Can triamcinolone acetonide B be used to treat severe diaper rash on a little girl?
The cream contains nystatin which is used for women's yeast infections and also contains the steroid triamcinolone, which treats inflammation and swelling. Would this be OK to use? Obviously, I don't want to make it any worse. The little girl is 12 months old.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
No, do not use the steroid cream on your babies diaper rash. Triamcinolone is a potent steroid and should not used on a 1 year old child unless recommended by a doctor.
Your pharmacist will be able to recommend a safer mild corticosteroid / anti-fungal cream.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- Can I use Cipro to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- How long does it take for penicillin to leave your system?
- Can you have a vaginal yeast infection if you have no uterus?
- Cephalexin - can this be used to treat an abscess in the mouth or gum infection?