Can triamcinolone acetonide B be used to treat severe diaper rash on a little girl?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 18, 2019.
The cream contains nystatin which is used for women's yeast infections and also contains the steroid triamcinolone, which treats inflammation and swelling. Would this be OK to use? Obviously, I don't want to make it any worse. The little girl is 12 months old.
No, do not use the steroid cream on your babies diaper rash. Triamcinolone is a potent steroid and should not used on a 1 year old child unless recommended by a doctor.
Your pharmacist will be able to recommend a safer mild corticosteroid / anti-fungal cream.
Related Medical Questions
- What's the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Fluconazole - How long does it take to work?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
- Azithromycin to cure chlamydia: How much and how long?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Cephalexin - can this be used to treat an abscess in the mouth or gum infection?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- UTI vs Bladder vs Yeast Infections - What's the difference?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- I took a fluconazole 150 mg tablet Monday afternoon for a yeast infection.
- What's the normal daily dose of amoxicillin 500mg for chest infections?
- Can you drink wine while taking penicillin VK 500mg tablets?