Can you drink wine while taking penicillin VK 500mg tablets?
I would like a glass of wine however I am taking penicillin VK 500mg tabs for a tooth infection and have been on them for 4 days now. I want to know if it is safe to have a few glasses of wine?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
Yes, it is safe to have a glass of wine while taking penicillin. The effectiveness of the antibiotic will not be reduced and there is no interactions between the two.
Keep in mind though that alcohol can reduce your energy and delay how quickly you recover from illness. So, it may be best to avoid alcohol until you have finished your antibiotics and are feeling better.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- What's the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
- Fluconazole - How long does it take to work?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?