15, 2016

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!”

Anonymous · March 26, 2019

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have bone on bone in both needs and have been in horrible pain for about a year. I have have cortizone injections in the past, with last one only getting relief for a week. I was completely at my wits end . I am only 58 years old and am trying to hold off on knee replacement surgery for as long as possible. My prayers have been answered with Zilretta, I had an injection in both knees 8 days ago and I feel like a new person. I pray the relief continues. I would recommend this to everyone suffering with knee pain.”

Jayden2015 · March 9, 2015

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I've had spring allergies as far back as I can remember. I get severe sinus pressure, loose focus, lose energy, etc. The inflammation in my body makes my blood feel like it's on fire. I get a Kenalog shot 1-2 times every spring and it has been more effective than anything I've every used in my life. The world comes into focus and my body feels like it comes back to life throughout the course of the day that I get it. Usually lasts 3-4 months for me and works wonders in my life.”

Cher · Taken for less than 1 month · May 3, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Worse drug I have ever had. I was given a Kenalog injection for arthritis and fibromyalgia. I immediately had my blood pressure go off the chart and developed a rash and rapid heartbeat. I also had trouble breathing and problems with my eyesight. I now have a permanent heart problem. I do NOT recommend this drug for anyone!”

MT, female · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 12, 2022

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Frozen Shoulder: “Excellent at getting rid of the pain and restoring range of motion in my frozen shoulder, but HORRIBLE systemic side effects in the rest of my body. The first immediate side effect was an adrenaline rush that kept me on edge and wide awake for three nights after the injection. After a week my sleep returned to normal however then the hormonal side effects began. I would have strings of unusual rapid-fire hot flashes one after the other. Those lasted about two months and then tapered off. I also stopped getting a period for 6 months. There is plenty of research online showing that Kenalog-40 injections can mess with your “HPA Axis” which are your Hormone, Pituitary, and Adrenal systems. Unfortunately I had to learn that on my own after the side effects started. Absolutely none of this was mentioned by the (male) doctor who recommended and did the injection. People should be forewarned and the possible side effects explained in advance. I will never take this drug again.”

WORST EVER · Taken for less than 1 month · November 2, 2021

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I should have read the reviews before getting an injection of Kenalog in my knee. Almost immediately I started feeling dizzy and I was the day and night went on my heart started racing I haven’t slept in one minute. I have extreme anxiety and my blood pressure shot up to 159/95 and pulse 95 and that is even on my blood pressure medicine. I had the worst heartburn and just feel dread. I am hoping these side effects subside over the next few days but the reviews say not. Also, it has made my asthma a lot worse over the last 24 hours. This is the second injection I have gotten and I said I would never do it again but this time I mean it. It never did help my pain what a waste.”

cet93 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 30, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped”

Anonymous · July 7, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “My hair was falling out and my doctor began a series of kenalog shots(3).Within 30 days I noticed it stopped falling out,and began growing back.Kenalog was successful for my hair,I regained a lost sense of smell,and it restored a sense of well being I didnt realize I had lost to cronic fatigue.It was wonderful, however I experienced a huge indenture on my body in the area I received the shot.It looks like a shark bite.My doctor said it is fat scarring.There are others who got this dent too.”

Scared · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 9, 2018

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “Do not get this injection!!!! I got mine about 6 1/2 weeks ago. The first week was ok no side effects but no pain relief either. Side effects for me started at week 2 and still going. Burning mouth/throat. Worse anxiety then I already had. Extreme nausea, no appetite, I’ve lost 8 lbs and I can not afford to lose weight. I’m terrified how long this will go on.”

Mimi · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 26, 2018

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I started losing my hair suddenly about 6 years ago during some very stressful times in my life. I had to wear a wig & was miserable. I had always had thick, wavy "Farrah Fawcett" hair. I saw a doctor who referred me to a specialist. It's been about 4 years now that I go every six weeks for the injections. I still get tiny patches but we are able to control them but I have my long, pretty hair back!!”

Sheree · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 17, 2019

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I got diagnosed with Alopecia February of 2019. I noticed I had a bald spot in the middle of my head the size of a dime then it grew bigger & bigger, to the point that I had to find out what it was. The doctor gave me clobetasol propionate ointment. Then two months later I was given injections of kenalog 10 and it took about two months new hair grew in, a different texture at that! I was so happy & great full. Now I have spots elsewhere and the doctors are working on those areas as well. FEELING HOPEFUL!”

bigferny1 · August 14, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone) for Alopecia: “I had severe allopecia areata. While I was deployed in Iraq I recieved kenalog injections intra-muscularly 40-60mg every 2 months until bald spots started filling back in. Then I started receiving the shot interdermally at the site of the missing hair and it regrew. Here I sit, 2 years later with a full head of hair. Worked great. Did cause atrophy in the fat around where I received the shots. I also noticed that my joints felt weaker when taking it.”

H-Marie · Taken for less than 1 month · July 25, 2019

Kenalog-40 (triamcinolone) for Frozen Shoulder: “If I could give this zero stars I would. I have been dealing with shoulder pain for 5 years. And I have been to as many different doctors. This past week I visited an orthopedist and he told me I have shoulder impingement syndrome. He told me I could have Kenalog shots every 3 months or have a surgical procedure. So I took the initial injection and I have regretted ever allowing this in my body. The next day my face was red, hot and burning. I started crying for no reason and having hysterical thoughts. Dizzy, confused, elevated blood pressure, anger. My pain level skyrocketed within the first two days and is now at the level it was before the shot. Was NOT worth it. I wasn’t informed of the side effects and when I called the dr they basically told me that this happens to less than 10 percent of patients but I have read so many stories like mine. DON’T allow your dr to give you this if you haven’t already. Just awful stuff.”

SusieQ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 13, 2018

Zilretta (triamcinolone) for Osteoarthritis: “I have had Zilretta injections in both of my knees. It is absolutely FANTASTIC ! I was pain free the 1st day after my injection. I did not have any side effects. I can do things I haven't been able to do for years. Going up and down stairs is so much easier now. I can stand in one place for and extended period of time. I can kneel on the floor and play with my Grand kids. I feel like a new person being pain free. I would recommend anyone with Osteoarthritis to try Zilretta.”